[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pyuerutchi smart.png (597 KB, 749x794)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
It's become a very busy year for tamagotchi

>Tamagotchi Smart
A new japanese color version, to be released Nov 23 for the 25th anniversary. It has a touch screen, microphone, pedometer, rechargeable battery and an optional watch strap accessory so it can be worn like a smartwatch. Similar to the Digimon Vital Bracelet and Tamagotchi P’s, TamaSmaCards can be bought and inserted to add extra content (raisable characters, wallpapers, items etc).
10 built-in raisable adults (8 new), but more available via SmaCards (12 known so far, more implied in promos). No mixing.
A lottery for an anniversary edition white model + SmaCard happened, and the winners will get theirs in August before the main release. Preorders for the regular pink and blue plus two initial SmaCards haven’t gone up yet.

>Tamagotchi Pix
A new western color version, just released this month in the US. It has a camera which can be used for low resolution AR photos, plus cooking/decor/exploring which are all based on using the color of an image. Uses QR codes to connect and receive “downloadable” items (just passwords for internal items). QR codes have already been cracked, websites exist with codes to unlock every item.
No marriage or mixing, adults go back to Tamagotchi Planet and can become a professional when they leave if you play enough of the career minigames.
24 raisable adults.
Has albums to complete for collecting all items, foods and meeting all 101 characters.

>Nanos
Announced/leaked and yet to release: BT21, Pui Pui Molcar, Kamen Rider, R2D2, Jujutsu Kaisen

Which ones will you get anon?
>>
File: 1000158845_7.jpg (110 KB, 1200x1200)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
First look at the Smart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WjDWOpc4nI

Both the Pix and Smart have smooth animation with support for tweening, alpha, scale and rotation, which is new for color tamagotchis

Pic related is the Smart without the watch strap on, it's pretty much the same size as a connection era version
>>
Kinda excited to see what the JJK nano will be like. Other than that, I'm waiting until the green Pix comes out because I really don't like the pink/purple ones.
>>
>>9180356
My purple was apparently lost in the mail. So I've asked for refund and I'll just wait. Green sounds like a good choice.
>>
anyone knows where can I preorder the kamen rider tamagotchi?
>>
>>9180626
JapanYouWant has them up for preorder currently
but they're also confirmed to be getting a US release so they shouldn't be rare
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (98 KB, 1280x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>9180022
i prefer Cthulhu pet phone game
>>
>>9180022
why is that tamagochi muslim?
>>
File: character 06.png (23 KB, 500x600)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>9180762
he's a precious boy
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (27 KB, 400x400)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>9180356
praying for a sukuna one
>>
Should I: Wait for the Green Pix, order a Tamagotchi On! Magic, or save up and buy a Tamagotchi Meets Sanrio? I’m really enjoying the P’s, and will definitely be getting the Tamagotchi Smart when it’s released - really wondering which colour tama to add to my collection next.
>>
>>9180756
that's because you dont like virtual pets, nothing wrong with that

>>>/v/
>>
>>9187859
I'd say either the Pix or Sanrio Meets. Depends on what you prefer- a never-ending eugenics simulator where the sole goal is to create abominations or a more traditional tamagotchi device with more features and collectibles.
>>
>>9187919
>never-ending eugenics simulator where the sole goal is to create abominations
that sounds fun
>>
are there any decent virtual pets games like tamagotchi on the playstore?
>>
>>9188031
I'm biased but honestly no. Mobile virtual pets feel extremely soulless.
>>
>>9188031
My Tamagotchi Forever is on android and iOS, it's a low maintenance tamagotchi which focuses on getting every character and then getting every character multiple times to unlock all their outfits and careers. The games are mostly all tamagotchi skinned clones of popular phone game formulas (piano tiles, 2048, match 3, etc). Growth is based on the food types you feed it rather than care which is okay given the context.
Since it's free to play they're a bit liberal with the "watch an ad to get/do X" features. It's absolutely possible to play without ever paying a cent, and there's no death so there's no pressure or guilt to force you to come back forever, so it's a decent smartphone virtual pet even if it lacks depth
>>
>>9187859
If you like sanrio characters, get the sanrio meets rather than the magic on
Meets vs Pix is what >>9187919 said, it's down to a preference in gameplay
>>
File: nazi tourette camp.jpg (459 KB, 1280x720)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
WHERE DO I BUY MAGICAL WITCHES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>9189243
Do you have $500 to blow?
>>
>>9189730
>$500
Damn. I couldn't even find them to know that.
Reissue when?
>>
is the hello kitty mini one worth it? its as expensive as the classic remakes. if its anything like the anniversary mini, then wouldnt it be super simple?
>>9188031
is the tamagotchi classic mobile game still available? its just gen 1 but with music and nicer sprites. you can even set it to look and act like the original toy, with different shells to unlock
>>
File: gotttioiii.jpg (40 KB, 459x768)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>9191650
forgot to mention, its based off of tamagotchi L.I.F.E., a mobile game that got really popular so they took it down and replaced it with a version that had less features and wasnt free. if you can find a working apk, youd be in luck
>>
>>9191650
>is the hello kitty mini one worth it?
Nanos are very simple and with minimal features. They're fine as a low maintenance way to have a cute character on a screen for you to look at but they aren't intended as something for you to interact with a lot, since they aren't designed with lots of features or depth
>>
File: 1626672048634.jpg (1.02 MB, 1200x1500)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>the ones I want are all nanos
Not sure what to make of that, but I managed to find some good prices online so fuck it.
>>
File: R2Teasers.jpg (256 KB, 800x450)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
Bandai has posted all eight R2 Tama teasers as of today, so a official reveal is likely soon.
>>
Green and Blue pixes are now up on amazon to preorder, with a release date of December 5
>>
>>9180022
God, I love Tamagotchi.

