[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 62 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cat-1067_272_0.jpg (182 KB, 400x698)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
Welcome to the Doll General!
A thread for discussion of fashion dolls including Barbie, Disney, LOL OMG, Living Dead Dolls, Licca-chan etc but not BJD.

Other toys considered dolls as well as girl collectable toys that are related to dolls or can be used as accessories to dolls are also welcome such as LOL, Capsule Chix, Shopkins, Polly Pocket and the like.

Previous Thread: >>8669081

>Archived Threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/Doll%20General/
>Sewing pattern books from Google+, reuploaded
https://mega.nz/folder/iFd3wapa#B70grHUe4xsTkLU_s8Ag_Q
>>
Got my first Ruruko doll! She's so sweet, but I realized that I'm not crazy about super articulated bodies (should have though about that with the Licca rebody I did) but I'm happy with the purchase since she fit in well with my collection
>>
>>8681417
>>8681574
>>8681890

Thanks for the suggestions! I will check them out, the j-dolls look very cute & I also have a 1/3 size doll from the same maker as the fortune days dolls who I love quite a lot

Ideally I just want a doll with changeable eyes and hair who won't get me shunned by my bjd collecting friends (ie. not a recast of something)
>>
A 'Doller' from 5ch here. Is there a general word to refer to people those who collect or bond with dolls?
They are generally called 'ドール者 (doll person)' in 5ch, or some say 'Doller' in Engrish. I'm curious. Doll collector, Doll enthusiast, Dollks?
>>
>>8682772
I think people usually use doll collector.
>>
>>8682778
even when you have a single doll?
>>
>>8682791

I guess if you just have one them maybe doll enthusiast? can't think of just having one. they're like chips.
>>
>>8682767
I have a bunch of J-Dolls! I love them. A few things about them.

They have been out of production for quite a few years now. They were made by the same company that makes Pullip and Pullip's friends, but they cut J-Doll, Hestia, that furry line I forget the name of, and some other stuff and just focus on Pullip and co now.

The hair is a glued on wig and can be removed. J-Dolls wear a size 4 wig (Barbie size). They have some hardass heads, so don't get any ideas about rerooting.

The eyes are technically interchangeable but not really. You have to cut the head open to get in there, but once you're in, yeah the eyes totally come out!

Fashionwise they're super easy to shop for. They're on the Pullip Type 3 body, so you can use Pullip, Barbie (stick to stuff from 00s and earlier, modern Barbie clothing is a little loose), insert any 1/6 Japanese fashion doll here, Blythe, Fashion Royalty, you get the point. One thing to note is that the wrists and knees on the Pullip Type 3 body break very easily, so do NOT try to force the knees to move if they're not working with you and don't even attempt the wrists. Rebodying is easier said than done due to the whole having to cut the head in half thing, so you're getting a fashion doll (display variety) here.

I'm also a BJD collector and a little concerned about your last line. Obviously don't go buying recasts/bootlegs, but make sure you're buying a doll because it's something you want and not because you're trying to impress someone else.

>>8682778
>>8682791
>>8682806
I've seen doll collector even when it's just one doll, because typically you're also collecting something relating to dolls when you've got the one. Clothes, shoes, wigs, souls, whatever. I don't think anyone would oppose doll enthusiast, but I don't think I've really seen it used.
>>
>>8682806
you're right. thank you
>>
How do you all store or display your dolls? I have a problem with not taking them out of their plastic cages. My house isn’t dusty or dirty, but I’m afraid they’ll mess up anyways.
>>
>>8683082
I have two plastic bins i store them in when not displaying them, dolls out of their box i wrap in packing foam sheets, the rest go on book shelves or my computer desk, dust is inevitable just gotta clean often enough
>>
>>8683082
Just on my shelf. I redress them a lot so they don't have time to gather dust
>>
File: cat guitar.jpg (38 KB, 502x600)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
A couple of questions before the thread goes to shit.

What's the best way to apply liquid stitch?
What's would be the best outfit to make to test the way a type of fabric drops on a 1/12 figure?
Does the way fabric drops on figures changes when a piece of fabric has gotten old and kind of worn out?

cat for attention
>>
>>8684496
>probably a tooth pick
>depends on the outfit and the fabric since you're working small you want the fabric to be much lighter than the original type. it takes a bit of experimenting. luckily most in person fabric stores will let you get 1/4 yard pieces
>yes
>>
>>8684603
Thanks.

>depends on the outfit and the fabric since you're working small you want the fabric to be much lighter than the original type. it takes a bit of experimenting. luckily most in person fabric stores will let you get 1/4 yard pieces
I meant what I would want to make to test how a type of fabric works on a figure at that scale. A shirt? A dress? Something like that?
>>
>>8684610
Anything that's easy to make and similar to what you actually want to make
>>
>>8684895
Ah. Okay.
Thank you.
>>
I almost forgot.
Is it a good idea to recycle thread from old shirts? I removed some quite cleanly and I don't know if I should just throw it away.
>>
>>8681465
>Happy, innocent dolls.
>Pretty dresses that are quality made.
>Engaging playsets & furniture.
>No cost-cutting.

>It hurts, bros.

I feel your pain, anon. Never had the dolls I wanted growing up, and it's just my luck that now that I'm finally able to own them playline dolls turn to crap.

Then you have those faggot YouTube shills that get kick backs that will justify it by saying
>"Well, it's playline, it's meant for little kids what do you expect?"
Even when it's a $150 plus doll, and it's still shit they will justify it by saying some insufferable thing like.
>"People are too picky, and ungrateful. I'm happy with un- hemmed frayed sleeves, and thinly rooted hair. If you want something better pay $1000 for a custom doll. These are mass produced, what do you expect? personally, I just thank them for giving us anything."

I honestly wish I could chock the air out of their annoying, flaming, shill throats sometimes.
>>
>>8683437
>I have two plastic bins i store them in when not displaying them

I have a major problem with plastic bins. I'll place a beautiful doll with a nice big puffy dress in it and when I pop her out a few months later the dress is flat, folded, creased, and disinflated. No matter how careful I am at placing them on top of each other the dress will never go back to it's original puffy self again.
Is there a solution to this? What do you do to avoid this?
>>
>>8684610
Different anon but usually I can tell how it will drape by just wrapping it over the doll (or my fingers in-store) and seeing how it falls or stretches. Also bunching it up along the edge to see if it gets too thick or stiff when gathered.
>>
>>8685711
You can use a garment steamer to re-puff clothes, a small travel size one would probably be ideal for smaller clothes, mine's pretty wide which is a little unwieldy but it works
>>
File: IMG_20210109_061525.jpg (335 KB, 1102x1469)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
I now own a Rainbow High doll and it's all you guys' fault.
>>
>>8683082
I store my extra dolls in plastic bins (wrapped individually in non-toxic silk paper), and the ones with stands on two shelves of one of my clothing closet. The ones on display go into my bookshelf, which has glass doors, and into wall-mounted display cabinets, also with glass doors. Sadly, I don’t have super high quality bookshelf & display cabinets, so some dust still gets behind the doors, but it’s pretty easy to take care of by dusting them every few months. Back when I had my dolls on just an open bookshelf, dusting was pretty much weekly operation, so even cheap glass doors make a big difference.
>>
>>8685989
Aw, but she is so cute! I really like the eye makeup on the cheerleading ones - gives their eyes a lovely shape!
>>
>>8685905
Never heard of that before. I'll look into it.

