[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 78 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 74D64996_2.jpg (143 KB, 767x653)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
anyone likes playmobil?

this youtuber shows vintage sets: youtube.com/channel/UCrFbU8bR2iZ1oWAkD2lgbJw
>>
i just want more knights and history sets
>>
>>9067045
this
but also Militar or/and WWI/WWII themed sets
>>
File: 70578.jpg (30 KB, 720x429)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>9067045
Same. Novelmore is cool, but there's barely anything non-fantastic in it that you can use if you want to ignore the fantasy elements.

In other news, have some Bond.
>>
Also a couple of online stores have started taking preorders for the Star Trek USS Enterprise NCC-1701, for $499.99!
>>
There is no way James Bond is real. I searched the set and got nothing :D
>>
>>9067284
That isn’t, but the rumor came from this one, which is real
>>
Ashens has covered some of the fantastic kids playsets that Playmobil has created:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZeNolFq9Bs
>>
File: playmobil 5504.jpg (52 KB, 568x462)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Oi! You there! Move along!
>>
Take the poo to the loo!
>>
This new stuff is metal as fuck
>>
>>9068154
what set is this?
Looks great
>>
>>9068154
Shout out to this anon for sending me down a Playmobil rabbit hole for the last hour and convincing me to buy into this toy line. I want a skeleton army and spooky lich so bad.
>>9068909
Apparently it isn't out yet but it's a Novelmore set, the skeletons will be released blind box style. Every site has these listed as coming July. I'm going to stock up on a few knights til then.
>>
>>9068154
So they finally did something great?
>>
>>9067231
fucking want

>>9067541
>>more like
>>Sie dort, bewegen Sie sich entlang

>>9068154
Fantastic

>>9067542
the classic shitter
>>
File: yurtb.jpg (239 KB, 600x900)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>9067045
dark souls set when
>>
>>9066698
Not really, even as a kid it seemed like the lamest possible toys. LEGO like figures without the building, shit playsets too.
>>
>>9067541
Goddamn pushy prussians.
>>
>>9071790
Considering the size of the bridge, this thing is going to be huge. Clickies are almos 1/18 in size.
>>
File: IMG_7410.png (1.37 MB, 1600x833)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>9071787
>>9071790
>>9071930
>More license stuff
>>
File: PlaymoEmperorThrone.jpg (274 KB, 793x1079)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>9067542
I got that one. Good stuff.
>>
>>9068963
I don't get this mentality that Playmobil is bad, or ever was bad, or whatever. They are consistently putting out entire toylines with tons of creativity, great playsets with massive amounts of accessories and features, and awesome vehicles. Heres some of my favorites from the past 10 years or so.
>>
>>9072691
It's LEGO cope and seething.
>>
>>9072691
Anon, playmobil is based & anyone who says otherwise is a weeb / consoomer. What are your favorite floating boats?
>>
>>9073676
ah, its pride month I see
>>
>>9068154
/ssg/ will have a field day when this set gets released
>>
>>9067196
Had playmobil ever made modern war themed figs/sets?
>>
>>9072691
This, also comparing them to LEGOs is stupid
>>
File: animals2.jpg (1.25 MB, 2242x2242)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
always liked how the playmobil animals looked. If I had room the zoo sets would be really fun
>>
>>9068154
Going by some item description and some pictures it appears the figures will have a LED light inside their heads that will light the eyes up wirelessly when they are placed in the center of the altar!
>>
>>9072691
That clam looks hilarious and I kinda want it.
>>
>>9079156
Oh damn, those are some nice ducks.

And the geese too... what are the odds those are available these days?
>>
File: 70750.jpg (95 KB, 788x809)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
It appears we've got the first renders of the A-Team.

>>9080619
Check the reference 70083.
If you live in Europe it may also be easy to buy them on ebay or from the official spare part service.
>>
>>9080846
dumb
>>
>>9080846
nice. i've always wanted the a team van
>>
>>9080846
Well shit. I started a "car collection" in lego with the mystery machine and ecto 1, but I'm starting to think I need to jump on the playmobil toy car bandwagon.

I'm betting I missed out on Ecto 1 though.
>>
>>9080846
I hope Playmobil doesn't fall into the same trap that NECA and so many other toy companies by making boomer toys.
>>
File: 70083.jpg (152 KB, 709x767)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>9080846
>Check the reference 70083.
Hey, thanks anon.

It's a bit frustrating that the websites I checked don't date their shit the way lego does, so I have no idea if this set is from a few weeks ago or ten years ago, but the set has three pretty perfect "horrible goose" poses so I'll have to track it down.
>>
>>9080962
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=70083
It's from a couple years ago, so it should be easily available. No reason to wait any longer to buy it cause if anything it'll be in the process of slowly phasing out until another goose-centric set.
>>
>>9066698
I used to love Playmos, especially the medieval sets and managed to get the Bell Tower.
I haven't bought one in years, maybe because I don't care for the current licenced sets.
>>
>>9081572
I unironically recommend novelmore. I didn't like it at first, but once I got the basic idea of the story I let my imagination run wild and now I like it. Basically, I imagined that the world of Novelmore is post-apocalyptic. The conflict between the raiders and blue guys is basically all about industrialization; blue guys are the the cusp of rediscovering it, and the raiders guys, who have some record of the horror that ended the world and want to stop it. The raiders purposefully waged a control war to destroy and or stop progress.
>>
So, it's official that startrek line? I need to see where Im gonna put that spaceship if it's true
>>
>>9081785
I not even knew that Novelmore was an animated series. But if you had to do such effort to like it...
I will watch it anyway, someday.
>>
>>9083495
it doesn't, as far as i know. I made most of that up. The only thing that's actually canon to Novelmore is that the blue guys are technologically advanced
>>
Did anyone notice lately the increase in prices? You used to get bigger box for the same price/smaller boxes would cost less. One of Playmobil advantages were their high value for low cost so I'm a bit declined to buy new sets as I used to, though I still buy ('ll upload pics later). I think their best new theme and current theme in general is Magic, it has such great play value and designs, I hope they'll continue.

Did you see the new upcoming Ayuma theme? https://amclicks.org/foro/novedades-playmobil/nuevas-hadas/45/ https://amclicks.org/foro/novedades-playmobil/nuevas-hadas/60/
It's look like delayed Lego Elves ripoff. The playsets and the accessories look great and are new, but the clickys are abhorrently ugly which is a great shame and huge bummer. They should've gone with Super4 or even Spirit style look instead of that uggu animu face with the overdetailed clothes.

>>9067231
>>9071787
>>9071790
>>9071930
>>9080846
The licenseshitting starts to worry me, at this rate they will become Lego 2.0. The only licenseshit I want to see more is car models because it's just one-two set and they could make up anything with it.
>>
>>9084705
I've only noticed the increase in shipping prices.
>>
>>9084705
IDC that playset is absolutely nuts. Working waterfall feature that then makes plants and mushrooms grow?! Are you fucking kidding me?! This is insanely cool.
>>
>>9066698
New castles look so bad compared with old sets
>>
>>9071787
wasnt this a fanmade fake?
>>
Have Playmobil ever made caveman/dinosaurs/prehistoric sets?
>>
>>9090339
That little arsonist is firing up his cave

>>9090269
There was a time when Playmo only did "realistic" sets. So since dinos and people never coexisted there wasn't any dino set.
But I can't talk for nu Playmo.
>>
>>9080846
Do you order the spare parts by phone or their website?
>>
Has Playmobil ever done a sealab type set?
>>
>>9091373
You could probably repurpose the old Space Station set.
>>
File: LosSparePartos.jpg (81 KB, 1258x477)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>9091285
From the website. If you live in an applicable country you just go to the official website and scroll all the way down. There you write the reference number without spaces and add the pieces to the cart. The pages for the sets may also have a button to list the pieces and add them to the cart straight from there.

