[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: riseoevilpt2.png (941 KB, 871x392)
941 KB
941 KB PNG
PREVIOUSLY ON The Search for Keldor: >>8973211

Welcome to /motu/ General -- the most powerful thread in the universe!

>/motu/ General pastebin featuring all your /motu/ news needs! Stay up to date!
https://pastebin.com/861y0g94

>Archived threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/%2Fmotu%2F-Masters%20of%20the%20universe%20general/

>Castle Greyskull now on sale in Canada at Walmart stores and Walmart.ca every so often.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/masters-of-the-universe-origins-castle-grayskull-playset-multi/6000202422203
>Wave 5 and 6 currently on preorder at BBTS:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145782
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145967

Wave 4 now at retail in the US!
Landshark now at retail in the US!
Target Exclusive Rise Of Evil Keldor and Kronis 2-Pack reaching Target stock rooms. Will presumably be an eBay exclusive. https://www.target.com/p/masters-of-the-universe-exclusive-2pk/-/A-81471773

Next deluxe wave is Mosquitor and Buzz Saw Hordak scheduled for July. No preview of Mosqy yet.

Mega Construx MotU Advent Calendar, Origins-scale buildable Battle Cat and a Heroes wave with Man-E-Faces/Filmation Trap-Jaw/mini-comic Roboto/mini-comic Tri-Klops/Scare Glow confirmed but not available for pre-order anywhere

Revelation prequel comic starts July 7

>In the upcoming CGI cartoon, Castle Grayskull is a spooky fortress of magic and mystery for teens Adam, Teela, Duncan, Krass and Cringer to try to live in:
https://www.amazon.com/He-Man-Masters-Universe-Graphic-Novel/dp/1338789732
>Also Orko has been replaced by Ork-0

Good luck finding the Rise of Evil 2 pack and flocked Panthor or literally anything that's not He-Man, Skeletor, Prince Adam and the Sky Sled, Battle Cat, or Panthor.
>>
Can no one defeat Scalpor™?
>>
>>8980538
i'd buy it
>>
>>8980554
I mean I have Mo-Larr in the collection, why not?
>>
Is Man-e-faces supposed to be a human?
>>
>>8980591
His skin is yellow, so maybe an android? Or just a yellow person?
>>
Predictions? All signs point to bad
>>
>>8980610
What I'm looking at?
>>
>>8980616
MOTU Revelation
>>
>>8980600
Sneed
>>
>>8980610
Until last thread, I would have said I'm not even giving it a chance.
But last thread I learned
>Tony Todd as Scareglow
>Mattel has filed copyright for "Batros" and "Kol Darr" (granted, may not be related to Revelations, but since the show is said to be based on Filmation, there's a chance at least)

I'm not hopeful, but I am curious now.
>>
>>8980591
Yes, just read his mini-comic.
>>
>>8980622
Chris Wood as Prince Adam/He-Man
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela
Liam Cunningham as Man-At-Arms
Stephen Root as Cringer
Diedrich Bader as King Randor and Trap Jaw
Alicia Silverstone as Queen Marlena
Susan Eisenberg as Sorceress
Griffin Newman as Orko
Allen Oppenheimer as Moss Man
Justin Long as Roboto
Mark Hamill as Skeletor
Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn
Kevin Michael Richardson as Beast Man
Kevin Conroy as Mer-Man
Henry Rollins as Tri-Klops
Jason Mewes as Stinkor
Tony Todd as Scare Glow
Phil Lamarr as He-Ro
Harley Quinn Smith as Illeena
Tiffany Smith as Andra
Cree Summer as Priestess

A Minis assortment has also been solicited with "Revelation Fisto", two versions of Revelations Whiplash and Skele-God.

A few things to note:
No Stratos/bird people, Buzz-Off/bee people (don't expect this to deal with Eternian geopolitics like 200X), Ram Man or Mekaneck.
The villains are Skeletor's original gang, plus two toy characters who were never in Filmation, and Scare Glow has NEVER been in any fiction but comics. Whiplash toys are our only hint that Revelation will address what happened to any 1984 Evil Warriors (or Two-Bad and Spikor).
I can't fathom what they're going to do with a flashback that requires He-Ro to get his own VA.
>>
>>8980663
>Stephen Root as Cringer
No shit? I'm in just to see this
>>
>>8980663
Expect all the female characters to be flat and covered up and be all about GURL POWAH
>>
I am so frustrated with MotU Mega Construx.
When the Advent Calendar with Man-E-Faces Orko is released, the Origins toyline that just started will still be ahead by: Roboto, She-Ra, Hordak, Ninjor, Ram Man, Clamp Champ, Mosquitor and Webstor.
This is despite releasing their first sets, inc Castle Grayskull, in 2019.
>>
>>8980739
Clamp Champ's original name was Niggor but they changed it for some reason, probably because kids might confuse it with Ninjor
>>
>>8980746
Lmao XD epic
>>
>>8980746
Ackshually, he was going to be called Ne-Gro for the cancelled He-Man spinoff.
>>
>>8980759
You're making me want a science fantasy series with a disco aesthetic like something out of an Earth, Wind, and Fire video
>>
>>
>>8980771
I'm surprised there isn't a Remco or similar line like this.
>>
>>8980779
>he has everything
Get his ass
Take his Merman's oddly upsetting corn cob sword
>>
Coming soon to origins (hopefully)
>>
>>8980789
still salty on missing out the classic one
>>
>>8980779
god I wish that were me.
>>
>>8980789
>>8980800
...Whiplash? What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>8980807
a powercon exclusive
>>
>>8980808
>Lord Gr'Asp
Jesus Christ
>>
>>8980810
terrible name but nice fig
>>
>>8980807
Canceled figure from the end of the vintage line. Card back artwork exists for him and several other characters. It’s basically a lost wave of figures
>>
>>
>>
>>8980823
I'm so distracted by how that's just Whiplash's head.
>>
>>8980834
All these figures reuse heads. You have Ninjor, Fisto, Squeeze, Zodac, and Rattlor heads all reused
>>
Does Scareglow work forever or does his glow die like glowsticks?
>>
>>8980840
i have slamurai and the two horde snakemen tho, just wish they'd add more variation to the scaly ones
>>
>>8980610
>Netflix anime
>Netflix anything
>Kevin smith
It will be complete shit. I hope the toys are decent.
>>
>>8980854
>the onions
>the damn onions
>>
>>8980854
We've seen the toys. They aren't.
>>
>>8980863
this
>>
>>8980854
>>8980863
Well fuck

Back to origins and filmation
>>
>>8980840
>You have Ninjor, Fisto, Squeeze, Zodac, and Rattlor heads all reused
The reused snake head on a troop-builder was fine. The Zodac head is a Cosmic Enforcer helmet. Classics Ninjor and Slamurai look as different as two ninja in basic hoods can: if he'd been released with vintage Ninjor's head under the cloth hood it would have been much sillier.
Of the other 3, I think only Sssqueeze's head was reused effectively: it looks way more different in two-tone black & yellow vs solid green than Whiplash or Fisto there. >>8980808
>>
>>8980852
Jelly. Post pics
>>
>>8980810
>Lord Gr'Asp goes for the balls.
>Fisto knocks at the back door.
>Clamp Champ pinches the nips.
>>
>>8980780
Sunman series when? The pig man was a cool villian design.
>>
>>8980610
If it doesn't have my fanfiction plots and OCs what's the point?
>>
File: 01.jpg (1.4 MB, 3264x1840)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>8980852
not opened yet
>>
>>8980610
I want to be optimistic, but... Kevin Smith.
>>
File: wun_dar_vintage_art.gif (28 KB, 306x312)
28 KB
28 KB GIF
>>8980960
wun-dar should've time-traveled, killed he-man and assumed his place
>>
File: Secret_Grayskull.gif (860 KB, 250x183)
860 KB
860 KB GIF
All the Filmation MotU and She-Ra episodes + NA He-Man are up officially on Youtube, and somebody has all 39 200X episodes up unofficially.

