[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 95 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Newly Released / Upcoming Releases
https://pastebin.com/jsaav8kB

>Lightning Collection Logbook
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hFB1kL_TdbAd7mCd2VQ1PsbE90J650W_bti5w9azKHI/edit?usp=sharing

>Archived threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/Power%20Rangers%20General%20/

Previous thread: >>8630971
>>
Did anyone buy this?
>>
>>8684436
I did
>>
>>8684437
How do you feel about it.
>>
>>8684456
I feel ambivalent about it. The plastic feels lower quality but I think that's just because it's translucent. The white is also more gray than its coming through in the promo images. The box art has some sparkly texture on it which was neat. If I didn't like Katherine Sutherland I probably would have passed since I have MMPR Pink already.
>>
>>8684436
Nah, I got Kim. Kat will always be Zeo Ranger 1 for me. I was never a huge fan os S3 of MMPR
>>
>>8684505
S3 felt like a downer for EVERYBODY.
>Falconzord and Ninjor get kidnapped
>Kimberly loses her coin
>Rangers get the shogun zords
>Master Vile shows up
>Rito is dumb
>Rangers get turned into kids
>Nobody cares about the alien rangers
>Command Center gets blown up
It was a shitshow that made me sympathize with both parties.
>>
>>8684554
This. I can see what they were trying to do by raising the stakes, but damn if it wasn't frustrating hearing that downbeat version of the theme song in almost every episode. Like can somebody besides the villains get a solid win that isn't immediately fucked up?
>>
>>8684436
no, if they want to charge more for a figure, they should include more weapons, hands, or some kind of crap besides glittery plastic, besides they'll all get rereleases in a year anyways
>>
Found this at walmart for $17 better than 30
>>
>>8686886
I got it for $20. The lowest I saw it for was $13 at another Walmart.

I saw the sticker for it on the shelve 2 months after everyone had spotted it but never saw it in stock. One day the sticker was gone and thought i missed it.

2 months later I got an alert of it in stock but they went directly to discount. They were never in the toy isle with the rest of the Power Rangers stuff.
>>
>>8686898
I think some employee just found it hidden somewhere ether way I never felt $30 was worth it
>>
>>8686886
$17 is a great deal but I think $30 was still easily worth a fully articulated completely new sculpt with more paint apps than we tend to get from the standard $20 releases, and a large light up Zordon tube. My only complaint about it is Alpha's head sculpt, like many LC releases, isn't quite right.
>>
So. A thought on the monster line (aside from the fucked up size and other usual Hasbro shit). Thus far, we have King Sphinx and Pumpkin Rapper, with Eye Guy and Pirantis Head on the way. Honestly, I'm surprised neither wave has featured Pudgy Pig yet, who is THE quintessential MMPR monster (and probably PR monster in general), but I have no doubt he'll be coming soon, or at least eventually. I'm surprised we're getting Pirantis Head before him, but I guess he's a big enough name, being Lord Zedd's first monster who destroyed the Dino Zords and who premiered in a special, memorable prime time event.

So, my thought is... Aside from the big four of MMPR's most iconic monsters, plus Pirantis Head, who else would Hasbro go for? Other popular monsters who already got figures back in the day, like Snizard, Knasty Knight, and Vampirus? Other popular monsters who've never had action figures before, like Shellshock, Lipsyncher, and Silver Horns? Do they stick with just MMPR since that's where all the popular/iconic choices come from, at least for monsters of the week, or do they try and give love to the other seasons too? Do they stay within the Zordon era or do they try and make figures of monsters from random seasons like SPD, Jungle Fury, or Megaforce?
>>
>>8687762
I feel you desu I do like alpha more than I thought I would but the light gimmick on zordon is more underwhelming than I was expecting, I thought the light would come from behind zordon not underneath but it still looks cool glad i finally have them.
>>
File: _20210110_114408.jpg (56 KB, 1557x175)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>8687790
Codes were found for two more monsters, one from In Space and one from Lost Galaxy.
>>
>>8688544
Why would they just outright use Eye Guy and Pirantis Head's names and then use code names for the other two? Neat, though.
>>
>>8687790
I'm still rooting for Vore Frog!
>>
>>8686898
>The lowest I saw it for was $13 at another Walmart.
please middleman
>>
File: 1579115528327.gif (4 MB, 300x200)
4 MB
4 MB GIF
>>8688544
>Never-ever Ecliptor gets a LC
>It's out of scale with Astronema
>>
>>8688877
>Never-ever Ecliptor
Ecliptor is probably the most certain post MMPR villain there is given the popularity of his series/he himself, and the fact that he can be repainted/retooled into 4 variations.
>>
File: Tengu-Warriors-MMPR-Movie.jpg (756 KB, 1920x1080)
756 KB
756 KB JPG
Think we'll get more monster troopers?
>>
>>8687790
>>8688844
Gimme my boy Bones
>>
File: ritas-gang.jpg (68 KB, 541x400)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>8687790
Kinda shocked they haven't gone for the obvious already.
>>
>>8688940
tengas, cogs, and quantrons would be good. maybe piranhatrons. maybe mastodon sentries from the comics since it'd be cheap reuse. everything else was so forgettable, though.
>>
>>8688951
Bones, Knasty Knight, and Lipsyncher would make for amazing LC figures, I think. Actually, probably a lot of the Dairanger monsters would, since they're almost all just "human body with weird monster head."

>>8688959
I'm sure Finster, Squatt, and Baboo (as well as Scorpina and Rito) are inevitable, even if it takes a while. At least I'd like to hope so.
>>
>>8687790
I don't think we will get Pudgie Pig given how polarizing he is (a good chunk of the fanbase hate him and the episode he's in, to the point that the show itself acknowledged how garbage PP was as far as the introduction of Lord Zed arc having the Rangers opine that now that they had a serious villain, they wouldn't be fighting lamoids like Pudgie Pig anymore).
>>
>>8687790
It'll never happen but my favourite set of monsters are from Jungle Fury, if they made all the Five Fingers of Poison I'd buy them even if the scale if whack
>>
When are we getting Bulk and Skull, and what outfits should we get?
>>
>>8688844
>The one monster everyone would be okay with being much larger then it was on screen and ALSO completely hollow if it meant you could stuff full Rangers inside him

Come on Hasbro if you're so cheap he's perfect
>>
>>8688900
I dont remember his variations at all.
>>
Bad news; the Blue SPD/A-Sqad set I ordered in December STILL hasn't shown up in the mail yet.

Good news, the loose Skyler Blue SPD head I ordered on Ebay, to put on a Red SPD body I also ordered with stimulus money (but hasn't arrived yet), a week ago came in the mail this weekend.

At this rate, I'll have a Red SPD Skyler before the actual Blue SPD Skyler comes in the mail.....
>>
File: nGeki'sMOW05.jpg (3.21 MB, 2400x3492)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
>>8689000
Dude same
>>
>>8688829
It happens Adam, Kat, Tenga, Cassie.

>>8688850
That was months ago its gone now. The morphers at $25 are gone too. My store had 18+. Probably 6 sold at full price.

>>8688877
Ecliptor will be in the regular line. Darkliptor would be cool in the monster line.

