[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]


Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: 1634151464610.jpg (124 KB, 960x365)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
G1 LORE:
> https://wallofhistory.com/
> https://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/
> https://biosector01.com/wiki/Main_Page

G2 LORE:
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRNbTEZ7dhL1lKhlxvt777XQvGFMCH9sq
> https://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/g2/

FOR BUILDERS:
> https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page
> https://bioniclerebuilt.wixsite.com/fallingstars/stud-io-guide

FAN PROJECTS:
> https://masksofpower.com/
> https://www.redstargames.org/
> https://mythsandlegacy.com/

Previous: >>9350682

QotT: What are some missed opportunities for potential sets?
>>
>>9379410
>QotT: What are some missed opportunities for potential sets?
Helryx in 2008 most definitely. She would've been really easy to make too
>for her weapons, use Hewkii Mahri/KK mace halves + Nuparu Mahri or Onua Mistika shield
>fpr her mask, recolor an Av-Matoran mask in blue and canonize that mask as the Mask of Psychometry's official design
You could've sold her a la Toa Hagah or included her in the Swamp Strider set of Mazeka. IIRC in canon she even was the one who built the SS.
>>
Post your coomer mocs. Has anyone made makuta or shadow matoran coomer mocs?
>>
File: Disgusted Jaller.png (200 KB, 332x333)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>9379436
>2nd post in the thread
Anon, keep it in your damn pants sheesh.
>>
>>9379452
Jesus, why are the miramax designs so terrible?
>>
>>9379454
because they look like your face lol
>>
>>9379454
I have no clue anon, don't ask me.
>>
>>9379424
>in canon she even was the one who built the SS.
>gave the SS to the Ko-Matoran the Order trained
Bros... was Helryx into /ss/?
>>
>>9379424
Proper stars
>Blue: Helryx ($15 USD)
>Green: Lariska, although Nektann's colour was unknown at the time, so possibly him ($15 USD)
>White(and sand green): Artahka ($20 USD)
>Brown: Mutran and Vican-like Velika set with both of his forms ($20 USD)
>Black: Revamped TSO ($40 USD)
>Red: Miserix ($40 USD)
>>
>>9379410
>>9379494
Oof, wrong reply
>>
>>9379494
And Lariska would look like a Vortixx. Because she is one.
>>
>>9379494
>humoring gb velika bullshit
No thanks
>>
File: file.png (691 KB, 640x480)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
Just got Ultimate Dume from my brother that passed away? How can i coomer mog it?
any tips?
>>
>>9379544
Look man I like coomer mocs too, but something
> from my brother that passed away
is not the kind of thing you do that to.
>>
>>9379544
Try to see how many of his claws you can fit in your urethra
>>
>>9379544
This is the the first reply I've seen in my time in /biog/ with this hard of an attempt at shock value.
I'm not even shocked, only disappointed.
>>
9379544

