[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 83 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Gypsy (Copy).jpg (1.54 MB, 1920x1440)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>"If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!"

***READ THE GUIDE***

Discord
https://discord.gg/y8q7nnB5

The guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSBDfE8Iz-a86DZJCR5MHRW6tjkQX-y4-ZpUc_vHjRfx_i2FB0zR1usdrgUJ4wNTs1iDFZmTQHF66X_/pub

And a handy guide to other types of plamo: http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20(Scale%20Modelling%20Step-By-Step).pdf
http://www.scalemodelguide.com

Some line art:
https://imgur.com/user/Gundaml1neart/posts

Previous thread: >>9276361
>>
==ZAKU GROUPBUILD==

Build and customize a mobile suit from the Zaku family in any way you can imagine! Any suit that has the word "Zaku" in its name is fair game, meaning you can use any of the following:
>Standard UC Zakus such as the Zaku I or Zaku II
>Variants such as the Act Zaku, Desert Zaku, Zaku Tank, etc
>ZAKU Warriors and their variants from the Cosmic Era
>SD Zakus
This means you cannot use the following for the main part of your build
>Other Zeon/ZAFT mobile suits (ie: Goufs, Gelgoogs, GINNs)
>Zaku expies from the Universal Century (HiZack, Geara Doga, Den'an Zon, etc)
>Zaku equivalents from other Gundam timelines (Leos, Grazes, Borjanons, etc)
You can still source parts from other kits for your builds, but the basis of your entry has to be at least 50% Zaku (ie: Swapping out the bottom half of a Zaku II with a Dom to make a Zaku II High Mobility Test Type would be acceptable, but throwing a Zaku head onto a Dom won't cut it). The 50% limitation refers only to the body itself, you're free to do what you wish with your suit's equipment.

Send all photos (Both WIPs and Finished photos, with multiple angles/poses) and a short description of your build to gunplaplamo@gmail.com once you're finished. Additionally, please state whether your home board is /m/ or /toy/ when you're submitting your entry. This information will remain private and won't be referenced with submissions, I just want to know which /gpg/ each entry represents.

START: 7/16/21
END: 10/16/21
>>
File: c110_wip2.jpg (146 KB, 1200x800)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>high pressure dry coat
>low pressure wet coat
How to get a perfect gloss in 2 easy steps.

Post WIPs.
>>
>>9296798
I can still see peel in the lamp reflections, cut and polish is the only way to make it perfect
>>
>>
any new pics of the virtue?
>>
Anyone have experience buying opened or damaged box kits? What are the odds of broken or missing pieces /runners?
>>
>>9297208
If you're buying from AmiAmi or Mandarake, there's a chance the plastic covering on the runner was opened and that's about it from what I've seen. I've also heard people saying the bought damaged kits and it was just the corner of the box being smushed slightly.
>>
>>9297208
Damaged a bit at the corner yea, but it was just cosmetic. 15% off too so thats something
>>
File: 20210909_035300.jpg (1.21 MB, 3024x4032)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
My wife just finished her first PG. She's way too shy and scared of criticism to post it herself, so I thought I'd post it here.

Zero help from me outside of me glueing the kashira onto the sword's handle due to how loose it felt.
>>
>>9297497
It's nice, tell her she did a good job and to stay the fuck away from us for her own good.
>>
File: OFDOJDQ - Imgur.jpg (3.36 MB, 6936x9248)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
>>9297497
Rifle + Shield

Rifle has a peg to attach it to the back for storage. Sadly, the shield just has to sit to the side when not in use.

>>9297510
She doesn't know I'm posting it. I'm just really proud of her and wanted to show it off.
>>
>>9297521
You're proud of your wife for being capable of assembling children toys according to instructions?

Is she a child bride?
>>
>>9297953
hot
>>
So, I'm looking to add some articulation to my Seltzam's fingers but I think the plastic might be too thick to cut through with my shitty exacto blade. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Do they make teeny tiny saw blades?
>>
>>9297965
Various craft knife makers have photo-etched saws that go up to 0.1 mm thickness.
>>
>>9297992
Oh shit, look at that. And it's only ten bucks on Amazon. Thanks, I think that'll work perfectly.
>>
can i remove seam lines without painting? every seam welding guide seems to assume you are going to paint and i have no interest in painting
>>
>>9297953
Haha. The circumstances are a bit silly>>9297497, but it looks good. Needs a topcoat thou yea? Also , i never built a PG, do they come with watersides?
>>
>>9298010
Highly doubtful, since it needs pretty heavy sanding to clean up after you weld the parts. Just buy a cheap rattle can and boom, problem solved.
>>
>>9287904
Can you use anything from Leopard da Vinci? They unfortunately 90s Gundams are smaller than the standard and they decided to make it standard. But I think you could use the head, feet, and maybe the torso with some modifications. Also look into HGBC Ballden Arm Arms to replace the joints with like this http://dqfg.blogspot.com/2015/08/how-to-use-hgbc-balden-arm-arms-to-add.html.
>>
File: 20210909_131211.jpg (1.15 MB, 2411x2250)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>9298010
You kinda can. However it does tend to show a line where it was sealed up. It would take some heavy sanding to completely level it out everywhere and sometimes you still need to putty the cracks on parts.
>>
>>9296279
>if I pretend I'm too stupid to know what the word means then it can't be used against me!
lol

>>9296287
Anon, just stop. Come on dude.
>>
>>9296798
hey aussieanon I've been wanting to ask you since I saw that you did a tomytec f-15dj a while ago.
are any of the tomytec 1/144 f-15s unpainted or did you remove the paint from the kit? the mold of the kit looks so nice but I hate prepainted parts, it's a rare kit too.
your f-15 looks awesome though
>>
File: f15dj065_wip.jpg (624 KB, 1037x2160)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
>>9298296
>aussieanon
Huh?