Did anyone have one back when they first came to America? I had one and loved it! Then I went to the park with a neighbor, he swung it and it hit a metal pole and reset itself, and I cried!

Now? Well, I absolutely can not get enough of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MJ4fmWPuz8

So, what Tamagotchi is for me? I ideally want an Eevee one but those seem rare.
>>
File: 4upatternmerged.png (320 KB, 764x940)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
I redrew this 4U faceplate pattern today and I'm going to print it and make it into a faceplate for my Dream Town.
>>9201277
Get an iD L so you can raise all the anime characters!
>>
File: 4u tama galaxy style.jpg (89 KB, 910x1150)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>9201277
iDL is a good suggestion if you like the anime characters. P's also has characters from a later era of the anime, but those are high demand and more expensive because they support custom characters and have an english patch. The iDL still supports downloadable/custom content, not as extensively as the P's but still pretty good

>>9202871
that's one of my favorite 4U faceplates, good choice! I'm still on the lookout for pic related, seems to be pretty uncommon
>>
>>9202929
Not the same person you replied to, but wanted to chime in that I've seen that faceplate pop up on Mercari not too long ago! It's one of my favorites but definitely uncommon. It was a bit pricey for a faceplate if I remember correctly.
>>
>>9203078
I've been checking mercari jp for it, not daily but occasionally. I forget which website it was on, but I think I saw it in the last month or two for 40-50 and that's above what I'd be willing to pay for it right now
>>
>>9203095
I know what you mean, faceplates shouldn't be more than that. It's definitely high unfortunately, but if you want to give it a shot at haggling with the seller, I got the link. It's been up long enough that they might be eager to sell.

https://merc.li/CxsZegdwb
>>
>>9203115
Thanks for the link
I'm not in the US, so even if I successfully set up an account through a VPN I'd have to pay for a forwarding service which for me will cost ~25usd delivery. Got a few things higher on the list I'd rather spend on at the moment
>>
>>9203163
Man I hear you, I recently had to pay a couple forwarding services and it's the shipping that sure takes a bite out. I only do that for top priority stuff too. Best wishes to you and your search!
>>
File: uwasapark.png (26 KB, 123x125)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>lovelitchi cemented as a main character even after the anime is over
>melodytchi not even an npc on the pix which has 100 npcs while literal whos like crayontchi got in
melody bros why do we keep losing
Also I really like the bigger sprites on the Pix and On, I hope they release custom character tools for the On soon so I can get big Uwasatchi
>>
File: suku 2 games.png (532 KB, 814x880)
532 KB
532 KB PNG
>>9204822
>literal whos like crayontchi
they're from the TamaSuku, a bunch of characters from it got abandoned and have never been seen again so I'm actually happy about crayontchi being used again. But the sprites were present in the magic meets image dump (I'm not sure what location they're at), so it's more just a case of the Pix recycling assets from the Meets. I think there's very few characters that are completely new on the Pix, even ginjirotchi had some sprites already done from the mix and the phone app's line de hakken integration.
I think Melodytchi only appeared without her hat on the Mix and not on the meets (besides her fantasy version), so they chose to use a different character with existing sprites instead of drawing new sprites
>>
>>9205009
Her hat is a separate item you can buy on the Mix. So had they wanted to use her they could've just placed her hat on.
>>
File: pix meetable characters.jpg (447 KB, 1711x1589)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>9205832
Yes, but that would still require more effort than using a character that doesn't require any more work.
Excluding the new raisable characters, how many meetable characters are there on the pix that didn't appear on the mix or meets as-is?
>>
>>9205009
well fair enough then. I do like it when they bring back old characters I just wish they would give my favorites some love too. I'm selfish
>>
>>9188031
Ambition's games like Dream Girlfriend and Moe Can Change focus on gacha and dressing up girls. It's grindy and pushes real life money to get stuff, but it's easily one of the best drawn apps out there. Be careful with the time sink it becomes as a free game.
>>
>>9205949
Which ones are actually obtainable? This list is nuts, I'm super happy to see Jellytchi and Shimagurutchi here.
>>
>>9210041
24 raisable adults, you can see them at https://tamagotchi.com/meet-the-characters/
>>
>>9210044
The baby/child/teen characters aren't meetable so they don't appear in that list of 101
>>
File: IMG_20210731_072654.jpg (1.73 MB, 2448x3264)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
running 4 tamas at once rn
>>
>>9202871
>>9202929
Thanks!
>>
>>9212679
so cute
>>
>>9212679
How did you go with changing out the front on the P's? Did the clear plastic get damaged at all, does it still stay on properly now?
>>
>>9212814
I pried it off around the pierce hole, it got a little scratched up but the pierce hides it. It stays on really well and only comes off when you take the pierce off
>>
>>9213155
>and only comes off when you take the pierce off
so it doesn't hold itself in place anymore without something else keeping it there? Is the clear plastic initially glued on?
>>
>>9213199
It still holds itself on pretty well. Even without the pierce it won't come off unless you pull on it, the pierce just makes it easier to remove. It has 4 little plastic pegs which snap into place. I think it was glued initially but it doesn't need it
>>
R2D2 nano shell designs finally got revealed officially, official product page and japanese preorders at 10am japan time tomorrow
>>
File: R2Tama_Promo.jpg (394 KB, 1200x675)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>9213361
Looks rad. Love the colored sprites, wish they were on the Tama itself.
>>
>>9213365
>tfw like the colors of the white one better but don't want to miss the chance to get a transparent shell
>>
File: 81Cc2ZhJnsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (192 KB, 931x1500)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
Preorders are live across the board now. I got both colors because fuck it, they're neat.
>>
>>9213365
>>9216534
Super gay
>>
File: 91EVxUSDWrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (449 KB, 927x1500)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>9216534
And the back.
>>
>>9216548

