[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 62 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Welcome to like TMNT General, the totally cowabunga place to discuss all things Turtles

Old thread-
>>8678991

>Vintage TMNT commercials to give you shell shock!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTTYmdTtGHI

>Totally radical tunes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y98_AgMofK4

>Neca interview with Fwoosh detailing new figures as well as a Turtle Lair and Party Wagon-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOIq2Uc-3I

>Super7 Interview-
https://youtu.be/rBlTovm1eN4?t=3000
>>
>>8692782
DUDE
>>
>>8692789
SWEET
>>
>>8692782
so I got my super shredder and I just want to ask is his chest supposed to be so loose? its not as bad as my predator figure that Neca replaced but it bobbles a lot
>>
>>8693060
Yeah, they all do that.
>>
>>8693060
The bobble is normal. Doesn't affect the posing or anything though.
>>
>>8693069
okay cool, I don't mind it since he can still hold a pose I just thought it was a issue thanks I hope they finally allow people to preorder the casey and april cartoon figures I have never seen them in stores and I go once a week
>>
>>8693076
They probably will, new year opens up new options for those sets.
>>
>>8693082
oh why, I mean the turtles were never offered on the neca store, I had to buy them on ebay, the wave 1 set I prefer the cartton colors over the marketing colors
>>
>>8693087
Last year they ran through all the pre-order sets that they could. Supposedly there will be more this year at some point (probably once they finish shipping things out to people).

Also they have that Turtles 4-pack hitting sometime soon, for what that's worth. Target handling the TMNT figures directly seems to be getting FAR more product out there, if Krang and the Baxter/Splinter set are anything to go by.
>>
>Pixel Dan is back in the saddle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKXaY_t_dA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGd3_R3vjLg

I unironically love Pixel Dan. He was the only guy reviewing TMNT toys when the adult collector market was a barren desert.
>>
>>8693098
>super shredder
>6:08
>wobble issues

uh oh
>>
>>8693103
There's no uh oh. Literally every figure has that. It's nothing.
>>
>>8693104
>its nothing

Not according to pixel dan, hes worried.
>>
>>8693098
I like him too. He's kind of a shill, but his reviews are always professional and entertaining regardless.
>>
>>8693098
He seems to actually enjoy life so that's nice
>>
https://twitter.com/PixelDan/status/1348649821708673026
uh oh, issues already.
>>
>>8693122
What's broken?
>>
>>8693107
He's not. Did you even watch the video?

>>8693122
Nothing is broken.
>>
>>8693124
>uh oh, issues already.
You mean the wobble in Super Shredder's waist that's been addressed already by countless reviewers (and even people in this very thread) and has been proven to not affect articulation in any way?

Okay...
>>
>>8693124
Stop shitposting you faggot.
>>
>>8693127
Did you? Wobble issues are a constant problem with many non durable neca products.
>>
File: doubt.png (149 KB, 316x425)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>8693124
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>8693134
And here's the troll giving himself away. All right, good times folks. We can move on and ignore this idiot.
>>
File: pixel dan qc.png (255 KB, 646x597)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>8693103
He also has problems with his Tokka and Rahzar
>>
File: 154454646567453.png (432 KB, 593x790)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
Guide on how to fix wobble issues for your super shredder, very awesome Uncle J.
>>
>>8693142
That's a weird fix, how does that work? Oh... is it because the wobble is caused by the inserted peg not fitting quite right rather than a loose fit on the ball?
>>
>>8693150
I dunno, ask bald headed Randy he over saw the design.
>>
>>8693141
He couldn't get the arm to move because it was tight. Quit making shit up.
>>
File: based reviewer.png (385 KB, 653x439)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
Pixel Dan reviews Tokka and Rahzar

https://youtu.be/2Qu8h4-WyjA
>>
>>8693173
Those figures are awesome
>>
File: pixel dan qc2.png (308 KB, 634x333)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>8693173
Dan says in the video that he has QC issues with Tokka. The arm isn't put together all the way and he can't get it to go in.
>>
Don't you guys get tired of doing the same back and forth every thread?
>>
>>8693205
Did Neca fix their long running QC issues?
>>
>>8693205
that is the sensei teachings
>>
>>8693205
I did, so I rarely ever post in this thread anymore. Just quickly skim it every few days to see if there have been any updates about anything then go back to other threads.
>>
>>8693201
You are such a fucking twat. The joint just has to be pushed in. That's already been rectified and shown even with your twitter trolling.
>>
>>8693241
>twat
where ya from?
>>
File: missing hands.png (792 KB, 1209x555)
792 KB
792 KB PNG
Tokka seems to have the most QC problems of the pair
>>
File: ErIr8y6XUAAC8Gt.jpg (125 KB, 1080x1080)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>8693297
>they forgot to give him hands at the factory.

Imagine paying $70 for this and then Neca telling you they can't replace it, because they didn't make extras to for replacements, and that you're completely fucked.
>>
>>8693302
>messed up package
>messed up elbows
>>
>>8693302
Imagine being a troll on 4chan that scours twitter all day
>>
>>8693306
The elbows aren't messed up. They're turned around dumbass. And fuck MOCers.
>>
Man your dedication on this neca hate is astounding. Do you get paid for this? I just want to know what you do for a living.