>are any of the tomytec 1/144 f-15s unpainted or did you remove the paint from the kit?
Not sure if they have unpainted kits, the one I built was fully painted.
All I did was glue the parts together, touch up the obvious nub marks and apply decals. Tomytec kits really teach you how to use the absolute minimum amount of glue.
>>
>>9298490
I was so sure that you was australian
>All I did was glue the parts together, touch up the obvious nub marks and apply decals.
ahhh, well I want to grab one for myself to see if I can strip it and do my own thing to it since I already got the decals for pic related in 1/144 (yes I know there's already an exact tomytec f-15c for this, but I want to do it myself)
might just grab some other brand instead of hunting for one but I really like the look of the tomytec one, it's a nice kit no?
>>
File: crack1.jpg (637 KB, 1191x1269)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
Fresh shipment of plastic crack has arrived from Ukraine.
>>
File: crack2.jpg (387 KB, 1200x795)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>9298511
>as expected from AModel
There is supposed to be a 1/72 plane under all that flash and burrs somewhere. I think.
>>
>>9298511
cool trucks
>>
File: f15dj065-04.jpg (586 KB, 2049x1600)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>9298503
Tomytec kits have a shitton of markings, I don't know if anybody makes decals that detailed for 1/144.
Alsp considering how much Tomytec kits cost these days, getting one just to strip seems like a waste.

Minicraft (and maybe Platz?) make 1/144 F-15s, mold quality should be comparable. Just get one of those.
>>
>>9298535
yeah holy fuck they look really good for 1/144 scale, doubt I'd be able to do a better job myself but I still want to try(if I can even find one).
you're right I should just give up and get another more readily available kit instead, minicraft looks good but I'm gonna do some more research.
>>
Anyone got his invoice for the RG Hi-Nu from HLJ ? Pre-ordered the moment it came live in april but it's shown as backordered like Richetta. Fuck me sideways, twice in a row.
>>
>>9297497
>>9297521
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub marks all fucking over. what a waste of money
>>
>>9298657
>implying nub marks are unfixable somehow
>>
>>9298799
is that thing even available anywhere?
>>
Im having a real hard time removing seam lines bros. Even with the plastic cement, sanding, and painting, it still comes out with a small little seam line. How do you guys do it?
>>
>>9299457
More cement, press it harder together, use those wood clamps. Failing that just use putty.
>>
>>9299457
You need it to ooze if you're using the extra thin cement method, since these cements have no filler plastic. If you fail to do that then you'll probably need multiple applications of Tamiya white putty (or un-thinned primer) + sanding.

You could also use the thicker cement, they have 10% styrene dissolved to act as filler so you don't need to apply as much pressure. The process is messier though.
>>
>>9297497
Even if there's nubs all over and she can't pose it for shit, it's really great that you have a wife who enjoys this sort of stuff. Dare I say I'm a little envious.
>>
>>9299255
>open box
Don't. Someone ejaculated on that.
>>
>>9299615
it doesn't come assembled
>>
File: fagb_wip002.jpg (342 KB, 1200x795)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>9299457
Cut the pegs to 2/3 of their original length.

Seam welding is based on squeezing the parts closer than they are when the kit is assembled normally (to let a small amount of plastic melt and cover the seam). If the pegs are intact they simply won't let you squeeze the parts enough and naturally the seam won't close.
>>
>>9299714
and?
>>
File: _20210910_061604.jpg (288 KB, 1597x1378)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>9298799
Decided to just do it. I really shouldn't have ordered the book, though. It surely jacked up the shipping cost, pretty much destroyed the savings I felt like I was getting on the open box kits.
I'm pretty new to this so I saw a cheap frame arms girl that looked like it might be fun.
>>9299615
It isn't assembled. If someone jerks it to the runners, honestly that's impressive.
>>
>>9299834
wait wait wait since you're using manda can you tell me how much the shipping costs for all that and to what country when they ask you to pay? genuinely curious about how the prices are now.
also I don't know if I'd get the special coating version for the metallic red, because the kit has some mold lines on the legs that are very pronounced which will show up even more with a metallic finish(and you won't be able to remove it) and you could easily do that with tamiya or mr colors red spray paint if you don't have an airbrush, if you don't mind mold lines just ignore what I'm saying.
>>
>>9299834
>10k for that asuka kit
fuck
>>
>>9299834
>special coating
imagine the nubs
>>
>>9300121
The normal one is already like 8k
>>
>>9300204
7k, and it's also like 23cm tall
>>
>>9300204
>>9300213
I'm checkng manda and what the fuck, the metallic coat version is 10k yen but the regular one is 12kyen, why?
>>
>>9300216
because maybe it's the fact mandarake is a reselling site like eBay and the merchants can set whatever price they please?
>>
>>9299975
Shipping was fucking 12k to the US, but that's on me.
I shouldn't have ordered the book, I'm sure the size and weight bumped me to a higher shipping cost than the models alone would have. I didn't realize quite how big /heavy it was.
But look at it, it's beautiful
https://youtu.be/kPJmZyBsuRQ
>>9300224
You are confused. Items are sold directly to the shop, and the shop resells them. Prices are unified across stores, changing with the condition of the item.
They also do auctions, but that's a separate thing. I ordered directly from the Akihabara complex store.
>>
Anybody here uses pic related?
Let's hear some opinions.
>>
>>9300314
Manda buys from other sellers to pad their storefront. Prices reflect accordingly, and vary between shops.
t. bought a revo yotsuba for $30 less from grand chaos as opposed to one listed at lalala
>>
>>9298652
Anyone ?
>>
>>9298652
that's normal
third party resellers are clogging the backorder system so they can resell on amazon/ebay
>>
>>9300437
Huh, I wonder how common that is. Some items were identical, some had small variations I assumed were just used condition differences.
>>
>>9300518
Depends on the product ofc. Super common with OOP items. Probably not that command with new stuff.
>>
File: 1631304830065.jpg (3.93 MB, 4096x1365)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB JPG
Fuck yeah. Spoons.
This is my 2nd time with an airbrush. Used some Vallejo black mecha as a primer. Not sure what the difference is with black primer and black paint though.