Liking things is gay.
>>
File: 1000162031_10.jpg (188 KB, 1200x1200)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Jujutsu Kaisen Tamagotchi just announced, released December 24th. Preorders are live on Amazon Japan. No word of international release yet.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1628138830258.jpg (49 KB, 1024x576)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>9220805
Definitely getting this one. The Nobara, Gojo and Sukuna shells look the best to me.
>>
is 80 CAD the normal price point for the tama on!
>>
>>9220960
60 USD converts to 75 CAD but there's probably import costs so they round it up to 80
That's not so bad - here in australia, 60 USD converts to 80AUD but they still charge 100-110 for a pix
>>
I'm so tired of all these lazy nano releases
>>
How are the On Models? I might get one of the Magic one seeing as the Fantasy modesl are japan only.

What all can you do with them?
>>
>>9216548
this is part of why I ignore nearly all Nu star wars stuff
>>
>>9212679
Which model is that?
>>
Should I get ON or Pix? I assume ON is more fun?
>>
>>9223099
The “fantasy” meets model in Japan was partially released in the US as the “wonder garden” On (the fantasy had three unique locations including the wonder garden location, the wonder garden On only has the Wonder Garden as a unique location)
There is no US equivalent for the sweets, pastel or sanrio meets
>>
>>9223099
The Meets/On gameplay is purely focused on creating unique characters by blending the genetic traits of the characters you marry with. Compared to many other versions there’s relatively few features because all the attention is on genetic mixing. Once you get an adult the only thing left to do is marry it off.

>>9223545
It depends what you prefer - genetic mixing like described above, or “traditional” gameplay where you raise an official character. The Pix has more “meta” content, lists of things to collect and fill out over many generations (foods you cook with the camera, characters you meet, items etc). Adults get access to a career minigame which changes each day depending on what activities you do, and when they leave they can become a professional in that career with a special sprite that will show up in your raised character history.

Of the two, I prefer the Pix, but that’s because I personally don’t like mixing. The pix is good and the lists of things give it longevity, but older versions still had more depth to the gameplay so I wouldn’t call it the best one ever or anything
>>
File: wp-content.jpg (105 KB, 1280x669)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
What the difference between the Japanese ver. And English release for the nano crossovers? From what I've read it's mostly just a change in food
>>
>>9224297
Only a few Nanos have been released in both Japan and internationally. The Gudetama is functionally the same in both regions, the text is just changed to English.

The Evatchi, Demon Slayer Tamas, and the upcoming BT21 and Kamen Rider Tamas all feature their original Japanese programming and packaging, with the English instructions on Bandai's site. The Demon Slayer one uses images for its menus instead of text, so there's nothing to translate.
>>
>>9224297
R2D2 also uses images for its menus so I think the Japanese and English releases will be identical
>>
https://twitter.com/GMMan_BZFlag/status/1423722226587619328

Some interesting Vital Bracelet news.
Maybe there's a chance the same will be possible with the Tamagotchi Smart?
It would amazing to see a English patch.
>>
>>9225239
I think it's pretty likely, given enough time. It requires people to have the time to translate everything still but it does seem like arbitrary code execution will be doable
>>
File: IMG_20210807_073445.jpg (1.1 MB, 2448x3264)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
Wow that first mission was lame. Cool that the Pix tells you about it though. Also I got my 4U today. The games suck so I guess I have to get an NFC phone now.
>>
>>9226188
Wow 4 at once, I think I did that at one point as a kid but I could never handle that now
Do you remember how many care misses you had to get murachakitchi?
>>
>>9226285
No, I haven't been paying as much attention to them as I should so I'm not sure how many I got
>>
>>9226188
[spoiler]Any chance you got that 4U on eBay? I was watching it for a while. [/spoiler]