>>8688940
Coming sooner than you think.

>>8689018
One shoulder, common two shoulder like in Legacy Wars, Cyber Ecliptor, Red Ecliptor.
>>
>>8689025
oo these are awesome designs
>>
>>8688999
polarizing? what the fuck? hes no sillier than most of the monster designs, and hes at least memorable
>>
File: Bulk_and_Skull.jpg (22 KB, 357x279)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>8689001
The first result in google images. I shit you not.
>>
>>8689161
Lol!
>>
>>8684436
I did, it grew on me as a figure. Like the transparency as it kinda "pops" in my collection. Plus its my stand in until i get the real pink ranger.
>>
>>8689001
The Incredible Bulkster & Super Skull
>>
>>8689001
>Punks
>Incredible Bulkster & Super Skull
>Cops
>Detectives
>Boom OCs
Much to my dismay it'll probably be the Boom bullshit.
>>
>>8688999
You are literally the first person I have ever heard say anything bad about Pudgy Pig since his debut in 1993, either in person or online. He's goofy, sure... But it's Power Rangers. MMPR, specifically. "Goofy" comes with the territory. He's debatably MMPR's most iconic monster.

>>8689001
>>8689161
We should get four versions of them:
>Punks (though I'm torn - do they go with the Season 1 "bad boy" versions, or the more relaxed Season 2 versions, with Bulk's 'B' vest and Skull's '?' beret?)
>Junior Police officers
>Incredible Bulkster and Super Skull
>Purple and Orange Rangers (Boom Comics)
>>
>>8688844
My penis wills it
>>
>>8689025
That pig monster is the thing of nightmares!
Sexy, sexy nightmares!

exhentai of all places actually has a pretty good stock of toku artbook scans, if anyone wants to see more.
>>
MMPR full team 6 pack when
>>
>>8689275
Something about Sentai Elgar always creeped me out. Also weird that he somehow ended up in the Turbo movie in original footage.
>>
File: IMG_6699.2.jpg (109 KB, 800x1067)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>8687790
i need me a new Spidertron
>>
being a UK LC fan is suffering.

everything interesting bought instantly even with sellers having limits. some items not even showing up and exclusives that don't even get released in your country. not to mention ebay GSP prices tripling the prices of figures.

I just wanna complete the MMPR team. At least the monster figures don't sell out instantly.
>>
>>8689348
Who are you missing fellow britbong? I've been thinking about parting with my LC stuff for space and to get the cash back.
>>
>>8689385
Pretty much the entire MMPR team sans White and Fighting Spirit Green and a couple extra putties.
>>
File: globbor.jpg (443 KB, 905x350)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
Globbor 3-pack, with Blue, Ninjor, and Ranger forms. Comes with his big energy-draining hands.
>>
>>8688544
I can't think of any memorable MOTDs from either series off the top of my head. I mean Psycho Ranger monster forms I guess, but I wouldn't really consider those MOTDs, though I suppose they would fit in the monsters line all the same. Psycho Red's monster form could also be repainted as Lightspeed Rescue's Ghouligan.
>>
>>8688844
one of the few that should be big af
>>
Which is the best Drakkon? I kinda want one
>>
File: -drakkon-new-dawn.jpg (272 KB, 1920x1080)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>8690180
>Which is the best Drakkon?
Kim, not sure if she'll get a figure anytime soon tho.
>>
>>8690180
For Tommy Drakkon, I'd say hasbros standard release has better looking sculpt than bandai, but still missing paint.
>>
>>8689348
https://a1toys.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=Power%20Rangers%20Lightning&fbclid=IwAR10PtRfeLP8LLKth-m8QspeWj4ddfu2EnhvuuNILu9GkivWwIsaQ4zmrYw

https://www.comicsandcocktails.co.uk/store/POWER-RANGERS-c33616153

https://www.toysarama.co.uk/action-figures/power-rangers-lightning?fbclid=IwAR1UDYXZDg21G2nikYUaT8xhIdDdAZoSq-DXa1utO8KTHQpk54iBI-vtfOw

https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/product-category/other-figures/power-rangers-lightning-collection/?fbclid=IwAR27jIn1wBJVNJ78BzXXi4MG7BQycPMslA3Zm23jomCawEInDgzNUYFFIOw
>>
>>8690236
as I was saying, all the figures I want are sold out on those sites.
>>
>>8689025
If I didn't know better, I'd swear these were Monster Hunter armors.
>>
>>8689025
Gimme that fucking gator one. Damn.
>>
>>8689000
>>8689025
You know what would be cool but never happen? If they released that season's foot soldier (I can't remember the specific name) they could have a spot in there heads where you can put the animal mantle on them (which was used in the series to turn them into the MotW) and each monster release would come with the respective mantle you can then put on the soldier.
>>
>>8690575
Toss the animal mantles in with the rangers, Dai Shi (whatever version they go with) and Camille. It's only a small piece.
I imagine RJ would come with an extra effects piece to make up for him not using weapons.
>>
>>8690439
A lot of MH armor is actually inspired by Toku and Sentai.
>>
File: cover1470489626.jpg (83 KB, 420x595)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>8688951
>make ogon bat costume
>use it as a monster
toei what the fuck
>>
>>8690213
dat Scorpina O.O
>>
>>8690575
Is that a Sentai Joker?
>>
>>8691586
Toei actually considered making a live action Ogon Bat show in the 70s and 80s. Its possible they reused some existing costume.
>>
Okay, question for people who are excited about the monster line: We all know everyone loves the Zyuranger and Zyu2 monsters, so those are obvious. But, aside from the Zyus, which OTHER section of MMPR monsters are you looking forward to/hoping for most: The Dairanger monsters or the Kakuranger monsters?
>>
>>8692182
Dai and Kaku both have really good monsters but a lot of my favorites never got adapted like the 3 Gorma Idiots. Shadam, Akomaru, Gorma XV and Birdcage Vagrant. Lets see
Four Head
Skelerena
Scarlet Sentinel
Pipe Brain
From Alien/Kaku
Parrot Top
Rito
Barbaric Brothers
See Monster
Calcifire
Hate Master
The dream is the Hanarangers somehow.
>>
>>8692266
>the 3 Gorma Idiots
One of them was, at least.
>>
>>8688940
As soon as one mmpr movie figure comes out I would believe but probably in a two pack
>>
>>8688940
God I'd love the crows. They were cute as fuck. I want Ivan Ooze just to ham it up on my shelf too.
>>
>>8692338
I give Ivan Oooze's actor credit for pronouncing their name the proper Japanese way with an oo sound at the end, instead of tango like the dance.
>>
>>8692526
I mean, it's spelled "Tengu" Warriors. Assuming he knows how to read, it would've been weird if he hadn't.
>>
>>8692526
It's Tengu in the movie, Tenga in the show. Also Ninjetti in the movie versus Ninja in the show. This was a legal measure since the movie was originally owned by Fox, and anything created specifically for the movie was Fox's IP. Saban somehow worked out a deal to use costumes from the movie, but he couldn't call them the same thing.
>>
>>8687762
>I think $30 was still easily worth a fully articulated completely new sculpt with more paint apps than we tend to get from the standard $20 releases
Hasbro has tricked you into believing this.
>>
I've been kind of out of the loop.
So far all the monsters we have are Goldar, Pumpkin Rapper, and King Sphinx, right?
>>
>>8694905
Yes. plus Rita & Zed if you count those.
>>
>>8694921
Thanks.
>>
>>8694905
>>8694921
Also, Putty Patroller and Z-Putty.
>>
Anyone have Astronema and Goldar? Can you do a side by side size comparison. I want to see how she'd scale with Ecliptor.
>>
>>8695405
about here at the teethline, not quite a full head short, just above his shoulders
>>
I wonder if Hasbro can do some of the Beetleborgs and Masked Rider since they appeared in Power Rangers.
>>
File: _20210113_093720.jpg (234 KB, 1200x891)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>8694905
There's some lesser articulated Beast Morphers/Dino Fury monsters in their respective lines. Which I'd personally rather have had a cheaper King Sphinx with basic articulation that's actually in scale with the Rangers versus the fully articulated oversized behemoth we got.
>>
>>8695434
Thanks. Hopefully her re-releases she wont be flat footed and it will help out a bit.
>>
>>8695525
They already have SHF which are lightyears better than the LC so why bother
>>
>>8695671
The villians in that basic line are great! Led me back to collecting rangers again.
>>
File: mmpr-toy09-big.jpg (57 KB, 576x303)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>8696112
I think most villains could and really should be done in that cheaper format. Someone like Goldar or Scorpina I'd want to be fully poseable, but is 17 points of articulation not enough for guys like Squatt, Baboo, or even Rita? All they do is stand around. And even though the monsters of the week fight, they're little more than props for the Rangers to beat up on. Even in the show a lot of them were barely mobile. I never had any complaints about the old Bandai monsters. Most of them only had around 5 points of articulation, but they were cheap, looked awesome, and provided great canon fodder for my Rangers.

