[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: VID_20201121_164643.webm (2.05 MB, 1080x1920)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB WEBM
I don't care how nice the figures are otherwise, this shit is utterly unacceptable. Also the torso movement sucks.
>>
>>8577981
Cut your nails.
>>
What a disgrace that Halo has resorted to fucking Jazwares and some Pokemon company babby toy manufacturer. The fact that there STILL isn't a single high end good Halo figure is astonishing. The 3A shit was pure trash and we'll never get something like a Hot Toys license
>>
>>8578052
No.
>>
>>8578061
Idk what you're talking about, Jazwares makes quality figures. The 6.5in figures have issues for sure, but the 4in ones are great.
>>
File: marines.png (711 KB, 1220x559)
711 KB
711 KB PNG
>Another multipack with Chief

I don't understand why they keep throwing him in there. He's the only figure besides the Pilot that's absolutely useless for army building. Why not just include literally any other random spartan? It makes a good starter pack I guess. Anyone who still hasn't gotten any of the figures should probably snag it while they can.

Also, I just realized that the single marine figure is different from the one that comes in the 2-pack with the grunt. I might have to pick him up now.
>>
>>8578394
>It makes a good starter pack
You got it. Every release is someone's first, and what's a Halo line without Chief.
>>
>>8578061
>The fact that there STILL isn't a single high end good Halo figure
1000toys
>>
>>8578394
At least have different numbers or no numbers so you could say it’s a different Spartan.
>>
File: 1557184740688.gif (1.51 MB, 250x250)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB GIF
>>8577981
God damn, I thought it had a spring-loaded punching action feature.
>>
>>8577981
plenty of my McFarlane Halo figures have that problem at the same joint
>>
>>8578405
It's not a big deal with this one since you can get the marines separately if you already have Chief, but it's kind of annoying with stuff like the mongoose where you don't have any other option.
>>
>>8578438
then remove the numbers with acetone or something
>>
>>8577981
I've been messing around with mine, it's like the mid torso was designed to be alot thinner/softer plastic. My arms aren't like yours though.
>>
>>8578639
That's got to be the worst barbell joint system for a chest, ever.
>>
File: Best_Master_Chief.jpg (225 KB, 720x1080)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>8578061
>The fact that there STILL isn't a single high end good Halo figure is astonishing
But there is though. Was it too expensive for you anon?
>>
>>8578418
>>8578659
>Le Not-Chief man.

