[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>DELUXE LEGION BUILDER 1
Pre-ordering will open on Saturday May 1, 2021 at 9pm EST, and close on May 31, 2021 at 9pm EST

Mythic Legions reveal Special
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXFUG-C4_2A

>STORE HORSEMEN IN-STOCK SALES BEGINNING SOON!
Starting Friday, we will begin offering a constantly rotating In-Stock sale on Store Horsemen, where new offerings will go up every Friday at 3pm EST, and sales will close the following Thursday at 12pm EST (or while supplies last).

>ALL-STARS 4
Pre-order window is CLOSED/estimated shipping Q3/Q4 2021

>ARETHYR & EQUADDRON/SHADOW EQUADDRON
Shipping out now.

>ILLYTHIA
Pre-order window is CLOSED/estimated shipping Q4 2021

>WAR OF THE AETHERBLADE ORCS and ELVES
Private pre-order closed, backer kit open at https://ForgeHorsemen.com

>COSMIC LEGIONS
The next amazing line of Legions figures from Four Horsemen Studios, Cosmic Legions, is set for launch in 2021. This line has been in development for years!
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/cosmic-legions

>QUALITY CONTROL & SHIPPING ISSUES:
if you have any problems with the items you’ve received, please contact our new customer service email address 4HMDshipping@gmail.com

>Official Website
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/

>Official Store NEW LINK!
https://store-horsemen.myshopify.com/

>Four Horsemen on Social Media
www facebook com /FourHorsemenToyDesign
https://www.instagram.com/four_horsemen_studios

>Figure and accessory list can be found here
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/mythic-legions/checklist

>Last thread
>>8908514
>>
>>8978305
I went in on the Skele, Globin, gladiator and templar.
Cant really justify getting the dwarf and barb when they offer little new parts.
>>
The price point on this wave is fantastic,
>>
>>8978421
That’s what gets me. 27 bucks for each except the ogre scale. That’s a damn good price.
>>
>>8978305
Relatively new to the line so I'm considering going all in but the $90 is a bit rough.
What I'm thinking of doing is kit bashing the goblin with the dwarf, the barbarian with the gladiator and the skeleton with the templar to create some unique chatacters.
>>
I slept through the reveal, so waking up to this has been pleasant. Trying to figure out what my purchase will entail.

>Gladiator
I don't need an army of those helmets. Love it, but 2 at most.

>Dwarf
Nice head and one of the Arethyr torsos, but shit weapons. 2-4

>Barbarian
Same deal as Dwarf, but better weapons, despite that damn hatchet being monochrome again. Bah. 2-4

>Gobbo
Not sure I need an army of samurai looking gobbos, and the head seems to be the only newer part. If the head is 2.0 and can be swapped with my other gobbos, I will get a few. If not, 2.

>Ogre and accessory set
I like the head sculpts on both, so I'll need 2 ogres to display both heads, and the extra accessory pack can flair up my ogre legion builders.

>Dark Templar
>Calcium
As many as I fucking can.
Final numbers will depend entirely on what I can afford, so I might buy less of the other figures just to buy more calcium and Teutonic Helmets on Hospitaller bodies. They are definitely highest priority.

Overall, pretty well done. Good use of old and newer parts and new heads on each, but an extra head on a couple wouldn't have gone astray and might have resulted in me getting more of some, especially the gobbo. They are definitely a step up from the orcs being "deluxe" Legion Builders, with more paint apps, for 2 bucks less than the orcs sold for. Shame there are no 6 packs though.
But I'm pretty happy with this.
>>
File: teutonic-turn-front.jpg (341 KB, 3000x2445)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>8978305
Some highlights of the stream are...

Evergreen Legion Builders
>Evergreen Legion Builders in 6 months - 1 year.
>No preorders, they'll just show up in the store.
>In production at the same time as the Deluxe Builder Wave 1.
>Small selection of them at first; then they will expand depending on how good sales are.

New Deluxe Legion Builder Wave
>They might be able to sneak in some alt heads for this wave, depending on the final production price.
>>8978582
>Goblin is a 2.0 head and uses same neck as Gonxx.
>Goblin's Helmet is made up of separate parts, and leaves open possibilities for variation later on.
>Goblin helmet not meant to be removable.
>The Dwarf, Teutonic Knight, & Barbarian's horns are a new smaller port size than the previous horn/antler/wing decorations.
>This isn't going to be the only "deluxe" legion builder wave they do.
>Skeleton is a new skull sculpt with articulated jaw and visor.
>Preorder end date of May 31st.
>Solid dates work better for production, retailers and distribution.
>No Early bonus items; those are for the big waves.
>They've been planning on making 1.0 skeletal hands & feet. (Probably see those in the Necro wave)
>Joked about doing a greased up guy, and hairy guy with soft goods body hair.
>Fans crashed the website with so much traffic during the live show.
>Space Legions Head shown.
>>
I love this line, but they got to work on their weapon storage tech. The strap is good for the back but they're out of their mind using it as hip storage.
>>
>>8978825
>Goblin is a 2.0 head and uses same neck as Gonxx
Damn. I mean great, but damn, I'll have to make room in the budget for more then.
>The Dwarf, Teutonic Knight, & Barbarian's horns are a new smaller port size than the previous horn/antler/wing decorations.
And budget space found. If the dwarf and barb can't take older horns, I guess I'll buy less of those.
>>
Do the Ogres and 1.0s have the same size neck pegs? Are head swaps possible? I think the gladiator would look great with the half giant's helmet.
>>
>>8978305
So the ogre accessories will fit on Equaddron right? I assume yes, but looking at the pictures of him, I don't see a place for the pauldrons to connect
>>
>>8979007
Like the minotaurs, he has an overlay over his chest. It might not have Paulson holes. I'm in the hospital or I'd check mine.
>>
>>8978988
Does anyone know this?
>>
File: Horsemen.jpg (780 KB, 1080x956)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
>>8978305
The new box art has teases for the other two horsemen
>>
>>8979007
>>8979115
No, the head ball peg on the ogre is too big. It seems to be around the same size as a 1.0 waist ball peg.
>>
>>8979169
Meant to reply to >>8978988
>>
>>8979169
Drat.
>>
File: oof.png (87 KB, 568x797)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>8978305
Welp that's my order in
Was going to go all in but after thinking about it overnight I don't really 100% like the goblin and dwarf so I'm passing on them in favour of an extra skeleton and gladiator for kitbashing.
Also oof that shipping is painful.
>>
Is there any reason to preorder if I don’t have much money? I can just get them during the in stock sale, right?
>>
>>8978305
Still waiting on the rest of my Aethyr figures to ship. Buuut I'm in for 2 of the skeleton builders.
>>
>>8978305
Just letting you guys know I've updated the checklist with the new wave:

