[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 116 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1634957711386.png (964 KB, 1000x951)
964 KB
964 KB PNG
Previous thread: >>9316258

THE ARCHIVES: https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/Warhammer/

ToyMarineMaker (Custom marine pieces/weapons):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-McFarlane-Space-Marine-Choose-Your-Custom-Wargear-Lot/114517513734?hash=item1aa9c69606:g:LYAAAOSwD4Ffrw-G&var=414707186656

GW's post about this upcoming Joytoy: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/22/reinforce-your-shelves-with-new-ultramarines-and-blood-angels-action-figures-from-joytoy/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Article+&utm_campaign=JOYTOY,+Oct+22

If the first wave is anything to go by, they will make them available for preorder for about a week.
>>
>>9405438
These lool awesome, especialy for this scale.
Remember growing up and all chinese toys were absolute dollar store crap?

How do you feel now that china is making some of coolest original and IP figures recently. Times have really changed huh.
>>
>>9405573
China is still really gay
>>
>>9405438
those things are sick and I'm definitely getting the ultras. i strongly dislike this dumb ass dread babybox but might still get it, depending if they show off new vehicles in the meantime

what do you wish they did next?
god i want an inquisitor at that scale, any of them but Eisenhorn most of all, with just tons of fancy borderline heretical gear
>>
>>9405897
I think I'd like a squad of chaos marines more than anything.
>>
where can I get that dreadnought?
>>
>>9405983
Pretty sure it's still just a proto right now.
>>
>>9405438
Weird that they haven’t been doing any Black Templars figures to tie into the new release
>>
>>9405573
>Remember growing up and all chinese toys were absolute dollar store crap?
Bruh...you DO know probably most all the toys you've ever owned were made in China, right?
>>
>>9406053
I think he means Chinese toys that are actually acknowledged as being made more directly by Chinese companies. A lot of "Chinese" toys are designed or at least managed by companies in other countries.
>>
>>9405897
Anything imperial guard related
>>
>>9406053
Yes the factory's in china make them, but the ideas and blueprints are made in other countries
>>
>>9406053
This isn’t true anymore. A lot of companies have moved factories to Vietnam and other countries. I saw it on a toy I bought from last year.
>>
>>9406067
Yes that's what i mean.
Everyone knows that most toy production is outsourced. But the products are still designed inhouse by western companies.

But recently we have Storm collectibles, joytoy, all the top tier transformers TPs and many others. They all have been designing and producing high quality products that stand up to and often surpass western quality. Granted there are still some quality control and cheap plastic issues but these are obviously consequences of greed or small company limitations.
>>9406198
Idk about toy production but since the US set some trade restrictions with china. they have been making fake factories in vietnam where they add one part to the product and say its made in vietnam to avoid the sactions. It hapens with phones.
>>
>>9406272
All of my 1/6 scale figures are designed and made in china and they're all fucking awesome.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1631271838056.jpg (28 KB, 480x640)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>9405946
Well, I have some good news for you then. I've also heard that they're working on chaos terminators too.
>>
>>9405438
Wake me up when these out of touch faggots do some beakies, until then fuck off
>>
>>9407541
Fuck, I already love how that looks
>chaos terminators too.
oooh baby, that's that good shit
>>
>>9407604
GW is never ever going to allow beakies and you know it
>>
Too bad I fucking hate everything primaris
>>
>>9405573
Well Chinese companies don’t need to deal with licensing issues, lawsuits and foreign factors. That’s why you see some 3rd party transformers blowing away the hasbro stuff
>>
>>9407876
Meet Kayvaan Shrike, Chapter Master of the Raven Guard. Whats that attached to his belt there? Looks like a beaky helmet to me.
>>
>>9408261
Why does he have emo hair
>>
>>9408261
Kayvaan Shrike looks like he's about to read me his poetry where the word "suicide" appears at least 5 times.
At any rate, one whole character has a beakie helm huh?
>>
>>9408274
Because Raven Guard
>>9408323
>At any rate, one whole character has a beakie helm huh?
No, the Primaris Raven Guard Upgrade Kit has them too so the Beaky hasn't been retired yet.
>>
>>
File: 1623386954069.jpg (92 KB, 900x900)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>9408261
>>9409030
>no changes to the gorget to accomodate the helmet
>just a considerably shorter beak
>pay us $15 to get this thing that previously was available in all tactical, devestator, assault and veteran packs :)))))
>make sure to buy several there buddy, we had to reduce extra bits in each box so you can't make back money reselling things you don't need
>and we certainly don't want to harm newcomers by making things too scawwy and having extra modeling required like conversions
>still monopose starter set minis being sold for higher than multipart kit prices
I get that you have based your life around this company and this hobby but please you don't need to do this for them. They don't consider you human.
>>
>>9405438
>tfw bigger fully painted and articulated toys are almost the same price as GW's unpainted plastic
It really makes you think
>>
>>9405573
Yet their women will even the lowliest of Pajeet before touching them.
>>
>>9409101
GW's products are a scam. Only their paints are anywhere near worth it.
>>
>>9408511
>No, the Primaris Raven Guard Upgrade Kit has them too so the Beaky hasn't been retired yet.
Well, once we get raven guards maybe we'll get beakie.
Todd should have done a beakie for his raven guard, but he's lazy.
>>
File: McF Orks.png (794 KB, 783x543)
794 KB
794 KB PNG
Are these sized right? I was expecting them to be a bit taller.
>>
>>9411032

Exposing myself a little here since I'm not deep into 40K, but from what I've read, the Primaris are supposed to be 7'6-7'8 (?) while the Meganobz are 10'3 or at the same height as a Terminator
>>
>>9409446
There's no moving them, they removed all armor except for MkX completely from all stuff moving onwards after 8e. That is a fact, and just because you can buy some fucked up ugly ass beakies in an "upgrade pack" that is somehow worse and includes less than pewter upgrade packs from 2001 came with doesn't mean that Mk6 is dead and gone forever. Once again I know that you literally cannot cope with the idea that the company you have constructed your personality about could do you wrong, but GW put marines in the ground and they will never come back.

>>9409439
Only their washes and certain technical paints. Every single one of their regular paints are worse than tamiya and vallejo, and despite their metallics being quite good a few years ago, vallejo stepped it up massively recently.

>>9411032
Not even close. The average ork boy is the same size as a marine, Nobz are the size of terminators, and meganobz are effectively nobz wearing terminator armor. Even with the extra roid height on primaris, they are not tall enough. Need to be around a head higher.
>>
>>9411032
Should been taller but then the sister is almost the Marine size, scale is fucked. Still nice toys.

