[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

3.75 is still shit, but universe is ok. The articulation is decent. I particularly like the 2 packs with a comic.

I wanna see this line revived, but only with iconic character 2 packs.

>universe sucks
Better than retro 3.75 ML
>>
>>9459869
If you don't like 4" why do you want these back?
>>
Universe finally started getting good towards the end, unfortunately hasbro doesn't seem to believe the two lines can coexist at retail, much like they do with gi joe.
>>
>>9459941
Because i work for hasbro, and i need a job after the layoffs
>>
>>9460041
>Because i work for hasbro, and i need a job after the layoffs
Learn grammar, then maybe they'd hire you back.
>>
>>9459999
Im using every oppertunity to express my absolute rage at hasbro for killing retro in favor of o rings. Why not both? Its not like the retro line had many releases and its not as if some how the o ring figures will be made and released at a higher volume. Also i hope the sky striker haslab fucking fails hard.
>>
>>9459869
not a fan of the 2packs, they were primarily an excuse to just crank out shitty repaints.

1/18 does still need
- Blink
- Agent Venom

I'm sure there are more but that is the top of my list.
>>
>>9460054
not very inclusive of you
>>
>>9459869
whether it's marvel, gi joe, or star wars, I'll always bite on comic pack figures. I'd like to say I'd be in for power ranger comic packs too, but i hate their comics
>>
>>9459869
>>universe sucks
>Better than retro 3.75 ML
They're literally the same shit.
Bad scale, period.
>>
>>9459869
>Better than retro 3.75 ML
5POA will always be superior at smaller scales. They put so much articulation in the old Marvel Universe figures that it turned them into a gangly mess of unwieldy joints. Usually because it was poorly implemented and didn't work with the sculpts or they were so loose and floppy that couldn't hold a pose.

If anything I'd rather see the Toy Biz 5 inch stuff from the 90s make a return.
>>
>>9460041
I support your cause, but unfortunately, Hasbro doesn't like my money and keeps making the wrong toys.

>>9460076
This so hard.
I have two large boxes full of rubber band GI Joes upper torsos, legs, and waists because their rubberbands have rotted away.
I collect only 1:18 now, not 3.75", so none of the figures will fit in their Skystriker.
>>
>>9459869
No. It failed back then and it will fail now. It also cost the same to make the 6" figure so why would Hasbro even bother with these. Just look at the retro shit clogging up shelves. 1/18 scale doesn't work if you don't make vehicles and playsets to go with it.
>>
>>9459999
If I remember towards the end they ditched the name and a lot of torso articulation and bicep swivels.
>>
>>9461257
They still did it better that than 1/18 ToyBiz line that made it a couple of waves - Superhero Showdown I think it was?
>>
>>9461257
>They put so much articulation in the old Marvel Universe figures that it turned them into a gangly mess of unwieldy joints.
Agreed. I bought several because I wanted to mix them into GI Joe displays, and they were, as you said, gangly messes. Didn't help they were oversized at 4" scale instead of 3.75". I absolutely love the retro 5poa Marvel line though
>>
>>9459869
Near the end of the line, SINGLE figures were selling for over $16 at my California Target. Kids were skipping in favor of the $20 Marvel Legends. They simply aren't cost effective to make any more due to the labor costs to assemble the articulated pieces, hence why we have the far cheaper retro line.
>>
>>9461257
>>9462831
TB's 4" line was gangley because of the sculpt, not the articulation.

and both the MU and Showdown line were 4", real 1:18, and not 3.75.
>>
>>9462848
These were better than ML 6" up until just recently.
>>
>>9459869
if you like it buy from the clearance section from most online retailers
>>
>>9459869
>>
File: 1349006734444.jpg (94 KB, 600x792)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>9459869
Either sell Marvel vehicles or it won't happen. Marvel is one size and doesn't cross into larger items like Star Wars.
>>
File: IM2wave8canneverhave.jpg (71 KB, 500x500)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>9463064
People had said the same shit when the Fury Files came out, but it took almost 5 years for Hasbro to finally kill the popularity of the MU and 1:18 movie lines by sabotaging them.