Anyway. Craft paint is pretty neat.
>>
>>9300700
>actually spraying Crafters paint from an airbrush
Thinning it must have been an adventure.
>>
>>9300719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKkq1e1wLE0
>>
>>9300731
I know because I used it myself.
The paint is fucking trash and pigment density is nowhere near proper hobby paints but it works well enough for painting diorama bases.
>>
>>9300719
Not hard to thin til consistency of milk.
I didn't measure jack shit
>>
Is it normal for kits to be ~$10 in person vs online? There's a shop near me that has a good selection but they're usually like $35 compared to $25 on Amazon. I don't wanna overpay but I also would rather give money to an independent business than Bezos
>Pic is one I made last weekend
>>
File: IMG_66022.jpg (172 KB, 560x840)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>9301021
I don't know where you're located but for me (Canada) Amazon is by far the most expensive choice I have. Its often $20+ more expensive than local hobby stores and thats just for HG kits! I got ONE good deal randomly on an RG on Amazon so I bought but but its mostly resellers marking up the price. I don't know if Bandai has an official store on it.

All the hobby stores here are usually within ~$3-5 of each other for the price of each kit, and because the hobby is so small + the demand has been really high recently, I rarely see deals on anything at all outside of like, pre-ordering kits.

So yeah its weird that you see stuff for cheap on Amazon imo. In the US I think there are some stores that have rare good deals on gunpla (Target, Hobby Lobby) and you can find stuff for really cheap occasionally.
>>
>>9300700
I have yet to see high quality color shift on gunpla. Mostly you can see big specs of paint flakes everywhere.
>>
>>9301021
Most shops I've seen tend to have marked up prices, particularly if they don't specialize in kits. At my local comic store I won an MG 00 Raiser that they were selling for $90. I also remember seeing an HG Rasetsuten for $40-something instead of the $30~ it sells for from US sites and $25~ from Japanese sites.
>>
File: 1399837092392.jpg (340 KB, 1024x1227)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>9301104
>>
File: 1445060473958.jpg (835 KB, 1368x912)
835 KB
835 KB JPG
>>9301174
>>
>>9301175
looks great in the pictures. most ones ive seen have massive flakes, i wonder what paints he used and what is process was like.
>>
>>9301175
Impressive. Wouldn't use it on a whole suit like that myself but as a showcase of painting ability that's damn good.
>>
>>9299457
here's a dumb question. How do you seam weld a part that you need to keep separate for painting
>>
>>9299457
Protip weld with normal tamiya cement or testors. Use rubberbands or aligator clips for tension if it seems an issue, but generally on first weld you can use finger pressure and clean it up.