>>8685989
I found her at Walmart and grabbed her so fast since an anon here said he found her for $15, but she was still regular price at mine.
>>
New Hasbro Disney Style Series Rapunzel with lantern purse
>>
>>8686028
>>
File: IMG_20210109_070751.jpg (1018 KB, 2669x1781)
1018 KB
1018 KB JPG
>>8686016
She cute.
She has this flaw on her mouth that makes it look like she just ate pussy or something, though.
>>
>>8686031
That's nothing. It look like hair gel that got on the face by mistake. Disney Store dolls have those marks all over their faces due to all the gel they put in to style their hair. It usually comes right off with a some water and a cloth.
>>
>>8686028
>another Rapunzel and Ariel before Snow White, Moana or Pocahontas even get one Style doll
You’d think Snow would get more merch seeing as she’s the first princess, but she doesn’t.
>>
>>8686028
>style

more like a 6-yearold designed it.
>>
>>8686301
She’s not particularly popular, she’s pretty but its really just the older fans who like her
>>
>>8686311
That makes sense as it's 6 year olds who are gonna want it. Give the customer what they want.
>>
>>8686361
Idk, the 6 year olds i sit for hate everything about it. They're triplets, and are SO picky about their dolls. At least they have good taste
>>
>>8686439
My nieces really only like LOLs
>>
>>8686452
The girls love OMG dolls, but are sad about the lack of knees.
The fashions make up for it though, and the wider bodies mean we can sew clothes for them as a group activity.
>>
File: Black Rainbow High Doll.jpg (945 KB, 1930x1438)
945 KB
945 KB JPG
>>8658123
>This is the only RH doll left at both of my Super Target stores after Christmas

Same thing. Nobody here has touched the ultra dark RH doll. She's been shelf warming hard since before Christmas at both of my Target stores. At first we had like four, but every time they restock everyone buys the other girls, but nobody touches the dark skin doll that Clawdena9, and his army of Virtue Signaling YouTubers claimed the world wanted so desperately.

>>8658214
>Sounds like such a lie, I haven't been able to hunt this damn doll down anywhere, I have hit like 5 Targets looking for her
>Sounds like such a lie
>a lie

It's NO lie. Here, I snapped a picture of the never ending sea of the black RH dolls that have been shelf warming since before Christmas just for you.
It's sad how SJW's crucified, and tried to cancel MGA for not releasing a black RH doll. (which was totally bullshit because the blue, and yellow dolls had dark skin tones) They bitched that they wanted a RH doll with an ultra deep dark as night skin tone, yet when MGA delivers they don't show up to support the black doll they claimed the world wanted so desperately.
Virtue signaling online is totally free, and wins you brownie points, but actually walking into a store, and shelling out $30 isn't free. Then they wonder why MGA shies away from producing too many dolls with ultra deep dark skin tones.
>>
>>8687347
Jfc this guy got all the fucking Indigo dolls, I haven't been able to find her after 4 targets
>>
>>8687347
To be fair she appaered just before christmas and after all the other series 2 dolls so it makes sense she not selling rn
>>
File: Rainbow High 179.jpg (378 KB, 1080x1080)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>>8687462
If your driving past your local Target this weekend this would be a goodtime to check again. I started noticing a bunch of people posting videos, and picture of them finding new dolls at Target these past two days so I went to my local store late in the afternoon to check it out. We got new shipmeants of just about everything. From Hasbro Disney dolls, to Barbie, to Na Na Na teens, and RH.

I found the $40 Special Edition RH doll mixed in with all the normal $26.99 RH doll. I asked the guy who's register is right next to the toy section if he could ring me up. It came up as $39.99, but I told him that it says $26.99 on the shelf, and walked him over to the RH section. Luckily my store failed to place a $39.99 price tag for the Special Edition RH doll, and all the price tags on the shelves read $26.99, so I got it at the normal RH price point. I still don't know why it's $40. It doesn't really come with anything more than the normal RH dolls do.
>>
File: Rainbow High 165b.jpg (123 KB, 900x897)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>8687557
I love the boy doll. I wish he didn't have such a young looking face, and a more grown up body but I love everything else about him.
>>
>>8687706
Nice, and way to finesse Target, doubt I'll get that lucky but I'll check things out tomorrow
>>
>>8687706
Take the price tag off of a ruler, overlap the doll's barcode, and scan it yourself while purchasing other items. My friend gets me RH dolls for $0.50. You're welcome.
>>
File: Rainbow High 133.jpg (499 KB, 1124x1310)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>8687759
>$0.50
That's pretty awesome, and daring.
Still $0.50 is a little low, and could catch the eye of that jackass they have monitoring the self checkout section. I think the jackass also has a screen which lets them see the price of the item you're buying in real time. If a $70 doll suddenly dropped to $20 they wouldn't bat an eye unless they are very familiar with the specific doll your buying for some odd reason, but if you were to scan any doll, even a shitty playline Hasbro doll and it rang up for $0.50 that would catch any ones eye even if they knew nothing about dolls.

At Target they usually have some nosey, chatty lady that walks right up to look in your cart at self check out, and talks to you about your items, and she usually lingers around.

