[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CI Vipers.jpg (381 KB, 924x1225)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
Welcome to the G.I. Joe General!

Previously on G.I. Joe:
>>8612819

Latest News:
>Cobra Island Wave 2 is making it's way into people's (and scalper) hands and some Targets are limiting them to 1 per customer.
>New Retro figure listings found

Source:
https://news.hisstank.com/2021/01/02/g-i-joe-retro-line-wave-4-listed-at-idee-und-spiel-71731

Previous G.I. Joe Fan First Friday Reveals:

>Classified Flint
>Classified Lady Jaye
>Retro Lady Jaye
>Retro Duke
>Retro Cobra Commander
>Super7 Super Cyborg Cobra B.A.T.

>Link: https://youtu.be/l5_Rq5mhqjw

>Archived Threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/G.%20I.%20Joe%20General%20/

>Free Episodes of Joe:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNXV9Mb7egjH0ccOkdYG-SWdLNFuYpBmF

>Fortnite crossover teased:
https://news.hisstank.com/2020/10/26/possible-g-i-joe-and-fortnite-collaboration-in-development-71274

>New Classified listings:
https://news.hisstank.com/2020/10/25/new-g-i-joe-classified-series-listings-found-codes-including-snake-eyes-movie-line-71270

>New Sgt. Slaughter figure teased:
https://youtu.be/ECpywM5bBnA
>>
File: 1609648601007.jpg (1.02 MB, 2429x3238)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>8673609
And in other news it turns out the gauntlets on the Viper come off and underneath are bare arms! So anyone who wants go have the classic look has that option.

Also, has anyone got that thread logo an anon made for us? I'd like to make some OP images in my free time.
>>
>>8673609
That’s a nice image. Any Sauce in the form of a link or account?
>>
>>8673632
The artist is Anthony Petrie, it's the boxart for the figure itself.
Here is a link to his site: https://anthonypetrie.com/hasbro-gi-joe-classified-toy-packaging-and-poster
>>
File: 20210104_063553.jpg (631 KB, 2560x1440)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
I'm late as heck but I just picked up Snake Eyes, and he's great. I didn't expect the drop down hips and up/down hinges on the wrists. I picked it up loose on my local marketplace for $15, and thought it was going to have standard ML articulation but was pleasantly surprised when it didn't. Are the rest of the figures in the line this good, or is Snake Eyes the pinnacle? The only thing I will say is that it's top heavy with the backpack on
>>
>>8673636
Yeah quality wise Classified is really good, I think its the best 6inch line Hasbro is making right now since they're putting a lot of effort into the figures (good articulation, sculpts, accessories etc) but the biggest issue with the line is the poor distribution.
If you like Snake Eyes you'll probably like the Red Ninjas as they use the same body and they come with a bunch of weapons as well.
I'd also reccomend Duke and Destro.
>>
>>8673635
Thank you, my man
>>
>>8673653
>>dat 50th 2-pack
Can't really complain about a PoC/30th Viper re-release. And the 25th IG is a bit dated but still looked sharp.
>>
Got my Firefly. Viper was backordered. Inb4 target cancels it because they shipped them all off to stores.

but I also joined a GI Joe collector and MOTU collector FB group to keep track of what's coming out, variants, etc and man this line has some serious fucking psychos in it. It's like autistic sneakerheads. Didn't think it would be like that compared to this GI Joe general. MOTU bros were way more laid back.
>>
>>8673707
Joe has always been hell to collect and the community reflects it
>>
>>8673707
I've never joined those communities since I don't really use Facebook outside of looking at updates from stores I use, how bad are those groups?
Is it just a bunch of people trying to justify scalping a toy a $20 for $100?
>>
>>8673613
Hmm, I bet with some work you could get CC's boots on the Viper. They aren't the cavalry boots of the OG Viper, but they're pretty close. Not that I'll ever see on of these fuckers to try it out.
>>
>>8673707
Yeah. I briefly joined one on FB back around the first CI release. It started normal enough, but quickly turned insane when people couldn't find stuff. And then the ones looking to poke the bears came.
MOTU group and old school, mostly 3.75 inch Joe groups are cool, though.
>>
File: PB030003.jpg (364 KB, 1942x1333)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
FUCKING FINALLY!

Over three months later after ordering him from Amazon,Storm Shadow arrived at my door unexpectedly. In the Christmas rush, I had forgotten about cancelling my order for Stormy. But now I'm glad I didn't. Still, with this debacle and the scalper shenanigans with the regular Joes, I'm tapping out from collecting this line for right now. I've already been through this shit when the Black Series first came out and I don't want to deal with it again.
>>
>>8673836
>Is it just a bunch of people trying to justify scalping a toy a $20 for $100?
yes
>>
>>8673906
And crying about army building. I caught flak for going through the effort of hunting consistently for over a month and getting five Cobra Troopers because I wanted fodder villains for my Joes.
>>
>>8673918
To play devils advocate, it’s not like hasbro told us that they were going to do a regular cobra trooper in the mainline
>>
>>8673918
>>8673921
On the flip side, they have at least three marvel goons you can mass buy at 15 a pop. Besides Hydra, the other two goons are barely as known as god damn Cobra. But then again this is a company who would sell out of army builder Hand Ninjas in an instant, they just don't.
>>
>>8673827
It's 2020 and Hasbro has multiple lines of figures all of which are rather easy to get. I just feel Hasbro has no faith in the GI Joe brand.
>>
>>8673707
I had joined a few groups when the line was first coming out but the other day I had to just hide the feeds. It was nothing but posts from people either bragging about getting Firefly/Vipers or people complaining about not getting them, over and over and over. Same as it was with the first CI release. Another group I'm in just turned into a bunch of old men complaining that the new figures aren't just perfect scaled up reproductions of the 80's toys. It's surprising that this board and these threads somehow remain the best place to talk about Joes.

I'm in another group for Black Series and somehow that group is completely fine though it's mostly about customizing.
>>
>>8673827
I don’t know, it was pretty easy during the 25th thing and for a while afterwards, up until the Renegades line and the Retaliation line ended. Then it started becoming hard after that, because I guess Hasbro just doesn’t like money. But yes, is it hard nowadays, just because they have stupid distribution and made so little of them. Heck, I remember when you could find really darn good GI Joe toys at Dollar General of all places, as well as Fred’s.

But yeah, after those lines ended, I stopped collecting, because my collection was lost, and there would have been no feasible and affordable way to work my collection back up, especially some of the more rare/unique versions I had. So that kind of killed the toy collector in me.

And it wasn't just the GI Joe figures either, I lost most toys like that.
>>
>>8674570
Yeah, that’s certainly true. I also think that Hasbro forgot their roots, and that one of the big things that actually makes people want to buy toys is seeing the characters in a cartoon/movie/TV show/comic/game doing cool stuff, and that will make people want to buy them more.

