[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dark-ages-spawn-26-2004.jpg (114 KB, 683x1024)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Previous >>9432085

What's a Spawn figure besides Al that you most want to see get in the new Spawn line?

I'd like to see a modern articulated Manga Spawn, Nightmare Spawn or a Spawn the Black Knight
>>
>>9456937
How big is the Haslab Rancor compared to the new Violator which is rather similar in build? Do we have a means to tell?
>>
>>9456980
The one in the throne that got teased piqued my interest. If it's the one with the crown of horns that I'm thinking of, it might be pretty cool.
Agreed on Nightmare.
>>
>>9456980
Very much want medieval spawn.
>>
>>9457175
Seems highly likely as long as the line continues
>>
>>9457175
hopefully its not the fatass modern version with the gay little shark fin
>>
>>9457861
Ugh.. you're right. That design is pretty unlikable. The helmet looks too much like Dr.Fate and the fin makes no sense.
>>
File: Redeemer.jpg (70 KB, 480x545)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
The original Redeemer
>>
Oh Todd...
>>
Fecal smudge is equal to facial hair right?
>>
>>9458113
>>9458110
This is why I collect only masked figures and monsters from McFarlane.
>>
>>9457003
Would a star wars black figure with violator suffice?
>>
>>9458110
This new trend of eyes looking to the side is terrible. Otherwise Montoya looks pretty solid.
>>
>>9458429
>Montoya looks pretty solid.
He does not
>>
>>9456980
>What's a Spawn figure besides Al that you most want to see get in the new Spawn line?
Pic related.
>>
>>9458431
What do you think looks off about it?

>>9458448
He was featured in some recent artwork, and Todd said basically that all characters in the book (I assume that doesn't exclude covers) will likely eventually get figures.
>>
>>9458110
Whats the obsession with Sideeye in painters now
>>
>>9458455
I assume Curse of the is coming, I just really want him soon. Already pleased as punch that I got my boy Raven Spawn friggin wave 1. Also this summabitch.
>>
>>9458448
literally best spawn
>>
>>9458590
The only one whose life arguably improved from becoming a spawn was Mandarin, so that's my favorite one.
>>
>>9458110
This looks like if Inigo Montoya was a Fortnite character
>>
File: ZombieSpawn.jpg (113 KB, 647x800)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>9456980
>What's a Spawn figure besides Al that you most want to see get in the new Spawn line?

Mother Fuckin' Zombie Spawn.
>>
>>9456980
Mother Fuckin hanged Spawn
>>
>>9458629
I wish they'd make the version of his design from issue 165. Looks far better than the other designs imo.
>>
>>9458906
If Twitter found out about this figure now...
>>
>>9458955
The armor does, but he seems a bit bulky compared to the OG toy design which was more lean.
>>9458960
They made some coomer toys which I don't think would fly today.
>>
>>9458113
Why does he have a neckbeard?
>>
File: mandarin.jpg (83 KB, 384x591)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>9458955
He looks totally different on the cover, though, and the cover looks way more like the figures.
>>
>>9458978
Those were less coomer, and way more extremely edgy horror stuff.
>>
>>9459003
You think you know coomers, but you don't.
>>
>>9458955
>>9458997
Is Mandarin Spawn proof of the assertions of those like Scott Nietlich that adult collectors only make up a ~20% niche of toy buyers?

The original Mandarin Spawn was one of the most beloved Spawn figures in 1999, because of the absolutely exquisite sculpting and paint apps on the figure. Not only that but its cost was around $10 then, or around $16 with inflation today. So popular was it that it received multiple repaints. Today such a figure with its amount of paint apps would cost upwards of 40 dollars due to cost increases in manufacturing. By this point McFarlane had mostly moved to comic and specialty shops to sell his figures and away from the general department store aisles of Kmart, Ames, Walmart and the like.

However, in 2020 when McFarlane Toys brought back this collector classic as a more highly articulated and still well-sculpted figure, one would expect sales would be high. But at least one difference was afoot--this Mandarin Spawn was sold in department stores like Walmart and Target, able to reach a wider audience. Yet surprisingly it pegwarmed and can be found for as little as 9.99 discounted today and yet this figure does not sell well even at that price.

Some might point to the lesser paint apps on the figure, but a deluxe edition with ample paint apps came out exclusive to GameStop and pegwarms there as well. One might say its price at $40 and later $35 is prohibitive, but collectors are now accustomed to being forced to pay high prices for well-painted figures compared to the veritable smorgasbord of well-painted, cheap figures available in the late '90s and early 2000s. Yet still Mandarin Spawn does not sell.

Could it be that Mandarin Spawn in '99 was actually just a legend in collectors' minds, but when exposed to department store general audiences, it is not to their liking and cannot sell in the mass market, proving the 80-20 rule (that the toy market is 80% parents/kids and only 20% collectors) true?
>>
>>9459108
I think the new Mandarin Spawn was may be exceedingly abundant. The Blue one I only saw twice, and seemed to sell out VERY quickly. The standard one can still be found, but I thought the Deluxe one was kind of hard to find? I think people were turned off by the lack of paint and detail, even on the deluxe, but at the same time, I feel like the regular line is doing fine, and I seem to see them disappear off of shelves while Mandarin still sticks around.
>>
>>9459108
It was a pretty noteworthy piece when it came out. For current standards? Not so much.
Add to that the relatively niche pool of collectors for that kind of stuff, and the changing fads even among said collectors, and it's like trying to pull the same trick on the audience twice.
I will say however, the original figger is still superior to both of the new variants imo.
>>
>>9459140
The blue one is Walmart exclusive and can be bought on walmart.com right now. The Gamestop exclusive is at their website for 35 now as well. Both have yet to sell out online.

Anyway I wonder if the aesthetic is too "weird" for a normal audience
>>
>>9459108
Going to comic cons around the country, 99% of the people buying the collector toys are adults.
The only time i see any sort of mix of kids and adults is for gaming shit. Could be Warhammer or NECA's HeroClix stuff, and there will always be a line of kids and adults 100% of the time.
Its rare to see kids lining up to buy some Hasbro, Mezco, NECA, Bandai, Good Smile, or whoever else sells exclusives in US conventions.

