[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Haslab proton pack only 749 more backers away from the 1st stretch goal unlock. Odds are strong we'll hit that next week when the movie releases.
>>
>>9443824
Why are the lights not working?
>>
>>9443986
That's just a picture with the lights turned off...
Anon, pls.
>>
>>9443824
Any guesses for stretch goals?
>>
File: j65.png (758 KB, 496x899)
758 KB
758 KB PNG
>>9443824
Went to the toy store today.
Holy shit i didn't expect that ghostbusters toys are back SO HARD.
they're eveverywhere and having their own part in a store.
not just few figures but onsters and slimes and stuff like that.

Sad that all we have is just 1 new movie. Kids should have a cartoon tv-show to help all those toys to disappear from shelves fast
>>
File: 43y.png (454 KB, 454x710)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
>>9445068
saw only 1 big monster though. i wonder how many are there.
>>
>>9445082
But when I picture ghostbusters fans, these are some of the coolest
>>
>>9445078
Athena fuck off forever. No one cares about your shitty failed 3d printed hackjobs.
>>
>>9443986
>cyclotron doesn't spin
how hard is it to make it rotate? they literally just put a turn signal and call it a cyclotron
>>
File: kd8iptas8zx21.jpg (71 KB, 768x768)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>9445166
>>9443986
>static picture of the pack with the lights off
>HURRRR DURRR WHY NO LIGHTS?!!?!?
>>
>>9443824
the fact that all these things get funded without fail is proof these are sales viable and should be preorders, not kickstarted
>>
>>9445180
Haslab has failed in the past though. Most recently the 1:1 scale Cookie Monster puppet.
>>
>>9445177
you can see the LEDs
I was commenting on how the light blinks
did anyone actually make a rotating cyclotron?
>>
>>9445182
They actually proposed something risky like that? My Goodness, its almost like that is what haslab was supposed to be for.
>>
>>9445187
No shit. That's what I was saying to >>9445180
>>
>>9445188
Yeah but everything else they have proposed has been really safe and almost sure to fund. Why did they go with that one outlier? Did they actually think they had a huge Cookie Monster fanbase out there?
>>
>>9445180
well better pre ordering it now before the raw material price goes up
either way hasbro is losing money
>>
You know, with Hasbro bringing back the old Kenner line figures/Ecto-1, I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen a redone Firehouse playset.
I imagine it'd probably have to be a haslab deal, but maybe not if they could do it for less than $150.
>>
>>9446303
I'd be interested if it were fully redone and not just a Kenner re-release. This is a pretty lackluster playset which is very overrated. It's just an empty space with a firepole. Playmobil went in a similar direction but at least they gave you a bunch of movie specific shit to furnish the house with. The fact that the Kenner version didn't even give you a desk/chair for Janine was a big fail.
>>
>>9446342
Damn i want this thing so badly...and it's still on amazon.

Might get it for all my playmobil ocs to hang out
>>
>>9446303
They've already stopped doing that
>>
>>9446342
>>9446361
I always dismissed playmobil as being way too young a demo for me to consider collecting, but damn that playset looks pretty cool.
>>
>>9444866
>>9445177
>They don't know
>>
File: 71u-Q+VDslL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (144 KB, 1000x801)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>9446303
>>9446342
I own the Lego one, I doubt it will ever be topped.
>>
>no hype
>no spoilers

force awakens all over again
>>
>>9449625
Nobody wants spoilers dumbass.
>>
>>9449648
because it'll be force awakens all over again? instead of paul rudd and finn wolfhard as the protagonists its about a nerdy girl and some POC diversity hire, just what fans wanted!
>>
>>9445070
There's this, Slimer, and Stay Puft to my knowledge. I found it neat the original 'busters are now available with two different ghost options. Just a shame there's no other difference in the figures, like having the black uniforms from Ghostbusters 2 or something, besides the ghost accessories.

>>9449649
Paul Rudd's just the new Louis Tulley, anon. He's there for comedic relief and name brand appeal.
>>
>>9449657
right, so the females can save the day with girl power.
>>
>>9445180
They said back during the Barge and Unicron they tried shipping them to retailers and really bent over backwards to get to get one of them to pick it and none of them wanted it
>>
>>9449712
Shopping*
>>
>>9449659
You sound saltier than daddies kisses.
>>
>>9449364
>some chinese company released a copy for a third of the price with a quarter more parts

Probably.
>>
>>9449769
>unofficial bootleg surpassing officially licensed ghost busters merchandise

doubt it
>>
>>9449648
Not him, but spoilers can make me more excited about something. I imagine it's like being told when and how you're going to die.
>>
>>9449359
Know what exactly? How godawful anything you could attempt to make would be laughably shitty?
>>
>>9450031
mythbusters guy makes his own proton packs as well as the lovely cosplaying troupe he was in during comic con. when will you cosplay as a ghost buster anon?
>>
>>9450037
I already have. Multiple times. I was in a fan group for over 15 years before I moved away. So suck a fat fart from my hairy anus.
>>
>>9450037
Adam Savage is a dingleberry
>>
>>9450037
didn't he got exposed for touching his sister inappropriately when he was young? I thought that was in the paper
>>
>>9451384
Yes

Also Ghostbusters outdoing Star Wars is hilarious.
>>
>>9451936
>Ghostbusters outdoing Star Wars
lmao
>>
>>9453330
It's true in the very niche sense that the Proton Pack Haslab wass fully funded in 3 days and well on its way to the 1st stretch goal unlock.
Meanwhile the Star Wars Black Series Rancor Haslab is barely funded over 50% with only 18 days remaining.
>>
>>9443986
working lights are a later stretch goal
>>
>>9449364
>>9446342
>>9446303
I own all three of these. Though the Lego and Playmobil are still in their boxes.
>>
>>9451384
except his sister is a schizo and even his mother said she was ill and lashing out
>>
Movie was fantastic. Don't stop by here if you don't want to be spoiled anything.
>>
>>9454565
also Mckenna Grace is qt and the asian podcast kid is a fag and is bad if not worse than the asian fag in the nu-Spiderman movies
>>9453365
shame it has dog shit toys on the market
>>
THE GOOD
>ghost Egon manipulating objects to communicate with his granddaughter is really charming
>OG Busters feel like themselves
>escalation of the plot is pretty well-done, I was legit pretty excited when the kids finally suited up and peeled out in the car
>special effects for the ghosts and especially the Terror Dogs are great
>some clever bits of world-building a plot progression

