[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous Thread >>9458094

>New/Latest Pre-orders
The Vintage Collection:
-Death Watch Mandalorian
-Ahsoka (The Mandalorian)
-Mandalorian and Grogu Maldo Kreis build-up pack (Pre-order date TBD• Walmart Exclusive)
-Young Anakin Skywalker
-Mace Windu
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ahsoka Tano
-Rebel Fleet trooper pack (Pulse • ShopDisney)
-Nevarro Cantina playset
-The Emperor's Throne Room Pulse Con exclusive (Hasbro Pulse)

The Black Series:
-Cobb Vanth Deluxe
-Miggs Mayfeld Trooper Disguise (Pre-order date TBD)
-Boba Fett Nomad (Pre-order date TBD)
-Mandalorian and Grogu Maldo Kreis build-up pack (Pre-order date TBD)
-First Order Pack (Galaxy’s Edge • ShopDisney)
-Droid Depot Pack (Galaxy’s Edge • ShopDisney)
-Creature Pack (Galaxy’s Edge • ShopDisney)
-Trapper Wolf Pulse Con Exclusive (Hasbro Pulse)
-Cantina Showdown Pulse Con Exclusive (Hasbro Pulse)

HasLab Black Series Rancor (9000 backers needed by 12/6/21)
>https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/star-wars-the-black-series-rancor

Bring Home the Bounty - New reveals every Tuesday until 12/28

>Upcoming/Pipeline Reveals

The Black Series
-Death Watch Mandalorian Trooper
-Ahsoka Tano (The Mandalorian)
-The Client
-Bib Fortuna
-Jedha Patrol Stormtrooper
-Bad Batch Omega
-Bad Batch Echo
-New Republic Security Droid
-Figrin Dan
-Leia Organa (Ewok Village outfit)
-The Emperor (Archive Series)
-Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Disguise (Archive Series)
-C-3PO (Archive Series)
-Dengar (Archive Series)
-Fennec Shand

The Vintage Collection:
-ARC Trooper Jesse
-332 Ahsoka Clone Trooper
-Mandalorian Super Commando Captain
-The Mandalorian (Trooper Disguise)
-Yoda (repack)
-501st Clone Trooper (repack)
-Figrin D’an

Update: TVC Razor Crest delayed until Early 2022

Imports:
-SHF Moff Gideon
-SHF Luke Skywalker (The Mandalorian)
******************************************************************************************************
>>
>More Mando trash
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: Tumbling down.png (30 KB, 1002x222)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>
>>9465409
Hahahahahahahahahaha. Dead on Arrival
>>
>>9465395
There's more non-Mando than Mando, you whiner.
>>
File: pondo baba.png (1.46 MB, 826x1280)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
This is better in-scale and has more accessories than the 6" one
>>
>>9465430
Don’t care. There are better things that could get toys other than The ‘Membalorion
>>
>>9465395
>>9465447
Could you explain why you're upset?
>>
>>9465447
Literally no SW media outside of the OT movies and KOTOR isn't wall to fucking wall "remember this" you fucking retard. This entire franchise is built on nostalgia. This fucking character isn't even from the show for god's sake. Find another thread to shit up with your reddit memes.
>>
The sculpt on the dress makes it look like Leia has pancake titties
>>
I bet Patrick is desperately calling friends and family to try and get buys on the rancor.
>>
>>9465447
Please tell me you are bitching about them making toys of the only relevant SW media currently being produced because it is memberberries because you want them to make OT and/or PT figures and you do not see the irony in that
>>
>>9465468
While it some ways you might have a point, any reason you are shitting up this thread? We get it, you don't like any Star Wars media besides the OT. You are entitled to your opinion, but shit posting every 5 seconds about it really doesn't bring anything new to the thread. I am not the guy you were reply too, BTW. Find something you enjoy and talk enthusiastic about it
>>
>>9465468
Tell me you never read the expanded universe without telling me you never read the expanded universe.
>>
>>9465492
you certainly didn't, most of the Del Rey books were "member this background cantina alien? Well he was actually a big deal!"
>>
>>9465468
>KoTOR
>Good
Your opinion is beyond worthless. I’m not a violent person, but people like you make me want to kill.
>>9465483
Who said anything about the PT or OT? There are literally hundreds of books, comics, and games, to pull from. Hell, I would even take Black Series SW: Resistance figures than more Mando trash.
>>
File: iu[1].gif (1.43 MB, 390x220)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
>>9465499
>I would even take Black Series SW: Resistance figures than more Mando trash.
>>
>>9465499
your opinions are shit and you are never getting what you want
>>
>>9465487
How the fuck am I shitting up the thread by calling a spade a spade? I want more EU and vidya characters from all eras as much as anyone here, but I'm not gonna just scream buzzwords pike a faggot.

>>9465492
I read almost all the comics as a kid, they're fun but the vast majority is just "we expanded on this character you remember them right??"

>>9465499
Okay you're just a reactionary faggot with no good opinions. Please tell me you're going to kill me so you can get banned then, retard.
>>
>>9465499
>KoToR bad
>Resistance good
Jesus christ.
>>
File: 1637442222516.jpg (48 KB, 600x825)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>9465499
>I’m not a violent person, but people like you make me want to kill.
>>
>>9465388
Is Admiral Rampart going to be hard to find for MSRP? I heard that wave was especially poorly handled.
>>
File: clearance[1].jpg (1.42 MB, 2560x1280)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>9465578
Probably is now
>>
>>9465590
Reminds of the time I picked up the loyalist and asohkas clone trooper for $15 each.
>>
>>9465477
No boobies are allowed in current year.
>>
>>9465538
I never said Resistance was good. I just said it’s something new should get toys. The 5POA “toys” weren’t a fair shot and were the result of Hasbro wanting to kill 3.75 inch. Some of FO designs look cool.
>>9465524
>>9465533
Rich coming from a KoTORfags. Every time gushes about the first game, I sit and wonder what has become of people that this trash is considered good. I’ve seen better stories in the chapter books I used to read in elementary schools, the gameplay is trash, the music is generic, and the “roleplaying”—don’t even get me started on the retarded dialogue system. I could go on for hours about how stupid it is.
>>
>>9465499
So much shit taste and retardation in one post. Angling for a job at nuLucasfilm anon?
>>
>>9465623
Playing devils advocate here but I do wish that resistance and other 5poa figures get at least a proper articulation figure. I'm just really tired of mando and ot nostalgia getting figures that nobody asked for. We really dont need like 50 versions of han, Luke and leia for gods sake
>>
>>9465590
What store is this marked down at? I don't recognize the stickers

>>9465601
Wow, you are really luck Anon. I will never able to find that way, or buy it at an affordable price
>>
>>9465623
Resistance toys failed because the show was somehow worse than the sequel movies. Your opinions are shit, go away thanks.
>>
>>9465499
Hoooooo, we got a salty one!
>>
>>9465621
They look like deflated balloons with the dress contours. Not very flattering.
>>
>>9465668
>What store is this marked down at?
It's Wal-Mart, Anon. The store that they are exclusive to.
>>
File: 1511725411760.jpg (136 KB, 1280x797)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Oh yeah, and although unlikely I hope we get this Dark Trooper from Rebels as a figure sometime too. The Mandalorian Dark Trooper is probably coming next though.
>>9465590
Shoot, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.
I have an Incernerator Trooper, Probe Droid and the Artillery Stormtrooper coming in the mail soon so I'm doing pretty good either way.
>>
>>9465712
Still hoping the Mando Dark Trooper is a deluxe fig just so it ends up towering over other 6" stuff. Needs to at least be the same height and girth as Heavy Infantry. Plus it'd allow shops to actually get a decent amount in and not have to worry about case pack ins alongside it shelfwarming.
>>
>>9465711
I thought so, but the stickers didn't look like discount ones to me.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (233 KB, 374x510)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>9465712
I wish they'd do more from Rebels in general. Along with that sentry droid, I'd like to get these:
>Grand Inquisitor
>Seventh Sister
>Fifth Brother
>Old Rex
>Agent Kallus
>Short haired Ezra (with a swappable head for the custom painted Scout helmet)
>Blind Kanan
>Rukh
>Vizago
>Imperial Combat Driver
>Imperial Super Commando
>>
>>9465653
KYS, faggot. KoTOR is trash. The Membalorian is trash. Say what you will about Resistance, but at least it isn’t more “REMEMBER THIS! I’M SURE YOU REMEMBER THIS FROM THE MOVIES”! and tried something new.
>B-But KoTORII
If it needs mods to be stand, it isn’t good.
>>9465691
No it didn’t. A show can be bad but still have good toys/merch. Hasbro made the toys 5POA instead of normal 3.75 inch because they want a reason to kill it off completely.
>>9465706
>KoToR is bad
>Explain my reasoning
>DUDE YOU’RE SALTY
The intelligence of KoTORbabies, everyone. And no, I don’t hate the Old Republic era. Before playing the games, I would think of the Darth Bane Trilogy and the comics when someone said “Old Republic”. Now all I think about is how much I hate both KoTOR games, Revan, and everything that they touch.
>>
>>9465741
What's even more puzzling is that Rebels was the kid aimed show, yet the reissues of the crew with photo real was put on fan channel, and not available in stores where kids could get them.
>>
File: 1553146501785.jpg (29 KB, 640x480)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>9465745
seething lol

