[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 104 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sneed-UnderscoredDouble.jpg (186 KB, 1537x2048)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
Previous: >>8778088
>Latest News
The second round of the Lego 90th anniversary fan vote has concluded. The results will be kept a secret until the launch of the anniversary set in 2022: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d1613450-c72c-4447-97c3-4120ce28ecbe

The team behind BIONICLE: Quest for Mata Nui has started releasing songs from their soundtrack on YouTube, and have also announced that Tony Wedgwood (narrator of the G1 BIONICLE commercials) will be providing voiceover work for the game. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpDnhOuhJ3Sxr4SpBudL15Q

Christian Faber, an art director who worked on the first generation of BIONICLE, has announced he is working on a new BIONICLE project, "Biovival." https://www.instagram.com/fabframes/

>G1 Story Material
Comics: http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/comics/
Books: http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/books/
Everything: https://wallofhistory.com/

>G2 Story Material
2015 Animations: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRNbTEZ7dhL1lKhlxvt777XQvGFMCH9sq
2016 Series: https://www.netflix.com/title/80062112

>Miscellaneous Media
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/

>Fan Projects
Team Kanohi (BIONICLE: Masks of Power): https://teamkanohi.itch.io/bmop

>Resources for Builders
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/
https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page
[toyler]https://discord.gg/R9BdKTK[/toyler]
>>
File: 10365939.jpg (116 KB, 600x423)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
pisscord
>>
>>8797506
The reviving bionicle guy is overrated. I lost most of my respect for him after finding out he’s a massive faggot/furfaggot, why did the community latch onto him so much
>>
>>8797528
The community is a bunch of degenerates, tell me anon, what kinda odd and deprived you are into?
>>
>>8797539
>what kinda odd and depraved shit are you are into?
British people
>>
>>8797554
ew
>>
File: 6f5.jpg (145 KB, 680x1015)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>8797514
yasscord
>>
>>8797528
Elaborate? All I know is that he's been stalling his shit storyline for a year now just to play halo with mentally ill trannies.
>>
File: EtVAoYyUcAIVAR0.jpg (101 KB, 611x1200)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>8797528
I'm actually concerned about getting ostracized by the community for not being a left leaning cunt
>>
>>8797858
Orange is an okay guy, but his political leanings do get a bit grinding. Reviving Bionicle should've stayed as a one off thing.
>>
>>8797858
then stop playing to the stereotypes by not comparing yourself to Ryan Gosling 24/7
>>
File: 22.jpg (351 KB, 1200x1592)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
Ok might try building something like pic related after seeing it in the last thread. I have the blue guy I cropped on the pic, Makuta and a few Nuva for the armor pieces. For the moc experts, would I be missing any crucial pieces? I know the hands and the head I'd have to make differently with what I have. I'll share the result if it works out.
>>
>>8798004
She cute
>>
>>8797962
ywbgn
>>
Chuck
>>
File: index.jpg (161 KB, 1600x1021)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
You have played the new /biog/ visual novel, haven't you?
>>
File: 71750.jpg (231 KB, 720x616)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
Seems like the underwater Ninjago sets are introducing yet another new blade piece. Not bad.
>>
>>8798004
It also uses the back/torso? Of a toa hordika and lots of these small things, when i build mine there was a video on YouTube on how to build it but i can't find it anymore
>>
File: 1491341460630.jpg (175 KB, 500x1000)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>8798060
>>
>>8798110
>Soimirror
>>
GOD I want the Monkie Kid animation team to work on a BIONICLE animated series SO FUCKING BAD
>>
>>8798122
Pay them, poor fag
>>
>>8797506
>>
>>8798122
Monkie Kid is literally the best Lego theme since Bionicle.
>>
>>8798101
Not entirely sure right now but I feel like I don't have that specific piece. Yea following a vid would certainly make things easier.
>>
>>8798060
No I haven't, post more pics tho.
>>
>>8798060
Why?
>>
>>8797858
Bro fuck this community, honestly.
>>
File: medic.jpg (809 KB, 1440x1440)
809 KB
809 KB JPG
post muh 'toran
>>
File: lookout.jpg (345 KB, 1312x1312)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>
>>8797554
Sailor is that you
>>
>>8798408
>Ko-Matoran with a lil backpack and a silly antenna sticking out the top
Uber kino.
>>
File: 1601947035919.png (229 KB, 325x388)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>8798157
Monkiepilled
>>
>>8797554
Disgustang
>>
>>8797858

Oh no, you'll be ostracized by the left leaning cunts that you don't like. And the looney troons that you generally wouldn't find good company because of their various mental issues. And the elitist inner circles who are dunking on the commoners that they rely on for their Lego funding. And the odd spaz or kid that you wouldn't anyway. Like the other anon said, screw this "community".
>>
>>8798060
Link?
>>
>>8798060
Fuck you
>>
>>8797858
Why would you be 'afraid' of being ostracized from a community of internet manchildren who obsess over a 20 year old toyline? Tell them to go fuck themselves.
>>
File: 1590775271874.png (454 KB, 636x856)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
>>8798928
This! Don't censor yourself to appeal to a bunch of wackjob internet strangers! Preserve your individual personality and ideals at all cost! (And ESPECIALLY don't fall in line for jannies!)
>>
File: S1260006.jpg (1.13 MB, 2376x4224)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>8798408
heres the last one I can post without showing extreme heresy
>>
>>8798928
>>8798962
You two say that, but then when someone says they're anything other than straight and/or white, or anything else like that...
>>
>>8799018
Really nice shaping in the torso with those triangle axle pieces. A good number of connection points, excellent unorthodox angles, and to top it all off, a subtle hint of light bley to tie in its presence in the hands and feet. And about color scheme, dark tan is a supremely patrician choice, particularly for an Onu or Po-Matoran, which, judging by the eyes, I figure this is one of the latter. Which brings up my single qualm- why the Metru head? Not a rhetorical question, I'd like very much to hear your reasoning for choosing it over a Mata head. And of course, the shining star of the show, the mask. An interpretation of the Mask of Emulation, and a Noble variant to boot, I presume? The print looks to be of high quality (or at least a very good sanding job), but the matte texture of the paintjob leaves something to be desired. Otherwise, of course, it's an excellent Matoran.
>>
>>8798093
Damn, that thing is actually kind of sick. Are they finally going to get me to buy Ninjago?
>>
>going through and disassebling old mocs to sort pieces and get overview of my inventory
>find this humanoid moc based on a friends gta char
>sport shoes, leggings, red jacket, implied tank top and fox mask
jesus, why did I even do this?

>>8798469
the point of that us long range com during heavy snowstorms while also recovering lost or injured Matoran. I kinda wanna build more headcanon Matoran professions.
>>8799018
still quite liking this build, although I'd probably go for smaller hands
>>8799151
Metru heads are best. The only reason to use Mata heads is for colour.
>>
File: 20210223_112913.jpg (862 KB, 894x1930)
862 KB
862 KB JPG
>>8799177
forgot file like a moron
>>
>>8799180
Cute if you leave aside that it came from gta, then it becomes cringy
>>
Self made accessories from felt(like capes etc.), yes or no?
>>
>>8799202
yes, if you know what you're doing. I for one stay away, since I'm no good with anything but the simplest cloth wrap.
>>
>>8798004
I test built this last night and honestly it kinda one of those builds that just looks much better in a picture than to actually build and handle. It's a flickr moc, nothing more. Loose, illegal connections all over the play, weird proportions that don't hold up in certain angles and things just kept falling off all the time. It might work if you significantly retooled the technic based constructions with more modern pieces but considering the base model was made in 05 it really hasn't aged well.
>>
File: guA2azO.jpg (64 KB, 653x316)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Alright /biog/, how do you go about sorting your pieces?