You will never see a hundred different toys in a single movie line, while also having a general Marvel line containing dozens of different figures, released like this in a single year again.
>>
1:18 is a dead scale.
>>
>>9463064
What is this? Its a very cool robot
>>
>>9463203
only in stores because the big boys are stepping away for some dumbass reason.
Insane gas prices is what gave us 1/18 originally and Biden is doing his best to take us back to the 70's and usher in it's return.

Quite a few independents doing well Boss Fight, Marauder, Fresh Monkey, JoyToy, Hiya, PGV, Acid Rain (forget the name of the new company producing them), Lanard, Lecroy. Hell even the bootlegger Black Major is doing well.
>>
>>9463338
>only in stores because the big boys are stepping away for some dumbass reason.
There's more money to be had for both Hasbro and Walmart by you buying a $20 figure vs a $10. So even when 6" and 4" toys have roughly the same profit margin, they'd rather you pay up $20 than $10.
Hence Hasbro needing to sabotage the 1:18 lines, to make fans buy the $20 figures.

Hasbro seems to be the only one not latching onto the 1:18 scale now, btw. If you look at the shelves, most every other company is releasing smaller figures.
>>
>>9463337
Virtual On, Sega Arcade Robot Sim
>>
>>9463338
>because the big boys are stepping away for some dumbass reason.
That reason probably being that 1:18 is too small to engineer in good articulation without it either looking hideous or being fragile as fuck.
>>
>>9465061
This is a lie. Microman figures (that were made of opaque plastic) have better engineering than most MLs and will not look hideos if they actually use a good sculpt and don't scrimp on the paint job. Hasbro themselves was also improving on engineering on 1:18 and weren't fragile.

The only reason Hasbro moved away from 1:18 is simply to funnel its fans into buying the more expensive figures for more revenue. This is why they had to sabotage their 1:18 lines, by taking away engineering and relying more on repaints/re-releases.
It's unlikely profit is a reason, they've actually raised the price on their 1:18 figures in the past 10 years, while their 1:12 figures have stayed the same price since 2013 (well, until this year anyway). This is despite manufacturing costs raising up since 2015.
>>
File: she hulk mu.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>9466266
forgot my pic

It was actually better engineered than MLs at the time too.
>>
>>9466266
Only things that sucked about Microman is the cost (after import) and that plastic they use goes brittle and shatters easily after about 6 years
>>
>>9467415
Only the Millennium stuff. I have a lot of the OG Microman figures I got in Japan and somehow those hold up way better.
>>
File: microman trainer.jpg (76 KB, 519x580)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>9467415
The Microman relaunch in the 00s was sold in KB and was actually pretty cheap. I remember them being $6 or there about. Two packs were maybe $12. I think licensed figures were $20 for two.
It was pricey compared to the GI Joe 2 packs, but it was a hell of a deal for what you got.

Just look at this. It's still better than modern MLs, most modern japanese lines, and it's only 1:18 scale.

>>9467440
>somehow those hold up way better.
I bought mine directly from Takara a year before they came out in the US and they snapped basically right out of the box. Complete bootleg quality, so they just randomly broke. And they didn't just break at a joint or other thin part. They fucking broke right in the middle of a solid piece. Completely random where they broke.
I also bought Japanese-only figures, btw. So none of it was manufactured for the US release.
I can't emphasize enough that the transparent plastic ones were shit, because only these broke. The opaque ones were fine.
>>
File: mY sENTINELS.jpg (39 KB, 589x432)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>9463179
I am a multi size collector and I have most of those. Collecting multiple sizes offers possibilities.
But they just don't see that as a marketing idea.
>>
>>9466266
>The only reason Hasbro moved away from 1:18 is simply to funnel its fans into buying the more expensive figures for more revenue.
Why are you a navel-gazing retard who thinks you can speak for Hasbro while being completely wrong? If people were buying them in sufficient quantity, they would continue to sell them. ESPECIALLY today when shipping prices have gone from about $3k per container to over $30k.