That said, McFarlane wasn't niche back in the day. He had Walmarts, KBs, TRUs, and KMarts selling his toys. Without a doubt, that's at least 95% children buying McFarlane Toys toys in the 90s, because even today adult collectors still only make up 10-25% of toy sales and places like Walmarts and Targets only want to carry stuff that sells in the mid-100ks to millions.
i can't say whether that applies to the collector sections in the back in today's Walmarts and Targets. Who knows what deals they've got to carry those figures. We know that with NECA its consignment sales (Target/Walmart pay NECA only if the goods actually sell), but who knows with Bandai or McFarlane.
>>
>>9459400
>Going to comic cons around the country, 99% of the people buying the collector toys are adults.
...Anon, kids don't go to comic cons. I don't know about you but when I was a kid I didn't even know comic cons existed. When I was a teen I heard about them in Wizard magazine but wouldn't actually ever go to one.
>>
>>9459750
This. I didn't go to my first con until I was in high school. And only because my friend and I were into the same things and his Dad took us.
>>
>>9459750
>same convention
>mix of adults and kids lining up to buy HeroClix exclusives
>99% of just adults lining up to buy Hasbro exclusives
Pokemon cards, just plain old dice, booths selling a mixture of action figures and RPG shit, model/hotwheel cars, video game booths (especially company booths like blizzard or squaresoft), also have a shitload of kids crowding around them, if not lined up.
This is across the US, btw, and i hit up a lot of the major conventions.
>I don't know about you but when I was a kid I didn't even know comic cons existed. When I was a teen I heard about them in Wizard magazine
Funny, because i was 10 when i went to my first convention and always wondered why Wizard magazine wouldn't advertise local shit, since a lot of conventions never advertised with Wizard.
>>9459759
I'm including teens with my observations. Unless they're some hairy as fuck 16 year old or balless castrato, it's usually pretty easy to tell kids from adults apart.

Oh, and the few times i have seen a lot of kids in line for some collector toy was for Halo shit. Joyride, McFarlane, and MegaBloks. It should go without saying that LEGOs are popular as fuck with kids at SDCC.
Seriously, i've seen those weapon booths selling shitty swords and airsoftshit with more kids than some booth selling Star Wars figures for cheap (and I'm talking Rogue One Stormtroopers for $10 here).
>>
>>9461313
Maybe modern conventions with all the "creepy" old dudes who still like toys scare off kids? Have we stolen action figure conventions from kids by existing? I for one think this is a good thing if so, kids should not get into potential hoarding materialism. Once you do its too late.
>>
>>9461737
As a person who has been going to conventions for over 30 years, kids have always gone to conventions, with at least 25% of convention goers being under 17. The biggest difference between the 90s and now is that there's more females.
00ish-08ish, i think there were probably as many teenage girls as there were adult males. Fucking weebs.
After that, either those teenage girls kept coming to conventions as they aged or just more women started coming to comic con, but also more adult males started coming too (or male convention goers kept coming as they aged). Definitely seeing entire families coming.

With corona, there's been no real convention season and i went to like one last year. This year there's been a few more. So i don't really see much of a difference, other than the fact that people are way less friendly, thanks to masks and distancing. Way less people too.
>I for one think this is a good thing if so, kids should not get into potential hoarding materialism. Once you do its too late.
Kids have always been hoarders. My elementary school was into Marvel trading cards. In HS it was magic shit. Magic, yugioh, and pokemon was definitely a thing in the 00s. But that's just cards.
With kids having toys.... Kids play with them and have entire chests filled with them. Every single kid I've known has had at least one mountain worth of toys. Can you really count that as hoarding?

I think that there is one thing everyone forgets is that collector toys and exclusives, it's almost always aimed at adults. So it's a character kids don't know and is likely why they ignore that shit. Kids don't give a shit about 80s TMNT, 80s He-Man, 80s Ghostbusters, outdated 80s-style toys, and other complete whos to kids.
I think Spawn toys were as popular as it was in the 90s was because McFarlane just made shit kids wanted to see. Completely made up shit just for toys, like ninja spawn, manga spawn, commando spawn, generic monsters, & other cool edgy shit that attracts kids.
>>
>>9462500
Holy shit Subby why are you shitting in every fucking thread?
>>
>>9458978
>They made some coomer toys which I don't think would fly today.
Why's the left so sexually backwards now? Theyre the new conservative puritans in the way they act now
>>
>>9463350
Get your head checked you retard
>>
>>9463400
The political spectrum isn't a line or square grid, it's a circle or sphere. When you go so extreme on one end, you end up with ideas similar to the other extreme on the other end.
>>
Are the rest of Angela's sexy angel people still owned by Todd? Coiuld we get figures of any of them or did they go along to Marvel as well?
>>
>>9464101
Walmart and Target wouldn't carry them in this political climate most likely. Lilith, Domina, the Lotus Warrior Angel and others already had partly censored versions for mass market distro. I can only imagine how hard the hammer would come down if they even tried to make an accurate version of one of the other ones now.
>>
>>9458978
I had bathroy, rasputin and some other guy from this line. Makes me miss places like suncoast.
>>
>>9464101
Angela went to Marvel and is Thor's sister or cousin now.
I haven't seen the rest mentioned in a long time.
It'd be nice to get an updated Tiffany but in 2021 I'm not sure if these kinds of figures could be made, at least in the west.
>>
>>9464281
There was a reference to Angela in one of the issues leading up to 300, some bartender had that name and he said it sounded familiar. But yeah, they can't use that character anymore.
>>
>>9464291
How are trade paperbacks made?
>>
>>9464340
they print them in a printing shop
>>
>>9464340
IIRC they've only omitted Chapel in TPBs for some reason. Or at least that's the case with one of the editions I have. Angela's in it.
>>9464361
kek
>>
>>9464392
If its chapel it may be due to that lunk head selling the youngblood rights. God what a tale of stupidity he was.
>>
>>9464392
he's in the big ass omnibus, and so is Angela.
>>
id reccomend buying her shes one of my favorite figured i bought all year
>>
>>9464445
oh, nice
>>
>>
>>9464281
Marvel itself produced an Angela, they can be made, and she's hot as hell, Todd has 0 excuses to not produce a Tiffany
>>
>>9465662
>2017
Unironically a different time. Figures like this will be getting more and more scarce, especially as the source material itself evolves to be less sexualized.
I mean shit, look at the MK11 female designs compared to the MK9 ones.
But it would be nice if they could bring back some of the female angel designs, provided they can do that.
>>
>>9464651
I like how they put things on sale for less than a day and expect people to find them
>>
Chances Dark Redeemer actually comes in on 11-25 at Gamestop?
>>
>>9465635
>jesus on the cross sword
............ want.
>>
File: hoof.jpg (187 KB, 1280x720)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
I wanna see more of The Adventures of Spawn. Ya know, that cheesy Saturday morning cartoon version they did once?