This is some Chris Chan mental shit.
>>
>>8693227
Same here
>>
>>8693139
and yet you dont ignore him. you keep engaging them, just had to throw in your shitty post. i hope the trolls, along with legit critics, never stop. because morons like you will keep feeding them.
>>
>>8693328
Thanks for only making things worse, asshat.
>>
>>8693363
i said this in the NECA thread, either be proactive and counter "troll" bad QC posts with post showing customers who were satisfied with their neca toys or stop feeding the trolls.
if youre not gonna do either and instead engage the trolls with crybaby posts, than you get what you deserve.
>>
"Shitposts"
"Shitposts everywhere"
>>
>>8693372
How about you get fucked since all you're doing is enabling trolls? Do you even buy toys?
>>
>>8693384
I do, do you?
>>
>>8693390
I do. Guess you better start posting.
>>
>>8693375
damn they both got big heads
>>
>>8693384
what a braindead response. even if i am enabling them, the troll's goal has never been to feed the ones who enjoy their posts, they feed off of your butthurt. And you people who reply to them with "heres another troll, time to ignore them" instead of actually ignoring them are feeding and enabling them more than i ever could. If you were to counter their posts with posts of buyers who are enjoying their toys, you might shut them up since you all claim that neca failures are in the minority. but all you do is whine, which is exactly what they want.
Also why would i ever post my toys to appease some loser like you? gtfo idiot.
>>
>>8693399
i think vern's fits fine, better than april's, but ive grown to like aprils big head. its kinda cute.
>>
>>8693420
And you're why /toy/ is so shit now.
>>
>>8693420
Excuse me? Do you even collect toys? Oh wait, lemme guess, you're afraid I might somehow steal them through an image.
>>
>>8693427
lol like i said, if you dont like the trolls posting bad qc pics, post positive pics, or simply dont engage and starve them of attention.
instead, all i see is people replying to troll posts, and telling others to not reply to troll posts. it makes no fucking sense.
>>8693428
yep. you got it dude, im totally afraid of you. being able to steal my toys through a photo.
>>
>>8693439
Guess you better leave then.
>>
>>8693399
Vernon needs a big head to fit his giant ego
>>
>>8693439
who am i talking to? the anon who sad i was the reason toy is shit, or the guy whos able to steal things through photos?

cause if youre that guy who can pull shit out from photos, can you give me some hints how to do it myself?
>>
>>8693420
Honestly I'm half convinced the "trolls" and the people who always reply to them calling them trolls are the same poster.
>>
>>8693398
Illt get this thread on track! Post those Turtles! Just redid my Turtles shelf. Still pissed I haven't been able to find Krang.

Let's see your Turts anon!
>>
>>8693446
nice, i still gotta get toon shredder and movie splinter.
>>
>>8693427
Remember kids, if you just ignore, hide or report trolls then you're the problem! What you should do is constantly feed them and give them attention
>>
>>8693456
Thanks, just trying to stop the arguing and get people posting toys. Also, that first pic I uploaded was so blown out it was bothering me. Fuck these "auto fix" photo editors, they never do a good job.
>>
>>8693453
that could be, and i just might be feeding into it. but i dunno. i just think you either ignore the trolls or you do something to counter-post em.
but, you know what. ill stop.
>>
>>8693465
trying to "counter" them does nothing but feed thim. Just ignore them and move on and post Turtles.
>>
>>8693459
Or if you'd stop being a pussy and attack them they'd have nothing left.
>>
Posting file cards
>>
File: s-l1600 (14).jpg (523 KB, 1214x756)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>
File: s-l1600 (15).jpg (481 KB, 1224x770)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
>>
File: s-l1600 (18).jpg (349 KB, 1434x816)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>
File: 471912670_f8cc88c6c3_b.jpg (364 KB, 1023x643)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>
>>8693460
did you get the toon shred alone? im guessing so since i dont see krang or a toon leo anywhere.
>>
>>
>>
>>8693487
Yup. Got him off of someone in the BST.
>>
>>8692723
oh so the red piece in front is the butt. I thought that might be the case
seems like that would be fixable
>>
>>8693060
mine came with the chest bent way over to one side, but it was easy enough to straighten out. not very loose.
>>
>>8693307
it's harder to imagine a troll that isn't obsessed with twitter
>>
>>8693455
What are the turtles on the left? I like those. They look cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (2.16 MB, 4032x3024)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>8693375
Just got April last week. Her proportions are a bit unnerving at first, definitely not show accurate like the og prototype was. But she’s kinda cute, so I like her.
>>
>>8693812
Those are the SH Figuarts Turtles. Bandai released them a few years ago but they were a tad pricey when they first came out. They ended up sitting at places like Barnes and Nobel and Bluefin has put them on sale several times over the years. I paid $25 each I wanna say from BBTS a few years ago. Well worth it if you can get them for $35 or cheaper. They come with two heads each, one serious head they all share, and then a unique head, the ones that I have on them atm. They also come with all their signature weapons, multiple hands, and other various accessories like one comes with a slice of pizza, one comes with a manhole cover, Mikey comes with the grapple hook, ect. One of the really nice things about them is their lower legs and feat are made of diecast so they have a much lower center of gravity allowing them to balance like a dream. I kinda wish more figures would do this sort of thing just because it's such a nice quality of life thing to not have to worry too much about balance. Overall, they're my favorite rendition of the 87 Turtles. Some will complain that they're not accurate to the show and with the lighter colors and sillier expressions are closer to how the Turtles were represented on various merchandise of the time. I don't think that statement is incorrect but that's what the 87 Turtles look like in my mind's eye so I absolutely love them. Much better articulation than the NECAs and I'm not afraid to actually mess with them, unlike my Movie Turts.
>>
>>8693849
>and I'm not afraid to actually mess with them, unlike my Movie Turts.
You're a paranoid dumbshit if you feel that way.
>>
>>8693874
Probably yeah. It's just that difficult to acquire figures + a company known for subpar QC = extra caution. The last thing I want to do is break one and then have to pay scalper prices to replace it.
>>
>>8693849
>Some will complain that they're not accurate to the show and with the lighter colors and sillier expressions are closer to how the Turtles were represented on various merchandise of the time.