I've always just had them all thrown into a big ol bin but that's just not feasible anymore and I should really downsize. I'm thinking of setting similar parts into ziplock bags and storing together so it will be a bit easier to sift through everything, but I can't decide if it would be better to sort the larger pieces into colour or 'role' (shins, feet, torsos, weapons, etc)
>>
>>8799311
I have these sorting systems with tiny drawers that I use for small technic parts. Liftarms go into bigger drawers. Then I have little boxes for torsos, armor pieces, leg pieces and whatever. Might as well use old canisters or PaB cups for that.
Sort by type first, then by colour.
>>
>>8799194
What?
>>
>>8799018
those calves are genius
>>
Bros, im starting to think that maybe Hero Factory wasnt that bad...
>>
For me, its the McDonalds Matoran
>>
File: 23nnfZh.jpg (524 KB, 1081x1000)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>8799101
Oh fuck off. Find me one single Bionicle community member who casually said they were trans or nonwhite and their faggy shit didn't leak into their interactions with others at some point. Then show me the people who gave them shit for it. If you look at members like Aanchir, Demi, or any of those retards, they always bring politics and their own narcissist views into the fandom. It's why Bionicle being "racist" and "trans" Tamaru are still a thing we hear about. Fucking sick of you morons. Maybe if you just talked about the fucking toys and lore and kept your progressive cancer at the doorstep you'd be welcomed here a little more.
>>
>>8798060
Sneed
>>
>>8799518
Demi is almost universally despised by the community even in progressive circles.
>>
>>8799508
Looking back, it's really unfortunate that they went all-in on advertising that this was the Bionicle successor, instead of letting it naturally get there.
Von Nebula (and probably some of the other big sets) have quite a few interesting part uses that aren't really explored, like backwards piston legs and even the Phantoka torso.
I know that the small sets are a good franchise intro, but I really wonder what it would have been like to get a whole line of 150+ piece titan-scale sets. Even as a little kid I stopped being impressed with the canister sets. It probably would've been easily doable, given that 6 titans/titan combiners were the norm for most of the line's lifetime.
>>
Does anyone know what that parts are those?

https://i.imgur.com/whmGUN0.jpeg
>>
>>8799302
Dunno what you built but is not loose nor it has ilegal connections, and looks decent. Main problems i see are the arms, shoulder connection looks weird if not posed correctly , and knees become loose due to all the weight on just 2 balljoints. Using modern pieces for the legs could fix
>>
>>8799592
My point still stands. Find me one tranny or leftist Bionicle personality that ian't an insufferable twat.
>>
>>8798093
There's a set with this piece in sand green too. In fact, it seems "Ninjago, Mahri Nui Edition" is going to focus on sand green/gold a lot.
>>
File: 61800.png (115 KB, 360x270)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>8799642
Damn, I fucked up hard. Meant to reply to >>8799166 (and not to myself kek) and to attach picrel.
>>
>>8799632
2005 Toa Hordika Whenua #8738
parts
torso 50925
hips 47306
>>
>>8799651
Thank you anon!
>>
>>8799518
Still doesn't make you not a collossal cunt for calling every person you don't like "tranny" - like the previous post said.
Hate the politics? Fine. Attack that. Doesn't give you an excuse to be a shitheel about everything else.
>inb4 "waaah muh social justice fags are all alike"
Not an argument fuck off.
>>
>>8799672
Dude find me one. That's all I'm saying. The convo was about being ostracized by the community for not being a leftist. Some of them are trans/tranny/whatever word won't twist your tits in a knot. Then you proceeded to say that it's that are the intolerant ones. So again. Find me a leftist/trans Bionicle personality that hasn't injected their politics into the fandom and was shunned soley for their identity or outside political beliefs that they otherwise kept out of the fandom. You can't. Stop shifting blame on us when if it were me personally, I wouldn't give a shit if a user was coincidentally trans but kept that shit out of the discussion. I remember back in 2014 Seltz/Pomatoranan was at one point trans (idk if thry are still but whatever) and they literally only brought it up when recieving backlash for bashing a trans Tamaru moc on BZP. Other than that they just posted mocs here and nobody told them to piss off. So once more. Find me an example and you may have a point.
>>
>>8799734
>it's us as well that are the intolerant ones
>>
>>8799734
>Seltz/Pomatoranan was at one point trans (idk if thry are still but whatever) and they literally only brought it up when recieving backlash for bashing a trans Tamaru moc on BZP. Other than that they just posted mocs here and nobody told them to piss off

