[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 90 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FIhDvpiWUAEKWQV.jpg (1 MB, 4096x1860)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
G1 LORE:
> https://wallofhistory.com/
> https://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/
> https://biosector01.com/wiki/Main_Page

G2 LORE:
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRNbTEZ7dhL1lKhlxvt777XQvGFMCH9sq
> https://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/g2/

FOR BUILDERS:
> 4chan won't let me add a link to it but look at VootCaboot's Linktree
> https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page

FAN PROJECTS:
> https://masksofpower.com/
> https://www.redstargames.org/
> https://mythsandlegacy.com/

OP image by BonkleChaser.
>>
>>9542755
Those look very good.
>>
>>9542755
When will the 2022 winner be announced?
>>
>>9542930
Think they last said they won’t announce anything until the winner is about to launch
>>
>>9542755
My absolute least favourite part of Metru Nui was that they were allergic to secondary colors. At least Visorak looked cool.
>>
>>9542755
Gross Whenua
>>
>>9543017
Out of context I don't blame anyone for disliking the colors in Metru nui, but considering how oppressive the setting is I actually appreciate the darker colors and all grey secondary colors. It makes everything more uniform and soulless in a way that plays into the setting very well.

The Hordika could have really had some colour like in the OP pic though.
>>
>>9543019
Exactly. Everyone looks good except for Whenua.
>>
>>9543025
Metru Nui was that grimdark, it was a bright futuristic city in the first place, the oppression was subtle.
>>
File: 1595956800229.jpg (817 KB, 1869x1050)
817 KB
817 KB JPG
early bonk atmosphere was so based
>>
Is roodaka a good set? i'm thinking of getting one but that price
>>
>>9543371
She is cheap to build from parts rather than buying a set. Her part are pretty common, only the silver tatas are expensive.
>>
>>9542755
That sand green on Matau is absolutely delicious
>>9543371
Solid build overall with a lot of great but common parts. Worth it if you really want her.
>>
>>9543362
Absolutely Faberpilled.
>>
why do the miramax vahki look like that
>>
>>9542755
Everyone gets the sweet piraka secondaries and Whenua get's Lime and not just any lime it's Ehlec exclusive lime.
>>
>>9543019
You're just jealous because you aren't an Xbox
>>
>>9543447
It was a different time.
>>
The worst aspects of your favorite sets?
>>
File: hahli.png (852 KB, 742x742)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
>>9543503
>limes
>>
>>9543447
Probably the same reason MoL Makuta looks like that — they were based on early prototypes for the set rather than the production models. But I don't think Vahki prototype pics have ever leaked, so we might not ever know for sure.
>>
File: exo toa.png (384 KB, 507x380)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>9543503
Utterly cucked in the storyline
Otherwise an immaculate toy and the only bonkl vehicle set anyone should ever need (Boxor can come too)
>>
File: img_1462.jpg (768 KB, 2059x1978)
768 KB
768 KB JPG
>>9543503
Silver pieces
>>
>>9543706
hey faggot try walkin !
OH WAIT he doestnt have any leg articulation
>>
File: giga says.png (306 KB, 1068x601)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>>9544042
He does have leg articulation, in fact, he just lacks knee articulation but the hip joints work just fine, which you'd know if you weren't poor and/or a zoomer.
Now post (You)r favorite big man.
>>
>>9544086
hey faggot its been 20 years since bionicle happened I cant remember everything
and I said try walkin OH WAIT
you have no knees
>>
How do I convince my Lego collector friend that Bionicle is based. I told him that Bionicle should get a new set for that anniversary thing Lego is doing.
>Bionicle is trash that line failed a long time ago
>We need Pirate and Castle sets
He's kind of set in his ways, idk what to tell him
>>
>>9544126
he doesn't browse /lg/ by any chance does he?
>>
File: 32425234.jpg (86 KB, 240x240)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>9544128
He does yeah
>>
>>9543017
My least favorite is that they introduced a new Toa team but their personalities were more or less identical to the original Toa.
>>
>>9544126
purple bohrok NOW lego
>>
>>9544133
tell him to start thinking for himself and stop basing his opinions on forced memes
>>
File: 1629367630597.gif (3.77 MB, 500x473)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB GIF
New to this thread but I loved bionicles as a kid and was recently feeling nostalgic for them. Does lego have any plans for nostalgia bait? Because I might consoom. Or are bionicles forever cancelled?
>>
File: ezgif-4-4178fb06c96a.gif (3.7 MB, 640x608)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB GIF
>>9544180
the 90th anniversary lego set that's to release sometime first half of this year maybe (heavy emphasis on just maybe) might have something larger than a sticker in it about bionicle as reference but that's about it.

Unless Lego gets into nft shit and starts selling old "sets" that way.