Ultimately I just don't see a $30 monster line sustaining itself for very long even if Hasbro gets their shit together and fixes future waves. The well known MMPR monsters will move, but once you try to branch out into the more obscure ones or other seasons I think it will be a hard sell. Hell $20 would be a hard sell for unmemorable monster #28 from Lightspeed Rescue. Basic figures would be much cheaper to produce and allow for bigger waves and more obscure characters.
>>
>>8696204
Yeah but then you couldnt scam fanboys
>>
File: EefZCBrXgAA7l67.jpg (176 KB, 789x1114)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>8692156
Garo was supposed to be an Ogon Bat tokusatsu at one time before they went for a wolf theme
>>
File: flabber.jpg (26 KB, 320x240)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>8696073
>dat fee when no SHF of Flabber and the monsters ever
>>
>>8696204
I never really thought about it before, but it's weird that they released Stag Beetle as a Season 1 monster when he wasn't out until Season 2. It's too bad we never got the Scorpina or Mutaytus figures they had planned.
>>
>>8696276
Who would even be holding the rights to those characters the the moment?
>>
3ft tall Serpentera figure when
>>
>>8697296
I like you. Hopefully they make one soon.
>>
>>8697266
The House Monsters were Saban original creations, so I'd imagine Hasbro would, wouldn't they?

>>8697296
Can't wait for the shit paint job where the entire thing is Green Ranger green, the antlers/shoulders/hands/feet are cheddar cheese orange, the eyes are red, and then that's it.
>>
File: 02329.jpg (25 KB, 640x359)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>8697222
All of those were part of the season 2 toyline released in the fall of 94. Robogoat was originally to be in that first series of 5" ESAs, but he ended up being omitted along with Rita, Scorpina, and Mutitus to reduce the case count to twelve. Of those twelve, six were Zyu2 monsters. At the same time six 8" Evil Space Aliens were released, which were Zedd (based on early concept art) and five Zyu2 monsters. I doubt Bandai knew which Zyu2 monsters were going to be used in season 1 versus season 2 when the fall waves were finalized, so it's likely a coincidence that Stag Beetle ended up being the only season 2 monster in the first series of 5" figures. It should also be noted that 15 of the 25 Zyu2 monsters were used in season 1, so it would be expected to skew that way.

What's really interesting is how Bandai completely ignored any proper Dairanger monster figures, even in the second series released in spring of 95. The only Dairanger monsters they made were 2" non-poseable figures of Silver Horns and Skellerina.
>>
>>8695671
I feel like I'm the only person here that has no issue with monsters being fuckhuge.
>>
>>8682642
Looks like Amazon still has it. Ships From/Sold By Amazon com

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-Legacy-Golden-Staff/dp/B074KLFKP9/ref=sr_1_33?crid=IMMLI1UGD9MM&dchild=1&keywords=power+rangers+lightning&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1610609872&refinements=p_6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER&rnid=275224011&s=toys-and-games&sprefix=Power+Rangers+Ligh%2Ctoys-and-games%2C212&sr=1-33

Amazon sellers have it for $90.
>>
>>8697482
>What's really interesting is how Bandai completely ignored any proper Dairanger monster figures, even in the second series released in spring of 95. The only Dairanger monsters they made were 2" non-poseable figures of Silver Horns and Skellerina.
That is bizarre, isn't it? Sure, not all of them were great looking, but a few of them - Silver Horns, Lipsyncher, Doomstone, Pipe Brain, Jaws of Destruction, Terror Blossom - would've made for really nice figures. But hey, at least we got Pythor...
>>
>>8689231
>>8689161
>>8689001
Didn't they get Ranger forms?
>>
File: 1408839305925.jpg (24 KB, 300x300)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>8696204
Pls
>>
File: Purple-and-Orange-Rangers.jpg (1.69 MB, 1988x3056)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
>>8697660
In a short story in the comics, yeah.
>>
>>8688951
this would be an ok golden bat placeholder
>>
>>8697707
Fuck that's bad
Jesus
>>
>>8697712
It was a short one off comedic story, so I guess they decided to give it a 'wacky' art style. As long as they made the Purple and Orange Ranger figures realistic and match the rest of the MMPR (and get rid of Bulk's exposed gut), I wouldn't mind.