Anyway, saw Hoof in Wal Mart tonight. Looks like they're shipping the grey and red versions in equal amounts. Not really sure which looks better...
>>
>>9465635
>>9466372
Is Azrael a lunatic?
>>
>>9465975
I found this on amazon
>>
>>9466372
Then i found this on mcfarlanes store. Neither is $12 but $15 seems ok to try it out.
>>
>>9466384
Unfortunately McFarlane store shipping will make that cost even more than the amazon one
>>
File: azrael quesada.jpg (163 KB, 788x788)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>9466375
old one? Yes, hence being the villain for Knight's End.

New one? WHO?

Does DC still hold a grudge against Quesada or are we actually getting real Azrael figures now?
>>
File: Violatorfren.jpg (263 KB, 964x752)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
What an absolute unit of a monster. I knew he was big, but holy shit you can smell your money's worth of plashtic when you open it.

On the dangerous side, can he even keep a fully standing pose like this long term? The joints are sturdy, but being so top heavy and with so many points of articulation in the legs it looks like he's very prone to eventually get out of balance from elastic deformation. I've already had a couple controlled falls testing it, and putting this thing on a shelf seems like a serious accident waiting to happen. I just got it yesterday.
>>
>>9466650
He's definitely a big boy. Just got mine yesterday as well and left it on the coffee table over night. Came down to find it on the ground.

He seems pretty stable so I'm not sure what failed for him to fall, but I'll definitely be using a stand of some type if I pose him long-term.

Also, after getting this guy, I really want a standard non-beefcake version of Violator, or even some of the other brothers.
>>
>>9466374
ETA when Canada will see them?
>>
>>9466650
I received mine last week. I was floored with his weight and height. I have him somewhat in an upright position using his left arm leverage so that he cannot fall backwards. He's been in that position without any movements for the past week so I'll continue to use his arm in future poses if I get a nervous feeling about him tipping.
>>
>>9466374
>I wanna see more of The Adventures of Spawn. Ya know, that cheesy Saturday morning cartoon version they did once
Honestly, same, I feel like spawn has the same built in malleability tmnt has but it's not something Todd likes to play around with much. Edgy Spawn works, it always has, but just like with similarly edgy franchises (gears of war being the best example I can think of) the constant bleakness and hyperviolence can get tiring.
>>
>>9466374
>Looks like they're shipping the grey and red versions in equal amounts. Not really sure which looks better...
For my money, I'd say the red skinned one looks best. It looks like a roided up battle beast. Is the dragon any good?
>>
>>9465662
>still no miracleman/marvelman figures
I fucking hate neil gaiman so much.
>>
>>9464101
>>9464291
It makes me wonder what obscure characters are left waiting in the wings of Spawn continuity. Did Todd even get any worthwhile license from his purchase of Eclipse in the end?
>>
>>9464112
I could see him selling them off his site though.
>>
>>9466852
Marvelman in the MCU when?
>>
>>9466862
god that would be horrible, with how they've mishandled the likes of thor and cap, seeing them butcher marvelman really would be something else. Thing is there are too many powerhouses for them to butcher instead. The most obscure I could see them go is Omega the Unknown.
>>
>>9466866
That's the thing. I want to see the butchery. Imagine, if you will, the butthurt generated by him appearing in Captain Marvel 2(The Marvels) as the bad guy because he wants to create a totalitarian utopia and then gets his butt kicked by Carol and her friends
>>
>>9466879
"le ebil huwite man" makes sense if they're going to set up kamala in that one. I feel like there's already too much of that in the disney plus shows though. If they're going to double down on the PC autism, they'll have to do something more than just "white man =hitler".
>>
File: GraveDiggerCC-spawn-8.jpg (179 KB, 810x945)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>9456980
>>
>>9456980
I would kill for a new version of Viper Spawn. Crazy design.
>>
>>9466650
>you can smell your money's worth of plashtic when you open it.
>>
>>9466860
Question is whether he'd be able to get enough sales that way to make it worth it. I'd buy.
>>
>>9466650
>>9467334
I fucking love this figure. I cannot wait to get the bloody variant as well.
>>
>>9466858
Eclipse had a great line up, airboy being a real standout for me, but i dont know if they were creator owned or licensed etc. More than toys now im curious why todd aint printing up omnibuses of eclipse books.

Ill never get marvelman vol 3 since its like $90 used.
>>
>>9467229
What would even be the backstory of such a spawn?
I'm guessing some kind of Egyptian nobility, at least going off of Diablo lore for example.
Total mystery.
>>
File: Spawn Characters.jpg (981 KB, 2140x1288)
981 KB
981 KB JPG
>>9456980
Plus any villains from the comic.
>>
>>9467403
I assumed Egyptian backstory when I first saw the figure. At this point, I'm not too worried as to why this particular Spawn exists, I just want an updated version.
>>
>>9467410
The Curse is great. This new "Soul Crusher" kind of comes off as an unnecessary ripoff of him with iron man tech.
>>
>>9467423
I dig the post-apocalyptic vibe soul crusher has but the curse is a classic. They'll probably make a remake at some point along with the Freak.
>>
>>9467423
I just kinda want pre-Spawn 100 versions of the characters.
>>
>>9466650
If nothing else get a storm collectibles stand, those damn could probably make posing a cement block a reality
>>
>>9466427
>>
>>9465662
>>9464281
Per the statement of the settlement with Gaiman Todd cannot use or depict any angels resembling Angela in his comics, so he is not allowed to do a Tiffany figure or anything else.
>>
>>9467560
redesign angels and make them look like big titty elfs in bikini armor duhhhhh

maybe todd can add some fuckin wings to his angels this time
>>
Pic related
>>
>>9467658
Would fuck. Hard.
>>
>>9467658
>Spawn!
>With horns!

Woooow!
>>
>>9467658
Is he still alive in the comic?
>>
>>9467677
Didn't Plague Spawn kill him? I can't remember, but I'm sure he could come back, for being as powerful as he was hyped up to be he didn't seem very strong, or Plague is just absurdly strong.
Very few dead characters stay dead for good in Spawn.
>>
>>9467700
>Very few dead characters stay dead for good in Spawn.
Yeah thats one of the things that put me off to it in the late 90s after I had followed it for awhile. I kind of expected that it was going to be different than sillier comics where characters die and can come back tons of times with retcons or convoluted means. At least for the angels/demons that is. I would expect that say a human dying could be shown again in heaven or hell for example which Kincaid was. But I expected that was basically the limit of it. If Violator or a random angel was killed I expected them to stay dead.
>>
>>9467715
Let me try to think of casualties. Overtkill was destroyed multiple times, and Cy-Gor was killed, and now they're both zombies. Redeemer 1 was beat and never came back in that form. I believe Redeemer 2 was killed and never came back. Redeemer 3 became an ally, and is currently Reaper. And now there's also a new Redeemer with the coins/medallions over his eyes. Nyx died and now there's a new She-Spawn. Soul Crusher just died, but it seemed like he had tech that made him strong, and he never had a face, so he's easy to bring back as someone else under the mask. I'm pretty sure all the lesser demons and angels that died stayed dead.

