[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 61 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: MOTU-REV-104-26-LAYERED.jpg (190 KB, 2000x1124)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
Welcome to /motu/ General -- the most powerful thread in the universe!

Previous Thread: >>9074298

Discord: https://discord.gg/HZ4wmPPhFF

>/motu/ General pastebin featuring all your /motu/ news needs! Stay up to date!
https://pastebin.com/861y0g94

>Archived threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/%2Fmotu%2F-Masters%20of%20the%20universe%20general/

News timeline!
Powercon Exclusives sold out on site and BBTS
Masterverse figures slowly showing up for preorder (in Canada...)
Buzz Saw shipping in a case with BA He-Man and Skeletor. Mosquitor will probably come out sooner or later during the summer.
Rise of Evil is back on the menu(your mileage may vary)
Revision He-Man with classic head and full sword found at Mattel Store.
Wave 6 revealed: Green Goddess, LoP Beast Man, Webstor with winch gimmick, Scented Stinkor
Wave 5 and 6 currently on preorder at BBTS. - BBTS

Scubattack Zodac has replaced Cliff Climber Fisto in cases of Mega Construx skulls at Target and Wal-Malmart. No in-stock link for separate purchase, Wal-Mart SKU and UPC:
SKU: 788097270 UPC: 887961969306

Wave 5 from Amazon delayed

Mega Construx Heroes wave 3 (Man-E-Faces, Filmation Trap Jaw, mini-comic Roboto, mini-comic Tri-Klops, Scareglow) to ship July 24:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08V3KG5PN
Mega Construx MotU Advent Calendar and Origins-scale buildable Battle Cat revealed

Revelation trailer:
https://youtu.be/81wyj65SJIo
Prequel comic starts July 7, Revelation is set to premiere July 23rd – Who wants to host the Watch Party? Should we do it from Discord?
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2021) is coming to Netflix in October. He-Man and Skeletor action figures for it have been revealed.

Thread Question:
If you could pick any MOTU character to have a spin-off what would it be about?
>>
SCARE GLOW: Where's Mosquitor?!
>>
Where's the best place to buy comics online that's not eBay if I want physical copies of the revelation run. My local places suck ass.
>>
>>9085944

/co/
>>
Will my Classics be alright stored in their mailer boxes and MIB when not displayed? I saw a thread about how toys need to "breathe" or the plastic can get fucked up, but it was a weird thread with at least one troll in it.
>>
>>9085963
Plasticizer will inevitably leak. When that happens depends on the climate they’re stored in. For example, a figma that has been in its box for 10 years will be sticky. I imagine the same for classics figures, but can’t be sure.
>>
File: Parts reuse shmarts reuse.jpg (1.51 MB, 3176x1604)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>9085926
Thread Answer: Haha. Like you even need to ask? But I figure elaborating is pointless, since who really even gives a shit?
>>
>>9085962
I don’t want to visit that tranny infested board.
>>
File: Secret_Grayskull.gif (860 KB, 250x183)
860 KB
860 KB GIF
>>9085987
I'd want to know if Orko kept living on Eternia instead of with a mate and family where his magic works because Skeletor taking Castle Grayskull would have consequences as far as Trolla.
>>
File: saurod-star-hunter.jpg (248 KB, 568x504)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>9085926
>If you could pick any MOTU character to have a spin-off what would it be about?
Saurod gets stranded on Earth and hunts people for sport.
>>
File: wherethefuckishe.jpg (2.47 MB, 2396x1595)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB JPG
Where are you Mosquitor? I know you're out there.
>>
>>9085512
It may not be the three way war against the horde we all fantasize about, but what it has the potential to be is the 1987 film we were meant to receive. Though, Im still wary of things to come. Especially with the He-ro spoilers.
>>
>>9086012
I want that movie to be so good but just a glance at that poster tells me its total shit
>>
>>9085926
Scareglow is best Master
>>
>>9085926
>If you could pick any MOTU character to have a spin-off what would it be about?
Snout-Spout, I still ocasionally think about the potential for a "Rescue Heroes of the Universe" spin off.
>>
Boy it's a good thing Mattel isn't having trouble getting their figures to stores. Ha ha, ha. Ha. I mean, that'd be nuts right? Miss out on all the potential sales caused by the hype for the new toon?

GOOD THING.
>>
>>9086173
It's a fucking joke at this point. BBTS is shipping out individual wave 5 figures rather than shipping to those who ordered the entire wave. Store are fucking barren besides the occasional wave 3 stock at Target or rare Deluxe sighting. Walmarts have fucking nothing but a single Grayksull (if you're lucky) and He-man and Skeletor. Amazon continually pushes back orders.

I fucking hate how Mattel is handling this line. You can't use COVID as an excuse anymore either. Other companies are able to do this shit with no problem, why is Mattel so fucking dimwitted and slow at getting this stuff out?
>>
>>9086185
Dunno I just got my wave 5 from BBTS.
>>
>>9086273
Shit like this. I preordered at 12:04 on New Year’s Day, which, in theory, should put me near the top of the list. I didn’t even know what was in the wave, but I knew that I wanted it. And here I am, with nothing in my pile of loot. Still. So fucking frustrating.

When did you preorder?
>>
>>9086278
How many preorders have you cancelled with them? They boot you to the back of the line if you drop too much.
>>
>>9086290
Quite a few because I almost always find things elsewhere because they take so fucking long. I have around $2k in preorders through them and I still get sent to the back of the line? Such a garbage system.

Does EE do that shit with preorders too? I might just drop BBTS completely besides my Powercon exclusives.
>>
Can anyone confirm if the gun arm attachment that comes with Super7’s Filmation Hordak can fit onto origin Hordak’s arm?
>>
>>9085171
Agreed. People I know have been nutting themselves over the animation, and I just think it's offputting, and the copy-pasted building and vehicles aren't helping things any. But then again, animation is one of the things I'm critical of the most right out of the gate.

I should add that these screencaps as frozen images don't bother me at all--in fact I rather like them--there's just something about these in motion that my brain really just doesn't buy, something is very jarring.
>>
Consider Pixel Dan's pixel dick
>>
>>9085926
>you could pick any MOTU character to have a spin-off what would it be about?

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe becomes "He-man" and "The Masters of the Universe"
He-man can continue to be Adam, Teela, Duncan, Orko and Sorceress hogging the limelight and never straying far from Greyskull and fighting Skeletor, Evil-lyn and Beast Man

Masters of the Universe becomes team based series, think Justice League Unlimited, and they travel around Eternia and in space, and fight any villain who doesn't get left in "He-man".
>>
>>9086097
It is. Don't waste your time
>>
>>9085926
>>9086055
Mosquitor should be hidden somewhere in the OP pic for every general until the day he hits shelves.
>>
If you guys could pick a property to receive origins style figures (like MoTWWE), what would it be?

I would really love Toxic Crusaders in this style.
>>
>>9086278
When they popped up... was it new years?
I had bots up though so I really should be top of the line as well.
>>
>>9086514
Thundercats and Bravestarr
>>
>>9086524
And to clarify, I don't run bots to scalp, just to get one of each for myself. I'm tired of scalpers for stuff I like so it's easiest like this.
>>
>>9086529
Basically the bot is (pseudocode):
toys = get toys with categories(figure, motu)
toys.remove(already ordered)
for toy in toys
if toy.name contains(origins)
order()
add to already ordered()

Then once every week I just remove stuff I don't want.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (64 KB, 512x384)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>9086514
Two is honestly enough, but if I had to pick a third it would be M.U.S.C.L.E.
Kinnikuman characters that can swap parts with MOTU and WWE figures? Yes please. Plus i'd like a cheaper alternative than the SHF for articulated Kinnikuman toys.
>>
Does anyone have a picture of exactly which parts on an Origins figure can come apart?
I know the limbs can detach from the torso but can the elbows detach? Can the hips detach from the groin? I don't want to just start pulling my shit apart and rip something
>>
>>9086555
Removable
>Boots
>Hands
>Heads
>Arms at shoulders
>Waists
Requires heat
>Forearms
>Legs below the knee
Non-removable
>Legs below groin
>Arms at shoulder on Battle Armor figures (the ball jointed arms keep the spring cylinder mechanism in place)
>anything on Ram Man that isn't arms, hands or heads
>>>>>>the fucking Sky Sled stand after you get it on
>>
>>9086555
They are removable at the neck, shoulders, waist, wrists and at the boot cut.

