[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dcx.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
What's the best line to collect? With DBZ and Marvel, it's pretty simple. But I'm not sure about DC. Also, why don't they seem to be as popular?
>>
>>9162098
You can either go the McFarlane route which is relatively cheap but in a somewhat weird scale of 7" and at the mercy of whatever Todd wants to make character wise or the import route where you have a lot more options but are looking at nearly 100 per figure without even talking about the price you'll have to pay on the aftermarket for figures that have already released.
>>
>>9162098
So, I think the big question is what scale you already collect and if you care about new figures matching. If you collect like Marvel Selects, then McFarlane's line will scale well with those. HIs stuff is... fine. Some winners and some meh figures.

For 6ish" scale, you don't really have a ton of current options. As the poster above mentioned, imports are an option. And they'll look great. But they're going to be expensive as fuck compared to other options.

There's also the old DC Universe Classics line. It's got a huge array of characters, but a huge amount of body-sharing. Like, people shit on Hasbro, but holy shit it's bad in this line. The articulation is also dated with lots of single elbows and knees. The line is long since ended, so e-bay will be your go-to, but there's some decent figures in there for sure.
>>
File: DC Icons Nightwing07.jpg (141 KB, 1031x800)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
DC Icons is best if you want 6" comic book figures, with mostly faitful sculpts.
There's imports, but selection is really limited and it's mostly just ugly movie designs.
Mezco also makes 6" figures, but their designs aren't comic accurate.

There's the DCUC line by Mattel, but it's oversized 6" because they reused the superman mold for nearly everyone and had outdated articulation even back in 2006.

McFarlane is good if you want 7" figures and mostly good comic book sculpts.
There's also DC Collectibles/DC Direct, which mostly made 7" scale figures. Most authentic comic book designs in the industry, but articulation can be limited. You'll want to look up reviews for every figure to see if it has what you want.
>>
>>9162218
>DC Icons is best if you want 6" comic book figures, with mostly faitful sculpts.
For the most part I'll agree with this. Some of their first few figures were a little short but they corrected them later on. Most of my Justice League consists of Icons except for Batman and Superman, the Mafex versions are pretty damn amazing. Only issue is the character selection for Icons can be a tad limited and what desirable characters they did do go for stupid prices on the secondary market. You can find stuff like the JL for a more reasonable price but forget about it if you want Nightwing or the Super Sons two pack.

>There's imports, but selection is really limited and it's mostly just ugly movie designs.
Mafex is doing comic designs. They just announced a classic Harley Quinn.

>McFarlane is good if you want 7" figures and mostly good comic book sculpts.
Don't forget about the hit and miss articulation. Some figures are fine but others may as well be statues. The new King Shark for example is basically a brick.
>>
File: dcc icons scale.jpg (240 KB, 1024x673)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>9162272
>Some of their first few figures were a little short but they corrected them later on.
Only Batman.
Everyone else was fine.

>Don't forget about the hit and miss articulation
They're pretty standard on articulation. Like with most western figures that value quality sculpts above all else, it depends on the body and design if that articulation will be impeded or not.

>Mafex is doing comic designs
Pretty limited considering it's a single company and they release like 2 figures a year. Same with the other companies, but mostly focus on movie shit.
>>
>>9162277
>Only Batman.
Superman was too. But like I said they corrected them later. The Rebirth versions were fine.

>They're pretty standard on articulation.
On the articulation scheme sure, but it means fuck all when their range of motion is hindered because "muh sculpt". That's the biggest issue with the aforementioned King Shark. He has zero range.

>Pretty limited considering it's a single company and they release like 2 figures a year.
I won't argue that their release schedule is absolute dogshit but they release more than that. But yeah the constant delays are frustrating.

>Same with the other companies, but mostly focus on movie shit.
Like it or not, the films are the faces of these characters. I'd argue that's been the case since Batman 89. Most normies think of the movie before they think of the comics. I can't tell you how many times my normies friends were surprised that a movie was based on a comic. It's just the way it is.
>>
File: icons scale comp.png (384 KB, 798x503)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>9162285
How do you manage to talk out of your ass so much?

BTW, you're the guy from yesterday who claimed that Mattel stopped making DC toys after 2018, right?
>>
>>9162300
What are you talking about? No, I'm not that guy.

What exactly am I talking out of my ass about? That Mcfarlane figures can sometimes have a limited range of movement? That Mafex releases more than 2 comic figures a year despite their shit release schedule? Or that most normies view the movies as definitive version of characters? You could at least present an argument instead of getting mad and assuming I'm someone else you've been apparently feuding with.
>>
>>9162277
>Pretty limited considering it's a single company and they release like 2 figures a year.
Just counting last year and this one they've released
>Hush bats blue and black
>Hush supes
>Hush Catwoman
>TDKR bats blue and black
>TDKR joker
And have
>TDKR supes
>TDKR armored bats
>Knightfall Azrael
>Hush joker
>Hush hush
>Black suit supes
For pre orders, obviously mafex and their pre orders are a bit of a running joke but considering they also have other IP's they're also putting out figures for that's a pretty significant list.
>>9162300
Oh you're the retard that shit up the halo thread, shit here I thought the anons screaming subjectanon over and over were being a bit schizo but you really are a single retard shitting up the board.
>>
>>9162305
Oh it's subjectanon? Didn't realize immediately. I guess that's why he can't come with a counter argument. I do think it's funny that he thinks it's only one person that argues with him.
>>
>>9162312
Seems that way, I wasn't of convinced of the man and the myth yesterday seeing him in the halo thread but considering he brought it up without provocation and is shitting up another thread it must be. I've been made a believer.
>>
>>9162315
I'm an oldfag and he's been doing this for literal years. He's pretty easy to recognize, I should've realized who it was before replying.
>>
>>9162305
Not him but you're crazy if you ever think you'll get a full on line from Mafex. Variants of popular characters only. So in the grandscheme you are limited unless you really want 15 variations of Batman. They mesh well with Icons, though.
>>
>>9162322
The hush line is filling out pretty well from what I've seen, it's been a while since I read hush and I don't know if I would expect them to do a character like the penguin or something but as it stands now for a company that isn't even really doing exclusively DC the hush lineup has a good amount of characters specially considering they've been at it for about a year or so.
>>
>>9162322
Nice goalpost movement you mong. And it seems they're releasing a pretty full lineup of X-Men. They just teased a Cyborg Superman and have a fucking JPV Batman. Those are some pretty deep cuts honestly.

>Variants of popular characters only. So in the grandscheme you are limited unless you really want 15 variations of Batman.
You know you're describing Mcfarlane right?
>>
newfag here why is he called subjectanon?
>>
File: justice league mattel.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>9162303
i like how you ignore the picture that shows how full of shit you are.

But you're also wrong about how movies are seen as the "definitive" version, especially since the movies garner so much hate and derision.
Even with the most popular movies, their designs are forgotten about less than a year later and only the most iconic designs keep on being sold and starring in cartoons and tv shows.

There's a reason why toys marketed and sold to kids continue selling out when they use most any comic book designs. Whereas movie shit? bomba.

You'd have a point if we were talking about Marvel stuff though, since most of what's popular are C and B-listers in the comics. Most people barely had an idea of who those characters were until the 00 movies started coming out.
Superman and Batman? Their designs have been almost unchanged in over 50 years. This is why their costumes are still based on those iconic comic designs.
But even the B and C listers are based on those designs as well, which shows how they don't want to change them too much. They know they still need to keep the characters recognizable.

btw, don't you think it's funny that only the movies seem to want to change the designs? All other media continues just using the comic designs.
>>
File: DCUC03.jpg (319 KB, 1024x440)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>9162305
your list only proves how limited their releases are.

In a single year, a company like Mattel or Hasbro can release around 50 figures. A single wave that's released every couple of months pretty much amounts to a single year for Mafex and most collector companies.
>>
>>9162098
As a former DC collector, just go with the Japanese stuff, Todd is a retard and the lines before him were weird too, Revo+SHF+ some MAFEX figures like the TDKR collection and you'll have a relatively good display, some Icons like Cheetah are must have but again just a few ones
>>
>>9162348
Oh gee the major companies shitting out mass market 20 dollar figures are able to shit out more figures than the Japanese niche brand company putting out 100 dollar figures, who woulda thought.
>>
>>9162338
>But you're also wrong about how movies are seen as the "definitive" version, especially since the movies garner so much hate and derision.
>Even with the most popular movies, their designs are forgotten about less than a year later and only the most iconic designs keep on being sold and starring in cartoons and tv shows.
I guess you haven't been paying attention to Marvel for the past decade. But yeah my guy, in the eye of normies, the movies, especially the MCU, are the go to versions for most people.

>Superman and Batman? Their designs have been almost unchanged in over 50 years. This is why their costumes are still based on those iconic comic designs.
The more popular versions of Batman weren't really based on comic designs (Keaton and Bale). You're right about Superman though. It's almost sacrilegious to take away his trunks.