I was thinking about how Filmation episodes usually only use Adam/He-Man, his parents, his cat, the Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, Orko and Teela for the heroes, and 2-4 Evil Warriors - in numerous episodes Skeletor's forces don't appear at all.
I think it would be fun to do a watch-through where we make up stories of what adventures characters who weren't in this episode were having.
>>
>>8980976
What if he did and this is the result?!
>>
>>8980610
I just don't get it, it's marketed as this big "adult oriented" thing, but at the same time is supposedly a continuation to the goofy ass filmation series.

I predict a tonal mess.

>>8980738
Also this fucking shit.
>>
>>8980789
Ugh this guy is ugly and I think it's because he uses the Whiplash head which I hate.
>>
>>8980842
He's a ghost anon, of course he forced to work forever.
>>
>>8980779
Is this Mer-Man identical to the Power-Con one?

And why haven't they given him the 200X trident?

>"Me He-Man!"
>"Uhh, and his peronal pronouns are all fucked up . . I mean, where's the verb in that sentence?"

Faker is ruined for me
>>
>>8981027
Power-Con Mer-Man has blue skin, longer fins on the forearms and a blue painted stripe on the sword. This issue has a similar shade to the standard release but slightly darker skin, the standard Skeletor finned arms and no paint deco on the sword.
>>
File: 20210502_213257.jpg (2.28 MB, 4032x2268)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
>>8981027
Retail LOP Mer Man has less paint apps than the con one. Sorta wish he came with a trident though.

Also wish they did another doll even if it has to be a con exclusive... They have a nice buck they only used twice.
>>
File: Thanks a lot.png (621 KB, 1443x667)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
I'm MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOC. Want a beer?
>>
>>8981146
I understood that reference. Fuck, I'm old.
>>
>>8980779
Why are the female origins figures so cursed?
>>
>>8981229
Crab legs for unknown reasons
>>
>>8980622
>>Tony Todd as Scareglow
Holy shit that is fucking good casting. Maybe Kevin will pull this off after all.
>>
>>8980663
>No Stratos/bird people, Buzz-Off/bee people (don't expect this to deal with Eternian geopolitics like 200X), Ram Man or Mekaneck.

This assumes that the voice cast list is the entire cast for the full series. This might just be the cast for the first 6 episodes, or it might be the recurring cast while not including guest stars or one shots
Also, it's based on filmation, why would anyone assume or expect 200x politics?
>>
>>8980840
I am completely against head reuse.
It's tge one part of most figures which is entirely their own. It's why I'm not big on Moss Man and Stinkor, taking other people's heads.
So, yeah, I think Terroat, Strobo and the rest suck
>>
>>8980779
That's actually a pretty nice Evil-Lyn, as much as I wish they'd fixed the insect joints on her legs for a re-release. Which version does /motu/ prefer?
>>
>>8981411
>it's based on filmation
I'm dead certain it's going to be completely unrecognizable from Filmation. They won't just modernize it and throw in a few cheeky nods to simpler times, they'll go full-on edgy out of their boomer insecurity and need to make He-Man for He-Men (but not Too Manly, the womenfolk have to be covered!). This will appeal to no one.
>>
>>8981422
I prefer the yellow Evil-lyn. It gives the Evil warriors a nice splash of color that you don't get with pale-and-purple
Also, I generally prefer villains to not be human, so the yellow makes me think of her as some kind of alien/demon/monster/elf/whatever, but not strictly human.
>>
>>8981448
Strong reasoning.
>>
>>8981426
>This will appeal to no one.

Come now, it will appeal to those exact insecure boomers, as well as the shills and sycophants who act like literally every new He-man thing is the greatest, most exciting thing ever.
>>
>>8980779
When I get him, I think I'll remove the belt. I don't like those dingley balls.
>>
File: MotUC-Spikor.jpg (187 KB, 600x900)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
Thoughts on Spikor?
He has He-Man's legs, loins and right arm with purple skin. His torso looks like armor, but it matches his head, which looks organic rather than helmet-like.
Filmation animated him with two normal hands and made him very, very stupid even by their standard for Evil Warriors.
In the mini-comic "The Terror Claws Strike", he's a (magic?) smith and the figure's trident can be replaced with a hammer.
>>
>>8980852
Love these sets.
>>
>>8981591
He should be a fairly simple Origins figure, with a new head and an armor piece over his torso, and maybe an exchangable hand.
>>
>>8981597
Ideally, I'd make him a deluxe, so that the trident hand can be swappable with a normal hand, and include a staff you can attach the trident to so you can choose to display it as either his hand or as a weapon. (Bonus, you could give the trident to Mer-man and just display two-handed Spikor with his mace). I'd also include an extra, inarticulate arm that the trident can slide into if you want to emulate the old action feature
>>
>>8981591
This guy's 80s toy was one of my toddler toys so I'm fond of him. He is a bit doofy looking, though. Felt like he looked like a kooshball-man
>>
File: DejahThoris.jpg (132 KB, 720x936)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>8981591
>Thoughts on Spikor?
His parents were a Gar and a Red Eternian, who I just made up as a Red Martian homage. Unlike pic related, they have hairless spiky heads. Feeling insecure in his identity, Spikor learned smithing and made his spike-themed cuirass and mace.
>>
>>8980813
Those exclusives were such a pain in the ass. I had to buy the snake men separately...but yeah, they were cool figures. I liked Gr'Asp's colors.
>>
>>8981627
If only MOTU had a Dejah Thoris. Other than Teela I mean.
>>
>>8981591
>Thoughts on Spikor?

He's a bit of a prick
>>
>>8981591
One of my favorite characters. He is severely underrated
>>
File: 20210503_104744.jpg (2.65 MB, 4032x2776)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
The last package I was waiting for arrived. I'm now officially caught up on the stuff I wanted that's actually released
>>
>it's another Evil-Lyn shapeshifts into an innocent-looking chick to fuck a guy to do her bidding story
>>
File: Majestra.jpg (22 KB, 351x480)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>8981838
>you will never fuck Magestra
>>
>>8981843
It's funny to me that they redid this plot at least five times (and there's probably more that I don't know about).
>>
>>8981852
>Five

I remember the shaping staff, the plan for tricking the widgets and the old woman disguise in curse of the spellstone. What are the other 2?
>>
File: beastman00-whip_full.jpg (37 KB, 700x900)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
I hate this whip.
Looking for suggestions of better accessories for Beast Man. (Doesn't necessarily need to be a different whip)
>>
File: MotU-sirens-song.jpg (56 KB, 845x474)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>8981852
>It's funny to me that they redid this plot at least five times (and there's probably more that I don't know about).
That's another reason we should do the group watch-through I suggested. >>8980977

What 5 are you counting?
Majestra in “The Shaping Staff”
Elderly Zenia in “The Curse of the Spell Stone" and again in "The Royal Cousin"
Nadeera in “Evil-Lyn’s Plot" (to Fuck With Widgets)
Unnamed peasant girl in "The Shadow of Skeletor" who persuades people of a moon kingdom that Eternos's colony sabotaged them.