I don't personally mind it too much, but one thing that the Spawn world has going for it as an excuse to bring back characters is that a lot of those characters are Hellspawns and Redeemers, and can have a legacy. For example Medieval died in the far past, but now his spirit resides in the armor, allowing a new character to be Medieval Spawn. Or She-Spawn having them mantle passed. Even Spawn himself, for a time.

I know killing characters creates stakes and drama, but when the story isn't succinct and has a defined beginning and end, to kill off a character feels like throwing away or destroying a toy in your toy box. Once it's gone you're not able to reach back in the box and grab it when you feel like playing with it again. If there never was another Redeemer, there'd have to be a new angel warrior created, so why not stick with Redeemer itself rather than creating a new one that's functionally the same except with a different name, especially when it's established that the designs can change. I still miss Redeemer 1 (I'm not calling him Anti-Spawn) because it really did feel like the antithesis of Spawn.
>>
>>9467658
>>9467700
I thought Omega Spawn was just the villain for that anniversary crossover that was never finished, and therefore probably not canon.
>>
>>9467842
wat. He was in a bunch of mainbook Spawn issues around early 300s, I just never caught whether he survived or died
>>
Hey I hope this isn’t considered spamming if I only posted this question in the Warhammer thread. Anyways, I tried disassembling this guy a few months ago and struggled with reconnecting his leg. I gave up for a while but I want to try and fix it. I’m nervous that I’ll crack/break any part of it though. Does anyone have any tips for me. The peg is too thicc for the loop and the actual internal rotation is in there real good too. Thank you.
>>
>>9467842
He came back, with a bunch of other spawns, when Al caused some kind of dimensional/time rift with a powerful blast.
I don't know what happened in the crossover issues as I never read them, but here he's apparently from space and like 30+ ft tall.
>>9467856
Last I checked he's dead as plague spawn finished him off, or more likely Cogliostro as he was in that pit that Plague dragged Omega in. I guess he siphoned off his power which is why Cog is so powerful now.
But I'm at like issue 322 so I'm not sure if something hasn't happened since then.
>>
File: Spawn-00b.jpg (331 KB, 663x1019)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>9467723
>And now there's also a new Redeemer with the coins/medallions over his eyes.
That's Redeemer 3. He alternates between his Reaper and regular form.
As for Soul Crusher, it seems like they were heading somewhere with that character and it's still unclear who he is or what his motivations are, nor how he has all of those WW1 masks and other equipment so I expect them to explore that more in the future.
I don't think he's permanently dead yet.
Moreover, he had a toy so I'm assuming they have something planned with that character.
He's a bit like their evil equivalent of Batman so I'd be surprised if he doesn't come back.
>>
>>9467893
Not sure desu. This might be helpful
https://youtu.be/xw4TdnZDVfg
>>
File: New Redeemer.png (1.77 MB, 1184x869)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>9467920
Funny you say that, because it wasn't clear who he was. He just showed up out of nowhere, but it was actually clarified at the back of issue 3 of King Spawn and he's confirmed to be a separate character entirely. See pic related.
>>
>>9467928
Ahh, I see. Haven't read that issue yet but I just assumed it's an aged up Eddie due to the heaven symbiote's effect.
I guess it's someone connected to Haunt somehow.
Speaking of which, I'm wondering if they plan to revive that series.
>>
>>9467931
it could still technically be eddie switching between his 2 personas and them just wanting to do a twist, but I doubt it
>>
>>9467931
Could be related to Haunt, but according to that excerpt he's also the one who met up with Gunslinger, which makes that his first appearance. Given that Reaper is seemingly permanent (if we take everything at face value) and that Redeemer is in the first Scorched team, maybe he's the catalyst for the team's creation. He's already met up with 2 characters that will likely appear in that book, with Gunslinger confirmed and Haunt seemingly a likely candidate. And that line from Todd about everyone on the team having been burnt, maybe his "burns" will be from holy fire. Maybe even self inflicted, burning his own eyes or something.

Either way, in figure form that's a repaint with a new head I'd be willing to buy.
>>
>>9467942
As soon as I saw the Reaper transformation I thought "yeah, they're doing it to make a toy". It's not a bad design tbqh so I wouldn't mind.
The new head should've just been an accessory to the already released Redeemer but I digress.
I reckon that Dr. Fate looking dude that showed up in King Spawn #1 is also a potential figure. Haven't read the rest of the issues but he seemed intriguing in a Pumpkinhead "you get what you wish for" kind of way.
>>
>>9467920
Sometimes characters get toys just as they die to put a bookend on it because they know no one will want a toy like 3 years down the line after their death. No idea though. I feel like he was wasted if they just brought him in to kill him that fast.
>>
>>9466650
Love the figure except the ratchet joints on mine's ankles have already loosened up, so it's all straight up vanilla poses for me until I can get a proper stand.
>>
The Toddster needs to let a Japanese company make a Spawn so there's at least one good figure of him.
>>
>>9468203
Plenty of bad figmas and revoltechs out there
>>
>>9468203
Did I ever tell you the story about how Todd invented the revoltech joint?
>>
File: Daaku Redeamaru.jpg (30 KB, 431x460)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>Try to have your figgers out by Black Friday
>Shipping crates say No and eat them
>>
>>9468442
Sure, but the good ones absolutely dumpster anything made by domestic companies like McF.

Try comparing Storm MK toys to McF MK toys. Night and day.
>>
>>9468577
At 70-100 bucks for 1/12th that nots hard to do.
>>
>>9468588
Yeah, and that's what we are asking for.

