[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 61 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: oohdonkay.png (1.89 MB, 1481x977)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
I said I would post a picture of a donkey's ass as the op image because of autist anon and here it is, also the revelation figures in packaging.

PREVIOUS Thread: >>8980516

Welcome to /motu/ General -- the most powerful thread in the universe!

>/motu/ General pastebin featuring all your /motu/ news needs! Stay up to date!
https://pastebin.com/861y0g94

>Archived threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/%2Fmotu%2F-Masters%20of%20the%20universe%20general/

>Castle Greyskull now on sale in Canada at Walmart stores and Walmart.ca every so often.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/masters-of-the-universe-origins-castle-grayskull-playset-multi/6000202422203
>Wave 5 and 6 currently on preorder at BBTS:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145782
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145967

Wave 4 now at retail in the US!
Landshark now at retail in the US!
Target Exclusive Rise Of Evil Keldor and Kronis 2-Pack reaching Target stock rooms. Will presumably be an eBay exclusive. https://www.target.com/p/masters-of-the-universe-exclusive-2pk/-/A-81471773

Next deluxe wave is Mosquitor and Buzz Saw Hordak scheduled for July. No preview of Mosqy yet.

Mega Construx MotU Advent Calendar, Origins-scale buildable Battle Cat and a Heroes wave with Man-E-Faces/Filmation Trap-Jaw/mini-comic Roboto/mini-comic Tri-Klops/Scare Glow confirmed but not available for pre-order anywhere

Revelation prequel comic starts July 7
>Revelations toys in packaging revealed
>In the upcoming CGI cartoon, Castle Grayskull is a spooky fortress of magic and mystery for teens Adam, Teela, Duncan, Krass and Cringer to try to live in:
https://www.amazon.com/He-Man-Masters-Universe-Graphic-Novel/dp/1338789732
>Also Orko has been replaced by Ork-0
>>
The only one I would consider buying is Moss Man.
He-man and Skeletor don't make enough changes to the design, while Evil-lyn makes too many bad ones, but Moss Man hits the exact sweet spot where he's different enough to not look like a Moss Man I already have whole still being recognizably Moss Man
>>
Id rather stick with classics. any news on the other toy line for the cg animated show?
>>
I may grab evil lyn depending on the size just for the head.

Probably skeletor too since I try to always get skeletor.
>>
>>8984158
Grab her all you want, she's still not giving you head
>>
How much could be done with MotU depending on the heroes used:
Teela, Man-At-Arms: you know the drill. Alternate interpretations available if you look beyond the extremely similar Filmation & 200X.
Stratos, Buzz-Off: whole realms of flying animal people. Maybe they don't always get along, as touched on in 200X "Sky War"?
Ram Man: I dunno, he's a dumb guy built like a linebacker who does low-altitude Dragoon attacks.
Man-E-Faces: 200X made a go at trying to use this guy as a soldier while keeping him toy-accurate. Maybe it's time to let him be a spy by changing his whole appearance? Remember the Spider-Man TAS Chameleon, whose figure had a face-change gimmick but the show didn't keep him looking the same below thw neck?
Orko: Veiled wizard from another world. I think kids today would understand if you made him a Black Mage instead of comic relief.
Mekaneck: 200X was so earnest about trying to make every toy badass, and even they made an episode about him lamenting his gimmick. Maybe you could play a military recon role straight?
Fisto/Moss Man/the Goddess: environmentalist heroes
Roboto: make his limbs transparent and make him military recon with MEF & Mekaneck? Make him tanky and have the guards be techy guys like him, Man-At-Arms, Extendar, etc?
Sy-Klone: a Red Tornado-like superhero
Extendar: robot or cyborg knight who uses reach to defend his allies
Rio Blast/Snout Spout/"Healor": Rescue Heroes, a sheriff a firefighter and a medic (medical "Trap Jaw" arm? White Mage?). Give them individual or shared emergency response vehicle.
Clamp Champ: "Heroic master of capture" - captures villains instead of shooting/chopping them? I mean, that's kind of everyone's thing depending on level of censorship. Could fit with the Rescue Heroes.
Gwildor: dwarf inventor, you could make "Thenuria" a country on Eternia if you want to use him at the beginning of a reboot without dealing with interstellar travel, even an underwater country to keep the non-obvious lore of being amphibious
>>
>>8984073
Gee these look so bland. No soul.
>>
>>8984073
Lmao the madlad actually did it

Seriously though, thanks for making an effort. I never wanted to be the "nofunallowed.png" guy, but it's kind of irritating when I come to the /motug/ and I see walls and walls of text about the comics. I don't read the comics and i'm sure some of the anons here don't either so how am I supposed to have a fun discussion? I tried starting conversation topics about the toys but those would get drowned out again, by the walls of text about the comics
Admittedly the last thread had less than half of the posts talking about the tie-in media (the show, comics, etc) so I concede that I was just residual bitching about the previous few threads. In retrospect, my posts were half coming from s good place and half shitposting. People should be allowed to discuss the tie-in media whether that be shows, movies, comics, fucking coloring books, whatever. But again, put yourself in my shoes. You come to a toy thread on a toy board and 80% of the discussion is about the tie-in media. You have no knowledge of the tie-in media and want to discuss the actual toys themselves. But when you try to start discussion about the toys, it gets drowned out by the tie-in discussion

I'm beating a dead horse at this point but the point of my post was thank you for making an effort, those that have been making an effort to make the discussions toy related lately. Even talking about the old cardart, or old lost protos or what have you. I'm sorry i've become the crotchety old toy purist.
>>
File: 20210504_100301.jpg (1.02 MB, 3024x2008)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
So I found a copy of thst Dark Horse "Art of Masters of the Universe" book

>in 200x, the 4H designed a pterodactyl man action figure that never got in

Goddammit.
I mean, I guess Draego-man might be a spiritual successor, being another flying red reptile, but I like my dinosaurs and pterasaurs.
>>
File: MotUC-Horde.jpg (346 KB, 1440x1080)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>8984266
>You come to a toy thread on a toy board and 80% of the discussion is about the tie-in media. You have no knowledge of the tie-in media and want to discuss the actual toys themselves.
Anon... all the cartoons are up on Youtube and we rarely talk about esoterica like comics.

Pic related: someone who's not me's Classics Horde collection, that line's faction with the most heated/complicated fiction behind it. Just ignore the goggle girl, hooded blue guy and google guy, whose inclusion was a brand manager brain-fart.
>>
>>8984297
... yeah, neat.
>>
>>8984266
There's just not much to talk about with the toys right now. Nobody can get their hands on Origins so there's nothing to say except discuss how much BBTS sucks and how the franchise is dying again. Maybe when Masterverse gets closer to release the distribution issue will be settled.

MOTU is a slow-ass franchise, people are just gonna discuss something, ANYTHING to keep the threads alive.
>>
>>8984299
Nice Horde setup, kinda jelly of your original Shadow Weaver and Despara (I never took the subscription pill). Also kudos on being that one chump who bought three (four? do you have Buzz-Saw too?) Hordaks.
>>
>>8984299
Every time I see a Classics Horde collection pic, these guys are never in it.

I assume it's because they were Super7 and not the "proper" Classics line, but I'd like to see how the whole roster looks together
>>
File: motuc-6-Hordaks.jpg (316 KB, 1600x1031)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>8984315
>>8984317
Sorry, like I said "not mine", or I'd display those two guys and not the Larry Elmore vehicle pilots.

Wow, they released 6 Hordaks plus his brother and human daughter? So that was the She-Ra reboot's inspiration for Hordak being a clone!
>>
>>8984317
Dylamug is actually pretty cheap and easy to get, but most people think he looks a bit too simplistic due to his Filmation styling.

Wrap-Trap was a complete shitshow since many people wanted him and few could get him.

Also missing from the display depending on your definition is the Horde Wraith, Double Trouble and Rattlor/Tongue Lashor.
>>
>>8984321
>too much masturbation Hordak on the far right
>>
>>8984326
Kek
>>
>>8984324
I'm not a PoP fan, didn't realize Double Trouble was Horde. Thought she was good, like Man-E.
Didn't forget Rattlor and Tunglashor, but I don't see the point in kicking a fuss because I know most fans probably DONT include them as Horde (I do, though)
And I forgot Horde Wraith existed. Oops
>>
>>8984073
On paper, these are good. $20 and every figure comes with lots of accessories, hands, and even a swappable head on Lyn. But for some reason I'm not impressed. I think my expectations were probably too high for $20 figures. I guess I'll wait for in-hand reviews
>>
Filmation Ep. 124, "The Toy Maker"
Skeletor: "Now what am I going to do with a toy maker, hmm?"

>it's a metahumor episode
>>
>>8984324
And that's why we need Origins or Masterverse do overs for both, so they can fit more aesthetically with the collection in which they are included AND be more widely available for mass consumption
I know my Horde won't feel right without them
>>
>>8984348
>I know most fans probably DONT include them as Horde (I do, though)
I do! Rattlor and Tung Lashor are Etherian Hordesmen until King Hiss magic gates them to Snake Mountain. I always follow that PoP-to-post Filmation comic lore and will often play pre-change scenarios with them.
>>
>>8984073
>all male figures half naked
>female figure completely covered, practically wearing a burkah
(((Mattel))) does it again
>>
>>8984348
>I'm not a PoP fan, didn't realize Double Trouble was Horde. Thought she was good, like Man-E.

She was never in anything except some comics, but her gimmick was supposed to be that she was a good warrior who could masquerade as a Horde agent (or sometimes just a "friend of Catras" in that vague mini-canon). She's like Punch/Counterpunch.

>Didn't forget Rattlor and Tunglashor, but I don't see the point in kicking a fuss because I know most fans probably DONT include them as Horde (I do, though)
>And I forgot Horde Wraith existed. Oops

All good anon.

>>8984358
I'll only buy a Masterverse Dylamug if it fits with my Classics which I doubt it will since they're already at a smaller scale.
>>
File: MotU-DreeElle.jpg (91 KB, 1000x1000)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>8984388
Pictured: Islamic propaganda
>>
>>8984392
>since they're already at a smaller scale.

They are? I thought Masterverse was supposed to be basically the "new Classics", 7 inch and plussed out
>>
>>8984348
>And I forgot Horde Wraith existed. Oops

I own Horde Wraith and I forgot about him. He’s still in package.