200X: "Siren's Song"
>>
File: 20210503_111530.jpg (347 KB, 1080x2220)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
Did anyone else catch the Castle Greyskull restock on .ca today?
>>
Another recurring theme:
Changing standard fantasy tropes. It's been mentioned in a previous general that the Widgets are short miners because they started as standard Dwarves. Here's another:
Elves have facial hair and can't be trusted.
>>
File: IMG_20210502_124804842.jpg (734 KB, 2430x1368)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
SOON
>>
>>8981915
Found Origins Grayskull in Lexington, KY. That tag was on a bottom shelf next to the pitiful remnants of the Wally's Mega Construx.
>>
>>8981925
I remembered someone saying that in the last thread. That's why I checked my local stores. In SETX, BTW. 3 of the local Walmarts had those stickers on the shelves.
>>
>>8981591
One of my favorite evil warriors. I just love how he looks.
>>
>>8981935
I just love how it looks like Prince Adam is gonna suck his girthy trident.
>>
>>8981943
>It ain't gonna suck itself, He-Man!
>>
So the Power Cocks confirmed all the exclusives are Origins this year. No Masterverse, no Classics, no MCX, no Hot Wheels, just Origins. I don’t know if I’m excited or scared. My wallets gonna feel ass fucked for sure.
>>
>>8981873
>>8981868
The five seduction ploys I counted were:
-Nadira in Evil-Lyn's Plot
-Sersi in Siren's Song MYP
-Evelyn in the DC comics series
-Thalia the Denebrian (Gwildor's species) in the newspaper strip
- Magestra in The Shaping Staff.

Also shout-out to her becoming Julie and Kevin's mom in the live-action movies to successfully steal the Cosmic Key and the UK adaption of "Evil-Lyn's Plot" where she instead tricked some dwarves out of their magic lodestone ("The Lodestone of Iron Forest").

The other disguises you listed were more just to create dischord than to seduce/befriend people.
>>
>>8981946
Do tell evil warrior!!!
>>
>>8981959
Oh, right: I remember Thalia and Movie Mom, while Zenia and Moon Peasant don't count as seduction/befriending..
I haven't read the DC comic you mentioned.
>>
File: MotU_Orkos_New_Friend.png (632 KB, 950x696)
632 KB
632 KB PNG
>"Orko's New Friend"
>it's a no-toy-villains episode
>the villain, Slavemaster, is an Old West themed robot outlaw from another star system
Fleeing New Texas, are we?
>>
File: unnamed.png (231 KB, 512x374)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>8981977
I liked his henchman more than him.
The design was really dumbed down and simple compared to most Filmation designs, but I dunno, the big dumb lug amused me.
Granted, he would need a lot more detail and updating to make it appealing, but he's one of those Filmation guys I always wanted a toy of. (All the rest I wanted DID get toys so I'm mostly good, but a Jawbreaker some day would be great)
>>
>Send $50.03 Best Offer for Rise of Evil on ebay.
>Seller ignores the offer and somebody buys it now.

That $9.97 less than the $60 listing price just would have been a financial loss to the scalper, huh?
>>
>>8981975
Yeah I was just talking about the "Evil-Lyn assumes a cute/sexy form to be somebody's friend/want somebody to bone her" thing. Sorry. All her disguises would take a page to list.
>>
>>8981878
>Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Origins Classics Castle Grayskull
>>
My Trap Jaw (origins) has the barbell neck joint like, stuck. As in, it doesn't swivel from the torso itself. Is there a way to fix it? I tried pushing a flathead screwdriver around the rim to make sure it wasn't mold flash, but no dice. Can't exactly buy another considering how rare wave 2 is
>>
>>8982005
When people add best offer to their listings they are more than likely only going to accept something like 2 dollars off. I don't know why they bother.
>>
>>8982023
I can't help with the fixing but
>Can't exactly buy another considering how rare wave 2 is
I can suggest that Entertainment Earth has preorders for all the wave 2 guys. If nothing else, you could put your foot in the door for getting another one, cover your bets
>>
>>8982036
maaybe. i've already got him and scareglow and i don't see the point in rebuying half the wave
>>
>>8982022
If it were actually the MCX version, I’d pick up 2-3 more at that price.
>>
>>8982106
Seriously
>>
>>8982023
Mine is like this too, I thought it was intentional honestly on account of his unusual sculpt and longer neck.
>>
>>8982116
oh huh, is it a longer ball joint than the others?
>>
>>8981764
>didn't come with the jock strap
>can't strap it on
>>
>>8982022
Origins stuff on .ca is always put under Mega Construx for some reason. You won't even find it if they're selling unless you look under MC.
>>
File: 1-100-zgok.jpg (60 KB, 502x630)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>8981990
>he's one of those Filmation guys I always wanted a toy of. (All the rest I wanted DID get toys so I'm mostly good, but a Jawbreaker some day would be great)
Here's your detailed Jawbreaker, bro.
The Z'Gok is an 18.4 meter mecha in Gundam lore, so when a toy is advertised as "1/100", that's 18.4 cm/7.4 inches.
>>
>>8981843
Figure when?
>>8981852
Pretty much every villain could disguise themselves with illusions or had access to technology or an ally that could do it for them. These ruses also worked every time. The Evil Warriors should have had a marathon game of this with everyone in a new persona at once. Mumm-Ra was also completely obsessed with disguising himself as a sexy woman to trick the Thundercats. He did this more than Evil-Lyn did.
>>
I’ve been collecting Minis mostly, I get origins but only if I find them in person (rare) and that they’re a character I want, but I actually don’t like displaying my figures cause I’m more of a traditional decorator, but I have this lil guy on my desk and I gotta say, it’s perfect. I just adore the look and the size, BA He Man mini is rn my preferred version of the character, love the face the armor design the weapons and the body proportions. He fits so well on MC battle cat
>>
>>8982023
Every ball joint can be a SWIVEL
>>
>>8982150
Dude...I never thought of that.
I'm buying a z'gok
>>
>>8982175
I mean, yeah, the neck still works, but i think the barbell functionality would give it more range
>>
>>8981977
Other notes on this episode:

Intergalactic police visit Eternia, never to be mentioned again. And no, they look nothing like Cosmic Enforcers: more like knights with antennae on their helmets and a Lego Classic Space chest emblem.
Besides the mantis (?) man and Snout Savage in my first pic, the slaves include Underwear Bear, a Snail Man, a Gray with a tapir snout, a couple of standard fantasy goblin in different clothes, some sort of Moss Man or Grinch lookalike in safety goggles and boots, a partially-flocked Mammoth Man in a leotard, a pair of Chicken Women from the world where He-Man met Plundor and... Lizard Man! The Sorceress is a bitch who punishes Lizzy for being enslaved by sending him through one of her space portals.
Squonge the Trollan is treated as a young boy rather than a skilled adult, with the trope that animated boys are voiced by women (i.e. Erika Scheimer). Sorry,, Trollafag.
>>
>>8982160
>Mumm-Ra was also completely obsessed with disguising himself as a sexy woman to trick the Thundercats.