>But even the B and C listers are based on those designs as well, which shows how they don't want to change them too much. They know they still need to keep the characters recognizable.
I mean that's the case with all of these characters, even MCU designs. They still evoke the characters comic design to keep them iconic, sure. But when you ask any random person who they picture Iron Man as, they're gonna say RDJ. Batman, they'll picture Bale or Keaton. Superman, Reeves or maybe even one of the umpteenth TV Supermen. Most normies don't have enough exposure to actual comics like they do movies. It's just the way it is. I think it has to do with the fact most people don't like to read for whatever reason.

>btw, don't you think it's funny that only the movies seem to want to change the designs? All other media continues just using the comic designs.
I take it you haven't played any of the recent Injustice games or watched any of the CW TV shows. They're about as much if a departure from the comic designs as the movie ones are.
>>
>>9162354
What?

I made a claim that selection is limited and some guy wanted to claim otherwise, but he only proved my claim.

Why argue or get upset if you know you're wrong? Pretty dumb to act so snippy over this shit.
>>
>>9162364
You didn't claim limited, you claimed 2 a year which is entirely false and then bitched that a company that dwarfs another's size and plays in a market extremely different from the others could put out more figures in the same time despite that meaning fuck all in terms of whether or not the selection is limited and especially about the claim that the company only puts out 2 figures a year.
>>
>>9162364
>I made a claim that selection is limited and some guy wanted to claim otherwise, but he only proved my claim.
You said they released two figures a year. He pointed out that you're wrong. He also pointed out they put out figures from multiple licenses. Now you're moving the goalposts to they don't release as many figures as $20 western figures.

>Why argue or get upset if you know you're wrong? Pretty dumb to act so snippy over this shit.
Ask yourself these questions.
>>
>>9162361
>CW tv shows
god, the first supes costume was fucking awful, glad they figure it out for his show with Lois
>>
>>9162098
Sorry OP, your thread got derailed by one of the boards resident retards. May as well just delete this thread and start over.
>>
>>9162387
I mean he got his answer more or less, his options are limited but they boil down to chase down icons, McFarlane or imports.
>>
File: green arrow costumes.png (822 KB, 989x478)
822 KB
822 KB PNG
>>9162361
>all sorts of wrong, arguing just to argue.
I also like how your first response is so unaware of the fact that i mentioned Marvel's more famous current characters being more known from their movies, since they had previously been B and C-lister comic book characters.

>The more popular versions of Batman weren't really based on comic designs (Keaton and Bale).
Yeah, nah. Again, how much merch is being sold from these? How much are they appearing in the media? Next to zero. They get like one mention every year or two and like a single figure in a decade.
To argue that those designs are more iconic or recognizable than stuff that is consistently put out there every single year is like telling me the world is flat.

And now that Captain America is oldman and Iron Man is dead, shit will probably revert back to comics leading the way again. Who had always been based on the comic designs anyway, albeit significantly less than cartoon or former movie designs.

>CW TV shows. They're about as much if a departure from the comic designs as the movie ones are.
Wat? Most cartoon and TV show costumes add the stupid basketball texture and a bit of straps, but it's almost always wholly lifted from the comics. More faithful than movies.
Whole lotta ass talking.

And i really can't talk about video game designs, but from what little i pay attention it's more of a mixed bag than cartoons are.
>>
>>9162399
>holy fuck, stop arguing with me and making shit up just because you're angry that you don't like the facts
no u
>>
>>9162373
>>9162379
holy fuck, stop arguing with me and making shit up just because you're angry that you don't like the facts
>>9162277
>>9162218
>but selection is really limited

>ib4 autistic literalness and not understanding "like" means because you need to continue bitching like the autists you are
fuck off and eat your own shit like the good mongs your moms raised you to be.
>>
>>9162405
Christ no wonder you're so hated on this board, like I said I thought shit said about you was overblown but you really do just ruin entire threads with your autistic shit.
>>
>>9162411
yeah, i get a lot of butthurt autists obsessing over me, making contrarian statements to just argue as much as possible, because im mean to their stupidity and ignorance.
>>
>>9162332
Well yes, thats why I don't go for McFarlane mostly. I buy icons and MAfex and round it out with some Mezco and DCUC and a select few McFarlane. Mainly monsters or big characters for the later.
>>
>>9162419
I wouldn't say it's an obsession but more of recognition, the people calling you subjectanon don't seem obsessed with you but more just tired of you.
>>
>>9162419
Gonna try and turn this into another victim complex sob-filled post about how everyone here is just so mean to you? If you feel so persecuted why not just leave? How many threads are you going to shit up this week? I mean shit, you're basically asking for people to dogpile on you by trying to bring up past fights from completely different threads out of nowhere.

It's almost like you want us to argue with you.
>>
File: 1626280801462.jpg (1.23 MB, 2048x2048)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>9162393
>I also like how your first response is so unaware of the fact that i mentioned Marvel's more famous current characters being more known from their movies, since they had previously been B and C-lister comic book characters.
So... Are you agreeing with me then?

>Again, how much merch is being sold from these?
Keaton Batman is seeing a resurgence in popularity, getting a SHF last year and a Mezco (maybe) this year. This is in part thanks to his supposed appearence in the new Flash MOVIE.

>And now that Captain America is oldman and Iron Man is dead, shit will probably revert back to comics leading the way again.
Except how Iron Man in the comics is basically RDJ now. He's not reverting back to his classic design outside of homages here and there any time soon.

>Wat? Most cartoon and TV show costumes add the stupid basketball texture and a bit of straps, but it's almost always wholly lifted from the comics. More faithful than movies.
Are you kidding? Left is from a currently airing CW show.
>>
>>9162098
just get revo harley and skip everything else
>>
File: superman dc nation.jpg (179 KB, 880x660)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>9162436
>>9162461
>no pretext of argument after being shown they're full of shit and uncovered as just being contrarians because of butthurt
no shit?

>>9162481
>So... Are you agreeing with me then?
Other way around, unless you think time works backwards?
>Keaton Batman is seeing a resurgence in popularity
Wowee, a whole 5 appaerances after 30 years of being forgotten, and you think that makes it the most mainstream or popular with the public? Fuck off, retard.
>Except how Iron Man in the comics is basically RDJ now.
Yes, right now, when marvel movies have been put on hold and almost nothing had come out because of the corona. Ask again in 1 or 2 years and we'll see if shit is forgotten about like shit is always forgotten about because normies have short attention spans.
>Are you kidding?
Are you? Nah, I'm just being facetious. i know you're retarded
>different colors
>different S
>different shield
>different belt
>ribbing designs completely different
The only similiarity is the fact that they're both based on Jim Lee's redesign from when they were afraid they were going to lose the rights and that it has the Sam Riami Spiderman basketball texture everywhere that has become the norm. the Tv design is closer to the comic design than it is to the synder shit.
BTW, here's what the current design is. Still based on the Jim Lee redesign.
>>
>>9162622
>The only similiarity is the fact that they're both based on Jim Lee's redesign from when they were afraid they were going to lose the rights and that it has the Sam Riami Spiderman basketball texture everywhere that has become the norm. the Tv design is closer to the comic design than it is to the synder shit.
I never said they were similar to one another. Just that they're both are a departure from the comic design. You tried to claim the TV shows were somehow less of a departure from the comic. I'm just showing you you're wrong.

>BTW, here's what the current design is. Still based on the Jim Lee redesign.
That's Jon Kent. Clark's son. Ckark at the momet is wearing his classic costume. What does this have to do with what other media depicts?
>>
File: Jae-Lee-Superman.jpg (65 KB, 640x414)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>9162633
>Just that they're both are a departure from the comic design.
>taking all the queues from Jim Lee's Superman
ok retard.
>You tried to claim the TV shows were somehow less of a departure
brighter, with the more traditional colors. The belt is intact. There's a more traditional pattern of the "armor" for the costume.
Yes, that literally means it's closer to the jim lee design. Whereas the movie leaves various parts "open", as seen with the belt and chest/abdomen. Arms and legs have all that arm reinforcement type things tho.
... but this is ridiculous, because all these little elements are taken and done to remind us of the Superman 1979 design which was basially just the 1960s design which was taken from the 1940s designs.

Notice this pattern that it ALL COMES FROM THE COMICS? Again, go look at every little piece of media and merch and it will overwhelmingly not be based on the movies, because everything is literally based on the comics.

stop being a fucking retard who needs to ignore the vast majority of EVERYTHING, just because you like the awful DC movies.
>That's Jon Kent. Clark's son.
same difference. You think this is the first time DC has changed the mantle role with another character? Anyway, it's based on Jim Lee's redesign and they'er calling him Superman.
>Ckark at the momet is wearing his classic costume
i haven't kept track of that lawsuit, but did DC win it and why it's returning or is this just a temporary thing?
>>
>>9162481
Stop being a fucking autist, you always use the same images
Also Iron Man is back to being not RDJ you stupid fuck, go read his current book and stop talking out of your ass
>>
Comic books are dumb.
>>
>>9162701
>>taking all the queues from Jim Lee's Superman
>ok retard.
Never said they didn't. Just saying they're equally as different from the comic design. The movie suit is no more different than the TV suit, which was my original point. Why is this so hard?

>Notice this pattern that it ALL COMES FROM THE COMICS?
That was never in dispute. Just that most people tend to view the movies as the more memorable looks since they have more exposure to them than the comics.