Also deluxe transforming Baconadon and Featherdactyl Zords please.
>>
File: Zordon Cringe.jpg (19 KB, 201x321)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>8697707
>>
How does he feel knowing that his ranger will never be in the lightning collection
>>
>>8697940
Good
>>
File: 52334c395e938_8993n.jpg (21 KB, 376x410)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>8697623
>Pythor
We're never gonna find out the story behind that guy are we? Other monsters we got which didn't appear in the show originated from the Sentai and were clearly Bandai not knowing what footage was gonna end up being used in Power Rangers, but Pythor is a complete anomoly. Aesthetically he looks like he could be a Zyu2 design.
>>
>>8697544
>I feel like I'm the only person here that has no issue with monsters being fuckhuge.
I guess you're the only one here needing to overcompensate for a microdick.
>>
>>8697940
And everyone breathed a sigh of relief.
>>
>>8697940
I just wanna know how they'll do it. Kid head with an adult body? Kid body? The only good solution would be a two-pack with both kid and adult bodies but I don't really see that happening.
>>
>>8696073
the SHFs are 200 each for the Beetleborgs and they they didn't do Metallix.
>>
>>8697986
>200 each
If you don't do your research maybe
>>
>>8697953
Adult body but the kid body in civilian clothes comes in a 2-pack with Blue Senturion
>>
>>8697953
Adult body with no head, and maybe a civilian down the line. I’d really dig a kid size Blue Turbo ranger though, idk why he’d just be a neat little mini man.
>>
How are you guys collecting this line? Is anyone buying everything? I'm trying to restrain myself. Getting just one or two characters for a season I like besides MMPR. That's gonna lead to some problems though because I like Ninja Storm but overall none of the characters really stick out to me.
>>
>>8698107
I'm only collecting figures I like, with the number of straight up repacks there are in this line it makes o sense to collect everything
>>
>>8698107
Nah, I'm pretty done after MMPR. I just need a single release Rita really and I'll be happy. I'd love for a Bulk and Skull but I feel like we'll be waiting a while. Outside of MMPR I got a couple of figures here and there but the QC is just too hit and miss on these guys to continue collecting stuff I only have passing interest in. I thought about Zeo since they're my second favorite team but the inconsistencies between those figures is just too much for me.
>>
>>8698139
I regret getting further in to it. My original plan was just to get MMPR Red, White, and Zeo Gold. Don't fall in to the trap like I did where you'll find a couple on sale then end up getting even more.
>>
File: blake-foster-morphing.gif (913 KB, 400x300)
913 KB
913 KB GIF
>>8698080
Kid sized Blue Turbo isn't out of the question. Justin is seen that way before growing in the original morph sequence, and whenever he's in the Power Chamber sans helmet.
>>
>>8698160
>it's not out of the question
Making a brand new mold for one of the most reviled characters in the entire franchise doesn't seem at all likely
>>
>>8698161
The same manchidlren who supposedly hate him would without a doubt buy the figure.
>>
>>8698166
>Nuh-uh! You really like him!
Whatever you say, Blake
>>
>>8698161
He hasn't been reviled since forever. There's been much worse since then.
>>
>>8698152
I already made a hard stance for myself on just MMPR stuff. Like I said, a single release Rita is really all I want other than Bulik and Skull. The monsters, while cool, just aren't cutting it for me with the lack of paint and the weird scale. I have a few Boom comic figures like Drakkon and Ranger Slayer but I don't really see myself getting anything else from Boom. Hasbro couldn't trick me into paying $50 for Drakkon v3.
>>
>TFW your favorite Carranger is Naoki and then they made him into this shit
>>
>>8697707
Fuck I hate this.
>>
>>8698251
The comics are all terrible without exception. Nothing good has ever come out of them.
>>
>>8698254
You're almost right, though I would say one good thing came from them.
>>
>>8698254
I almost wouldn’t hate it if they took it a little more seriously. Like, have them become fit rangers, with cool costumes, and serious zords, and all that bullshit. Then have them still act like Bulk ‘n’ Skull.
>>
>>8698107
I stopped buying it after the monsters were revealed to be 8 inches. I'm just here to shitpost.
>>
>>8698279
Comic books are woke crap garbage that no one buys.
>>
>>8698107
I’m just going to finish the in space team to go with the psychos. Maybe ninja storm if they get that far. Besides the in space figures I have Zedd, Magna Defender, and DT White. If they make Quantum Ranger I’ll get that
>>
>>8698107
Primarily collecting the dino-themed teams, but also SPD and, if they finally release more, Lost Galaxy. I've got store credit for Target and have been tempted to either get the SPD Blue pack or the lone Pumpkin Rapper they have.
>>
>>8697953
Release Storm Blaster with adult size Justin, make the kid size version part of the main line.
>>
>>8698166
>Manchildren
Dude I was 8 when this happened. Sucked then, still sucks now.
>>
>>8698254
>Nothing good has ever come out of them.
Hey now, some awesome monsters of the week have come from the comics, though sadly none of them have ever really gotten a chance to shine. They've mostly been "HAHA, I AM [EVIL NAME]! PREPARE TO--" *explodes* But the names and designs have been nice.
>>
>>8698279
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing a serious take on "what if Bulk and Skull became Power Rangers", I can almost imagine a episode where Zedd wants to make more evil Rangers but Goldar is an idiot and picks the two worse people possible.
>>
File: murderer.jpg (45 KB, 600x300)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>8697940
We'll get him eventually.

This guy, on the other hand...
>>
>>8698107
Just the monsters + Rita, Zedd, and Goldar. I play Heroes of the Grid and the miniatures from that game satisfy my Power Rangers merchandise desires, except I fuckin love monsters in general so I buy those LC figures
>>
>>8698279
>>8699113
For what it's worth, in the comic they became Rangers because the MMPR had been captured inside of a monster (I forget if it was from Rita or Zedd) and they did successfully destroy the monster and rescue the MMPR, so they were fairly competent at it.
>>
>>8697953
It's just going to be the kid head.
>>
>>8698107
Just the mmpr, rita, zed, goldar and some putties
Debating whether or not to go In Space and Ninja Storm
>>
File: tyranno anger.gif (964 KB, 300x225)
964 KB
964 KB GIF
I'm NOT buying MMPR red until they fix the helmet. How shit out of luck am I?
>>
>>8699425
MMPR outsells everything else ten to one, they’ll reissue those with minor fixes until the line dies
>>
>>8699123
We'll get Wild Force Red, no civilian head tho.
>>
>>8699478
That’s ok, I’ll make a custom and give him a sword
>>
>>8697940
>>8699123
Why are we not getting human heads?
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (13 KB, 300x300)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>8699478
I don't see why not. He's in jail on manslaughter not murder. Matthew Broderick committed double manslaughter and got a fucking Happy Meal toy with his face.
>>
>>8699499
Hasbro will do anything to avoid controversy. So they might avoid making Ricardo Medina’s head just because they don’t need to make it.

As for Blake, it might be weird to have a kid’s head for an adult body. And his adult head looks too different from his kid look, so there’s no real point for that either. They have a couple possibilities:
>adult body, no head
>adult body, kid head on adult body
>adult body, non-canon adult head

And possibly a civilian Blake or a mini-Blue Turbo Ranger with Blake’s head. But those also seem unlikely.

>>8699519
Yeah, I don’t think he even did anything wrong, but Hasbro might not do it because they have little to gain and a lot to lose. I expect whatever they do, they’ll end up doing the same for Ninja Storm Red, since he was alleged to hit his wife and stuff.
>>
>>8699548
Of those options, adult body, no head seems most likely.
>>
>>8698107
I love my Legacy figures. Since I completed my MMPR and In Space core teams and not re-buying them I'm saving money.

So when it comes to re-releases like Goldar and in the future Astronema. If I like them i'll buy the re-releases as well.

I picked up Pumpkin Rapper because he scales perfect with the Legacy MMPR team. I'm done with monsters of the week though.

For the In Space team I have the Legacy Psycho Rangers. If anything I might pick up Darkonda if he's the same scale as Goldar.

The ones I'll buy for sure are Scorpina, Astronema re-release, Ecliptor, Zhane, Quantrons, Rita Repulsa re-release, Rito Revolto.