Afterwards if you still have some small cracks or issues, use tamiya THIN cement which is very runny to drip into the cracks like a panel wash, and then apply the tension. Since you have much less cement and its already mostly together it wont make as big of a mess.
>>
Every time I go back to doing a GW kit after doing Bandai or Kotobukiya kits for a while, I'm stunned by how shoddy GW kits are. Terrible parts fit, massive gaps, no attempts to hide seams through clever assembly, huge chunky gates often near fine details like rivets, mould lines also through those details etc.
>>
>>9301238
Actually I have had the same question, but felt too dumb to ask, so im gonna piggy back off you. How does that process go other anons?
>>
>>9301238
>>9301929
mod it or mask it
>>
File: 1571102182334.jpg (382 KB, 1280x1758)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>9301238
>>9301929
>>9301968
>mod it
probably the best way to go
>>
How bad did I do on my first true hg kit? I already had practice with the entry grade rx-78, but learning about buffing nail files helped me a lot.
>>
Is the RG Astray Red Frame worth getting? I hear something about a bad waist. I want an Astray but the MG is that variant with all the extra crap I don't care about.
>>
>>9302297
I remember there were a few pieces that were a real bitch to get to click together properly but apart from that it poses and stands well. Since it's an old RG the frame will probably turn to mush over time but mine's fine after about a year but I only posed it two or three times.
>>
What are some good cheap kits to build starting out and fuck up on?
I've ordered a bunch of kits I want, but I also don't want to fuck them up.
>>
>>9302514
Rx-78, most IBO kits, SD if you are ok with the design. If you have a Hobby Lobby near by they have 40%off kits every other week, so you can get the RX for around 10 bucks,they have a Leo too Which is cheap. But no Hobby Lobby =IBO kits. Honestly unless you are a legit retard you should be fine, just dont glue anything. What did you order?
>>
>>9302274
Looks fine, honestly not much there to comment on. Time to topcoat the lil shit.
>>
>>9301968
Biggest thing I scratch my head on with welding is the shoulders, usually I have to seal the two shoulder parts together, but I need to slot in the part where you connect the arm, which you cant do if they are welded into one piece. Not every kit is like that obviously. The Moon had 0 spots that needed welding, its damn impressive actually. But yea I guess its time to use my noggin next time for a work-around
>>
"Finished" my entry and entered it in the small hobby show. Not too happy as I didn't get time to do everything I wanted to it in 2 weeks. After the shows over I'm going to take it back apart and add some more decals and weather it. Also going to clean up some of the spots I rushed.
>>
>>9302612
Made up a insignia design for the head and masked it off to paint it. Going to need to go back and clean up some of the lines.
>>
>>9302620
Overall the gundam section is really sad. Its a small show but other than me there's only 2 other people entering gundams.
>>
And last pic, Birdman and Avenger is my favorite kit I've seen here at the show.
>>
>>9302612
>>9302620
Fuck yeah EWAC-ZACK
Looking great
>>
>>9302612
I like it, once the insignia is cleaned up should be good to go. What's up with the venue of the show, looks like a depressing space
>>
>>9302822
Its in the gym of some old activity center attached to a hotel. It looks really old. And yeah my own club leader commented under his breath that the space looks like crap when our group walked in too.
>>
>>9302863
>my own club leader
>club
being in a club devoted to strictly solitary activity like building plastic models sounds incredibly homoerotic
>>
>>9302612
that's still a very nice speedrun attempt
what types of model kits are there most out of in this hobby show display
>>
>>9302878
We meet once a month to do what's essentially show and tell with what we've been working on, discuss upcoming releases and shows, share modeling tips, and every other year we throw our own model show. Its a chill club meeting once a month and I learned a lot attending them. And cool history stuff since its mostly retired military guys.

>>9302906
Its an IPM show so it's mostly planes and tanks with a bit of everything else.
>>
>>9302992
show me the cars
>>
>>9303018
Here, bigger size so you can hopefully zoom in better. Its all pretty standard stuff for a small ipms show.
>>
File: z5brp3p7HW0.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>9302992
>didn't even think of touching the models
>sign says do not touch the models
>now I want to touch the models
>>
>>9302992
That sounds fucking comfy, man.
>>
>>9302992
>>9303033
I wonder if someone has ever fell ontop of the models during a model show
>>
>>9303025
what was the boomer to millennial ratio btw?
>>
90% of the show was people over 50.
>>
>>9303033
>Now I want to touch the models

Okay.
>>
>>9303287
*Touch*
>>
>>9303294
that obviously fell over on its own, the post in the top image is already leaning under load
>>
>>9303313
Nah you can clearly see that the deer did it
>>
>>9298657
nobuildz detected
>>
>>9303327
oh deer
>>
>>9303025
Boomers and their ancient Revell/AMT car kits
>>
>>9300736
Nah you’re just a shitter.
>>
>>9301238
You don’t.
>>
>>9302297
That is, as always, a non-concern. Tightening joints is trivially easy and routine and never a factor in choosing what you want to build. If you like the design then get it.
>>
>>9302514
Try the Dagger L HG from this year. It has good enough color separation to not even need stickers at all, good engineering, easy as possible to build save a few points where you need to press hard, and is at the lowest price range possible for an HG. And really do you care if you screw up some no named Seed grunt unit no one remembers ( I actually think the design is good though personally).
>>
File: rg19_44.jpg (69 KB, 800x438)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>9302297
>>9305027
Looks like the loose part doesn't need to move so you could just glue it in place
>>
File: 20210912_081037 (2).jpg (1.42 MB, 3410x3012)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
Started adding some decals to my kitbash Zaku Tank. Tried to also use some of the ancient ones that came with the 80s Zaku Tank but they immediately disintergrated when I went to apply them hah
>>
>>9305027
>tightening RG MS joints
>>
>>9305490
>thin clear acrylic
>drip into joint
???????
>>
File: N2545031001001_009.jpg (148 KB, 1200x1200)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
Holy shit, they deleted my posts with the pictures of Figure Rise Asuka? Here I was wondering if it's too saucy, and 4chan mods gave a very strong "yes."
That's hilarious.
>>
>>9305543
>t-too lewd for plastic models!
fucking retards
>>
>>9305543
honestly more shocked by the fact moderation just occured on /toy/
>>
>>9305543
By the way, how are Figure rise kits compared to Gunpla grades? They don't look crazy complex, but that could be totally wrong.
>>
>>9305660
The ones with joints are great, don't bother with the unarticulated crap.
>>
>>9305024
But... What if you want to?
>>
I went a little overboard on my first MG but it was worth it
>>
>>9305843
I have no idea what this will look like with the armor on but I'm excited to find out
>>
>>9305843
>Screenshot
>>
>>9305853
here's another,

these parts broke during panel lining even though I used clear coat beforehand
>>
File: sheryl_R15-01.jpg (238 KB, 1500x1600)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>9305543
Interesting. When I posted my Sheryl the other day nobody had a problem.