In other words, you are shit out of luck.
>>
File: seriouscrap.png (1.31 MB, 882x504)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>9544126
>>
>>9544126
>>We need Pirate and Castle sets
> Searching "castle" on LEGO.com brings up four pages of results.
> Searching "pirate" brings up three pages of results.
You don't have to convince your friend Bonk is based, you just need to show him he's an idiot who isn't paying attention.
>>
>>9544210
pirates and castle can least have some new cool stuff but classic space is so tied to such old and outdated aesthetic that's essentially proto lego star wars it'll come out as fucking boring. They weren't even that happy with lego movie SPACESHIP SPACESHIP. That shit should had been their wet dream.
>>
>>9544121
Perhaps, but he can still goose step. Now post (You)r favorite so I can berate you for being a zoomer!
>>
>>9544300
>ooome oomer OOM
its called gen z not oomer methinks youre the kid here anon.
>>
>>9543019
>>9543026
He should've stayed black and gray
>>
how reliable are parts bins? Are they worth the money?
>>
>>9544770
You mean the official parts bin sets?
>>
File: Matoro.jpg (174 KB, 1080x1080)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>9544770
That varies greatly. Had valuable masks in there, also had worthless bs and weird actionfigures and other non lego stuff in there.
>>
>>9544126
Bionicle has the best Castle sets.
>>
>>9544126
Remind that retard of 2013 Pirates and Castle which didn't even get a second wave, lol. Talking about failure.
If Bionicle got a 18+ complex set with their original technic parts (with some sweet recolors), they would most certainly outsell that faggy baracuda or blacksmith because Bionice fans have a lot more money than castle poorfags.
>>
>>9544928
>outsell that faggy baracuda or blacksmith
Blacksmith probably since not even castlefags like it.
>>
>>9544948
Will those fags ever be satisfied?
>>
>>9544126
Abort him.
>>
>>9544770
>>9544840
Yeah it's a total crap shoot. If you can see pics of what's in the bins then you can generally get a good feel of what's worthwhile in it.
>>
File: bb0237.png (85 KB, 282x268)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>9544928
And G2 failed, you probably didn't even buy them yourself for x reason (I bought them all, so you can't cope and seethe to me about it)

the core fandom of Bionicle is miniscule and half of it super lore and not toy oriented. The mass appeal is people who remember "the red one" You could sell Hau display model like the marvel and star wars helmets but that's about it.
Lego isn't going to jump headfirst trying to cater to people who buy Gundams, as much as I'd want to see Bionicle sets of similar quality and design hoping it would be pure lunacy.
>>
>>9545100
Someone's bound to be mad, but this was very good post.
>>
File: edgy.png (310 KB, 442x589)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>9545100
>And G2 failed, you probably didn't even buy them yourself for x reason
Bitch I bet got more G2 sets than you do.

Anyway don't tell me that Castle or Space is something different. There's zero chance that falcons, wolfpack or forestmen have bigger audience than Bionicle, the general appeal is just castle with knights and like I said, that didn't sell well when it got its second chance.
In that sense, Bionicle didn't get their proper second chance because the building system which appealed to the majority of mocfags was changed entirely. Compare that to castle or pirates which chanced only some of their elements, Bionicle still did better. It's lunacy to ignore milions of people who constantly beg you to bring back your most popular product and instead produce retarded experiments like vidiyo or hidden side.
>>
Oh great, the general is back to the shit it was just telling itself not to do from the last thread.
>>
>>9545181
The difference is pirates and castle fit in the same medium as any lego and thus are rather easy to make direct callbacks and sets to. Bionicle requires it's own entire system to exist, system that doesn't intermingle all that well with the rest of the Lego.