https://imgur.com/a/J9cewzq

I haven't added the Arethyr pre-order bonus since I'm waiting to see if the Horsemen upload a picture of it on the waves page like they did with the Soul Spiller bonus, if they don't do it come the stock sale I'll use a picture that was posted last thread.
>>
>>8979007
>>8979085
Just checked mine. He has the holes, but yeah the chest armor covers them.
>>
>>8979278
Better safe than sorry with this line.
>>
>>8979400
>Arethyr pre-order bonus
What was it?
>>
File: 1619687443822.jpg (213 KB, 1504x2015)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>8979473
This
>>
>>8979476
Aw fuck, was it for a limited time during the preorder or something? I want that sword but I didn't get it with my shipment.
>>
>>8979478
You had to pre-order it during the first day I believe
>>
>>8979480
Dammit. Guess I'm gonna have to get fucked by scalpers
>>
>>8979169
Anyone with an ogre, care to put the head on the legs of a 1.0?
>>
>>8979683
Ogre heads don't fit on the smaller figures. Different peg size.
>>
>>8979167
>>Horsemen
>>I see boobies
That's a HorseWOman
>>
>>8980085
*Zoolander coughs*
>>
>>8979269
Omg. Is this international shipping?
>>
>>8980205
To the UK, yeah, this is my first time making an order this big since my past orders have just been 3 figures at a time with the shipping working out at $62.
I hear it's worse for Australian anons.
>>
I'd love for 4 horseman to do a LotR line, especially urukhai and the goblins.
>>
>>8980460
Legion Builders of Uruk-hai, Gondorians, Easterlings, Prologue Elves, & moria goblins would be a godsend.

Not that the elfs and orcs aren't at least a little bit inspired by the Jackson movies in the first place.
>>
>>8978305
>Yak-headed hammer

Oh for pete's sake 4H, just release the damn Yakotaur already!

>>8978825
This dude, and most of the other figures in this wave just look amazing. However I wish they would finally retire that awful shield design and come up with a new standard kite shield. Not only is it literally the most boring of shields with almost no molded details, that awful raised lip around the edge just makes it useless as an actual shield.

But again, most of this wave looks fantastic, so good in fact it's hard to see them as generic grunts. The Goblin and Skeleton specifically have such unique looking faces (well, the skeleton's face looks like Mandibulus with the same exaggerated chin) that I wouldn't want more then one of em in my ranks. The Barbarian is probably the only one I'd buy multiples of, but he'll certainly need headswaps to work as a legion.

>>8978838
I've been harping on this for years. The strap was a great extra thrown in to all figures due to the success of the first KS iirc, and it's just been a standard thing ever since. But actual swordbelts, baldrics and the like would be such a simple, small but game changing addition to this line. The straps alone show how much a figure can change, but if they had a collection of swapable overlay gear designed to stow weapons and accessories, it would push the line to a whole new level. They did show off some new belts with the Illythia wave, but they could do so much more.

>>8979400
You do not get nearly as much credit as you deserve for keeping this updated anon. It might not mean much, but I certainly appreciate your efforts and wish you all the best in your Legion building endeavors. .
>>
I'm for sure getting at least 1 skeleton and 1 goblin. I gotta think about the other 4 guys. I don't care about ogres. Hopefully there will be at least a couple stock sales before the preorder ends.

>>8979400
Thank you for keeping this up to date. I have strong respect for the likes of you and Marvel Legends Checklist anon. Should probably remake my wishlist using yours soon.
>>
>>8980615
>You do not get nearly as much credit as you deserve for keeping this updated anon. It might not mean much, but I certainly appreciate your efforts and wish you all the best in your Legion building endeavors.
>>8980684
>Thank you for keeping this up to date. I have strong respect for the likes of you and Marvel Legends Checklist anon.
Ah it's no big deal you guys, this was my first update to it since making it a mouth or so ago and it's much easier to add singular small waves to it than it was to make it from scratch (unless they plan to ever do another giant wave like Advent of Decay again) but thank you, I do appreciate it.
I'll try to keep it updated for as long as I'm here.
>>
I'm new to ML and I've already got 9 figures on pre-order between bbts and horsemen, for $371. 7 skeletons, Owain, and Eagalus. I have none in hand yet, but still excited.
Think there will be a stock sale for Arethyr this month? I'm seeing the in hand pics of Arethyr and I want it, but the bbts preorder is sold out.
>>
>>8980747
They will do an in-stock sale, but I see them waiting until after the Legion Builder pre-order is over. They usually try to not overlap sales, and now that they're sticking to firm end dates they can schedule things much smoother.

They're still shipping out Arethyr stuff, so they're probably using this time to keep their shop active and once this sale is over the next one will begin. But unlike the weekly sales, this one should have much more stock and actually give people a chance to get figures they want.
>>
File: Jjuno Resting 03.png (2.11 MB, 1333x1000)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
>>8980761
This episode of Legions Cast
https://youtu.be/pVvyPzANjkI
Said they are holding off on the stock sale until after their retail partners have gotten and sold off some of their stock. I'd guess we'll see it in June then.

Keep in mind they had 3 different mini stock sales during the All Stars 4 preorder window; so there might be a chance to see a few of those come the 14th, 21st, or 28th; depending on how much they have left to ship out in the upcoming weeks.

They also gave more info on the evergreen legion builders.

>The silver Knight is the most requested figure, and will be among the first batch.

>At first they were considering just dropping them on the store without telling anyone what was going to be offered; but now they're going to do a poll to see what everyone wants.

>The price will go up about 1 or 2 dollars.
Not too horrible. I was afraid they'd drag their feet so long that we'd have to pay $35-$40 for them in the store anyway.
>>
>>8980798
Honestly, I think it would've been better had they decided to just do whatever they wanted as opposed to another vote. Leave the votes for the All Star Waves specifically and just rotate the Legion Builders at their own whim.

At the very least though, Silver Knight, Standard Skeleton, Elf, Goblin, Orc and Cave Dwarf would be the best options to pretty much cover all the main armies.
>>
>>8980845
I'd be down for that lineup.
They did say in yesterday's live stream that they will rotate new figures on depending on how well sales are. (As if sales will be dismal on in stock figures for bellow $30 a piece.)

