[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 54 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ebay_logo.0.jpg (34 KB, 1200x800)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Time for an ebay hate thread.

Is there anything worse than retard sellers listing an item for double what it's sold for just because they think they deserve more money for their old unused shit?
>>
>>8675141
>Is there anything worse than retard sellers listing an item for double what it's sold for just because they think they deserve more money for their old unused shit?
Then buy it from someone else, retard
>>
>>8675172
/thread
>>
>>8675172
>>8675191
It's every seller, retard
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (164 KB, 1200x1600)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>8675141
>WAAAH he wont sell the thing i shouldve bought years ago for a lower priiiice!!!!
speaking of which, a guy wants $200 for this thing. i only remember not buying it then because i was a baka gaijin who looked down on non-japanese toys.
>>
Oh boy this thread again.... mother fucker we all hate eBay. it's been established.

/thread
>>
>>8675244
>I don't understand availability
>>
>>8675141
Sold Origins Panthor this week for $100
Eat shit my friend!
>>
>>8675244
What are the dimensions of this big boi?
>>
>>8675141
their loss if no one buys it because they're overcharging.
the buyer's loss if they're retarded enough to actually go for it.
i have no sympathy for either.
>>
>scalpers buy multiple of an item across multiple stores in my state
>resell it online for stupidly inflated price
>becomes more valuable than it wouldve been normally
looking at you, bakugan scalpers
>>
File: 20210105_180331.jpg (1.75 MB, 2576x1932)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>8675141
You must be young.

I fucking love eBay. EBay only sucks when you're dumb enough to be getting waxed for a new release or fucked up and missed out on something a few years old.

It's fucking amazing for much older discontinued items though. Rare forgotten toys, vintage clothes, caps, discontinued car parts and so on. So much amazing shit that would otherwise have been lost to the sands of time and relegated to a distant memory... all available through one marketplace.

Pic related. Bought this shitter HH for a whopping $5. Avoid scalpers, buy with SOUL and eBay will never disappoint.
>>
>>8677671
this looks fucking awful
>>
>>8678118
You must not like bootlegs. That's one of the best Hulk Hogan bootlegs I've ever seen actually.
>>
>>8677671
Reeks of boomerism but very true nonetheless.
>>
>>8675314
>it's not faaair you should sell it for what I WANT
>>
>won an auction a week ago
>seller printed shipping label, but never shipped it
>now they're getting negative feedback from other buyers because they haven't shipped or responded to messages
What are my chances of actually getting this thing?
>>
>>8682426
If it's from China, low chance
>>
Remember to leave feedback, selling or buying, it makes a difference

