[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Old; >>8759125

Fattimus is coming to be more anime than the anime super mode debut prime, super mode prime is cracking up, kups are pieces of shit, and purple potatos crumble. But pexus is primo and CNY puts a pregnant pause on all parcel post processing, and plastic prices climb after Tariff wars.
>>
Word of advice to anybody planning on buying Nonnef's Sunstreaker upgrade set.

DON'T. The spoiler's are poorly engineered and the connection points break no matter if you attach them high or low.

If you just want the guns then go ahead, but if you want the spoiler, consider other options.
>>
>>8769361
That's a shame, you should report this issue to him yourself he takes QC seriously
>>
>>8768736
>>8768759
considering the grill parts on roadking are diecast I'm wondering if it's actually vac metal or literally chromed metal. Because if it's actual chrome that would explain how it held up without any damage.
>>
I really want to see some 3p company do a real good Armada Hotshot.
If they can pull off the space marine look, with good poseability, and the wheel cannon, i would def buy it.
One of my favorite transformers designs.
>>
>>8769361
Well, it was the least interesting option anyway, the sets that come with leg fillers look better.
>>
>>8769355
oh damn i love playing that on ps2
>>
>>8769361
I don't think I realized the new chug lambos didn't have spoilers. I honestly kind of like the spoilerless look for countachs, wish some MP did that.
>>
File: 20210211_114133.jpg (1.05 MB, 2560x1440)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
So got some bots in today
Quick aside on magnus
Cons
I feel the legs needed to be a smidge longer to keep out of the way of the hands.
I feel nervous about the long term longevity of the arms, having all the tension of moving the arms on the butterfly joints seems like a bad idea.
Pros
Going off the last con I feel this is fantastically poseable, amazing seeing a bulky bot move this freely.
All the tampo paint is clean and great.

Now for the tt hongli datsun set
Pros
This set was cheap $40 for the two is honestly not that bad of a deal
Has a lot of paint apps.
The plastic is nice and dense.
Transformation works well and the cars are completely different from each other.
Cons
Articulation is massively stunted, prowl is lifting his arms as high as they will go. There is no waist joint, and the head barely moves and has a plank right behind it making it worse.
While the paint is plentiful ii is not clean, bubbles in one spot smudged in others.
Accessories feel like they were taken from a ko, thin unpainted and not even 5mm.
Size is odd, think small chug I wonder if these were blown up legends toys. I think I would rather the earthrise datsons honestly
I don't know where these things came from honestly, they feel like third party toys from the time of early fansproject, like before the insecticons even.
>>
File: 20210211_132301.jpg (1.98 MB, 4624x3468)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
First mmc piece. Truck mode is compact. Came with a extra set of guns.
>>
File: 20210211_133340.jpg (1.96 MB, 4624x3468)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
Robot mode is good. Like. Good. Looks great standing still, tight joints but not worryingly tight. Feels good in hand.
>>
File: 20210211_133645.jpg (2.1 MB, 4624x3468)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
Like others have said great articulation and balance. Just messing around with him a bit right now.
>>
File: 20210211_133837.jpg (2.09 MB, 4624x3468)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>
>>8770601
Goddamn, even the foot is articulated.
>>
>>8770594
Can the guns go anywhere in truck form?
>>
>>8770912
Yeah, they connect by the handles and lay flat on top.
>>
>>8770598
>tight joints but not worryingly tight. Feels good in hand.
I opened this guy up a couple days ago and I'm still not sure what to think. The articulation is great overall, but yeah, the thighs, knees, and biceps are spooky tight. I straight up can't rotate the bicep swivel without gripping it at the shoulder like it's jar of olives or something. There MIGHT be a screw I can loosen under a cover, but I haven't been able to get at it yet. A couple other weird choices I think I hate: there's a molded piece on the back of his thighs that almost completely blocks the swivel there unless his legs are a click or two to the side, or dropped down. Same with the biceps, the swivel is molded in a circle like normal except a quarter inch of it is flattened and won't rotate unless you move his arm out a bit. Also there's almost no forward butterfly range at the shoulders.

Otherwise, everything is normal to great. The torso is amazing, the hands work well but his options are extremely limited vs just using 5mm fists, and he balances like a champ. The hip skirts are a little sketchy, but the way they move out of the way with the legs as he kicks forward is amazing and makes every other optimus look like amateur hour. It's just that posing him feels like he's fighting me half the time.
>>
>>8771265
try moving the biceps a little outward first before rotating them, there isn't enough clearance to be comfortable otherwise imo
>>
File: 1432551235150.jpg (110 KB, 800x600)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Armadafag here. I hate almost everything Fanshobby did with Naval Commander. I don't think this is me being a sunbow geewunner since I pretty much wanted a stylized take on Armada Prime that fixed his major issues. Unfortunately every spin FH came up with just turns me away from it.
>>
>>8771268
Yea like I said, it's doable, but kind of a pain in the ass. And then moving the arm out makes it harder for him to bring the arm across the chest. I have no idea how much of this is nitpicking and how much is frustration that he can't do semi basic stuff. Like with as many joints as this guy has, he shouldn't have this much trouble two-handing his gun.
>>
>>8771285
Same, I wish they went the route of the game, but some guy is making a 3d printer model, so we'll have at least one option.
>>
>>8770400
>I feel nervous about the long term longevity of the arms, having all the tension of moving the arms on the butterfly joints seems like a bad idea.

I'm not too worried about that, the arm joints aren't horribly tight and you can always just holding him by the chest panels while moving the arms anyway. My only real concerns with this figure are the fingers, I find them super tight even after trying to put lube on them, I'm not going to be surprised if I got to move them and they just crack off.

Other than that though the tolerances on IF Magnus seem really good.
>>
>>8770601
>>8770607
I knew he had great balance from some other shots I saw, but I didn't know he could fucking stand on the wall...
>>
>>8771285
just wait for takara bro
>>
>>8772045
Might be a long wait unfortunately.
>>
Ho ho ho ho ho
>>
Deez nutz?
>>
>>8772115
Still wish I could grab one of their Mirage's without it being Cartoon style. TE doesn't really do it for me.
>>
>>8772115
What Star Convoy is that? I've been looking for a good one.
>>
>>8772195
It's the yet-to-be-released one from MMC. Those are all products of theirs.
>>
>>8772196
>no base mode
Dammit, it looked so close to being perfect.
>>
>>8772185
It's definitely one to look out for if you're into hybrid style MPs, shame they're only reissueing the toon version because it just looks really boring.
>>
>>8772252
>base mode
Isn't his base mode literally him doing the splits with his arms up.
>>
I just bought a Maketoys Galaxy Meteor but I’ve heard it’s got serious QC issues? Should I just flip it and not risk opening the box?
>>
>>8772640
I couldn't speak about anything serious in terms of QC for my own copy. The thing that's weird about him is how his alt mode just turns out a bit gap-y.
>>
File: Long Ravage.jpg (142 KB, 1120x1281)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>8769355
I finally got my replacement leg from Showz for Ravage, they didn't even tell me it was sent so it was a surprise to get it today.
It took awhile but it's nice to finally have.
>>
Las91214 is making some more of his Bird/Binary stuff:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1554y1W7Vr
>>
>>8773599
Where is the first one
>>
>>8773599
(He’s posted some more pics on his Twitter and Weibo)
>>
>>8773643
>>8773619
He’s various prototypes of that one futuristic semi-truck(?) one posted on his various social medias.
>>
>>8773654
I’ll go scrounge up som pics of it.