Yeah yeah, functionally great, visually AIDS. Most of us want the best of both worlds though.
>>
>>8578505
>A wild ReTodd appears
>>
File: 1367507601238.jpg (799 KB, 800x1337)
799 KB
799 KB JPG
>>8578061
Only the ThreeA Chief sucked, it was their first Halo figure and there were a number of "growing pains" issues. The rest got better and better with time, I'm really bummed they never finished Noble Team.
>>
>>8578664
You're replying to two different anons. Visual aesthetic is subjective. Personally, I think it looks better than any other MC figure that's been released.
The PAK was ok, but I hate the paintjob and it has a tiny torso. Also scale.
The McFarlane looks not too bad, but looks 'sticky' and the actual figures are bad.
The Jazzwares look like cheap children's toys. Cheap plasic, no shading. They look like $20 toys.
The 1000Toys though? Looks sleek and like a man in a suit ready to kill something. Plus, it's just a great figure to hold, play with and has amazing articulation.
>>
>>8577981
I really wanna like this figure, too, if only because he looks pretty great with the chrome visor and all. QC and weird choices in the figure design really let it down (why do the 4 inch figures have up down wrists, but the 6 inch have side to side? what's up with the ab articulation, what was that even trying to be? why are the weapons undersized/oversized in both lines?)
>>
>>8578712
I had the PAK Mk.V. It was actually pretty nice, it was the first really stylized Chief figure I can recall. Really action hero-y proportions, nice looking candy paintjob, and pretty good articulation, though the joints ratcheted too hard for my taste. The real downside was that after a while, the red one developed the "pink panties" fading issue that plagued early Hot Toys Iron Men.
>>
>>8578758
Rent free
>>
Ok so I hollowed out the torso piece and now its flexible enough to get use of the joint.
>>
>>8578780
While still not ideal, its slot better then how it was.
>>
File: weird joint broken.png (3.91 MB, 2098x1186)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB PNG
So I got the 6.5 inch Chief and he came in the mail today - problem is his arm was broken in the package. I didn't realize it until taking him out, and with a little movement it snapped off the "joint" (which was really not a joint at all; while on the remaining arm it worked, the broken joint was totally sealed immovable). Is this normal? The joint can't even go in the way the packaging intends for it to. I'm not used to Amazon refunds, and this is my first toy from the line so I'm not sure if this issue was just for mine or across the line. Please help me.
>>
>>8578780
>>8578786
Got pics of what it looks like on the inside? That's definitely an improvement.
>>
>>8578797
That sucks, I'm not sure about amazon returns but im sure it wound't be a problem, just tell them what you said here. That it was broken in the package. My Chiefs left arm was stuck, i had to use a hairdryer to fix it, soft plastic mushroom peg into a soft plastic hole. what were they thinking.
>>
>>8578767
Do you think about NECA before you fall asleep? In the shower? When you're taking a shit?
>>
>>8578802
Kats torso for comparison
>>
>>8578818
Its messy, but none of it shows
>>
>>8578818
>>8578820
Oh wow, I figured the little channel in the middle was important for keeping everything in line.
>>
>>8578844
The waistpiece has a lip, so it keeps it from just shifting everywhere
>>
>>8578712
Sure, how much you like how it looks is subjective. It's still *objectively* inaccurate in many ways. I think the silhouette isn't the least bit intimidating and I can't understand how you'd complain about the PAK having a "tiny" torso and then give the stomach/waist on this thing a pass.

If he sucked his gut in any harder, he'd collapse into a singularity.
>>
>>8578512
Only Chief is allowed to wear that color.
>>
>>8579049
learn how to paint retard
>>
File: Gold_Elite.jpg (1.14 MB, 1400x1435)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>8578394
So are we going to start seeing repacks before we get any figures we haven't seen? That's not too bad with the right combination of characters.

On a different note, with this line being pretty successful, we could see a lot cooler stuff at toyfair.
>>
>>8578743
Oh, that fading issue sucks anon.
I'm not a fan of PAK for a few reasons. I don't like the plastic they use on some figures, the ratcheting joints and the scale is wrong for me.
But some of the designs are superb and they're the only company that made a Briareos Hecantocheres from Appleseed.
>>
>>8578797
Aw shit anon, that completely sucks. Fuck McFarlane's QC.
>>
>>8579243
Jazwares actually
>>
>>8578941
>it's inaccurate
It was always meant to be, it was even released under the RE:Edit label. This is not a legitimate complaint about the figure.
I don't remember seeing a single person complaining about Sentinel's Iron Man and Spidey RE:Edit lines "not being accurate" and trying to pass this off as a legitimate criticism.

Also, yes, the Best Chief's waist is small, but the torso is in proportion. Not the same thing.
>>
>>8579251
Fuck Jazzwares' QC
>>
>>8579243
>>8579251
>>8579254
It's actually Wicked Cool Toys. Jazwares is their parent company.
>>
>>8578394
As someone who only played the game socially at parties until 2008 and has only read the books, it's very easy for me to NOT EVEN pretend all chiefs are just generic space marines.

I don't remember any of the books saying that each Spartan wore their own individual favorite colors.
>>
File: raynor neca.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>8578712
you're being dumb and might be autistic, because you don't understand that people like designs to be very specific.

There's a reason why people have been clamoring for Warhammer 40k Space Marines toys for decades, despite the fact that there's been quite a few generic space marine toys released in the past 30 years.

And there's been dozens of Halo knockoffs, where Haloguy himself looks like a knockoff space marine in light armor.