THE MEH
>only a handful of solid jokes, everything is a sensible chuckle at best
>there's a lot going on plot-wise, feels like it can't decide if it wants to be a soft-reboot, Ghostbusters 3, or something completely different
>tone is way sappier than Ghostbusters should be, but it kinda works

THE BAD
>CGI zombie ghost Egon at the end
>camera lingers too long on what should be blink-and-you'll-miss-it easter eggs
>a bit heavy on the "heckin science is epic bro!!1!" stuff
like jesus fucking christ we get how soys filled academia is today I did NOT need to see it in this movie
>is too busy fellating the original to introduce too much new stuff (but what new stuff it does bring in is good)
>>
>>9454567
The kids other than Grace seemed near pointless. Her brother was ok since he's actually doing something productive like fixing the car, and (poorly) driving them around. Podcast and the black girl didn't seem to really have much to them at all. I didn't hate them but I didn't care about them either. I cared about Trevor simply because of his usefulness and that he was Grace's brother.

>>9454571
I loved Egon appearing in the end. It makes zero sense for him to not show up in spectral form especially after communicating through moving objects around the house. Maybe he couldn't manifest himself fully or he didn't want to until he had no other choice.

On the point of science it makes sense within the story. Egons daughter hated him for ditching them all and turning "crazy". It's basically trying to tell Phoebe to enjoy science despite her moms distaste for it.

>>9454575
I teared up I don't give a fuck. In a world where ghosts exist if Egon didn't show up in ghost form it would have made no sense in universe. So I'm really happy with how the ending panned out.
>Egon helping Phoebe with a Proton Kamehameha like Gohan vs Cell.
I turned into a baby.
>>
We gotta get to 9,000 backers to unlock the hose to plug in the (Sold seperately) neutrino wand bros, LET'S GO!!!!1!!!!!!
>>
>>9454575
I want a spectral Egon from the plasma line.
>>
>>9454599
isnt that a little disrespectful to the family, seeing their dead father on walmart store aisles every time they go shop?
>>
>>9454605
Maybe you're right. I don't mind if we don't ever get one. I just really liked the scene and I'd be all over a figure if one was made. If one isn't I can totally understand though. We do know there's another wave coming because Phoebe hasn't come out yet. I'm curious what others besides her there will be.
>>
>>9449769
Link to buy?
>>
Well that Sentinel Terror Dog sure was a thing that didn't happen. Hasbro fucked up again.
>>
>>9455031
Maybe they made it after some concept art? Hasbro has done that with their Marvel Legends line before.
>>
>>9455031
It's kinda sexy tho.
>>
>>9453446
>his sister is a schizo
thanks didn't knew that
fing msm doesn't do an update on this s
>>
>Are you prepared to DIE?!
>No? I'm only twelve. Are you?
Movie was great. Even if only for Grace, Rudd, and Egon. The main points were all, well, on point. You could cut out several side characters and it'd not ruin what was important. If we get a sequel I just hope it doesn't need to rely on leaning into Egon to stay on its own two feet. If Grace stays as such a good Spengler even as she gets older that shouldn't be an issue.
>>
Our boy made it in the movie!
>>
>>9455871
saw him on the trailer, does he have a lot of screen time?
>>
>>9456218
Literally less than 20 seconds probably.
>>
>>9455871
>>9456218
>>9456220
He was one of the spooks that start haunting the town after a big ghost release. Think the containment grid shut down in 1. Pretty cool to see him pop up. Thankfully Bugeye was the only spoiler I saw before seeing it.
>>
File: pleased.gif (1.95 MB, 400x168)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>9454591
It'll happen. We're like a few hundred away with over 20 days to go.
Meanwhile the Rancor has to promise extra figures as stretch goals to try and entice more backers but even if it somehow managed to get funded, it'll never hit any of its stretch goals.
>>
>>9454571
>CGI ghost Egon
>Bad
That's fully deserved and built-up throughout the movie, literally the whole heart and soul of it. Plus, the CGI was actually really well done compared to stuff like Rogue One's Tarkin/Cushing.
>>
>>9457169
This. The franchise is entirely based around ghosts. Ramis is dead, yes, and I agree honor the dead. To me not having Egon show up as a ghost would be like not honoring him. Considering the franchise and how he interacts and helps out through the entire movie, they earned that few minutes of our last glimpse of Egon. The only thing that I felt was truly bad was the reason for Egon leaving. Have him tell the guys to keep an eye on any potential serious spooks while he guards Shandor Mountain. He tells Ray not to tell his family because they'd be in serious danger and that if he needed the guys he'd call them. He dies before he's able to so when Phoebe calls Ray he acts like he doesn't know anything until she tells him her grandpa died. She gets cut off, movie plays out the same, then a bit of exposition dump in front of Egons ghost. He smiles, hugs his daughter, and then fades. It would have made all the difference in the world. I still really enjoyed it and seeing Egon choked me up pretty good. But again, only because it was earned throughout the film.
>>
>>9454589
I'm with you anon, ghost Egon was handled perfectly. The ending was beautiful. Really liked the opening as well. I wish the in between was better. They needed to stop felating the first movie and do their own thing. This movie would've been so much better if it had nothing to do with Gozer, which includes Shandor. There's too much potential for villains in this franchise to regurgitate Gozer/Terror Dogs. Even GB2 had the sense to use new villlains, who have become iconic in their own right.
>>
>>9457190
Forgot to mention yeah the CGI was insane. If it had been shitty it would have ruined the entire thing. I kept wanting him to appear and pick up the pack but I think helping Phoebe was a much better way to do it.

>>9457193
Yeah that was a flaw for sure. I didn't mind so much that it was going down the Gozer route, but only because once I saw Walt Disney Shandor I thought oh shit he's going to toss Gozer aside like in the film and take over himself. Like he assumes all the powers, but also all the rules, that Gozer is governed by. Everything could have played out the same after that just swapping Gozer for Shandor.

I'm curious how well future films can do without having Egon so heavily rooted into the heart of the movie like the other anon said. Phoebe is great as the new Egon and podcast despite his name grew on me as a quirky not-Ray. I'm not looking for exact stand ins, but those two really stick out to me as what they were going for. Trevor is fine and once he stopped trying to get into Lucky's pants he became a dependable character. Lucky... was there. She didn't feel like much of a character but I didn't hate her either.