I can see myself just skipping on a lot of preorders and just buying legion builders if the main figures aren't too creative.
>>
>>8980845
>Honestly, I think it would've been better had they decided to just do whatever they wanted as opposed to another vote.

this
>>
>>8980798
Oh god, not another poll. Expect manlets to rally for the dwarves.
>>8980845
Swap Cavern Dwarf for Bronze Dwarf and I think this lineup is fine. Silver Dwarf has had an All Stars run, Cavern Dwarf got a second run when they did an extra run for AoD, and also I'm selfish and the Bronze Dwarf is one of the only LBs I didn't buy multiples of during the first Kickstarter.

What I really hope for, to bring the older LBs into line with the more recent ones, is for an extra head for the 1.0 builders. I would love for the dwarves to come with the bearded helm that the Cavern Dwarf comes with. And bucket helms on Silver Knights. Especially if they are going to increase the price, which brings them awfully close to the price of these new Deluxe Legion Builders.
>>
>>8981056
Only reason I suggested the Cave Dwarf is because he actually comes with the alt heads and much better accessories then the original two Dwarf Builders. If we were to only get one of each race, the Cave Dwarf is easily the best option for Dwarves.

That said, I do agree that it would be fantastic if future LBs came with additional heads. Of all the figures, LB benefit the most imo as you're supposed to have multiples, and different heads help change things up a bit.
>>
>>8981067
I agree that the Cavern Dwarf is the best of the Dwarf LBs. But like I said, I'm selfish and need to round out my Bronze Dwarf army.
And if they give the other Dwarf LBs the bearded head, I would love if they did the beard in 2 other colours, since the beard is pretty easy to remove and swap. It would be even better if they made the beards actually modular, but I'm not expecting mold changes.
>>
File: dsc_0007.jpg (498 KB, 1800x1819)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
>>8981085
I hate how the Bronze Dwarf is obsidian colored with gold accessories. Cavern Dwarf should have been the Bronze one.
(Autism over)
>>
>>8982541
When asked about this nomenclature during the original KS, the 4H mentioned they based his color on Corinthian Bronze, which is indeed more black then brown. In their own weird, abstract way it made sense, but I agree that the name Bronze Dwarf wasn't a very good one for them. I feel something like Dark Dwarf would've worked better, but I also feel they should've been members of the Legion of Arethyr (as followers of Bothar).

Personally, I just use em as Dvergr with my lone Cave Dwarf as their leader who works for Gorgo Arethyrblade.
>>
>Arethyr shipping notice
YAAAAYYYYY!
>>
>>8983023
I'm still waiting on mine. And then I'll have to wait because of international shipping...
>>
>>8983049
It's weird. It says it was shipped almost ten days ago.
>>
File: Hammer Walking.png (1.18 MB, 900x1200)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>8982837
The factions are kinda funny.

You wouldn't know all the goblins, dwarf king, cavern dwarf, and Jjuno are all on the same team as the fire demon just by looking at them.
>>
File: Arethyr Army 8-19-20.jpg (708 KB, 1500x955)
708 KB
708 KB JPG
>>8983143
While I agree there's a lot of figures that don't really fit their official factions, the Legion is one I really don't have too much of an issue with in regards to it's variety. In fact I feel the multiple races that make up the Legion lend itself well to making it unique, it's a union of "lower class" savages, beastmen, monsters and other aggressive "unlawful" characters who banded together for conquest and destruction under the banner of Gorgo Arethyrblade to wage war against the orders of "noble" races that are essentially keeping them from taking power for themselves. Personally, I feel the Legion should have more of a variety of races, including far more humans (Rhamulus and Calavius specifically work very well in the Legion imo) and barbarian types.

Most other factions are almost straight singular race, or very little variety in races, especially the other villainous ones:

The Congregation and the Brood are all Skeletons and Vampires respectively.

The Circle is mostly evil elves, with a handful of demons and a random Minotaur (who'd fit better in the Legion imo)

The Red Sons are half Skeletons and Half Human (which is incredibly disappointing imo)

The Clan Bear is almost all human, with a few Dwarves (a common mix in the good guy factions) some half giants and a troll.

The Order is similarly almost all human, with a single Dwarf and an Angel (not counting their god)

The Army is once again almost all human with one beastman and with the latest wave....Dwarves.

The only other faction that comes close to the racial variety of the Legion is the Flock, which makes sense as they're essentially mirror images of each other.

All that said, I mostly just ignore the official lore when it comes to factions and just fit my figures where I feel they work best. Case in point, with the arrival of my Arethyr, I actually plan on breaking up my Legion into two groups, a small group led by Gorgo and the rest still following Arethyr himself.
>>
Any other Canadians here? Is store horseman's shipping decent?
>>
File: Ogre-Turn-Front_720x.jpg (44 KB, 720x587)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
I havent bought anything from this series in so long. What do they mean by Mythic Legions Ogres? Does this accessory pack fit every figure?
>>
>>8983660
it only fits the ogres, they're 9 inch figures.
See the giant orc in pic
>>
>>8983672
Oh so its meant for the half giant in this drop? I never knew they had fucking giants and ogres now.
>>
>>8983683
Yes, the Half Giant is the figure they're using to show off the parts. The Accessory set itself doesn't come with the figure, so if you want >>8983660 pic related, you'll need the accessory pack and the Half Giant Legion Builder.
>>
>>8983657
$60 CAD shipping for the All-in order. I'll live.
>>
File: STONE TROLL 2 SH_1.jpg (635 KB, 1134x1500)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
>>8983683
just to clarify, 4H being dumb, the half giant is a ogre, its just that 4H named him "half giant"
So his base is an ogre.

The bigger guys in the back, those are classed as Trolls.
>>
>>8983627
When I was reading the lore on the website I thought it was pretty neat that the dwarves were mostly allied with one of the villain factions since they're typically one of the default good guy races in most fantasy fiction.
The House of the Noble Bear is neat too since it's made up of misfit warriors and gladiators from outskirts of the kingdoms.
I wish the Red Stars had more going for them though, they're meant to be an assassin guild but they're mostly just armor clad warriors and their founder is pretty boring design wise despite being a skelly.
>>
>>8983672
Shit, I didn't realize the ogres were so big. I thought they were more inbetween the standard figures and the trolls, not just slightly shorter than the trolls.
>>
>>8983627
Don't get me wrong, I like that united kingdoms of meanness are made up of various species. It was just surprising that they did so.