You can bet your ass Nick has made an assload of concepts Bionicle, G3, spiritual successor or whatever, only to get rejected by the suits everytime and then being sent to make another ninja mech that's knees he has to begrudingly lock in order to pass the retard focus group.
>>
File: Comic_Matoran_Vhisola.png (253 KB, 250x416)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
so she was gay for nokama right?
>>
File: ironshit.png (3.03 MB, 1265x1600)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB PNG
>>9545181
>>9545301
You're both right and wrong to an extent. Its true that lego didn't give bionicle a chance mostly due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time as it was competing with ninjago at the height of its popularity, star wars new trilogy and Jurassic world while being on the cusp of ending hero factory in that same year giving the line up no time to breath and plan out the franchise in a proper manor. But the problem will always be the retail market and having to accommodate 1000+ stores across dozens of countries. I think what >>9545100 said would be true if it was still trying to apply to the walmarts and targets in the entire state of texas and more. But they can learn the most vital aspect to gundams success. Appealing to the hobby market. A handful of dedicated fans may not make bank but it wont be draining resources and build a stable profit.
>Bionicle requires it's own entire system to exist, system that doesn't intermingle all that well with the rest of the Lego.
Thats true that it would require its own system, but it not being versatile enough for the rest of lego would only be the case if the designers fail to accommodate, which is how you end up with the CCBS system only being able to utilize ball joints. Lego itself was literally design to be modular and the original technic system was aware of the and accommodate for it. And having a main stay line that focus solely on action figure with more articulation in their sets can help in the long run by creating new techniques they can use in the other themes and all they have to do is create a couple new molds to pull it off. Pic related came out this year making it clear they need a separate and dedicated department for this and Bionicle can fill that role with a large enough niche audience to both help stay afloat and provide feedback to improve.
>>
>>9545387
i'm not sure i'd want bionicle to come back if it looked anything like that
>>
>>9545394
Why? Don't you like arms that come out of the middle of the ribcage?
>>
>>9545100
>And G2 failed, you probably didn't even buy them yourself for x reason (I bought them all, so you can't cope and seethe to me about it)
G2 failed because of Disney, bad marketing and other brainlet decisions helped weaken it severely but I will die on the hill that Didney who delivered the killing blow.
SW figs of The Faggot Awakens were selling worse than the skullfuckers out of all damn waves, I've seen Rey and some of her pals outlast by years even the lamest skellies on shelves. On top of that the last wave didn't even last half the time a normal LEGO wave does as cancellation and production halted in August, when the FUCK did they pull the rug on a theme so prematurely it didn't even get the chance to be sold in a considerable portion of the globe before that?
Fun fact: Did you know back in 2016 Lego was experiencing so much demand that their factories couldn't keep up with it and they had to limit production to meet demands? Guess who was the theme that most likely met the shortest end of the stick despite not being the worse perfoming of the two constraction lines and guess who might be the party most interested.
>>
>>9545414
God Damn. I just realized how low those arms are. Wtf is wrong with these designers? How do those shoulder pieces even attach?
>>
>>9545394
And they shouldn't. Its a reminder how limited the brick system can be and how out dated the ball joint designs are as they still need to create separate pieces to give the figure shoulders. Taking a page from gundam or ANY model kits, give the arms themselves the ball joints and make them smaller to be less noticeable and can clip to the side. It not only solves the misaligned arm problem but you can incorporate the shoulder piece to the arms finally. This is just one small design fix and if they had a dedicated line they could find and solve a myriad of these problems.
>>
>>9545423
I would call that tinfoilhat but the way they shilled vidiyo after it was mocked and left to rot by virtually everyone and they were desperate to sell them, then begrudingly announcing they go on a hiatus, and will be re-launched, not cancelled, it's clear as day when a company the size of Universal has them by the balls on a contract, Lego will bend over backwards for something that's a failure not seen since Jack Stone and Galidor.
>>
>>9545301
>Bionicle requires it's own entire system to exist,
Then make something to sustain it rather than leaving it on a vacuum, CCBS had several lines coexisting at the same time and I'm sure if things the piece tubes were less of a rarity and more of a normal occurence like the Creator boxes it could work very well to expand the construction possibilities of the line or similar lines.
>system that doesn't intermingle all that well with the rest of the Lego.
Sure isn't a perfect fit with the rest of LEGO but I can name several system lines and even individual sets that prove your ass wrong. Not to mention this little thing that originated the line in first place called Technic.
>>
>>9543447
maybe their but hurts
>>
File: bonkle_moc.jpg (184 KB, 1277x1280)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
any new mocs anon? here's my dead tree gladiator
>>
File: vezok sexual.jpg (22 KB, 336x357)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>9545314
She indeed had a really unhealthy obsession.
>>
>>9545492
I want to order pieces to finish my mocs, but the bricklink store that has all I need looks a bit suspicious.
>>
>>9545492
Kinda just looks like a Vorox, anon. Maybe show some more angles? I'd like to see more
>>
>>9545428
im not sure i get your point about the shoulders. i always thought they were fine on pretty much all bioncle sets
>>
>>9545861
Thats because for the most part the were attached anywhere BUT the shoulders to give the allusion. Usually to the Biceps or for G2 case add a completely separate layer for it. There were few exceptions like like gresh but they never got around to fixing this awkward design flaw. By having a connecting piece for the arm with ball joint at the end you could create a shoulder piece to connect in-between it.
>>
>>9545910
I have no idea what in the world you're trying to describe. A picture would be helpful. Draw something up because I'd really like to understand what in the world you're trying to say, anon.
>>
File: arm.jpg (181 KB, 960x720)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>9545979
Yeah it is hard to explain without images. This can easily be implemented for Bionicle if they change their design up a bit
>>
File: blue_orange.jpg (1.39 MB, 1897x2187)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
Still building on Kakama girls, but progress is slow. At least I got to start the orange one. Blue got new-ish legs, now I gotta find something for the arms.
>>
File: bonkle_moc2.jpg (463 KB, 1411x1728)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>9545833