Despite the whole not believing Egon thing the movie was great at taking its time. It needed like an extra half hour to really flesh out the ending but it had heart, effort, and good intentions to it. It legitimately tried to make a good GB sequel. Ramis may not be alive but he was certainly one of the best things about the whole film.
>>
>>9457190
>exposition dump from Ray
Just to clarify. Keep Egon silent because that kept his appearance from feeling wrong to feeling perfect.
>>
>>9457193
Pull some shit from RGB. Sam Hain, Boogey, Grundel could all carry a movie on their own.
>>
I just realized Egon must have grabbed Vince when it came looking for a host. I thought he just got lucky but he was specifically waiting for it to try and take him over.
>>
>>9456379
>big ghost release
holy shit sounds cool
is it a long montage?
>>
>>9457381
Not terribly. Maybe a minute and change?
>>
>>9457385
cool
also 8,891 Backers so far
>>
>>9457416
No doubt in my mind we're getting the hose at this point. Probably before Monday.
>>
>>9457220
I think you don't use the kids at all in a sequel. They served their purpose here, but they're too young to be part of the actual business Winston is starting back up. Give them time to grow up and maybe bring them back in the future. I would like to see some of the other Ghostbusters families now that we've dealt with Egon's passing. Winston mentioned having kids, and we know Dana at least has Oscar. Have them get involved in the business. There's a lot of story potential for Oscar having side effects from what Vigo did to him.
>>
>>9457639
Can we at least keep Phoebe? Maybe Winston pays for her colleges or something. She was the best character so if she's the only consistent across all the movies I'd be ok with that. I do like the idea of bringing in Winstons kids, Oscar, maybe if he's up for it bring Moranis back too. Janine wasn't the one who married Egon so I wonder who did. Maybe the scientist he was with in part 2? At first I thought maybe Dana, but the post credit scene kinda nixed that.
>>
>>9457169
Yeah, I knew it was coming and it still got me to tear up a little bit. Everyone having their goodbyes got me.
>>
>>9457649
I'd be good with Phoebe hanging around the firehouse helping with stuff. I think Grooberson should be one of the new GBs, Paul Rudd is great. I get the sense Egon didn't marry anyone and Callie was some sort of sperm donation situation.
>>
>>9457666
Mood Slime after a romp with Egon spat out Callie after Part 2?
>>
>>9457667
Kek. But in all seriousness there is a picture of Callie dated 1983, and she mentions never knowing her dad, so I believe it was probably some sort of donor situation.
>>
>>9457672
"Let's see what happens when we take away the father."
>science device noises
>>
75 more until we get hosed.
>>
>>9454599
I would really like both spectral Egon, and older living Egon from the beginning of the film. Same figure basically, just make a translucent variant.
>>
>>9449765
You kissed your dad?
>>
>>9453446
>his sister is a schizo
Doesn't mean she's not telling the truth. It's convenient for him though.
>>
>>9457190
>The franchise is entirely based around ghosts
The franchise is entirely based around comedy. Take the jokes out of the first movie and see if it's still watchable. Put all the references to old toys and cartoons in there you want; if the movie isn't funny, and the characters aren't likable, it won't be a good movie.
>>
>>9457858
Obviously but the movie is literally called GHOSTbusters. Ramis showing up in ghost form makes sense and was done well in my eyes. I didn't find the movie to be as funny as the original, but that's near impossible to achieve. The humor in Afterlife was much more in line with the original films sense of humor than that 2016 train wreck. Which in of itself isn't saying much, but I still found it to be good.
>>
>>9457860
So if the franchise is obviously based around comedy, and the comedy is not as good as the original, what's the point of the movie? Needed to tack on one more example of why the franchise shouldn't have progressed past the first film?
>>
>>9457848
Only after uncle Lucius visited
>>
>>9457867
All because it's not as good doesn't mean it's still not good. You undoubtedly enjoy things that aren't as good as your favorite things of all time, yes? You will never top the original, but that doesn't mean you can't still make good enjoyable films in the same universe.
>>
>>9457858
>The franchise is entirely based around comedy. Take the jokes out of the first movie and see if it's still watchable

Take the jokes out and it's still a movie about busting ghosts. Take the ghosts out, and wtf is this?

As a franchise, you can encompass comedies, dramas, plays, musicals, animations, whatever. And they all can be good or bad. It just depends on the writing.
>>
>>9457884
>Take the ghosts out, and wtf is this?
An excellent comedy starring three of the most talented writers and performers of the period. It'd even still work as a movie if it turned out they were wrong about ghosts existing and then had to convince the whole city of New York that ghosts were real in order to keep their business afloat.

Without comedy you have 3-4 middle aged men chasing fake ghosts and trapping them for money and to eventually save a main character's love interest in a by the books fantasy action film.
>>
>>9457884
>>9457890
You boys are arguing the same point from different sides of the coin. The whole point is that you can't take out any ONE aspect of the film because it works as well as it does BECAUSE it has both of those elements.
>>
>>9457896
No, I'm saying Comedy is more important than the special effects and ghosts.
>>
>>9457901
But it's not though.
Just like the ghosts and effects aren't more important than the comedy. They both have equal importance to make Ghostbusters work. You can't have one without the other.
>>
>>9457903
I disagree. As I said, the original Ghostbusters without the ghosts would still be a good comedy because of who made it. The original Ghostbusters without comedy would be shit.
>>
>>9457906
The OG film without comedy would be a serviceable horror/action adventure film. I don't think it'd be "shit" by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>9457906
McKenna Grace was funny though. She was very much written like Egon.
>>
>>9457909
Great. That's one character.
>>
>>9457910
Rudd was fine too. Podcast despite his name wasn't bad. Write him just a bit better and you're golden. Wolfhard didn't have much screen time but I did like the remember that summer we died under a table line. The only characters I just didn't feel invested in were Lucky and the mother.
>>
>>9457913
>Fine
>Wasn't bad
>Write him a bit better
>Not much screen-time
These are all words and phrases I'd use to describe well written characters in a good movie.
>>
>>9457919
Jesus Christ I didn't say it was perfect. A movie can be good and flawed. You gonna bitch that the car wasn't funny now?
>>
>>9457919
You're that old plumbers bad autist, aren't you?
>>
>>9457923
I never accused you of saying it was. I am however accusing you of having low standards though. Because either you're shit at communicating why a movie is good, or you're accurately describing a very bland and poorly made movie.
>>
>>9457929
>Because either you're shit at communicating why a movie is good
It's this. I've never been good at properly expressing why I like something. Except for real basic shit like I had fun, it was funny, that sorta thing. There's story beats that needed to be handled better. Characters like Lucky served no purpose. The important things, Phoebe and Egon, were handled very well. They're basically the main characters and it's worth seeing for that.
>>
>>9457934
>Characters like Lucky served no purpose.
Racemixing propoganda which is mandatory in every movie now.
>>
>>9446303
>>9446342
>>9446361
>>9448459
>I always dismissed playmobil as being way too young a demo for me to consider collecting, but damn that playset looks pretty cool

It's worth noting that Playmobil scales almost exactly to 3 3/4, and would scale fairly well to the current cartoon style team in >>9445068
(The accessories and weapons themselves scale variously on a case by case basis.)

