[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FBkQMljVEAQE3sQ.jpg (1.03 MB, 3631x2423)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
New RevoGeo that was never mentioned before being next probably means all previously planned items got scrapped. Revoltech release dates or months for that matter are still iffy at best.

>OCTOBER
RevoGeo Giraffa Nokogirikuwagata - Giraffe Stag-Beetle-

>NOVEMBER
Arkham Knight (DC)
Deadpool Ver.2.0 (Marvel)
Jack Skellington - Glow in the Dark Ver. (Nightmare Before Christmas)

>DECEMBER
Deadpool Ver.2.0 - X-Force Ver.(Marvel)
Todoroki Shoto (My Hero Academia)

>JANUARY
Mickey Mouse -1936- (Disney)
Mickey Mouse -1936-Monotone- (Disney)

>FEBRUARY
Evangelion Kai Unit-08 Gamma (Evangelion: 3.0+1.0)
RevoGeo Kuroohari - Japanese Carpenter Ant-

>MARCH
Horseclaw (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)
Horseclaw - Kushana's Imperial Guard ver. (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)

>TBA
Superman (DC)
Endeavor (My Hero Academia)
Skylark (Super Mecha Chanpions)
Evangelion EUROII Heurtebize
RevoGeo Zarigani? - Crayfish -
RevoGeo Tyrannosaurus Skeleton?
RevoGeo Praying Mantis?
RevoGeo Mantis Shrimp?
AB Nexus (Color Variation)
AB Nexus 1.5 (by Yasuhiro Nightow)
AB Nexus Pixy Armor (by Yutaka Minowa)
AB Nexus Dragon Knight (by Noriyuki Jinguji)
AB Nexus Revo Inu/Dog
AB Nexus Giant Armoroid
AB Nexus Giant Nexus
AB Nexus Massive Driver (by Yasuhiro Nightow)

http://kaiyodo.co.jp/
http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/
http://kt-jizai.com/

For old Revoltechs listing, check
http://www.revoltech.fr/liste.html

Why not know more about who made what?
https://www.kyd-store.jp/fs/figure/c/creator

Previous: >>9373439
>>
I never thought AY should be have ANT-MAN before, but since some anons said they're really should have one after this RevoGeo Ant.
I'm really curious what it'll be like if Yamaguchi really make one.
>>
>>9400215
EDF!
>>
>>9400215
>Only character with 2.0
>Fucking Deadpool
He already has figures made by every single company under the sun
They really should do 2.0 of Kenshin, FMA, Spiderman, etc.
>>
>>9401571
Deadpool is popular in Japan. Deal with it.
>>
>>9401571
They probably still see sales potential (Bandai just did, there is a manga too) but the bigger point is 5th anniversary of AY. He was No.01.

Those were not AY No.01. Kenshin just got a figure and SAS seems to be filling the lineup. FMA is not the hot property people think it is. In the west anime might have a long memory but back in Japan most are forgotten, replaced by the next 200 new anime. The new figure FMA got has nowhere near the level of followup Demon Slayer is getting.
>>
>>9400215
https://youtu.be/cRmES6IJk_o
>>
>>9401571
Deadpool got a 2.0 because he's AY#1 and it's the anniversary. He's also fairly popular so there's little risk involved, and I'm sure they weighed Deadpool 1's popularity against the other lines.
Spider-man just got the Iron Spider figure and I doubt they'll oversaturate their own line.
You're also neglecting that previous Revo lines had Optimus Prime, War Machine, Batman, and several Iron Mans that already got a new figure in the AY line; they just aren't stamped with "2.0". Admittedly, I think Yamaguchi only sculpted Optimus, but still. There's quite a few classic Revos already that got into AY, and it can be argued there are still others with more popularity or sales potential than the ones you listed.
For Shonen, generally speaking I assume they'll focus on current ongoing series rather than older finished ones. FMA ended a number of years ago and the author has a different manga now. Conversely, every season brings a ton of new anime. Kaiyodo should (and probably is) focus on anticipating the next hit or finding a series with untapped potential, then making a few quality figures before GSC or Bandai provide too much competition.
>>
>>9402969
>Yamaguchi only sculpted Optimus
Different anon here. I generally agree with you The AY? I think he did a little more, especially the mechanisms for articulation. The mold design?...how the parts disassemble like a model kit, that might be handled by someone else.

As for what Kaiyodo or AY in particular should do... The risks on betting on a new horse is pretty high with near 10k yen action figures. That sure was the case for old Revos during under 5k days. I think their thinking now is competition is fine, just make something more fun than the other guys. Yamaguchi has a relatively quick turnaround so if there is something on the rise he can squeeze it in too, without taking the risks of anticipating the next big thing and trying to strike first. We see Bandai being fast and have pre-orders on Amazon discounted 50% because the show sucked, or GSC's long release schedule results in figma of IP's folks have lost interest in.

