[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 86 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20211012_171509.jpg (27 KB, 512x512)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/12/hasbro-ceo-brian-goldner-dies-days-after-stepping-down-for-health-reasons.html

Press F to pay respects
>>
>>9376317
F
>>
Damn, That’s horrible.
>>
F

jew
>>
>no sticky yet

mods are retarded
>>
>>9376326
Mods barely exist here
>>
>>9376317
Will the new CEO be any better?
>>
>>9376317
F
>>
Good riddance. Maybe now the other departments wont have all their budgets siphoned to pay for his fuckups.
>>
>>9376326
We don't deserve a sticky. We're not mature enough for one. I still remember the last time we were offered one, but our general zeitgeist/reputation took it away

F F
>>
>>9376317
idk if F or not, if he's responsible for pushing movies over toys, then S. That's gotta be rotten to have that much success and not even be to enjoy a millionaire retirement, oh well, it could be worse, he could be me
>>
File: 43iv8l.jpg (107 KB, 768x894)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>
>>9376317
Did he have any personal passion for toys?
>>
>>9376385
No, but he loved hollywood & movies.
>>
File: nightfox-01.jpg (42 KB, 281x700)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>9376326
Why would he deserve a sticky?
Did he do anything important in toys?

Seems he's just like any ol' CEO who just makes money for the company through various business tactics instead of making a successful/popular toy.

BTW, who was in charge of making 1:12 the premier scale for Hasbro, sabotaging all their 1:18 lines, just because they could make more revenue selling 1:12? When he croaks, we need a burning effigy sticky for that asshole.
>>
Christ, you fucks are miserable
>>
>>9376401
I would prefer to burn an effigy of you.
>>
Why would I care about some corporate jew?
>>
>>9376405
>>9376407
Where do you think you? Anyone hurting children with garbage like this deserves an early death.
>>
>>9376326
>no sticky
While it sucks the dude died, he's a literal who.
>>
>>9376317
F
>>
>>9376317
>steps down as ceo on the pony show's 11th anniversary
>dead two days later
The horsefuckers grow more powerful every day.
>>
>>9376317
F
>>
>>9376448
We all know who did this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay-NMiYIdGI
>>
>>9376317
F
>>
File: 1621728272289.jpg (180 KB, 1024x512)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>9376317
>Been fighting cancer since 2014
>takes leave of absence for cancer treatment
>Dies days two days after taking medical leave
damn that's gotta suck RIP
>>
F
>>
April 21st Chads, we lost one. F.
>>
File: 1627575350316.jpg (84 KB, 650x477)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>9376317
>>
Peace.
>>
F.
>>
>>9376317
>-days-after-
The timing of that gentleman. Chapeau driver.
>>
>>9376545
guy lived to work.
It's no wonder his kid overdosed.
>>
>>9376401
>1/18 cuck seething and coping
makes my day desu
>>
>>9376344
seriously? are you this much of a valueless pissbag in your everyday life?

No wonder you're some worthless neet on 4chan.
>>
Not really sure what to make of this.
>>
>>9376552
Huh?! Very sad.
>>
>>9376598
CEOs generally don't deserve pity and usually make life hell for everyone else.

Even his own kid suffered, hence dying from an overdose. Guy kept on working despite being literal days from death. This guy seemingly did nothing but grow profits for his company.

Sucks that he died, but why should anyone care? This thread shouldn't exist.
>>
>>9376643
You shouldn't exist. Go away zoomer.
>>
>>9376326
>sticky for the ceo of a company that only makes a minor percentage of toys on /toy/
>>
>>9376428
>hurting children.

Yeah because getting low cost toys to the masses while still giving the fans high end collectibles is somehow evil.

Fuck right off outta here you whiny pathetic subhuman shitstain.
>>
>>9376646
This guy didn't make anything.
He's not an artist. He's not a sculptor. He didn't create anything. Did he even have any hand in actually making creative decisions?