Well, as long as the media they’re in is good. If it’s bad, it’ll make people NOT want to buy the figures. Like, Cabt Hasbro make another Resolute-like movie? Because apparently that movie (tehcinally a mini series turned into a movie) was rather low budget, all things considered. But it’s sometimes regarded as one of the best GI Joe movies and series.
>>
>>8674665
They need to at least do a miniseries on Netflix or other streaming platform. TF has the War for Cybertron going on and it's a great showcase of the figures on shelves at the moment.
>>
>>8674699
>War for Cybertron
>Great

:/
>>
>>8674726
Read the full sentence, anon.
>>
Shoot Target website is showing the Viper in stock in my area stores. Go there. There's nothing to be found. The website still says in stock. My blood is angry.
>>
>>8674764
It's hidden, in the back, or sold within the last 20mins.
>>
>>8674782
Well shit maybe I shoulda gone to cust service and asked about it. Over an hour later and it's still saying in stock.
>>
>>8674738
If the show isn't engaging or entertaining, people won't want the toys. TF TV media has been shit since Animated ended.
>>
>>8674699
Eh, maybe not one of those streaming services you have to pay for. I’m getting tired of literally EVERYTHING being a streaming exclusive. Remember when GI Joe: Resolute aired online and on Adult Swim for free? I mean, if they do something like that, it could be on a streaming service, but I’d also want it to be in normal TV as well. As much as people say paying for 56 different streaming services and watching said services are more accessible, to most people who don’t live in urban areas, getting good internet enough to watch that stuff is nothing more than a fantasy. Some of us are stuck with cable and only being able to watch YouTube videos on 480p at max, if even that, at times. Because another thing about most streaming services is that, instead of letting you actually choosing the video quality, they insist that their “aromatic quality detection” is the best thing in the world, even though it actively sucks and doesn’t actually help anyone who has anything other than always good internet connection/speed.

All this stuff is so dang alienating. Anyways, that’s my poor person ranting.
>>
>>8674570
>I just feel Hasbro has no faith in the GI Joe brand.
Maybe, but they seem determined to bring G.I. Joe back.
They did years of research with children to make appealing designs, they're using some of the best sculpts and articulation they've done in awhile and making it consistent across the entire line and if covid didn't screw them over they would have had a movie ready for people to watch last year to drum up hype.
>>
If i'm only going to buy 3-4 figures from this wave, which ones are the best?
>>
>>8674849
Most waves don't even consist of 3-4 figures, anon
>>
>>8674856
Shoot I meant line, sorry
>>
>>8674858
In that case go with the ninjas, most well rounded articulation of the bunch
>>
>>8674849
>Duke or Flint when he relases
same mold, but I'd lean more to Duke because the vest on Flint will limit his ab crunch
>Snake Eyes or Red Ninja
Again, same mold but I go with the Ninja since you get a lot of weapon
>Cobra Infantry
All round just a fun figure and should hopefully be easier to get than the CI version
>Destro
Just a solid figure, you might also enjoy the Pimp Daddy version as it comes with more stuff.
>>
>>8674884
>vest on Flint will limit his ab crunch
This is sadly becoming a norm, hurts. Web gear like the 25th figures had would do fine
>>
>>8674846
I wish they didn't bow to the louder parts of the fandom. I don't think most of the designs adjusted for the whining are appealing at all. I actually think they're worse than the originals. Figures like Duke and Destro were perfect because they took the originals and added some flair. I think this line could have been so much better than it is. I was all aboard day 1, now I'm ready to drop it. Cobra Island is part of it, but I just don't like how most of the toys are turning out.
>>
>>8676059
We don't know if anything was changed due to "fan backlash" though, everything so far apart from those Roadblock and Scarlett repaints fall in line with wave 1 and they even mentioned in interviews that the reason wave 1 has so much gold is because they wanted to make them feel special.
>>
>>8676068
The implication is there I think. Wave 2 onwards uses very muted 'realistic' colors, gold or no gold. It's exactly what the fanbase wanted. Then we have the whole Cobra Commander situation where it really is easy to read that Regal was the intended toy.
>>
Has anyone removed the vest from firefly yet? Not that I’ll ever find one, just curious what he looks like without it
>>
>>8676657
I haven't seen a picture of it yet but I'm pretty sure he uses the same body as beachhead.
>>
Not my pic but pretty sure it’s the same.
>>
>>8676886
Yep that's Beachhead.
Vestless doesn't look as good on Firefly imo, I'll probably keep my one on.
>>
>>8676992
Yup, Beach Head torso and Snake Eyes legs for the most part.
>>
>>8677030
I think if they make a commando Snake Eyes they'll use the combo again, it looks pretty close.
>>
>>8673609
>Goggles over a visor

Lol what?
>>
Yeah, no. I'm not chasing exclusive army builders against scalper scum. This was a massive blunder on Hasbro's part. I'm just going to walk away from this line. I'd rather spend the cash on vintage.
>>
File: army visor.jpg (328 KB, 2000x1334)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>8678065
Cobra's suppliers get more money that way.

Also, visors get hot as fuck but eyeware is always important. You need both.
>>
>>8678257
It wouldn't be as much of a blunder if target ordered a large amount, out of the 5 targets around my area 2 never carried the cobra troopers and the ones that did got 1 or 2 cases as far as I can tell. So I'm expecting maybe a dozen per store if they order them at all.
>>
>>8678430
But they'd have to take the entire helmet off to use the goggles, lol it's fucking dumb.
>>
>>8673653
>want a squad of POC/30th Vipers cuz they remind me of ODSTs
>check ebay prices
>$40 a piece
>No Toy Shows for the past year cuz rice cough
Why does it have to be this way
>>
>>8678065
There's a few things about GI Joe that you're just going to have to accept.
>>
File: goggles helmet mgr.jpg (9 KB, 164x307)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>8678536
Not sure what the problem is there.

It's not like you're taking the visor or goggles off in the middle of combat. IT's either one or the other before starting shit or after shit happened.

So you're usually with goggles or no goggles on with helmet while youre just lazying around or on the ride over.
You put the visor on when shit's about to go down.

Are there any customs with Vipers wearing just the goggles and not the visor? I know there's a lot of helmetless though, because it's easy to do.
>>
>>8678537
Cause they're from 2010/11 and it's been 9 - 10 years since they released those Vipers.
>>
File: vipes.jpg (216 KB, 900x1659)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>8678624
If there's one frivolous addition I've wanted on a Viper figure since forever, it's a retractable visor on the helmet. Then I could finally see a Viper wearing their goggles as intended, assuming they didn't fuck it up. Even the sideshow came with a completely different helmet to wear with the goggles over his eyes.