What are you running at the moment /tmgc/? Are you taking part in any group hatches? Or wanting to start one? What’s the most expensive tamagotchi on your wish list right now?
>>
>>9226806
I did! I don't really mind the dead pixels since they're just on the icons
>>
Tamagotchi Smart will be preorderable on August 26. The anniversary lottery smarts are supposed to ship out in august, so maybe it'll be the same date
>>
File: IMG_20210809_061225.jpg (1.03 MB, 2448x3264)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
I got Melodytchi
>>
>>9230258
How does raising a character on the 4U work, do they all require selecting the "blueprint" from the menu or is that just for downloadable characters?
The 4U growth charts show precise conditions for raising every built-in character, what happens if you don't meet any of those conditions?
>>
>>9230272
I'm not sure since this is my first 4U. I didn't have to select a blueprint, she just evolved on her own after a couple days.
>>
>>9230272
The conditions listed on the Wiki and growth charts are what you need to guarantee the growth of a particular character. If you don't 100% meet the conditions for any one character, it'll evolve into the one it matches the closest.
>>
>>9230258
What happened to your screen?
>>
>>9233742
I got it like that
>>
>>9180022
Is that the epic Japanese meme Pien????
>>
>>9233944
yeah, the character's based on it
>>
File: jjk.png (22 KB, 582x280)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
I know /toy/ doesn't seem to like nanos, but the JJK tama was confirmed for US release. FOMO had me preorder the Sukuna from Amazon jp, but maybe I'll get the other ones now that I won't have to pay the insane shipping fees.
>>
>>9235975
I don't necessarily dislike them, I'm just fatigued and have given up on the idea of getting all of the versions purely for the sake of collecting. Will only get ones where I really like the shell or might actually play them
>>
>>9235975
I would get a nano but I don't care about any of the franchises they've crossed over with (except eevee but that's too expensive)
>>
File: neliatchi.png (399 KB, 455x481)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
I got Neliatchi. I'm trying to get her friendship level up so I can keep her.
>>
>>9189243
Yahoo Japan if you got $500-$700+ to drop since you gotta fight against japanyouwant inflating the price. Or go to japan and travel through old rural toy stores or something.
>>
does anyone know what characters you can get on the hello kitty nano?
>>
>>9245435
https://tamagotchi.fandom.com/wiki/Hello_Kitty_Tamagotchi/Character_list
>>
>>9245899
thank you I couldn't find the link
>pochitchi
based
>>
>>9245986
He's on the Pac-Man Tama too. It's nice to see more P2 characters besides Mimitchi getting spotlight.
>>
>>9240909
I did it! But after playing all those games I think I'm a little tired of her...
>>
File: NewColors (3).jpg (572 KB, 1200x675)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
The two new shells are up for preorder on Amazon, release in October.
>>
>>9258757
the 90s one looks nice
it's just so weird how the printing is fuzzy - like it's being printed via inkjet using cmyk (plus a white backing) rather than stamp printing the exact colors like they used to do for the connections
>>
>>9259140
I'm really curious about the printing technique they're using. I like how it allows for this kind of large overlay print, but the actual print quality seems to vary wildly.
>>
File: file.png (1.31 MB, 1643x924)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>9258757
full metal shells fucking when?

All of this plastic shit is getting tired and old.
>>
>>9261034
Metal shells on a 12 dollar device are a stupid idea, especially when the point is that it can be attached to a backpack without weighing it down. The colors of Tamas wouldn't work with metal either and probably wear off.
>>
I hate to ask but does anyone have the updated version of Magic Hut?
>>
First tamagotchi on the On model, and I got the peter pan glitch, thats annoying
>>
>>9264592
yes
aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZvbGRlci9MNjVrMURwUyNSeEVqYU9Sa1pTZklvZ1UxNlJxeThB
>>
>>9265693
>Magic hut

what does this doe? Do I have to mod my tamagotchi and/or make it unable to access the app? How do you even use this code?

Does this at least let you unlock the sports area? You need 2 other On models for that and they're 50 bucks a piece
>>
They just announced a niziu edition smart, white with a rainbow faceplate. Niziu smacard with a bunch of OCs made/inspired by the niziu members, comes bundled with the special edition but also thankfully sold separately
>>
>>9266526
>Do I have to mod my tamagotchi and/or make it unable to access the app?
no, you transfer it with the mymeets app on pc
>How do you even use this code?
base64 decode
>Does this at least let you unlock the sports area?
yes
>>
File: 1000162832_7.jpg (136 KB, 1200x1200)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>9266891
If I didn't already have the anniversary edition one ordered I probably would have gone for this one
>>
>>9267383
The watch face in >>9180028 is from the anniversary smacard, so while they haven't shown the niziu smacard contents yet it's probable that the niziu watch face is from that rather than a special firmware of the device
>>
>>9267383
Did you win the lottery?
Or did you buy it from someone?
>>
>>9267494
Won the lottery via a proxy
>>
>>9267172
Does this work on the US ON models?
>>
>>9267172
>>9268994

If I use the Age potion for this, can I still use the ON app on my Ipad?
>>
>>9268999
I ask only because I have the damn peter pan glitch, I'd like to try to play as legit as possible other than unlocking the Sports festival
>>
>>9267172
>That Key
It only unlocks the areas available to your Tama version right?
>>
>>9269283
yes, it can only unlock what already exists on your device. It doesn't download new locations
>>
>>9269517
Ah so I can't get the fairy locations on the magic version then.

I want to play this legit as possible, so for now I'd use the hut to bypass the Peter Pan glitch, THEN I'd just use the regular app on Ipad until I unlock the other locations, then use the key
>>
>>9268999
yes, you'll be fine
>>
File: IMG_20210827_092733.jpg (800 KB, 2560x1920)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
I hate NFC.
>>
>>9265693
Amazing, thank you anon
>>
Are the new tamas actually worth their price tag. I had one of the originals as a kid so I'm interested in the new ones but the $70 price tag seems insane. You could get a videogame for that price.