t. Someone desperate for reviews on their google listing oh my God pls help
>>
>>8682441
No, American seller who used to have 100% feedback
>>
>>8682479
Open a case. This guy needed a “loan”.
>>
>>8675195
Buy somewhere else then
>>
>>8682426
>>8682479
Could be part of that suicide spike that happen late December.
>>
>>8682426
Died of covid.
>>
>>8683738
I'd honestly rather have the item than my money back. The delivery window is between the 7th and the 13th so I think I have to wait a few more days to open a case anyway.
>>8683757
>>8683760
Pretty rude that they didn't use their dying breaths to bring my package to the post office.
>>
>>8684234
He should've shoved it up his ass and shipped it.
>>
Any way to fight an eBay fee? They just charged me $300 for shipping something over seas like 5 weeks after I sold it. I was under the impression that all shipping fees were covered by the seller. I'm about to just contact my bank and have them reverse the charge.
>>
>>8684611
By the buyer***
>>
I got one, sellers who use Best Offer but don't accept reasonable offers. IE: selling a $30 Transformer and not taking $40 when I also have to pay shipping making the total cost nearly $50, where's the logic in autodecling reasonable offers.
>>
File: 20210108_134007.jpg (107 KB, 1030x864)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
This is what happened when I tried to post a toy I had doubles of. IT WAS $5 BELOW THE LOWEST SELLER!!!
>>
>>8684632
Huh? That can happen?
>>
>>8684623
Apparently it's hard to disable best offer or ebay just adds it without telling you. Also, for best offers, it's best to try at most 30% since sellers on ebay barely entertain haggling as is.
>>
>>8684641
i just list things at outrageous prices then when i get like 5 watchers i take like 40% off my asking price and it'll sell within hours because all the mouth breathers think they're getting a deal.
>>
>>8684632
(((listing error)))
>>
>>8684611
buyer OR seller i've never had that happen to me after the fact. can you be specific about the situation?
>>
>>8684701
I sold and sent a snake mountain to an overseas buyer. I received payment which included additional money to cover shipping. I know the buyer also paid even more than I received to cover what I assume were global shipping program charges. I paid a final value fee as expected one month. The next month, the most recent, my eBay fee charge was over $300 with almost all of that being charged to "shipping.". Never seen anything like this and am pissed, no way am I letting this slide.
>>
>>8684799
I thought the deal with the global shipping program was once the item has been received by the ebay warehouse the transaction is considered totally complete from a seller perspective. is that not how it works?
>>
>>8684681
damn you high IQ bastard, this is my achilles heel.
>>
>>8684799
That seems really weird, I would pull the item ID and any Bank transactions and contact eBay customer service because I have no idea why that would happen. Every time I've shipped through the global shipping program I do not receive the international shipping fee, that goes straight to eBay. What's supposed to happen is that you was the seller cover domestic shipping to the global shipping center then when eBay receives it they take it over and your part is done
>>
>>8684681
You’re a dick. But I can’t really argue with your methods
>>
>>8675141
ebay is great if you know how to use it and are willing to spend the time browsing.
>>
File: 1599672959155.jpg (15 KB, 253x238)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>8682426
I figured out the bastard is still alive because they declined an offer on another listing. I sent them a (nice) message asking when they'll ship, but I haven't heard anything back. Realistically, is there anything I or eBay can do to get the item as opposed to a refund? The shipping alone was $50 which I assumed they already paid for if they printed a label.
>>
>>8688572
you aren't charged for shipping until the item is actually shipped
>>
>>8688578
Really? I thought you paid for a Fedex label when you create it
>>
>>8688596
You enter payment info but aren't charged until the package is physically accepted at a FedEx location
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x224)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
If you are going to buy something in an auction, at least have the common courtesy to pay right after you win the item
>DON’T IGNORE MY FUCKING INVOICE. DON’T MAKE ME WASTE MY TIME ON AN UNPAID ITEM CASE
>YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE
>>
>>8684799
Sorry anon, I just shipped a package to a Leaf using that program (which is apparently not the usual eBay GSP where it goes to Kentucky) and it made me look into the TOS. It says they can add additional charges, so you might be fucked.

https://pages.ebay.com/sell/send/termsofservice.html
>>
>>8675141
>New York fag
>Buy spare train parts from a seller on ebay in North Carolina
>Shipping label created on the 17th of December
>Gets to a USPS facility in Chicago on the 20th
>"In transit to next facility" pops up on the 24th
>Radio silence for nearly 3 weeks
>Suddenly get a notification yesterday that it's in fucking Maryland for some reason

Yes there's a pandemic and yes I did order during the holiday rush, but it should not take a month to ship something tiny like this domestically.
>>
>>8693195
Trump cut all funding to the USPS to try to suppress mail-in votes. We are still dealing with the fallout.
>>
>bid on a hundred things
>dont pay for any of it

whoops!
>>
>>8690981
I find people do this when they are also selling your item, they then buy/bid on yours with no intention to pay solely to get yours off the market for a while, so theirs is more likely to be seen. It's kind of garbage.
>>
>>8675141
Inflating your prices on ebay is the only way to make money.

By the time ebay take their listing fee and sales cut, paypal take their %, you've paid for registered shipping, insurance and then factor in the partial refund you have to issue most buyers because of a minor imperfection on the box that wasn't visible in the 50 macro photos you put on the listing.

You sell a $50 item for $100 and still walk away with $50 in your pocket at the end.
>>
>>8682426
USPS is still pretty backed up so I'd say give it some time.
>>
Besides making this a an eBay hate thread we know about, let me add something else. This post has been going around on one of my Facebook pages. Cause it would be fun to watch a shitty company fail.
>>
>>8693195
You.

FUCK you.

The goddamn USPS is backed up with some locations having boxes spill out behind the customer service desk until the beginning of this month because of how slammed they were with package rush from usual holidays, plus the increase of gifts being sent because of fewer holiday gatherings, PLUS lack of staff to handle everything, PLUS little to no overtime.

You checked the tracking, you saw the big fucking red letters at the top of the goddamn page that said they were backed up. You saw the head's up ebay was giving to everyone about delays... and you're still bitching?