Though it does make for a funny headcanon that the goggles are completely worthless, there's just some weird deal with the manufacturer going on. And because the goggles suck, they just give em to the guys with full face shields.
>>
>>8678537
I would wait for a, hopefully, retro edition.
>>
>>8673882
This.
>>
>>8678728
Probably one of Destros scams lmao
>>
>>8676886
>>8676992
It would look great with some camo painted on
>>8677036
Wouldn't be surprised. Hasbro loves reusing parts and molds plus snake eyes is a guaranteed sell
>>
Walmart keeps knocking it out of the park! I preordered the retro Scarlett and "she" shipped the other day. Came in and it's fucking Roadblock.
>>
>>8678624
Man, the og Marauder figures are great. Shame that as they've gone on, they've become less and less able to hold weapons in two hands.
>>
>>8678501
None of the retailers in my area carried Joes, they didn’t even make space on the pegs
>>
>>8679369
Well to be fair it's 2021 and you can't assume genders anymore. So don't be a hater and be glad you got your figure.
>>
Just your daily reminder that Cobra are the good guys and always have been.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVjapXG5ruo

Toy manager's comment on scalpers.
>>
>>8680274
That store manager sounds like a fun guy.
Also is that thing about weighing packs of yugioh cards true? I've never heard of that before.
>>
>>8680294
I think its a thing for all TCG card packs. Usually stuff like holos are an extra card in the pack so the weight would be different.
>>
>>8680294
Been a thing since Pokemon's base set anon.
>>
>>8680310
>>8680314
huh, I never knew there was any weight difference, or enough that it would be noticeable.
I never collected cards seriously when I used to he into that kinda stuff so I never learned this stuff.
>>
>>8680356
I used to play Magic The Gathering in and after High School, and while this is news to me, it does make sense that the extra card would effect the weight. But taking a small scale into a store to weigh booster packs is fucking mental.
>>
>>8680381
It's not an extra card, a card is replaced with a foil. The foil uses a very thin sheet of metal. Not noticeable to your eye or hand, but a scale will show a very slight difference.
>>
>>8679374
>Man, the og Marauder figures are great. Shame that as they've gone on, they've become less and less able to hold weapons in two hands.
Really?
New bodies are shit or something?
>>
File: cobra commander 04.jpg (295 KB, 584x841)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>8680036
Truth.
>>
>>8680665
The suits and the WW2 torsos a bit more v-shaped widening as they go up the torso and so the arms, when extended forward, angle out ever so slightly. That coupled with the way the elbows are cut on those body types' arms hindering bend make them really tough to get into good rifle-holding poses.
I think they ended up realizing that the majority of their fanbase, from what I've seen elsewhere on the internet, are the type to get them, gear them up, and then just stand them around in neutral poses so they focused on better aesthetics with worse functioning articulation.
>>
>>8680704
I trim the elbow joint areas like I did on my PoC Era Shock Trooper arms and all that used them.
>>
>>8680670
I gotta ask around some used car dealerships, I'm becoming quite disillusioned with my country. Could really go for a violent uprising with a real message behind it.
>>
File: zartan back.jpg (260 KB, 615x908)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
Back art for Zartan adds Cobra Island figures. Viper has red shin pads.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (39 KB, 404x512)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>8680888
>>Alley Vipers still no-show
>>
>>8680888
Just noticed that Gung Ho's vest is blue in the art.
>>
>>8681028
They're probably repainting Gung Ho and Duke like seen with RB and Scarlett.
>>
>>8680888
SE has brown?
>>
>>8681038
The Special release with the weapons rack has charcoal pants and a really dull Greyish Brown for the straps and belts.
>>
>>8680930
50 bucks, they're in the next Cobra Island wave.
>>
>>8680888
Great it’s become the Smash Brothers Ultimate mural, just adding in the characters as we go along. No Flint or J though.

Since redecos are on the table hopefully Gung Ho comes on that blue colour. The designer Lenny said they tried his turquoise ARAH colour and it looked like shite on the bigger figure. That darker blue looks awesome. And where those Alley Vipers???? They’ve had to add characters to it and those are still a no show.
>>
>>8681268
>guess its just the heckin beloved /v/ meme I love dumb video games so much am I right fellow gamers?
>>
>>8681268
Cobra Trooper/Infantry aren't on it either unless I'm blind.
But yeah I like this updating mural thing, it's fun, I wonder how far they'll take it before switching to new art?
>>
File: 1581801419484.jpg (269 KB, 2277x1000)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>8680888
>>8680930
>Tunnel Rat just doesn't exist anymore
>He was a major part of the rumor mill because of this image
>Anon was right all along, he was included to pander to asian mobile phone gamers, not to show up in the toyline
>>
>>8681277
And worst of all
>5", $9.99 toyline of animated style figures never ever

Guess I'll stick to thinking about buying these $50 ebay figures and then not going for it because shipping is 20 bucks each.
>>
>>8681278
There is a 9.99 line coming, going off of listing leaks, though it seems like it's multiple movie lines and not the mobile game.
>>
>>8681276
>>Cobra Trooper/Infantry aren't on it either unless I'm blind.
Cobra Trooper is to the right of the viper kneeling and aiming his rifle

>>8681277
But Tunnel Rat's cool :'(
>>
>>8681289
>Cobra Trooper is to the right of the viper kneeling and aiming his rifle
Oh, I thought that was just another Viper.
>>
>>8680888
Really thought we would’ve gotten Alley Viper or this color Baroness by now. I’d be down for the Gung Ho in these colors too. These “two figures every two months” releases are kinda lame.
>>
>>8681315
The figures that do come out have a 50 50 chance being scalper exclusives. I have yet to see more then two sets of Firefly pictures yet dozens of ebay shots.

How sad is it when there is more post on ebay then collectors shots. I dont even bother looking for these anymore, let the scalpers have them, its clear they need them more.
>>
>>8681477
Everyone keeps talking about how hard it is to get Cobra Island figures but how about the mainline? What's the availability like on those?
It's pretty shit here in bongland but we're due to get a bit restock of wave 1 and 2 by the end of the month according to multiple stores.
>>
>>8681492
I got the joes them selves but never actually saw them in stores. I was able to get them through amazon only. Every other online store dries up fast.

Like I said, i wont even waste gas to go look for them. They Pulled the tags for the line before any even saw the selves.
>>
>>8681289
We don't need Tunnel Rat anymore. Snake Eyes is the token Asian now.
>>
>>8681492
I saw the first wave in Targets and Walmarts a few times when they first released. They go fast though. RB was the longest on shelf. Second wave is still rare. Seen Gung Ho and CC at walmarts maybe once and Walgreens, but never saw Red Ninja since he's one per case.

I don't get why store don't restock them. Pegs are always empty so their computers should be telling them zero instock. Not like Marvel Legends and Star Wars BS where multiples of the same figure is preventing store to order new waves.
>>
>>8681492
>but how about the mainline? What's the availability like on those?
I found the Wave 1 Endcap at WM which didn't come with a Destro. Target partly put them out around me when CI hit. RB was around for awhile before selling out at Target but everything was gone by September. Haven't seen a single mainline Joe since. My collecting most of the line is thanks to Amazon and BBTS.
>>
>>8681506
TR happens because it's Larry Hama
>>
>>8681506
>Snake Eyes is the token Asian now.

Snake Eyes was blond haired, blue haired, and lily white. Always has. Always will be unless Hasbro or IDW pulls a (((WE WUZ SNAKE EYES))) on us. And at this point in time, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
>>
>>8681678
that's some nice Scarlet ass
>>
>>8681678
>Always will be unless Hasbro or IDW pulls a (((WE WUZ SNAKE EYES))) on us.
The new SE movie...
>>
>>8681048
I'd buy, especially for the silver visor. Would be cool if he came with an alt goggled head.
>>
You officially know the Viper is a hot item when Boog starts a raffle for one.
>>
>>8681277
Who's the black chick adjusting her goggles?

