[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 103 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: greyskull.jpg (341 KB, 640x700)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
PREVIOUSLY ON /motu/ GENERAL: >>8760860

>/motu/ General pastebin featuring all your /motu/ news needs! Stay up to date!
https://pastebin.com/861y0g94

>Archived Threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/%2Fmotu%2F-Masters%20of%20the%20universe%20general/

Origins Toy Commercials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fHmubBPJnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBDYMRueM4k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFfvQ2Rm9CY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7BYxwP_Jh0

Thread Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVW0ZyDNf94

Castle Greyskull now on sale in Canada at Walmart stores and Walmart.ca every so often.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/masters-of-the-universe-origins-castle-grayskull-playset-multi/6000202422203

Wave 4 now on sale from EB Games in Canada.
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/879606/masters-of-the-universe-origins-5-5inch-one-variation-chosen-at-random

Wave 5 and 6 currently on preorder at BBTS:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145782
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145967

Origins is no longer Walmart exclusive finally.
>>
>>8781606
why on earth would they make his armor pink?

his hair is orange, so maybe the rest is just a prototype color?
>>
Reminder, do NOT respond to Classics hipsters. Do not encourage them. Origins is the line with soul
>>
>>8783234
His armor is pink in the Construx Battle Bones set, so there is a precedent for it from Mattel. I HIGHLY doubt this is the only version we'll see, this line basically has to rely on redecos to be viable.
>>
File: donkey kong very hard.jpg (18 KB, 296x523)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>8783239

I like both.
>>
>>8783239
I love Origins and don't own any Classics but I can appreciate that they have mostly "original" designs, or at least not directly based on any one thing
>>
>>8783239
You can like more than one thing.
>>
>>8783239
I'm a masterversechad
>>
>>8783234
That’s his original cross sell box art colours. Also one of his most sought after versions is the Leo Faker made by the poo on the loos. That’s the one with the bandit eye mask and he also has a havok staff in the same colour. So far he’s orange on the Sky Sled box art but pink on the Ram Man art.
>>
So Origins is no longer exclusive, but what about WWE? I kinda want a Mr T but fuck paying scalper prices.
>>
>>8783239
Absolutely correct. Classics is like an old womans pussy. Dry and not exciting at all...
>>
>>8783431
Seems like it'll remain a Walmart exclusive.
>>
>>8783431
Masters of the WWE is solely a wal-mart line. It will not be released to other retailers like Origins.

at this point it's not scalper prices, it's a latecomer's fee. Series 4 is out of stores already. It MIGHT get restocked, but I wouldn't bank on it. You can get him for around $30. I would get him now. If you sit on it too long, you'll end up paying a lot more At least he's not being scalped for $50, like Wave 5 currently is.
>>
>>8783239
Origins line looks cheap in comparison. Might as well just buy the original vintage toys. The 2002 line has more soul.
>>
>>8783980
Origins is simpler than Classics, but the joint design is way better and slicker. No ugly pins, besides the female knees no weird joint cuts, and the range is pretty good too.
>>
File: 1613204881840.jpg (132 KB, 1228x1199)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Just sitting here wondering if Scott Toyguru is to Motul as Mark Rosewater is to Magic the Gathering.
>>
>>8783980
The problem with the 2002 line is that it’s dead
>>
>>8783431
>>8783644
Remember when this line first came out and nobody bought them? Good times.
>>
So for someone who wants to get into the Origins line, am I too late to the party and will have to pay rape prices for certain figures?? I really like the colors and fun simplicity of the toys but don't want to pay much above the $15 price point. Man At Arms, Trap Jaw, Scareglow and Roboto look really rad. The Landshark looks great too.
>>
>>8784562
Need to buy them as soon as they come in stores or all at once online. BBTS has them for $1 above sticker price but at least you're guaranteed to get exactly what you want. Or you can wait for Amazon to restock.
>>
>>8783160
This is the first line I've gotten into with some real fervor in a long fucking time. I loved He-Man as a kid but only got hand-me-downs with broken peices or missing accessories. I missed out on nearly the entire MOTU Classics line (Only have He-Man and Battlecat) and I ain't making the same mistake. My *one* gripe is that I wish they kept the accesories and headsculpts faithful to the originals. Each figure should come with an extra head thats based on the original line.

Also, Fuck the Super7 vintage lines. Shits brittle as fuck and costs more than this but with less features.
>>
>>8784562
I lucked out and found a few at Target and Walmart. So far I've only seen He-Man, Battlecat, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Zodac and Prince Adam with the Sky Sled in the wild. I ordered Teela from walmart.com, and I have the rest of the main waves on order with bbts.

Waiting for my Man-At-Arms, Beastman, and Evil Lyn to ship. I'm not going to collect every last origins figure, I just want the main/most iconic cast members. The Netflix series is supposed to get its own He-Man figures, and Mattel nearly all but confirmed a return to MOTU classics style.
>>
>>8784592
Last I heard Classics is dead and Masterverse is its own thing.
>>
>>8784562
No you should be fine, these are supposed to be mass produced and easy to find at retail. Although right now it can be an absolute pain to find anything past wave 1. Just have to wait until Mattel gets their distribution fixed.
>>
>>8784562
Trap Jaw and Scareglow maybe tricky to get but if you're persistent you can find Roboto at Target. Man At Arms is usually in stock at walmart.com and maybe amazon.
>>
>>8784802
Why does TJ seem so tricky to get for most? Him and She-Ra were the ones that pegwarmed for a few days at my WM lol
>>
>>8784802
Not him but if anyone sees man-at-arms go up, please post it in the motug
>>
>>8784209
I don't know who Mark Rosewater is; and I don't know much about Magic the Gathering, either.
>>
>>8784612
"Classics style" =/= Classics. Personally, I'm glad to see Classics go, as the lore was absolute dogshit, especially post-Neitlich ("Don't worry, we're not going to retcon Scott's work" -proceed to retcon as much as they can and then take a shit on the rest while mocking sections of the fandom they don't like). Looking forward to the new shows, and the inevitable changes in canon - hoping for the best.
>>
>>8785329
>while mocking sections of the fandom they don't like
Got any examples? I never followed the Classics packaging lore.
>>
>>8784209
Didn't Rosewater actually create MtG though? Neitlich was literally just the bean counter for Classics.
>>
>>8785329
Is anyone even aware they retconned that lore? I feel like Scott was in charge when it was actually setting, and it started losing sales since they were running out of characters people cared about.
>>
>>8784209
What does that mean?
>>
>>8784209
English?
>>
>>8785337
Bean counter and ruiner.
>>
>>8785329
Neitlich's lore was literal cancer tho, so it was ruined from the start.
>>
>>8785335
Far too many to mention, since there's over two years' worth catalogued here (he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?271709), but >>8762401 is one such. Post-Neitlich canon is also littered with ass-pull arifacts named after big-name fans (though I'll give James Eatock a pass, he's all right).
>>
>>8784612
Never read or cared to read that much about the Lore. I kept a basic understanding of MOTU, but I appreciated the character art and designs - the toys were great and I liked the ideas they threw around. Vikor is the best Conan figure available.
>>8785329
This is basically what I mean. I like the classics sculpt. If they added butterfly joints and made the sculpts double jointed, they'd be the perfect.

I'm just happy to see He-Man making such a huge fucking comeback. I didn't get to experience the toys much as a kid because I was born after 85, but I always wanted to. Origins scratches the fuck out of that itch. I just hope Mattel releases weapon and accessory packs more in line with the original, vintage sculpts - the new stuff is too simplified and "refined".
>>
>>8784505
Yep. Series 1 and 2 were really easy to find, then Series 3 started the scalping. I think it’s because wave 1 was out of stores and people were paying extra for figures they missed, so scalpers decided every figure of the line MUST be worth 4 X their retail value, also despite it being a Walmart exclusive, they only get like 2 cases per store. So thanks to scalpers, your chances of actually finding the figures in the wild are abysmally low.

So, yeah, all scalpers should do the world a favor and neck themselves
>>
>>8784562
Don’t ever pay scalper prices for origins, they are no longer an exclusive
>>
>>8785762
I wish we got Wave 1 in Canada..
>>
I only just got into collecting Origins, having missed out on Classics entirely and not wanting to collect the entire line at those costs.

I'm just curious if anyone is collecting both lines and can answer a question regarding cross-compatibility.

I've been thinking of saving up purchase the Classics Granamyr and Dylamug to display with Origins figures. Can anyone tell me how they look together? Do they mesh well?
Or am I better off holding my cash and hoping against hope that both characters get an Origins release?
>>
>>8785469
>>8785335
Classics "canon" lasted from 2008-2017 but was derailed a bit near the end of the Mattel run.