There are other means to order (I've read about email), but I haven't tried them. If you use the spare part service from the online shop you can combine your order with regular sets in order to get free shipping or whatever.

You can use instruction sheets or sitles like playmodb.org to check the reference humbers you want.
>>
>>9067541
>>9070632
I think that is a famous scene of german character. That has to be the Hauptman von Köpenik.

>>9068966
>Sie da, nu bewegen sie sich mal weg da, wa!
Needs more Berlin slang
>>
>>9091373
by the way, fuck adult swim
>>
>>9090339
Seeing these prehistoric set, now I wish that Playmobil could get the license of the Bone Age toyline or make a similar series and bring back these prehistoric sets with bone creatures as a war bone mechs of sorts, some sort of prehistoric battles between clans with some type of promortial magic that can let the caveman shaman reanimate old big dino skeletons
>>
File: mammoth.jpg (45 KB, 400x300)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>9096069
You should track this set down if you can, that's probably quite close to what you're looking for, although it's the only set of its kind.
>>
>>9096928
This is so cool
Thanks
>>
>>9088253
The pictures may be early internal mockups, but the item appears to be very real.

A number of sellers including Entertainment Earth already have it for preorder.
>Where's Captain Kirk? Why he's on the bridge of the Playmobil 70548 Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Playset! Quite possibly the biggest and most deluxe Playmobil playset created up to this point, this 42-inch long, 18-inch wide starship includes electronic lights and sounds that can be controlled by your smart device! It includes a display cradle, plus wire for ceiling suspension if that's your preferred means of display. The set includes a marvelous ship modeled after its appearance on the original series, plus figures and accessories. You'll get Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy, Ensign Chekov, Lt. Uhura, Captain James T. Kirk, Mr. Spock, Lt. Sulu, and of course Chief Engineer Montgomery "Scott" Scotty. That's a lot of fun in one big box!
>The saucer section of the Enterprise opens up to show a full 1966-style bridge play environment. What's more, the body of the ship opens up on the side to show you an engineering room. Other accessories and electronic surprises are coming as well, so don't miss the iconic ship!
>>
bump
>>
>>9080846
I skipped the mystery machine, the delorean, and ecto one because I don't care about cars that much...

But well, now I have to figure out where the hell I'd put this.
>>
File: playmobil-01.jpg (180 KB, 1102x800)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
$500
>>
>>9108273
>500$
>licenseshit
Playmobil gone full Lego...
>>
Star Trek exclusive @ 500 bucks

If it was SW millennium falcon maybe but if you had a budget limit to spend what would that amount be , what franchise and what would that set be of
>>
There's no fucking licenses I want them to get because their toys are better when they're unlicensed. They actually have some imagination then.
>>
>>9109028
>>9109095
>because their toys are better when they're unlicensed
This
I'm not against license shit, but PM should keep making more unlicensed sets, Medieval, Prehistoric, Ancient Egypt, Rome, sets are great
IDK if PM have made chinese army sets like inspired from the 3 kingdoms tales or some shit like that, Native american sets would be cool, old west stuff and some precolombinan sets would goat
Just imagine, you can make a Age of Empire army diorama with stuff like that
>>
>>9109219
>>9109095
>>9109028
They can do both , the pros of doing licence products is that they can be adapted to original lines but I dont see much evidence recently
>>
>>9109095
I only want car companies licenseshit, because vehicles are always fun and the sets are still original.

>>9109219
Aztec and Inca would be amazing.

>Age of Empire
>video game
You just keep making it worse.

>>9109511
>They can do both
>they can be adapted to original lines
Imagine being this gullible fool. No, I don't want Playmobil to go the same dark path as NuLego which seems they're going for.
>>
The problem with license shit is it's always so beholden to the property so there's hardly ever anything interesting. Playmobil is at its best when it's making giant, unique sets with tons of little details, accessories and features and most licenses will never have enough stuff to be able to be interesting. Compare the star trek ship to some of their unlicensed space playsets that were half the size and 1/5th the price. Or look at a toyline like star wars, despite being massive and having tons of vehicles and playsets over the years, are many of them original at all or just tiny versions of what you see on screen? Like the giant Jabbas sail barge that came out, it at least added in a cool prison cell with an alien skeleton and a kitchen full of alien food, which were OC. But the rest of the thing felt pretty bare and is just something to stand a bunch of figures in. So even being 3 feet long and hundreds of dollars AND adding in 2 unique "toy" rooms it still feels fucking boring, and that's how all license stuff will feel.

Playmobil is good because, up until recently, they haven't cared and licenses and make the best toy possible from the ground up. If they start making license shit they have to reproduce things as close as possible and that means no imagination, no creativity.
>>
>>9110682
>Age of Empire
>video game
>You just keep making it worse.
It was an example anon, no need to get your panties on a twist
>>
>>9110713
>Playmobil is good because, up until recently, they haven't cared and licenses and make the best toy possible from the ground up. If they start making license shit they have to reproduce things as close as possible and that means no imagination, no creativity
This

>>9110715
>It was an example anon
A bad one that is.
>>
>>9110897
>A bad one that is.
Still an example
Age of Empire was an example of the type of setting of battling armies you can make with historic PM sets, like Aztec, Inca, Chinese, etc
>>
File: PlaymoOrcBard.jpg (159 KB, 936x758)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
Nice, I got to feel the orc's shield and the bard's cape through the blind bags.
>>
>>9114591
What is that little house that closes/open like a book in the back? Closer pics?
>>
>>9108273
Would have REALLY cool if the saucer had a wider ring around the bridge that could house a transporter room, the sickbay and maybe a crew quarter. The neck should have a Jeffries tube that goes to main engineering and in the back there should a shuttle bay with a small non-figure scale shuttle.
>>
File: PlaymoTavernFullView.jpg (237 KB, 1402x873)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>9114608
It's the 9112 pirate tavern. I got two of them and completed them with the 6464 medieval party (playmobil+) and other stuff.
The floor tiles of the tavern don't allow for 100% modularity in this arrangement, but the gaps are not a big deal especially on a table/shelf with wood finish. I intend on buying another single floor tile to allow the use of the fourth wall if I want to.
>>
File: PlaymoTavernAllToast.jpg (213 KB, 1168x876)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>
>>9114737
>>9114740
Anon, this is really cool!
Thanks for sharing
>>
>>9114591
What's the red haired giant doing in the background?
>>
File: PlaymoJjuno.jpg (225 KB, 1027x808)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>9116796
Actually she was just a traveller from another realm minding her own business and fixing her drone, but we just decided to invite another redhead giantess to the party.
>>
>>9108359
Thats the only way to survive. Easy marketing because you have a brand name. Best option is, the license giver makes enough advertising for his property. Thats why you pay for a license.
>>
>>9108273
>four hundred and ninety nine us dollars
>>
>>9124648
Ues
>>
I really like Playmobil. The cars specifically, there's just something very satisfying and tactile about them. Picked up the VW Beetle and it's a nice little set. I don't mind the licensed stuff so much since a lot of it is cars and as I say I like those, I have the DeLorean and that's pretty great desu. The Enterprise is a step in the wrong direction though. Too expensive, too big, and no real play value.
>>
File: 70578b.jpg (129 KB, 900x664)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Features of James Bond's Aston Martin.

