[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

When will funko pops end?

I get why normies collect them, what i don't get is the real funko collectors, in many videos i keep seeing them showcase figures of characters they have absolutely no knowledge about and they just add them to their massive collections, i've seen that newer figures improve on the bodies and poses but most of them will always have those same lifeless eyes unless the character wears a mask or is a robot, at some point any human should get sick of them, i would understand sticking to a certain theme but their collections are full of random shit all over the place, that's just consuming for the sake of consuming, like who the fuck would legitimately like a figure of the mc donalds nuggets, their "artist series" is full of weird shit like ninja turtles with ninja turtle faces painted over them
>>
>>9548970
only funko i actually ever wanted was the jill valentine and re4 leon just bc resident evil toy merch is so scarce
>>
>>9548970
Why do you care? I hate the things too but their mere existence doesn't bug me. Just ignore them.
>>
>>9548970
Funko is a superior product to everything domestic (except maybe spawn which is too edgy and niche for normies).

Go down the marvel legends aisle and see all the eternal shit. Imagine how much a normie wants to collect ML if their exposure is eternals.

Transformers could rival funko if they moved to the collectible aisle, but beast wars is obscure, and if its not microchange or diaclone characters no one cares. Car robots are best robots
>>
When stores get tired of space they take up
>>
I want this thread to go viral, so people can challenge me on "funko are superior to every domestic toy" and fail. They'll mention rare items that aren't sold in stores, and store exclusives. They'll be desperate to disprove it, but in reality funko are superior.
>>
fucknos are low quality garbage
>>
>>9549387
And what domestic line beats them? Only mention figures on shelves
>>
>>9549388
domestic? americans can't make shit because they're so fucking brain dead and need china to do all the hard work while they pog champ BTC and NFTs
>>
>>9549390
You've just described the reason funko are popular. Americans keep popular characters off shelves because "omg we need to complete a team from 6 years ago."

Instead of having comic spiderman permanantly availablr. We have shriek.
>>
>>9549393
all I did was call ameritards brain damaged mongoloids with no ability besides consuming so of course they gotta bing bing wahoo and complete the collection like its a speed running video game of mario land because they can't do shit besides follow orders like a dumb, drug riddled dog hopped up on ADD medication
>>
>>9549397
I thought you got banned you malnourished retard
>>
>>9549397
>have to complete the collection

Of characters they know
That funko produces
That hasbro, and other companies don't

Find me a ninja turtle at target that isn't a funko pop. Go on. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>9549403
characters I know? :o
ninja turtles? :o
did you just bring up the hella epiccly wholesomey chungusy turtle quadrio of the awesomely based 80s? :o
>>9549400
I thought americans were the center of everything but here we are with rising shipping costs, delayed waiting times, dangerously unbalanced scales of ocean levels and all because we can't get enough of that sweet sweet BBTS pile of 90 loot pile.
>>
>>9549403
Stop feeding the shitposter
>>
>>9549410
I don't mind keeping him contained to this shitty thread honestly.
>>
>>9549410
Heres an idea, go fuck yourself and fuck fucknos for ever existing from the burgerpunk dystopia ameritard land has created for itself and so rightfully deserves.
>>
File: 1598772799753.png (76 KB, 410x326)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>9549408
>I thought americans were the center of everything
they are in your head right now. Stop browsing this american website to talk about Americans if you want otherwise lmao
>>
>>9549452
lol dumbass fucking american using japanese animes because his cancerous sjw comic books aere fucking degenerate garbage lol
>>
>can't even post athena's selfies because they're already in the catalogue
hahahaha
>>
>>9549582
I guess repeating how many times its not who you think it is won't ever work, such is the brain damage of ameritards and their dopamine minds.
>>
>>9549584
we don't believe you
>>
>>9549598
then thats a good thing, find me in the transformers threads and tell me to stop making new ones
>>
>>9549603
At least you're not spamming Toy Insanity videos
>>
>>9549604
Who the Fuck is this toy insanity, you?
>>
>>9549607
What are your thoughts on Robo?
>>
>>9549609
Hahaha, you americans and obsession with youtube, Cracks me up!
>>
I'm still correct though. The only reason funko is successful is because of the good character selection. If you go to walmart you won't see a single A-list character

Iron man wave sold quick af, and no one wants to admit its because modular iron man, stealth suit, and ultron being 5 to a case of 8
>>
>>9549565
this is an anime website made by americans, anon
>>
>>9549721
high guardian spice and the transformers trilogy on netflix are dogshit, also cowboy bebop was made by the japanese the american live action show was dog shit
>>
>>9549748
Transformers trilogy was for asian markets
High guardian spice was animated in south korea

Checkmate
>>
File: 1627162066436.png (199 KB, 366x309)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
Once again Athena receives only a 3 day ban and proceeds to shit up every thread on the board, while mods delete posts making fun of him and not deleting his rampant racist shitposting.
>>
>>9549758
is this "athena" legitimately psychotic? This is some aggressive autism on display
>>
>>9549773
I wouldn't say that, I would say he's a sociopath though. He's not random enough to be psychotic, but he's known to dox other people over literally nothing, send death threats to people, believes that slamming NIGGERNIGGERNIGGER over photos of leaks is socially acceptable and then screams when he gets slapped, etc. He just has a complete lack of empathy and the filter of someone with aspergers.
It's just shocking to me he hasn't been rangebanned yet since I don't think there are any other singapore posters here besides him, and he goes on a constant cycle of:
>makes dozens of inflammatory troll posts
>threatens people
>derails a dozen threads
>someone posts his selfies
>he screams in mod IRC
>both him and the person posting the pic gets banned for 3 days
>repeat
>>
>>9549380
Im gonna be honest i don't hate funko pops, at least not the new ones that actually try to be better, i just made this thread because i remember there used to be a funko general here and i wanted to talk with anons that know about funko stuff
>>
>>9550857
there have never been fuckno generals here
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.76 MB, 1203x793)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>9549029
it's not like theyre THAT easy to ignore. This is what replaced the oldest disney store at my local mall. and there are now 5 stores that are based on them
>>
>>9551096
>5 stores that are based on them
doubt.jpg
>>
>>9551269
>fuckno fag is a robo shill

no surprise there
>>
>>9549173
>Funko is a superior product to everything domestic
By what metric are you judging them?
>>
>>9549380
>funko are superior to every domestic toy
If you mean Funko Soda then yes
>>
>>9551269
Hot Topic
Box Lunch
Super Fantasy Land
That new one past Auntie Anne's/Bed, Bath Body Works
Chalice Collectibles (the aforementioned
one of the kiosks near Target
also Target
and Gamestop
>>
File: EWlu1NJXsAEejCZ.jpg (63 KB, 827x916)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>9551096
>store full of funko pops
>>
>>9552667
Those stores don't specialize in pops. They sell other things and just happen to sell pops as well. Those don't count you fag.
>>
>>9552146
Judging purely character vs. character. When i walk down the marvel legends aisle, i know 0 of the characters, because its all eternals. When i look at funko, i know the characters.

I'm fed up with the lack of A-list characters, in every line.
>>
I agree funko for the most part is garbage. Their quality control is horrendous, but they nice if you have a few or so from obscure tv shows, movies or pop culture. I have one on my desk. It's just nice to look at it from time to time.
>>
>>9551096
The sheer amount of wasted floor place is what bothers me more
>>
There’s probably been at least one everyone has liked I only buy one if there’s a character I can’t get in other forms or a character I can’t get enough of
>>
>>9548970
never

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.