>Again, go look at every little piece of media and merch and it will overwhelmingly not be based on the movies, because everything is literally based on the comics.
No shit? Once again not what I tried to claim. Just that more normies recognize think of the movie versions than the comic ones.
Why are you being so pedantic about this?

>same difference. You think this is the first time DC has changed the mantle role with another character? Anyway, it's based on Jim Lee's redesign and they'er calling him Superman.
And? For someone who claims to have such a depth of knowledge about comics, you sure don't have a clue about what's currently going on. I get that most modern comics are shot but you could at least pay a passing attention to it if you're going to pretend to be some comic guru.

>i haven't kept track of that lawsuit, but did DC win it and why it's returning or is this just a temporary thing?
He's been wearing the classic suit for like what? 2 years now? Since whenever Bendis took over. Seriously, at least pretend to pay attention if you're going to be such a faggot about this shit.
>>
>>9162728
I literally just made that image for just this thread but ok.

>>9162701
Also I just looked it up. He's been back in the classic suit for more than three years. Action Comics 1000 came out in April 2018.
>>
>>9162942
>Never said they didn't.
LOL
>they're both are a departure from the comic design.
Which is it, you fucking retard? Either it's a departure or it's taking queues from Jim Lee's design.

>Just that more normies recognize think of the movie versions than the comic ones.
This isn't true at all.
Do you even notice that we're on /toy/, where the majority of the talk are comic book toys and not their movie versions?
ALL that merch out there, guess what most of it is based on?
Not the movies.
This shit is 24/7/365/1933-2021AD
Movie shit is for a couple of months out of the year, where it usually joins the REST of this crap.

Anyway, the point I'm making about live action designs is the very fact that even THEY follow the comic designs, because THAT'S what's iconic and what the public knows most.
You're putting the cart before teh horse, likely because you're also a moviecasual ontop of being a retard.

>He's been back in the classic suit for more than three years. Action Comics 1000 came out in April 2018.
That long? I want to say i can't believe nothing has interested me that long ot make me pay attention, but nu52 bullshit has been around since 2011 and the only thing i regularly bought since then was All STar Western. DC comics has been a shithouse for way too long.
>>
>>9163114
>Which is it, you fucking retard? Either it's a departure or it's taking queues from Jim Lee's design.
I mean I originally thought we were talking about the classic design but if you're moving the goalposts to they're based on the New52 look, I mean in some respects you're right. But they both still differ in enough ways to say they're both equally as different I'm than the source material.

>Anyway, the point I'm making about live action designs is the very fact that even THEY follow the comic designs, because THAT'S what's iconic and what the public knows most.
No one disputed that the movie designs don't take influence from the comics. I'm just staying that more people are exposed to movies nowadays than the actual comics. Cry about it all you like, it won't change anything.

>You're putting the cart before teh horse, likely because you're also a moviecasual ontop of being a retard.
Lol. It seems like I'm more privy to the going ons of comics than you are since I ya know, read them still. At least decent ones, really not much is worth reading at DC right now. Infinite Frontier was kinda interesting this week but we'll see where it goes. Marvel has a few more books worth reading but not many. Kinda funny you call me a movie casual yet you apparently missed Action Comics 1000.

>That long? I want to say i can't believe nothing has interested me that long ot make me pay attention, but nu52 bullshit has been around since 2011 and the only thing i regularly bought since then was All STar Western. DC comics has been a shithouse for way too long.
Dude 2011 was a decade ago. I get that modern comics aren't good but acting like you are some bastion of knowledge on them while not paying attention to them for a fucking decade makes you come off as a tryhard faggot. Absolutely ironic you try and put down peoplemhy calling them movie casuals yet haven't read a comic in apparently a decade.
>>
lolmsubby doesn't
>buy new toys
>read comics
>watch movies
>play vidya

He probably thinks he's too good to read books or play traditional games too. Like seriously dude, why are you even here if you hate everything?
>>
File: mcfarlane azrael wave.jpg (117 KB, 720x540)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>9163146
>I mean I originally thought we were talking about the classic design but if you're moving the goalposts to they're based on the New52 look
who the fuck do you think you're trying to fool?
I've made mention of Jim Lee's design a dozen times now and have been general about comic designs since nearly the beginning >>9162338

Your entire schtick is as bad as that retard from yesterday who claimed Mattel stopped making DC toys after 2018, so either you're him, or we have two massive retards on /toy/

>I'm just staying that more people are exposed to movies nowadays than the actual comics.
>actual comics
Is this your way out? Even i don't read their modern comics, but i sure as fuck still continue buying their toys, watch their cartoons, and recognize new designs/characters/stories. You don't have to read their comics or even watch their cartoons to still be bombarded by their characters, because they're literally everywhere.
This is why shit like this sold, despite very few people reading these comics AND despite the DC movies being shat on by nearly everyone. You refuse to understand because you have your little idea stuck in your head like the retarded kid from yesterday.

If what you think is true, 95% of the products (not just toys, but candies, cartoons, ice creams, umbrellas, underwear, headphones, etc etc) being released wouldn't be based on the comic designs. It would be based on the movie shit.
This is clearly untrue given the fact of how little attention is even given to Burton's and 00s Batman, which you thought was some lynchpin. Again, if what you think is true, then all the negativity toward Synder's movies would have brought the rest of DC down too.

>tryhard faggot
Where have i claimed to be some fount of knowledge about modern DC comics? literally nowhere. Instead of nitpicking imaginary claims, how about owning up to how full of shit you were about the DC Icons you were completely wrong about? Fucking hypocritical retard.
>>
>>9163546
>Where have i claimed to be some fount of knowledge about modern DC comics?
Seemingly whenever you fucking post.
>>
>>9163673
quote anything i've said from this thread showing that or you're full of shit.

Everything I've talked about is shit that appears in the news as a blurb, summary, or got posted on /co/, which i really wouldn't be able to repeat in any good detail (and i haven't) because of how disinteresting modern DC is.
Like i said, the only thing i had regularly bought from modern DC is just All Star Western, which got canceled after only a few short years into nu52.
Depending on how hard your cognitive dissonance is working, you'll find some of my photos showing trades i've bought of modern dC comics, but like i said, i didn't regularly buy any of those. All of it is just stuff to dip my toe and see if it is good or not.

Do note i said "modern DC" (first mention here >9163546 and insinuated in my post before that by my saying only a single series kept my attention since nu52 started) because i have no problem supporting older comics from DC by buying new trades of those storylines (also seen in said photos). DC used to have amazingly great series and storylines.
>>
>>9164247
Not him, but I think it mostly has to do with how you basically put down people for not reading comics while you yourself haven't read comics in like 10 years evidently. Just kind of ironic that you're calling people "moviecasuals" whatever that means.
>>
>>9162098
Man, how did a thread of a guy asking for DC toys become another SubAnon sperg?
>>
>>9164247
>quote anything i've said from this thread showing that or you're full of shit.
When you call people moviecasuals yet haven't read a comic in ten years. How can anyone take you seriously?

>Everything I've talked about is shit that appears in the news as a blurb, summary, or got posted on /co/,
So you're a casual? Absolutely hilarious that you're a casual reader trying to shit on people who casually read comics.

>Depending on how hard your cognitive dissonance is working, you'll find some of my photos showing trades i've bought of modern dC comics
Except you don't post photos of your stuff. You just post the same handful of images from you /toy/ folder over and over.

>>9164260
It's this.
>>
It's weird that the guy who loves DC Icons never posts them in pictures with other 6 inch lines, in spite of incredibly fervently arguing that they look right at home next to the Avengers because they're just as big.
>>
>>9164552
It's because he doesn't actually own any.
>>
>>9162098
>asking total strangers what you should collect
I will never fucking understand this. Be passionate enough to choose what you collect for yourself, or don't waste your fucking money on plastic you have no personal interest in.
>>
>>9164260
>>9164540
>When you call people moviecasuals yet haven't read a comic in ten years
always amazes me how you guys can't read, but i guess this is why you gets get outraged over the dumbshit, huh?

I said i don't read modern DC comics and that i haven't regularly bought any comic since 2011 except for All Star Western. This literally means just that. I still buy comics, including DC shit, just nothing modern from DC. I still buy modern comics.
>>
>>9164875
>I still buy comics.
doubt.jpg
>>
File: dcau figures.png (19 KB, 732x629)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>9162098
if youre a fan, stay away from DCAU figures. For the sake of screen-accuracy, the designs didn't fit well into toy design with their tiny feet, restricted shoulders and bulky torsos. semi-related, McF TT Cyborg is also awful
>>
>>9163546
>This is clearly untrue given the fact of how little attention is even given to Burton's and 00s Batman
I take it you're unaware DC is putting out a Batman 89 comic? Your know if you weren't such a casual.
>>
>>9167149
see
>>9162393
>Yeah, nah. Again, how much merch is being sold from these? How much are they appearing in the media? Next to zero. They get like one mention every year or two and like a single figure in a decade.
>To argue that those designs are more iconic or recognizable than stuff that is consistently put out there every single year is like telling me the world is flat.
and
>>9162622
>Wowee, a whole 5 appaerances after 30 years of being forgotten, and you think that makes it the most mainstream or popular with the public? Fuck off, retard.