I remember that. Good times. I liked how Pomatoranon would give the mocs ponchos and photograph them in fitting rocky backgrounds.
>>
>>8799734
This. That even goes for the trans people in Maskposting. If they're just posting memes or mocs or whatever, I don't care who they are. Some don't want to define themselves over being trans at all. It's spasms like "all bonks are trans, no I won't elaborate" that makes these cunts insufferable. Be trans? Ok. Create your own trans characters? Whatever floats your boat I guess. Force me to agree with your shitty headcanons or you'll call me names? Fucking retard, gtfo.
>>
>>8799734
Hey look, >>8799806 - ta-da!
>>8799877
Considering how often I see "I hate this because the creator is a tranny" in this shitpit, something tells me this live-and-let-live "keep your politics out of it" mentality is neither the only nor the main reason.
Hell, some bugslut on /lg/ is talking about how JK Rowling is based for being a TERF. For people wanting to keep politics out of the hobby, you sure get pissed whenever you see people of particular demgraphics do anything.
I hate overpolitical shit, too. Which is why I get sick of every fucking time X creator does something people flip shit and scream "tranny" even when it's completely apolitical.
Ffs, it doesn't make you guys look like you have a legitimate position. Just a bunch of impotent neets whining because muh trans agenda.
>>
File: 1518060131366.jpg (18 KB, 377x300)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>8798060
>>
Post your Toa team :3
>>
>>8800023
Purple and white dude look based
>>
>>8800001
I think you misread me. I said
>>8799672
To find me an instance of a trans/leftist individual being shunned by people here solely for being trans/leftist. The dude you link agrees with me that Pomatoranon was chill and accepted here and their being trans didn't matter. You're fucking delusional. Find me a trans person or leftist that was harrassed off of here for a reason other than unwanted identity politics or fuck off. Stop projecting us as intolerant in an attempt to deflect the truth of the matter, which is that lefty circles in the Bionicle fandom are way more intolerant of outside opinion/identities. You're grasping at straws so hard right now, christ.
>>
>>8800049
The fact that you use the term “fandom” and believe there are “lefty” (and implied “righty”?) Bionicle circles just makes me think you’re a delusional tranny, sorry
>>
>>8800049
Everytime I see someone post some of Demi's art, it inevitably is followed up by comments about whaatever their sexuality is.
Hell, a few threads back, someone posted some neat-looking MOC to which someone said "I have to hate it because the creator's a tranny."
You people bitch and moan about people bringing politics into your toys, and then you bring politics into the toys.
Need a more concrete example? Previous thread >>8794640. Bitching about Maskposting being a hugbox and shitting on people for having trans characters.
I don't like this lefty bs either, but I don't drag it up whenever I can to bitch about it. Stop pretending you have any high ground.
>>
>>8800063
>there aren't lefty circles, guy
>places like BZP totally aren't progessive thinktanks now, guy
>you said fandom instead of community? You're obviously a tranny, guy
>implied righty
I never implied right wing circles anywhere, the closest you have is here, and this is the most middle of the road place due to lack of IDs and constant moderation. Thanks for the stawman deflection though. This general as I've been stating, is the most tolerant, which is ironic given the nature of the site. Any other corner of the community or whatever you want to call it is an intolerant hugbox that despises people not wanting trans this or racism that brought into discussion constantly. Prove me otherwise. Please.
>>
>>8800085
Because those teannies are insufferable faggots that bring their politics into the hobby constantly. That was my fucking point. Nobody hates any trans people that act fucking normal, like Pomatoranon. You. Fucking. Moron.
>>
>>8800097
>>8800085
Also that's what, two anons? You wanna dig through Maskposting and BZP and come back with a tally of how many douchebags peruse those sites? Suck my left nut, man.
>>
>>8800085
fuck it man, fine, we're as intolerant as anyone else, you've made your point. now fuck off, you're not welcome here either. we're gonna bitch about your faggotry all we like, because this is the last place we can. I'm not changing shit for you, now either leave or post a moc or something.
>>
>>8799101
>you guys hate anyone not white or straight
>>8799518
>no just the retarded ones like Demi
>>8799592
>Demi isn't a fair example, everyone despises them
>>8799806
Pomatoranon was a trans poster and people liked them because they acted normal
>>8800085
W-well you guys shit on Demi...
You're pathetic.
>>
>>8800092
I hate trannies but I’m not autistic enough to give a shit about trannies in Bionicle. If a tranny wants to make an OC that’s a fire toa who transitioned into a water toa, I couldn’t care less
>>
>>8799634
The tits wobble up and down because there's nothing securing the techinc piece in flat, it's just flanked by pieces either side of it which still allows for wiggle. The tits themselves also can spin. The Nuva shoulder for the hip pops out because while the thigh is connected to the pelvis the piece is pushed up by the balljoint. The Top nuva shoulder of the tit also is pushing the bottom one out halfway, which means the 'cup' of the bra falls off too often. Neck is way too high up comparatively to the chest. The shoulders are just absolute cancer I have the Metruan -limb-as-a-shoulder-joint because it just flat out doesn't work like that, it's too easy to knock the bicep out of wack giving you a 3-jointed limb.

I'm sure if you bought every piece for it as brand-spankin' new it would be far less fragile but as it is it can look nice enough to stand on a shelf but as a toy it fuckin' sucks. It's no different than a Flickr MOC by Black Six in that regard.
>>
>>8800023
These are nostalgic. I miss the simplicity of just fitting parts together from your parts bin, not all this waiting for bricklink orders shit.
>>
>>8800171
I don't care, unless mods start threatening bans etc if people criticize whoever is making a trans moc. Like I said as long as they're not pieces of shit I don't and most here don't care. Fruitcake >>8799101 over here wants to act like we're bigots or some shit trying to drag us down to the same level as the rest of the community. If you don't come off as 'woke as fuck' I don't care what's in your pants or who you fuck. I just want to talk about plastic robots without identity politics and obtuse fags like that anon to stay out of it.
>>
File: 1vqild.jpg (14 KB, 250x250)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
shut the fuck up holy shit
>>
>>8800206
No u. Post something interesting if you wanna change the subject instead of some milquetoast reaction image.
>>
>>8800097
>they're insufferable because they bring up politics into everything
In their hugbox circles. Yet you keep having to bring them up and bitch about it even when someone just posts art or MOCs without opinions. If I had the time to sift back though a few threads, I can find plenty of examples.
Again, for someone who wants politics out of this shit, you're always bringing it in.
>>8800105
Not talking about them. They're cesspits. I'm sick of every thread here getting derailed by "waaaah trannies in Maskposting look how awful it is." We're better than this.
>>8800161
You guys freak the fuck out when you see art or work by anyone on these other forums. I hope you don't watch movies if you consider enjoying shit a total endorsement of that person. You're like leftists having a mental break when they see Trump in Home Alone 2.
>>
File: OnuHiika.jpg (967 KB, 1080x1920)
967 KB
967 KB JPG
Finally removed all traces of dark grey from Onu-Hiika except the head and an axle with stop. Pretty sure the next step will be to turn her into Ta-Hiika, but uncertain if I should add red or orange.
>>
>>8800237
Yellow, you coward.
Or are you too afraid to get your own yellow kaukau if you don't have one already
>>
>>8800221
I literally wouldn't be talking about this if the initial accusation that /biog/ hates nonwhites and nonstraights wasn't being implied and argued by some rampant sperg, you fucking idiot. One anon discussed vented about maskposting. I never mention it myself outside of today as a counterpoint to aforementioned sperg. Most anons here shit on Demi because her art is dogshit and she's a horrid person. Barely anyone shits on Peri and their animations because while hey're nonbinary or whatever, their works are actually well done. Stop acting like we're just randomly whining about trannies all the time. If they don't eek into this circle with bullshit or nobody posts a twitter screencap buy and large nobody fucking cares. Shut the fuck up already.
>>
File: maxresdefault(21).jpg (106 KB, 1280x720)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>8797506

I'd like to make a big bonkle beast for my other toys to fight. I have G1 parts, CCBS and some System. Does anyone have any ideas, guides and inspiration?
>>
>>8800246
I don't have the light blue or the yellow one. I always keep telling myself that one day I'll get them. I've been out of building stuff for 2-3 years, so I wanna rather use the stuff I wanna have for now instead of spending big bucks. I got an orange one in new condition tho.
>>
>>8800264
Do you have a favourite animal?
Otherwise, look for the early Rahi as inspiration. Muaka, Kane-Ra, Nui Jaga, Nui Rama, my fav the Tarakava or something else.
>>
>>8800237
Looks great anon! Are you gonna keep the mask? Any Kaukau recolor is cool, but it would be interesting to the see the build with different masks.
>>
>>8800237
Why are you posting Bionicles in the tranny mope thread?
>>
File: greg.png (141 KB, 1028x526)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>
>>8799151
Oh shit, this is real in depth man, but yey, I went with the metru head purely for its abundance, after all, I didn't want to bother with making a bunch of custom heads or dealing with the awkward positioning of the mata head, and you're right, this is indeed a po matoran
>>8799177
I can see why, but hey, matoran have some bigass hands
>>8799379
necessity breeds innovation
>>
>>8800323
I think I will, especially since I don't often use the Kaukau but have a couple. I saved the files for the eyes somewhere, gonna print that tomorrow or so.
Due to the low level of the head masks with a longer chin such as the Pakari won't work. You still have a wide range of masks available, even with the Mata head. I think it's only 2007+ masks that don't fit the Mata head.
>>
>>8799101
ok ok so. Is Korgot stronk gf or mtf.
I feel like it wouldn't matter to the the gigahuge Onua anyways since the bbc usually goes for the ass.
>>
>>8800401
(you)
>>
>>8799672
I'm allowed to make fun of trannies for their mental illness. Bully them until they kill themselves is my motto.
>>
>>8800436
thank you for the gold kind stranger
>>
>>8800023
I like Kongu Metru.
>>
>>8800397
I totally forgot about the eyes thing even though I designed them. Maybe you could try changing the eye color on the printouts? I can see a bit of the green through the black Kaukau, so maybe if you used a really vibrant shade of something like yellow or orange the color would actually be visible.
>>
>>8800517
Obly have a laser printer, no colour. Changing eye colour is all I usually do haha. I might try textmarker tomorrow. However if I actually go for yellow eyes on the orange Kaukau, I'm not sure that would still make a difference. I'll try some stuff and then post results.
>>
>>8798004
>that red ballgag
>>
>>8800283
Well then, go and make Po-Hiika
>>
>>8800194
I don’t think you’ve been reading some of the posts here, or in previous threads.
>>
>>8800112
Do you actually think anyone will listen to your hypocritical babble?
>>
File: 20210223_220137.png (3.39 MB, 2757x2457)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB PNG
wtf why did none of you tell me Stud.io is FUN
>>
what's the most comfy Bionicle song /biog/ and why is it Gravity Hurts?
>>
File: Torso.jpg (1.33 MB, 2160x2160)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>8798004
Tried making something like this with fairly limited parts. Used Kopaka, one of those hockey canister guys and stole the shoulders from a few Nova. Can't really make a good looking bottom so prob just gona take it apart.
>>
File: 22.jpg (2.07 MB, 1824x1824)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
>>8801051
>>
File: 3ce.jpg (47 KB, 616x405)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>8800085
>800085
>>
>>8801059
Interesting use of the inika torso. Her nips look rather cold tho
>>
File: DU-L1z4XcAIKt1u.jpg (80 KB, 1200x607)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>8800292