Also Baroness, the Cobra emblem being split by cleavage. Noice.
>>
File: carladocgreercomp1.jpg (50 KB, 642x585)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>8682433
>>Who's the black chick adjusting her goggles?
I believe that's another version of Doc, previous gender swaps for Doc have been in Devil's Due with the G.I Joe: Reloaded comic and the club putting out a female Doc (it's his daughter) in O'Ring ARAH and Modern Era construction.
>>
>>8682138
I wish this scamming piece of shit died of covid.
>>
File: 1598552193190.jpg (76 KB, 669x1024)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Eurotrash here, can anyone recommend me a decent online store that carries Joe stuff in the EU? Especially the exclusives like Cobra Island stuff?
I can find some general release figures here and there on store sites but completely nothing from exclusives like Firefly
>>
>>8682470
Ah too bad. I'm always more a fan of making new characters rather than gender-swapping them. Though if it's his daughter I guess that's sorta okay too.
>>
>>8682495
>>8682495
>> Though if it's his daughter I guess that's sorta okay too.
Yes, but I was mistaken, it's his niece in the Devil's Due: Joe Reloaded continuity (it's own attempt to try a new story from the ground up in the early 00s rather than reboot their own ARAH continuation) and in the figure releases from the club where they follow the ARAH Larry Hama continuity more or less and he's Dead, killed by the SAW Viper in Issue #109.
>>
>>8682502
That fucking issue, any other comic series it would have been retconned away long before now.
>>
>>8682966
I mean, it basically has with how many other Joe comics, other than ARAH come around and still use the likes of Breaker, Quick Kick, and Doc. Crank-Case and Thunder? Not quite as lucky.
I wonder how many times editorial has had to remind Larry about who's still dead, though since he writes based on what figures he has lying around on his desk at the time.
>>
>>8682973
In an interview, Larry said he’s written about dead characters a lot, forgetting that their dead, or just not really caring, then writing ul some reason as to how they weren’t really dead, or not permanently dead, once someone calls him out on it.

He’s really into writing by the seat of his pants, for some reason. Like, he said when he did the comic panel of Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes having the same tattoo, on that issue it happened, he didn’t really know what it meant, or why they would even have the same tattoo, he just thought it seemed cool. Then later, he wrote up some reasons as to why they would have it. He chose that pattern because it was easy for him to remember and draw consistently, among other things. He’d say something like “I write like I don’t know what’s going to happen on the other page, because I honestly don’t know what’s going to happen on the other page, unless some higher ups tell me. I draw one page, then think up ways how the good guys or bad guys are gonna get out of the mess then”. I’m paraphrasing of course, but that’s the gist of it. A lot of retcons, basically.

Just making sure, you were talking about Larry Hama, right? Not some other Larry?
>>
>>8673609
Did i miss the boat on Snake Eyes? i thought he'd shelfwarm for months, but both Roadblocks did that instead
>>
>email from Target
>Another viper delay

The cancellation is coming I can feel it
>>
>>8683496
If you want that deluxe boxed one yes. The regular retail release, no.

They’re finally getting him released again soon. Hasbro admitted they got caught with their pants down on this line. Joe has been dead for years at retail and they weren’t sure how it would do especially with moving it from it’s scale it’s been in for almost 40 years. They said the orders were low and to put in perspective, Classified had almost as much produced as the Ghostbusters line and look how that’s clogging the pegs everywhere. But most of the figs are being rerun and some are getting updated decos like the new Scarlett and Roadblock. Snake Eyes could be potentially getting an updated deco too. Stores like Big Bad toy whore do have him up for preorder and I myself actually ran across a case of wave 1(with the circle head Destro) on Christmas Eve at Walmart after not seeing any at stores since September.

Also on a side note, you can get all his LE weapons except for the spear and screen with the Red Ninja figure also supposed to be coming back in bigger numbers soon as well.
>>
>>8681277
Tunnel Rat had pretty big roles in Resolute and Renegades. I’m sure he’ll be getting new figures soon.
>>
>>8682502
I guess that’s not too bad having someone take on the code name especially if it’s a relative. I know they made a female Dial Tone but I thought she was a relative as well cause he retired. It’s when they do this SJW pandering bullshit that really comes off as dumb. There was that IDW comic that replaced Salvo with a big fat Samoan woman. Fortunately that comic got canceled before the first issue could come out.
>>
>>8683649
Indeed, Renegades and Resolute is what hit me liking Tunnel Rat.

Also, what ethnicity is he meant to be? Because he was raised in the city, based on how he talks and sound, but I can’t remember if it was ever said what exactly he is. Like, I know he’s Asian appearance-wise, sort of. But is he Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Laotian?
>>
>>8683740
He's american-born, but his parents were chinese (Plus or minus other things mixed in depending on version)
>>
>>8683740
In the ARAH stuff Tunnel Rat:
>>His real name is Nicky Lee, and his rank is that of sergeant E-5. Tunnel Rat is a Trinidadian Chinese who lived in Brooklyn, New York prior to joining the US Army. He received Ranger training at Fort Benning and served time in Grenada. Tunnel Rat specializes in explosive ordnance disposal, and is familiar with most NATO and Warsaw Pact explosive devices.

In Renegades: he's Chinese American, hailing from Chinatown in Brooklyn, NYC.
>>
>>8683749
>>8683752
Ah, okay then. Thank you, guys.
>>
>>8683740
Tunnel Rat is heavily rumoured right now in the discords to be in the summer Cobra Island assortment. Along with Crimson Guard as the troop figure. There’s a deluxe figure either looking to be a cobra operative like Scrap Iron or possibly a red Cobra Commander. Source guy is fuzzy on that but he originally heard it was 2 Joes but looking more like 1 now.
>>
>>8684296
>Crimson Guard as a Target exclusive
I don't think I could handle that. Killing off every major Cobra army builder with the worst possible exclusive partner is just downright stupid. They are throwing money away.
>>
>>8684319
I can see hasbro doing this then acting surprised when interest dies.
>>
>>8683627
Same here dude. 42 got sent to various stores around my city and sold out simultaneously in an hour but I can’t get a single Viper shipped to my house, even though I was lucky enough to put in an order in the thirty second online window? Fuck this dude.
>>
>>8684319
>Killing off every major Cobra army builder
Why does everyone forget we got the trooper in the mainline?
>>
>>8684409
I think most people are forgetting its more of a stock issue. Even that figure you mentioned has very little stock and sold with in a few minutes.

They are not very welcoming to the people who like to army build, compared to ML where they have three, soon to be four once the Hand ninja is announced. And lets be real Hydra is the only one out of the three so far who deserved a army builder.