Do they really do so much more than the original?
>>
>>9270425
There's a lot to them, I have 5 color Tamas and I haven't regretted buying any of them. You can also get most versions (except the P's and +C) for $50 or less second-hand.
>>
>>9269999

Thank you quads.

Now if If only Bandai would take a hint and distrubte this kind of item through the app as a permanent fix
>>
>>9270425
Considering inflation, the price increase isn't quite as dramatic. It's still definitely more expensive, but they have more advanced technology now (the color screen among other things) that somewhat justify the price.
Depending on the game and interest retention, you would potentially get more hours of active use out of the tamagotchi, so a comparison between the two actually doesn't look so bad
>>
File: 71Utn45PqjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (72 KB, 593x1500)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
I'm an adult man, and I am very seriously considering buying this fucking Pac-Man Tamagotchi. It's about $23 in my country – is it worth it? I haven't had a Tamagotchi since I was a child and I know nothing about it these days, but I saw this little treasure on Amazon and instantly fell in love with it.
>>
So if I'm correct on the ON versions

-Magic and Fairy was released in all versions
-Sweets, Pastel, Fantasy, and the Sanrio collab was japan only
-Wonder Garden is US exclusive, however it's more or less a Watered down version of Fantasy, with only one of it's exclusive locations.

Did I get that right? Good thing I can interact with the over versions Tamas with the app
>>
>>9271766
It's a cute little novelty that makes some pac man noises. The nanos are very low maintenance, if $23 is minor disposable income for you then there's no harm in it
>>
>>9271786
That's basically it, yeah. The Wonder Garden was probably watered down so it had the same amount of "unique" content as the magic and fairy - just the one different location, with everything else the same between them, so it doesn't get any special treatment against the other US variants
>>
>>9271859
thats just stupid, I wouldnt want to buy it
>>
>>9271871
The mix and meets are pretty unfortunate for collectors who want one of everything, since most variants don't offer enough unique to justify playing them all. The rule I try to adhere to is to not buy anything I don't intend to use, so I've stuck to getting two mixes and two meets (for the sake of connection features) and don't feel too bad about not getting every other variant. Don't even care about touching the On.
>>
>>9265693
Tried it, the hourglass didn't work, I was stuck with a Tama with the Peter Pan glitch, wasn't very far so I just ended up resetting the thing.
>>
File: wp.png (7 KB, 566x560)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
I've been transferring items to my 4U all day and it's so frustrating, it takes like 10 attempts just to transfer a bagel. I wonder if I should have just paid the 15 dollars extra for the Nexus 7 instead of the 4.
Also I've been working on a wallpaper on and off but I haven't done pixel art in a long time so it's slow going.
>>9272343
Sorry anon that sucks :(
Meets/On have so many issues, idk how they didn't fix them during development. Still like them but they could've been better
>>
>>9180022

I remember when these came out, I was in 6th grade so everyone had them. I got one and nobody else wanted to connect up with mine.

Yeah that was my first real hint about how the next 15 years of my life were gonna go.
>>
>>9273474
Tamagotchi came out before then and they didn't have connection
>>
>>9272445
I'm sad the Pastel and Sweets and Full Fantasy version didn't come overseas, I understand Sanrio due to potential licensing issues, but i'm guessing since they have more locations then the initial 3, they didn't want people to think they bough an inferior version
>>
>>9267383
Damn I much prefer this to the Anniversary edition. Don't know anything about Niziu though.

They tried to deliver mine today but I was on the toilet and couldn't pick up the package. REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9274301
Niziu are some recent Japanese attempt at a K-pop idol group. No idea if they’re widely known or just have marketing money
The name niziu is derived from niji (technically nizi in kana) which means rainbow in Japanese
>>
>>9273707

Huh. I bet they didn't really hit around there until the later versions came out.
>>
>>9275627
No, you're just a zoomer. Tama was absolutely huge in the '90s. The '00s revival was big but nowhere near the fad of the original model. Although they did have a lot of stocking issues back then.
>>
>>9271766
>10 bucks in a sale
>buy one
>they send me 2
>a yellow one and a black one
>both are special edition with the rubber pac man

Ok fine. I,ll trade one of em for an Evangelion one.
>>
Is it possible to get Kirari Hatter's hat as an accessory? The hat in the Wonder Garden shop isn't the same.
>>
>>9278208
Might need to be made custom if it's not in mymeets
>>
>>9278583
I would but it looks like custom accessories for the meets aren't possible yet
>>
>>9271766
Probably the best nano. Good games, fun gimmick, and everyone loves pac man. Pretty low maintenance and easy going. The buttons are very small though. As another adult man, I really like mine lol.
>>
>>9279140
They absolutely are. MyMeets Studio is a separate app which should come in the same download as MyMeets, you make files in studio then move the assets to MyMeets to send over to the tama. There's probably a guide in a readme
>>
>>9280317
I used Mymeets for the first time the other day, I'm so glad my PC is blue tooth compatible,

I'd try emulation for Wii too if it wasn't for the fact that apparently you need to buy an adaptor for the sensor bar.
>>
>>9280328
Dolphin emulator for wii lets you use the mouse as the wiimote, it's not ideal for every single game but is generally good enough if they're just using A and B (which are left/right click)
>>
>>9280347
So I can't do stuff like throw or play wario ware then. My Life as a king sounds interesting though