I want to make a big gribbly terror, preferably without hands and humanoid forelimbs. My issue is that idk how to structure it. I opened LDD, picked a few claw pieces from a potential jaw, and then I was like "crap. Now what".
>>
File: IMG_20210224_123536.jpg (3.7 MB, 3120x4160)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB JPG
We back on the shelves bros!
>>
File: IMG_20210224_124928.jpg (3.18 MB, 3806x2854)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>8801672
>>
>>8801672
bootleg bonks are really facinating, those looked pretty crap. intense HF vibes
>>
>>8801681
>By your powers combined I am deformed!
>>
>>8801685
I'm pretty sure that it's just HF build with the mask slapped on, but hell if I'm bothered to actually check
>>
>>8801694
Yes, is hero factory build, but im actually surprised by the quality, last fake bonks i had as a kid had extremely loose joints. This one is fine except maybe the left arm. Also pearl gold and pearl silver look identical to lego, very cool
>>
>>8801681
Well, it’s truer than most blurbs would be.
>>
>>8801688
Kek
>>
>>8800971
Anons would be wise to switch over since bionicle parts are getting rarer by the day and Lego has no plans to revive constraction.
>>
>>8800971
>>8801928
Does it have all the parts and pieces automatically, or do you have to search around and download different pieces and such? How easy is it to use, and how good of a PC do you have to have to run it? What can it not do, and what does it not have?
>>
Heres your anniversary set bro. Sucks to be a Technicfag
>>
>>8801937
lots of Bionicle parts have to be installed separate, he is also probably using a custom color pack If you have mid-range pc, you should be fine. If you have low range pc, I think you can do something as simple as a toa with it at least without it crapping over and probably more, especially if you adjust the quality of what's in the viewport. But producing high quality renders like that will take an hour or hours.
>>
File: gali_moc.jpg (86 KB, 636x1024)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>8801928
What are you talking about? There's still more than enough parts at your disposal.
>>
>>8802080
why does this look like such shit?
>>
>8802080
please do not take the bait
>>
>8802080
bros... we all know whats going on here... don't play this game yet again.
>>
File: 20210224_190719.jpg (668 KB, 1361x1021)
668 KB
668 KB JPG
>>8800517
tried green eyes with the black Kaukau and pink eyes with the orange one. They constantly come loose tho, did you fixate the eyes somehow?
>>8800629
kinda decided on Ta now, just need to find the right parts
>>8801670
Look at the Kikanalo then, maybe the Bahrag Queens too, should give you an overview on how to build a torso. If you have some parts anyways, might as well try stuff out with those instead of building digitally.
>>
>>8802115
check your eyesight
>>8802152
>>8802182
hello reddo
>>
>>8797506
Whatever happened to the TTV contest? Which character is up next?
>>
>>8802336
The Toa Hagah methinks? No idea when will the next one be though.
>>
>>8802080
You know? Now that I look at it, a lot of the parts are broken anyways. If you kitbashed with broken parts on purpose, than this is alright ig
>>
>>8799617
I actually got one of the first heroes in a random bulk lot not that long ago and, well, wow. Granted, it was Stringer who has the misfortune of missing one arm entirely, but still. He's pretty rough. Some of the first year bigger sets look good, and you can't tell me at least some aren't just modified Bionicle sets they pushed to HF after the plug was pulled
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (43 KB, 702x727)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Why did everyone as a kid think that Pohatu was the lamest of the original six Toa Mata?
>>
>>8802668
I remember disliking Lewa the most due to the stupid floppy arm
>>
>>8802687
Yeah that was kind of annoying. I liked his mask the most though
>>
>>8802668
he poopoo color
>>
>>8802219
I used a small piece of clear tape to hold it in place. They should fit pretty well but you might need to put tape on both ends if it's still coming loose. It's nice to see the eyes in different colors, especially on the black mask with more contrast. They both look cool though.
>>
>>8802668
Weird, I never had anyone I know call any of them the lame one. Imo Pohatu was one of the best designs, both Mata and Nuva. If I was forced to call one of them the worst I'd go with Lewa, but literally only because of the hyper loose arm they decided to give him.
>>
>>8802668
I think I got him multiple times from different relatives for christmas, not sure why. I never really liked him as a kid just because I would guaranteed immediately lose the kohli ball and I never really enjoyed his kick function, but I appreciate him for his uniqueness now that I'm older.
>>
File: kaukaueyes.png (78 KB, 2540x3308)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>8802702
I kinda figured it was something like that. I agree it looks better on the black one, would try it on a white one but don't have one. On the orange one it's hard to get any colour but orange for the eyes. I think I'll go for the eyes I used there already (bottom row) and just tape them in place then.
Just not sure when I'll finish her. I didn't have the parts I thought I had, at least not on hand. Before I actually buy anything, I'll keep sorting the several kilos of Lego I have.
>>
>>8802668
I dunno man, he was my first bonk for a reason
>>
>>8802668
Why are his legs upside down
>>
>>8802668
hard to stand, mascot character, seemingly redundant element
>>
>>8797506
explain sneed to me

i get the simpsons reference but not how it got attached to bonkle
>>
>>8802115
metru skull in kaukau, broken shoulder socket, crummy paint texture and color separation that doesn't follow the pieces as well as bad focus
>>
>>8802922
someone buitl the famer guy out of bionicle pieces
that's all
>>
>>8802668
I didn't, he was (and still is) my favorite after Onua.
>>
>>8802957
ah ok that was simpler than i expected. thanks anon
>>
>>8802922
some humorless retards kept spamming a nasty, confrontational """Progressive woke""" ex-fan's art of Tahu in the Lego General to piss off and rile up as many people as possible during the Ideas vote because they were too stupid to come up with their own idea and decided to just steal /tv/'s thing. It worked well enough that the same retards think that's some kind of 'le based epiq win' and keep doing shit like begging someone to build a Toa Sneed out of Bionicle pieces.