Guy's as important to the toy making process and related to /toy/ as much as an accountant or banker is.
>>
>>9376663
>He's not an artist. He's not a sculptor. He didn't create anything. Did he even have any hand in actually making creative decisions?
>>
Call me when someone actually important dies like John Goodsmile or Max Factory
>>
File: 1623386954069.jpg (92 KB, 900x900)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>9376722
Why the fuck are you going to bat for some random businessman? Do you realize that CEOs of companies like this have no hand in anything and are simply placed there by other businessmen and are interchangeable at a whim? If this was some small indie company or someone on the design team of a product line that was beloved maybe, but this is just some fucking nobody billionare interchangeable with any of his corporate stooges who will now elect themselves into the seat. This doesn't even warrant a thread, fuck's sake.
>>
>>9376735
If randy or brian died, that should be a sticky. This guy just fucks everyone over and is responsible for all the shitty repaints with black series and the endless lightning collection retools. Certainly Hasbro can only improve with these tumors removed from the company.
>>
Hasbros....
>>
File: paris and old man.png (674 KB, 699x525)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
>>9376722
actually yes.

>>9376729
great post.

>>9376735
the media has made it so that we're supposed to worship any rich people and believe them to be important or beneficial to our lives, despite it rarely ever being true.
They're literal whos, just like Paris Hilton somehow becoming a celebrity or the queen. Both of whom are just as important to the toy process as Brian Goldner.
>>
>Hasbro ranked among the 2020 100 Best Corporate Citizens by 3BL Media, has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past nine years, and one of America’s Most JUST Companies by Forbes and JUST Capital for the past four years.
Literally JUST
>>
>>9376326
He was the CEO of a company that makes children's toys lmfao get over yourself.
>>
>>9376645
Retard.
>>
>>9376663
/thread
>>
>>9376756
>>9376729
Good lord, this site has made me despise anime, manga, and Japan in general. KYS immediately.
>>
File: FA3Gg9lXsAAblyP.jpg (148 KB, 953x953)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>9376817
>obvious joke
>actually funny for a change
>GOD I FUCKING HATE JAPS AND NIGGERS FUCKING KILL YOURSELF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>9376827
I didn’t see any joke.
>>
>>9376836
Then get a sense of humour my dude.
>>
>>9376842
Your joke wasn’t funny.
>>
>>9376817
>seething about weeaboos
>on 4chan of all places
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>9376817
John Goodsmile literally owns this place, anon. Watch what you say.
>>
>>9376817
You don't belong here.
>>
>>9376817
How is that even related to people shitting on some CEO dying? With that kind of mental gymnastics of course you'd be someone who pretends to care about this but only because it's currently a news item. You won't even remember he existed once Twitter stops talking about him a week or so from now.
>>
>>9376735
>t. watches animes, and tries to replicate the same edgelord persona of his favorite fictional bugmen

i know your parents’ divorce was tough, but it shouldn’t be enough to make you cynical. now get over yourself you dumb NEET cunt
>>
>>9376827
unironically gotta agree with that guy anon, no joke was spotted, unless you think stating how easily interchangeable ceos are, in which case yeah more of an observation than a joke
>>
What did 4chan do this time?
>>
>>9376936
The joke, I assume, is the idea that Max Factory is run by some dude named Maxwell Factory. I think this guy flipping out in the thread is just damaged by social media to the point that he thinks every single death of anyone should hold the same weight a close friend or relative does.
>>
>>9376836
>>9376936

>John Goodsmile
>Max Factory

You can't be that dense
>>
>>9376317
He was a corporate overlord but he did a great job, even from a supportive consumer point of view.

F.
>>
>>9376756
I like the Queen. Wish I could get a Figma of her
>>
>>9376317
Well damn, that blows.
He was also part of Bandai in the late 90s and was instrumental to Tamagotchi and Digimon becoming successful in the USA.
RIP.
>>
>>9376385
Not that we know of.

