[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 56 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: evatchi wave 2.png (173 KB, 1000x1000)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>second wave of evangelion nanos
>second wave of demon slayer nanos
How long until an anime crossover gets a color model?
>>
>>8593803
Where can I buy these?
>>
>>8594100
JapanYouWant has a lot of preorder stock currently
>>
>>8593803
What’s so cool about the new ones?
Nostalgia?
Collection?
>>
>>8593803
man I wan to cum on that cute Mari Tamagotchi so bad
>>
>>8596089
you answered your own question
>>
>>8593803
I preordered Kaworu because I was waiting for him from the start. I'm kinda confused why this wave matches plug suits though, because the first wave matched the actual Eva unit colors... an annoying disconnect.

>>8596099
Obligatory fuck Mari and fuck how she gets more merch than best boys.
>>
File: 20201129_220718.png (1.08 MB, 719x1076)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Anyone else have a MushiKing?
Probably one of my favorites and it isn't talked about ever.
I want to know more about it, my Japanese is poor.
>>
>>8593803
is there ramiel
>>
File: Ramiel.png (340 B, 25x25)
340 B
340 B PNG
>>8597379
if you give good care
>>
>>8593803
what screwdiver do i use for the minis? tried to open mine to change the battery but i just ended up stripping the screw like a dumbass instead.
>>
Is there any difference in the new wave of demon slayer minis? It's being called the "Hashira Gathering Version", does version mean there's something new in the programming or characters?
>>
File: NanoMegaList.jpg (465 KB, 900x600)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
>>8593803
Never. The Nano model is just too lucrative to use, and Sanrio is essentially the only brand that could guarantee sales by having a color model.

>>8602192
There's new programming on it. On the new one, you guaranteed to raise one of the Hashira, and there are new games, daily animations, and a new demon to fight. There are also two new secret characters not on the original version.
>>
>>8597375
There's a guide here:
http://www.vpets.org/guides/mushiking-guide
>>
>>8603052
>you guaranteed to raise one of the Hashira
Does that mean there are less characters than the original version?
>>
>>8603486
Yeah, it was two less adult forms.
>Original: 13 (9 Hashira + 4 main characters)
>Hashira ver.: 11 (9 Hashira + 2 secret)
>>
File: s-l1600 (6).jpg (120 KB, 1000x1000)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Korea's first Tamagotchi is already sold out everywhere. Damn.
>>
File: 320px-Megalogrowmon.jpg (22 KB, 320x320)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>No Digimon/Eva collab
Then again we did kinda get one back in 2001.
>>
File: 1.jpg (367 KB, 2618x1404)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>preorder the Hello Kitty Tama at GameStop
>release day 12/1
>they don't have it
>still don't have it as of today
>fuck it, I'll check Target and other GameStop stores
>lol nope not there either
>everyone else is posting photos and videos of theirs
I suffer.
>>
File: VB.png (983 KB, 1328x708)
983 KB
983 KB PNG
Oh hey, new Digimon.
>>
>>8612554
what is this? is it just one of those smart fitness bands with a digimon theme?
or an actual digimon device that looks like a fit band?
>>
>>8612563
You raise a Digimon, but it also measures your heart rate and steps, which impact what your Digimon evolves into. Also connects to a smarphone app.
>>
>>8612569
So if I'm a lazyass will my Digimon evolve into a Snorlax?
>>
>>8612554
Finally, a new Pokéwalker.
>>
>>8612554
I hated this idea at first, but I'm kind of warming up to it. Will it be available in English?
>>
>>8614380
The announcement post for it was made in English, Japanese, and Korean, so there's possibility.

>>8613458
There's a sloth one it can become.
>>
>pacman Tamagotchi available not too far from my house, want one though website actually says it's not available
>available through purchase from Amazon Spain but would take forever to arrive
>kinda just want a Tamagotchi with a visible screen since tama friends had terrible screens in Europe
>check review for pacgotchi
>only food and a simple pacman themed game, no poop, discipline or putting it to sleep
Dodged a bullet there if I'll be frank with you. I had no idea nanos were that poor.
>>
>>8617893
Nanos are mostly just novelties.
>>
>>8604511
Whose gonna tell him?
>>
>>8617893
Nanos are simpler pets, they're really for people who are either too busy to run a full Tama pet or are just getting into it. I personally really like them, and the Pac-Man one has two really good games on it (I'm running one now).
>>
>>8618119
>>8618143
Yeah, I realize that now but I'm really looking for something more meaty.
I'd love to get the colour tamas since they seem to have the most content but I'd like not to take out a loan and three months of treasure hunting leave to fucking find and afford one.
>>
>>8618259
You're probably better off getting an On/Meets then. They're in retail right now for $60, though you can find used ones on JYW and eBay for cheaper.
>>
frens does one of u have a Punitapi Chan? Is it fun & worth? Will it get an english release?
>>
>>8618798
>Will it get an English release?
Absolutely not, there's no audience for it.
>>
Anyone preordered one yet?
>>
>>8623917
Preordered one along with a kaworu nano to save on shipping
which means JYW won't send either until they're both out so it'll be like 3 months from now, but that's okay
>>
>trying to get the eco bag on my Mix for discounted items, by resetting the clock to wake up on the 10/20/30th of the month and going to the park after 10am
>20 resets, still no eco bag