The figures may not be everyone's cup of tea, they're fairly "kiddie-fied", but damn do the figure accessories and playsets with piles of bonus accessories find use in all sorts of other toy settings for me.
>>
>>9457808
50 now
>>
File: Wat.png (471 KB, 574x469)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>9443824
How's the movie doing?

>>9445068
How's the fright features toyline doing?

I'm hoping the movie's interest + the cartoony toyline gets me a deluxe sized toy of the demon t-rex rat, but I suppose that's a longshot.
>>
>>9458125
That line is 5", way too big for Playmobil.
>>
File: real-ghostbusters.gif (1.47 MB, 320x240)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>9458162
>How's the movie doing?
>Jason Reitman’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife is beating its $30M-$35M industry expectations, with an expected $40.5M opening weekend after a $16.5M Friday, which includes Thursday previews. Of that figure, PLF screens and Imax are driving 35% of the gross for the Sony movie
>>
>>9458055
Can we please not see this stupid shit in everything? It'd be like being angry at Winston existing in the first film, and he was great. The only problem with her was that she was uninteresting and existed only for escaped Zuul to take over a different girl.

>>9458162
Wat was so damned cool. Why she/it never returned in the toon is beyond me. I'd love some RGB spooks as figures but unless Hasbro decides to do an RGB Plasma line that's more articulated and make new figures I don't see it happening.

>>9458209
Wonder how much it'll make long term.
>>
>>9458209
I hope it does well. I think that'd really be nice to see. Also if it does better than the reboot, even better.
>>
Just put in my 5 pushing it over 9k. We're getting hosed boys.
>>
File: slimingjanosz[1].jpg (24 KB, 461x200)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>9458589
Hose 'im!
>>
>>9458589
>>9458601
Beautiful!
Going to put mine in towards the end to try and make it to that 11k stretch goal.
>>
>>9458648
If we average a hundred per day we should hit 11k two days before the end. Then I can easily see getting an extra 2k in those final days. I think 13k is very realistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if it blows past the 15k milestone.
>>
>>9458992
How much do they usually explode in the final days? Seems weird to me that people wait that long. I guess they're trying to decide if they really want to put down that much for it or not then just crack by the end?
>>
>>9459008
I think a lot of it is retailers like BBTS put in big orders in the final days.
>>
>>9459008
The only reason I'm waiting is because I have to wait on incoming holiday money. If I had the $400 for sure right this second, I'd have already pre-ordered. And yeah, I know they don't charge until the end of the campaign, but I don't want to commit and then suddenly be in a position where I can't pay due to some unforeseen circumstance.
>>
So what do you think will be the figures for the next plasma line? I doubt they made a Phoebe with no plans of releasing her. I figure they'd be mostly spoiler characters.

Phoebe Spengler
Vinc Grooberson
Zuul mom
Shandor

If they want a BAF you'd need like one or two more depending. I know some may feel it's in poor taste but I'd honestly like a spectral Egon from the ending. Even if he doesn't come with a pack. Alternatively have him come with an unfinished opened up cyclotron pack. I could see Shandor being the BAF, or maybe even the newer Gozer. Which honestly is really close in design to the old one so it'd just feel like a rerelease. A more lifelike Bugeye would also be pretty damn cool, as well as Muncher.
>>
>>9459167
Nah it's smart to wait if you want to be sure to have the cash. I have the money sitting in my bank just waiting since I had a little saved away for household emergencies. While this isn't really an emergency I did have enough in there where if something like the washer or fridge broke I could still replace it. I know I should have more than that tucked away for a rainy day but it is what it is.
>>
>>9459297
Swap Shandor with Egon and make the BAF nu-Gozer.
>>
>>9459419
I wouldn't mind if the BAF was a Sentinel Terror Dog that actually has some fucking articulation. Why the hell is this thing a 5POA? It looks awesome but it's got one damned pose.
>>
Any webms of Phoebe struggling with Gozer and then Egon starts helping yet?
>>
Is the new movie any good?
The 2016 movie was utter shite.
>>
>>9459588
There's a plot point I didn't care for but otherwise it's really good. It takes its time so it's a bit slow. The final act needed like 20 more minutes to really flesh itself out more. All in all if you wanted a sequel to care about where its roots came from and gave a damn about honoring the legacy, you'll like it. The humor doesn't always land, and there's some retread, but there was obviously a lot of effort and heart put into making this for long time fans.
>>
>>9459588
2016 isn't a genuine Ghostbusters movie, it's Sony trying to cash in on the name. It shouldn't even be acknowledged.
>>
>>9459297
>I know some may feel it's in poor taste but I'd honestly like a spectral Egon from the ending
I don't get why, there's been products of plenty of characters with dead actors - even Marlon fucking Brando's still getting merch of Vito from The Godfather.
>>
>>9459603
>screw up Spidey
>screw up Resident Evil
>screw up Ghostbusters
How is Sony still around?
>>
>>9459632
Literally the MCU saved them. After that email leak they were bleeding to death. But MCU Spidey gave them a shot in the arm.
>>
>>9459632
You know I'm so very glad that 2016 pile of shit wasn't a soft reboot. If it tied directly to the original films we would have been stuck in that mess, period. With it being some one off universe we were able to get Afterlife which at the very least made a concentrated effort.
>>
>>9459620
That's true, merch of characters from dead actors is always made, and hell I wager living Egon will get merch well into the future. If they make a spectral Egon figure let him come with a chess board.
>>
I really do hope they make Egon. My older busters won't feel complete without him beside them. I was feeling iffy on buying those in the first place because a set of three busters just doesn't feel right to me.
>>
Hopefully tomorrow won't just be fluff for the pack and show more figures.
>>
>>9458209
fortnite emot!
>>
>>9460026
It wasn't until 20-30 years after RGB that I realized that specific little dance was in the theme songs music video. Always thought it was odd in the toon without the context.
>>
Have the 5 POA figures of the kids from the movie started showing up anywhere? I picked up the Ecto tonight and this thing is seriously impressive for $25
>>
>>9460733
A proper 6" scale version has been my grail since the Matty line. I hoped with Afterlife it would have a chance, but it would probably have to be a Haslab at this point.
>>
>>9460751
I'm guessing the six inch guys can't fit in the Kenner rerelease Ecto?
>>
I think the pack has gotten over 150-200 backers today alone. Guessing fans are going to see it and enjoying the film enough to back it.
>>
>>9459588
I saw it today with my family and we all loved it. It was neat afterward, especially with the dedication at the end, that I discovered today would have been Harold Ramis's 77th birthday.
>>
>>9460860
But anon critics say it sucks and just tried to make fans happy!
>>
>>9444983
Here's the stretch goals
>>
>>9460927
Other than the hose all I care about is Egon's notebook?
>>
>>9460948
Same, but I'm also on board with the Mini-Pufts. Especially if those are 1:1 scale as well.
>>
>>9460964
I dunno if they're 1:1 but they're the same Mini-Pufts coming out next year from Hasbro just with different heads. I'm interested in them but I already have the normal release preordered so if I don't care for these exclusive heads much I may just toss 'em on ebay.
>>
File: 20210807_143438.jpg (2.3 MB, 4032x2268)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>9460753
They kinda can.
>>
>>9461219
You can't park that here.
>>
>>9461219
This ones exaggerated design looks better than this ones >>9460733 more realistic one. Despite the one looking more accurate. Why is that?
>>
11k stretch goal photos.
>>
>>9461499
>>
>>9461500
>>
>>9461503
>one of the heads doesn't come with a hole to shove a cocktail umbrella through
One job.
>>
>>9461499
>>9461503
I’m surprised they didn’t rush out the plasma mini-pufts for the movie
>>
Here’s a good look at the pack. I have no fucking idea where I’m going to put this thing. I hope one of the backer goals is a wall Mount