He also has numerous designs he’s modeled out but hasn’t turned into physical prototypes yet.

(Not sure if the plane one, which has already been released is part of Bird/Binary or some other series/IP that he’s part of.)
>>
>>8773654
No i mean wasn't he the one who worked with firebird on that black robot? Did that one even come out?
>>
>>8773672
Pretty sure that one’s at least out in some countries base on the number of in hand pics I’ve seen around Twitter:
https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=大火鳥玩具の&src=typed_query&f=image

It’s called “Kalavinka”, a bunch of 3P vender have it marked as shipping some time around this March.
>>
>>8773671
There’s also this design.
>>
>>8773687
>>
>>8773672
Speaking of BFB, they posted these (and alternate color schemes) on their Twitter, in celebration of the Chinese New Year:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Phoenix_BFB/status/1360013433177972739
I’m guessing there aren’t any current plans to make or produce either of them, but they’re still cool, and you never know.
>>
>>8773732
>>
>>8773732
>>8773736
I honestly dont care at this given the problems their combiner had
>>
>>8773387
That is a cute picture anon,
I am glad your Ravage is in good shape now
>>
>>8773754
But the combiner isn't even released yet?
>>
>>8773803
They pushed it back from its initial date a month ago because there were qc issues with the combiner. I think there was a video someone pyt out on a weibo that a an initial review but i can't find it at the moment.
>>
>Look up MMC Sphinx on eBay
>all the listings from UK
Is this a trend I wasn't aware of?
>>
File: safe_image.php.jpg (205 KB, 1280x668)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upf9GrKBTFw
Ben's take on Cang Toys' Divebomb.
>>
>>8773736
From last year I believe.
>>
>>8774253
Absolute unit, gonna be tricky handling it because im worried about messing up the paint on the wings
>>
>>8774314
Nitrile gloves and straight into a Detolf.
>>
>>8773387
Holy shit, that's a way to sell me on getting a soundwave, showing ravage being a cat.
>>
>>8773672
>>8773685
Kalavinka came out, but there were some QC issues. Hope it doesn't affect any future releases. Would love to get a toy this beefy guy >>8773687.
>>
File: 1523850419247.gif (1.84 MB, 245x210)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
Welp, TCP have shipped my pexus...and my Locke...Wish my luck lads.
>>
>>8774253
That guy seems tolerable
>>
>>8773732
>>8773736
Oh goody, more cute girl designs that we’ll never fucking see in plastic form
>>
>>8773838
This preview?
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ft4y1v73A
The design team are the ones conversing with the reviewer in that video. It wasn't due to QC issues but mostly them trying to tweak the proportions of all 3 modes so they'll look right. e.g. They tried to integrate the Bike-girl's hands into the transformation but they would had to make them disproportionately small so their current plan is to omit the hands from the bike transformation completely (partsforming). It's in "development hell" for lack of a better term.
>>
>>8775144
I'm still mad they made the tank red. Green might not have looked great on the combined form, but it at least wasn't the same exact color at the character it attaches to. They could have at least done like a maroon or something.
>>
File: IMG_20210213_175413.jpg (975 KB, 2638x1758)
975 KB
975 KB JPG
Black Power Baser came in. I really like this thing so much even just sitting there in truck mode. It's no wonder even Kuma Style gave it a 9.5/10 despite his often being unforgiving on non-Japanese bots. Then again he gave Double Evil a 7/10, which does make me a bit concerned about my preorder since he mentions how it can be wobbly.
>>
>>8775578
>Then again he gave Double Evil a 7/10, which does make me a bit concerned about my preorder since he mentions how it can be wobbly.

DE is 95% fantastic but his ankles can barely support his weight.
>>
>>8775579
Can you at least give him a bit of a bend on the knees and give him a wider stance to help him stand?
>>
File: overcokes.jpg (1.6 MB, 2592x1944)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
>>8775579
>>8775578
Now, I have him boxed up at moment, so I can't validate his standing (to be fair, where I had him was in a narrow Billy section), but what I can say, is that his left side tank flap very much did not like to stay tabbed on his leg.
>>
>>8775585
You can have him stand straight up and be sturdy enough if you angle everything right, its just an awkward balancing act.
>>
>>8775586
I've seen that happen on Kuma and peaugh's. One of them was the right one and the other was the left. Hopefully FH has fixed those panels and the ankles on the 2021 reissue.
>>
>>8775578
Stop making me want the Power Baser, just stop it!
>>
>>8775585
Yeah, if you give him a minor power squat he'll stay up with no issues. Just takes a little time to get him settled every time you repose him.
>>
File: IMG_20210213_214010-01.jpg (1.25 MB, 2780x2234)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>8775617
What's that? You want me to post more pictures?

Believe it or not he is actually leaning to the front quite a bit in this pic, but no wobble whatsoever. Very easy to get him in cool poses even for a poselet like myself.
>>
Transcraft's Bee just came into stock at my local store. What's the consensus here on him? Should I pull the trigger lads?
>>
File: beeb.jpg (387 KB, 1024x1365)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>8775919

No big QC issues aside from paint on the back of the extra head. He's got an awesome robot mode that nails the Bee movie look better than any transforming bot. Vehicle mode is a bit compromised. Not super hard to transform but not near as elegant as a UT movie fig. Paint is divisive but the muddy effect works from a distance. If they produce a clean version I'll likely grab that as a replacement.

My biggest issue with it is the knee guards moving for no reason and I expected more from the fingers for its asking price.
>>
>>8775960
My biggest issue is that despite the accuracy of everything, he has NO DOORS.
>>
Just copped this guy off eBay, anything I should be aware of?
>>
>>8776041
He's VERY pointy so mind out for the longevity of his wings and your fingers. That aside he's IIRC one of the better early-3Ps out there so have fun.
>>
>>8776041

Some parts and tabs are thin. Others are sharp. Just be careful.
>>
>>8776041
Be careful with him, both for the sake of the figure and for the sake of your fingers because he's sharp as fuck. Otherwise, he's a lot of fun. Bitchin robot mode, alt mode is kind of a nonsensical mess but in a fun way, and he's a really unique piece. He's one of the older third party entries and it shows in his engineering but he still holds up fairly well.

I remember these guys were going for pretty damn cheap on tfsource for a while not too long ago and I'm honestly surprised they did because they're still pretty worth owning at least one of.
>>
>>8773838
Isn't that a good thing though? Would you rather a company shove a product out the door for the sake of it or would you rather that delay it after issues are found on the preview samples so they can try to address them? If anything, the fact that they pulled back and delayed it should be a GOOD sign for the combined mode because it means they actually care about releasing a solid product. I mean that's kind of the point of preview samples.
>>
File: sdfsdf.jpg (432 KB, 910x1271)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>8775144
Honestly I'm happy for them to take as long as then need if it means we end up with the best possible end-product. For example the stage-base/cockpit they recently added to the twins which really improves the vehicle mode.
>>
>>8776489
I can't believe they make these poor girls sing into microphones made of concentrated frozen piss
>>
File: file.png (485 KB, 941x633)
485 KB
485 KB PNG
>>8776504
I think the idea is that it's meant to be made out of energy, but yeah it totally just ends up looking like a piece of transparent corn on the cob.
>>
Now hold up, I thought they had their own factory? Also TCP slapped an all sales final disclaimer on locke and they may be getting spare parts. XTB should just give them brand new figs to send to customers.
>>
>>8775617
There's also the Marvel add-on too!
>>
Combiner?
More like Coombiner
>>
Did anyone ever make a regular fusion cannon for tyrantron? I pulled mine down again to see how he looked next to optis, and I think that's my biggest single problem with him.
>>
>>8776550
That's not really how it works in China, even when a brand outright claims they have their own factory, it almost always means they are just a bunch of idea guys and salesmen having a long term contract with one or more no name manufacturer. They don't even necessarily have their own design team and could have subcontracted the design work to yet another party. A brand's figures can have parts produced by multiple factories and a factory can produce either some parts or entire figures for multiple brands.
>>
>>8776550
what happened to fuck you just glue it back together?
>>
>>8775966
jesus people will fucking cry about literally anything.
>>
>released years ago
I don't care it has retarded fake brands on it, literally best 3rd party jazz in existence.
>>
>>8777080
Can confirm, my brother is our expat engineer for our subsidiary company and frequently contracts work out to these "factories".