here he is from behind. yea wanted to make a giga chad version of a vorox
>>
File: Cow.jpg (831 KB, 2106x1908)
831 KB
831 KB JPG
>>9546153
Farmhand Anon here. Your gals are looking good. Keep it up. I have some things I've been working on myself, I'll be sure to post as soon as I get better pictures. Red's waist and hip build looks really nice. Very consistent textures. Maybe you can implement something similar with the leg armor?
>>
>>9546307
Looks rad. You've executed your vision well. I especially like the hammer and the branches on the back. The blue is an odd touch, any reason why that color was chosen?
>>
>>9545492
I only just noticed he has to heads.
>>
>>9546319
thanks. no particular reason for the blue i just think it fits well to the other colors since blues and yellows are complimentary. also the color combination reminded me of the Overwatch character Orisa in her megasoma skin even if in that skin they use purple and not blue.
>>
File: krana-kal.jpg (641 KB, 1280x1986)
641 KB
641 KB JPG
>>
>>9546384
Can you try switching the color of heads for blue? I wonder how it would look like.
>>
>>9546437
I enjoyed reading the Bionicle comics.
>>
>>9546454
i dont own a mask in dark blue that would fit in there imo stylistically
>>
>>9546490
I meant the transparent glatorian heads. Keep the tan masks, just give them blue eyes.
>>
>>9543362
I get Bonkle was Lego's version of a action figure line, but has anyone actually made any good mocs out of the playsets? Like brickbuilt cities or something like that?
I'd really like to see some of that desu. Or even building it out of natural materials for the full-sized figures. Coolest stuff for me was always the island they lived on and seeing their unique practically alien architectual designs
>>
>>9546522
oooh also don't have them sadly. need to buy some new parts soon desu
>>
>>9546522
bet it would look really nice though
>>
File: your ad here.png (497 KB, 675x762)
497 KB
497 KB PNG
>>9546437
Here, is this what you were after?
>>
File: fuck off.png (523 KB, 675x762)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
>>9546597
>>
>>9545426
They're clips I believe. The shoulders are identical parts to the "mask" for Iron Man there.
>>9545492
>>9546307
Asymmetry really gets me going, I love the random spikes jutting out, especially from the chest.
>>
File: blue_orange_red.jpg (1.84 MB, 2379x2268)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>9546315
Thanks! I'm curious what you'll come up with. Still quite like the cow, I think I want one too. Rahi always come a bit short with me.
I'm glad you like the red one, but not sure that's the one you mean, eventhough I agree she is the sleekest of the bunch. As for the dark orange one one, I'm a bit undecided with the armor. I'll try my best to keep it in line with the texturing! I might have to include System for that, might not. Also I would like to make use of some orange armor parts, I'll see which ones I can implement.
>>
>>9547157
Oh I got sidetracked while replying, the "sleek" was said elsewhere, please excuse that.
>>
>>9545910
oh i see, so you'd want them to add a bicep swivel basically so that shoulder armor could be attached to the upper joint part? i get the idea, but desu i personally never felt like Bionicle not having that was much to its detriment. Though posing the arms with blasters or certain weapons was a bit limiting sometimes with how the arms attached
>>
>>9547157
kakama girls sounds like one of those jap idol groups
>>
File: jap_idol_group.jpg (2.23 MB, 2778x2268)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
>>9547340
Oh I had a way worse idea. Imagine they were a team, the Toa Quaref. Get it? QRF, as in quick response/reaction force. Because they all wear Kakamas. The jap idol group doesn't sound so bad now lol.
>>
>>9547390
kek nice anon and saved
>>
>>9547390
>>9547390
Once you put them all together like this, they are rather aesthetic
>>
File: 1580941790367.jpg (18 KB, 347x490)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>9545492
>>9546315
>>9547390
>/biog/ posting mocs
>>
>Lewd MOC is just a spin on Roodaka
>>
>>9547157
Lmao, I was actually talking about the orange one when I said red. I'm pretty color blind. It's bad. The red gal does looks great though.
>>
File: unoriginal_meme.jpg (136 KB, 675x762)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>9546597
I'm sorry
>>
File: nokama no.jpg (195 KB, 605x1049)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>9546437
>>
File: 1641166629866.png (53 KB, 250x263)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
you got any bionicle memes anon that i missed im the older threads?
>>
File: Krana speaks the truth.png (532 KB, 675x762)
532 KB
532 KB PNG
>>
File: 1641411654409.gif (86 KB, 540x540)
86 KB
86 KB GIF
>>
File: ROODAKA IS FAT.png (569 KB, 675x762)
569 KB
569 KB PNG
>>9546597
>>
>>9548746
>>
File: bonkle onaholes.png (110 KB, 415x352)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>9548658
This raises an important question: Which of the organic creatures represented by rubbery collectibles would feel best on one's dick?
>>
>>9549542
Krana are the only real option. Kraata and Squids are way too dangerous. Without a Bohrok a Krana is only a threat is you wear it on yout face.
>>
>>9549542
Kraata are for breeding.
>>
File: tahu.jpg (56 KB, 1280x800)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>9546524
I wish lego worlds didn't get so horribly killed by over protective devs, and allowed people to host their own servers, cause then we could have actually seen a true to lego scale mata nui rendered in lego.
>>
File: sphynx.jpg (243 KB, 1280x800)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>9550029
>>
File: gali.jpg (63 KB, 1280x800)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>9550032
Honestly, this game had such huge potential, but they absolutely refused to allow private server hosting, and only supported 2 player. It was weird.
>>
File: lewa_by_fonypan_daqxju0.jpg (134 KB, 1280x800)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>9550034
>>
File: pohatu.jpg (147 KB, 1280x800)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>9550040
>>
>>9550034
Understandable considering what Roblox or Minecraft servers had become...
>>
>>9547543
Thanks.
>>9546524
Not really, but I'd like to build a bit of scenery for Matoran. Maybe a forge or something. It just takes an insane amount of parts.
>>9550029
I was really disappointed by that. Lego Worlds could have grown into a nice open world sandbox, but it was wonky and shitty when I tried it.
>>
>>9547390
What is that modified black Kakama from?
>>
>>9550580
Shapeways
>>
>>9550029
Sounds based, video games always end up sucking.
>>
>>9550052
Very popular and in some cases, profitable? Or are you kvetching about children safety or something like that?
>>
>>9550633
Why should lego sponsor video crap when it always results in discords full of the absolute worst? ie groomers, furries, etc
>>
>>9550635
what the fuck does the game have to do with an entirely separate and unrelated app? take your meds
>>
>>9550635
Yoooo this nigga got groomed on discord lmao
>>
So I parted out Voporak and both Manas from bricklink. Both were pretty big grails for me growing up. Voporak has cool legs but everything else is kinda puny and there's not much of a need for him unlike Dume and Kardas.