Poxxus, the magic guys, and the assassins really need some love. I couldn't tell you what any of their theme is just by looking at the figures.
>>
>>8985000
I always assumed (and still headcanon) the sons of the red star were basically the leftover undead and the skellies that for some reason were thrown out of the congregation and now are mercenaries for hire to survive. But then Lord Veteris happened.
Poxxus definitely needs some love, but I feel they still fit together fairly well. And I expect both magic factions will become more defined once we get more lightly armored characters.
>>
>>8983718
Just consider the terns "Ogre" and "Troll" to be size classes, similar to "Deluxe", as we've seen a non-troll "Troll" as well as non-ogre "Orge" figures already. That said, calling the barbarian Orge variants "half" giants implies there may be *full* giants in the future. It would be a very easy Troll variant with a simple hairy humanoid head on the Troll body, but I'm hoping they make a whole new body type for when they get to actual Giants.

>>8985000
>>8985049
Going by absolutely nothing but the idea that he's in front of Necronominus in >>8979167, I'm gonna go ahead and state right now that the next Horseman wave will indeed feature Poxxus as well as a wealth of mages and wizards for both good and bad factions. Hopefully it's just as crazy as the Illythia wave with all the new stuff they busted out for that one in terms of new races/sub-races.

Azahazzar as a potential Demon Ogre perhaps? A demon Horse for Poxxus? Maybe a unicorn for the Convocation along side Bassylia himself making use of the new Centaur scale torso with a snake lower body maybe? As long as it's not just elves and humans in bathrobes, it should be a pretty fantastic wave.
>>
>>8985331
>Azahazzar as a potential Demon Ogre perhaps?
I really hope this happens, a combined form is just too good of a chance to pass up!

Also I'm really excited about 2.0 versions of characters.
>>
>>8985367
>Also I'm really excited about 2.0 versions of characters.
Same, who do you think should get one?
I think Vorgo could do with one since he is apparently a big player in the lore but has the same generic helmet as 50% of the line.
>>
>>8985678
>Vorgo could do with one
Do you mean Gorgo? If so, definitely agreed, he deserves a more special figure.
Personally I'd love to see a Malleus 2.0. For being a son of Necrominus he just looks far too generic, especially compared to his siblings.
>>
>>8985785
Yeah Gorgo, not sure why I started calling him Vorgo...
I agree about Malleus, I like the current designs but I'm of the opinion that lore important chatacters should at the very least have a unique head.
If I were to redesign him I'd probably make him the biggest of his sibling and buff up his armour since he seems to be the most physically strongest going off of his giant axes.
Skapular could do with a new design too imo.
>>
>>8985855
Actually, going back and reading their pages I apparently for Malleus' and Mandibulus' personalities wrong.
I always assumed Mandibulus was the wise eldest brother following in his father's footsteps and Malleus was the savage brute but apparently it's the other way around.
>>
>>8985863
>for
Meant got.
Also I've been meaning to ask, are skeleton a unique race in the Mythic Legion lore and not just risen undead? Like there is nothing mentioned about the skell siblings being once alive and there are none Necronominus skellies that have their own stuff going on like the Red Stars.
>>
Fucking fedex is taking their sweet fucking time delivering my package. I had to move on short notice so I wasnt able to change my address from 4h because i missed the deadline by a couple weeks so it's being delivered to my old address so I'm having a neighbor grab it and hold onto it for me. On their site it said it was going to be delivered on Monday which is convenient because I am off on mondays so I was going to drive there when it got delivered. Well it was in Arizona on monday morning and I'm in California so I knew it wasnt going to be delivered on time and of course it wasnt, fedex changed the delivery date to pending. Well I thought it would be delivered the following day on Tuesday as I've had 2 packages now have the same shit happen with fedex over the past week. Well my package still isnt in my town and the date is still pending. Looks like it wont be delivered until Wednesday now and I work then so fedex has completely fucked over my planning. Might not be able to get my fucking package until next week now. What a shit delivery service

/rant
>>
>>8986064
Tldr cry more that you didn't get your toys lol
>>
>>8986064
The wait will be worth it, stay strong anon.
>>
>>8986082
I hope so, it's just excruciating to see it so close yet so far it's already been a long wait sense the preorder and it's this last bit that just sucks. I dont remember the shipping taking so long in the past when I ordered from them from diffrent waves
>>
>>8986101
I'm the same way, I can be patient as a saint with pre-order and can wait over a year for an item to release but once it's out for delivery I get antsy and it's pain if I ever miss the postman on fridays since they wont delivery until the monday.
>>
>>8985863
It's probably the dual axes and constant screaming skull Malleus usually is seen with. I felt the same way, mainly because Mandibulus seems like he should be a higher ranked, more in control skeleton with his fancier armor and nifty hat.

>>8985875
Skeletons are indeed raised dead, it specifically says so in many of their bios. The "siblings" aren't so much born related to each other, but the first undead raised directly by Necronominus himself and the last three remaining from that apparent first batch. But there are plenty of skeletons, including Skapular and Pixxus, whose bios specifically mention how they were raised from the dead by Necronomic sorcery.

Pixxus specifically was a heroic brother in arms with Vitus until he was killed and resurrected by said magic.

Illgar intentionally made a deal to be brought back from the dead by Malleus.

Scaphoid was a Sorcerer when he was alive, and upon resurrection his magic seeped into his very bones granting him even more explosive power.

But probably most dramatic of all is Hagnon, who was once a great Knight for the Order of Eathyron and actually lead a massive victorious conquest against the Congregation. As an act of revenge, he was then hunted down, executed and resurrected to be an enslaved pet of Morgolyth.

That said, there does seem to be other ways to resurrect the dead, as Clavian was raised using dark Blood Magic, granting him special abilities and enhanced strength other normal skeletons don't possess.

And most mysterious of all is Gorgo Arethyrblade, as under that armor, it's hinted he's some form of undead as well and may have been a member of the Order before making a deal with Arethyr himself at some point for more power.
>>
>>8985367
>>8985678
B'alam in a purple silk robe.
>>
>>8985367
>>8985678
>>8985785
>>8986205

Would love a 2.0 Gorgo, maybe a bezerker/powered up version? Even like they did with Baron Voligar and give him formal thronewear apparel, wouldn't be mad.

Could definitely use a priest robes Heavensbrand or a king garb Attila too.