It was quite often mocked by the hardcore He-Man fandom, mostly for not adhering more to the Filmation canon which most older He-Man fans put up as the holy bible of the franchise. Emiliano Santaluccia used to openly mock almost every new biography together with the other hosts of the he-man,org podcasts, including Pixel Dan. The bios thread on that forum was also a pretty even stream of dislike from the people who bought the figures, and even when Scott was there he often got quite provocative questions about it. Emiliano and him especially disliked each other since Emiliano believes Scott essentially took the fan bible he submitted for the 200X comic book adaptation and plundered it for ideas for Classics storylines, and also was quite upset att Mattel for not allowing him to work on the toyline as a designer (he especially wanted his character illumina put into the canon, she's a whole bag of worms). After Emiliano left the forums due to falling out with Val Staples he also formed the Power and Honor Foundation to actively try to preserve the Filmation canon and slowly fight back against Mattel, though I dunno if they actively do a lot of stuff anymore since Lou Scheimer died and the new She-Ra brought in a bunch of new fans.
>>
>>8785862
Dylamug is WAY too big to look in scale next to origins. Origins only toe the 6 inch mark whereas Classics are around 7" and much more bulky overall. Granamyr is a toss-up but he looks a little too detailed for Origins.

I very much doubt they will actively go into characters who didn't have toys for Origins though, Masterverse might however.
>>
>>8785879
Is the Filmation lore that good? From the little I've watched it seems very status quo-y so I wouldn't think it would explore much.
Maybe I'm bias though since I really like the mini comics
>>
>>8785889
I'm ok with Dylamug being a bit larger as long as he fits aesthetically with Origins(an inch is not a deal breaking size difference) since I'm aware he's much less detailed than typical Classics.
But if he just clashes in general in terms of the design, I'll pass
>>
>>8785914
I'm probably not the person to ask since I vastly prefer the minicomics and even the comics to the cartoon, anon. The Filmation lore feels really thrown-together since it's mostly the Halperin series bible for MOTU but diverges from it or ignores a bunch of stuff in favor of standard rehashed saturday morning cartoon stuff. It rarely delves into backstories either, but on the other hand it is by far the most well-known form that MOTU has ever taken since a lot of kids watched it without ever touching the toys. I guess new She-Ra might supplant it now going forward, but up until then it was super dominant in the fandom.
>>
>>8785920
I don't actually have Dylamug so I can't do any comparisons, but I expect he'd look okay next to them? He's bigger and he's more painted unlike Origins which are mostly unpainted/molded plastic but he should look okay.
>>
>>8785914
The Filmation is good fun but the minicomic lore is way "cooler"
>>
File: sketch-1613608365426.jpg (66 KB, 1289x1080)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
What are the largest and/or smallest pieces in your collections? Here's my smallest, vintage-accurate down to the nubs/spindle on the underside. US dime for scale.
>>
>>8785765
>flocked Panthor
>"Origins of Evil" Keldor & Kronis 2-pack
>probably Alcala Tri-Klops
Except when they are.
>>
>>8786487
Nice. Is it a custom?
>>
>>8786520
Yeah. There was a seller (Etsy, I think) who sold scanned and printed miniaturized versions of some of their vintage figs.
>>
>>8786508
A few exclusives here and there is much better than having the whole line be exclusive. Fucking hate that shit.
>>
>>8786508
He means the line as a whole, you retard
>>
>>8786715
Yes, and the line as a whole has exclusives, you double retard. Be more specific, faggot.
>>
>>8786508
When is Flocked panthor due? I'm holding off cuz I don't see a point in having two of them.
>>
>>8786781
Every fucking toy line has exclusives you stupid cunt. I guess by your rules we had to call every single toy line a store exclusive!

Seriously, drown in semen you stupid cuck
>>
File: 1592598260786.png (795 KB, 800x600)
795 KB
795 KB PNG
>>8786715
>>
File: 1583993364681.jpg (253 KB, 634x705)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>8786781
>origins is no longer exclusive
>yeah except for these exclusives
>he meant the entire line
>within the entire line there are exclusives
>every fucking toyline has exclusives
????
>>
When the fuck are we gonna get Landshark? It was hyped to be out soon.
>>
>>8784209
He's closer to what brian micheal bendis is to marvel. Although even that is a bit of hyperbole. Scott's stories arent horroble, I think theyre just too on the nose most of the time.
>>
>>8783244
Fucking this, screw infighting, collect what you like and let everyone else enjoy their god damned toys.
>>
>TFW yuropoor
>TFW MOTU origins is readily available
>TFW they are 20 bucks a pop here

FUCK
>>
>>8783234
Mini comics/packaging reference, I wish mattel would release the defacto incarnation of characters first before going ahead with niche color schemes. Mega construx atleast has the benefit of having had recolored the first few characters a few times over, so it's fine for them to release pink faker. But this is the debut of faker in the origins line, the pink armor isnt going to be appreciated by your casual buyer.
>>
>>8787576
I'd say pick up your favorites two at a time over a period of a few months. You cant go wrong starting off with skeletor and he-man.
>>
>>8787583
I know anon, I'm just suspecting that they'll sell out and never restock eventually.
>>
File: 20210212_111419.jpg (496 KB, 1500x3328)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
Gee, things sure are so much better now that they're not exclusive...ugh.
>>
>>8787885
>Complaining about availability
>More than one website has the entire line up for preorder at near retail

Embrace technology
>>
>>8788149
>buying something and waiting months for your order to come
Sounds like a cuck mentality to me
>>
>>8788154
>Driving to the same store over and over again only to find nothing and then give up
>>
>>8788149
Or Mattel could just get the toys out there like they're supposed to.
>>
>>8788179
>Mattel
>Adequate distribution

Clearly, you're new to this. Never assume you will be able to find a Mattel product on your own terms. Always take advantage of any resource you can get to find it at retail price.
>>
>>8787885
Well at least someone bought up the sea of Skeletor from that store.
>>
>>8785914
Filmation is just a 20 minute Toy commercial. The lore on the cardbacks and comics is better.
>>
>>8788210
my target is sold out completely but my walmart has a stack of He-Man and Skeletor shelf warming.
>>
>>8788149
BUT MUH THRILL OF THE HUNT!
>>
>>8788157
Yeah tfw you spend more time walking thru the parking lot than in the toy aisle.
>>
>>8786893
Ive thought on two battle cats, one being cringer for prince adam but $50-$60 to get that done buts me off when i could get just 1 battlecat and a 2 new figures for around the same price.
>>
I only 'figure hunted' for the WWE ones, and I've kind of given up on that too. Once they showed up on BBTS, I lost all interest in driving from store to store and doing the toy aisle walk of shame.
>>
>>8788363
The WWE figures are still the biggest mismanagement of the line IMO. I've only seen the first wave go up for retail on Walmart a couple times.
>>
>>8788365
Seriously wtf is Mattel doing. It’s like stores only get one to two cases of each wave and once they sell out they never get restocked. Except for Roman Reigns and Faker Cena, those two shelf warm forever
>>
>>8788383
That's the last wave I ever saw in store. Never saw wave 4, still no sign of 5 being stocked, and Canada already got 6?
>>
>>8788392
Canada got 6 but not 5. Really weird what's going on.
>>
>>8788291
It was unironically fun as fuck finding Trap Jaw in stores. I left the Orko but there was no Man-E-Faces or Scareglow. But I honestly wouldn't have got into the line if not for me seeing the creep in person and impulse buying him.
That said, I did recently order the Roboto wave and the battle armor figures cause fuck this shit.
>>
>>8788649
The rollout here sucks, so I only hunt when I absolutely have to go to target or walmart for something else. Finding them in the wild rocks but I'm over going out once a week just to search for toys. I'd rather have them on pre-order through BBTS so I can gurantee I'll get one.

They are fucking up on these releases. I see plenty of He-Man and Skeletor, but the ONLY other ones I've seen on pegs are Zodac and Mer-Man, and it was the last ones.
>>
>>8788737
>I see plenty of He-Man and Skeletor, but the ONLY other ones I've seen on pegs are Zodac and Mer-Man, and it was the last ones.
Yeah same, I’ve been lucky to buy other figures on Amazon when they randomly pop up
>>
>>8788154
I paid retail price plus $4.99 for my MOTU Origins from BBTS and I dont pay for them until they come in stock.

You paid well over $60 for that one figure you found when factoring the gas costs to driving to all those Wal-Marts and Targets.. IF you even found one
>>
>>8788291

The hunt is only fun for scalpers and people who have way too much time on their hands. For the rest of us, hunting for collectibles is about as fun as pulling teeth
>>
>>8788818
Not to mention the maintenance on the car.
>>
>>8788826
>>8788818
And if you're European, toys like these aren't even sold in stores. So you have to order them anyway.
>>
>>8788763
I wanted to get Man-E-Faces since he was one of the very few MOTU I owned as a kid, but amazon is trying to fuck me on prices as well.