>>9376420
>>9376434
>>9376643
>>9376663
>>9376735

As lovers of toys, the guy did a lot for the industry. From when Transformers struck it big in 2007, he leveraged that into some pretty big growth on Hasbro's side, which in turn, dragged certain other toy companies along.

The dude was a CEO. For all we know, he resented being in the toy industry. Or maybe he was secretly some sadistic violent deviant pervert. Or maybe he posted on 4chan. It ain't about that (although the 4chan thing's pretty damning). It's that under him, the toy industry as a whole got just a little bit better. And at least he didn't get into some shady business like the Mattel CEOs.

So, worship him? Nah. But I'm down with giving him a F.
>>
>>9377164
>And at least he didn't get into some shady business like the Mattel CEOs
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>9377173
Man it has actually been long enough that I remember the happening that was Matty from like 2011 to 2015, but I can't for the life of me remember what the fuck actually happened specifically.
>>
File: ML13.jpg (368 KB, 1024x768)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>9377164
>It's that under him, the toy industry as a whole got just a little bit better.
Don't even bullshit.

The period between Toy Biz to Hasbro happened under his watch and there was a huge dumbing down of 1:12 because of that.
They cheaped out so much that that Hasbro instead switched to 1:18 scale, because of how bad their 1:12 figures were. Great for 1:18 fans, but not for 1:12.
Then Hasbro fucked over 1:18 by cheaping out here, because they wanted to funnel collectors into 1:12 because $20 is a bigger number than $8.99.
Now MLs are $23 or $24, which is a higher price than what other companies are producing for 1:10 and 1:12 scale.

So for all of the good that Hasbro produced, mostly thanks to the REAL toy makers working at Hasbro, you can see how greedy Hasbro is as a business and how they manipulated their customers.
CEOs leaving a company or dying is nothing to cry about, unless you personally know them. Their actions are usually not respectable unless you're a stockholder or aim to be a CEO.
>>
>>9376817
Fine, you westaboo cunt.
Call me when someone actually important like Johnathan H. Wheels, Seth McFarlane, Kirk Lego or Daniel Neca dies.
Happy now?
>>
>>9376317
F
>>
dicks out for brian
>>
>>9376317
S
>>
>>9377300
>Seth McFarlane
Fucking kek, that was a good one.
>>
>>9376861
>Your joke wasn’t funny
Typical reply of retards that are too dense to notice when someone was joking. It doesn't matter that you didn't find it funny, you should still be able to tell that it was a joke unless you're as dumb as a rock.
>>
>>9376643
You’re going to die one day too. Why should anyone care about your post?
>>
>>9376865
>weeaboos
What fucking year do you think this is?
>>
>>9376658
Abloo blood, anon doesn't want me making fun of some random fucker that happened to deliver shit toys to the masses.

Face it buddy, he deserved death for what he did.
>>
>>9376317
>Millionaire ceo of [CORPORATION] died
S
>>
>>9377473
Imagine having such severe asperger's that you wish death upon someone over toys. The sad thing is, you're probably an fully grown man.
>>
>>9377482
Imagine having such severe asperger's that you feel sad about some soulless businessman dying. He may as well have been the ceo of Quaker Oats. He wasn't the one making the toys. He ran a corporation.
>>
>>9377482
probably a fully grown man with a dead end job at a fast food or no job at all. When someone is so edgy it's always because he is a big loser in life.
>>
>>9377496
Fuck off you and your commie rhetoric. We won the cold war and Stalin wouldn't have sent toys to you anyway.
>>
>>9377496
/pol is the other way.
>>
>>9377528
>>9377535
I'm not a communist. Quite the opposite.
>>
>>9376748
Who the fuck are randy and Brian?
>>
>>9377573
I don't see your or anyone posting the guy's creative input into any toyline that would make the posting of him here relevant.