You know how your uncle Dean has a 2 stall auto body garage in the alley way? Well in China your uncle Sheng has a 2 stall auto body garage, too. Except on one side of the shop is metal fab machinery and the other side is filled head to toe with hundreds upon hundreds of various molds / tooling plates for God knows whatever random part they were hired to make for whatever company literally all over the world.
My bro went to a tiny little shop to contract some aluminum & abs pieces, and he found rows of Briggs & Stratton motors that are used for US lawn mowers. And next to them he found Warhammer 40k molds which he thought I'd get a kick out of. They don't give a fuck if someone has the means to do it they'll do it or they'll subcontract it until it's done.
>>
File: file.png (2.08 MB, 2048x1152)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
>>8777458
Man I hope Maketoys is really alive. Their Acid Storm and Starscream EX already got delayed and apparently the remaining coneheads are getting spread out until next year. I know the original announced release date was never going to happen but this is still concerning.
>>
>>8776489
It sucks because these look really cool, but I can't shake the feeling that the designer wants to fuck underage girls
>>
>>8777516
>They don't give a fuck if someone has the means to do it they'll do it or they'll subcontract it until it's done
They sure will...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-50137450
>>
>>8776550
>X-Transbots
>QC has been shit for nearly a decade
>Newest product also has laughably shit QC

Anyone who's surprised by this at this point brought it on themselves.
>>
File: IMG_20210213_081634435.jpg (2.06 MB, 4096x2304)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
FINALLY, god it's been how long since they've first been announced?
>>
File: IMG_20210213_082210240.jpg (1.71 MB, 4096x2304)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
QC is pretty eh but I didn't have any major problems. The stress marks on Breakdown's spoiler as well as the stress on the leg pegs where the pin goes in seems like a pretty much universal thing, but I'm not too worried about it. The bumpy areas on the insides of the legs are pretty weird though.

The only actual issue I had was that one of Wildrider's arm swivels was deformed so as to be squared off somehow, which completely blocked it from turning until I popped it out and trimmed off the corners.
>>
File: IMG_20210213_075812330.jpg (1.59 MB, 2304x4096)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
the swivel in question, how does this even happen?
>>
File: IMG_20210213_074015217.jpg (2.09 MB, 4096x2304)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
Honestly don't think they're too bad for little car bots. Like ignoring any QC failings they're fine from a design standpoint, they just seem to have suffered from being rushed out before CNY rather than really just being a half-assed release. The only issues I'd take with them is that the ab joints are kind of awkward, the knees and elbows stop at 90 degrees, and the blue paint from Breakdown's feet bleeds through the roof of the car pretty blatantly. If it weren't for being a bit of a QC gamble I think more people would be happier with these as simple and effective car bots.
>>
File: 20210131_182855.jpg (186 KB, 1504x1000)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>8777794
Oh, so that's why that swivel felt weird. The other molding issues were due to them swapping to ABS but that mushroom peg hinge is still nylon I believe.
>>
File: IMG_20210214_081046550.jpg (2.15 MB, 4096x2304)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
At least the awkward ab joint makes for a pretty good limbo joint.

>>8777799
yeah one arm was stiff at first but started moving fine after forcing it, but the other just would not budge at all for me so I had to take it out to investigate and saw that it was squared like that. really odd.
>>
>>8777521
>Devil Stinger aka Black Zarak reissue never ever
>Dystopia aka Metrotitan reissue never ever
I'm not sure why DX9 had to kill themselves and Maketoys are in sort of a coma when Fans Hobby have been chugging along with their collection of niche characters. Well-made niche characters obviously, but I don't think their slice of the pie was ever even that big compared to the aforementioned guys.
>>
>>8778061
DX9 was due disagreements between the design team and the owner&factory over QC, prices, direction and possibly even their shit getting KOed to hell. It's not really dead, the factory can still do reissues if they want to just that the designers will no longer benefit from it.
>>
>>8777790
>it's been how long since they've first been announced?
Mid-October 2017, with their "release numbers" being 11-15.
>>
File: galv.jpg (241 KB, 1024x1116)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>8778134

They're reissuing Challenger with more paint and like $50 more but the MTO Galvatron is MIA.
>>
>>8777544
shortstacks are not lolis or children, dude

if you look at a hip to waist ratio like that and see children the problem is with you
>>
File: FansHobby Fan.jpg (51 KB, 720x960)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>8778061
>Fans Hobby
Fans Hobby's '88/Masterforce characters are still safely mainstream in mainland China. You can say that their Ginrai and Overlord have been carrying their brand. Besides that, they seem to have really good relationships with their factories.
>>
File: 1585963035145.png (137 KB, 458x302)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>toydojo restocked IF Chonk Magnus
Feels good, man.
>>
>>8779112
Salami Doordash looks thrilled about it too.
>>
>recently bought both camo ST Commanders
>love them
Fuck, now I want more military style figures to go with them.
>>
I finally saw some newage stuff in person and holy shit they're tiny. They look really nice but $100 leaf bux for a Soundwave that small is too much for me.
>>
I keep looking at the Kang Toys Predaking guys but I keep hesitating on it because in the reviews I see they joints are all said to be tight and squeaking. Makes me nervous something would break.

Have there been any problems or breakages found with the two, soon to be three, that are out?

I really like their look but combiners are always something I feel its hard to collect since you have to have faith it won't flop or not be finished by the end or that problem's won't develop down the line.
>>
>>8779305
Yeah you kind of have to make the disconnection between size and value when it comes to figures sometimes. I still find Newage to be particularly expensive though, I think I used a discount code when I got my soundwave from them to knock it down to like 40$.
>>
>>8779398
People complain about squeaky joints a lot but is that actually an indication that its being stressed too much?
>>
>>8778170
I love this design, wish it got more love.
>>
>>8779468
It is stressed but that's cause the joint is too tight. Just apply a bit of shock oil or something
>>
>>8779398
I can't I've had any issues with mine, but they're currently boxed up at the moment. It can be quite a bit of a crawl, but sometimes it does come down to looking through a TFW thread to see what's being reported.
>>
>>8771285
Do you know that feel when something is so very close to what you want, but then not quite? NC is that for me. Super mode doesn't bother me, I think the stylized look works there, and the truck is fine for what it is. Then there's the normal robot that rubs me the wrong way and I don't even know why.
>>
>>8772056
Surely they can't just reboot Generations next year with new trilogy and new versions of the same figures?
>>
>>8778337
Ah yeah, I completely forgot that no matter what we believe, the mainland Chinese TF fandom are the main target demographic for 3P. What might be niche for us is not necessarily niche in China.
>pic
Isn't this dude a reviewer? I think I've seen multiple pics of him with TFs before this one but I keep forgetting the name of his channel.