>>9465741
Makes me wonder how poorly the Rebels BS figs did. I only really ever saw Ezra on shelves.
>>
>>9465745
>Hasbro made the toys 5POA instead of normal 3.75 inch because they want a reason to kill it off completely.
I was thinking maybe your deal is that a child (this is a toy board so nothing wrong with that) but now I realize you are just a retard.
>>
>>9465789
>I was thinking maybe your deal is that a child
I was thinking maybe your deal is that you are a child*
>>
I would ask /tv/, but I don't think I'd get a serious answer on this question: Do you all know of a good visual book for Stormtroopers and Imperial units? Its tough to find a good resource online (wookipedia is a joke imo). I have some older books, but none focused specifically on Stormtroopers. There's a "Stormtroopers - Beyond The Armour" book, but it looks like mostly written stuff instead of good pictures. While I'm at it: Any other good Star Wars visual books you all use?
>>
is it true that sequel merch doesn't sell? I've been browsing multiple import sites, seeing if that new Luke went up for preorder. I'm surprised to see Rise of Skywalker and Last jedi figuarts still in stock. is this cause the japanese aren't interested or is this true in the US too?
>>
>>9465882
Hot Toys can't even sell their Sequel shit
>>
>>9465882
There's a reason Hasbro hasn't thrown any sequel shit into the mainline for a while aside from that Dark Side Rey. And the Galaxy's Edge stuff is something they're probably forced to do by Disney.
>>
>>9465882
Just about the only thing that ever sold was Troopers, and it's annoyingly difficult to try to find even more recent stuff like Sith Troopers. Meanwhile Rogue One heroes are still shelfwarming at retail 5 years later with other stuff. Nobody gives the slightest shit and I still don't understand why they're rereleasing sequel characters with face printing tech. People didn't refuse to buy them because the faces were bad, people just don't care.
>>
>>9465477
mournful.
>>
>>9465499
You seem to have a serious boggle friend-friend.
Also
>> I’m not a violent person, but people like you make me want to kill.

Hello mental illness.
>>
>>9465865
That might be hard. I would say the visual guides might help, but it will skew towards newer designs. I have the Rogue One visual guide and it's pretty nice. 501st might have some info on their website too
>>
>>9465952
It’s KoTOR. It makes me the kind of angry that gives you a burst of energy for a bit, but makes you hit the ground hard when it passes.
>>9465788
>No argument
>>9465789
Why else would they regress? Ever since the latter half of TCW, they’ve been removing articulation. You’re probably six inch basedboy, so you don’t know what you’re talking about. I bet you jizzed buckets at Hasbro’s price gouging.
>>
>>9466043
>Why else would they regress? Ever since the latter half of TCW, they’ve been removing articulation. You’re probably six inch basedboy, so you don’t know what you’re talking about. I bet you jizzed buckets at Hasbro’s price gouging.
Couldn't be more wrong, I wish the BS never existed and I blame it for being a major factor in the decline of the 3.75 line. The reason they are regressing is partially because Hasbro are cheap jews, partially because Disney jews messing everything up and demanding a bigger cut than Lucas did and partially because the plastics they use are oil based when oil prices started to rise a little over ten years ago Hasbro started trying to find more ways to use less plastic in their figures and less joints are an easy way to do that. Now I know you will point out that oil got pretty low during Trump years but I think Hasbro liked cutting corners so they stuck with it.
>>
>>9466043
Once again, seething. Nobody's going to argue with you cause you're providing no arguments and are slapping the ground like a monkey.
>>
>>9465477
That's because they tried their best to give her no cleavage.
>>
Is the beskar Mando figuarts still rape prices? Reissue when? I got the black series to tide me over for now I'm thinking about getting the base armor mando now too. Any good model kits for him? I built a couple already for boba
>>
>>9465736
It's CVP(customer value program) stickers. basically markdowns you stick on items that are slightly damaged or missing nonessential pieces. The only reason I can see the manager doing this is because they didn't have a home and just marked them down and stuck em in clearance to get rid of them.
>>
File: smug.jpg (24 KB, 289x437)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>9465443
I see you, anon.
>>
>>9466140
>Still no argument
You lost.
>>
>>9466295
KOTOR is written well, gameplay doesn't matter in an RPG of that age. It added more to the canon of the universe than anything made since E1 has. Now continue shitting your pants and threatening to murder people, you little baby faggot.
>>
>>9466267
They won't do a reissue for a while since they haven't released the season 2 version yet that went up for pre-order a couple of months ago. There is a model kit for him that's pretty good but definitely requires painting and finishing work to look its best. Unless you're talking about the Chapter 1 version, there isn't a kit for him yet.
>>
>>9466286
This is the strangest thing because quite frankly, I never notice the logo until it's pointed out. Is he subliminally advertising for RetroBlasting now? If so, he's doing a good job I guess. I wonder if Michael is paying him.
>>
>>9465443
Hope you die faggot. Fuck you and your fucking spam.
>>
File: Club Jade.jpg (182 KB, 1235x1699)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
Is there a BLACKED Luke where he doesn't look like his face is melting or the wampa decked him extra hard? Christ, how hard is it to do a sculpt that doesn't look like shit?
>>
>>9466316
>BLACKED
Why do you keep trying to insert your fetish into this?
>>
File: dat trooper face.png (1.12 MB, 1173x573)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
Kamino strong
>>
File: goodbye frens.png (127 KB, 679x391)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>9466328
I just called it such since others do. Meant no harm.
Fine, TBS.
>>
>>9466389
fuck I gotta get him now
>>
File: remove kabab.png (441 KB, 1050x925)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
>>9466389
>>9466396
scowl isn't deep or intensive enough. no buy.
>>
>>9466395
Literally one person does this
>>
>>9466316
please understand, sculpting is very hard and expensive and we don't really give a shit about providing a quality product

with love,

hasbro star wars team
>>
>>9466389
Where’d you get the beret?
>>
Link to Fennec Shand?
>>
File: file.png (1.09 MB, 1200x1200)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
anywhere that this guy isn't sold out yet? I somehow managed to miss him going up for preorder
>>
>>9466454
He sold out in minutes. That is a big reason why you missed him
>>
>>9466454
Boba Fett has a 48 inch waistline after living like a sandperson for decades.
>>
>>9465443
He looks like a spider. Wtf is this? He comes with accessories? Cool. His weird ass body really needs those to compensate for it's overall shittyness.
>>
>>9466454
>>9466462
Why the fuck does anyone want to buy fat Boba Fett.
God I hate it so much. Boba is supposed to be a badass walking Swiss army knife firing darts and rockets and flames from every crevice of his armor, not fight like some unga bunga caveman whacking people with a stick.
>>
>>9466481
Boba did nothing and ate shit and died and only got to do cool things in the comics and games, anon.
>>
File: boba-fett-where.jpg (42 KB, 800x444)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>9466483
This. It's 38 years too late to be outraged that Boba isn't being treated with respect.
>>
when are we getting a twi'lek dancing girls 4 pack on hasbro pulse and shop disney?
>>
>>9465741
>Blind Kanan

You mean off-brand Rahm Kota?