He did?
>>
>>8982235
This episode had some strange model re-use.
>>
>>8982166
I'm collecting Origins that have action features or don't but I can't trust Mega Construx to do the character. But so far that includes She-Ra, BA He-Man, Keldor, Kronis, the upcoming retail LoP villains, Buzz-Saw Hordak and Mosquitor, so I'll have to go all-in on the Horde to display together even if a future figure doesn't meet those criteria. Heh.
>>
>>8982235
>having your animation model reused as a crowd filler

Lizard Man is a cool guy, he deserved better. None of the other "major" Filmstion characters got thst kind of disrespect
>>
>>8982245
>This episode had some strange model re-use.
Indeed!
>>
>>8982243
https://thundercats.fandom.com/wiki/Mumm-Ra#Disguises_2
>>
>>8982362
Would you a Mumm-Ra
>>
>>8982262
>Lizard Man is a cool guy, he deserved better. None of the other "major" Filmstion characters got thst kind of disrespect
Yeah... Filmation actually used him as much (3 episodes) as Mekaneck, which was more than Man-E-Faces or any toy Heroic Warrior of 1985.
After this disrespect, they DID remember him for Queen Marlena's Christmas party, which had a cameo by almost every good guy who'd spoken in 2+ episodes, with some hilariously hurtful oversights like King Miro and Melaktha.
https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/He-Man_and_She-Ra:_A_Christmas_Special
>>
>>8982377
Too busy a Chilla to a Mumm-Ra
>>
>>8982377
Well, I do like it raw.
https://youtu.be/xkoe8crWjEg
>>
>>8982235
No offense taken. To be fair, Squonge (iirc) is a fair bit younger than Orko (kohai to his sempai?), so Erika voicing him made a bit of sense in that regard. What doesn't make so much sense is Erika voicing Snoob (e77). His bushy eyebrows place him as older than Orko, but not as old as Montork, as they haven't gone white yet. Also, if I remember correctly, there was a Gark in the menagerie as well!
>>
File: 20210503_165244.jpg (1.53 MB, 3024x3670)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
Trying to find just the right way to display the gang with they new ride
>>
>>8982450
First time I've really bothered to look at and notice Beast Man's ridiculous face. Evil-Lyn is rather fetching when you can't see her crab leg joints.
>you will never peel that banana woman out of her leotard
This shipment wasn't from BBTS, was it? Waiting for an eternity for my Land Shark.
>>
>>8982455
>you will never peel that banana woman out of her leotard
If Evil-Lyn is yellow, would her and Keldor's child be green?
>>
>>8982494
I..

Yes
>>
>>8982455
It was, actually.
>>
>>8982513
Well, I guess mine could be coming soon, or next year. It wouldnt surprise me in the least if Matthew sent them one shark per month.
>>
>>8982519
Yeah. I got my Landshark from them back in March.
>>
>>8982519
I don't even know how I fluked into getting my Landshark so quick, I got the "order arrived" email notification about a half hour after ordering it.
...BUT if it's a consolation, they never filled any of my wave 2 or wave 4 orders, and I only got Trap Jaw by checking BBTS like a dozen times a day for 2 weeks hoping to catch somebody canceling their order, so I wasn't frustration free
>>
>>8982532
Spawn camping sounds smarter than being in the cuck corner. I'll try to keep up.
>>
File: IMG_7892.JPG.jpg (424 KB, 1600x1200)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>8982494
>>8982501
Is their son Karg?
>>
>>8982540
karg is so well sculpted but fucking terrible design-wise. he has zero charm
>>
>>8982545
Absolute pleb take
>>
File: 4Horsemen-orcs.jpg (30 KB, 480x360)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>8982501
>after having a boss-employee relationship since the day he lost his face, Skeletor seizes the throne at King Keldor, necessitating a queen consort
>they raise the green-skinned princes to be muscle wizards
>they raise the green-skinned princesses to be bikini-wearing barefoot spy-magicians
>Heroic Warriors see the princess on the right is rebelling against gender roles, but don't trust her to rebel against Evil, guys!
>>
>>8982545
Yeah. Plus no gimmick, and no way of knowing what he's even supposed to BE, other than ugly.
Blade and Saurod are so clear...one eyed swordsman, armored reptoid, nice easy to decipher designs. Even Gwildor is obviously some kind of take on a gnome.
Karg? Beats me.
>>
>>8982552
So that's where orcs came from...
>>
>>8982554
Karg is Granny Goodness from the New Gods movie the director used the He-Man IP to make after it was rejected
>>
>>8982573
...oh shit, I see it
>>
>>8982545
>>8982554
He had the most charm of the movie-original cast to me. Saurod was cooler, though.
>>
>>8982599
I'll always love Blade for being a 75% off sale Tri-Klops.
>>
Selling these figures if anyone is interested.
U.S. only. Prices include shipping. Everything is new and sealed.

Lord Masque - $45
General Sundar - $45
King Chooblah - $40
Buzzsaw Hordak - $45
Eternian Palace Guards - $100
Weapons Rack - $55
Shokoti - $45
Batros - $40
Multibot - $55
>>
>>8982599
Saurod always felt the most "original" to me.
Yeah, we had other reptile men, but none of them with cool face masks and helmets, and the spark shooting action feature the toy gave him went that extra mile to make him stand out.
Blade was cool, but at the end of the day he was a guy with an eye patch and no gimmick, just a couple swords
Karg filled a neat role though. I don't think Skeletor has had any real sniveling suck up characters before then.
>>
>>8982623
>and the spark shooting action feature the toy gave him went that extra mile to make him stand out.
How many housefires did that cause?
>>
>>8982640
All of them
>>
>>8982615
t. bought a cheap lot because he thought he could flip them because they're Classics but didn't know that they were all the undesirable ones
>>
>>8982664
I remember these ones all sitting on Gamestop shelves up until last year at like $20 each lol.
>>
>>8982664
What's wrong with Buzzsaw Hordak? I have the Origins version on pre-order, though mostly because the original Hordak is sold out and I like the alt head the Deluxe comes with.
>>
>>8982671
Probably that he looks too similar to regular Hordak and his dumb gimmick makes him hollow and feel cheap.
>>
File: MotU-strip-EUtS.jpg (1.45 MB, 1234x829)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>8982605
>I'll always love Blade for being a 75% off sale Tri-Klops.
Oof.
In post-Filmation comics, Blade's distinguishing background is that he's an extraterrestrial/extra-Eternian human. In the (very lame) mini-comic "The Cosmic Key", an Evil Cloud teleports him and Saurod to Skeletor (Gwildor has immigrated from Thenuria to an Eternian lake). The newspaper comic, oddly enough, doesn't contradict this, but picks up with Blade stalking Gwildor to the house on land he's now renting as part of Evil-Lyn's plot to steal a MacGuffin that disrupts magic portals, to be detonated right after she, Blade, Saurod and Beast Man take such a portal to Blade's homeworld of Merrian.
(This is the "Evil-Lyn disguised as a love interest for Gwildor" plot we've mentioned.)
Our Heroes take Eternia's first starship to Merrian, and what we see of it is Indonesian or Polynesian-themed.
>>
>>8982671
He's hordak but worse
>>
>>8982692
The vintage toy was designed to look exactly like the first Hordak but have a better action feature than the twist-waist punch they got by reusing He-Man's torso and hips.
MOTU Classics, as an adult collector line, excluded action features, so uh...
>>
>>8982697
Adult collector lines should incorporate adult action figures. Shokoti would never have shelfwarmed if she sucked your dick.
>>
>>8982701
*action features
>>
>>8982701
Suckoti
>>
>>8982688
I mean, Tri-Klops was the first evil warrior with a sword and had three eyes.
For the movie they had Blade, who was an evil warrior with a sword and had ONE eye.
>>
>>8982705
>Blade only has one eye
>Beast Man has two
>Tri-Klops has 3
>Tw-Bad has 4
>Webstor has 6

How mad is Blade?
>>
>>8982719
Madder than Trap-Jaw at Procrustus
>>
>>8982719
>no one has 5 eyes
>>
>>8982727
>multiple evil warrior get an excess number of eyes
>you get 1

>The only other movie guy to get a toy gets a cool action feature
>you get a standard twist waist

>The only other pure human in the Evil Warriors gets to have a cool giant metal karate chop hand
>you get no unique gimmick