Also GW always had shit scale so you can say it's canon
>>
>>9411032
>Are these sized right?
>>9411158
>Need to be around a head higher.

No, they're a bit short for the "typical" meganob. It also kills me that the power klaw on the right dude is incorrectly rotated 45 degrees to point down like captain hook instead of sideways like a crab claw.

>>9412024
>scale is fucked. Still nice toys.
>Also GW always had shit scale so you can say it's canon

Yeah, upside, orks continuously grow as they age and fight and so technically orks can be any size canonically, depending on how old they are and what sector they're from. I feel like they'll be sufficiently beefy if you're posing them with non mcfarlane toys and downright huge if you're having them menace import figs.
>>
>>9405438
>Death Company
>Primaris

Jeez, OK.

They're gonna do regular Blood Angels, right?
>>
>>9413341

No idea, but I need them to do Fists or Templars.

I want some sons of Dorn.
>>
Anyone bought or printed any weapons or accessories for a McFarlane marine? A lot of people make them but they're all so expensive. So many of the power claws or power swords people print look really nice though.
>>
>>9415027
I've bought a bunch from TMM, all of which I've been really satisfied with. Also bought from a couple other sellers on ebay/etsy for things he doesn't offer, and while they're not bad, they're quite a bit more expensive compared to TMM's offerings for equal or lesser quality prints.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1635504651376.jpg (23 KB, 720x480)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV19T4y1R7UV?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0
Damn, pre-orders fucking when?!
>>
>>9416377
Oh they had a video with the intercessors too. Also looking pretty good!
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV15h411n7jC?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0
>>
File: 20211029_132749.jpg (1.32 MB, 2573x2767)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>9415027

ToyMarineMaker here, there are a few people making things now with most are on Ebay and/or Etsy if that is where you have looked. My prices reflect some of the effort it takes to resize and prototype parts for the figures. I try to keep the prices low to something I would be willing to pay.

>>9416119
Thanks for the kind words!

More to come, just posted some more skulls and weapons to my ebay listing. I also will be getting into the JoyToy scale once my figures arrive
>>
>>9416565
Hey TMM can I ask youi where you found the heavy bolter and ammo belt file you use for the Heavy Bolter Kit? I can't find a good Heavy Bolter and ammo belt anywhere and its been bugging the crap outta me.
>>
>>9417129
To clarify, I'm talking about the STL files.
>>
>>9416565
Nice 1/18 stuff. Would you do any imperial guard lasguns in that scale too? Or any plasma weapons
>>
>>9417146
Yes, I have not seen a good one either. I ended up having to model them both from scratch in Tinkercad
>>
>>9416377
>>9416384
fucking sick
way better than the scout type units
getting all 3
>>
>>9417321
Damn. Guess I'll just buy the STL for a Space Marine with Heavy Bolter statue and just modify the bolter. Gonna have to start learning how to better mod stuff now.
>>
File: 444444.png (1.29 MB, 920x1007)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>
I would buy beakie

where is beakie?
>>
gib death korps
>>
Getting back into warhammer 40k again. I recently rummaged around in my shed and found my ork stompa, orc army, tao army and ultramarine army from all the way back in 2008. Same with the paints. I managed to find Goblin Green which I later learned is no longer in circulation. Not a full pot but around half and with some water I could resalvage it to 3/4 of a pot.
I bought some other paints and some eldar dire avengers just to try out my painting skills once again. Probably wont get back into playing it though honestly but I do like the books.
What is the situation with 40k where you are? Is it dead or is it still a popular hobby? Last time I played was 5th edition so i have no idea about the rules now lol.
>>
Sister of Battle on sale again. I thought the Blood Angel was going for fifteen USD, but I can’t find it.
>>
are they gona do eldar?
>>
>>9409439
>>9411158
Vallejo airbrush metallics (both the Metal Color and Air Metallic ranges) are so much better than any other acrylic metal paints it's unreal. Their regular metal ranges are shit, but the airbrush metallics (thin enough to brush on without mixing) are the best you'll ever use.
>>
File: dread_statue.jpg (190 KB, 1440x1440)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
What do you guys think of this thing? It's mostly a statue but it's interesting.
>>
>>9421621
I think its way to small. Other than its its pretty cool.
>>
>>9411032
>These orks are $40
>Scale is completely wrong

Hahahahaha McFartlane strikes again.
>>
File: PicsArt_11-01-03.44.20.jpg (1.01 MB, 1000x1334)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
These guys are really nice. If you could only collect one line I'd honestly suggest the joytoys over the McFarlane or bandai
>>
Joy Toy are doing great, I wonder how long those joints etc will hold up over time. I know these are more display than play figs but still
>>
>>9417669
>fucking sick
>way better than the scout type units
>getting all 3
>>9416377
>https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV19T4y1R7UV?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0
>Damn, pre-orders fucking when?!
Considering their rep on all large mechs, I am certainly keen af to get this!
>>
>>9421621

Should be larger, the torso holds a whole crippled SM body. Other than that it looks cool.
>>
>>9405573
Why are you Chinese shills so hilariously retarded. All toys are made in China.
>>
File: SisterWIP.jpg (879 KB, 2250x3000)
879 KB
879 KB JPG
Working on painting my Sister. Coming along quite quickly, helped by S75 metallics being fucking awesome. Pretty happy with her so far; I wanna do something to define the armour a bit more, tempted to shade the recesses with targeted oil washes. Don't want to overdo it, just enough to add a bit more definition.
Colours so far for those that care:
>Armour: Vallejo Insignia White
>Corset: Contrast Wyldwood (two layers), highlight with a mixture of Vallejo Beige Brown and Smoke and then add very fine highlights (for the edges of the strips and to add mini "scratches" with pure Beige Brown
>Dark silver: S75 Black Metal
>Gold: S75 Necro Gold
>>
File: SisterCorsetWIP.jpg (953 KB, 3000x2250)
953 KB
953 KB JPG
>>9426370
Close up on the corset. Quite pleased with this, really looks like worn leather IMO.
>>
>>9416565
I ordered some stuff from you and the price was pretty fair in my opinion.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1636111362863.jpg (36 KB, 640x960)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>
>>9411111
Nice get
>>
>>9423056
don't they cut the limbs off
>>
>>9428907
Not a fan of librarians in general, but that looks nice. I like how they're starting to include helmets for everyone too.
>>
gregsarabiaart started selling some parts.
>>
>>9422461
If Bandai or McFarlane gave a shit about painting them at least a little bit that'd be cool. McFarlane can get away with it because they're cheap, but all Bandai has is some sad shading for the price. These JoyToys are just so properly done for the price.
>>
>>9423056
>>9429197
It depends on the interpretation. If it was just limbs, they could just be replaced by cybernetics, i.e. Iron Hands. I've seen art where it's basically just a nervous system and some lungs in a vat of amniotic fluid, and I think the Black Templars comic from a few years ago had that Dreadnought who was a head and upper torso in the sarcophagus bit.
>>
>>9428907
oh my god, yes
i just hope the robes arent too stiff
>>
High quality photos incoming, this things are a piece of art.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>9431235
They're really nailing the paints that many painters use on their minis, that's definitely the coolest part of this line.
>>
>>9430339
Bandai's just reminds me of a shitty model kit. Could have been cheaper if they just sold it as a model kit lmao.
>>
>>9431235
If this shit comes with a pilot it’s the easiest buy I can imagine.
>>
>>9431753
It does
>>
>>9431235
Realistically, what price are we looking at here? like $130?
>>
>>9406053
>>9405573
I swear to fuck I've seen these same exact two posts at least twice before on this board
>>
>>9432186