Speaking of which, I always found it a little odd how The Force Unleashed 2 never really received any figures, yet the first game did. I guess it was maybe due to when it came out, since some Star Wars toy productions were starting to dwindle down, even then.
>>
>>9466483
>>9466499
With that logic, all Qui-Gon did was pick up a slave kid and died to a Sith-in-training.
>>
>>9466421
Not him but go Joe 6 inch line flint figure
>>
>4,753

It just ain't happening
>>
>>9465499
>I’m not a violent person, but people like you make me want to kill.
Calm down there Shadow
>>
>>9466584
Exactly
>>
>>9466624
Hopefully it wont but I have a feeling people are going to fall for FOMO and back during the last day
>>
>>9466584
With that logic, all Qui-Gon did was pick up a Sith-to-be slave kid and died to a Sith-in-training.
>FTFY
>>
>>9466708
I am guessing that unless they drop the backing to 5 or 6 thousand, there is no way it'll make it. I agree it will increase with FOMO, but if it doesn't hit the 9k mark then everyone misses out versus just the 9k that backed it.
>>
>>9466584
>anon just now figures out that there are only three or four characters max in the movies who actually do anything cool
>>
>>9466624
>4,749

Suck it, Trebeck!
>>
>>9466483
Bro, Boba Fett fucking won in empire strikes back. He was fucked in Return. Return of the Jedi sucks cock. Honestly only the first 2 movies are any good.
>>
>>9466481
Sounds more like warmachine or some gay headcanon. Boba Fett is literally just some dude and he's better that way.
>>
>>9466454
This is like the only upcoming figure I'm halfway excited for. And maybe boss if it wasn't so half ass.
>>
>>9467014
>cries in de wanna wanga
>>
>>9465477
1/18 chads just can't stop winning
>>
File: tenor (2).gif (893 KB, 498x498)
893 KB
893 KB GIF
>>9465477
I just noticed she has a trigger finger too.
>>
>>9466039
Thanks anon, I may try compiling my own then. I have some images here and there that wouldn't make it so hard to do.
>>
>>9466945
>>9466949
Yeah I think one of the things people forget is that Boba didn't catch his bounty in ESB by just storming the Falcon and using all of his weapons in some big flashy fight, he did it by being clever and deducing their flight plan. He didn't have to fire a single shot.
>>
>>9465443
POTF2 one had better proportions. Head is too small on the TVC one unfortunately.
>>
>>9467033
The cheek paint makes her look like she has acne.
>>
>>9467054
Wrong
>>
>>9466944
Time for some potent potables.
>>
>>9465443
Based autist dogwhistler
>>
>>9466481
Honestly, the black robes bother me the most. He's on a fucking HOT desert planet. He should have billowing white or beige cottons or linens to mitigate the heat. As is, he's basically a guy wearing a thick bathrobe trapped in a car in the middle of an Arizona parking lot.
>>
File: 1635284010501.jpg (30 KB, 750x766)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>9466584
Took you till 2021 to figure that E1 fucking sucks and nobody does anything of worth in it?
>>
>>9467269
Everything you said is wrong
>>
>>9467273
Zoomers finally convincing themselves that their shitty worthless childhood media is actually flawless just like the rest of us.
>>
>>9467284
I mean, that's Star Wars in general
>>
>>9467137
Yeah, looks like pock-marked scarring.
>>
File: 1577397378143.jpg (237 KB, 968x1280)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
Any good sales for Black Friday on figures? Gamestop has a "sale" on a few select Black Series, but it just brings the figures to their normal price
>>
>>9467050
The fan base, Return, and noncanon filler ruined my boy Boba.
>>
>>9467460
dorkside has a decent sale.
>>
>>9467460
That at-at is cute, what line is it from?
>>
>>9467859
Might be the squishy pod one?
>>
File: DSCN5859.jpg (136 KB, 1600x900)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>
File: IMG_0221.jpg (866 KB, 2448x3264)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
Mustard trooper came in from Amazon. He really is awesome. This is the variety the Black Series needs for troopers
>>
File: grenadier_droid_front.jpg (435 KB, 1257x1533)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
>>9469212
>Grenadier here, General."
>>
File: 1635045752161.jpg (81 KB, 500x481)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>order 6" 3d printed Gonk off of Etsy
>supposed to be delivered on the 15th
>worst storm to ever hit my province happens and it can't get delivered
>ok sure
>still sitting at my local post office down the road over a week later
>huge ass box of a bunch of troopers, tech and bane
>trapped on the other side of the country for several days not shipping out because the province is mostly cutoff from the rest of the country due to flooding and landslides
I can't be the only leaf experiencing this severe pain. Questioning how long canada post is going to drag their heels and reduce volume despite their site saying everything is going as normal now that it's been well over a week since the storm.
>>
>>9469625
Hang in BC bro.
Other Leaf here.
>>
>>9469625
Stay safe, Canada-fren.
>>
This is a cool Star Wars character
>>
>>9469212
I wonder how many of us that have him are posing it this exact way
>>
The Rancor is dead
>>
>>9469779
>>9469957
Despite being below sea level we just had two days of rain. I feel much worse for those dudes living in the interior that actually got fucked up bad.

>>9470443
There's not really any other way to pose him, really. Part of why I skipped him.
>>
>>9470572
>There's not really any other way to pose him, really
Well that's just being uncreative Anon. You can make him an Imperial suicide bomber!
>>
File: POTF2cruiseloose.jpg (155 KB, 800x650)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>9470631
Imperial suicide bomber, you say?
>>
File: 1605995780379.jpg (1.42 MB, 1125x1394)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>9470443
I moved him out of that pose, since it was harder to see him in my display case. It was also putting stress on the white skirt flap things. I didn't want the plastic to warp too much or risk it breaking. I had him in that pose for maybe 6 hours or so, and the flap wouldn't fully go down. Now he is standing up.

>>9470631
That is a great picture. I didn't even think about poising him as a suicide bomber

>>9469537
Roger, Roger!
>>
>>9470631
>Condiment Trooper: Mustard Edition
>>
>>9470636
God, I remember that. So pissed the pilot was built into the vehicle and not removable.
>>
>>9465409
This is EPIC! Finally the fans have stopped or at least laughed at Hasblow's bullshit! From shitty distribution, to garbage customer service on their "wonderful" website, Hasblow has followed Disney Star Wars and ostracized fans and collector's! It amazes me how these idiots either don't care, or are so hell bent on pushing their agenda, losing money doesn't matter! From the X-Men figures, to the Walgreens "Exclusives", to the Black Series figures, they were all called the Bigfoot or Loch Ness Monster problem! Just like Nessie or Bigfoot, there were "sightings", there were pictures, and rumors, but only a rare few EVER saw one in the wild.
So Hasblow......FUCK OFF!
>>
>>9465409
Watch on the last day POOF 10,000 backers will magically appear!
>>
>>9465409
COME ON SCALPERS!
There is a 5 piece limit! Order 5, change name order 5 more, repeat until you have 25-30.
Then post on eBay for $2,750.00 and wait for easy street! Come on SCALPERS where are your balls?
>>
>>9470142
Looks like a Borg from Star Trek in a way.
>>
>>9471927
Retailers that are buying up to resell will get a solid discount on the Rancor and be allowed to buy them up. They'll then be able to clear it at less than Hasbro's backers price, while still making profit.
>>
>>9469212
Agreed! If anyone at Lucasfilm had any brains at all they would set up a meeting with Hasblow, create army building sets of Clones, Battle Droids, and Stormtroopers. For Clones make a set with a commander & 2 or 4 other soldiers. Each could have a variation to their helmet or uniform, like the Clones had. Or even battle scars, blast marks, etc.
Have a 3 pack for $60.00 or $70 if they came with a shitload of accessories. The 5pk could be a flat $100.00. OR MAYBE Hasblow could reward fans and make them a little cheaper since people are buying more? Nah never happen! GREEDY FUCKS!
>>
>>9465477
Pancake titties? Be thankful she even has tits at all! Hell the new Kathleen Kennedy agenda toward women depicts zero sexuality, zero beauty, and absolutely NO BOOBS! BOOBS are how men objectify or classifying women's status. Also men HAVE to be subservient to women! Women are smarter, stronger, and far more capable than any man. Their motto, I am a strong woman who doesn't need NO MAN! Examples..........
TFA....Rey Palpasream , Rose Tico, um the purple haired bitch the TLJ?
Result? Figures are now filling landfills all over the US! Movies mocked and laughed at everywhere. Rey's body compared to a 2x4 and her face to a horse. Rose Tico? Well think of taking a shit. When you think your done, nasty gut rot. One more pussshhhh, and here it comes....it's stuck! What?!? You wiggle your ass, shake it, bounce, sway, and nothing it hangs onto your butthole. THAT IS ROSE TICO. The purple haired bitch? She is when you have to wipe it off.
>>
>>9465447
WTF!?! Ths Mandalorian is popular, the toys sell. They will get produced, DEAL WITH IT! Toys from TFA, TLJ, TROS sold for shit! Many are now filling landfills, or dumpsters. Those movies caused a loss that never before happened. You make and create what people WANT!
Here is an idea, DON'T LIKE IT? DON'T BUY IT! SIMPLE!
>>
>>9471959
This post bothers you?
DON'T LIKE IT? DON'T RESPOND TO IT! SIMPLE!
>>
>>9472065
he’s right though. Sounds like he’s crazy but he’s still right.
>>
>>9471959
>Toys from TFA, TLJ, TROS sold for shit! Many are now filling landfills, or dumpsters