Is captain rainbow playable without a wiimote? Or does it use waggle?
>>
What Tamagochi models would you like to see a re-release for? I always wanted to try the Angel models. Shame I heard the mobile app version of angel was bad
>>
>>9280354
Never tried that game. You can simulate waggle too, I think by default it's set so scroll wheel click sends accelerometer noise
>>
>>9280355
Anything from the connection era. V1 is the most likely (international release with no website they'd have to revive or remove passwords from the firmware) which is a little unfortunate since it's also got the least features
>>
File: studio.png (24 KB, 861x502)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>9280317
It only has options for wallpapers, food, and items
>>
>>9281425
That's weird, I've seen custom accessories before. Is that definitely the latest version?
>>
>>9283600
yup
it'll probably be implemented along with custom genes once the meets app goes down, if I had to guess
>>
>>9283755
Hopefully, if it goes down it comes with the app exclusive characters and options to just "pick" the base characters.

Can you get the base version exclusive characters on the app? I kinda wanted to marry my character to one of the sanrio ones.
>>
what are the 3 other locations on the Mymeets downlodable app? I can't read japanese

also is Magic hut something that was already in the devices ore just something you download completely?
>>
>>9285066
Can you post a screenshot of the locations?
Magic hut is something you download completely, which has code to trigger actions that modify on-device data like forcing evolution, maxing out happiness or changing color
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 604x492)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>9285083

this, also didn't know that, thought magic hut would be a lot larger
>>
>>9285105
sakura viewing festival
fireworks show
magic hut
tama ski slopes
>>
what's the chance of the Tamagotchi smartwatch getting an English translation?
0%?
I don't follow vpets, but something about the smartwatch... it's the first product I've been excited for all year.
>>
File: IMG_20210903_180656~2.jpg (424 KB, 1755x2284)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
ive been considering getting one of the newer toys after following this thread for a while. i have a question though, are the screens backlit on the ON and pix? the charm of tamagotchi to me is how they feel like theres a character actually in the shell, dont ask why but a backlit screen would trigger my autism and ruin that feeling.
totally unrelated, i recently got the hello kitty crossover nano. I'm really enjoying it, the simplicity is nice and the games are fun. its a shame that all these nanos reuse the gudetama shell though, it feels way too round compared to the anniversary nano.
>>
>>9286702
Live life assuming it's 0% until proven otherwise. But, if you want to collect or gamble, Amazon Japan has preorders.
>>
>>9286757
Yes the screens are backlit, you can see the screens in the dark
>>
>>9286702
Bandai US developed the Pix at the same time the Smart was being developed by Japan. If the US wanted to release it, they wouldn't have made the Pix.
I don't expect an official english release to ever happen, but it's possible one day fans develop an english patch - although that will likely be years from now, there's nobody who can magically fast-track it since it's a pretty involved process and would just be a side project in peoples spare time
>>
>>9286757
Every color screen tamagotchi (tamagotchi plus color onwards) is backlit and the screen turns off completely when you stop using it
>>
>>9286878
>>9287585
>screen turns off when not in use
that's such a deal-breaker i didn't even consider it as a possibility. i guess the classics and nanos are more my speed anyway. thank you
>>
>>9287595
The backlight would absolutely kill the battery if it didn't do that. I'm pretty sure the greyscale tamas (the ones that have shades of grey rather than just black or white) do something similar, either turning the screen off completely or just disabling the grey shades to only show black and white
>>
>>9287642
No, the greyscale tamas are always on
>>
>>9287582
>Pix was made by Bandai US
How is it? Bandai US tends to water down some of the Sentai and Digimon toys when they release them over here. I hear On is the better one anyway
>>
>>9288767
It’s okay, it has some nice features like the number of games and the different lists of items to collect, but the gameplay is relatively basic. It has a large number of shallow activities, rather than a smaller number of more in-depth activities like the v4 or v6

The main thing is there’s no marriage, they will return to tama planet on their own after ~7 days unless you reach best friend status. And it’s very time consuming to play enough to reach best friend status. So if you’re a busy person who wants to control when you have the time to dedicate to starting a new generation, the Pix is unnecessarily stressful
>>
>p's randomly stopped turning on
Rest in P's I guess
probably gonna see if I can trade a couple music stars for a new one, it's my favorite version
>>
My white Smart is on its way. Looks like the consensus so far is that it's a great new model that's pushing Tamagotchi in a much needed direction, so I can't wait to try it out.
>>
>>9292748
What's good about it?
>>
>>9293424
>smaller and more lightweight than previous color models, closer in size to the Connections
>built-in rechargeable battery which charges very quickly and lasts a long time
>touch navigation works really well
>games are still challenging but much quicker and more rewarding
>lots of variety of food, items, living rooms, and clock faces
>characters at the child and teen stages can wear accessories now
>more fluid and expressive animation like the Pix
>lots of new ways to interact with the Tamagotchi that makes it more personal and memorable
Again, this is just from what I've heard so far, I'll try it out for myself and see if I agree. But this seems to be the general consensus.
>>
After not having looked at Tamas for years I saw the smart and got excited, but looking into it it feels less interesting than I thought from the name, I assumed it would do something smart like connect over bluetooth to a phone app so you could push your pedometer data to a phone, maybe pull down event data so they could do little accessories and foods and stuff as freebies to keep you engaged for longer and maybe have it do smartwatch style alerts e