In the meantime AY should just focus on picking interesting characters for Yamaguchi to sculpt. Personally I won't mind a different mecha entries for the EvaEvo slots now that Rebuild ended.
>>
>>9403605
>I think he did a little more, especially the mechanisms for articulation.
That's not what I meant. I'm sure he did all that for Optimus. What I meant is that the sci-fi/movie revos had different sculptors designing them. My point with that is that we're still getting repeats of older Revos in the AY line. Optimus in particular is a Yamaguchi design, but other characters are getting new figures as well.
>>
what's my best option for getting All Might?
>>
>>9401571
I understand the frustration and I definitely agree that more of these releases deserve 2.0s, but Deadpool has been steadily outclassed and shows his age in comparison with more recent releases. Those old shoulders needed to be retired.
>>
>>9403763
probably waiting until a reissue
>>
>>9403637
Ah those other lines. Yamaguchi did actually make all of those you mentioned except Nolan Batman though. The only Sci-Fi and Movie Revo Yamaguchi sculpted was Ultron. He did overlooked articulation for Iron Man Mark 1. But Yamaguchi did the MCU Iron Man and WarMachine in Revol Mini. I feel people these days forget about those. But it's extremely rare for Yamaguchi to sculpt live action properties. I think in his whole career it's only those 3 MCU characters. A few articulation supervisions like SW sure but not sculpting. But they're (mostly CGI) mecha anyways so do they count as live action who knows.

Expanding on the AY revisiting past Revo (or beyond) properties, I thought initially that Blood Blockade Battlefront was going to be the first Japanese IP. Nightow and Kaiyodo are tight, the series is ongoing, there were animes, and existing figures were mediocre. Both the Minis and Figmas, and they both had odd pairing. But I guess the popularity isn't there? I can't tell. Even though it's going longer than Trigun, that seems to have more recognition to this day.
>>
>>9404834
2.0 Vash would be fucking sick even though the original is still a good figure.
>>
>>9404891
>the original is still a good figure
Yeah, my original is still as brand spanking new as the day it came out. Im surprised how well it holds up along with almost all my old revoltechs.
>>
>>9404891
>>9404898
Yeah Revo Vash is solid. All he needs is reissue, newer joints even the smallest 4mm being stronger hinges would help with the flaps. He was big for the revo of the time too.

Blood Blockade Battlefront though, even the figma is undersized so getting some new figures made in appropriate size, better character selection (min 3 or 4) would be a greater benefit. But again, I don't think that many people care about that series.
>>
>>9402969
Y'know now that I think about it a unmasked head for the 2.0 would have been neat.
>>
kek release date update from 10 days ago just got another update for 2 weeks delay. It's so chaotic. For Jack Skellington btw , now 11/20.

They should say here's what's coming out next week, when they know for sure.
>>
What's it like to have a Revoltech figure?
>>
>>9409334
Fun as fuck. I started out with Venom Snake, ended up with ZOEs, an AY and most of the Monster Hunter hunter figs cause they’re all fun to pose and play around with.
>>
>>9400215
>RevoGeo Praying Mantis
Where'd the ant pic come from? It's hard to find more pics via Google...any sauce?
I got the Giant Hornet Reveogeo and am actually really impressed with it. I've had a number of revo items over the years and a lot of times the joints spoil my enjoyment, but the hornet is "just right". I also have the upcoming beetle on order. Will gladly add this ant.
>>
>>9409334
I've had a lot of frustration with them. I like the look of promo pics, but handling these is often fiddly to the extreme. To be fair I haven't handled any of their newer figures. I bought into their skeletons, giger alien, jizai okimono and found all of them to be joyless to handle.
I know with patience you can get a great looking pose, but it's too much hassle, and often these dynamic poses only look good from one angle. Kind of disappointing in my view.
>>
File: 1411572314339.jpg (1.96 MB, 1920x2951)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
>>9405485
Yeah, I think I would have preferred that over a third masked head. I also feel like instead of the Liefeld knives, they could have added some shuriken or some different guns. But the apparent gun ban put a stopper on that.
As is, he's still got quite a few accessories. All the "essential" gear plus some extra goodies.
>>
>>9409334
Good variety but the joints can be a pain. Poseing them requires a ton of messing around until you get it just right
>>
>>9409437
Well there's a big difference there due to the sculptors. Yamaguchi is the dynamic posing guy, and even with the same joints he utilize them differently. The poses come out more naturally because he works backwards. Poses he wants first, and joint placements are the results of those poses, if that makes sense.