Why any of these morons spend $40 for Origins figures is beyond me. I'd rather wait the month for the figure to come in than blow that much on a toy worth less than half.
>>
>>8789141
Check Walmart occasionally, I got mine off the website for retail but immediately after I bought it, it went out of stock again.
>>
>>8787572
I used to listen to Rosewater's podcast regularly and when I found Scott's youtube channel, they sounded very similar to me.
>>
>>8789141
>Why any of these morons spend $40 for Origins figures is beyond me.

Desperation+impatience+stupidity
>>
>tfw I will never own a blue beard stratos
>tfw I will never own green eyes snake armor Teela
>tfw I will never own savage he man
>tfw I will never own a clean painted eyes/nose grayskull
How do I even cope bros
>>
>>8789141
Yeah you just have keep checking on Amazon every once in awhile and get lucky when it’s in stock for $15
>>
>>8785879
Emiliano is really a prick and a ruin for the franchise. I had the displeasure to argue with him on different occasions.
>>
>>8790252
Most fans side with Emiliano tho. Why do you hate him?
>>
>>8789174
Walmart is total shit. They can't even stop themselves from cancelling preorders.
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
YMMV, but my Wal-Mart's pretty slow and I still found 2 of each of Wave 5 of WWEMOTU

Picked up 1 of each other than Becky. Kind of dull looking.
>>
>>8791167
>Picked up 1 of each other than Becky. Kind of dull looking.
Oh my God, no Becky? Look at her butt!
>>
>>8791167
You might want to pick her up anyways in case you ever change your mind. With these WWE guys it seems like once they sell out they don’t ever get restocked
>>
>>8785879
Fuck off emiliano, no one cares about your dumb Mary Sue character
>>
>>8791167
None of the 3 Walmarts nearby have restocked the WWMOTU since before Christmas.
>>
>>8791167

Where you at, anon?

Looking forward to adding Hot Rod to the collection.
>>
Postan my complete retail (no lords of power, no Mattel creations, no sdcc) collection.

Thread seems slow, lost your collections y’all I love seeing them.
>>
>>8792381
>>
>>8792383
Soon to be replaced with origins greyskull (which I will display opened) I hope that it actually comes out in April or earlier seeing that Canada already has it
>>
>>8792385
The Panthor lookalike is a repainted Jumanji panther that I got for $1.50 on clearance last year. I like him more than the retail Panthor.
>>
Found these 2 dorks at Target. I stashed the wave mates. First time they got something new in since the Jan reset. They’ve been ordering the variety sku, they just get put on a massive back order
>>
>>8792412
I find it hard to find a good merman that has the yellow part of his face painted completely.
>>
Awesome customs
>>
>>8792462
I unironically prefer some of the fuerza t guys more than their original counterparts.

Based Titano and Tekno
>>
>>8792461
Ive seen pics of "bald face" merman and id pick one up if i saw it, kinda looks cool. Most of the bad ones look like an incomplete rush job.
>>
>>8792462

Fuck yeah!!! I’ve been buying extras of the figures to make these. I’m probably going to wait and stick to just using Origins parts as I only ran across Mr T once and haven’t even seen some of the newer WWE figs.

They are snuck in on the Battle Cat box art but the artist and new mini comic writer have said it’s a complete legal black hole with those guys.
>>
>>8788826
I just add it to my weekly grocery trip, i usually get out at 10 am on sat so i just slip by wm or target on my way. It does suck to spend more time walking thru the store to find NOTHING but i call it extra exercise.
>>
Flocked Panther images
>>
>>
>>
>>
What if they did a Rick Martel MOTU and he smelled good to contrast Stinkor?
>>
>>8793165
Hideous but based
>>
Isnt that Panthor like 10 dollars more or some shit?
>>
>>8793274
$15 more.
For flocking that will probably look like shit in the future
>>
>we've already gotten (or will soon get) Clamp Champ, Scareglow, Ninjor, Mosquitor and Buzzsaw Hordak

Someone at Mattel must love the 1987 wave.
I hope that means Blade, Blast Attak and Saurod are gonna hit shelves next year...
>>
>>8793685
‘87 was definitely one of the best waves
>>
File: 44502.jpg (266 KB, 730x1000)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>8793685
I just wanna see if Mosquitor retained his sick blood pumping gimmick.
>>
>>8793692
You know, it really was. The only real duds were Rotar and Twistoid
>>
>>8793695
He’s listed as a deluxe figure and costs more so he better have it. And so far all the deluxe figures have had action features
>>
>>8793757
It's probably because of his head's size.

Then again, it's only a guess.
>>
>>8793695
He will have red liquid in is chest, but no pump.
>>
I honestly find the tail end of MOTU hard to get into especially a handful of the Hoard and Snake Men guys.
>>
>>8793685

Here’s an a crude updated list I’ve seen going around. All the things circled have had pre orders, store listings, or shown up in artwork. The play sets feel iffy but they did make a Grayskull already and they’re moving through vehicles at a pace not even Star Wars does. Pretty based line desu.
>>
>>8794167
I couldn't get into the snakemen (except Tunglashor, love that guy) but I live the Horde

I would have traded the snakes for more Evil Warriors or Hordesmen.
Like, we know there was vintage concept art for toys of Wrap Trap, Octavia and Dylamug, give them King Hiss, Snake Fwce and Sssqueeze's slots.

And maybe make a toy of that weird as fuck huge brain guy
>>
File: fear-ro.jpg (30 KB, 300x410)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>
File: Dylamug_concept_art.jpg (12 KB, 190x300)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>
File: download.jpeg.jpg (8 KB, 259x194)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>
File: tomart89-6_full.jpg (167 KB, 753x1000)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>
>>8794553
We now know this one officially as Wrap Trap.
>>8794554
Like it says on the tin.
>>8794558
Probably became Octavia after a gender flip (Octavius?).
>>8794563
Too much new tooling likely sunk this one.
>>
>>8794706
>Probably became Octavia after a gender flip (Octavius?).

Naw, that's female. Label calls it "Octopus Woman". It's Octavia.
(As an aside, I dig the purple skin and short black hair way more than the Filmation design, and I would buy this as an Origins Octavia in heartbeat)
>>
>>8794706
>>8794717
>>
I posted the wrong version of the color pic. Here's a larger better quality one
>>
File: Toy Accurate Horde Poster.jpg (2.86 MB, 3600x5400)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
And what the hell, just for fun, here's a toy-accurate Evil Horde poster which uses the concept designs for Octavia and Dylamug instead of the Filmation designs
>>
>>8794721
>>8794717
This is so much cooler than the shitty generic filmation design. All those Filmation-styled classics look so bad compared to the cool toy sculpts.
>>
Evil horde are the GOAT of aesthetics but all the factions have really cool designs . That's a big part of the appeal of the motu figures. Even as a kid I never liked good guy figures but he man was the exception because they have so many oddballs that don't look like the typical good guy
>>
>>8794722
Wow!! This is awesome. I think this is the work of Axel. It’s like his early fan work when he’d sell sketches at a table at Power Con. there’s so many little Easter eggs and touches in here. Glad someone at Mattel noticed his talent and now he’s doing all the box art officially.
>>
>>8794751
>Filmation-styled classics look so bad compared to the cool toy sculpts.