SO MANY mouth breathing knuckle dragging morons here who just whine and bitch and act like "experts" when you completely ignore ALL facts that don't support your bullshit theories or wishes.

It's the cost of LABOR that killed this line. Assembling the articulation added to the overall cost, and before the line died it was $14 to $16 per figure, sitting next to a $20 6-inch Marvel Legend. How many times do you insipid retards need to be told that the Gift-Givers and kids are the biggest market, NOT us, the adult collectors? Just because YOU bought them doesn't mean they sold enough to justify production.

Fucking hell, you're surrounded by information but choose to be willfully ignorant about your own damn hobby. Look into what's actually involved in manufacturing these toys, along with every other aspect from licensing, distribution, etc.

A super articulated 3.75in line is just not retail-friendly, period. Costs have dramatically changed.
>>
>>9468025
>completely wrong
>implications that Hasbro didn't purposely sabotage the line while raising prices, while increasing production of MLs
fuck off, ignorant retard.

$12, from $10 the year before, while losing torso and wrist articulation.

It's as plain as day what Hasbro was doing.
>>
>>9468033
At least most of the good stuff on the roster got made. I think they did need an updated silver surfer though.
>>
File: im2 drones.jpg (63 KB, 500x332)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>9468126
I almost agree with you, but they had started cheaping out on some great characters/designs like Thunderstrike, Rage, 90s Daredevil.
Then there's all the lost opportunities.
it's just unforgivable.

There's a ton of stuff that they could still WOULD have been made, that will never get made in ML scale, because of how the 1:18 lines was handled and who was in charge of these toylines.
>>
File: 1348879353158.jpg (546 KB, 1000x750)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>9468136
I would buy those in 6 inch like they were the cure to impotence....
>>
>>9468025
Why u gotta be so mean? We’re just talking about old toys?
>>
>>9459869
Hasbro is sucking the teat of the O-ring joe boys.
That and the 6inchers which I don't dislike - I just don't care about.
Well articulated older versions of Cloak and Dagger,, Some Thor stuff, and an Alpha flight line with a Civie and Vindicator Heather would be great.
>>
File: E4353-Avengers-3.75IN.jpg (55 KB, 420x502)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Here's your new 3.75 Marvel Universe figures, bro.
>>
>>9459869
3" is best with vehicles and big characters
>>
>>
>>9474971
>>
>>9474971
My collection. I was a bit of a latecomer to the party so I picked up these on the aftermarket.
>>
>>9474971
I need a Jonny storm.
>>
>>9474971
Backside if your curious.
>>
>>9474982

You can think TV censors for that. HERBIE was created to replace Johnny Storm since they feared kids would set themselves on fire trying to imitate him.
>>
File: hazardous.jpg (213 KB, 1280x960)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>9459869
I'd be happy with this if they update the MU with at least Joe 25th Anni level engineering. Granted, the Cap I'm using here is from the movie and all the movie 1/18s had those weird fucked up hips. But he's really not that fun to mess around with. Great look though.
>>
>>9475245
Wrong.
>>
>>9474971
>>9474975
>He puts his accessories in a metal lunchbox
I think I have a lunchbox filled with Joe accesories
>>
>>9475422
I'm hoping my girlfriend goes in on the Lost SkeletonLunchbox
- so I will have the lunchbox
AND I can put some joes in it.
>>
>>9474982
Wasn't he dead in that time? You need Future Foundation Spider-man.
>>
>>9474982
>>9474984

Johnny's easy to find. He had a single card release and was part of the Secret Wars series.

The only reason to get that three pack, was Sue as Invisible Woman never got a single card release nor was she available in a two pack (as Ben, Reed, and Johnny were also part of the Secret Wars two pack series)
>>
Anyone got a master list of the Marvel Universe line? Been meaning to pick up some to fill in the gaps of my collection and there are a couple of figures I don't recall 100% if they were ever made part of the line (like Polaris, Emma Frost, and Tigra).
>>
>>9475409
>Gee Steve, you’re mum let’s you have two shields!?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.