Chinese propaganda is a real thing.
>>
>>9431784
I wouldn't be surprised if they charged 150 for it.
>>
>>9432621
hahahahaha

EASY
>>
>>9405897
Anything dark eldar is always at the top of my list, but since they'll never happen I guess I'll take an inquisitor and a jokaero.
>>
>>9433707
>hahahahaha
>300
>EASY
Ikr...but damn lol
>>
>>9433707
say sike right now
>>
FUCKING HERETICS!
>>
>>9431235
This looks awesome but why tf would you build a mech for gunfighting that has an exposed cockpit?
>>
>>9435396
Because GW's designers after 2005 or so became severely brain damaged. Every single new units they made since the beginning of 4e has been embarrassing at best and offensively bad at worst. Only way they could convince people to buy them is by making their rules so much better than normal marines that you literally could not compete without buying primaris and their incredibly shitty looking toys. This one specifically is because they wanted to reuse existing CAD files for their awful new dreadnought but have a scout vehicle for an army that in no way benefits from scouting on the tabletop or in the lore.
>>
>>9435411
New dreadnought looks good
>>
>>9435414
Kill yourself.
>>
>>9435416
Nah, also old dreadnoughts look silly as fuck. Big babies waddling about.
>>
>>9435416
I'd tell you to kill yourself boomer, but you're already have one foot in the grave anyway. Blind faggot.
>>
>>9435423
>literally the same design but rounded and 1 inch longer with a bunch of modern military styled weapons that don't fit in 40k
>not still silly
Retard.
>>
>>9435436
Yeah, they look less like waddling babies. Overall, just better. I'm glad you agree old dreadnoughts look silly though.
>>
>>9435447
You must be 18 to post here, zoomer. How can you even afford to shill for GW and buy their somehow even more overpriced and somehow even shittier models on your parents' handouts? Autismbux?
>>
>>9435470
Typical lazy boomer. Go and get yourself a better job, if you even have one, and maybe you'll be less of a bitter faggot lmao.
>>
>>9435472
>pay more money for less parts that you aren't allowed to pose in any way other than the corporate approved method
>lazier
No seriously please tell me how it tastes eating garbage and begging a bunch of brit faggots for more. I'm sure that you'll get the ability to convert your own stuff eventually, maybe once you learn about sculpting and the other shit they were willing to teach you even 5 years ago before they aimed at the social media audience.
>>
>>9435481
Just fuck off already you angry raging faggot. No one cares about your shit opinions.
>>
>>9435481
>New dreadnought has more joints to work with for a better range of poses, and better proportions
>NO YOU HAVE TO USE THE OLD WADDLING BOX!!!
I'm definitely not going to use the retarded boomer approved method lol.
>No seriously please tell me how it tastes eating garbage and begging a bunch of brit faggots for more
You're the ones on your knees begging GW for scraps for your classic marine army lmao. You know you can just fuck off if you hate their new products so much, right?
>>
>>9431243
cute blue boi
>>
So how long does ShowZ store normally take to ship shit?
>>
>>9435915
Anywhere from two weeks to a month.
>>
BIG BOY
>>
>>9436035
This bitch might scale pretty nicely with the World of Halo mantis.
>>
>>9436035

That's gonna rock.
>>
>>9431246
damn, does joytoy not do soft goods? this thing is gonna be a brick. good thing the rest of the line seems free to move
>>
>>9436635
To be fair, 1:18 soft goods would look like pure ass. 1:12 soft goods look bad enough.
>>
>>9409055
there doesnt need to be changes to the gorget. the picture you fuckin replied to shows a normal primaris body wearing a beak just fine. and the beak looks more authentic to RT era beaks.
>>
File: DE3A.jpg (271 KB, 1600x1240)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>9435411
>Every single new units they made since the beginning of 4e has been embarrassing at best and offensively bad at worst.
Sounds like a space marine problem.
>>
Please be under $200
please be under $200
>>
File: FDwY-XzWUAIwc4s.jpg (84 KB, 662x960)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Fuck me, this wave is going to drain my wallet.
>>
>>9437220
Praying to the gods pre-orders show up during AliExpress during 11/11 special event
>>
>>9437101
The single beakie that they made to get retards like you to defend their shit armor designs are considerably shorter than actual Mk6 helmets. People attempted to fit normal helmets onto the Primaris bodies and even longer Mk7 snouts like on some of the Devestator heads don't fit because of the gorget. They don't in any way look more "authentic". They're shorter and several are missing the side vents and have a completely different head shape in general. Once again I know that you've only been into this shit for 2 years but please shut the fuck up when discussing armour marks with people who actually know shit.
>>
>>9409030
Looks good, fuck autistic boomers.
>>
>>9437323
>People attempted to fit normal helmets onto the Primaris bodies and even longer Mk7 snouts like on some of the Devestator heads don't fit because of the gorget.
Trim the gorget down then you obnoxious hobbylet.
>>
>>9437220
FUCK It's not even a proper dread and I've managed to hold off on all the other Ultrashits but this will be the biggest FOMO if this turns out to be a one-off. Pre-orders when??
>>
When are the chaos boys coming out
>>
>>9437220
It's so properly huge and it's only 1/18. My hope for a McFarlane dread is 0 now.
>>
>>9438311
since his stuff is non-scale, i'd buy it. Maybe it'll end up being 1:18.
Shit's completely oversized, so as long as it sorta kinda fits a 3-4" figure, i'd be good.