You cannot separate the arm at the elbow, or remove tge legs from hips
>>
File: 20210611_082843.jpg (1.41 MB, 2450x3336)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>9086555
>>9086563
I split up my Beast Man to show you. These are the only places they're modular
>>
>>9086364
It doesn't. The cannon just sits on top of the Origins arm and doesn't fully slide on like it does on the Vintage arm without force.
>>
>>9086562
>>Arms at shoulder on Battle Armor figures (the ball jointed arms keep the spring cylinder mechanism in place)
>anything on Ram Man that isn't arms, hands or heads

Oh, right. And Roboto cannot be separated at the neck or waist because of his action feature.
I'm also not sure about Man-e-faces, I've never tried removing his head
>>
File: woGicYz - Imgur.jpg (1.26 MB, 3024x4032)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>9086562
>>9086566
Just NECA'ed some knees and elbows to prove i'm not crazy.
>>
>>9086578
Well, yeah, it's possible, its just that you're not intended to separate them at the knee and elbow.
>>
>>9086055
Let's see... Moss Man, Mermista, Chef Allen... there's Mosquitor, right of the giant!
>>
>>9086572
I don't think he is. I don't think WWE New Day does once he's assembled either.
>>
>>9086473
Based, very clever
>>
>>9086562
>The fucking Sky Sled stand after you get it on
So much this. WTF Mattel?
>>
>>9086587
Was thinking along the lines of what IDW did back in the day with RiD/MTMTE
He-man and Skeletor/Bumblebee and Starscream stay at Greyskull/on Cybertron

Roddy, Magnus and Drift/Zodac and the rest of the 3rd stringers get in a ship and possible off to have their own adventures without getting overshadowed
>>
>>9086599
From the vintage line:
He-Man, parents, Teela, Man-At-Arms, the Sorceress, Orko. They've got their own thing. Put Ram Man here too.
Stratos is King of Avion.
The Rock People are their own weird thing.
Man-E-Faces, Fisto, Buzz-Off, Mekaneck, Roboto, Moss Man, Sy-Klone, Extendar and Rotar (if anyone cares about him) are your troops. The Goddess can provide magical support and Gwildor can provide science support.
Snout Spout, Rio Blast, Clamp Champ and "Healor" are off being Rescue Heroes.
>>
>>9086599
Also, as a current comparison, The Wreckers
>>
Challenge: Create-a-Character, but they have to be a canine.
>>
>>9086669
Doggo, heckin' heroic good boi
>>
>>9086679
Doggo the Wizard
Mystical Good Boy
Action feature: Heckin Stick, a magical staff that lights up to darn evildoers to Heck
>>
>>9086567
Thanks! Bummer. Trying to find a blaster arm part for my Hordak. The PowerCon one has one yeah, can’t get that.
>>
>>9086578
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>9086093
What are the He-Ro spoilers?
>>
>>9086101
>Snout-Spout, I still ocasionally think about the potential for a "Rescue Heroes of the Universe" spin off.
5.5" Snout Spout, the firefighter. Has his original action feature.
5.5" Rio Blast, the sheriff. We'll sell a blue/white Laser Bolt for him, with siren and red light play feature.
Clamp Champ uses his clamp as the jaws of life or helps Rio capture a criminal with it. His right arm docks with a small mech he summons for enhanced speed (it has roller skate feet) and protection.
Heal-La, female OC medic.

Mega Construx:
Snout Spout with Eternian fire engine. It's a gray elephant with wheels instead of legs.
Rio Blast & Clamp Champ with their vehicles above scaled down.
Some weird Eternian ambulance.
>>
In the Revelation trailer, Scare Glow summons 11 additional skull ghosts to attack the heroes.
>>
File: MotU-Relevation-Orko.jpg (116 KB, 1920x909)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>9086854
Orko can tank that.
Little dude's either studied his ass off to make his magic work on Eternia or has been hiding his power level.
>>
>>9086857
>Little dude's either studied his ass off to make his magic work on Eternia or has been hiding his power level.

Plot twist: it turns out Scareglow was a little bitch pretending to be a badass all this time
>>
>>9086857
Grayskull has always been where his powers are at their best (possibly due to a portal to his homeworld being situated there).
>>
>>>/co/

You fucking lorefags. This is the toy board.
>>
>>9086797
Fuck off Necanon. Shit quality and breakage is synonymous with Neca.
>>
>>9087017
Absolutely based
>>
File: 2002-Orko.png (2.3 MB, 1101x1200)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
I cast Summon Trollafag.
>>
>>9086818
Phil LaMarr will voice He-man's wife's son
>>
File: 1549746.jpg (31 KB, 540x382)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>9087041
Eyyo, you rang.. ?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>9087017
>>9087034
Should I start chanting
>Where's my Mosquitor?
>Where's my Mosquitor?
>Where's my Mosquitor?
again?
>>
>>9087078
Where the fuck is my anything, more like it.
>>
>>9087045
Do we know if it's that He-Ro or is it He-Man's ancestor?
>>
>>9087083
>>>/co/
>>
>>9087059
As clever as the wreath is, I sure hope Mega Construx MotU won't get cancelled before releasing Orko again with normal O.
>>
>>9087087
They're too busy having culture wars.
>>
>>9087081
I don't give a fuck about anything else. Everything besides Mosquitor is either, already have, don't want, or would buy but won't give a shit if I don't find it.
>>
>>9087092
Hopefully it'll be hot on the metaphorical heels of this release; iirc, the calendar goes up in August. With MCX's current release rate... maybe a carded release by Xmas?
>>
>>9087093
Lorefags vs toyfags is kind of like our own little culture war
>>
>>9087081
Where the fuck is the u.s. release of minis Orko? I hate how Canada and Europe is 2 months ahead while we struggle to get anything.
>>
>>9087122
I feel ya... I had to get mine from The Land of Poutine and Hockey myself. I don't regret it, though. I just wish that I could find a Micro Orko with decent paint - all of the ones I've seen so far are absolute ass.
>>
>>9087099
>Hopefully it'll be hot on the metaphorical heels of this release; iirc, the calendar goes up in August.
August is the most recent thing I heard. It's going to be the first Mega release tied to hype: He-Man has the "bat H" and not cross for the first time at this scale, first Orko, and Mustache-At-Arms with asymmetrical armor after a long period of unavailability.
>>
>>9087100
>Lorefags vs toyfags is kind of like our own little culture war

