[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 610GOeWXcQS._AC_SL1200_.jpg (130 KB, 1200x1200)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
What guns? I never had guns. How would you know? The game came out so long ago. Who need guns anyway? Real men use blades!

Is what I imagine him (and DC) saying.

>JUNE
Nick Wilde (Reissue)

>JULY
Iron Spider (Marvel)
Ayanami Rei - Village 3 ver.
Evangelion Unit-01 & Unit-13 + Spear of Gaius

>AUGUST
Iron Spider Black ver. (Kaiyodo & KE exclusive)
Revo Geo Giraffa Nokogirikuwagata - Giraffe Stag-Beetle-
Midoriya Izuku (Reissue)
Tolmekian Armored Soldier - Kushana's Imperial Guard ver.(Reissue)

>SEPTEMBER
Arkham Knight (DC)
Revo Geo Ohsuzumebachi - Asian Giant Hornet - (Reissue)

>TBA
Skylark (Super Mecha Chanpions)
Evangelion EUROII Heurtebize
Revo Geo Zarigani? - Crayfish -
Revo Geo Tyrannosaurus Skeleton?
Revo Geo Praying Mantis?
Revo Geo Mantis Shrimp?
AB Nexus (Color Variation)
AB Nexus 1.5 (by Yasuhiro Nightow)
AB Nexus Pixy Armor (by Yutaka Minowa)
AB Nexus Dragon Knight (by Noriyuki Jinguji)
AB Nexus Revo Inu/Dog
AB Nexus Giant Armoroid
AB Nexus Giant Nexus
AB Nexus Massive Driver (by Yasuhiro Nightow)

>MIA
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series (Rei brought it back? You need more than one to be a series though)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)

http://kaiyodo.co.jp/
http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/
http://kt-jizai.com/

For old Revoltechs listing, check
http://www.revoltech.fr/liste.html

Why not know more about who made what?
https://www.kyd-store.jp/fs/figure/c/creator

previous >>9019995
>>
File: 61wTLtHEOaS._AC_SL1200_.jpg (134 KB, 1200x1200)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
Content. To be fair he comes with lots of parts for the Red Hood gimmick, and 4 weapons.
>>
>>9059389
What version of live-action optimus prime is that?
>>
>>9059392
>DC marketing are actually for real with this no guns horseshit

Enjoy not getting any more of my money, DC. I could understand this for toys aimed at children, but adult collectibles based on VILLAINS from your media? Come the fuck on.
>>
>>9059476
A figure only meant to be sold in Japan too. You know where mass shooting isn't a plaguing issue. At this point it must be easier to buy a gun than a DC toy with a gun in US. Ridiculous.
>>
>>9059414
The Last Arkham Knight
>>
File: PicsArt_04-14-11.19.39.jpg (278 KB, 1000x1333)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>9059389
the fuck is going on? Didn't Joker come with guns not too long ago?
>>
I wouldn’t even be as peeved about it if both Jason in the game and in the comics has guns as a major staple of his combat. The game even had that cool sniper rifle combiner gimmick. I’m still gonna get him because he has a great design though.
>>
>>9059513
I suspect that's when Kaiyodo became aware of DC's PR desire to not have toys with guns. Joker was too far gone to take them out, but this AY had time to do so. If it had guns at all. Don't know if the blades were in the game, they might've replaced the guns.
>>
>>9059476
its a Right push to censor more stuff in toys and media, guns are for grownups not for kiddy toys, you best believe that ye ole jeebus wont approve of your guns in toys.

Besides, if you are old enough to complain you should be out there shooting deer instead of playiing with toys.
>>
>>9059543
>censor
Yeah because that's the real problem.

Also, lots of people live in countries where you can't walk in a store and leave with your own pistol or rifle. Including the one where this has the only official distribution.
>>
>>9059389
Man that design looks like shit. I absolutely hate tacticool garbage in Batman. It should be gothic and noir, not realistic or modern military inspired.
>>
File: yhxt5si4i8511.png (1.14 MB, 1100x800)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>9059576
It's because they don't want to pay Konami for MGS anymore. I'm surprised they didn't for go Sam or Ludens at some point but it was probably too risky to go all in on a new game IP. Even now.
>>
>>9059541
I think in concept art he had those blades. Back when he was gonna be an actual boss fight and not a glorified stealth mission. God Arkham Knight was almost excellent the writing and certain game mechanics just brought it down.
>>
File: E2orjAmVkAwawp4.jpg (170 KB, 1041x2048)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>
File: E2ori-1VgAYeNmo.jpg (232 KB, 2048x1268)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>
>>9059652
I know it’s cheaper to use the older model but I wished they had updated Unit 01.
>>
File: E2orjBcVkAcsi5B.jpg (406 KB, 2048x1746)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>>
>>9059657
At least they finally got rid of revolver joints.

I rather get updated sculpt for a TV Eva than yet another newly sculpted Rebuild. Leave that to 3 other companies. 4? I lost track.
>>
>>9059657
>>9059662
I also fear we will get one last round of reissues of everyone with smooth joints.
>>
>>9059576
half agree with this but it's a villain, and one who represents batman's over-reliance on military grade hardware

still not sure wtf the ending stinger of the game is even supposed to be about, honestly
>>
>>9059700
Either Bruce or Dick using fear gas to better keep Gotham criminals in check.
>>
>>9059712
yeah but that's stupid
>>
>>9059596
Konami doesn't care about MGS merchandise
>>
>>9059389
>Are you not entertained?
>>
>>9059389
>>9059392
The real shame is the pistol/sniper rifle combo weapon was a really neat gimmick and it's a bummer he doesn't get one.

I suppose I could 3d print one?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (47 KB, 1327x244)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>9059724
You could try your hand at the Little Armory kits.
3D printing is great too, I guess. Depends on which is the better option for you.
>>
>>9059720
It's not konami side I think kaiyodo don't want to pay a yen to them for how shit they are.
>>
>>9059737
Probably a little of column A, a little of column B. Konami hasn't made a smart marketing decision in years.
>>
>>9059726
If I was just gonna give him a sniper rifle I'm already good to go, I meant his weird in-game guns:
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Knight#Desert_Eagle
>>
>>9059726
LA kits are too small. Just compare them to size of Deathstroke's rifle or some ML's guns. Plus kind of expensive.
>>
File: guide01_3-en.jpg (96 KB, 640x399)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
Anywhere i can get deathstroke to match my deadpool or am i outta luck?
>>
>>9059762
Mandarake? Or hope for reissue. Honestly his chances are better than some, like Batman. Would be better if he was in a movie besides post credit scenes.
>>
>>9059724
If it bothers me too much, I'll just try the guns from the DC Collectibles AK figures and see how they scale.
>>
>>9059392
It would literally cost them nothing to throw in a pistol or two.
>>
>>9059864
It might cost them the whole license depending on how serious DC is about this no guns thing.
>>
>>9059864
>>9059891
Yeah, while I think the whole thing is stupid I understand why they’re following DCs new policy. AY has been doing great with its comic book stuff and they probably don’t want to lose a whole pantheon of characters because of a gun.
>>
>>9059513
>>9059541
>>9059543
IIRC the DC gun stance is that toys can still come with guns, but you cannot advertise pictures of them holding any of the guns or even show that they come with guns. This is why all the joker solicitations had the pictures of guns removed, but he still came with them. Its completely ass backwards and doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>9059968
I guess we’ll find out in late September if Jason gets his pistols or not.
>>
>>9059987
They can still WRITE in text what they come with. Joker did. AK didn't even do that. I'll be shocked if this rule is that stupid or have that kind of workaround.