No that's literally what they are. They're the promo designs, you can tell because of how the front shell is sculpted. It has that line around the plastron. That and the coloring designates them as the Merch turtles, and not the cartoon turtles.
>>
>>8693889
I know, that's why in the very next sentence I said that I don't think that statement is incorrect. Try reading the whole post before you sperg out.
>>
>>8693899
Try eating shit. Of course it's not incorrect. They're not the cartoon turtles.
>>
>>8693903
Then you agree with me. Why the FUCK are you sperging?
>>
>>8693889
I'm glad some people make that distinction
I have always held that Turtles Forever is not the 87 cartoon universe, it's the -commercials for the toys using cartoon footage- universe. wrong voices, mindless characterization, perpetual timeless existence that never makes any progress or changes over time..
>>
>>8693906
The line died because they're shit and nobody wants them.
>>
>>8693909
I hated that special. They couldn't give the 80s turtles an ounce of respect.
>>
>>8693916
i liked the exploration of what the insane mad science of that universe would truly be capable of in the hands of someone devious and competent. it's an instant army builder.
>>
>>8693911
What does that have to do with me agreeing with you on what they're based off of? Why are you being such a cunt? I literally agree with you that they're based off the merchandise and even stated as such in my original post. Post your Turtles or fuck off.
>>
>>8693762
Correct. So you'd have to heat the entire lower half, maybe even resort to boiling water, because those legs are on TIGHT at the ball joint, swap them. Yes, you could then just rotate the torso around to it's proper position. It's crazy that there are multiple instances of this toy assembled incorrectly, plus having two left/right arms etc. cases like that, on top of the paint issues, missing parts...the list goes on. Yet I still bought one, and am thinking about buying another, just to open it and swap around parts between the two figures to get one that is just...passable, at most. So I'm part of the problem, funneling them money, when issues like this continue and no apparent effort gets made to aright the problems. Whaddya gone do?
>>
File: recognizing trolls.jpg (67 KB, 640x480)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>8693923
>>
>>8693937
And don't forget having to clean up, wet sand, paint match and touch up multiple parts of the figure anon...
>>
>>8693939
Oh look, you can apply that here too >>8693978
>>
>>8692558
So you're either Stunnajun on Fwoosh or you're a troll stealing those pics.
>>
>>8693989
he got dat front butt
>>
>>8693978
It's a figure I purchased and brought home, and I'm now I'm looking over the figure, noticing the issues, and pointing out what will need to be addressed and how. Perfect example of how you can't point out QC issues with NECA's stuff without some buttblasted NECAsimp swooping in to discredit or minimize legitimate problems, like it's a threat to your identity. But okay.
>>
>>8694469
Hey guess what? Nobody's interested in what you have to say. That's not even QC issues, that's just bitching just to bitch.
>>
I went to Target at about 8PM local time and there were a couple Splinter/Baxter 2 packs and a whole mess of Krangs. Props to NECA for upping production on figures that every TMNT fan is going to want.
>>
File: IMG1661a.jpg (142 KB, 692x688)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>8694483
>Nobody's interested in what you have to say
You appear to have been interested enough to, um, respond.

Now that I have him out of the box, I discover another couple "not even QC issues..."
>>
>>8694652
You posted that pic before. Funny how you "just opened it" though, huh?
>>
>>8694655
Show me where I've posted it before, then. I just took this about 10 minute ago. The fact that you're confusing photos of this figure with each other should tell you something about it, hmm, don't you think?
>>
>>8694655
I went and grabbed a screenshot from the previous thread because a POS degenerate like you will lie about it, or not make the effort.

That's the front of a Krang in the pic. The other is of the back. Two different photos. Now go make out with an exhaust pipe.
>>
god i hate all of you faggots.
>>
>>8694696
Not even what I was talking about you lying sack of shit. Go fuck yourself and your shitty posts.
>>
>>8694700
Just as I suspected, you can't find the other pic, because it's never been posted. Get down on your knees and apologize.
>>
>>8694705
Oh fuck you, of course it's been posted before. All you do is shitpost with those images you retard. Go jump off a roof and break your back.
>>
>>8694652
It is pretty sad you let your autism run your life like this. Return it if it bothers you that much, let someone else that actually wants the figure have a chance at it. Or would that take away your chance to bitch and complain?
>>
>>8694723
Why are you posting? You don't even collect toys.
>>
Just another reminder that this person is replying to his own posts.
>>
>>8694743
Pretty sure he actually has schizophrenia
>>
>>8694827
I suppose it would be hard for an outside observer to tell the difference between talking to yourself for the purposes of deliberate public nuisance and talking to yourself because your brain's more miswired than a gay Fiat.
>>
>>8694852
>talking to yourself because your brain's more miswired than a gay Fiat.
You speak from experience then.
>>
>>8694854
I talk to myself because I'm scatterbrained and it helps to slow the thoughts down by putting them into words, thank you very much. I don't expose 4chan to that particular pic-a-nic basket of problems.
>>
>>8694743
literally in every thread. this is absolute mental disorder. jesus christ. mods, can you get rid of this freak?