You guys are as illiterate and oblivious as 10 year olds
>>
>>9167735
Is merchandise your only exposure to these characters? Are you a merchcasual?
>>
File: batman vs wideman.jpg (2.94 MB, 4128x2322)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>9167742
>full of shit when claiming i made myself out to be a fount of knowledge about modern dc
>can't quote anything from this thread despite claims it existed
>switches gears to other argument that was already proven to be full of shit
>new argument
>b-b-but you don't know anything about these characters but merch!
so? Most people here know jack shit too. How many people here bothered to read any of the Metal comics? Most people here read a page or three from /co/ or from whatever websites that announced it, or maybe they only read an excerpt or summary somewhere like a wiki.
I'm sure some people read an entire issue or two too. Pretty rare if someone read the entire storyline or series, considering how much the comics sell. Hundred thousand for the best sellers.
There's nothing wrong with being a merchcasual because sometimes some shit is too cool to not own. As long as you don't act like you know everything, without ever having read/watched the source, who fucking cares.

ANYWAY, how would you even describe me as a merchcasual if i own most of the comics that those characters appeared in? I own singles for No Man's Land storyline that Icons Harley Quin is supposed to be based off on. I also own the trades for it, including most of the trades for the storylines that led up to the the No Man's Land storyline and the trades for the storylines for the storylines that led up to No Man's Land.
I own the comics and trades for the Icons Superman vs Doomsday box set is based on. I own comics and trades featuring damien wayne, and because i liked his character i bought the Super Sons Icons set. I own so many trades and comis for the vast majority of comic toys i buy, but most of what i buy isn't based on modern DC comics.

To call me a merchcasual just because i bought a few toys that are based on movies/comics/animes/books/etc i've never read/watched is disingenuous.
On the inverse, it'd like calling me a nazi just because i like their Hugo Boss uniforms. Ridiculous.
>>
>>9167926
All those words words words just to tell us your a merchcasual. Read a book.
>>
>>9168086
>dat contrarianism and cognitive dissonance
no shit? No shit.
>>
>>9167926
>so?
U mad someone pointed out the irony of you calling someone a moviecasual when you're just a merchcasual?

>Pretty rare if someone read the entire storyline or series, considering how much the comics sell. Hundred thousand for the best sellers.
Lol I read the whole thing. Ever heard of pirating comics? I only buy stuff that's actually good which is rare nowadays. But I still read stuff and at least keep tabs on the stuff I'm not actively reading. Sounds like you're just making excuses for being a shitty casual.

>There's nothing wrong with being a merchcasual
But it's bad to be a moviecasual?

>ANYWAY, how would you even describe me as a merchcasual if i own most of the comics that those characters appeared in? I own singles for No Man's Land storyline that Icons Harley Quin is supposed to be based off on. I also own the trades for it, including most of the trades for the storylines that led up to the the No Man's Land storyline and the trades for the storylines for the storylines that led up to No Man's Land.
I have the Collected Editions too. What's your point? What's it matter if you still get shit wrong on a regular basis like the whole Carnage debacle?

>I own comics and trades featuring damien wayne, and because i liked his character i bought the Super Sons Icons set. I
While being a casual and not reading the pretty top tier Super Sons series that the set was based off of. Lol.

>To call me a merchcasual just because i bought a few toys that are based on movies/comics/animes/books/etc i've never read/watched is disingenuous.
I'm calling you a merchcasual because I don't believe you when you say you've read comics. You get shit wrong regularly. It's hilarious to watch people correct you.

>On the inverse, it'd like calling me a nazi just because i like their Hugo Boss uniforms.
Figures. Subby is a Nazi sympathizer.
>>
>>9168244
>Ever heard of pirating comics? I
i love how you keep on trying to invent new ways to argue with me.
I didnn't say
>Pretty rare if someone bought the entire storyline or series
I said
>Pretty rare if someone read the entire storyline or series
>read
retard

Your contrarianism and cognitive dissonance is powerful.

>But it's bad to be a moviecasual?
considering i usually say that when they say shit like "Revoltech Venom is totally based on the comics"... guess what?
>As long as you don't act like you know everything, without ever having read/watched the source, who fucking cares.
see the problem?

Also, i really love how you basically admitting you were the dumbshit from other day who claimed Mattel stopped making DC toys after 2018 when it was announed they lost the license.
You completely shut up and ignore the parts where you get called out, like when you were bullshitting about DC Icons.

>the whole Carnage debacle?
>still on this
LOL
>b-b-b-b-but the official handbooks that are written by the writers and editors for the comics these characters star in are don't count because they're invalidated by a storyline that happened years later11111!
utterly pathetic, but that's expected from a dumbshit kid who is only arguing just to argue.
>>
>>9168277
>i love how you keep on trying to invent new ways to argue with me.
I'm just pointing out that a lot of people still read full story arcs. A lot of people pirate them. I assumed you were basing your argument off of sales numbers since you deliberately mention
>Hundred thousand for the best sellers.
As your very next sentence. You were the one who mentioned bestsellers....

>Also, i really love how you basically admitting you were the dumbshit from other day who claimed Mattel stopped making DC toys after 2018 when it was announed they lost the license.
You're really peeved at that guy aren't you? Would make sense from a merchcasual like yourself.

>You completely shut up and ignore the parts where you get called out, like when you were bullshitting about DC Icons.
What was a bullshitting about? The fact that some of there first figures were short? You even agreed about Batman you dumb dumb.

>>the whole Carnage debacle?
>>still on this
>LOL
Sorry that it was so memorable watching you make a cool out of yourself to /co/ for almost 24 hours straight. Remember how they all laughed at you?

>>b-b-b-b-but the official handbooks that are written by the writers and editors for the comics these characters star in are don't count because they're invalidated by a storyline that happened years later11111!
>utterly pathetic, but that's expected from a dumbshit kid who is only arguing just to argue.
Hahaha this is exactly my fucking point. You're such a fucking casual you only read those Marvel Encyclopedias they sell to casuals at book stores.
>>
>>9168308
>I assumed you were basing
lol, how can you fucking assume that when i literally mention people reading it on fucking /co/?
And there's no way you can have ANY metrics on popularity or readership based on pirated views. It's a complete unknown vs ACTUAL numbers based on sales.
You're nothing but a retard.
>You're really peeved
No, i just thought you were completely ridiculous, pretending to know something, yet making shit up on the spot, like you continue doing.
Might as well tell me that I'm peeved at flat earthers too.
I only bring it up because of how embarasingly stupid you are.

>ou're such a fucking casual you only read those Marvel Encyclopedias they sell to casuals at book stores.
nice strawman.
>What was a bullshitting about?
Scroll up to read your own bulllshit. It's all still in this thread. You ignored my posts where i proved you wrong.

Again, arguing just to argue, because you got caught bullshitting and needed to invent new ways just to pretend I'm wrong about something

Shit, you even dropped your bullshit about how movie characters because you ran out of bullshit that you could bullshit about, instead bringing up dead arguments from this thread and dredging up dead arguments from long ago.
>>
>>9168341
>how can you fucking assume that when i literally mention people reading it on fucking /co/?
Because you mentioned best sellers literally in the next sentence.

>No, i just thought you were completely ridiculous, pretending to know something, yet making shit up on the spot, like you continue doing.
No you're peeved because that dude got you so butt bothered you think I'm him. He's living in your head rent free. Do you dream about him?

>nice strawman.
You're the one who keeps citing them.

>Scroll up to read your own bulllshit. It's all still in this thread. You ignored my posts where i proved you wrong.
About the height thing? You even agreed about Batman though.

>Again, arguing just to argue, because you got caught bullshitting and needed to invent new ways just to pretend I'm wrong about something
Sure sounds like you're just mad that someone called you out for being even more causal than someone who only watches movies. Scrolling through the Hall thread you keep bringing up, it doesn't seem like you played those games or read those books either, yet there you go spouting off shit you probably glazed over on Wikipedia.

>Shit, you even dropped your bullshit about how movie characters because you ran out of bullshit that you could bullshit about
You kinda dropped it too. What more is there to talk about? Sure' officially licensed merchandise is going to be hard off comic designs in some way, but that doesn't mean shit when little Timmy's main exposure is from the movies and the cartoons which more closely resemble the movie than comics anyway. The only thing I can think of that resembles comics more than the movies right now is Young Justice but that's only been alive due to fanboy demand. But I doubt you even watch that anyway.

But I gotta say it's really funny to trigger you by pointing out what a casual you are.
>>
>>9168403
>Because you mentioned best sellers literally in the next sentence.
>my memory is erased by the very next sentence that i read
lol, no wonder youre such a fuckwit.
>No you're peeved
nice strawman
>You're the one who keeps citing them.
Yes, I like citing the obvious.
>About the height thing? You even agreed about Batman though.
LOL, love how you're trying to re-write your bullshit.
You claimed there were multiple figures from the early waves (you were full of shit) and even specifically mentioned Superman (you were full of shit).
>someone called you out
Yeah, like when you called me a nazi or i'm a merchcasual? Again, nothing but strawmen, because you just want to argue after all your bullshit was called out and you need something new to argue about.