Some Walmarts are probably catching on to this because in some shitty arears have started putting dolls behind glass, and key, and you have to ring a red button to have someone come to the toy section and give you the doll. Once they take it out they force you to buy right there or they will hold the doll for you until you are done shopping.
>image very related.
>>
>>8687708
This dude is shelf sitting at all the stores around here. I remember people tripping all over themselves to get MH/EAH boys, but no one seems to care about this one?
>>
>>8687894
Might be the weird face, he seems to have really nice clothes and I know customizers love a new articulated boy doll
>>
>>8687894
We got about five of him before Christmas in a big RH display box, and they all sold out. It seems we got a second shipment of him recently because there was only one left on the shelf today.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (171 KB, 799x509)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
Can someone please help me understand why these Na Na Na teen dolls are $40 each? Yeah, I get they're a slightly taller then the normal ones, and that they have rooted hair, and bendable knees but still $40, and they don't even come with a doll stand? Why?
>>
>>8687889
I live in a predominantly white state so only legos and gaming systems get put behind glass. If you think self check-out attendants are that observant or vigilant you're being overly paranoid. Unfortunately, because RH doll boxes are so big, worry-free strategies are harder to execute.
>>
>>8687959
They're like twice the size my dude
>>
>>8686031
>it look like she just ate pussy or something
Jade does share a room with two other girls at RH so....
>>
>>8687889
Don't live in a ghetto.
>>
>>8687964
>legos get put behind glass.
What state do you live in? None of my stores do that shit, so unfortunately your Walmart is pretty ghetto.
>>
>>8687347
Honestly I think she's kinda cute and I really love that purple, but I'm really cheap and wont pick her up unless she's like half price.
>>
File: IMG_20210110_120553.jpg (421 KB, 1102x1469)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
Reminder that both racists and SJWs get the noose.
>>
>>8688808
People like you who act like coomers over plastic toys also get the rope. Put the hoodie on properly, tard.
>>
>>8688808
funny coming from a privileged american that needs china to make all the toys for you at exploitative prices
>>
>>8688808
Jade isn't fucking around
>>
>>8688856
China exploits its own people, libcuck commie.
>>
>>8688909
and you buy their product
>>
>>8688916
Unlike easily guilted lefties who use activist anger to distract from their persistent mental issues, I don't feel like corporate exploitation, corruption, or environmental pollution are in any way my personal responsibility.
>>
>>8688998
>>8688916
>>8688909
>>8688856
Shut the fuck up you goddamn snowflakes, it wasn't even a serious post
>>
>>8687959
Jesus is the quality of that hair as heinous as it looks??
>>
>>8688808
FLATLET
>>
File: 20210110_142805.jpg (306 KB, 760x1013)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
Got a new book for doll identification!
>>
>>8689149
Post ur fav doll in there
>>
Nylon or yarn? which looks better as a wig?
>>
>>8689209
completely situational. it's up to the hair style you want, the texture you want, the aesthetic you want, and the doll itself.
>>
>>8689217
What would work best with like hair drills style?
>>
>>8688808
And this is where the thread goes to shit based on the replies.

Also, why is her titty trying to slide out????
>>
File: 20210110_155003.jpg (271 KB, 1176x798)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>8689176
Oh that's a tough one, there are so many i really love, if I'd have to choose, of the ones I actually own, my fav would be Peaches n' Cream, followed closely by Astronaut Barbie
I also have a United Colors of Benetton Barbie and Christie on the way that I've always wanted so they're up there too.
>>
>>8689149
oh! I have that one. it's nice. :)
>>
File: skippersweater.jpg (64 KB, 960x960)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
probably posted this last thread but w/e I love making tiny sweaters
>>
>>8689415
You make wonderful tiny sweaters
>>
>>8689259
Anon is coomer
>>
>>8689038
No it's not. I actually bought her on sale today, and the quality of her hair is amazing, and does not look like that. The hair is ultra soft, thick, and bouncy. The curls were perfect packaged in the box, and since they didn't gel the curls to death the ringlets are as soft, and fluffy as a pillow. It has a little bit of gel a the top to hold her side swooped in place, and that's it. The doll is surprisingly heavy for some reason. The cloths, shoes, and rhinestones are also really nice for a Na Na Na doll. I did have to pin her hat on since it didn't want to seem to stay on, but I did it carefully without messing up her hair.

The hair in that picture must have been brushed to death, by some five year old or something. It does comes with a hair brush, but only a non-doll collector would actually brush out her beautiful full ringlets.
>>
File: Rainbow High 57.jpg (129 KB, 1080x732)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>8685989
Congrats, and welcome to the club.

>>8688808
>dat midriff

>>8688849
>Put the hoodie on properly
I don't know what he did to it because I don't have that doll, but it looks 1000 times better that way.
>>
>>8689230
Nylon, yarn wouldn't be long enough, it breaks at a certain length.
>>
>>8689666
I can’t understand why a coomer would buy an RH doll, the giant heads aren’t very “sexy”
>>
>>8690417
Are these the dolls that had the middle aged women in a bunch? Something about the underwear..
>>
>>8691473
An earlier series of the Nanana dolls caused a stir because one was wearing fishnets and the other was wearing full on Lingerie
>>
>>8691495
creepy...but cute!
>>
>>8691519
Cute indeed, but yes also very creepy, especially taking in consideration the fact that the new taller ones are the teens.
>>
File: IMG_20210111_194652.jpg (921 KB, 1564x1564)
921 KB
921 KB JPG
Fun trick when rerooting, placing your dolls head in boiling hot water can close up large holes
>>
>>8687347
It’s probably because her colour scheme is so ugly. She obviously wasn’t originally designed to be so dark skin but they didn’t want to make the other colours black so chose the purple doll.
They didn’t even give her different hair texture to the other girls.
They just painted a white doll black.
>>
>>8692004
Her color scheme isn't even ugly, its just her lips that don't match her dark skin
>>
>>8692004
Also
>They didn’t even give her different hair texture to the other girls.
This is a really dumb complaint for a lot of reasons, why does the one girl HAVE to have her hair texture change, like wavy hair can't exist for her? Not to mention none of the girls in RH have a unique hair texture, this isn't OMG where they're going extra with the hair on nearly every doll
>>
File: EVo5A2mXgAEJ2S8.jpg (48 KB, 720x533)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
People don't like the new Indigo RH doll because...
>Her outfit is ugly!
>No, her hair doesn't have a different hair texture!
>Her lips don't match her skin!
...Or maybe it's been proven that black dolls in general don't sell very well?
>>
>>8690880
Don't even try to understand the coombrain, they'll jerk it to anything with even vaguely feminine features.
>>
>>8692433
>Or maybe it's been proven that black dolls in general don't sell very well?
Then why was 24K DJ so in-demand that MGA re-released her?
>>
>>8692433
Or, maybe, the anon lives in an area where she doesn't sell well
Don't go blaming everyone
>>
>>8686028
>>8686030
>art is gorgeous
>doll sucks
pain
>>
>>8691495
Dang, I kinda want this one now.

>>8691529
>the new taller ones are the teens.
I know, but they don't look like teens. They didn't give them little bumps on their chest like Mattel does for skipper or the way Disney does for their Disney princess dolls. All they did was make the head bigger and stretch the limbs.
>>
>>8692004
>It’s probably because her colour scheme is so ugly
Her colour scheme across both outfits in purple and silver? And all the purples match and look harmonious? It's literally just her lips that don't match, as >>8692010 said. LOL OMG dolls have way wackier, uglier colour schemes.
>>
>>8693017
Why would you put the darkest skin doll you have ever made in the darkest colour scheme you have ever made.
Her hair color looks pretty unappealing against her dark skin.