There's so many armored troopers out there that you can pretend that they're any of these generic armored space troopers because they're just as close looking to them as taht 1000toys figure.... for Halo, anyway.
>>
>>8579292
Fuck Wicked Cool Toys' QC.

I stand by my other statements.
>>
>>8579308
>you don't understand that SOME people like designs to be very specific
Fix'd that for you.

Some people might say that wanting very specific designs is autistic.

Also, your comparison does not hold up. Best Mast Chief looks close enough to the actual design to pass for the non-autistic, especially since MC has gone through several different iterations.

Also, you're being dumb because no other MC figure comes even remotely close to the level of quality of Best MC.
>>
File: megabloks probuilder.jpg (375 KB, 1500x1188)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
>>8579388
>99% of the first world is autistic
you're like those parents who get mad at their children for not accepting they cheap knockoff toy they bought at the corner drug store, because they didn't want to go across town to buy the real thing.
>b-b-b-b-but its close enough to actual design!
you don't get it, MOM! Imma throw out your designer bags the next time you do this to meeeeeeeeeeee!

But seriously, people like the things that they buy to look like the actual thing. Even LEGO fans shit on the poorly designed Star Wars vehicles sets despite them being so abstract.
>>
>>8578418
No, he was right
>>
>>8579252
>legitimate criticism
It's perfectly legitimate if game accuracy is among one's criteria for a "good high-end Halo figure" (>>8578659).
>>
>>8579460
>you're like those parents who get mad at their children for not accepting they cheap knockoff toy they bought at the corner drug store, because they didn't want to go across town to buy the real thing.
Bruh, the asthetics of the figure are entirely subjective. You may want something to be accurate to the source material but I may not. Not everyone has to have the same tastes as you.

>But seriously, people like the things that they buy to look like the actual thing.
Not everyone does. I happen to like stylized things if the asthetics work with the character. Just because YOU want something one way doesn't mean everyone does too. The anon you were talking to clearly enjoys the asthetics. See how people have different opinions? Why are you trying to be so authoritarian on something so entirely subjective?
>>
File: 1593298861721.png (636 KB, 865x894)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
>>8579252
>It's supposed to be stylized!
Ok

>That's not a legitimate complaint!

Yeah it fucking is. People bitch about PAK stylization all the time and this one is even more aggressive about it.

The 1000toys stylization sucks ass.
>>
File: retaliation trooper.jpg (7 KB, 278x181)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>8579546
just saying, it's not austist for 99% of fans to want the toy to look like what the subject is about and how you might be autistic for not understanding why 99% of fans want the toy to look like it should

Some guy wants to pretend no one likes the 1000toys version because of its price, but thats shitposter logic, especially when it looks like any halo wannabe or even the knockoffs that halo is knocking off.
Shit's a dime a dozen, but people want those very specific designs and not the others.
>>
>>8577981
Is this Jazwares?
>>
>>8578361
Unless you are a woman or a fag there is no reason to have your fingers look like that.
>>
>>8580035
Took the video during a 3-day off break from work, so I literally don't care. Bit them off today before work.

>>8580038
Yeah or WCT to be specific, but same shit basically.
>>
>>8580041
There are so many things wrong with every thing you just posted at I'm going to go away now
>>
>>8579460
Good bait, but you missed my point by hammering on yours.
Also, I was one of those kids, so I know you missed my point.
>>
>>8579568
>The 1000toys stylization sucks ass in my opinion.
Fix'd that for you. You're welcome anon.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (159 KB, 480x320)
159 KB
159 KB GIF
>>8580239
>The 1000toys stylization sucks ass in my opinion.
>Fix'd that for you. You're welcome anon in my opinion.

Just passing on the favor anon.
>>
>>8579806
>it's not austist for 99%
>99%
The other anon posted 90%. Where are you getting these statistics from anon?
Did you hire an independent consulting company to do a thorough survey of all Halo fans who are also toy collectors to get the most accurate possible statistical analysis to back up your claims?