You were wrong about DC Icons. You were wrong about what's more iconic. You were wrong about how movies. You continue to be wrong about me. How can you be holding so many idiotic ideas?
There's so much wrong with your posts, which is why i think you're the dumbshit from the previous thread who claimed Mattel stopped making toys after 2018. If you're not him, you sure love making up the same moronic excuses and changing your arguments just to continue arguing just like that dumbshit kid.

ib4
>I'm only pretending to be retarded to make you mad. U MAD???
if you actually believe anyone gets mad over stupid retarded shit, you're exactly what i think you are.
>>
>>9168492
>>my memory is erased by the very next sentence that i read
>lol, no wonder youre such a fuckwit.
lol nice argument. Why bring them up at all if you weren't referring to them?

>nice strawman
You're the one who keeps bringing up this argument I didn't even participate in lol

>Yes, I'm a casual
ftfy

>You claimed there were multiple figures from the early waves (you were full of shit) and even specifically mentioned Superman (you were full of shit).
Superman was too short too. They even fixed him with the Rebirth release.

>Yeah, like when you called me a nazi or i'm a merchcasual? Again, nothing but strawmen, because you just want to
Youre both apparently. You know Nazi memorabilia is illegal in some places right?

>You were wrong about DC Icons. You were wrong about what's more iconic. You were wrong about how movies. You continue to be wrong about me. How can you be holding so many idiotic ideas?
lol. Fucking triggered causal baby.

>you're the dumbshit from the previous thread who claimed Mattel stopped making toys after 2018
Rent fucking free.

>if you actually believe anyone gets mad over stupid retarded shit, you're exactly what i think you are.
You sure seem mad about the fact that you're a filthy casual.
>>
>subjectanon spergs out again for being wrong
Why does this happen all the time?
>>
>>9168503
>all this wrong and doubling down on the wrong
amazing
>Fucking triggered.
>Rent fucking free.
>You sure seem mad
>you're a filthy casual.
lol, is there ANY catchphrase of a troll that you didn't use?
>>
>>9168545
So I take it you're done and are gonna go be a causal in some other thread?
>>
>>9168550
considering you needed to shift to being a hyper-exaggerated troll, what do you think?
>>
>>9168550
The best part is subby is the same retard who insists that those shitty direct to Blue Ray animated movies are one of the more well known DC properties. He's not a merchcasual, he's a cartooncasual, even worse.

>>9168565
I gotta agree with the other anon subby tubby. Buying a comic here and there every once in a while is literally the definition of being a casual. Just because you read comics in the 90s doesn't make up for the fact you don't now.
>>
File: 1438385059585860.png (1.02 MB, 972x781)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>9165008
Fuck you cyborg is great.
>>
>>9162134
Good response anon, and while the DC Universe line may repeat body types and all that, they at least resemble the comic book iterations of the heroes and villains you want. The McFarlane stuff is weak at best. Plus the articulation on some of McFarlane stuff is again weak. But your right on however as the DC Universe figures can be expensive! The Multiverse line they did for the movie characters were meh, most were crap, some okay. Just like the DCEU you never know what you'll get. Crap , shit, or a diamond in the rough.
>>
>>9162300
It's an opinion, EVERYONE HAS THEM! Even you, so STFU if you dislike an opinion give actual evidence and proof as to why instead of being a 1st grade bitch!
>>
>>9162303
McFarlane figures SUCK for articulation. A FEW and I mean FEW of my Spawn figures are remotely posable. He does create amazing sculpts, or statues, but as for posable figures, he sucks!
>>
>>9162098
All I can say is look at all the creator's of the DC lines of figures. Research them. Remember this, most of the figures are aftermarket lines and you will pay more for them. Not all of them but quite a few. I got into DC four years back and the DC Universe figures looked good. I had gotten into the smaller 3.75" lines. They had movie and comic book versions. I wanted the 6" but many were insanely priced. The Icons line was decent and a 2nd hand store here that sells Magic cards, comic books, and shit had a few. I paid $25.00-40.00 for them but it is what it is. Just RESEARCH your figures. YOU are the one who will spend a crapload of money possibly. Get what YOU WANT! If you like the look and don't pose them as much, that's your choice. Point is, your the one who'll look at them, nobody else, so do your research, get some advice on companies, and have at it!
>>
>>9169814
>claiming a 1:12 toy of a 6'3" character that's taller than figures that are over 6" is shorter than it should be is an opinion
have they still not explained "subjective" and "objective" mean in your 7th grade vocab class yet?
>>
>>9169830
Didn't we measure these figures and we determined that they're both too short?
>>
File: 1626522569990.jpg (864 KB, 1011x859)
864 KB
864 KB JPG
>>9169853
Oh yeah. We did.
>>
>>9169853
see >>9162277

Guy was full of shit and here you are telling me shit tastes great
>>
>>9169859
lol except Batman isn't even 6in and Superman is only barely 6in. Shouldn't Superman be closer to 6.5in to meet his officsl height?
>>
>>9169862
did you even read? >>9162277
Guy made bullshit claims here and here
>>9162272
>Some of their first few figures were a little short
>>9162285
>Superman was too.

Why are you taking up a bullshitters argument anyway?
Are you just samefagging, trying to save face after your little troll explosion in using every meme in the book?

Right before he blew his gasket, he was trying to rewrite what he said, focusing only on his saying Batman was shorter, like he never claimed other figures were also too short. Yet here you are doing the same thing?
Samefag as fuck.

Only lends credence toward you also being the same kid who was claiming that Mattel stopped making DC figures after 2018, because you have no idea how licenses work.
>>
>>9169872
Jeez bro. Did I strike a nerve or something? Those two figures are too short. You're the ONLY one here who seems to think they're fine including the people who made these figures they made them taller for the Justice League 7 Pack. They didn't change the heights of the other figures like Flash and GL for that release. I wonder why?
>>
>>9169872
>He keeps dredging up this unrelated argument
Guy really got under your skin huh?
>>
>>9169877
>You're the ONLY one here who seems to think they're fine
Oh, is this why you're samefagging? because you think that because two people make the same claim, you must be right?

While you're being delusional, you should be making every effort to delete all the photographs in this thread that prove that Superman is taller than figures that stand over 6"
>>
>>9169890
>Oh, is this why you're samefagging? because you think that because two people make the same claim, you must be right?
It was a pretty universal complaint at the time of release. Hence why they only changed Batman and Superman's height for the 7 Pack. I think those later figures were scaled pretty perfectly with one another. They even made WW taller than everyone else which is an astherics not a lot of artists do.

>While you're being delusional, you should be making every effort to delete all the photographs in this thread that prove that Superman is taller than figures that stand over 6"
If he wasn't short why did they make his re-release taller?
>>
>>9169901
brah, the photos showing a 1:12 Superman standing taller than figures that are shown to be over 6" still exist.

You shouldn't continue trying to argue your bullshit until all evidence that you're full of shit disappears.
>>
>>9169906
I like how you're deliberately ignoring the fact that the very company that made these figures rereleased them being taller along side other characters they didn't change the height for.
>>
File: PXL_20210301_031919361.jpg (542 KB, 991x703)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>tHEy'Re nOT tOo SHoRt gUyS!
>>
>>9169913
All this bitching about height and not a single one of you has heighkirghted that atrocious face print on Icons Superman. Who the fuck cares how tall he is when he has the worst derp face ever?
>>
>>9169911
i like how you have no shame and think i should take you seriously after your embarassing "i troll u" outburst that borders on parody >>9168503
and are trying to samefag, because you want to continue arguing over how full of shit you still are about the Icon figures.

No matter how you want to continue twisting it, a 6'3" character like Superman who stands taller than figures that are shown to stand over 6" is basically how scale works in the action figure world.

I mean, i understand why you wanted to focus only on how you were totally right about Batman being undersized, because you didn't want to own up to your bullshit about how other figures were undersized and that Superman was too, but to double down now?
After multiple photos prove that he's not undersized... is this just more of your "im only pretending to be retarded" and "i troll you" attempts?
>>
>>9169922
Bitch, >>9169853 is my first post in this thread. I won't deny that I've argued about this with, who I can only assume is you, since no one else holds this stance, sometime last year. But I'm not the person you've been arguing with in this thread. The fact you're assuming everyone is the same person kind of destroys any argument you have. Fact is, Batman and Superman were too short so they made them taller for their rereleases. I like how you're deliberately ignoring this part.
>>
File: ml caps.jpg (442 KB, 1600x800)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>9169940
>>>9169853 is my first post in this thread.
if this is your first post, then it shouldn't even exist, because that guy was already proven wrong here and here >>9162277 >>9162300

You want to bring up other lines, then you're an ignorant retard just like him, because scale creep exists and even they wildly vary even within the same toyline and toy maker.

No matter how much you want to argue, the fact remains that... well, I'll just repeat myself
>No matter how you want to continue twisting it, a 6'3" character like Superman who stands taller than figures that are shown to stand over 6" is basically how scale works in the action figure world.

If you want to get even more detailed and OCD about shit needing to be exact, then you're fucking autistic and you need to take your meds.
>>
>>9169943
>Refuses to acknowledge the very company that made these figures increase Batman and Superman's height but not Green Lantern or Flash.
I'd argue scale creep if they were consistent about making the whole line larger. But it was only Batman and Superman. Flash even got a whole new mold for the JL pack and he's still the same height as his first release.
>>
Same height
>>
>>9169959
Also the same
>>
File: ml thors.jpg (346 KB, 1200x800)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>9169951
>scale creep if they were consistent
which line is consistent? There are literally none, especially because a sculptors style can vary their proportions and because even the design/character itself exaggerates those proportions.