I think its a "safe bet" the 2.0 characters will be off faction leaders primarily. Can see a few fan faves like Godfrey thrown in there as well.
>>
>>8986445
"King" Attila and unmasked Gorgo are probably my most wanted 2.0 figures.
Of course, I wouldn't mind the knights like Ignatius and Owain getting actual heads one day, but I would almost prefer they come in a head pack.
I think Sir Valgard 2.0 is a sure thing eventually too, due to the fact they'll never make the original again.
>>
>>8986205
Ah alright then, I really need to read more of the bios, admittedly I've only read a handful and that was awhile ago now.
I know the line is currently focused on the "modern day" events of the world but one day it would be cool to see figures of chatacters from the past like alive Hagnon, or other skeletons from the first batch or maybe even Leodysseus?
>>
>>8986932
Leodysseus is pretty much a given along with Bassylia, since that would round out the four benevolent gods that drove back the four horsemen.
And I would say a past Hagnon isn't out of the question. Artemyss 2.0 bio describes her as a princess on the road to being crowned, while the original's bio calls her a queen. So it's definitely something 4H are open to.
Maybe when they do Sir Valgard 2.0, they might do Gabriel Heavensbrand, Gideon's father, since hes mentioned in Valgard's bio. And i reckon Hagnon would fit into that lineup perfectly as a soldier of The Order from the past.
>>
>>8986967

Right- 99% guaranteed in the next four major waves Bassylia and Leodysseus, Necronominus and horse, Poxxus and horse.

I want Helyos and Selyne the god lovers who started it all, and could you imagine at least the tower of the 4 benevolent God's? Thatd be perfect
>>
>>8987146
I hope Bassylia is like a naga or lamia with a snakes lower bottom, that would be a pretty useful mold to have assuming they can get it to articulate well enough.
>>
>>8986967
>Leodysseus is pretty much a given along with Bassylia, since that would round out the four benevolent gods that drove back the four horsemen.
Do you think we'll get a 2.0 of Eathyron that actually uses ML parts? Seems weird that one of the major characters in the lore is a recast from a previous line.
>>
>>8987146
Poxxus on horse is pretty much a lock for the big wave at the end of the year, with Necronominus next year. I could see them putting Bassylia in the Poxxus wave, but it will depend on the tooling budget. No idea where they can fit Leodysseus.
And Selyne and Helios would probably be the year after Necro, but I could be completely wrong on that. I would love a Castle of 4 sides, but who knows how much that would cost.
>>8987168
She's gotta have the Naga tail, which I hope leads to nagas and snake men. And lizard men. It's the last thing I really need from this line. Everything else is a bonus.
>>8987210
That whole wave of birds is technically a part of the Legions line. If anything, they should use the bird parts more in Legions to make shit like harpies.
>>
>>8987234
>If anything, they should use the bird parts more in Legions to make shit like harpies.
Well that's the thing, I don't think any of the parts, other than the wings, are compatible. And I think those require the adapter on top of that.
>>
>>8987243
The legs fit the 2.0 buck without modification. People have made custom harpies with no modifications.
The arms might fit 2.0 as well, but I'm not 100% on that.
>>
>>8987243
Yep, the arms do fit the 2.0 buck. Also the crotch armour fits over a 2.0 waist. And the 2.0 arms fit in the wing sockets as well, making a four armed figure.
They aren't as modular as the Legions bucks, but parts can definitely be used.
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/updates/blog/customizing-corner-combining-mythic-legions-and-the-birds
>>
>>8987358
I want to make a harpy, if only the birds were easier to get.
>>
File: ML Kit Bashing Options.png (936 KB, 1000x750)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
>>8987168
If they use the barbell joint the chest to abdomen 2.0 figures use on enough segments it should give a nice bend and wiggle range. They could also make an adaptor part that has a 2.0 plug on the bottom, with a 1.0 ball joint on the top for 1.0 figure bodies to port into.
>>
>>8987393
Same. I regret not getting a few more when nobody wanted them. I only have Decimus, Drayleon, and Archaeopteryx, and I really don't want to sacrifice any of them.
I could have bought Nimitus and Cardinus for almost half price at one point. And even on eBay prior to AoD, most could be found for close to original price, except for a few outstanding ones like Vultus and Phoenius, unless you got lucky.
>>
File: 20210505_162447.jpg (2.77 MB, 4032x2268)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
I'm really annoyed this little blue bastard doesn't have a peg hole for his tail.
>>
>>8988108
He does
Read the thread you sweet summer child
>>
>>8988108
He does, it's just covered by a removable plate.

>>8988128
not that guy, but was it mentioned in this thread yet? I know it was in the previous thread, and it even had pictures.
>>
>>8988128
>Read the thread
No, fuck you!
Because you telling me to read the thread jogged my memory of what was posted. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: 20210505_180243.jpg (3.19 MB, 4032x2268)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
Really love these two. I didn't know Vorthogg was going to have blank glowy green eyes. I just see him as sort of a Warcraft 3 orc blademaster. Oh, well. he can still be friends with paladin Magnus.
>>
>>8988108
Do you have the set of red wings, anon?
If you do, do the bigger parts of the wings come off so you can have small wings like the blue demon does?
Additionally, if they do what do those small wings look like on the hellfire bog goblin?
>>
>>8988411
Does the rubbery loincloth bit on your vorthog tab in all the way? Mine won't really stay in, and I can't tell if it's molded weird or if that's just how they are since it's a new piece.
>>
>>8988454
Had that problem with most of my rubber loincloths. I had to pop the skirts off every figure and reeaaally jam those mothers in.
>>8988452
I didn't get any wing sets and I'm kinda kicking myself for it now. I assume the normal sets are different from Arethyr's?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (60 KB, 512x384)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
I'm sad that my minotaur got brutally mogged and powercreeped by these roided ogre figures. He's my only 1.0 order when I was being cautious about the line and I really like him, I hope they make an ogre sized minotaur to compensate.
>>
>>8988581
I really want an ogre-sized Minotaur.
>>
>>8988581
>>8988584
There is one that's been on the boxart forever that they've teased about making before
>>
>>8988586
The yakman?
>>
File: 20210506_012024.jpg (299 KB, 584x584)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>8988604
Yeah
Though honestly I think that's a bit too big.
I kinda wish there was a size between the average male buck and the ogre.
>>
>>8988581
Good thing we can all repurpose our manletaurs into gladiators or whatever else.
Loving my red Fury Clan Orc. I might get some red wings and make him into a half-demon orc.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.08 MB, 794x656)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
A side note, does anyone collect wrestling figure? I walked by a Viking barbarian looking WWE figure. Are they at least decent?
>>
File: 20210506_015207.jpg (393 KB, 941x823)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
So I was looking around and came across this mimic dice holder up for PO, I'm not sure how bit it is exactly but I think it could scale well with Legions? My estimate going off of the dice is that it's about 10cm maybe a little bigger.
The site doesn't have dimensions on it but I'm tempted to try it out.
>>
File: 20210506_015218.jpg (442 KB, 886x853)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>8988681
Opened.
>>
>>8988684
Why would they put those mouth flaps there if it opens all the way?
>>
>>8988695
Yeah it's kind of weird, maybe it's able to open half way?
Also I found the height, apparently it's 11.50cm so could be in scale if you assume it's a large chest.
>>
Someone on facebook said the hands pack hands fit on the 2.0 bodies.
>>
File: Yakotaur.jpg (1.97 MB, 1600x2844)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>8988581
>>8988604
>>8988621
I've been pushing for the Yakotaur ever since I first saw him on the Ogre box art. They already have both the neck and hoof piece and they're literally releasing a yak-headed hammer with the current Ogre accessory set so he *must* be in the works. I thought he'd be part of the Flock's wave, but the Centaur came out of left field. However he could easily fit in the Clan Bear so they have a non-half-giant Ogre in their ranks to add some variety.