Can you imagine Rose Tico being found 4,000 years in the future?
>>
>>9472126
Wouldn't it be more like those ET cartridges being found near 30 years later in a landfil or that warehouse full of Delorian parts 25 years later?
>>
File: Jedi_Sanders.jpg (13 KB, 180x242)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Black Series when?
>>
>>9465409
I feel bad for those that wanted a giant Rancor, but man Hasbro really shot themselves in the foot with planning it.
>>
Oh schizoanon is back and flooding the thread right when discussion of actual toys was happening. Great.
>>
>>9472228
I want it to fail just so the Star Wars team gets fired
>>
>>9472257
I wonder who the brand manager was when pic related was out in stores. This is more of what I think most fans want. Give us more Jedi, troopers, aliens we rarely see, etc. They should copy what Marvel Legends does with their waves of figures (6 thematic figures + 1 or 2 odd ball releases). Just throw in some cool characters kids (boys and girls) would want to play as. Mara Jade is perfect, make a Black Series 6" of her already Hasbro. You get female SJW points and the fans are happy too, win-win.
>>
>>9472273
Pretty sure the guy who Dred Priest’s likeness was based on was in charge when the 30th Anniversary Collection was coming out which may have been peak Hasbro, as far as giving fans what they wanted. I know the figure was based on a Hasbro employee but unless this is bullshit he was in charge of the SW line at the time
http://figureoftheday.blogspot.com/2010/06/figure-of-day-day-1309-dred-priest.html?m=1
>>
>>9472424
Oh yeah, Darryl Depreist. I remember him.
>>
>>9472424
>>9472429
Dude was well known for his Obi-Wan fetish, so if you ever wondered why ROTS Obi-Wan had so many releases and re-releases during that time it's because of him
>>
6" Black HK-47 when?
>Maybe when the KOTOR remaster comes out?
>>
>>9471935
>>9471955
>>9471959
>>9472065
Somehow, schizoanon returned...
>>
>>9472273
I’m no Star Wars expert, who is the jedi with the triangle head?
>>
>>9472616
Pablo-Jill.

A background CGI Jedi from the Battle of Geonosis.
>>
>>9472460
There already is a Revan, Nihlus, and Zaalbar, so it could happen any time.
>>
>>9472627
Nihlus and Zaalbar are almost entirely re-use.

So that would lead to HK-47 being 000 with a deformed head.
>>
>>9472437
ROTS, Saga Collection, TAC and the early Vintage OTC (predecessor to TVC) was a pretty great run for Hasbro’s Star Wars line. Too bad that guy still isn’t working there.
>>
>>9472782
meant for >>9472429
you too
>>
>>9472782
I remember and miss how exciting the Revenge of the Sith toyline was. It was like, new shit was dropping literally every week. I remember getting caught up and then next week "Yo I found the Mustafarian Guard at Walmart!"
>>
>>9472845
I think a thing to keep in mind is back in those days toys required severely less engineering and QC than they do today. I'd love to go back to that level of output, but not at the cost of 5-10poa and sloppy paint and sculpts being the standard again. More I'd just like to get releases with the same normalcy as Marvel, especially when the last several waves of that are shelfwarming trash. That and George may have been the greatest faggot alive, but he knew everything was secondary to toys. Disney just thinks all merch should move at the same rate as stuff for autists like us and gets scared when it doesn't.
>>
>>9472885
I think it also doesn't help that the franchise has just ballooned so much that it's hard to keep everyone happy. The OT is largely tapped, but there's still a bunch of stuff from the PT, TCW, Rebels, Rogue One, etc that still hasn't been done, all the while they have to focus on Mandalorian while it's still hot. That's not even getting into all of the EU stuff.
>>
>>9472889
Yep, that too. I really only want TCW cartoon stuff and Mandalorian, as those are the things I like, plus knowing old EU is mostly gonna stay untapped. Much as I'd love a Kyle Katarn or anyone from the DF and Jedi games, that's niche as shit and will probably shelfwarm as bad as the fucking rabbit is. More just once again raises the question of why the fuck they're prepping to clog shelves with Rogue One again, after knowing the only things from that line that moved were the K2S0 and the Death Troopers. One that got a legacy repack and the other that easily could've just got some new deco and been released as a gaming greats.
>>
>>9472897
To be fair they're at least limiting the RO re-issues to fan channel, so Gamestop is probably fucked but they won't be clogging up Walmart and Target.

That said I do want a photoreal Krennic, though I don't want him going to retail either.
>>
>>9472845
the were the good old days
>>9472885
who gives a shit about quality control being slightly worse when they cost $4.99 and while there were scalpers it wasn’t impossible to find the rare figures and the majority of them could be found at retail. You could get three of them for the price of a figure now, i’m sure one of them would be flawless. And that wasn’t exactly POTF2 days, most of the figures had more than 5 POA.
>>
>>9472920
>while there were scalpers it wasn’t impossible to find the rare figures and the majority of them could be found at retail
This is how I can tell you're a zoomer pretending to be a veteran collector. The late 90's were one of the worst periods for Star Wars scalping.
>>
>>9472932
There's this weird trend of people claiming that high demand figures being scalped and unpopular figures pegwarming was never a problem until the Disney era. Like everyone just forgot Lushros Dofine ever existed.
>>
>>9472920
>who gives a shit about quality control being slightly worse when they cost $4.99 and while there were scalpers it wasn’t impossible to find the rare figures
Okay well $5 figures are usually too shit for me to even consider buying, and the friend I had that was super into it dropped it during that time because scalping was so fucking bad. Like jesus christ, bud.

>>9472905
I just want the 3-pack exclusive Death Trooper commander to get a normal release. No upgraded engineering or anything, just something actually acquirable.
>>
>>9472941
Disney was worse.
>>
>>9472897
>>9472905
I think the fan channel wave should have been:
>Jyn in Imperial disguise with a swappable helmet head
>Cassian in his blue vest
>Bodhi
>Saw Gererra
>Deathtrooper Commander from the 3 pack
That way we get new figures but also the photoreal updates that people can swap onto the first issues. Bodhi gets released to complete the team, Saw gets a well deserved figure, and then a trooper that is easy reuse and would sell and would have complimented the archive release of the standard Deathtrooper. Then later do another wave reissuing the two monks since a lot of people missed them the first time and photoreal update Krennic with an extra head sculpt that includes his hat and rain poncho overlay similar to what they did with Darth Maul.
>>
>>9472952
Qui-Gon in 2012 was worse than anything the Disney era has had so far. Even Finn wasn't as much of a plague as Qui-Gon. You had the exact same figure on three separate cards at three separate price levels, right next to each other. It was one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen a toy company do.
>>
>>9472966
I still can't fucking believe that we don't have a Saw figure, especially when you could easily get 2 uses out of basically the same mould by releasing a Fallen Order variant. Like I think the RO and FO version of him is ugly as sin compared to the cartoon one cause of that awful breastplate thing making Forrest look even more obese.
>>
>>9472976
The 3D glasses assortment at Walmart was fucking poison, it took them YEARS to get rid of them. It's amazing how quickly everyone forgot those, people were still finding them in 2016.
>>
>>9472976
>Even Finn wasn't as much of a plague as Qui-Gon
Now THIS is some revisionist history!
>>
>>9472991
It isn't. If you ever went to a Walmart in 2012 you'd have seen it for yourself.
>>
>>9473009
I did, and it wasn't as bad as Finn. You're a complete fucking liar.
>>
>>9472991
>>9473011
Finn shelfwarmed with Zuvio for about 15 months here. Shut up.
>>
>>9473013
Fuck off revisionist.
>>
>>9472991
>>9473009
>>9473011
>>9473013
In my area the only thing that got rid of the 2012 shit was the TFA shit. And then the only thing that got rid of TFA shit was Rogue One shit. And then they wisely just clearanced that out. TLJ never pegwarmed as badly here, I mean Rose, Paige and Hux were definitely hanging around but they weren't falling off the pegs. I never got why everyone considers Rose to be the worst pegwarmer for Black Series when Finn, Jyn and Cassian were all far worse.
>>
>>9473016
We still have a single Jyn on the shelf at my local gamestop. Rose is just notorious because while there were few on shelves, there were fucking mountains at online retailers and thus it was always on sale and always in stock.
>>
>>9473016
A lot of places never even got TBS 6" Rose because that wave came at a time when stores were still backlogged from the first TLJ tie-in waves. TBS 3.75" Rose was a dud that hung around, though.
>>
>>9472932
I’m 36 years old and have been collecting since before POTF2 when it was all vintage at yard sales and flea markets. I can assure you if you tried hard enough most of the time you could find what you wanted. Not everything but most of it.
>>
finn shelfwarmed no one cares about his ugly ass
>>
>>9472951
>Okay well $5 figures are usually too shit for me to even consider buying
fucking retard
>>
>>9473052
He had potential but got completely shafted to his Push X to REY Heavy Rain knockoff.
Nevertheless, he had none of the presence of Samuel L Jackson so perhaps he was doomed from the start.
>>
File: 20200919_101316.jpg (157 KB, 1290x627)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Remember when there was a black woman in Star Wars? I couldn't even remember her name.
>>
>>9473057
I like my toys to have knees and elbows, thanks.