>>8694710
>>8694705
>>
>>8693874
This has got to be one of the dumbest fucking things I have ever seen. You can't possibly be this fucking stupid for real.
>>
File: neca fans do it again.png (410 KB, 645x541)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>"It's not that the head's too big, the problem is that the body's too small!"
What did apologists mean by this?
>>
>>8695132
Sounds like someone misunderstood the problem people were complaining about. Though I haven't been in these threads long, and I might be mistaken. It sure seemed as if they were always saying her body was too small, which is what they meant by 'head too big'
>>
File: april-smallbod.jpg (442 KB, 1149x638)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>8695132
When the first final product shots were released, you could tell her head was too big for her body. Since it wasn't pictured with any other figure, many just saw it as a "big head" problem. Then reviewers put out videos and she was a manlet next to the turtles. The head was in scale but her body wasn't.
>>
>>8693095
So... What all is in the 4-pack? Has that been officially revealed? I only managed to find the later Leo & Don set and would LOVE to get the animation accurate colored turtles.
>>
I'm surprised nobody has ever made turtle figs with a slightly hinged lower plastron area. The belt could hide the joint, and it would only need to cheat like 10 degrees max to really improve the leg positioning.

also I'm the guy who brought up the thigh proportions on the movie figures last thread, and I noticed that the 1:6 scale ones don't have that issue. I think mobility is easier to finagle on a larger figure like that but also less desirable since they need more stability, and people are used to sacrificing some posability for that. I'm not sure what to think, really. It has started to bug me a little more, but not that much. Mostly, it has me thinking... when I look at the hip joints, I see there's an inner green plastic piece holding the pelvis together, not directly connected to the shell and plastron. THAT makes me wonder if perhaps at one point, the pelvis was meant to slide up and down inside the shell, letting you choose between a little more screen accuracy (for standing poses) and slightly longer legs (for posing)
>>
>>8693455
The Figuarts look bigger than I thought they'd be... I don't know why I expected them to be so much shorter than NECA's toon turtles.
>>
>>8695190
>Woman
>Manlet
???
>>
>>8695208
(Wo)manlet.
>>
>>8695196
high quality japanese figures tend to be really disappointingly small
>>
File: IMG_1663.jpg (1.14 MB, 3023x3067)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>8694700
>>8694710
Fellow anonymouses! I've come to share the glad news. I opened the second Krang I bought for the purposes of part-swapping the figures, just in case, and it turns out this one had a host of surprises for me too.
>>
File: IMG_1662.jpg (132 KB, 697x709)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>8695224
>>
File: IMG_1664.jpg (86 KB, 581x597)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>8695227
Neato, right?
>>
Sucks dude. How much did this cost? It looks fine to me but I'm used to not spending very much and just putting up with lower-end stuff.
>>
>>8695275
38 Freedom Dollars after tax.
>>
>>8695309
and it's not that big, right? Like not as big as the classic jumbo playmates version, because he was a bit smaller in the cartoon I think? (hence the huge cockpit area and really small legs)
that's gotta be a disappointment. though at least it's only the paint that's troublesome. Prices are different these days, I know regular-ass superhero figures are like 20 bucks now, and you expect sloppy paint on those just like the 5-ish-dollar ones from when I was a kid (but the articulation's way better)
I wouldnt be surprised at all if the technology used to design and assemble the articulation has made huge leaps while the technology for carefully painting something in an assembly line has lagged.
>>
>>8695313
Yeah, it's smaller than the original Playmates I believe. Still a good sized, hefty figure. My father has been into model making for a while now, so he has a lot of supplies for painting that I can use for paint matching and touch up.

It's a variety of things, honestly, that I believe have contributed to this one being a letdown, some of which have been touched on earlier.

NECA insists on painting EVERYTHING on these toon figures, meaning large plastic areas are subject to considerable amounts of paint; meanwhile the plastics themselves are typically molded in only one or two colors, perhaps to save costs, meaning lots of chances for paint mishaps and booboos.

The quality of a lot of their output has been downhill during the second half of the year, at least if you're talking about this figure, the police station assault Terminator, and the various Back to the Future figures I'm thinking of. The paint has been atrocious on those, with people having to track down multiple copies of the figure to find a decent one (some people don't seem to give as much of a shit about it, and just buy whatever they find on the shelves, which is fine). I wonder if maybe getting test samples back and forth was an issue, in-person inspections of factories selected was limited, and factories having to be switched, with scant time at the factories alloted for a given production run of a figure (rushed output), all having to do with Covid, maybe?

So a huge reliance on paint coupled with the production issues above *could* have caused this. It honest-to-God looks like these were touched up by hand, right at the factory, before they were packaged and sent out, if you've seen some of the shit people have posted here and on other groups/forums, or at least handled and brushed up against before paints were allowed to dry. Crazy.
>>
>>8695323
>touched up by hand
that's how it looks to me too. Your figure has all these matte areas on the glossy, and in the previous thread someone posted what looked like a lot of glossier stuff glopped onto a more matte area.. telltale signs of paint that may match colorwise but was definitely not applied the same way
It's funny you know, some of my older customized zoids look like garbage up close, but my vision wasn't good enough back then to notice. I had this one jar of paint sorta get separated, and it ended up swirls of lighter and darker color, which i thought was sorta cool. but professionals use airbrushes and now that I got eye surgery I can really see how visible the brushstrokes are on everything
>>
>>8695330
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about.