If I were Blade, I would be literally seething.
>>
>>8982736
Well, he does get to whip He-Man like Koonta Kinte.
>>
>>8982573
Eternia is New Genesis
Skeletor is Darkseid... back to the "demon from another world" origin?
Karg is Granny Goodness
Beast Man, Saurod and Blade are... Male Furies
He-Man is Orion, except they never establish a son (or nephew) relationship
The Sorceress is Highfather
Gwildor is a boom tube
>>
>>8982743
So who are Teela and Man-At-Arms?
WHO IS LUBIC?
>>
>>8982615
If only you had adora or frosta...
>>
>>8982750
The people selling Classics near retail never have the ones you want.
>>
File: roy-hakim-dan-turpin.jpg (44 KB, 400x400)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>8982749
>WHO IS LUBIC?
Dan Turpin
>>
>>8982743
>Gwildor is a boom tube
The Cosmic Key is a Motherbox.
>>
>>8982755
Sadly
>>
>>8982749
>So who are Teela and Man-At-Arms?
I guess someone has to be Lightray?
>WHO IS LUBIC?
>>8982756
>>
>>8982755
This was how it was to collect them at the time as well. After the first 2.5 years the insane hype around every single figure just died down and eventually figures based on Filmation-only characters, POP characters, NA characters and such just started to linger. The toy-based vintage ones almost always sold out quickly even into the end
>>
>>8982793
At this point the only ones I really want are the Ultimate Skeletor re-release that comes packed with the Alcala head, and the movie Dark Despot Skeletor. Those are probably the most expensive ones on the aftermarket, because fuck me, specifically.
>>
>>8982801
Yeah well everything from Super 7 onwards is super fucked. I'm only talking about the actual line, the Mattel one.
>>
>>8982736
Is Jitsu really the only other full human? Also didn't anon above just say blade was half human half alien or something
>>
>>8982793
I watched a Neitlich video linked in a previous general where he said as the former brand manager that MotU toy remakes sold an order of magnitude more units than Filmation/PoP/NA/etc.
>>
>>8982801
>Those are probably the most expensive ones on the aftermarket
Have you met my friends Fisto and Scareglow?
>>
>>8982805
Well, Evil-lyn might be human, who knows? Sometimes she's from earth, sometimes she has no origin and sometimes her father is the Faceless One who sure doesn't look human to me.
Tri-klops is a cyborg, so he's not strictly human anymore.
Ninjor may be human if you choose to interpret his feet as just boots, but Classics gave him red eyes, so he may be a demon

So thst leaves just Jitsu, who has nothing that calls his humanity into question.
>>
>>8982801
>Ultimate Skeletor re-release that comes packed with the Alcala head
Do what I did and get Demo-Man and the Skeletor Mo-Larr two-pack. It's cheaper. and you get two extra figures.
>>
>>8982806
Well yeah, the main motivation for most people was to complete the vintage line. The only Filmation figures that sold even reasonably were the variants on He-Man and Skeletor near the end of the line. And even after that the figures continued virtually shelfwarming, figures like Kittrina and Hawke are super cheap for Super 7 ones while some others are like 300 bucks.
>>
>>8982808
They're in roughly the same neighborhood, I'm finding.
>>
>>8982814
Huh, you're a mad genius. That shouldn't work, but it does.
>>
>>8982811
>nothing that calls his humanity into question
Well i mean he's asian
Oh god i'm joking please don't report me mods i was joking i'm asian too
>>
File: scalpor.png (332 KB, 582x633)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
Scalpor strikes again
>>
>>8982835
FROM THE DEPTHS OF SNAKE MOUNTAIN SLITHERS SCALPOR
SCALP-OR SCALP-OR
LOOK OUT HE-MAN HE'S GOING TO STEAL ALL YOUR SHIT AND RESELL IT ON EBAY
>>
>>8982805
I said he's from the planet Merrian, not from Eternia like a normal MotU human, or Earth like Marlena and some movie people.
So I guess it's ambiguous?
>>
>>8982818
>Anon makes a stop-motion or photo-comic sitcom about his Fisto and Scareglow figures, and their neighbor Dark Despot Skeletor's dialogue comes unseen from behind a wooden fence
>>
File: scalpor2.png (399 KB, 675x509)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>8982841
>HE'S GOING TO STEAL ALL YOUR SHIT AND RESELL IT ON EBAY
>GAH HAH HAH! I WAS HERE AT 3AM IN LINE HE-BOOB!
>>
Speaking of unwanted Classics figures, I'm on the fence about picking up a Kittrina. She looks basic as fuck, but also kinda fun, and she's affordable for a classic.
>>
>>8982863
The reason for thst is that she's a Club Greyskull figure, not a main line Classics figure
From what I've seen available, nobody wants the Club Greyskull figures.
>>
>>8982849
kek
>>
File: ThunderMotUC-ML.jpg (97 KB, 1080x810)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>8982863
Look at this and consider who you'd want to display her with.
L-R: Mythic Legions Battlecat and Panthor furries, Kittrina, Super7 Pumyra, MotUC Carnivus, Mythic Legions Sir Yiffinhell
>>
>>8982892
Man... I'm really kicking myself for not getting Purplorr
>>
>>8982892
her face is so garbage
>>
>>8982892
>>8982914
Just imagine if she had come out in 2013 with the bulk of the other Filmation crowd. She would have been so good.
>>
>>8982914
You don't see me talking shit about your wife's face
>>
>>8982879
I'm still pissed at the last-minute switcheroo putting Dree Elle and Montork into Club Grayskull instead of Classics proper. And the cancellation of Yukkers.
>"Well, no one's going to want to buy an $80 3-pack!"
>proceeds to release a $165 3-pack the next year, and a $200 5-pack last year
>>
>>8982919
Filmation accuracy lessened the demand for those figures. Shokoti is less expensive than fucking Icer and Batros because she is so Filmation-accurate. At least those two look decent.
>>
>>8982921
More like
>Well, no one's going to want a 3-pack of Trollans
I know you like them, but we both know they are not well loved. And Yukkers...I can see him being a detriment.
Speaking for myself, I know Yukkers would put me off from buying it. I would at least consider buying Dree and Montork. But include Yukkers and I'm more inclined to pass
>>
>>8982925
And that's what I'm talking about. Batros, Icer, Strongarm, even fucking Plundor are aces. Octavia and Scorpia turned out good. Even Vultak a few years later was good. If the guy who made them got to do Kittrina...oh boy.
I'd like to actually know what was with the inconsistency prior to Club Greyskull though..like you said, Shokoti sucked. General Sunder sucked, Lizard Man was better but still halfway sucked. This guy's all came out around the same time, you would think they wouldn't be at such a variance with each other.
>>
>>8982931
Eh, speaking as something who had one growing up, the bratty, insufferable, little piece of shit brother is still family at the end of the day.
>>
>>8982931
When Nightlick made Gorpo, he should have thrown Trollafags a bone by putting him in a 2-pack with Dree Elle.
>>
>>8982931
Montork is just about the only trollan who is bearable in Filmation. Gorpo/Unnamed one is kinda funny in the sense that he was just Scott Neitlich shitting on the Filmation fandom (and Emiliano in particular) but isn't that great. The rest... forget em.
>>
>>8982936
Octavia is also kinda plain honestly but not to the point where she doesn't fit. Vultak came out great. Dylamug sucked.
>>
>>8982950
>Montork is just about the only trollan who is bearable in Filmation.
Look at this guy, finding Orko's Favorite Uncle and The Return of Orko's Uncle more bearable than Dawn of Dragoon.
>>
>>8982953
>Dylamug sucked.
Damn I wish I had his toy to take hurt-feelings reaction images with.
>>
>>8982950
I've always been a little partial to the Pinky-and-the-Brainish dynamic of Zoog and Uggo. And Snoob's my favorite, design-wise (just ditch the squeak!). And I would have loved to know more about the southern continent, Karadania. And Krooms (ratpig centurions, lol)! But alas... it all came to naught.
>>
>>
>>8982967
Whoa.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 20210422_141225.jpg (608 KB, 1620x1856)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>8982963
Never fear, Dylamugfag is here
>>
>>8982972
This is just 200X Skeletor
>>
File: motumcadvent.jpg (149 KB, 1000x1000)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>8982967
It's... He-Man. With the asymmetrical bracers he often has. And an H-bat instead of a Crusader cross on his usual harness. And no action feature.
>>
>>8982967
>>8982972
>>8982973
>>8982977
>ohnoheshot.png
Also
>Netflix
I'm getting War For Cybetron Walmart exclusivity ptsd
>>
>>8982982
>This is just 200X Skeletor
This
>>8982973
This is what we've been dreading
>>8982977
This is fine
>>
>thread at 225
>will likely get swarm of replies about the revealed figures
inb4 the next thread is made with some gay old art pic even though there are new pics of actual toys revealed
>>
>>8982992
I'm getting War For Cybertron Netflix toy franchise absolute garbage media ptsd
God Revelations is going to be worse than I'd been assuming isn't it
>>
File: 1619460423511.jpg (65 KB, 852x1024)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>8982967
>>8982972
>>8982973
>>8982977
I mean they're fine looking. Just not very exciting right now. Same ol', same ol'.
>>
>>8982981
Feel free to join the rest of us over here at the "unpopular kids" table!
>>
>>8982977
Looks fine.
>>8982973
>all the male figures are half naked
>the one female character is fully covered up