https://youtu.be/Uc2jXrxI1SU
>>
>>9461219
Can the Real Ghostbusters figures fit in this?
>>
>>9461570
Final stretch goal is a floor stand. But I'm sure you could MacGuyver a wall mount fairly easily. Especially if you mod the pack onto an ALICE frame like a lot of others seem to be talking about doing.
>>
>>9461499
>my white babies
>>
File: turnyouwhite.jpg (55 KB, 550x440)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>9461499
>>9461503
>>9461500
Yeah, looks like the mini-pufts are 1:1. That's cool. And I like the marshmallow "slime" pack deco more than I thought I would. Now I'm hoping we hit 11k.
>>
We're getting a Phoebe and ghostly Egon two pack for the Plasma series. Fuck YES.
>>
File: FamilyThatBustsTogether.jpg (875 KB, 2251x1564)
875 KB
875 KB JPG
>>9461678
>>
>>9461681
Ghost egon looks way better than alive Murray
>>
>>9461681
Damn I kind of want that
>>
File: FEz7IlRXMA4jRDD.jpg (48 KB, 1080x213)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>9461681
>>
File: FEz5mhRVcAE43s6.jpg (737 KB, 2048x1536)
737 KB
737 KB JPG
>>9461681
It's already been found in stores
>>
Adam Savage posted this video going over the proton pack
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc2jXrxI1SU
>>
>>9461755
Jesus they wasted no time on releasing something that's a huge spoiler, but I guess they also spoilered the older busters suiting up, so Hasbro truly doesn't care.
>>
>>9461851
kinda surprise they waited this long
>>
60 million box office
I should order two packs
>>
>>9461755
I like how they didn't even mention the Terror Dog head in the stream. They realized they fucked up and gave us two of the same dog, so they just threw the other head in this pack and called it a day. Better than making us buy an entirely new Terror Dog figure I suppose.
>>
File: HaslabLimit.jpg (44 KB, 800x288)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>9461866
>only two
I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna get past this limit.
>>
>>9461882
My income is limited by my va disability.
Also half in bag review is out
https://youtu.be/nMtrjNPcjR0
>>
>>9461681
>>9461755
When can I order these online?
>>
>>9461866
On one hand the movie is stupidly barebones and is trying too hard to make me consoom, on the other hand I was going to consoom anyway, so I'm glad it had this big weekend. More Fright Feature ghosts hopefully.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (736 KB, 3000x3000)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
>>9460927
I can't believe this terrible list of stretch goals turned out to be real. The Mini Puft figures don't even have different expressions, and the stand looks like it will prevent the hose from being attached, not to mention will be completely useless if you slap an alice frame on this, which I'm sure must people will. Can't forget useless stickers. What a waste of what could've been potentially cool add-ons.
>>
>>9461938
It's a Target exclusive going up supposedly on the 28th. Any chance of a link to it being found before it goes live officially? I really want this two pack.
>>
Any proton pack experts here? How does the Hasbro pack measure up to custom ones from what we've seen?
It looks good to me but I'm wary because Hasbro's lightsabers are ass compared to third party ones.
>>
>>9461755
I really want one but Egon should have come with a pair of swappable hands that would let him help hold on to Phoebe's wand along with her.
>>
>>9461681
I'm a huge baby that teared up when he finally materialized. I know it took that long so it'd feel earned but I wonder what explanation you could give. Maybe he hadn't gotten the hang of manifesting in the material world? Then when shit hit the fan and he granddaughter needed him it came naturally?
>>
>>9462123
>he
His. Fuck mixing up ideas in my head that I end up typing out.
>>
>>9462123
I assumed it was all that supernatural energy from the Gozer storm helping him to fully manifest.
>>
>>9462135
That's a really good idea, actually. I saw someone complain that Egon should have been caught in the Gozer field trap but I wager he knew how far away to be.
>>
Did anyone pick up the AMC popcorn bucket of the Ecto-1? I’m curious if it scales well with the plasma series figures
>>
>>9462199
It's about the same width and maybe 2 inches longer than the Kenner version, if that helps.
>>
>>9462199
People at my showing next to me had it and it looked awesome. It looked like a size you could fudge it with the figures, but still not perfect.
>>
>>9462199
>>
>>9462378
Since the car itself is hollow how well do the taller characters fit inside?
>>
>>9462378
If anyone here got one of these I recommend opening the battery compartment and taking a look. Mine had batteries that leaked and didn't light up. Thankfully it wasn't too bad and swapping the batteries out was all that was needed. I assume these have been sitting around somewhere for over a year so some leaking isn't a surprise.
>>
Hey Walmart has all the Retro Kenner Ghostbusters up for cheap prices for Black Friday.