There's only 3 possible gifts, I've gotten the fork like 3 times and the badge every other time. The fuck kind of drop rate is this? Imagine trying to get the bag without cheating, it'd take a whole year
>>
>>8593803
>Rei again
>>
>>8623917
The fuck is this?
>>
>>8593803
>The gay guy
>The bitch who has been underwritten for 9 years straight
>Second-hand Rei
They really shoulda spread things out better, the first wave is wholly superior.
>>
File: squire-4.png (526 KB, 1000x1000)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
>>8628122
The shinji and asuka shells aren't that great
any nano which doesn't use a different color for the outer and inner shell parts is low tier
>>
>>8628134
Mari and Rei 2 at least have 3 colors in their printing compared to Shinji and Asuka's 2 colors, but Rei 1 and Kaworu are without question the best looking shells in the range
>>
>>8628117
Second version of the Demon Slayer Tamagotchi. Different games, different daily animations, different demon to fight, and two new secret characters. 3/2021 in Japan, no USA release announced.
>>
>>8630495
>different demon to fight
Is there an actual demon fighting mechanic separate to just playing a game or an idle animation?
>>
File: prototype_model.png (65 KB, 1200x676)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
Looks like a new color model is on the way, likely next year.
https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/designs/008272074-0001
>>
File: tamatown tamago figures.jpg (240 KB, 810x1080)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>8633803
nice find, where did you see that? Does a tamagotchi news site exist in the current year or do you have to be in the discords to hear stuff like this?

That looks a lot like the top is meant to come off and perhaps be swapped out
>japanese tamatown tama-go
>P's 2
There's no clear IR port in the drawings, wonder if that means they're ditching IR again? maybe going full bluetooth since the meets uses that?
>>
>>8633946
Saw it here, includes a link to the patent.
https://twitter.com/TamagotchiWiki/status/1339401295522902017
>>
>>8633803
All the other tamagotchi listings in that database have visibly protruding buttons, like the final product
This new design doesn't have buttons which stick out. Could that mean they're going for touch sensors instead of physical buttons?
>>
File: meets-2021-comparison.jpg (212 KB, 1892x1850)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>8633970
direct comparison of the meets vs this new one. I resized the drawing so they're the same height, the new model is either taller or fatter than the meets
>>
>>8633981
I mean shorter or fatter. I'm guessing fatter, they've varied in thickness before but I can't think of one which has been this thick. Must be some new technology they're cramming in, something to do with the top lid I'd assume. Or maybe if they are really doing the tamago figure gimmick it's just to give more surface area for a solid attachment
>>
>>8633981
If it's fatter, that likely means it has NFC built into it, like the Friends and 4U models. No idea what's up with the top though. People in the Discord are comparing it to the Osutchi and Mesutchi, but I think it'll be something much more different. This is likely coming out in 2021, which will be Tamagotchi's 25th anniversary, so it's gotta be something really special.
>>
It's interesting that there are IP listings for the 4U and Mix, when those were never released in the EU, but nothing earlier
>>
>>8633985
Last time they did NFC they did a flat back which I'm assuming was something to do with making sure NFC would work. This one has a curved back, and the battery cover takes up the whole rear third which is kind of far for NFC I think?
Although I don't remember if the western Tamagotchi Friends was flat backed or curved
>>
>>8633988
It's likely they were trying to work on global English releases for those, but fell through because of EU safety/material standards for toys, which also seems to be the case for the Meets/On. If they're working on patents this early before release, it's likely they're on top of those issues this time and they want this to be a global thing.
>>
It could be fatter just to fit more powerful internals. The meets was getting too stuttery and slow.
I was surprised to see how advanced the puntapi chan was in terms of frame rate and image effects (images that can move and rotate and exist in a simplistic 3D coordinate space). Tamagotchis haven’t innovated much since the very first color beyond making characters constructed out of like 8 simultaneous sprite layers instead of 1 (and that’s a major reason why performance has been getting worse)