I remember >>>/co/ poster bitching about the Horde, so I'll confuse him.
>>
File: 1623431851297.jpg (31 KB, 283x246)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>9087161
He looks so happy
>>
I'd rather have lorefags than nu-ra fags shitting up the thread. Just ignore them and post the toys or something more productive than complaining. We already got enough to complain about as is.
>>
>>9087171
Leech is best boy
>>
>>9087173
Fucking this man, the anti-lore fags are doing more damage to the general than good by reeing.
>>
>>9087182
Leech is one of those guys that I love the concept and general design, but that fucking suction cup mouth ruins it for me.
I look at Classics and vintage Leech together, and I really want Origins Leech, but I'm worried they'll prioritize action feature and vintage accuracy and give him the suction cup.
>>
File: 20210519_135520.jpg (1021 KB, 2463x2079)
1021 KB
1021 KB JPG
>>9087171
>>9087197
I assumed he'd be a dx with two heads.
>>
What is King Randor’s tax policy?
>>
>>9087193
Typically what I do is, when I see a big fanfictiony text wall, I immediately post a toy based question, like "which action features so you hope get omitted from Origins?" or something, to encourage toy discussion without resorting to reeeeing
>>
>>9087209
I'm still trying to figure out which vintage toy with an action feature I wanna pick up would least likely have something omitted in Origins.
>>
File: MotU-Origins-SkySled.jpg (2.09 MB, 4160x3120)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>9087206
>What is King Randor’s tax policy?
We'd need to know more about King Randor's ECONOMY to answer. We've seen both peasants and an aircraft factory.
>>
>>9087197
>Leech is one of those guys that I love the concept and general design, but that fucking suction cup mouth ruins it for me.
Classics Leech was brilliant (good head sculpt over action feature, suction cup net) and I wasn't collecting then.
>>
Action features Origins MUST do:
>Clawful, Sy-klone, Moss Man, Modulok, Dragstor, Rattlor, Snout Spout, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze.
Action features they should NOT do:
>Jitsu, Kobra Khan (I only need one water squirter, and I choose Snout Spout), Two-Bad, Leech, King Hiss (I'd rather a cool snake form than the shell), Snakeface, Blast Attak
Action features I don't care one way or the other
>Tunglashor (must have regardless), Mekaneck, Extendar, Mantenna, Spikor (for the last 4, if they did attachments to simulate the features instead of functioning features, I'd be fine with it, but functioning features would be fine too), Saurod, Rokkon and Stonedar
Bonus: non-vintage who need either a feature or feature simulation
>Dylamug, Strongarm and Fangor.
>>
>>9086566
>>9086582
How are we supposed to fix the factory error calf reversing on every figure with Skeletor's boots?
>>
>>9087381
Get a blowdryer, pop off the boots and switch them. Than blow dry the feet and wiggle them off and switch them.
>>
>>9087397
Is this something they're going to start doing correctly at the factory at some point?
>>
>>9087255
Not having an interest in MOTU until right after Classics stopped being a thing has been agonizing.
>>
>>9087401
Not sure considering they labeled the shins incorrectly.
>>
>>9087173
Truth, while I'd love to have new product in-hand daily, that's usually just not going to happen; I'd rather discuss other facets of the franchise than just sitting around whining about empty pegs, shitty distro and scalpers all day every day.
>>9087381
Verrrrry carefully...?
>>
>>9087405
Are we sure it's an error and not just a stylistic change? It's such a weird fuckup to make and not fix.
>>
>>9087417
It's a stupid error, it's Mattel they used to put biceps on figures backwards.
>>
>>9087417
>>9087423
>>9087412
>>9087412
>>9087381
I'm suspect at this just being a troll. I wish I would hear about this somewhere other than 4chan.
>>
>>9087439
Ehh, you could try digging around on the org, they tend to bitch about every little thing for literal weeks on end (lol, "Tri-Klops Greengate").
>>
File: P4HBMaV.jpg (479 KB, 2048x1536)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
What is going on with this thread? You guys aren't posting anything new.
>>
>>9087455
Okay, what the fuck. Where were these found?
>>
File: WCCetbo.jpg (402 KB, 2048x1536)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>9087455
Other than the head, it's looking pretty damn good.
Lyn and Moss look good.
>>
>>9087455
GODDAMNIT I WANT THAT SKELETOR AND EVIL LYN
>>
>>9087455
They look so devoid of personality and charm.
>>
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145657

Ram man is up on BBTS if anyone needs him
>>
>>9087454
I guess I don't care enough to go there. What I have heard and seen is not pretty.
>>
>>9087455
I'm really starting to come around on Masterverse Skeletor. That fucking grin
>>
>>9087455
He-Man's head seems less tiny
>>
>>9087468
Looking at this >>9087459 pic it looks far more proportional than the Classics head. The whole figure does.
>>
>>9087461
Just like the actual show.
>>
>>9087455
Where are their nipples?
>>
>>9087477
Powercon exclusives.
>>
>>9087459
He-Man's red "H" looks like it should have a Horde symbol head in the middle.
>>
File: MOTU-Laughing-Prince-Adam.jpg (1.25 MB, 2048x2048)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>9087477
>>9087478
Heh
>>
When will preorders open up? I saw a post on Facebook that they're street dated @ target on 6/20. I really don't want to play the driving to store after store after store game so I want to preorder them
>>
>>9087439
>I wish I would hear about this somewhere other than 4chan.
Not that anon, but I've seen in discussed in MOTU groups.
>>
>>9087439
If you stare at the boots of an origins monster feet figure you'll start to notice the tips at the top are pointing wrong.
>>
>>9087478
Lol, I certainly wouldn't put it past them!
>>
>>9087455
Skeletor is great
He-man is fine, just needs a better face
Moss Man is a good sculpt but I'm not a fan of the duller green on his chest and forearms
Evil-lyn's head sculpt is very good, but I'm still not sold on the costume choice, and I only like vintage toy colors. Re-release this in yellow with a proper costume and I'll buy it
>>
>>9087455
Everyone withthe exception of Lynn is in dire need lf a blackwash
>>
>>9087560
It's like Super7 made them.
>>
>>9087560
Yeah, but you saw how people bitched about Andra, and she isn't even important. Probably better if they don't
>>
>>9087573
Kek.
>>
In hand look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvJl9syNDU
>>
>>9087459
I wish he had the thicker harness but It's better than I thought it'd be. Don't like the boyish face tho.
>>
>>9087624
Tfw we won't get it for another 2 months because Mattel USA hates us.
>>
>>9087455
>>9087459
Wish this fucker would articulate the legs so we can see how much of a hindrance the loincloth is.
>>
>>9087560
>Everyone withthe exception of Lynn is in dire need lf a blackwash

>He-Man is black
>King Randor is black
>Skeletor is black on Miro's side, so his skin is actually much lighter than He-Man's
>decades ago, he learned voodoo from Hordak
>>
>>9087549
>Evil-lyn's head sculpt is very good, but I'm still not sold on the costume choice, and I only like vintage toy colors. Re-release this in yellow with a proper costume and I'll buy it
Then what hair color should the alt head have?
>>
>>9087673
in that case i refuse to accept a white clamp champ
>>
>>9087677
I wouldn't really care to be honest. White, black, red, purple, blue, any would probably be fine
>>
File: MOTU-Skelegod.jpg (86 KB, 900x900)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
I will buy this 11" Skelegod as fast as I can even if I don't end up collecting Masterverse.
>>
File: FF1-Chaos.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>9087692
He will have a place of honor on the left side of a shelf, with much smaller figures of He-Man, Orko and two other Heroic Warriors facing him.
>>
>>9087677
White.
>>
>>9087692
11 inch? I thought it was only 9
Shit, he's a beast
>>
>>9087692
PRE ORDERS
FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>9087703
It is 9".
>>
>>9087459
Classic bros I don't feel so good...
>>
File: 1555379990777.png (636 KB, 682x503)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
>>9087455
>>9087459
>derpy he-man face
>skeletors face isn't yellow/green
>>
>>9087455
>He-man looks based on the art but like a fucking autist in figure form.
>>
File: launchbox.png (930 KB, 1234x556)
930 KB
930 KB PNG
>>9087455
No eternian pepperonis no sale.
>>
>>9087911
His face is really odd. It's pretty disappointing.