It's just a next gen regular tama with touch controls instead of buttons, deffo seems good, just expected a bigger jump from the way it first looked.
>>
>>9296614
Yeah try one of the On/Meets models instead

>app connectivlity, allowing you to interact with other characters tamas from around the world and app exclusive characters
>Can raise a a family with traits that pass down to each child.
>Pets
>Several locations you can visit.
>Faster than normal growth rate
>Several Versions: Magic, Fairy and Wonder Garden are in English, Sweets Pastel, Fantasy and Sanrio are japanese, each model has it's own exclusive characters

Just be warned, as stated earlier, Wonder Garden is a watered down version of Fantasy.
>>
File: advert.jpg (40 KB, 457x548)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
I bought an ON a few months ago because I had fun playing with these as a kid, but I haven't used it because I can't shake the feeling that the thing is super fucking gay, even after swapping out the faceplate. I'm not exactly machoman Tom Selleck over here, but even then, there's a limit to what I can take.
Those of you who have put time into the thing, does it feel super effeminate the whole way through, or were you eventually able to filter out the whole marketed-at-tween-girls thing they went with?
>>
>>9297314
They always sell the tamagotchis near the girls toys Wal Mart and target, even the Digimon OG V-pets, I was able to get past it though

Also they originally devloped digimon to be tamagotchi for boys, and look how much that blew up
>>
>>9294921
>smaller and more lightweight than previous color models, closer in size to the Connections
Am I the only one who doesn't consider this an upgrade? I mean I love my vintage one like any collector that grew up with them does, but I prefer the grip and weight of the more egg shaped models. More comfortable to handle, more aesthetically like an egg, and somehow feels more premium in comparison to smaller models. I'm sure it's just me, but I'm going to miss the rounded shapes and mix feature the most.
>>
>>9287582
Probably depends on the reception of the Smart in Japan, and even then it will be massively delayed. They eventually developed the On after enough success with the M!x and Meets devices. The Smart in the US would be a way to start a "new" generation of devices in the US once the Pix fizzles out, without the new creativity required to do it. I wouldn't count on it but I'm not counting it out either.
>>
>>9297314
I've embraced that I like cute shit - so even though the 10's device designs are much girlier than they were when I was a kid, it doesn't bother me that much.
But it is something I mostly keep to myself, I don't bring them out in public or wear tamagotchi clothes like a brony with no self awareness
>>
>>9297458
When/if they ditch the watch gimmick they might make them a bit fatter again for the sake of making the rechargeable battery bigger. 30 hours battery life isn't great, it's only really acceptable in the context of a smartwatch-like device where it's expected you charge it every night
>>
TOMADOTCHIS IS NOT TOYS. Toys are not something with battery and screen. Those are games like video games. A Gameboy advance SP is not a toy correct? So therefore I state that tomadochi IS NOT a toy. This thread is not correct and please remove it, a mod. Ty
>>
>>9297314
>>9297531

Different anon but the only Tama related thing I have in public is the Tamagotchi forever App on my phone, and even then it's appears more neutral then the toys
>>
File: pochitchi_run.gif (17 KB, 296x222)
17 KB
17 KB GIF
>>9297541
They are toys, my guy. Don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>9297541
kill yourself
>>
>>9297541
>tomadotchis
>>
File: 30264@2x.png (13 KB, 336x300)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>9299043
>>9299371
>>9299472
>falling for obvious bait rather than shitposting back at them
embarrassing-tchi
>>
I wish the app was a bit faster, the matchmaker game espcially.

Hard to explain in words why it's slow.
>>
>>9301530
The app is definitely slow - every time you press a button it requires contacting the server before continuing, and many animations within the app itself are painfully slow as well. It's very poorly designed from a user experience perspective
>>
>>9301608
it took about 3-4 tries before I could match with someone, and the way it works means I could fail immediatly and be forced to watch the rest play out slowly

can you match with others personally over the app if you add them to your friends?
>>
>>9301613
proposing directly to other users is a thing, I don't know if you need to be friends or not - never tried it myself. They have to accept, and then you can both re-connect with your tama for the marriage to actually happen. There's a trick where you can just continually accept proposals and not reconnect with your tama, so you can let lots of people marry with yours and not actually get a baby on your device
>>
>>9301613
Don't forget a tamacan only propose once in a match so if the tama you want to marry proposes to someone else, or is one of those "wait I love this one too" you've pretty much lost and now have to wait for the whole thing to finish
>>
Who do you want to see brought back on a SmaCard?
>>
>>9308094
I want them to find a way to make a cross-functional sma/dim using oyajitchi and nanimon.
>>
File: E8UUCoMXEAEppyy.jpg (43 KB, 828x458)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>9308094
>Uwasatchi
>Shimashimatchi
>Mimitchi
and of course all the anime main characters
>>
>>9296614
This is an intro model. We'll most likely get all of these >>9296735 features from a later model in a couple years.
>>
File: 815202195457.jpg (136 KB, 631x800)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
What kind of sadistic bastard puts the health meter anywhere other than first. What a pain in the ass.