We’re long overdue for some innovation in the general presentation and performance
>>
>>8633997
Has the On not been released in the EU?
The meets was listed in the database after it had been released in Japan, I don’t really know what the schedule is going to be considering they’ve now listed this new one before it’s even been announced
>>
>>8634024
Meets was released in North America (Tamagotchi On) and South Korea (Tamagotchi Some), but nowhere else as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>8634031
Australia. It gets lumped with the EU for video games, but I guess with toys it’s treated as Asia/Oceania. They got IDLE’s back in the day too
>>
>>8634037
Ah. Assuming they got Magic and Fairy. Did they also get Wonder Garden?
>>
>>8634045
Not sure, I haven’t looked recently
>>
>>8633970
>Could that mean they're going for touch sensors instead of physical buttons?
Please God, no
>>
>>8634086
I can’t think of any other explanation. They wouldn’t suddenly do recessed buttons after 25 years
Are there any examples of toys with touch sensitive buttons in the same price category?
>>
>>8634045
The Ons are pretty difficult to spot in stores, as far as I can tell the only places that really have them are some dedicated toy stores rather than the major retail stores like Target or Kmart. The easiest way to get them is through Amazon AU which might just import them from the US, not sure. Wonder Garden is available there, either way. When the Ons first came out there was a bunch of misguided news articles about "remember tamagotchi from the 90s well it's back and in color and for the first time you can marry!", so there must have been a true local release because they wouldn't go to all that fuss about a product you just import from a separate market

I got a meets when I was in japan a year ago so I haven't bothered with the english versions myself
>>
>>8623917
The Evacchi killed any kind of enthusiasm I could have for Nanos. Such a great concept completely ruined by being on a complete piece of shit device.
>>
>>8634467
What's wrong with the evatchi?
>>
File: 004el.jpg (149 KB, 640x425)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>8634389
>When the Ons first came out there was a bunch of misguided news articles about "remember tamagotchi from the 90s well it's back and in color and for the first time you can marry!"
This happens with EVERY new major Tamagotchi release in English. In Japan, Tamagotchi is as evergreen of a brand as Pokemon. But in the English world, people have this weird sort of cultural amnesia because when asked, people only seem to remember that it was wild in the 90s, and no one remembers the brand had a big reboot in 2004.
>>
>>8634549
The Nano itself is a boring pointless piece of shit. It strips away everything that makes Tamas interesting and doesnt feel like raising a pet at all. The Angels have absolutely no personality or do anything other than the same 3-4 sprites and once you've raised one you've basically raised them all. The device actually encourages you to not play with it because you get different Angels based on how long you leave it in the cocoon form. There isnt even a sense of danger that your beloved Angel might die. I completely neglected mine and it still died in the standard 3 days a normal one does, so it doesnt actually matter if you take care of it or not. People say Tamas are just interactive timers and the Evatchi, and Nanos in general, feel even more so.
>>
>>8635719
I don’t disagree, I just don’t really see it as a complaint about the evatchi rather than a complaint about nanos
>>
>>8635866
>a complaint about the evatchi rather than a complaint about nanos
Thats true. The concept of raising an Evangelion Angel is great but its wasted on being forced into a Nano.
>>
>>8618143
What do you do in the pacman one? Saw these at target and almost picked it up, but wasn't sure it would be worthwhile.
>>
tfw white whale
>>
>>8618392
>tfw Europe

Does anyone have an English On they want to sell me?
I have two tama friends of you want to trade.
>>
>>8638139
Can you get them trough amazon?
>>
could someone just briefly summarize the tomagotchi hobby as it currently stands? ive always found them cute and visually appealing, but what are the functions of modern ones and what is it like to collect them?
>>
File: 20190916_094856_4289.jpg (423 KB, 800x533)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>8638181
Collecting them can either be a lot of fun or a complete nightmare, depending on which ones you're going after. Some people collect for gameplay, others collect for rarity or novelty. I go for both. It's a struggle.

Most collectors operate through a Discord and a few Facebook groups, and have a price sheet to give new collectors a general idea of what to pay. Collectors also but, sell, and trade through their groups, though you can also get Tamas from eBay, Yahoo Japan, JYW, etc.