Speaking of which, how tall are those mekboys supposed to be IRL? People are saying they're way undersized, so maybe it'll work for 4"?
>>
>>9438304
Probably next wave with the gravis captain. Also, aren't terminators shorter than intercessors in the lore? Feels kinda awkward having ultrasmurf intercessors just towering over chaos terminators imo.
>>
>>9438304
i think all of Mcfarlanes shit got stuck on a boat.
>>
>>9438346
>Speaking of which, how tall are those mekboys supposed to be IRL? People are saying they're way undersized, so maybe it'll work for 4"?
Orks don't have a fixed size per se, they can be any size from roughly as big as a Firstborn (which is still big) to FUCKHUEG. McFarlane's Meganobz could be bigger, but they're not egregiously small either. 40K has fucked scale anyway, and if you go by the miniatures the Meganobz look to be roughly the right size? The Sisters however are completely out of scale and way too big, given that they're supposed to be unaugmented humans and the figures are the same size as Primaris, who are supposed to be slightly bigger than Firstborn,
who would already tower over a Sister.
>>
File: ork formers.jpg (130 KB, 640x640)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>9438590
yeah, i skipped out on the Sisters. I also skip a lot of McFarlane's DC stuff too, because I'm a scalefag, but i won't pass over great looking shit.

And yeah, i know all about GW's lack of scaleness too, but that's just the nature of their games since forever.
NEver really liked the orks in the game, but I'm defintely down with them as toys. all i really know about the orks is whatever short story or funny shit that gets posted on randomly on /k/ or /co/
>>
>>9437624
GW does not encourage you to modify existing kits, anon. This is 2021, you're supposed to assemble as directed and then paint according to the youtube channel. Conversions and modifications are too advanced and scary for the current year 40k consumer.
>>
>>9438590
>using the term "firstborn"
>doesn't know shit about the lore
Checks out. Meganobz are the largest of the large, bigger than normal nobz, second only to Warbosses. They're as tall as Terminators without armour, and in mega armour they're taller than basically any humanoid race. The entire appeal of the army and the race is the size of them. It's just McFarlane taking the CAD files handed to them by GW and upsizing them to action figure size. Details and bits are identical to the meganob kit including the complete lack of leg articulation. McFarlane just does not care about the license or the scale because they don't care about any of those in any line they have. Joytoy may still be stuck making primaris trash but at least they're just sticking to heroic scale instead of poorly interpreting it without a care in the world just to fit into a retail space.
>>
>>9438607
>"GW didn't say you can do it so you can't!"
And in any event that's factually wrong. Fuck, the new AoS rulebook prominently features a heavily converted army in it, going out of its way to say "converting your army to be unique is fun!". I know GW does a lot of dumb shit but there's no need to make stuff up.
>>9438610
>"Y-You don't know shit about the lore"
>"They're as tall as Terminators"
Terminators aren't much taller than a standard Space Marine, they're just bulkier. Most of their "height" is the armoured backpack anyway, their heads are roughly in the same spot as a regular Marine. And Primaris are taller than Terminators anyway so the point is moot. I know you hate everything new and think it's cool to be an obnoxious grognard, but at least get your facts straight.
>>
>>9437122
I do find it kinda funny how Space Marine players want EVEN MORE new kits despite having an already enormous range even discounting Primaris. Like they've been the spoiled children of the community for decades, and we're supposed to feel bad for them because GW are making Space Marines instead of Space Marines (whilst still producing Space Marines anyway). If we're going to complain about kits not being updated, try being a World Eaters player with the fucking ancient Khorne Berzerker box, or an Emperor's Children player with nothing but Finecast upgrade kits.
Nice Raider BTW.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Anyone get the bandai chibi calendar? i might if it goes down in price
>>
>>9437220
im thinking 400 dollars when i see it now
>>
>>9438616
>plays AoS
>reads 1d4chan
Sasuga.
Terminators have been taller than regular marines since they got their current design between RT and 2e. Modern minis are actively made to make them as hard to convert as possible with everything being monopose and removing everything from WD encouraging conversions for the last 4 years. The amount of extra bits in each box dropped by such a drastic amount that it's pointless to even try, probably just to harm the 3rd party bits sellers on ebay that made the hobby actually possible.
>>
>>9407873
>>9407541
my poor wallet
>>
>>9438712
Where the fuck did you get 1d4chan from you fucking schizo?
>Terminators have been taller than regular marines since they got their current design between RT and 2e.
What are you smoking? The heads come to the same spot on regular Marines and Terminators. And anyway, Space Marine scale is fucked. To out it into perspective, if you made Firstborn to true scale and then made a Rhino big enough to feasibly carry 10 in the back, it'd be bigger than a Land Raider. Crying about the scale being wrong in 40K is like crying about water being wet.
>Modern minis are actively made to make them as hard to convert as possible with everything being monopose and removing everything from WD encouraging conversions for the last 4 years.
People have been converting solid pewter models for years. If you're defeated by a plastic miniature, you are a hobbylet.
>>
File: Manius.png (1.28 MB, 1080x1619)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
What have been the best sites to get the first releases for JoyToy in China? I've heard AliExpress and Tmall but I'm not certain.
>>
>>9407886
>Too bad I fucking hate everything primaris

they all look the same
>>
>>9437323
anon I've been into this for literally the last 12 years. learn to use a knife and cut the gorget yourself if it activates your almonds that much.
>>
>>9438813
its like theyre allergic to milliput.
scupting is part of the hobby, lol.
>>
Hi there!

We are writing to you today regarding your order XXXXXXXXXXXX for the Bandai White Scars Intercessor Action Figure.

As you know this action figure was made specially to order by Bandai for you. The good news is that this process is now complete! Due to ongoing global shipping issues however, there will be a delay with its arrival to you.

We know that this isn't ideal, but we wanted to make sure we kept you in the loop regarding the situation - currently we are anticipating that the figure should be with you before Christmas - although if we get a more specific date we will be right in touch to confirm that with you.

I hope that this information is useful, but if you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.

Kind regards
Games Workshop Customer Service
>>
>>9439488

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
File: FAfCPd3VIAEoTE7.jpg (47 KB, 479x680)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>
File: FAe5LWfVgAElueG.jpg (81 KB, 680x510)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>
>>9438813
>>9439117
>pewter and resin models made to take advantage of rubber moulds to get finer detail and not flat-cast like injection moulding
>injection moulded kits that worked from 1990 and steadily added more compatibility and more interchangability with lines like deldar being built so 100% of infantry could share parts for conversions
>2018
>all new models are flat-cast starter set pushfit minis without the pegs
>no parts interchangability
>no alternate posing without sawing and resculpting
>worse sculpts than pre 2e due to everything being monopose flat cast with more hollwing out and carving required to get rid of flat cast shit

If you think this is fine then you're a fucking retard. You could previously buy any SM kit from any army and everything worked. You could build whatever the fuck you wanted and were given dozens of extra parts to encourage kitbashing and conversion. Neither of these things happen anymore. You're given starter minis with less options for more money. The hobby aspect of the fucking hobby was thrown out to sell entirely fresh marine armies to people who are too afraid of actually building and painting minis and thus the entire product range was nerfed to accommodate them.