Mod joined the Taliban?
>>
>>9305843
Dirty looking paint job, but definitely an improvement.
>>
>>9306031
>"Ma'am? Ma'am, please stop farting on the pole. That's a display pole, please do not squeeze it into your crack and fart on it or we're going to have to ask you to leave."
>>
>>9306041
my excuse is that heavy machinery can get quite greasy & dirty, but really this is a warning to be more careful on the outer shell
>>
>>9306031
>Mod joined the Taliban?
Or Ridin' With Biden.
>>
File: IMG_20210202_165853.jpg (2.57 MB, 4000x3000)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB JPG
>>9305660
The rider Kits are superb if thats your alley
>>
>>9306031
where is her ass
>>
>>9306247
On her butt silly.
>>
hah... hah hah....
>>
>>9306364
Just did a quick thing on hobbysearch for surface small packet:
>Shipping Duration: Usually around 1 month to 3 months, maximum 6 months.
Probably be waiting another month or two anon.
>>
>>9306261
not seeing it
>>
>>9305543
Did you give her nipples or something
>>
>>9306218
Is there legit no way to get rid of your phones big ass watermark?
>>
>>9306513
Maybe mods mistakenly thought it was coomer instead of plamo
>>
>>9306650
those are not mutually exclusive you know
I've seen tentacle rape resin kits and onahole submarine plamo
>>
>>9306578
he's some kinda homo that likes that watermark and leaves it there by choice
there was a discussion about this months back
>>
>>9306650
That just means the mods are fags then.
>>
File: 1613597804062.jpg (38 KB, 600x400)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
this honda 125 scooter looks fun, does anyone buy 1/12 motorcycle plamo kits?
>>
File: _20210912_233257.jpg (334 KB, 1644x1906)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>Japanese figurines belong on /jp/
Its a fucking model kit, you stupid mods. That's the entire reason I posted about it to begin with, to ask about it it was a fun plastic model to put together.
>>
>>9307252
The mods truly are retarded cucks.
>>
File: 20191219_144248[1].jpg (1.74 MB, 3984x2988)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>9307252
Mods are fags, what else is new.
I think the multi-color molding of that line is pretty cool.
>>
File: supercub110_01.jpg (606 KB, 1200x913)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>>9307226
>does anyone buy 1/12 motorcycle plamo kits
Some of us do.
>>
>>9306513
Why the fuck is this still happening? This is blatantly promotional material at this point.
>>
>>9307252
>>9307256
>>9307257
janitors just respond to reports and tell the moderator to delete it, they don't understand the context or what's actually happening and can't possibly make a fully educated decision when dealing with reports.
I'm not defending them and I'd wish they'd just look a tiny bit fucking more into the cases but you're expecting too much of the moderation team.
>>
>>9307226
>>9307262
I wanted to get into bike kits but they have no kits of the bikes I want to get
>>
>>9307252
Ha, thats a bitch. I got a 3 day ban for allegedly calling for a doxing, which I sure as shit didn't. Not sure how that works
>>
>>9306730
Wow, that is indeed very homo
>>
What do I need to get started building dioramas?
>>
>>9307503
I wonder why it is that jannies and mods are the exact opposite of the actual users
>>
>>9307625
foam and epoxy resin
>>
>>9307625
Imagination.
>>
>>9297497
pics of your wife's feet please
>>
How often do you guys paint or HG's frames?
Recently had a knee joint break even after priming it.
>>
Panels/armor? Yeah I can do that okay.
Scratch-building helmets is fucking impossible
I can't get it symmetrical, and I can't get it to fit the head. This is so frustrating.
>>
>>9308214
invest in 3d printer
>>
>>9308214
Lets see what you got so far
>>
>>9298010
"Hide" the seam with this thing, pretty expensive and good luck finding one in stock
https://youtu.be/6M40uKpD_pQ
>>
File: 1631538649613.jpg (65 KB, 499x499)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Oh man I posted it again guys. I made fun of their groupbuild too. So anyways who wants a blowjob?
>>
>>9308632
I mean, if you are offering
>>
>>9308632
>I made fun of our groupbuild
Fixed
>>
File: supercub110-01.jpg (501 KB, 1920x1412)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
Quick and easy build, pretty much as expected.
>>
File: supercub110-02.jpg (696 KB, 1200x2611)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
>>9308803
Snapfit thing was annoying, but manageable.
>>
File: supercub110-03.jpg (765 KB, 1600x2047)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
>>9308808
At least no plated parts, so no need for bleach.
>>
File: supercub110-wip.jpg (913 KB, 1600x2033)
913 KB
913 KB JPG
>>9308811
Normally I hate stickers, but this time I actually used foil stickers that came with the kit to make some chromed bolt heads with a sharpened 16 gauge needle.