>>9473064
I still think Finn and Poe are the only redeemable shit about that movie series, probably purely as a result of them being shafted on all screentime and development to put Rey and Kylo onscreen to also do nothing. Just didn't matter in the end cause they're both still boring as shit, they're just not irritating.
>>
>>9473020
My Walgreens still has two Jyns and one Cassian and because of that, zero new figures have made their way onto the Black Series spot on that shelf. Someday I think I'm just going to ask the manager if they'll heavily discount them for me just to move them and show that other places were literally selling them for $3 just to get rid of 'em.
>>
File: Scrooge.jpg (279 KB, 853x480)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>9473070
Her name is CLEARANCE as far as I'm concerned.
>>
File: 1578780328547.jpg (266 KB, 869x912)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>9473051
Not the person you are replying to, but I think about that often. I'm 35 myself, but I remember endless rows of Star Wars toys at Toys R Us. It's kind of wild thinking about it. It was around the mid or late POTF2 era.. So, mid to late 90's? You could find whatever you wanted. Now, I wasn't a hardcore collector then but I didn't ever have an issue finding a trooper, bounty hunter or hero I wanted. I also can't believe how affordable it all was. I try not to put on my rose tinted glasses, it really does seem like a better time to collect. As others have pointed out during the Revenge of the Sith release, it was just bonkers how accessible figures were in terms of quality and availability. I wish I picked up collecting then. I only bought a few and then I was done. Nostalgia rant over
>>
>>9473075
Yeah, it's a shame they got designated to being Rey's cheerleaders instead of doing... basically anything else. I'm sure there's something more beneficial to the cause an expert pilot and an ex-stormtrooper could do than tag along for a scavenger hunt.
>>
>>9473107
I get that they were trying to do something with the three main heroes since they'd never done anything together in the previous movie, but all Abrams could think to do was tack on a weird smuggler backstory for Poe that adds nothing and just have Finn scream REY the entire movie. He even gives Finn budding Force powers and can't think of a way to make that interesting.
>>
>>9473075
a lot of the figures in the ROTS line had knees and elbows and were $4.99, dumbass.
>>
>>9473117
>He even gives Finn budding Force powers and can't think of a way to make that interesting.
It's obvious he just did it because people were disappointed that Finn didn't turn out to be a Jedi thanks to the stupid deceptive marketing for TFA. He didn't actually care about it, he just did it because he went all in on fan pandering rather than actually sit down and think of a good story.

The same thing happened with Rey and Kylo, he heard all the fangirls clamoring for Reylo and just threw in this awkward kiss at the end. The whole movie is just two hours of "this is what you dumb nerds want, right?"
>>
File: ly3j6x55zgb31.jpg (336 KB, 830x1310)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>9473117
What a perfect storm of terrible execution.
>>
>>9473117
>He even gives Finn budding Force powers and can't think of a way to make that interesting.

The ST is such a mess. I honestly hate thinking about it because it makes me so annoyed. How Disney missed the mark so hard would be impressive, if it wasn't so tragic. Now the ST will be forever known as a failed Star Wars project. Star Wars Rebels have a more favorable rating in the Star Wars fan base. It's pathetic. I really like SW Rebels but come on Disney
>>
>>9473107
>>9473117
>>9473123
If nothing else I had hoped that this would mean giving up on movies and instead allowing Filoni to just continue making some decent cartoons and maybe a TV show like Mando. But then Mando fell prey to the greater plotlines and jedi shit by the end of S2 and Bad Batch really feels like all we have left that isn't shit. And while Bad Batch isn't bad, it's not nearly as good as peak TCW. Maybe S2 will be better...
>>
>>9473099
Yeah man, I feel you. I remember having my mom drive me around to search for figures then when I got my license around the time of the AOTC/Saga lines I started hitting up Target, Walmart and TRU almost everyday after school or work and I completed the whole line. When I was in college I was able to do the same and got every OTC, ROTS and TAC figure too. You could actually get almost everything you wanted if you had the time. And most of the figures were still good and improving by the year at that time. Shortly after TCW line started real life got in the way and I stopped buying a lot of figures but it was a good time to slow down now that I’m looking back at it as prices went up and like you said availability became a big issue.
>>
>muh potential

bullshit. cast someone attractive like finn wolfhard or the cute girl playing egon's grand daughter in the new ghost busters
>>
File: It's The Ree Yee's Nees.jpg (87 KB, 900x1200)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>9473119
ROTS line did have some very odd choices for articulation. Tarfful had less range of movement than some do nothing background characters, some clones were SA, some were only bare bones joints, and then a good chunk of the aliens had swivel hips, no knees, and for some reason actual ball jointed ankles.

Fun fact: You could pop the Ree Yees senator's head off and put it on his foot!
>>
>>9473134
Lets hope some miracle happens and the Black Series and TVC gets better. Though, if the Rancor is any sign of what's to come, it probably won't.
>>
>>9473151
That's the annoying part. TBS and TVC's new moulds are fantastic. Guys like TBS Wrecker are some of the best 6" toys on the market for their price point in terms of sculpt, paint and engineering. Just that they won't fucking make shit and won't fucking release it.
>>
>>9473170
Yep, the biggest annoyance is how you can't find anything in stores unless the employees just stocked the figures on the shelves. I have basically given up collecting in person. I found Tech a month or two ago and I was floored that he (and a few more Black Series figures) were at Walmart at all. Hasbro can make great figures but it seems like they do not know how to get stock on the self. Scalper are a huge issue, but Hasbro can do something with online stores or something of that nature to fix the problems. I learned a few weeks ago, a guy who owns a second hand toy store is literally taking all the stock from big box stores, to re sell at his shop for 50% mark ups or higher. Stuff like that just makes me not want to ever look for things in person
>>
>>9473225
>I learned a few weeks ago, a guy who owns a second hand toy store is literally taking all the stock from big box stores, to re sell at his shop for 50% mark ups or higher. Stuff like that just makes me not want to ever look for things in person
There is a Star Wars based shop near me that sells stuff like Walgreens exclusives, Target exlclusives, etc. for recent stuff. It makes me wonder if they just scour the area for this stuff too. It makes it hard to find Star Wars stuff these days unless I'm really on top of it.
I never get a good impression of the shop whenever I'm in there. All I think is they just buy up Star Wars stuff and throw on whatever asking price eBay has. I always feel like they give off this vibe of superiority whenever I shop there too but it could just be all in my head. I've been collecting since I was a kid, before Episode 1 released, so I know a lot of my stuff. I do enjoy seeing things from years ago I never knew existed though.
>>
>>9473136
>attractive
>finn wolfhard
ugh what dude is awkward looking as fuck
>>
>>9473245
I think your assumption is most likely correct. I be the owner is himself, or sending others to get figures to mark up. It's petty scummy, but I am not surprised by anything, anymore. I too feel awkward is going stores like that. It just feels more personal? I don't know, I can't put my finger on it. The price are insane though. I do not shop at my local 2nd hand toy store for that very reason. I am not paying 40 or 50 dollars for a new Black Series release. I actually wonder who the fuck is buying from his shop. His shop is huge, has a variety if different lines.. but, if your prices are that sky high.. you might as well just set up an eBay store (though, he does have one.. so why have the shop at all?)
>>
>>9473252
Just bear in mind all the fangirls going nuclear over Adam Driver for whatever reason.
>>
>>9473147
yeah like I said some of them weren’t but all figures in the ROTS line sold at TRU and Walmart for $4.99, even the SA ones. That’s hilarious about the ReeYees though, never realized that.
>>
>>9473134
My heart hurts reading this conversation. Now I wasn't collecting as much then due to my family being poor, but I never had a situation where I just couldn't find the figure I wanted, whether it was GIJoe, X-men, or Star Wars. The store always had figured in.