>>9439054
This. 8 armour marks + god knows how many minor variations on every different one over 30 years and then suddenly mkX exists and has no little to no variations whatsoever outside of honor guard helmets and the upgrade kits that are somehow worse and include less than mail away exclusive upgrade packs from 3e.
>>
>>9439488
>White Scar
>delayed

kek
>>
>>9439488
>currently we are anticipating that the figure should be with you before Christmas
Well it's nice of them to give us a heads up, but wasn't it always due to be out in December?
Unless they're warming us up for a "lol we never said which Christmas" i can't be TOO mad
>>
McFarland, Bandai, JoyToy
Who has figs from all the 3, pros/cons, comparison, value... yadda, yadda.
Dont have any but looks like JoyToy best
>>
>>9439571
anon have you tried looking at any mini that isnt a space marine? vanilla space marines have always been boring. litterally always.
>>
space marines are cute
>>
Anyone else making one when the phobos armor hits? I'm definitely slapping a beaky on instead, though.
>>
>>9439639
Bandai, in my opinion, are too expensive for what they offer.
I think you know what to expect from Mcfarlane, they are not wonderful, but they are cheap.
The Joytoys are honestly fucking great, and I think warhammer gives way to be much better in 1:18 scale anyways.
>>
>>9439785
>Bandai, in my opinion, are too expensive for what they offer.
>I think you know what to expect from Mcfarlane, they are not wonderful, but they are cheap.
>The Joytoys are honestly fucking great, and I think warhammer gives way to be much better in 1:18 scale anyways.
Kind of what I thought , tx 4 feedback
>>
>>9439736
>5 different armies all with their own aesthetic and all interchangeable and compatible
>more variety in the Sternguard kit than in the entire Tau army
>boring
I also mentioned Deldar which are some of the best minis they ever made but sure.
>>
>>9439571
>worse sculpts than pre 2e due to everything being monopose flat cast with more hollwing out and carving required to get rid of flat cast shit
OK, you're actually retarded. The quality of the sculpts absolutely mogs the earlier Space Marine releases, largely because they don't have to accommodate the ball joint waist that only allowed for a few decent poses anyway. The newer models may not be brainlet-mode easy to convert but the fluidity of the sculpts are much, much better. And anyway, the Firstborn range is still in production. You can literally still buy them.
>>
Wasn't games workshop selling joytoy?
>>
>>9440627
seems like they're just doing limited sales, likely just made to order. Hard to say, given china.
>>
They're apparently selling the invictor for 100usd in China. Hope GW doesn't get too greedy with the pricing here.
>>
The only place I've seen them is on the GW website for limited order. I managed to get the first wave and really hope I don't miss out on the second whenever it's announced. I wish these things were easier to find in the states.
>>
File: DSCN9877.jpg (142 KB, 1200x900)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
These Necrons are such fun figures.
>>
So is there any idea when these are supposed to go up for pre-order? I don't really have to much /toy/ so not in the loop for this kind of thing.
>>
File: figz.jpg (411 KB, 1200x900)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>9441489
I like em alot. I just got the flayed one. Can't wait for dem orky boyz.
>>
>>9439539
>>9439543
so are you gonna post some pics of the toy or what?
>>
File: 1624912673834.jpg (9 KB, 240x193)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I ordered the new Joytoy Ultramarines, Blood Angles and Librarian from an Aliexpress store, the listing says delivered by December 7th. Then they message me saying January 22nd.
>>
>>9444547
Got a link or the name of the store?
>>
>>9443778
Dust your collection or I will Istvaan III your entire house
>>
>>9444547
Link now pleAse. Is the invictus up too?
>>
Link to the Aliexpress. Shit is expensive compared to the 1st wave

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/JOYTOY/911748169_10000002175955.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148362.7.5eac1ab2CZx7kr&origin=n&SortType=new_desc&g=y
>>
>>9444812
They get you with the entry level, then throw out the expensive stuff afterwards.
>>
>>9444720
>>9444801
I promised I wouldn't tell but it's one of the big ones. It begins with an F. Just message them and ask if they can sell to you and you won't say where you got them.

Yes the Invictus is up but I'm not getting it, too big and I didn't care for Joytoy's big mechs before.
>>
>>9444812
Beware of that delivery date, they're telling me January 22nd for delivery after I fucking ordered.
>>
>>9444812

>US $358.00 / piece
>>
>>9444812
danke anon
ordered the librarian, the mech and a squad of Ultras

cant wait for the squad of chaos and then play 1/18 Kill Team across my living room
>>
>>9444812
Shit, that's a pretty penny for one 1:18 figure. Guess I'll stick to my cheap todd garbage
>>
>>9405438
When are the mcfarlane orks going to be out?
>>
>>9445096
>cheap todd garbage
one of us! one of us!
>>
>>9444812
>https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/JOYTOY/911748169_10000002175955.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148362.7.5eac1ab2CZx7kr&origin=n&SortType=new_desc&g=y
is this link dead now, takes me to nothing
>>
>>9445284

Same here, looks like we were late. Oh well.

>>9445097

Judging how two of their upcoming DC figures are out in the wild already without an official announcement or preorder window set, I'd say that at this point it could happen before the end of the month.
>>
>>9444730
I knew someone would say something about that. I do, just for whatever reason my room is incredibly dusty. I have to dust my figs and gunpla with a makeup brush like once a month.
>>
>>9445297
>Same here, looks like we were late. Oh well.
just wait for other retailers to get it
>>
>>9445297
Don't worry GW will have them up for pre-order also.
>>
Oooo up on Alie

>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003543420587.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.3.773d1ab2JtDuHA
Invitcor $170

Packs are $150
>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003543312680.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.9.773d1ab2JtDuHA