Any of the other colours would have worked better as the black girl.
>>
>>8693117
Her color and hair looks fine, you goddamn autist, royal purple looks great against dark skin and wavy hair looks good too
Personally I would have paired her with gold instead of silver but that's just my taste, I like gold and royal purple
>>
>>8693168
It looks bad.
Stay pressed
>>
>>8693324
It looks fine, calm your autism
>>
>>8692433
It's not been "proven". Bailey's colors don't match, simple as that.
>>
>>8693168
no she would have looked better with a lighter colour to contrast. It's clearly a last minute swap to appease the twitter sad miserable constantly outraged Karens, contrary to Sunny who has the perfect contrasting colours.
they should have turned the light pink doll dark instead and keep purple fair skinned.
>>
>>8693650
I unironically agree. Violet would have looked much better dark-skinned than Krystal
>>
>>8693663
I agree. A light cool colour would have been ideal.
>>
>>8693650
Bubblegum pink with dark skin? Now that's tacky
There's literally nothing wrong with the royal purple
>>
>>8692807
>those long ass legs on that small body
Lmao, she's still cute tho, the dress and shoes hide it well
They're worth 40 though? I'm not seeing why
>>
I hate the big eye baby face and yet looks like a whore design every new doll line has.
>>
>>8695012
If you want more boring fashions barbies still around
>>
>>8695012
What do you want in terms of fashion
>>
>>8682870
Thank for the extra info! I'm definitely going to look for a J-doll or another fashion doll from Japan, there seems to be a lot more options with nice articulation and pretty faces! I'm liking some of the Azone styles too

I'm not looking for a BJD to impress anyone, I just wanted to try playing with a strung resin doll since it'd be different from anything else in my collection. I also really dig inset eyes and changeable hair just in general. But I decided to solve 2 needs it would be better to get 2 different dolls, so I bought a different scale BJD and I'll buy some other fashion doll for my Barbie clothes.
>>
Time to pop open this fish
>>
>>8695607
>INB4 you get the fat black fish.
>>
>>8695607
It's niggafish!
>>
>>8695627
>>
>>8695407
if you're still looking for a 1/6th doll with inset eyes for your Barbie clothes i still recommend the Fortune Days tarot/constellation dolls - you can find them on ebay/amazon by searching "constellation doll" or "tarot doll". they're beautiful imo and will fit Barbie clothes
>>
I'm not one for black barbies, but this fish isn't half bad, great colors
>>
>>8695627
>>8695631
She cute, hair isn't great though
>>
>>8692807
Creepy.
I like the normal nanana though.
>>
Anyone know about Monst dolls? It looks like they had a Holala style body but then switched to BJD type. I just ordered one. Really hoping it doesnt smell like gross plastic.
>>
>>8695943
>>
>>8695943
never seen these before but they look pretty cute!
>>
>>8694277
>They're worth 40 though? I'm not seeing why

The Teen dolls are actually $30 each which is $10 more then the normal $20 Na Na Na's. Someone at my local target put all the teen dolls above a $40 price tag, that was meant for something else. As for are they worth the extra $10 I would personally say yes if you're a fan of these cute little soft dolls. They are double the size, they have full rooted hair which the $20 regular ones don't get. Their hats have embroidery, rhinestones, sequences, while other hats are fluffy. They have well painted cute shoes, and I don't know what the heck they put in their arms and legs to make them posable, but it really makes them heavy so they feel like nice heavy dolls in your hands. I really wish they came with a stand, especially at a $30 price point, but I just put mine on a porcelain doll stand, and I love her.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (73 KB, 890x726)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>8695943
>>8689415
I found a YouTube channel you might like. She collects Pullip / Blythe dolls like you, and makes cloths for them.
https://www.youtube.com/c/TammyPowley/videos
>>
Artwork for the LOL OMG dance line, they look a lot better here than in the first leaked photos
>>
>>8696168
Miss Royale with cheese
>>
>>8692433
> ...Or maybe it's been proven that black dolls in general don't sell very well?
the lol/omg dolls sell extremely well and most of them are black. same with bratz back in the day
>>
>>8692807
The original one just looks like some shrunken little fairy character, no real resemblance to an actual human.
The elongated limbs on the other hand...with flat chest, make the "teen" doll look like a kid you'd see on Toddlers and Tiaras.
>>
>>8696168
So much purple goddamn
>>
>>8695012
>>8695203
Not that anon but I agree with them.
I want dolls that wear chill and comf clothes like picrelated
>>
File: re2021.png (2.16 MB, 1889x832)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>8696582
lol i fucked up here's picrelated
>>
>>8692807
I don't know if it's just that angle but damn did they not make the arms any longer and just extend the legs? With the bean shaped toddler body and same babyface as the OG ones they just look like weird and stretched out and definitely not like teens
>>
File: Capture.jpg (61 KB, 559x554)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>8696168
Is CH6 MAJOR LADY suposed to be like She-ra? This looks like the one I'll be getting.

CH8 has cool 80s techno vib
CH7 I don't really like because of the baby hairs. Don't like seeing baby hairs on actual humans, and it's kinda creepy to see them drawn onto a doll

CH 5 is "interesting" ? It looks like Rapunzel's bodice and skirt but she has purple hair and a bunch of buns.
>>
>>8696168
I'll probably skip this run, not really a fan of any of the fashion
>>
>>8692433
>People don't like the new Indigo RH doll because...
I went to Target today in hopes of finding a blonde Barbie Extra number 3 doll but no luck. All they had was the like 5 of the black Barbie Extra dolls. Asked for the blond one and was told they were sold out of her.

I looked at the Rainbow high section, and there are even more of the black RH dolls then there was the last time I was there. It's crazy there are like almost eight of her shelf warming now. They keep multiplying like Gremlins.
>>
>>8696033
meh, needs some work on their editing.
>>
>>8696678
All that’s left in my RH section is the new neon green girl and some of the cheerleaders
>>
File: 1572062656236.jpg (110 KB, 717x898)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>8695654
>I'm not one for black barbies
I'm sorry you got the black on, anon. I know how heart breaking, and disappointing it feels. This is why I don't do blind LOL balls or color reveal dolls. I get so excited, and hope for the best, but I almost always get a black characters. Some doll lines just include so many of them now a days, and I always end up having to drag myself back to the store to return them. I must have returned at least 12 LOL balls last year. On the bright side she's kind of cute. If she wasn't so black she could almost pass for a cute island girl like Moana. Her hair color and tall also look really nice. You can return her, and try spinning the wheel again or keep her and pretend that she's just a really dark skinned Hawaiian mermaid.
>>
>>8687462

Fucking same. I broke down and ordered her online because all three of the targets in my city sold out of her. Only one we have is red.
>>
>>8696582
>I want dolls that wear chill and comf clothes
Chillax from lol OMG is exactly that. Downtown BB is also athletic/streetwear. Jade Hunter from Rainbow High, BMR1959, and the Disney Princess comfy line from Hasbro.
>>
>>8696708
>moana in Frozen 2
Uh I think the person who created that meme is confused
>>
>>8696656
>Is CH6 MAJOR LADY suposed to be like She-ra? This looks like the one I'll be getting.
>She-ra
Are you retarded? She’s pretty obviously based on David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust look
>>
>>8695943

I've also never seen these but I'm interested. That's really cute
>>
>>8696678
Then order your shit online bitch damn. I had to order indigo online because she kept selling out where I'm at. It's almost like different places have different tastes and demographics and shit.
>>
>>8696708

Literally filling landfills with dolls because you're too retarded to buy shit off eBay when you know your raceist ass can't handle black dolls.