The irony is that someone made it using Hero Factory parts and these idiots are too dumb to realise it's an insult.
>>
>>8803151
It's part of a HF flickr collab. I really doubt Double thought it further than "funny, I'll make Sneed".
>>
>>8803151
never mind, it got complicated again. i was wondering where the chad angle came from

what was the ex-fan art of tahu?
>>
>>8801928
give it some time. 3D Print will eventually get to the point where it will become almost indistinguishable from the official parts.

and at that point, Lego better prepare the lawyers to keep out-of-print parts from re-emerging.
>>
>lots of good helryx mocs
>none use the dark blue ruru from the karzhani set
maybe it's the shade of blue, but this seems like it's obviously the closest to the cannon mask
>>
>>8803259
It genuinely fucking bugs me that the 'canon' Helryx doesn't use the metallic blue on a bunch of technic parts, including mata feet and roborider heads. You could easily have changed out most of the mata blue for it, and replace the barraki shells and mata faces with some Knights Kingdom pieces in metallic blue instead. How disappointing.
>>
>>8803163
Double's description of the Sneed hero mentions the former protector of his sector going missing under mysterious circumstances. I've got a hunch it has something to do with a villainous City Slicker.
>>8803171
Search the Archives for "Toa Sneed" or "Biosneedo"
>>8803259
>>8803496
What's stopping either of you from making it yourself?
>>
>>8799311
Large flat 3 tray sterilite drawers sorted by COLOR!
>>
>>8803151
seethe
>>
File: 20210225_135140.jpg (974 KB, 1621x1376)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
>>8798408
>>
POV: you died and went to Heaven
>>
>>8804398
But I owned like almost all of those sets in this life too.
>>
>>8801999
jokes on you, I love it
>>
>>8802668
>hunchback
>no weapon
>harder to pose
>no heroic silhouette
>>
>>8804398
Damn right I did, but not because of 04 Bionicle. I'm in heaven because of dem Knight's Kingdom sets.
>>
>>8804448

Imagine if Lego released KK constraction as a middle ground for Classic Space and Bionicle.
>>
>>8804381
Pretty cool.
>>8804398
Nah, would have to be 2001 for me. I'd buy all of the Toa and Turaga again, and finally get all the rahi.
>>
>>8804476
>and finally get all the rahi.
>tfw last year I finally got Tarakava, and completed the set
Now I just have to build the three I got way back when, and dig the Manas out of storage.
>>
>>8804381
>nerdy inventor guy
>buff as fuck
Nah, not really feeling it. Cool build regardless.
>>
>>8804477
Think I only had the Nui-Rama and Nui-Jaga. Former being partially complete somewhere and the latter in pieces in an attic, unfortunately.
>>
>>8804484
To be fair, my Muaka and Kane-Ra were from a parts lot I got in like 2007-2008 or so and they were missing couple of small bits and bops, but they still have the important stuff, including the masks
>>
>>8802668
I lost his rock after kicking it once. Inside the house. I still have no idea where it is and we moved every furniture and changed the carpet in that room since...

still think the orginal gen1 bionicle was cool, but Pohatu's position comes down on 2 factor:

Coolness of masks:
-Tahu (red, iconic)
-Gali (partially transparent mask made her very unique, loved the visor)
-Lewa (sharp but smooth, reminded me of a knight helmet)
-Kopaka (His multi-eyed, unsymmetrical mask made him look like the smart guy of the group)
-Onewa (Black is always classy, and he has a mysterious air to it)
-Pohato (looks like a gasmask with those filters on the cheeks, which is cool)

Combine that his mask is the last on my list, with the fact that he is the Toa of STONE. Onewa is the toa of Earth. Stone and Eart, I don't have as different images in my head about these two as I have about Ice and Water for Kopaka and Gali. So Onewa competes with Pohatu in popularity, and Onewa's digging claws are just that much better than Pohatu's ability to "kick hard with one leg".

I think Pohatu was did in, with the color too, can't say many heroes that are poo-brown. It did give the toa lineup its unique color combination, if they just would've made him Yellow and the toa of electricity, then we would have just Robot Power Rangers.
>>
>>8804487
Really want Muaka and Kane-Ra one day.
>>
>>8804488

It's not Onewa, mate.
>>
If bionicle wins, I hope they remake the original 6 like this (not mine, found on flickr). That's all I want.
The original 6 had the best weapons and the best masks
>>
>>8804495
Remember to have reasonable expectations. If you overhype yourself, you'll end up disappointed no matter what.
>>
>>8804450
wouldn't mind that at all
>>8804478
b-but heavy machinery? I guess you're right tho. Old dark grey is the only colour this piece comes in iirc and it fit the legs so I went for it.
>>8804476
ty
>>
>>8804494
What? Wait...
>oh yeah, it's Onua
aw crap, its really been years, hasn't been talking about Bionicle since my little brother was obsessed with his Toa Mahri sets.
>>
>>8804497
I think its a reasonable expectation for them not to overprice it this time and make each toa cost $20 instead of the original $10 they suppose to be.
>>
>>8804495
Nice revamp build, aside from a bit of heresy with the 2-length bars. Unless they're cut tubes, I guess.
>>
>>8804524
It was still cheaper to buy year's worth of G2 Bionicle sets than, say, Simpsons house
>>
>>8804495
>>8804497
>>8804524
>everything has to be EXACTLY as I remember it, otherwise it SUCKS
>>
>>8804549
Ridiculous to think they would go overboard with redesigns for something that's a one off.

Which is probably not happening in the first place, But if anything's gonna come out it'll be 01 and 03 at best no matter how much you may hate the idea of it being just mata pandering
>>
>>8804398
Bionicle was my childhood, and I was so happy back then. Now I'm always miserable, take me back please
>>
File: Etd_zyVXIAYxLKT.jpg (38 KB, 622x454)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>8804398
>2004
I'm not complaining but there better be some leftover 2003 sets/mask packs
>>
>>8804549
Lego made the stupid decision to try to battle competition by trying to become more prestigious and bump up the piece number per set, thus causing everything to cost a lot more.

This attitude only leads to more parents to be pushed towards buying cheaper knock-off grands. It's not about the memories of and how "thing used to be", I'm objectively stating, that making individual sets too complex and cost more is not the best business move.