>>9087994
Really want that Tri-Klops. That arrogant smile he had in the trailer made him look so cool.
>>
>>9087695
Have him face off against either the minis or the construx figs. Then his might will really come across.
>>
>>9087624
Holy fuck man the size of revelations battle cat compared to the origins cats, it's like they designed him with 12 inch scale figures in mind, he's enormous.
>>
>>9087459
Weird point of contingency on my part, but does anyone else think the legs on masterverse figures look like total shit? The upper bodies and skirts are fine enough, but the legs on these guys just look so bulbous and odd.
>>
>>9088242
They look like muscular legs. Eternia's residents don't skip leg day. Maybe it's the knees that are throwing you off?
>>
File: fatman.png (597 KB, 933x884)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
lying piece of shit
https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1403457011837149184
>I watched the show in 1981-2
>trollans made the power sword
>the trailer literally is the first 10 minutes
>seemingly the time skip will happen after the first 5 episodes, and in fatman's own words will "take away the characters' innocence"
all the rumors are seemingly true so far and Kevin is absolutely going woke for it
>>
>>9088245
It might be the knees and the feet. They just look so odd compared to everything else.
>>9088246
SOMEBODY UPDATE THE BINGO CHART!
>>
>>9088236
He’s a big boy
>>
>>9088258
Sweet mother of god, this really puts into perspective how much larger masterverse figs will be.
>>
>>9088268
4u
>>
Have the revelation figures gone up for preorder anywhere? Really want that BC for my filmation heman.
>>
>>9088246
Kevin's the worst pick for showrunner and I have no clue why Mattel hired him. Either know nothing and come in a blank slate or know everything and where things should go. You shouldn't enter an established IP in a lead creative role being a casual fan.
Even if by a blue moon Revelation is good, who would you pick as a showrunner over Kevin? I'm personally going with Genndy.
>>
>>9088246
>trollans made the power sword
Omfg, they're actually keeping that?! Given how fucking hard Mattel is going on scrubbing Trollans from the mythos (a reminder that they OK'd the genocide of the entire Trollan race - twice!), this is somewhat baffling...
>>
File: 20210611_220307.jpg (1.2 MB, 2560x1440)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
Fuckin friday after work!
>>
>>9088347
comfy
>>
>>9088335
Smiths a hype man used to fool casuals.
>>
>>9088335
Genndy would pull the exact same Teela bullshit. Did you not watch season 5 of Samurai Jack?
>>
>>9088347
Fuck I literally just watched this on youtube movies. Haven't seen it in years forgot how good Langella was
>>
>>9088360
Yeah but I present my rebuttal: Primal.
>>
>>9088367
Did you not see the last episode?
>>
>>9088366
I only got the last 30-40 mins on tv tonight, hadnt seen it in years really since it didnt look "right" to me as a kid. But dolph does make a good he man and the final boss skeletor looked amazing aswell.
>>
>>9088368
I did, yes
>>
7" scale taking over. I'm pretty sure at this point Hasbro is the only one making 6" figures, now that Jazwares isn't doing Fortnite anymore. Their UFC and AEW figures are both in the Mattel WWE size.
>>
>>9088340
He-Ro is in the show and the Classics bio with that is the handiest thing Mattel would have to hand Kevin and the writers.
Personally I loathe the "techno-organic virus" and idea that He-Ro was a human space alien rather than Eternia-born, though Trollans making the Power Sword is fine.
I also wish for them to make up their own lore for Scare Glow rather than "Karak Nul, shifty bounty hunter whose decades-long hobby was trying to break into Castle Grayskull."
>>
>>9088446
>I'm pretty sure at this point Hasbro is the only one making 6" figures,

They're making like 75% of 6'' figures anyway, though. Also Jazwares still has Halo. Mattel's always done their own thing.
>>
>>9085994
we are everywhere.
>>
File: Star Wars Figs.png (1.31 MB, 1200x900)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>9088446
When are we getting back to good ol' 3 3/4 inch for the vehicles, playsets, monsters, and large assortment of background characters?
>>
File: Eternia-Minis.jpg (409 KB, 1764x1072)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
Revelation Eternia Minis spotted in... Spain?
>>
>>9088473
That's a good question
>>
>>9088474
Of course! The US gets fucking nothing!
>>
>>9087455
where's the star of the show, Teela?
>>
>>9088474
makes sense. Spanish countries fucking LOVE MOTU
>>
>>9088485
Wave 2, when she supposedly takes over.
>>
>>9088446
I can't get over how mattel doesn't use the stupid visible plastic pins for the joints like other american companies use.
>>
>>9088504
They're putting a lot of money into the line and are hoping it pays off. Only thing lacking is paint.
>>
>>9088335
I would have gone for Michael Jelenic, Jeff Kline, or Derrick J Wyatt. You know, people who actually have history with working on established properties.
>>
>>9086898
Isn't he still a joke even under those circumstances though, outside that one comic?
>>
File: E0qdlStWYAI3E_n.jpg (506 KB, 1200x1600)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
>>9088246
So, I decided to alleviate some fears, I was going thru the IMDBs for people in charge on the show and the Wikipedia page. It occurred to me that there was 5 other people in charge of the series as Executive Producers besides Kevin Smith. I think Kevin's just there because he's a big name for celebrity fan credibility.

In total there's 6 Executive Producers including Kevin Smith, the other 5 are:

>Rob David
>Susan Corbin
>Adam Bonnett
>Christopher Keenan
>Fredrick Soulie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_the_Universe:_Revelation

One of the Executive Producers, Rob David is also listed as the creator of the CG kids MOTU series, and previously worked on the 2000's version of TMNT and the series "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!" -

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2929909/

And yet another Executive Producer, Christopher Keenan worked on a bunch of great shows including Batman Beyond-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0444634/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr4

Fredrick Soulie also works for Mattel, so Mattel themselves is acting as an executive producer on this series, making dictates and demands. So I don't think Kevin's quite as in charge as the marketing would make things out. It's also very noticeable all the blatant toy synergy going on in the trailer, and is no coincidence, that there's Landshark, Clamp Champ, and Scareglow in Revelation, along with the Classics version of Castle Grayskull with the ledge on the side of the castle.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/fredericsoulie

I also noticed on IMDB that it says He-Man/Prince Adam is in 8 episodes out of the 10 on IMDB, but they only list Teela as in 6 episodes, so according to this He-Man remains in the series. Scareglow sadly is only listed as 1 episode.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10826054/fullcredits
>>
File: EsTH-6sXAAE6bFO.jpg (370 KB, 800x956)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>9088662
Further, there's 5 writers, including Kevin Smith, but there's also:

>Eric Carrasco
>Tim Sheridan
>Diya Mishra
>Marc Bernardin

Several of these writers have worked on comics and animation, particularly with DC properties.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2004812/
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4660381/
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4559033/
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7900122/

Likewise there's several different directors on the show.

Kevin appears to be mainly the face of the show, but hardly the person in charge or calling all the shots, and there's a group of 4 other writers. There's no way in hell Kevin could pull off something like the teaser trailer, which in and of itself was great. I don't know about the rest of the series yet, but there's 5 other people in charge besides Kevin, including a guy who works for Mattel, who's whole job is to know everything about He-Man and MOTU.
>>
>>9087459
It actually looks pretty decent except for the shitty headsculpt.
>>
File: EuwjgarXMAYtcTW.png (742 KB, 900x504)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>9088667
Comparitively, here's She-Ra 2018's Executive Producers, showing how little everyone cared and how little effort was put in:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7745956/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_cl_sm

Chuck Austin, who worked on Steven Universe-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0042278/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr4

Adam Henry, who worked on Barnyard and Duncanville-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0377711/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr5

Hae Ran Ha, who worked on Thundercats Roar-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3127648/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr6

Michael Pattison, who worked on a lot of crap including, "Boss Baby: Back in Business"-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0666518/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr7

Beth Cannon, who worked on something called "Fat Girls Can't Dance," along with a bunch of trash-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3183568/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr8

Stuart Cunningham, another nobody who worked on a bunch of trash, and who's biggest gig was being an assistent animator on Ren & Stimpy in the 90's-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0192458/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr9

Mathias Dougherty, who's biggest role was being an assistent on the movie Titan AE-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1326780/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr2

Noelle Stevenson, who was handed the role of showrunnder due to nepotism, because she had friends in the industry and, because she was female everyone in charge wanted a female showrunner, despite that she was a nobody who made friends with industry people while working on "Wander over Yander"-

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6343559/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr3

What this all shows is that there was an actual effort put in with MOTU: Revelation to put big name industry people on it, along with known writers and actors.
>>
If the people that came up with the Classics backstory decided to make Minicomic Jungle He-Man his own character as Oo-Larr, why didn't they make his Skeletor the one who ends up becoming Scareglow so that "Ghost of Skeletor" means Ghost working for Keldor Skeletor and also Ghost of the Skeletor that Oo-Larr fought?
>>
>>9088662
>He-Man/Prince Adam is in 8 episodes out of the 10 on IMDB, but they only list Teela as in 6 episodes