There's a reason why scale is generally considered this way:
>No matter how you want to continue twisting it, a 6'3" character like Superman who stands taller than figures that are shown to stand over 6" is basically how scale works in the action figure world.

And again, no matter how you want to spin it
>you were already proven wrong here and here >>9162277 >>9162300

Again, if you're not him, you sure loved trying to take him his same argues, including trying to only focus on a single thing you said about Batman, ignoring the bullshit you kept on being wrong about. Suspicious as fuck.

Dont want to be accused of same fagging? Read the thread and don't defend actions or continue the arguments of someone that was proven to be full of shit.
>>
>>9169960
DIFFERENT HEIGHT
>>
>>9169961
>change the height of only 2 characters
>Says the whole line had scale creep
Shut up. You don't have an argument anymore. Stay mad that the vary creators ofmthe toy disagree with you.
>>
According to both companies, both Batman and Captain America are 6'2"

Easiest way to solve this whole argument is to put them next to each other, and either they're perfectly in scale and people were super mean to not buy Icons because they incorrectly were undersized, or one will look massively shorter and scrawnier, because DC Icons wanted to save money by using less plastic, thinking collectors would buy anything, especially if they made it $10 more expensive than other mass market figures.

BY FAR the easiest way to settle this.
>>
>>9169943
>>9169951
>>9169979
is this why comic books are fucking dead? because of all the autismal force required to give any fucks about the same ten characters over and over resulting in a very nicher, and unprofitable industry that collapses over and over while anime and manga goods always sell out and can afford to ask 5x the $20 walmart toy asking price?
>>
File: MLisaoucap-18.jpg (452 KB, 1024x682)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>9169983
No company nor toyline exists to nurture the OCD of asspies, so what you're asking for is impossible.

Also, why even bring up Batman? That isn't the point of contention, which is here, which already proved the guy was full of shit three days ago
>you were already proven wrong here and here >>9162277 >>9162300

>>9169984
This entire argument exists only to make some child feel better after he raged out of control by throwing every troll meme out there.
So it's a seperate problem from comics being "dead" or not, despite the fact that most are profitable and the fact that companies like DC and Marvel make billions of dollars based on all the comics they've written.
>>
>>9169999
>DC and Marvel make billions of dollars based on all the comics they've written.
the old stuff right? because anime and manga have replaced the same old garbage americans write with punchy punchy good vs evil with diverse story telling in scenario and setting.
>or not
Oh they're very much dead and relegated to a single shelf while entire sections are dedicated to individual genres of manga in american book stores.
>>
>>9169999
Comics are totally dead dude. DC isn't even putting out more than 30 titles right now.
>>
File: mcfarlane shota robin.png (2.28 MB, 2127x1414)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>>9170008
>DC isn't even putting out more than 30 titles right now.
good, because they're pretty shit.
But to say they're dead, after all the success they've had selling toys, movies, and literally tons of other merch?

Get real.

Even if they were unprofitable, they'd have writers and artists cranking comics out, because of all the related merch/media that gets sold from those comics.
>>
>>9170017
ethan van schiver's comic books sell way more than woke crap from DC and Marvel. also manga replaced american comic books no one reads them
>>
>>9170017
A single manga in Japan outsells the entire American comic industry. The characters themselves are very much alive and well inside various media, but the comic industry itself is in one of the worst spots it's been in since the 90s. None reads comics anymore other than 42 year old neckbeards.
>>
>>9169999
>So it's a seperate problem from comics being "dead" or not, despite the fact that most are profitable and the fact that companies like DC and Marvel make billions of dollars based on all the comics they've written.
This is a disingenuous argument. Sure they've made billions of dollars over the nearly 100 years these characters have been around. But we're referring to the current industry.
>>
subby talks like moviebob
>>
>>9170100
there's nothing disingenous about it, because are you saying those action figures based on the Metal storyline from the past year are bombing?
Or what about all those actoin figures based on Jim Lee's redesigns?

You need to ignore a lot of shit to pretend that what they're doing isn't making money.... or are you just ignorant of that siht existing in the first place and where it comes from?
>>
>>9170131
>there's nothing disingenous about it, because are you saying those action figures based on the Metal storyline from the past year are bombing?
I dunno about the action figures. But the comics themselves sure have been. Which is what we're talking about when we say comics are dead. Superheroes and comics aren't mutually exclusive.

>You need to ignore a lot of shit to pretend that what they're doing isn't making money.... or are you just ignorant of that siht existing in the first place and where it comes from?
And you're deliberately ignoring the fact that comic sales are at a low point to the point DC has severely cut back the number of titles it puts out.
>>
Subjectanon sucks
>>
>>9170146
without the comics, the Metal toys wouldn't have been created, muchless sold.
You can't have one without the other.
Do you even pay attention to comics and comic book toys, or are you just being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian?

An entire highly profitable industry exists because of these comics. This isn't a chicken or the egg question. One literaly can't exist without the other.

>you're deliberately ignoring the fact that comic sales are at a low point
Do you live on Neptune?
Since you you're just able to get a wifi signal 3 billion miles away, let me fill you in: the entire industry was in a slump because of corona, where the vast majority of sales for comics being shut down for fear of spreading the virus for months.
Did you even know that ATT has been regretting purchasing WB? That entire entertainment industry wing has been a slump too and shows/movies/etc have all been getting canceled left and right, and they're firing as many people as possible. They don't care if they can profit from this long term or not, they're only thinking of the more immediate future and are trying to sell WB partially off to Discovery Network, because they "can't afford" to keep WB running even after all the cut backs.
Nevermind that practically every DC movie they've released in recent years have had disappointing sales and have ALL been panned by critics and their audience.

There's a reason why Marvel is able to succeed, while DC founders.

Imagine if their comics weren't around and every toy that was released was just based on failed movies that no one liked.
>>
>>9171363
>Do you even pay attention to comics and comic book toys, or are you just being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian?
Lol you're the one who admits to not paying attention to anything within the last decade, don't project that on me my guy. Sales are bad mayne. Nothing around that.

>An entire highly profitable industry exists because of these comics. This isn't a chicken or the egg question. One literaly can't exist without the other.
I'm not talking about the toy industry you merchcasual. I'm talking comic sales. Something you evidently know nothing about. Or is it no-nothing?

>Since you you're just able to get a wifi signal 3 billion miles away, let me fill you in: the entire industry was in a slump because of corona, where the vast majority of sales for comics being shut down for fear of spreading the virus for months.
I never implied that the coof wasn't a major part but sales have been going down for a while now. Covid may have finally been the nail on at least DC's coffin, Marvel seems to be doing at least a bit better than them. Indie stuff has faired a bit better since it has more dedicated fanbases but not by much.

>Did you even know that ATT has been regretting purchasing WB? That entire entertainment industry wing has been a slump too and shows/movies/etc have all been getting canceled left and right, and they're firing as many people as possible.
All contributing factors yes.

>There's a reason why Marvel is able to succeed, while DC founders.
Marvel Comics aren't selling much better than DC but they have at least Disney life support as opposed to WB that, as you said, hates DC.

>Imagine if their comics weren't around and every toy that was released was just based on failed movies that no one liked.
Only a merchcasual like yourself would equate Todd making merch based on his BFFs OC donut steal designs as comics being successful.
>>
>>9171436
> you're the one who admits to not paying attention to anything within the last decade
Nice strawman.
> I'm talking comic sales.
Again, you can't have the toys without those comics. Which you continue to ignore, because you're just a dumbshit being a contrarian.

Everything you're arguing ignores how important the comics are to the creation of new content: movies, cartoons, merch, etc etc, and that's why the comics will always be around.
>>
>>9171451
>Nice strawman
Your words man, not mine.

>Again, you can't have the toys without those comics. Which you continue to ignore, because you're just a dumbshit being a contrarian.
I know you're a merchcasual but Todd making his BFFs OC donut steal designs has zero correlation to the amount of comic books sold. Why hasn't Todd made figures from other storylines other than Capullo and Murphy ones?

>that's why the comics will always be around.
lol not if they don't sell. Why do you think DC has fewer books than indie publishers right now?
>>
>>9171461
>Your words
Literally nope.
>>9163546
>>9164247
But thanks for proving you're just a liar, creating a strawman just to argue and have been spreading bullshit this entire thread.
>>
>>9171436
>>9171451
>>9171461
>>9171482
no wonder DC comics is failing and need AT&T to bail them out from going bankrupt.
>>
>>9171482
Bitch, you didn't even know that Superman image you posted was Jon Kent, or that Clark has been in back in his classic costume for well over 3 years. Did you not read Action Comics #1000? Even with modern comics being trash I went out and picked up a copy. You're here citing fucking toys being made as proof that comics are selling, like the merchcasual you are.