Or did you just read what the other three anons in Halo general have been bitching about and suddenly think that that must be the majority opinion?
You're wrong based on the fact that the 1000Toys Halo Master Chief sold so damn well. It was in high demand even after the original pre-orders were sold out; to the point where people were asking on boards where they could get one. Everywhere sold out. Shit, I had to get mine from an obscure Canadian retailer because I couldn't find it anywhere else.
Not one single - serious - figure reviewer complained about the inaccuracy of the likeness to the heavy-poly design of the first Halo.

Also, did you have a problem with the Anniversary edition of Combat Evolved, because, in case you didn't notice, THEY CHANGED HIS DESIGN from the first release! Gasp!
>>
>>8580263
Geez shill harder man.

Also BBTS, Hobbysearch and Amiami all still have it, so I don't know why you are trying to convince us it sold like dynamite.
>>
I see Subjectanon is in full ReTodd mode again.
>>
>>8579292
Fuck Macfarlane's QC too.
>>
>>8580263
>1000Toys Halo Master Chief sold so damn well. It was in high demand even after the original pre-orders were sold out
AmiAmi, max per household = 6
BBTS, both grades have the max 24 units available
Sold well huh?

>>8580263
>Not one single - serious - figure reviewer complained about the inaccuracy of the likeness to the heavy-poly design of the first Halo.
That can't be true. What delusion pills are you taking?

This is my first post here, but I couldn't help it. Day one when the toy was revealed the main "issue" was the original refinement of design. That is all personal taste of course, but was considered to be the negative rather than a positive.

My main reason for not getting it, the wrist joints/tiny ball pegs. They looked problematic and seem to be problematic. Harder to fix too, maybe. Pretty huge oversight for Sentinel team. That's why I went for the cheaper, low quality American toy that still looked game accurate. It's good enough.

>>8577981
Mine had similar problem but fixed it by thickening the peg with superglue.
>>
>>8580427
To clarify I mean the refinement design wasn't that good looking on top of being different.
>>
File: 1544237053305.jpg (120 KB, 1016x1024)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
So how good are the Jazwares figures? Those are the smaller ones, yeah?
>>
>>8580427
How difficult is it to pop the arm and butterfly out?
>>
>>8580469
Haha funny you ask, mine kept falling off it was that loose.

If made properly it might be difficult. All hard plastic and the shape of the socket is meant to hold peg in once inserted.
>>
>>8580457
The 6.5in ones (OP image) and 4in ones are both Jazwares. The 4in ones are really nice imo.
>>
>>8577981
>karate chop action
Nice.
>>
>>8578797
Mine has the same problem but didn't break, it just had the right arm shaving off. I left it in the box until I can find a replacement that's in better shape.
Here's hoping they release another wave of these with better QC, I really do love the look of these figures, but it doesn't do much for me in a box.
>>
>>8579302
this, stencil/decal on a different 3-digit number and you have another spartan II
i get that having custom armor for multiplayer is fun (competitive vanity ruining video games aside) but that whole "all named characters get special snowflake armor" shit 343 pulled is just awful
>>
Do the big chief guy's feel sturdy enough to customize into a Fallout power armor?
>>
Saw the whole line tonight at Walmart and bought chief. I love him. How are the other figures? Considering going at the open to snag the rest.
>>
>>8580457
I don't have any of the 6 inch ones but I fuckin LOVE the 4 inch ones
>>
File: 1200px-HRUNTING_YGGDRASIL.png (877 KB, 1200x1737)
877 KB
877 KB PNG
NEVER EVER
>>
File: halo by mattel.jpg (1.78 MB, 2250x3000)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>8580263
>Where are you getting these statistics from anon?
My ass, but my ass sits firmly on the fact that people like for their shit to look like what it's from. Again, it's akin to people needing to buy brand name to a fault that they look out for signs of buying bootlegs that can be just as good as the real thing.
People simply like the real deal and not anything else.