Guy's as important to toys as a Hasbro accountant or HR person.
>>
>>9376317
Good riddance.
Even though I know the next one will be worse.
>>
>>9377588
imagine thinking anyone here is celebrating his death.

There's a difference between "why should anyone care" and "good riddance"
If you can't see that, then you're the type of person everyone should celebrate when you die.
>>
>>9377496
I personally don't feel sad about him dying. Maybe a little since it seemed sudden. But I don't wish death upon him because of toys. I do kinda wish it in you since you seem to be a shit stain of a person.
>>
>>9377604
There are literally people, including you, saying good riddance. In this thread. Your asperger's is showing.
>>
>>9377569
Being at the opposite side of the spectrum still makes you a giant retard. You should stop collecting, toys are too nice for shithead like you.
>>
>>9377607
plz quote me where i said good riddance.

All I've said is that the guy is as relevant to /toy/ as any of Hasbro's janitors or gophers.
>>
>>9377612
You said "good riddance" in >>9377612
>good riddance.
>>
was he vaccinated?
>>
>>9377659
Against cancer?
No he wasn't.
>>
>>9377664
how do we know it wasn't the vaccine that killed him?
>>
Sad how many threads scalefags have to stick their unwanted opinion and scale in.
>>
>>9377686
The cancer vaccine?
>>
>>9377686
>the vaccine is bad and unnecessary, but i NEED to be RIGHT so i can show that guy at the store who kicked me out!
>>
>>9377193
It's been awhile, so I don't remember all their malpractices, but basically, they committed quite a bit of fraud. In particular, the founder, Ruth "Ruthless" Handler.

A kinda funny story is that they falsified orders for product, then had the delivery trucks just take the product and throw them in landfills.

The inventor of Barbie had a cut of the profits, so he was quite rich, and he liked to spend his money. They vilified and generally screwed him where possible. Not that he was an angel by any stretch.
>>
>>9376748
Admittedly you can say the same thing about Randall and NECA. Repaints, retooling, etc.
>>
>>9378900
Neca is bad, but not reactions or black series bad.
>>
>>9377535
/pol/tards are the ones who defend rich people.
>>
>>9378911
Not trying to turn this into one of THOSE threads, but at the very least Hasbro has face printing down (though their paint apps are absolutely awful), but the base is there if you'd like to repaint.

NECA has pretty horrible likenesses that I can't fix with a repaint :(

Though the last BS I got was Nihilus and oh boy did I forget how trash BS articulation can be.
>>
The only thing sadder than grown men whining about a dead CEO is whining about one that ran a company that made toys for children.
You're supposed to grow out of Hasbro you know.
>>
>>9378918
Christians run the government and control the money.
>>
>>9378918
Then why do they vote for politicians that exclusively help rich people?
>>
>>9378939
Ah you're a faggot then.
>>
>>9377629
Is he the one that did that or is this just you struggling just to bitch like some screeching college woman?
>>
>>9377584
I love how you don't even deny it. You being an attention-seeker is so fucking transparent at this point.
>>
>>9376317
>Goldner
>>
>>9379149
>confirmed for being uneducated woman who attained her morals from twitter
keep simping for some random person you never knew and is as related to /toy/ as the parking lot at your local toystore.
>>
>>9379320
Hey now, that parking lot serves a very valuable function.
>>
File: Leo Burnett Group.jpg (30 KB, 612x407)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>9379326
>more twitter-like screeching because deranged woman mentality
like a cat in heat

>>9379329
so do CEOs, but they're unrelated to /toy/ and why this thread shouldn't exist
Might as well create a new thread about who Hasbro will choose to be their new CEO if you think this thread isn't worthless.
>>
>>9377418
Tell that to dr lockdown who's in the process of making an entire rant video about this shit lmao