At least the space print is pretty.
>>
>>9313750
The original tamas were like that, but I agree they should've moved it for the re-releases. Every other tama and digimon vpet that came afterwards had the status screen first so they realized their mistake.
>>
>>9313801
Guess they wanted to keep true to the design of the originals. While I get that, I wish the rereleases were more along the lines of the Digimon 20th, with more characters and games and such.
>>
>>9316388
Same. I wish the re-releases had both P1 and P2 eggs and the ability to choose between them.
>>
Are P1/P2s and Nanos fun compared to colors and Connections?
>>
>>9321992
They have significantly less to do but are fine if you just want a simple pet
>>
File: 819202115257.jpg (269 KB, 596x800)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
I'm guessing this is an evo for not taking great care of him lol. I definitely slipped up a time or two and forgot all about him. Still cute tough.
>>
>>9323379
>11am
>this guy finally wakes up
Hilarious. What a lazy bastard.
>>
File: maskutchi.png (53 KB, 720x821)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>9325448
I guess it's the g2 equivalent of maskutchi? i like how maskutchi is "lazy and selfish", and this is expressed by waking up late and frequently calling you for no reason. its neat how much character they were able to give him with such a simple system
>>
>>9328656
Haha, he does cry for attention a lot. That makes me love him even more.

Maybe I'll put it on a lanyard or something next go around so that he's harder to lose.
>>
cute
>>
>>9313741
Maybe less than a couple years. The vital bracelet got a slight upgrade in like 6 months, but people managed to hack those upgrades in to the old models
>>
File: FAQjVP_UYAcShlx-orig.jpg (1.12 MB, 1682x2048)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Jesus, wasn't expecting the scaping on the BT21 Nanos to get this wild so quickly. Hopefully it won't devolve into another Eevee situation.
>>
>>9339882
jfc, BTS fans are on a whole other level of scalping cancer
why would they stock up on the worse shell anyway?
>>
File: IMG_20210926_215706.jpg (2.36 MB, 2448x3264)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
Bump
I'm trying to get all the Tamatomos on iD L, P's, and 4U right now. Usually I just raise one character for a few weeks so this will be a fun change of pace.
>>
File: newlanyards.jpg (557 KB, 1500x750)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
Bandai really went all-in on promoting the Smart as a wrist-worn smartwatch device, and then made lanyards anyway.
>>
>>9349174
neat seeing additional poses for the new characters at least, like that side view of gaogaltchi
>>
>>9321992
I dont know about P1/P2s but no for Nanos. They're fucking boring. Its a completely pointless device that dies at the same time whether you actually take care of it or not.
>>
>>9349755
>dies at the same time whether you actually take care of it or not.
Not all nanos have "good ends" like that, some just live forever so the only way to get a new character is to let it die or just reset it. I'd prefer good ends to that honestly
>>
>>9349910
Some Nanos also have set lifespans, so they'll leave after a certain amount of time regardless of how well you care for it.
>>
File: IMG_20211004_160212.jpg (2.07 MB, 2448x3264)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
Bump
What are you running anons?
>>
>>9358218
Still just my Smart but it's at the point of starting to feel a bit like a chore
the fact you have to tap and hold for half a second then wait for screen to fade out and in several times to do any menu action is actually a huge UX downgrade and actively makes me feel like not feeding it etc because of how annoyingly long it takes
but it's also so new and there's things to discover so I don't want to put it in storage yet
>>
>>9358557
>actively makes me feel like not feeding it etc because of how annoyingly long it takes
is it better or worse than the on/meets lag to you?
>>
>>9360116
Worse, definitely. I didn't use my Meets much, but the lag that it had is still a better experience than "wait half a second so it knows you meant to press it" "wait another second for it to fade out the previous screen and fade in the next screen"
plus lots of animations eg feeding don't let you skip them. Text you can skip (it doesn't make you wait half a second for those taps) but there's a whole bunch you can't
>>
>>9360659
>you can't skip the feeding animation
wtf that's awful
I guess on the bright side it's on your wrist so you don't have to hold it while you wait?
>>
>>9358218
Recently got the p1. its comfy, the sounds are super loud though, and it beeps any time you press a button. i have to turn off the sound whenever i actually use it, then turn it back on so i can hear it call me.

>>9360116
ive been considering getting either the on or the pix. i never heard anything about lag, is it bad? is the pix any better?
>>
>>9361222
To be fair though, the eating animation is also FASTER than the On/Meets animation.
I've been using my Smart for about two weeks now, it's quickly become my favorite color model.
>>
>>9362148
The On lag is pretty bad, Pix is better but then you have the touch buttons to deal with. They're pretty different versions so which one is better depends on what you like.
I think the On has more content (plus lots of custom content) but the Pix feels like less of a chore to run. I also don't really like gene mixing but some people love it.
>>9362275
I'm glad you like it. Everything I've seen about it has been pretty positive, I hope I like mine when it comes next month.
>>
>>9361222
I don’t put it on my wrist, that’s just begging for the white plastic to get stained yellow with sweat
>>
>>9362275
>the eating animation is also FASTER than the On/Meets animation
Is it though? It's still the half second per frame, 3 sprites for the food being eaten with an open/close per food stage. Unless I'm forgetting something and the meets made the animation longer (not including fav/disliked foods, where the smart did reduce those food anims)?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.