Import-quality Spawn. Lots of collectors are willing to pay those prices.
>>
>>9468590
Probably why this hobby is insane. Too many rich people willing to pay too much for plastic crap.
>>
>>9459108
Not even this complex. The old design was just way better.
>>
>>9468700
The differences are too subtle for the average consumer of today to notice
>>
>>9464651
It's this figure wearing underpants on her head?
I can't unsee it
>>
>>9468590
I've always been on the opinion that they should strike some kind of deal with, say, figma, and make articulated versions of the most popular characters, while McF continues to make more statue-esque figures.
Because I know people who prefer the statues, myself included, so it would be nice to have options.
Right now they're in this middle point and I think the stuff they're making is ok, but I was always against going into ML territory to begin with.
There's only so much you can pull off in an articulated 20$ toy.
But you can make some pretty cool stuff with less articulation at the same price range.
>>
>>9468963
Seems fitting thant in the 41st millennium a pair of panties can withstand a tank shell.
>>
>>9468974
>strike some kind of deal with, say, figma
But we want the figures to be better articulated than McFarlane's output
>>
>>9469023
And that's my point, unless you're implying figmas aren't.
I guess you can replace figma with revo or mafex or whatever else you want.
But ultimately, it's nice to have options and these days, all of the companies have become too samey.
>>
>>9469023
I'm trying to think of an import company I'd actually want to make a Spawn, and outside of a stylized AY/Revoltech one, I don't think I really want to see any of them try. SC would be another but I'd expect it to be more stylized again.
>>
>>9469050
Totally agree on them being too stylized which is why I never collected much of them. Some of the releases, like say Carnage, work well enough, but others not so much. It's really a mixed bag.
I think Mafex would be a better option for Spawn in particular.
>>
>>9469068
It would be interesting as a "what if", but with most imports, you can tell the eastern influence in the design immediately, and I never cared much for that.
>>
File: twinning.jpg (1.16 MB, 2608x3574)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
Got a new camera today and been testing out a couple of photos of my Mcfarlane toys. I definitely need to learn how to take better shots, but for now it is what it is.
>>
File: violatingslinger.jpg (1.62 MB, 3078x4250)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>9469224
One of my favourite figures to date. He's just a fucking beast.
>>
File: lordspawn.jpg (100 KB, 838x1099)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>9469224
>>9469228
Anyone have any general quick tips on snapping more clean photos? I'm kind of new to the whole ordeal.
>>
>>9469044
>unless you're implying figmas aren't.
That is the implication, yes
>>
>>9469254
well first make sure everything is on manual settings.
Set the ISO to 100, or 50 if it supports that, This will get rid of the film grain.
Make sure you have proper lighting, no flash, only static lighting, look up "Three point lighting"
Check out the graph i linked
and lastly invest in a tripod, your hand holding will shake the camera no matter how steady you are, and itll blur the results.
>>
>>9469228
Todd used to make a lot of huge figures like this, and back then they weren't double the price of the regular ones
>>
>>9469529
yes they were
>>
>>9469050
Medicom made a 1/6 RAH, a vinyl figure and kubricks.
>>
>>9469429
Thanks for the information, anon, I really appreciate it!

>>9469529
I'm okay with the pricing on figures that size since they're not too common.
>>
>>9469669
I don't mean the weird 12 inchers from waves 1-2 if that is what you mean. More like Cyber Violator.
>>
>>9472204
okay well the current violator you referred to in the first place is 3.5lbs and not comparable to that.
>>
>>9472500
Cyber Manga Violator is about 10 inches stranding reasonably with the spikes facing forward (rather than straight up like in that pic or this one), and around 12 inches or so with the legs at max. Todd's website's promo for the modern Violator says he's about 9 inches which seems to be a bit of an underestimate to me given what I've seen of him in reviews though.

Not sure on the weight of CMV though, it's probably around 1.5 lbs from what I can tell lifting him but he won't set off a scale--I'm sure modern Violator is heavier.

I don't think they're that widely different though given that info. They're both fuckhuge. Probably CMV would be a $40 Deluxe if released today while Violator is a $50 Megafig just due to the extra weight from the bulkier legs and arms.
>>
i got kotal khan today mkbros
>>
scale is kinda bullshit bc kotal khan is the same height as shao khan
>>
>>9475980
in game theyre the sane heigh and build*
>>
>>9475971
The MK stuff has always felt off whenever I dipped my toe in, but it's cool that it apparently has enough of a base to run this long. He looks pretty good.
>>
>>9475983
noob saibot is one of the best figures todd has ever made looks just like he does in the game, has great articulation sculpt and paint, right scale, and thigh swivel

most of the mks this year make my list of figures of the year between ML, DC multiverse, Warhammer, Witcher, and Spawn

i think the crappier mk figured are sub, scorpion, and liu. top 3 in the line id say shao, noob, and spawn
>>
>>9458647
Jonsie as Inigo Montoya
>>
>>9475971
>>9475980
Not a huge MK fan myself (the new movie was pretty decent), but these are nice figures.
>>
File: azvsbat.jpg (932 KB, 4294x2649)
932 KB
932 KB JPG
Been playing around with a couple of figures. The Gold Label Azrael is one of my favourite looking figures. I lack the information on the character himself--either way he must be cool. Also, I am open to suggestions, both in posing and photography, as I am getting the hang of things.
>>
File: maleandnec.jpg (1.04 MB, 3908x2765)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>9477249
I'll be honest, I only purchased the Flayed One since he looked so damn unique. He has some pretty decent articulation and I absolutely love his decaying look and Freddy type nails. The Malefik Spawn has a unique flair to his overall costume; awesome design.
>>
>>9477249
I wasn't too sure about this Batman at first but now I'd say it's one of my favorite designs ever.
He really stands out when you put him alongside others.
>>
>>9477264
Complete agreement, anon. I was sitting on the fence with this Batman for such a long time and then one day up and ordered him. I'm glad I did too, he turned out to be a wonderful addition alongside the rest.
>>
>>9477249
>>9477259
lmao these poses, pure Mcfartlane.
>>
>>9477341
Care to elaborate or do you just detest McFarlane in general?
>>
>>9477259
>>9477264
I like to think of him as a modern Vampire Hunter Batman myself. This is Batman if he's ever out on a European. adventure fighting Vampires and other monsters. Waiting for some NECA/7'' Monsters to pose him with.
>>
>>9477360
>modern vampire hunter batman
honestly nailed it.
>>
>>9477345
They just look incredibly stiff and awkward when you try to pose them "dynamically".

>Batman
Looks like he fell over
>Spawn
What's that leg even doing and why is he trying to hide himself with his flames?
>Azrael
Looks like he's feeling himself at a Karaoke performace

The Necron is ok because there isn't a ton of sculpt blocking his movements.
>>
>>9477369
It could just be me? I'm only getting use to posing figures recently.

Azarel is supposed to be leaping into the air.
Batman is supposed to be sliding on the ground.
Spawn is just posing, leg mishap is on me.
Necron is supposed to be crunched and assessing the situation.