You just mean the ones that look accurate to the cartoon model (like Filmation Mantenna), and not the ones based on Filmation characters done in normal style, right?
Because Classics Icer and Batros are two of the best toys in the line
>>
>>8794751
>All those Filmation-styled classics look so bad
Wrooooooong. Especially on He-Man and Skeletor. They looked so much better.
>>
>>8794845
Fuck off Emiliano nobody cares about your cheap cartoon.
>>
>>8794861
Kill yourself faggot. You've never watched MOTU in your life.
>>
>>8794794
>Even as a kid I never liked good guy figures but he man was the exception because they have so many oddballs that don't look like the typical good guy

True. I'm not even a fan of the core Heroic Warriors, I can pass on Man-at-Arms, Teela and even He-Man, but you give me a Mekaneck, Snout Spout or Roboto, and I'm a happy guy. They're just too weird NOT to like.
>>
>>8794861
>1983: Filmation Associates 130 episodes
>1989: Jetlag Productions, 65 episodes
>2002: Mike Young Productions, 39 episodes
>2021: Powerhouse Animation Studios, 8 episodes announced
>2021: House of Cool, tba
Newsflash: NONE of the cartoons had budgets any higher than Mattel would allot. They're ALL cheap!
>>
>>8794940
Maybe, but look at episode counts.
Something like MYP made its budget count with a small number of higher quality episodes

Filmation churned out 130 low quality episodes (and I say this as someone who does like Filmation in a general way, but I'm currently sitting down to rewatch the show for the first time in ages, and out of 15 episodes I've seen so far, only one was good with two that could be ironically enjoyed, but the rest are forgettable crap)
>>
>>8794971
The MYP series was unfinished, Mattel pulled the plug, determining that there wasn't enough return on investment. With Filmation, they got their money's worth on a (fixed, small) budget, and then some! Then Mattel had to Mattel and cancel it at the height of its popularity in order to shill a spinoff, on only half of the previous allotment! The fact that Filmation even wrung out 96 episodes on that at all still boggles the mind.
>>
>>8794940

>2002: Mike Young Productions, 39 episodes

They covered more story and lore than Filmation did in 3X the episodes. I remember trying to catch it back in the day, one day it’s on Sat at 5:30 the next week Sun at 11:30 am then not on for 2 weeks. Sadly it killed along with the toyline implosion what would’ve been an epic season 3 with the Horde and the Masters pushed underground.
>>
>>8794828
Those Filmation Classics suck ass. Let’s dumb down an amazing line by making them look dull. I still have most of them boxed and only opened a few for accessories. If I ever sell off Classics, they’re the first to go. I was so pissed S7 pushed priority over the Collector Choice series. They had people allowing them to make shit like the mummy or the movie figs that Mattel couldn’t make.

Hoping that leaker anon that came in here one time was right that Masterverse would release the remaining figs in Filmation and Classics that were sculpted up and got stalled when the license was yanked. Shit people think they have trouble finding Origins, MV is gonna be worse.
>>
>>8794996
It was the same story and lore. Michael Halperin wrote the series bibles for both.
>>
Fuuuuck!!! Only at Target Canada and in Germany.
>>
>>8795021
Huh? We have Targets here?
>>
>>8795021
How can burgers get this?
>>
>>8795033
At Target... Canada and Germany don't have Target. According to the original poster, someone from Target sent that pic their way, it isn't out yet.
>>
>>8795021
No Targets up here in Canada buddy. Maybe at “TOYS R US” for us here!!!!
>>
>>8795021
is this the regular skeletor face we've been waiting for? Looks like it might be
>>
>>8795145
Alcala Skeletor. So yes.
>>
>>8795021
Wow!!

Glad they kept the old two pack boxes. Waiting to see close ups or detailed. Hoping the cape is plastic. Head doesn’t look as Alcala as I hoped but we’ll see. Hopefully that’s a full power sword there too.
>>
>>8795021
200x characters, eh?
So Origins is NOT going to be vintage toyline exclusive? That's exciting. I gave high hopes for future character selection
>>
>>8795021
Fucking rad
>>
>>8785914
The Filmation lore is decent and makes up the best backbone for the continuity. The mini-comics and Marvel/Marvel UK stuff is decent supplemental material and you can handwave them as a somewhat decent continuity continuation from Filmation if you don't like She-Ra. Though it has some really bad ideas, mainly the whole Keldor stuff

The 2002 show is pretty much garbage, especially it fucking up Teela and Evil-Lyn's origin and the Keldor stuff needlessly complicates Skeletor's backtory (plus the fact that the 2002 cartoon tries to make Skeletor an utter edgelord to compensate for the campier version of Skeletor from the Filmation cartoon).

The only decent thing you can say about the 2002 show is that A. it explains why Orko knows Adam is He-Man (was forced to tag along with MAA when Adam got the sword due to a Skeletor attack) B. retcons ALL of He-Man's allies as Randor's war buddies C. actually gives a definitive answer as to what Skeletor wants with Castle Grayskull (the elders of grayskull basically died creating a massive orb of all of their collective powers and knowledge
>>
>>8788365
The WWE line failed miserably due to character selection. No one wants New Day, Cena, Reigns, Rollins, Mysterio and even Hasbro knows this, hence why more recent waves are focusing more and more on old timers like Hogan, Sting, Steve Austin, Jake Roberts, and Macho Man.
>>
>>8793187
They couldn't even give us Drew Gulak or Daniel Bryan in the WWE Classic line; you think they'd give us D-Lister Rick Martel in a gimmick that pretty much killed his career dead?
>>
>>8794971
Actually the Filmation had decent size budgets. At least compared to other Filmation shows, as Mattel gave Filmation more money than they normally used budget-wise for He-Man and She-Ra. It's one of the reasons why the MOTU stuff is generally considered the best shows made by Filmation; as they were the only shows where Filmation actually put money into said shows to make them high quality
>>
>>8795226
It's gotten 6 waves, so they clearly see a purpose in continuing it. My issue is the complete lack of distribution outside of Walmart's bad stock system.
>>
>>8795226
>6 waves
>still running
>figures sold out on store shelves
>most misp figures going for $30+ on the aftermarket
>failed miserably
>>
>>8795220
>The 2002 show is pretty much garbage, especially it fucking up Teela and Evil-Lyn's origin and the Keldor stuff needlessly complicates Skeletor's backtory
What

None of those three had a Filmation backstory except Teela, and 2002 copied that. In fact, a LOT of characters who showed up out of nowhere in Filmation got origins in the first season of the 2002 cartoon, like Two-Bad being two magically fused rivals.
>>
>>8795349
Skeletor KIND OF had an origin in Filmation. We knew he was a former Hordesmen that Hordak just abandoned.

If anything, MYP just fleshed thst out a little.
The only thing that might be a bit unnecessary is Skeletor's blood relation to He-man. Personally, I don't like it, even though I do like Keldor. I'd just prefer Keldor to not be Randor's brother
>>
>>8795021
See, that's the Skeletor head I WANT. But I don't want that fucking 2pack. Or want to try finding it.
>>
>>8795423
This is a line that lives and dies on its redecos, I'm sure you'll have another opportunity.
>>
>>8795423
Find out if there's anyone who just wants the Trapjaw and sell it to them!
>>
>>8795393
Yeah they took that thread from the mini comics. If MOTU didn’t end they had one planned to fully reveal it.
>>
>>8793187

I wonder why ringside collectibles doesn't sell the motuwwe. It'd be a decent way to get slight variants since they offer their own exclusives a lot of the time.
>>
>>8795021
>Target Canada
No Targets in Canada lol.
>>
>>8795021
Unless this is stocked out the ass, I anticipate just paying eBay for this set. No way I'm going to waste hours of my life driving around anymore for this shit
>>
>>8795572
I would be shocked. This line is nothing but a hassle. I don't even expect my bbts orders to get filled at this rate.
>>
>>8795431
yeah the fact they seem to be even giving the lords of power sculpts standard releases makes me worry less, but its still bullshit
>>
>>8795572
>>8795631
It's plentiful in Europe, I dunno why the US gets shafted so bad but it's probably due to corona.
>>
>>8795423
What i don't get is why not include that head with Battle Armor Skeletor instead?
First, BA Skeletors heads are hardly different at all, so why not have his alternate be different, and second, Keldor is the kind of character people will eat up WITHOUT an added selling point like an alt head.

It seems an odd choice
>>
>>8795680
See that makes the most sense! The He-Man set has the toy head, wtf are they thinking?
>>
>>8795742
>>8795680
I see you guys are new to dealing with Matty haha
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU9We5oeClE
>>
>>8795021
Fuuuuuck!!! It's a Target exclusive. -0.01sec sell out of online preorders and each store will only get 3 which will be scalped by employees and put on ebay for $200.
>>
>>8795843
Technically, no, but I gave up on Matty in the first or second year of Classics and was really hoping that they sucked less after a decade.
>>
>>8795868
I wonder if BBTS will get any stock two years later. They recently got a few Target exclusive Transformers releases for retail about a year after discontinuation.
>>
>>8795021
store exclusives need to fucking die
>>
>>8795885
who knows
>>
>>8795145
That head is based off the old mini comics. The more vintage toy inspired head comes with Battle Armor Skeletor
>>
>>8795021
Woah that’s awesome. I originally had no plans of picking this up but I might change my mind
>>
>>8785767
I'm in Canada and we got wave one
it just depends on where you are in
Canada I guess
>>
I haven't really had an issue with finding any of the waves except wave 2 which I ebayed.

I just post in a motu facebook group and once I see pickups start showing up, I start checking the stores near me
>>
>>8795186
I didn’t know how bad I want this. Wonder if Mini comic Tri Klops is gonna be called Origins Tri Klops now.