The modern pets are filled with all kinds of functions like marrying, collecting items, connecting, app interaction with Bluetooth, and gene mixing. There's also the Tamagotchi Nano models, which are miniature virtual pets, with simplified functions, meant for people either just getting into Tamagotchi or don't have the free time for a full function v-pet. There's also the replicas of the original P1 and P2 models.
>>
>>8641029
Does much buy/selling happen on discord? Am I a fool for only being on the facebook groups when I'm holding out for a good quality >>8638042 ?
>>
>>8641034
It's good to keep your eye on multiple groups and channels. Even better to make a friend that will look out for your wishlist items.
>>
Getting a magic green in a few days. Anyway to unlock all the stuff without 2 of them? I saw this fan app called mymeets so I know I can get all the exclusive items and walls but heard there's a sport arena you need two for
>>
>>8645330
Don't think so, unfortunately. MyMeets uses bluetooth to spoof connecting to the smartphone app, and unlocking
Sports Arena unlocks after IR connecting with two other tamagotchis (I did it by resetting a mix twice when I first got it, it probably works just with two generations on the same device but I didn't want to wait). A few characters are locked behind it that you can't breed with otherwise.
It's annoying, but compared to some of the earlier devices which had evolution requirements for connecting with 6 other devices or doing 3-way connections on the Ps (which means you need 3 P's, no way around it), it seems more reasonable. I'd still much prefer they don't require any connections for unlocking things
>>
>>8645364
Damn so basically all I miss out on is the sports arena? Cause I can still breed those other creatures with the normal app or my meets? The English tamagotchi community is so small it was hard to find information on the subject so thank you for replying so quick. I haven't had a v pet since like 2005 so it'll be fun to get into regardless but I live in a rural area so between the virus and the device looking to feminine for your average redneck I doubt I'll ever be able to unlock the connection features unless I decide to buy another one or if I ever go back to college maybe
>>
File: GoingOutListMeets.jpg (3.13 MB, 4630x6123)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
>>8645384
On the Magic, that's the only important thing unlocked by connection. According to pic related, since the sanrio meets doesn't have the sports plaza it's the only one which doesn't have any connection requirements for unlocks
There's also some connection gifts that you get for reaching a different friendship levels with another tamagotchi (from connecting repeatedly), but it's just some costume accessories
From a corporate perspective, the connection features are likely for the context of schoolkids as a way to motivate friends to get a tamagotchi of their own
For adults the only realistic option is to just buy another one

I keep meaning to join the discord that's linked on tamatown.com but I haven't gotten around to it
>>
File: meets-friends-items.jpg (3.76 MB, 2429x2469)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB JPG
>>8645409
Here's the items I got from connecting, I don't know if it's even documented anywhere.
Back in the day the community would meticulously document and create charts of everything down to things like teeth brushing animations (myself included), but I guess now everyone is an adult and nobody has time for that level of attention to detail
>>
>>8645411
Top to bottom, L-R: Matching Badge, Matching Tote, Friends Ribbon, BFF Hat
>>
File: il_1140xN.2627058617_sn2c.jpg (157 KB, 1140x1140)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>8645330
There's no way natively to unlock Sports Plaza without connecting to other devices. However, you can use the Magic Hut download to unlock every location immediately. It includes some other nifty features too. Gotta buy it on Etsy though.
>>
>>8645554
>tamagotchi downloads getting sold on etsy
I don't know how to feel about this
On one hand it's a logical decision if this person had to spend the time and research to discover the flags to trigger unlocks or growth behaviours, but back in the day charging for it would have been considered obscene. Like imagine if IDMakeDL or MyMeets cost money, it would hinder creativity so much
>>
>>8645409
>>8645411
>>8645554
>>8645571
Thanks for the help fellas. As always /toy/ is one of the best boards on chan always can count on you guys for help or to appreciate my obscure robot toys lol.
>>
>>8638042
Why is this your white whale? Is it rare/expensive? There's a really beat up one at my local Hard Off that I've been considering but I honestly have way too many color tamas that I don't play anyways (also fuck the girly idol designs and fuck women)
>>
>>8645554
So this is just a zip file right? It doesn't have some weird drm or anything on it does it?
>>
>>8647008
>anniversary edition has more older characters and locations from the pre-color era that I'm nostalgic for
>traditional "do x evolve into y" gameplay instead of mix genetics like the 20th
>black and purple is one of my favorite color combos
I don't think they were sold as "limited edition" back in the day, but it's a 10 year old kids toy only sold in japan so I think it's natural for them to be pretty rare now, especially in good condition. Last I looked there were a couple listings on ebay for several hundreds but they didn't even include a photo so there's no way to tell if it's sun damaged or not. On Zenmarket I've only seen worn down ones.
I've seen a couple of the pink ones for moderate prices in facebook groups but they've either been pretty beat up or sold too quickly
>>
>>8638152
If I want to bankrupt myself, absolutely.
>>
So I ended up getting the pacman Tamagotchi anyway because it was on sale for half price in a place I ended up having to go to anyway and I have to admit I was bamboozled.
The nano still has everything an old Tamagotchi has except for discipline. It still poops and gets sick except they've been disguised as ghost chasing and screen bugs respectively, it still goes to sleep and you have to turn the light off, the only difference is that you can't choose to ignore poop or sleep because the menu is now contextual and only activates what you need when you need it. I honestly thought all that was gone. Also, don't look at your tama with polarised sunglasses if you don't want to be scared.
>>
File: Classic_wave5.jpg (271 KB, 800x450)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
Two new P1 and P2 replica shells appeared on Amazon UK last night. No US release date has been announced yet.