I was kind of out of Classics near the end, so I missed almost all the Super7 stuff. And they seem pretty expensive on the aftermarket that they’re not worth Me getting.
>>
>>8984427
Same here. But that's mostly because I'm in Europe and Super 7s rules and fees for shipping here were absolutely insane at the time and I just couldn't motivate that cost. And then you also had to preorder everything. Meh, I miss Fang-Or and Wrap Trap a little but they weren't worth it.
>>
>>8984427
Post your other classics
>>
>>8984324
Why couldn’t anyone get wrap trap?
>>
>>8984234
>I try to start a discussion about almost every vintage Heroic Warrior
>zero replies even though we know Mr-only-discuss-toys is here
>>
>>8984297
Ooooooh, him I want. I'm a sucker for big jaws on reptile dudes.
>>
The floating torsos alone make the new figures a huge leap ahead. I followed MOTUC for a while, until I got bored, but these look modern, well-engineered, come with a lot of accessories and look fun. I'm interested.
>>
>>8984433
Again, that's why we need do overs. Everyone thst wants one should be afforded the opportunity for Wrap Trap, Fangor, Dylamug, Karg, Lodar, etc.
>>
>>8984427
Hordak's action feature is a 1982 twist-waist, or changing his hand into different weapons, or launching a buzzsaw
Modulok and Multi-Bot's action feature is body rearranging
Mantenna's is extending his eyes
Leech's is sticking to smooth surfaces
Grizzlor's is being a floof
Horde Trooper's is exploding
Dragstor's is lying on his belly and zooming on a wheel
Mosquitor's is a blood-pumping torso
Catra's is... I forget; I'm not a 40-year-old woman
Entrapta's is entangling hair
Octavia's is 4 extra grasping limbs
Shadow Weaver has no gimmick
Scorpia is a bug woman with no gimmick

Dragstor and Scorpia would benefit hugely as toys from being Transformers.
>>
>>8984436
Gonna have to be a bit more specific than that. I got a random selection.
>>
>>8984073
I hope this will be the "new" Classics. They have double-jointed knees and a nice torso joint. I just want to see the original designs though, I'm not buying into any niche stuff.
>>
>>8984467
>Shadow Weaver has no gimmick
>Scorpia is a bug woman with no gimmick

Shadow Weaver can have a floating gimmick like Orko. Scorpio can have a claw strike or tail strike gimmick.
>>
>>8984467
>Scorpia is a bug woman with no gimmick

She has the same gimmick as Whiplash.
>>
>>8984492
>I'm not buying into any niche stuff

Define "niche stuff"
>>
Masterverse looks better than Origins.
>>
>Filmation Ep 127, "The Ancient Mirror of Avathar"
>Prince Adam/He-Man, Moss Man & Melaktha the archaeologist VS Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw in a pirate costume & Two Bad
>"I thought the island of Avathar was only a legend."
Every time. Even though these people are in a conflict between an undead bodybuilder and a shapeshifting sorceress whose enforcer is the Golden Age Captain Marvel in Stone Age clothes.
I like the unique cast, though. I would buy Pirate Trap Jaw.
>>
>>8984559
You remembered my complaint from a couple threads ago, ha!
>>
>>8984548
Don't try to start something. They both have their own unique aesthetics, the kind of product they are, and they both bring different things to the table. They're not even opposing lines, one could collect both and it'd make for 2 perfectly coherent parts of a MOTU collection.
>>
>>8984468
All of them
>>
>>8984548
Based opinion
>>
Anyone here own enough Classics to snap a photo recreating the Christmas party?
That's vintage MotU 1982-1985 minus Roboto (ouch), Snout Spout putting the star on a Christmas tree, Randor and Marlena, Adora, Queen Angella, Glimmer, Bow, Frosta, Castaspella, Flutterina, Peekablue, Perfuma, Kowl, Sea Hawk, Razz, Lizard Man, Dree Elle and Uncle Montork.
>>
>>8984234
Some of the ideas you listed were actually utilized in 2000X to some degree. Namely the thing about stratos and buzz off's peoples disliking each other. 2000X also showcased Duncan doing some recon every now and again, and though they kept orko's characterization largely the same, his power level was implied to be great. Many people have pitched this idea of a dark mage orko, but whenever Im faced with it I cant figure out how that would impact his personality. Would dark mage orko just act like a gandalf type? Furthermore, on the subject of Duncan, I always liked the idea of him being a human tank. 2000X kind of implied he was a cyborg if I recall correctly, so with that in mind it'd be kind of neat if he became some crazy fusion of captain america and war machine.
>>
>>8984234
>Roboto: make his limbs transparent and make him military recon with MEF & Mekaneck? Make him tanky and have the guards be techy guys like him, Man-At-Arms, Extendar, etc?
I like this, Greyskull's own think tank of brutal warriors capable of creating the gnarliest of weapons and warriors. It would be a good way to explain how so many of these wacky vehicles come about anyways. Likewise, I always had this idea that Marlena's arrival on Eternia was responsible for this technological revolution as her ship was really advanced. So maybe it could be implied roboto was a direct result of that, or hell, was even her ship's A.I. given a terrestrial body. Either way it would make great use of Marlena's origins as an astronaut and explain some of the crazy tech on Eternia.
>>
>>8984764
Post a pic
>>
>>8984234
Rio-Blast, Snout Spout, and Healor being rescue heroes is obvious but perfect. I loved the idea since we first started kicking it around here. However in addition to Clamp Champ (who should be outfitted with a bionic commando esc robo arm with a claw) joining this rescue hero faction, I think moss man and sy-klone should too. My ideal take on moss man was always a direct rip of swamp thing's depiction in his 90's animated series. A cheesy do-gooder plant man who tells kids to stay out of trouble. Im not against the idea of him being an echantress tier magical entity though, I just cant help but want goofy swamp hero guy at the same time. Likewise, this is why I want Sy-Clone to join the rescue heroes, cause your take on him pretty much makes him the perfect go-to for air support as either stratos or buzz off would be tangled up in diplomatic affairs.
>>
>>8984130
Not yet unfortunately, masters of the universe ; mystery incorporated is being kept under tight wraps for whatever reason.
>>
File: whybother.jpg (172 KB, 835x1387)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>"Wave 4 now at retail in the US!"
That's a lie. Not a single store in my area has anything but wave 1, mostly just He-Mans & Skelletors. It's the same problem that killed the 200xline, but without the fun H & S variants like Jungle He-Man & Disco Skelly-tor.

>"Revelations toys in packaging revealed!"
They look really nice, but Origins' shitty distribution and the fact that anything beyond wave 1 is scalper bait here in the US has really cooled my enthusiasm for He-Man in general. I just want a nice low-cost toyline to impulse buy when I go shopping. Like the good ol' days. Like what Origins specifically panders to.
>>
>>8984764
>tfw no "Snake Mountain" Christmas party for symmetry
>Vintage MotU 1982 - 1985 minus Stinkor, Tunglashor putting star on a Christmas tree, Horde Prime, Hordak, Shadow Weaver, Catra, Scorpia, Leech, Mantenna, Grizzlor, Entrapta, Octavia, Vultak, Dylamug, Imp, Strongarm, Batros and Icer
>>
>>8984073
They don't look bad IMO. Not sold on Evil Lyn cuz shes being way more modest, but the rest look fine.

That H they decided to use on He-mans harness is stupid though. I wish they'd just stick with the iron cross.
>>
>>8985067
Mattel wants a symbol that they can copyright and monetize, and that isn't constantly under attack by the PC/SJW crowd. So the Battle Armor logo is used.
>>
>>8985110
I don't really get people's problems with this. It isn't like the Iron Cross was ever important in any way outside of being a design cue. It's a cool one, sure, but it isn't like there's no basis for the 'H' as well, which as you mentioned was on the Battle Armor.
>>
File: DE_Band_mit_RK_(1).jpg (1.07 MB, 1437x1899)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>8985110
I'm not defending the change BUT to people unfamiliar with He-Man, they really only think of pic related and Tapout shirts when they see an iron cross.
>>
>>8985135
West coast choppers
>>
>>8985169
isnt there a picture of Jesse James throwing up a heil?
>>
https://youtu.be/nWiourQYWpM

Brand new review for the only wave 5 figure I'm excited for.
>>
File: 1620099066262.jpg (245 KB, 720x960)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>8984858
>Ork-0
Because they know it's shit.
>>8984158
It's an unusually dull Skeletor but I might grab him too. I dislike it for the same reasons I wasn't thrilled by his design in 200X, but I can't quite articulate why. It's just a very plain look for him. I don't mind a white skull; the custom in pic related is wonderful to me. But he's somehow so...lifeless looking. It's not too late to hope that he has red eyes. Can't make out any details in these leaks.
>>
File: 1560461815360.jpg (107 KB, 929x1024)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>8984297
We were robbed.
>>
>>8985206
Looks really good, but I probably won’t pick him up. I already have the wave 3 Mer-Man and I’m not into variants of existing characters
>>
>>8984308
>>8984930
Is Mattel unaware of their inadequate distribution for this line, or do they simply nor care about selling their products?
>>
>>8985302
I've been assuming it's pandemic related and they have no control over distribution but I'm probably being too generous.
>>
>>8985285
>I’m not into variants of existing characters

Neither am I, so I left wave 3 in the store to hold out for the better option.
>>
>>8985320
I don't know about Mattel, I'm relatively new here, but Hasbro's distribution has always been terrible.
>>
>>8985237
One of the few customs of the origin line thats done well. good job
>>
>>8985336
I wish it was an official variant. Thought it was when I first saw it. Could have been cheaper now than the actual Langella figure.
>>
File: MOTUCIGSkelFaker2.jpg (216 KB, 1300x1154)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>8985347
You can still piece it together somewhat easily by sourcing parts from new adventures skeletor and the skeletor from the molarr two pack. The big problem is finding a replacement torso, since roboto is really pricey.
>>
>>8985206
I want him. This version and the LOP Beast Man when he comes out will be the default versions in my collection, along with the 200X Evil-Lyn.
>>
>>
>>8985375
Another cool custom here too
>>
>>8985400
EAT SHIT BLUE-SKIN
>>
>>8985402
That's just a head swap
>>
>>8985420
>That's just a head swap
doh! lol! I was looking at the tiny skulls on the costume , they look like custom made but anyhow, still looks cool!
>>
>>8985375
This would have been the best Skeletor in the Classics line if they hadn't done that outrageously petty cost-cutting bloat armor. It's still top tier.
>>
Why DO Malaysians get they're shit so early? Like, places here don't even have wave 4 yet, and they're getting they're Fistos, Fakers and Mer-men
>>
>>8985432
The puffy chest is probably the reason you can still buy him for retail.
>>
>>8985433
Anon where do you think toys are manufactured?

Hint: It's not Detroit.
>>
>>8985432
I love the New Adventures figures they did. Especially Skel and Adora. Space adventurers were the logical next step for He-Man. Never even seen the cartoon but it's probably really bad if everyone's so put off by it.
>>
>>8985478
>Hint: It's not Detroit.
lol
>>
File: bride-6.jpg (77 KB, 504x379)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>8985483
>Never even seen the cartoon but it's probably really bad if everyone's so put off by it.

The cartoon is very bad. But the characters are fun. It's one of those weird shows like that.
Slush head makes me laugh with almost everything he does and says, but the episode plots? So poorly written and boring.
>>
>we won't know what the potential of Masterverse will truly be until this stupid Netflix tie-in is over with
Suffering
>>
>>8985586
You're officially not allowed to buy the Masterverse Revelation Spikor. Hope you don't like how he looks.
>>
>>8985050
Now that you mention it, there SHOULD be. Skeletor acts good once a year, on Christmas. But Horde Prime wouldn't show up, because he considers Christmas a threat. Swap in Rattlor and Modulok.
Modulok could be giving the likes of Mantenna and Dylamug Christmas packages, with them making wacky expressions as they open them to find individual body parts, like his "The Treachery of Modulok" plan.
>>
>>8985507
Characters >> plot, here
>>
>>8984548
Unbased opinion
>>
File: IMG_5823.JPG.jpg (190 KB, 1600x1200)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
You know what would be cool?
Instead of a rip cord, if he had a dial like the game Perfection.
You wind it up, and he literally has a tic-tocking count down timer to explosion, and when it hits zero is when he pops and flies apart.
>>
>>8985756
wtf why didnt they think of this
>>
>>8985680
t. motu newfag and just got into the line with origins
>>
>>8985759
He literally even has the big knob on his chest that could easily have been the timer dial
>>
>>8984548
Masterverse looks utterly soulless right now. Sure, they've got better articulation than Origins, but that's not why any of us are here.
>>
Taking stock, it seems the classics I'm missing are somewhat of a mixed bunch.

