[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3458093452345.jpg (5 KB, 275x183)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
Those of you who enjoy watching toy YouTubers, what do you feel is missing? A lot of them seem to follow very similar formulas where they go over the figure's size, articulation, paint apps, maybe some likes/dislikes, posing the figure, some photography with maybe some diorama shots. What do you not like seeing and what would you like to see more of? Is there anything not being done that you'd like to see?
>>
>>9172804
No more toy youtuber posts. Reviews are a neccesary evil, but its no help when its someone who knows nothing about the property reviewing an entire wave of figures.

All the good toy content is retrospectives.

Don't forget to sage
>>
>>9173063

I don't really see them as reviews, it's just a good way for me to get a look at the figure without actually owning it. I don't need someone to tell me they think it's a 6 or 9, I can see for myself and come up with my own opinion on it. That's why I like people like D Amazing who basically just show the figures in different poses with cool backdrops.
>>
File: 1621924012144.png (799 KB, 896x685)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
What's wrong with toytubers? Most of the ones I've seen are pretty chill. Why does this place hate them? Is it toy envy?
>>
americans have massive egos and need constant appraisal for playing with children's toys
>>
>>9176209
Because most mentions of them don't focus on the reviews of the toys but about the opinions, preferences, or mannerisms of the reviewer and whether or not they're shills or cucks or whatever. Zoomers also think that everyone cares about eceleb bullshit as much as they do. Frankly I think any mention of YouTubers on this board outside of posting a review should get you banned the same way mentioning a certain customizer used to.
>>
>>9176606

ToyTubers are e-celebs now? A niche hobby where some of the most well known YouTubers still have less than 100k subs? Shartimus is the only one that could come close to being considered an e-celeb and even that's pushing it. Just because someone makes YouTube videos doesn't make them an e-celeb, most people don't know who the fuck these people are besides us. That's why I enjoy them, because most of them do this stuff because they enjoy it, not because it's lucrative.
>>
>>9172804
>A lot of them seem to follow very similar formulas where they go over the figure's size, articulation, paint apps, maybe some likes/dislikes, posing the figure, some photography with maybe some diorama shots.

What else do you need? Is a toy review the toy itself is the important thing not the reviewer.
>>
>>9176700
Thew is a lefty piece of shit and didn't want to own a third party skywarp because of a dumb german word on the packaging.
>>
>>9172804
I don't follow toy Youtubers but I do watch voice actor Yuichi Nakamura's toy videos where he plays with toys while talking about shit like how he told Shoji Kawamori that the VF-1 is the only good Valkyrie design in Macross and that's why Alto got a bad ending in the Frontier movie.
>>
File: 19564253_222.jpg (131 KB, 1628x664)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
WTF?????????
>>
we need more fun reviewers like thew.

toy galaxy is interesting, but not really a figure reviewer.

give us fun perspectives on stuff we don't remember, or used to have, don't just talk about the hot new unreleased stuff only.

unreleased stuff can get the articulation break downs, but jobby is the closest we have to a thew for anything not transformer, and he's got a different vibe, I want a Santa has fun too vibe, not the typical vibe of the whiny fan or "serious reviewer"
>>
>>9177156
Incredibly based. What's his channel?
>>
>>9177358
thew is a lefty cuck
toy galaxy is a sjw tard
>>
>>9177984
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCReBAqqC-hc9d70gOftfitg
>>
File: 1593492267314.jpg (19 KB, 236x283)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>9178102
Thanks fren
>>
>>9177996

You honestly sound like a loser. I can actually smell this comment.
>>
>>9172804
>what would you like to see more of
I wish there was a niche for short, to the point technical showcases that skip all the stupid blabbering and narration but of course reviewers gotta make money and you can't do that on YT without a ZaNy peRsONaLiTY
>>
File: gunsick.jpg (54 KB, 591x259)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>9178193
>>
>>9172804
I wish RetroBlasting would let go of his slander campaign against NECA
>>
>>9178352
as retroblasting put it, the fans do the best work. randy is clearly not a fan
>>
File: 1618005493782.jpg (187 KB, 640x626)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>9178333

>Make a simple comment about gun issues in the US
>"REEE what a fucking SJW leftoid!"

Jesus Christ, who cares? I don't even know who this guy is. I don't even watch Toy Galaxy. If you don't like this guy you know there's like 30 other ToyTubers available, right? If you get triggered this easily by such a lukewarm comment about gun politics you're a pussy. I own guns and love shooting guns but I'm not in denial that there's obvious gun issues in this country. Imagine being this obsessed about someone because they have a differing opinion, lol. You're such a fag.
>>
>>9178651
jobby doesnt say stupid shit on his twitter he is based and redpilled like anthony's custom who follow's peterson's book twelve rules for life.
>>
>>9178333
And yet they are still living in America despite the risk or being shot. Imagine that.
>>
>>9172804
most of them are bloodthirsty adrev dependant grifters that try to ride their autistic audience for as much as they can, like toy galaxy, has walmart sponsorships, ad rev, patreon, and mail-in handouts, like the dude is well compensated, yet they still give him handouts like he can't just afford the shit himself
>>
>>9172804
i just watch with the sound off. im seeing what i need.
>>
>>9176606
Fuck off, puritan. Showing off your toys is one of the joys of collecting and that's what reviews are, sharing your collection. Go play in your basement if you want to play alone.
>>
File: 1552958237663.png (1.05 MB, 750x1334)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
Thew and Vangelus were the only reviewers that actually made videos both informative and actually fun to watch. I can watch god knows how many autistic weirdos show off articulation with their disgusting fat fingers, or I can watch a photo review and get the same info in a tenth of the time. Everyone on the site is either too autistic and weird to be anything but boring such as a Peaugh, or they're aggressively fucking annoying and meme-y try hard like Jobby, and are physically painful to watch.
The problem is now both of the dudes who were both actually charismatic and funny naturally as well as informative either don't make videos anymore in Vangelus' case, or became a hollow self-parody of depression like Thew did.

Like actually why not just go look at Kumastyle or someone who does high quality written and photo reviews instead of watching these uninteresting weirdos for 20 minutes.
>>
>>9172804
I prefer the review to be dry, boring, and concise. I don't need you dressed in some faggot-ass costume, mask, """"comedy sketches"""" that are more cringe than funny. Write a script, stop the sidebar conversation shit I don't give a fuck about YOU I care about the figure you're reviewing.
You don't need to be in the fucking shot either, I don't need to see you to review a fucking toy.
>>
>>9178333
Wish he was among the dead
>>
>>9179778
Based
Also I would like to add that the only time articulations should even be mentioned is if its gendered or weird. So tired of the usual rundown if we all know how it is now.
>>
>>9183041
Im sure he does too with the way he has been acting of late
>>
>>9172804
Anyone else just like photos and reading reviews? It's faster for me and I can just scan into what Im really curious about
>>
>>9172804
Playing with toys like autists.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.