>>9409436
There are a few places with displays apparently. All Kaiyodo facilities. Their twitter accounts usually helps. And I think
RevoGeo Zarigani? - Crayfish -
RevoGeo Tyrannosaurus Skeleton?
RevoGeo Praying Mantis?
RevoGeo Mantis Shrimp?
are all cancelled. Blame Bandai and for Kaiyodo being too slow.
>>
When the fuck are they gonna make an amazing Yamaguchi Megatron?
>>
>>9405485
>>9409559
It's probably a paint budget thing. Unmasked head would add like 3 or 4 new colors not used for any other parts. That could be too expensive for one accessory and they rather have more weapons that can use the same silver paint.

>>9409606
Never. People didn't buy Optimus.
>>
>>9409363
This. THeyre possibly the funnest figures I own.
>>9409363
And also this. Every figure I buy is a learning experience/puzzle in itself. Thank god All the revoltechs I bought are sturdy.
>>
What's some good poses for Iron Spider?
>>
File: IMG_20211026_223305_367.jpg (1.56 MB, 3024x3780)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
Just get them yesterday
The limited clear version EVA unit 1 is gorgeous, and I still need to find the Revoltech catalog magazine No.1.
>>
>>9411383
I respect you for still appreciating these old (but good) figures. I still have my Dougram too, and it's solid as a rock. I wish I could track down some of those DoA trading figures though.
>>
>>9409602
I can’t lie the Bandai gashapons really hit the niche well, they’re a good size, are only about 10 bucks each and have a surprisingly nice finish. I still bought the revogeo hornet because it’s one of my favorite animals around. If Kaiyodo wants to hit it big, they should go after grasshoppers and mantises first. It also didn’t help that their scorpion was a bit of a dud compared to the hornet. The hornet is one of the most gorgeous toy I own, it’s exquisite.
>>
File: d38376-32-771206-1.jpg (25 KB, 650x366)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>9411424
>If Kaiyodo wants to hit it big, they should go after grasshoppers and mantises first
You do know that Bandai already did Mantises right? And they are pumping out new species of bugs and other animals at a breakneck pace now. Kaiyodo has solidly lost this fight. I'll admit their figures are really nice, but when compared to Bandai's 500 yen offerings, you start asking yourself "is that nice paintjob and slightly larger size worth 6k yen more?"

Plus, Kaiyodo overlooked something crucial here: people like swarms of things. You can't army build such expensive bugs unless you're obscenely rich.
>>
>>9411446
yes, I already own that mantis set but it can barely stand. I’d still buy a big revoltech of a Mantis. in hand, the revogeo paint and sculpt are just incredibly gorgeous.
>>
>>9411446
the weirdest part to me was always how they went for a waterbug instead of going straight to a lobster or much cooler looking insects that bandai obviously haven’t teased still. grasshoppers and locusts not being a thing is odd too considering it’d be somewhat of an unofficial kamen rider release.
>>
>>9411446
>>9411513
frens, I'm trying to find these bandai bugs online, but they're not coming up in the regular places. Can you halp?
>>
Man I want a centipede.
>>
>>9411415
Thanks for the respect anon~
Old figures has their own charming sometimes isn't?
I'll make a haul video of this DOA action figures when I have time.

And if you wanna get DOA, you can find it on the Japan shopping website who can deliver to America or the country you live, it's not difficult to find in the Japan toys shopping website, they have single one and whole set both, although most of it is second hand.
>>
>>9411383
Was it the clear yellow TV Unit-00 that came with the first magazine? Unironically the clear purple Evolution body 01 is like the best 01 for revoltech because the bad face sculpt is harder to see lol.
>>
>>9411446
I'll still buy a Revo geo mantis and ignore the cheap bandaid toys.
>>
>>9411984
If my memory is right, it's should be with the EVA unit 3 with the last version, although I'm not sure either.
>>
Revogeo abomination
>>
>>9414255
>>
if there are ants then i need antman
>>
>>9414255
Honestly, they should have leaned into this as a staple feature of the line. The whole "hyper-realistic artisanal bug" thing is fine, but it just feels a bit stiff and pompous. Revoltechs were always the most fun line to SCIENCE! with. The idea of a line not only capable of, but RECOMMENDING you create abominations, chimeras, hybrids, would have been great I think.
>>
>>9400215
Is that just a regular ant?