The Ecto-1 is thirty bucks!
>>
File: son.jpg (488 KB, 1024x1536)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>>9461755
haven't seen the movie but I get pic related feeling
>>
>>9462463
Thank you for the heads up.

Fearsome Flush and Bug Eye Ghost are $10.99, The Playmobil Firehouse set is $54.71.

"I turned myself into a pizza slice, Egon; I'm Pizza Venkman!"
>>
File: file.png (891 KB, 519x768)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
>>9461685
Though when Ramis was alive he sorta had become a bit doughy, sorta making him a bit unrecognizable from his slender appearance as Egon. I always found it odd though that Ray was depicted as the fat one in other GB media, though Akroyd really wasn't at all at the time. Especially when your the skinny Blues Brother.

Also I couldn't find any photos of Ramis like just before the year 2014 of his death, 2010 is when the illness had hit him preventing him to walk.
>>
>>9462474
It really is and it feels just as good.
>>
File: file.png (282 KB, 400x300)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>9461227
But there's no where else to park it in 2021
>>9461573
That's TRGB Ecto-1, it was made for them.
>>
>>9462517
>it feels just as good.
cool, sucks I got spoiled but whatever
>>
>>9462536
Yeah I thankfully didn't. I think it'll hit less than if you were able to avoid knowing about it, but it'll still hit you. I still recommend seeing it.
>>
>>9462517
>>9462536
>>9462474
FULL STREAM! DO IT NOW, PHOEBE!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1glCnR6Oiic
>>
>>9462474
It was a very emotional scene and I smiled thinking of this exact moment.
>>
>>9462378
Is this your collection?
>>
>>9462620
That's definitely the dude from Ghostbusters News on YouTube. I was just watching one of his videos last night.
>>
>>9462642
I wish I was devoted to one thing as he is to ghostbusters
>>
Really close to 10k already.
>>
Anybody here in australia been able to pre order the proton pack without having to use a seedy site?
>>
>>9462898
It sucks that the stretch goals are so shit because we should have no trouble hitting them all.
>>
>>9462995
I'd rather the final one be an ALICE frame over that shitty stand.
>>
>>9463021
There's no way they could feasibly make that work. ALICE frames (aside from being all metal) are actually owned by the armed forces. So if Hasbro wanted to include ALICE frames, they'd have to license the frames from the military and that would cost a fortune.
>>
>>9463058
That must be why they left it off. But you can apparently attach your own.
>>
>>9463058
I don't recall where I read this but I'm pretty sure it was a statement from someone at Hasbro. They were supposedly going to have a frame but the companies that could fill a large order like what they would need didn't meet the standards for a frame they wanted.

Real reason is likely it just didn't fit into the budget allowed to them so they decided to make the pack as good as they could with what they have and let fans put one on themselves. It's a bummer but since they're making it easier to add one out of the box I don't mind. I'd rather get one that's actually worth using over some Chinese one made out of straws and duct tape.
>>
>>9463058
This is just blatantly untrue. The military doesn't have a patent on fucking ALICE frames.
>>
With the pack sitting at over 10k I can feel relieved since it's unlikely 1,000+ people are going to cancel their orders and the hose is completely guaranteed. I just hope whatever the hose is made out of it's better material than the hose on the Spirit Halloween packs. That shit does not want to move at all.
>>
>>9463383
I think it was in the Adam Savage video where Warden said they're trying to make the hose as flexible as possible. It's worth a watch, they go over the pack and it's features in great detail.
>>
Any idea what time the Phoebe/Egon two pack will be available online?
>>
>>9461503
>Domestic Abuse Stay Puft
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (71 KB, 700x442)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>9461693
How did nobody catch onto this before it was approved?
>>
>>9463760
The 27th around midnight
>>
>>9463960
Thanks man. Is that when Target usually updates?
>>
>>9464002
It's what has happened for recent toy releases. Resets happen on Sundays and I imagine that this set is going to be easy to find long term.
>>
File: 8flng-mH.jpg (77 KB, 600x600)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>9464010
>target exclusive
>easy to find long term.
>>
Can some of ya'll post your collections? I'm curious what you have. I truly don't give a shit for the Real Ghostbusters outside of the Ecto, but really like the toys based on the movies
>>
>>9464274
Most of my stuff is in their boxes or a closet. Otherwise I would. I just don't have enough room.
>>
>>9464274
I've got the 4 OG Busters from the Plasma series plus Trevor from the new movie. I also have the Plasma series Ecto-1 and Egon's Neutrona wand.
>>
>>9464274
Only thing I have is the wand. I never really got gb merch. I am more into props.
>>
>>9464358
>Plasma series Ecto-1

I'm kicking myself for not buying this
>>
>>9462474
Phoebe, I want to tell you, that if you don't do this, Trevor is gonna die. Your mom's gonna die. Everyone is gonna die. But before all that, If you don't do this...you're gonna die. And you're better than that! You're better than her! You're better than me!
You're more than just my granddaughter. You are a Ghostbuster! Now, plant your feet. Grit your teeth. And EAT...THAT...HORSE!
>>
>>9464594
It's pretty good as a shelf decoration. I just wish it had lights or sounds.
>>
>>9464813
I wish it had figures. I don't get the point of making an Ecto-1 in a different scale than your action figure line.
>>
>>9465052
How big would the Ecto-1 have to be to properly house the Plasma series line?
>>
File: 1000[1].png (459 KB, 1000x420)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>9465078
>>
>>9457169
>Plus, the CGI was actually really well done compared to stuff like Rogue One's Tarkin/Cushing.
i would hope they would improve after 5 years, but this is hollywood we are talking about
>>
>>9465180
It may be because he's a ghost/apparition but he looked really good. My only gripe with it was him smiling a lot. Like a more stern or angry face while confronting Gozer would have fit better I think. A smile and nod when interacting with family and friends is fine. I was honestly hoping ghost Egon would show up. Due to ghosts existing and to bid farewell to Egon. I've got gripes with some plot elements and characters like Lucky feeling completely unimportant, but ghost Egon was handled very respectfully in my opinion.
>>
>>9465078
>>
Not my photos, I imagine that this will be easy to find
>>
>>9465626
>>
>>9465626
>>9465630
The Targets around me are garbage so I'm stuck hoping I can grab on online before they sell out.
>>
>>9465626
why did they scribble out Ghostgon?
>>
>>9465704
It's a pretty big spoiler.
>>
File: file.png (17 KB, 240x240)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>9465742
Even if the 2009 video game predicted it in one of their achievos
>>
>>9465840
Didn't all the busters get portrayed as an achievement in that game?
>>
File: file.png (20 KB, 240x240)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>9465927
There's two wearing ecto googles on his head, kinda like Ray. But Egon, who has another, seems like the only one that's really based off his appearance. The rest are just dressed like ghostbusters.
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/118-ghostbusters-the-video-game
>>
Wonder if the number will hit 11k today after people go see the film for Thanksgiving. 365 more to go.
>>
>>9462378
>RLM didn't even mention the black girl at all