They better do the fucking Hand ninjas.
>>
>>8684552
That's why I don't think I'm gonna try to Army Build Cobra forces until Hasbro starts doing for them, what they've done with the Legends Army Builders.
>>
>>8684409
Because the CI one comes with more shit. I’m not paying the same price for a figure with less accessories.
>>
>>8684409
Legit, not being able to get the goggles with the CI version makes me not want to bother with this line. The distribution in general is very upsetting, but the fact that the 'available' version of the trooper is missing one of the coolest accessories, just makes me feel negative about the line, and even more pessimistic towards the future of the line.
>>
>>8684409
Ah yes the mainline trooper that has less accessories, less paint, and is black for some reason. Yet costs the same, and is also sold out most places already.
>>
>>8684636
I just wanted three of the CI troopers, one officer and two sharpshooters
>>
>>8682138
He betrayed his own theme song
>>
>>8684319
Man, I don’t collect hardly any more, and this line is a bit too expensive and too large in size for me (I don’t have much space for display, so I prefer smaller things, sometimes), but what’s Hasbro’s deal with Target? I thought Target was a dying store? I mean, there are literally NO Target stores anywhere close to me, because no one was going to them, so they shut them all down and turned them into something else.
>>
>>8684855
Alive and well where I live. 6 of them within 20 minutes of me. Just as many Walmart’s too so they’re holding their own, I assume.

As for why Hasbro partners with them: regardless of their market share compared to Walmart, they’re a lucrative place to sell figures, and without the exclusives, Target doesn’t feel as compelled to buy the main releases. They do it with legends all the time, Target buys like six or seven waves throughout the year to sell and part of that includes exclusivity to three or four figures, minimum.
>>
>>8683627
>>8684404
How the fuck did anyone beat bots with a manual order? Did you set up a bot of your own?
>>
>>8685366
I wish. Just got lucky. Looking like it doesn’t even matter though, I got Firefly in the mail on Wednesday but Viper is delayed
Of the two, I’d prefer to get Firefly. But Viper is more expensive on the aftermarket.
>>
>2 stores nearby get stock
>1 figure each
>the one 30 miles away gets 6
Not even gonna bother
>>
Where's the best to get red ninja and cobra infantry right now for a canadian
>>
>>8685821
Go back to 2020 and hopefully get lucky. Havent shipped in months
>>
>>8685821
You guys have the CI shit in Toys r us, right? I don't know if it's any better there than American Targets, but you could get lucky.

As for Red Ninjas, Gamestop, at least on my side of town. Haven't seen anything at Walmart.
>>
>>8685795
>Not even gonna bother
The tag line for the classified series.
>>
>>8686630
I wonder if the team know how badly they fucked this line
>>
>>8686670
Do you think they care? As far as i know they can all move on to other shit once this dies.
>>
>>8682488
I wish his fans who give him money do.
>>
>>8686674
I hope now the idiot in charge of classified is now in charge of TF
>>
>>8686731
Not*
>>
>>8686670
They all laughed about us not being able to find the first Cobra Island wave, and then they announced the second wave. They don’t give a fuck. They’ve sold every unit they’ve made, so I really doubt this line is considered a failure.
>>
>>8686746
It will be when people give up trying to collect it
>>
>>8686746
Weren't the CI figures already planned a year ahead to coincide with the movie? I doubt they'll be putting a wave three.
>>
>>8686770
Lol okay

>>8687207
I wouldn’t rule it out, due to exactly what you described: they were already planned. The back of the box has three locations too. Additionally, yes, they were planned ahead of time. But a) they still indicated they don’t think it’s a big deal, and b) they’ve made zero effort to get Target to improve their online order process.
>>
>>8687467
>Lol okay
I dont know, we already see people giving up on this line. How far will the scalpers go when no one but a small percentage want the figures and they shelf warm? Real episode 8 vibes from it.

I myself gave up till they fix the line. I have the five Joes, PDD and Stormshadow, boxed and put away as a failure till proven otherwise.
>>
I love the hi Joe I played with in like 2000 desu
>>
File: 220px-GIJoeSpyTroops1.jpg (25 KB, 220x280)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
a few generals back i saw an anon talking about spy troops. i found it on dvd recently, is it available online or should i rip to share? it holds up surprisingly well compared to my memory as an 8 year old
>>
>>8690168
if it is it'll be in low quality due to the tech when it came out
>>
>>8687616
The irony being the scalpers are one of the main reasons people are quitting the line, unlike with Episode 8.
>>
>>8690168
I would absolutely LOVE to see the movie again! If you’re able to, please rip it and share it!

I haven’t found the movie on any website, from what I searched. It would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I was that anon.
>>
>>8690168
Oooo please rip it if you can, all rips that exist are really low quality. Been wanting to rewatch this for a while now, I like surfer Beach Head.
>>
>>8686746
I love how they didn't even address it at the Pulse Con bullshit. Target may as well not even have pegs for GI Joe. They're empty for 90% of the year.
>>
>>8690539
>empty
That isn't true though? Their GI Joe pegs are full of those Snap Ships and Goo Jitsu things!
>>
File: Atfirst_Butthen.jpg (38 KB, 600x279)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>8690607
>Their GI Joe pegs are full of those Snap Ships
Every. Fucking. Store. Those, fucking, stupid, things.
>>
>>8690305
One stuffed the shelves with figures no one wanted, the other can't be bothers to put out enough to fight scalpers. How is Jazzwares the more competent toy seller with a fucking Fortnight line and Joes are floundering as we speak.
>>
>>8690728
To be fair even Jazzwares was having trouble getting and keeping thing on shelves last year too.
Also I think it's a case of stores trusting Fortnite more to sell since kids are still buying it and it doesn't help that GI Joe had its movie delayed which is probably causing PTSD flashbacks of last time.
>>
Why the fuck are Gi Joe Classified so expensive right now? Is there something I don't know?
>>
>>8690746
There's no stock in most places, even for the regular wave figures. Either stores don't have faith in the brand or Hasbro is holding off supply until the movie releases.
>>
>>8690607
Also Ghostbusters
>>
>>8690746
Scalpers too
>>
>>8690746
Because if you look at what else they're selling, you'll see it's all "high demand low stock" standard scalp bait. This hobby is ruined.
>>
Well ‘ello Major!!
>>
>>8691132
Since he was added with Lady Jay and Flint maybe this means he's in the same wave as them?
>>
Where's my regular retail Baroness?
>>
>>8691144
That would require there be any retail releases
>>
>>8691144
It's amazing that I never once...not *once* saw that stupid Baroness and cycle. They had the spot for it all year long. Empty.
>>
>>8691142
He is not
>>
>>8691142
Where’s BBQ? Maybe they’ll be forced to reveal him now like they did with some of the Marvel Legends before.
>>
>>8691154
Yeah. The spot is STILL there at my local Target. And it never once even popped in stock in a fifty mile radius. Not even a single false positive.
>>
>>8691160
I'm still waiting for Rock n Roll's reveal.
>>
>>8691132
Fuck! This is becoming the Smash mural. I absolutely adore this image and wanted a poster of it. Looks like I should wait a bit before hounding them again. I thought would honestly ditch it after all who’s on there came out.
>>
>>8691154
Baroness didn't ship everywhere despite the reserved spot. It's beyond stupid now some areas are now breaking up Viper cases to go 1 per store in short supply.
>>
>>8691154
They came 3 to a store . I’ve had 4 over the course of the year
>>
>>8680930
>>8680930
what year did this Brie Larson figure come out?
>>
File: YOJOEAIR.webm (2.41 MB, 512x384)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB WEBM
>>
>>8690785
>>8691045
>>8691065
To hell with that. I'm a patient person, so I'll just wait until I spot some in the wild. I have never bought from a reseller and I never will.
>>
>>8691190
How does Hasbro fuck up their own brand this badly?
>>
>>8691154
It's the only CI figure I've found period. Thought I saw a Heavy Duty on Target's website, must've been a dream though.
>>
Uhhh guys?
>>
>>8692039
Huh. I didn't know Duke was getting a reissue without all the gold bits.
>>
>>8692039
Welp, prepare for this line's aesthetic to never amount to anything interesting cause boomers can't accept that children still might want to play with toys too. God forbid a brand that involves lazers, ninjas, snake men, liquid metal masks, and robots have some fucking color
>>
>>8692055
Fuck off Michael
>>
>>8691154
I saw it once. I considered buying it to scalp but then I thought that it wasn’t worth my time. Big mistake
>>
>>
>>8691154
I have two. You want to trade a trooper and beachwave for it?
>>
File: Erf15dmVoAAm-ub.jpg (261 KB, 684x684)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
Here he is lads!
>>
>>8692116
You're late you fucking idiot. Someone already posted it.
>>
>>8692039
Cool repaint, bro. But I doubt they'd go through the effort of casting the binoculars in different colored plastic as they're probably in the same tooling as the other drab green stuff.
>>
>>8692138
My bad. I didn't see the poster. I just saw the blown up version on Hisstank.
>>
Just give me a decent Baroness for once then I'll die complete.
>>
File: Baroness.webm (2.68 MB, 720x480)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB WEBM
>>8692260
>>
When will we get the twins?
>>
>>8692407
You’ll get one mainline and the other as an Exclusive
>>
>>8692428
>One a Target exclusive and one a Walmart exclusive
>>
>>8692459
And the team will excitedly proclaim they can’t wait to see how the fans like them when they get them in hand during a fan first Friday
>>
>>8692407
>>8692428
>>8692459
It'll come with heads/swappable gear for both but will be 1 per case.
>>
>>8692534
Na, generic suit and head with sticker jacket patch and face scar so you can decide which Twin it is
>>
>>8692055
They said in a interview when the line released that only wave 1 was going to have the gold in the first place so they felt special.
>>
>>8692428
No no.
One exclusive to Target, the other only released in a special SDCC box set containing the two so you need go buy the first one again.
>>
>>8692407
Next Target Exclusive. He'll come with an alternate head and different reversed webgear.
>>
>>8692683
Yeah and politicians say they will change the country for the better.
>>
>>8692145
This is an official release
>>
>>8692060
Retard. Michael posts the opposite of that. I can tell you've been here all of 5 minutes.