It's all these Japanese toy companies staying on DC's good side. They don't care enough to go behind their back and shit.
>>
the fire and ice dude from that zoomer show got announced
>>
File: E2wwjbhVUAI9aU6.jpg (26 KB, 827x211)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
whoa what a surprise no one saw this comin no one who knew oh my god is this for real
>>
>>9060094
Yes
>>
File: E2wwjbjUcAE4yv3.jpg (28 KB, 817x211)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>9060094
...and his dad too what this is nuts are they crazy this came out of no where
Anyway yeah we all knew these two were next. After these though who knows.
>>
>>9060094
>>9060100
And I'm going to guess they are in their later costumes. Shoto the one with gauntlets? I'm not that up to dat on the manga but I assume costume near that stage of AY Deku's will be used.
>>
File: 1616220822134.png (79 KB, 448x471)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>9060094
>>9060100
>Not interested in Arkham Knight
>Two more releases I don't care for
It's going to be a looong wait for something I care about at this point, guess I'll have time to track down some ones I missed
>>
>>9060094
>>9060100
>2 more MHA

At this rate we might have more MHA AY's than DC AY's, ignoring color changes of Harley. Didn't expect that when AY started. I thought the eventual Japanese IP's would be cherrypicking main characters like how revos been operating before.
>>
>>9060224
Well the MHA started great with Izuku and All Might, then Bakugo preorders were way bigger than those two.
>>
>>9060094
Don't read moon rune, does it say what months they'll release?
>>
>>9060297
No, pretty sure that's the blue column and it says Pending.

I'm guessing one is after AK so Nov, and the other after that in Jan. It would be something similar to that.
>>
>>9060297
>>9060327
Shoto is just confirmed as 2021 release so Endeavor will be released during early 2022 at best
>>
>>9060379
>Shoto and Endeavor
I'm sure they'll be bangin figures, just like the others...but god damn, MHA has so many amazing designs that would look great with a Yamaguchi take on them, and I just feel like we're never gonna get there.

Hell, we need Yamaguchi to get to Deku's new costume too, that sculpt would look fucking bonkers.
>>
>>9060100
>Anyway yeah we all knew these two were next
Just Shoto, Endeavor was a simple wishful thinking.

>After these though who knows.

-Iiida, Kirishima or Aizawa
-Some of the girls like Ochaco and Tsuyu, maybe Mirko after she gets her spolight in the anime.
-Villains like Stain or All for One
>>
>>9060396
>Endeavor was a simple wishful thinking
I think their direction was clear after making All Might second. The chances were higher than wishful thinking. And he's higher in the polls now too?

I don't think we will get villains, unless they intend to make 5 more in the next 2~3 years. I think they might stop here and start another Japanese license. But MHA is easier to do with Takara having the major toy rights apparently. They might keep going.
>>
>>9060379
Ok that's good to know. Huh it's only June and we know the AY lineup for this year. Just the reissue schedule now.

The important question now is how the fire effect parts will be divided. Shoto comes with some? Or he's just Ice and Endeavor gets loaded with fire?
>>
>>9060408
What do you think their next IP will be. Demon Slayer? I can easily see them doing the Pillars and Upper Moons, especially Koku and Muzan. Maybe Douma to with all the possibilities of possible effect parts
>>
>>9060408
>The chances were higher than wishful thinking
Thats what wishful thinking means, despite his popularity he has received few to none merch, heck not even McFarlane took advantage at making a figure of him.

>I think they might stop here and start another Japanese license.
Does Toho has the production rights for Chainsawman? Because if its the case then i can see Kaioyod picking up the license.

>>9060418
Demon Slayer already has Aniplex's buzzmod and GSC figma for that, the former recently announced 3 more figures (2 demons and the butterfly girl).
Already too late for Kaiyodo to pick up that series.
>>
>>9060424
Ah that was wishful thinking on my part. I assumed Kaiyodo and GSC would be able to share KNY like they did with BNHA.
>>
>>9060094
In English please?
>>
>>9059576
Anything with full face helmet is straight 10/10 no matter what style they were. Military, motorcycle fetish, you name it.
>>
>>9060438
They can usually, unless Bandai threw all the money at them for the anime. If figma can happen so can a revoltech. That anon probably meant it's too late to compete after a late start. But that is what happened with MHA.

>>9060424
I guess so, but picking AM indicates their interest in big muscle characters more so than GSC/MF. And Mcfarlane works in a different market, has different demands for characters, it's harder to compare. Whishful thinking was more towards how many more AY we might get I suppose.

Not sure about Chainsawman. I think the biggest factor for toys is who gave money for the anime to happen. They have Nendoroid so it's probably free for anyone to grab, no big corporation sitting on it.
>>
>>9060444
Only information of importance there is that AY of Shoto and Endeavor are happening.
>>
>>9060100
I honestly don't know how he's going to do the fire on his uniform or if it'll even look good. I'm very worried about the fire mask and his eyes.
>>
>>9060476
>But that is what happened with MHA.
The difference with MHA case is that figma had a really sloppy start; having the meek first Deku's costume as their first release looking decent at best and not releasing Bakugo until 3 years later and at that time Kaiyodo revealed they were going to make articulated figures for the series too.
Even if figma gave a second try with the line they quickly abandoned it and we haven't heard any new about new figures from the line since then.

Meanwhile Demon Slayer had Buzzmod and figma lines which started strongly and are have constant updates respectively.

Of course, there's nothing that stops Kaiyodo from joining making Demon Slayer figures but the competition is stronger regarding articulated figures of that series, something from which they do not suffer with MHA.
>>
>>9060525
They started making model kits for MHA as well, who know where that'll go. Mecha side Moderoid is doing really well.

I can see AY only doing Tanjiro. Superior articulation without having to do cloth, and a more dynamic sculpt than figma. Showing how much has changed since he made a revo like Kenshin. Bonus with better option parts maybe. I think they can make the money back from the immense popularity. Even with just one character and competing lines. Most people only want MC at the end of the day. AY has been unusually aggressive not caring on overlapping with other brands (even if different media forms).
>>
Waiting on amiami to ship my judy.
She will be my first Revoltech, with Nick joining next month and also POd Dekus rerelease.
Think all might will rerelease aswell?
A few friends warned me Bakugos gauntlets got some issues, are these fixable?

>>9060525
>and not releasing Bakugo until 3 years later
Due to a licence issue.
There was no new figure merch in that time
>>
File: E0MUaA8VcAAnL4Q.jpg (560 KB, 2048x1536)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>9060596
Not sure how much you'd consider a "fix." The method was flawed by design. Peg too short and being packaged with gauntlets on the plastic is stretched out already. But you can make improvements. Resetting the plastic by heat or thickening by glue, tissue, whatever you prefer, makes it not a complete mess.

Extreme makeover is to open two big holes so he can wear them over the other arm like how his costume actually works. But only if you're confident in your skills.
>>
File: E0Sn9sAVIAI91Kt.jpg (394 KB, 1536x2048)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>9060604
By that I mean you can do this, pass the arm through and hold it on by attaching the wrist back.
>>
>>9060604
>company is built on revoltech joints
>easy swapabilitiy is a selling point
>make arm swap out ona flimsy peg instead of having a revoltech hole with 1mm more plastic
sasuga
>>
>>9060616
Poor foresight. They have smooth joints with revolver joint style long pegs (used here >>9059652 for example), Deku could've used them on the elbows, then so could Bakugo for the stupid one time? exchange trick.