Also it looks like the A-Team is going to cost 80€? That's a retarded price especially when you notice that the 9360 set costs 55€.
>>
>>9120843
I love it. I don't recognize the second red head giantess though. What land does she hail from?
>>
>>9131866
>9360 set
Cool vehicle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeF0OHZgvaA
>>
File: Mad-Max-Fury-9.jpg (144 KB, 780x521)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Post Apocaliptic sets (similar to Mad Max or Gaslands) when?
Not based directly on licenses and more like inspired by
>>
>>9126228
>I don't mind the licensed stuff so much since a lot of it is car
Not exactly, I wish it was the case, see the new Start Trek.
>I have the DeLorean and that's pretty great desu
Same, I don't even care so much about BTTF, it's just a great car and overall great set.

>>9131866
That toyetic af, it's the same thing that was with DeLorean; accurate while sturdy and fun.
>>
>>9091380
I still have that base somewhere. Maybe even the box too.
>>
File: Mars Research Vehicle.jpg (206 KB, 940x658)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
i always wanted this set, i really like lighthearted space aesthetic
>>
>>9148813
It's $40 and came out 2 years ago and can still easily be bought online and probably in some stores. What do you mean always and why haven't you bought it
>>
bump
Will upload pic/s tomorrow.
>>
File: Mermaid family Playmobil.jpg (1.12 MB, 3645x2150)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>9084705
>>9155598
Sorry it took me so long.
I love this set, it's prefect and fun, imho the best one from the mermaid magic theme.
I tend to prefer their fantasy themes over the rest, a dwarf family set in the future could be neat too.
>>
>>9157234
This was a nice Special set.
I always like when they do demonic female clickys, wish it happen more often.
>>
>>9157241
Last, but not least, my awesome clicky couple.
>>
File: Jjuno Swamp 1.png (1.85 MB, 1333x1000)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>9134207
Not the same anon, but she's Jjuno the Crusher from Mythic Legions.

Here's the general
>>9113081

She's pretty pricy now on the 2nd market, but you might get lucky at BBTS if someone drops their preorder, or at the weekly mystery stock sales the Four Horseman have every Friday. https://store-horsemen.myshopify.com/
>>
>>9157243
Cute couple
>>
>>9120843
Wholesome! Love your works anon!
>>
>>9155598
Ok
>>
>>9164417
Already did...
>>
File: E51YEw7WEAI3E10.jpg (47 KB, 490x653)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>
File: E6HyNg1X0AEsQZx.jpg (777 KB, 2064x1548)
777 KB
777 KB JPG
>>
File: E6bR-iYXIAAnmeP.jpg (385 KB, 1200x630)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>
>>9080846
>>
>>9171594
>>
>>
>>
File: E6WImQLVcAswQxS.jpg (23 KB, 290x365)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>
>>9171609
>The communicators flip up
>Come with tribbles
>Spock has evil eyes
>Sulu has squinty chinamen eyes
>>
>>9171383
Cool, wish it was a real set.

>>9171594
>>9171599
>>9171603
They really packed some great play value, in away more than usual, but I don't think I care about it enough like the DeLorean.

>>9171609
>500$ licenseshit
Still don't care.

>>9172041
>>Spock has evil eyes
They tried to give him those weird eyebrows he has. IDK about the rest.
Wait, so Trekkies don't like this set? What is the consensus about it?
>>
>>9171594
>>9171599
>>9171603
I hope one day they'll get a TMNT license
>>
File: FunkoXPlaymobil.jpg (169 KB, 1600x802)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>9172086
TMNT clickys would be lame...they already did big ones cooperating with Funko.
>>
File: Clicky comparison.jpg (33 KB, 750x1000)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>9172094
>>
>>9172094
>>9172096
but a playset would be awesome
specially the partywagon
>>
>>9172116
Playmates already did playlists and vehicles... what's the point if the the figures are lame?
>>
>>9172084
I like it, I just can't afford it. I greatly appreciate they give you parts to either display stand it, or hang it from the ceiling.

>>9172094
>>9172096
There's so many different TMNT lines and sublines out now, I'm glad I still have all my old ones and don't have to bother with rebuying the same 8 characters 7 different times.
>>
>>9173061
>I like it, I just can't afford it
Bummer anon, I hope you'll be able to get it somehow.
>>
Yo, I heard you loved licenses.
https://www.toynews-online.biz/2021/07/20/playmobil-to-launch-first-series-of-asterix-play-sets-in-2022/
>>
>>9172094
>>9172096
I skipped on these because they were too big
now I regret it
>>
>>9178615
Eh, could be worse.
>>
>>9178615
For most Amerifats, that's not well known enough that it could pass as an OC line.
>>
>>9178615
>>9178774
That's not too bad actually! Would prefer regular accurate toys, but these could be fun and fit the fantasy aesthetic of Playmobil like the Dragons line.
>>
>>9178615
This will give us A LOT of great houses
>>
>>9072691
Are these upcoming sets?? I want that castle in the bottom left corner of your pic! And the clam as well!
>>
>>9080953
>I'm betting I missed out on Ecto 1 though.
Nope. Still on Amazon for retail price. You missed the 1-A though.
>>
>>9182185
Can you read you stupid faggot? Why don't you try it? You remind me of the dipshits that try to buy things on facebook marketplace- "Here is this thing for sale. It's $100. You can pick it up at this location."
RESPONSES: "OMG IS IT FOR SALE?? HOW MUCH??" "WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED??" "CAN I BUY THIS?" "WOULD YOU SELL THIS FOR $20?" "IS THIS AVAILABLE FOR SALE?" "ARE YOU IN TEXAS?" "DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?" "HOW MUCH IS IT??"

kill yourself
>>
>>9110713
>TONS of unlicensed sets
>Playmobil does a very very tiny percentage of licensed sets per year
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
STFU. Just STFU. Good Lord, please STFU. The licensed sets are barely a blip in their output, and lots of them repurpose parts from previous sets (like Scooby Doo reused tons of older sets and pieces). Jesus Christ, the amount of screeching over everything not 100% catering to YOU is so fucking tiresome. I'm sorry if a single A-Team van throws off your plan to purchase 100% of the 2021 catalog. The Ghostbusters Firehouse and Scooby Doo Haunted Mansion are incredible playsets you crybaby.
>>
>>9182215
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Goddamn you have the temperament of a Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Child. I don't hover on every fucking word someone shits out here and it's the last sentence, which still could include upcoming sets. Fucking change your goddamn diaper you histrionic faggot.
>>
>>9182215
>No item number
>not on playmobil's website
>not showing up on amazon either
>no examples on ebay for sale
Oh Noes, how DARE anyone assume that one fucking set isn't out yet!

Can any non-assholes post a set number for that castle?
>>
>>9182210
right in the feels anon
>>
Thoughts on this?
>>
File: 70024 Spain.jpg (399 KB, 1127x604)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>9189917
Cool but overpriced. I'm not familiar with the US market, so I don't know if you can expect it to be available on playmobil.us anytime soon.