AT LEAST SHE HAS A FUCKING HELMET HEAD AND THE ORB SO WE KNOW SHE'S EVIL LYN RITE

>>8982972
>>8982967
They're okay, we knew He-man's Wehrmacht cross wasn't gonna make the cut.
>>
>>8982972
>shaping staff accessory

What did Mattel mean by this
>>
>>8982967
>>8982972
>>8982973
>>8982977
I do not like these particular figures, but I will say, seeing them in package and getting idea of what Masterverse is going for, I like the idea of the toyline. I will monitor the line for further developments
>>
>>8982967
>>8982972
>>8982973
>>8982977
All in. Preorders fucking when
>>
>>8983010
It means Evil-lyn gonna get her fool self turned into a snek again so I can fap
>>
>>8983000
The actual toys are dull as dirt so I wouldn't see the point
>>
>>8983012
Yeah, sitting out Masterverse Wave 1 (obviously), but am still watching with a keen interest.
>>
>>8983018
>i don't see the point of having toys as the OP of a toy thread on a toy board
Based retard
>>
>>8983007
>all the male figures are half naked
>the one female character is fully covered up
Mumble mumble homoeroticism...

I kid; He-Man/Adam has a straight libido. Stratos flies around in just a loincloth and helmet and he's married (sometimes). King Randor has his Queen and Orko has a life mate, but those two guys are covered up.
>>
>>8982967
>>8982972
>>8982973
>>8982977
Yeah, not a fan. I’m sticking with origins. But good for those who like ‘em, hopefully Mattel’s distribution won’t fucking suck
>>
So do we know if these are Walmart exclusive yet?
>>
>>8983026
>MUH TOYS AAAAAAAAGGGHHHH MUH ON TOPIC AGGGHH JANNY HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT CAN'T JUST BE A PIC OF TOY ART OR TOY PACKAGING MMNHGGAAAAHAHHHHHHHH
>>
>>8983035
Well i mean why would it have to be packaging shots when new toys literally just got revealed. That's retarded
>>
>>8983044
Semi-obscured pics of bland looking toys in low resolution just got revealed. Would you really be butthurt about the OP not being a randomly selected preview image of one of those uncharismatic products?
>>
>>8982973
Evil-Lyn's alt head looks like Gaga
>>
>>8982973
>>8982977
They all look good (definitely better than the original pics), but I'm almost tempted, were I to buy these, to just go for these 2. He-Man and Skeletor will doubtless have different versions made, and from looking at these, they don't bring anything particularly interesting to the table (Skeletor does have the Shaping Staff), while the other two have fairly unique designs. You could even give Lyn her alternate head and she could be an entirely different character.

They also seem to be prototype boxes. Number of articulation points on Moss Man alone. Also barcodes on the front of the box like that is a bit odd.
>>
>>8983057
Well, her fling with Keldor could certainly be categorized as a Bad Romance...
I'll see myself out now.
>>
>>8983048
Yes
>>
>>8982973
I like Evil-Lyn. I'll get this one to put with my (very small) Classics collection since the regular is so buttfuckingly expensive. They're definitely doing a one piece variant down the line since this is supposed to be Variants: The Toyline so I'll end up getting that one as well.
>>
>>8982972
>>8982982
>"This is a Filmation continuation."
>*models Skeletor after 200x*
Off to a swell start Kevin
>>
>>8983078
>MFW I continue working for my ex as employee & boss for 17 years and only betray him once
>>
>>8983085
That's the "standard" Skeletor for this line. The Revelation versions are noted as in the leaked retailer solicitations.
>>
>>8983088
But it has "REVELATION" in big red letters on the box.
>>
>>8982973
If I can put that alt head on a nude or bikini or battleground teela body I'm down.
>>
>>8983085
I do hope we get a 200X Skeletor with his dual swords. A unique take on the character to make him a physical match for the various heavy hitters. And of course 200X Evil-Lyn. The more 200X the merrier.
>>
>>8983000
Being autistic over the op image. Maybe next time I'll just use a photo of a donkey's ass as the op image.
>>
>>8983095
200X He-Man and Skeletor variants killed the line so I don't imagine them going for that. The stark resemblance here is already pushing it.
>>
>>8983091
I have no clue either, but the God Skeletor was also solicited as the Revelation Skeletor so it's up in the air. I don't hate the design but I'm still sad it's not going to be Filmation-y aside from random characters appearing and color schemes.
>>
>>8983100
I always figured both this and the God Skeletor were from Revelations, with God Skeletor likely being in the vein of the one from the live-action movie.
>>
>>8983099
I feel like the bread and butter for this line will likely be the variants of those 2. Would be weird to have any amount of a collection of any given "Motuverse" without the two titular characters. I'm certain we'll get multiple versions of them, and I'd argue that 200X versions of them are some of the most different. I wonder if we'd even get that new Netflix He-Man with the tech look.
>>
I found 7 Masterverse UPCs:

He-Man Classic (UPC:887961979855)
Mossman Classic (UPC:887961979886)
Evil-Lyn Revelation (UPC:887961979848)
Skeletor Classic (UPC:887961979879)
Motu Masterverse Oversized Battle Cat (UPC: 887961979930)
MOTU Masterverse Revelation Man-At-Arms (UPC: 887961979916)
Motu Masterverse Oversized Skeletor (UPC: 887961979923)

This can be interpreted as "a lot of characters are going to start with the Filmation looks or Kevin Smith's toy-and-art-influenced memories of them, then everything changes (when the Fire Nation attacked)."
Recall that there are also Minis solicited of "Revelation Fisto", Whiplash as a cyborg and Skele-God.
>>
File: Minis Revelation Figures.png (3.95 MB, 1860x960)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB PNG
>>8983100
Both are Revelation Skeletor. Don't listen to those people saying that the bigger one is from the DC series. It looked literally nothing like it. See pic for other Revelation designs.
>>
>>8983108
>Oversized Battle Cat
i want to know how this will scale with Origins because this sounds way more fun than the Origins BC
>>
>>8983104
Actually, I belive the God Skeletor is that of Eternity War.
>>
>>8983111
Oh so THATS the Cyborg Whiplash
God Skeletor lookin pretty good too
>>
>>8983108
The solicitations were a mess, as there were 2 sets of them, and we still technically don't know which is accurate though pretty safe to say it's the one that did declare them all Revelation (He-Man's sword is styled that way from what we've seen). You also forgot these other listings.