Nevermind that the vast majority of the products that are sold are based on the real thing vs niche lines like the 1000toys or PAK versions. Literally millions of units sold vs mid-10ks.
Shit, even Mattel's line, which was so shitty, probably got a million units sold just because every major retailer carried it and it was still deemed a failure.
>>
>>8578061
I think there's been plenty of solid merch. But nothing has really surpassed the Joyride and mega bloks figures for me.
>>
>>8581705
Hahahaha, ok anon, you win, enjoy your cheap-shit , break-out-of-the packaging burger toys.

They sell millions of units because Americans buy cheap-shit toys to customise; kids buy them (because no parent in their right mind buys their kids $100+ Japanese figures); you have to buy doubles because the first one breaks and because, well, they're cheap. In every sense.

Even if you can't do anything with them without heavily customising them and buying a second one in case the first breaks, but hey, at least they're accurate! Well, er, mostly.
>>
>>8581851
Wow, I'm so glad some one set us all straight. Just like the single guy in the star wars thread, just bitching like a stuck pig.
>>
Got mc, red and white Spartans. The white Spartan is probably the worst of them all. Broke his left hand trigger trying to pull it out. It was like if someone glued it in. His arms keep popping out every time I try to rotate it. Also his gun storage pegs are all glued on and it’s a bitch to pop them out. The other 2 are all great though
>>
File: 20201123_105516.jpg (2.15 MB, 4032x1908)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
Is there any news about the world of halo stuff? I'm really news hungry for this line and I wanna get hyped for new releases
>>
>>8580457
the 4" figures get the job done fairly well and checks off all the boxes, and are just tons of fun overall. The 6.5"s leave a lot to be desired, mainly due to QC problems such as windmill arms, and also just really weird and kind of shitty articulation design choices, which have caused the slew of QC problems. They look great tho
>>
>>8581427
you lucky bastard, scalpers cleaned out every store in my area carrying the figures, except for one store literally right next to me thats carrying halo figures for the first ever, and no one knows about bc the shelves are basically still full. unfortunately haven't carried any of the 6.5s yet and all i need is the chief rip. anywho, all of the 4" are really fun and get the job done in every aspect, 6.5s have good amount of qc problems and weird articulation design.
>>
>>8582009
yo that blue/white mkvii is so fucking sick. good job man. and no new news yet. banished ghost w/ elite warlord and mongoose w/ chief started hitting shelves a couple of weeks ago but thats about it. no other new figures. I got the banished ghost set, and while the banished ghost is built fairly cheap and feels super hollow, it still doesnt look bad, which is more than enough for what is essentially a $10 figure. I really like the elite warlord, such a cool design.
>>
>>8582009
Damn i might just bite the bullet and buy the brute chieftan/chief two pack, was holding off for a single release of the chieftan bc i dont want yet another chief but the figure looks so cool lol. also i just want to complete the line.
>>
after weeks of stalking websites and hunting a bunch of my local walmarts/targets, ive decided to just give up finding the chief in person and I just preordered him on gamestop. will ship next week, but god damn 5.99 shipping is so fucking bullshit. If i can find him in stores before the fucker ships out im definitely canceling my order.
>>
>>8582033
Can't you get it shipped to the store for pickup?
>>
>>8582025
is the gold elite better than the crappy robot arm one in that two pack?
>>
>>8582009
Those custom Mark VIIs look nice, and I'm assuming the marines are custom too?
>>8582053
Way better, he's got an entirely different build. Hip joints are a little loose on mine though. Not swivelly like the OP, but they could use more friction considering the weight they carry.
>>
>>8582051
no there was only the option to have it shipped to my home unfortunately.
>>
>>8582053