>>8692055
I feel much the same. I hate the blues used in Cobra, I hate how tired and boring everything looks. They are actually more drab than the original toys in many cases. I'm probably stopping after the must have characters. Don't care to buy '80s Aesthetic' versions of the characters they've already done, I'm not double dipping. All things considered, this line has been a disappointment.
>>
You guys can be such drama queens sometimes
>>
My regal CC came in the mail the other day even though it was suppose to be delayed until April.

Any other news on the Classified stuff? Have Firefly and Vipers started arriving in Targets?
>>
>>8693085
>Have Firefly and Vipers started arriving in Targets?
Arrived and disappeared
>>
>>8692779
Retard. Michael doesn't post here at all. I can tell you've been here all of 5 minutes.
>>
>>8693090
Arrived and never made it to the pegs. Employees and their friends cleared out the single case of 6 figures each store got.
>>
>>8692818
Um, sweaty, this is a Gi Joe General.
>>
>>8693096
Michael has become a meme here. Has been since a poster that was obviously him started echoing his opinions. It's well known his buddies view and post here. Fuck off fag.
>>
File: 1536345298056.png (769 KB, 649x1139)
769 KB
769 KB PNG
>>8693857
>It's well known his buddies view and post here.
>>
>>8693334
You gotta wonder how the fuck hasbro isn't able to see all the fucking money they're leaving on the table with these exclusives
>>
>>8693334
This is why we need to replace the workforce with robots
>>
File: 0494394030200.png (765 KB, 1225x606)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
>>8693995
Beep borp ScalperBots to the RESCUE
>>
Good job, Legendsfags, you've ruined the line
>>
>>8694829
damn, from comics to ugly mcu colors
>>
>>8694829
Scarlett as fresh recruit and Scarlett as a seasoned veteran. Neat.
>>
>>8694829
That looks sooo much better. GI Joe might have a chance now.
>>
>>8694845
>>8694858
fuck off
>>
>>8694860
>stop trying to ruin my shitpost by saying positive things
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8694870
>saying positive things
>”GI Joe sucked before but now that it’s generic designs, it has a chance.”
Wouldn’t say that was positive or negative, just dumb.
>>
>>8694870
fuck 1/12
>>
>>8694881
>conveniently left out the first part of the post that was 100% positive
Based cherrypicker
>>
>>8694829
At least we got her and Lady Jaye before this happened. I'm dreading to see what they do to Courtney and Helix
>>
>>8694942
ugly mcu realism instead of cartoony colors like the comics
>>
>>8694955
Courtney probably won't even get a leather coat. Helix was a chance to go wild with a new design, now we'll probably see some bland garbage like the RoC suits
>>
megabloks call of duty is ugly shit browns and greys
>>
GI Joe's just gonna end up like fucking MOTU at this rate
>>
>>8694829
The black looks better than the Purple and the color of the hair is better. Everything else about the first version is better.

If they were really gonna improve on Scarlett they should have given her double jointed elbows and bicep swivels like Lady Jaye has.
>>
>>8695061
It wasn't meant to be an improvement, it was an easy way to entice a second purchase of an existing mold, and also win over the weirdos who freaked out over the gold and face paint. I'm sure after they've expended all the prominent characters, they'll start redoing them with actual improvements and sprinkle them into waves with lesser-known characters
>>
>>8694829
>suppose to be mad over this
kek
>>
>tap out of the line and sell all my figures 3x msrp
Get it while the gettings good boys. Only downhill from here for this shit line.
>>
>>8681492
Impossible to find at regular retail, but somewhat available to buy online? Destro and Red Ninja are fucking gone now, but the other figures were relatively easy to get, all things considered.
>>
Where can a canadian order ci firefly right now
>>
>>8695174
Canada gets Target exclusives in Toys r Us stores.
>>
So the Viper and Firefly went from out of stock to sold out. Guess that’s all she wrote for them.
>>
>>8695178
Ah so 0 chance. Thanks anyways
>>
>>8695217
We didn't even get Firefly here yet
>>
>>8695250
My store didn’t either. And it only got 1 Viper. The whole thing is tiring and ridiculous.
>>
>>8695103
Pretty much exactly what I did. Not going to fight this shit anymore.
>>
>>8695068
I will not let your logic stop me from freaking out and declaring the toyline dead and blaming it in my boogeyman
>>
>>8695103
The line isn't shit just the distribution.
>>
>>8692039
for FUCK sake this is what i wanted to begin with. then i talked myself into getting the first release
GODDAMN IT HASBRO STUNG ME AGAIN
>>
>>8695416
>>Oh no I can't enjoy the figure I already have because of COLORS
get a grip
>>
File: romanian shish kabob.png (1.09 MB, 1414x775)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>8690508
>>8690445
i'm on the case bros. don't your hopes too high as the original resolution is still low, but it's watchable. rewatching after 15 years was a trip.
the end credits theme kicks ass and was done by a now defunct in house/acquired hasbro studio called juniper music. totally rocks
>>
>>8695429
Thanks, my man! I really appreciate it! Ha, I remember originally watching the movie on Toonami.
How do you plan on distributing the movie, by the way?
>>
>>8695464
i'll just link to a MEGA or something.
turns out HandBrake can rip it in 10 mins, but i will have to fiddle with the de-interlacing. it will take a while to balance the filter with trial and error
>>
File: 5161XF5HVKL.jpg (61 KB, 351x500)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>8690168
>>8695429
>>8695490
Excited to see it again, anon. I should still have my old dvd somewhere, but that thing's probably toast, must've watched it hundreds of times. Eyes of a Hero is great, but I always liked the Valor vs Venom theme more. Never did own a copy of that one, rented it quite a few times though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36KoYrxSkRg
>>
>>8695217
>>8695258
>>8695315
I have yet to see one figure from this line in the wild besides finding a Beachhead that had a damaged box. Everything has been online and the scalper bot exclusives aren't even on the radar.