>>8647593
It's funny, people keep describing the Nanos as being no different from the Minis, but that isn't the case at all and gives them an undeserved bad reputation. And they only do this because it's not jam-packed with features like the new color models.
>>
>>8612554
Are these coming to the states?
>>
>>8649562
Don't know for sure. The official Japanese Twitter account posted the announcement in Japanese, Korean, and English. If this is coming stateside, it hasn't been confirmed yet.
>>
File: tmgc-ID-tree-8x.gif (8 KB, 256x256)
8 KB
8 KB GIF
>>
>>
File: sora.gif (2 KB, 260x237)
2 KB
2 KB GIF
>>8650739
>>8651141
>>
File: peepotchi.png (60 KB, 1024x1024)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>
File: pepetchi.png (501 B, 64x64)
501 B
501 B PNG
>>8652345
>>
File: peepotchi-meets-8x.png (2 KB, 328x336)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>
I like the side view better but it's not mix-compatible
unless pepe was an NPC at the park
>>
>>8633803
>>8633985
>Tamagotchi's 25th anniversary, so it's gotta be something really special
I unironically hope that this new model will at least stick with the original's artstyle/themes instead of this hyper girly shit.
>>
>>8652345
>>8653902
>>8653905
fuck off with this zoomer trash
>>
File: pepe-poopoo.png (11 KB, 512x512)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>8654115
>>
>>8654097
The girlyness has toned down recently. It peaked around the P's and 4U when the products were heavily influenced by the anime which was very much targeted at little girls who like pink frilly things. With the mix and the meets there's been a bit more variety again, I still wish there was more variety in the body shapes though
>>
>>8654445
basedchi
>>
>>8654097
Wow, sexiest much?
>>
Is there any sort of like, tamagatchi emulation or desktop program to mess with?
>>
>>8654624
it did get out of hand
>>
>>8654445
I wish I could get Pepe genes on my Meets
>>
>>8655515
A few. There's a ROM of the original P1 that runs on MAME.
https://wowroms.com/en/roms/mame/tamagotchi-usa/108517.html

There are also a handful of fan-made emulators floating around the net. Also, there were two official app ports, but those are discontinued now.
>>
>>8655688
just jack it to them
>>
File: 1788505_600.jpg (44 KB, 600x337)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>8656419
We at least got a cute milf Tama.
>>
>>8656834
Please don't sexualize the tamagotchi
>>
>>8657978
Too late for that.
>>
>>8657978
considering tamagotchi are all about breeding I'm surprised they aren't sexualised more
>>
>>8658144
It's a shame, there's some good potential (see >>8656834), but people still think Tamagotchi ended in the 90s, and the anime hasn't gotten subbed yet, so people aren't going out to watch it.
>>
>>8660634
I remember the initial season of the anime getting dubbed, I guess there wasn't enough interest to justify the cost for later seasons even though they still used the lore for Tamagotchi Friends releases

Are there really not even subs though? The tamagotchi wiki has such detailed episode summaries I assumed it must exist but I've never gone looking for it
>>
>>8660643
The first season was dubbed, but only in Australia, and the dub being garbage killed any interest in it being continued. Also, the Wiki really only has those detailed summaries thanks to a handful of people who were watching it as it aired and added screenshots and summaries. No team has taken up the task of subbing it; there's 143 episodes, 15 shorts, and 2 films. The first movie was dubbed, but it was only released on DVD in the USA with the Music Star and a low-quality rip of it is on YouTube. The second film got no dub.
>>
>>8660740
Are the raw non-subbed episodes even available anywhere?
>>
>>8660751
Actually yes, they are.
https://tamagotchianime.tumblr.com/Raws
>>
>>8660778
Thanks anon, that's a super useful page
>>
>>8593803
Why would anyone ever buy one other than the black rei slave one
>>
>>8661751
I simp for kaworu
>>
>>8661751
I collect every Tamagotchi model and color.
>>
>>8593803
i dont have this but i have the angel raising game for the wonderswan
>>
File: DST2.jpg (189 KB, 800x800)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
Figured it'd be useful to round up what we know for 2021 releases.