The first and only time I knew about scarcity was when the Power Rangers toys dropped right before Christmas. It's crazy the only answer we get is to either hustle or buy from scalpers.
>>
Any find the Walmart Black Friday Shipper? Saw one and half the figures were gone only the carbonized vintage Mando stuff. Were there any 6" figures in them, like the exclusive BB figures?
>>
File: EtrPYAQXEAA3Xmw.jpg (55 KB, 828x912)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>9473225
At least consider yourself lucky that you live in the states. The only exclusives I even have a chance to buy *in theory* are the gamestop ones, as we don't have Target and Walmart doesn't stock exclusives up here for whatever reason. Can't even get a middleman to ship me the exclusives since both of those companies forbid it and it's basically impossible now. And even with Gamestop exclusives, the only one I needed to preorder, Boss, sold out in seconds and my local store won't be receiving any.
Would love to get TCW Anakin, Obi Wan and Fives, but there's literally no way but ebay. Same for everything. It's fucking nightmarish. Means when I see a new exclusive get announced, I just have to immediately give up, because I don't love any character enough to pay 300% markup.
>>
>>9473627
I never got into MMPR figures but I remember it being a big deal how difficult they were to find.
>>
>>9473879
my walmart put out two cases of the 3.75 carbonized armorer. that's all i found
>>
rancor now at 4,757
was at 4,747 10 days ago
1 backer per day
*slowclap for hasbro*
>>
>>9474150
I really expected them to make some kind of statement now that we're over a week out from the last stretch goals being announced. Like they're not just gonna let that shit go unfunded with such a scandal without a word, are they?
>>
File: 1628636985732.jpg (68 KB, 1000x1000)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Carnor Jax for £10 NIB is good, right?
>>
>>9474239
He's extremely mediocre and really needs a wired cape but for that price I'd say he's worth it. I just wish they would've done like 20% more effort on the paint for that price, or made the arms accurate to the comic.
>>
>>9474252
I'll probably always want the purple showing like in that pic, so I'll most likely just sew in a wire armature. Truthfully though, I'm not even sure about the inaccuracies you mentioned. Are the arms REALLY different? Or bearably so?
>>
File: crimson.jpg (176 KB, 652x982)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>9474254
The whole thing is pretty inaccurate all over, but my real issue is something that isn't fixable with deco or new parts. The head. Unless they made a new head that has the neck cone separate from the head, he won't be any less irritating to try to pose. Also really needs butterflies imo, least if you expect to get any semi-dynamic poses out of him double handing his weapon.
>>
>>9474175
Rather let it die than admit defeat. Same as how they're "looking" at the sentinel joints and haven't said anything since.
>>
>>9474261
Oh well, it would have been nicer had it been super accurate I guess, but he'll look nice enough just standing about. Butterflying joints would have been nice, but I'm pretty sure it's still the old guard body, they probably didn't want to bother with a new sculpt.
>>
File: 20211129_163239.jpg (858 KB, 1600x3550)
858 KB
858 KB JPG
Glory days...well they'll pass you by...glory days...
>>
>>9474261
>>9474317

The guards as presented in RotJ are cool until you think about them for 5 seconds. The helmet just doesn't work for combat or really any movement.
>>
>>9474343
Vintage Stock? I have found some cool stuff at my location form time to time. Though, those prices seem a little high
>>
>>9473075
>to put Rey and Kylo onscreen to also do nothing
>>9473359
>Just bear in mind all the fangirls going nuclear over Adam Driver for whatever reason.
Rey was the most perfect (and generic) woman, and Kylo was the unconventionally attractive bad boy who the perfect woman could save and or change. It was a half-hearted twilight, or any other version of that story. Except you know, also the galaxy is in danger but mostly here's kylo being sad without his shirt on.

>>9473117
>>9473123
>It's obvious he just did it because people were disappointed that Finn didn't turn out to be a Jedi thanks to the stupid deceptive marketing for TFA.
Yes, an ex-stormtrooper who turned good and also has force powers... had nothing to do for three movies besides be surprised at the basic things he was aware of from his life and or job, like jet packs. He's the embodiment of wasted potential. They had an interesting concept and forgot to use it. It would be more shocking if you didn't remember they literally had no plan and just sorta told the actors to do things on set and sorta made scenes based on that, which didn't really work so uh, more rey and kylo I guess?

I was one of the people who defended his crush on Rey in the first movie because I said "he's a brainwashed soldier crushing on the first woman who treated him as a person and not a disposable weapon, of course he's confused". I fully expected him to expand onto that so that he'd realize he was experiencing friendship for the first time, but... they forgot to do anything with it because they realized in horror people were shipping these two. So in the next movie Rey gets a white bad boy boyfriend, and Finn gets an ethnically appropriate girl who sucks, so he gets another ethnically appropriate girl in the movie after that who has the same everything so they're a match, whatever.
>>
>>9474505
Much like everything in the sequels, they look fantastic, but we'll never see good toys of them due to how horribly those piece of shit movies were handled. Still can't believe we only got that one generic Knight of Ren despite most of their designs being fantastic. Same as the new troopers from Solo.
>>
>>9474549

Huh?

I'm talking about the Royal Guards from Return of the Jedi. Nothing about the sequels at all in what I'm talking about.
>>
>>9474311
Bet they'll just quietly brush the rancor under the rug and try to forget this trainwreck ever happened.
>>
>>9474568
They're absolutely going to blame fans for it. This is star wars. Remember their marketing strategy for the last jedi was "fuck you".
>>
File: 1000[1].png (554 KB, 1000x568)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>9474505
I'm glad in Rebels they made some adjustments for that design so that the helmets are more functional for combat. It's like a mix of the traditional look with that light armor set from that old figure
>>
>>9474647
>rebels
puke
>>
File: A1Bifd-R3qL.jpg (1.63 MB, 1698x2560)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>9474563
Ah yeah my mistake. I honestly just want actual Crimson Empire style guards, instead of the weird thing that the Carnor Jax TBS ended up being. Like I don't think anyone but autistic 40 year old MIB retards would complain if they made the collar and the helmet separate to allow for better articulation.
>>
>>9474580
"We thought you assholes LIKED Star Wars? I guess not!"
>>
>>9474580
While I understand where you are coming from, I doubt they will be stupid enough to take that approach this time. The collector market / fans are are on the same page about this. Hasbro dun goofed and flat out didn't listen to what the community wanted. What would be the punishment anyway? No more Haslab projects for the Black Series? That hurt Hasbro's bottom line, not ours. All they had to do was include Oola and Malakili as the main stretch goals. That's how low the bar was and they whiffed it. The fact Hasbro thought people would "go crazy" over a cardboard cut out and a few diorama pieces (that should of been included in the first place) as stretch goals is baffling.
>>
>4,752
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (30 KB, 480x270)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Can't wait for the next update!
>>
>>9474778
>No more Haslab projects for the Black Series?
Yeah like what can they even do? Star Wars doesn't have giant characters in it like Marvel does, and the scale of TBS doesn't lend itself to vehicles or playsets very easily. What Star Wars character/ship/thing can you make for TBS that is both important enough to justify, and large but not too large? Even doing an X-Wing would probably be too big, and they've already shown they're willing to go $120-160 for a vehicle so it'd be hard to justify the $300+ price tag.