I wish it was an Earth Defense Force licensed figure, cus then I could expect some EDF soldier figures.
>>
>>9415741
They would have to be incredibly small to scale with an EDF ant, like smaller than Dianauts
>>
>>9414255
>>9414258
I appreciate this, anon. And I appreciate you.
>>
>>9411700
you should look at mandarake and have them ship it to you. shipping might bite you in the ass but i’m assuming this is a last resort type of situation. otherwise find an importer or a reseller in your area who can get them. where do you live at?
>>
>>9411775
centipedes scare the fuck out of me so yes, I want them to do one too for my Sekiro to fight.
>>
>>9400215
>November
>Deadpool
He's been delayed? Amiami hasn't updated the page so I thought that was still coming out this month
>>
>>9416033
Check right now. It says 'To be determined'.
>>
>>9416033
I'm working off of Kaiyodo's announcements, but expect every release to be delayed a few weeks. So far I don't think anything has been delayed 2 months back even if they mostly come out end of month.
>>
>>9416033
i think other than the big shots like Bandai, everyone else is getting delays. revoltech which rarely gets delayed are getting a few, just like figma and mafex which already usually do have delays but are now even more so of a default state. save your money for your preorders and chill. just see it as more time to save more up.
>>
>>9416408
I think Bandai Collectors have been lowering the number of releases this year or so, so they happen to have a more adjustable schedule. I haven't checked precisely but the monthly PO load seems fewer...but they also have the odd mid-month PO now too. Maybe they saw this coming haha. Probably a lucky break as a result of taking things easy during a rough period.

For Kaiyodo this situation sucks because I feel like they just started gearing up with products. Geo, Movie, and Takeya are getting new figures again. AY was getting up to a 2 month window for new sculpts. And snap-fit model kits are likely becoming their new thing.
>>
File: ay gwen.png (137 KB, 428x402)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
i was waiting for such opportunity
>>
>>9418200
Go go get it, bro.
>>
>>9418200
Ge get'em tiger
>>
>>9400215
How would I go about fixing this? I might just glue the leg back on if nothing else
>>
>>9419240
Could you a drill to pull the pieces out (looks tight, but maybe with some heat too? Not sure), the tiny nail trick, or you can just glue it.
>>
>>9419250
i was going to try that but its pretty old and the plastic is already sticky, dident think it was worth it
>>
>>9414255
>>9414258
I am both terrified and amazed.
>>
>>9411415
Different anon.
Check ebay for 'kaiyodo dead' (seriously, that's all) and order by lowest price first.
>>
Anyone got the geo stag beetle yet or found any photos online?
>>
>>9411446
Bandai or Kaiyodo won't do a Luna Moth so they suck
>>
>>9419240
going to have to dig that out, then replace the pin with a metal rod if you want a good reliable fix. might be too much work though, honestly, for a revo from that era.
>>
File: new shoulders.jpg (49 KB, 370x306)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
What do we think of the new shoulder type that seems to be the new standard for male AY? Arkham Knight should be the first we get. Theoretically those diagonal swivels are unnecessary? The old way was fine but maybe joints are less exposed on these, limiting the range of movements here and there. Too much of an eyesore? Can't decide until you see them in hand? Do you plan to get any of these? Endeavor might have the same type of bicep cut too.
>>
>>9418200
Go cum on her Tigger
>>
File: FC0HAo-UcAI-6jU.jpg (147 KB, 2048x922)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
Next Movie Revo?
>>
>>9400215
>Endeavor still TBA
What gives guys? Figma line is dead, Revo Shoto is out next month and we haven't seen anything new.

Is this the beginning of the end?

Not complaining if it is. Have too much in the calendar right now, so one less IP would be a good thing.
>>
>>9427078
>Figma line is dead
No it isn't? Are you one of those peoples who assume things are dead just because the companies is making other things as well?
>>
>>9427078
A new MHA figure is coming out, with another in the pipeline. What about that lead you to believe it was slowing down?
>>
>>9427078
>Shoto is out next month
First problem there is believing original plan. It's naive to think there won't be delays.