Next to more early mini comic stuff and Powers of Grayskull, 200X was a big hope of mine. Definitely need King Grayskull and Zodak but also hoping for Prhavus, Callix, Lord Dactus, Horde Wraith, Evil Seed, Ceretus and maybe a battle armour version of Marlena since I’m sure they’ll do the green dress version.

Seeing is how strong these are selling, maybe they’re visiting other eras to pull from.
>>
File: 1537353501164.jpg (1.68 MB, 1988x3056)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>8796043
If we get other eras, I'm gonna need Goat Man and Strong-Or, in addition to every vintage line Evil Warrior.

Then I gotta find a cool Darkseid toy so I can make this display.

Shazam variants of Adam and Skeletor would be great too. And Kryptech He'Man. But these last 3 variants might be better suited to Masterverse, so I'll settle for Origins Goat Man and Strong-Or
>>
File: 20210221_234858.jpg (760 KB, 1990x1803)
760 KB
760 KB JPG
These actually are pretty fun to swap around once you pick up a few.
>>
File: 20210221_210208.jpg (821 KB, 1978x1960)
821 KB
821 KB JPG
>>8796546
>>
>>8796137
Yeah it’s a complete pisser they lost DC. The one Asian dude told us at Power Con they were looking at doing regular DC figs in this style since FuKno was doing savage DC like the WWE line. But then the license wasn’t renewed. It seems like with multiple companies doing different things they would be able to do a 5.5 line since Spin is doing 4” and Toddy is doing 7”. Hell look at today. Mezco is doing 1/12 Power Rangers after Super 7 is doing Ultimates plus 4” and 3zero is doing 12” while Hasbro is also doing 6”.
>>
>>8792389
Yeah I like tour idea of a sleeker Panthor, helps differentiate him from Battle Cat.
The Origins one just feels like purple Battle Cat to me and I get that's what Panthor ultimately is I wish he at least had a different head of the helmet they gave him in Origins.
>>
>>8795021
I want that Alcala head so bad and even though I didn't really need a Keldor in origins I guess he can hang out with the prince Adam that came with the Sky Sled.

I just wish I didn't have to pay for a Kronis figure. Never understood why anyone would care about a Trap-Jaw figure from before he was interesting.
>>
>>8794167
I've always liked the sneks, they're a nice small group that's easy to complete and they all looked cool.
>>
>>8795312
/toy/ logic on weird, if a toyline is failing depends on how the anon in question feels about it.
"There is nothing on shelves? Then clearly it is failing because the stores don't think it's worth stocking!"
"The pegs are full? Then clearly that mean it's failing because otherwise it would be empty"
>>
>>8795917
Unfortunately they're and necessary evil.
>>
>>8796793
See, Kronis is fine as an alternate head for Trap Jaw, but as a standalone figure?

I'm sure they could have come up with someone better to pair a Keldor with. Spirit of Hordak? Young Evil-lyn? Red Beast Man? Hell, why not Randor before he became King?
>>
>>8784209
if this were true dc wouldnt be todd's weekly batman shitshow now
>>
>>8797035
Ain't that the fucking truth.
>>
>>8796789
I was so let down when I got origins Panthor in hand. I had no idea what I expected, but I didn’t get it. Just like a “yup, that’s him” and I haven’t picked him up since.
>>
>>8797961
Yeah. Seems there's a reason he and Battlecat aren't moving from shelves really.
The articulation on them is just not good.
>>
>>8797965
If they had paws it would really help a lot.
>>
>>8797961
I'm considering passing on the cats altogether.
I MIGHT cave and get Battle Cat just so He-Man has something to ride, but with Panthor....I dunno, I've always thought Skeletor looked more at home in the Land Shark or in the Roton than on Panthor, so he doesn't have the same appeal that Battle Cat does.
>>
>>8797992
Did Skeletor even ride Panthor much in Filmation? He always looked like he was treated like a pet more than anything.
>>
I hope we see the Evil Lyn refresh soon. Scott's video today hyped me for it.
>>
>>8798273
What's an evilyn refresh
>>
>>8798218
Panthor didn't show up much in general.
I think Skeletor rode him in the very first episode, but I don't think he did much more than that.

Skeletor in the show mostly used the Roton and the Collector (which im surprised has never gotten a toy considering how much Skeletor used it)
>>
>>8798286
They're releasing an Evil-lyn 2 in the same wave that LoP Mer-man gets a retail release.
Its assumed it'll be 200x colors Evil-lyn
>>
>>8796137
The old multiverse darkseid was built on the motuc buck, the colors arent right, but it's close
>>
I miss the bants with crimson commander
>>
>>8798437
Why would you miss shitposting?
>>
>>8798437
Fuck that. Worse night getting it through his thick skull Wonder Bread He-man wasn't unused Conan stock. Even using his favorite site to spam Battle Ram as a source.
>>
>>8798437
>>
>>8798443
>>8798456
He posted some good pics. If he came back and just posted artwork that would be fine.
>>
>>8798437
Was he flat out banned?
>>
>>8796137
Fucking Hell, I love Freddie Williams' art. I really wish that a MOTU TMNT crossover comic could/would happen. His takes on both properties are my favorites. he even makes me enjoy the pageboy hair on He-Man.
>>
dont collect he-man, but i wanted some elemental figures, found out about callix god damn it that price.
>>
>>8798437
I liked him when he posted news updates only because no one else has stepped up to fill that niche.
>>
>>8798456
What's funny is despite that whole thing people in the TMNT were pushing the narrative that he is that toyguru guy despite him not only being adamant that He-man isn't a Conan clone but also being the one who found evidence of "wonder bread he-man origins"
>>
I want hordak and ninjor so bad. Being in burger land is suffering
>>
>>8798791
>His takes on both properties are my favorite

Agreed.
I'd love it if we could a MOTU ongoing with him helping the art duties, just so we could see more.
His Orko especially is the best I've ever seen. And I love how he seems to know enough about He-Man to dredge up some of the characters he does for crowd filling battle scenes. Look at the above picture, guy included Blast Attak for gods sake

And you just know that if he got his hands on the Horde, he'd knock them out of the park
>>
File: 20210222_171127.jpg (236 KB, 1168x864)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
Mattel sent me some free toys the other day as part of some promotion.
>>
File: MOTU.jpg (150 KB, 1404x946)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
So I got these and apparently the guy who had them before died, am I going to be haunted if I open them up?
>>8799747
That's pretty cool, what did you do to be apart of it?
>>
>>8799761
He died because he didn't open them.
>>
>>8799747
Muthafuckas be out here can't get 1 Panthor, and these bitches just given away 2 for free
>>
>>8799170

Williams take on all of the 80s properties is pretty damn awesome. Seeing his name attached to stuff usually means it's gonna kick ass.
>>
>>8799761
>>8799790
They gave em to me for responding to their social media posts on facebook for their Masters of the Universe page. They always ask fans questions about MOTU and so I occasionally comment on their posts. So, then they contacted me on facebook for responding and sent me their email address and told me to contact them as a surprise. When I messaged them they said they wanted to give me free toys. They showed up just the other day.
>>
>>8799823
Shit. And I gsve up facebook. I gotta get back on it
>>
>>8799064
I can't even begin to understand that connection. Guru doesn't even seem to be passionate about TMNT or He-man Origins.
>>
>>8798437
He's a shithead.
>>
>>8799847
He linked to his videos a few times which seems to be the only "evidence" I've seen but if that's the case that makes me and several other people also him since surprise surprise people link to the guy who talks about toy production when discussing how toys are made.
Anyway apparently the tripfag is back though because the TMNT threat is up in flames again.
>>
>>8799901
The videos plus his shilling of Super7. He's been trying to get a job with them.
>>
File deleted.
>>8798437
I got paroled from internet jail.

Have a pic of Teela swooning over Adam for putting her cuck father in his place.
>>
>>8799921
Oh hey Scott. You here to try and shitpost about Retroblasting again?
>>
File: Heroes of the Universe.jpg (144 KB, 1307x1512)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>8799762
Well the I freed myself from the curse then.
These two are actually my first Classics figures and probably my last unless I find Draego Man for less than 100.
They're...fine articulation wise but there is a lot of modern stuff I'm missing but they have enough to get the job done I suppose.
Anyway I also got the red weapon get for Wun-Dar to complete the look.
>>
>>8799939
Draego-man and Laserlot are legitimately the only good new characters Classics spawned
>tfw the 30th Anniversary was almost 10 years ago
Think we'll get Origins Draego to commemorate his 10th birthday?
Or will we get another slew of OCs for the lines 40th?
>>
File: Etpq7RnXMAERd_J.jpg (82 KB, 1080x1350)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>8799939
I hope Masterverse employs ankle rockers like Origins does. I feel like they really add a lot to posing your figures and make them more fun.
>>
>>8799939
Does he actually come with a loaf of bread?
>>
>>8799921
>mustacheless MAA: But, He-Man. You were never a prince! I'm not some king's royal guardsman. She's not my daughter! Who's Duncan? That sword is the key to Castle Greyskull, not your personal weapon! You have to wake up!
>Adam: Thcrew you, Old Man! I AM Prince Adam and you work for ME!

