[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can any capekino collectors tell me how some specific figures could look together...

I'm really interested in the New ShF 2012 Avengers, but these would be my very first ShF and im also interested in the Mafex Justice League since ShF didnt even finished its own collection, and for Mafex its almost the same, they have the full JL but they only have a few avengers.

Can some Mafex and ShF capeshit owners show me how these specific figures look next to each other? What bothers me the most is the scale, ShF are slighty smaller but i dont think it's that bad
>>
>>9313516
>capekino
>>
>>9313516
Not a capeshitter myself but in theory they should look fine together, they're roughly 1:12 so should scale fine. Bandai do the best realistic humans in the scale, Mafex isn't far behind but their build QC can be very spotty. Just don't try and pair them with Western figures, they'll stick out like sore thumbs.
>>
I'm also curious about this whole Mc Farlane drama about their DC figures being now bigger and thus being incompatible with Marvel Legends, the former DC Mult. and every line that features 6inch humans.

Can you also post some Mcfarlane next to some ML to show me how bad/inconsistent/retarded the scale looks? I'm really interested in those new What if ML but i also want the McFarlane Snyder stuff
>>
>>9313527

Ok so basically both teams could look good together but they are incompatible to ML and McFarlanes right?
>>
>>9313532
Pretty much yeah.
>>
Get the 80s WonderWoman. Way better faces, and the ass is S+ tier
>>
>>9313516
the upcoming Avengers SHF collection looks great, maybe the "ultimate" version of these characters, also the Legends collection is great and you have many versions of the characters so that's even better for 20/30$.
With the JL isn't that simple because the Mafex collection of the JL is "meh" at the best (also MAFEX quality for 80$+ figures isn't worth it) if you want the cast, MAFEX is your only choice, even if the figures aren't impressive at all, and the SHF collection has very good figures (WW, Flash) and others are just horrible to see (Superman) and the line is also incomplete, Cyborg and Aquaman were canceled, the McFarlane JL collection is worse than the Mattel collection, in conclusion:
-Avengers: Upcoming SHF - Legends
-JL: Mafex
>>
File: lineup1.jpg (315 KB, 1702x1200)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>9313516
>>9313532
Shitty pic but I hope this helps anon. I've got a few more of each line in storage right now and only a handful of ML but yeah they definitely won't fit next to the imports unless it's one of the Hulks or Thanos or whatever.
>>
Hope we get some Marvel Zombies in the figurearts line. Zombies spiderman would be my ideal figure.
>>
>>9313656
Nice Batman, it’s one of his coolest movie suits
>>
>>9313656

Thanks bro, honestly the height difference between both brands is not thaaat noticeable except for ShF female figures who tend to have smaller skulls so you just know the fig is in another scale, that's fixable since the upcoming ShF Avengers Widow has short hair which gives volume to her head. As for the males yeah, maybe Mafex are taller but you can kinda disguise the difference

>Batfleck armor makes him taller just like RDJ gets taller in his Ironman armor

>Superman gets a pass because Superman towering everyone else is normal

>Same for Aquaman and Wondy since they're both semigods

>Cyborg's body can transform and alter itself to get as bulky as he wants, gets a pass

>Flash uhhh...dynamic running poses can disguise his height among the smaller figures

Now just for fun, can you keep posting cape figures from different brands? Youre figs are so cool and it's refreshing to see the actual toys in hand instead of just googling stock photos all day
>>
>>9313656
iron man has a tiny head.
All the other figures have heads bigger than his helmetted head.
>>
File: jl-tactical.jpg (570 KB, 3189x2000)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
>>9313713
It's a great suit, weird they didn't reissue the figure for ZS JL.
>>
File: general.jpg (263 KB, 1705x1100)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>9314021
>>9315756
Yeah I think you'll be able to mix the two lines without much issue.

Also the Mafex scale gets a little wonkier the earlier you go back. I think they blend better with SHF in the present day like how IW Thor from both companies are around the same size.
The Mafex Suicide Squad line was bizarrely large, even larger than their JL figures.
>>
File: ironmateys.jpg (264 KB, 1695x1100)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>9315627
>>9315758
Agree on that one, I think the SHF Iron Man figures don't have enough bulk.
>>
File: iw-end.jpg (157 KB, 1251x1100)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>9315759
>>
I'd actually be curious to see how the SHF/Mafex Justice League stuff scales against the recent McFarlane Darkseid and Steppenwolf.
>>
>>9313516
Here's my JL display:
Superman - SHF
Batman - Mafex
Wonder Woman - SHF
Cyborg- Mafex
Flash - SHF
Aquaman - Mafex
Darkseid - McFarlane

Superman and Wonder Woman are slightly smaller but nothing too noticeable once posed. And yes I know MF Darkseid is a different scale but he works as a towering villain for my figures to fight.
>>
>>9315803
way too big, imo
>>
>>9316160
Even so, I'd like to see the results while I wait for my order to be fulfilled.
>>
I was gonna just go all in and get mafex endgame cap, thor, and iron man as my main show piece for mcu. I only have a few other mcu legends like infinity war black panther, iron spider from the target two pack, The Black Order amazon pack, and the individually packaged rescue. Was thinking of grabbing giant man while he’s in stock
>>
He seems to work decently well between both scales.
>>
>>9313656
Black Widow looks stoned.
>>
>>9313519
the future is now, tranime

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.