>>9377449
>lack of self-awareness: the post
>>
>>9378939
At least you admit to being a schizo. Enjoy losing the war.
>>
>>9379335
Why don't you kevetch about the RetroBlasting drama as much as this? That's far more off topic than this.
>>
>>9379552
because who gives a shit and apparently bitching about internet personalities is allowed on /toy/, so me posting there would amount to trolling.
I also don't post in the doll and nendo threads, because i don't care. there's various other threads i don't post in, but at times i go in there to browse. rarely, if ever, do i post in these unnamed threads because i honestly couldn't name them because of how rarely i pay attention to them and their shit doesn't really appear outside of their threads. skeleton general maybe?
>>
>>9376722
i can draw shitty pictures for internet memes if that counts
>>
>>9379617
The retroSpam is far more detrmental to the board than us discussing the fact that CEO of Hasbro died. What a fucking strange hill to die on. Get over it. It's toy related news.
>>
>>9379716
>The retroSpam is far more detrmental to the board than us discussing the fact that CEO of Hasbro died. What a fucking strange hill to die on.
>implications of supporting internet personality bitching
you just repeat phrases like a tiny brained parrot, huh?

>It's toy related news.
And yet, not really.
The CEO of Hasbro is as related to /toy/ as the type of cancer meds he got.
The CEO of Hasbro is as important to /toy/ as the catering services Hasbro uses.
The CEO of HAsbro is as relevant to /toy/ as the type of loans Hasbro gets.
The CEO of Hasbro is as news worthy to /toy/ as how much it costs to rent out the hearse that is going to parade his body around over in Rhode Island.

News about the toothache that Chang of Hunan province who works at the Hasbro factory is more important and relevant to /toy/ than Brian Goldner's death, because Chang is going to fuck up the paint apps because they don't pay him for the time off he needs to go to the dentist.
>>
>>9379754
If you don't want to discuss this, no one is keeping you from fucking off. You're the reason we didn't get a sticky. Stop ruining everything.
>>
>>9379754
Id argue he's pretty influential to the toy industry as a whole since he was the one who pushed for more 1/12 scale products over 1/18. This opened up the market to "adult collectibles" being available in big box stores in the toy aisle.
>>
>>9379775
>waaaaah paranoid schizophrenia ramblings
take your meds

>>9380012
That's not influencial, he only capitalizes on ideas and trends.
Is he even credited for anything creative? He seemingly did nothing, but that's just how CEOs are, because they actually create nothing. It's everyone else in the company who does shit.

The only thing he seems credited for is
>"He expanded the company beyond toys and games into television, movies, digital gaming and beyond,"
None of this is actually his own work or ideas.
And he wasn't even the first, because in the 80s Hasbro had 3 movies made and D&D was the first live action Hasbro movie.

Also, is he the one that pushed for 1:12 over 1:18 or do you only think that happened because it happened under his watch?
Only reason his decisions seem influential is solely because Hasbro makes a ton of products. It's like when people say 1:18 scale is dead, because Hasbro stopped making Marvel and GI Joe figures in that scale, despite multiple companies still making them and newer ones entering that market every year.
>This opened up the market to "adult collectibles" being available in big box stores in the toy aisle.
Toy Biz and McFarlane popularized larger scale toys in the 90s, who actually influenced companies like Hasbro and Kenner to switch to larger sized figures. "Adult Collectibles" was also a Mcfarlane's thing, since Walmarts, KMarts, TRUs, KBs started to sell his stuff, ESPECIALLY those gorey sexual Mcstatues in the 00s. In addition, McFarlane was probably the first to make inroads in getting collector-only toylines into mass market stores, which started the collector only sections in Targets and Walmarts, with his Walking Dead figures (later filled out with Game of Throne, Magic, Godzilla, and even import toys)
>>
>>9380761
By chance, are you the same idiot keeping bumped the spamming threads with stupid posts about how they shouldn't exist? The same "this thread shouldn't exist" that you are spamming here? I happen to catch your retarded posts every time you bumped those damn threads in the front page, you fucking moron.
>>
>>9380769
>more schizo ramblings
Yes, I'm also the person who shook you as an infant and the reason for why you're such a damaged person today.