I've been trying to limit the amount of larger scale figures I buy but he's a must have when they eventually get around to him.
>>
>>8986064 #
Well looks like I have a delivery date now and it's on saturday, almost a whole fucking week delay, it's literally in town, why the fuck cant they deliver it tomorrow?
>>
>>8989072
yakotaur, is definitely in the Noble Bear wave, just look who he's surrounded by

>>8989288
well, at least yours is being delivered currently...
>>
>>8988862
I like it, the slightly bigger hands work well for a goblin.
>>8989072
>>8989647
Yeah I bet in the future we'll be getting a Noble Bear themed wave with Attlus 2.0, his bear mount and Yakotaur.
>>
Does BBTS generally have stock of Mythic Legions as a wave get released? I'm considering buying one or two Arethyr wave figures and I'm seeing that BBTS would be less expensive than the upcoming 4H Store in-stock sale when you factor those insane international shipping prices they've got at 4H.
>>
>>8990224
Probably BBTS will get their preorders in a few weeks to a month.
>>
>>8990224
Unless you already have them preordered, you are probably out of luck on BBTS. The in-stock sale might be your only bet to get any of the figures.
>>
>>8990224
where are you from? There's some other online shops that still have a few Arethyr Preorders up.
>>
File: MythicQuickSnap.jpg (405 KB, 1402x1051)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>8990689
Spain

(picture not particularly related, it just felt weird replying with a one worder)
>>
>>8990779
BFS figures as halflings is pretty funny.
>>
preordered this guy as my first ML figure did i choose wisely?
>>
>>8990824
outside of a couple they all share the same base body, so it's just down to whether you think that guy looks cool
>>
>>8990824
He's pretty darn nice.
>>
>>8990779
oh man that shelf is just ripe for action figure dives.
>>
>>8990779
damn, I was going to send you here https://actionfiguren24.de/en/search?sSearch=mythic%2Blegions&p=1
but it seems they recently sold out all the Arethyr figures except Hadriana...
Still might be worth remembering it for the future, I myself need to do some maths and figure out if this might be a cheaper option for me.

(nice shelf btw, I still need to get one of those crocodile mounts from Rampage)
>>
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa they just came in today.

Vorthogg game in a week or so ago, been using him as some kind of smug, intelligent orc advising Noglinn.

So excited to open them all up
>>
>>8991131
i regret not getting the orc, and the little imp dude.
>>
>>8990779
Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. has some nice halfling fodder like pic related. I ordered this Blasted Lands Orc to be "pigmy orc" from the darkest jungles of Mythoss.
>>
>>8991131
I'm kind of regretting my order. Maybe I'll keep Belphegorr and Gobo and sell everyone else.
>>
File: PXL_20210507_013652889~2.jpg (1.11 MB, 3135x2351)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>8991249
The little imp is growing on me. I wasn't sure about him when I went to order, but I wanted to get demons so I got him. I made him a shorter trident since the one he came with seemed massive.

>>8991257
That's a shame, this has been one of the most exciting waves for me
>>
>>8991395
I really want the imp, but to put the goblin legion builder head on, and to give the hooves to my barbarian for a lady silverhorn sentry look.

Didn't know the trident was a topper. that's wonderful news, since I love switching the mace heads around.
>>
>>8991395
If he were like orange or something I'd have tossed him into my order. Maybe even just a different shade of blue, but the one they went with isn't doing it for me.
>>
File: PXL_20210507_015502627.jpg (1.18 MB, 2873x3831)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>8991395
Crazy tongue goblin, love his colors and the weird frog spots he's got. Really nice touch for the spots to extend to his hands, I really like that.

>>8991429
That's fair. The blue is a little strange given that the rest are on the red spectrum.

>>8991410
Yeah I love finding out certain weapons are toppers. Honestly, it's a safe assumption that a given long weapon head is a topper if there's a reasonable line you could draw to split it.
>>
File: Judge'd.jpg (709 KB, 1400x1050)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
>>8991441
So far, the Trident, Halberd, Mage Staff and Dwarf hammer are the only big polearms with toppers, along side the obvious morning star/flanged mace set. I wish more of their weapons worked this way, especially the giant honkin v1 axe they seem to have phased out as it's a lot of fun to mix and match weapon bits.

There's also the flags, as the pole itself is two different detachable poles that weapon heads can fit on.
>>
File: PXL_20210507_020557690.jpg (1.2 MB, 3024x4032)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>8991441
I love the new hands. Belphagor looks like he's constantly explaining his master plan, and has just gotten to the part where he says "we CRUSH them". That grin is delightful

>>8991480
That's a hell of a fuckin mace
>>
File: PXL_20210507_021507410.jpg (1.18 MB, 4032x3024)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>8991604
Arethyr is insanely cool. He looks good with Belphagor's extra hands too, if anyone was curious. I swapped then and I think I'll be keeping them that way.
>>
File: PXL_20210507_021406028.jpg (1.51 MB, 3024x4032)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>8991684
People have already posted it, but I love his crazy eyes
>>
>>8990879
he does look pretty cool are theyre any good looking long boat/ row ship toys that scale well with mythic legions stuff id love to do an odyssey or jason and the argonauts esque display
>>
>>8991722
Instead of gauges they should have given him double septum piercings.
>>
>>8991722
And of course, astride his horse.
Such a cool fucking figure.