Also fuck the Manas, absolutely not worth their asking price. Took me ages to find non-corroded electronics and the ones I did find the right hand side doesn't work. Is there a way to fix that without bying ANOTHER console?
>>
File: 31234.jpg (507 KB, 1714x936)
507 KB
507 KB JPG
>>9550029
>>9550300
That's a shame. I might try making a minifig scale Bionicle thing at some point, but I'm hoping someone more talented than me would give it a try. There's a huge potential for that stuff to look great
>>
>>9549542
If you de-beak a squid, it will uselessly try to bite down on your dick using its gums, giving a constantly tight feel.
>>
File: 1507660726844.png (96 KB, 317x434)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
https://twitter.com/Drelerd/status/1481286419603759104
>>
NOBODY’S GONNA STAND IN MY WAY
GIVE UP SON, WE’RE DOING THIS MY WAY
>>
Saw porn of Gorast riding Krika, anyways how's life biog?
>>
>>9554899
So you gonna post it?
>>
>>9554979
just search for Gorast on r34
>>
>>9554899
I don't even want to see that, knowing how she fucking executed him for the stupidest fucking reason. Krika didn't deserve his death.
>>
>>9555158
Why everyone loves Krika so much?
>>
>>9546597
>>
>>9555169
he looks cool
>>
>>9555169
He wasn't really like most other makuta. Most were bloodthirsty, vicious warriors, but he was smarter, calmer, and almost melancholy about just how far they had fallen from their initial purpose. He's not batshit insane, either. Hell, dude even tried warning gali about what would happen if they awoke mata nui, right after she had just started shooting him. He was a good bro, the only makuta left with any kind of mercy or honor.
>>
>>9555205
What would've been the alternative to just keeping him asleep?
>>
>>9555205
also he joined Teridax as one of the last Makuta to do so and because of wanting to survive (also faked Miserix's death)
>>
>>9555169
The set itself is actually cool and up there with the best canister sets easily, you can't say that about the other two.
While the lore autismos are right that he's bit more fleshed out and less one dimensional than others, that's hardly the main reason.
>>
File: ugly ass bullshit.png (2.65 MB, 942x1901)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>9551506
Took a couple of days and looks like shit, but I gave it a shot
Really hoping other people with more money and talent does something like this. Best I have seen have been some smaller Ideas sets
[spoiler]Yes, I know the Inika and Pirake didn't live on Metru Nui, but fuck you, I'm not using those shitty Hordika statues[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1567725216859.gif (1.33 MB, 350x317)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB GIF
>>9555844
>fucked up spoiler
>>
>>9555844
>>9555845
>cross boarding new fag
go back to redit
>>
File: 1641699444725.jpg (109 KB, 823x1238)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>9555848
Don't care, didn't ask
>>
>>9555278
makuta not taking over his body. Teridax sent his top lieutenants to mata nui because he knew they'd all fail and would die there, eliminating his rivals and making sure mata nui awoke. After that, he'd take over mata nui's body. If they hadn't woken him up, teridax never would've succeeded.
>>9555346
He was also one of the few makuta to not hate toa. If anything, he was envious of them, since they were everything he couldn't be. He wanted so hard to be a good person, a hero doing things without reward, but they couldn't do that in their world. At least in Dark Mirror, he was able to live up to that somewhat. Hard to believe the dude was responsible for killing lewa.
>>9555394
Yeah, gorast and bitil's sets kinda sucked. Bitil was basically just a matoran with wings.
>>
>>9555844
Looks fine. I'm trying for something similair but system is just fucking waste of money and space.
>>
>>9542755
Why did Hero Factory fail as a worthy successor to Bionicle?
https://youtu.be/q4npBF5aG-A?t=671
>>
>>9556239
why are bionicle retards this desperately clingy to a dead brand they failed to keep alive with g2?
>>
>>9556243
Chill, I'm actually glad Bionicle ended when it did instead of going on forever. It's just a joke about the weird genocidal moment in Hero Factory.
>>
>>9556259
its fucking weird idiots twitch streamers go omg why did bionicle die out im too fucking retarded to put in any effort on why g2 flopped?? there was a g2 even???oh right im a stupid fucking twitch streamer with my head stuck in video game land and my mouth pog champing in awe of all these moneysy from dumb paypigs
>>
>>9556259
fucking this,
bionicle ended perfectly in time before society became pozzed
>>
>>9556265
...you okay?
>>
>>9556243
>>9556259
But since you brought it up... Hero Factory's story was embarrassing garbage. A few decent sets but nothing that came close to Bionicle's heights. So as a follow-up to Bionicle, it was quite disappointing.
>>
>>9556278
hero factory had an animated segment for each wave so it succeeded in a lot of things bionicle didnt
>>
File: Bionicle Gen 2.png (2.84 MB, 2420x1969)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
>>9556243
>>9556278
And Bionicle Gen 2 failed because they failed to appeal to current kids, and instead spent it attempting and failing to appeal to OG fans. Not many modern kids would want to play with the lame and stupid-looking skeletons and beasts.
Compare them to the Piraka or Bohrok- the designs are so much worse.
>>
>>9556282
It failed at being good.
>>
>>9556271
Stop replying to baitanon.
>>
File: LEGO_Bionicle-3.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>9556243
>9556265
just report this guy, he has the same weak bait in every thread
>>9556239
It's funny how this show's visual style would have been great for bionicle, but got wasted on HF instead. and then you have the g2 neflix show, which doesn't fit bionicle at all
>>
>>9556198
Yea, if I had more space I'd definitely prefer to build something for the actual figures instead, but it's expensive as fuck and makes your whole house look like a playground. It's not ideal at all, but I'm too fucking addicted to stop
>>
>just retort and so as I say Im in charge here
fuck head
>>
he must be some kind of tulpa, since his power seems to drain when people stop replying to him. he's already losing his ability to form coherent sentences
>>
>>9556358
the more incoherent the arguments become the less staff know how to formulate what is being argued for seeing how everything greg is doing ono instagram doesn't matter anyways, let alone the contests on autism forums
>>
>>9556330
The show's visual style is basically the same as Legend Reborn (same studio, same design mentality), which looked pretty soulless and crappy.
>>
>>9554240
Wtf wasnt that some edgy weebtube series
>>
File: unknown.png (475 KB, 640x359)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
>>9556441
I don't think it really looks that bad honestly. If anything it was a little too accurate to the sets which makes it harder to forget you're essentially watching a toy commercial. Something that's a cross between this and the Miramax films could have been nice.
>>
File: TLR_Agori_Metus.png (636 KB, 780x439)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
>>9556479
It actually looks great in stills (very nice texturing), the problem is watching it in motion. Everything is weightless, the boulders move and sound like pebbles. The backgrounds are flat, empty, and lifeless. The awful sound design and fight choreography don't help either.
Compared to the very detailed environments and distinctly individualized character animation of the Miramax films.