I shipped stuff both priority and first class that took a month+ to get to the destination in December. Calm down. You'll get your Bad Dragon replacement soon. Drop the MEMEME attitude, will you?
>>
File: ebay.png (191 KB, 1012x552)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
Visiting from /vp/ and thought you lads might get a kick out of this.
>8 sold
>>
>>8677671
Based boomer
>>
>>8677671
Right on BROTHER
>>
>>8695106
Who raped you?
>>
>>8695106
t. Low IQ mail sorter
>>
>>8695106
fuck you faggot
>>
File: 1549411217000.jpg (32 KB, 186x368)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>Guy is selling a set of the only ToyBiz Mario Kart figures I need to finish my collection
>For $1,580
>Plus $86 in shipping
>Won't accept offers below 1k
It already expired once with no bids, and the price didn't even drop.
>>
>>8695106
hey everybody we've got ourselves a postal wagie. Is there a lower class than them? Soon to be replaced by robots and drones. Enough time break, go back to your sorting faggot.
>>
>>8693232
I actually checked the items being sold by the guy, and it's mainly bootleg toys.
>>
Since this is an eBay thread and it's sorta topic related, I'll go ahead and ask here.. How long should I wait before it's not considered rude to contact the seller asking him why the fuck he hasn't sent my package yet?

I've gotten some pretty bad luck lately with auctions I've won/items I've bought where it's been several days and the sellers still haven't shipped out. Hell, some still haven't even printed the shipping label.
>>
>>8707495
It might take a couple days but I'd say after 3 just send a message saying "Hello, what's the status on shipping?" My printer broke once and it took me awhile to be able to ship before.
>>
>>8695106
I think you would do better on /r/actionfigures bro
>>8695176
I've done this before with shipper boxes.
>>
>>8707643
>reddit
there something wrong with you?
>>
>>8684694
Yeah it was definitely (((them))) blocking other sellers out of the market so they can make their globalistbucks
>>
>>8707495
Give it 3 days (most sellers' shipping/handling time is 2-3 days) then ask if it's still not marked as shipped.
>>
Just saw something hilarious happen: up for auction was a ultimate soldier UH1-C helicopter, these things go for $250 or more if they are in-box and complete, easily $300 mint; anyways the auction was sitting at very low for the longest time, like $50 or so, typically it picked up HARD at the last minutes..then by the seconds until it ended at $150+$35 shipping...wow what a deal right? Well it had a reserved price apparently and the thing was put back on sale. I can just imagine the "winner" face lol.
>>
>>8675141
>0.99
>with 20$ shipping
Do people actually fall for this shit?
>>
>>8708894
it's ebay's clickbait
>>
>>8690981
that's when i learned to add "Please pay within 24hrs" on the description.
>>
>sell on eBay as a hobby
>afraid of having to pay taxes
Be real with me bros. If I'm making $500 a month on eBay is that going to fuck me over come tax season?
>>
>>8708981
paypal only rats you out to the IRS if you have 200 sales or $20,000 of income
no clue what ebay's new payment system limits are. if you are issued tax documents from ebay you need to pay taxes because they've also sent it to the IRS
>>
>>8707495
A Japanese guy once asked if wanted a refund because he was sick with herpes and could not ship out in another week. I message only if a week has passed with no updates.
>>
File: averagecollector.jpg (35 KB, 647x689)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Seller that I just bought from apparently got suspended, I already paid and he gave a tracking number in preshipment. He had very little feedback but it wasn't a brand new account. Think he ever actually had the item? If he does, is there any incentive for him to actually get it to me at this point?
>>
>>8711163
File a claim, you'll probably never get it so better safe than sorry.
>>
I am suspicious that a buyer damaged a transformer that I sent to him so that he can hawk me for a refund/ discount and keep the item.
Does this happen regularly? As a seller, Do I have any defence against this?
>>
>>8684632
What was the toy?
>>
>>8711170
Cool, I just have to wait a week for him to answer, which he can't, cause he's banned.
>>
>>8711205
Nevermind, it was refunded
>>
>>8711234
Guys must have fucked up really bad if they gave it to you that fast. Did they send you an email or something about it? I've gotten emails when the sellers are huge scammers.
>>
>>8711236
No emails or anything yet, ebay says they couldn't get tracking info from the seller despite the fact that I did have a tracking number lol
>>
>>8711249
Weird, one mine fucked up so bad that I got an FBI email mixed in with Ebay's email to provide any information if I believed it was incriminating to the seller (which was weird since they could just check ebay's messages, but whatever), but I didn't give them anything. The other was an apology from ebay and a message telling me about the refund.
>>
>>8711261
What could someone possibly be doing on ebay that would get the fbi involved? I'll keep an eye on that tracking number though, just in case they do send something, like poison or a bomb
>>
>>8711288
Selling drugs or cp?
>>
>>8711313
I could see some tard trying to sell drugs yeah

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.