Bonuses and probably would get are Baboo, Squat, and Finster.
>>
>>8699562
Yeah I agree. I’d be fine with that, and I’d love to see the actor get pissed about it. He fucking sucks, he’s always trashing on something.

>>8699800
So do you just have a Psycho team that’s missing pink and yellow? And I guess you’re waiting for an Astronema that’s going to be way too small for your figs?
>>
MMPR 5 pack when?
>>
>>8699123
I really hope we do get a cole, I want my forever red lineup. Speaking of, would they do Eric Myers? They did Wes and they’re almost identical so I worry they won’t. Would be based to have a civilian head of Dan Southworth
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (538 KB, 1590x1600)
538 KB
538 KB JPG
When are we getting a Thunder Megazord in a three pack for us poorfags?
>>
File: 81bCjR+8iWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (209 KB, 1500x892)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>8699425
They fixed it, you just have to buy a seperate three pack to get it and put it on the Legacy.
>>
>>8698107
I'm in a fairly similar boat to >>8698112
I intended originally just to get MMPR because that's the only series I ever paid attention to as a kid (I never really watched the series and really hated the suit for the following two series so dropped it pretty fast), but I saw Time Force Red on the shelf and loved the design, ended up getting into the original Sentai Time Ranger series, so really those are the only two teams I'm a definite on completing. Though I may have fallen down the Japanese Vinyl rabbit hole as well so, lateral move I guess?
>>
>>8700617
Why does all of Hasbro's basic stuff feel like cheap shit now? I got this three pack and all the figures felt like they actively want to break apart when moving, I've experienced this with a bunch of other basic figures Hasbro makes.
>>
>>8700572
>They did Wes and they’re almost identical so I worry they won't.
They've released a second Zedd which only has a bit more paint on his hands and a corrected staff, a second Goldar without wings, a second Psycho Red and Blue which are identical, a second Green Ranger with his sheath on the opposite hip and less paint apps, and a second Galaxy Red which only has different accessories. If you think they're not gonna make a 6th Ranger just because he's similar to the Red Ranger of his season you're being silly. The only question is if he'll be a single release or multi-pack.
>>
>>8700340
Yeah I'm missing Psycho Pink/Yellow. With Legacy Psycho Silver and Psycho Green though Red, Blue, Black don't feel as random or incomplete.

I actually bought the 2 pack. I was going to wait but seeing Astronema scale with LC Andros. Now that's an incentive to get LC Zhane. I wasn't going to get him originally because of the size. But now I can set Zhane and Astronema together and they'll fit in on their own. That plus it was my favorite look for Astronema so I budged.

I still hope re-releases of Astronema are a bit bigger like Rita. Torso a bit longer, the head/face not so tiny. At least not be flat footed. If she had a heel like the rangers or Rita she would size up so much better.
>>
>>8700617
I can't support that.
>>
>>8701067
Nor should you
>>
Kind of annoyed Green Ranger doesnt have a White diamond under his shield.
>>
>>8701215
don't worry. they'll make a third version.
>>
>>8701330
and a fourth green metallic with diamonds. then the amazon 6 pack regular green with diamonds.
>>
>>8700577
I would buy the hell out of a Thunder Megazord released like that. Been haveing a lot of fun with this release.
My SOC can rest
>>
>>8701215
if you have the fighting spirit one, you can heat up the torsos and swap them, creating one mediocre green ranger out of two bad ones
>>
>>8700577
I fully support them doing zords like this, thunder megazord would work well.
>>
>>8701215
I'm more annoyed that his helmet trim is all silver.

>>8701450
The shades of green are different.
>>
>>8701632
You don’t have to swap the torsos, you can just heat up the belts and swap them, and then swap the helmets, no heat required. Avoids the color issue entirely.
>>
>>8701632
That silver trim bullshit is so annoying because they did it correctly on the fighting spirit
>>
Do we have a definitive amount of waves they’re doing for the Lightning Collection? I worry they’ll pull the plug on it and have not even done any Lightspeed Rangers
>>
>>8702676
We probably got another year or two at least.
>>
I just need a pink ranger and I'm done with OG rangers. Might stop since this line is getting dumb. Will jump on for LSR.
>>
>>8700577
I’m more surprised they haven’t done Dragonzord for the line yet.
>>
>>8701511
I don't really see how.
The arms are a non-issue, hopefully, but I doubt they would be able to pull off the witchcraft needed for the legs to move on their budget bracket.
>>
File: threezero2.jpg (774 KB, 2560x1708)
774 KB
774 KB JPG
Thoughts on the upcoming ThreeZero line?
>>
>>8703023
I want to love them but the helmets for a lot of them are off. They also made the same mistake as ace and gave green a silver buckle.
>>
Looking forward to these tbqh
>>
>>8703059
>helmets for a lot of them are off

how
>>
>>8703217
Holy shit that takes me back
>>
>>8703217
Oh neat. The originals were a lot less egregious though.
>>
>>8703264
forgot file
>>
File: handdddd.jpg (54 KB, 300x441)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>8703023
They mostly look great to me, only real gripe I have is that the hands look incredibly weird. That open palmed sculpt looks very awkward, and the hands on the girls are waaaay too small, they look like baby hands! It's glaringly apparent if you put the hand next to the head, shit just looks comedic.
>>
>>8703217
did they like... double how wide these are? why? to make them actually as wide as they feel in our memories or osmething?
>>
File: lpz9avulosk11.png (970 KB, 994x1018)
970 KB
970 KB PNG
>>8703217
>>8703269
Yeah, why are these so W I D E? Bandai had this tech nailed down perfectly in the 90s, why are we getting such shit-looking versions now?
>>
>>8703277
Yes that's exactly it. I believe they also are evoking meme magic to hope these sell well.
>>
>>8696204
I'd gladly pay for a fully articulated dramole with smoke effects you can plug into his nipples.
>>
File: odta6en7xlh51.jpg (1.42 MB, 4032x3024)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>8703234
Pink's the most obvious. In some shots blue looks very off too. Same with green. But overall I think the AceToyz ones look a little better.

Red looks mostly on point, and thats historically hard to nail, so kudos on that.
>>
>>8703280
makes sense. they are pretty fucking funny. i might get Wide Jason

>>8703279
you can still buy those y'know. they were even rereleased relatively recently
>>
File: Think BIG.png (914 KB, 859x634)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
>>8703279
>>
>>8703298
>>8703279
outstanding
>>
>>8703279
>Bandai had this tech nailed down perfectly in the 90s
The originals only transformed one way. You had to manually reset them back to teens. They gave the Zeo figures the ability to transform both ways with the push of a button, but they got much wider in the process. Hasbro's transform both ways so I guess that's why they're wider.
>>
Civilian Bodies when, Hasbro?
>>
>>8703487
>ywn return to the 90s
Feel bad man
>>
>>8703749
The times aren't gonna get any simpler, but the aesthetic of the 90s is at least solidly back. Like literally JNCO-level wide leg jeans with crop tops is a pretty in-vogue look right now.
>>
File: 71irxIXXlbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (164 KB, 1500x1189)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>8703487
Get ML Shang Chi for Jason, he even comes with >>8699123 civilian head.
>>
>>8702927
They can always skip those and jump into season 3 with Ninja Megazord. Those would be much easier to do.
>>
>>8703845
How come the guys get nipples but girls can't?
>>
>>8703845
what about for White/Green Tommy
>>
File: IMG_20210115_231038[1].jpg (612 KB, 1944x2592)
612 KB
612 KB JPG
>>8703850
Red SPD Ranger finally came in the mail today; Immediately put my loose Sky head onto it so now I have a proper Red SPD Ranger.