I agree that a cross between the two could be ideal, best qualities of both.
>>
File: Antroz test animation.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>9556330
>>9556441
>>9556479
>>9556485
Although, before Legend Reborn, the same studio did a test animation with Antrox, and it looked terrific:
https://youtu.be/bB9rPdVKKSs?t=18
A movie with this lighting and movement would be perfect IMO.
>>
>>9556493
>that music
my god, it's peak 2000s. also reminds me of that concept render of the uniters. if any of the marketing material for g2 had even a fraction of the attention that was put into this, it probably would have had a better chance
https://youtu.be/djDaYV1Q7fE
>>
>>9556493
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E7JKqVq6NU
What studio did these commercials? I wish they could have used this style for some of the movies
>>
>>9556493
>New, from Bionicle....
>I CANT HOLD OOOOOOOOOOOONN
>>
>>9556534
Ghost VFX.
>>
>>9556278
I still want to use those HF weapons for something.
>>
File: 1567770632521.gif (15 KB, 250x250)
15 KB
15 KB GIF
>>9545314
We should've gotten more matoran cunny sets
>>
>>9556239
i always thought that scene was pretty weird with kinda fucked up moral implications for a kids show. also when breez made peace with the beast queen at the end of invasion from below, but then they end up killing the beasts afterwards lol
>>
>>9556493
the movement looks like some kind of weird interpretative dance, not sure what they were going for here but i dont think it works
>>
>>9556467
yeah and it was bad. now scotttjt's series was some kino
>>
File: ben cossy.jpg (17 KB, 320x320)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
is there a lower effort channel than this?
>>
>HF finally being talked about
I’ve read all of the HF books—autistically taking notes every chapter like I was doing a school project and writing down anything I thought was notable. I’ve wanted to talk about it for ages.
>>
>>9556239
No elbows or knees
>>
>>9556342
Sadly Bionicle have scale too big even for non-lego diorama. None of the shops in my area have something for Bionicle to fit in.
>>
>>9558888
That looks awesome
>>
>>9558652
share your knowledge, I know next to nothing about HF lore apart from the TV show
>>
>>9558644
Maybe. I don't think it's a bad channel though. He actually talks about the MOCs and what makes them good instead of just showing the pictures of them. Plus he occasionally shows his own designs which is nice.
>>
>>9559135
The books don’t really elaborate on stuff that happened in the TV show. Remember that event Stormer mentions in Ordeal of Fire? That’s all the information we have on it, even the guidebooks don’t have more info. Instead, the books set up new stuff.