Take your meds so i can continue tracking you and suppress your superpowers.
>>
>>9380761
>>waaaaah paranoid schizophrenia ramblings
>take your meds
It's unironically true Subjectanon. You ruined the sticky when we had it. Undeniable fact.
>>
>>9380789
You have a strange fetish for the word "schizo" which you repeat ad nauseam in every thread you infest. In retrospective it's obvious you have mental problems or suffer from a serious disorder that makes you act like a flaming idiot. That or you are just an asshole with a limited vocabulary.
>>
>>9380789
Hi lio.
>>
>>9380837
Ban evading I see
>>
>>9376317
F
>>
>>9376317
F
>>
>>9380840
Never been banned in my life from 4chan. Thanks for confirming that you are a shitty psychopath ready to shit even on dead people. Go fuck yourself now.
>>
>>9376317
If i remember well he was responsible for suggesting the idea of the Minicons in Transformers Armada.
>>
>>9380829
>reeee stop following me to every thread i go
I've probably written out the word "shizo" and "schizophrenia" maybe a dozen times in the past 3 years.

If you're getting called a schizo more than this, maybe it's time to go to the brain doctor or for him to increase your meds.

It would explain why you have to constantly derail threads to bitch about unrelated things.
remember hwen this thread was about a dime a dozen CEO who actually has less to do with toys than the 15 year old retail worker at Target near the toy department?
>>
>>9380893
Predictable answer, but suit yourself. Your stupid posts are bumping this thread to the point of making a sticky redundant, so in a perverse way you are still doing something good.
>>
File: 1633237047891.png (725 KB, 630x767)
725 KB
725 KB PNG
S
>>
>>9380857
Just repeat the phrase that will drive him away. Begone Lio Boomer Child Groomer.
>>
>>9380936
Keep your autism to yourself. All your threads got deleted.
>>
>>9380916
the dumb tits ruin the robot design
>>
>>9380993
I detect a homosexual
>>
>>9380993
fuck idw
>>
>>9380936
Fuck off you weird asshole.
>>
>>9376463
Actually happens a lot. Cancer will just throw clots or erode an artery and you'll bleed to death internally.
>>
>>9381177
Blow it out your cunt opal.
>>
>>9381450
It's a sign of autism to always need to get the last word in.
>>
>>9381152
No, they just look stupid and should've been more robotic obviously. Fucking normies can't appreciate anything good.
>>
>>9381450
I love that all your threads keep getting deleted, no matter how hard you try to hide the fact that they're off-topic gossip shitposts.
>>
>>9376344
Not only are you an edgy faggot but you're showing your whole ass by being a fucking retard.

Peppa Pig and PJ Masks are both enormously popular Children's brands.

No fucking shit the huge Toy maker bought two of the biggest pre-school franchises.

This is why you live a shitty empty life that isn't going anywhere, making min wage.
>>
>>9380893
kek, they're talking about you on /co/ Subby.

>>>/co/126398748
>>
>>9384091
You really are a pathetic fucker. Nobody cares about your grudge.
>>
>>9380761
>>9379335
>>9379320
>>9378923
The funny thing is, this soulless CEO who probably had to screw over a bunch of people to reach the top, will legitimately be more respected and remember, and certainly talked about positively, than you when you die. I mean, to be fair, most of us, will be forgotten pretty quick, but no one's going to appreciate you.

RIP Tad, you were one of the good ones. F to Goldner, you deserve that much.
>>
File: 1616643276316.jpg (37 KB, 392x289)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>9376401
>>9376643
>>9376663
>>9376735
>>9376756
>>9376801
>>9377496
>>9377479
>>9377584
>Billionaire CEO
>literally some of the most evil and despicable groups of people on the planet
Completely agree with the previous statements made.

Nothing of value was lost.