The official price is much lower than that, and afaik official prices are similar if/when the sets are released in the US.
>>
Has the Fall catalog leaked yet?
>>
WWII set when?
>>
>>9202924
i think you can buy customs somewhere
>>
>>9195522
It's up. The new cars, Star Trek, Ayuma, etc. are included.
Everdreamerz is dropped completely. We can only hope they'll release Series 4 in 2022. The previous series didn't interest me at all, but this was the fantasy themed one featuring the amazing witch wagon.

http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/KATALOG_DE_2021_2

You can change the _DE_ part for other countries, like
http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/KATALOG_UK_2021_2

The contents are a bit different from each other.
>>
>>9072691
The dimetrodon set looks cool. Does anyone have the code for it?
>>
>>9211352
5235 it seems.
>>
File: 0-0-dino-rise.jpg (313 KB, 1677x1192)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
I saw these in a little mom and pop toy store today. Does Playmobil ever go on sale? I'm dying for some Dino Riders action and Mattel isn't playing ball, but these are steep.
>>
>>9210186
>http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/KATALOG_UK_2021_2

Did they dial back the Series 20 figures (meant to come out end of july) back to series 19?
>>
>>9214436
They often do like 20-50% discount sales in their official online stores (newer items naturally tend to get worse discounts). It's also not uncommon for some retailers to offer lower prices by default or do similar sales.
Some of the recent sets seem overpriced. I guess you can wait and see if the market puts them at more sensible prices one way or another. Playmobil makes toys in very large numbers and they usually stay available for quite some time. I'm definitely waiting for a price drop of the fucking 80€ A-Team.

>>9220484
Both series 19 and 20 are featured in the catalogue in random-ish pages, I guess with the intention to fill leftover spaces.
They are even available in the store already. https://www.playmobil.co.uk/onlineshop/products/figures
>>
File: Music Room.png (595 KB, 940x658)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
>>9221193
>Both series 19 and 20 are featured in the catalogue in random-ish pages, I guess with the intention to fill leftover spaces.
Oh good, because I want that tuba.

And also debating this so the tuba doesn't get lonely.
>>
>>9223238
>and a literal pile of plastic waste.
Is that supposed to be what? sand?
I guess you can paint them gold and pretend that is gold coins
>>
>>9223238
So they just filled them with uncast plastic?
>>
>>9068154
That's fucken brutal.
>>
>>9223238
>>9224510
>>9225279
I assume that's intended to make the blind boxes weigh the same so you can't predict who's inside?
>>
>>9214436
to add to the other comment mentioning their website sales, I've found Amazon frequently discounts Playmobil, often better than PM themselves. But the website has a shit ton of exclusives, including the port-a-potty
>>
>>9223238
NGL, those pellets are tempting. Not just for painting as gold coins, but as diorama filler, and possibly for home injection molding.
>>
>>9066698
Check out this rare mechanical arcade game that uses playmobil trains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VfIzqEAZs
>>
>>9226597
And maybe stop items moving so your cant hear or feel what is moving.
>>
>>9225279
>>9223238
These are pellets used as animal food in playmobil
>>
File: screaming bugs bunny.jpg (83 KB, 500x552)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>9214436
These look pretty coo-GOOD GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR EYES
>>
>>9210186
Thanks anon!

There isn't much of new stuff.
Ayuma has great playsets, but most of the clickies are ugly as sin. They should've stayed with Spirit level of detail/style.

Top Agents set 70232 with the ice trike, but not really new.

The water park theme is terrific and fun looking.

The Novelmore wizard clan still seems messy.

The Bond set looks great (I hope Playmobil will reuse the passenger ejector seat gimmick for other vehicles in the future) , but seems too expensive.

As far as "new" stuff goes, I'm mostly excited for the Magic Advent Calendar set.

>>9223238
Big oof
>Playmobil finally cave in and adapt all the evils of modern toy companies

>>9230101
>painting as gold coins
Sounds like pain in the ass.
>>
So is this line good?
>>
>>9249235
Playsets? Yes
Clickies? Hell no
>>
>>9249235
Solid set, but faces look gross
>>
>>9249274
Thats the animation faces. Since they decided to make a cartoon alonside, they use them as prints.
>>
Bump
Not gonna let the comfy Playmobil thread die so soon
>>
>>9254005
Than talk about something? Like:
Quite interesting that Playmobil goes the Lego route. I mean not last year, but 5-10 years.
Licenses like Star Trek, Scooby Doo, Dragon Rider or VW/Porsche
Tries more unique self created IPs like Ayuma or Novelmore.
More focus on girls lines.
Figure blindboxes, besides they had figure blisters already.
And if you want to remember the Movie!

>>9087974
Because the old castles were nice to build, but it was also a pain in the ass to assemble them. The x-system was a good middle ground if i remember it correctly.
Guess they wanted to distance them from Lego.
>>
File: D-k9JEvX4AAvIoE.jpg (91 KB, 1200x508)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>9255930
>And if you want to remember the Movie!
Concerns about the plot and characters aside, I still hope and want this toy, although as one of the few people who saw the movie, I suspect I'm the only one.

Maybe she'll show up in a future space theme.
>>
>>9256500
Honestly I did enjoy the movie, plot wasn't all that good, but still enjoyable, and I like the figures that were released, I like more the movie eyes than the main line eyes, but that's my opinion
>>
>>9256500
>>9256799
Never saw the movie. After the bad talk, i skipped it. Maybe if it airs on free-tv i will give it a go.

>>9256500
And isnt that just not-Jabba the Hutt? Why would you want it? Hope you are not a fat fetishist. I can see that some might want monster girls to look like monsters, kinda sunbersion of that every female monster looks like a model!
>>
>>9248312
>Sounds like pain in the ass.
Spray paint is a thing. I mean, if you want to get all autistic with a brush, you do you
>>
File: Playmobil Movie T-Rex.png (1.38 MB, 1250x625)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>9256799
>I like the figures that were released,
>>9257155
>Never saw the movie.
Sadly, the toys I was excited for, the off brand Jabba and the chonky t-rex redesign, were both major movie spoilers that weren't included in the first wave (The t-rex ended up on pic related dvd cover because "fuck it", I guess). And with how bad the movie did, the second wave was quietly cancelled outright - we never saw the line up save for the previews of the second wave of collectible blind bag figures completing all the secondary movie characters.

>>9257155
>And isnt that just not-Jabba the Hutt?
Yeah, they don't exactly hide it. That's why she has not-R2D2 serving her drinks, and not-greedos as bodyguards.

>And isnt that just not-Jabba the Hutt? Why would you want it?
I mean, you answered your own question. I wanted the knock off Jabba the hutt so I can have a mafia slug alien in my sci fi displays without it being "THE" Jabba (who is a big toy to begin with). Because it's Playmobil, I assume the toy would be semi-articulated and light enough to work in both 6" and 3 3/4" set ups too. Plus it would either have come in a small set with just her throne and guards to carry her around like a palanquin, or it would have come in a bigger set to include the teleporter-portal machine thing she uses to execute people, another generic sci fi toy playset thingy I could find a use for.
>>
File: imaginex alien.jpg (17 KB, 498x339)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>9257155
>>9258686
>I can see that some might want monster girls to look like monsters, kinda sunbersion of that every female monster looks like a model!

Yeah, most toys are humans or humans with weird heads, and so I'm always eager to pick up some monsters and aliens who aren't two armed two legged athletic supermen or supermodels.