And you're nuts. This is nothing and no one said they would be out back to back. We got announcement by info only, no sculpts so it could be any amount of time until actual reveal. And that's in an ideal world.
>>
I bought a revoltech Iron Man Mk 2 and mk5 years ago. The sculpt and paint is gorgeous and they're among the most accurate looking figures I own. The biggest issue with them is that they're super finicky to pose. Sometimes almost impossible. The body and legs are all crooked and refuse to straighten out. Is this common with revos, am I shit at posing them or has the design been updated since?
>>
File: hq.jpg (259 KB, 1360x766)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
What's so amazing about him?
>>
>>9427248
It's a problem most older revoltech suffer from due to using the ratchet joints for everything.
>>
>>9427255
Will the newer ones be fine? I love how they look
>>
>>9427259
Most new revoltechs use a mix of ball joints and and revolver joints so it's definitely improved but I still find them to bee somewhat stiff. You either love or hate revoltech
>>
>>9427248
Mk. 5 was like the best they ever made. That one had a legacy release with revolver joints that had more ratchets in them. If that wasn't the one you got.
>>
>>9427259
>>9427359
Just to make things less confusing, recent Revoltechs, technically stop using Revolver Joints. The newer joints are ratchet-less. Should be called Geo or AY joints really.
>>
>>9427078
Gotta remind you that Bakugo was announced a month after All Might was released, then a month after Bakugo was released they revealed Todoroki and Endeavor.
Have patience, especially now that they have delays thanks to China power outages.
>>
>>9427248
You should have gotten Iron Spider. You fool
>>
>>9422644
Wish they they would make Superman look normal. I hate his new 52 armor.
>>
>>9427248
A lot lately revoltechs, their painting and stability of revoltech joints are weak, this Mk.5 is just a typical one( mine is also), one of solution is you can try to get few new revoltech joints to replace them, another one is to get this and dip few drop on the ratchet of those weak revoltech joints, this kind of stuff is good to work to strengthen the lose joints, I tried.
>>
damn why is my Cable so fragile, he falls apart so easly
it was pain in the ass to make him change into new pose because his legs and torso parst felt off all the time
maybe i was too rough posing him first few times
>>
>>9429530
You just need to tighten certain joints with whatever method you're used to. Cable has a few solid plastic sockets so heating won't do. No AY is really in perfect condition out of box, you need to adjust here and there.

Torso I find as long as you don't move past a certain point they stay in firmly.
>>
>>9429891
>whatever method you're used to
you mean like puting some "wax" on joints like that american one for floors or kiki fix?
i'm new at action figures so i don't know what people use
only thing i did with joints before was heating foot of my other figure which was stuck
>>
>>9429907
I don't use those but instead gel type superglue. Or just some tissue paper.
>>
>>9430078
i'll keep that in mind, thanks
>>
File: IMG_20211103_102233_536.jpg (83 KB, 1440x1080)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
They're fun to be posing, two best one in this set in my opinion.
>>
>>9430766
How are these pose wise? They look like they just have normal joints
>>
File: IMG_20211103_102233_538.jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>
>>9430776
They're all single axis cut joints, no ball or other complicated design.
After all they're ttw decades ago and only with 9 cm heights.
>>
>>9430785
Looks like a family guy pose.
>>
>>9400215
Where can I find release dates for Arkham Knight and Deadpool?
>>
>>9430793
I just bought one today so in hopeing it's going to a cool one
>>
>>9430766
>>9430785
Too bad the Kaiyodo Love Hina figures couldn't be as dinamic. Naru had the best articulation of the whole bunch and she still couldn't do much in terms of any truly dynamic poses (didn't even have ankle joints).
>>
File: IMG_20211103_122743_387.jpg (83 KB, 1425x1069)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>9432454
You mean Hitomi or Leefang?
Well they're both good anyway, you won't regret.
But remember, use hairdryer or hot water whatever you like, to heat every single joints you feel too tight to turn or pull off then move them carefully if you don't want get your figures falling apart, not kidding bro.
I'm already paid my learning process on this and you don't want have the same experience like me.

https://youtu.be/JCmBFY7Sca8

This is my open box video, although without English subtitles but you still can take it as a reference.
>>
>>9432620
Lee fang, I like the style better. Yes I know I've broken my fair share of figures, now I'm super gentle
>>
>>9432450
Nowhere because they don't have one officially.
>>
>>9432450
My mom's house
>>
File: file.png (504 KB, 750x750)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>finally mess with the deathstroke I bought a month back
Holy shit this guy is really goddamns stable despite being big as fuck, genuinely might be my favorite revo. Thanks to all the anons who keeps recommending it.
I do have a problem though where the right torso/side piece doesnt go in completely so it kinda sticks out, I tried to force it back in through heat and whatnot but it doesnt look perfectly aligned compared to the right side. I mayve cause a tiny crack/stress next to the ballpoint piece but I dont think itll affect it at all. Any tips or should I just suck it up?
>>
>>9433355
Fuck i meant the left side not going in properly.
>>
>>9427359
>Most new revoltechs use a mix of ball joints and and revolver joints so it's definitely improved but I still find them to bee somewhat stiff. You either love or hate revoltech
Your info is outdated. Revolver joints have been dropped entirely aside from Assemble Borg, which requires them as part of their building gimmick.