Also don't bother using that tiny black piece on both arms? Swap out everything on the peg so you use the full length. It's dumb in multiple levels.
>>
>>9060604
I see, thank you!
When looking between the 2 i like the AY bakugos faces more then the figma ones.
I see the problem now, i might opt for tickening it with glue myself.

>>9060607
Oh that looks cool!
Thanks for the help.
Might try and grab him later, but hes the one i preffer sofar, atleast i know a few waysxto fix it now.

Deku didnt have major issues did he?
>>
File: E0T2klYVkAUjVJG.jpg (1.12 MB, 2448x3264)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>9060637
Deku not really. Overall he was a bit floppy at certain spots but reissue might have that fixed somehow. And that's easily fixable.

This is what it looks like to cut out the ends of the gauntlets. The thing is already hollow inside. I don't think it's necessary though, glue thickening should do it.
>>
>>9060648
Thank you so much for the help!
Im excited for my first revoltechs!
I hope Judy will arrive soon, just a bit longer till nick and deku.

I mostly collect figma right now but branching out to other lines, i missed dekus first release and last year was a hectic year but im glad i got a new chance at him.

Does anyone here have the zootopia pair? Anything i should be carefull with?
>>
Think we'll get an All Might reissue before year end?
>>
>>9060604
Has the thickening of a peg with glue already been shown to work out?
Also, I can just use the same method for the collar, right?
>>
>>9060094
>>9060100
Absolutely based.
Figma Shoto looks okay, but I think Revoltech could do a lot of cool shit with the effects.
Endeavor is a nice surprise. Still wanna see an AFO and Stain, but for now, this is pretty sweet.
Sadly, Miruko never ever.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1622546603485.jpg (66 KB, 700x700)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Here's some promo images of Shoto and Endeavor
>>
File: FB_IMG_1622546605800.jpg (73 KB, 700x700)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Here's Endeavor
>>
>>9061099
>>9061101
I'm still surprised that Yamaguchi is going this far with the line.
Is he enjoying it more than he figured, or is it simply that they see profit in it?
>>
>>9061099
>>9061101
awesome, i joined right intime for fire family
>>
>>9061135
I bet its the latter but Yamaguchi also enjoys so much capeshit that maybe its both
>>
>>9061135
Probably both, Figma dropped the ball HARD with MHA figures and besides McFarlane Revoltech actually seems to give a shit about the license compared to Goodsmile
>>
>>9061219
I can see it being a bit of both, yeah. There's a lot of ways where he can go all-out, and he does enjoy capeshit, so it's not weird to imagine he'd enjoy homemade capeshit.
>>9061222
I know Bakugo has some issues what with friction and the lack thereof, but he's a great figure with a few easy fixes.
With that in mind, I feel right in saying Amazing Yamaguchi might just continue to mog Goodsmile as hard as they have. Still, for waifu-type characters like Ochaco and Mina, I assume Figma will do well regardless.
>>
>>9060094
>>9060100
>>9061099
>>9061101
OH SHIT
>>
>>9061135
>Endeavor
Shoto was most likely asked because he would sell, but I'm 100% positive he's doing Endeavor because after AM he's peak capeshit
>>
>>9061099
Oh man I can't wait to see the effects pieces.
I wonder if there'll be a flame over the left side of his face front hairpiece similar to how Deku has the Full Cowling front hair piece.
>>
>>9061101
>Endy
Oh shit Miruko has a chance.
>>
>>9061413
Once they adapt the Liberation Army War arc she will have even more chances.
>>
>>9061434
Yeah she hasn't had the limelight in the anime yet, but I can see there being an AY announcement after she starts kicking ass.
>>
How is the Bakugo revoltech? I dont mind missing All Might, but I might want to pick him and Deku now before they get scarce again.
>>
>>9061135
Dude didnt even know he was doing all might/deku until they fucking announced it, and im almost certain it's the same case here.
>>
>>9061590
He's good but he has some issues with the lack of friction of some joints (collar and forearms) and the weight of some effects.
I suggest putting glue on those pegs and letting them dry to give them extra thickness. Beyond that, it's a good figure.
>>
>>9061135
>is it simply that they see profit in it?
100% this. Yamaguchi has no say on what can be released anymore. That ended at the Minis. Even if it something he hates he has to make it. With MHA he happens to like them already, with american comics he learned to enjoy the characters postAY through movies and streaming shows.

The risk of bad character selection is too high, and even the right characters a feature on AY can ruin sales.
>Magneto, Batman -capes
>Spider-Gwen -who??
>Optimus Prime -no demand, people didn't see drastically different engineering

So Kaiyodo and Kenelephant are very careful about what's being made, and if it's selling better than anything else they're gonna keep going.
>>
>>9061099
I was hoping for the costume update right after this one, oh well still getting it.

>>9061613
What? I doubt that. How long do you think it takes to get an action figure to a release? Not sure how early those two were announced but this time Shoto out before 2021 ends? No way. He started working on them at the latest start of this year.
>>
>>9061841
maybe, but it was definitely true for the other two. He stated so on twitter
>>
>>9061862
Do you remember the rough dates or phrase he used? I looked at kaiyodo_PR and AM announcement was 10/1 and prototype picture was in a 11/16 tweet, so that time frame would be impossible, especially 2 at once I believe.
>>
>>9061101
First costume is better and hotter
>>
>>9059389
I'm so tired of DC's stupid mandate.
>>
File: 20210525_234942.jpg (3.15 MB, 4032x3024)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
My AY line display
>>
File: 20210528_023642.jpg (3.59 MB, 4032x3024)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB JPG
Just got this super Valkyrie VF-1S from Macross, it's looking so cool even it's a old figure.
I also bought VF-1J but it's just without all the hands can replace and stand when I opened the box....so pissed off although there is nothing I can do, shit.
>>
File: 1622296620229.jpg (1.01 MB, 1080x1920)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>
>>9062011
Chad display it is, bruh.
>>
>>9062068
Thanks anon.
>>
>>9062011
I kind of want chad cap because his unmasked head is pretty good. I don't think he'll get a re-release, though.
>>
File: 20180313_165900.jpg (1.96 MB, 1964x1847)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
>>9062091
When you get him, try to not put the face into his helmet, and this is what you'll get.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1522034045019.jpg (51 KB, 960x720)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>
>>9061862
I gave a quick look back to May of that year and didn't see such tweet. Earlier he definitely had plenty of time to work so no problem.

Unless these 2 new AY are coming out Summer of 2022 I can't see him not knowing already.
>>
>>9059392
Ugh Its too bad they didn't include the combining pistol rifle thing.

I guess DC is getting pretty serious about no guns.
>>
I do hope Arkham Knight is a sign of us getting more taticool characters like Agent Venom sometime in the future.
>>
File: rsz_20210602_002204.jpg (90 KB, 768x1024)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Finally got this motherfucker, he's incredible. He visually mogs Deku. Despite the number of design flaws (mine had a big abdomen peg receiver problem that was a fuckikg pain to fix) I really really like it.
>>
>>9062382
is DC not allowing characters to be advertised with guns now or something?
>>
>>9062011
This display makes Subby wake up screaming with sweat on his brow.
For real, though, really cool.
>>
>>9062470
Yeah apparently some places are even removing them from the figures. I think Mafex did that? The new movie HQ figuarts has no guns even though she has trigger hands...it's nuts. And why do they care for what's mostly sold in Japanese market?