What's the scalpercunts endgame? As far as I can see they cant move the piles of figures they have, not a lot have reached people. The price will fall out from under them once they kill the intrest in the line, it's already happening, go to hiss tank and more and more people are just giving up finding the line.
>>
>>8694909
>”that looks soooo much better”
>equal to “the old one looks soooo much worse than the new one”
>100% positive
Stay in school
>>
>>8694860
Nah, stay mad. That's an improvement and you know it.
>>
>>8695568
Fuck Marvel Legends
>>
>>8695568
Anon just stop replying to them, when you start getting responses like the one above it becomes obvious they're not worth the time.
This place is probably going to go to shit now anyway so guess that's another toyline thread ruined.
>>
>>8695526
>bought 4 fireflys at Target 2 days ago
>sold them for $200
I just buy everything on the shelf when I find it. Easy money.
>>
>>8695634
Sure you did.
>>
>>8695634
Hey I know you only can get your rock off larping, but its hard to believe when very few people even have these and the majority of collectors aren't buying ebay exclusives. really hard to get one over when half the people here go to hisstank and know your lying.

You can make a better Firefly with two action force sets and have a much nicer figure that looks like the original.
>>
>>8695730
Action force figures that haven't even released and won't match the line's aesthetic? I'd rather throw the 60 bones towards an ebay copy
>>
>>8695639
>>8695730
I did. Eat shit.
>>
File: 1609758192599s.jpg (12 KB, 188x250)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Why does cobra commander have goggles and a face plate?
>>
>>8695797
Christ what a defeatist attitude, might as well let him fuck your wife while he's at it paypig.

>>8695799
>Soft jerk off motions
>>
>>8695838
I'm willing to throw 60 towards a toy and you think I have a wife?
>>
>>8695805
Those are Cobra Vipers.
>>
>>8695799
Oh yeah, everyone super believes you.
>>
>>8695885
Yeah should have read loser off you right away when you do stupid shit like pay scalper ransom.
>>
>>8694829
I like the colors on right more but the face looks better and cuter on the left.
>>
>>8695949
Okay, have fun driving around wasting gas to visit 6 empty targets
>>
>>8696107
I like how you don't even seem to consider just not getting the toy.
Like, did you not get enough toys when you were a kid and now have an unhealthy fixation on getting everything?
>>
>>8696211
why would they be here if they didnt want it?
>>
>>8695490
Ah, alrighty then. Coolio! I wish you good luck with those then.

>>8695504
I had both movies on VHS, I bought Valor Vs. Venom at a Dollar Tree years after release. It was during that time period where stores were begging people to hurry up and buy the last of their VHSes so they can get them out of their inventory. I have no idea where that tape is at now. I didn’t buy Spy Troops, but I recorded it using a blank VHS tape.

If I remember correctly, Spy Troops, without commercials, is the length of a TV special (around 40-something minutes) while Valor Vs. Venom is, for the most part, feature length (at least somewhat over an hour, without commercials). Then again, I didn’t look the info up, so I could be wrong.
>>
>>8695504
That cover art makes Duke looks like what’s-his-face from Street Fighter
>>
>>8695799
B
B
B
B
BAIT
>>
>>8695504
>>8696366
>Dollar Tree
Oops, that was supposed to say “Dollar General. I sometimes get the names mixed up.

Also, it’s funny that I got the VHS from Dollar General, because, a few years later, Dollar General has their own exclusive line of GI Joe figures.
>>
>>8696387
>>Dollar General has their own exclusive line of GI Joe figures.

Those were good times, alas that it was only 2 assortments.
>>
>>8696441
upper management was not happy with how well received the figures were and how much the design team worked into the cheap releases like missing characters n looks. it was revealed at a joecon panel a year or two after they happened
>>
Anyone heard anything from OhMyPrimus about their cobra island orders yet?
>>
>>8696625
I don't understand how they could be upset with them?
>>
>>8696702
Aren't they a scam?
>>
File: rr.jpg (25 KB, 286x286)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>8694829
Paige Wyatt wants her neck back
>>
Anyone else hate the soft webgear? I though it might be cool but it never stays in place well and is not designed to be removed or swapped around like other accessories. Really starting to wish most if them where sculpted details because stuff like dukes bandelier always jostles around when I pose him.
>>
>>8696889
DG figures were meant to be stripped down cheap releases like previous generations like JvC, VvV o-ring stuff. Figure, almost no accessories and no new paint for the most part. Instead the design team released brand new versions of several existing figures like '90s SS and SE, Devil's Due Shippy, and two different Cobra Troopers which used a newer style body with rifle for only $5 a pop. That made their $10 figures look like shit when they were having trouble selling the movie stuff. Fans wanted more of the DG line and Hasbro killed it.
>>
>>8697247
that's a stupid argument. I call bullshit.
>>
>>8697247
But they'd killed the O-Ring builds when they moved on to the 2007 and onwards style of construction (with only the Club and that one O-rIng Snowjob with Battle Bear with RoC Rockslide and another repaint of the 25th Snowjob being the exception).

Still sounds like management didn't like being upstaged.
>>
>>8697247
>>8697262
>>8697300
Those were some pretty cool figures too. Too bad Hasbro started getting too greedy, again. A little bit after that those Basic Assortment waves were when I stopped collecting, mostly because o ended up losing almost all of my figures (long story).

I don’t think any of the Dollar Generals around me ever got the secondary color variations of the figures, just the primary versions (pic related). Or at least not that I knew of.
>>
>>8697332
>>8697247
>>8697262
>>8697300
Here’s the alternate colors, for anyone wondering.
>>
>>8696211
>>8695526
Honestly, I've been thinking about this a lot, and its a shame. When I first saw Vipers pop up, I was with my family for the holidays, and I just felt it'd be childish to start running to targets then. And I love the vipers over regular troopers. But damn, Hasbro is really killing this line along with fans. All they have to do is say "We're going to have more later." But they can't even do that. Instead, we get whispers and hearsay from an exclusive press only event that MAYBE figures will be re-released in 2021, but since they couldn't say it to our faces I feel like it doesn't mean shit. They said that there would be more Baroness this year, but considering how tone deaf the team is, I feel like they're just referring to the Snake Eyes Movie Baroness figure which I doubt anyone would want to use as a stand in for an original.