>>8779212
Patrician taste, anon. The STC-01B has more diecast guns but the STC-01NB has what in my opinion is the cooler camo and a chonkier hyper mode.
>>
>>8780033
He's Ady Kung, a legit Taiwanese bodybuilder. He doesn't do reviews but another big Taiwanese TF reviewer visited and filmed his man-cave before. The collection is legit too and mostly UNSEALED.
>>
>>8780044
>build a career out of lifting
>use the money to collect rare TFs and to feed your qt3.16 wife and daughter
I checked his Instagram and dude seems like a real chad. Thanks for shedding the light on him, anon.
>>
>>8769355
whats the best car?
>>
>>8779864
Kek. I'm not even a fan of the Armada Optimus design, and I loved the prototype that Takara showed us, but the lack of info since then isn't a good sign.
>>
He's on his way. What am I in for, lads?
>>
>>8780044
He's hot too. I wanna service him.
>>
>>8781298
Chonky fun
>>
>order BMB prime and Kalavinka at the end of December from showz
>Ships from china early January
>Arrives in new york Jan 15th
>February 14th
> it's probably at my local USPS in California by now
>New Update: "Your package has arrived at the new jersey distribution center.
>>
File: XTB kup.jpg (177 KB, 848x1130)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
was surprised he arrived today being a holiday. So far looks like I have a winner QC wise. Don't think I'll dare transforming him though. Though the temptation is there. Will post more thoughts as they sink in. I will say right off the bat the hands are crap as far as holding the weapons. The small hands don't hold the gun and the larger "mickey mouse" hands don't hold the sharkticon tail.
>>
File: kup 2.jpg (188 KB, 848x1130)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>
>>8781637
I like that the tail was added as an accessory. are the targetmasters as bad as the reviews make them out to be? does yours have the tab that blocks the handles, anon?
>>
Couldn’t say no to Optus Pexus anymore and decided to order it before it sells out. I’m curious to see any unexpected repainted/retools, but I prefer classic Prime colors to Magnus/Nemesis/SG.

I think the main thing holding me back was that it would seem redundant to Striker Manus, but seeing them side by shows how much more advanced/smooth Pexus is.

>>8781298
You’re in for IF’s best figure imo. Between him, Transcraft Bumblebee, and MMC Pexus 2021 has already been wild.
>>
Seems like Pexus can either look pretty awkward like >>8781670 or insanely dynamic like pic related, just since it has so goddamn much articulation.
>>
>>8781670
>I’m curious to see any unexpected repainted/retools, but I prefer classic Prime colors to Magnus/Nemesis/SG.
I was hoping to wait for a metallic repaint, but that's less likely than what you've listed even though it is an ez repaint.
He looks a lot more muted and less saturated than some of the promo shots made him out to be, so I might be alright. Never liked Optimus' normal colours because some companies make the red/blue too bright, so it looks kind of cheap (especially if it's bare plastic).
>>
>>8781652
While the tolerances aren't as bad as I've seen with limbs popping off, but they feel like cheap KO's. One of them has excess glue seeping from the knee. Haven't seen a review that transforms them so I can't comment on how he holds them.
>>
>>8777521
> Their Acid Storm and Starscream EX already got delayed
Fuck I was looking forward to either of those.
>>
>>8778170
>>8779470
people can shit on the movies all they want, the 3rd party bayformers are my favorite. Visual Toys Lockdown is the best one in the bunch with no qc issues that I can tell (though I don't fiddle with it that often, I just love the glossy black over UT's version)
>>
>>8781723
>people can shit on the movies all they want, the 3rd party bayformers are my favorite.
Some of the designs weren't exactly well thought out in terms of transformation. What some 3rd parties have managed to pull of in terms of engineering is commendable, they've turned the inside-out transformations into an art form, which is the only way many of the movie designs can be managed with any degree of accuracy.
>>
>>8781635
>was surprised he arrived today being a holiday
Only applies to the post office -- UPS / FedEx / DHL are probably all on their normal rounds.
>>
>>8781678
Unlike Ricky Bobby, he knows what to do with his hands.
>>
>>8778170
UT != DX9
>>
>>8781714
TFS have them listed for a March release so hopefully that's true for at least one of them.
>>
I found this Chinese site called Uncle Billy, are they legit or did I lose money?
>>
>>8783197
They're legit, one of the best sites for 3P stuff IIRC.
>>
>>8783197
Legit but messy BUT somehow works despite the mess. There's also some scams imitating them and drop-shippers leeching from them making it even more messy.

I prefer to use their verified Taobao shop (but taobao is another rabbit hole...). They are notable because they are quite an old player in Mainland China and are the official distro for Ocean Decals. They also have exclusives by Dr Wu, X2toys and some smaller 3Ps.
>>
File: 5353535.png (35 KB, 579x362)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
I didn't know 3D Print guy was working for them now. That's interesting.
>>
>>8783203
>>8783218
I got a shipped email but it's for stuff I didn't order, is this normal?
>>
>>8783837
Fuck yeah. Hope MMC actually produces his legends scale Lugnut/Blackout (that is the same guy right??)
>>
>>8778170
Jesus when am I actually going to get this guy
>>
>>8781723
I wish a company made a solid movie Sideswipe. There's the BMB Sideswipe at best but apparently it's mediocre.
More annoyed that they ditched him from the actual movies randomly, his design is sex
>>
>>8778257
>You see your honor she's actually a thousand years old
Yeah ok bud.
>>
>>8784120
Good thing it's not fucking real lol
>>
>>8777544
I think that's just you Anon... seek help please.
>>
>>8784113
Yeah I have that one and it's hard to complain when I got it for $30 with no discounts from ali. Some really stupid design choices for sure though. I like to collect the cars exclusively and will kill for a 3rd party AOE Stinger.
>>
>>8784137
>>8784135
>>8784120
shut up
>>8783883
I would definitely contact them. They've sent me the wrong thing before (just a wrong decal sheet, nothing significant) but my order confirmation was fine.
Hopefully it's just an incorrect email thing
>>
>>8784135
there's a reason why you're a kissless virgin and it's totally unrelated to your child fetish anon. Totally unrelated.
>>
something up with daims FB page or is it just more fuckery on their part?
>>
>>8784001
Yes, that's him!
I am almost sure they will take his ideas, maybe varied. Kind of hyped. It seems he is looking forward to a lot of stuff he can't talk about so I am curious about the next batch of bots MMC will announce. Now that their Optimus, DJD and such is out the only thing I know about is Deathsaurus who was already announced ages ago and Rung.
>>
I appreciate the fact that Naval Commander comes in a tribute/knock-off of Armada Prime's box.
>>
>>8784099
Never. He's not going to be allowed to be made.
>>
>>8785667
I definitely noticed it was all fucked up earlier this morning, but it seems fine now? Just has a whole bunch of posts timestamped from way earlier in the day.
>>
>>8772635
His chest and legs also opened up.
>>
>>8784001
I only have one MMC (stray/drift with the repaint) and although I love the paint job and the giant shoulders eventually grew on me, I hate the plastic they used. Durable? Very, but the weight and feel of it doesn't feel right to me.
>>
>>8785577
>>
>>8785577
Shut up Frank
>>
>>8784120
>>8784819
>>8785577
Do you people seriously not have anything better to do than get bent out of shape over someone's toys? God, you people are more pathetic than the coomers, I swear
>>
>>8786521
nigga the fuck did i do, i just told somebody to confirm their email
>>
>>8786778
Ah whoops, included you by mistake looking through the replies. My bad, that doesn't apply to you
>>
File: IMG_20210215_222605160.jpg (1.92 MB, 4096x2304)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
God please don't make fun of his knee brace he just started having to wear it and he's really self conscious about it
>>
>>8786821
I can do well enough on my days off without mine, but if I'm working, it's gotta be on.
>>
File: IMG_20210216_065410355.jpg (1.72 MB, 2304x4096)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>
>>8786821
It's not all bad, is it? I've been thinking of plonking on FT's Menasor because DX9 and XTB's look juuust a bit off to me. Like they wanted to make a slightly stylized G1 instead of pure G1 but somehow made it look worse.
>>
File: this is a pose I guess.jpg (1.74 MB, 2304x4096)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>8786932
I think he's alright, he's not really much special compared to the other 3 stunticons out so far though. He's pretty solid in hand, nothing really feels fiddly or fragile about him, but the articulation on him is kind of disappointing, I find he doesn't pose very well.