lol did she do anything in the movie?
>>
>>9462536
I mean, it was so obvious it was going to happen, being focused on his family. I ain't even that mad I got spoiled.
>>
>>9467031
She got in a cop car and drove off.
Then was possessed.
>>
>>9467031
Saw someone reviewing the movie that said they loved her character. She had no character to speak of. Hell I loved the movie but I'm convinced she existed only so the mom could be saved from Zuul and that another female that wasn't Phoebe could get possessed. I didn't outright hate her, she was just there and took time away from characters I cared about like Phoebe. Basically "When Phoebe's not on screen everyone should be asking where's Phoebe."
>>
>>9467233
My main gripes were the guys not believing Egon, and not getting any real info on who his wife was. As far as we know the mood slime he fornicated with spat out a baby.
>>
>>9467250
This was meant for >>9467039
Ghost Egon showing up was really touching and with him interacting with everyone throughout the film it felt more earned than if the only interaction we had with him had been the opening.
>>
>>9467253
I agree. The movie isn't perfect but they at least had some earned emotions in it.
>>
>>9467281
Yeah. It's flawed but they put some effort into it. They tried to incorporate the old with the new while taking into account Ramis' passing. Give Egon a better reason to be out there by himself, make Lucky more than a Zuul vessel, and that'd go a long way in of itself.
>>
File: FE5kptcXsAQlm_x[1].jpg (2.75 MB, 3024x4032)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
Found this while looking around. Dunno how helpful it'll be for grabbing it but figured might as well post.
>>
>>9467971
How do you find an items listing on Target with those numbers?
>>
146 more and we'll have the Mini pufts and plastic marshmallow goo. Think we'll hit 13k by the 12th?
>>
>>9468334
I hope so. That in universe tech journal seems rad as fuck.
>>
>>9468596
Yeah other than the hose that's the only other stretch goal I care about. The final goal should have been a Dan Aykroyd autograph instead of that garbage stand. Have they ever added more stretch goals if an item exceeds all the other ones?
>>
>>9468617
>Making Dan Akroyd sign 14,000 times
Bad idea, I like the stand
>>
>>9468783
He'd totally do it.
>>
File: star wars bluray.jpg (96 KB, 475x633)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>9468783
They easily could have done one of those stupid certificates with a copy pasta signature.
>>
>>9468806
Is that considered an autograph though if it's basically a xerox copy?
>>
>>9468783
The stand isn't even designed to look interesting. No stack of books with a place for the notebook. No science equipment. No mini containment unit. It's just a black hunk of plastic.
>>
11,005, we got marshmallows.
>>
I was going to back this and I realized it doesn't include the wand. WTF is that going to be another haslab? What the hell am I going to do with just the pack?
>>
>>9469657
The wand was released earlier this year. You can buy it from a variety of retailers.
>>
>>9469657
Wand got released in 2020 my dude. Available pretty much everywhere. Hell, I bought mine from Gamestop on sale for $75.
>>
>>9469657
Backing the pack and buying the wand is still cheaper than most movie accurate packs. Free shipping on the wand if you buy from HasbroPulse.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/ghostbusters-1/products/ghostbusters-plasma-series-spengler-s-neutrona-wand-collectible
>>
File: puft.jpg (311 KB, 2000x2000)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
We hit 11k. Getting the 1:1 Mini-pufts with the swappable heads and exclusive toasted deco. Also the marshmallow goo deco for the pack.
>>
>people selling Phoebe/Egon two pack for 200 on ebay
People can't seriously buy things at the price just to have them a few days early, can they? I mean even just waiting until their proper release date would let you buy them for at least a 100 if not less. Even if I was filthy rich I'd still not pay that much just to have one a few days early.
>>
>>9469937
Mmm, jizz!
>>
>>9469840
I was pricing out some Spirit pack upgrades and could easily spend over $400 on top of the cost of the pack itself which is about $80. So for the same price as a Spirit Pack and SOME upgrades (we're not even talking all the bells and whistles), I could buy a Hasbro pack and thrower which will be significantly better. I may still give the Spirit Pack some upgrades because it is good for small children, but a Hasbro pack and thrower are a no brainer for any adult.
>>
File: diegohdm.jpg (64 KB, 745x467)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Hello guys, I am new here. Am I late for the party? haha
>>
>>9470348
Yeah I had kicked the idea around of modifying a Spirit pack but in the end I felt like the extra cash turned the affordable into a bit too pricey. I have the backpack spirit pack with the Matty wand attached and a chain to keep it from falling off completely, as at the time I didn't want to just cut the wire off and stick it to the end. I'm not a very tech savvy kind of guy or a handy one for that matter. My 2 spirit packs were affordable packs that were good enough. With the Haslab and Spengler wand I'll have a much better version at a price I think is fair. If I had tried to upgrade a spirit pack it wouldn't look nearly as good as this Haslab and some things would always bug me about it like the size. So I didn't want to pump cash into it.

I gotta give props to people who have made their own. Theirs will always have more sentimental value since they were made by hand. For me I'm just not good enough, or have enough cash, to go full on into building one with all the bells and whistles. This will be the pack I've always wanted so I'm glad we got it out of Hasbro.