Example police car:
60239 (Police Patrol Car 2019) - 10 dollars
vs
7236 (Police Car 2005) - 5 dollars

You might say thats just a 5 dollar difference, but for many that a very big psychological limit.
"5 dollar? Oh that's like buying 2 bags of chips, alright you can have it, put it in the cart"
"10 dollars? You will get it for your birthday, put it back"
>>
>>8804634
This wouldn't be such a bad issue by itself but it also meant the enemies became lamee mooks that neede to be armybuilt to look like a threat at all. Not even mentioning the lame ass spiders and their lord I would had much rather had 30$ spider and cheaper toa maybe one or two 15$ rahilikes for 2015
>>
>>8799508
imo it was very decent. the TV show isnt bad at all, the first season id go so far as saying its quite good for what it is. the simple story premise worked really well i think, what didnt work is when they hinted at an overarching story several times but never actually went anywhere with it. stuff like: von nebula playing a part in the breakout, the pllans for the villain factory, whoever sent the brain attack parasites?
>>
>>8798060
>>8798152
>>8800206
Why are there so many retards in this thread?
>>
I also had nostalgia for Gen 1, but Gen 2 had soul. We didn't support it and we didn't deserve it, and that's why it'll be at least a decade before LEGO takes another risk on more BONKLE.
>>
bonk sucks yo
>>
>>8804634
i agree with this, i think this is also what HF did better than G2. you could get the main heroes for 10-13 bucks instead of 15-20
>>
>>8804495
If Bioncle wins, it will be a system set because that's what the poll is about
>>
>>8804573
You faggots are too young to be miserable all the time. Get your life together
>>
>>8804741
are you still mad about getting told to shut up?
>>
>>8804756
definitely curious what they would come up with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOsYRh0VBck
>>
>>8804774
These are neat and all but the printing just being images of the original limbs/torso looks pretty bad. If you want it to work you have to adapt the details to the proportions of the minifigure and simplify things a bit.
>>
>>8804774
Why is it always the standard minifigures. Hero Factory proved it's entirely possible to make good robot minifigures, the flat torsos just don't work. It has the same feeling to it as forcing human proportions in bonk art.
>>
>>8804777
agreed

>>8804786
I didn't say I want these exact things, this is just a concept someone made, that I found neat, I really like the perfect minifig scale masks
>>
>>8804792
that's what they are, just downscaled models. It's actually way quicker to do than you might think with just stud.io part deisgner alone. I doubt those are even connected to the head.
>>
>>8798060
Get aids
>>
>>8804786
Personally I always hated the HF minifigs and wished they were normal lego minifigs
>>
>>8804912
The only thing bad about them is the wrists don't move. With the friendsfigs already a massive success despite their shit articulation, I don't see how many people would see this like you do.
>>
>>8803914
>What's stopping either of you from making it yourself?
the fact that the MoCs are otherwise on point so I feel like I'd just be changing one piece
>>
File: Helryxtacy.jpg (94 KB, 734x1000)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>8803496
I hear you. I really wanted to see metal blue on a Bionicle character, and Helryx was the perfect candidate. Maybe that will go to Tuyet? Or a Hagah?
Mind you, I like the idea of the first Toa of Water using a Mata color. And I like that she looks a bit like a Slizer/Roborider set.
But the winning Helryx is so, so boring. It's just a womanlet hunchback. And don't get me started on the mask.
Really a lot more could've been done with her. She should look weird, experimental even. Something like this.
>>
>>8805028
The only reason why the winning one won, is because people were protest-choosing it because they didn't want noodle to win
>>
>>8804747
Gen 2 had one good thing: the marriage of full articulation with technic functions

Other than that, it had nothing that I seek or personally valued from the OG bionicle run. No interesting lore or evocative worldbuilding, sterilized and utterly bland art style, generic and simplified characterization, no "edge" or artistic flair at all, really.

There's just no reason to settle for some boring replacement when we've already tasted and savored the truly gourmet stuff
>>
>>8805028
>She should look weird, experimental even. Something like this.
Winning Helryx looks a lot more weird and experimental than what you posted. That just looks so standard humanoid, even if it is a fancy-looking build.
>>
>>8805028
A large part of it was people wanted something that would be easy to have parts for and as far as most fans are concerned they probably have no idea where those metallic parts came from even if it isn't super expensive set even by today (around25usd aftermarket) the super battle droid and star wars technic sets in general seem to people like they exist in similar blackhole like Galidor when that's not the case.
>>
>>8805028
I like the hunchback womanlet Helryx. It's not necessarily a better model, but it matches the series's style more. Helryx was supposed to be the first toa, she should look like the toa mata, only slightly less streamlined and perhaps more clunky in statute, not to mention she's old. If the contest were like a diorama where you could build Helryx alongside a revamped Tahu for reference then maybe I'd change my mind.
>>
>>8804398
Would be better if it was 2001 or at least 2002
>>
>>8802668
Fuck you pohato is by far the best og toa. The guy has fucking Shoes of Death
>>
File: bionicle.gif (1.96 MB, 428x480)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>>8804398
>>
>>8804500
God I love Knights Kingdom armor pieces
>>
>>8805543
fukken saved
>>
>>8804747

It was the beginning of the suck.

>Silver everywhere (aka grey)
>Recycled Bohrok (gray recolors)

Toa lost a bit of personality, the masks had nothing to do with the previous ones. Toa Nuva look like perfect Toa Metru imo.
>>
>>8802668

Nigga it's one of the favourites.

>Most unique build
>Most detail (parts)
>Simmetrical
>Funny action
>Rock accessory
>Two tones of brown

All of gen 1 are cool as fuck. Lewa had a floppy arm though.
>>
>>8805647
He meant "Gen 2" as in 2015's reboot.
>>
File: vezok_fising.jpg (88 KB, 1024x724)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>8804786
The Bionicle minifigs were also great.
>>
>>8805756

Ah, no, not at all. Gen 2 didnt have soul, it was shiny surface cheap plastic shit. Worse than HeroFactory even, because of all the shit plastic that didnt look like actual gold
>>
>>8805761
I liked the Piraka, the faces for Inika were awful tho, par for the course with in Inika in general I guess.
Altho the 07 ones looked pretty bad too for the heads.
>>
>>8805763
it was the same gold used in G1 Bionicle and Hero Factory
>>
>>8805786
Yeah, Piraka look great even outside Bionicle realm as a fantasy race of robot orcs. But I wish all years had their minifigs or at least that hordika had articulated minifigs. Also, titan minifigs would be rad.
>>
>>8805789
And it looked like shit.
It was fine with Brutaka cause it was fresh and what not, I might still prefer him with old gold instead.

08 Takanuva was probably supposed to use it but would had looked fucking awful with it. Mata Nui titan looks ugly, Rocka looks ugly and on and on.
>>
>>8805763
>cheap plastic shit
I have some shocking news for you as to what all bionicle is made of
>>
>>8805878
go back to your containment general
>>
>>8805878
kek
>>
>>8805761
They were great for making additional robot minifigs.
>>
>>8805910
is that the most original response you could come up with
>>
>>8805878

But they didnt have flat surfaces.

Gen 2 failed as a Bionicle and as an action figure. Too many flat surfaces that looked like shit but too many gaps to show it was buildable trash and not a proper action figure.
>>
>>8806082
you're not worth more effort
>>
>>8805756
You sure? Filename says "gen 2" with a picture of gen 1 gali nuva.
>>
>>8804750
provably false
>>
>>8806183
sure, anon
>>
>need pearl dark gray kanohi for my matoran
>2001 masks are off color
>avohkii is too expensive and too large
>vezon ignika doesnt fit
>sanok doesnt fit
>dont want to paint anything
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>8806334
show matoran