Shit...now I think I want to file the Filmation continuity away as some sort of "For the Man Who Has Everything" style brain-fuckery being done to minicomics He-Man.
>>
>>8799956
I hope you get banned again.
>>
>>8799952
>Think we'll get Origins Draego to commemorate his 10th birthday?
That would be cool but I wonder if the people running the line even remember the Classics OCs.
>>8799956
I hope so, it's become so standard now you don't realise you miss it until it's gone.
I'll be keeping my eye on masterverse anyway since I was to get a mount for Wun-dar and the classics options are way too much.
>>8799957
Yep which is kinda funny since we now know he didn't come from wonderbread.
>>
>>8799969
>That would be cool but I wonder if the people running the line even remember the Classics OCs.

It would be a shame if they don't. I can live without the rest, if it came to it, but Draego-Man really needs to be kept around
>>
>>8799988
I mean, Seth came with his sword, right?
>>
>>8799991
Yeah, my hope is that WWE figures give little hints about future Origins figures based on accessories that can be reused.

Jake the snake had me thinking Snakeface is on the way, and Mr.T confirms Fisto and Jitsu (i know Fisto preorders are already up).
>>
>>8800014
Roman had a Fisto fist, too. Was the Classics Jitsu ;eft-chopped or is this an entirely new accessory?
>>
>>8800016
Classics Jitsu was right chopped
But vintage was left, so I assume its a new accessory that can be reused for Jitsu
>>
>>8799959
>"For the Man Who Has Everything"
Holy fucking based, I just rewatched that JLU episode a few days ago.
>>
>>8800024
Maybe we'll get double Jitsu?
>>
>>8800024
The vintage had it on his right hand, too, but I think the left makes him more of an opposite-but-equal Fisto nemesis.
>>
>>8800014
They don't. Outside of some specialized new parts, they mostly use the accessories from Classics. Don't assume anything there is a hint for Origins.
>>
>>8800029
Shit, all this time I thought Jitsu was left handed. where did I get thst idea?
>>
>>8800031
Oh, they're from Classics? I thought it was all new accessories. I should probably shut up then, I'm wrong on all counts today
>>
>>8800038
Same here, actually. Again, I think it's because it fits pretty naturally making him a Fisto mirror.
>>
>>8800041
The gloves (fist and chopping hand) are indeed new, Fiend's weapons, the heads obviously, and probably some others I'm currently forgetting, but otherwise they're mostly reused Classics accessories (and some DCUC, like the lightning on Rock), ya. Like Tri-Klops armor on Undertaker, Jitsu armor on Mr. T, the various weapons, etc.
>>
>>8799939
You're very lucky to have these. Best Wun-Darr I can get is an origins custom.
>>
>>8800291
I got them for a good price too, at least compared to standard Classics prices.
Wun-Dar was £82 and Laser Lot was £32 before shipping.
If there are any other UK anons looking for Classics stuff the guy I got them from is called greatkoifish on ebay and they're putting up figures weekly for auction.
>>
File: IMG_0001 (2).jpg (1.67 MB, 2816x2112)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>the last time I got a Classics figure to the collection was 2017

Where the FUCK does time go, anons? Anyway, I'm glad there's new MOTU out there for people to enjoy. Origins looks like a hoot and I'm glad Matty is finally showing the franchise some love again '

This was my final addition to my Classics set.
>>
>>8800312
Overpaid
>>
>>8800467
I mean yeah, it's more than I would have liked for wunder boy but considering most other listings are 100 - 160 I don't mind as much.
>>
>>8800024
>Classics Jitsu was right chopped
>But vintage was left,
Huh. All this time he was identical twins with non-identical disabilities.
>>
>>8798843
Try Schleich
>>
File: Eu-f3MNXEAEST2n.jpg (431 KB, 1388x1796)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>
>>8801821
This is that Deluxe one we saw in the listings, "23cm", or around 9". Perhaps Skeletor gets a power-up at some point, and this is the result. I don't know why all these "news" sources keep using that DC rendition, other than the spiky shoulders (which are done in completely different ways) and horns, they look nothing alike.

Weapon, 2 extra hands, and an energy effect. Even though this isn't a part of the mainline offering, it comes with a solid array of accessories, which is what was shown in those preview shots from the last time.
>>
File: Legend_darkness.jpg (35 KB, 340x445)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>8801821
Those horns...
>>
File: blurry cat.png (245 KB, 585x243)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
There's also this shot of Battle Cat, btw.
>>
File: 20201204_203328.jpg (50 KB, 422x750)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>8801821
>NINE INCHES
damn son, i'll suck dick for this figure
>>
https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?280546-NEW-IMAGE-CGI-He-Man-and-the-Masters-of-the-Universe-Action-Figures-Series
Anyone want to paste the pic for the rest of us plebs who don't or won't log in to that site?
>>
Looks like shit
>>
>>8802090
I mean it was always going to. Idk what people were expecting
Show the toys though you cowards
>>
>>8802090
Battle Cat reminds me of Zoids. I kinda like it. I'll give the show a chance. He-Man at least looks cool enough.
>>
>>8802090
It's the kids show, it's fine. Not everything has to cater to your dumbass needs.

The proportions are very similar to Origins, I wouldn't be too surprised if the basic action figures for this series use the Origins body.
>>
>>8802090
sword is cool, battle cat's cooler but he-man has the fucking worst design ever
>>
>>8802090
I kinda like Battle Cat, it reminds me of 200X, He-Man's tiny head is hilarious though.
>>
>>8802090
That looks so bad...Jesus
>>
>>8802090
Battle Cat looks fucking awesome, that helmet is sick.
>>
>>8802090
>>
>>8802090
>Orko being replaced forever by Gwildor intensifies
>>
>>8802149
>in leafland, these will be $30-$32 each, battlecat will probably be $40
>>
>>8802149
I'd like to see more pics of these so I can judge em better.
>>
>>8802149
Why is Skeletor fat? Why is Herman's head so small? Is that Katara?
>>
>>8802168
Did you lose your "in" at Mattel, Scott?
>>
>>8802149
Skeletor looks ok
He-man and Evil-lyn look like shit

>>8802153
Based
>>
>>8802173
Sup Crimson. You already up to your BS?
>>
>>8802169
lol I thought the exact same thing. Also Battle Cat looked old and out of shape. But I can't decide if I like them or not until I've seen it enough. The articulation looks good tho; double jointed knees and elbows. I can't tell if there's ankle rockers tho.
>>
>>8802149
For me, the power sword is the worst offender. The proportions are just so odd like they're trying to do some kind of stylized realism and cartoony all at once
>>
>>8802149
I'll tentatively say I like these. Not mind blowing, but they look like really figures.
>>
>>8802149
Their heads are really tiny, their bodies are huge, and the proportions are very undynamic. It doesn't really fit masters of the universe much at all.

It's like having a really tiny circle on top of a cylinder.
>>
>>8802183
Wondering about ankle rockers is just the weirdest thing to think about nowadays. Of course they have them. Also thinking either of them are fat (I assume they're the same molds) is just ludicrous. Look at anyone that's competently built like a body builder, these guys are made to look strong, not lean.
>>
>>8802169
>>8802183
>>8802191
They're weirdly lacking the "heroic" proportions I'm used to in figures. I expect either a slightly more trim waist or broader chest. They're very barrell-torso'd.
>>
>>8802149
WTF did they do to Evil Lyn?
>>
>>8802192
Maybe that's the aesthetic on the show, less superhero and more power lifter.

>>8802194
Maybe she switched sides. Doesn't look very evil anymore.
>>
>>8802194
Gave her a purse.
>>
>>8802149
Going to buy a 2nd evilyn to use as a waterbender
>>
>>8802197
>Maybe that's the aesthetic on the show, less superhero and more power lifter.
Probably, but it doesn't mean anyone has to like it. I personally don't hate it, but it's definitely thrown me for a loop.
>>
>>8802179
I haven't responded to you anon, and this will be the last thing I say on the matter. I keep seeing you pop up in other threads, and I don't know how else to communicate it to you that you're swinging at several people(there's 83 posters in this thread alone). The only time I addressed you was once indirectly in TMNT General to say to another anon that I was not Scott. Every single other individual you've taken the time to reply to is a different anon and no matter how many screenshots I've posted in the past to back up the fact it's never proof enough, nor the fact that even when I was banned I could still see people arguing with you-- which should be a clue that it's several people and the /toy/ archives can verify this from the past two weeks.
>>
>>8802203
Of course not, no one has to like anything, it all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day. I'd rather some better pics before confirming how into the figures I am, but I don't mind the different body type.
>>
>>8802198
Did they also make her a Muslim? Is Teela going to be covered head to toe as well? Fuck this double standard SJW shit.
>>
>>8802197
Very probable. We still haven't seen a preview of the show, the designs may grow on everyone. People didn't like Origins when it was first revealed on /toy/ and every griped about it and said how much better Classics was.
>>
>>8802207
>nor the fact that even when I was banned I could still see people arguing with you
Why are you assuming it's all the same person?