basically what >>8582068 said. Much cooler design and better articulation/range of motion. My hips are also a little loose, but i can still definitely work with them. Just wish they would redesign the neck joint tho, bc its the same as with the other elite, and you basically can't turn the head to the left or right without it popping off.
>>
>>8582033
Enjoy the floppy arms, I'm 2 for 2 on that now. Might just call this line quits unless they fix it.
>>
>>8581705
People shit on these but they were still better than the McFarlane trash. Actual serviceable articulation, interesting armour gimmick and not ruined by excessive chalky paint. Not perfect of course but unless a Japanese company does a full Halo line we aren't getting perfect Halo toys.
>>
>>8582082
my red mark VII had that problem too but i was able to fix it fairly easily and p quick w a little bit of tape lol.
>>
>>8582099
That's right Ahmed.
>>
File: 20201123_115032.jpg (2.21 MB, 4032x1908)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>8582068
Only the mk7 is really customized, the other is just panel lined with a gundam marker, and not even all the way lol.
The left marine is just all the bits off a black series lando figure. Had to thin the neck some for the head but it looks fine. The right marine is slightly more complicated, I used a Dremel to hollow out the left marines left over helmet. Then discovered a black series lukes head a separate hairpiece, pulled it off and the helmet fit perfectly on it. The chief in the back here is also panel lined. If you have a gundam panel lining marker fine tip black, id recommend doing it to the spartans so nice looking. I leave the white unfinished partially cause lazy and also as a good example of the stark difference
>>
>>8582104
How are people removing the arms to get to the peg? Just yank em out or what?
>>
>>8582136
I'm pretty impressed with how well those star wars heads work. And the panel lining really makes the details pop on the otherwise bland looking armor. I don't have a gundam marker but I might try it with this brush pen that I have, since it worked pretty well for touching up the nose on Chief's helmet.
>>
File: 20201116_162548.jpg (2.38 MB, 4032x1908)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>8582188
If you can find some newer 3.75 starwars toys for cheap and wanna rip their heads off id highly recommend using the heads for these marines if you wanna customize them, some of the more popular characters might look a bit weird like, why is anakin Skywalker in the UNSC? Thats weird! WCT or jazzwares or whoever has done an excellent job having these figures be in "1/18th" scale
>>
>>8582176
soak them in hot water first
>>
>>8582176
mine were loose enough that i was able to pull them off without much force. After putting some tape on the peg they are in the socket pretty well now and the looseness is completely gone. If your arms don't pop off easily then i wouldnt recommend forcing them bc then you might break the peg, definitely soak in hot water then.
>>
>>8582091
Everytime someone praises anything Mattel, i can't help but think they're just inane Hot Wheels, Barbie, or He Man fanboys, because even Mattel employees hate how Mattel makes toys.
>>
File: 1605814048511.jpg (1.6 MB, 2424x3163)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
Reminder not to hide shit
>>
Mmmm, torso range
>>
>>8584044
What if we hide shit but leave a marker pointing it out to anons like secret vampire clubs.
>>
>>8584044
Imagine being so poor that you can't afford a $20 impulse buy at walsharts, so you hide it like an autistic manchild.
>>
>>8584048
That's honestly not impressive.
>>
>>8583957
Most of Mattel's stuff is pretty bad but the Halo stuff actually looked alright. Better than the McFarlane crap anyway, not that that's a high bar to clear.
>>
>>8584804
fuck kind of brain damage do you have to think the mattel figures were better than mcfarlane in any way?
>>
File: mattel $10 budget toy.jpg (1.25 MB, 2250x3000)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>8584804
>cheapshit plastic look
>barely any paint
>wobbly armor that impedes articulation despite being wobbly
>armor gets in the way of holding guns
>chinese bootleg looking plastic
>non-scale
>awful proportions thanks to removable armor
>cheap glossy plastic
>actually looked alright
maybe if you only buy Mattel products and can only compare it to Mattel's other chintzy shit.