>>8806326
he's right in a way. G2 with the base skeletons and the shells with hardly any connection points looked like a cheap know off. The shells' emptiness and how loose they fit one the bones didn't help either. They improved the style in 2016, but by then they had cancelled it already, since 2015 did so poorly. It just was a big fuckup on Lego's part.
>>
File: IMG_20210226_014826_938.jpg (114 KB, 1080x1350)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
KOPAKA
>>
>>8806354
There's plenty of criticisms to be made of G2, but I don't think the plastic looks cheap at all. The shells make the figures very sleek and smooth, which is well-suited to Hero Factory but doesn't work as well with Bionicle. But like you said, the style was improved in 2016. G2 isn't perfect but I can't help but make fun of manchildren who shit on anything that isn't from 2001.
>>
File: 47327.png (76 KB, 297x223)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>8806334
Only thing I can think of is the G2 skull mask, but you'd need a G2 head and I don't know if the look would work for a matoran. Maybe just pick a secondary color and use something in that?
>>
>>8806370
My favourite arc is everything Metru, followed by Mahri and then Mata Nui, so I'm not one of those.
The point of why I think it feels cheap in 2015 is that the models with these big shells on them felt hollow. The shells always slightly moving around on the balljoint connections diverts so much from everything clicking locking tightly in place like I am used from lego, in my eyes anyways. It might be that it was the same with hf, but I have no experience with that. 2015 was really my first time getting ccbs, and it didn't leave a good impression.
>>
>>8806386
didn't mean to attach that one
>>
File: 1614305266525.jpg (2.11 MB, 3216x2084)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
Right one's thighs are kind of thick but it's cute so I'll leave it. They're both really posable.
>>8806354
Noticed that the other one had a similar issue because there are no bluish light grey Kanohi. The dark one will have dark blue eyes but they haven't arrived yet.
>>8806386
I could use black and gold, but I'd prefer PDG and BLG because they're supposed to be the primary colors and I feel like each one doesn't quite have enough of those yet. I prefer to keep the Mata heads, so I guess I'll need to get into painting.
>>
>>8806334
Pahrak Kal krana are pearl dark gray, anon.
>>
>>8806402
Yeah sounds like painting is inevitable if you really wanna go for it. Shame, because both colours could have used some masks in production really.
>>
>>8806367
Really good art anon. armor choice is bit odd but if this is yours, really great quality.
>>
>>8806334
Heh, I have same problem. The spiky manlet I built has the Strakk helmet but its chosen color is black / lime.
And I don't really want to use another mask, helmet because Strakk's is perfect for my moc, guess I'll just have to spray paint it.
>>
>>8806402
I'd just give him a black mask honestly. Wouldn't balance out the colors as well but you at least have a lot of options
>>
File: Jobbers.jpg (496 KB, 2400x1350)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
Holy fuck why do these characters get battered in the story? I used to think they were cool as a kid but they're a bunch of punching bags for the new villains every time.
>>
>>8806367
Now that is noice.
>>
>>8806587
no matter how good or bad the canon story is, it'll never be as good to you as the adventures you had playing with them as a kid.
>>
>>8806587
Because they're established as powerful, so if a villain beat them up, that shows how tough the new villains are, and that we'll need new heroes to surpass them. It's a very common trope, especially with toys. If we're talking comics, Thor or Hulk, or Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter are often the punching bags to show how tough any given new villain is. It's just how it is. I call it lazy storytelling, and/or plot induced stupidity, but it's still a way to tell a story.

And besides, the Toa Nuva lost to the Piraka via plot device, they weren't actually weaker than the Toa Inika. At least up to that point, I'm pretty sure the Nuva were still the most powerful Toa. I remember someone at the time saying that if Toa in general are 9/10 in some arbitrary power scale, the Nuva are 10/10. Maybe it made sense.
>>
>>8804478
Holy shit shut the fuck up
>>
>>8806723
>>8806713
yeah but they're jobbers.....
>>
>>8806782
They're jobbers when the story calls for them to be so. If we want to use wrestling terms, think of them as a strong champion, and an up and comer heel beats them and takes the championship from them. That heel got a rub from them. Now imagine a new face comes up and eventually beats that heel for the championship, that face likewise gets a rub. Just how these things go, and it doesn't mean that original champion can't eventually come back and win it all.
>>
>>8806806
yikes
>>
>>8804478
You're an idiot.
>>
File: images (13).jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>8804750
>using Galidor parts on the bike, but not having Nick Bluetooth as the pilot
>>
File: page_1_thumb_large.jpg (27 KB, 320x448)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>
>>8797528
Because it's Bioconent is best thing we got.
>>
>>8804741
Including you ? Dunno
>>
>>8807021
>>
>>8804741
First day huh?
>>
shiet you homos are making me wanna get back into bioncle

where/how should i start?
should i dig out my old ones from when i was a kid or just buy some bulk pieces
lowkey feel like my kid ones are sacred and i shouldnt touch em idk....kind of wanna buy some bulk and just fidget with and fuck around and build some but idk !