And lots of mass production stuff visually falls apart when viewed up close--I get that--but the problems with these are of such a magnitude that you can see from up to four feet away, errors that won't hold up for photography and the like.
>>
>>8695190
this is definetely the issue I really hope neca does something
>>
>>8695323
I managed to get a decentely painted marty and biff but I hate how they use grey plastic so the paint on there socks chip, this was also my issue with casey jones movie version
>>
>>8695224
>>8695227
>>8695230
Why do you buy figures just to damage them? You obviously did these to the figures because most Krangs are fine
>>
>>8695422
>you obviously damaged it because
>most krangs are fine

By your own logic you admit not all of them are "fine", but at the same time you claim he obviously can't have a damaged one because ALL of them are "fine"
>>
>>8695224
>>8695227
>>8695230

You didn't open anything. You're just reposting pics.
>>
>>8695323
>the police station assault Terminator, and the various Back to the Future
None of which have any issues.
>>
Damn, Neca fucked up again.
>>
>>8695587
Nope.
>>
>>8695591
Yep.
>>
>>8695587
>>8695591
>>8695619
Worlds Smallest: TMNT General
>>
>>8695619
Nope.
>>
File: bad paint.png (217 KB, 1340x542)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>PIXEL DAN GOT FUCKED BY BAD PAINT QC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8MplFy3LSU

Pixel Dan has paint rub on the face and paint chipping on the elbows.
>>
>>8695826
That isn't paint rub you dumb cunt. It's a stray bit of gray from the visor and that can be covered up by fucking ayone. And do everyone a favor and kill yourself bringing up the elbows. You absolutely fucking suck.
>>
>>8695826
>Dan's actually really happy with the figure
>this screeching fag keeps making sensationalist posts to make it seem like he was wronged somehow

Get fucked and stop posting.
>>
>>8695826
wow that looks terrible
>>
>>8695826
Serious question, do you actually buy toys or are you just here to shitpost?
>>
>>8695911
necanon can't stand criticism of his company, literally post widespread evidence of problems with the line and he's like "do you even buy toys???"
>>
>>8695957
Aw, the troll doesn't like being called out for being a shitposting fag.
>>
>>8695419
imagine having to completely start over and retool like that because scale came out wrong. that never happens does it? it'd cost them a mint.
>>
>>8696342
>it'd cost them a mint.
No it wouldn't. Scaling shit up or adjusting a figure is not that hard. Hasbro does it all the time. A recent example is changing the height on the 3" Skiff Lando. They just made the legs longer.
>>
>>8696405
well I know bootleggers do it sometimes
I suppose these days it's all CAD files so you could just scale em up.. but I believe making new steel molds is still expensive.
>>
File: necapril.jpg (429 KB, 1207x748)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
Shit, slipped with the CAD file.
>>
>>8696827
didn't they do an episode like that once? wait that was Irma
and her dang clothes grew with her dangit
>>
>>8696827
You're an idiot
>>
>>8696847
randy is bald
>>
>>8693306
>crying for a replacement because the elbow is twisted slightly in the package

What an entitled cunt. FUCK MIB/MOC NERDS.
>>
>randy put the good chinese painters on tokka and rahzar and let the 12 year old newbies paint the krangs

Based.
>>
>>8696982
in fairness, one is asking you to basically do a renaissance painting and the other is asking you to just paint flat colors inside the lines. You really can't argue with that choice.
>>
>>8693306
Just sell it. You dont have to be a retard sell it. Fucking faggot, someone out there wants it, so just sell it, why are people so retarded?
>>
>>
>>8697026
teenage mutant nigga turtles
>>
imagine still buying neca in the year of our lord 2021. don't you all have any respect for yourselves?
>>
>>8696982
You're really overselling the Krang stuff.
>>
>>8697026
why do they have teeth for eyes and no mouths?
>>
>>8697026
>>
>>8697026
I don't get it.
>>
>>8697305
these are weird new statues
>>
>>8697026
>>
>>8697566
Those are all valid complaints but WHY DO THEY HAVE TEETH INSTEAD OF EYES AND NO MOUTHS
>>
File: NtNT10.png (339 KB, 704x418)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>8696838
Yeah, it was Irma.