Like, look at this fucking dude. I love him. He's a big weird frog alien that also works as a ghostbusters ghost depending on what's out on my shelf.
>>
>>9258686
>save for the previews
Are there any pics online?
>I can have a mafia slug alien
Ok, thats valid
>>
>>9258689
Dont mind monster model men/women. But really scary monsters are under used.
>>
>>9258965
>Are there any pics online?
Actually, yes.

It looks like series two might have been released after all? It must have been very limited or regional if so, because both of the major toy stores with Playmobil in my area are still sitting on wave 1 bags.
>>
>>9255930
>Than talk about something
I did, I even posted pics of my clickies.
>Quite interesting that Playmobil goes the Lego route
More like bad desu.
>More focus on girls lines
I disagree about that, they had Princess and Fairies for a long time...I think they just have more themes in general.
>Figure blindboxes
Greatest evil, even outdoing Lego.
>the Movie!
I hate the new clicky face designs (but less worse than new Ayuma) and only saw the trailer. I wanted the Food Truck set, but never saw it on sale in stores.

>>9258689
Imaginext is really underrated.

>>9258686
>>9258965
>>save for the previews
>Are there any pics online?
Seconding this
>>
https://youtu.be/aIRmnHXcgqE
>>
>>9067542
with playmobil making licensed shit now and this being the same vague shape, I'm surprised they haven't vied for the Doctor Who license even if the show is shit now. I'd buy classic doctors and a classic tardis console
>>
>>9259404
>It looks like series two might have been released after all?
It seems like series 2 was actually released, IDK if it was limited or not

Video review for series 2
>https://youtu.be/InNwD1tlEhE

Series 1
>https://youtu.be/2GbYKvao3Uk
>>
File: Series 2 Leaflet.jpg (40 KB, 375x400)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>9259404
>>9260327
You could buy them in Germany.
>>
>>9259406
I love the food truck and I'm disappointed they haven't reused that mold yet, I really want it in white, preferably as BTTF1 Doc Brown's truck (don't care about inaccuracies)
>>
>>9262127
I don't follow the theme, but out of curiosity I checked some pics and found the 4290 ship.

Seen here @15:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRj0Q_CSgeo
>>
>>9087974
Awesome
>>
>>9114591
>>9114737
>>9114740
>>9120843

This is really great anon, love the fucking variety in the characters, the food, objects and furniture, this playset is terrific
>>
File: Playmobil Asterix.jpg (103 KB, 1078x744)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Supposedly the first picture of the Astérix sets has just appeared.
The figures can't be seen in much detail, but the buildings look fantastic!
>>
>>9269817
nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoU9FWpHlNA&list=PLMp3z6971ESR7YjvR5-N51I3GmADh4JsY&index=3
>>
https://youtu.be/LLnEuWpcPn8
>>
File: Playmobil2022-Cover.jpg (80 KB, 720x960)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Some pages of the 2022 catalogue have surfaced.

A number of the new references are the usual suspects like new policemen, horses, home and stuff. No Novelmore pages yet.
>>
File: Playmobil2022-Ayuma.jpg (222 KB, 957x668)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
I'm quite liking this bat fairy lair on the left. Not sure what to make out of the furniture/treasure/jewelry thing on the right.
>>
File: Playmobil2022-Cars.jpg (17 KB, 473x668)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Mini Cooper.
Playmobil already had the Porsche license, so I'm not sure how new or desirable that one will be.
>>
File: Playmobil2022-Duck.jpg (394 KB, 1892x668)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
Kid's toy line with a duck in rescue roles.
>>
File: Playmobil2022-Figures.jpg (252 KB, 1193x731)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
SNAKE TITS
>>
File: Playmobil2022-Asterix.jpg (631 KB, 1000x2399)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
Better quality Astérix pics. This line will be painful in shelf space, wallet funds, or both.
>>
>>9274887
Guess they want some Paw Patrol bucks?
>>
>>9274881
That is a spring festival playset. The stoneface decides which kind of faery the young faery will become. Kinda like the magic hat from Harry Potter.
>>
>>9274889
>Minifigures Dracula
>Bat on a chain
I find that funny
>>
>>9274893
I can see that this will underperform. Too many houses. Too expensive. They should have test the water with one house. Than additional playsets like festival. Maybe a tree, roadhog, Obelix and a roman legionary.
>>
>>9274887
Where is the ducking toy of him?
>>
>>9275922
In all the big vehicle sets and the playset,
>>
>>9275398
Everyone wants the PAW Patrol bucks.
>>
>>9275434
>I can see that this will underperform. Too many houses. Too expensive.
I can see it doing ok if they release a half wave of HTTYD or something to be like "You could use these viking houses for your other toys too!"
>>
>>9279798
Still do you buy that many houses? Vehicles ok, but playsets or houses? And as far as i can see there is less play features. This is mostly just backdrops.
>>
The houses will likely have a detailed interior space and accessories, so they are more than just backdrops. The argument of how many would you buy can be made about any big toyline. Do you buy every Marvel Legends figure each year? No, but other people will, depending on their favorites.

I think I'm getting the bard's and the chief's houses, and I'm sure a number of people will be getting the whole village. Astérix has a very strong following in Europe and on top of that this subline blends with Playmobil's historic themes very well.

They still have other iconic houses to do if they want. The fisherman's and the blacksmith's shop are recognizable yet all around useful houses.
>>
>>9282576
>The houses will likely have a detailed interior space and accessories, so they are more than just backdrops.
So they will be expensive but mostly used as backdrop if you have 1+ house.
>The argument of how many would you buy can be made about any big toyline.
You should define big toylines. Because most toylines have playsets. Not just a house with interior. So the question always rises why buy another house? Even will dollhouses and play and pretend the question is in the room and the producer try to make it different. MotU has castle, monsters and playset with snakepuppet with different playfeatures. Here you dont even get a legionary fortification.
>Do you buy every Marvel Legends figure each year? No, but other people will, depending on their favorites.
You are right. They are completists i would ask the same question. Similar to the dolls fans. But they dont take that much space or cost a less than a house.
>I think I'm getting the bard's and the chief's houses,
And thats ok. I can understand that from a collectors perspective
>and I'm sure a number of people will be getting the whole village.
Dont know, they probably already have that metal/hardrubber village. Maybe hardcore fans.
>on top of that this subline blends with Playmobil's historic themes very well.
Thats what is good about it. But for expensive license stuff kinda too expensive. And biggest customer are still kids.
>They still have other iconic houses to do if they want. The fisherman's and the blacksmith's shop are recognizable yet all around useful houses.
Which you could do, but the question is if kids want to recreate that scene? I would say they want to play the stories, not the running gags. You can see that it is designed for high profit. they made big sets, with houses which they can sell better overpriced. Let alone the main characters are only in the biggest set.
>>
File: IMG_20210903_133851.jpg (1.76 MB, 2047x1423)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
Just discovered Playmobil with these small series pack.

€1.19 a figure here in NL.