I need to fine tune the positions, so I appreciate you pointing out the faults.
>>
>>9477369
>blames the toy for admittedly bad posing
>>
>>9477705
Are my poses really that terrible? kek
>>
>>9456980
Is this Spawn Lee, the semi statue man?
>>
File: Redeemer and Spawn.png (1.13 MB, 590x911)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
Redeemer doesn't look nearly as cool this time. Got some good hair though, but if we do get the unmasked head, I'm hoping for the gold coins.
>>
>>9477810
Unless they're different. Or he's aging rapidly or something, what with the beard and moustache and longer hair.
>>
>>9477705
I never see these toys in GOOD poses though, there's none in this entire thread. Seems like it's just difficult to do.
>>
>>9477826
The statues are posed well
>>9467423
>>9456980
>>
kotalbros
>>
forgot to crop
>>
>>9478133
>>9478128
Where's his fuckin wheelchair?
>>
>>9478137
>>
>>9478133
>>9478202

You just gave me a fantastic and non-historically accurate idea
>>
File: RCO017_1468891995.jpg (2.35 MB, 1988x3056)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>9477810
It all depends on the artist desu. I'd say the king spawn book probably has the best of the current ones.
I wish Capullo could come back full time but he's too expensive of a commodity nowadays and MigDonald is too busy.
>>
>>9478934
Early Spawn looks so bad if you go back to it these days.
>>
>>9480015
doesnt go bankrupt unlike idw
>>
>>9467229
>>9467403

why is he missing a tooth
>>
>>9480015
I do not agree.
>>
>>9480015
Early Capullo sucked, yes. Still don't care for his work, but he's much better nowadays than back then. McFarlane's work on the first 10 issues was great, so be more specific.
>>
>>9480269
>Early Capullo sucked, yes.
>>
>>9480015
It has soul; I'll take it over big two superstars these days like Clay Mann who just trace poser models. I wish American comics stuck more to detailed but exaggerated artwork like this instead of being either cartoony hipstershit or ultra realistic so much of the time.
>>
Am I lucky that I like the old 90s McFarlane Toys and they're still very affordable so I can get ones I never had--or am I cursed because they'll never be worth anything because for some reason other people don't like or collect them?
>>
>>9480457
If you enjoy it you win. Im gonna get myself a Heap soon. I got cygor 2 a while backand it blows my mind, thing is older than half this website and it looks better than almost anything on shelves.
>>
>Some people in McFarlane general not liking Capullo, instead liking >>9477810
>>9477815
lol wut
>>
>>9480467
The Heap always reminds me of an ancient fansite that extolled how many possible minor variations on the figure there were just due to all the places they could glue the optional pieces of trash that are a part of the figure:

http://home.pcisys.net/~warstar/spawnlst/series12/series12.htm#heap

No idea if it's remotely true about just how much variation there is with the figure as far as the glued on bits but it makes for fun reading and if it is true then that's quite a unique and experimental figure.
>>
>>9480454
Early Image is where American comics lost their soul, actually. Prior to that indie comics were creator-driven and well-written and drawn. After Image the new trend was bad comics driven by the hunger for sales like Spawn and Youngblood. Sad time for the industry and ended up nearly killing comics for good since these comics didn't sell.
>>
>>9480602
what the hell is creative about comic books when its nothing but super hero bullshit
>>
>>9480610
Yes that's my point. Image crashed the market hard by steering everything towards superheroes. Every single title they published was superheroes and derived from the Marvel formula too. It was the death of the real indie scene. Didn't recover until decades later.
>>
>>9480637
let me get this straight, image is responsible for the popularity and dominance of batman and spiderman movies?
>>
>>9480640
Nobody's talking about movies. I'm talking about how the huge diversity of creator-owned indie titles in the US dwindled due to the comic book crash caused by Image and Marvel in 1994 which killed off most of the non-superhero publishers and many others tried to hop on the trend by cashing in with shitty superhero comics. And it was all because people thought Image comics were the new hotness.
>>
File: 1636290186974.jpg (232 KB, 1503x1065)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>9480602
>Image killed comics
>Not Marvel and DC
>>
>>9480650
wrong, disney killed toys r us not image
>>
why does spawn have so many shitty villains?

i aways expected demon ppl but theyre barely doing that now all the previous villains were lame fags like a ice cream vending chomo
>>
>>9480448
It's fine you can be wrong if you want.
>>
File: gunslinginglator.jpg (1.52 MB, 3946x3219)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
I've never had a figure before that could carry the weight of another figure and still stand perfectly. Kind of neat actually. (ignore flash)
>>
>>9480650
>>9480637
>>9480602
>>9480694
Comics crashed in 1996 because the speculator bubble bursted after people wised up and realized the comics made in mass production owned by people keeping them in good value will never be as valuable as golden age stuff that was made without the idea it'd have value.
Were their other reasons contributing to the problem?
Yeah of course
Too many variants, #1's, events, etc
Death and Return of Superman bit DC in the ass
Is Image part of the blame?
Ask people who used to be in charge of Valiant during it's peak and the remaining LCS' from the 90's about how Deathmate turned out
Image was infamously tardy when it came to releases (even worse than it is now) and the Deathmate fiasco was the cherry on top
One of the people in charge of Valiant had to fly to Liefeld's place and stay there until he got done with the issue
I love Image and the history even with all its flaws but holy fucking shit its a miracle they became what they are now let alone live long enough to see it
>>
>>9480764
Kincaid's been tied to demonic stuff
He is right now
>>
>>9481046
The speculator market was certainly the problem but the actual reason for the crash was more insidious. In the late 80s and early 90s Marvel had managed to boost themselves to the point where they were putting out record sales with stuff like McFarlane, Jim Lee and Liefeld's books and that prompted the distributors of the time (mainly Diamond and Capital though there were others) to go out and tell people everywhere across the US to start up a comic book shop because this shit was booming. Even in 1991-92 distributors were talking about "unlimited growth" in comics business magazines. You went to an investor meeting, the distributors would tell you to take a loan, put in your house or car as security and start up a comic book store. And the speculator aspect dictated that every month you got a distributor newsletter or catalog, they would hype the SHIT out of any #1 or "hot" issue and make sure you ordered a ton of copies of it. Because comic book sales chart do NOT record end-user sales (from shop to consumer) only retailer sales (distributor to comic shop) it then appeared like these "hot" comics were flying off the shelves, prompting more people to order more comics and more people to invest in comic book shops. By 1993-94 this situation became untenable because thousands of these stores across the US were stuck with piles and piles of unsellable "hot" comics that they had been lured into ordering. Most of it was Marvel but a large chunk was Image, especially Rob Liefeld titles which readers quickly figured out were unreadable.. 1994 was a year when hundreds of comic book shops had to close doors because they were by that point in debt from over-investing and all that "hot" product was collecting dust.
>>
>>9481104
As a result the comics publishers who had not quite caught on that all those comics they were shipping were just gathering dust in storerooms suddenly saw a drastic drop in ordering numbers, and that resulted in many publishers closing down by 1996 and Marvel itself going bankrupt. Even to this day you can find the remnants of this in bargain bins across the world, while a lot of early 90s Marvel and Image comics ended up in incinerators or paper shredders just to make some space. Many of the people suckered into buying into the "unlimited growth" meme ended up losing their livelihood and in deep dept. And of course it also bit the distributors in the ass which led to the Diamond monopoly that only ended recently.