Sadly I had to file a case against the guy who sold me a proper Blue SPD/Blue A-Team Ranger as it never showed up. Hope to get my refund super soon.
>>
File: IMG_20210116_190406[1].jpg (527 KB, 1944x2592)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>8703890
>>
File: IMG_20210116_190459[1].jpg (878 KB, 1944x2592)
878 KB
878 KB JPG
>>8703894
Left arm is a bit stiff; any solutions to how to loosen it up?
>>
File: IMG_20210116_190545[1].jpg (386 KB, 1944x2592)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>8703898
>>
File: coz-00005.png (506 KB, 720x540)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>8703487
I really wish they would. Aside from MMPR for obvious reasons In Space would be a good one to do since they have uniforms. One male and one female sculpt would get you 6 figures. I'd also love Silver Guardians Eric & Wes. They could give each an alternate generic troop head for army building. In fact Mike as Terra Venture infantry aka Starship Troopers outfit would work well for this too and be a good way of giving us a Mike head. As long as the helmet is removable it would probably work fine with the existing Leo/upcoming Kai heads.
>>
>>8703898
Microwave some water for about four minutes, then soak.
>>
File: DSC_0390c.jpg (252 KB, 800x553)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>8703845
Shirtless Rangers are a rare thing so I prefer articulated icons. You can boil/pop everything making it easy to mix parts to make different variations. I sanded down the ridge of the waist pegs to make them swappable without needing to heat them up so I can easily swap around different colored tops and bottoms.
>>
File: 20210116_214009.jpg (1.87 MB, 4032x1960)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>8703217
I saw all of them but Pink an hour ago. I appreciate they're also putting out a line similar to MotU Origins, but don't care for the body aesthetics much. Also now I'm peeved that these have the retro Bandai packaging but the World's Smallest figures don't, I assumed they didn't because of rights issues but that's apparently not an issue.
>>
>>8704108
I'd be more interested in cheap retro villains, particularly ones we never got in this scale like Rita who was cruely cancelled twice. Also Automorphins from seasons like In Space which never got any back in the day would be neat.
>>
>>8704140
A villain six pack in the five inch scale would be nice:

Rita, Goldar, Scorpina, Zedd, Rito, and Master Vile
>>
>>8684554

When it first aired, S3 was a massive roller coaster due to no spoilers existing and the fact that the show did a super good job hiding Kimberly's exit from the show or the big twist with the reverse aging/Alien Rangers storyline and how it was going to end.

In hindsight, S3 was a MASSIVE trainwreck season due to the show reaching the limits of how they could keep it going while still clinging to the Zyuranger suits and how they had no fucking choice but to use the OhRanger suits for Zeo/S4. Not to mention, them taking the stance of immediately making Rita a literal drooling retard out the gate, due to them recognizing how scary as fuck he was and how they had to make him a useless baffoon in all of the non-Kakuranger footage in order to keep soccer moms off their backs.
>>
What are the odds of us getting the SWAT versions of the SPD gang?
>>
>>8704329
Only way I see that happen is if we get the SWAT version of the Core SPD cast as a box set. And even then, we still have to get SPD Yellow and Green made first, since there would be a huge backlash if they don't get made as regular figures, since I would assume a box set would be missing the unmasked heads for cost reasons.
>>
>>8704329
Hasbro/Boom have a boner for SPD so they seem like an inevitable release down the line.

You would think the SPD set would've had SWAT Mode Sky since that's what was used the only time the teams ever faced off.
>>
>>8703845
I tried this, the proportions are way off.
>>
File: 1486956699241.jpg (519 KB, 2702x1060)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
>>8704318
Make it a season 1 pack, Rita, Finster, Squatt, Baboo, Scorpina. None of those have 5 inch figures so it would pretty much complete the 5 inch MMPR villain collection. Only Rita Putties would be missing, which would be better suited to being single packed for army building, and I guess Lokar but that's something I wouldn't ever expect to see realized in toy form.
>>
>>8704108
>>8703217
Picked up the whole lot today. Pink is only one per case. I hope they get wave 2 out soon but that’s a good joke. Can’t believe they didn’t launch the line w/out the entire line of original rangers.
>>8703023
Most likely will sell my lightning collection for them.
>>
>>8704002
Terra venture troopers would probably blow up as an army builder
>>
>>8705000
Can you post some pics? Comparisons preferably.
>>
>>8705065
Totally.
>>
>>8705065
I'd buy probably 2 multipacks since they work so perfectly as random grunts.
>>
>>8705095
Here you go friend
>>
>>8705323
Not happy how they left Trini out of the first wave. Kind of shitty honestly.
>>
>>8705325
>>
>>8705333
The heads are actually pretty neat. The flip heads are a lot of fun to mess with.
>>
>>8705335
You can combine the weapons as well. Again, no idea what hasbro was thinking when they decided not to include one of the original 5 rangers.
>>
>>8705338
Last photo.
>>
>>8704661
Huh, the 2010 Zedd scales with the original Goldar, Rito, and Vile a lot better than the original Zedd. Neat.
>>
File: 1595825246530.png (715 KB, 470x610)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
Do they have the rights to make him?
>>
>>8705437
That's not 2010. That's Legacy 2014, before they switched to the retarded 6.5" scale.
>>
>>8705563
That's actually the figure I was thinking of, I just mixed the years up. Bah.
>>
>>8705333
That looks like the mechanism the Zeo Automorphins used. Back paint is nice. How's the leg articulation?
>>
>>8705335
Billy's head sculpt is a nice improvement over the original which was based on pilot Billy. Zack is maybe slightly better. Jason I'd say is slightly worse. Kim... I'm just not seeing any semblance of the actor/character.

>>8705338
Blue and Pink's helmets look pretty great. Black looks a bit off but probably still better than the original. Red looks like an even worse version of the original. It's amazing how cursed that helmet is.
>>
>>8684424
Not a single SPD blue pack has had a goof looking helmet. I hope that (and the coloring) eventually gets fixed for the single release.
>>
>>8706131
Also, looking at the promo pics for SPD pink, did they just straight give up on the silver lining for the visor AND cheap out on her shoulder insignia AND just leave the silver off of her baton so it's a gaudy pink sex toy?
>>
>>8704108
Hasbro needs to rein in this idiot designers making these crap. These look like Five Below fodder.
>>
>>8705333
>Properly painted backs on Auto Morphing figures
I'm stunned.