I have no sympathy for someone who knows their preferences and is so stupid they keep buying blind bag shit. You deserve to have your time wasted.
>>
File: HOW.jpg (42 KB, 1024x576)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>8696717
No, he's not wrong. The queen looked like a little brown girl in the movie for some odd reason. I remember people in these threads though we were getting a new brown female character when she was first shown in the teaser trailer. Ended up just being the queen as a child. I still don't know how she went from being a little brown girl with a wide nose, and wavy hair to an adult white lady with a pointy nose, and straight hair.
>>
>Get the OMG band 4-pack
>one I really wanted was Metal Chick
>Everyone else looks great but Metal Chick has fucked up bangs
>Attempt to fix them
>they get worse
>notice the ponytails are lopsided too
>give up
>checking out eBay
>Nude Metal Chick doll pops up for decent price
>hair isn’t fucked
God Bless the universe
>>
>>8696739
I think you’re confused by the lighting and low quality imagery, she doesn’t have brown skin nor is her nose wide
https://youtu.be/Q0xx-OERNpI
>>
>>8696739
Also you realize her hair is styled as an adult, right, its not going to look wavy when styled up into a tight up-do
>>
>>8696737
>too retarded to buy shit off eBay
LOL dolls are already over priced as it is. They should be $6 dolls not $11 dolls. I'm not paying some scalper online $15 plus shipping for the character I want.

>our raceist ass can't handle black dolls.
I do own some black dolls and characters in my collection. I just think some of them are ugly that's all. Most of them don't interest me, and when they give them those big puff ball afro hair styles instead of straight hair it's a HARD pass.
>>
>>8696739

That doesn't look like a little brown girl at all and I am one. It looks like the weird ass way disney stylizes child characters in the frozen series. The lighting just makes the skin look rosie.
>>
>>8696753

So your just poor and can't just order what you actually want . Gotcha.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115 KB, 1139x534)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>8696748
>>8696750
I'm sorry, but she still looks like a little brown girl to me, and I'm not alone. I remember anons on /toy/, /co/ and /tv/ taking wild guesses on who she was and most people thought she was a new brown woodland spirit. Nobody in all the threads I was in thought that she was white, much less the queen as a child.
>>
>>8696773
Because they thought they were characters in the present and not flashbacks, ya blind dingus
>>
>>8696773
Idk what else to tell you, she is blatantly white, and a younger version of the queen, in the video
>>
>>8696757
I don't support scalpers who fuck over their local communities so they can flip crap on ebay, but yes poor people suck.
>>
File: loosestar.jpg (162 KB, 400x442)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>8696656
>>8696720
They're not retarded, they're thinking of 80s Starburst She Ra, pic related.

>>8696708
Now this anon is retarded.
>>
>>8696773
And you're looking at a low quality image.
>>
>>8696773
>Nobody in all the threads I was in thought that she was white
>people on 4chan being retarded
What a shocker
>>
I’m glad companies are making more dolls with afro-textured hair, but they gotta stop including brushes meant for straight hair. Little kids might ruin their dolls’ hair because they don’t know any better. Afro-textured hair needs a pick, not a brush
>>
>>8696716
I'm >>8695012
Yeah but most of them have that big headed big eyed baby face.
I sorta like Barbie Extra, but I get the feeling that they are still suffering from PSTD from the 'Barbie is sexist' era that they are trying to be woke or are scared to give her exaggerated attractive features and figure.
All these big eyes big headed baby looking ones can somehow look like whores with exaggerated figures but Barbie is still caught in the eternal 'oh no little girl's self esteem, better make Barbie have the waistline of a 30 year old mother of one abortion drunk'.
I haven't collected dolls since I was a kid and looking for a doll line to get into and the trend to big eyed weird baby faces is creepy to me.

>>8695141
I don't want boring fashion, I just don't want them to look like big headed big eyed babies. I like the fashion on the OMG LOL dolls, I just really hate the big eyed baby faces. Maybe I'll just dedicate myself to collecting old MyScene dolls, but I want the excitement of a new line.
Maybe Licca-chan, but I imagine that importing probably sucks.
>>
File: truth.jpg (1.09 MB, 1760x3140)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>8696980
>people on 4chan being retarded
>What a shocker

Well, I got that Moana photo off of instagram so it's not a 4chan thing. Other people off of 4chan seem to think that she's a little brown or mixed girl.

It's not just that her hair looks poofy, and wavy, but her skin is also way darker then the male princes skin which with the exception of interacial Disney couples like John Smith/Pocahontas, Esmeralda/Phoebus Tiana/Prince Naveen, that's a major Disney no no. It's weird because if you google Disney couples the princes skin is always always always always darker then the princesses skin.
>image very related
>>
>>8697507
He's not even any different
>>
>>8696965
>>8697512
>He's not even any different

Even in the concept art her skin as a child is darker then his skin. Then all of a sudden when they grew up, and turn into adults her skin magically turns whiter then his skin. It doesn't make any sense.

Also if you google fan artwork of them most people draw her as a little brown girl, which is more proof that it's not just a "racist 4chan" thing.
>image very related
>>
>>8697542
Literally the only difference is she's vaguely rosy-er, she has rosy cheeks
Fanart doesn't count as actual evidence, people will draw anyone darker these days
And shit if you want to go your route, fine. It's not her skin "magically" turning whiter, kids spend more time outside, and get tan, she'd be paler as an adult because she's not outside as much anymore.

Back to the main point though, she isn't Moana.
>>
>>8697404
Apparently shipping prices for Japan are going up, or already have idk, so that'd be an extra pain to get anything from Licca-chan
>>
File: HOW.jpg (161 KB, 998x1138)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>8697568
>Literally the only difference is she's vaguely rosy-er, she has rosy cheeks
Her skin is also darker than his
>Fanart doesn't count
It was meant to serve as an example that other people outside of 4chan believe that shes a little brown girl

>kids spend more time outside, and get tan, she'd be paler as an adult because she's not outside as much

Little boys play more out door games, while girls stay inside having tea parties and playing with their dolls. She was a bit of a Tom boy in the film so you might be right.
>>
>>8697618
>Her skin is also darker than his
It really isn't, she's just rosier than him >>8696965 she's quite pale still, the prince just lacks the rosy complexion
>>
>>8696656
Well, this was a major let down.
She shows more skin, and looks sexier in the artwork then she does in doll form.
>>
>>8696739
it's not a brown girl at all. It's cearly yuro.
Losing all faith in amerifats.
>>
>>8697542
Maybe she's still brown, but as Queen she wears a shitload of makeup.
>>
>>8697618
Holy shit dude you were wrong, just take the L
>>
>>8697718
not pretty at all, indeed.
>>
>>8697542
it's called living inside vs living outside.
>>
way too much glue in rainbow high doll hair

the back of the hair is so soft

i hate this
>>
>>8698468
Try washing it you mong
>>
>>8698468
Yeah the hair out of the box is a crusty nightmare. Just wash it out gently with warm water and mild dish soap, you might need to do a couple of rinses to get out all the gel. Then let air dry on a towel overnight, you can sort of 'scrunch' the hair while it's drying to maintain a little curl and bounce. Once you do that the hair is really beautiful, a little extra work but it's worth it.
>>
>>8697718

The clothing color choices are pretty ass here. They're more washed out in the art with a purple cast that looks better.
>>
>>8697404

The weird cartoon faces are what is giving lol and RH a pass with conservative christian white moms though. Barbie is much more realistic and therefore dressing her like an insta baddie would set off all the WASPS in a tizzy.