Eat the rich.
>>
>>9385769
I'd eat Shakira, if you know what I mean.
>>
File: 1454438920814.png (10 KB, 390x416)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>9378923
we are in a culture that buys things from people they hate
>>
>>9385891
That's because the people I hate own everything. The system is working as designed.
>>
>>9385769
>Eat the rich.
Small IQ detected.
>>
>>9376756
paris became a celebrity both because of money and how hilariously stupid and arguably attractive she was considered back then
>>
>>9376756
>Paris Hilton
Keep dating yourself subjectanon.
>>
>>9380936
Last time you said that, your two threads got nuked. Guess this only works for driving you schizos away.
>>
>>9376317
he was my favorite CEO
>>
>>9385769
People like you always remind me of the scene in Life of Brian where theyre planning a rebellion.
>What have the romans done for us?
>>
>MASK MAtt Trakker gets remade into a black guy
>Cobra Commander can no longer be depicted as hooded even though it's an executioner's hood and not that other type
>no more slave Leia in bikini
>CEO Goldner
I will find the day when /pol/ is wrong, but it's not today.

Also F. I don't wish death on anyone even on the people I don't like.
>>
>>9386603
Except, if you actually analyse that scene it's a parody of itself.
Slaves built the aqueducts, the roads, the sewers, the palaces, and senate buildings.
The architects didn't get the elite positions or the big money.
The engineers weren't the ones making the decisions or running the empire.

The majority of billionaires are useless cunts who were born into money and will die with money. Then their children will inherit their wealth and be the next breed of ruling arseholes who contribute nothing meaningful to society.
>>
>>9386110
Shit-eater detected. Enjoy their scraps anon, because they don't care about you. You're disposable.
>>
>>9388144
You must be 18 to post here.
>>
>>9388178
Gooooood consumer, yeeeeesss, good good, tastes delicious, no?
Mmmmmmmm...you know you want some more, how about THIS toy? Isn't it big and chunky? Look how much plastic we used, it MUST be good, yes?
Oh, you like that character? Well, how about a DOZEN different variants? Look! We painted his top a different color! You know you NEED it!
How about THIS rare character? No, you don't want it individually packaged, I know you want it in a pack with these other three characters that I know you (don't) care about!
Enjoy your meal!
>>
>>9390471
Is this how zoomers try to cope?
>>
>>9390471
Show us your toys troll. Or do you not buy any?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ibZPdiMak
>>
File: IMG_20200413_132452.jpg (3.13 MB, 4048x3036)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
>>9390652
Sure, here's a shitty photo of a few of them I took while mucking around earlier this year.
Not sure why you'd want to see them though.
>>
>>9392922
i hope that thing on the right is a wine cooler, because it's too small to be anything useful.
>>
>>9392922
>dice
Weirdo.
>>
>>9393596
Nah, dice are cool. Oh, I see what you did there, the toy collector calling the dice collector a weirdo, nice one anon.
>>
>>9392933
>Show us your toys troll. Or do you not buy any?
>posts toys
>toys are awesome so actual troll makes negative comments on something else
>>
>>9376317
aw man, he was one of my top 5 favorite CEOs
>>
>instead of discussing what this could mean for the future of Hasbro this thread devolves into mouth breathers crying about CEOs
This is how I know you guys have double digit IQs.
>>
>>9395714
Maybe the anons saying that they don't care about the death of a billionaire CEO don't give a shit about the future of Hasbro?
Did you think about that anon?
>>
>>9396892
Cool story bro. How much time you spend fixing horrible qc in third party figures, especially Transformers? Inbefore qc at Hasbro is terrible: i stopped buying 3p after having to disassemble ad fucking 200 dollars figure trying to fix a design flaw. ALL the 3p figures i bought had problems and ALL OF THEM were expensive.
>>
>>9395714
considering how little CEOs matter for toy companies and what /toy/ talks about, there's nothing to discuss.