The first two books are mostly flashbacks set in the aftermath of Breakout. Doombox deals with Core Hunter, his past crimes, and has some small world-building (mercenaries, the galaxy being inhabited by mostly robots, and ETC). The second book covers an attempt by the villains to completely destroy HF when it was just starting out. It’s said that villains basically went unopposed until HF was invented. Things start to pick up in the third book because that’s where ideas like the colonies, roaming pirates using pre-HF warships to cause havoc, and the concept of division between normal robots are introduced.

This all leads to what in my opinion is the best book in the series: Robot Rampage. The setting is a planet on recovery after some “cataclysm” wiped out all organic life. There you learn more about the brains, a conspiracy involving the colonies, and the fact they’re trying to develop weapons of mass destruction. The final chapter book has little to do with the story other than killing off a side character.
>>
>>9559336
Wasn't there a plot hook at the end of 2012 about some villain factory? Things were actually getting pretty interesting that year. Then they completely dropped the ball for the next two years.
>>
>>9556283
I agree anon, when I was buying G2 when it first released I couldn't wait to see what the bad guys were like. The whole skull thing seemed a bit cringe and generic to me. How hard would it have been to have 6 bad guys in different colours like the old days :((
>>
>>9556441
I watched the legend reborn for the first time the other day, holy fuck it's so charmless. The original trilogy holds up so much better
>>
File: another_bonke_moc.jpg (985 KB, 3402x3969)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
tried to build a titan after some other failed attempts ( they could barely stand).
went for a dark blue horse god with light blue hair.
i also wanted to give him tusks but i couldn't find a way to attach them subtly without it looking like a whole 200€ lego technic set under his head.
>>
>>9559888
looks like egypt
good job b
>>
>>9559890
thanks b
>>
>>9559888
Lookin' like he's ready to tell us another tale
>>
>>9559817
In the show, yes. But the books didn’t do anything with it. The final book is just an adventure in an alternate universe with some foreshadowing about this colonial government conspiracy stuff at the very end.
>>
File: another_bonkle_moc_back.jpg (1.07 MB, 3118x3685)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>9559943
he has seen and done much on his travels and adventures.
>>
>>9559888
Awesome build anon, but the black feet bother me for some reason, considering there is not much black other than his hands
>>
Anyone know if there are any light blue pieces around the size of a ccbs torso shell?
>>
>>9545100
He's absolutely right. I'm so goddamn set in my ways even the 04 sets are too "new" for me. There's no fucking way I was ever going to buy G2. Unless someone wants to put out a Sand Tarakava or even more mctoran recolours, I don't see me buying shit.
>>
File: keetoranged.jpg (530 KB, 990x1260)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
>>
>>9559888
looks like he’s about to convert you into a Chaos Spawn
>>
>>9560067
thanks, ye didn't have dark blue feet which allowed for toes with red nails so i went with black. maybe if i mix bionicle with lego i could make dark blue feet. not going to deconstruct this one in a while, actually thought about giving him a brother or sister titan
>>
>>9560275
Good.
More for me >>>:)
>>
File: Kulta.png (134 KB, 275x276)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>9556283
>hating based Skull Fuckers
Get some taste
>>
>>9556283
The beasts looked better than that though, and that's where the line died.
>>
>>9556239
I never liked how they just acted like modern people. Completely killed any sort of atmosphere and just made it feel like a generic superhero scenario... which i guess is what they were going for.
>>
File: failure.jpg (91 KB, 900x900)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>9558644
>I'm lazy to find decent quality pieces despite storing shitton of them.
>This model is 100% accurate to the source material except for like 10 pieces which either have different color or are 3D printed
>3D printed pieces look like shit, despite clearly being able to afford better ones.
>complain when the dark hunter falls down although my laziness is the main reason why it does
>Everything is shit unless built by my master W*mbat. When I review Womb*t's shit, I suddenly stop caring whether the model shares the basic Bionicle aesthetics or not, whether it crumbles in my hands like decade-old shit or not - W*mbat made it so it has to be great!
>Purpousefully trying to sabotage Bomonga's review by ripping his arm from the socket.
>I'm not a big fan of Bomonga holding the spear in his hand, but when Womb*t did the same thing with Arthakha, I called it a great idea.
>Bitch and whine when people don't watch my reviews.

Worse thing than zero effort is minimal effort disguised as the best effort.
>>
>>9560832
Hero Factory
>Gorrilla bot
>Mosquito bot
>Radioactive tentacle cyclops bot
Bonkle Gen 2
>Skull Spider
>Skull man
>BIGGER Skull man
>>
File: 345464.png (88 KB, 500x472)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
Is it okay to fall in love with a midge?
>>
File: Lolita Macku.png (3.77 MB, 1125x1625)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
>>9561477
Nothing's wrong with it.
>>
File: PXL_20211121_024646011.jpg (3.05 MB, 3024x4032)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB JPG
>>9561424
To be fair, I'm highly biased and I love my skeletons. Spooky shit is my bread and butter, so Bionicle skeletons is like the next best thing from the lost Bionicle dinosaurs we could have had.
Also you're not wrong about HF. Savage Planet was one of the best examples of CCBS construction we ever saw (and probably the only good time of it, too)
Waspix a best
>>
>>9561540
Nice to see a shelf that's not completely buttfucked by a bunch of toys that have no rhyme or reason to it.
You actually got a nice aesthetic going on here.
>>
>>9561560
Yeah never quite got the desire to just shove everything into every nook and cranny. I like some cohesion and reason to the placement, though I'll likely make some tweaks with time. Might move Vezon and the Nui-Jaga. Lesovikk will probably join the Jetrax on top (the sign was put away for the season), and Karzahni will absolutely need a space after all of his parts are in.
>>
>>9561540
>Savage Planet was one of the best examples of CCBS construction
I find it strange that people shit on Scorpio while praising Witch Doctor. Scorpio really showed off the flexibility of CCBS to make unique shapes. Witch Doctor was a big gappy mess that highlighted how incompatible CCBS and technic can be.
>>
>>9561585
No idea how people shat on Scorpio. Hell, all of the creatures in that line were fantastic builds. I didn't get them until last year, but I adore each of them for trying something a little different. Fangz might be the one I like least but even that one has some neat parts and ideas going into it.
Witch Doctor is cool and imposing, but absolutely gappy. I do wish we saw more builds on his level of complexity at least, to see if they could refine what they were aiming for with him.
>>
>>9559888
"My father, well he was a wheel, and you know what he transformed into?... NOTHING, but he did so with honor"!
>>
>>9561606
Maybe shit on is a bit strong but I have seen some negative opinions on it. Witch Doctor was a 10/10 for parts and the joint design was an interesting concept but he feels unfinished. Hell his hips were built with asymmetrical axles.
>>
>>9560540
lol, you creating a pantheon now?
>>
>>9561117
I just can't stand how this zoomer says "literally" for everything. First it wasn't that noticeable, but now I can't stand it
>>
File: 1641580038970.png (86 KB, 241x314)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>Tfw you're so autistic that you can tell from just a picture alone that a piece is different that what should actually be there
>>
>>9561650
Because school systems are shit and the internet is not a good place for the developing mind to learn real vocabulary.
>>
File: Weighted Waspix1.jpg (1.51 MB, 4032x3024)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>9561540
Agreed
>>
File: xtra.png (700 KB, 923x669)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
>>9561741
>>
>>9561424
>fantasy terminator army led by fantasy terminator Satan