I think they chose the rancor because they couldn't think of anything else that really fits.
>>
>>9474885
>Dark Forces battlepack
>Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors, General Mohc, and phase III Dark Trooper
>stretch goal 1: full game armory
>stretch goal 2: game packaging for the set
>stretch goal 3: phase I Dark Trooper
>stretch goal 4: phase II Dark Trooper
>$180-$200
I think all you can really do with TBS HasLabs is a special figure set like this that otherwise couldn't work at retail.
>>
File: 1625192393770.png (1005 KB, 700x644)
1005 KB
1005 KB PNG
>>9474909
Just want you to know that this entire post made me want to cry anon. Additionally:
>Kyle Katarn Saga:
>Kyle, Jan and the Raven's Claw
>stretch goal 1: alternate appearance for Kyle for DF2/Jedi Knight instead of the cloak for DF1
>stretch goal 2: Jerec and Desann
>stretch goal 3: Phase 3 Dark Trooper
>stretch goal 4: Gorc and Thok for laffs
Honestly just the concept of Selects box sets of stuff like Kyle and Jan or a full set of Repcom boys would be perfect. Just throw all 4 of them in a pack along with 3 of the unique big guns from the game.
>>
File: 96871-1-5b506d07d493e.jpg (85 KB, 466x800)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>9474909
>>9474921
Man, fuck it. I'm gonna spend December acquiring parts to make this. Know 2 places to get 3d printed Kyle headsculpts and sabers from, as well as his pistol. I know they're never gonna bother making him in this scale, if ever again, and he's always been my favourite "jedi". Fuck it.
>>
>>9474830
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>9466454
Boomer fett
>>
File: cover9.jpg (412 KB, 1600x900)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>9474343
Holy shit this is giving me trauma flashbacks.
What the fuck happened?
How did we get here?
>>
>>9475038
I'm gonna blame Disney for thinking that vomiting up films that say "Star Wars" will mean insta-profit.
Otherwise, Hasbro being retarded and cheap/greedy.
>>
>>9474343
Oh yes this gives me the heckin nostalgiaaaaaaa yes! I want to goooooo baaaaaaack
>>
>>9475134
Can you pick one thread to post wojaks and your /v/speak in, faggot?
>>
>>9474546
No one actually shipped fin and rey other than sjw crazies who at the same time preferred fin with po
>>
>>9473123
>he heard all the fangirls clamoring for Reylo
It was setup by Kasdan(even JJ in TLJ commentary called Rey running from Maz a princess running to meet her fate, when she meets Kylo he says oh and there is out prince), Rian continued and was the only decent thing in his movie. If TROS actually leaned into it instead of giving us TFA era characters and post TLJ characters in the last few minutes, movie had a chance of not being complete dogshit.
>>
File: 1615000858851.gif (105 KB, 800x371)
105 KB
105 KB GIF
>>9475134
THIS! SO MUCH THIS!
>>
>>9475158
no cap it’s legit mad pathetic that boomers who buy toys actually desire the toy company start making toys want to buy again. big yikes from me lmao
>>
It's crazy to me that non of the companies that make these toys have made a Star Killer figure yet. He has alot of great outfits they could make. I would love a shelf of just Star Killer and his different outfits from the force unleashed 1 and 2
>>
File: FFclINaWQAw0ram.jpg (78 KB, 721x926)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
sigh
>>
>>9475336
they made several of him
>>
>>9475339
Is this the laziest repack they’ve ever done?
>>
File: 1637891256083.jpg (637 KB, 1920x1080)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
>>9475339
I like it...
>>
>>9475352
No, but it's close
>>
>>9475352
no because they bothered to paint him
>>9475368
this kinda of shit is laziest
>>
File: DST_mythrol-scaled.jpg (830 KB, 1968x2560)
830 KB
830 KB JPG
>tfw the current state of Star Wars collecting
>>
>>9475339
Y NO CAPE???
>>
>>9475379
>dark troooper? Nah, have this fucking fat loser instead.

Jesus Hasbro.
>>
>>9475339
I dont remember this guy? Dont they all have capes or cloaks, why not make the much cooler shadow guard
>>
>>9475339
I only remember the shadow guard having red lightsaber pikes.
>>
>>9475339
To me, if you're going to call a line "gaming greats" it should feature great characters from the games, not lazy palette swaps.
>>
>>9475379
I'm still pissed about this. It'd be one thing if it was Black Series, but Vintage Collection gets far fewer releases a year and only a fraction of them are new molds and they wasted a slot on Horatio Sanz.
>>
>>9475339
In the past we would have gotten a whole line in 3.75" with all new sculpts. SAD.
>>
>>9475339
Gotta admit, this really is lazy. I understand this whole Gamestop gaming greats line is reuse, but come on. They are charging 4 - 6 dollars more for this line
>>
>>9475427
>Dash Rendar never ever ever
>>
Anyone here happen to have The Mandalorian both for the black series and the bandai model kit and wouldn't mind snapping a quick pic?
I've been hoping to see a comparison picture so see just how much bigger the kit is compared to the figure
>>
>>9475381
Different version
>>
>>9475427
My thoughts exactly. Like I do appreciate getting enemies from games, but they seem pointless when you don't even have the main character that fights them. JFO has the best run so far but it'd be real nice to get a Starkiller. And then give us the iconic ones like Kyle Katarn and Dash Rendar.

And if they're going to be super lazy with palette swaps, go a little further and do some more kitbashed stuff. Why isn't there a Rodian Hoth Rebel trooper to throw in for Battlefront? They have all the parts necessary.

>>9475578
Here's a lineup of figures released so far
>>
>>9475597
figure is still inaccurate lol
>>
>>9475379
>>9475384
>>9475475
This will always be incredibly funny to me because I like the funny fish man and think he's a good and fun figure to go with the razorcrest. You guys complain literally all day every day that we don't get droids or literal whos or weird aliens, and this guy is effectively two of those things at once.
>>
>>9475606
I simply hope for more FO figures purely so that we can get more unique troopers. I've already got a gatling gun and a rocket launcher on the way, but I'd gladly take more of them, as well as the various Purge Troopers, even with the old clone body. I think Dash is sadly never gonna happen, while Kyle and Starkiller feel like almost guaranteed ones since we now have this incredibly shitty guard, and the Jedi games are on switch.
Does make me desperate for a Shadows PC release that actually has mouse aim and not just the shit N64 controls.
>>
>>9475790
I'm surprised they haven't done the rocket or heavy assault troopers yet. Seems like a no brainer and easy money. Plus they could reuse the rotary blaster for clones.
>>
>>9475606
That's perfect, thanks anon
>>
>>9475841
I just want it for the shield that works with the rotary blaster. Could easily make a clone trooper and a droid with the deployable shield, just call it a gaming great and be done with it.
>>
>>9475790
First order doesn't sell. Ask Hot Toys.
>>
>>9475854
Fallen Order, anon. Still waiting for this fucker, closest thing we'll ever get to a dark jedi toy in current year.
>>
>>9475870
Knowing how the pathetic the Gaming Greats line is, I don't think we'll ever get this grail of a figure.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (37 KB, 490x403)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>9475873
Yeah you're probably right. Maybe Jaro could theoretically come out considering he could share some parts with that Rebels character I don't care about.
>>
File: haul.jpg (190 KB, 1318x957)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
Finally.
>>
>>9475888
Never. Hasbro will make you all suffer for not supporting the Rancor!!
>>
File: legion.jpg (149 KB, 1201x837)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>9475924
Well now I want to buy another Flametrooper and maybe 2 more Scout Troopers. And another K2 droid. Fuck.
>>
>>9475530
I remember playing SotE as a retarded brat kid. The wampa spooked me and I kept falling off cliffs in later stages.
Ah, good times.
>>
>>9476016
Still remember it being my first experience with 3d games, in the period of my life before the special editions when there was still 100% of the magic in it for me. Went over to my uncle's place and he sat me down on the Hoth level first thing, told me to have fun and went to have a beer on the porch with my dad. Spent 3 hours losing my fucking mind at how amazing actually getting to tow cable AT-ATs was.
>>
>>9474909
This is a fantastic idea and someone should e-mail Hasbro. Though I know they'd be like "what's Dark Forces" but really the idea of the figure multi-pack really is a much better fit than anything other than a select few creatures/ships.
>>
>>9475924
>>9476007
Very nice. How are your helmets on the stormies? I'm curious if they've fixed the issue since they first came out. My mortar trooper helmet looked a lot better than my first run stormtroopers but I'm not sure if that was just luck.