HEHE FUNNI SHOCK PUT ME IN THE HECKIN E-CELEB 4CHAN COMPILATIONS
>>
>>9379572
They don't make 4chan compilations for /toy/, I doubt they'd even do one for /biog/ alone.
>>
File: DPsfQYrnN3o[1].jpg (833 KB, 2560x1448)
833 KB
833 KB JPG
bootlegs are awesome
>>
File: booot.jpg (98 KB, 957x861)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Masks, I mean.
>>
Literally never post bootlegs again unless you have a link to where we can buy them too. Selfish bich
>>
>>9379624
>Golden Kiril
>Silver Kraahkan
https://youtu.be/1moXJATS2Zs
>>
File: imageproxy.jpg (57 KB, 800x421)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
What are your opinions on 3d printed masks and parts? Yay or nay?
>>
>>9379652
most 3d printed masks look like shit
>>
>>9379645
fag
>>
>>9379652
Great potential, but most are terrible designs.
>>
File: 1634086869029.jpg (15 KB, 341x333)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>want to make a Mata style Helryx
>soon thereafter I decide to make an OC Donutsteel to go with her
>oh but also, these other Mata style Toa mocs look cool, I wanna replicate some
>oh, but two more original Toa because why not
One idea has snowballed into eight, and I'm far too broke for this. Being a peasant with the desire to moc in current year truly is suffering.
>>
File: Toa Miaka Redux.png (671 KB, 800x600)
671 KB
671 KB PNG
>>9379751
Ditto, I hate being a CADfag because it's more fun when I can autistically touchy feelie my pieces.
Speaking of mata style, I went back and rebuilt an old moc. Tried using CCBS for the first time and also attempted adding fingers. I like how it looks even if the legs will have odd articulation and the arms are in black despite me wanting to make them gray. If I can try making a mold and making a yellow bootleg for the mata torso that'd be good, that or I finally consider giving her a proper element. What do you think?
>>
>>9379803
That doesn't look bad, the legs might be a little short (even for the Mata style), but that might also be because of the thicc armor.
>>
>>9379810
Definitely the armor, trying to find a longer piece made the legs look too long.
>>
>>9379476
ask Krakua
>>
>>9379812
What does it look like without the armor?
>>
>>9379499
nope
>>
>>9379803
>>9379812
Did you try 90611? It's only slightly longer and should do the trick.
>>
>>9379803
The proportions seem off. It looks more like a giant Matoran than a Toa.
>>
File: KrikaForAnon.jpg (3.5 MB, 3000x4000)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
>>9353882
>>>9353789
Fellow 2008 Makutachad I see
>>
File: mehhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (1.72 MB, 2832x3864)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>9379436
I made this the other month
Also buying Bahrag CIB for $120, how'd I do
>>
>>9379454
I wanted to say it's the mouths and eyebrows, but even the mouthless masks like the Kaukau and the Noble Huna look pretty bad.
If I had to guess, the original sin was trying to take the cold, robotic toy designs and rework them into something warmer and more amicable (more organic and expressive) to the general public.

In fact the Rahkshi and Vahki, which aren't remotely warm or amicable, got IMHO some of the best designs in the movies.
>>
File: DA KNEES.png (170 KB, 800x600)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>9379814
>>
>>9379915
Yeah the legs feel too short even without the armour, I would personally probably replace the thigh pieces with either 90617 or 90609, even the slightly longer 90611 feels a little too short. >>9379824 is right in that it looks more like a big Matoran.
>>
>>9379533
that plot point has the be the dumbest shit in bionicle period
>>
File: Po Toa Miaka Redux.png (122 KB, 800x600)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>9379822
>>9379918
This better? I feel heretical using po colors on a chick.
>>
>>9379933
I think you should probably find a way to do the legs without CCBS. CCBS and G1 bionicle system are great on their own, but don't really mix.
>>
>>9379933
flip the legs upside down to give her feminine thighs, which will also fix the knee problem
>>
>>9379933
> chick.
Give it thigh, breast, and ass upgrades.
>>
File: Hahli.png (290 KB, 468x496)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>9379911
>even the mouthless masks like the Kaukau and the Noble Huna look pretty bad.
I disagree, I think the Kaukau looks great and should have been the baseline for how all the other masks looked. She managed to be plenty expressive with only her eyes and didn't need a mouth or eyebrows to emote with. Most of the masks for the non-speaking characters like Macku looked pretty good as well, since they didn't even bother adding the humanoid facial features.
>>
>>9379936
Which is weird, as I see upteen amounts of mocers using the 2 in tandem more often than just sticking to one.
>>
>>9379967
Well most mocs are larger so blends together better.
>>
File: 1623488851850.jpg (377 KB, 828x1249)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>9379969
This be an exception to the rule?
>>
>>9379974
Yes.
>>
>>9379997
Damnit. I just wanted to have nice leggies on mata.
>>
>>9379936
>>9380001
There aren't any "rules" to combining CCBS with G1, other than "can you make them work together without clashing?" Really the only obstacle when it comes to using CCBS is the armor shells, which are very straight and smooth compared to the greebled look of G1 armor. The G2 Uniters worked pretty well because they used several G1 and Technic parts in combination with CCBS. The shells were kept to a minimum and they had several new armor pieces that fit CCBS but look more like the classic G1 style.
>>
>>9379815
You waifu is shit, Greg.
>>
>>9380023
>There aren't any "rules" to combining CCBS with G1
Is there any risk that the different balls and sockets will damage each other, or is it safe to mix them?
>>
>>9380098
They're the same size overall. The one thing I'd avoid is putting the friction extenders on older sockets, but other than that things seems fine. The used hordika and glatorian necks interchangeably with G2 CCBS so I see no reason the others can't work.
>>
>>9379915
>>9379803
As someone who built a Tahu with CCBS before, the balljoint at the hip is higher than the balljoint of a standard Mata set. Think of how they use a hand piece that the leg then clips into, while your moc is directly attaching to the torso. Use the same bone as the shin bone and it'll be roughly the same height as an 01 Toa.
>>
>>9380098
Normally I'd think not, but I did end up with some hairline cracks on a G2 head connected to a Hordika neck. Not sure if it's from the pieces themselves or some outside factor though.
>>
>>9380133
Well shit I might stand corrected. I'll have to look but I can't imagine the balls are different sizes.
>>
>>9379533
I keep forgetting that folks hate that plot point, oh well, brown Nektann works
>>
>>9379813
Krakua never met Helryx as a Matoran.
>>9379499
See pic related
>>
>>9379933
>>9379803
>>9379915
Ew. Bohrok limbs do not look good as an upper arm. As a general rule of thumb pre-bent limbs like the Mata, Nuva, Bohrok or Av-Toran limbs look fucking mutant when used with another piece to make a functioning limb. At the very least 'straighten' the piece out first by bulking up the negative space so it doesn't look like a deliberate bend.