-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Spikor - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Teela - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Beast Man - $24.99
>>
>>8983096
It isn't just the OP image. It's all you /co/ fags shitting up the board with more lore content than toy content. But having the OP image as a /co/ related piece perpetuates the idea that this is a thread about comics and not about toys. (OPs picture notwithstanding)
Also if it is a pic of a motu TOY's ass, sure go right ahead
>>
>>8983123
If this thread has you shitting your pull-ups then there are several threads on here you'd best avoid unless you want to dehydrate yourself and die with a snarl of rage frozen on your face
>>
>>8983111
Yeah, this group shot includes:
Bunch of vintage toy versions
Revelation Fisto
A Revelation Whiplash (two are coming)
A Revelation Skeletor ("Skele-God"?)
Revelation Beast Man
Anti-Orko
And Africanized killer skin condition bee
>>
>>8983123
I don't see a single post ITT about comics except for the two discussing whether an upcoming toy design is related to a comic design or not.
>>
>>8983129
The Fisto is styled like the regular Fisto, so whether it's Revelation, idk. The only certain ones are Whiplash, Skeletor, and Beast Man.
>>
>>8983119
Oh right, thanks.
So that's Revelation Spikor, Whiplash and Fisto despite them not being in the voice cast list.
Mattel also trademarked Batros and Kol Darr very recently, but who knows what's up with that. There's nothing tying them to the "Revelation" adjective.
>>
>>8983123
Hey, look, it's a vintage Autisto! Terrible condition, but still, nice find.
>>
>>8981914
>Changing standard fantasy tropes

Has no one ever pointed out that Prince Adam with the Power Sword is a D&D paladin with a Holy Avenger, with the twist that paladins can't wear more armor than a cuirass?
>the paladin falls
>>
>>8983134
The next wave of minis includes a titled “Revelation Fisto”, so that is most likely him. Besides Anti-Eternia Orko, every mini in that image has been accounted for in listings or in the wild
>>
>>8983185
What is Skeletor?
>>
File: 20210503_173433.jpg (2.52 MB, 4032x2268)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB JPG
I lucked out and got my damn castle greyskull from Walmart online.
>>
>>8983235
Mattel employee here. These things are really popular. We don't have them in stock for very long before they all get shipped out to stores.
>>
File: 20210503_173713.jpg (2.83 MB, 4032x2268)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>>8983235
It's over 20 lbs of pussy and ass, okay not really. Kinda lame WalMart just shipped it in its own case box but whatever. Probably not gonna keep the packaging either because I'm gonna assemble and play with it.
>>
File: 20210503_175844.jpg (2.75 MB, 4032x2268)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
>>8983235
>>8983265
Took me only a few minutes to sticker and assemble which was a pleasant surprise. I sorta fucked up the alignment on the rug instead of the horny jail decal (it is a little closer to the edge though...), easier than that 2k12 tmnt sewer playset I got for $15....
>>
File: 20210503_180138.jpg (2.86 MB, 4032x2268)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>8983235
>>8983265
>>8983270
He looks so comfy.
>>
>>8983265
>>8983270
How much does this retail for?
>>
>>8983273
You would be too when you are immune to the Gains Goblin.
>>
File: 20210503_180311.jpg (2.65 MB, 4032x2268)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
>>8983235
>>8983265
>>8983273
"I learned this trick from Excel Saga!"
>>
>>8983281
oh-n
>>
>>8983235
You in Canada?
>>
>>8983270
>you have to sticker it yourself
I'm a complete buffoon, are there at least guidelines? I can't even align a stamp correctly.
>>
>>8983321
Most of them have grooves to reference off of, but of course the cuts aren't 1:1.
>>
>>8982977
Kinda weird they’re leading with mossman, right? Also fuck ‘em for covering up lyn. I’m terrified it’ll be the Teela show and all signs point to bad.
>>
>>8983342
Moss Man could play a big role in the upcoming show. And there's a big timeskip, and given the design, I assume Evil-Lyn left the Evil Warriors (at least temporarily) and is a hermit somewhere cold.

And I think this is a good thing, if they just did the same leotard-esque Evil-Lyn from every iteration from Vintage to comics to Filmation (because the Masterverse line, assuming it goes for a long time, will cover all those looks) where she wears that same general outfit, it'd get pretty stale. This way it's at least something unique, just like 200x Lyn has the tabard look and short white hair which gives her a bit of a different flair.
>>
>>8983342
>>8983363
Maybe Evil Lyn was thigh-shamed?
>>
>>8983342
It is, but it is incredibly welcome. Every He-man line always starts with "He-man, Skeletor, Teela, Beast Man, Evil-lyn, MAA, Trap Jaw, Orko"

Between this, Origins including 4 1987 figures in its first year, and the hearsay that the CGI show would include Extendar and Gwildor, I feel like Mattel might finally crack the He-man roster wide open and actually start giving real pushes to characters who aren't the Classes of 82 and 83
>>
>>8982982
Meh, 200x had cooler armor than this. Same goes for He-Man. Best-looking figure in this line so far looks to be Moss Man.
>>
>>8983368
Impossible. Her thighs are mighty and any trying to shame them are deluding themselves. I do wonder if Teela will look any different. How would some of you think if she wears something more akin to what Duncan does, a green jumpsuit with orange armor throughout? I guess that wouldn't make sense, since she's been in apparently her captain of the guard outfit since Filmation despite the guards more closely looking like MAA.
>>
>>8983342
Maybe I missed the memo somewhere but Kevin Smith isn't exactly famous for being an SJW
>>
File: skellypoo.jpg (51 KB, 843x474)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>8982967
>>8982972
>MOTUC had cartoony bodies with great articulation and now costs a fortune
>200X had badass bodies with terrible articulation and are still cheap
>Revelations combines the best of both worlds
Here's my plan: I buy these along with their 200x counterparts from 15 years ago. I put the superior 200x armor on the Revelations bodies and I have the custom MOTU figures of my dreams.
>>
>>8983275
$80 usd
>>
>>8982450
Dylamug looks tailor made for the landshark, his shit eating grin really adds to it aswell. Dylamug? More like Dylasmug.
>>
>>8982973
Seems like she's getting an extra set of hands from what we were originally shown, and her staff's head currently in her left hand? Her regular staff had the head on there, so I wonder if what she's holding is related to the show.

Moss Man also with 3 sets of hands plus a cool effect hand.