>>8988862
I kinda like it. Makes him look weird and lanky

>>8991759
Wouldn't the ship be like, the size of a skateboard or bigger to make that scale correctly?
>>
File: syatit4nzm9z.jpg (84 KB, 700x843)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>8991759
I don't know about any boats, but pic related is a good foe for Jason if you can find him.
>>
File: 94732.jpg (47 KB, 1000x442)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>8991759
>>8991847
The idea of putting your toys in a toy boat is giving me Small Soldiers flashbacks
>>
File: MythicVitruvians.jpg (370 KB, 1051x1296)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>8991012
Thank you. I'll keep the link at hand. I'll run into this same issue with the upcoming Dark Templar/Teutonic Knight; it's the only I'm interested on in the builder wave and the lower 4HStore cost does not offset their new ridiculous shipping prices for few figures.

>>8990796
>>8991254
Yep, some are ideal, like the gargoyles, elves and other non-human folk. It's fun when they can double in a 1/18 display one day and 1/10-12 the next.
>>
>>8992589
>I'll run into this same issue with the upcoming Dark Templar/Teutonic Knight
hah, same! I was thinking during all the reveals
>oh, those are great new parts that I'll happily wait for to appear on other figures.
And then they showed off the templar
>>
>>8991847
yeah or something similarly big probably wishful thinking but ah well
>>
File: ThumppDanceTransparentGIF.gif (813 KB, 1200x1109)
813 KB
813 KB GIF
>TFW you get assigned to pillage and rape duty
>>
is this guy worth $169.99+
>>
File: jakks star wars pacific.jpg (1.07 MB, 2448x3263)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>8993718
No.
They're barely worth $50 given how basic the engeering is. Literally oversized Jakss Pacific quality, but smaller and almost as hollow feeling.
>>
>>8993718
wait for the next troll announcement.
Unless you really like that version.
>>
>>8993718
Is that retail price for you or aftermarket? If the latter I'd say wait until sell some in a stock sale if you really want a troll
>>
>>8993718
I have him, I love him....he's not worth $170. Wait till the next Troll sale unless you specifically want that one.
>>
>>8993788
That Chewbacca sculpt looks like he doesn't have teeth.

>>8993792
You also might be able to get the Forest Troll 2 in a stock sale, considering how easy it was for people to get the Stone Troll 2 in both the AS3 & the two troll stock sales.
>>
>>8993718
He’ll show back up or other colors of him.
>>
>>8993788
>>8993806
That scouts head is also slightly warped
>>
>>8993718
No. I had one chilling in my PoL at BBTS for that. Decided it wasn’t worth it and got a refund. I grabbed one from an in stock sale for like 105. That felt a bit better just based on how big and heavy it is.
>>
Still waiting on the rest of my Aerythr figures to ship...
>>
>>8993896
>the rest
haha, yeah, same. The rest...
>>
>>8993896
>>8993998
I just got my second shipment today with no prior notice. They're coming, they just take time.
>>
Alright, I wasn't expecting much out of the horses, but I opened one up and I'm legit impressed. These fuckers are gigantic, and the articulation/joints are solid. My only problem is the head likes to fall off.
>>
Anyone know a good way to punch a hole that won't end up widening out/tearing into one of the fur pieces? I wanna use orc guy's waist piece as a shoulder pelt.
>>
well finally got my package, but it looks like the side was smashed in a bit and while the figures inside were undamaged the card back for the boxes got bent. There wasn't any padding or anything inside the box and it looks like 4hm used the smallest box they could. Really wish they would invest in proper shipping
>>
I hope at some point we get skeleton figures of orc, goblins, elves ect. Heck, even ogre skeletons and giants
>>
File: Deluxe Legion Wave 1.png (256 KB, 1161x632)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
What's everyone planning to buy so far?

For me I know I want 2 of the Skeletons, and 2 of the Goblins. If I can get the orc hands & feet pack I'll put those on one goblin, while putting the head of the other on a 2.0 goblin body.

Don't know what else I should get.
>>
>>8999227
everything except the dwarf and the giant + parts
The dwarf doesn't have anything new other then a head. Not enough for me.
While the Ogre looks good, its just a big human, would have went in on him if he was an orc, or another race, but big human doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>8999227
Picking up a teutonic, a gladiator, and the ogre pack. They're all really good, but I don't need them in multiples.
>>
>>8999227
I'm all-in since I'm a new collector and know how much the late tax costs.
>>
>>8999270
The dwarf has the Vorthogg/Magnus body and belt. But if you're getting a Barbarian or two he's got the same parts.
>>
>>8999227
i just want the skeleton and the giant
>>
>>8999227
I'm getting one of the Knights, Skeletons and Gladiators with two of the Barbarians. The Knight and Barbarians will be joining the Legion as evil humans following Arethyr. The Gladiator will be joining the Lion army along side Vitus and Calavius and the skeleton will be joining up with his bone bros and acting as a scout for the horde.

>>8999270
>>8999337
Yea, the Dwarf at least has newer parts, it's the goblin who uses and strangely boring build. It's the same old 1.0 dwarf buck with none of the newer pieces. A new belt or some new pauldrons would have been really nice, or hell being on a 1.0 body it should use the new orc hands/feet. But there's nothing new about it outside of it's very distinct head and I just don't get it.