What? If there isn't a happy meal toy of something you'll refuse to pay attention to the source material?
>>
>>9162277
Batman sort of works in context since it's meant to be Dick Grayson, not Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>9171504
No it isn't. Dick never wore that iteration of the costume. They only said that at first to try and backtrack on the fact he was too short. They finally dropped that whole goofy pretense and acknowledged the figures were too short and corrected them for the JL 7 Pack.
>>
>>9171502
LOL, so i prove that youre full of shit, claiming stuff i never said and now you want to bullshit some more?
Can anyone not notice this trend?

Nothing but bullshit, after bullshit, and even more bullshit.

>>9171504
Yep, it works out, especially since the figure itself is labeled as being from Last Rites storyline.
Synopsis on the comic's storyline:
>Last Rites is a Batman Family event about the aftermath of Bruce Wayne's disappearance during Final Crisis
This storyline is also the last issue for the Nightwing series, because Nightwing became Batman.
>>
>>9171685
You literally said
>i haven't kept track of that lawsuit, but did DC win it and why it's returning or is this just a temporary thing?

>Yep, it works out
Except Dick never wore that version of the costume. I wouldn't expect a merchcasual to know that though.
>>
>>9171723
>selectively ignoring text and posts to pretend to be right
Wow, a bullshitter can't stop bullshitting?

>>9171723
IF you read bothered to have read the storyline, you'd know it's full of symbolism and it hinted at a future Batman, which ultimately was Dick.
Since you're probably a retard, lemme just explain that comic books allow you to make that symbolism into drawn images and there is literally a future Batman drawn at the end of one of the comics.

But thanks for proving yet again (12th, 13th time this thread?) you don't know shit and are just bullshitting some more.
>>
>>9171502
>>9171504
>>9171512
>>9171685
>>9171723
>>9171741
toys
>>
>>9171741
>IF you read bothered to have read the storyline, you'd know it's full of symbolism and it hinted at a future Batman, which ultimately was Dick.
I own it lol. Post the page where Dick wears that suit. Or was the figure only symbolically Dick Grayson? Now you've gone from admitting Batman was too small to deflecting that it's actually Dick Grayson wearing a Batman costume he never actually wore. Such a merchcasual.
>>
File: dickbats.png (2.27 MB, 1547x1155)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>9171802
>still trying to bullshit by being selective
Sure is bullshitter trying to create an out.

Yes, i literally said it's only symbolic, hence calling it a hint. IT's supposed to be Dick, but they wanted to make to make it official with the Battle for the Cowl storyline. You know, because this is how stories work, right? telegraph it first and then do it.

Only reason I even say that that Batman is undersized is for ignorant people like yourself, who'll shit up threads to argue over stupid shit, so it's better to just agree it's undersized.
But here we are, 5 years after the original argument started, that had already been settled 5 years ago, repeating the same shit. This thread was already shat up, thanks to contrarians like yourself, so i might as well point out the same shit from 5 years ago.

Again, it's not a coincidence that Batman is short and why DCC labeled it as being from the Last Rites storyline, instead of any storyline where the costume was used by Bruce. Usually the first appearance of said design is usually stated, like Harley first appearing in No Man's Land, or... like the first time Dick appeared wearing the Batman costume.
>>
>>9172219
Not him, but you're reaching super hard with this. I've reread Morrison's Bat Epic multiple times and even had a chance to talk about it with him fir a bit when I got to meet him at SDCC a few years ago (super nice guy) and I never interpreted that as Dick. Alfred is clearly talking about Bruce. Seems to be a bit of a stretch to me honestly.
>>
>>9172233
Yes, he's talking about Batman, but Batman's gone. He's at the computer on the top panel, but in the next panel he's gone, and Alfred is leaving the batcave. Fade to black, and next page is Batman (dick).

Text lines up with that, basically saying that Batman is an idea (who kept him going), which actaully transitions into the next storyline for when Bruce came back (Batman Inc). Works much better than just saying someone supported him, especially since Morrison tries to be clever about this shit.
Then you have the lines about how with Bruce/Batman gone, that evil will become over confidant, but Batman will return (as Dick) to seek them out.

The entire storyline is called "Last Rites" and even this is about putting Bruce to rest.

Here they are, hammering you over the head with a bat, and you're missing some easy symbolism, allegory and subtext.
Then you have DCC, who works closely with DC, because they're one and the same company, which all but confirms who that Batman is supposed to be. Nevermind that entire bit about why they say that specific Batman figure is based on a storyline that mostly has Bruce in flashbacks in older costumes.
>>
>>9172219
>Yes, i literally said it's only symbolic, hence calling it a hint. IT's supposed to be Dick
lol Dick Grayson isn't that thick. Nor does he have an old man jaw. Artists drew Dick pretty differently as Batman mostly making him thinner like an actual acrobat.

>But here we are, 5 years after the original argument started, that had already been settled 5 years ago, repeating the same shit.
Yup everyone including DCC agreed Batman and Superman apwere too small so they made them bigger.

>This thread was already shat up, thanks to contrarians like yourself
I don't think you know what that word means.

>Again, it's not a coincidence that Batman is short and why DCC labeled it as being from the Last Rites storyline
Of course, DCCs first Batman figure in a new line was Dick Grayson wearing a suit he never actually wore except maybe in one panel in a book he didn't appear in if you squint.

>like the first time Dick appeared wearing the Batman costume.
Also a different costume from the figure. That one had the yellow oval and capsule belt. Are you trying to one up me or something with your comic knowledge so you don't come off as a merchcasual like you did earlier when you didn't know Superman has been back on his classic costume?

>>9172233
I own it too and I always interpreted it as just the idea of Batman, not necessarily anyone specific under the cowl for that particular page. Like you said, the casual is reaching quite hard on this one.
>>
File: disco robin.png (326 KB, 367x713)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>>9172383
>reaching
>literally say same shit about Batman being an idea
lol

BTW, for someone claiming to own the comics, you sure fail at understanding how artists work. Here's Dick also looking thick. Same artist who did the Batman above, with his obvious style.
So this is the 14th or 13th time in this thread where you prove you're full of shit and have no idea what you're talking about.

Also love how you keep on trying to rewrite your previous bullshit after being proven wrong.
I don't get why you keep trying, like everyone's supposed to forget about you, because you pretend to be someone new? despite you constantly repeating the same type of bullshit and excuses for your bullshit.
It's a whole lotta coping.
>>
>>9172426
>Here's Dick also looking thick. Same artist who did the Batman above,
Yes. It's literally from the same story. And he still isn't nearly as thicc there as Batman is on that last page so I dunno what you're talking about. And yes I'm agreeing with him that you're reaching. Because you are.

>Also love how you keep on trying to rewrite your previous bullshit after being proven wrong.
>I don't get why you keep trying, like everyone's supposed to forget about you, because you pretend to be someone new? despite you constantly repeating the same type of bullshit and excuses for your bullshit.
You're right. Everyone is samefag and a boogeyman. Get a grip Subby.

>It's a whole lotta coping.
Pot calling the kettle black right here. P

Well at least I know what triggers you now. Pointing out what a casual you are and how most of your comics exposure is through merchandise.
>>
>>9172269
>>9172426
>>9172431
I mean that's not how I interorrtered it, but you do you. I'm dipping outta this autism fight. Just wanted to throw my two cents on my favorite Batman story.
>>
>>9172431
>not nearly
>shoulders almost 4 heads wide
>legs over a head wide
>not nearly
lol
>you're reaching.
Despite the fact that you just agreed with my assessment of what he said?
If he's an idea, how is it kept alive? By someone else taking up the mantle. And where is that repeated in Morrison's story? Batman Inc. Then there's the symbolism with Batman disappearing in the panels and reappearing again (Bruce is gone, Dick has taken his place).

Like with with all the bullshit you need to come up with, you're ignoring a lot to pretend you're right.
>Everyone is samefag
Too many coincidences for it to be anything else. So much backpedaling, the way you format your replies, and trying to use that entire "but 80 million smokers can't be wrong" fallacy. Any one could be a coincidence, even 2 or 3, but every similarity adds up.
Youre not fooling anyone, especially with the way you need to continue arguing despite being proven wrong time and time again.

So are you just being a contrarian, because you hate me or do you really believe that Mattel stopped making toys in 2018? Do you really believe that toys that stand over 6" tall are undersized for characters that are taller than 6'? Do you really believe that a Superman (6'3") that stands a 4th of a head taller than those 6"+ figures is shorter than he's supposed to be? Do you really believe that DCC would choose to base their Batman figure from the Last Rites storyline, when that's not that's costume's first use and almost every one of his appearances in the storyline are him in the older costumes? Do you really believe that 89 Batman is one of the most popular Batmans, despite him making only like 5 appearances in 30 years?
... i can go on and on with all the contrary bullshit you've come up with, but i won't, because that's like two posts worth of bullshit that you've been trying to push.

You have no shame & why i think you're some stupid kid. If you're not, i feel sorry for your mom carrying her shameful burden
>>
>>9172485
>Too many coincidences for it to be anything else. So much backpedaling, the way you format your replies, and trying to use that entire "but 80 million smokers can't be wrong" fallacy. Any one could be a coincidence, even 2 or 3, but every similarity adds up.
lol just like I'm the same guy from the Halo thread right?

>So are you just being a contrarian, because you hate me or do you really believe that Mattel stopped making toys in 2018?
Oh wait, he does. Lol. Why did this particular argument stick with you?