I understand a sacrifice to his knee joints and not having an ab joint for the sake of how they're handling the combined configuration, but a simple single hinge ankle joint is kind of limiting and the elbows are high up on the arms and give them a disproportionate appearance when bent. His chin also stops his head from being able to turn a full 180 degrees too which is a bit silly.

He still feels and looks nice, but after Motormaster and Breakdown, to a lesser extent Wildrider, were all so well articulated and posable, it is a bit of a let down in that regard. I think if you were to go all in on the Fanstoys stunticons and Started with Dragstrip first it would kind of give a bad impression of the rest of the set.
>>
File: IMG_20210216_142418258.jpg (1.93 MB, 2304x4096)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
I'd be lying if I said didn't wish he had a button on his waist to pop him in half but not having to partsform to be an arm bot for Menasor is still pretty interesting.
>>
File: IMG_20210216_142443215.jpg (2.11 MB, 2304x4096)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
One minor concern with this combined configuration is that it's kind of easy to bend the elbow in a way that makes the hinge get stuck like this, I'm hoping the shell for the arm that covers this will also help guide the joint to make sure it doesn't bend improperly.
>>
>>8771285
I know what you mean man. I got the full FH Archenemy set since RID Scourge is my favorite character, and it's sjut so mediocre for how much he costs. FH is really overrated.
>>
File: IMG_20210216_141754754.jpg (1.93 MB, 2304x4096)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
This car mode is pretty good though, it's pretty easy to make all 6 wheels connect with the ground and he rolls great. He's pretty easy to transform for the most part but it's really stiff getting everything to close up and click together when you join the top and bottom halves together. There's actually 2 clips connecting the back of the legs to the drivers seat that I couldn't get to go in at all so I ended up bitching out and trimming those clips with a knife instead of just forcing it. If I had any concern with this figure it would be accidentally hamhanding him in half trying to push and pull his halves apart while transforming him.
>>
File: IMG_20210216_141822271.jpg (1.84 MB, 2304x4096)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
Pretty inconsequential but I like how the underside is still clean and sleek like the shin bots
>>
>>8786982
Same, even with the trailer I can’t help but think my old Scourge just looks cooler.
>>
Naval Commander seems like a QC mess with all the cracked hinges and side skirts shearing off
>>
>>8786987
>>8786994
I think it's pretty dumb that there's a tiny gap on his front because the front of the car closes around so close to his head. Like either just set the head like a half mm farther back on his neck or just make the front slightly higher. It's a really silly thing to do.
>>
File: mors1.jpg (89 KB, 637x960)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
I'm a retarded paranoid bitch, do I still need to worry about things like GPS? Apparently the last modern case was 2015 (Motormaster), which is really recent, so I'm skeptical about the gold arms on this figure.

Also the fact that MMC messed up with their Cynicus
>>
File: explodingknees.jpg (57 KB, 700x700)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>8787039
I haven't kept up on news on Mors, or the others, but it seems that Cynicus was the outlier in terms of crumbling. As always, it can be a bit of a beast, but if you're willing to trudge through it, the TFW threads are basically your best chance at getting a wide enough swath of any issues.

(Picture unrelated to Mors)
>>
>>8787018
I was really excited for him but holy shit the amount of issues people are finding on tfw is crazy.
>>
File: 1576434986899.gif (1.29 MB, 400x300)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>8772115
Info on that Cliffjumper? Compared to Takara MP Bumblebee 1.0 and 2.0 molds it looks like a perfect middleground between the 1.0's simplicity and 2.0's animation accuracy. Does this version of Cliffy also have a Bumblebee counterpart?
>>
>>8787409
That's MMC Hellion. Pretty solid figure but really tricky to transform. On top of being a good Cliffjumper with good articulation and the full suite of cliffjumper accessories, his alt mode has a modeled interior which is really cool for a transforming figure that small.

If you're not put off by his looks (personally I think he's a bit ugly in some areas) I'd definitely recommend him if you just want a Cliffjumper MP that makes for a good toy though. Unfortunately they never did a matching Bumblebee.
>>
>>8780044
Can you post the link to the Ady Kung collection vid/vids? Just tried to look for them but found nothing, probably because the vid titles in Taiwanese..
>>
>>8787520
https://www.bilibili.com/s/video/BV1Kx411b7hz
The guy doing the visit has a YT channel too (lichlute) but I can't seem to find the same vid. His channel got stolen and nuked so the archives are incomplete there.
>>
>>8787018
>>8787206
These companies should just stop trying to force out product before CNY. Sure people are gonna be pissed about delays but that’s better than sending everyone blatantly unfinished figures
>>
>>8787502
>Hand forms the seat
Genius.
Also, how long does Robotkingdom take to process orders in general? I managed to snag the G2 Menasor upgrade from them and 5 days later it's still listed as "processing". I'm a Bong so I can expect the shipping to take a while (though I did go with EMS as I had the cash to burn).
>>
>>8787584
It's still CNY holiday till this weekend
>>
>>8787502
God damn, that engineering is just making me need him.
>>
File: 20210218_081841.jpg (161 KB, 720x1489)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>8787502
So, this is a thing?
>>
>>8787553
Thats pretty much why I held off on buying any 3p that came out at the tailend of 2020/jan.
>>
>>8787553
>>8788102
It's the same shit year after year. These people in all probability lurk TFW and see thousands of posts around November to January each year, all saying the same thing in various tunes of "hope I can get item X before CNY".
>>
>>8787088
Yeah there doesn't seem to be any widespread QC problems, but I guess it's too early to know.
More bothered by the lack of ankle tilts, the fug MMC?
>>
File: 2019-10-25 14.12.44.jpg (1.78 MB, 1909x1249)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>8787502
>>8787934
I feel the X-transbots offering is better. The backpack is less annoying in hand.
>>
>>8788905
If you want something that's better as a counterpart to the original MP Bumblebee sure but it's a pretty boring design.
>>
File: 1524438398529.png (193 KB, 571x586)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>8786322
Just checked for the first time today and there's nothing there. Hope something hasn't happened, he's literally the only source I know of for 3P news.
>>
>>8788102
>>8788145
I’m usually smarter than this but I’m waiting on Transart’s TM Cheetor and dreading whether mine will have the known looseness/pegging issues
>>
>>8789208
If it's just looseness and pegging issues there are easy remedies for it. Future polish or just nail polish to help with the loose stuff, and silicone shock oil or a bit of sandpaper for the tabs that refuse to peg because they're too big for the slot. I've had to tinker to varying degrees with almost every single 3P figure I own, including the much raved about Constructor to the point that I fully expect to have to do some shit whenever a new one arrives.