Lol and RH are so cartoonist nobody could aspire to be like them. They pass on the fact that they are so crazy looking proportionally.
>>
>>8697542
None of that fanart is of her being brown even in the pictures you cherry picked. You also don't seem to understand the concept of tanning. Just give up anon, you're trying to make a mountain of a molehill.
>>
>>8698742
Don't blame solely christcucks for something that feminists are also responsible of. And probably more responsible.
>>
>>8698776

'feminists' complain on the internet. There write about things they don't like on blogs and shit and if 4chan is to be believed they never buy the products they complain about.

WASPS write in to companies. They complain on the news and firm shitty groups like 'mom's against (insert popular thing here)" they DO buy the products because they actually have kids.

They hold more sway financially than the sjw boogeyman 4chan like to pretend rules the world.
>>
File: IMG_20210114_163335.jpg (344 KB, 2560x1920)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
Let's get back on try here
>>
File: 20210114_170651.jpg (616 KB, 1191x1329)
616 KB
616 KB JPG
My United Colors of Benetton Barbie and Christie came today and they are both so lovely, so happy to have them in my collection
>>
File: 20210114_170624.jpg (329 KB, 588x1431)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>8699323
Also a neat find while thrifting earlier today, found a Totally Hair brunette, needs a little TLC but overall in great condition
>>
>>8699323
that is a lot of look
>>
Thoughts ???
>>
>>8699577
the only thing that matches there is the boots. i'm not seeing the problem here
>>
>>8699323
nice anon! they're so 80s, i love it
>>
>>8699577
She actually made them based off the doll, not the doll based off her, she has a TikTok showing her looking at the doll then creating the boots, good try though.
>>
>>8699577

this is nothing. You're running out of shit to stir anon so you're having to create it yourself. Pathetic.
>>
>>8699323
Jeez look at Ken on that box. What a charming nerd lol
>>
>>8699614
Naturally he comes with a ridiculous cowboy hat
>>
>>8699577
Who cares? Even though it was that man lady who stole the idea from MGA, and not the other way around, I have no problem if MGA were to take inspiration from good fashion designers and put it into their high quality RH dolls for me. That just means better dolls for me, and at the end of the day that's all that means anything to me. The only other option would be for them to pay the artists which would equal me paying double for the dolls or getting shit inspired potato sake Mattel dresses.

>>8699330
> found a Totally Hair brunette
Nice find! I found one a few years back, and put her in an extra pink Totally Hair Barbie dress that came attached to an early 90s Belle doll If found while thrifting. The pink dress is so short that someone thought it was a top and put it on Belle along with a skirt so I got double prizes that day.
>>
>>869957
She didn't design the boots.
Those people are pathetic.
>>
>>8698782
Don't try to shift the blame. It's clearly the feminists who were barking the loudest with the support of low life journalists.
They are fully responsible for fat barbies and the potato sacks that comes with them and you know it.
>>
File: apu triste lit.png (220 KB, 1245x672)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>8699631
>mfw Barbie used to be cool
>>
I love fat dolls and brown skin dolls.
>>
>>8700064
the fat dolls disgust me just like fat people IRL.
I don't like the brown dolls either. Only super pale or super dark dolls, everything in between I don't find pretty at all.
>>
>>8700067
except Sunny. She's not super dark but her skin tone just is pretty unlike the regular brown dolls shitted by mattel.
RH is going to save the browns from looking like shit..

I also don't like how current barbies have ugly face mold. they look like old women who went through harsh time, unless you get the traditionnal blonde barbie who still has that cute young naive face.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (91 KB, 530x615)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>8700064
YAS Queen Slay!!
They are Brave Diabetic, and Stunning!
>>
>>8700064
>>8700067
Same brown skin looks so nice in the sun love seeing cute tan dolls, fat dolls on the other hand, makes clothes sharing difficult
>>
>>8700064
I like fashionable fat dolls and brown skin dolls
>>
>>8700121

I don't know why people always turn to jabba as an example. He was insanely wealthy and owned slaves. You'd think he'd be a hero to race baiting alt right douches.
>>
>>8699937
Keep seething anon. Meanwhile I'll be over here buying shit I like and ignoring shit I hate and being happier for it. Keep up your crusade against the sjw boogie man, I'll throw a handkerchief to you as you go off to war.
>>
File: Rasputia the Hutt.jpg (22 KB, 300x270)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>8700314
That's not even Jabba the Hutt tho. That's his brave an stunning sister Rasputia the Hutt . You might not have recognized her without makeup.
>>
You guys fall to shitposting way too easily
>>
>>8699577
GRASPING AT STRAWS

PATHETIC
>>
>>8700314
because fat people look like Jabba.

>>8700319
>feminists did mothing wrong

wghich I respectfully disagree with. Just like activists who reached their goals, they are left going further and further into BS territory to stay relevant and keep conning people into giving them shekels.

But those horrible women (feminazi or christcucks or both) are thankfully not bullying OMG or RH at the moment like they did to with Bratz and MH.
>>
>>8700336

Ehh it's the only way to make the shitposter mad. They want so badly for the thread to agree with their bullshit and are totally ass blasted when we don't.

Still we should get back to doll talk. I really like the face on the lunar new year barbie. The printed cheongsam is kind of a bummer but at least the color choices are pretty.
>>
>>8700379

The black heels are a bit plain but I think they look nice with this look. Elegant.
>>
>>8699577
Come on man
>>
>>8700381
Shit dropped picture
>>
>>8700384
very nice.
>>
>>8700385
Sorry, I tried but my shit phone has a hard time.
>>
>>8700384
She does have a cute face
>>
File: 1543521468288.gif (364 KB, 1082x695)
364 KB
364 KB GIF
>>8700063
Don't worry, fren.
If MGA keeps kicking their asses Mattel might step up their game, put more money into Barbie, fire that fat brown drag queen that designs the potato sakes, and hire someone who knows fashion.
>>
>>8700388
too bad the painting is pixellated
the artstyle is cool. She looks distinctly chinese without it being too realistic. It retains a cute cartoonish quality.
>>
>>8700393
Fat Asian drag queen
>>
Also I wonder can we post shopgoodwill links here or would that be shill worthy? I run across a bunch of older collector barbies and doll lots on there daily and I don't have anyplace to share them too. The lots go for less than a new collector barbie and many of them are still in box even. You have to be careful about shipping costs but there are a lot of good deals to be had.
>>
>>8700393
amen to that.
>>
>>8700384
>>8700388
I already bought that 90s Mattel Mulan doll a few years ago. The new version does look nice and detailed, but it has less articulation.
>>
>>8700405

Ehh the quality on that cheongsam is even worse than the lunar new year doll lol. And the pose-ability is barely better.