For AY in the future, this one might've been too late to cancel, but anymore gun heavy characters they might go with a Marvel or something else. Now I wonder if Deathstroke reissue will be a problem, or just hide the photos with guns like Joker? Need a new box in that case.
>>
>>9062382
Which is fucking stupid. It ruins so many of their characters to not have some kind of weapon.
>>
>>9062120
>>9062132
Man, these pics are making me want AY to tackle U.S. Agent. Would be sick.
>>
Gimme a recoloured All Might
>>
I don't think the no guns for DC will be that significant for AY going forward. Characters I want him to do
>Superman
>Flash
>Green Lantern
>Hawkgirl
>Starfire
>Catwoman
>Poison Ivy
>Darkseid (but like, a smaller version?)
don't have guns. I don't think the big sellers AY wants to do will have importance on guns, they didn't care for comic Red Hood clearly. They're not doing Deadshot ever. I doubt we will see more than 2 from my list actually being made.
>>
>>9062757
You mean one of his other suits?
>>
>>9062952
I would love a Poison Ivy and Catwoman. Makes me wish we got Harley in her OG uniform to recreate Gotham City Sirens.
>>
File: gothamknightshood.jpg (129 KB, 1200x675)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>9062952
Good point anon, I can't really think of any big gun centric characters they've not done yet. Thank god he got Deathstroke and Joker already out huh?

>they didn't care for comic Red Hood clearly
I actually wonder if the gun ban influenced their choice in design. Since they couldn't give him guns they needed the part swapping gimmick to make it more worthwhile.

Because surely Red Hood is becoming the more relevant choice, he was in Injustice 2 and will be in the upcoming Gotham Knights, I would've thought that it would be better to try tying in with that
>>
>>9063003
Jason without his guns does seem weird but he still uses a lot of melee weapons. I’m surprised we didn’t get a variation on his taser short staffs.
>>
>>9063003
>>9063069
such a stupid character design
>>
>>9063091
Red Hood in general or just his Arkhamverse design?
>>
I think I'm okay with swivel knees. Less of a chance of getting one with poorly drilled holes that stand weird.
>>
Todoroki Shouto and Endeavor are both announced for Amazing Yamaguchi toyline. Thoughts?

I'm happy with Todoroki Shouto but instead of Endeavor we could have someone else, like a villain for example. I don't think Endeavor is so popular as All Might, for example.
(I don't read the mango to see if the character has a good popularity between fans and collectors alike)
>>
>>9063253
I’m surprised they didn’t do All For One. I don’t even follow the series and I know he’s the end all be all bad guy for it. He has a decent design as well.
>>
>>9063253
>Todoroki Shouto and Endeavor
I don't care for MHA so I'm pretty disappointed, although I don't want to be too entitled about it. I'm sure the sculpts will be fantastic and they'll be great but I'm bummed there's nothing I want until mid next year
Would prefer more classic Marvel characters with a MvC inspiration
>>
>>9063253
I'm excited for Endeavor but kinda bummed about Shouto. The figma was acceptable and I'd rather we got a character that suits Yamaguchi's style more that figma's likely never gonna get to, and would likely disappoint if they did.

That said I do understand Endeavor without Shouto was never gonna happen, and he's too popular not to make. And I'm sure Shouto will be great, the MHA figures have been some of the best in the line. Just a waste of a slot that a more unique character could have taken, imo
>>
>>9063003
>gun ban influenced their choice in design
I think the news was so sudden for Kaiyodo they were already working on Arkham Knight to the point-of-no-return. They picked this version because the design was perfect for Yamaguchi's stylization, and maybe to try new media like video games to avoid doing the same characters as other toy brands. Making stuff from future games that might tank is a risk compared to an older game I bet.
>>
>>9063114
In general.

Just, from the top down it's all dumb. Zombie Robin uses pistols and dresses up like the Joker and this is supposed to move the character forward and be a compelling story. It's very bad.
>>
>>9063369
I see what you mean, but I feel like Redhood has become his own identity. Besides it’s nice seeing someone in the Batfamily use guns, adds some variety into the whole group.
>>
File: r1cn218pqbd51-1200x1551.png (1.86 MB, 1200x1551)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
next ip let's go kaiyodo
>>
>>9063380
>Redhood has become his own identity
True, but he's painfully held back by the status quo
>>
>>9062041
>>9062050
Hoooly fuck that looks awesome.
Really wish they made more blocky robots fuck.
>>
File: Ejc4f-YUcAAEmSf.jpg (67 KB, 1213x790)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>9063450
or round and curvy ones?
I can really go for a Yamaguchi Mazinger Z or something. Another Gunbuster perhaps.
>>
>>9063253
Im happy with both, Endeavor is now the no.1 hero in the anime and getting some redemption. He just had a prettycepic fight and with more to come i bet, its also a large adult hero something other linesxwont do or wouldnt do good, so AY doing him gives me hope.

Shouto is one of yhe top A-1 class characterd, populair, powerfull and a quirk begging for hood effects, sofar his suits have all been rather plain but i have hope he will turn out well.

I say the todoroki family getting both announced was best.

>>9063277
I think because weve only seen a little of him in the anime. But id want Shigaraki or Dabi more.
>>
>>9063253
>Todoroki Shouto and Endeavor are both announced for Amazing Yamaguchi toyline. Thoughts?
I'm not a fujo so I don't care
>>
>>9063442
>painfully held back by the status quo
This also describes the state of Marvel/DC comics for the last 30 years.
>>
knives good guns bad
>>
>>9063450
Don't put too many hope on it bro because it's too difficult to make it really happen so far, however you can get some old revoltech robots like my super Valkyrie or other one, Yamaguchi made a bunch of robots in the past revoltech.
They're all really good and I'm sure you can find a nice price because there are a lot second hand goods on the web.
>>
>>9063253
>but instead of Endeavor we could have someone else, like a villain for example.
Nah, Endeavor was fine since he doesnt have an articulated figure unlike some villains like Shigaraki,Stain or All for One. I'm happy he is finalyl getting something good.

>>9063292
>kinda bummed about Shouto. The figma was acceptable
Lol what, the figma was decent at best.
He does have the standar fire and ice effect sure but what i have seen is that a proper Shoto figure needs more effect pieces to make him look good since he is not a melee fighter like Deku or Bakugo.
Also the figma Shoto scale sucked since he almsot have the same height as Bakugo and barely taller than Deku which is weird since he is supposed to be more taller than those two.

This is why i trust AY with this since they can add those extra effect pieces he needs and give him a proper scale height (since AY Deku is 15 and Bakugo 15.5 that means Shoto had to be 16)
>>
>>9064054
>Lol what, the figma was decent at best.
Decent is good enough for me because he's not really a character I care enough abut that I need the best possible figure of him, especially at the expense of other characters who are less likely to get anything
>>
>>9063253
>Thoughts?
I never got into BNHA so I don't really care. I am glad they're gauging interest outside capeshit but there are other IP's I'm hoping for.
>>
I just want more of Batman’s rogues like Poison Ivy and Two-Face. Fuck man, give us some Superman stuff as well. I’m shocked we haven’t gotten the Big Blue Boyscout yet.
>>
File: 1622682793668.jpg (101 KB, 1108x1477)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Damn this VF-1S is so fucking cool.
Old Yamaguchi revoltech is awesome!!!
>>
File: 1622682797019.jpg (108 KB, 1477x1108)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>
>>9065796
Yeah for all the shit they get the old Revos really were amazing at the time, and still a ton of fun. Remember they were only like $10-20 for a good deal of them; even in the US when they were imported that VF-1S was only like $15.
>>
I pre-ordered him because I'm a pleb. What are the chances he actually comes with guns they just didn't show them?
>>
>>9065805
I love the click, sue me.
>>
File: 1622682795144.jpg (109 KB, 1108x1477)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>
File: 1622682835155.jpg (104 KB, 1108x1477)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>
File: 1622682843158.jpg (92 KB, 1477x1108)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>
>>9065517
>Two-Face
He's my favourite DC villain but he's a pretty stupid choice for an AY figure. He'd especially suck without guns. Although I would love to see how Yamaguchi sculpts his scarred face

Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Deadshot, Bane, Mr Freeze or (unfortunately) Batman who Laughs are the only Bat-villains I see as having any realistic chance of happening
>>
>>9065805
Ah pal you make me remind those wonderful days in the beginning of revoltech series just get started....
Once a time I walk into a toyshop then three revoltech patlabor Helldiver with me when I come out.
>>
File: vs01.jpg (19 KB, 328x300)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Have any anons in here still remember this Devil may cry action figures small boxes made by yamaguchi with almost two decades ago?