As usual, also posted at https://www.tinami.com/creator/profile/65467 and https://www.pixiv.net/users/44480539.
>>
File: 20210913_152936_resize_50.jpg (2.69 MB, 2016x1512)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
r8 my setup
>Yes I bought the Keroro Godhands
>>
>>9309053
Functional/10. Pose your Moon dammit. Also, wheres your paints/ other supplies car bro?
>>
File: IMG_1062.jpg (3.17 MB, 4608x3456)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>9307625
Here is my first Diorama. If you have a Hobby Lobby, they sell a box for 20$ with a shit load of supplies. The Zaku is one of those ancient ones I got for 8 Bucks and used tamiya weathering powder along with a some paint n other basic weathering techniques
>>
File: 20210913_160634_resize_87.jpg (2.34 MB, 2016x1512)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>9309086
I'm still learning to pose because I'm an autist and forget how joints move. Also this is only my 7th one ever, so I haven't tried painting any detail lines yet, though I do have some Tamiya pots from some model car builds (need to get detail pens tho). Also have sanding sticks by they're offscreen.
>>
>>9309145
Im trying to post more, but the file size to large and im not the best with PCs, how to shrink file size?
>>
>>9309161
As long as your willing to improve all the more power to you anon. Cant tell, are the kits there topcoated?
>>
>>9306077
Are you 12?
>>
File: arino_on_14_year_olds.jpg (29 KB, 640x480)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>9309281
Are you 70?
>>
>>9309053
>>9309161
>merchandise hanging on the wall
are you renting a corner in a dollar store?
>>
>>9308808
that flat aluminum makes it look so cheap, as if its a bargain store childrens toy
>>
>>9309507
Tell that to Honda.
>>
>>9309519
even that pic clearly has a higher sheen than yours, I would have painted it in flat silver and give it a light grey wash
>>
>>9309527
Okay.
>>
>>9309053
Someone has been shopping at Hobby Lobby I see
>>
>>9309559
Not that anon, but those 40% Sales are pretty damn nice. Unfortunately I allready bought all 5 they have, so heres hoping they expand the selection, I know they sell like hotcakes
>>
>>9309573
Don't get me wrong. Not knocking the guy. I grab a kit from there every couple of weeks. Been thinking about double dipping on the RG wing Zero and trying out a custom paint scheme, maybe picking up a few more jestas
>>
>>9309582
Im actually going to sacrifice the wings from the RG wing from them to hopefully be used on the MG wing ver ka im workin on, and yea defentally a good idea to grab a Jesta to try out new paint ideas. At around 15 bucks its not a huge hit to the wallet
>>
>>9308808
>>9308811
man I just got into motorcycling but I'm a sucker for more retro-ish bikes, this thing is cute and the work put into the kit is actually really well done
>>
Does anyone have any clue when the ultimagear millennium puzzle is coming out? My preorder still says august.
>>
Kind of random, but does anyone know why supply is so completely fucked for Gunpla in Canada? Our distributor won't give me any insight into wtf is going on, but it is worse now then it was at peak COVID.

I am not even talking about bigger/hot release kits like PG Unleashed. In the last 3 months, I have gotten maybe ~15 misc kits everything is else is back-ordered / delayed / cancelled. Other hobby kits like Tamiya/RFM/Takom/etc are coming in fine without any issues.

I am a smaller store, its just becoming frustrating.
>>
>>9309797
All the people who got hooked during peak covid are still buying so demand is through the roof I imagine
>>
>>9309797
what store?
>>
File: 20210905_225150.jpg (3.36 MB, 4032x3024)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
>>9309364
No, those are just part of my diecast collection

>>9309559
Like the other anon said, that 40% off is super nice when I can get an RG for less than $20
>>
>>9309797
>>9309940
Honestly yea ive seen gunpla move into like, every barnes n noble, books a million, college campus bookstores, tons in malls at media stores like fye and i wouldnt be surprised if they start showing up in spencers or hot topic. Gunpla is very public now. One of the mythbusters did a huge video about building a crazy expensive kit. Imagine the viewcount.
>>
File: 20210628_104046 (2).jpg (1.04 MB, 1984x2442)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>9309559
The r8 something or other is the same price 40% off at hobby lobby as normal there.
>>9309991
I got my Wing Gundam Zero (EW) Ver.Ka "Endless Waltz", Bandai Spirits MG 1/100
there. I have started working on him but lost interest, I wound up shooting his wings/all other white parts a pearlized white.
I was pretty hyped to get to pick that one up in store. And even though moon is pretty close to being an RG for HG prices, he still ain't cheap IIRC he was like 39.99+ so 23+. I just got someone into doing gunpla with his mom like a week or two ago. So they are still gaining.
>>
>>9310066
Oh also those aren't my figures. I didn't want to bother taking a new pictures. Though if the tera figure was goat hair I would be in
>>
After 4 days of printing none stop, finished with all the available files for the lootbox+ 1/35 zaku
Just waiting on some m4 20mm screws and nuts to arrive to secure the waist skirts
Probably 3.5l of resin used so far, so like....£100ish
Now to wait for the leg files to drop and start a whole new ordeal
>>
>>9310320
>>
>>9309527
dumb!
>>
>>9310320
>>9310323
I saw this on the 3d printed gunpla FB group, looks like shit ngl
>>
>>9309797
Supply is fucked for the US as well and has been for months. Apparently due to covid related distribution problems there is a gunpla shortage going on where they can't make enough supply to keep up with the demand.
>>
>>9310320
neat proportions
>>
>>9309281
The day farts stop being funny is the day you have died inside, friend. Please try to live more and reconnect with your inner joy.
>>
>>9310565
You don't actually have to be a low-brow animal to experience joy, anon.
>>
File: Ocean.jpg (162 KB, 1000x563)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>when your model barely fits on your desk and doesn't fit into a Billy shelf without cutting and you realize that you might have played yourself this time but you say "so what?" and go ahead anyway
Next couple of months should be interesting. I will learn a lot about structural reinforcement.
>>
>>9310414
Stunning and brave for you to say anonymously you fucking coward
>>
>>9310998
Take it easy man. He said something that no one literally thinks. If you feed the sad little critter he will stick around longer.
>>
File: E2l2ux7VEAE2Clm.jpg (319 KB, 1634x2048)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
There's about a month left in the Zaku Groupbuild, how is everyone progressing with their entries?
>>
>>9311415
Just gotta sew a scarf for this guy
>>
>>9310998
ahh, sorry for posting anonymously on an anonymous image board
let me rephrase my criticism for you, It looks like a bloated piece of shit
>>
does anyone have good sites to check out for OOP gunpla kits? Really want some Reconguista kits but my only options look like backlog on HLJ or paying 4 times the price on ebay
>>
anyone recently build the koto evangelion kits? my eva 00 has a few runners with unused black/white parts for the arms, pylons, and feet