First version of Randor
Chief Carnivus
Count Marzo
Adora
Snout Spout
Photog
Stonedar/Rokkon
Jitsu
Strobo
Modulok
Two-Bad
Rio Blast
Lizard Man
Horde Wraith
Sundar
Despara
Crita
Queen greyskull
Sky High
Fighting Foe Men
Snake Men
Vykron

I need to make some kind of priority on what to track down due to how pricey this shit is now.
>>
>>8985856
Don't speak for me. I value articulation over everything in a toy and i think the masterverse toys look more appealing than origins in that regard
>>
>>8985771
t. fag who doesn't buy toys and only want to star shit
>>
>>8985884
Weirdo.
>>
>>8984832
Alex Ross has the worst original designs
>>
I hate Sy-clone and Fisto. Probably the two MotU characters I hate the most.
>>
>>8985880
If you want my opinion:
Adora, Snout Spout, Modulok, Lizard Man and Jitsu should take top priorities
After that, Randor, Carnivus, Marzo, Two-Bad, Rio Blast, Horde Wraith, Sky High
And all the rest don't seem worth having to me, so I'd leave those until I had the must haves, and the mid tier ones
>>
>>8985904
What’s wrong with Fisto?
>>
>>8985856
If Masterverse is soulless, could it only be because the first assortment is based on a cartoon everyone assumes will be trash?
Once the line takes on a different series or whatever, might it not get better?
>>
>>8985926
Judging these first releases by design alone, there's just no spark to the designs. This could still be Kevin Smith's fault, but most likely the character designer was someone else.
>>
>>8985915
>Adora, Snout Spout, Modulok, Lizard Man and Jitsu should take top priorities

Dont I fucking know it. I should never have let Jitsu slip, hes so fucking expensive now, so is Adora. Lizard Man is the most manageable of this lot.

>After that, Randor, Carnivus, Marzo, Two-Bad, Rio Blast, Horde Wraith, Sky High

Carnivus and Marzo are the easiest here. Two/Bad is a fucking mint sadly, as is Sky High.
>>
>>8985919
He is boring and the gimmick is uninspiring.
>>
File: 20210504_195633.jpg (766 KB, 2560x1440)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
>>8985896
Now post yours
>>
>>8985919
Not the guy you responded to, but Jitsu does the exact same gimmick while not having s crap head sculpt and having way cooler armor.
Fisto falls in the same category as Multi-bot and Stonedar...a cooler looking toy does the same thing, so your superfluous and unnecessary
>>
Beast Man
Beast Man
Beast Man
>>
>>8985930
>by design alone
He-Man is He-Man and Skeletor is Skeletor. Moss Man is more or less Moss Man with a bit more variance in color. And everyone is jumping on the fact that Evil-Lyn isn't Evil-Lyn because she doesn't match her usual aesthetics, not considering or maybe not caring that this look may be integral to what's happening with her character in the series. So if you're talking design alone then you can only really speak to Lyn, as the others are more or less the same as always. If you're talking about the aesthetics of the figures, that's another thing.
>>
>>8985955
I wish I had a Classics Man-E-Faces.
>>
>>8985980
MUSHROOM
MUSHROOM
>>
>>8985980
Dude i wish stock was like that in Canada..
>>
>>8985958
Multi-Bot is one of my favorite vintage figures, because Modulok is #1 and he can be two robots, a bigger badder robot, or an expansion pack for his creator.
Funny, my Top 4 are all Horde, with Mosquitor and a deluxe Hordak rounding it out.
I don't think I was even old enough to be aware of MotU before the 1985 Christmas Special: I know I had Flying Fists He-Man to fight the Horde and Evil Warriors before anyone could find the Original He-Man and Skeletor to gift me.
>>
>>8985980
Imagine that stock going on clearance and army-building Beast Men.
Skeletor: "Beast Man XIV! Where are you, you furry fool?"
Beast Man IX: "Uh, he's over there, Boss."
>>
File: tenor.gif (937 KB, 300x200)
937 KB
937 KB GIF
>>8984324
>> cheap and easy to get
>> is over $120+ on ebay
>>
>>8985981
>And everyone is jumping on the fact that Evil-Lyn isn't Evil-Lyn because she doesn't match her usual aesthetics, not considering or maybe not caring that this look may be integral to what's happening with her character in the series.
So you're saying it's a plot point that she's wearing pants?
>>
>>8986010
Yes, potentially. Does it sound so far fetched that she'd be living somewhere cold? I figured the fur hood would have been a solid hint for that.
>>
>>8986020
So she really is just a Waterbender now
>>
>>8986022
She's more of a necromancer and witch and has nothing to do with water or the moon, but sure, just about the same as a waterbender.
>>
>>8986009
I had cough up 150 for this handsome bastard because it was the best deal by far I'd seen for him. I think I'm done with Classics because I don't want to keep doing this. I'm so distraught that I didn't really get into MOTU just a few years earlier.
>>
File: nudistlyn.png (1013 KB, 1000x750)
1013 KB
1013 KB PNG
>>8986020
should have gone somewhere warmer or a nudist colony.
>>
>>8986030
>have both the filmation Ultimate He-Man and Skeletor misb
>just want the toy Ultimate He-Man and Skeletor
>the toy versions are like double the price
Feels bad, man
>>
>>8986048
I really want the toy Ultimate Skeletor, too. I feel like looking up listings for it costs me money, so I gave up completely on that. At least Filmation Skeletor is Skeletor to me, as cool as the toy-based version looks with the green skull.
>>
>>8986030
I get scared to play with toys I end up having to spend more than a hundred bucks on. I keep mine mint on card like I bought a painting.
>>
>>8985903
Confirmed big gay
>>
>>8986069
Mine's MOC because I'm moving later this year and don't want to make that more of a hassle than it already is. I sure feel that, though.
>>
File: 1620172905185.jpg (34 KB, 189x415)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>8985980
damn, might've missed out on a good'un if it's hidden like that
>>
>>8986040
Still waiting to see that trademark for Nefarious Nudist Evil-Lyn to yield tangible results. I suspect the trademark for Naker is related.
>>
>>8986040
>WHY CAN'T I COOM
>>
>>8985880
What have you got to trade? I’ve got a spare stonedar, vykron and randor
>>
>>8985880
Wait wtf you have all the other classics except these? Impressive
>>
>>8986030
I had him and He-Man on pre-order and had to cancel them, and now each of them alone costs double what the two would have cost me. Normally I'd bite the bullet, but these toys just are not collector tier prices for me.
>>
>>8985884
I feel you, As much as I love /toy/ I find a lot of what people like here doesn't align with my own tastes. Oh well.
>>
So when are we getting pictures of Origins Mosquitor?
>>
>>8985884
I value both aesthetics and articulation, but I'd take less of the former if it meant more of the latter (within reason). Origins are great toys to play with, especially for kids, and they pose well enough that there's still a lot you can do with them, but with the additional articulation of Masterverse, they'll surely be able to do even more.
>>
>>8986054
I love my Ultimates Skeletor with the Alcala head, but man I want to get . second head to make it less green.
>>
>>8985980
Beast Man
>>
>>8986277
I hope kids are enjoying them. I want this franchise to have a future. It's not going to come from anything on Netflix.
>>
File: 1526695759886.gif (309 KB, 1406x1073)
309 KB
309 KB GIF
>>8986278
The green is perfect for me because he looks like a character from a cursed webcomic I like. I'm still really hoping they make an Origins variant with the head so I can ostensibly afford it. Going with the yellower minicomic hue would really fit the "Origins" theme. I really don't understand why he's never looked like he does in the comics in anything else.
>>
>>8986246
Classics had good articulation, but the funny thing is that if Mega Construx added swivel and hinge for the feet, they'd be packing about as much into 2".
>>
File: 15__scaled_600.jpg (87 KB, 1069x600)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>8986306
The Origins of evil 2pak has the Alcala head, I thought?
>>
>>8986354
They cucked us out of it at the last minute. It's just a regular Skeletor head with shiny eyes due to a reflective panel behind the face.
>>
>>8986277
I agree with your entire post. Mainline MOTU toys have forever had the curse of always, ALWAYS being aesthetics/sculpt over articulation. 80s toys were 5poa bricks, 200x were well sculpted 5poa bricks, Classics' articulation was standard for the time but are now obselete, great sculpts though. Only ones that have gone pound for pound with sculpt and articulation oddly enough is Mega Construx.

And now Masterverse seems to be the modern normalization of articulation along their peers like ML, BS, Mcf, etc. I will say that the DC Multiverse figures have some of the worst articulation of any 6" scale domestic line out. I really hope that isn't the case with Masterverse, though and they just try to 1up their brandmates like Classified. Especially if they start doing classic versions of characters.
>>
>>8986297
I feel the same, ive got no interest and very little faith in the new media stuff, add in whatever studio stuff is going on behind the scenes and it smells like a piss party. Its wild to me that motu has such a good bone structure but no one can fill it out now or maybe its more that no one can meet all the expectations at once. Id just like a new motu story that gets me excited and engaged. Ill put up with alot for a good story.
>>
File: Skeletor's Day Out.webm (2.91 MB, 800x250)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>8986376
>Its wild to me that motu has such a good bone structure
>but no one can fill it out
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>8986376
It's brimming with potential and it really is insane how rarely it's utilized. If it sticks around, though, sooner or later, somebody's bound to get it right.
>>
>>8986389
this is better than the last 10 years of crap.
>>
>>8986401
It is. If the Sony movie ever gets made it'll probably be the worst of the three modern takes brewing, too. Fortunately it's probably not coming out of Development Hell. Their He-Man just walked. Thing seems doomed.
>>
File: MOTU Revelation.png (2.88 MB, 1999x1119)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB PNG
>>8986367
I assume you mean Mattel's DC figures since you said 6"? Mattel was behind the times in articulation for a long time, but towards the end of their DC run they were finally almost getting there. I think with Masterverse they finally figured it out, from the looks of things. At least in terms of points of articulation (even females having double elbows). Hopefully the range is just as good, and that they finally figured out how to do softer crotch pieces so the legs can actually move up. I'm hoping they surprise us with excellent figures.
>>
>>8986412
The Revelation designs were clearly just an awful way to introduce a new line. Hopefully we can look back on it as a funny blunder when we have much better takes on the characters from the same line.
>>
File: image-asset-1.jpg (329 KB, 1200x676)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>8986412
>>8986416
It would never happen, but my dream is motu by import brands. I'd love for He-Man to be able to do these kinds of poses
>>
>>8986430
If only.
>>
>>8986430
The only Japanese company that can do the muscular detail on an articulated figure while still keeping the detail looking rugged is Medicos and their SAS line, imo. SHF and Mafex muscular guys just look really soft, and Revoltech is too fragmented looking for mostly bare skinned characters. I'd rather just have Mezco figures or downsized Mondo. American companies have gotten way better at articulation at the higher end.
>>
>>8985955
>d-dude, this is my pic, t-trust me
LOL
>>
>>8986430
Pretty sure the Masterverse figures will be able to hit these poses. Nothing about that pose is hard to achieve save maybe the torso, but if they have a ball at the waist and they certainly have one in the mid torso, it shouldn't be a problem.