Ouch
>>
>>9448085
And sold out, think they'll be more expensive when they go on the other sites?
>>
>>9448664
If its more than $150 for a 4 pack than I won't even feel bad about missing out on this line
>>
File: IMG_20211115_222651.jpg (1.6 MB, 2448x3264)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
>>
>>9448085
Aren't these suppose to be cheaper for the chinese market? I am sure the dude's selling at higher price than Someone said the Invictor should be around 140$ US in China.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1024)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>
>>9450820
What am I looking at here? Is it some kind of new awful Dreadnought replacement?
>>
>>9450845
No, just a 3d printed Redemptor Dreadnought.
>>
File: No.jpg (36 KB, 519x354)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>9450845
>he doesn't recognize a Redemptor
>>
File: rylanor.png (3.9 MB, 1875x2075)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB PNG
>>9451139
Yeah, I've always prefered the standard box with legs Dreadnought, but the Redemptors are nice.
>>
>>9451222
>>9451139
>>9450887
*Contemptor. Redemptors are the new Primaris Dreadnoughts.
>>
>>9451749
I'm genuienly dissapointed i myself for mixing up the 2. And to then sully Rylanor only makes it worse.
>>
>>9451139
Bruh, I'm a 90s player. I don't know shit about Primaris and from what I've seen, I don't care to. This "Redemptor Dreadnought" is ugly as fuck, just like practically everything else Primaris I've seen.
>>
>>9453432

Like you, I've been playing since the late 80s and early 90s and also not a fan of Primaris in general. But I'm not going to lie... the characters, intercessors, and eradicators look amazing. The dread isn't too bad (the one above is actually a Contemptor and not a Redemptor). But yea, the rest of the primaris line is garbage and I'm just waiting for actual primaris terminators to decide if I'll make a new age Dark Angels army or just skip Marines entirely.
>>
>>9453432

This isn't a Primaris thing it is from the Horus Heresy time period and both in game and irl was out before Primaris existed.
>>
>>9454317

It's also based on one of the earliest dreadnought models from Epic. So it's older than asshats like >>9453432 think it is.
>>
>>9454317
>>9454642
oh good, i thought i was going crazy, because i remembered it being an older design but when i looked it up, it only brought up primaris shit.
>>
>>9454068
>>9454317
>>9454642
I can admit I'm wrong. Did some research and while Redemptors are a new Primaris thing, Contemptors apparently are not. I'm not really a fan of the design regardless. It's not like GW was bulletproof back in the day anyway, they had their fair share of designs I absolutely hated. But like many 90s players, it all congeals into a melange of rose-tinted good memories when I think back to that era of 40k unless I really consciously try to think about what I didn't like.
>>
>>9455054

Sorry. I'm just tired of people shitting on Primaris.
>>
>>9457115
That's fair. I imagine it would get tiring real fast if I actually liked Primaris, as I have heard virtually no one ever actually say anything positive about it.
>>
No pics from me cause it's late and the lighting is terrible, but I got my Joytoy boys today. These are my first Joytoy figures ever, and I was a bit anxious because I heard people say they don't have the greatest construction/quality.

But I worried for nothing, these are fucking great. Articulation is smooth, they're pleasantly chunky for 1/18 figures, as they should be, and the paintjobs are impeccable. That edge highlighting looks stellar, I hope they can keep this up with future waves. This is almost enough to convince me to quit buying McFarlane and go all-in on JoyToy...almost. These things are at the moment too precious and expensive to consider customizing, and McFarlane fills that niche nicely.
>>
File: IMG_20211120_014346.jpg (1.98 MB, 3264x2448)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
What are you guys working on while waiting for the next wave? I just finished this guy, after taking a break from the Kreigers I'm doing
>>
>>9457728
Getting on with my Tyranids. Got some Hormagaunts that have been sitting in "Just a few more highlights" limbo for ages now, need to crack on and finish them.
>>
File: eeeeeee.jpg (146 KB, 953x570)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>945772

Changed some metal bits after this photo was taken and i still need to do the base
>>
File: joytoy-in-work.jpg (427 KB, 800x908)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>9457544
ToyMarineMaker here, I have been a fan of the articulation on the little figures. I spent the last couple weeks trying to make some new parts for them. I am looking forward to see what comes next!
>>
>>9441489
flayed one > boring one

boring one has gunmy forearms and its so noticeable when putting the gun in his hands
>>
i want a dreadnought i want a dreadnought
>>
File: dreadnaughty.jpg (408 KB, 800x563)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>9462288
You guys gotta watch 'Dread Fall' on Youtube
>>
>>9462324
HELL fucking yeah! Are you TMM too, and if so, are you gonna sell that Dreadnought?
>>
>>9462324

Now that is a good sized dreadnought.
>>
File: dreadnought2.jpg (496 KB, 800x615)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>9462342
>>9462468
Yep that's me, just cranking out the prints over here. I made the dreadnought a while ago and I think it's a good scale for the Joytoy marines. It's nothing I plan on selling although I do have a bike file I want to try resin printing
>>
i like this thread
i like everyone here being angry about my favorite armored space boys
>>
Genestealer pics coming through
>>
>>
>>
And here is where I'll let the experts speak about how it should scared compared to the muhreens

I've read comments so far saying they look fine and that they are supposed to be slightly smaller. But what would I know.
>>
>>9462757

*how it should scale. Fuck me silly, have a bonus pic
>>
>>9462757
Too small, considering they're about the same height as Terminators when hunched, but the sculpt is as on point as it gets. Just really assmad about it being Leviathan for no good reason instead of the classic board game/vidya colours of dark blue and purple. Seems really stupid when nobody has been able to play Nids for 10+ years now due to horrifically badly written codexes, and everyone and their mom into 40k has played Space Hulk in some form or another. Moreso with all the various videogame variations of it in board game form and fps form.
Would help if the AP version wasn't a Ymargl but fuck us I guess.
>>
>>9462216
how does this look with like Joes?
>>
>>9462748
Genestealer looking real good. I was just going to grab the AP because it looked like a more interesting design, but this looks great too.
>>
>>9462757
I think that's about right actually. Hard to say exactly because obviously the model scale is fucked but Genestealers are meant to be about the size of a Firstborn, so it makes sense they'd be smaller than a Primaris.
>>
>>9462758
I know nothing about these toys, or warhammer...
But that is a nice pic.
>>
>>9405438
When are my boys the orkz gonna be available as action figures?
>>
>>9441489
The skin really need a red wash or a glaze.
It looks like bubblegum.
>>
>>9453023