are these just extras for customization/repairs?
>>
I wanna get some minipla in the UK but the places that have decent prices all have stupid overpriced shipping.

This shit sucks, I just wanna get them zenkai miniplas
>>
>>9311723
i mean you could use them for that if you need/want to, but they're just parts that were used for the other eva kits in the line which had them molded in different colors. all the koto eva kits i've built have had things like that leftover.
>>
Do you need to change psi when painting a coat?
I heard someone saying to do high psi dry coat > low psi wet coat for best results.
Can you just adjust with spraying distance on low psi?
>>
>>9312823
depends on what you're spraying. all techniques and ideal pressures vary between paint types (particularly by base) and how you've thinned them.
>>
guys how do I deal with ball joints getting loose? I try using superglue to add a layer of friction but it seems like it's only temporary fox
>>
>>9312978
you want to use something softer to tighten. super glue is too hard and will only wear socket material away further.
>>
>>9312978
A dab of acrylic paint is my go to. Put some in in the cap, shove in the part and leave it alone for awhile, works great
>>
>>9312978
Nail art (not hobby) masking fluid.
>>
>>9312901
So for a flat/matte finish, its not important to get as wet layers ?
>>
>>9307226
I bought some, one of those tiny foldable bikes and a Harley. I´ll probably shop around for more as they´re parts donors for some of my ridable robot projects.
>>
File: MrColorSuperClearFlat.jpg (233 KB, 842x776)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>9313416
It is, for uniform and durable coat.
>>
>>9313568
What psi did you do this at?
>>
>>9313568
10 and no dry coat first.
>>
>>9313644
Again, are you using lacquers or acrylics?
>>
>>9313703
I have both but recently using lacquers more.
>>
>>9313703
It says which paint it is on the picture.
>>
>>9309161
dynamic poses work best in an "S" shape, always keep that in mind

you're on the right track with Gundams right arm up and left leg up, but the sword still feels a little unbalanced
>>
>>9296798
oh I get it, dry coat to get the color down smoothly and then the wet coat to get the texture. I never thought of that.
>>
>>9313802
woah are those nipples and penises
>>
>>9313726
I'm not reading that
>>
>>9313849
yeah, it opens cp and dials your modem to call the fbi on you
>>
>>9307262
how's that olfa knife? been considering it for a while already. also, nice build
>>
File: evabust1.jpg (433 KB, 1024x1555)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
Eva 01 bust. Need some putty work on the neck but it's a pretty cool model. Ignore the white stuff, it's because it's water washed and it discolors. Won't matter once it's primed.
>>
>>9314437
Why is it made of melted gummy bears?
>>
>>9314437
Wow the designer turned it into a generic pacific rim looking kaiju. Maybe show accurate colors will make it look like the real unit 01.
>>
Does the RG Nu HWS (Nu-FAG) come with warerslides?
>>
>>9314462
Because Im going to eat It when I'm finished painting it in chocolate.

It's translucent resin. I had some left over red in the vat and added green to fill it up and you get gummy bear blend.
>>
>>9314620
no
>>
>>9314640
shame
>>
File: pickup.jpg (665 KB, 1600x1005)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
>obscure 1/72 Hungarian kit of an obscure Russian car
>windows are left as a trivial exercise for the reader
It was to be expected I suppose.