An import brand would probably make He-Man, maybe Skeletor (still waiting on that AY Megatron, Kaiyodo) and I'd think that would be the end of the line.
>>
>>8986479
>An import brand would make He-Man, maybe Skeletor
Reverse that and I'd for sure say you're right. Skeletor overall seems more popular, even people who aren't necessarily He-Man fans can still enjoy that character.
>>
>>8986505
>thinking an import brand would start with a villain
>>
>tfw there's a bit of paint runoff on your Classics figure
>too expensive now to buy a second one
'tism burning, seething
>>
Nothing but Wave 1 in my Walmart. Picked up some extra Skeletors to hand out to my first few trick or treaters, though, since I'm sure that'll come back in style this fall after a year of no Halloween. Nyeh heh heh.
>>
File: granamyr21_full.jpg (196 KB, 600x900)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
"Humans sure suck a wet fart, I don't even get one thanks. Want my help? Get me the wood of a sentient tree for me to use as kindling. This is most definitely not a test I swear."
>>
>>8986591
"My figure costs 600 dollars used. This isn't a test, either."
>>
>>8986603
How many people actually own Grandpa Get Off My Lawn Dragon?
>>
>>8986364
Makes me wonder if they'll do a SDCC Skeletor like they did with He-Man two years ago and put the Alcala head there
>>
>>8986644
If it'll make the figure overly expensive and exclusive, they'll do it.
>>
>>8986406
Who would you guys pick to be He-man? Ive noticed everyone gunning for either Hemsworth or Evans, but personally I think Pratt would make for the best filmation esc He-man. He the one actor I can think of who carries himself with the same goofy but well intentioned and moral nature of the cartoon. That, and of the three chrises, he's the one who fits the look most. Likewise I wouldnt want the movie to be "sooper seereus", i'd prefer something akin to Army of Darkness or Shazam in tone.
>>
>>8986719
I definitely agree with you about the tone; Shazam would be a perfect inspiration for it. Pratt didn't occur to me, but I'm struggling to think of an actor myself, and he fits the criteria you presented. I really like Hemsworth, but he'd basically just be playing Thor again if he were to take the role, so I wouldn't think he'd be a good match.
>>
What's the status of that entire "mattel no longer owns MOTU" debacle? Has any news come out confirming or denying it? At this point it just seems like people are arguing about it sans any real basis.
>>
>>8986724
Given that Mattel has put out MOTU toys this year...why are you asking this?
>>
>>8986722
> I really like Hemsworth, but he'd basically just be playing Thor again if he were to take the role, so I wouldn't think he'd be a good match.
Hemsworth's Thor is unironically one of my least favorite parts of the MCU. They took one of my favorite silver age marvel heroes and turned him into a dude bro with alcoholism. In effect, that has made me dislike Hemsworth by default, as he can only really play two kinds of characters. He's either "obnoxiously serious action man" (like he is in most netflix originals) or "cartoonish oaf with a heart of gold". Neither of which fit either Thor or Heman, but I digress.
With Pratt on the other hand, you'd literallt just have to put him in a loincloth and give him a bowlcut and you'd be set. If I held the reigns behind a MOTU movie, I'd go as far as to give cringer a voice. I'd aim for the utmost filmation accuracy possible. Everything the 87 film avoided would be at the fore front of my ideal take on the film. Purple space mountain vistas, pink grasslands, armored green jungle cats, etc. Hell I would even have skeletor drop a few of his classic jabs at his underlings.
>>
>>8986733
Mostly because I just want a definitive answer. Im sick of the up in the air status of this mess, and given all that mattel has done in just the last two years alone, I'd be disheartened to see the brand ripped from their loving embrace. It's the first thing they havent fucked up in a while and Id prefer to keep it that way.
>>
>>8986734
I'd love to see the proper settings and scenery in particular. Nothing's really doing that sort of thing right now.
>>
>>8986738
With star wars in such a sorry state, MOTU is in the best postion it could ever possibly be in to overtake their spot as leading scifi juggernaut. Yet everyone with their finger in the MOTU pie is seemingly barring the franchise from achieving such greatness. MOTU's greatest strength lies in its origins as a patchwork of popular fiction.
However, I think we will end up seeing the Thundercats over take MOTU as their movie is actually in good hands, where MOTU is seemingly always locked in development hell.
>>
>>8986745
There's been a Thundercats movie in development hell for well over a decade. I do want to see it finally given life, though. I trust Wingard with it.
>>
My ideal MOTU cast would go as follows
>Chris Pratt as He-man
>either Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Stephen Lang as Man at Arms
>Paul Giamatti as Skeletor (voice)
>Aubrey Plaza as Evil Lynn
>either Emma Stone or Christina Hendricks as Teela
>Tom Green as Cringer, John Goodman as Battle Cat
>Brock Lesnar as Beastman
>>
>>8986757
Another option for Teela I had in mind was Bryce Dallas Howard, as she showcased good chemistry with Pratt in the first Jurassic World.
>>
So are the Fuerza-T characters forever locked in legal limbo or what? I ask because I'd like to see them either canonized or return on their own. They were fun designs.
>>
File: 1606235727624.jpg (302 KB, 960x720)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>8986757
>Christina Hendricks Teela
>Aubrey Plaza Evil-Lyn
my dick wouldn't be able to handle it
>>
File: POP Cardback.jpg (438 KB, 944x1280)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
Which of the MOTU/POP girls should go barefoot?
>>
Origins Scare Glow's black paint looks really superficial and I'm worried about it coming right off. The thread holding the cape on him looks pretty fragile too. Maybe I'm just trying to talk myself out of being so eager for my preorder to finally work out.
>>
I saw some hate on Classics Buzz Saw Hordak last thread. Should I be worried about the one I've got on the way?
>>
>>8986869
I asked what the problem was and it came down to them not looking how he's pretty much just regular Classics Hordak but cheaper feeling because his gimmick hollowed out his chest cavity and made him lighter. I have an Origins Buzzsaw Hordak on the way myself (well, "on the way" isn't really accurate, it's BBTS, but you get it). I was kind of forced into ordering him because the standard's sold out, though.
>>
>>8986874
*not liking how
>>
>>8986860
Entertainment Earth says Scareglow doesn't arrive until July, counter to BBTS's fallacious and coy suggestion that he'll arrive this month (which has never proven true but remained ubiquitous). This line is dead. Mattel killed it by refusing to ship it. Very bizarre game of 4D chess they're playing against themselves.
>>
>>8986734
>Hell I would even have skeletor drop a few of his classic jabs at his underlings.

Instead of killing Saurod, Skeletor shakes his fist and says "you spark spitting simpleton! Here's some sparks for you!"
Little fire cracker blasts at his feet to make him dance and then dropping him down a trap door.

He'd still be written our of the film, but at least he'd still be alive
>>
>>8986943
10/10
>>
>>8986261
When either Entertainment Earth decides to post it (like with Buzzsaw Hordak) or when it hits shelves in Malaysia (like wave 5)

But seriously, why is Mattel so bad at this with Origins? At the risk of getting the "shipping/distribution" griping started again, they can't even give us stock pictures of what the upcoming toys will look like? No press release? No communication to consumers? Just letting us find out when it hits stores with no hype?
>>
>>8986745
>With star wars in such a sorry state, MOTU is in the best postion it could ever possibly be in to overtake their spot as leading scifi juggernaut. Yet everyone with their finger in the MOTU pie is seemingly barring the franchise from achieving such greatness.
As I've said before, revealing the Filmation Horde after you've established the He-Man/Skeletor/Castle Grayskull Sword & Planet setting with your core Heroic & Evil Warriors basically makes it Star Wars.
>>
>>8986813
Bow
>>
>>8986943
>dropping him down a trap door.
>He'd still be written our of the film, but at least he'd still be alive
He experiences the loneliness of evil.
>>
>>8986813
As I've said before, I hate their tights for making them look like 1980s cardio bunnies rather than medieval fantasy women. Castaspella's toy had bare legs under her boots and vintage Double Trouble wasn't even used, so in your group shot I'd say it's most important for Glimmer to go barefoot.
>>
>>8987047
Toy Angella also just wore a leotard
>>
File: angella_front.jpg (34 KB, 450x600)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>8987048
That's correct, in both senses of the word.
>>
>>8987052
Man they really made her frumpy in the Filmation series. It's the hairdo, that tight bun hair is only seen on older women in cartoons.
>>
>>8987047
I'd say either Angella, Glimmer Mermista (when she's in her two-legged form) or maybe one of the b-team like Peekablue or Perfuma. I mean perfuma was barefoot in that thing we don't talk about so there's precedent, but on the flip side, nobody cares about any version of Perfuma.

I feel it would be OOC for Frosta, Casta, Catra or Entrapta
>>
>>8987047
To be fair, Etheria doesn't feel like a "medieval fantasy" in the same way Eternia does. They share the same universe, but they aren't the same planet.
The costumes only pose a problem if you really insist on mashing them together rather than just accepting them as "separate but equal" franchises thst can crossover but don't necessarily need to
>>
>>8987067
>To be fair, Etheria doesn't feel like a "medieval fantasy" in the same way Eternia does. They share the same universe, but they aren't the same planet.
What I notice is that outside of Horde technology, Etheria seems more primitive than Eternia. On Eternia, we see Eternos, lots of ground and air vehicles including non-toy ones like tractors, etc.
Unless you're Horde, Etheria is all farmers and castle towns. They could have been in the Bronze Age when the Horde landed.
>>
>>8987088
>Etheria is all farmers and castle towns.