I wish they can make this kind of stuff again someday, yeah it's very small but perfect to display a kick ass scene in game or any media, and also cheap compared to 6 inches or even 3.75 action figures.
Just imagine we got this:
Doom Slayer slaughter all demons run to him on your desk.
Or Kratos, or Chris redfield and Leon doing such things and so on, so on......
>>
>>9065857
but how would they advertise Deadshot without guns?
>>
>>9065955
Yes i do, i bought it as a child without even knowing what dmc was.
>>
>>9065966
His gun gauntlets are fair game I would think.
>>
>>9065974
Do you still save them until now?
If you have please share some pictures with us.
>>
>>9065810
None. They can still write it out for the contents if they came with them. And if not why make it a secret? DC will never know? How? It's the toy companies playing nice so they won't have their license stripped away. Including guns in secret is the worst move to pull off.
>>
>>9063369
>Zombie Robin uses pistols and dresses up like the Joker and this is supposed to move the character forward and be a compelling story.
To be fair, that dumb irony is why I like him in the first place.
His first appearance as Red Hood was him making this dumbest scheme going all around in a roundabout way just so he made Batman choose to kill Joker or not. I love him for it.
Nowadays he's just a regular good guy which got nothing unique going on with him.
>>
Gimme Hawks and Best Jeanist and I'll be satisfied

Frog Girl of they're feeling generous
>>
>>9066377
He’s still a bit of a dick with a weird little family in the form of Artemis and Bizzaro. And whenever he’s a guest member in the Bat Family is always a treat since he can’t help but feel a bit more comfortable around them since he and Bruce completely buried the hatchet.
>>
>>9066474
>Artemis and Bizzaro.
Anon, they've long gone.
>>
>>9066753
Ok to be honest I haven’t read any of DC or Marvel’s stories for the past couple of years. Every time I try the writing and plots just throw me off. I know nostalgia is often made fun of but I do miss how comics were a few years ago. I think it’s why I enjoy AY so much, reminds me of some of the comics I’ve come to love.
>>
Yamaguchi-san, release Froppy now desu
>>
>>9059658
>>9059652
>>9059649
Ah yes, the Toothpaste Fork.
>>
>>9061830
Magneto's cape it's good
>>
>>9059389
Which TF movie is this version of Optimus Prime from?
>>
>>9066385
>Hawks
Would be tricky to make considering his wings

>Best Jeanist
Too simple

>>9066822
>Tsuyu
Big challenge for Kaiyodo would be her hair which is long as fuck and may break the neck joint because its weight.
>>
>>9068067
Looks alright, still too heavy though. He was a big dummy making it all that big and thick. Resin must be much lighter and he forgot how heavy PVC gets at that size. It's why batman's cape changed to ABS. And being thinner without those folds definitely helped.

A good plastic sculpted cape is doable though. The tough and smooth new material joints will be big help too. We're getting those Superman, Thor and DR Doom one day.
>>
>>9066336
Sorry nigga, i lost it a long time ago, and i only had one, the one where dantes holding both guns up i think.
I bought it like early mid-2000s so it really has been a long ass while.
>>
>>9068279
>wings
That's easy though, two sets of normal joints, all the wing movements you need. Nanael or Zetman did it that way. Swap out for the missing feathers version.

I prefer to get a Falcon (Marvel) or Hawkman/Hawkgirl (DC) though.

For Tsuyu's neck they just need to not use ball joints and go oldschool with the hinge and pegs joints. Pshylocke was like that and that was done with the older joints.
>>
File: E27fW1MVkAM2WE7.jpg (780 KB, 2000x2000)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
>https://cinema.tamashii.jp/special/techon/

Huh, this is a thing now. I'm bringing it up here because do you think this can affect AY in anyway? They're all original designs and mech suits, so probably not? Maybe force an Iron Man reissue before it's out.

And what's with these toy companies and their mechanical suits for everyone approach? Sentinel, Square sorda. Now Bandai. And why not make these as model kits?

I guess we dodged a bullet they didn't go fully comic book versions, that could potentially kill Marvel maybe DC AY's. Or Mafex might eventually.
>>
>>9068923
>fully comic book versions
Technically I guess they are, because from a collab comic book, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>9068923
>potentially kill Marvel maybe DC AY's. Or Mafex might eventually.
In the case of Mafex I wish they would, their release schedule is painfully slow

I doubt this will affect AY at all, these seem like they'll come out and quickly be forgotten about
>>
>>9068937
I looked down the page and noticed some of these are exactly like Sentinel's, reusing the Iron Man mold for the other characters.

Yeah I think you're right, but some of them look interesting like Red Skull.
>>
>>9068350
Ah too shame....
I get them in the almost same point as you when I was in senior high school, I bought a DMC1 & DMC2 with whole set for once, and that's my first time to know who is Yamaguchi and become his fans.
But I got to say: the plastic material they use is lame, my all Dantes are broke in ankles or wrist and I don't know how to fix it so in the end they're all gone.....
I really should keep them and find a way to make it work, damn.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.9 MB, 4032x3024)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
Excuse the shitty phone picture but I got these guys a few days ago and I think this summarizes their relationship.
>>
>>9069020
This is why I hate trying to use my phone to share shit.
Does anyone know any good method to tighten up Cables cannon? The parts are a little looser than I thought they would be.
>>
>>9069020
Crop your photo before uploading. Just shave off a little and it should reorient itself correctly.
>>
>>9069023
A layer of tissue paper will do the trick. You need to act smart if you want to use superglue because some of the hole-peg combination are not all loose.