More mechanical issues like overly loose ratchets and misassembled parts, or design flaws like the broken hinge due to its positioning causing unnecessary stress every time it's manipulated on Naval Commander are a whole different issue, those are down to lackluster product testing during the prototype stage and poor design decisions, and of course bad QC.
>>
What's the best Bruticus? Looking at MMC's.
>>
>>8789551
As an owner of both zeta and MMC get the MMC. They're also making a defensor and you do want a defensor for him to square off against right?!
>>
>>8770598
Which one is this?
>>
>>8789551
Zeta if you only care about combined mode and want the best combined mode. MMC is best overall.
>>
>>8789565

>>8789557

I'll take a look, I hope I don't have to break the bank since toy dojos got most of them out of stock.
>>
>>8789572
TCP has the whole team either in stock or preorder.
>>
>>8789572
It's MMC and it's Bruticus, just wait for them to reissue them. I think they confirmed they aren't doing a box set so if you ever see the individual members go up for sale just grab them.
>>
>>8789575

>>8789577
you guys are great, thank you so much.
>>
>>8789205
At the very least, I can't say how in sync they are, but he does have a Twitter account that mirror's everything on his Facebook.
>>
Just got word that DX9's Chigurh is getting reissued, if anyone still wants an affordable Astrotrain. He is still taller than Thomas by the way, if anyone's wondering.

>>8789551
Best Bruticus is downright Zeta's. However, if you are also planning to display the set as the individual Combaticons in bot or alt mode, the MMC set is better. In an ideal world I would have two sets of the MMC and one Zeta for a gigantic Combaticon bot, alt and combined display, in that order. The only downsides to MMC's are:
- the slightly smaller size
- the fact that it doesn't use partsforming so their Onslaught has to be ridiculously huge compared to the others, even more so in person than how other companies have them proportioned, and even then, the finished Bruticus mode's torso still looks too short
- the higher price because no box set and it's MMC, what do you expect
>>
>>8781678
Now that I've ordered this I'm itching to get it in hand. Still wish they could have incorporated his front tires into the shoulders more rather than the backpack look.
>>
Ordered TW Constructor many weeks ago.
Shipment status from USPS still is "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item". Its an overseas shipment. This happened to anyone?
>>
>>8790998
CNY shutdown started as early as 6 Feb depending on the courier.
>>
>>8790369
I shouldn't have ordered mine from TFSource, won't show up till April, probably later than that.
>>
>>8791079
I don't want to order from TFS myself, but I do have $33 to use from them.

But seeing TE Mirage be at $85, go "out of stock" (no way to actually prove this happened of course), relist at $95, and then over just the past 2 weeks or so steadily climb step by step to its current $120; it just sours me.
>>
>>8790998
Other dude already said it but yeah most likely not gonna move until late February, possibly late March. Showzstore mentioned how the country might go into lockdown immediately after CNY to curb the virus from spreading from all the inevitable new cases. At best, things will be back to normal in March but my TW knight orion got delayed to a Q2 release so things could take longer. My transcraft Bumblebee managed to make it before that though. It took about a week before USPS shipping updated though to give you a frame of reference.
>>
File: RCO014_1463652636.jpg (599 KB, 1041x1600)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
>>8790369
I don't think it's possible without screwing with the shoulder articulation greatly. Not sure how they could implement the transformation any better.

Rereading MTMTE (never finished it past issue 34 and not familiar with how bad it gets), I forgot how much I loved Pharma and I'm still really bitter we've yet to get anything good of him. I don't know what else MMC could retool him as/from
>>
>>8791462
MTME's writer had his head up his own ass. Everyone is "quirky" and "lol so randum", and basically any character development from previous issues is completely shelved, and indeed sometimes they go through the same damn developments several fucking times.
>>
>>8791288
I ordered It from TFsource, sorry for the lack of specifications. That would help?
>>
Mmc cylinders, someone convince me to avoid or get him please.

I decided to go for tiny djd if I get any of them, so unless the electric chair bot is really really that much better at full size, cylinders is the only non pexus idw bot I want.
>>
>>8781678
>>8790369
I'm curious how this scales with their Tyrantron Megatron. I mainly have that for the Gladiator look and it'd be cool to have both leaders in their younger looks.
>>
>>8791571
MTMTE started really strong then Roberts started getting his ego stroked by tumblr and started writing for that audience specifically. I also will never buy his Glitch was Tarn all along bullshit it was Roller and he was annoyed everyone figured it out.
>>
>>8791964
See >>8787039
>>
>>8791969
The easiest shot I knew I could find, but may not be entirely accurate because of the angle.
>>
>>8791969
>>8791979
And one with....a dash of That Fancy Website.
>>
>>8791600
Hmmm, they actually have warehouses based in USA so unless it was a preorder, I actually don't know what's the deal. It could be that specific figure is produced to order so it's still coming from overseas anyway but then calling it in stock on their website is kinda false advertising. I really don't know what's the deal there. I've ordered two times from them, first time the order actually shipped from a warehouse in my town which was nice, second time was across the country but still only took a week from when I ordered.
>>
Apparently Ages 3 and UP already got Newage's Galvatron in somehow, I didn't expect it to come out already.
>>
>>8791987
Not really related but I hate when people take photos with really cluttered backgrounds.
>>
>>8792010
I try often as I can to use my dining table / kitchen counters, but I can't say I'm entirely guilt free of the cluttered shots too.
>>
>>8792018
I keep wanting to set up a photo area somewhere in my room but every time I try it I always end up just using that space for something else and taking it down. Instead you get black desk that's impossible to see shit on lol.
>>
>>8792018
You wouldn't be the guy who took the Diet Coke Overlord picture, would you?
I don't think some clutter is necessarily an issue, and it's not fair to expect everyone to clean everything for just a photo...but don't have it a mess like >>8791987. It's so distracting and shows you really don't give a shit about having a decent photo! Lazy!
>>
>>8792025
At a short point in the future I'll be revamping things in my room and will have a white desk, so I feel that will help to some extent.

Though the color of my desk alone won't solve any potential for clutter that my current desk already has.
>>
>>8792039
Yeah, that's my kitchen. >>8775586
>>
>>8792051
(side note that the lid you see came from a Minute Maid ice treat, that's been repurposed as a lid for cat food)
>>
>>8792051
>>8792052
thank you for your service, kitchen-man. i like your tiles (assuming it isn't the fake vinyl shit)
>>
>>8791975
I was asking about their roller, not that stupid huge djd idiot or the crumblegun djd idiot.
>>
>>8792076
Nope, actual glass. Though the way they came were basically in like, sheets, and were trimmed and set from those.
>>
>>8792085
Excuse me then to think that "Cylinders" sounds like an auto-corrected version of "Cynicus."
>>
>>8792018
I remember seeing this shot on That Fancy Website lol. The purple God Ginrai looks incredibly awesome.
>>
>>8792085
>stupid huge djd idiot
Dummy, that's the stupid medium djd idiot!
>>
>>8792018
wow those are serious chonkers
>>
>>8777079
Don't think so, unfortunately.
>>8791969
How do you guys like Tyrantron, by the way? I was thinking about grabbing him and Jaguar with his upgrade kit.
>>
>>8792094
Its cylindrus.