That's encouraging, considering...
>>
>>9087455
Why are these not up for preorder on BBTS.... some manner of exclusive in US?
>>
File: 1161241014.jpg (172 KB, 1181x650)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>
>>9088789
I saw Retroblasting squealing over this on facebook, and how Smith shouldn't be allowed to work on a show if he wasn't a true die hard fan.
>>
>>9088792
Kevin Smith shouldn't be allowed to work on a show because he is Kevin Smith.
>>
>>9088793
He's only one guy out of an entire team. I don't think he can fuck up, when he's only Showrunner in name only. There's 5 other producers and 4 other writers, as well as a team of directors. Kevin's input seems to be mainly casting and attaching his name.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1623447670174.jpg (124 KB, 960x908)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>
If Teela is going to be the focus of Revelations why hasn't she gotten a toy already?
>>
>>9088814
Wave 1 was originally supposed to be 8 figures. Mattel appears to have split them up into two waves of 4 and 4. Teela's most likely wave 2.
>>
>>9088818
Exactly. If she's going to be that important she'd be in Masterverse or Minis by now over fucking Mossman
>>
>>9088819
Just my thought, but maybe Moss Man gets special consideration in this case because of Oppenheimer. Come to think of it, aren't all 4 VAs of wave 1 either industry veterans, current Hollywood A-listers, or both?
>>
>>9088793
Finally, someone with some basic logic.
>>
>>9088826
>current Hollywood A-listers,

You've got a broad definition of what "a-list" is if you consider any of them Hollywood a-listers
>>
>>9088718
>Chuck Austin, who worked on Steven Universe-
It’s hilarious that you have him listed against SU. The man’s done a lot of really shitty work in the past, including being the writer who gave Nightcrawler a literal demon father and two dicks.

But strangely enough, even though he was involved in the Netflix Rocky & Bullwinkle, that show was shockingly good.
>>
>>9088861
Hey, GoT is a hell of a lot more current than Buffy, so we'll take that.
>>
>>9088885
>>/co/
This doesn't have anything to even do with He-Man whose "toyline is inextricably linked to the comics and cartoons"
>>
File: tale-teela-5.jpg (198 KB, 800x1010)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>9088750
I don't know, because that would have been perfect. Pre-Filmation Skeletor was even confirmed to have been trying to access Castle Grayskull for more than twenty years.
>>
>>9088808
If Revelation is a Filmation continuation, Whiplash is a literal cyberdemon.
>>
File: Masterverse-Skeletor.jpg (74 KB, 960x960)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
"For ages, Skeletor ravaged the ? terrorized the people of Eternia in his quest to capture all of the power in the universe for himself. Now the nefarious [GAP]..."
I wonder if "for ages" means he's not Keldor this time?
>>
>>9088757
The rumors I’ve seen say battle cat and Skelegod will start appearing in Walmart/target from June 15-20 and the rest later on.

Mattel continues to be a fucking joke.
>>
>>9088945
>If Revelation is a Filmation continuation

I never put much stock in that, but I think it's debunked just on the basis of Clawful's design. Filmation Clawful was not a crab, Revelations Clawful clearly is. Even if it takes a few cues from Filmation, this is clearly not going to be any kind of "continuation "
>>
>>9088662
fan credibility? He outed himself as a non fan already. Everyone knows he's just there for a check.
>>
>>9088667
This doesn't change the fact that the show is not going to focus on Adam/He man. Instead they've made a slick trailer to lure people in before letting the Teela show take over.
>>
>>9088718
Don't shit on Wander Over Yonder. That show's alright. I believe Noelle initially put in for the showrunner thinking she'd only do a miniseries centered on She-Ra and Hordak but DreamWorks executives pushed her to make it about Adora and Catra for some reason.
>>
>>9088987
At least the legacy of Teela's they're talking about is her connection to the Sorceress, and not some destiny to become He-Man. It isn't easy to have a lead character like He-Man because he's literally the strongest man in the universe, so he can overcome any challenge, needing at most some help from his friends. If you want stakes, he needs to be at least somewhat out of the picture.
>>
>>9088992
Guess that's why superman is barely in superman comics. Oh wait
>>
>>9088992
It's like the Avengers, their team full of street levels, Iron Man, then Thor and Hulk. In a direct confrontation, if you have any of the last 2 why would you even need the rest of the team, and if you have none of the last 3, you can have more human problems, rather than 'god' level threats that would be a challenge for the heavy hitters of the team.
>>
>>9088979
>I never put much stock in that, but I think it's debunked just on the basis of Clawful's design. Filmation Clawful was not a crab, Revelations Clawful clearly is. Even if it takes a few cues from Filmation, this is clearly not going to be any kind of "continuation "
I mean, clearly you're right on the basis of Clawful alone.
All the continuities with Prince Adam are so similar anyway, except perhaps DC Comics. If it wasn't for the Sorceress' design and all the vehicles being '80s nostalgia, you could call it a 200X continuation.
>>
>>9088999
>mean, clearly you're right on the basis of Clawful alone

This sounds like sarcasm, but the rest of the post reads like genuine agreement, so i can't tell if I'm being argued with here.
>>
>>9088988
>DreamWorks executives pushed her to make it about Adora and Catra for some reason.

You know exactly why they did that.
>>
>>9088995
Well you're missing the point, it's more like >>9088996 says. You can't have He-Man fighting the enemies he has trounced effortlessly countless times and pretend they're a threat to him. A good example from the trailer is that machine that tried to crush Man-At-Arms, He-Man effortlessly stops it and is smiling about it. He's so far above the rest of them, whereas the heroes without him are actually at a disadvantage, or about equal to the enemies, so stakes actually exist. They can't just call to He-Man every time to solve their problems like in the Filmation show, like Jimmy Olsen would call to Superman. Having He-Man on this show would be like if Batman called Superman every time a problem came up in Gotham.

Back to that Avengers comparison, if any of you have seen the Avengers EMH show, you'll know that when the story often had to remove the heaviest hitters from the team so that there would be an episode. For example that episode with Kang, where Thor had to stop the city busting laser, which took him out of the fight. And in Revelation, which is a single story, so akin to one long episode of EMH, him getting taken out by Skeletor and losing the Sword of Power is akin to Thor being removed from the fight by stopping that laser, allowing the other characters a chance to shine.
>>
>>9089017
So they can jerk off to all of the lesbian porn?
>>
>>9089015
Agreed with, not argued. Clawful is the first smoking gun that this is based on toys rather than a fictional continuity.
>>
>>9089034
Oh, plus the trailer showed off Duncan wearing half as much limb armor as the guards his daughter commands, which is toy-accurate at the expense of logic.
>>
>>9089030
Bingo
>>
Can we go back to talking about the toys?

I'm still checking Target almost everyday for a restock of the basic assortment figures. At least I was able to get Fisto and Faker.
>>
>>9089078
>Can we go back to talking about the toys?
Sure. Any restocks of the Roboto/She-Ra wave in the US? She-Ra has a running change that makes her top-tier for me now, while Roboto was already top-tier and I can't find him for MSRP.
>>
>>9089078
>we go back to talking about the toys?

WHERE'S MY GODDAMN MOSQUITOR, MATTEL?
>>
>>9089082
Unfortunately most stores are now on wave 4 or 5. I found a single basic hordak on Thursday. It really sucks they don't fucking have these in large case assortments. A case of everything single packed is so stupid.