See, that is the part that doesn't feel like it fits, to me.
You say the leotards don't fit because of bronze age farmers, and I say thr farmers don't fit because i define Etheria more on the whispering woods and crystal castle.
Eternia is sci-fi sword and sorcery, Etheria is superhero fairy tales. And the leotards work well with that.
This is an admittedly clumsy and inexact analogy, but I see the Great Rebellion vs the Horde similar to Justice League fighting an invasion from Apokolips. So tights are fine.
>>
File: She-Ra_concept.jpg (150 KB, 632x541)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>8987104
I prefer the early development of She-Ra where it was just a continuation of He-Man desu. This was when it was still developed by the studio that handled MOTU and before it was handed over to the girl doll development team who eventually did the toyline, frilly dresses and picknicks and fashion shows and all.
>>
Okay but we're getting off-topic. Let's continue analyzing which She-Ra characters should show feet.
>>
>>8986860
It might, blank paint apps in particular seem quite shoddy and spare. Be careful. My Origins Orko got knocked off a table during a photo shoot, the only paint damage was to his sigil. Kinda bummed, as it has perfect paint otherwise.
>>
>>8987203
*black, not blank This is what I get for trying to type pre-breakfast.
>>
Hordak's history:

?: Hordak is born, somewhere. He has an older brother.
"Eons ago": helps build Eternia's Central Tower ("Enter... Buzz-Saw Hordak!"), which the Ancients would later sink far beneath the ground with Viper Tower and Grayskull Tower (which stood "before Castle Grayskull") to hide them from King Hiss. ("The Ultimate Battleground!")
??: is trained in magic by the wizard NOAH, who isn't evil and in the present day lives on Etheria. (Filmation: "My Friend, My Enemy")
Thousands of years ago: active on Eternia when the Ancients banish most Snake Men, a few join him ("King of the Snake Men").
Right after this, Hordak attacks King Grayskull's Castle with armored infantry, Horde Wraiths and his elites LEECH, MANTENNA and GRIZZLOR. They are banished from Eternia (200X, "The Power of Grayskull").
???: mentally projects himself to Prince Keldor of Eternia and teaches him (200X, "The Price of Deceit").
Year Adam/Adora are born: physically leads a Horde invasion of Eternia with Skeletor. Defeated, he flees to Etheria with the infant Adora while Skeletor is captured. In Etheria's Kingdom of Mystacor, SHADOW WEAVER betrays her people to the Horde. (Filmation, "The Price of Power")

At some point, the noblewoman SCORPIA of Etheria's Crimson Wastes pledges fealty to the Horde. CATRA is taken into the Horde. OCTAVIA joins.

19 years after arriving on Etheria: Hordak has become a master of technology, rapidly changing his own body into machines. DYLAMUG has been built. Adora is now a Force Captain. She defects. (In a couple of continuities, Hordak raises her himself under the name DESPARA.) MODULOK defects from Skeletor to the Horde. He builds MULTI-BOT.
Somewhat later: Hordak builds DRAGSTOR and Extendar (the latter is committed to the Heroic Warriors). MOSQUITOR joins the Etherian Horde.
>>
>>8985856
I think a part of that is most of the designs (evil-lyn’s design withstanding) aren’t all that far off from their 200x designs. Those designs are cool but it doesn’t really feel like something exciting or fresh
>>
>>8987216
... I forgot to mention Entrapta, who suddenly appeared as a Horde engineer at the beginning of Filmation PoP season 2, coinciding with being released as a toy.
>>
>>8987217
I'd argue that they look more like the original designs than they do 200x. 'Exciting or fresh' rarely goes over well with MOTU fans (at least for existing characters), some of the saddest people in existence (just look at the posters on .org, it's so damn embarrassing),
>>
>>8987228
>just look at the posters on .org, it's so damn embarrassing),

They've given me a knee-jerk dislike for Classics fans. I don't hate the line itself, but when I hear anyone bring up liking Classics more or wanting things to be more like Classics, I automatically assume they're a entitled whiny faggot
>>
>>8987228
Embarrassing is definitely the best word for that thread. Classics had HOW many toys?
>>
>>8987287
I think it was close to 200?
Entire vintage roster, entire PoP, all the actually good Filmation characters, the most memorable minicomics characters, I think ALL the 200x OCs. Besides maybe finishing NA and doing 200x Sorceress, what else worthwhile was there?

At yet I've honestly seen shit posted like "Mattel needs to be nicer to Classics fans"
>>
>>8987228
>>8987237
>>8987287
>>8987302
Keep in mind these are people who hated on 200X while it was running as well because "it wasn't Filmation".
>>
>>8987304
People like that are par for the course with these legacy ips. That cycle of people disliking a new iteration because it’s not like the previous one happens all the time with TMNT (e.g. 87 fans shitting on 2003 when it was new shifted to 2003 fans shitting on 2012 when it was new).
>>
>>8987314
Transformers too.

The difference between MOTU and Transformers or TMNT is that MOTU has never had a reinvention that was equally popular as the original cartoon and toyline, and so the fanbase is almost entirely angry 80s kids who go "NOT MUH" at everything.
>>
What if Hasbro owned MOTU?
>>
>>8987318
This is why I'm hoping against hope thst somehow the CGI show is GOOD.
let it be He-man's Transformers Animated or Nick TMNT
>>
>>8987326
They won't, but if they did, let's just say they'd love the 'bucks' system even more than they already do.
>>
>>8987326
We'd get the best articulation of any domestic line
But lose tons of sculpted details
>>
>>8987343
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
>>
>>8987343
Hssbro did Xevoz
I would not complain about losing sculpted details if there was a Xevoz style motu line, they were ridiculously fun
>>
>>8987158
Damn it that's the she-ra I would have been down for.
>>
>>8987352
Too bad Stikfas is fucking dead.
>>
>>8987365
Yeah me too. Apparently she was going to be on Eternia too, just with a cast of mostly female warriors on her side.
>>
>>8987328
I agree. I'm a late-comer to He-Man. I kinda dug the 2002 series, but mostly only ever cared about the movie. Growing up i always thought the cartoon kinda sucked, especially compared to the likes of GI Joe and Ninja Turtles. I only really got into MOTU a few years ago when I grabbed some cheapo Classics to fill out the world for my toy photography based webcomic idea. And the og fanbase that I've seen in the time since are really obstinate and u welcoming of any new ideas. This fandom needs an injection of new blood stat.
>>
>>8987371
Etheria is such a craphole compared to Eternia it might as well be a worse Mexico or something.
>>
>>8987374
Yeah the 80s aerobics aesthetic alone is crappy enough. I wish it was a bit more like MOTU other than the Horde who are already great.
>>
https://www.netflix.com/title/81154670
>Kids' TV
Uh-oh.
>>
>>8987383
It's OK, Trollafag, this show is EXCITING, see?
What a relief!
>>
>>8986772
Locked in a legal black asshole of epic proportions. I don’t even thing the company that made them exists anymore but I could be wrong.

They did make a recent appearance on the Battle Cat box but to Mattel legal it’s just shadows of Beastman, MerMan, Webstor and Clawful holding the Havok Staff.
>>
>>8987383
"This show is...
Exciting"
Prove it.
>>
>>8987374
I think the best thing a Filmation continuation could do is pick up from PoP and address what the deal is with this galactic empire that can't conquer Eternia, focusing on what the deal is with Hordak as a character? >>8987216
Probably make the plot arc them getting their act together, the rebel leaders fleeing to Eternia, and then the Horde invading Eternia again like in the Filmation-continuation mini-comics and newspaper comic.
>>
File: 20210505_081447.jpg (191 KB, 916x1900)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
I thought we were finally gonna see Skeletor call Clamp Champ the double n-word and an awkward sex scene like Castlevania.
>>
>>8987287
I think I ignored MotU's existence from 200X's cancellation in '03 or '04 until one day in late 2015 when I looked up lore on the .org for the purpose of ripping off Skeletor and the Horde as villains for the Dungeons & Dragons campaign I was running, and found out that Classics was long since locked out to newcomers as you'd need to have bought a Jan-Dec 2015 subscription service to get any of the modernized vintage figures.
>>
>>8987408
I feel the same way. I wanted to see that. I also wanted to see Tri-Klops watch Mer-Man blow Beastman and tell him to say “What a wonderful tea party” after he swallows to cum.
>>
I thought Revelations was going to be a miniseries like GI Joe Resolute.
>>
>>8987388
Is "exciting" the latest code word for "pandering" or something?
>>
>>8987318
MotU was a global phenomenon that's never been able to bottle that lightning again. It had foreign language tie-in fiction in Western Europe and a Third World country like Brazil, and was apparently popular in India as well as Latin America.
When Mattel tried to reboot it for the 2002-3 crest of '80s nostalgia, it was running on Cartoon Network alongside TMNT 2003 and Transformers Armada. And it just... died, while Transformers plugged along for 3 shows/seasons and then survived a short gap when Hasbro didn't know if Michael Bay would flop or make Paramount a billion bucks. And TMNT kept producing its new cartoon til 2009.
>>
File: Teela-bikini.jpg (134 KB, 558x786)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>8987445
What kind of pandering, Trollafag? To SJWs? To the old fans ("GEEWUN" in Transformerspeak)? It's hard to do both.
>>
>>8987383
What do you think the Filmation cartoon was? If people wanted this to be a continuation of that series, would it really feel that way if He-Man was beheading Beast Man, or Skeletor killed Duncan?
>>
>>8987446
>When Mattel tried to reboot it for the 2002-3 crest of '80s nostalgia, it was running on Cartoon Network alongside TMNT 2003 and Transformers Armada. And it just... died

My memory of that time might be fuzzy, but I don't think it died so much as Mattel purposely killed it because thry fucked up.

The show, IIRC, had very strong ratings, and the King Grayskull episode even won an award
HOWEVER, Mattel fucked the line with variants that didn't sell, and thrm being a toy company equate no toy sales as "complete failure of line".
So that's Mattels fault, not the fault of tge quality of the reboot. And unlike Hasbro, which usually follows up with a new attempt when the old one fails, decided to just do Matty collector instead of giving it another reboot
>>
>>8987458
I just get the sinking feeling that we're about to get thrown under the Attack Trak. Again. I find it a little bit off-putting to be told that a show will be aimed at the original fandom ("the show fans have been waiting 35 years for!") and take a more serious tone than its iconic predecessor (anyone remember the whole GoT comparison a while back?), only to have the rug pulled out from under it - Psych! It's kiddie shit run through with Netflix's diversity agenda! Better luck in another 35 years, suckers!
>>
File: answer_me.png (460 KB, 493x439)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
serious question, when can we expect BBTS to really fulfill pre-orders? Ram Man says April but is it going to be first come first serve up and through June at this point?
>>
>>8987500
Being a motu fan is suffering
>>
>>8987500
>Trollafag is a schizo culture war faggot
I'm glad there's more wrong with you than just your idolization of the worst aspects of MotU.
>>
>>8987511
... why do you ship this?
I know we've been over "Evil-Lyn and Skeletor aren't a couple" before, but Two Bad?!
>>
>>8987498
So just different corporate cultures between the American toy Big Two? Ouch. This fandom is suffering.
>>
It's funny how one of Neitlich's things as brand manager was elevating Trollans to the status of Guardians of the Universe.
>>
>>8987547
Seems like it. Let's compare:
>Animated is popular, but Hasbro kills it because of disagreements with CN and plans for Hub
>Immediately spring Prime for their new network
>Hub fails and Prime looses fans
>But immediately try again with RID
>and when thst fails, here's Cyberverse