>>8705338
>>8705340
It didn't hit me how dumb that decision was until I saw the blaster. Really off-putting. What are they going to do for wave 2, Trini and two Tommys?
>>
>>8706651
>What are they going to do for wave 2, Trini and two Tommys?
Auto-Morphin' Ninjor, darn it.
>>
>>8706651
A leak was found for Ranger Slayer. I wonder if it could be Trini, Green Tommy, Drakkon, and Ranger Slayer, then wave 3 could be White Tommy, Rocky, Aisha, and Adam.
>>
>>8706158
Really glad I never watched SPD because it's such a fucking shame they can't even get the helmets straight. Like for fucks sake at least do them all the same. I don't need perfection, just uniformity.
>>
>>8707029
Sorry anon, uniformity was not on our list of priorities when trying to shit on Bandai's carcus.
>>
>>8707147
>most show-authentic

oh no no no
>>
>>8707318
Honestly without the paint issues, they WOULD be the most show authentic, because the bar is THAT low. Excluding the big King Sphinx and Pumpkin Rapper.
>>
>>8707029
The figures themselves are pretty nice, if they'd just get the paint right and quit trying to cut so many corners. I painted up Shadow Ranger and he is easily one of my favorites in the entire line.
>>
>>8707374
SHF kicks the ass on anything that has a Lightning counterpart
>>
File: RedRangerComparison.jpg (65 KB, 564x590)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>8707374
lol no
>>
>>8707468
Delete these
>>
>>8707417
>>8707468
Genuinely can’t believe I’m still having to say this over a year after Hasbro made that slide for their Lightning Collection presentation, but they. Weren’t. Talking. About. Figuarts.
>>
>>8707609
>The most show accuratePower rangers figures EVER
>well except for the ones Bluefin is selling at this con right now.
>>
>>8707619
>muh dead line milked the molds so now Hasbro has competition
>>
File: KingSphincter.jpg (669 KB, 986x1120)
669 KB
669 KB JPG
>>8707318
Loving every laugh with this trainwreck line.
>>
>>8707468
The lightning collection looks like a shit bootleg
>>
>>8707776
Make this the next OP pic
>>
>>8707468
>left: talented Asian sculptor done by hand
>right: hapa instagram thot cad that never plays with toys unless it vibrates
>>
Goldar's only like 5 foot 6
>>
>>8707029
The shoulder insignias are another point of contention for me. In the show, they're basically just printed onto the spandex, so it'd be fine if it were just a flat decal. However, Red and Blue have nicely sculpted badges, Omega has a lazy little decal outline in gold without the background lines or the word 'POLICE', and it looks like Pink's is a decal of a fan-made recreation that at least looks closer than Omega's. Either have them all sculpted, like the first release with Red, or have them all be decals. This bouncing back and forth is pissing me off.
>>
notice how the line goes to shit after they shitcan the guys who were handling it at the start. for shame, hasbro.
>>
>>8707859
of course, toybro and fwoosh demanding bigger guys for their six inch 1/12 collection to fight. why pay glorified consultants when interns can do it for free?
>>
>>8707867
I'm sorta glad I only really want the MMPR team and Zeo Gold figures. Feel sorry for the fans of the later series.
>>
>>8707859
Don't worry, Warden will fix it

And if not you won't see it until 2022 anyway since outside of the Dino Fury stuff that's the earliest we'll see anything Lightning collection by the Warden team
>>
I just want a Scorpina
>>
>>8705763
>>
Has anyone had trouble attaching sphinxs wings? Ive pushed so hard i thought itd snap. Asked hasbro but i guess im so dumb they cant answer, currently using blue tack to hold them on but i cant flex out the wings.
>>
>>8708115
>these cheap automorphins have considerably better hip range than the lightning collection
>>
File: 1580807179150.jpg (79 KB, 756x804)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>Sneak peek at Lightning Collection Maligore
>>
>>8708280
That has way too much paint to be LC.
>>
>>8705512
Better yet, does anyone have the right to make him?
>>
>>8707468
>>8707794
>>8707809
I love how no one has any qualms with the figuarts. No civilian head, the arms have elbows breaking up the sculpt of the gloves, and the diamond pattern is broken up by the ab crunch and the shoulders. And the helmet sculpt is inaccurate on both, although it’s worse on Hasbro’s.

Lightning collection isn’t even close to perfect but the Figuarts leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>8708482
>No civilian head
who fucking cares this much about the suit actors? is it an america thing to desire a likeness of child hood heroes to bust a nut over?
>>
File: 71rNLrhrbEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (111 KB, 1000x1000)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>8708490
Hasbro's been giving us removable helmets and alt heads for decades. Getting the actor's head is a decent compromise over never getting street clothes figures.

Although I do admit so far most of the likenesses have been off by a lot.
>>
File: 1586273483316.png (1.17 MB, 500x867)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>8708482
>no Civilian head

They did make one just for US fans.
>>
>>8708490
This, I don't give a fuck about some can't-act that was good at doing spin kicks 25 years ago
>>
File: 20210118_221609.jpg (1.68 MB, 2482x3508)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
Flame Toys combiner Dino Megazord
>>
>>8708753
Time out! Does it convert?
>>
>>8708753
Apparently has diecast parts also. Now to wait for the price.
>>
>>8708753
Best thing Hasbro’s done with the license is giving it to someone else
>>
File: BasicLCCompare.jpg (597 KB, 1000x943)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
>>8708482
No one is saying the figuarts are perfect, but in spite of being 6 years newer the LC are much worse. The proportions are god awful and the articulation has senseless restrictions like not being able to place their arms at their sides and not being able to do more than a 45 degree split. That's not even taking into account the constant fuckups with accuracy/consistency. These are not the "Most show-authentic Power Rangers figures EVER!" that we were promised. They aren't even close. Hell I'd argue Hasbro's basic $10 figures are more "show-authentic", the LC is THAT bad.
>>
>>8708753
Disgusting
>>
Ninjetti form LC when
>>
>>8708482
>No civilian head
A nice bonus, but not necessary.
>the arms have elbows breaking up the sculpt of the gloves
Eh, I'll give you this one.
>the diamond pattern is broken up by the ab crunch and the shoulders
It's the correct size, though. Hasbro's diamond is half the size it should be because they're trying to fit it over the ab crunch.
>>
>>8708759
Yes.
>>
File: 4TWOuU[1].png (1.22 MB, 1175x924)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>8707411
I just realized they painted Astronemas headband black on the figure. Its supposed to be all silver or gray.
>>
File: 46890.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>8708482
>No civilian head
What a loss!
>>
>>8708753
>Japanese company
>Making a Sentai Mecha/Megazord and marketing it under Power Rangers
That'll never not be funny to me, I already saw a Japanese tweet crossing fingers for Bio Robo
That poor bastard is getting nothing but Zyuranger
>>
>>8708753
Surprised Japanese Sentai fans aren't tired of the constant Zyurangers and Daizyujin merch, especially the stuff made in their country
>>
Nipland's reaction
https://twitter.com/search?q=大獣神&src=typed_query&f=live
>>
>>8709111
The fact that she doesn't have her high heels bothers me more than it should.
>>
>>8703269
As a kid, I always hated the fact they kept putting the power coin designs on the Ranger's chests. To this day I wonder why they went and did that.