Not even mad with the doubles, since i can mix and match a bunch of them up.
>>
File: IMG_20210903_134302.jpg (1.81 MB, 2048x1536)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>
>>9285892
Best is to mix heads. So you can armybuild. Or teambuild.
>>
Bump
>>
>>9285875
The Astérix brand is huge, toyetic for kids and popular and well-regarded with parents. Playmobil is a toyline that outputs new knight factions with their respective castles every other year, plus a myriad other buildings in many sublines. Buildings work. Buy one and you get inside and outside spaces; buy two and you get two inside spaces and a legit street space outside. My worry is not that I think it's a bad idea to make them; it's that I want these so much, lol.
>>
>>9290115
Playmobil knigh castles are different than Aterix houses. It is always a playset. You got prison cells, trapdoors, elevators/cells, main gate, canons, destroyable secret entrances and walls.
A knights castle is mostly just a wall with playfeature buildings. There is no throne room, no sleeping rooms.
Other buildings are dollhouses or special activity rooms like schoolrooms or hospitals.
But Asterix and his adventures are not happening in houses. He isnt a doctor or a chefkoch. One house is fine, but three? That is more like a dollhouse and girl like Asterix, but mostly it is a boy theme and boys dont buy that many houses.
>>
And there was already a village series.
>>
>>9290255
>>
File: Obelix House.png (1.74 MB, 1024x890)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
And other toys keep it to te most important houses, like Obelix house
>>
File: asterix-house.jpg (63 KB, 500x500)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>9290267
Or Asterix house
For Asterox you only need one house and the walls. Every other house is neat for completionists or village builders, but for everyone else meh.
>>
>>9071787
SULU GOT SLIT EYES HAHA
>>
https://youtu.be/HYyJgVJzbPY
>>
>>9294296
Impressive. The only downer. No Hunchback of Notredam in the tower!
>>
>>9274893
Asterix look really lazy and off. It seems they didn't even try to simulate his kinda mullet back hair. The helmet also is comically huge and unproportioned compared to his playmobil kid body.

I will bite and get Obelix and the rest of the villagers. Probably the ending feasting table box. Not huge on the buildings, but I'd be really tempted to get a roman coliseum or the camps they always have around the village. Also I wonder if we can get more Egypt stuff thanks to the Cleopatra storyline.
>>
>>9295436
I agree with the figures. They look more like the movie versins than the comic
>>
File: file.png (3.53 MB, 1920x1344)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB PNG
Anons, I haven't bought Playmobil well in over 15 years. But yesterday I stumbled upon your general, found out about new licenses, and bought (a fucking pre-order on playmobil, lol) pic related simply because I would have instantly creamed my pants had this released two decades ago.
So yeah, that's my blog. Like and subscribe.
>>
https://youtu.be/oKG5Eel9bY8
>>
File: PlaymoVanPrices.jpg (164 KB, 830x917)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>9295760
I love the idea of a Playmobil A-Team and I want that set, but I'm going to gamble and wait for a lower price or sale at physical retail or amazon.
I'm not liking the prices of these new licensed products. 80€ may not be a lot by collector toy prices and Playmobil knows it, but I think they can do cheaper even if they have to pay for a license.
>>
>>9296552
Thats cool!
>>
>>9073676
We built this one for the kids recently. It´s kinda awful as a construction toy, but it´s not any worse than the Playmobil offers in the same category. It´s also rugged as fuck and replacing parts is easy on account of it being made from bricks.
>>
>>9297591
>>9295760
Playmobil really inovates themself. I think it started all with the knights and girl fantasy lines 5 years ago. I mean when they started to make these wolf soldiers, ogres and mermaid line.
>>
>>9297700
Retard, they've always been innovative. 15 years ago they were making toys with solar powered fans and lights and lasers that could blow off pieces of enemy RC cars.
>>
>>9297733
What you mean is 10 years old. And that was the start.
Besides i dont say that they are not innovative, do you remember the police set with foot prints. But i mean as a company they started to reimagine themself. They build more IPs now, go for trends or licensed stuff. I mean Scooby Doo? A-Team? Thats cool. Not everyone likes license things, foremost when original or classic lines suffer from that. But Dragonriders? Who would have thought. 15 years ago they were still traditional and started to make innovative stuff.
>>
>>9297895
Did you just try correcting me? What the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch?this offends me honest to god fucking hope your mother chokes on her FECES in HELL you COCKSUCKER. I fucking hate you, you fucking scum bag piece of shit cumstain, and I hope you die in a fire screaming。Next time l catch your grubby hands on the keyboard I'm going to personally fucking cut them off and insert them so far into your asshole and mouth that you shake hands with yourself in the middle。I have came to the conclusion that you、in whole、are actually retarded I'm not saying this as an insult- I'm saying this because l've now understood that you are severely mentally handicapped。Fuck you, you piece of shit, I hope you die in the fiery pits of hell I will fucking slam that swivel chair of yours down to the ground, fuck everything about you, know what fuck your house, fuck your car, and fuck you. l swear to god if you dont fucking tell me who you are I will get your IP right now and I will leak all of your information including your birth date, name, address, parents, phone number, credit card information, lover, sexuality, criminal records, social security number, and I will put it on twitter, 4chan, Instagram, backroom websites on the deep web, and Iwill make your life so fucked upAnd also fuck you and your helicoptersill have you know l ama black belt in kujenkenbo was the fastest man known to live to get a belt in that speed、Tled my gym to revolution against our sensei which we won because of ME!Trust me buddy if you know what l did to sensei shegaulonaki you wouldnt type what you just typed you slimy imbecile.think again fucker otherwise there's a car coming to crash your goddamn house and your pet will die BE POLITE BECAUSE WHAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW IS MAKIING ME MAD AND I PROMISE YOU THIS PISS ME OFF ONE MORE TIME AND I SWEAR ILL FUCKI 1TO YOUR HOUSE AND KILL YOU WITH MY MACHETE 'E DEAD TO ME ASSHOLE
>>
>>9297993
I'm imagining this with this face
>>
File: file.png (1016 KB, 898x425)
1016 KB
1016 KB PNG
>https://youtu.be/2jSctAzg25s
>>
>>9298185
Based as fuck. I can't wait to get the sands set and some skeletons to go with it.
>>
>>9298018
>>9297993
Reminds me of this Skeletor parody where he says he is afraid that he has no faceskin and you even cant se it.
>>
>>9298185
Playmobil is really good for dioramas and info-tainment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx36ESoeLVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJKVvo6w0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnNHTfqmCg4
>>
I bought the 70827 limited special edition, it's a nice set but not as amazing as I hoped. The chromed yellow beetle is beautiful and what the regular release version should've been in the first place. It's quite disappointing that the engine at the back isn't painted in chrome as well and just regular not enough silverish plastic and also doesn't cover completely that section. In addition, I wish the special edition came with regular yellow roof which is also a missed opportunity and takes away from the beetle aesthetic. The accessories are prefect fitting and adds a lot of play value for the car, though there are still too few and small for the price point. My thoughts about the clicky are perfectly summarized in the pics I took, I hate him, he is the dweebest clicky I've seen, he is like an embodiment of all the bad stereotypes about Playmobil.

>>9274881
The evil fairies are quite nice looking, shame the same can't be said on the good ones with their ugly bright almost neon like colors and animu faces.

>>9274882
>Mini Cooper
>I'm not sure how new or desirable that one will be
Small vehicles can be cute and have their appeal just like the Beetle car. I may want this, but I'll have to see how the finished set will be (vehicle color, clickies, accessories) and price.

>>9274887
I need to see better pics of the ducky.

>>9274889
I like a lot of of the Special Plus sets, but still have to see better pics.
>mfw figures bling bags aren't sold in my area
>>
File: Yellow Volkswagen Beetle .jpg (1.15 MB, 3884x2881)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>9300089
>>
>>9300097
>>
>>9300097
I heard of skeletons in the closet, but skeletons on the roof of a car is new to me!
>>
>>9298613
>the tumbnail in the 3rd video
>>
File: ayyyyyyy-uma.jpg (217 KB, 830x424)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
Ooof the prices of Ayuma...
150€ for the largest tree house thing set, 120€ for the water fountain...