>January 1: Demon Slayer Tamagotchi comes to the USA. Two colors are available at GameStop, while a third is Amazon exclusive.
>January 7: 4th wave of US replica shells. Includes one P1 (Plaid) and two P2 (Stone, Tie Dye).
>January 16: Second wave of Evatchi shells release in Japan (see OP >>8593803 )
>February 11: Extellatchi releases in Japan along with the Fate/EXTELLA Celebration BOX. No word on individual sale of the model yet.
>March (date unknown): Demon Slayer Tamagotchi Hashira Gathering Version releases its first shell (Kyojuro model, red) in Japan.
>April (date unknown): Remaining DST Hashira models released in Japan.
>April (date unknown): Europe wave 4 of replica shells. Incudes aforementioned Plaid, Stone, and Tie Dye shells. Includes two shells, one P1 (Marble) and one P2 (Spring Stripes) that currently have not been announced for the USA.
>June 1: Evatchi and Demon Slayer Tamagotchi wave 2 release in the USA.
>Other/Unknown: >>8633803 still has yet to be announced or priced.
>>
>>8663436
Wonder how long it'll be until they announce the new color model? The previous EU listings were after the initial announcement so the schedule seems to already be different. It's surely meant to tie in to the 25th anniversary, but based on previous releases I would assume they would first release the standard edition of this new version before releasing an anniversary edition later in the year, closer to the actual anniversary date
Is there an established pattern for how long before release a new color model is announced?
>>
>>8597889
>no answer nearly one month later
damn...
>>
>>8663573
The only answer I can give is "the best sized one", I don't think there's a specific screwdriver but obviously if you use one which is too big or small you'll just strip the screw. Aren't those scredriver kits where you choose the best sized head pretty common? That's probably the safest way
>>
File: Gotchi_king.PNG.png (67 KB, 665x672)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
What do you think is inside the egg?
>>
>>8663991
A toy I can actually play with?
>>
File: Tamagotchi_blue.png (66 KB, 766x849)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>8663995
Like the tamagotchi character "tamagotchi"?
>>
>>8663475
>Is there an established pattern for how long before release a new color model is announced?
4U was announced in June and released in September, and Meets was announced in August and released in November. So ~3 months
>>
>>8653905
How do I get this in my tama
>>
Anyone know how to make mini games for the meets/ON? I tried asking the dude who did it but he kept saying that he didn’t want to release the info in public lol.
>>
>>8668075
mrblinky seems to keep the "bigger" things private, he's never released the tools they use to create characters for the P's either.
I remember hearing they've developed ways to add custom characters to the meets, but they're keeping it private until the meets app is defunct since it stops you from connecting to the app due to character data it doesn't recognize (marrying via mymeets already does this, it must do something invalid to the character data)

It's possible whatever tools he uses for things like characters or games are a lot of pure programming, and he can't justify the time it would take to develop a normie friendly user interface.
>>
>>8668090
I’m not a normie but a programmer as well. Dude won’t even answer questions about the 4U+ so I can translate it myself. By the end of this year I’m going to figure all of this out and release it to the community because fuck gatekeepers. Natashenka live-blogged her hacking process 10 years ago but blinky and that other dude won’t even answer 1 question. Losers.
>>
>>8668105
godspeed anon, I'm also a programmer who's wanted those sorts of tools for ages but I've got no knowledge of physical hardware stuff to be able to reverse engineer any of it myself
>>
>>8668116
if you want to team up on this drop a throwaway email or something. these goons gatekeeping has completely enraged me to the point of taking a class on hardware.
>>
>>8668143
I appreciate the offer but at the moment I don't feel like I have the time to commit to working on a long term project like that
I'll still be in these threads so if there's progress to post I'll be around, and perhaps once the initial ground work's been done there might be ways I could contribute
>>
>>8668172
okay good to know. I will be sure to keep the thread updated with my pursuits
>>
Speaking of jailbreaking and editing your tamagotchi, I was wondering if there is a community of indie creators making their own customized ooak? Also, would anyone happen to have an invite link for a tamagotchi discord group? I'm new to the hobby and I'd like to talk with other enthusiasts
>>
>>8671996
The invite link is on Tamatown.com.
Also as far as indie creation goes, all I've seen so far is people making their own foods and wallpapers for the Meets/On.
>>
>>8671996
What's an ooak?
MyMeets lets you create wallpapers, food and items (I'm assuming the items are limited to preprogrammed animation sequences and you just fill in the frames, haven't actually tried it)

IDMakeDL for ID/IDL/Ps lets you create clothing accessories in addition to wallpapers, food and items