Really looking forward to these. If we're actually getting Spikor that's going to be an exciting release.
>>
>>8982455
Speaking of lynn's crab legs, does anyone still have the pics of teela with he-man's legs? Considering how good that looked Im surprised no one has taken advantage of buying some peg warmers to give their ladies thicc sonja thighs. Honestly when they showed off that new lynn repaint all I could think of was giving her adam's legs so I could have a gothicc lynn running around eternia in milk white stockings.
>>
>>8983423
Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>8982967
These are looking better, way better than those first photos.
>>
>>8983297
US. my order was some how not cancelled.
>>
>>8982967
The articulated penis is a bit much but I guess I'm in.
>>
>>8983438
If you look at those original pics, if nothing else, they were hand painted (most notable in the face). These clearly have a lot better looking faces, probably with some sort of face printing.
>>
>>8982967
Is this the year of the big hairy crotches?
>>
>>8983363
>Moss Man could play a big role in the upcoming show. And there's a big timeskip, and given the design, I assume Evil-Lyn left the Evil Warriors (at least temporarily) and is a hermit somewhere cold.
Dont do that, dont give me hope. That seems too smart to be pulled off nowadays. Having this series do something sensible with the characters almost seems like a fantasy in its own right.
>>
>>8982977
When he's covered with armor, what's the fucking point of being Moss-Man
>>8982973
Unquestionably shit
>>
>>8983369
I mean, if their plan is to reestablish the franchise and have it stand toe to toe with the likes of star wars, marvel, dc, and transformers they simply have to.
>>
>>8983388
He cried over the release of captain marvel. He either needs work bad or he keeps the communist manifesto at his bedside.
>>
>>8983428
>disliking women with big stronk thighs in leggings
Move to california while you're at it
>>
>>8983460
You're talking about men's thighs, though, not stronk women's. Ergo, gayyyyyyyyyy.
>>
>>8983449
They look to have alot more detail and heft, the original pics made the figures look doughy and u defined. Any he-man without arnie tier gains is no he-man at all.
>>
>>8983454
As always, Moss Man just has a belt. Everything else on him is just different shades of moss and other grasses and such. Not sure what you're looking at.
>>
>>8983461
Theyre hypothetically connected to evil lynn, ere go not men's thighs anymore
>>
Does the Macy's Day MOTU float count as it's own continuity?
>>
>>8983460
I'm more of a stockings/pantyhose guy.
>>
>>8983470
Theyre all the same to me, I just like women in leg wear dammit
>>
>>8983477
Oh no, no, no, you sweet child. There is a huge difference between leggings and hosiery, anon.
>>
>>8979924
Im surprised characters like tung lashor never got outright repaints. If you just gave him a different tongue and a new colorscheme he could easily double as a new frog character.
>>
>>8983465
That's not how it works. They were designed and sculpted as men's thighs. Putting Skeletor's head on He-Man's body would still be Skeletor's head.
>>
I like to think leech is apart of an ocean floor dwelling species which menaces merpeople.
>>
>>8983483
The difference being leggings are shit tier and hosiery is god tier. It's a pretty stark difference.
>>
File: 1565829836074.jpg (154 KB, 1024x576)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>8983494
>>
>>8983494
That depends on whether or not the woman is wearing a garterbelt, then I will agree, hoisery far surpasses leggings.
>>
>>8983491
Leech tricked Merman into wearing those bolas around his waist so they'd swing and strike his testicles when he moves too quickly
>>
https://youtu.be/oF-00CKLgoY
I think there's alot that can be done with MOTU. The fact that revelations chose to tie their cart to the filmation wagon isnt just stupid but it's an outright waste of potential and a possible detriment to the filmation series. I link the return of faker for that very reason. If Mattel really wanted to go hog wild, they could have produced a legitimate continuation to the classic series for old fags. The fact that the team behind return of faker did so proves it, and furthermore they proved that they could do it with relative ease from absolute scratch. These guys had to build up every asset they had from scraps they pulled from the original series and off the web. Hasbro plays into g1 nostalgia hard, there's no reason mattel couldnt do the same with MOTU.
That said, the occasional references to the robot chicken motu skits honestly got me right in the nostalgia. Considering robot chicken is moving forward with an archie comics special (for whatever ungodly reason) Im surprised they never went all in on a MOTU special. Hell I wouldnt even mind a full motu series done by stupid monkey aimed at an older audience. But hey that's just me spitballing.
>>
File: image50_full.jpg (245 KB, 720x960)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>8983510
That's so evil, only the horde could think of it!
>>
>>8982743
Who would fill in for Barda and Miracle? What would MOTU spins on those two even be?
>>
>>8983531
Wow, what Skeletor is that?
>>
>>8983550
A mixed and matched and repainted one.
>>
>>8983550
It's a custom using classics parts meant to resemble langella's skeletor
>>
>>8983553
>>8983554
Figures. I'd hoped there was a somewhat more affordable movie-flavored Skeletor to pick up. Very nicely done though.
>>
>>8983469
>Does the Macy's Day MOTU float count as it's own continuity?
Why do you ask?
>>
>>8983529
>Return of Faker
The only thing I hate about this is the aspect ratio. I want to watch new 80s-style He-Man goddamnit, don't act like they had widescreen back then. Even that revival of Beavis and Butthead was animated in HD but cropped the sides so the new episodes were indistinguishible from the old ones.
>>
>>8983640
Shits and giggles mostly
>>
>>8983538
Mister Miracle is the head good guy's child, adopted by the head bad guy as an infant at the end of an interplanetary war and raised on his planet, rebelling to Good as a young adult.
So She-Ra.
There's really no match for Barda.
>>
>>8983529
>I think there's alot that can be done with MOTU.
Of course. It's a vast setting that was only touched on in broad strokes back in its heyday.
With the Filmation Horde, you have a setup like the Star Wars OT, with Eternia just one free planet in a much larger universe. But you wouldn't lead with that: you just start with Eternia, He-Man, Skeletor and your chosen starting Heroic and Evil casts. How much time to spend on Eternia before revealing the Horde's existence? Another big choice to make: Filmation did 130 episodes and barely touched like half the 1982-1985 characters.
>>
File: MotU-Time_Doesnt_Fly.gif (1.01 MB, 310x227)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>Time Doesn't Fly
>the Emperor of Not!China must enter the temple of the four Season gods every year on the first day of Spring to renew his rule for another year
>so some Gar wizard steals the Sands of Time and freezes the year on the last day of Winter, so only he will stand in the temple when he lets the year proceed
You really can't trust those guys.
>>
File: MotU-Time_Fly.png (568 KB, 949x695)
568 KB
568 KB PNG
>>8983851
Also the Emperor's daughter, Cathay (seriously) is a redhead for some reason.
>>
>>8983853
She looks like Daphane from Scooby Doo.
>>
>>8980610
>Predictions
This place will turn into /co/ for a week as people argue politics
>>
File: 20210504_004206.jpg (893 KB, 1547x2200)
893 KB
893 KB JPG
>>
File: Evil-Lyn-Statue-02.jpg (63 KB, 640x960)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Why did Revelation feel the need to totally ruin her character design out of the gate?
>>
>>8983983
Anal vore?
>>
File: Evil-Lyn Cursed.png (260 KB, 642x385)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
Be honest now.

Would you?
>>
File: flaccid.png (376 KB, 490x639)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>>8984073
>>8984073
>>8984073
new thread
>>
>>8983691
I sometimes think Filmation actually failed as a "toy commercial" show
>Jitsu only shows up once
>Faker only once
>MEF twice
>Mekaneck twice
>Sy-klone for about 5 minutes or less total
>Spikor 3 times, but godawful, who would buy him?
>Constantly have Skeletor using your oc vehicles Basher and Collector, but almost never Roton or Landshark, no Night Stalker or Spydor
>One Strider episode

Now think about all those one-shot character episodes. We didn't need that many (we prob didn't need 130 episodes in the first place)
If your job is "sell toys", the guys with toys should be who you're pushing, and I say this as someone who actually likes some of Filmations additions.
>>
>>8984084
That's the problem when you hire the literally cheapest and jewiest animation studio ever. They're not gonna spend precious money on developing new character models when they can just recolor their OC ones 100000 times and reuse the same scripts.
>>
>>8984088
Still better than Mattel's first choice of studio; I'd much rather an Orko than another Great Gazoo or Scrappy-Doo.
>>
>>8984104
Did Thundarr the barbarian have a great gazoo or scrappy doo?
Because that show is what your Hanna Barbera MotU would have looked like
>>
>>8984104
Being better than Hanna-Barbera is literally the lowest hanging fruit available. Besides, Filmation carried on HB's traditions of absolute cheapness and mindlessly churning out episodes fine.
>>
>>8984113
Thundarr was Ruby-Spears, not Hanna-Barbera. HB only scooped up the assets later, when RS shut down.
>>
>>8984120
Well, I stand corrected.
Well then...Mightor? Herculoids?
>>
>>8982967
>>8982972
>>8982973
>>8982977
If you missed out on the vast majority of MOTUC like I did, these may scratch that itch. All I have of that line is He-Man and Battlecat, never got my mits on anything else. I'm all in on these ones - but fuck don't make them exclusive or else I'll shit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.