>>9314362
It's a good knife, but it's the only one I've ever used so I have no comparison to offer you.
>>
>>9314362
Olfa>X-Acto.
>>
>>9309991
It's always like the same 5 kits though.
Barnes n Noble has had the most variety so far for the longest but they're pricey when not on sale
>>
File: E_LatpfUYAEavtH.jpg (106 KB, 1080x1080)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
care for a drink?
>>
Pretty good week. Got my big Mandarake order in, probably getting a job offer tomorrow.
These are the first kits I bought for myself, though my buddy will probably stop throwing kits at me now to coax me into the hobby (the Core Gundam is one of his). I'm really shocked at how cheap the Frame Arms Girl was, so I got it just to try a Kotobukiya kit.
>>
File: _20210916_141319.jpg (1.62 MB, 3654x2481)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>9316647
Forgot the picture because I'm so dumb.
>>
>>9316652
>figurise labo asuka
Statues are not toys
>>
>>9316652
damn the figurerise box is huge
>>
File: _20210914_130731.jpg (1.23 MB, 3651x2817)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>9316654
Jannies, man.
>>9316658
Yeah, I was a bit surprised.
My buddy said the DX Eva kits were bigger than he expected too. They were closer to PG size, according to him. Are the positron canon and hanger piece really so big?
>>
>>9316663
I'm currently building the RG 00 Eva and it is not that big
it is closer to a normal MG gunpla kit
the positron thing is really big btw
>>
File: _20210914_130804.jpg (1.51 MB, 3804x2649)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>9316667
Ah, I meant the boxes specifically. That's cool the positron rifle is big, though. Sniping is cool. Maybe if I get the Unit 08 kit at some point I'll give it to best girl, since she's basically a dedicated sniper in 3.0.
>>
>>9316667
If you can, I'd love to see an in-progress pic
>>
File: IMG_20210911_125827.jpg (1.42 MB, 4000x3000)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>9316674
Check the size box difference between the normal and the dx kit
>>
File: IMG_20210916_141516.jpg (1.21 MB, 4000x3000)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>9316681
And a WIP pic
I'm currently working on the right leg
I also want to get the Eva 02 RG to complete the trio but goddamn that shit is over 9k yen while the other evas are half that price
>>
>>9316693
Oh damn
>>9316697
Nice, lookin' good.
How common is undergating, by the way?
>>
>>9316746
very, VERY generous. not all parts are entirely undergated but most are, especially those for key sections, so it makes cleaning up the parts a breeze.

>>9316663
what gourai kit is this? because there are like a gorillion variants of it
>>
File: FAG_Gourai_Anime (7).jpg (129 KB, 720x1126)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>9316772
I have no clue about Frame Arms, but it's a kit that comes with a blu-ray (volume 4, I gather).
This appears to be showing the differences between it and previous kits.
It was only like 2,000円, where everywhere else I've looked its $50-60 minimum and often higher, so I figured I might as well try it.
>>
>>9316802
That's a rare one, but it's basically been made obsolete by a new release. That's probably why it was cheap.
They're still fun kits though.
>>
File: IMG_20210916_164602.jpg (1.29 MB, 4000x3000)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>9316697
Now it can stand up, but the ankles are super loose so it can fall off by merely looking at it
>>
How good is the RG Nu Gundam?
>>
File: file.png (639 KB, 901x1147)
639 KB
639 KB PNG
If you missed the Leo-S the first time, tonight's your chance to get one
>>
>>9316994
>>9316697
Is there to a way to build this dressed down of all its armor plating? Looks fascinating.
>>
File: rgev01_14.jpg (43 KB, 319x800)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>9317071
check dalong next time you need a question like this answered
>>
>>9317071
the whole kit has an inner frame, over which you attach the armor plates, so yeah, you could make it look almost naked
>>
>>9316697
All the non DX evas should be around the same price, if you're getting scalped just wait since they are standard release RGs and will be reprinted eventually
>>
>>9316994
quite the cluttered but varied display there
>>
File: file.png (54 KB, 426x264)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>9317058
I have regretted not getting the regular Messer-F02 since, this pleases me.
>>
What are some more things to improve gunpla beyond panel lining and painting?
>>
>>9317861
sharpening edges and rescribing panel lines.
proportion modification too.
>>
>>9317122
is this achievable natty
>>
>>9317897
no, you will need to inject some angel blood
>>
What grades of sandpaper do I get to fully remove nubs?
>>
>>9317945
400, 400 and 400
>>
>>9317972
>t. caveman
>>
>>9317945
Are you painting over?
>>
File: 1601928136561.jpg (244 KB, 500x500)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>9318053
sorry
dulled out 400, fresh 400 and medium used 400.
>>
>>9318076
I am not
>>
>>9318080
you need to work up to 2000 grit sandpaper or a buffing stick or a polishing compound to get back the same plastic shine
>>
>>9318080
To echo the other anon, yeah work your way from 400 up to about 2k at which point doing a buffer will get back to a really good smooth shiny finish. I bought a 3 pack of the gunprimer balancers for a few bucks and that's done a good job for me as a finisher. I'm sure you could find some nail buffer for cheaper though that does the same thing. I don't paint but I do like my kits to have as good a finish as possible before I topcoat and call it done.
>>
>>9317945
I know this isnt the question you asked, but are you using a hobby blade for clean-up? Its my go to nub remove r. After that, if you got a good slice on it your fingernail works strangely well for a follow up nub cleaning
>>
How do you guys feel about gifting a model kit to someone who doesn't build?
My buddy was really into Ikaruga back on GameCube, I thought he might get a kick out of this.
>>
>>9317033
Very, makes you appreciate the engineering put into it
>>
>>9318726
I wouldn't unless theyve expressed interest in starting or at least seem inclined. A heartfelt gift is nice, but that sounds like a good way to make your present collect dust. You know, in a different way.
>>
Is there any truth to the people claiming the Eclipse Gundam MG won't be reprinted?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.