That's why it got autocorrected.
>>
I want to check out that Jinbao Warbotron Bruticus. Anyone here have either and can weigh in with their opinion? I'm a fan of its looks so far because I don't really like slavish accuracy to G1.
>>
>>8792754
Get the Zeta Bruticus if you don't want slavish G1. Warbotron wasn't exactly that good when he came out and has aged like milk.
>>
>>8792767
Sounds like a plan; I don't mind partsforming but I really like the combaticons individually too. I'll add it to my considerations!
>>
>>8792367
That would be strange...Since I took it only within the week, and only posted it here and on a small Discord server...
>>
Toy world TLK Prime looks like it beats out ROTF prime in complexity and frustration!

Anyone actually looking for him?
>>
>>8793664
Nope, waiting on the rerelease of challenger. Knight orion's proportions look off to me
>>
>>8789712
Welp, looks like ya have to log in to see Daims page now. What a croc of shit.
>>
>>8781542
>Wait 60 days for BMB prime
>His foot-grill is sheared off
>His shoulder pad struts are cracked
So how is ShowZ when it comes to replacements?
>>
>>8793867
I mean, is it a Daim thing, or is it a Facebook thing? Because it could just be a Facebook thing now.
>>
>>8794000
As far as I've experienced, they'll treat you right. They have an entire section of the site dedicated to after sales.
>>
>>8794039
I think its FB. No way am I making an account. Even a throwaway.
>>
>>8794039
I'm thinking it's a FB thing
>>
>>8794092
You can still access it through mobile but it's limited, like not being able to read the comments
>>
>>8794092
Why rely on FB for news when you don't have a FB account?
>>
>>8794334
I for one don't. I simply look for others to scrape the information from the cult site to post on this lesser cult site
>>
>>8794339
I used to do that but Daimchoc and other FB/IG aggregates never link their sources (and sometimes their source is 4chan...) . Fortunately Chinese 3Ps and KOs have official weibo pages so I'm mostly stalking there now, no account needed if you're browsing from desktop.
>>
>>8794357
He'll post credits to TFW users, and company FB pages (even for TFC products, whose page hasn't been updated since like...a long time ago). But he doesn't link to individual weibo pages, just attributes galleries to such and such user.
>>
>>8794370
>credits to TFW users
Then on the fancy website they credit back his FB so you end up with a weird circular loop when looking for toy news.
>>
>>8794040
Thanks, I just put in my After sales request. And as far as the replacement goes, are they going to give me a whole new limb? Or am I going to have to knock out pins for the singular panels?
>>
>>8789929
Love my Brut zeta. And i love that zeta make box sets for their combiners! Love the metallic options too. Also, the cheaper price tags helps!
>>
>>8794334
Because I've never had too in the past. Besides that's like asking why do I post here when I won't have a pass account.
>>
>>8769355
being as much of an Unicron Trilogy baby as I am, I'd absolutely love to see Third Party do their magic on some of the shittier Armada toys.

Hotshot with actual arms.
Scavenger with actual legs.
Sideswipe, except not completely fucked by Gimmicks
Blurr, but with knees.
>>
>>8794801
No that's absolutely reasonable. Armada had a tonne of really cool designs whose toys aren't quite there.
>>
>>8794801
>Scavenger with actual legs.
I kind of checked out from Transformers during the UT era, but I remember seeing Scavenger on the show and thinking it looked cool. I looked up the toy, and well, it obviously wasn't very good.
>>
>>8769355
>tfw no 3rd party fire convoy or rail racer.
>>
File: IMG_7317.jpg (105 KB, 960x1280)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
When I'm in bed with my wife's boyfriend, I still fanatsize about this
>>
>>8794429
yeah TFSource just tossed their hands up and said "welp!" when I showed them very loose joints on my MP BW Dinobot that could not have been cause by anything other than bad setting of the pins and mold. Their "recommendation" was to heat up the joints that were loose and try that.
Never buying anything from them again. I'm so retarded.
Post results from showz if you can get through to someone about your replacement parts, I purchase from them from now and and like what I got so far.
>>
How likely is it that bbts' pre-order for Optus Pexus actually fills this month? They have it as February but a lot of other places I'm seeing say April.
>>
>>8795611
not by much, they always get things late
>>
>>8795617
Not always, but it is becoming more noticable lately. Still use them happily though.
>>
>>8791979
Really curious to see where MMC focuses their efforts next. I guess Ocular Max will go on the same, and hopefully they release some legends scaled stuff from the "3d printer" dude, but I feel like their CHUG line needs to branch out soon. I'd love to see a "Generations" style line from them with figures based on BW, Unicron Trilogy, Animated, Prime, other comic series, etc at the same scale/quality as "Reformatted." Also a few key re-dos such as MTMTE Whirl and a 2.0 Megatron.
>>
File: 1366178876010.png (192 KB, 800x529)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>8795738
Still hoping for mtmte Whirl from someone, MMC or not (I was thinking maybe IF but they seem very busy for the foreseeable future).
>>
>>8795738
>>8795775
>mtmte
>>
File: 1613703428110.gif (923 KB, 640x360)
923 KB
923 KB GIF
>>8795611
>preordering 3P transformers from BBTS
>>
other than tfsource and showzstore what are other legit stores. i'm kinda new to this.
>>
>>8795795
This. The pre-order slot they put up for Gabriel at $180 literally took a year (if not a bit more?) to get in stock.
>>
>>8795816
The Chosen Prime & Toy Dojo I would rank above TFSource. There's also Ages Three And Up that can actually come in handy from small times to time. There's also the eBay seller / self-store bababobo00712.
>>
File: EuWbCoQXIAEMyzu.jpg (35 KB, 420x420)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>8795551
I'm sorry someone actually managed to make this design look good in robot mode? And it isn't coming out??
>>
>>8795738
I'd like a new Megatron(us) to go with Optus, especially as he's no where on-par with him (I like Tyrantron more as the miner anyway)
Also PHARMA. I feel you can get a decent interpretation of Prime Starscream out of the mold with a lot of retooling.
>>8795846
Yup, GCreation.
>>
>>8795795
>>8795826
Yeah screw that noise, just canceled the bbts order and ordered thru toydojo
>>
>>8795795
Somebody gets it
>>
I've been collecting Transformers for a couple years now but I've never bought third party before. What sites do you guys like to use? I was looking at TF Safari and TF Direct.
>>
>>8795828
>There's also Ages Three And Up that can actually come in handy from small times to time

I usually find they're one of the faster ones to get their stock in america. But don't buy from there though if you're american because they're like the one 3P store in canada that takes online orders and it pisses me off when I miss releases from them and have to import something.
>>
>>8796296
Tfsafari is good for the filler kits and upgrades.