I catch the shade you were trying to throw but both dolls kinda suck in the quality department.
>>
>>8700407
first doll looks good.
Only real down point is the lack of articulation.
>>
>>8697718
I might get her just for the doll to dress her up, I like her hair and two different eye colors
>>
>>8700388
>Pixilation on a $50 collector doll
Holy shit why does anyone Stan Mattel at this point
>>
File: Rainbow High 4o.jpg (344 KB, 1442x906)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
What’s with WWE putting Jade’s head on their trophy?
>>
>>8700609
I don’t know anything on WWE or how they work
>>
>>8700609
That's hilarious omg
>>
>>8700388
Goddamn pixellation ruining such a pretty face
>>
File: THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN.jpg (419 KB, 1484x894)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
Has return anon gone too far this time?
>>
Is anyone else tired of the “monster high but they look like real monsters” redesigns?
>the characters could have looked so much cooler if Mattel weren’t obsessed with selling toys
But they are toys? Genuinely creepy dolls are a very niche market.
>>
>>8700878

They're a mental case anyway. They went too far when they cut their hands up opening dolls in the car like a spaz lol
>>
>>8700896

I get why it wouldn't have sold but I'm in that monster girl niche and I would have bought so many.
>>
>>8700896
I dont hate the concept of MH girls looking more like monsters, its fun,, but I do hate the tone of superiority some people have with the redesigns
>>
>>8700904
Me too, anon, me too
>>
>>8700564
I think a lot of people are hoping Barbie gets better, so they don't want to let go of that old feeling of praise and enjoyment
Alternatively I imagine a lot of influencers and bigger names hope on getting free shit from Mattel
>>
>>8701199

I hold out hope for Mattel because I like so much of what they're doing in theory. I want to collect a line of less stylized dolls with diverse skin tones and more than a single body type but Mattel approached it so wrong and so cheaply I won't support them.

You can make a doll line that has it all Mattel just hasn't and until they get their shit together I'm stuck with RH and Omg. We don't have to roll back the clock and go back to all pink barbie and her 'friends' getting her leftovers. We can have better we just have to wait for it.

And if barbie goes under due to shit management and greed? So what. Another company can take Mattels place. I don't have any brand loyalty to any one company. I'm in it for the dolls and I won't settle for less than the best.
>>
>>8700896
Wow I hate all of these but what the fuck were they even going for with Ghoulia? She's a zombie, this is just... some kind of wrinkly old lady with sharp teeth? Did they just assume her name means she is a ghoul? Wow clearly they are such a big fan who totally deserves a say in how the characters should be designed...
>>
>>8701268
I assume they decided to lean heavier into the "Ghoul" which are just more monstrous zombies
>>
>>8700975
Redesigners often looks like real douchebags. Pretending to fix the creation of someone else is a bit disrespectful.
>>
>>8700384
Yikes. Nothing about that doll I like.
>>
>>8700609
DELET THIS, SWEATY
>>
File: tenor.gif (1.71 MB, 498x278)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB GIF
>>8700384
>Another piece of American merch blatantly pandering to the Chinese market.

It's all so tiresome.
>>
File: 20210115_153459.jpg (450 KB, 829x1393)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
Was surprised to find Amaya Rain at Walmart today, my Walmart basically never gets anything good, they also had the light pink one who I cajt remember the name of
I had to get her, she's really the only RH doll I've wanted so far, she's perfect for the fashion studio set I got a while back, definitely gonna wash her hair at some point though, it is very stiff
>>
>>8700896
I hate when they make draulaura look like a fucking bat. Vampires aren't like bat monsters, they can just turn into bats. Since when did drac have huge fuckin ears and a bat nose?
>>
Was there a RH fashion pack? I keep seeing something about a block party outfit but I never saw anything here on it
>>
>>8701494
Yeah that's more of Nosferatus thing
>>
>>8700078
b-but anon, i get insecure that little girls want to play with dolls that are p-prettier than me!!!
>>
>>8701496
No fashion pack, just the fashion studio set
>>
>>8682737
omg those are the cutest little shoes I've ever seen
>>
>>8701488
My Target still have a bunch of Kia Harts, Amaya, and Jades on shelves. I still want a Sunny cheer doll. Can’t find her anywhere.
>>
>>8701853
The tiny creepers were one of the reasons I got her!
>>
>>8700384
Lovely dress, but I have a strong hunch that it's printed save for the stitching. Her earrings and makeup do make up (heh) for it.
>>
>>8701343
No one's forcing you to get it.
>>
>>8700896
I think the problem with these designs is that some of them are mainly reactionary, trying real hard to go in the opposite direction just for the sake of it. I have zero issues with the girls looking less conventionally attractive and more monstrous, but this artist seems to have leaned into some strange ideas here. You can make more monstrous designs and still have them be cute and marketable, like there is zero appeal to Ghoulia or Cleo. They just look scary, and will probably make kids cry and mothers complain. I actually think bat Lala is really cute, but I agree with the anon that said this isn't really a common vampire trope. I'm fine with Frankie and Lagoona, and kind of love that Clawdeen.
>>
>>8702358

I don't get how gross bat face isn't a vampire trope?