Penance Crusade for you, brother.
>>
>>9462757
Tiny useless alien
>>
>>9463355
Sorry bro, no blood or harmful imagery in 40k. Gotta keep it clean. All those corpses and bodyparts hanging off of the old Flayed Ones? We removed those for you, thought it was too scary.
>>
File: 1633711385076.gif (641 KB, 512x512)
641 KB
641 KB GIF
>>9463351
When I preordered the McFarlane Ork boys they said they released Nov 2021 but I checked different sites and they all have different release dates now. I just recently got an email from the site I preordered from and all 3 Orks and the Ultramarines Reiver have an estimated ship date of Jan 2022.
>>
Glad i held out for this wave. (Purely for space reasons not finances, definitely uhuh uhuh)
>>
>>9463830
God fucking damnit, i just want my boyz together to have them ransack and harass my other toys. Im tired of just having a placeholder space ork which is just a chap mei orc figure. Fuck you todd i need my WARHHAAAAGGGG to start already
>>
File: 565495.gif (738 KB, 498x278)
738 KB
738 KB GIF
>>9436035
>>
File: P1250779E.jpg (568 KB, 1200x1600)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
Women be shopping
>>
File: P1250786E.jpg (553 KB, 1200x1600)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>9464524
Also, I don't know if I ever showed off the completed pauldron I got from TMM. Thanks again dude, happy Thanksgiving!
>>
battlesister bros
>>
File: Gallery.jpg (559 KB, 1080x1259)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
Sorry for the pic that I got from Pinterest of all places, does anyone know where I might acquire the Sanguinary Guard head and jump pack bits used here? Where you getting your stuff from in general, fellow Baalfags?
>>
>>9464599
If you have Facebook, there's a group called "McFarlane Warhammer Repaints, Customs and Primaris Space Marines", they'll have all the info you'll need.
>>
>>9462216
Holy shit dude, at this rate you're going to bankrupt me.
>>
>>9438946
fuckin love the proportions. Less bulky than canon SM but really cool anyways
>>
>>9462774
>Just really assmad about it being Leviathan for no good reason instead of the classic board game/vidya colours of dark blue and purple.

I just checked, and in the description on Amazon it does mention there is a Chase variant, and we all know Todd likes to do repaints in subsequent waves, so who knows?
>>
>>9438946
LockerToys has the next wave up on pre-order: https://www.lockertoys.com/key/index.php?route=product/search&search=warhammer
>>
>>9467060
damn that invictor is already gone
>>
>>9467060
Thanks for the link, I managed to get an order in for the invictor with aliexpress but missed out on the intercessors.
>>
Hey, I tried disassembling this guy a few months ago and struggled with reconnecting his leg. I gave up for a while but I want to try and fix it. I’m nervous that I’ll crack/break any part of it though. Does anyone have any tips for me. The peg is too thicc for the loop and the actual internal rotation is in there real good too.
>>
>>9467884
Have you tried heating it up? Almost boiling water or a hairdryer will make disassembly and reassembly easy.
>>
>>9464524
I really fucking hate this trend of "E-Girl" colored hair" Battle Sister shit
Fuck
>>
So I received my Ultramarines Infiltrators a week ago and I ended up getting another package today from the same store I bought them from and I'm pretty sure they accidently sent me another set of the guys. Should I contact them and let them know they send me a second one I didn't order? I haven't been changed from what I can tell from my bank
>>
>>9467980
If you haven't been charged no way bro thats a free luck bonus item.
>>
File: BeastofNurgle5.jpg (457 KB, 3000x2250)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
Got the AP Hellblaster yesterday and I'm torn. On the one hand I kinda want to do it up as a Loyalist of some form, with minimal modding, as it'd be fun and simple to paint up and my (WIP) Sister would have a friend. On the other hand, I kinda want to make it into a Plague Marine, as whilst it'd be more complicated and time consuming to make, Nurgle stuff is relatively easy and loads of fun to sculpt and paint. FWIW I'm also doing an Intercessor up into a Noise Marine (I've posted pics before). What do, /40kg/?
Also for shits and giggles (literally) here's a Beast of Nurgle I painted a while back.
>>
>>9467414

Until I can get that I don't care about the others.
>>
File: il_1140xN.3399186475_s0oj.jpg (167 KB, 1140x1011)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
So I ended up buying a McFarlane Scale Printed Dreadnought. Hopefully I can get the arms flipped like I asked when I ordered it.
>>
>>9467980
Send them to me for Christmas, I'm poor but would love these
>>
>>9468729
Based and Nurgle-pilled
>>9467963
It's painted to match my girlfriend's hair at the time, and to match the miniature that I did for her. She's not a huge fan of the Sia hair on Sororitas
>>
>>9469542
i think it looks really good
>>
File: SisterHeadWIP.jpg (938 KB, 3000x2250)
938 KB
938 KB JPG
Working on my Battle Sister's head. Very happy with the face so far. Want to give her blonde hair but I'm torn as to whether I should just paint it "normally" or to use a bit of metal medium to give it a slight sheen ala "real" blonde hair. It could look good but I need not to go overboard lest it end up looking like her hair is made of actual gold.
>>
>>9472692
I'd base it with Wraithbone, highlight with drybrush it with Auric Armor, then very lightly drybrush it with White Scar
>>9471869
Thanks anon!
>>
>>9472692
keep us posted with progress im legot interested

i just stuck a scarlet johansen ml head on mine
>>
File: FFlJZU1WUAgKr2-.jpg (57 KB, 600x800)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>
>>9478656

>new Games Workshop preorders when
>>
>>9478656
Is this fuckin Joytoy? If so, godDAMN they are making some power moves fast.
>>
>>9478656
Holy FUCK that looks good.
>>
>>9478656
Where did you get this pic from? Facebook?
>>
>>9478656
If this is from JoyToy, then I regret choosing not to collect 1/18. I'm stuck with the either cheap or expensive just okay figures.
>>
Is there an easy way to scale 28mm space marine parts to fit Mcfarlane marines

Just getting around to getting a printer so I can finally complete my vision for my two unpainted ones
>>
File: FB_IMG_1638528902913.jpg (48 KB, 960x640)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>
>>9481096
Jesus, they're just going full throttle now.
GW doesn't even have pre-orders for the second wave, they're already in the third.
>>
>>9481208
They're going crazy with these
>>
>>9478656
Wow, if they can do that for Black Legion I can't wait to see what they can do with Death Guard or World Eaters
>>
>>9481208

Tell me about it! I've been checking the GW website every couple days as I really don't want to miss these things. I really hope GW maintains a permanent listing for these even if I have to wait 6 months after placing an order to get them as they really do look amazing.
>>
>>9481096
Fingers crossed for a pack of Blood Angels assault marines.
>>
I HATE PRIMARIS
I HATE PRIMARIS
I HATE PRIMARIS
>>
File: Mr.Heat.jpg (32 KB, 360x450)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>9481096
>>
>>9481479
As long as they don't have the stupid nikes on, they look like normal marines. I have no problem with these.
>>
>>9464590
How/why are they so cheap bros?
>>
>>9481479
You WILL love the Primaris Marines
You WILL love Roboute Guilliman
You WILL be happy
>>
>>9462757
Tiny lil Midge