I would recommend using a Metru Forearm piece as the upper arm instead.

>>9380133
This is gonna happen, it's not the size of the ball-joints. It's just the stress on the pieces over time.

Make peace with the fact that all your Bionicle parts will disintergrate one day, and there's nothing you can do to stop that.
>>
>>9380218
Onewa has blue eyes retard.
You don't even know that cause you're retard.
Your opinion doesn't matter. At all.
Cause you're retard.
>>
>>9380322
There's a way to make Tanma legs look good enough for a shin by filling out the back of it with some technic beams and Inika/Piraka thigh armor on top, but that's the only one I've seen so far that 'bulks' out the piece.

There's been a few Krekka mocs that give him Mata legs as the bicep area which don't look bad either.

>>9380360
Be quiet retard
>>
>>9380218
shouldn't it just be 'kill yourself now!"? it's not mask of suggestion
>>
File: booby.png (182 KB, 384x375)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>9379410
At this point, I don't even care if Bionicle never comes back. I just want Lego to have a constraction theme that doesn't just have mechs.
>>
File: 1610828330108.png (180 KB, 600x571)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>9379974
This looks really cool, I love the integration of Bionicle, CCBS and bricks there. Are there pics from more angles?
>>
>>9380360
>Onewa has blue eyes retard
>>
>>9380572
same, but at the same time, parts are being 3d printed and I don't want to give lego any money
>>
>>9379911
>In fact the Rahkshi and Vahki, which aren't remotely warm or amicable, got IMHO some of the best designs in the movies.
Agree to some point with the Rahkshi even if they could be improved imo.
But the Vahki look like shit compared to their set equivalents, and they didn't even feel threatening unlike in the flash animations partly because they were manlets. And yes I know sets were also short but isn't an excuse since the 04 titans were upscaled and are like twice as big as the Toa in the movies
>>
Mail day
>Tuma
>6 Glatorian of various completion
>Piraka halves
>Krika, Tahu Mistika
>titan Takanuva
Overall not really worth it, but at least now I have a third Takanuva that I can scrap for parts, and Tuma that I'm not impressed by. He's not a fancy torso (like Axonn/Hydraxon), but he has a permanent hunch and a permanent slouch.
Also dislike how essentially every large 08+ set uses the exact same hip and double shoulder setup.
>>
>>9380576
Yes he does retard.
>>9380367
Shut the fuck up retard.
>>
File: YOU_SHOULD_SIT_DOWN._NOW.png (1.94 MB, 2350x782)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>9380360
Friend, we're both retards. But at any rate, I'm well aware that the Toa Onewa set has dark blue eyes- not to be confused with the lighter blue that toa of ice often have.
With this in mind, in the film, BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui, Toa Onewa is depicted with bright orange eyes and heartlight. Given that the setting of the image is the Dark Hunter Prison from the film, I found that orange emmissive areas would be fitting. Note the presence of the set-inaccurate (and truthfully, impossible) heartlight in the model's chest.
>>9380511
The caption is a reference to a number of memes referencing a popular fighting game streamer called "Low Tier God" who frequently enjoins his audience and opponents to kill themselves with haste.
The related image of this post contains a caption more reminiscent of the scene it references.
>>
>>9380039
the tall dominatrix sucks ass, Lariska is way better
>>
>>9380783
Can you make a variant using 2005 Vakama? I don't know what the quote/context would be, but I feel like it would work.
Alternatively, Roodaka would absolutely encourage somebody to kill themselves (and has, to the Visorak), a pic with her would actually work really well.
Maybe Keetongu even...?
>>
>>9380958
How about Keetongu saying "No" like in the movie
>>
>>9381455
"No" and then immediately laughing like an insane old man (like he also did in the movie)
>>
File: thing.jpg (28 KB, 385x426)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
anyone knows from what this weird huge dark green miru nuva is from?
>>
>>9381752
Burger King
>>
>>9381758
>Macdonalds had Tohunga
>Burger King had whatever this is
lol
>>
>>9381780
It's always been like this. McDonald's gets the better gifts, [toyspoiler]Burger King gets the better food.[/toyspoiler]
>>
File: IMG_20211015_190251.jpg (1.94 MB, 3000x2999)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