I doubt the line will make it to mid 2022, and its all on Hasbro and their record low poor management of the line. MOTU is doing leagues better, clearly Mattel has a little faith in itself.
>>
>>8697262
>I call bullshit.
You nothing of business, I watched the ceo of my old company kill a profitable product line of jewelry that sold exclusively to amazon because his idea was shot down when he pitched it to the previous ceo. It was the point my company started hemorrhaging money. by the time Corona hit we were at a third of the staff.

We used to move millions of pieces of jewelry a month working with qvc and amazon. Now the company has a constant fire sale going on just to burn off the rest of the stock. All because some prick has little dick energy.
>>
>>8697878
As Ive been saying since the beginning, walk the fuck away, hurt the scalpers, hurt hasbro. Fuck'em, fuck'em all.
>>
>>8696907
I've bought transformers from them before and never had a problem. I didnt even know they sold Joes.
>>
File: 102591032.png (362 KB, 719x397)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
>>8694942
They already ruined Lady Jaye before even releasing her. They gave her one of the ugliest female head sculpts ever on a 6'' figure.
>>
>>8696927
Copy that!
>>
>>8694829
Head looks so much better
>>
no word from hasbro?
>>
>>8694829
Both look fine but the eyes look distractingly bad on the repaint. Hopefully this is just a one-off case.
>>
File: 1610509389507.jpg (837 KB, 2048x1365)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
>>8694829
Desert and night mission outfits.
>>
I gave up on buying Joes years ago. Too expensive, too hard to find, and too much of a hassle for me to store any more. I have my old collection as a kid and I have plenty of POC and 30th anniversary figs as well. Just all the same, it's trippy to see stores carrying fucking classic HISS Tank on the shelves. I almost feel like a kid again. It's bittersweet, I suppose.
>>
>>8697878
That type of open and direct statement would go along way with me, i see duke or scarlett or snake eyes random as fuck when i shopping but ive only seen beachhead and gung ho once and i was lucky i had the cash. Im saying just tell me i can get my toys one day AT RETAIL PRICES and ill be ok. We all know covid fucked the supply chain but now it just feels like hasbro is catering to shitheads and not life long fans.
>>
>>8697878
>I doubt the line will make it to mid 2022

They have money ready to fall into their hands and they won't do things right. Just -won't-.
>>
>>8701801
Much like your government.
>>
>>8701763
exactly what i was thinkin
>>
>>8673609
>>Viper
>>
My viper pre order got delayed again by target . Trash ass distribution lol
>>
>>8697247
They should have been fucking grateful that any of their branches kept some semblance of good will with their fans.

And yes, I am aware that most of Hasbro wants Joe to just die so they can all go to Transformers and Ponies. That doesn't excuse anything they do. Fuck Hasbro.
>>
>>8681605
I only just went into Walgreen’s today for the first time in months and saw the empty Classifieds slot on their shelves. I’m honestly surprised they were ever there to begin with.
>>
>>8681605
>I don't get why store don't restock them. Pegs are always empty so their computers should be telling them zero in stock.
Honestly I think Hasbro is only making enough to fill the orders that are put in. That said I don't know if stores are putting in orders after they sell out or not though. A local toy store I go to, and can get some better info on this shit from has had its doors closed since the Covid lockdowns started last year so I haven't had the chance to ask.
>>
>>8695174
ebay
>>
File: shark-arms.jpg (52 KB, 720x404)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
So, turns out, i'm the problem. I bought a Viper off ebay. I got scalped, willingly. I'm in Canada, no Target, TRU gets target exclusive, except they never seem to. Still never seen anything but a Duke in TRU, never a Baroness. But thats all fucking excuses. I'm an asshole, and i know it. If i honestly thought i could buy a retail Viper, i'd wait, even if it took a year, but i'm still waiting for a mimban stormtrooper. I fucking hate this hobby, and i apologize to the community for putting money in a scalpers pocket
>>
>>8704277
Nah, just enjoy your Viper when he arrives anon.
>>
File: 1580626423181.jpg (30 KB, 460x397)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>8704292
>>
Stores basically made it impossible to check stock for the Cobra Island figures, was able to score 4 Fireflys though. So I guess it's better because I have a chance at randomly finding this shit, as opposed to being forced to be there at opening.
>>
File: Game over.jpg (3.21 MB, 2583x2488)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
Got my first modern era Viper and Im in love with it. Pursuit of cobra was such a good line, if only I was in the know about Joe before it cost $30-80 for the desirable figures. I would have cleared the pegs of vipers, cobra troopers, jungle BATs, steel brigade.. all for $10 a piece. You guys dont know how good you had it
>>
>>8701763
They left off half the details on the new version's boots, so you'd have to swap the knees and shins for this to work well. I might just end up doing a headswap if the new body fits in better with the rest of the current line
>>
File: 20210117_234703.jpg (2.17 MB, 4000x3000)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
>>8704454
Speaking of Scarlett, I've been busy with the new Retro Collection release.

>>8704372
It was a blessed time to be sure.
>>
>>8704372
Don't you ever say that. PoC is the absolute last thing I took for granted. It was obviously an accident that we were getting figures we actually wanted, and that you could actually find shit in store. I lived it the fuck up for as long as I could before Hasbro resumed being Hasbro.
>>
File: SCARLETTS.jpg (153 KB, 860x768)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>8704481
wrong image.
>>
>>8704481
>>8704503
The resolute outfit is everything to me
>>
File: SCARLETTS_standing.jpg (171 KB, 860x768)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>8704558
Yes, it along with pretty all the Resolute designs were exquisite.

I swapped the knees and lower legs since they're longer than the Helix set of legs that the Retro Collection uses (even though the sculpts are very similar).
>>
>>8704344
Yeah sure, every other guy seems to find four yet no one seems to have one. Now post a facebook picture to "prove" me wrong.
>>
>>8704748
Dude, my target had 6 fireflys today. I bought 1 so as of now that target in hornlake ms has 5. I joked with the guy stocking about how long in his shift theyd last.
>>
>>8705069
Please middleman i'll pay you extra
>>
>>8704035
Ive gotten gung ho and cobra commander that way.. I know red ninja is sitting in the stock room, they only put out one figure at a time and out of 6 walgreens only one has gi joe. Weird
>>
File: 20210117_185534.jpg (3.72 MB, 4032x3024)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
>>8704748
>>
>>8705549
For the love of god please sell me one
>>
>>8704277
fuck you, asshole
>>
File: 992.jpg (56 KB, 720x480)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>he made custom 6 inch joes
>>
Red Ninja is available for order on EB's website my fellow canadian bros
>>
>>8707616
We've gotten the standard trooper twice now, and we'll more than likely get a second Viper release, but does anyone think we'll get more red ninja releases? Thinking of grabbing an extra so I have a pair

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.