Maybe Revelations will have enough synergy to warrant an end cap of everything at Target, but I have my doubts.
>>
>>9089082
Only restocks I've been seeing are on Amazon. Supposedly Target was alternating wave 3 with wave 4 but it seems that they're just ordering wave 4 now.
>>
>>9089089
He's probably still in China.
>>
>>9089090
They've been in assortments since wave 3. Box of four, one of each in a wave.
>>
>>9089094
Yeah assortments of one character each vs a case of stand-alone like some places get.
>>
>>9089090
>>9089091
*groans*
I really don't want to miss out on updated She-Ra. At least with Roboto I could pay a scalper tax and know I'm getting the best.
>>
>>9089101
Check amazon, if not you may need to try haggling on ebay or mercari. I'm not sure why they haven't considered revision cases or whatever. Instead they're just turbo cranking everything out quickly and in low quantities here besides the two mains.
>>
>>9089101
I'd like to get her too, but at the same time, I'd be willing to wait for a She-ra variant instead.
I basically just want her for a really stupid display idea, but it requires Stonedar and Kobra Khan as well, so I'm in no rush for her since they guys aren't even announced yet
>>
>>9089097
Oh shit, I haven't had a coffee yet and read that as thinking Target gets the single packs instead of assts. I believe single packs are for online retailers like Amazon and BBTS and aren't spotted at retail aside from He-Man and Skeletor.
>>
>>9088246
This dude is the greatest rebuttal to the argument that weed is good for creativity. I can't believe people are willing to listen to four hours of his nonstop imbecile giggling every week.
>>
>>9089170
>Revelations will not feature Evilseed's stoner cousin Dudeweed (lmao)

Why live?
>>
>>9089175
I'd be ok with evilsneed too.
>>
>>9089179
Formerly Evilchuck?
>>
>>9089082
What's the running change?
>>
File: 614q1-9GWVL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (94 KB, 1000x1000)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>discovered that the two Origins figures I'm most impatient for are out right now...in Pop! form

I feel mocked...and admittedly tempted to buy them to tide me over until Fall
>>
>>9089187
There's a revised face print. Can we tally up the running changes?
>BA He-Man's boots
>She-Ra's face
>BS Hordak's eyes
>>
>>9089204
I remember seeing a pic that there are two skin tones of Clamp Champ on the market.
>>
>>9089175
No, no. It's Evilseed, Goodweed and Moss Man, who's a Neutral member of the Green Enforcers, which protect life as such on all lifebearing planets from both Good and Evil economic development.
>>
>>9089209
I think the lighter ones all went to Mattel in Missisauga who threw them out/had them stolen by a scalper on the inside. I recall seeing boxes of them for sale on FB Marketplace.
>>
>>9089202
I'd hate these slightly less if they sorta had the gimmick, but still trash.
>>
>>9089239
Maybe I'm biased since he's my favorite, but the only one not trash is Tunglashor
>>
>>9089247
The non humanoid ones are more bareable, but I still wouldn't buy one.
>>
>>9089204
Trap jaw has 2 versions with one having full ball joint articulation in the shoulder of the robot arm and one which only has rotation on that shoulder.
>>
>>9089204
Don't forget Prince Adam's power sword hilt getting changed to the newer, thinner mold in the Sky Sled.
>>
How many death threats do you think Smith will probably get?
>>
File: IMG_20210612_134843449.jpg (3.2 MB, 3072x4096)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB JPG
I got to pick up my RoE set from that Target half an hour away.

Then my bro found the MotWWEU Wave 6 guys while he was waiting to be picked up, but looks like Kane accidentally was packaged without the flamethrower.
>>
>>9089277
I would, because its Lashor
>>9089304
If he hasn't already gotten them, I'll be surprised
>>
>>9089202
>>9089247
Do Funko choose which characters to make themselves or does Mattel tell them which ones to make? Cause if it's the latter I wonder if Mattel plans to make figures of them.
>>
>>9089478
My assumption (and I have nothing really to back this up) is that Funko decides.
I mean, they made Blast Attak. Not a character that Mattel has ever shown interest in pushing, but IS character hard-core fans who know all the obscuros would want. So someone at Funko is like "cool, we got the license, we can make anyone we want, let's do fucking Blast Attak because God knows when or if Mattels ever gonna do it"

...I know that would be my mentality if I was a company and got MotU license, squeeze in as many characters that Mattel overlooks as possible just for my own satisfaction
>>
File: Skeletor-reaction.jpg (21 KB, 600x288)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>9089478
>mfw only Funko has the tooling budget to make unique-body vintage characters like Tung Lashor
>>
File: MotUC-vykron.jpg (112 KB, 749x1000)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
Share headcanon for any MotU toy
>>
File: IMG_6492.JPG.jpg (343 KB, 1600x1200)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>9089497
It's kinda ridiculous.
It really comes off like 3rd party companies like Super7 and Funko actually give a fuck about the characters, while Mattel, the franchise owner, only gives a fuck about "muh tooling costs. Have more standard buck variations"

Maybe that'll change in the future, since Origins is getting Mosquitor, and Masterverse Moss Man seems unique, but right now, it seems that way
>>
>>9089511
It's sad.
Blast Attak is a fun guy. I'd like to see him get a personality.
>>
>>9089511
What...? Seems unique? Moss Man is 100% unique tooling that won't be usable anywhere else. Ram Man in Origins is unique tooling that won't be used anywhere else, the Battle Armor torsos, etc. If the character calls for it, they're going to make unique pieces. You're acting like they made Tung Lashor and made him on a generic He-Man body or something.

And 'care'? Are they making toys for fans because they want to or because they're trying to make money? There's a balance that needs to be achieved. It's very simple how this all works.
>>
>>9089519
>You're acting like they made Tung Lashor and made him on a generic He-Man body or something.

No, that's you putting words in my mouth.
The point of my post is that 3rd parties seem willing to prioritize a wider range of characters, while Mattel historically prioritizes doing as little new tooling as possible, either putting off or completely omitting characters that take more effort.

Bit I did also say that given recent announcements, Mattel will change that stance. I mentioned Mosquitor and Moss Man and am aware of Ram Man.
>>
>>9089515
I think his personality is exploding.
>>
>>9089545
>The point of my post is that 3rd parties seem willing to prioritize a wider range of characters, while Mattel historically prioritizes doing as little new tooling as possible, either putting off or completely omitting characters that take more effort.
How is this fair though? Funko's already gone through everyone else (because if Funko can do anything right, it's burning through a license and churning out product real quick), just like how Mattel is currently going through everyone in Origins.
Mattel also likely operates on a budget per wave, and for all we know the budget they're allocated is tiny, like it was in the Classics days. MOTU has been doing exceedingly well recently, so I'd imagine that they're going to get the money they need to appropriately tool characters that might need more. And nothing wrong with saving those characters, a lot of those characters are ones that not many care a whole lots about, which is why we're often stuck with that same main cast over and over, because historically those have sold better.

Basically, I'm trying to say that I don't think anything is about intentionally not wanting to make characters, but more to do with popularity and budget available (because this is a business at the end of the day). If Blast Attak was the hottest seller of Classics, we'd have probably seen him by now in Origins, but he's real low priority, I'm sure.
>>
>>9089511
>It really comes off like 3rd party companies like Super7 and Funko actually give a fuck about the characters,

Funko's advantage is that they have a really simplified style and only the head can move around. So while they can pump out some really generic looking figures for other lines (and even other reuses of parts) they can spend more on something unique like Blast-Attak and Tung Lashor.
>>
File: 1619553179847.jpg (63 KB, 720x821)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
I grieve in stereo
The stereo sounds strange
You know that if it hides
It doesn't go away
If I get out of bed
You'll see me standing all alone
Horrified
On the stage
My little dark age
>>
File: tomart89-5_full.jpg (30 KB, 290x359)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>9089510
Head cannons?
>>
File: tomart89-3_full.jpg (33 KB, 294x386)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>9089510
>>9089593
Yes, I do approve of head cannons.
>>
>>9089594
That's arnim zola.
>>
>>9089583
I like this pic, it's very relatable.
>>
Should I tell BBTS to ship my Landshark now, or wait and see if they can get me Scare Glow, BA Skeletor, or Buzzsaw Hordak within the next 80 days to maybe double up on some shipping costs? I get the impression that isn't going to happen and it took them about as long just to get me this vehicle.
>>
>>9089594
>>9089596
I've always wondered if the final toy would have looked more like concept sketch or the animation model, or neither and be its own thing
>>
>>9089609
How bad do you want Landshark?
If you want it bad enough, ship now and damn the shipping costs. But if you don't care, leave it as long as possible
>>
>>9089616
I guess I can wait a bit. I need to see about my Skeletor's apparently reversed boot pieces before I go ham with him and his shark tank.
>>
>>9089612
I like the design enough that I'd buy both Sergeant Dylamug and Horde Scientist LegallyNot!Zola if they were made.
>>
File: B94zxgiIAAEXyfm.jpg (31 KB, 331x406)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Can anyone confirm or deny whether these two were supposed to be toys, either in the vintage MotU or PoP toyline?
For how prominent they were, you'd think they had planned toys, but I've never seen it mentioned anywhere nor seen toy concept art.