I don't really care about this first wave, but I'm eyeing the dark fairy tower that was leaked for 2022 and I wonder how much that one will cost. >>9274881
>>
>>9307911
>Ooof the prices of Ayuma...
I don't think they're bad as EverDreamerz.

>I don't really care about this first wave
Can relate somewhat, I dislike most of them, pic related is my favorite, even the good fairy isn't too ugly.

> but I'm eyeing the dark fairy tower
The dark fairies and everything related to them is nicely designed unlike the good ones which look like colorful pukes.

>the water fountain...
I really like that playset though it comes with ugly clicky (the boy is so gay). The tree with the dice is also very cool playset, but again uggo clicky...
>>
File: insaneclownposevid.jpg (15 KB, 474x342)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>9230679
mother fucking magnets man.
Incredible stuff.
>>
>>9307911
I like the design. But they are not very cheap.

>>9311929
>EverDreamz
I like that concept, I tought it would be successfull, but i saw it reduced and in the same shelf as Legos Vidiyo.
Guess it flopped?

>>9312371
Thats alot of prints. Are there more prints than needed? Would be a benefit for stickers if you can make it like the episode you liked.
>>
>>9315907
>I like the design. But they are not very cheap.
Yeah, if they were not so expensive I would be a lot more interested in playmobil. What I do have is quality though.
>>
>>9315917
>if they were not so expensive
What are you talking about dollar tree always has stuff
>>
File: 5422.jpg (603 KB, 1600x1120)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>9315907
Everdreamerz was stupid expensive. The usual price of a Playmobil figure with a full load of accessories ranging from tools to a bike was 4€ in the Special Plus format. Everdreamerz was like 15€ for a figure with a bunch of garbage accesories and a ton of paper waste. Aesthetically I guess I can't really comment since I'm not the target, but they looked quite unsightly to me.
For me it only got interesting stuff with the unreleased, fantasy-themed wave 4. I take that the witch wagon would be released or reinvented in a different fantasy subline anyways (Novelmore, Ayuma, whatever) so I have no major issue if Everdreamerz goes down.

>>9315917
I think Playmobil has typically been cheap for its content and quality. By this board's standards it's crazy to think that pic related costs less than your usual import 1/12 figure. Provided that you don't want to buy everything in the extensive catalogue, it's a cheap brand.
The new sublines like Novelmore are noticeably more expensive within reasonable, and things like Everdreamerz, Ayuma and the newer licensed vehicles are getting awkwardly expensive. That flying Ayuma fairy posted above may have good decorations, but it doesn't seem to justify being that much more expensive than a Special Plus figure. The A-Team is 20€ more expensive than a generic robber van set that includes a helicopter!
>>
File: 2020 S68.jpg (362 KB, 1187x1434)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>9318144
>Everdreamerz
Yeah, it was really expensive. I dont want to know how much money they burned! But they really canned it quickly. Announced new stuff but now it is nearly purged from their website and catalog.
I dont know, Lego did something similar with Vidiyo. Very neon, fortnite with main focus on characters and meme costumes.
I know there are some trend gathering companies. It feels like both companies bought the trend analyse from the same company and created something similar. And both flopped, because they were overpriced. Or at least regarding competition. I think both had very unique molds and prints. So the higher price is to be expected. Dont now how much they overpriced. I would guess 1/3 is normal price, 1/3 the special molds and print and the other 1/3 was the profit because they thought it will sell well.
>>
File: Series 4.jpg (310 KB, 1032x1273)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>9318144
>>
>>9318144
>Ayuma
Maybe Wave 4 will go into Ayuma. It seems as if they repurposed already some fantasy themed minifigures.
It seems the trainingscamp with 49€ is the best price you can get. 2 figures and a bear. Shootingweapons and a construct. But if you have to pay 15€ for a figure plus animal, thats not very cheap.
>>
File: 70859.jpg (98 KB, 450x571)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>9320832
>It seems as if they repurposed already some fantasy themed minifigures.
Btw, here is a better pic of the snake tits Playmo-friend. I can see myself getting like three of them.
>>
>>9320839
Spamming, kinda. Spamming threads? No!
>>
>https://youtu.be/X8CSG6LrG-w

>https://youtu.be/uCvhfi2TqPU
>>
>>9320839
>threads
what other threads?
>>
File: file.png (1.42 MB, 1070x639)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>9322470
I want that Catrina couple
>>
I never understood why people keep comparing playmobile and lego, they're clearly two entirely different toys.
>>
>>9322559
They're shitposters/schizos,, just ignore them
It's the same with one (or a few) schizos who wanted to get free (You)s with the stupid drama that nendos are japanese funkos
Just ignore and report
>>
File: 54u45u.png (697 KB, 513x769)
697 KB
697 KB PNG
i assume a lot of anons here are from europe?
I'm in italy right now and i bought this Playmobil Magazine (in random coffe shop with tons of magazines and gormiti-stuff) that comes with 1 figure and i LOVED IT.
i'm a playmobil fan now.
The figure is so much fun - tons of acessories and just cool.

Now i'm dying to get the rest of 4 of them. Or at least Jester and white bearded guy.
I need to finish these 4 so much. But i see it's a 2020-series. Did it end?
The magazine i managed to get was just a leftover? Now one of my goals in Rome is to search for the rest of figures from this series.

Are there specific Playmobil stores in europe like Lego stores?
PS:
Holy shit in italy they have shit ton of tiny cool figures for sale. All kinds of magazines and loot-bags.
>>
File: 54Y45.png (469 KB, 469x780)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>>9323548
I think i got the coolest guy but still that Jester and Bayron look so cool too.
>>
>>9323548
The jester has his own set with a rocket launcher, so you can look for that. 70228
The magazines are ongoing, but they may not be published as regularly as in Germany. I think they have some exclusive figures and others are straight from the sets. That reminds me, remember that you can mix and match. Search for youtube videos on how to disassemble Playmobil figures safely.

You can find Playmobil very easily in Europe. I don't know about Italy specifically, but the shelfspace that Playmobil gets in toy stores and toy aisles here in Spain ranges from 1/3 to just as much as Lego which is a lot! Playmobil dedicated stores exist, though I've never visited one.
>>
File: pirates.jpg (1.34 MB, 4000x3000)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>9322559
Because they target the same customer and fill the same play niche.
Playmobil is a toyline driven by figures and vehicles with playsets. So is Lego.

Playmobil is about react stories and so is Lego.

Playmobil has character driven toylines and now give adult collectors props and Deko (VW bus). Thats what Lego does.

The only difference is that Playmobil has customizable figures and toys, while Lego has rebuildable toys.
The size is different.
Unlike Lego, Playmobil focuses on knights, space, pirates and farming, kinda the classic kids themes.
Thats why you can compare them and see them as competitors. They are not 100% identical, but so similar that you can say that kids are either Playmo-kids or Lego. The difference i see is Playmo is more reality based play and pretend wit a heavy focus on reactment with dolls. While Lego is more action orientated and brick building.
>>
File: Playmobil Funstore.jpg (78 KB, 680x510)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>9323548
>i assume a lot of anons here are from europe?
Guess so. Playmo is a german toyproducer with heavy distribution within europe.

>Are there specific Playmobil stores in europe like Lego stores?
In Germany you have the Playmobil Park and in the bigger cities there are the Playmobil Funstores (exclusive Playmobil toys).