>imagine if they did a giantess irma toy
>but april instead
>as a joke
>ha ha
>etc
>>
>>8697566
I might kinda like these if that price weren't real
>>8697588
>that looks like teeth to you
>>
what tmnt products are "investable"? AKA appreciate well.
>>
>>8697880
Not neca
>>
>>8697880
NECA, original Playmates are going up too. Super7 goes up because of scarcity.
>>
>>8697902
which would you buy? 25th anniversary, collectors, or original 1998 (like $200 each it seems)
>>
>>8697880
Well if the Super7 Ultimates end up like MOTU Classics then they will go up in price over time.
NECA stuff like Tokka and Rahzar and the upcoming turtle van will also be worth a bit thanks to being made to order.
>>
File: 1454036992857.gif (2.11 MB, 330x166)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB GIF
>>8697026
>>8697566
>overpriced hipster garbage
>>
A PREVIEWS Exclusive. Fire up the Mutant Module, your favorite retro baddies from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are here with Playmates’ Retro Rotocast Villains Mutant Module Figure Set! The figures in this 6-piece set feature original bodies with authentic decoration from the ’80s action figures and oversized roto heads. Each figure comes individually packed out in blister card with authentic class Turtles logo and graphics! Figures include Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman, Slash, Krang, and Foot Soldier all wrapped in a soft package inspired by the classic Mutant Module vehicle!
>>
A PREVIEWS Exclusive. Cowabunga, dude! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back with Playmates’ Retro Rotocast Sewer Lair Figure Set! The figures in this 6-piece set feature original bodies with authentic decoration from the ’80s action figures and oversized roto heads. The Turtles have their individual Bandana colors and include the letters designated on their belts and weapons rack. Each figure comes individually packed out in blister card with authentic class Turtles logo and graphics! Figures include Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, Shredder, and Splinter, all wrapped in a soft package inspired by the Ninja Turtles’ Sewer Lair!
>>
>>8698088
They could follow suit in Mattel's plan to make really neat modernized vintage figures of the original TMNT toys, but instead we're just getting these same exact vintage toys. Not interested as is.
>>
>>8698088
When is this release?
>>
>>8698088
>>8698093
Why isn't Shredder with the bad guys?
Why isn't April with the Turtles?
Why the fuck is Slash there at all?
>>
>>8698088
>>8698093
Playmates: We can't do anything...uh, so here's the old toys! Again! For the tenth time. Again!
>>
>>8698103
This is exactly what I'd want. Fuck Playmates for being so lazy.
>>
>>8698093
Re-release the fucking lair not this shit. I wonder if the turtles are going to be properly colored.
>>
>>8698088
Fuck, I only want Slash, since I already the originals of the rest of them.
>>
>>8698720
Just buy Slash on eBay then
>>
>>8697752
it's two white creases sloping inward to a central slit, I'm not sure how you can see anything but teeth. Like the cartoon style of teeth where you don't draw each tooth, just two white bands. And the fact that they lack mouths puts one's mind clearly on 'where is the mouth then oh god there it is'
>>
>>8698088
>rotocast
doesn't that mean they're hollow and delicate?
>original bodies with oversized roto heads
first of all, what?? secondly only rocksteady seems to have an oversized head.
>authentic decoration
they seem to have even fewer paint apps than the original, if that's even possible.
>individually blisterpacked but also in the module vehicle
that's... weird.
>>
>>8698631
>>8698103
wouldn't that be stepping on super7's toes?
>MY TOE! MY TOE!
>>8698370
>>8698720
I think a lot of us missed out on slash. he must have been in short supply.
>>
>>8698645
I doubt it, Playmates can't seem to use the right plastic.
>>
>>8698645
>>8698768
>>
>>8698848
>>
>>8698850
>>
>>8698852
>>
>>8695874
if the youtube eceleb fag is happy with the figure or not is irrelevant when its falling apart in their hands on-camera
>>
>>8697566
As art objects, these look better on the shelf (especially to normies) than any action figure. Cope
>>
>>8698848
God, WEIRD memories. I had absolutely forgotten the bizarre font they used for the belt emblems to facilitate the hole in the middle.
Don's colors look a bit off, I think the photographer cranked up the red.
>>8698853
wait didnt the originals keep the yellow of the plastron OVER that ridge or am I thinking of a lot of the merch
>>
>>8699014
They painted over the ridge on the originals. These look about as half-assed as the GameStop reissues were.
>>
>>8695874
Dan's happy about everything.
>>
>>8698088
>>8698093
Too bad we'll never get these in the UK.
>>
I got Super Shredder, Tokka and Rahzar, and the Musical 4 pack. I really dig the movie/animatronic style of those. What other figures would fit well with them?
>>
>>8699166
He's got a wife, kids, good job, loves toys, why shouldn't he be happy?
>>
>>8699181
As it should be. Rejoin the EU
>>
The Playmates retro release lame bullshit packs are up on EE for order.
>>
>>8699160
in their defense I doubt they were given good instructions. that LOOKS like a natural barrier for the paint unless you understand how a plastron works.
>>8699190
if you hit up ebay you can get the rest of the movie turtles and splinter. I love that you got the Comin Out of Their Shells ones, that's hilarious. I still have fond memories of that thing
>>
>8699200
>we need your money! germany isn't enough..
>>
>>8698848
>>8698850
>>8698852
>>8698853
It looks like they are overweight and their fat is spilling over their plastrons.
>>
>>8699200
Okay I'll do it tomorrow.
>>
>>8699235
oh my god it does
there actually fat as fuck turtles, like alligator snapping turtles kinda look like theyre spilling all out around their tiny thin plastron
>>
>>8697026
Who the fuck would buy this garbage?
>>
>>8699235
>>8699245
BUUUURP, mmmph, h-hey guys. Cowabung-FRRRP-ahhhh.
>>
>>8697880
If you're hoping to make TENS of dollars in a half dozen years from now, yeah man, buying toys is the best way to do it.
>>
>>8699347
I fucking forgot about those.
>>8699353
honestly scalping is the most profitable thing you can do with toys.. and like most quick money, you provide little to no actual service and provide no value, you just engineer the extant situation in a way that bleeds people for extra money. the thing is it's hard to not look at retail the exact same way.
>>
my movie Shredder came with a slightly bent top portion of his helmet, and while it wasn't too hard to bend back into place, I couldn't help but think of that monty python judges sketch any time I saw it a bit askew
>I waggled me wig!
>>
>>8698853
they always f up his skin color
>>
>>8701849
I'm pretty sure it's the photography.. that looks sort of right., like the colors look right relative to each other. and look up at that donatello picture.
>>
>>8698088
90 dollars for 60 dollars( at most) worth of toys, playmates are so scummy.
>>
>>8701902
90 dollars? good LORD that's a lotta money. Are even the originals on ebay all going for that much? because these are inherently of less value than vintage leftovers, given the inferior paint quality.
>>
>>8699216
>@
>>
>>8702070
It's a thing people do sometimes, to deny them a (you)
>>
>>8701931
Thats 15 dollars a figure plus you get a carrying case. I'm pretty sure complete vintage ones in good shape are worth more.
>>
>>8702100
the carrying case appears to be printed cardstock. Now if you gave me a re-release of the classic ninja turtles carrying case?
>>
Did they ever make a toy of Carter? Or the villain from that season?
>>
>>8701863
I like the dark brown on him
raph skins seems too light idk maybe im on the spectrum
>>
>>8702165
color authenticity is a valid thing to sperg out about. We have that ability for a reason, God wanted us to be able to pick a ripe fruit from an unripe one or notice when our crops are sickly.
This picture definitely looks off, the green looks too pale and pasty. The red also looks too intense. This would seem to go with my theory that the red balance has been turned up, which means the green is turned down.
The Donatello is definitely more chocolate-puddingy than his original shit-brown color, and the purple is more blue than it should be.
What's with the weird crescent moon thing on mikey's thigh?
>>
oh but I meant to add
>>8701849
'always' suggests this has happened before. examples?
>>
>>8702118
Super7 should make one of these.
>>
>>8702255
>God
>>
File: dans review.png (1.34 MB, 1908x1080)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>8702256
right was the gamstop ver.
personally I think the 25 anniversary was the best reissue(the one with the dvd)
>>
File: tmnt 25th Anniversary.jpg (445 KB, 1495x1888)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>8702848
>>
>>8702849
Is there any proper archive or checklist of the reissues across the years? I remember KB had one in the 2000s. TMNT archive covers a lot but not everything.
>>
File: 2009.png (566 KB, 570x890)
566 KB
566 KB PNG
>>8702867
IDK, im just going by memories so correct me if im wrong
there has been 3 reissue since 2009. 25th, classic collection, and the gamestop ver.
>>
>>8702848
>>8702887
i had the 25th ones growing up and i mixed them with a huge box of old tmnt figures from the 80s i had gotten at an old comic book store. the 25th ones were perfect reproductions in every way i could think of, you couldn't tell them apart (i had some of the old turtles, etc).