And they were never planned as toys....its kinda weird they were main villains, right?
>>
>>9089635
Scorpia is just Catra with a different animal theme and Shadow Weaver feels like she started out as an animator's joke drawing of a sexy Orko that got turned into a real character after his buddies saw potential in it.
>>
>>9089637
>Shadow Weaver feels like she started out as an animator's joke drawing of a sexy Orko that got turned into a real character after his buddies saw potential in it.
A vintage Shadow Weaver figure in the boys's line that was a full 5.5" version of Orko with curves and the same ripcord gimmick would have been hilarious.
>>
Is this the worst official toy mockup ever?
>>
Why does the transformation in the trailer look like Sailor Moon? I know Smith has been outed as a non-fan and non-fans see him as 'gay', but jeeze. A step too far don't you think?
>>
>>9089702
>non-fans see him as 'gay'

At first I thought "him" meant Kevin Smith, kek
>>
>>9089702
Some folks think it's a way to not alienate the She-Ra crowd, but the problem there is that it doesn't matter what you give them, it won't be enough unless He-Man himself is gay. I thought the transformation sequence was fine and all from what we've seen, especially since now there's the aspect that he grows significantly in size when he becomes He-Man, but given the supposed Filmation sequel, I'd think they'd have kept the transformation closer to the original.
>>
>>9089702
I honestly hadn't even paid it any attention til it was pointed out. Fateful to the original my ass.
>>
What happened to the server invite? It says invalid.
>>
>>9085926
Did something happen to the Discord?
>>
>>9089825
I wonder if it got raided or something? I got a bunch of strange new friends requests all at one time-- 6 to be in fact.
>>
>>9089832
What happened? I saw some post about rules violation, and then the server was gone.
>>
>>9089835
>>9089832
I guess it got blown up?
>>
>>9089844
If it did, it was probably because arbco kept spamming doxxes of people in there. I wanted to talk about MOTU, but most of it was him and a couple other seething about some random faggot.
>>
>>9089846
Are you admitting to the raid?
>>
>>9089858
How did you get that out of that statement?
>>
>>9089862
Because of the mysterious furries that showed up DMing all at once right after Rise posted about the server getting a rules violation. Weird coincidence.
>>
>>9089870
I'm saying why he probably got the violation notice. Do you think I'm wrong?
>>
>>9089846
Probably right. F. Was fun for the actual motu discussion. Some of the guys were pretty cool. Thanks again for ROE anon!
>>
>>9089870
It's kind of crazy. I have seen a lot worse discords that are still around. It was so small.
>>
I miss the Discord.
F
>>
>>9089305
The flame thrower is behind him in the package, did you look closely enough?
>>
>>9089940
>>9089862
>>9089872

Looks like LioConvoy and the furry brigade went around reporting posts. Nice confession tho.

>>9089927
See above. We got raided by the same guy who was upset about the drawings of a certain youtuber.
>>
File: small-5.jpg (60 KB, 500x383)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>9089637
>Scorpia is just Catra with a different animal theme

Well, thry do both have manfaces and horrible voices.

Why couldn't Catra have been toy accurate? Kitty cat mask looking non-villainous aside, the toy design was so much better
>>
>>9089954
>points out what probably got the server nuked
>"Nice confession tho"

Tax evasion is what got a Al Capone arrested. Guess I'm Al Capone then? Your thought process is retarded, and you refuse to take responsibility for your autistic faggotry on that server.

I joined it months ago. I primarily lurked, and moreso when you starting having your autistic fits. I saw the warning, screen capped that, and bailed. I don't want my long-standing account removed because you were a retard.
>>
File: nq4Bs9F.jpg (74 KB, 720x960)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>9089961
Like, look at this. Who would prefer the toon accurate one?
>>
>>9089963
>I saw the warning, screen capped that, and bailed.
Sounds like you reported posts if you felt the need to screencap
>>
>>9089940
No one seemed to have any issues with the Retroblasting/Lioconvoy talk in the discord but that’s something that should be considered if there is another attempt at a discord. Maybe try to keep the e celeb talk to a minimum and/or keep it more lighthearted. Main focus should be motu at the end of the day.
>>
>>9089969
Think whatever you want. You're obviously insane. I hope they keep you out of the next one.

>>9089973

The general e-celeb talk I don't care about. My point is mods shouldn't let a maniac post randos doxx information in the server. If they do, they're complete retards and should kill themselves immediately.
>>
>>9089973
>No one seemed to have any issues
It was lurkers, likely from a certain crew of furries, from the DM evidence I saw, where 6 furries, many of whom had Deviantart accounts that linked back to their names, were suddenly sending friend requests. They noticeably took that screenshot proving it was them.
>>
>>9089984
>If they do, they're complete retards and should kill themselves immediately.
Hi LioConvoy. I seem you've come to bless this thread with your aids too. Sounds like Lio's mad, since he likes to dox people.
>>
>>9089992
>evidence I saw

Post it. And the Deviantarts.
>>
>>9090005
Are you asking for dox information? I'm not you Lio. You're the only person to post dox on /toy/.
>>
File: SourceMeme.jpg (11 KB, 605x259)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>9090001
Legit why I just lurked. All you did was sperg out about that guy and keep posting people's doxxes.

And I'm sure you won't learn anything from it either.

>>9090014

So you're claiming people did something, and you TOTALLY have the proof, but you won't post basic links? Pressing X to doubt.
>>
>>9090019
Anyway, Lio I believe you're now trolling outside of /b/, and posting dox, such as you did here with possible attempts at calling to raid: >>9089940

And now you're demanded that we should also post dox, which I have no intent to do.

So, with that said, fuck off. Go back to /b/.
>>
>>9090028
>screenshots of friend requests and deviantarts are doxxing

Retard confirmed

>posting a screen cap is calling for a raid

Retard DOUBLE confirmed.

I hope Rise or the other mods either keep you out of the next one, or put a muzzle on your autistic ramblings.

>everyone is Lio
>>
Stop talking about Discord holy fuck die
>>
>>9090037
>everyone is Lio
Yeah, you said that same shit in the other thread where you posted dox over here, where jannies and mods kept deleting your posts while you ban evaded: >>9050991 You noticeably say it on this post: >>9085300
>>
>>9090043
Multiple people have told you that multiple times. You actually believe all those people are lio?

Retard TRIPLE confirmed!
>>
>>9089966
I kinda like the toy colors one more they'er more vibrant.
>>
>>9090051
Not that anon, but I think the toy version looks more fun from an action figure stand point.
>>
>>9090051
Exactly. The pink and silver with the black loin cloth (which surprisingly few women have in this franchise, I'm surprised that we got one out of PoP) just pops more than solid red swimsuit
>>
>>9090048
Anyway, Lio this is my last post responding. You're clearly trolling, and you're posting and demanding dox, as well as clearly ban evading.
>>
I said stop fucking talking about Discord god damn it
>>
File: smh.gif (1.85 MB, 320x240)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
>>9090063
seconding to stop discussing stupid drama.
>>
>>9089949
I couldn't see it in the package - if it was in there, it'd be obvious like the other WWEU/Origins figure accessories? I can't check now because I left the figures at work.
>>
Enough with Discord autism let’s talk toys. There are several version of Buzz-Saw Hordak. I think the top one looks best
>>
>>9090115
Top one is the best. I hope to get that one.
>>
>>9090115
Why? This sucks, man. I have no control over which one gets distributed to me.
>>
>>9090115
>Solid red eyes with bags under the eyes painted black.

>Red pupils with black eyes, bags also black.

>Red Pupils with black eyes, bags under the eyes are white.

Funny how such little things can totally change the look of him.
I wonder if this was on purpose to make running variants, or if the factory wasn't sure how to paint him, and they just did all 3.
>>
>>9090115
I would prefer the top, but the middle will be ok. Bottom I may have to touch up myself.
>>
>>9090308
Probably the bottom one was what came back from the factory on the first batch where his face is similar to the basic release, middle is second batch, where they tried to correct it, and top was how they were supposed to be.