Also no one cares about this drama. I'm not sure why you don't just drop the name and we could all move on and discuss things without that becoming a point (not) worth bringing up.
>>
>>8802213
Teela is going to have a full burqa and there's a special piece of malicious code in the show that will allow Netflix to find you should you ever watch it so they can send their "Male Disposal Unit" to your home to castrate you. Get with the times, geezer.
>>
>>8802213
Her hair is literally out, and I didn't know having a hand bag is "double standard SJW shit". Get mad about something substantial you confused goon.
>>
>>8802232
But, Scott! She's wearing...PANTS
>>
>>8802217
>Why are you assuming it's all the same person?
Because it's easier to believe it's one guy, and he confessed to doing it on another site.
>>
>>8802149
These look interesting but I'm glad I went in on Origins instead
>>
>>8802234
Pants... on a woman? What kind of SJW BS is that?
>>
>>8802149
Lack of butterfly joints has me disappointed.
>>
>>8802260
So that's what was missing, for some reason I hadn't picked that out. It is unfortunate, but at least everything else seems to be there.
>>
>>8802213
bro she's wearing pants that's it
>>
They really missed the classic He-Man proportions. Wide shoulders, v line to the waist.
>>
>>8802270
These look more 200x than anything.

>>8802149
Are those knees and elbows pinless? On a retail Mattel toy?
>>
File: He-Man.jpg (344 KB, 821x717)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>8802270
Ya... v line.
>>
>>8802276
>Hey mom! Watch while I pretend I've never seen an original he man figure!
>>
>>8802232
>He-man half naked as ever
>Evil Lyn practically covered head to toe.

Yeah, no double standards at all.
>>
>>8802149
>Skeletor and He-Man just look like stylized versions of Skeletor and He-Man
>Evil-Lynn looks like a stock generic wizard from a D&D 5e book
Why? I know they had to give her are conservative design but why make her so fucking generic?
>>
>>8802281
Per the leaks, these are the classic He-Man and Skeletor, and the Revelation Evil-Lyn. We don't yet know how the Revelation He-Man looks (unless it's exactly the same, and when the listing says classic it just meant they look classic).
>>
File: pepecringe.jpg (23 KB, 640x554)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>8802090
Ouch.
I'm not opposed to some of those design changes but those proportions just look stupid.
>>
>>8802149
A return of 200X? Really?
>>
>>8802090
The definition of extra.

If they had not included the leg armor on battlecat, this would be the coolest battle cat they've ever made. They just took it too far.

If they had not overdesigned He-Man, he would be okay.

The original designs that people still like decades later were actually fairly simple, straightforward. This just completely misses the mark that all of the original stuff hit.
>>
>>8802296
Indeed, less is sometimes more.
>>
>>8802090
Kind of cool, and could have been worse. They also figured out during the 200X toyline that kids weren't into naked He-man.
>>
>>8802296
Why is it that all capeshit now aims for the same bland techy style? Who the fuck asked for tacticool heman? Even nu-52 heman was dogshit
>>
>>8802290
>>8802296
>>8802300
>>8802301
Just a reminder that that's for the kids show, not Revelation, in case some of you think that's what that is.
>>
>>8802304
The original designs were also for a kid's toyline and show. This is still overdesigned.
>>
>>8802283
>>8802281
>>8802285
Evil Lyn's manner of dress makes me fear for the worst. They're gunning hard for the indepedynt womyn look. Rey, bo peep, korra, and now motu.
>>
>>8802149
Skeletor looks good, Battle Cats eyes seem too way up, I don't even know what the fuck is going on with He-Man and Evil-lyn is okay if not a bit boring
>>
>>8802169
>Is that Katara?
"Long ago, I lived with a pixie cut and bare legs Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
>>
>>8802149
These look fucking awful. I’m all in
>>
>>8802304
Oh, I know it is. It's just hard to see how this design will resonate with older fans, or even bring in new fans. Also, I'm not a big fan of Eternia being seemingly skewed so heavily tech vs. magic.
>>
>>8802217
>Also no one cares about this drama.
I care only because it's shitting up TMNT threads, I wish the tripfag would take off his trip and that other trolls get banned for a bit just so /toy/ can be comfy again.
>>
>>8802267
Man I WISH was she was wearing pants that's it. There aren't enough topless barefoot women in cartoons.
>>
>>8802294
What is the issue?
200x was a fantastic time for MOTU designs. They managed to stay faithful to the look of the original while being far less corny.
It is just that the figures that were sort of lame due to being basically statues.
>>
>>8802318
Yeah, the Horde seems more suited for techy design
>>
>>8800025
Funny to see the overlap in dcau fans with other franchises. It really cements how high of a standard was set with the dcau. It's a shame how nonexistent that degree of quality is now. Moreover, after seeing the revelations/masterverse reveals, it reminds me of brucee timm's motu designs and how we'll never get anything as good as the dcau for MOTU outside of the comics.
>>
>>8802090
>replacing the cross on heman's armor with "HM"
Might aswell write his full name on him in ben cooper fashion at that point
>>
Origins ended up being the line to buy.
>>
>>8802334
Fucking this
>>
>>8802334
Absolutely. Just imagine there were people that were hating on the Origins line and desperately waited for Masterverse, thinking it would be a successor to MotU Classics.
>>
>>8802260
What's a butterfly joint? Sorry I am a little bit retarded
>>
>>8802362
These will be way better toys than Classics but will probably go towards a 200x/completely new style
>>
>>8802373
What people call butterfly joints can vary a bit, but the function of the joint is for the arm to be able to reach across the chest. It's useful for things like holding a sword with both hands.

>>8802334
Origins is a really solid line, but I'm not disappointed that I'm not collecting them (though I am grabbing the WWE figures and like them quite a bit). I think it's far too early to write off Revelation, but I'm certainly going to grab some of them, at least, since I like what I'm seeing well enough.
>>
>>8802334
Origins is still complete shit. It is just better shit than the other new MOTU lines.
>>
>>8802377
>I think it's far too early to write off Revelation, but I'm certainly going to grab some of them, at least, since I like what I'm seeing well enough.
It's looking like whether you enjoy them will come entirely down to whether you like the designs.
>>
>>8802384
Just realized I wrote Revelation and not Masterverse. If we're talking about the toyline, we shouldn't forget that Masterverse isn't just for Revelation, the idea was that it would encompass all corners of MOTU, so if you don't like the Revalation figures, it's still possible you'd like the 200x, or comic, or classic figures from the line.

About the show, judging them by designs alone is a bit superficial as the show could be incredible, designs aside (kind of doubting it, but I will give it a shot).
>>
>>8802381
The lack of ankle pivoting on the doge is terrible but the figures have charm and they are colorful. Oh and a cheap as hell price tag and an excellent WWE sub line to go along with it.
>>
>>8802304
still fugly
>>
>>8802315
at least these look better than the other show KEK
>>
>>8802090
At least it's not cal arts Thundercats Roar style.
>>
>>8802314
For anyone complaining about Evil Lyn's lack of leg, the Origins toy does have the classic thigh if you really need it. My guess is they'll do a more classic style Masterverse later.
>>
Origins eternia playset and all powers of grayskull dinosaurs confirmed
>>
>>8802334
That was likely for me from the start
>>
>>8802513
no fucking way
>>
>>8802513
Link or pics?
>>
File: Doge-historical.jpg (200 KB, 800x1035)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>8802406
>The lack of ankle pivoting on the doge is terrible
?
>>
File: Doge-meme.jpg (452 KB, 1732x1155)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>8802406
??
>>
>>8802535
Guy is talking about Origins Battle Cat. He's just a bit confused.
>>
>>8802328
If we couldn't get a Paul Dini Bruce Timm production, Genndy would have done an amazing job on He-Man.

https://youtu.be/FfXQbxFr6SE

I don't need it to be blood and guts like Primal, the main seasons of Samurai Jack proves he can do PG just as well.
>>
>>8802509
Yeah but the Origins is also an intentionally ugly homage to a 30 year old figure. Not a great trade off.
>>
I like Lyn. Never liked the pixy cut and the long stringy hair looks more 'witchy'. I think the robes suit the character's job class too. Would I prefer a more straight 200X look? Sure, but this isn't without merit. Battlecat looks fucking amazing though. I love the Zoid look.
>>
>>8802571
They'll more than likely get to Evil-Lyn in 200x or classic (or any other iteration where her legs are exposed) in Masterverse after this version. She's surely this way for a reason, given the fur collar, maybe isolated somewhere cold or something, which would explain the pants. Then again, bare arms, so who knows... could just be a design choice too.
>>
>>8802149
Too many clothes on Evil Lyn, what is she, shy?
>>
>>8802333
Best comment of the thread here.