>>9470350
Where the hell is that giant Ecto from?
>>
>>9470334
Toy collector's do it everytime. Something shows up on ebay leaked from asia and they throw down 4-10x the price just to have it early. They're impulsive retards.
>>
>only 11k backers

shouldn't this be an easy 500k?
>>
>>9470368
GB is a beloved movie, but not everyone wants a pack. There's also the cost to consider as well as it not really having any sort of marketing campaign.
>>
>>9470368
Be glad it's doing these nimbers
>>
>>9470418
I think it's just "dumb old plumber movie" shitposter trying to stir the pot. Again.
>>
>>9470567
Fuck you? If anything this campaign needs to reach more people and deserves an ad space during the trailers before the movie starts, bam easy 500k bakers.
>>
>>9470593
>Fuck you?
Rude. I do agree that an ad before the movie would go a long way.
>>
If someone finds the link for the Spengler 2 pack tonight, please post it
>>
>>9471111
If I do I'll post it for sure. I just hope I and anyone else who cares can grab one before they're all bought up.
>>
>>9471170
I just realized it might be an in store purchase only. If so I'm gonna be pissed the fuck off.
>>
>>9471170
>>9471174
Really hoping you can do pickup so I can consoom tomorrow
>>
Midnight and no update on their site. Any idea when they update listings on an items release day?
>>
>>9471551
Thanksgiving weekend. No one is in the office.
>>
>>9471565
I doubt that applies to a site that likely updates automatically.
>>
So why aren't the kid packs that cost 15 in stores yet? All they have are the wands. For the collectable pack and thrower I get releasing them separately, but why the cheap kid toys?
>>
>>9471551
Target Restocks/Updates in the middle of the night. It sucks ass. I'm just going to wake up early and hope for the best
>>
Any of you have the eaglemoss ecto 1 model kit?
>>
2 pack still not up on Targets site. Is it worth stopping by the stores really early or are new items not out until later in the day?
>>
>>9471890
Did you end up going? I didn't because I've wasted enough gas on Hasbro exclusives. Fucking stupid that they put the main character of the film in an exclusive 2 pack
>>
>>9472092
I did, but only after calling them. Once at 8am and then was told to call back at 10, then noon, just in case they hadn't gotten to the boxes yet. Called at 10 and the girl working there said she remembered me asking and put one aside for me even though they're technically not supposed to. Went over and got my 2-pack. So it's worth calling and asking if they have the Plasma series 2 pack that was meant to come out today.
>>
>>9471569
Oh. I totally misunderstood. I thought you were talking the pack, not the two pack
>>
>>9472246
Nice. You gonna ask her out?
>>
>release the literal main character as a fucking target exclusive
Jesus Christ I hate hasbro
>>
>>9472583
>implying its not sony forcing hasbro to do it
>>
>>9472557
I'm too insecure for that, anon! Maybe enough sessions with my therapist will help haha... kill me.

>>9472583
I'd argue Egon is basically the other main character too. So it's not just one, but two.
>>
>>9472619
>cameo of a corpse is a main character
he is nostalgia bait meant to get man babies in the theatres and cry
>>
>>9472621
So you didn't watch the movie I take it? He's there throughout the entire film. From the very beginning when we see how he died. He plays chess with Phoebe, guides her through the house, helps her fix his Proton Pack, leads her to the ghost trap, helps fix the Ecto-1, shows the mother he always kept an eye on her life. He's also the main driving point of the events that are unfolding from both the new and old characters. To call his presence simply nostalgia bait is absolutely retarded.
>>
>From the very beginning when we see how he died.

no wonder red letter media hated it, who the fuck wants to see a movie about how some fat fuck died?
>>
Can anyone get a clean scan of the left side of the 2-pack box? Really like that artwork.
>>
>>9472650
Kill yourself
>>
>Half the pre-orders are canceled after the movie comes out
>>
>>9472663
Which preorders?
>>
>>9472662
Im glad bill murray and harold ramis had bad blood and didnt make a third film together because bill hated selling out the franchise to babies.
>>
>>9472648
God damnit I hate that this was impossible to get for me today
>>
>>9472648
Nah, it's fucked up to do a character like this of a recently dead guy. Hollywood has no shame.
>>
>>9472670
>recently
7 years is recent? It's no different than a force ghost of original Obi-Wan. Did you bitch then?
>>
>>9472668
Call around your Targets tomorrow. They just haven't gotten through the boxes of shit to put out when you went.
>>
>>9472671
its weird americans have a boner for owning likenesses of real people the same way christians worship jesus and his likeness
>>
>>9472670
I'm not gonna stop buying merch of my favorite characters just because their actors die. Wouldn't that be more insulting? Oh they passed away let's just ignore they existed teehee.
>>
>>9472671
Yes? Not even a fucking decade. Face Ghost Obi-Wan was atleast needed for the story. This story was crafted around a Deadman. It's fucked up and shows Hollywood doesn't respect the dead. Fuck this movie and fuck the writer.
>>
>>9472680
Are you stupid? It's not merch, it's literally a movie using the deadman as a ghost. That's super fucked up. Especially with Ghostbusters.
>>
>>9472682
>People die so let's forget they existed.
No.
>>
>>9472686
>A ghost in Ghostbusters is fucked up.
Do you listen to yourself?
>>
I feel using a likeness of a dead person can feel very unnatural and poorly done. However Egon was done pretty respectfully and the way it should be done. This movie needed to connect the old with the new and you needed to explain Egon's absence. Tighter writing in some parts is all it really needed.
>>
>>9472648
Does he have a hole on his back to wear a proton pack himself?
>>
Is there going to be an Olivia Wilde figure?
>>
>>9472750
He does! Phoebe's packs straps are too small for him though. I wager the '84 plasma figure packs would work just fine but I haven't tested it.
>>
I wonder why they didn't have Janine and Even hook up. Did Egon have a family before GB? An Oliver Cooper is credited as "Elton" on imdb. His face is vaguely Egon shaped so I could see it looking like him in the beginning when they use clever camera work to obscure Egon's head. Is there an Elton in the film or is Elton used to keep Egon being there a secret?

>>9472781
Who did she play?
>>
>>9472903
>Did Egon have a family before GB?
There's a picture of his daughter dated 1983. Seeing as he had no relationship with her I wouldn't be surprised if he acted as a sperm donor, and the mother just kept him in the loop with photos/updates about of the daughter from time to time.
>>
>>9472903
Gozer
>>
>>9473255
She was pretty coom tier in the movie.
>>
What are the best GB figures to get? Plasma series? Seems they're all sold out now which is a bummer.
>>
>>9473344
They're much better than Matty's and Selects in my opinion. Normal ones are out of stock but the slimed glow in the dark versions are still up for preorder on hasbropulse.
>>
New thread:

>>9473766
>>9473766
>>9473766
>>9473766

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.