I'm a bit surprised MyMeets doesn't have custom accessories, maybe it's because those could show up in the app and they don't want to cause issues
>>
>>8673844
>>8673869
I should have been more clear: I meant to ask if there are one of a kind digital pets being made and sold. In the doll community there are people who buy dolls and customize them to include ornate outfits and new designs. I was wondering if similar happens in the digital pet community, where people could theoretically code their own custom designed pet with unique stages, games, and whatever else. Or even 3d print custom designed shells for their digi pets.
>>
>>8675046
Oh. No, nothing like that. If you want to start it, go ahead.
>>
>>8675396
Nah, I don't have the know-how to start something that seemingly complicated. I just figured I've seen indie creators in all sorts of hobbies and I figured digital pets would have the same opportunities as well
>>
>>8675416
Possibly, but Bandai owns the patent on the Tamagotchi and Digimon layouts, so you'd need to make a different one just to get started. As for other virtual pets on the market, Giga Pets have had a resurgence, and there's also the Melbits POD, which is a kickstarted virtual pet that grows based on light and temperature.
>>
>>8675442
Interesting! Thanks for the info, regardless! I was just wondering if there are detailed digi pets to buy. I guess I'll just have to continue to pine
>>
>>8675442
What about the layout does bandai have patented? The 3-button navigation controls? Something about the menus?
>>
>>8676228
They have a patent on the three-button layout and how it operates, and a patent on the Tamagotchi shape and layout (egg shape, screen, three buttons beneath). That's why every virtual pet released by other companies have always had four or more buttons.
>>
I have never had a Tamagochi, any tips what to try first? Nandos? How do you play?
>>
File: s-l16007.jpg (361 KB, 1536x1536)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>8676702
I'd recommend running a classic Tama first. They tend to sell for pretty cheap on eBay and give a very solid overview of the general Tamagotchi experience. The licensed Nanos are nice, but aren't the full experience. Also, you should choose one with a theme you really like.

Gameplay is this: after you set the clock, a baby Tamagotchi will be born. Use the left button (A) to navigate options, the middle button (B) to select an option, and the right button (C) to cancel. If no option is selected, B will show the clock screen.

On the classic Tamagotchi and most versions since, there are four stages of life: baby, child, teen, and adult, and sometimes a secret stage if you know what to do. The baby stage is the shortest (65 minutes) but also it needs the most care. It gets a little easier to care for once it becomes a child. They go to sleep at night, so you don't have to worry about it dying in the middle of the night. How well you care for it throughout its youth determines which adult you get, and how long it lives. Once it dies, you can see what age it died and then start again with a new egg.

Nanos are a little different. They're not terribly needy, and tend to only have two growth stages. The baby often evolves 24 hours after it's born, and then you try to see how long you can keep it alive. In general, you can get the pretty healthy adults from the bare minimum interaction. So if you're a busy person and don't have time to get really invested, they're probably a good option.
>>
File: JordyTMGC_shell.jpg (60 KB, 300x300)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
The Hello Kitty Tama and the new OG replica colors finally showed up at my local Target, and my Jordy just arrived from Korea. Feeling good.
>>
Is 130 USD a fair price for a used but good condition black TMGC+C?
>>
>>8681219
A little expensive, but not exceptionally so.
>>
>>8680860
I want the Jordy tama so bad but it's too expensive for a nano...
>>
>>8682018
I got them down to 120 which is apparently how much they paid for it, but I was still hesitant and it got sold in the meantime
I'm not too disappointed since plus shipping it was more than I was really prepared to impulse spend. I don't like buying new things when the last thing I bought hasn't arrived yet, have to keep some self restraint

I'd really prefer a new one but I don't know how realistic that is in the current year
>>
>>8682279
I got mine and its case for $65 before shipping, but that was the day the preorders opened up. The price has skyrocketed since then.
>>
>>8596099
Who? Was she in Evangelion?
>>
>>8683279
Only in the rebuild movies
>>
https://twitter.com/TMGC_net/status/1347363936534843394
Bandai Japan is doing a giveaway for the three new Evatchi shells on Twitter.
>>
>>8593803
>Get Angel Tamagotchi
>It's just a floating diamond with an AT field.
>Poke the feed / play / clean buttons, but it just shoots them.
>>
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1347794782047842306
Entertainment Earth has the new Evatchi shells up for preorder. They come out in six days in Japan.
>>
>>8687882
Does this mean they might be on Amazon US soon?
>>
>>8688363
Maybe. Regardless, I already have mine preordered from JYW.
>>
File: ErZjTtVXcAAVQtI-orig.jpg (626 KB, 2048x2048)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
>>
>>8693623
>batteries last for a few years

what a amazing toy
>>
>>8693686
I've got a tamawalkie which I don't think I've ever replaced the battery of, and it still turns on
The fact the screen turns off must make a huge difference for power consumption
>>
https://twitter.com/Tamagotchi_US/status/1349438092374061064
Two new P1 and P2 shells announced. Will be on Amazon for preorder.
>>
>>8696312
Are those new? I recall seeing them before
unless I just saw an initial announcement and they haven't actually released yet
>>
>>8699386
They were leaked on Amazon UK about a month back but weren't officially announced in any capacity. The preorders go live on Monday.
>>
what is the best “classic style” tama? i love the original uniquely designed characters from tama gen 1 and 2 but dont care for the breeding with feature mixing of newer ones, that removes a large amount of uniqueness. or the over cutesy nature of newer ones. I am thinking a tama with gen 1 and 2 style characters but upgraded the most before they stopped using those unique and simple characters. probably a mid 2000s tama ? also looking for one that isn’t egregiously expensive on ebay haha.
>>
>>8699853
All of the 2000s era tamas ("Tamagotchi Connection" branded) have breeding, but they don't do genetic mixing. You still raise premade characters based on care quality. The color models did this up until the 4U+, but those are well after the cutesy phase so I'll ignore those