>All kinds of magazines and loot-bags.
Yes Italy is crazy with magazines extras and minifigures. Thats because Italy has one big toy producer Giochi Preziosi, who heavily focuses on small toys and "collect them all" toylines.
>>
File: KATALOG_DE_2021_2_page19.jpg (1.01 MB, 1280x779)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>9323548

Regarding the magazins, i would suggest Ebay. Otherwise there might be some newsstand who have older unsold issues. Otherwise backcatalog is always a bigger issue. It seems the german publisher Blue Ocean has them still avaible for 4.50€.
www.blue-ocean-shop.de/de/playmobil/playmobil-novelmore/
The series is still going. If you want Brody or Bayron, you have to buy the big castle in the left. Tyragon is avaible in an advents calender.
>>
File: 32t2.jpg (307 KB, 1187x1500)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>9324944
this is cool! I'm ok with getting just set if i wont find the magazine. Having more acessories is always fun
>>9325130
>Giochi Preziosi
haha yes - this! i already saw an ad for that many times.
There are shit ton of all kinds of blindbag-toys. from grapple-dinosaur dskeletons that extend their heads and CHOMP to just regular rubber soldiers
>>9325137
thanks anon!

>now i have another sub-hobby that will empty my wallet
bring it on
>>
>>9325153
>sub-hobby that will empty my wallet
Just buy what you like?
>>
File: movie_car.jpg (116 KB, 900x523)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
One of the next cars hinted, tagged as "movie car", looks quite similar to Kitt from Knight Rider.
Seeing that they've just made the A-Team and that Germans Love David Hasselhoff...
>>
>>9327786
They still love Knight Rider. There is a fan who remade it and gets criwd attention on festivals.
>>
File: money shot.gif (2.29 MB, 500x281)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB GIF
>>9295760
>simply because I would have instantly creamed my pants had this released two decades ago
You're not the only one.

>Anon we made the delorean
I don't care about back the future cars all that much...
>Anon, what about Ecto 1?
Yeah, I meant to say I'm not into cars, like, cars aren't my thing.
>Anon. The mystery machine! It's not a car, it's a van.
No, I said, I don't care about vehicles...
>Ok ok ok. The A-Team Van.
Welp.
>>
>>9320832
Shit, I might need a few of those 70804 treehouses for my ewoks.
>>
>>9328457
Thats a good idea
>>
>>9327786
the bump on the hood is only on one car model, its clearly a dodge mustang
>>
This is quite a good advents calender for movie fans.
>>
>>9334310
Just give me the Time Train goddammit
>>
>>9334310
Woot! Finally got mine from Amazon!
>>9339047
A-Fucking-Men!
>>9327786
Would lose my shit over a Playmobil KITT. I grew up with Kenner Star Wars, and love Super7's retro style figures, and they have a Michael Knight figure coming that will look perfect standing next to this
>>9328457
Are you sure you're talking about the right one? The treehouse is 70799 and about $150. 70804 is that tiny pod thing next to it, not a treehouse.
>>
https://youtu.be/PptkQUaQpUo
>>
>>9339705
Thats cool! One big plus Playmobil has it is nice to dioram build!
>>
File: 81Y+dRlgSLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (190 KB, 1500x1118)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
are you ready for halloween fun?
>>
File: 516vJ+NVK4L._AC_.jpg (43 KB, 500x329)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>9342826
>>
>>9342826
>Backstreet’s back, alright
There are not so many monster figures besides castle and the blindbags.
>>
>>9342827
That energy thing looks like a mold you would use for Star Trek Borg alcoven! Guess they will make some iconic scenes after the enterprise?
Maybe a TNG Borg scene?
Lets theorize which Star Trek scenes they could make!
TNG Borg Cube gangway
TNG Bridge
Star Trek Kirk vs Gorn
Star Trek Kirk vs Spock arena fight
>>
File: 81QURY82muL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (240 KB, 1071x1500)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>9342843
not sure what energy you mean. the yellow one? it can be found in smallest sets like this one
>>
File: 91XeAOwhaOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (346 KB, 1097x1500)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>9342922
dAAMn there are so many cool small mobil sets.
Why i dont see THESE in stores. All i see is "regular civilians" sets everywhere
>>
>>9342922
I mean the thing frankensteins monster stands on. I guess it is an energy recharger? Reminds me of the Borg energy screen in their alcoven.
>>
>>9342926
Too special themed?
>>
Bump
>>
>>9342926
>>9342922
Playmobil should have got some D&D license. Maybe Das Schwarze Auge?
>>
>>9066698
Fuck you nigger
>>
>>9357688
They did they labeling wrong. What dumbasses!
[spoiler]I know, it is for rearwindows that mirrors that, it is just a gag[/spoiler]
>>
>>9066698
Huh?
>>
>>9298613
I remember a channel on Youtube with tons of stopmotion Playmobil movies depicting various books, fables and folklore.
The guy was pretty leftist though, and unfortunately it often showed. Too much for me, but the movies were great and really well done.
>>
>>9366686
Just looked it up, it's not stopmotion but the guy playing with the figurines.
It's all in German, but you can give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdGgj84G554
>>
File: odd.jpg (29 KB, 317x419)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
It appears these fuckers couldn't bother making a proper head for Oddjob in the 007 set.
>>
File: Michael Sommer.jpg (147 KB, 1200x675)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>9366712
Thanks. Thats a nice channel. He even won some german media award.
https://youtu.be/14FIYO3oIz4
>>
File: odyssey.jpg (122 KB, 1374x773)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>9369153
https://youtu.be/OMXvK6uScnY
https://youtu.be/LCYvQ7xOfC8
Quite funny, his channel views increase before exams.
>>
File: Faust.jpg (9 KB, 300x168)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>9369165
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKmmHvEerI
>>
File: file.png (1.33 MB, 1100x615)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
Got the UPS mail today, arriving thursday. I'll keep you posted!
>>
File: file.jpg (766 KB, 2016x1512)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
Sup! I got it. Looks cool as fuck. Sadly my Murdock wasn't in the box so hopefully Playmobil will send me one soon.
>>
File: IMG_0026 (1).jpg (1.15 MB, 2016x1512)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
Even the packaging looked pretty cool, except for the best A-team member missing, of course.
>>
>>9379749
Thats cool. Nice they printed it in A-Team theme.

>>9379748
It really looks cool. That is something that would have made alot of money in the 80s and 90s.
How well recieved was the movie?
>>
File: IMG_0027.jpg (841 KB, 2016x1512)
841 KB
841 KB JPG
>>9379768
Yeah, as mentioned way up in this thread, I got this because 90s me would have creamed himself over this. It's likely been two decades since I bought Playmobil for myself.

Think the movie was as well received as classic 80s rehashes can go: thus "AINT THE REAL THING".
>>
>>9379780
Looks good in this pic.
>>
>>9297604
>It´s kinda awful as a construction toy,
This set is amazing. Only bad thing are the colors that dont go toghether
>>
>>9379749
>>9379780
post it with a 1:18 figure.
>>
File: file.png (391 KB, 643x358)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>9379748
>>9379749
>>9379780
Neat

Here is a YT review I did find

>https://youtu.be/nmGLCLichrc
>>
>>9382003
Why do people complain that they reuse molds? Isnt that what companies should do? Use molds to give us a reasonable price?
>>
File: old.gif (2.53 MB, 500x272)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB GIF
>>9091380
>That set
Fuck

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.