What’s not to like?
>>
>>9561654
You reminded me: Yuki Tsunoda from F1 constantly swears on his radio during the race, mostly because he learned English from mechanics and the internet.
>>
>>9561607
I don't care about Transormers but Jetfire is the only memorable character from those movies. He's there like for two minutes or something but every second with him on screen AMD every line je says is pure gold. I'd wish bionicle had characters like that instead of autistic loners like Mazeka or Tobduk.
>>
>>9561645
yeah maybe
>>9561607
kek
>>
>>9561540
where'd you get that display cabinet? shit's nice
>>
>>9556283
>And Bionicle Gen 2 failed because
Lego strangled it in the cradle. Any other answer is disingenuous.
>>
File: images.png (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>9561477
>>9561515
Uuoooooh Matoran erotic!!!
>>
Why is umbra so despised? his rollerblades are fun
>>
>>9562613
People consider it an overpriced moc. But Mazeka od the same and nobody Has problem with that.
>>
>>9556441
>>9556479
>>9556485
>Tfw the legend reborn and the HF series look miles better than this studio's most (in)famous movie despite not even having half the budget
I mean it's hardly something to be proud of, but it still something
>>
>>9562744
>Mazeka
>Matoran on a big ass walking turret that can turn and look up and down loaded with an obsecene amount of ammo
>Umbra
>Just some dude with a glowstick bostaff and rollerblades
I wonder why
>>
>>9561424
I'm still annoyed with how good the villain sets in the first generation looked on the boxes compared to how they actually looked. Even more annoyed that up until the invasion from below, only the villain sets were of any note. Still glad I have von nebula. I do wish I at least had rotor though, his design always reminded me of phantoka pohato but better.
>>
>>9562882
Honestly, I just wish they kept the more stylised designs of the first 3 movies, as the full lego look doesn’t do justice to the actual idea behind the Glatoran and Agori Biological beings that modified themselves to survive living in a brutal wasteland contrasted with the primarily mechanical yet spiritual Toa and Matoran sounds fucking awesome, but the transition to full lego means that that nuance is thrown out the window, and reduces the residents of Barra Magna to “Definitely Not Toa And Matoran”
Other than that, the visuals look gorgeous in comparison
>>
>>9542755
Bit of an odd queston, but has anyone ever washed G1 canisters? I got some as part of a lot and they're kinda filthy. How well the stickers hold up getting wet? Metru and Nuva ones, if it matters
>>
>>9562330
Ikea actually. Don't think it was more than $200
>>9562471
Pretty much. Remember, Lego rebooted Ninjago at the last minute and displaced the budget for Bionicle to that.
>>9562912
Rotor's a real interesting guy. Solid build and part selection, the only downside I can claim on him is the shitty ball joint connectors of that time.
>>
>>9562882
Holy shit. I just discovered that the production company responsible for TLR is the same as fucking FOOD FIGHT of all things. I can't believe they got the cast they did with such a foul reputation.
>>
>>9562912
Same about Rotor, only wish his helmet piece had holes for the eyes.
Von Nebula while looks cool he has some weird build process, the piston being backwards, axles too long to be out of the legs, no forearms, etc.

But for me both of them are honorary Bionicles.
>>
Anyone can explain to me why so many fans get so autistic about the lore and what's canon and what isn't?
Sorry if I'm wrong on this one, but wasn't the whole point of the franchise being multimedia so each version would be slightly different depending on the products you bought, giving the series a more mythological feeling. Like the Nordic mythology, was told instead of written, so it was different from place to place. Always thought that was the whole point.
>>
>>9563516
You said it yourself, they are autistic.
>>
>>9563516
They want Bionicle to be on the same level as Star Wars where every stupid, insignificant thing has a mile long wiki article.
>>
>>9563516
Shit was fine until ttv came along.
>>
>>9563516
hipsters
>>
File: Rotor_(Close_Up)_HD.png (1.51 MB, 1366x768)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>9563368
Wdym by the pistons being backwards? Do you mean being on the outside of the legs? And yeah, no forearms is definitely weird. But it's not too hard of a fix, you can easily give him some forearms if you have some extra black pieces lying around.
>>9563106
Based on how he looked in the show, I am very glad he didn't have that. Don't know what they were thinking.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.