>>9476016
Same here. I never saw beyond Hoth because I could only play it at my cousin's house during visits since I didn't get an N64 until Christmas of '99 but never got the game after that. I bought it recently on Steam and have been enjoying seeing more of the game. Controls are awkward as hell now but what can you do. Currently on the spaceport level.
>>
>>9476101
Mine are all fine, only thing that's been irritating me is some of their butterfly shoulders were really heavily stuck out of the box. Probably more due to the weather outside and thus the delivery vehicle being cold as fuck. Had to boil basically the entire batch as a result.
Also yeah I feel you. I tried playing it and ended up refunding. Thing plays worse than doom clones in 95 on m/kb because of the mouse movement, and trying to play on controller is somehow even more of a nightmare. Fucked up since the fighter and Falcon levels play great.
>>
File: FFeyV62XEAQLLzf.jpg (277 KB, 1170x1069)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
Hasbro realized they fucked up
>>
>>9476127
I hear they are offering free grief counseling as the new second tier
>>
>>9476127
Well at least it’s not behind an unlock tier. I can’t really complain that they listened to fans
>>
>>9476130
I wanted it to fail though. I wanted Patrick to cry.
>>
>>9474580
This is not what I think they will blame the failure on entirely but I do bet is that they blame the "misogynists" and enplane to the rank and file what "hot glue is" and avoiding it and the "toxic fandom" will show up somewhere.
>>
>>9474885
>>they're willing to go $120-160 for a vehicle so it'd be hard to justify the $300+ price tag.

How much are those Skystrikers again?
>>
File: 1624745083161.jpg (150 KB, 1080x1056)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>9476127
>>
>>9475061
Well we DO know both of those things are true for HASBRO
>>
>>9476130
Still complain, they should have known what fans wanted from the beginning instead of this disaster of a campaign, and it should not be rescued at the eleventh hour on a bare promise without a prototype to show for it. Nothing will be learned if this campaign suddenly succeeds.
>>
>>9476127
>we will share renders IF the project successfully moves into production
The absolute state
>>
>>9476127
DESPERATION
>>
Just increased to 4,847, kek
>>
>tries to save a failed campaign with the figure everyone knew should have been included
>refuses to show what the figure looks like until 4000 people back based on only a promise
>>
>>9476127
Oh my gosh, kek
Please follow-up a few days later saying they'll add Oola for a Tier unlock too, oh please. I want to see what happens.
>>
>>9475339
They know suckers like me will buy it. I just wish they'd make the Apprentice already.
>>
>>9476127
>It took us having an embarrassing failure and fan feedback to do the obvious thing that people who don't do this for a living came up with weeks ago. Please give us more money!
>>
>>9476127
Wow, this is basically the equivalent of Hasbro begging for the Rancor to be funded. On the one hand, I am glad they listened to the fans. On the other, this seems like an act of desperation just to hit funding goal so they can save face. Seriously, what did they think was going to happen with out Malakili and Oola? It's also annoying they are basically cramming it in there, with out showing off the figure and throwing the old line, "Dude, just trust us". I wonder if this will have any effect on convincing people to back it at this point
>>
>>9476127
Source? I can't find it
>>
>>9476296
It's on their Instagram
>>
>>9476290
Almost definitely means that they don't have a render ready to go and won't for a week or two. That thing's gonna have to be 100% new sculpting and as much as we shit on hasbro for this shit, that does take a good amount of time. Have a feeling they're just not going to bother revealing anything unless the goal is hit because they know how hopeless it is.
>>
This is the toy equivalent of Seth Rogan saying it's cool and just part of LA culture to get robbed frequently.
>>
File: screencap.jpg (244 KB, 1915x848)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>9476296
Just added to the main page: https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-rancor
>>
>>9476312
>Help us defeat the Rancor
They're doing a pretty good job on their own, they don't need our help
>>
File: 1614731084869.jpg (36 KB, 520x416)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>9476309
Fucking wew lad. How the fuck are you gonna be the only man still shilling for this when the other LITERAL paid shills aren't willing?
>>
File: 1636874815126.gif (775 KB, 220x220)
775 KB
775 KB GIF
>>9476318
>>
File: 1537810190638.png (642 KB, 552x543)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
>>9476318
>>
File: 1636133618908.gif (181 KB, 420x420)
181 KB
181 KB GIF
>>9476318
>>
>>9476323
Not only that but his whole stance in the conversation was he doesn't get the complaints about "inaccuracies" when someone was talking about how they need to improve Gaming Greats. Apparently only expensive statues need to be accurate, $20 action figures don't matter, despite that they take the same amount of effort to sculpt anyways and Hasbro always saying they want to be as accurate to source material as possible.
>>
>>9476127
Not good enough, gonna need Oola too.
>>
>>9476336
It's ridiculous to me since the last gaming greats reveals haven't even been innacurate as the main problem, they're just missing shit wholesale. How the fuck are you gonna release two different Rocket Troopers, and give neither of them a rocket launcher? That's literally the reason you play either of them in the damn game.
>>
File: Jumptrooper.jpg (54 KB, 768x432)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>9476312
>>9476299
Thanks Anon's. I just had to see a source. I don't think this is going to help anything though

>>9476347
Not him, but the Jumptrooper are based off the SW Rebels design I believe and the SW BF 1 / II came second from what I understand. Both games (I think?) had the design messed up for almost 2 years. They corrected it at the very end of SW BF II life, during one of the final updates. Same thing happened with the Death Trooper and its main weapon. They also changed the Jumptrooper's weapon
>>
File: 1360311010122.jpg (221 KB, 1920x816)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>9476127
>This final additional figure can ONLY be added if we hit our target threshold of 9K backers before the campaign deadline (December 6, 2021).
I like the implication here that they're willingly to extend the deadline, but if they do that then you don't get Malakili
>>
File: BossNass_laugh.jpg (100 KB, 830x541)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>even when they try to fix it they still fuck it up
>>
I got the Swoop Bike Durge after accidentally having my old one trashed. I almost don't want to take him out the package. I kind of want the other Durge figures too. There is just the single release CW one, the cartoon style CW one, and the comic pack release right?
>>9476520
Subtle, I didn't notice that.
>>
>>9476599
and the Galactic Heroes one.
>>
>>9476520
That's pretty retarded. I know they're trying to entice people and making it seem like they'll miss out, but what will they do if we get to 12/6 and they still don't meet the goal? Just push the deadline by a few more weeks, but take out Malakili and still expect people to go for it?
>>
>>9476613
no no listen, if malakili fails then they'll finally put oola in
>>
>>9476613
>Well we can't included Malakili as part of the base package but good news! Malakili is now part of the Tier 1 unlock!
>>
>>9476625
If Oola fails then it's Yarna's time to shine!
>>
They've set a bad precedent for themselves. Now when a project doesn't include enough, we can just sit and wait until they come back a few days before the deadline and add more free shit.
>>
>>9476642
It's not free shit with the price tag being 350 dollars. Hasbro has the balls to require 13,500 backers for a cardboard display as a "reward", that is costing them next to nothing to include. While I agree this does make them look "weak", it was their own doing being so tone-deaf to the fans
>>
>>9474647
Those designs are actually based on the designs the Guards used when training. They were in some of the Crimson Empire comics, I’m pretty sure, and there were some figures of them too.

Of course, the ones in the comic were more inspired than those ones.
>>
>>9476638
2sexy2handle
>>
>>9476127
So this is the bargaining stage
>>
>>9476127
This shit makes me real glad I don't collect TBS stuff.
>>
>>9475597
Still has the wrong armor which is a shame cause it's essentially some stormtrooper armor with some pants legs like the hover tank driver or shore troopers have. So it's just like the Walmart arc trooper where they have the parts to make a more accurate figure but just do the laziest shit they can.
>>
Almost at 5k now
>a fat shirtless guy is going to cause this to succeed
>>
New thread:
>>9477250
>>9477250
>>9477250
>>
>>9465388

I've spent over a grand on custom lightsabers, $500 on custom jedi robes, $1000 on custom mandalorian armor, been playing swtor and other star wars games for over 15 years, read the books, read the comics, rewatch the movies on a monthly basis, yet no way in hell would I drop $5k for something as cheesy as this, and this is from someone who's also a huge Disney fan who loves to spend multiple day trips just going to Disneyland.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.