On the flipside
>Mattel kills MYP show because toy sales suck
>"will we try again? Naw, let's do Matty collector and give them classics as a pacifier"
>>
>>8984073
any toys of this design yet? i want to see them fuck that up already
>>
>>8987500
I'm under the impression it's gonna be "older kids" shit due to the "kids" labelling and motu was predominantly a children's franchise, but as "older kids" they can get away with a little more crap.
Woke? Whelp Kevin Smith, he hasn't been funny since Clerks 2 and does a lot of cringey self depreciating jokes about himself.
Serious? Probably means it's gonna be dry and shitty maybe with social commentary and shit like how Voltron the Legendary Defender went from mech show to dull social commentary and who's fucking who ship fest.
>>
>>8987516
Based. That dude is cancer
>>
>>8987583
No. Looking at the aesthetic I wouldn't be surprised if they're on the Origins body, with occasional new parts. This He-Man at least looks like he'd fit in well as one of those Playmates 5" toy type figures.
>>
>>8987608
Still wild we got a voltron show with barely any robeasts in it
>>
>>8987626
I’m guessing that this line might have more gimmicky figures compared to something like origins
>>
>>8987638
Action features and the like? It's possible. Origins is still technically a kids toyline, so it wouldn't be too surprising to see some of the characters from the show featured in that style. I wouldn't even be surprised if we see this He-Man in Masterverse. One thing I do wonder about that, is if it will fit a more coherent aesthetic to the rest of the line, or if figures in that line will remain faithful to whatever source material they come from.
>>
>>8987583
Supposedly the reason the Fall 2003 cartoon season changed He-Man's animation model from the OG to "Snake Armor" is that Mattel focused-grouped little boys after the 2002 toys were on the pegs and they said they didn't like his lack of clothing.
>>
>>8987674
Mattel focus groups suck.
>>
>>8987630
>Still wild we got a voltron show with barely any robeasts in it
I did not watch that, but I remember hearing it was a Dreamworks-purchased IP where they told someone in the industry "reboot this kids's cartoon and don't bother making it toyetic"? Just like and prior to She-Ra?
>>
>>8987685
It still got toys but the distribution was an absolute dumpster fire.
>>
File: 20210504_020504.jpg (2.21 MB, 4032x2268)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
I was curious to see how big origins Greyskull scaled with my dollfie dream...
>>
>>8987545
I just wanted some (you) and my Q answered
>>
>>8987545
A good ship for Evil-lyn would be a crack ship with a Hordesman to pass Skeletor off.
I'm gonna go with Dragstor. Evil-lyn strikes me as potentially liking fast drivers.
>>
File: Circe the Siren.jpg (61 KB, 845x474)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>YWN fuck Evil-Lyn in siren form
>>
>>8987583
Looks "fucked up" enough as it is. They took what worked well for the mini figs and blew it up, literally and figuratively.
>>
>>8987759
Dragstor deserves to get all the pussy.
>>
>>8987769
Should have been her own character and not just Evil-lyn.
Most disguises are just disguises, but Sersi had her own set of powers and a gimmick thst Evil-lyn never used as herself, so why not?
>>
>>8987816
maybe sersi IS the real one and evil-lyn is HER disguise
>>
>>8987826
...dude
>>
>>8987832
what
>>
>>8987840
Mind blown.
>>
>>8987722
Does it fit in the onahole ?
>>
>>8987583
>any toys of this design yet?
Not yeat, but I guess you can use these as stand ins.
>>
File: Siren's Song.png (735 KB, 1026x525)
735 KB
735 KB PNG
>>8987850
I mean the very last you see of her in Siren's Song is her knocked out on the ground... still Sersi.
>>
>>8987860
Glad I got Stinkor when I saw his case open on a shelf. I still payed retail for him but they don't even sell those anymore and the only wave 2 Minis I saw were He-Man and Skeletor refreshes.
>>
>>8987860
I'm so undecided about taking the plunge on these guys. They're neat, but so far they haven't made a single one of my favorite characters.
>>
>>8987875
Buy like, the 2-3 you like. I have 12 and it's not worth it because that's at least $110 piecemeal in small figures that aren't compatible with any scale.
>>
>>8987882
If the advice is "only buy 2 or 3", I'll pass entirely until the make Rattlor and Tunglashor
>>
I guess they're making a Funko Pop of Snake Mountain itself which is pretty cool.
>>
>>8987898
Also surprise, surprise. There's a Tung Lashor Soda. I don't know why they settled on Tung Lashor from a marketing perspective but he's a favorite so I'll HAVE to pick it up.
>>
>>8987903
I fucking need this. Where to buy?
>>
>>8987904
Entertainment Earth has preorders right now
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/masters-of-the-universe-tung-lashor-vinyl-soda-figure/fu56209
>>
>>8987458
I just want this Teela back.
>>
>>8987919
She was in the DC comic and in Classics.
>>
>>8987919
Same. She seems more fun and kick ass than I'm captain of the guard and Adam-kun is my kouhai that I train to the ground because he's super lazy and lax yet some how still has a six pack.
>>
>>8987855
You could shove an onahole into castle greyskull's gate but not sure why someone would.
>>
>>8987985
But that Teela IS captain of the guard, anon.
>>
>>8988004
The early DC comic is interesting because the writer invented Prince Adam, his father and Queen Marlena being an astronaut from Earth even before the Halperin bible (I think), but while the characters are in the same roles familiar from Filmation and 200X their personalities are pretty different. They chat about their body count like in that pic and Prince Adam is a womanizer.
>>
>>8987816
>Most disguises are just disguises, but Sersi had her own set of powers and a gimmick thst Evil-lyn never used as herself,
Seriously. It's not logical for her to just be Evil-Lyn's disguise.
Sersi would have made a good action figure. They could have used a lot of standard female parts but she had the hair, a unique skin color, and would have added bare lower legs to the parts inventory (when Classics did Queen Grayskull as their barefoot woman, she had elaborate greaves and stuff).
>>
>>8988064
Not to mention, she had vocal powers, easy action feature. Give her a "shrieking" sound effect action feature, it wouldn't be a stretch to add to her character that she had like a Silver Banshee scream, say her voice can seduce AND destroy
>>
>>8988078
>Not to mention, she had vocal powers, easy action feature.
Yeah, this.
>>
>>8987516
>>8987625
Wow, you sure make it easy to tell who the Org cocksuckers are, bunch of intolerant neckbearded, samethinking sycophants. You need to go back there. And get some new material while you're at it. Nothing worse than stale bants.
>>8987560
Yeah, well, Penny and Eric took the greatest of care to eradicate them (save two), so it hardly matters.
>>
>>8988050
No, I'm pretty sure the Halperin bible came first and DC worked off of it.
>>
>>8988078
>>8988064
Eh Evil-Lyn can transform herself into anything. Her sorcery can mimick powersets.
>>
What's the deal with the He-Man official YouTube channel? It has a ton of reuploads and as far as I'm aware every ep of the Filmation stuff, but maybe not New Adventures. Strangely the op for New Adventures and Filmation Princess of Power are omitted. And for a while they uploaded clips of Netflix show that must not be named briefly. They do all that but not the MYP show or any mention/ads for origins.

Hell Mattel kinda shit the bed not making a YouTube channel for Origins at least even if it was stupid stop motion sketches of the toys doing silly things like what hasbro did with tfs and kre-o.
>>
>>8988100
That would make her potent indeed.
>>
>>8988100
Maybe, but new characters will always be cooler than "existing character in disguise"
>>
>>8988104
I always got the feeling that it might not actually be an official channel and simply brands itself as one.
>>
>>8988104
Dreamworks manages the 80's MOTU upload channels since they own all cartoons except for 200x. Wildbrain owns that one.
>>
File: MOTUC-original-horde.jpg (191 KB, 1000x787)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
Come on guys, talk about the Horde with me.
How do you think Hordak's relationships with these three are different from his other subordinates? I go with the Filmation Horde (because there's a lot more characters in it), but unless I ignore the King Grayskull addition, Mantenna, Leech and Grizzlor were with him >2,000 years ago.
>>
>>8988114
Well they some how dodged the copyright strike bullet if that's true.
>>
File: Evil-Lyn Cursed.png (260 KB, 642x385)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>8988112
>>8988106
Indeed. Like this new character
>>
>>8988121
DreamWorks sure sucks with the ips. No wonder they don't even make movies anymore.
>>
>>8988123
I was under the impression Mantenna was his personal punching bag and the other two were just muscle and nothing else.
>>
>>8988123
I don't like how vividly I can imagine Hordak's penis just based on his head alone. The glans is the top of his head without the fins but retaining the bumps. The skin under that looks just like the skin where his cheeks are. The shaft is gray.
>>
>>8988123
>I ignore the King Grayskull addition

In relation to Hordak, it should be ignored. I don't like villains treading the same ground, I like differentiation.
Let King Hiss cover the "ancient evil awakens" trope, the Horde doesn't need to be in Preternia. They're fine as the invaders from another world.
>>
>>8987903

It's pretty cool knowing other people dig my favorites after all these years.
>>
>>8988142
haha thats so gay anon but how thick would it be lol lol and how about the smell?
>>
>>8988163
Between two and three fingers thick, I'd wager. The smell...I can't begin to imagine. That's overkill.
>>
For shits and giggles:
Vintage action features for non-vintage characters (first couple will be easy ones)
>Strongarm - extending arm, either spring loaded for a power punch, or just pull-out like Extendar's
>Scorpia - a tail flicking lever, rather than a Whiplashesque rubber tail
>Octavia - the tentacles, obviously, but I'd also add sticky pads to them so she can grip things or stick to walls
>Dylamug - the face...but wait there's more! The concept figure had a gun turret on his head, how about TWO action features for added fun and have it actually fire a projectile?
>Fang Man - easy choice, another water squirter. Alternate choice, a snapping jaw that works like Clamp champ's Clamp.
>Lizard Man - changes color in water for a fun chameleon power, since the poor guy has no clearly defined power as of now
>Batros - feet with a snapping "grip" action so you can have him hang upside down from stuff like a bat
>Vultak- you could give him the same deal as Batros to grab prey in his talons like a real bird of prey, or just give him wing flapping as a feature
>Icer - clear chest like Roboto and make him a literal snowblower
>>
>>8988203
>snowblower

I meant snow globe. Autocorrect
>>
>>8988112
>>8987816
Now imagine Evil-Lyn joining the heroic warriors in a new guise, using her sorcery to fake a different powerset and going full deep cover.
>>
>>8988203
I'd imagine Fang Man would more be an oversized head with retractable fangs. Not sure why he'd be a water squirter.

Octavia would sound like 2 for 1, assuming bendy tentacles and rubber pads to grip on to surfaces.

I'd give Lizard Man a spring loaded jump too. He was acrobatic and agile, so I think it fits.

Snowglobe Icer would be really fun.

Strongarm definitely spring-loaded punch, along with the regular power punch in the waist.

Masque could have a cloth cape and a removable mask, perhaps with something a bit more interesting than 'nothing' under there.
>>
>>8988212
>imagine Fang Man would more be an oversized head with retractable fangs. Not sure why he'd be a water squirter.

Fang Man was a working concept for Kobra Khan
Also his head is similar to DB Skeletor's dragon, and the studded collar on the shirt also matches the collar of DB Skel's armor.
Those two parallels are what I went on
>>
>>8988211
That's what Teela has been the entire time.
>>
>>8988260
Nah, Teela is the Sorceress' spare clone body.
>>
File: SHF_Bison.jpg (63 KB, 980x700)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>8988299
Treating your clone as a spare body for yourself sounds evil!
>>
>>8988123
I always thought of the horde as the true MOTU equivalent to Darkseid and the forces of Apokolips. Every aspect about the individual horde members gives off a bigger and meaner vibe when you compare them to the regular bad guys.
>>
>>8988397
Grizzlor vs Beast Man, Leech vs Merman and Mantenna vs Tri-Klops? Indeed.
>>
>>8988397
>Every aspect about the individual horde members gives off a bigger and meaner vibe when you compare them to the regular bad guys.