Just got this big lad. Unfortunately, I'm afraid he doesn't have much life left in him, as after I've given him a bath, I have other, more dragonic plans for his parts.
>>
>>9381780
Eh, McD also had some pretty trash Bonkle back in Ignition era so I wouldn't trash talk Burger King that much
>>
>>9380757
>yes he does retard
>>9380783
Comics too. Idk why he cares so much.
>>
File: Tahu.gif (3.77 MB, 500x473)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB GIF
>>9381985
I was only joking, I don't like both
>>
>>9381983
> I have other, more dragonic plans for his parts.
What? Coomer moc?
>>
>>9382103
I have no doubt people here wouldn't like sexy Axonn, but nah, just going to build Kardas. Got mostly complete Brutaka and Vezon from parts lot some time back so I should have most I need.
>>
>>9382106
Oooohhh. Cool. Massive bionidragons are cool. Wait, what if you made a sexy kardas?
>>
>>9381780
>>9381985
There have been tons of Bionicle happy meal toys but the Tohunga were the only good ones. It seems weird that they completely abandoned the building aspect of it after the first try and opted for barely-poseable figures without compatibility with the sets. Especially considering how hugely successful the Tohunga were; I remember every kid having them and I know a lot of people today who still remember them (which is more than you can say about 99% of happy meal toys).
I guess it just shows how important brand recognition is; people will buy something just because it has a logo they recognize, even if it's not a good representation of the original product. Still though, would it have killed them to have continued to make happy meal toys with at least one actual Bionicle piece? They could have easily had something with recolors of existing Kanohi a la the Tohunga with a buildable cardboard stand, for example. The funny thing is, there were some Lego Racers happy meal toys in 2009 with a few real System pieces. Even the weird hockey ones could attach Lego bricks to them.
Sorry for the autistic rant but I spend a lot of time thinking about wasted potential.
>>
>>9382131
Kids choking on the parts of parents complaining that they toy they got was broken.
>>
>>9382133
I do seem to recall something about that. Not sure how much of a fuss was actually put up about them; could have easily just been an excuse made up by McD's (or Lego's) PR department because they weren't cheap enough to produce. There's also the other Lego toys I mentioned that seemingly didn't have the same problem.
>>
>>9382131
Money could play the part. Keep in mind that with Tohunga, only the disc was existing part, and good chunk of those were never used for anything else. You could also consider Maku, who didn't have recolored Kaukau, but I don't think transparent plastic was that much more expensive when compared to other parts.
>>
>>9382145
My theory with Macku's Huna is that they didn't have any recolors they could have done the Kaukau in. If you look at the Tohunga, they each share one color with their respective Toa plus one new color. The only exception is Macku, who has the same colors as Gali because there weren't any remaining colors that hadn't already been used on the other Tohunga. So instead they opted for a different mask entirely in blue, which you couldn't get from the mask packs.
>>
>>9382153
Eh, they made lighter blue Kaukau regardless, even if by mistake.
>>
>>9382114
I made a red dragon moc as a kid
it looked quite good(in my memory) but the connections of torso to legs was quite fragile
too bad I dont have photos(or at least that i am aware of)
>>
>>9382153
I got another mystery: why did they change Kopeke from Medium Blue Komau to Dark Gray Matatu?
The only reason that I can think of is that LEGO didn't want to make new color mold for Medium Blue Tohunga Feet and decided to change his look just because they already had dark gray feet from Boxor set.
>>
>>9382114
Just add Nuva boobs and call it a day
>>
>>9382203
I think it's probably because they didn't want kids to get confused as to what Kohlii team he was on, since the two Ga-Matoran were already blue. And probably the mold thing too, since all the other 03 Matoran had feet in existing colors.
>>
>>9382226
Matoro also uses blue too, only different shade
>>
>no $30 set with Nuparu, Taipu, Onepu, Kapura, Kongu and Tamaru in their rebuilt forms
they could have at least put the parts in a supplemental pack
>>
>>9382307
>they could have at least put the parts in a supplemental pack
it's not profitable enough for LEGO sorry :)