where do buy bulk bionkkkle (((cheap)))
>>
>>8797858
happened to me
>>
>>8804756
Bionicle won but Lego will predictably refuse to make a set for it.
>>
>>8798060
REALLY
>>
is it me, or did Bionicle die at about the right time? in the later part of the 2010's everything went to shit becoming lame reboots infested with sjw propaganda. Yeah Bionicle got a "lame reboot" but there wasn't really any room to get super woke or anything. I guess that's the reason I feel lucky to not get attached to a lot of other properties other than Bionicle... I don't imagine it would get any worse if lego does the unthinkable and give bionicle an anniversary set, but still.
>>
>>8807065
Try looking on Ebay. There should be some listings. Or you could just do what I do and go to conventions and buy them from vendors.
>>
File: 1572108403134.png (64 KB, 160x187)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>8807098
near impossible for bionicle to get pozzied unless one the autists from the community gets involved with lego
which will never happen, for better or worse
>>
>>8807127
Yeah. It would be a struggle to do that. The only thing I can consider remotely woke by the bare minimum is that in the reboot they no longer restricted girls to just the water element. And the reason why I like to bring this up is because the one non-water character they chose to be female has a gun shoved between her tits.
>>
File: moc.jpg (1.66 MB, 3264x1836)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>8807101
hm maybe
i just dung around my closet rn tho and made this lil nigga instead of doing my homework at 2am
god i feel autistic
>>
>>8807139
I honestly like the idea. The water "Matoran" in G2 was male as well. I dislike these gender restrictions and think they're stupid, so I started disregarding the whole thing for my mocs.
>>
>>8806422
>>8806609
It is, is g2 design, but tonned down the super hero wideness a bit to get closer to g1 more robotic look , and the armor tried to go for a robot dark souls aesthetic
>>
File: IMG_20210220_222855.jpg (3.77 MB, 4160x3120)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB JPG
>>8807165
Autism is the real freedom anon, embrace your autism
>>
>>8798060
>>8807375
I saw the photo and drawing of this matoran in the last thread, but after seeing that surprisingly well-put-together visual novel mockup, I honestly want to know what the fuck is going on here.
The background I recognized as being by a poster in these threads, but apparently he didn't put together the composite or recognize the matoran, both of which have some color correction to make the scene look underwater.
So, I'm left wondering: what the fuck is this and why is the quality so high? Even the design of the GUI screams understanding of Bionicle aesthetic.
Who the fuck has gone to such lengths just to be based?
>>
>>8807065
buy a pound of it online for 35 bucks and realize you want more, then buy a lot of 3 lbs for 85~ bucks because the price per pound is a good deal, then decide you want more and go for a larger lot after searching and now that you've got several pounds realize you still need more to make that moc you were looking for so scrounge ebay for the plastic crack until you find a golden listing of something like 17/lb for 10 lbs and realize you just spent 170 bucks on bonk and also over 300 total and you have about 15 pounds of bonk
>>
>>8807065
if you're stateside and hopefully near the tristate area I'd be willing to ship however many pounds of bonks you need. Selling off the loose pieces to make room for more sealed sets.
>>
>>8807402
Don't forget the creative use of the hockey helmets as shoulder armor.
Also, autism is a spectrum.
>>
>>8807375
Nice
>>8807439
Shit hahah
>>8807466
How much per pound?
>>
>>8807338
It was a good idea, don't tarnish the lore of bionicle G2 was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>8807065
If you're looking for specific sets, Bricklink and the sorts will fo, maybe even Ebay. If you wanna start building yourself, buy an assortment of nice useful technic parts on Brickling and build yourself a nice little Matoran.
>>
>>8807496
True. Aside from the merge of gear function and balljoints and a few nice parts, the lifting of gender restrictions was the only good thing that came of it.
>>
>>8804381
Great! I love you so much for sharing this. The only one left is my boy Kongu.
>>
>>8807502
Nope. Gender restrictions is very tribal and true to Bionicles mystical islander theme. Don't change the history of this ongoing franchise.
>>
Peak Toa builds right here
>>
>>8807469
Sorry anon, I've already done an in-depth review of a Matoran in this thread. Though, if you reply or provide some information on the art/mockup, I'd be happy to oblige you.
>>
>>8807098
>>8807139
anon, constantly worrying about what "the sjws" are going to think about any given subject isn't healthy
>>
File: IMG_2035.jpg (686 KB, 3000x4000)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
Father and son.
>>
>>8806723
the ignika were way stronger with their organic masks that take little toa power to use and dual lightning with their included base element powers
>>
File: IMG_20254.jpg (1.11 MB, 3000x4000)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
Lilwa is afraid of Uxar.
>>
File: IMG_20217.jpg (796 KB, 3000x4000)
796 KB
796 KB JPG
>>
>>8807545
I did the matoran, the drawing and stole the background to do the mockup for laughs, no conspiracies anon
>>
>>8807497
how do i see the shipping costs on bricklink before i place an order?
>>
>>8807641
Sellers usually have them on the store description i think
>>
>>8807624
CUTE
>>
>>8807523
The fuck do I care about tribal islanders when in Metru Nui?
>>
>>8807521
Well, I did have a Kongu a while ago, just not Mata :D
>>
File: index.jpg (654 KB, 1600x1200)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
>>
>>8807523
dogshit take, making all the blue characters female was just an excuse for having a 5:1 ratio of male to female characters for a theme predominantly marketed to boys, and nothing else. later years didn't even adhere to it (with characters like vezok and gorast) because the writers realized how dumb it was but it was too late to change the lore. ultimately it only serves to restrict creativity and "it fits the tribal islander theme" is a laughably stupid asspull
>>
File: 0987654.png (1.43 MB, 1404x901)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>
>>8807756
>making all the blue characters female was just an excuse for having a 5:1 ratio of male to female characters for a theme predominantly marketed to boys, and nothing else
I’m gonna re-iterate here that the enforced gender ratio for matoran is the only reason we got female protagonists at all. Originally all the Toa were dudes until they made Hook/Gali a chick. So rather than restricting the amount of female characters that could be in the story, gender locked tribes actually ensured that they even existed at all.
All the faggots saying “bonkle needs more female representation” are retarded, if Lego did that it would tank the line.
Boys generally do not identify with feminine characters, female action figures are short packed because they don’t sell very well. It might sound sexist, but that is the reality.
>>
>>8807792
>Boys generally do not identify with feminine characters, female action figures are short packed because they don’t sell very well. It might sound sexist, but that is the reality.
That is bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>8807792
I think it's good that they made one of the Toa female, but permanently gender-locking all Matoran and Toa was a bad idea in the long run. You could easily have one female per Toa group without needing an in-story justification for always having 5 males and 1 female. The gender locked tribes were a compromise, sure, but I think most people don't like the restriction.
>>
>>8798060
>>
>>8807616
>>8807624
>>8807628
>>8807757

Where are you getting these tiny friends?
>>
>>8807059
Of you invert the colors on that image, you’ll find that they just took a picture with a greyscale filter applied over it, and then they later inverted the colors to make it seem diffetent.
>>
>>8807757
They gettin’ a good look at that Gali booty!
>>
>>8807757
ara ara?
>>
>>8807824
This. It's really about not locking it to the elements rather than the ratio.
But all we do now is build mocs instead of buying bew sets, because there aren't any. In my mocs I throw gender locking and ratio out the window nowadays.
>>
>>8806367
Drawing Bionicle is really difficult. Great job.
>>
File: mocsam.png (1.45 MB, 1326x1018)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
got up early to do school
got distracted
spent like 2 hrs on this boy
>>
>>8807822
>>Boys generally do not identify with feminine characters, female action figures are short packed because they don’t sell very well. It might sound sexist, but that is the reality.
>That is bullshit and you know it.
Just because a character makes your peepee feel funny, doesn’t mean you identify with them. It’s actually the exact opposite of identifying (objectifying). When children play with action figures, they are an extension of the self. For straight men females are by definition the other, an object to possess but not to embody. No amount of ideological brainwashing will change this fact, hence why Disney has piles and piles of unsold Star Wars sequel trilogy toys.
>>
>>8807960
I'm sorry but your incel schizo ramblings are just not true.
>>
>>8807756
Based as NaOH. Yes gender restrictions are tribal, but forcing the females into one tribe with a 6:1 gender ratio.
If "realism" was the excuse, then there'd be more female characters than male - natural gender imbalance skews female because it's reproductively beneficial.
>inb4 the global gender ratio skews male!
What is the Chinese one child policy's impact on sex-selective abortions?
>>
>>8807966
>LALALALALA IT'S JUST NOT TRUE! IT JUST ISN'T!
>>
>>8807891
Ara ara~...
>>
>>8807592
I know it isn't and I hate it. I feel too paranoid about enjoying shit anymore. Sometimes I get worked up over something when it's really nothing. I feel I like I need some kind of consensus on whether or not I should enjoy something now. I wish I could forget all about it but then I would feel like I'm a coward for not indulging in this anger.
>>
>>8808371
Literally what?
>>
>>8808503
He is admitting that sjws live in his head rentfree.
>>
>>8808503
He is admitting that he is an incel.
>>
>>8797506
Bump
>>
>>8808371
learn to compartmentalize anon. I have pretty extreme political views, but I've managed to live my life normally without thinking about them at all times. part of growing up is being able to do that. you can still take time to vent and think about the stuff that bothers you, preferably with friends who feel the same way, but if your anger is impacting your quality of life, it's time to step back for a while.
>>
File: IMG_208.jpg (750 KB, 3000x1150)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
>>8807881

The supermarket.
>>
>>8808677
WELP
never gonna find those around here
cool tho!
>>
>>8808087
Just because someone doesn't dignify your shitty, pseud "I use Freud words so I'm a big boy" post with a well-sourced dissertation on why you're wrong doesn't mean they're desperately ignoring an infallible argument.
It's just that you're so wrong, it's not even worth going into. Same reason I don't jump on feminists or communists when they start screeching about "muh powur dinamics," or flerfs demanding "wur's duh curv?!?" No point in putting pearls before swine. You won't break a retard's ideological conditioning.
Though if you're looking for a hugbox for your kind, feel free to head back to r9k.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.