I think it's a "later wave/100% original sculpt" thing.
Because I get exactly what you mean, and when thinking about other villains, individually, I feel like Two-bad, Blast Attak and Sssqueeze have that same quality
>>
>>8988397
I've never been impressed with Hordak as a generic doomsday villain. He's inherently kind of a pitiful and pathetic creature. Filmation codified it, Netflix ran with it and made it meaningful characterization and part of his arc. In 200x he was just a looming threat that didn't get to pay off. In the original toyline, the Fright Zone is a hobo camp. He's a loser.
>>
>>8987898
They got a toy version She-Ra on Swiftwind as well. Hopefully Origins SW has the same colours and not the basic bitch Filmation ones. I know the nu-ra trannies are probably seething now the designs are forgotten.
>>
>>8988473
>photo was too large. Cut it a bit
>>
>>8988473
Those designs were never going to last. They aren't toyetic in the slightest. The production really needed tighter supervision. I did like their Scorpia better, but she's the only improvement.
>>
>>8988389
Imagine Sorceress having a whole squad of Teelas in reserve in some secret Greyskull chamber, ready to mobilize.
>>
>>8988397
>I always thought of the horde as the true MOTU equivalent to Darkseid and the forces of Apokolips.

Definitely the angle the DC canon went with.
>>
>>8988475
>like their Scorpia better

Seconded. And I'm a guy who didn't watch a single episode of the show. I just know a nice design when I see one. I would be ok with future Scorpia's keeping the over sized claws, if nothing else
>>
>>8988468
>the Fright Zone is a hobo camp
i highly enjoy this characterisation and would love to see this in at least one canon
>>
>>8988492
Yeah, the original's claws are just so dinky looking considering that's her whole gimmick. In general she just kind of looks like Catra if she became obsessed with scorpions instead of cats. Doesn't add anything to the lineup. They need a strongwoman.
>>8988494
I really like Hordak as kind of a downtrodden reject. His plot was the best thing about Nu-Ra for sure, and shows how that works. The Filmation episode about his past and how nobody in his life cares enough about him to shed tears for him, save for his nemesis, was honestly beautiful. He's a despot languishing under the shadow of his older brother, surrounded by enforcers who hate him, consistently mogged by his former apprentice, and incapable of comprehending basic virtues. Almost an evil underdog. That's a lot more interesting to me than "ohhhhh he's MOTU Satan ohhhh please ignore the fact that there's another character who's conceptually a bigger and better version of him and makes him redundant as a Big Bad"
>>
>>8988494
>i highly enjoy this characterisation and would love to see this in at least one canon

I like the UK canon compromise that Hordak's main power base is on Etheria, but due to various mystic bullshit he can only bring a little bit over to Eternia at any one time (which is why they explain him kidnapping Adora being just a small raid). They explain that it takes him a lot of effort to get even a few Batmex over, which is a Big Deal, and some of his Hordesmen are mostly limited to Etheria for the same reason.

As an example there is one story where Shadow Weaver manages to cross over to Eternia during a mystical "Halloween" type of holiday, and completely wrecks house until she's banished back to Etheria.
>>
Any of you guys seen the YouTube channel Spector creative. Heaps of insight on the toys creations and lore from a massive player and all time greats who worked on the motu classics line. If it wasn’t for this toyguru guy we would not have had the classics line
>>
>>8988596
lmao
>>
>>8988596
Very informative. Only problem is the Classics lore is mostly rubbish.
>>
>>8988512
>I really like Hordak as kind of a downtrodden reject. His plot was the best thing about Nu-Ra for sure, and shows how that works. The Filmation episode about his past and how nobody in his life cares enough about him to shed tears for him, save for his nemesis, was honestly beautiful.
I agree with you.

>He's a despot languishing under the shadow of his older brother, surrounded by enforcers who hate him, consistently mogged by his former apprentice, and incapable of comprehending basic virtues. Almost an evil underdog.
I feel like there's also an element of Badass Decay to his pitifulness. He trained as a wizard before mastering technology enough to become a Transformer (technomancy?). That doesn't mean he has to be Doctor Doom, but mastering both of those isn't typical of rejects.
>That's a lot more interesting to me than "ohhhhh he's MOTU Satan ohhhh please ignore the fact that there's another character who's conceptually a bigger and better version of him and makes him redundant as a Big Bad"
Horde Prime is definitely Satan.
>>
>>8988475
>I did like their Scorpia better, but she's the only improvement.
And not Mermista?
>>
>>8988676
The Christmas special is deep in my DNA so I'm inclined to say no but she looks fine.
>>
>>8984073
>>Also Orko has been replaced by Ork-0
Why would they do that!?
>>
How is this releasing in june if we have no info?
>>
>>8988918
None of the toys are actually releasing.
>>
>>8988920
what do you mean anon?
>>
>>8988929
The retailers are lying to secure pre orders and string you along. When it's June, the Wind Raider will be releasing in July, and so on, forever.
>>
>>8988934
Oh, I can't say I'm bothered then. Honestly, whatever makes it easier on them and harder for a scalper to inflate the aftermarket. Pre-order away!
>>
>>8988939
When Mattel won't stock the market, the aftermarket is already here.
>>
>>8988943
they're filling pre-orders aren't they?
>>
>>8988956
Oh, anon. No.
>>
>>8988959
Oh. Brilliant.
>>
>>8988676
no.
>>
>>8988676
>Horde Prime
>Hordak
>Shadow Weaver
>Entrapta
>Catra
>Scorpia
>Mermista
-are the only meaningful improvements to me. Although bodysuit She-Ra and thunder thigh Glimmer ALMOST cuts it for me.
>>
>>8988989
I liked the Horde Prime character but his being a giant mystery machine arm that is afraid of Christmas edges out for me. Hordak was perfect. Shadow Weaver was the most insufferable fictional character I've encountered in the last 10 years and she needed to be punitively raped. Didn't care for Catra in the slightest and trying to prop her up as a major villain was pathetic.
>>
>>8989001
>Shadow Weaver was the most insufferable fictional character I've encountered in the last 10 years
Precisely why I was rooting for her. Her gaslighting abilities are un-fucking-matched.
>>
>>8989004
Her classic design was better though. A square will never be as cool as a hood.
>>
To anyone interested there is a chinese ebay account by the name of "vmaont" selling MOTUC and motuo fodder. To that one anon who wants to recreate that movie styled classics skeletor custom, you could probably do it with parts from twistoid and new adventures skeletor.
>>
>>8989134
Excellent find, thank you.
>>
>>8989150
No problemo, all I ask is that if you end up cobbling something together please show us.
>>
>>8988596
Hi Scott!
>>
>>8989197
Ssshhhhhh ;)
>>
>>8989210
Can you make them reissue Classics so I can afford the ones I want that I came in too late to pick up? Do you maintain a personal warehouse you can sell a few at retail price from?
>>
File: group0131.jpg (176 KB, 640x411)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>
>>8989223
I've never seen that dark roboto. Where are these from?
>>
File: Tale-of-Two-Teelas.jpg (67 KB, 768x1024)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>8988483
... I totally can.
>>
>>8989188
That's Too Good.

>>8989223
I appreciate a matching head for the black Zodac armor.
>>
>>8989272
It's insane to me that the one on the left ever replaced the one on the right.
>>
Does the Jew on Snake Mountain's facade have any lore?
>>
>>8989340
>Does the Jew on Snake Mountain's facade have any lore?
well according to the toy guide the reason they went with that design instead of using the Filmation Snake Mountain design is because they had an unproduced "Jungle Temple" playset design lying around and decided to use that to save time and money, as for in-universe lore I don't think so beyond it being meant to be like a demon or something(the box for the original toy says something about it being the "spirit" of Snake Mountain)
>>
>>8989373
How cheap.
>spirit of Snake Mountain
>not a snake
Eh.
>>
>>8989374
The snake has been called Sarcedon or Serpos and has been seen coming to life. The goblin face is called Ka and hasn't been.
>>
File: MotU-first-TwoBad.png (787 KB, 768x1061)
787 KB
787 KB PNG
>>8989188
Two-Bad's torso is one I'd like to see get reuse.
>>
>>8989382
How many dicks?
>>
>>8989410
Four.
>>
>>8989410
>How many dicks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTXhxFvu4I4
>>
>>8989229
Customs and kitbashes.
>>
>>8989272
>>8989299
>blonde Teela is the original
>redhead Teela is a clone that replaced her
>>
>>8988818
Because the apparent hatred for the character (and every character like him) runs deep, anon. Always has. Always will.
>If a Thing is Small and Cute, It Does Not Belong
UNLESS
>1) It is made to be NO LONGER Small and Cute
OR
>2) Everything around it is ALSO Small and Cute
>>
File: 6063315803_d256d45630_b.jpg (151 KB, 667x1000)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
While we wait for thread to die and be replaced, which is your preferred Man-e face?
Team robot face here
>>
>>8989603
Monster face. He looks too typical with the robot face. It's too seamless with the rest of his design, like the man face. The monster face is an aberration. It stands out.
>>
>>8989603
TFW no female form MEF. I mean he can assume any form
>>
>>8989656
Woman-E-Laces
>>
>>8989660
>You thought that was a comely barbarian girl you scored with?
>NO IT WAS I, MEF!
>>
>>8989656
>>8989668
>MEF doesn't shape shift, just swaps faces
>getting tricked by what is clearly MEF with a woman face

You knew EXACTLY who you were doing, don't lie.
>>
>>8989656
>>
>>8989716
>Maybe I could be your girlfriend tonight?
>>
>>8989716
What if Man-E literally steals other people's faces to use in his weird disguises?
>>
File: O-Tri-Klops.jpg (342 KB, 1024x1280)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>Filmation Ep. 88, "Three on a Dare"
>Tri-Klops lives in Snake Mountain
>his next and final Filmation appearance is She-Ra 5, "Battle of Bright Moon"
You think he ditched Skeletor and struck out on his own? What kinds of adventures do you think he had?
>>
>>8989831
Probably, and likely fell back on his previous profession of bounty hunter.
>>
>>8989831
He only had like five appearances, right? I feel that the Filmation writers (being for the most part just churning out rehashed plots every week) couldn't think of any clever things to do with a guy with vision powers.
>>
very late to the game, but i wish to own Classics Battle Cat with the (200x) armor that comes with Battle Lion.

do i really need to pay about 200 shells for each one?
>>
>>8989964
Nah, battle lion is a sub-100 bucks one if you just want a loose one. BC will cost you.
>>
>>8989969
awesome.

thank you.
>>
>>8989831
The myp version did more as I recall. It's sad outside of Trapjaw and Beast Man and Evil-Lynn the rest of the EWs barely had much of a strong presence in filmation.
>>
>>8989987
I think Mer-man did ok for himself, he had at least 3 good stand alone outings.
Whiplash showed up a lot, even if none of the episodes were overly good.
But yeah, Kobra Khan, Webstor and Clawful needed more appearances, and Two Bad and Spikor needed to not suck.
And toy or no toy, Jitsu, Strongarm, Faker and Fang Man should have had more than one episode a piece
>>
>>8990045
I just remember Jitsu in the bg of one ep and little to none lines. Also how come none of the media explores the rivalry between him and Fisto? Or the possibility of him being twins with Ninjor?
>>
>>8990068
Jitsu and Ninjor barely get acknowledged in media as it is. Can't explore characters you don't use
>>
>>8989953
>Probably, and likely fell back on his previous profession of bounty hunter.
Right. In "The Terror of tri-Klops!" mini-comic, he's hunting demons, is greeted as "noble Tri-Klops" and is motivated by pay and glory.
Like any employee, he could decide Skeletor's pay doesn't make up for what he has to put up with and quit.