Is it the grip that's a separate piece?
>>
>>9069027
>>9069020
Testing to see if it works
>>
>>9069030
Funny enough the grip is actually pretty tight on it. It’s the 2 front barrels that a loose. I have some tissue paper lying around my house somewhere. I’ve also heard sticky tack can work well in small quantities.
>>
>>9069038
Maybe? I'm not familiar with the stuff. Seems like pain if they get pushed back to the bottom of the holes though. Tissue you can yank them or blow them out easily.
>>
>>9069033
Quickly get it>>9065955
It's OK>>9059762
Before? >>9059649
This one make it over! >>9060648
Or
>>
I finally shipped my Bakugou from HLJ and can see what everyone was talking about with the forearms. What a shitshow. They're so bad they make it one of my least favorite figures in the line so far, right above Batman and Spider-Man.
>>
File: UNCR10028_i.jpg (31 KB, 752x564)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
anyone else have this nigga? I'm thinking of having him as my first revoltech, anything i should know? the other sneaking suit snakes look a lot better desu except for the joints which freak me the fuck out but this something about the way he struts convinces me otherwise
>>
>>9070813
He's pretty nice. More or less the basis of AY. The ball jointed hips are kind of restrictive though. NOT because of the belts but just the way the sculpt and ball joints are done. If you find him at a good price, go for it, otherwise most AY since have made improvements overall.
>>
File: StormAvengers.jpg (1.33 MB, 1280x1990)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
I'm gonna take a guess that the AY after Endeavor will me a Marvel lady, just because there hasn't been one in a while. Which one, I have no idea.
>>
>>9071495
Man this version of Storm is hot.
I always wish they can make her, a sexy dark skin heroin with tight suit and a lot lighting special effects, it'll be sick.
>>
File: 1613656628600.jpg (48 KB, 379x227)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>9061099
>>9061101
Moshi, moshi Yamaguchi-san
>>
>>9071495
I'll guess it will be any Marvel shit, which one who knows

Here my bets

-Taskmaster
-Black Widow
-Thor
-Cyclops
>>
File: 1622861546231.jpg (193 KB, 1108x1477)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>9070813
Just like the anon above said: get one if you find a right price and you won't get regret dude.
He is the only one sneaking suit venom snake in the 6 inches action figure, otherwise it's Play arts one with 7 inches.
>>
>>9071735
>play arts
Those cost about as much as a Hot Toys figure lmao
>only venom 1/12
There’s one by a chink third party called AEHAB, it’s got a shit ton of accessories and such, and it looks like Kurt Russell, but I don’t trust that easy.
>>
>>9071772
I forgot that third party one, that is not bad also from I heard.

And bro
Perhaps you can use "Chinese or Asian" instead of "chink", ok?
Unless you don't care at all.
>>
>>9071772
Third party one is fine.

>>9071838
>Muh fee-fees
Kek
>>
>>9071772
>There’s one by a chink third party called AEHAB, it’s got a shit ton of accessories and such, and it looks like Kurt Russell, but I don’t trust that easy.
Get him if you get the chance, as another MGS fan i can't recommend it enough.

>>9071838
>Perhaps you can use "Chinese or Asian" instead of "chink", ok?
>Unless you don't care at all.
Haha
>>
>>9071838
Found the reddit faggot
>>
>>9073459
Yeah right.
>>
>>9071838
>Unless you don't care at all.
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>9073798
Fuck face, no one interested with your sex intention here so no keep it yourself.

I thought here is a nice place for everyone loves toys no matter what people you're, guess I'm wrong though.
>>
>>9073841
Fuck off ESL chink retard.
>>
>>9073821
And where hell you think you're?

Oh right
A website on the fucking internet!!

When you come to my country which is Taiwan or any another Asian countries and get into some difficult situation, I'm pretty sure you'll feel so good when you heard the local said "where do you think you're?"
>>
>>9073869
What?
Feel uncomfortable to let anybody here knows you're a faggot?
Go back to your place, fuck face.
>>
>>9073876
Difference there chinky boy, I'll know where I am.
You still don't seem to know where YOU are.
>>
>>9059389
Man, seeing that pic I can only think of either the "Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor" meme or the JOKHA BABEY one.
>>
>>9073905
Yeah keep dreaming my white monkey boy.

Or you can make another thread talking about "where hell you think you're', I bet you'll have many of your comrades come to with you.
This used to be a nice revoltech thread an I'm happy to discuss with a lot people on here before, thanks you guys to make it into a shit hole by now, peace.
>>
>>9073927
You're way too sensitive to be on this website.
>>
File: 1622899897064.jpg (320 KB, 2048x1364)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>9071838
I don't care, no.
Post revoltechs.
>>
>>9073955
Fuck off racist
>>
File: 1571713708921.jpg (130 KB, 1200x900)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>9074052
No, but thanks.
Post revoltechs.
>>
>>9073876
Nobody will give a shit in asia lmao silly LARPing asian american
>>
>>9071838
>>9073841
>I thought here is a nice place for everyone loves toys no matter what people you're, guess I'm wrong though.
>>9073876
>When you come to my country which is Taiwan or any another Asian countries and get into some difficult situation, I'm pretty sure you'll feel so good when you heard the local said "where do you think you're?"
>>9074052
>Fuck off racist

You're just making yourself look like a very fragile and whiny little shit, just ignore it and post about toys moron.
>>
Can we keep Revo general clean of the retarded shit-flinging that is rife in most other generals and threads?

Just fyi, the guy is actually from Taiwan and he posts some pretty cool pics on Instagram, so don't be fags about it.
>>
>>9074221
Nobody cares about ig and your gay social media you fucking retard. Fuck you and that chink.
>>
>>9073876
>When you come to my country
Why would anyone ever go to your shithole country lmao
>>
>>9074513
No anon, fuck-a-you.

>>9070813
>>9071735
Looking to pick up this upcoming GIjoe pack specifically to have a 1/12 D-dog to go with that Venom snake.
>>
>>9074068
woah that looks rad. never thought about posing carnage like this
>>
>>9074757
That's what Amazing Yamaguchi should inspire you to do. To combine the pieces in the most outside the box arrangements and have some fun.
Try it out.
>>
Is there even a slight chance Yamaguchi would do Guts? I feel like he'd make an really great amazing yamaguchi.
>>
>>9075085
I feel like its a boring design and the manga sucks
>>
>>9075085
he only does capeshit now, sorry bro
>>
>>9075085
I doubt it. But it would be amazing. Especially if Yamaguchi digs into that stylized, dynamic angular style of his and integrates a shit ton of effects and crazy articulation.
The cape would be a cock, though.
>>
>>9075085
You already have Max Factory for that, fuck off
>>
>>9075089
shit taste

>>9075676
the figma sucks and they made the armor smooth
>>
>>9059476
Is that why Arkham Knight comes with weapons he never used in the game? Because DC is banning guns in characters that use them?
>>
>>9075740
berserk sucks and is full of naked children and bbc rape
>>
>>9075085
They had plenty of opportunities over the years when Revo were picking any IP's they could because it didn't really affected sales that much. If they didn't then they won't now. And it's likely they hate the idea of taking advantage of someone's death. When Mizuki Shigeru passed away Senmu made fun of all the Kitarou merch popping up, bragging they made revoltechs years ago. I think there was a reissue few years later but it wasn't that blatant like they guy died he's on the news so buy his stuff. If they made AY now it would be and Kaiyodo is better at respecting artists than that. The most they'll do is a celebratory reissue if they made something before.
>>
>>9075849
Yeah. Don't know about comics or other media in general, but toys they have a weird mandate now. Probably because in America, Toys = For Kids. So even these Japanese collectibles for 15+ are being roped into this meaningless gesture for anti gun violence campaign.
>>
>>9075851
>muh FUCK BERSERK meme
Fuck off MoeNonce.
>>
>>9075920
>Not liking Berserk is a meme
>>
>>9075920
not even mister metokur likes berserks and thinks its gay bbc rape fantasy
>>
>>9075920
Miura subscribed to this magazine
>>
>>9063438
what the fuck is that
>>
>>9076038
>drawings are real human beings
back to tumblr/twitter/etc
>>
>>9076038
based miura
>>
>>9076036
And Mr Metokur is a bedridden cancer patient who can't see or hear properly anymore, he just lies there while his mail-order bride cleans his shitty diapers and puts on moe-shit anime blu rays for him to listen to while he shitposts on twitter and rots.
>>
>>9076029
Yeah, it's a meme that tranny contrarians started spewing while Miura-san's body was still warm, like the attention-whores they all are.
>>
>>9076359
he said shadows house is better than berserk
>>
>>9076359
>berserk fan calling others faggot
didnt the last page of the last chapter end with a naked boy?
>>
>>9075889
It was kind of hilarious seeing the promo pics for the McFarlane Suicide Squad figures. 90% of them are known for using guns, and they were all posed up with swords lol
>>
>>9076398
Hilarious seeing people noticing about it and shills deffending it
>>
File: yama..png (1.63 MB, 1306x729)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktwh8k7Puc