tl:dr: Unlimited growth is not a real thing
>>
>>9480269
>Early Capullo sucked, yes
Hell fucking no
>>
>>9480602
That's wrong. Image's model is more indie-creator friendly than that of Marvel or DC.
Chances are, if you were an artist or writer working under Image back in it's prime, you would've made a shit ton more money than if you were working for the big two.
And money is and always will be a big factor in this business, not just creative output.
>>
>>9458113
>>9458110
almost bought these for Toys For Tots
glad I didn't
>>
>>9458978
I have Dorothy and Bathory
>>9459003
>Those were less coomer, and way more extremely edgy horror stuff.
Why not BOTH?!
>>
>>9464095
I think it is a square grid, but most people end up just thinking in a horseshoe line where the two extremes are both oppressive and close minded.
>>
>>9480015
I read the first 21 issues yesterday and I liked the art. [spoiler] I think the HBO animated series was better though. [/spoiler]
>>
>>9481585
The HBO show is probably the best spawn related media in general.
It's a shame it got canned right as things were starting to delve into unexplored territory.
>>
MKbros i got 2 more jokers today bc my last 2 had derp ass facepaint apps
>>
hes got something joker wants
>>
>>9481046
Spawn was tardy with releases like 3 times in the first 100 issues. One was early with like issue 4 or some shit, and then 19-20 shipping late compared to later issues
>>
>>
File: 1636315015276.png (13 KB, 375x331)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>9482303
Oh christ they even included le Cane of Infinite Hitboxes and Free Crushing Blows. Consider me triggered.
>>
>>9482313
i ahd low expectations for him bc toyshit's review on youtube but hes a lot nicer than i expected definiteky better than liu kang but not as great as noob
>>
>>9482331
Surprised toyshiz gave any mcfarlane a bad review. i generally like many of them but there's definitely some stinkers out there.
>>
File: longcat.jpg (43 KB, 354x640)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>9482260
>>9482262
>>9482303
Does the torso look super long in hand? I think he'd be my favorite looking mcfarlane joker otherwise, but I just can't unsee that.
>>
This reminds me, who is the best, most honest reviewer for McFarlane stuff?
>>
>>9482723
Anthony imo
>>
>>9482797
He's pretty decent on reviewing McFarlanes although the number ratings can be a bit inconsistent but they're easy enough to ignore and just focus on the critiques. Just wish he'd review them closer to when they came out but I understand the moving thing and all. Will be nice once he gets that sorted.
>>
Does McFarlane usually reissue normal releases? I missed out on the JL movie style Wonder Woman
>>
>>9483612
They'd often interlace them with newer releases. I doubt they'll make WW again though, she's from a very early crop of figures, and they possibly reissued a few with JL figures. The original wasn't great anyways, and Gal continues to be WW, so maybe there will be another down the line. I can't imagine she's pricey on the aftermarket though, so if you want that specific look you can give her a buy.
>>
>>9483623
Thanks, yeah it's only $30ish on eBay, I just can't believe I was too lazy to buy her at $20 a few months ago. BBTS has her on preorder but it's sold out, which is why I thought she might be getting reissued.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with Spawn Series 18 - Interlink 6? I was able to get a complete set (for a steal) and was wondering how difficult it is to assemble the full robot?
>>
>Bought a Cyberpunk figure a week ago
>Still hasn’t arrived
>Check the shipping date
>It’ll be here at the end of JANUARY
I know shipping is bad because of C19, but seriously?
>>
>>9483979
Dude ive got shit sitting 6 hrs away that hasnt moved IN DAYS, its nothing more than higher volume due to christmas holidays.
>>
>>9480015
Its the writing and storytelling that gets me, its not bad just idk, its like he learned as he went i guess. Hell i still get confused when he just jumps around from panel to panel. It adds energy but it makes it easy to get lost too.
>>
>>9482303
>>9482331
MK11 Joker looks absolutely fantastic
if his belt was painted and his suspenders were separate pieces like BoP Harley this would have been the best McFarlane figure I've seen and it already blows every ugly ass Joker McFarlane out of the fucking water.

might pick up another Joker to use the beautiful headsculpt for a custom Joker Figure.
>>
>>9483795
I only have 3 of the Interlink robots so no experience assembling the robot, although I've heard its quite a process. Not sure if the instructions are out there still archived or (somehow) still on spawn.com

The actual big caution I would have with the Interlink 6 is the joints seem to have a tendency to become very brittle over time on these (far more-so than the typical Spawn figure and I have 30+). 2 of my 3 have had joints break and they were bought from totally different sources. So be very careful when moving the joints on these.
>>
>>9482331
did someone repaint a figure of Doctor Who ?
>>
>>9484443
Dr Who is a woman. You callin the Joker a woman, is you?
>>
I finally received this Monster, probably The Best McFarlane Figure i ever had
>>
>>9484512
Don't lie, come back in a week when it can no longer stand.
>>
>>9484484
Next step is Latina Dr who, then black Dr who
>>
>>9484512
You like big
>>
>God-tier body and articulation
>Ruined by the head
Why did Todd do this?
>>
>>9484555
Todd fucks up something on every toy
>>
>>9484513
A week? Try a day. That fucker sucks at standing.
>>
>>9484555
>mcfarlane
>god tier body/articulation
>>
>>9484555
The face itself it pretty nice, the hair is stupid. She has strong cheekbones/jawline while still being feminine.
>>
>>9484579
She has way better articulation and body sculpting than other domestic females.
>>9484582
I just want a classic WW.
>>
>>9484589
>>9484555
>godlike
Bro this is about the same as any hasbro or jazzwares female body.
>>
>>9484593
God-like in terms of coom factor.
>>
File: orange pussy.png (572 KB, 928x916)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>9484589
>She has way better articulation and body sculpting than other domestic females.