That's my thought anyway.
>>
File: 1620799691065.png (129 KB, 262x251)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>9090115
Missed one variant
>>
>>9090431
Does that hurt him?
>>
>>9090440
Only the first couple of times.
>>
File: Revelation.jpg (53 KB, 589x299)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
According to Kevin Smith the first 5 episodes of the Revelation will pay homepage to the following films-

Ep 1 - Superman II (80)
Ep 2 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (84)
Ep 3 - Batman (89)
Ep 4 - Hellraiser (87)
Ep 5 - Masters of the Universe (87)
>>
While whatever faggotry is going on here, bbts has more preorders of Eternia Guards up if you missed em.
>>
>>9090536
They're also up on Entertainment Earth, so other online retailers have them.
>>
>>9089494
I thought this, but Tung Lashor not only got a Pop but a Funko Soda figure. That Blast Attak Pop was just a convention exclusive. Are Funko just testing the waters for Mattel, or is this because he was in both She-Ra cartoons, or does someone there really, really like Tung Lashor?
>>
>>9089966
Right looks better to me. More like a dom villain.
>>
>>9090096
I've got an extra sealed Kane right here, and looking straight down through the top of the plastic window, the flame and canon are easily visible right behind the figure, so yeah, maybe yours is missing its accessories.
>>
So why did Entertainment Earth get the MOTWWEU Rattlesnake ring in for a week, sell out and never restock? Did Walmart just not want it?
>>
>>9090115
I like the middle one best

>>9090596
>or does someone there really, really like Tung Lashor?

This would be my bet, because I have the same mentality when it comes to Tunglashor
>if I were in charge of the next MotU brand, Tunglashor would be in wave 1, would be in Skeletor's main crew with Beast Man, Trap Jaw and Evil-lyn in tie in media, and get variants and tertiary line appearances in shit like minis and MCX

Yes, my friends, with me in charge, there would be a golden age of Tunglashor. He'd get treatment usually reserved only for characters thst showed up in "Diamond Ray of Disappearance"
>>
My last post got me to thinking...question for you guys: if YOU were in charge of the next iteration of MotU, who would you push in the toylines and media?
Besides He-man and Skeletor, obviously.
>>
>>9090873
Crita.
>>
>>9090873
For me, it'd be Batros.
>>
>>9090873
Reboot or continuation?
Assuming we're going to start with Prince Adam's origin story for a new generation:

HEROIC: Teela(-Na), Orko, Roboto, Sy-Klone, Snout Spout and Extendar, picking up Stratos and Buzz-Off as foreign allies.
EVIL: Evil-Lyn, Whiplash, Tung Lashor, Draego-Man live in Snake Mountain, with Spikor living in a different cave they go to for magic items. Add Modulok as a defector from scientific Eternos and Mer-Man as a foreign ally. Introduce Ninjor, Blast Attak, Saurod and Blade as assassins in an "Evil King Keldor/Rebel Heroes" story.
>>
>>9090559
Nice, I don't use we enough.
>>
File: 20210613_092435.jpg (1.96 MB, 4025x2357)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
Here's your perfect "main villain" team. This is the "wave 1" we deserve
>>
File: 4Horsemen-orcs.jpg (30 KB, 480x360)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>9091006
OK, but yellow Evil-Lyn needs the "in love with Skeletor" characterization so the endgame can be green children.
>>
>2K2 was fucked with even though the show and the toys themselves were great, Mattle fucked it all up due to too many He-Man and Skeletor variants.
>Revalations is likely fucked due to bait-and-switch wokeshit.
Man this franchise is pretty much a magnet for bad luck isn't it?
>>
>>9091068
>bad luck

Your greentext sounds more like bad decision making to me
>>
>>9091070
It's a bit of both if you really take a step back and admire all the catastrophe that's plagued the franchise since the filmation series initially died.
>the movie was supposed to be star wars meets conan, and ultimately got cucked into being a fun but ultimately unsuccessful adaption of the franchise
>new adventures was meant to be about he-ro and the future of the filmation continuity ala beast wars, but ended up becoming a generic flash gordon swipe that happens to reference motu
>200X was pretty much an animated adaption of the mini-comics with DBZ flare and DCAU tier writing, but got cucked out of a full run due in-part to mattel's incompetency and CN's cut throat approach to ratings. As much as I love MOTU, it really was lightning in a bottle. The worst part of that is seeing how much that aspect of the franchise has spilled over into its copycats and ripoffs. Maybe that will change with thundercats though.
>>
I already feel bad about spending so much for Hordak

but I do want a Mondo Beast Man
>>
>>9091144
>the movie was supposed to be star wars meets conan, and ultimately got cucked into being a fun but ultimately unsuccessful adaption of the franchise
Well, Star Wars meets Dungeons & Dragons is the goal to connect with normies, especially 5-11 year-olds. MotU took a lot of visuals from Marvel's Savage Sword of Conan, but Conan is inherently Nietzschean, while MotU is pure Good vs Evil except when Central Tower shows up or the Cosmic Enforcers are treated as something more than additional good guys.
>>
>>9091278
Hindsight being what it is, you know what they should have done?

3 years after MotU flopped, the TMNT movie came out
It ignored the cartoon and told a story thst, if it was like anything, was most similar to the original comics.

Maybe MotU should have done that, gone right to the original roots for the movie.
Jungle barbarian He-man being summoned by a Godess, and fighting Skeletor for Greyskull. No need for a lot of fancy sets or weapons. Keep the cast small and simple. He-man, Skeletor, Man-at-Arms, Teela and Beast Man. Other sword and sorcery movies made do with just desert and forest scenes, He-man could have done the same, and then put the rest of the budget no longer needed on costumes and special effects (since we wouldn't need a cosmic key, Gwildor or the mercenaries) and put it into Greyskull set pieces for the finale.
>>
>>9086566
Rargh! Skeletor I shaved my legs for you tonight.
>>
Should I do it bros? I just want to fucking preorder
>>
>>9091864
Shame. I got it mine in on Amazon.
>>
>>9091875
Fucking where?
>>
>>9091864
I wonder how he'll look with Origins?..I have no intention of collecting Masterverse as a line, but anything that might enhance my Origins collection will be welcome
>>
>>9092058
Must be only on Amazon Canada?
>>
>>9092120
Fuck. I had someone preorder from Amazon for a gift and it turns out they recently cancelled it. I'll just buy Skelegod myself from TRU then.
>>
Found the new wave of wweternia figures in so il today, couldnt get them today but i think ill pass on ultimate warrior, the rest look great especially steph and that crown/mask.
>>
>>9092221
Get Kane, best in the wave. Still waiting for the next wave with Slaughter, Andre and HitManHeart
>>
File: boycott-netflix-motu.jpg (167 KB, 1200x675)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>9085926
And I'm out. Not even bothering with the figures. Ain't letting Mattel and Kevin have the satifaction of raping MOTU like this. Hope the Rev line gets poor salse and it should because there's no way MOTU fans are going to eat this shit up.

https://youtu.be/GpsmEcGmUBQ?t=263
>>
>>9092292
So I guess you're dropping all the lines? Because if you're buying any MOTU at all, you're still giving your money to Mattel and giving them the satisfaction of your purchase even if its not Masterverse specifically.
>>
>>9085926
I know nothing about motu, but i'd like to buy a scare glow origins and I wanted to know if he's really that fragile due to the glow in the dark plastic he's made of. Thanks in advance
>>
Page 9 autosage. Who wants to photoshop a Mosquitor toy into a new OP image?
>>
>>9092484
Give me a few minutes.
>>
>>9092348
Why would I drop support for the line I want? Does buying origins support Nu-shera and Mattel is going to continue pumping out toys for that show because I buy the Origins figures? Fuck no. They abandoned that shit cause no one was buying. Same thing will happen to this show. I feel sorry for anyone spending over MSRP just to get the figures first, and being duped into thinking we were getting an awesome show to go along with it.
>>
>>9092446
The knee joint seems to be the most fragile part of the figure as I seen several people post pictures of him broke there. But I haven’t had any problems with mine
>>
>>9092539
>>9092539
>>9092539
new thread
>>
>>9092528
Thanks for the info, man

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.