>>8989958
>>8989987
He was in 8 MotU episodes and they did little with his vision powers. MYP seemed to use him all the time and made him Snake Mountain's resident inventor in addition to his vision powers.
>>
>>8990045
>Whiplash showed up a lot, even if none of the episodes were overly good.
Whiplash first appears as muscle when Skeletor and Merman are stealing transport ships in "Island of Fear". Right after this in production order are "To Save Skeletor", where an injured Whiplash escapes the eldritch demon Sh'Gora Skeletor foolishly summoned and crawls to the Heroic Warriors for help, "Trouble in Trolla", where he tries to make himself a more valuable villain by forcing a Trollan to teach him magic, and "Betrayal of Stratos", where we meet his devillish master Kraal. He doesn't have any strong showings after that, but they seem to use him as a badass on par with Evil-Lyn in ensembles up to "Beauty and the Beast" (117 of 130).
MYP made him a strong moron on par with generic Filmation EW stereotypes.
>>
>>8990149
>MYP made him a strong moron on par with generic Filmation EW stereotypes.

MYP Whiplash and Clawful suck to the point I would rather they never got included in the series at all.
If they were excluded and Kobra Khan and Webstor had been on the team from day 1, thst would have made a significantly cooler villain team
>>
>>8989272
"They're friends!"
>>
File: DeeperLevel.jpg (848 KB, 1648x1040)
848 KB
848 KB JPG
>>8990158
Right. They could have either started with a tighter cast or included Kobra Khan and Webstor day one.
I didn't like how the second they introduced KK, he knows exactly where King Hiss's timeless banishment pool is and makes a beeline for it. I like Snake Mountain having mysteries like pic related.
>>
As someone who missed Classics, how many subscriptions were there? Is the .org feelin of entitlement to more Classics coming from just a few thousand people who think Mattel should solicit more Z-list Heroic and Evil Warriors for them to display next to their Fistos, Scare Glows, Dark Despot Skeletors, et al?
>>
Since this thread will soon go to oblivion, I'd just like to post this exchange from .org. Idk why I still go there, I guess they post things pretty quickly usually. I hate these "Classics collectors". The Gen1'ers of the MOTU fandom.

"I just hope after these eight Revelation figures, we start seeing Classics logos on boxes with a Lady Slither, Ice Armor He-man, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, etc.

And Club Grayskull He-man and the Masters of the Universe logos with Ram Man, Leech, Kobra Khan, etc.

If they want to stick a few tiny head/dad bod bucks in each wave for me not to buy, go for it Mattel. Just as long as you roll in Classics.

At Power Con last year, they said they heard us... but I don't think these downgrades from Classics indicate they have heard us clearly..."

"I like to be ad optimistic as you sir but it is difficult. This Masterverse looks like it wil not go that route to cater Classics collector. To me, Mattel sees adult as possible collector only and not specifically Classics collector.

Super7 was able to give the Movie MOTU in Classics form with their desire to provide for fans like us. Maybe in the future they can find a way to bring us those Classics characters that we still need (I myself need Club Grayskull Ram Man and Adora), maybe as a special Ultimates! line release?

Happy for those who are excited for the new Mattel Masterverse line."
>>
>>8990395
>To me, Mattel sees adult as possible collector only and not specifically Classics collector.

Ok, this comment in particular got me.
"Wah, why are they aiming for a general collector audience and not pandering to us specifically?"
Especially after you got literally almost everything conceivable
>>
>>8990460
>"Wah, why are they aiming for a general collector audience and not pandering to us specifically?"
>Especially after you got literally almost everything conceivable
That's why I just asked how many are these people who subscribed to every figure they could get?
>>
File: 20210428_160929.jpg (2.5 MB, 4032x2268)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
Someone make a new thread, normally I'd make one but I'm at work. Not sure if we have any news worthy op images unless someone wants to meme up the current masterverse figures.
>>
>>8990488
>Not sure if we have any news worthy op images

We got fucking Tunglashor soda!
>>
>>8990507
I wish it was a real drink and not some weird Funko pun gimmick. Diet Orko Orange soda never.
>>
>>8990508
Tung Lasher Grape.
Orko Orange.
Kobra Khan is just filled with water.
>>
>>8990508
>I wish it was a real drink

It's not? Well shit. (I don't know shit about Funko products, obviously. Don't buy them, so I took it at face value it was a real soda in a novelty can)
>>
>>8990517
It's a play on words with pop being their popular product and soda. That's it. Design wise they look better than the standard funko pop but it's just a vinyl figure with 0 articulation in a soda can.
>>
>>8990519
Oh. And I thought it was like...a real soda that came in a case with a figure included, like prizes in cereal boxes.
I was excited by the novelty of it, but if it's literally just more vinyl toy shit...
>>
>>8990481
I don’t know the exact amount but I’m pretty sure it’s over 200 figures
>>
>>8990538
Yes just vinyl toy shit with bait chasers to make idiots buy more like how Scareglow has glow in the dark variant.
>>
>>8990395
I was a Classics collector when it happened and I hate these guys lol
>>
>>8990508
There's a pun involved?
>>
>>8990519
Oh motherfucker
And only subhumans call it pop anyway
>>
>>8990540
Can anyone identify that big Skeletor in the top left corner?
>>
File: fuckoff.jpg (211 KB, 601x777)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
I really don't like classics

$30+ dollars for one figure is too much, especially when there's a worry they might break

I also don't want a pile of accessories I gotta worry will rub paint off on each other, I can't enjoy toys when I get that excess.

It's getting really tiring when all I read on he-man.org is people whining for classics. I blame it for ruining the fan vote for origins that's getting us a shit tri-klops figure now.
>>
>>8990583
Baby Skeletor
>>
>>8990618
Well good news, the line is long dead and won't be returning, and is forbiddingly expensive on the secondary market. So nothing to worry about there.
>>
>>8990631
yeah but now you lot all won't shut up about it! Shut the fuck up about classics! These face sculpts suck! Fuck off Scott! No one likes Spector or any of your dumbass decisions!
>>
>>8990629
Masters Babies is the actual next line
>>
>>8990618
>>8990662
This is all poorfag cope but it's not like I'm not right there with you.
>>
I unironically think Origins has a better Skeletor, Trap Jaw, Clamp Champ and BA He-Man than Classics
I will give Classics the win for basically everything else that's come out so far, though, and a tie when it comes to Man-e-Faces
>>
>>8990714
I basically agree with you. Classics having better distribution than Origins about makes me want to go jump down a canyon, though.
>>
>>8990680
Not a poorfag I just didn't have a credit card or an email address during the line's golden days
>>8990719
when will mattel make these in higher quantities? will the demand encourage them to do so? Everyone else says mattel is the pump and dump
>>
Waiting for fiction somewhere to do something like make Flocked Panthor a separate character from Panthor and feature both of them simultaneously, none the wiser
>>
>>8990629
>he's a baby
>his face is already skeletal
Huh, a Don Glut Skeletor baby doll. If only there was a Mommy Skeletor figure to go a Baby Skeletor and a regular Skeletor.
>>
File: lady-skeletor-motu-art.jpg (159 KB, 900x1200)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>8990766
The world isn't ready for that.
>>
Scareglow has finally been freed from his pre order limbo! I can finally rest on this line till the next restock or wild retail find.
>>
File: HatPS.jpg (200 KB, 800x1010)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>8990771
I mean, the world isn't ready for lots more male Skeletors either.
>>
>>8990775
What did you do? There's nothing in my PoL.
>>
>>8990789
This opens the door to buying multiple Skeletors to do headswaps with every other MOTUO figure to make alternate-dimension versions of them all.
>>
>>8990775
>noticing all the shit that's showing as "available" again

A lot of folks must be getting pissed and canceling orders
>>
>>8990822
Scare Glow isn't one of them.
>>
>>8990831
"Available" as in "available to order or preorder", not as in "in stock"
>>
>>8990840
He was never sold out of preorders. Which is pretty damn weird.
>>
>>8990821
Anything to clear up all the Skeletors clogging the pegs
>>
>>8990822
>Hordak listed as available for pre-order
>click page
>PRE-ORDER SOLD OUT on page
Big Bitch Tits Whore
>>
>>8990844
I'm not talking about Scareglow specifically. (I fucked up quoting that post)
But MEF, as well as preorders for LoP Beast Man, wave 2 set, wave 4 set, Ninjor, Hordak and Stratos were showing as not being sold out again. Which is why I said what I said. People are canceling a lot of orders seems like, for however long they stay up
>>
>>8990861
They lied about Hordak. Site still says he's available when the page says he's not.
>>
How do pre-orders sell out for items the store doesn't even have to begin with? The limit is purely imaginary. They don't have any tangible number of figures that can run out.
>>
>>8990895
Maybe it's like this:
>we ordered 1000 units from Mattel
>start preorder
>get 1000 preorders. That covers all we ordered before it even arrives
>should we order more from Mattel?
>Naw
>>
>all these anons without wave 4
my condolences
>>
>>8990919
So what do they do when Mattel sends them 0 (zero) units all day every day?
>>
>>8990922
I have Stratos.
But I still need Ninjor.
I don't want Tri-klops at all, and I'll only get Hordak if I see him on shelves and find myself really liking him, since I'm holding out for Buzzsaw Hordak instead
>>
>>8990926
Give zero fucks, I guess.
I guess that justifies not ordering more on their part. They're sold out of preorders, but why increase thst order when the first one isn't even being filled?
>>
>>8990931
You need both Hordaks so you can put Buzzsaw Hordak's alt head on regular Hordak's body that won't fly open every time you touch it. Ingenious and insidious plot from Mattel.
>>
>>8990935
Taking my chances and hoping BS Hordak won't be that finnicky.
If I'm wrong, I'll pay the late tax for skipping on standard Hordak if it comes to that (God willing it won't)
>>
>>8990158
What characterization would you give clawful and whiplash? I also never liked the dumb muscle twist they took with the two of them. In clawful's case I imagined him acting like a seasoned pirate or bluto from popeye. In whiplash's case, I just tossed him in with the snake men since I didnt have any idea what he could do.
>>
>>8990077
Idk about anyone else, but I prefer the two of them being outright demon ninjas. It'd be kind of lame to include more normal humans on eternia. Plus demon ninjas is a pretty fresh idea all things considered.
>>
Hotglued BA He-Man and can no longer remove his head. Send help.
>>
>>8991134
you gotta catch your scrote in the rolling wheel mechanism in the chest to pry apart the torso
>>
>>8991163
Mechanism is sealed shut. Recourse?
>>
>>8991134
>>8991169
What the fuck? Do you cum industrial strength rubber cement?
>>
>>8991169
hammer, nails and cross
>>
>>8991187
Do not wish to discuss it.
>>8991188
To crucify He-Man?
>>
>>8991194
yes. make him holy once again anon

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.