Is this Yama-sama?
>>
>>9076452
>rushing into the hall like monkeys
>ignores the Kaiyodo stall
Kek.
>>
>>9075085
It would be a great AY, but I don't think it's possible to know who has the rights to the IP. And as the other Anon said, it depends on whether they feel as if it would be taking advantage of Miura's passing. If there was already one in the works maybe it'll get announced later this year.
>>
>>9076452
Yup that's him, looking based
>>
>>9076452
He's not an attention whore like Senmu but he does make some public appearances, interviews and such. Although I don't think I heard his voice before.
>>
>>9076794
>Senmu
Who?
>>
>>9076797
It's a nickname really, but CEO (former I guess) of Kaiyodo, Miyawaki. Son of the founder.
>>
>>9070813
any chance they're gonna do battle dress snake? i would literally kill for one
>>
>>9077383
Nah they're never doing MG stuff again.
>>
>>9077441
damn, it's not like I was clueless about the fact that it's dead but like fuck.
also is AY exclusively the cape-shit line? I want to see them do more monster hunter
>>
>>9077451
No. AY is just where Yamaguchi makes amazing figures. Other Revos might be spectacular or all-new all-different or even friendly neighborhood. But only the AY line is amazing.
>>
File: ay_flyer2.jpg (995 KB, 1240x1754)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
>>9077451
When AY started (even called AmeComi Yamaguchi then) despite the name they did mention they intend to do things other than comic superheroes. The wording was more like characters that suits the style of comics, but that's just Yamaguchi's sculpt style anyways. So to me it sounded like nothing has changed, just the current market demand for superheroes are high, so we're getting superheroes. But we already got some outliers, depending on how you see them. Optimus Prime isn't capes and tights, also originally Japanese design. And MHA is comics inspired but a typical shonen manga. Eventually when popularity shifts or competition gets too tough the lineup of AY will change. It's just another name for Yamaguchi Revoltech.

Monster Hunter, who knows. That's one of those properties that will never die in Japan. Probably not for a couple of years though.
>>
>>9062503
Because it’s a bunch of self important editors and sales people having the say over actual creatives.
>>
>>9065857
Im surprised at how nice Joker turned out so I’m open to an AY two face, mr freeze or poison ivy
>>
>>9077559
So there's a chance for AY Hellboy, Spawn or even Invencible?
>>
>>9078034
>Hellboy
1000Toys already did the definitive import Hellboy, and they tend to avoid doing exactly what anybody else is. So probably not
>Spawn
No chance Todd would let Yamaguchi show him up by making the first ever actually decent toy of his flagship character
>Invincible
Possible since nobody else has jumped on it, but I don't know if it's likely. I think Mafex based on the Amazon animated series are more likely since they have The Boys.
>>
>>9078034
Omni Man and Invincible would be pretty cool.
Thragg too, to be fair.
>>
what's the acceptable price for an old revoltech fig?
>>9074726
is the play arts kai d-dog too big?
personally I'm going for that D-walker third party, it's a little pricey but he'll go really well with it
>>
>>9078183
>what's the acceptable price for an old revoltech fig?
Depends entirely on the fig. Aftermarket for some goes high, for a lot of them it stays low
>is the play arts kai d-dog too big?
It's scaled to PAKs, so yes, it won't fit with revos, that's for sure
>>
File: 1596103805448.jpg (99 KB, 320x240)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>9078034
>Spawn
never ever
>>
File: minispawn2.png (1.43 MB, 702x937)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>9078034
0% for all of those. Maybe 1% for Invincible.

They're not doing comics characters outside of Marvel and DC. What you need to grasp is that on Japan these characters are mostly known from the blockbuster movies, not the comics themselves. There are some MvC 1 and 2 nostalgia but selection is mostly geared to those knowing who these characters are from big hit movies. They tried with Spider-Gwen pre-movie and failed to sell her. As for streaming I don't think Kaiyodo can be sure of the popularity to risk making figures.
>>
>>9078034
Was the 1000toys not to your satisfaction? Or do you just want more but different?
>>
>>9070813
I have him and his face is really loose for some reason, everytime I move his head it pops out; it's really annoying. Also his weapons don't seem to fit properly into his hands for whatever reason.
>>
>>9079158
The neck joint's peg isn't the best. You'll need to adjust the tightness in that case. And the weapon holding hand is tricky. Easier to place the gun in while the hand is separated on its own, then plug into the wrist joint.
>>
>>9059389
Makes me real glad I never got the PAK, not even for free.
>>
>>9063438
I'd take a regular Hibino as well.
>>
>>9076362
nah berkserk has always been gay shit for faggots and you're primo-faggoto numero uno you fucking spastic bitch made faglipped pussyboy
>>
>>9079158
>>9079287
well, im getting him used so wish me some divine luck
>neck joint peg
how do you adjust that? i hear you can adjust the tightness of the joints as well or did i mix my figures up
>>
>>9079393
At least PAK has guns.
>>
>>9079853
Yeah but they really make a nice melee character out of this and in two forms.
>>
>>9078566
Here's a better never ever
>>
>>9079838
Increasing friction, either by thickening or heating. Blasting the head hole with heat on its own should make enough of a difference.
>>
>>9080064
whoa i gotta look into this, will this work for any toy?
>>
>>9080335
It’s just physics so yeah for the most part
>>
>>9079915
mcfarlane, fuck off
>>
>>9080335
Heating works on PVC but not other plastics. But most completed toys are made out of PVC.
>>
>>9073955
That tanjirou looks amazing, what is it?
>>
>>9081234
Aniplex buzzmod
>>
>>9080515
You fuck off retard, Mcfartland clearly doesn't have a monopoly on 40k if joytoy and Bandai are making toys.
>>
>>9081267
>he doesnt own fortnite skully
>>
>>9078034
Not necessarily. Kaiyodo is veering mostly towards capeshit characters that are ultra-popular, because Western comics and cartoons are going to overall be riskier in Japan. When they did used to pick semi-obscure characters, they were Japanese.
Also I'm not sure MacFarlene would let a rival toy company produce a Spawn so easily.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 320x180)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>9081268
>T.
>>
>>9081381
then why Arkham Knight? Red Hood could've been the main face with AK as the bonus swap, but it was deliberate.
>>
>>9081839
Probably because Mafex has been doing more and more comics versions of characters, AY felt like doing something different. And he looks like Metal Gear characters that were best sellers in the past.
>>
>>9081839
Dude matches the taticool aesthetic that Kaiyodo is famous for. I’m excited for him but I’ve always enjoyed designs similar to his.
>>
>>9082024
>>9082019
yeah i think ill end up POing him, better than that DC collectible fig i was seriously considering paying 150 usd for lmao
I hope he scales well with little armory stuff cause I'm going hard into that direction
>>
>>9082028
>scales well with little armory stuff
I doubt that. Those scale well with SH Figuarts or Figma. This guy will likely be close to other AY like Cable height wise. He's like a head taller than a typical Figuarts.
>>
>>9082149
Assuming his hands are the same as Deadpool or Slade, I suppose their guns will fit in his hands. I'd be interested to know what 3rd party weapons will fit AY figures.
>>
>>9082158
AY are about the same size as American brands action figures so their guns or 3rd party guns intended for them should work. If they fit in their hands.
>>
File: 1621433723608.png (455 KB, 1000x1412)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
>>9082149
>>9082158
>>9082177
looking at his stats rn, and he's only 10mm taller than venom snake supposedly, and i attribute that to his bat ears. venom snake looks good with LA.
For me that's reasonable enough evidence that he can hold an AA-12 without looking goofy
>>
File: clean.jpg (599 KB, 1821x2800)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
>>9082177
really want to get into ML so bad for the spidermen but GOD DAMN even revoltechs do so much better hiding their gaps. why do toy reviewers still pretend MLs are superior lmao
speaking of superior, AY Superior Spiderman and Octopus pls when
>>
>>9082346
>why do toy reviewers still pretend MLs are superior
No one does this. At least, no one delusional. ML are decent because they’re cheap and they have a solid character selection.
>>
File: 1622766242905.jpg (45 KB, 1200x627)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>9059389
NO GUNTHS NO KILINTHS
>>
>>9082588
why is it that when they review revos they always have to pretend they're annoyed when revoltech does something experimental like the batman cape? hell, i saw this dude say he preferred the ML sculpt compare to the revo war machine sculp and that thing fucking MOGGED it, it was almost twice its size, a lot more proportional too
>>
>>9083151
Because the Marvel Legends war Machine has a ton of nostalgic attachment to it while the Revo is a stylized take on a design that appeared briefly in a mildly regarded movie.
>>
>>9083154
they aren't based on the same design?? the one from IM2 right?
>>
>>9083156
Ah, you didn't specify which Revo and which ML. I guess it could've even been the old Revo and the Wal-mart War Machine from ages ago.
>>
>>9083173
sorry i forgot there were iron men before AY
>>
>>9083151
To be fair, I can understand being annoyed with the cape
>>
>>9081264
Dont think ive heard of buzzmod, how's the quality?
>>
>>9082327
Modern AY are bigger than Vulcanlog era Venom Snake though. Also height given in description is off. It's not the ears he will be bigger than Snake overall.
>>
File: IMG_0966.jpg (1.18 MB, 3264x2448)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>9083502
well shit
>>
File: IMG_20210607_144246_663.jpg (151 KB, 1440x1440)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
For the anon wanna collect venom snake, if you feel ok about 3.75 size then you can consider with this one of revolmini line, I just bought my second Soviet soldier recently.
>>
File: IMG_20210607_144246_595.jpg (157 KB, 1440x1440)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
The binocular is from the mini solid snake.
>>
>>
>Soviet soldier
It kinda sucked how they priced him, excuse was all the extra weapons he came with, but those ended up being included with alt colour Venom Snake, so a bit pointless. Especially to army build.