Modern AYs have NO ratcheting joints whatsoever, and utilize a mix of balljoints, swivel hinges, and swivels for a very easy and smooth posing experience.
>>
>>9432628
Hope you can share some pictures after, have fun anon.
And if you like it, it's great to have another DOA girls to fighting with her
>>
>>9434710
I will anon, she hasn't shipped yet but I hope to get her soon and share pictures
>>
File: FDpWOS_aMAAHEj1.jpeg.jpg (69 KB, 900x461)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
AK's new release date is February
>>
>>9435007
W-What about Deadpool?
>>
>>9435069
Nevermind. Amiami has it listed for February as well.
>>
>>9435007
Guess we won't be seeing coloured Superman pics for a while either then
>>
>>9435086
Well they can always show images, just not open PO until things in China improves.

>>9435007
Amazon and Hobby Search are like that too, but I wonder where they're getting their info because Kaiyodo hasn't announced anything(yet). And no changes for Shoto? Why pretend?

Kinda surprised with such a big delay when AK was pretty close to release when all this shit started...? Actually not sure when it started exactly. But it's like their productions got pushed out of the line by other clients or something.
>>
>>9435007
>>9435071
That probably the worst delay I've seen from Kaiyodo. Suuuuuucks.
>>
>end of Sep release
>now end of Jan release
Oof 4 months delay for Arkham Knight is rough. Did they not make any at all before blackouts hit the factories? Wasn't it like a month away at that point?? I thought by then they're only making like the last 15% of stock but what do I know.
>>
>>9436375
china is also collapsing but they pretend everything is fine and blame shipping delays on everything, doesn't change fact i try to import figures from japan, not america
>>
File: bakugo.jpg (1.14 MB, 2268x3024)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
If would highly recommend the tip some anon gave here to remove the parts of bakugo's arms that separate the elbow from the gloves. The figure is so much more fun to play around with now. Just some hot water and they pop right off.
>>
>>9436722
sucks for me, japan is haveing issues with shipping to the states so im fucked no matter what, im getting big delays even just from shipping from my state. ffs
>>
File: FDf0qC-agAAurwv.jpg (570 KB, 2561x1913)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
I wonder if the Eizouken action figure(s?) is still being developed.
>>
>>9430766
Fuck you anon
I just bought two of these because of your photos.

Hope theyre good Figures
>>
File: IMG_20211103_102233_530.jpg (129 KB, 1440x1080)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>9442098
Well.... you're welcome anon?

They're good indeed, just be careful to moving those joints and try to use hairdryer to heat them if there are some is too tight to turn.
>>
File: IMG_20211112_213210_451.jpg (935 KB, 3024x3780)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
Glowing + clear plastic
= absolutely beautiful
>>
>>9441814
hopefully not
>>
File: 11555.jpg (21 KB, 256x386)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>9400215
Is the "old" revo Daimajin any good?
>>
>>9441814
Hopefully, not that I want them but knowing that the other anon doesn't want them makes me want them to exist.
>>
>>9444772
Paint and sculpt are great, but small by today's standard. And based on the design not meant to be that poseable.
>>
>>9444826

Are modern revoltech figures bigger? I only have the original Dante but want to get the new Cable and Iron Spodey
>>
>>9437963
lmao i had to sand down AY Deadpool's wrists, they heavily restricted his hand movement
>>
>>9445695
I don't have Dante but I have the DMC ones and yes, new Revoltech are bigger than old ones.
>>
>>9446576

Nice thanks for the info cunt. the size was a concern since Dante is small as fuck but now ill probably grab Cable
>>
>>9446685
You're Australian, aren't you?
>>
File: gigachad.jpg (65 KB, 1068x601)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>9447407

im Americhad fren
>>
I wonder if the next Spider-Man movie will cause some of his classic rogues' gallery villain to join AY? Or an updated Spidey is more likely? Which do we prefer?
>>
>>9451417
Give me new characters anyday. Sure updated figures are nice but I'd much prefer to drop my money on new characters.

If I wanted 12 versions of the same fucking character I'd be buying marvel legends shit.
>>
>>9451417
Honestly a hybrid design of Classic and Rami Goblin would be nice, but the Glider would spike the price past $120.