By the way, you can make Kapura and Taipu from existing pieces
However in case of others I think the problem was that Kongu /Tamaru and Taipu/Onepu used different body colors
also Taipu looks almost the same as Hafu
also all Onu Matorans use Pakari
>>
>>9382203
>>9382248
Pretty sure Tohunga Kopeke was supposed to be sand blue too. Which is probably as good a reason to change it since they probably wanted the two Matoran per team to be visually distinct.
>>9382226
Hahli’s dark blue feet were new. None of them had new mask recolors though, which Kopeke’s would have had to be.

Or, they just designed a random Ko-Matoran and made him Kopeke after the fact
>>
>>9382717
Cant tell if Kopeke was supposed to be Sand Blue or not since coloring was quite inconsistent regarding this color on art and games
They still could make him medium blue, he would look almost identical and medium blue komau existed too
They also could at least give Kopeke Dark Gray Komau

Also I find it curious how Hahli Matoran was the first one to use Dark Blue and only one to use metru new colors, half a year before Metru Nui started
>>
>>9379410
man, as a kid I hated Pohatu's body, I mean, he was like fat and the others were kinda fit, so it felt out of place, also he barely stood, and why the hell he dad those cilinder conectors on the legs?! so much nonsense from a simple toy
>>
File: Sad Kotu.jpg (77 KB, 343x394)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>9382153
Based on that theory, I assume that is also why a Ga-Matoran character wearing a Kaukau wasn't introduced until year 2 with Hahli. Perhaps they couldn't get the color of her mask right in '01 or producing a transparent mask for a free toy in large quantities would have thrown the Happy Meal budget out of balance.
All other Happy Meal Tohunga had masks corresponding to their Toa, except Macku. Each village in '01 also had two "sets" of named Tohunga, the six from the Happy Meals (Macku, Jaller, Hewkii, Kongu, Onepu, Matoro) and six secondary ones (Kotu, Kapura, Hafu, Tamaru, Taipu, Kopeke). No other Tohunga was given a name back then, even Takua was nameless until the very end of '01. Ga-Koro's secondary named Tohunga was Kotu who almost never appeared in any media and was sidelined when Hahli appeared. Hahli even got a set in '01 while Kotu didn't. The plot of MNOG II was also about this newcomer Ga-Matoran with a lighter-blue Kaukau who we never saw in '01 suddenly taking over Kotu's place.
So I imagine the plan for a Kaukau-wearing blue Tohunga model already existed in '01, but they just couldn't produce it, and so they gave other types of masks to Macku and Kotu. By the time they did find a way to produce the Kaukau in an altered blue color for the upcoming '03 line, they hastily invented Hahli, pushed her into the story and shoved Kotu aside.
>>
>>9383573
He was based and the best one, fuck kid-you
>>
Hey guys, are there any Metru-styled builds that don't use an actual Metru torso/gearbox? I'm curious.
>>
Had a dream last night they made the Faxon in black.
>>
>>9383582
Hahli uses same color as Gali
>>
>>9383892
>He had the dream!
>He had the [bionicle] dream!
>>
>>9383582
Kotu was introduced at same time as Hahli
she was mentioned in MNOG but made no appearance





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.