Tfsource and chosen prime are good for main stock, showz store is good for third party and 'fourth party' so to speak
>>
>>8796326
Thanks anon

Are some sites faster than others? I imagine this stuff is shipping from China so there will likely be a wait.
>>
>>8796326
And bts is basically online version of ross/big lots, where they get older stuff and a slower stock rate, but they get a few things someone traded in, or sometimes get it in stock slower, so you can probably pre order things that you'd need to save up for.
>>
>>8796339
BigBadToyStore, TFSource, and TheChosePrime are all U.S. based. TFSafari and ShowZ are in China. You can also occasionally find pre-owned stuff on Mandarake, which is based in Japan.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1613964710354.jpg (35 KB, 800x376)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
The designers who did TFC's Piranacon and Cang Toys' Predaking are teasing a Dinobot team that will seemingly be able to combine. If I'm not mistaken these dudes are called Jiyi something.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1613964853618.jpg (22 KB, 800x167)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>8796416
They also posted this as some kind of "here's some of our portofolio".
>>
>>8796416
take my fucking money cang toys, those designs look great
>>
>>8796421
Produced by who though? Jiyi only does designing and mold tooling IIRC.
>>
>>8796416
I can forgo the combining gimmick, but they look cool from what I see in the ant-sized sketches.
I want them to make a Tarn because I can't afford the Flame Toys
>>
>>8796430
Could be anyone, they can always just use the Cang Toys brand which I suspect is related to Toyworld, or even make up another name. That's just how it works in China.
>>
>>8796416
>Dinobot team that will seemingly be able to combine.
This never works. I don't know why it never dose, but it just doesn't.
>>
>>8796438
A Tarn by these guys would look great but that would probably piss Flame Triad off.
>>
>>8796447
anything that knocks sentinel down a peg is fine by me. those mother fuckers have gotten so many high profile deals in the past 4 years and still charge half a grand for their shit.
>>
>>8796445
I own the Shuraking and I've handled all of the other dinobot combiners. For me the only reason they don't work is because all of them insist on using a Grimlock as the main bulk of the torso and thighs. Even on my Shuraking where the Grimmy is much bigger than the others plus we are given a partsforming chest for combined mode, his joints and overall structural integrity are nowhere near up to the task of holding up the entire combiner, especially because they made Grimlock himself very poseable. They should have made the partsforming chest an entire torso and pair of thighs ala Zeta. Grimlock doesn't even necessarily have to be folded into a box, just make him slightly smaller to be more in line with the other members and turn him into the partsforming torso and upper leg's filler skeleton or something like that.
>>
File: 1613710597999.jpg (98 KB, 692x960)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>8796447
Didn't Fuck Toys get pissy about that upcoming Optimus because it looked too similar? Admittedly I haven't compared each other.
As long as Tarn doesn't look like the FT, they probably won't care as much. I just want a sexy Tarn that isn't a Legends figure, ugly looking like the MMC, and isn't $400...
>>
>>8795795
What's sucks is sometimes they have insane fucking deals on 3rd party stuff. Like bruh, I'm not gonna pass on Gravity Builder for 250 or Warbotron for 150
>>
>>8796304
I only use A3U if they have something good during Black Friday or Boxing Day (that's what got me to get Machine Eagle). Otherwise you can rest assured I won't be taking new release stock from you.
>>
>>8796441
The main rep for Cang on TFW has made it quite clear there that they have no affiliations with Toy World.
>>
>>8789208
I kind of want that Ravage only to use it to make me a Panther, the mcdonalds guy, but I think I'd rather wait for the bootleg or something.
>>
>>8796441
It's not a case like MFT/HS/VS/Mech Soul/Mech Toys/etc. a company having many fronts. Jiyi Co. is merely a design+tooling company, they sell their designs to TFC, Garanthon, JiangXing, etc. and these separate companies handle the sub-contracting of the factories, promotion, distribution, after-sales etc. all the processes downstream.

In the case of their Predaking, the designs were first bought by ToyWorld during their post-divorce frenzy but they later handled it off to CANG, a separate company.

Without a production company to pick-up their designs, they are just concepts and drawings.
>>
If I'm trying to straighten out some bent plastic by applying heat to it, how hot should I be trying to get it? One of the side torso panels to my Master Made Trypticon is slightly warped and doesn't peg in fully, I think it was just packaged not pegged in fully and it ended up getting stuck that way. It's pretty noticeable so I'm trying to do something about it.

My hair dryer doesn't seem to get hot enough to do anything but I got a heat gun that can do either 250c or 450c, I don't know if that's hot enough to just wreck the plastic instead though.
>>
>>8796913
ABS glass transition temperature is just above water boiling point, so immersing the parts in a pot of boiling water for a few seconds at a time is the safest. 250C is overkill
>>
>>8796918
If it only needs to be around 100c that's good to know. Yeah normally when I'd try to do anything like this I'd just dunk it in water but because of the way he's assembled you can barely take him apart, it's all pinned and glued together so I'd be dunking nearly his entire whole body into water which seems like a mess.
>>
>>8796913
I'll second >>8796918
Heat guns are basically designed for melting heat shrink or adhesives.
>>
>>8796921
Uh beware of heating up pinned parts. Metal expands at a faster rate compared to plastic so they may be crack open the hinge. Lazy to do the research to know when it becomes a problem.
>>
>>8796913
hair dryer.
doesnt get as hot as a heat gun, but gives you more control than boiling your precious figure.
>>
>>8796913
Just contact Master made and get a replacement.
>>
>>8796473

Tarn done up like Pexus would be fucking rad. He's the weak link in the MMC DJD chain. I would even take his flashback design where he had a tread cape to make it different enough to justify another Tarn figure.
>>
>>8795738
I am still hoping for Pharma. And I curse the day that made Milne lose his alt-mode sketch for Tyrest (or simply him deciding to not post it).
We have fucking Nominus' bot and alt-mode sketch but not for a bunch of other, more important guys with cool bot designs. I mean I would buy Nominus too, he is cool. But no way they are doing him with the screentime he had.
>>
>>8797105
That's a good idea. The cape version was pretty cool anyway.
>>
File: Arm53_1195303612.jpg (147 KB, 1200x795)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>8795177
Exactly. most of the characters look great in the show, but their toys are compromised beyond belief.

Poor Sideswipe in particular. this poor toy is FUCKED.

>>8795303
There was no greater dissapointment than 11 year old me getting the "Coolest character in the show" and finding out his toy was one the worst in the line.
>>
>>8797047
Speaking of contacting 3p companies for replacements, I need to contact magic square for their light of freedom legends size mp optimus. I bought one, new, and it was missing it's blaster.
>>
>>8796652
>The main rep for Cang on TFW has made it quite clear there that they have no affiliations with Toy World.
The "connection" between TW and CT was explained by >>8796660
I for one do hope CT is a completely different entity to TW because TW's QC is atrocious. About the only thing that is consistently good about their products is the paint, and even then, they released a completely different weathered green TW-C07G Devastator to how they initially teased it.

>>8796660
>Without a production company to pick-up their designs, they are just concepts and drawings.
Yeah, so they can just hand them over to Cang again, who for all we know might just be one of the production companies you already mentioned making up yet another brand the way 01-Studio and Moon Studio suddenly came out of nowhere doing stuff Zeta once teased.
>>
>>8797657
Huh? Zeta had to cook up 01-Studio and Moon Studio because Hasbro CN was on their ass . CANG's not there yet, they don't have to use another front if they pick-up the Dinobot designs.
>>
new >>8798168

new >>8798168

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.