Mysterio or Lizard would be easy and fun choices
>>
>>9451417
Any of the guys appearing in the new movie would make great AY's, after Iron Spider, Doc Ock seems like a logical choice. Sandman could be a fun figure for the add ons, although not very dynamic on his own

Gobby is probably the one I want the most, although the more I think about Lizard, the better he seems, especially if he could hold things with his tail
>>
>>9451417
Gobby would be cool, Ock would be a spindly 12k nightmare, Electro I could go either way on but I feel like Yamaguchi would fuck up and mostly make Spectacular Electro if given the chance.
>>
File: Gwen.jpg (292 KB, 734x979)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>9418200
she finally arrived
>>
File: Gwen2.jpg (238 KB, 790x649)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>9452339
>>
File: Gwen3.jpg (221 KB, 686x700)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>9452342
>>
File: Gwen4.jpg (173 KB, 470x850)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>9452344
>>
File: Gwen5.jpg (176 KB, 713x572)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>9452350
such a great articulation
>>
>>9452351
she looks like a fucking croissant

kek!
>>
So do we think Yamaguchi is taking a break? Or is he working as usual and there's a pile up of unannounced Revos and we might be getting new ones monthly when shit gets better? (is that even financially feasible for everyone?)

To come to think of it, some of those sculptors that works at Kaiyodo that we don't hear much of, what do they even do? There are some active series like Capsule Q and some statues but those are like the same 2 to 3 guys. AFAIK these sculptors are on a salary.
>>
>>9452351
Post her glorious ass tech.
>>
File: asstech.png (2.31 MB, 1114x893)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
>>9459284
here you go.
>>
>still no proto for endeavor

i sleep....................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
File: FEmaugQWUAQ1SfV.jpg (3.43 MB, 4032x3024)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
Last Revo release for this year...?
>>
>>9463510
>glowing in the dark
love it
>>
>>9463510
Look at the pair of balls of this guy.
>>
File: Shoto Delayed.jpg (47 KB, 828x388)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>9459427
and now Shoto delayed until March 2022!! WTH!!

Guess we won't see endeavor until Summer and that might be it. Seems MHA has reached the end of its run.
>>
>>9464906
What does a delay have to do witht he line ending?
>>
Re release? I hope so
>>
>>9464943
looks like zinogre armor
>>
>>9464943
So re-releases, these aren't new molds or figures.
>>
>>9464955
Yeah Zinogra and Rathalos.
>>9464959
I'm ok with this desu, I've wanted the classic rathalos armor for a while.
>>
>>9464942
I mean mha is no longer at the height of its popularity. The statues seems to have dried up, figma has stopped making them, kaiyodo only have one up for preorder releasing over a year after the last.

We may get 1 new ay mha figure a year now, but endeavour could be the last.
>>
>>9465013
Stop this nonsense of "ahhh MHA AY is over!!!!" crap. In case you're too stupid to notice, EVERYTHING from Kaiyodo were delayed significantly due to the factory blackouts and shipping backlog. Nothing to do with an IP. Kaiyodo outputs fewer items (especially action figures) so the delays stands out.

By your logic, Batman, Superman, X-Men, Disney, Sakura Wars, Maschinen Krieger, Evangelion, insects...everything that got hit with delay or will likely be....are "done."

And 1 MHA a year is pretty normal popular for 5 AY/year.
>>
>>9464943
The blue circle says store exclusive though.
>>
>>9465013
Also, figma stopped because they probably did all the characters they cared about. And they weren't hot sellers to begin with with minimum effort put in. After AY started why bother. Then they also started Moderoid, their first non-robot entry. There's probably more there, but could shift to other IPs like how Moderoid operates.

The IP is doing fine.
>>
>>9464906
>>9465013
You are gonna hide when Kaiyodo announce a new one after Endeavor releases
>>
I just want best boy Kirishima bros
>>
>>9465135
Fucking shit
>>
File: 946.png (411 KB, 946x532)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
>>9464906
>and now Shoto delayed until March 2022!! WTH!!
G-Good things comes to those who wait...!
>>
File: IMG_20211124_121116431.jpg (272 KB, 1536x728)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
got deku today, and goddamn he's good