So did that one faggot go and create another fucking group on fb for these reveals today? He only has 40 other groups dedicated to every sku they put out.
>>
>>8802594
>I think the robes suit the character's job class too.
>job class

Oh man, imagine if a story person at Mattel made a Final Fantasy III-style job system part of MOTU lore. So many variants to sell.
>>
>>8802609
Surprise, the Masterverse FB has been up since the original announcement at Power-Con.

Also, are the majority of He-Man fans a bunch of dirty boomers? I hate to use the term, but damn, from the comments, it really does feel like that. And to top it off, this place is the least boomery. What a twist.
>>
>>
>>8802644
You know, the worst part about the He-Man from Masterverse is his dopey looking head. What's up with the expression and how small it is? Hoping it's just the angle, and that once better product shots show up, it looks better. I think the other 2 are looking pretty good.
>>
>>8802641
The He-Man fanbase is almost entirely old men. The fans from the 200X days (like myself) or who just like the toys are a tiny minority.
>>
>>8802664
I fit into the latter. I didn't have a chance to watch the old show when I was young, and 200x wasn't available (though I watched it later, really enjoyed it), but at this point I'm pretty well versed as a fan of the series. My original attraction to the property definitely comes from the interesting characters, and that they make for cool toys.

I guess it's like those disgruntled TF fans that only want G1 and everything else is bad, but TF has had the benefit of more shows, movies, and more to cultivate a younger following on top of those kinds of people, while I guess MOTU hasn't had as much of a chance. Hopefully these new shows can help with that, along with the new fans of Origins.
>>
>>8802090
>>8802644
he looks like an Eternai Mini that got his head shrunk
>>
>>8802680
Kinda, ya, but I think it basically looks like an Origins figure. If that's the toyline I would not be too surprised. Someone in some FB group spoke like he knew what it was going to be, said they were akin to 200x, whatever that means, and that we'd know more Sunday. Could just be making up nonsense though.
>>
>>8802478
>at least these look better than the other show
LOL
>>
>>8802569
I've heard a lot of good stuff about this show... but this looks stupid as fuck.
>>
>>8802513
Don't tease me like this anon. I want to believe.
>>
>>8802730
It is way less retarded than any iteration of He-Man by a giant margin.
>>
>>8802644
The only thing I like about the top design is that the chest emblem looks like an H and M, the towers of Castle Grayskull, and a sword at the same time.
>>
File: F0ykN5e.jpg (125 KB, 1920x1080)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>8802090
>>
File: eensyweensy.gif (2.3 MB, 540x190)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB GIF
>>8802294
A return to 200X would've been great. These >>8802149 are not that, though. Looks like they're going with more realistic proportions, but the armor still has an '80s simplicity to it.

At least the 200X aesthetic added more details and features to the armor so they'd match the detailed bodies. But hey, it's the Masterverse, which means we'll probably get an ACTUAL 200X wave in the future. And I'm up for that. This first wave, not so much.
>>
>>8802184
This. Whatever they do design-wise must be done to the entire character. Body, armor, weapons, etc. You can't put '80s armor on a 200X body and stick the goofy '80s sword in its hand.
>>
>>8802207
So why are you shitposting in the NECA thread about Retroblasting? Funny how that started the minute you came back.
>>
>>8802239
>and he confessed to doing it on another site.
You keep making that up.
>>
>>8803174
I'm not in there anon, I don't spend all day on the internet, I was busy watching tv and eating dinner. I don't really post or visit the Neca thread, since I don't really care about them most of the time. Anytime I see or discuss Neca it's in TMNT General, second that particular youtuber is well known for picking fights with Neca collectors and there's a lot of shit flinging that I still see from his video he made targeting Neca. I hope that answers all your questions.
>>
>>8802513
Dont jerk me off dammit, that sounds too good to be true
>>
>>8802644
Skeletor and battle cat genuinely look the best of the four. Heman comes close to looking good, but his fucked head ruins it. Evil Lynn barely resembles herself, might aswell be a new character at this point.
>>
>>8802650
Hopefully the origin heads look decent on these 7 inch bucks
>>
Wil Mattel do anymore She-Ras outside of the Horde and the one She-Ra?
>>
>>8803255
Depends on how well Origins performs.

Still, there's always the customizers.
>>
>>8803241
Good-Lyn.
>>
>>8803255
an origin box art showed catra on her pink lion so i'd be surprised if they didn't
>>
>>8803227
You are such a liar. Jesus.
>>
>>8802324
I dunno, Basic He-man was pretty nicely articulated. It was mostly the ones with action features that suffered.
>>
>>8802324
i don't like the proportions of 200X. The toys and cartoon seem great tho
>>
>>8803341
Wait, if you don't like the proportions, but toys and cartoon look great, at what point do you not like the proportions?

The cartoon is good fun, should check it out if you have the chance. My favorite version of the franchise so far.
>>
>>8802513
I mean the 3 towers of the Eternia playset can be seen in the background of Stratos’ card back artwork. So at the very least Mattel is acknowledging it
>>
>>8803583
Also dinosaurs in recent WWE MOTU figures.
>>
>>8802644
I hope to fuck that these look better in hand. Because based on this photo, these are awful
>>
>>8802644
Both are abominations.
>>
>>8803583
>>
>>8802090
This feels more like New Adventures He-Man than old school. He-man's tiny pin head and meat block proportions is very distracting. It would have been better if it was more like Johnny Bravo's or something.

>>8802149
Sorta reminds me of 200X but the accompanying media makes me very uneasy.

I honestly like Origins the most atm.
>>
>>8802644
Skeletor looks great.
>>
>>8802644
I like the Evil-Lyn. He-Man's face looks awful. Skeletor's face looks nice. Is it just my eyes playing tricks on me from the poor quality, or does Skeletor look like he has a slight muffin top? Probably just the redesign and bad quality photo.
>>
>>8804168
Skeletor and He-Man are using the same buck, so it's just the low quality of the picture.
>>
>>8802149
Ew... They have potential, but I'm kinda disappointed with body proportions and the way 80's design aspects are being handled.
I thought I might be all-in on this line for the first waves, but I guess I'll decide on a per figure basis.
>>
>>8802644
so is this evil lyn the northern or southern water tribe?
>>
File: 1612632958211.png (64 KB, 434x245)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>8803986
Skeletor always looks great.
>>
>>8802310
Yet cara dune is what people will talk about
>>
>>8804506
Yeah cause she's not a cunt in the show. She was a solid addition to the series, and because of that she doesnt feel like a mouth piece. Thats why people want the toys of her. Most that is, others just want a muscle mommy. This evil lyn figure just falls into that same bad ass heroine cookie cutter mold.
>>
>>8804288
Exiled from both for being... evil.

Seriously though, we don't know why she's dressed this way, maybe it makes sense in the story. I feel like her abandoning the Evil Warriors is probably what's likely to have happened. Not sure how many years are supposed to have passed though, her hair is real long comparatively. Then again, she can probably just magic some hair if she likes.
>>
>>8804168
What do you like about lyn exactly? Im genuinely curious because she looks obscenely bland to me. She borders on not even fitting the motu aesthetic.
>>
>>8803289
Kek, Im glad im not the only one around here who loves the robot chicken skits. Imagine if they referenced that continuity in the masters multiverse.
>>
>>8803168
They almost resemble something out of young justice. I really hope revelations doesnt end up looking like one of the modern direct to video dc cartoons.
>>
>>8804536
>Im genuinely curious because she looks obscenely bland to me.
This. Honestly, she'll probably be fantastic for people who are buying into those DND figures Hasbro is doing. Not my thing, but I'm sure she'll be useful for more general fantasy displays.
>>
New thread

>>8804671
>>
>>8802090
Its so over designed it hurts to look at.
>>
>>8804688
Why are people so damn impatient? Wait until it hits page 10, asshat.
>>
>>8804540
If we can get Mo-Larr into Classics, we can get a name into Multiverse

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.