Midgestealer.
>>
I LOVE PRIMARIS
I LOVE PRIMARIS
I LOVE PRIMARIS
>>
I'm indifferent towards Primaris. A space marine is space marine.
>>
File: jZD9h7D.jpg (2.34 MB, 2000x2407)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>9482073
>You WILL love the Primaris Marines
If they start using older helmets and armor bits more I won't.
>You WILL love Roboute Guilliman
Never gonna happen, but I do like him and he's being done better than I would have expected. We need some other Primarchs back though, Guilliman by himself has a short shelf life on story potential. We need Dorn and the Lion back to balance everything and maybe give Guilliman some push back and different perspectives and whatnot.
>You WILL be happy
I hope so. I really hope so.
>>
>>9482980
>We need some other Primarchs back though
Guilliman came back and immediately allied himself with Xenos and spread experimental turbo smurfs throughout the galaxy. All bringing back more Primarchs will do is convince them to make End Times Two(tm) and fuck up the lore even worse than the later HH books did. I really wish you retards would understand that 40k is a setting and not a story. You're supposed to tell your characters' stories in the setting, not watch and clap at trademarked characters fighting like it's a marvel movie but with the clock 1 minute closer to midnight.
>>
>>9482996
I honestly don't give a fuck about the setting, I just think the miniatures are cute as fuck. I don't see how space marines or chaos marines are supposed to look intimidating, they're fucking fat and adorable.
>>
>>9405438
How tall are these guys compared to a figma? I wanna get a marine or two but only if they're about the size of a figma or taller
>>
>>9483182
4"
>>
>>9482996
>I really wish you retards would understand that 40k is a setting and not a story
This isn't 1987 dude, there have been stories for 30+ years. Anything with a story stretch that long is going to get lore retcons, just look at fucking comic books. And 40k will never reach an End Times level because unlike WH Fantasy, 40k is actually liked and makes GW money.
>>
>>9483182
>I wanna get a marine or two
The joytoys are only sold in multipacks
>>
File: fren.png (85 KB, 860x499)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>9482980
>I hope so. I really hope so
You will. You just have to let yourself believe it
>>
>>9482996

Look at this assblasted retard. Part of 40k alure is the lore, and that doesn’t take away your ability to ignore it and do your own special donut steel scenarios.
>>
>>9483488
Stories in a setting. The main editions never moved time forwards or created giant happenings that would affect everything else in universe. The only times they did that were worldwide campaigns like Armageddon (twice which affected nothing) and the 13th Black Crusade which caused management at the time to know that they can't and shouldn't move the main plot forwards because it's retarded. Go watch a youtube video or whatever you zoomers do with this property nowadays.

>>9483753
Lore, not plot, fucking retard.
>>
>>9481096
Jesus Christ, this is exactly what I've been dreaming of. Now all I need is some to make some Mk7 and Beaky helms for these guys, and I will be fully satisfied.

The only real downside to me is that they're missing a lot of the "flavor" the minis had. The little things, like wolf skulls, runes, gems, etc. And I can't bring myself to customize such hard-to-get and pricey figures.
>>
>>9485036
That's just how most Primaris stuff is anon, even the models. They might be a little more detailed but with the exception of the Black Templars release Primaris stuff is just soulless.
>>
File: 1638271929357.jpg (9 KB, 292x292)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>9485036
Sadly this: >>9485234
And even with Templars, they're still pale shadows of actual marines, since they were the face of the brand during 3e and got two entire upgrade sprues plus compatibility with all the forgeworld mk2-6 kits for even more crusader flavour.
I genuinely believe that GW is actively discouraging any kind of hobby stuff other than painting by the numbers with how their kits and upgrades are designed now. Scary for newcomers to come into the store and see all these converted models made from a billion different parts and sources, easier to consume and get in if everyone has the same fucking models posed the same fucking way with the same fucking parts.
Doesn't help that even if they decided to go multipose again, normal marines had 7 armour marks to draw from, and a billion minor variations on Mk4, 6, 7 and 8. Best Primaris has done is make stubby mk6ish helmets that look awkward and bad looking mk3 simulacrums with the odd slightly different eagle on a shinpad. Even the fucking art doesn't have any variety in how their armor looks.
>>
>>9405438
I need my sisters of battle.
>>
>>9485234
>>9485265
I like the indomitus stuff like bladeguard vets and the indomitus captain.
>>
>>9485265
perhaps they could just put the fucking options in the base kit like they used to then
>>
i fucking hate the mech you guys i want to like it so much but it just makes me want a chunky chunky dreadnought with a sarcophagus
>>
>>9462324
>>9462499
>>9487362
its perfect
>>
File: 40k.png (1.03 MB, 1749x1199)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>
>>9487362
This. That new mech thing looks generic, like it could have come out of any sci-fi FPS. The classic Dreadnought is so uniquely stodgy and clunky, it's got so much charm.

>>9491006
Great chart anon, very helpful.
>>
>>9487362
cute as fuck
>>
File: 526.jpg (50 KB, 600x695)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Be a hero
>>
File: 40k 2.png (2.25 MB, 3720x1884)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
Updated
>>
>>9491945
THE NURGLING
>>
>>9491945
There's a lack of Chaos now that i think about it.
>>
>>9492088
Honestly? Chaos is pretty lame.
>>
>>9405573
Yeah man. They’ve done a tremendous job stealing IP from around the world. First rate thieves.
>>
>>9491945
There's rumors that joytoy's making chaos terminators, I really hope it's true.
>>
>>9491945
Wait is the GK termi out yet?
>>
>>9492106
Seething Toddlet.
>>
File: joytoy.png (346 KB, 882x920)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
They're up
>>
>>9491945
>1/18 Death Company but no 1/18 BA

Godfuckingdammit
>>
>>9492313

How is this company? It's the first time I've seen them posted on a US company so far.
>>
>>9492406
Known to be very overpriced, especially with imports.
>>
>>9492313

>no mech
>>
>>9492548

What's another more reasonable american distributor? Honestly, this is only one I know of short of the local comic places that are entirely unreliable.
>>
File: file.png (1.25 MB, 960x1280)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
finally received it. very nice overall i'd say, i should snip and shorten the shoelaces tho
>>
>>9493230
Damn that turned out way better than the prototype photos I saw when it was very first announced. I remember thinking it wouldn't be worth the price; seems I was wrong.
>>
>>9493229

Hopefully GW puts them up for preorder like they did wave 1. Was cheaper than BBTS by like $50.
>>
>>9493310

Yea, that's what I'm hoping for. I ordered from BBTS just to ensure I Get them as I Really want them. But I'll cancel the pre-order once GW posts them up.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.