If you can handle some extra gameplay features that weren't on the P1/P2s, the V4 or 4.5 is probably the peak of the "classic" tamagotchis of the mid 00s

V1 is the simplest, so is the most "classic" in the sense that it's mostly just an update of the 90s ones
V2 has more characters, and introduces money that you can buy items with (food to eat and items that are mostly just short animations with your character)
V3 has different characters and added PC interactivity with a now long-dead flash site
V4 has different characters and added school and jobs (extra minigames and ways to earn money). I think it's the first one where adult evolutions have explicit requirements and don't involve randomness.
V4.5 is a V4 with characters from the uratama instead of the entama

V5 and 6 change the gameplay enough to not really be "classic style" imo, same goes for the ones released after that.

Pic related is the suggested "normal" prices according to the discord (left column is new and right is used), but I can't vouch for how common these prices are in reality.
>>
File: hut.jpg (71 KB, 570x570)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Does someone here have Magic Hut for the Meets? Can you upload it please?
>>
https://twitter.com/Tamagotchi_US/status/1350553600116850690

The three new Evatchi shells have been announced for the USA.
>>
File: 20210116_165653~2.jpg (1.5 MB, 3024x1889)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
Anyone know where I can find broken vpets or replacement shells? Also whats the cheapest place to import the x series ones?
>>
Bump
>>
>>8703450
>Anyone know where I can find broken vpets or replacement shells?
Probably random ebay listings or thrift stores is the best bet for broken ones. I don't think replacement shells ever became a thing that people go to the effort of producing and selling
>>
>>8703450
You should check Mercari, you can sometimes find junk Tamas being sold for parts. JapanYouWant also sells junks sometimes, but only through their eBay account.
>>
File: 0119210106-1.jpg (771 KB, 2478x2017)
771 KB
771 KB JPG
>>8699918
Not that anon, but my sister recently gave me permission to start clearing out our collective childhood junk from our parents' basement and I found this batch of Tamagotchi Connection devices. Is there any database of colors or some way to tell what versions they are without having to power them on and see?
>>
>>8708992
http://www.tamashell.com/
Top 3 are all V1
Bottom row are V2, V3, V4 from left to right
>>
>>8708992
The Wiki and TamaShell are good resources.
But I have these memorized. From left to right, top to bottom:
V1, V2, V1
V2, V3, V4
>>
>>8709203
>top middle is V2
Are you sure? Tamashell has that one listed as a V1
>>
>>8709219
I know because I own it. That one is a USA wave 1 V2 shell. The V1 and V2 are very easy to get confused since they have identical builds, and TamaShell hasn't been updated in a long time.
>>
right so basically it should be possible using mymeets to transfer custom tama designs into a mix/on – there are examples of artists doing this with pages on instagram however they have monetised their designs and therefore keep the secret of how to do it close to their chests.
this indicates that the process is likely very simple, once the method is known anyone would be able to do it, so they want to keep their monopoly on the easy cash method they've discovered.
all the data for the existing official tama designs is contained in the files for mymeets, it's just a case of making your designs gene mix compatible then figuring out the file save format for mymeets to be able to read them.
anybody got any leads on this process at all?
>>
>>8701654
https://files.catbox.moe/zxb4e2.zip
>>
>>8713173
As in custom characters? On the mix or just the on? The mix doesn't even have IR files that can be sent, at least not publicly
I think the best place to start would be going through the code of mymeets, if there's any way to deconstruct it. Figure out what data is actually transmitted, something like that.
>>
>>8714041
>deconstruct
I mean decompile, to ideally expose the code
>>
>>8714041
yeah i'm talking about both the mix and the on – from what i understand custom characters can be transferred to both - this is bandai japan do events introducing new characters you can marry your tama with - in theory it should be possible to apply the same process to your own custom characters using the framework available with mymeets
>>
>>8714977
In japan they have those Mix/meets stations at stores like bic camera, so transferring custom content to mix devices via IR has to be possible, so it's weird to me that there's never been any custom content released for mix devices
I just did a little research and found this
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJQlKDHBon5/?hl=en
>it seems Bandai doesn't want us to use phones and USB dongles anymore so they changed the initial connection speed to a higher speed to break IrDA support.
>Normally IrDA devices connect at a speed of 9600 bps and negotiate a higher speed (115200 bps for tamagotchi's) But the Tamagotchi mix starts also the connection with the higher speed of 115200 bps.
Since that was 4 years ago I take it nobody's ever bothered to develop a workaround, so I think user created files for the mix is a dead end. But for the Meets it's definitely doable, I think decompiling MyMeets would be a good place to start

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.