the classic collection ones were dogshit, with bebop and rocksteady missing paint apps, etc. never saw the gamestop ones close enough to know
>>
>>8702266
Anon, fedoras are for disguising that you're a turtle in a trenchcoat.
>>
>>8702848
oh wow, maybe I'm super wrong
... you don't suppose a bad photo LED to the wrong plastic and paint colors being used
>>
NECA is trash the only line worth buying for Turtles is Super7
>>
File: 490.jpg (48 KB, 627x626)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>8703554
>>
>>8703654
Okay so the Mirage comic turtle line is good and so are the movie ones but the video game ones and cartoon with its thick lines are junk, sorry anon.
>>
>>8703663
well they're doing a good job adapting the cartoon designs at least.
>>
>>8703663
Why are you even talking? You're a complete waste.
>>
>>8703684
Go back to /neca general/ peon
>>
>>8703684
to get (you)s
from you
>>
>>8703691
>>8703703
Kindly go away shitposters, we don't need you here.
>>
>>8703663
God forbid a cartoon centric line of toys have cartoony drawn lines in it as an art style. The horror!
>>
>>8703663
I agree, I also hate their newer way of doing video game figures with pixels instead of flat shading.
>>
>>8703711
Enjoy what you want, anon, I just prefer the throwback style of the Ultimates super7 line to the neca offering. It’s all personal taste. My biggest disappointment was the Turtles in Time pixel styling like the above poster mentioned, as I had many good memories playing that game at an arcade and would have bought the entire set on it if it were, you know, good.
>>
>>8703717
You've got shit taste then
>>
>>8703816
Good news! They are good. You're just being a bitch about it.
>>
>>8703816
God that was a good game. And the first arcade game. and the NES port of that game.
yeah it would have made a lot more sense to make like.. voxel figures?
>>8703711
the lines work, the shading doesn't. The lines wouldn't work either if they put them in a random spot on the body where they HOPE is at the edge of where you're currently looking at it.
>>
>>8703832
The shading works with the lines. You're a complete buffoon if you think otherwise. It mimics the cartoon look.
>>
>>8703836
Well the lines are only drawn on the sensible places on the figures: the borders of different colors or otherwise lines that would be drawn on them. My point is it doesn't try to add OUTLINES. because those outlines would only make sense from one angle. and the shading is the same (it'd be one thing if, like, it was below-chin shading, because the neck is expected to be in shadow.. or crotch-area shading because the shell casts a shadow there, but no.. they do it really weirdly with like assumption of front-lighting. please post pictures that disprove me if i'm wrong. like I said earlier it seems like they aren't even DOING that shading all the time / anymore)
>>
>>8703836
A buffoon would think this is good.
>>
>>8703851
I'm the guy he was arguing with and yeah that looks pretty good. I'm not seeing any shading, just some outlines that look like the cartoon. Granted, he looked WEIRD in the cartoon.
I don't think those forearm lines are right though, they don't seem to be following the musculature or anything
>>
File: sdfsdsf.jpg (128 KB, 850x503)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>8703849
>they do it really weirdly with like assumption of front-lighting
They do it like the cartoon does it you dumb fuck.

>like I said earlier it seems like they aren't even DOING that shading all the time / anymore)
It's on every single toon figure. You are wrong. The only time they didn't do it was on the merch colors re-release because the style guide never had shading on them. They were always flat colors.
>>
>>8703865
first of all, the cartoon rarely ever did it. and if you think they had consistency whatsoever, you're just wrong
but please show me where it is on newer figures, because we've sure seen a LOT of neca's cartoon Krang lately, and I saw zero shading on that sucker. Don't see any on Slash, scrolling up a bit to that one anon's collection I don't see any shading on shredder or rocksteady. bebop's not visible enough to make a call there.
>>
File: 20210116_210242.jpg (213 KB, 1200x3016)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>8703885
>the cartoon rarely ever did it.
I see you've never watched the cartoon.

>, because we've sure seen a LOT of neca's cartoon Krang lately, and I saw zero shading on that sucker. Don't see any on Slash, scrolling up a bit to that one anon's collection I don't see any shading on shredder or rocksteady. bebop's not visible enough to make a call there.