But not what I wanted to talk about, what sucks is we never got more cut swivel action figures at cheaper prices. More than those blindbox figures of the past. Something like those Votoms Scope Dogs. I think it's still viable idea for like a smaller half price (still be 4000+ yen...) action figure line. Less complicated than Revol Mini so maybe be cheaper. Yamagucj already has a full plate so maybe when AY becomes too expensive they drop in sales, he gets more free time... Kinda going full circle for Yamaguchi action figures.
>>
File: IMG_20210501_194134_043.jpg (141 KB, 1440x1440)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>9084231
You're a truly old hardcore Yamaguchi action figure collector, I can tell.
The T-K collection DX Votoms Scope dog he made is so classic and fun, just fucking love it, and his blindbox DMC1&2 is also very good.
What you said is same as my thoughts as well, it's cheaper a lot than the revoltech by now although it's still fun, however I'm worry about the all cut swivel joints perhaps is not for the most people's appetizers.
Let's just see what'll happen in the after days with his work and how Kaiyodo think about it.
>>
>>9084882
Yeah honestly I didn't knew exactly who Yamaguchi was until announcement? or release of first Revoltechs. Maybe I knew some like Gaogaigar and Temjin action figures prior. Anyways I liked the Revos so much I tracked down and got as many Yamaguchi action figures I could. For the smallest figures I liked Macross and DOA, bigger stuff Moribito 2 and Gunbuster.

>not for the most people's appetizers.
I'm never quite sure where people stand sometimes. Like what some hate about AY is the work involved to pose, all the moving parts you can go super OCD over to pose perfectly if you cared, i.e. too much freedom. It's why I think statues always have a (bigger?) demand. Cut swivels(and some ball joints) figures he makes have limitations sure, but also act as guidelines to sets of cool poses, not free range but sets of intended good poses, and some might prefer that. Like people who hates that prefer the freedom and try to treat those figures like they should take poses they want to, not what Yamaguchi intended them to. And that fight causes them to hate them?

AY Venom which definitely was sold to more people than any non-Revo Yamaguchi figures before, was well received even though waist down was practically the same as cut swivel action figures. Like I don't recall people hating on the legs, besides durability perhaps.

So maybe there's a market for them...? Yamaguchi might have forgotten how to do those articulation though hahaha.
>>
>>9083973
I hate Revoltech for looking decent from afar but always looking like shit up close.
>>
>>9086113
they look fine up close you're just autistic
>>
>>9086113
That's any fully painted action figure though? And don't forget the Minis and much of early revoltechs are smaller figures. This looks just fine.
>>
>>9086340
No they don't. There a few exceptions but most of Revos have that ugly glossy paint, bleeding flaws and ugly ass articulations.
>>9086464
Smile Company figmas and S.H. Figuarts figmas have way better paintings and somehow conceal better the articulations with same or better poseability.
>>
>>9083973
look at that messy prostethic red arm. It looks like it was printed in the cheapest domestic resine 3d printer out there.
>>
>>9086998
Yeah yeah we heard your point already.
>>
>>9086060
If they really return to the all cut swivel joints, then Kaiyodo better be choose some good plastic material and steady QC with it, because I'm already get enough disappointment and anger from their unsteady QC so far, and their old cut swivel action figures is so easy to break just as anybody knows.
>>
>>9086998
>Smile Company figmas and S.H. Figuarts figmas have way better paintings and somehow conceal better the articulations with same or better poseability.
They really, really don't.
>>
>>9086998
>Smile Company figmas and S.H. Figuarts figmas

Figma are frankly overpriced and I said fully painted, they're partially painted. Figuarts especially use more of the molded plastic colors, so less paints less problems.

>with same or better poseability.
The fuck? Is this some troll talking about 10 years old Revos again?
>>
>>9087046
>old cut swivel action figures is so easy to break
Oh yeah that's a given. Current figures have cut swivels at thighs and/or knees and they're fine.

I think AY QC is worse than before because they're popular they produce so many of them. If you mean better plastic as in not PVC that's never going to happen lol Kaiyodo is cheap.
>>
>>9086998
Imagine jumping into Revo general with a retarded take like that. Do you even own any?
>>
>>9087516
Of couse not, he's just a pathetic troll
>>
NEXT >>9087783
>>
>>9087516
>>9087764
lol some gives an opinion and you faggets get hurt. Go tell your mother someone said ugly things about your toys. I have some revos in my collection, some are bad and some are good.
Of course I'll be jumping into any Revo thread to say the same and again: Revoltech are mostly ugly from up close, articulation sucks and paint quality is low tier, and this is a very general opinion.
>>
>>9087787
>articulation sucks
We're not "getting hurt", just confused at your idiotic views.
>>
>>9087787
Post your Revos then retard, nobody is taking you seriously.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.