I mean... No.
>>
>>9484555
he doesn't like good head?
>>
>>9484517
>then black Dr who
Nah, the Doctor isn't a redhead
>>
>>9484627
WW had better torso articulation
>>
>>9484513
Ratchet ankles on mine were loose within a week.
>>
>>9484555
Eh, it's fine. The skirt interferes with the hip articulation a lot.
>>
>>9482535
yeah also his shins make his legs bow'd and all 4 jokers (the 2 shitters i got and the replacements) also had bow'd in shins but i still like him

as you can see im having fun with him. im glad i got this joker instead any of the 3 jokers wave ones
>>
even tho he has a cat body he does still gives me deja vu of how his idle and movements look like in game when i pose him
>>
still want to get the bloody one so i can have two knives and i like the idea of a bloody joker hopefully todd isnt gonna do some retarded color for the bloody
>>
>>9484612
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

no.
vampirella has sculpted nipples.
>>
>>9484665
Ok, so do this pose with WW.
>>
>>9484340
Thanks anon, I'll keep that in mind. The robots are stylish themselves so if it looks like a hassle to build I'll stick with them being individual figures.
>>
>>
>>9485023
Nice granny-panties Todd.
>>
>>9484847
>be me
>see woman get mounted by big dog
>think shes just playing with he must really love her
>h-huh??
>see a red rocket
>she gets on all 4s
>she starts panting like a dog and proceeds to call him good boy

mcfarlanegeneralbros what did i just witness?
>>
>>9485028
i wouldve been happy if it wad like marvel legend female torso bc that mid section isnt really gonna do jack shit other than swivel which the boob section already does
>>
File: She Spawn Diapers.jpg (516 KB, 1822x1825)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
>>9485023
Max I'll pay is 30 with a diaper like that. Feels like a totally incompetent move when they could've just put some rubbery plastic from the top to bottom
>>
>>9485046
anon you got 25 minutes to get her $30 at target.com
>>
>>9485031
You witnessed the adult version of tying a knot.
>>
>>9485046
jesus i know it looks bad but man, /toy/ users are really desperate to make memes out of everything
>>
>>9485023

Slowly but surely getting back to actual chains

Watch Lobo w/motorcycle include real chains unlike the regular release
>>
File: JUST.jpg (22 KB, 454x318)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>9484845
Tits are fine but wtf is this?
>>
>>9485177
articulation was a mistake, simple as
>>
>>9482303
neat Christopher Eccleston Joker
>>
>>9485177
What exactly do you want them to do? We know just swivels fails as it was done in late 90s, early 00s and ruins the articulation. You want them to do rubber skin with no seams? THen it will degrade or break apart in a few years. You want no articulation there? Then it's a statue. There is literally no solution to seams on figures that preserves good articulation and longevity.
>>
>>9485112
/toy/ users always try to force their memes and they're all total shit. diapers, pinless, don't post pictures of your toys, all garbage. I'm sure it's a few people behind them
>>
>>9485811
Japanese figures do it fine.
>>
>>9485177

these are called legs
>>
>>9485852
No they don't.
>>
>>9485897
bicep swivel looks bad rest looks good
>>
>>9485905
Except for the, you know, giant holes around her pelvis
>>
>>9485926
how else is this toy gonna move its legs, weirdchamp?
>>
>>9485897
>>9485177

>>9485905
explain how it looks better
>>
>>9486059
raise the bicep cut a little bit higher
>>
>>
>>9485897
Like most of the things you bitch about, this looks fine if you're not autistic

I really don't know why some of you fags buy anything but statues
>>
>>9486049
That was my point here >>9485811
His point was Japanese figures do it fine, where I posted a response of a Japanese figure having the same problem with seams
>>
All the Dune toys are on clearance at my gamestop. I guess mAking the same body with different heads didnt pay off for them.
Anyone have them? I'm a huge Dune fan so I think Im gonna get Paul next time I'm in just cause I think itll be fun to have an Atreides action figure
>>
>>9485897
That seam line corresponds to the way in which a human's hip/thigh forms a slight curvature, or crease, in that area--it's where a bunch of muscle insertions and origins converge along the ridges of the pelvic bone, and you'd see this on a lean, musculature female form in real life; this is an approximation of that, and it's about the best you can do when dealing with articulation on a PLASTIC figure. I suspect your autism/body blindness prevents you from seeing a differenece between this and that >>9485177 up there. Basically, this post was made in futility, and you'll never comprehend the difference, I suspect.
>>
>>9486994
There's a difference in the placement but both are ugly.
>>
>>9487111
That gap is bothersome, but I prefer it to the other one.
>>
>>9486855
it's at least two different bodies. just boring considering the content of the movie itself and what could've been. i have paul and its fine.
>>
>>9486855
Mostly what didn't pay off was the toys were released 80 billion years before the movie. I assume due to Youknowwhat causing delays
>>
File: 1634006123820.png (1.35 MB, 1280x703)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>no 3.75" line with ornithopter and a sandworm that can swallow the figures
>>
What do you think of The Conqueror, McFarlane gen?
>>
Does anyone know if you can headswap Todd's original Wonder Woman design and the mohawk Wonder Woman?
>>
>>9458532
They are easier to paint
>>
>>9487739
I fucking wish man. The designs in Villeneuves dune are so stupid good. Unironically would love a star wars style 3.75 line.

I wish the MCF Dune figures were more varied. Paul should have been in atreides dress, duncan shoulda had a cloak etc
>>
File: FF9UpqvXoAACz1K.jpg (413 KB, 1373x2048)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
Hahahahahahahah
>>
I hope the Spawn line morphs into a general Image line like the first few waves. I want a fully articulate Dragon and Shadowhawk at the least.
>>
>>9489016
new reaction pic
>>
File: 20211207_160426.jpg (2.85 MB, 4160x2336)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB JPG
>>9475980
Hey by any chance, you or anyone that owns Shao Khan, know what this red goop is? I popped off his left arm for no reason and found this. I got him on release and it's not dry.
>>
>>9490990
oil
>>
>>9490990
Jam sandwich at the factory, the worker had a mouthful as he was assembling the arm. Accidentally dropped some but figured it wouldn't be seen. Cue anon.
>>
>>9490990
The goop in mine is clear
>>
>>9491091
Thats not allowed on this board.
>>
>>9490990
It's a new gimmick for realistic fatalities
>>
>>9490990
This nigga got a Chucky
>>
>>9491217
Keeeeeeeek
>>
File: 1609596760264.jpg (149 KB, 592x592)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>9491217
holy kek
>>
anyone else get their batman who laughs 4pack delayed by walmart?
>>
File: grease.jpg (286 KB, 773x513)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>9490990
It honestly looks like machine lube grease.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.