You really are just wrong about everything. The best part is you're actually giving credit to how well done the shading is. It adds to the figure without being too obvious. But also, fuck man, you are just wrong about everything.
>>
>>8703826
I just prefer this to pixels.
>>
File: 20210116_210731.jpg (172 KB, 1200x2225)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>8703908
>>
>>8703908
Sorry duder, I'm just not seeing it. maybe you're right and it is just blending in.
>>8703912
haha yeah I would have liked that better on the gamey figures
>>8703914
oh okay, I can see it there, on the pauldrons.. it.. kinda looks like a mistake.
>>
>>8703920
At this point you're definitely trolling or completely blind. I hope for your sake, it's trolling.
>>
>>8703912
This was one of my favorite games growing up. I should have tracked this Batman down. Shame he doesn't come with the triple disc weapon.
>>
>>8703924
maybe you're just not the best photographer who ever lived
>>
>>8703914
>>8703920
I think it might be that the shading doesn't seem to follow any natural lines of the form. It's difficult to imagine light ever hitting the shoulders in such a way that it would cast that shadow. Should have been more of a curved line when viewed from above.
>>
>>8703941
Maybe you're just a retard? I think that's more likely.

>>8703944
No, it's doing what they would do in the cartoon. That's why.
>>
I'm looking up some screencaps now, kudos on the episodes that budgeted shading. But I'm mostly seeing Krang having SHINE added to his shoulders, not shadows. Very interesting.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54 KB, 1184x664)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>8704034
Again, try actually watching the cartoon.
>>
>>8704041
Hmm, looks like a curved line. And no shine in that shot, but shredder does get a few shines.
I wonder how they budgeted that stuff back then. Was it like "if you get your flats finished ahead of schedule, move on to the shading as outlined in the model sheet, starting with the most key scenes" ? and then like.. if you have more time, add the extra stuff in. all I remember from my last rewatch of the show is that the backgrounds were hilariously inconsistent from studio to studio, particularly that sign Splinter keeps on the wall saying 'animation' in katakana
>>
>>8704046
Man I don't know what to tell you on budgeting. Considering how often the turtles swapped colors, or were all one color in a frame...they were hiring children to slather paint onto these cels half the time.
>>
>>8704050
Right? that's what amazes me. It truly was just an era. And it was so idiosyncratic that even kid-me noticed it was identical production on Toxic Crusaders. Same materials, art style, pretty sure it had some of the same voices.
>>
Which hand do you guys use to make rahzar wield the broken off telephone pole chunk? I can't get it to stay in very well... Seems like Tokka holds that one better, and Rahzar has a fine pipe-holding hand, but that's not how they had 'em in the movie
>>
>>8704166
None because I don’t buy neca non durable goods
>>
I found out my four movie turtles are kick offs from China without the moveable shell and I’m pretty bummed about it. How can I blame Neca for me getting swindled by the secondary market?
>>
>without the moveable shell
Explain
>>
>>8704189
I was almost you, several times. They're so tempting, sitting there on amazon and ebay.. so many of them. Right there. Some don't even say china, they say taiwan or hongkong, and those guys sell real authentic stuff.. or did in the past.
>>8704206
all I know is the bootlegs lack the spots on the thighs, and have different materials that you can really only notice up close. tiny machining imperfections. but I assume he means the way the head, arms, and upper torso are on a movable ball joint set inside of the shell (the lower torso is also a separate piece but it's not articulated, but I suspect it was meant to be at one point)
>>
>>8704206
Well the legit ones have a small crunch function from a hinge where the connecting tissue to the main turtle body below the neck is soft, yet the bootleg versions are fixed with hard plastic. You wouldn’t realize the difference just looking at them, honestly. Looking at them now they are really close but my Mikey has some sloppy paint on his eyes.
>>
>>8704206
>>8704212
Here’s a pic I just took of my legit Raphael from the two pack with Casey Jones. The real ones can lean forward with a slight separation under the shell, hopefully you can see it here. The knock offs are one mold and can’t lean the same way.
>>
>>8704223
>>8704264
Thanks for the detailed description anon. I already have my set of authentics but now i know how to authenticate in case I want to buy more. Appreciate the post
>>
>>8704274
You’re welcome, anon. Hopefully I’ll get some authentic ones in the future that I can keep mib but I won’t hold my breath until neca re-releases them. At least I can buy the quarter scale ones from big bad and know they’re real.
>>
>>8704264
how easy was it to take the coat off?
>>
>>8704285
aw yeah the quarterscale ones are beautiful
and for their size, the price is fucking fantastic. I remember for a while you could get em for like 80 bucks each. quarter scale! full articulation! shit's nuts.
>>
>>8704307
Not too bad, you don’t have to remove the backpack at all and just slip out one arm at a time by carefully pulling back so the coat isn’t too tight around the elbow and shoulder region. The waist strap buckle isn’t all that delicate but I was careful when removing the the strap all the same.
>>
>>8704317
oh yeah, the buckle.. that thing worries me, I feel like I wouldn't be able to thread it back through. I suppose one could simply loosen the belt and pull the coat off like an overshirt, yeah?
and while we're sharing, your hat stay on easily? I found I had to switch to the both-tails-on-one-side bandana in order to get it to even sit comfortably. The packaged one, the knot's too big.
>>
>>8704321
Yeah the strap just feeds back through the loop and I was careful not to pull too hard to tighten the coat fit because I wasn’t sure how good the stitching was and that the buckle would tear off (or if it was glued I didn’t look too closely)
I had the same problem with the hat as you, just a bit wonky and wouldn’t sit properly without the one sided bandana.
>>
>>8704323
Good to know that's consistent at least. These are pretty minor gripes.
One thing I both understand and dislike is the way the belts are handled. They're glued in the back, because that point needs to stay right where it is, but the flexibility in front is A) not QUITE slack enough (resulting in Don and Leo's belts being just a tiny smidge too high) and B) a smidge too flexible in the gap portion between the top shell and plastron, making me mess up the positioning and worry I'm gonna damage the belts every time I hold the figure by its middle.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.