From dusk till dawn
Buffy
Lost boys

The list goes on. They all have vampires that change into gross bat faces. Like yeah you have twilight and interview with vampire making vampires beautiful and hot but don't act like there isn't precedent for bat faced fuckers in vampire movies.
>>
I just saw a RH commercial on Disney. What in the FUCK does that mean?
>>
>>8700609
I need to know the story behind this
>>
>>8702732
Idk, have they never shown MGA commercials before?
>>
File: cobra kai.jpg (63 KB, 750x650)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>8702842
imagine if disney gave the disney princesses to MGA
>>
>>8702883
That'd be wild
>>
>>8702732
>RH commercial on Disney
On Disney what?
On Disney Channel, Disney Plus?
>>
File: 12467922461.jpg (117 KB, 719x898)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>8702883
No doubt they would be better, but I'm not sure they would be as epic as Rainbow High or OMG dolls because Mattel, Hasbro and MGA have to pay Disney to license the Princess characters. When MGA creates an original character they don't have to pay a third party anything which means they have more money to put into the actual dolls. That's probably why Disney Store dolls are always better quality then Hasbro or Mattel because they own the Princess characters, and don't have to pay a licensing fee.
>>
>>8699577
Left is a cute look, and people are trying to make drama where there's nothing.
>>
>>8703035
Baddie Instaslut Disney princesses with lingerie and dyed rainbow hair, kek
>>
File: vampires.jpg (591 KB, 1880x826)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
>>8702449
It's not that it doesn't exist (an earlier anon pointed out Nosferatu for example), it's just rarely seen. I'd say the "iconic" image of a vampire was cemented by Bela Lugosi's portrayal (and arguably, Raymond Huntley before him). This is the most recognizable version of a vampire to the majority of people, and is likely what most people would draw if someone gave them the prompt "vampire."
>>
File: MgaPrincessesdolls.jpg (3.25 MB, 1949x3464)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB JPG
>>8702883
>>8703072
>>8703205
They actually got some generic princess dolls (moxie girlz, storytime princess collection, shrek princesses) so they could do it since they're pretty consistent quality wise and we could have some intersting gimmick or/and concepts plus better modern day fashion for the princesses
>>
>>8703389
Wow, the Shrek princesses are actually super cute
>>
>>8701343
If they're do it that mean there's a market for it
>>
>>8703389
That eye shape on the top row makes them look real mean.
>>
>>8703048
I think he meant channel.
>>
>>8703739
agree, they have super resting bitch face
>>
>>8697618
> Little boys play more out door games, while girls stay inside having tea parties and playing with their dolls
have you never met children? more like little boys stay inside playing video games
>>
>>8705233
Times have changed, all kids are tablet zombies now because parents refuse to parent
>>
>>8705350
i wish, my niece is an absolute feral outdoor terror.
she came home last week with her hair full of twigs and mud, only to borrow a hockey stick and run back outside full speed while cackling.
>>
>>8705663
Cherish that good old fashioned feral energy
>>
>>8705691
I cherish it hard, but the neighborhood boys who she whacked with that stick sure dont.
Guess it runs in the family, because my late sister and i were the same way
>>
Cave club dino baby crystals wave 2, these ones have glow in the dark hair bones. No accessory included this time but they’re the same price, typical Mattel BS
>>
>>8703522
I like the shiny black hair + pale skin esthetic so I'm all for more chinese pandering.
>>
>>8706026
They look like shit too. All the same molds, minus one, just with uglier color schemes. Their "egg" is better than the actual toy.
>>
>>8703522
The yakult? these are so adorable,,
>>
>>8706380
Disagree I love the neon 80s colour scheme.
>>
File: 0yaudnqq22iz.png (911 KB, 1110x1080)
911 KB
911 KB PNG
>>8703522
>Other LOL dolls get a cat or dog pet.
>The Chinese doll doesn't get a dog or cat for "reasons."

Stay based, MGA.
>>
>>8706755
Let us have cute themes without being a dipshit
>>
>>8706764
>let us pander to China without you calling us out for it.

Keep on shilling, MGA shill.
>>
>>8706755
Because it's Chinese New Year themed, ya dingus, it's the year of the Ox
>>
File: tenor.gif (3.16 MB, 498x373)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB GIF
>>8706823
Isn't that lucky for MGA that they didn't make a 2020 "year of the rat" doll last year.
>>
>>8706841
Sure?
>>
File: 1610843355126.jpg (87 KB, 511x607)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>8703522
The Island of Dr. Moreau realness
>>
>>8706908
All the LOL pets look like crimes against God
>>
>>8706792
>shilling
>shill
you morons have used that term to death.
>>
>>8706792
>>8706823
Also more countries other than China celebrate the Lunar New Year, that’s why it’s officially called that and not “Chinese New Year”
>>
>>8700896
>But they are toys?
They are.
>Genuinely creepy dolls
They not creepy, they very cute, stylish and help develops imagination, creativity.
>>
>>8702883
who cares? instead of coming up with something new, albeit based on princesses, why are we all stuck to some kind of Disney princesses. it's old, uninteresting, and restricts artistry too much.
why limit yourself by making another little mermaid in a slightly different bra when the royal theme opens up endless spaces for creativity.
>>
>>8707342
I fail to see your point, people want to see the Disney Princess dolls given to people who will actually do something good with them
>>
>>8707375
something good has already been done to them. they look like cartoons. there is nothing else to do. it's time to do something really new and interesting.
>>
Anyone pick up any good dolls on the clearancr?
>>
>>8707416
Are your standards really so low that you think Hasbros dolls is something "good"
>>
>>8707426
as good as its gets for cheap toy, yeah. unfortunately
>>
>>8707449
You failed to grasp the fact that people do not want cheap looking princesses for play line
>>
>>8703522
The ox is too cute. I'm usually not one for the regular LOLs but that set's adorable
>>
>>8707419
I got the last 4 rainbow high dolls I wanted from wave one for $7.50 each at my local Walmart
>>
>>8707453
You failed to grasp the fact that companies will not create high end doll to sell cheap.
>>
>>8707492
I'm willing to spend more money on a doll of good quality that is more publicly available, most people are, thats why Rainbow High and OMG is doing well
>>
>>8706954
You're right, but "Corporate Prostitute for MGA" doesn't roll off the tongue as nicely as "shill," you shill.
>>
>>8707453
then buy the ones from the disney store instead...
>>
>>8707994
One of my Disney stores closed and the other gets scalped to hell, either way they're hours away
Cant order shit online either
I just want what EAH had but for Disney Princesses, especially since EAH is never coming back
>>
Anyone know any sites that sell the Azone Picco Neemo M bodies?
>>
>>8707472
>RainbowHigh on clearance already
Big yikes
>>
>>8709102
Nah they’re selling really well here it’s just my local Walmart tends to throw all the toys on clearance during shelf reset time. That’s how I got most of my monster high dolls too.
>>
>>8709538

Yep it's shelf reset time after holidays. The Walmart website has a lot of shit on sale right now too. This happens every holiday.
>>
Damn shopgoodwill just posted a ton of holiday barbies. I'm so tempted to buy some of them and rebody them. Did Mattel ever make a MTM in a tone that would match pic related?

Also pour one out for the quality of these old outfits. Miles above the current holiday barbie.
>>
>>8709692
The brown MTM Yoga girl might fit, but really cant tell without a clearer image for comparison
It really is tragic how far the Holiday dolls have fallen, I’d say 2020 and 2016s are the worst
>>
>>8709866
The auctions close up photo. Her face is still pretty and the hair isn't all fucked up in box.

And yes the 2016 holiday barbies dress was a hate crime. The colors were fine but that single piece dress with shitty plastic looking 'lace' was atrocious.
>>
>>8706026
I don't even care about the dolls. What would make them think I care about their dinos? At least they are trying.
>>
hot new thread
>>8710984
>>8710984

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.