[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Mega Man thread.

Post Mega Man.
>>
>>9086119
I just want reprints of d arts
>>
>>9086143
Just stop being poor lol
>>
>>9086153
its just the fate of every figuarts series that isn't dragonball. they make a few and randomly drop it.
>>
>>9086119
Where the fuck is my EXE model kit God dammit, not even an EXE collection to hold me over. It was suppose to be his year.
>>
File: rowlet sleep.gif (1.02 MB, 540x359)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB GIF
>>9086119
>NEW MEGA MAN TOYS
>it's Mega Man again...
>>
Wishing they would make figures of the mavericks and robot masters. Never going to happen but I can dream.
>>
>>9086257
Same, was hoping the version ka knockoffs would get to zero and vile at least, but still just x
>>
>>9086257
>figures of the mavericks and robot masters
ive always wondered why they never bothered with this.
even shitty western companies at least try to attempt to make them.
do they just not know how to make them?
>>
>>9086491
Japan is really adverse to making villains for some reason unless it's kaiju or evil Kamen Riders.
>>
>>9086494
are they really? or are you just pulling random shit out your ass?
>>
>>9086496
I don't have solid numbers or anything, this is just my observation after collecting so long, they just don't typically make villains.
The figuarts DB line is a huge exception.
I'm not trying to cause any argument.
>>
>>9086496
NTA, but it's a pretty well-known thing. Villains don't sell well as heroes in Japan. And the SHF Dragonball line's heavy focus on villains can be largely attributed to how huge the US push was for that line.
>>
Given there's like 100 Robot Masters, I wouldn't imagine a full sized action figure line for them, but why not a small cheap line, akin to Battle Beasts", and just pump out all the numbered RMs, the Rockman Killers, the Dark Mans, the Stardroids and Wily Wars guys? And cap it off with a 5 inch scale Yellow Devil.
>>
>>9086512
Might make for a good SHODO line but I guess it depends if the interest is there.
>inb4: shorto
>>
File: rockman02-4_orig.jpg (69 KB, 629x800)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>9086512
>>9086518
This is what 66Action was supposed to be. They are about the size of Battle Beasts, fully articulated, and since they're candy toys, they were pretty cheap. They even got wide distribution in the US, you could find these at like Hot Topic. But it still didn't survive past 1 wave. Cutman was the only Robot Master we got (and he's great!)

This line could have been phenomenal if they'd kept going.
>>
>>9086594
Who else was in wave 1? They problem I think most Mega Man lines run into is waves consisting of 3 different Mega Men.
>>
>>9086594
Cut Man really is such a based little guy
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>9086600
Actually, sorry, I remembered wrong. It actually survived for two waves. 1st wave was all Rockman--standard, X, EXE, and Volnutt. I think standard Rockman's facesculpt was bad, but other than that, they were great.

This is wave 2. Reisue of X, Vile, Cutman, Starforce, and uhhh I forget what this red armor is called. Anyway, another strong wave, and X and Vile were even size-compatible with the Super Minipla Ride Armor. I wish this line had gone further, it was the perfect price and scale to amass the entire cast.
>>
>>9086609
You know what, I think you hit on the head what kills Mega Man's chances of a toyline...too many iterations.
You make an OG Rockman line, and you'll have X fans crying for X and Mavericks. Make an X line and OG fans will cry for that. EXE, Legends and Starforce fans will be on thr side lines squabbling for attention.
Try to appease them all and you end up with lines where the whole wave is just different variations of Mega Man and it dies a quick death no one is buying the WHOLE wave, just their preferred version and no one ends up with anything
>>
>>9086620
Yep. I would much like it if someone would just stick to their fucking guns and shout at the fans "NO! Shut the fuck up, we're making ONE iteration at a time, and that's it!"

Sentinel's 4 Inch Nel was doing some fantastic work, but they made the same mistake of doing every iteration, and then proceeded to make even dumber mistakes (like splitting Roll into two separate releases). It's a shame, those were beautiful figures and I would have bought so many more if they'd kept making em.
>>
File: 20210612_001008.jpg (1.94 MB, 4032x3024)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
Custom Bass / Zero mix SHF that I got off eBay, seller doesn't know who made it but I'm a fan of the design
>>
>>9086153
thise D arts were poorly made figs that weren't even worth the 40 bucks. Lots of QC issues.
>>
>>9090490
Oh wow, very impressive. Do you know anything else about it??

I know it’s mostly just a repaint but it looks very polished
>>
What’s my best bet for a Protoman? Jazzwares?
>>
>>9086594
the 4inchnel 2-pack was just great, because it was a robot master and Classic Mega's penultimate armor. it makes me sick knowing their last release was 2 cash-grabbing remolds
>>
>>9090539
I want to say if you want something with your 66's, Loyal Subjects or the old bandai plamo
>>
>>9090516
Unfortunately not, I messaged them and they said it was sold to them like that.

They also have a Protoman styled one up for sale too. It was shipped from Canada if that were to somehow narrow it down.
>>
>>9086119
I hope Koto continues with the reprints so I can get the X3 armor X. Anyone know if Zero can actually hold the LED version of the Z-Saber?
>>
>>9090796
no more armors goddammit
>>
>>9090796
The saber he comes with is identical except for filling in some hollows on the underside of the top part. His and the one that comes with X are interchangeable.
>>
>>9090799
I just want a reprint anon. Though skipping X1 and X2 armors is silly.
>>
>>9090539
Kotobokiya kit.
Re-released recently too, like 30 USD from HLJ at the moment.
It's 1/10-ish but also the best Proto. Roll too really.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.