The Giant stuff was very tempting, but I'm trying to limit my Ogres and I fully expect the Yakotaur to come with at least some of those new parts.
>>
>>8999227
At this point, it's looking like an all in plus 6 Dark Templars.
I might get some extra gobbos and skeletons, and 1 more Gladiator to make Bazuso from Berserk.
>>
>>8999756
How much are you going to spend? I’m struggling to keep my order under 200.
>>
>>8999202
Same, some big and small skellies would really break up the hoard
>>
>>8999227
See >>8979269
I was considering getting more skeletons and having that my central army builder for my undead but I'm still debating it since it doesn't come with a second head and they might put out a new normal legion builder.
>>
>>8999941
I'm trying to keep it under $400, not including postage. International postage is the killer. The All In postage is $95, and if I add an extra figure to the All In it bumps it up by $60.
Adding 6 figures to the All In only bumps it up by $83. Adding 10 figures only bumps it up by $100, but that puts me a bit over my spending limit.
Best case scenario, I get almost everything I want. Worse case, I scrap the All In and just get an army of Templars and Skellies, and 2 Gladiators.
>>
>>8991395
Man I wish I'd pre-ordered this little fucker, he looks great. On the plus side I do have the Helphyre goblin coming, allegedly.
>>
>>8999227
Just the Dark Templar.
I'm not a painter, and imo most of the builders in this wave are not the kind that look good or make sense unpainted (like the excellent elf, vampire, goblin, black knight... legion builders). The skeleton does work very nice in that sense, but I'm not a fan of the anatomical inaccuracy in Mythic Legions skeletons, so that's discarded.
>>
Managed to buy Gonxx off evilBay. Hopefully he arrives soonish, he looks great.
>>
File: PXL_20210507_021259223~2.jpg (1.25 MB, 3024x4032)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>8999227
I grabbed the skeleton and the gladiator for the new parts, and because skeletons rock.
>>
finally got a shipping notice! Apparently my figures will be here in two days.
>>
>>9001366
Same. International order here. 4H usually put their customs info as the price of one figure. Hope they continue to throw us a bone and do the same here.
>>
>>9001366
Still waiting for my notice... I’m excited and nervous for it to ship.
>>
File: Almost Final Pics.jpg (109 KB, 1170x681)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Well I've narrowed my preorder down to this.
I can afford to sneak in one more.
Considering either another gladiator, Teutonic Knight, 3rd skeleton, or a barbarian.

It's tricky since most of the customs and kitbashes I've been thinking about are for 2.0 or use parts from the older 1.0 Legion Builders.

Gladiator is a wise choice, since this is the cheapest any ML figure that comes with so many bare man parts has been.

The main reason why I'd consider a barbarian is because he acutally has symmetrical bare arms. Plus he's got the other new Arethyr wave torso.

Teutonic Knight has those great gothic pauldrons, and having a tunic body would be useful.

Can't go wrong with skeletons. He's got the gothic body armor, and the best weapon outload of the wave.
>>
Anyone else got plans for kitbashes?
This is what I'm thinking of doing with the new deluxe LB wave.
I'll have a lot of spaew parts so I'll have to find use for them in the future.
I'll need to be on the lookout for better helmet ornaments on the templars helmet, the wings aren't doing it for me.
>>
>>9001827
Really just going to put the non-bearded old deluxe barbarian head on the Gladiator. Also going to give him the booted feet from Vorthogg.
>>
>>9001827
Keep in mind the Teutonic Knight, Barbarian, & Dwarf helmet horns are the same size as the minotaur horns, and not the previous helmet attachments.

1st goblin will get the orc hands & feet if I can get ahold of them.

2nd Goblin head will go onto a 2.0 goblin body.

I'm swapping the limbs of one of the skeletons onto the Teutonic Knight, so I have a full Gothic armored Skeleton, and a bone limbed templar.

I might keep the gladiator as is, or use him for something in the future. I just think I should have at least one almost naked guy around just in case.

I've narrowed my picks down to either a barbarian, 2nd gladiator, or 3rd skeleton.
>>
File: download.jpg (454 KB, 2900x2563)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
Does anyone else feel like the forearm on the ogre mold is too long? I don't mind on the cyclops or orcs, as they are fantasy creature, but the druid on preorder, "army builder" roided man, and Borthar the tower if they are humans the proportions are super off because of the gorilla arm. Unless they are giant race and not exactly humans then fair game I guess
>>
>>9001600
We'll probably see more Skeleton LBs in the future, so it's better to wait for them. The Knight can easily stand on his own as a one off unique figure. So in your situation, I'd say go for the Barbarian just for an added bit of variety.

>>9001827
Normally I part swap figures all the time, but honestly with this batch I plan to leave em mostly as is. I may try to make my two barbarians more unique from each other with some small changes, and maybe a headswap, but otherwise these guys all look really unique considering they're supposed to be generic troops.

>>9002047
Bothar and the LB on sale now are both "Half-Giants", so they're certainly not human. Odd proportions aside, they both tower over normal figures as they use the Ogre buck, which again isn't very human in it's measurements.

And what "druid" are you talking about, the only other Ogre figure in production right now is the giant Vampire.
>>
>>9002047
The forearms are a little too long, and the legs are too short. I guess it was a deliberate choice and all to give them inhuman proportions, but yeah, they look weird.
>>
>>9002073
He might mean the legion builder with the accessory pack. I can see that as a kind of giant druid.
>>
>>9002126
If that's the case, I hope he reads the description carefully before buying it. It's gonna be super annoying to have a bunch of anons on here in six-ten months complaining they bought a giant and only got a hat...
>>
File: barbarian-lb-turn-head.jpg (108 KB, 856x856)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>9002073
You're right about the Barbarian.
This evening I actually was considering him; since both the Skeletons and original Templar have a high chance at getting into the evergreen reissues, I'd have a full set of bare arms, both new torsos, and I could give the trident to the gladiator.

If I put my 2nd goblin head on a 2.0 body, that means I could the goblin legion builder helmet head onto the 2nd goblin body and have a poor man's Gonxx. I'd even have the option of using the Barbarian's chest to differentiate him from Gonxx.
>>
>>9002073
Yeah I think the skeleton is the only one that works well as a LB, I was thinking of getting two and having them be archers.
>>
>>9002073
>And what "druid" are you talking about
Are bios out? Apologize I have not read bios, but back in DnD days characters with Antlers helmet are generally druid-man. Pic related is what I'm referring

Even though he towers over most 1/12 figures, there's a sense he';s a manlet because his forearm is too long and his lower leg is too short compared to "idealized" proportions back in my art degree.
>>
>>9004504
Well he's a weird cross breed between a human and a giant (who knows how that worked) so I imagine the offspring will be a little deformed looking.
>>
>>9004504
He can be a nephilim-druid, but I will probably display him as the Conan god Crom.
>>
File: TallGoblin.jpg (797 KB, 1600x1200)
797 KB
797 KB JPG
>>9004504
>>9004695
This current wave doesn't have bios because all the figures are troop builders. The pic you have isn't even a full figure, it's an accessory set (head, belt, pauldrons, shoulder strap and weapons) added to a generic Half Giant. I don't think there's any real story to his horns, he's just wearing moose antlers because deer antlers would be way too small for him.

I've also never got the impression of the Ogre class figures being manlets. The giant torsos and arms feel more giant hulking gorilla then anything else. The giant traps alone just make them look like towering inhuman beasts. But I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

>>9004521
A very brave man and a very patient giant woman.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.