>Do you really believe that 89 Batman is one of the most popular Batmans
He is coming back for the Flash movie....

You're really upset about this aren't you? Why even continue this argument for how many days now? I mean, I'm still here because calling you a merchcasual evidently gets you booty blasted. I mean:
>Like with with all the bullshit
Did you intend to type your stutter?
>>
>>9172499
>You're really upset about this aren't you?
You wish. Remember hwen you tried extra hard, blowing a gasket?
>>9168503
>Fucking triggered.
>Rent fucking free.
>You sure seem mad
>you're a filthy casual.

You just say ridiculous things that.
It's about as ridiculous as believing 89 Batman is popular just because he made another appearance 30 years later. It's obvious you're extremely attached to him, pretending he's somehow popular. The fact that you samefagged yourself in this thread and use the 80 million smokers can't be wrong fallacy, says a lot about how you cope.

Something that's popular and iconic gets more than just a few appearances like pic. There's like a new Adam West Batman every year, if not more. Or basically anything STar Wars OT. Or B:TAS Batman. Even Super Powers Batman gets more shit made.

I honestly don't understand what you get from being such a contrarian, but then you're probably just a kid and kids believe all sorts of stupid shit.
>>
>subby mad for days because someone called him a casual
He really is an irl Angry Comic Book Nerd isn't he? Do you have a pony tail too subby?
>>
>>9172543
>b-but I'm not a merchcasual, I read comics a decaaaaade agoooo!
We heard you. No one cares. Stay deluded that the comic industry isn't dying.
>>
>>9172724
Manga replaced comics.
>>
>>9172774
Duh
>>
>>9172774
Well yes.
>>
DC Multiverse line was alright for its era
>>
>>9162098
I'm so sorry OP.
Anyway, Mafex makes some pretty cool comic-accurate figures, though their QC can be spotty. If you want a more stylized look and ridiculously good articulation, the Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi (or AY) line has some really cool figures. Their Harley Quinn is one of the best female toys on the market.
>>
File: harley quinn 0.jpg (55 KB, 325x500)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>9177590
>Their Harley Quinn is one of the best female toys on the market
If you like the zoomer thot design.

I'd love to see a graph showing which Harley Quinn design is the most popular.
I know that DC had to dumb her design down to make it easier for attention whores to cosplay as her, but i wonder how many people actually like it.
>>
>>9179550
the revoltech harley quinn is a standard of harleys, no one cares about dumb fucking comic books boomer.
>>
>>9179574
given how they still continue making OG Harleys, the audience demand and popularity is still there.

Hopefully, if Suicide Squad 2 bombs like the HArley movie did, i wonder if they'll stop using the thot design. DC comics is in need of pandering to raise sales again, so they'd definitely try
>>
>>9179602
>>9179550
She's always been a thot. She's just now dressed in an empowering way. Get with the times gramps.
>>
>>9179550
OK Subjectanon. Sorry you're this nostalgia-blind that you can't recognize a good figure because "NOOOO THEY MADE HARLEY QUINN INSTEAD OF HARLEY QUINN".
>>
File: Microman Bat Fam.jpg (37 KB, 600x450)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>9180183
>you have to buy ugly designs no matter what or you're a nostalgiafag
how many shitty early 00s Microman figures do you own, anyway? Because they're some of the most poseable figures ever that beat out the majority of Revoltechs.

ib4
>but it's not my favorite brand, so that doesn't count
>>
>>9180231
>He thinks those figures are more posable than AYs
I knew you were a casual but this is a bit much.
>>
>>9180231
None because 1:18 is a dead scale.
>you have to buy ugly designs
No, you don't. You get to buy awesome designs refined by the genius of Yamaguchi. If you had to buy ugly designs you'd be stuck with McFarlane junk, or worse DCC crap.
>>
>None because 1:18 is a dead scale.

>ignores shodo
>ignores gi joe
>ignores daretoku oretoku
>ignores kaiyodo gasha skelies
>ignores fortnite
>ignores roblox
>ignores fnaf
>ignores minecraft
>ignores sodo
>ignores joytoy
>ignores acid rain
>ignores toy pizza
>ignores reaction
>ignores lanard aliens
>ignores lanard predators

Huuuuh???????????????
>>
>>9180279
>>9180241
>shitty excuses to not even escape their giant hypocrisy
but we all know you don't actually care about articulation, because it's only about the brand for you.
>>
File: 20210117_193452.jpg (1.47 MB, 1440x1821)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>9180283
>>ignores lanard predators

Since when did Lanard have 1:18 Predators?
>>
>>9180295
1/12? :o
Marvel legends? :o
Wholesome captain america? :o
Cinematic John Wick Universe? :o

I... I just heckin love the six inch action figure collection anon and with all its progressive media raising the voices of those dreams deferred. :o
>>
>>9180295
You're gonna need to prove right now those Micromen figures can pose better than AY.
>>
>>9180301
oh right hiya but lanard is making some too
>>
>>9180305
you're gonna need to pull that 6 six action figure out of your ass before we can proceed any further and engage in civil, heteronormative exchanges anon
>>
File: Revoltech Spizerman.jpg (119 KB, 1209x907)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>9180305
>implying fanboys are actually serious and aren't just saying stupid shit for troll reasons
I do wonder how far their fanboyism goes though.
Do they even own this ugly piece of shit? Or not sell it after seeing how awful it looked outside of the carefully chosen camera angles to hide this mess?
>>
>>9180316
So you can't prove it. I understand. Maybe don't make it so easy to call out your obvious bullshit you fucking casual.
>>
>>9180316
>cherry picking bad poses

Lmao, I'm a huge AY fanboy, but no I don't own that because it's early in the line before many improvements were made. You still look like a retard for posting it in that pose though, it's for people who want comic poses that only the AY can achieve.
>>
>>9180334
>cherry picking
>literally every revoltech photo to hide how ugly they are to be that poseable
funny
>>
>>9180316
Looks pretty cool to me. Sorry about your bad taste, Subby.
>>
File: download_20200103_203718.jpg (2.36 MB, 2129x2056)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
>>9180345
Post something in a better Superhero landing than this.
>>
File: fnDzaxx.jpg (483 KB, 1536x2048)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
>>9180345
>Why yes I am blatantly retarded, how could you tell?
>>
>>9180357
>ugly design
>better
>still cherry picked camera angle to hide the shitty engineering
so where's your spiderman figure?

it's cool how you guys like to talk, yet when it comes right down to it, even you guys also think toys shouldn't be so terrible looking, despite your fanboyism.

Personally, i can't get over yamaguchi's style. he should only stick to mecha and monsters.
>>
>>9180364
One of my favourite things about Revos is the sheer amount of stuff they come with. I know they're not as advanced as the AY stuff but the EvaEvo body Evas all come with loads of hands and a pile of weapons and display stuff. Really good bang for buck.
>>9180371
>"Ugly design"
Subjective. Looks good to me.
>still cherry picked camera angle to hide the shitty engineering
Imagine coping this hard because a toy looks good. What a fag.
>>
>>9180371
>>ugly design
You don't like based comic designs? Are you a moviecasual or something?

>>still cherry picked camera angle to hide the shitty engineering
Lol cope

>so where's your spiderman figure?
On my self. I'll pose it in a cool pose after I take my dog out for a walk.

Still waiting to see how good those Micromen pose.
>>
>>9180371
>if it looks good from one angle it MUST be terrible from all others, prove my negative! Haha checkmate atheists!

>If you are a Fan of a line, you MUST own every figure from it or else you are admitting it's shit!

Frighteningly low-IQ takes.
>>
>>9180381
The irony is, if the Microman line weren't plagued with fragility issues they'd be pretty top-tier, at least for 1:18. Compare to NECA where even if the figure doesn't explode out the box, it still looks and poses like crap.
But regardless, claiming they pose better than an AY is retarded.
>>
File: 1626875498839.jpg (846 KB, 1309x1215)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
>>9180371
>so where's your spiderman figure?
Right here faggot. Do you like how I actually post my toys?
>>
File: PXL_20210721_134823237.jpg (748 KB, 1318x1027)
748 KB
748 KB JPG
>>9180426
And just for shits and gigs
>>
>>9180426
>>9180428
You know, for an early AY he really has held up surprisingly well.
>>
>>9169750
Nah bitch
>>
>>9180301
Did you forget that predators are taller than people?
>>
>>9183029
Papa Todd made a great cyborg, everyone else is racist and would never make such a charcter.
>>
>>9180279
Yamaguchi is good up until you encounter a non-anime character that has uncovered flesh. Then they're trash.
>>
>>9183035
That's where this all gets funny isn't? People that think 1:18 means 4 or less inches vs people that actually want the scale to mean something.
>>
>>9183158
That right?
>>
>>9183798
She looks like an anime character.
>>
>>9185011
>until you encounter a non-anime character
she isn't an anime character so they did well.
>>
>>9183798
Where did Yamaguchi go so right with her?
>>
>>9186412
I think what he's saying is she has very cartoonish features. Not a realistic face. I don't thin AY can capture that
>>
>>9190670
They've never needed to try to be fair, seeing as they're only doing stylized comic characters.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.