To illustrate this, Mattel has a CEO and they're in trouble with many of their toylines, yet if they changed CEOs tomorrow, what would he be doing differently? They had changed CEOs in 2018. Did anyone care?
They also changed CEOs in 2017. Who was she and what did she do?
And who was the CEO before her?

These people don't matter to /toy/, because CEOs don't make the creative choices that relate to what /toy/ talks about.
>>
>>9396914
Low IQ opinon. CEOs affect what companies do all the time. Why do you think 1/12 is so prevelant?
>>
>>9396924
A quintillion bucks says you never knew the name of the CEO in charge of Hasbro when they took over the Marvel license from Toy Biz and didn't care until right now.

Besides, shit like that probably isn't even decided by the CEO. CEOs are just opportunists, the ultimate "me toos," who give the go ahead for the ideas laid out by others. No one cares about who approved Don Levine's idea for the GI Joe doll or the 3.75" figures.

The fact you couldn't even answer any of my questions about Mattel's CEOs only proves you don't give a shit either and who knows why you're even trying to give a shit about CEOs in the first place.
>>
>>9396957
>A quintillion bucks says you never knew the name of the CEO in charge of Hasbro when they took over the Marvel license from Toy Biz and didn't care until right now.
I wasn't collecting toys then so no I don't. What's it matter?

>Besides, shit like that probably isn't even decided by the CEO.
>like that probably isn't even
>probably
So you're just making assumptions? Got it.

>CEOs are just opportunists, the ultimate "me toos," who give the go ahead for the ideas laid out by others.
You sound jealous

>No one cares about who approved Don Levine's idea for the GI Joe doll or the 3.75" figures.
Bitch I happen to find that shit interesting. And so do copious amounts of others. Enough that Netflix made a three season documentary about such things. Just because you're too smooth brained to give a shit doesn't mean everyone else is.

>The fact you couldn't even answer any of my questions about Mattel's CEO
Who cares about Mattel? They suck. Why are you so buttmad about this?
>>
>>9397021
>I wasn't collecting toys then so no I don't. What's it matter?
You asked why 1:12 is so prevalent, yet....

>So you're just making assumptions?
Sounds like you don't either. Guess why? Because we only know what actual creative people say, who get all the credit, rightfully so.

>Bitch I happen to find that shit interesting.
Bullshit. IF you found it interesting you'd know about everything i asked.

You can't answer shit, because you yourself don't actually care and are taking up a contradictory view either because you're lonely and/or want to pretend you're smarter that you can't even imagine being because you're so fucking stupid.

>Who cares about Mattel? They suck.
Point i was making is that CEOs aren't really involved in creative decisions. Mattel went through a buttload of CEOs yet lost the DC license because of poor sales from their cheapass toys, that did not improve despite so many CEOs coming in to work their magic.
Lots of potential in so many changes that could have happened... if CEOs actually mattered, like you're pretending they do.

>Netflix made a three season documentary
mediocre shit. even fucking wizard magazine wrote better, more informative shit and their articles were small.
>>
>>9397026
I'm sorry I don't know you're specific tidbit of information off the top of my head. Be more autistic.
>>
>>9397059
>even fucking wizard magazine wrote better, more informative shit and their articles were small.
So youoh admit people aremintereeter in this stuff
>>
>>9397114
>seriously so lonely that he's jerking off and typing one handed
you gonna coooooom from any reply, so why even bother trying to decipher your post that you've proven you're not serious about?
>>
>>9397149
So you admit people are interested I'm this stuff?
>>
>>9397068
Oh, I don't. I liked finding out the background story for the different toy lines, but each episode was essentially a "this is how we worked out what would make the most money and here are the things we did to make it happen!"
Yes, there were a couple of nice things about the actual passionate designers, but the whole series was essentially a tribute to the glories of capitalism.
I wanted to know about toys.
>>
F
>>
>>9376317
S
>>
>>9376317
Sad he died, glad he can't harm Hasbro IPs anymore.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.