>>9465432
i agree, kirishima would be perfect
>>
>>9464943
>>9464955
>>9464959
>>9464966
i was hoping they’d renew these or do the g / master rank versions of rathalos and zinogre hunter set but i guess… no. I’ll still get these though to go along with my shm rath and zinogre.
>>
>>9464943
I wonder if they're making these store exclusives because they can't mass produce as many in the current state. Cheaper reissues to get by while a good chunk of their income is on hold for 4 months.
>>
File: 4937.jpg (65 KB, 750x404)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Theres an FB marketplace listing for a complete set of the old revo evas for 40 bucks, worth? I have the rebuild 01 and 02 and the HGs of 1 and 02 so i dont need any other evas but I have a weird fondness for these old revoltechs, they look really "toy like" if you know what I mean. Kinda like eva gi joes. Worth?
>>
>>9467192
Forgot to mention all accessories + boxes and Eva 03 even though its not in the photo
>>
>>9467192
I'd say it's up to you. If they're in good condition, that's a solid deal, but at some point it isn't just about the deal but if you actually want the product. For example I'm not attached to Evangelion, but beyond that I like toys I find cool and are fun to play with. Having owned Revoltechs with the swivel hips, I can I'm not a fan and don't enjoying playing and posing them around, so good deal or not, I wouldn't get them. But maybe you don't mind the swivels, or you really like Evangelion (given the products you own you like it at leas a bit). They could be fun desk toys so I'd say get them if you think you'll regret not grabbing them. Not sure how durable they are though, so hopefully nothing is loose or breaks.
>>
>>9467402
I think its mostly the novelty of having a set of all the Evas on my desk. Ive already got two seperate instances of 01 and 02 from different brands so I do love eva but I dont have either 00 or 03. Ill sit on it, cause desu it is just deal hype
>>
>>9467192
You should make sure they're not sticky from plasticizer leakage before getting them. For the old Revos with swivel joints they could fuse the pegs and make them easy to break. Their weapons alone are kinda worth the money though.
>>
>>9465426
If they release it before 2023 sure. Otherwise my point stands.
>>
>>9467430
Genuinely why I wanted them, I was thinking robots with MP5s and SPAS12s would make for some fun baddies for revolmini Snake
>>
>>9467430
Seconding this, becare of the joints they break so easy. Just soak them water and see if that loosen them up.
>>
>>9400215
Is the old saber Revoltech any good?
>>
>>9467751
I gave mines away to my friend a few years ago. It's $20 good but the figma 2.0 is plain better considering that back when I got it, it was should i get the revo vs figma debate.
>>
>>9467763
Even saber 1.0 is a better figure
>>
>>9467751
If you want one that looks like the original VNs artwork then it's alright but if you just want a good Saber get the figma
>>
anyone have any of the street fighter online revoltechs? how are they? i found a few locally and might grab them, with a ryu going for 70
>>
>>9468622
>ryu going for 70
Not worth that much. Might as well collect the Figuarts or something.
>>
>>9464943
It’s a limited kaiyodo store only release… I guess they can’t be bothered much. This is the one time I wish Bandai would steal their thunder again and just announce a whole bunch of SHF Monster Hunter hunters.
>>
>>9470068
For like the most played video game in Japan(?) they sure don't go that far in terms of action figures. Revo still have done the most. Bandai had some odd crossover original stuff, finally did Monster Arts, and I think they teased a hunter Figuarts?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUBSAyTXlwY

Video featuring Yamaguchi. What I thought was interesting is how he goes back and forth between the digital and physical. Trying out the sculpt for real to note the adjustments, then fixing the 3D model, print and repeat till it's done. At this stage I thought the basic AY format took care of such testing. Also I didn't know he had a specific mentor, Hayami Hitoshi. Looking at his sculpts, yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Also a bit funny that he played the Arkham Knight game to completion after he was picked for AY while he had no idea who he really was. The not shocking reveal in the game was actually shocking in this case lol.
>>
File: ad_1638086417201.jpg (699 KB, 1200x1600)
699 KB
699 KB JPG
Getting this for fifteen bucks cause its missing some stuff. Stoked. had no idea gurren lagann had so many revoltechs, they worth tracking down?
>>
>>9471723
Yeah they're all pretty good but I wouldn't spend too much money on them if their prices went nuts over the years. Basic GL had a few reissues with the wing pack so I say that's worth having regardless since it should be easy to get. Otherwise you might have to track down like the original 2 or 3 Revos that came with the wing parts separately. To get a more show accurate silver drill for the arm you'll need the GL with drills all over the body so it can be an annoying rabbit hole. Most didn't get reissues.
>>
>>9456609
This tweet pretty much answered my questions I suppose

>https://twitter.com/fuikitodoki/status/1464829228176719872

So yeah, salary, and he's working as if nothing has changed if he didn't even know there were massive delays. Some of these disconnects we see are funny to me, but to him he did his part ages ago so why would he know I guess. Maybe he will take an extra long new year vacation haha.
>>
File: FFROOhEaUAAKHVS.jpg (167 KB, 595x842)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
April release, 8580 yen with tax, and yes Kaiyodo stores exclusive...boo.

And this is the first time we see them refer these new joints as GEO Joints officially? Outside the in-development panel at an event that is.
>>
>>9476678
God fucking damn ive only played like 20 minutes of monster hunter but ill be grabbing this guy he looks insane

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.