I remember finding some KOs of these figures in 1994 called "Super Rangers" that didn't have them. Bought the red and blue ones, really enjoyed them, but their joints snapped pretty quickly.
>>
>>8709410
Probably because western superheros usually have their emblems over their chests. So it's a carry-over for the toys.
>>
>>8708753
Not sold on the wings and tail. I'll wait for photos
>>
>>8709214
>>8709277
>>8709479
Flame Toys is a Chinese company, not Japanese. Previously they made fully articulated, non-transforming, super stylized Transformers stuff under license from Hasbro. There was a bit of drama involving them recently - they made a very articulate Optimus Prime that doesn't transform, and immediately afterwards some other company also from China announced their version of it which does transform, looks exactly the same, made from the same material and has the same articulation, leading to the inevitable C&D.
>>
>>8709495
>making a premium Transformers toy
>that doesn't transform
Deserved it
>>
>>8709502
On various places people are already dabbing on the announcement and calling it wacky, not to mention racist, names like Soul of Chinkgokin. I personally want to see what they can do with their first actual transformer (heh), but I do get the feeling that it will be one of those things they will eventually regret in the long run.
>>
>>8708761
Their diecast Transformers cost about $500 expect the same or higher here
>>
>>8709342
I disagree. When they are pushing a line to be the most show accurate and they keep making mistakes like this it gets old fast
>>
>>8709512
>Soul of Chinkgokin
Okay, I laughed.
>>
>>8709342
>>8709519
This is the first result in Google images which shows her feet. You don't expect the hard working women at Hasbro to do more research than that do you?
>>
>>8709410
Damn, I had the red one. But I can't remember either the left or the right shoulder which was snapped.
>>
>>8708482
>higher quality plastic
>better paint
>better articulation
>better proportions
>more accessories
Yeah it really is a mystery why people prefer the shf...
>>
>>8708482
Yeah let's not forget the horrible bottleneck torso shapes, honestly horrible hip engineering, the weirdly god awful QC for the 2011 sentai stuff on top of head and neck sizes being way off.
And the shoulder articulation genuinely sucking for the sake of retaining the weird suit cuffs.

Hell the only thing PRLC really messes up with is the way the upper torso poses it makes the chest seem to broad bodyshape wise.
>>
>>8709833
It’s a mystery why people keep saying it’s perfect, is what I was saying. Which you would know, if you weren’t so caught up in your brand wars bullshit that you rushed past actually reading my post.
>>
>>8710019
>why people keep saying it’s perfect
Are you new? People talk all the time about how not even the figuarts gets the tyrannosaurus helmet sculpt correct
>>
>>8708753
Easy pass. Ill stick to my SOC.
>>
>>8710019
>It’s a mystery why people keep saying it’s perfect
Nobody has said this, retard.
>>
>>8708753
What is this even supposed to be. Looks like comic OC shit
>>
>>8708753

I really don't get the chest. Is it the T-rex's mouth?
>>
>>8710207
>I’m not going to dig through dozens of archived threads to prove you wrong so I’ll settle for calling you a retard
>>
>>8710300
Nah, they just made the existing chest pattern look more like teeth
>>
>>8710307

So what, the pterodactyl's chest comes off while the rest goes on the back?
>>
>>8708482
>No civilian head
God I pray everyday for the already limited budget to be saved from civilian heads. Would be a step in the right direction.

>>8710019
And people talk about the age of Sentai Figuarts all the time, especially with so much time having passed and Bandai's tokusatsu teams having well surpassed themselves. Only Akaranger can really compete with modern Toku SHF, but just barely as its production was only done partway through Bandai's evolution.

Even with their age, they have so much the LCs lack. A more fully realized weapon loadout, more accurate weapons and gear, more hands, better paint application, more paint in general. Not one thing there I'd give up for a civillian head. Now way. The one weakness of body proportions isn't fully addressed by LC. Some of the LC bodies are weird, MMPR's especially. Not only that, but Bandai was able to improve a lot, just never getting to demonstrate that improvement with Super Sentai.
>>
>>8710306
There's no way to show you via proof that no one is calling them perfect. The burden of proof is on you to provide any instances of this. I bet you can't even find one.
>>
>>8710397
>Even with their age, they have so much the LCs lack. A more fully realized weapon loadout, more accurate weapons and gear, more hands, better paint application, more paint in general.
I’m not going to act like LC would have those things with a higher price point, but I do feel like you can chalk most of that up to a higher price point. And it wasn’t all roses either: they had the same crap where you had to buy multiple rangers to get all the forms of the blade blaster. Comparing the original red’s price point in 2014 to LC’s red in 2019, you’re looking at an almost-double price tag for the SHF. It’s more of a difference if you look at the 2018 SHF Red with the Jason head for fairness sake on the accessory front, although it being an exclusive probably bumps that price up a decent amount.

>Not one thing there I'd give up for a civillian head.
No one is suggesting that. I really doubt anyone on this board would take the heads over more accessories, or more paint even. But it’s something the LC has that the SHF doesn’t. And it’s a fallacy to assume that LC is worse, simply because they spend money on an accessory you don’t want (the head) instead of one that you do (idk, more hands maybe).

>Some of the LC bodies are weird, MMPR's especially. Not only that, but Bandai was able to improve a lot, just never getting to demonstrate that improvement with Super Sentai.
By that same token, Hasbro has improved massively with other toy lines over time. Marvel Legends in particular. But looking at their PR situation, they’ve got:
a) a ton of money in the hole for the franchise
b) diminishing action figure line budgets annually
c) new factories to make up for increased inventory, and thus tons of QC issues
d) apparently a team full of interns and designers who don’t do their homework on the designs

Hasbro’s not doing a good job, but Hasbro is capable of doing a good job, same way SHF is. This isn’t meant to be argumentative.
>>
>>8710637
I’m not going to dig through dozens of archived threads to prove you wrong so I’ll settle for calling you a retard
>>
>>8710312
That's how I'm imagining it'll work
>>
>>8710644
>I really doubt anyone on this board would take the heads over more accessories
Well then you would be wrong. I can dig through my old Bandai figures for missing weapons if an LC is missing something, and worst case scenario there are numerous 3D modelers selling prints. The alt heads are the only thing this line has going for it which sets it apart from previous figures. The unmorphed Rangers accounts for around 60% of a typical episode, so it's ridiculous to me how that element of the show is ignored more often than not, and it's nice to finally see the characters beneath the helmets get some proper recognition. I'd prefer full civilian figures, but I realize that's a big ask so I'm happy with at least getting the heads.
>>
New thread ->8711135
>>
>>8711142
Nice link, cunt >>8711135
>>
>>8710644
>And it’s a fallacy to assume that LC is worse, simply because they spend money on an accessory you don’t want (the head) instead of one that you do (idk, more hands maybe).
Part of your post was claiming that Figuarts fans didn't have a qualm with them not having civillian heads. My point is that they don't have a qualm with it because, essentially, civillian heads aren't a super power. The business revolves around the super of super heroes. It should be of a suprise to no one that consumers are of that opinion and even have a negative opinion of it when the super hero parts are poor or lacking. And in some cases, the heads also being poorly made reducing its value.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.