I'm glad Mattel no longer has access to any license i like.
>>
>>8584892
>>8584895
The articulation is infinitely better and they aren't coated from head to toe in inch-thick, sloppily applied lumpy paint. That alone puts them head and shoulders above McFarlane's shitty efforts. They aren't great, but McFarlane is literally bottom of the barrel.
I will agree they could do with a bit more paint but that's easy enough to do yourself. Good luck making the Maccy F's figures anything more than lumpy bricks.
>>
>>8584946
>infintitely better
>lumpy paint
sounds like you're just trolling for replies, because this isn't true for any of the lines you're talking about

you should stick with your hot wheels, barbie, and monster high dolls while you can, because Mattel isn't going to be around much longer considering even these brands aren't keeping Mattel afloat
>>
>>8585063
I don't even think the Mattel Halo line is good. Just that it's better than the McFarlane junk. Unless a Japanese line invests fully in Halo, there won't be a good line for the series. Sorry you have to act like a ReTodd because your favourite company did a shit job, Subjectanon.
>>
>>8585243
>I'm just a troll and everything i say is to try and get back at someone who butthurt me on the internet
you should have just said so earlier
>>
>>8585269
What do you get out of defending subjectanon's honor?
>>
>>8585243
you dont even like the joyrides lmao?
>>
>>8585285
They're pretty old and outdated now. They looked slightly better than McF's but not by a lot.
>>8585269
OK Subjectanon, sorry you're still mad that Todd got BTFO by Mattel of all companies.
>>
>>8585296
theyre probably gonna charge double the price lol
>>
More range
>>
>>8585440
El torso rangeo
>>
>>8585440
>>8585448
Saklaw ng torso
>>
File: 20201124_153409.jpg (3.93 MB, 5312x2988)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB JPG
boys
>>
>>8585483
*takes a sip of your beverage*
>>
File: 20201110_225230.jpg (2.94 MB, 5312x2988)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>8585494

i only put it there for scale

got this bundle for like 100

i think my collection is coming along nicely. theres more stuff in a cupboard yet to go on the shelf that has space. then i need to cut some more custom shelving and put it up.

i only buy figures i like the look of. I also have all disc based and print halo media, except halo 5 and initiation/escalation which are all terrible, and a few of the books that offend me.
>>
>>8579568
Crazy how they can make it look too fucking thin and too fucking bulky at the same time.
>>
>>8585596
The gaps in the shoulders make him seem hollow, also the starvin-marvin waistline.
>>
>>8585540
Damn I need some more joyrides lol. That gold zealot is peak soul. Did u make that magnum urself?
>>
File: 20200928_004627.jpg (2.04 MB, 4340x2988)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
>>8585626

i didnt make it, but its a one of a kind piece
>>
>>8578712
>You're replying to two different anons. Visual aesthetic is subjective.
No it's not, "art is subjective" is something pushed by retards looking touse art to launder money, there is a threshold to be hit for any piece of art before it can be considered good, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU WANT SOMETHING GAME ACCURATE.

You sentinel shills really ought to fuck off.
>>
>>8585676
>NOOOO STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>8578418
>>8578659
Not with those proportions.
>>
>>8585676
You seem like you have a small brain
>>
>>8585669
from where?
>>
>>8585540
this is an incredible collection. I admire your dedication
>>
>>8585540
You have the airsoft assault rifle replica?
>>
>>8577981
Does this happen to all versions of this figure?
>>
>>8586322

i bought it second hand, so i have no idea where it came from. Ive seen 3d printed magnum models before, but never anything near this quality. It looks like it was printed then sanded and painstakingly painted with metallic paints. even the grip is accurately textured somehow and idk how they did that. it basically looks real. even the magazine comes out and has accurately painted replica 50 cal ammo in it.

i compared it to in game models of the H3 pistol and its more or less 100% accurate in scale and mold. as far as i know as a custom piece, its the only one in existence that is this good. Im really pleased that its in 1:1 scale with the jazman plasma pistol.

>>8586417

thanks bud, got more stuff to put up later so i might take more pix

>>8586867

nope
>>
Bought a Play Arts Kai and now I realize its kind of lonely. Does anyone make an Elite in the same scale?
>>
>>8585969
What are you talking about? The proportions are fine.
>>
>>8585676
I'm sorry about whatever accident it was that damaged your brain anon, I really am. Perhaps you can get some help to put you more in touch with reality.
>>
>>8582082
I haven't found any of the 6.5" line yet but I saw people on other boards saying that if you flip the direction each shoulder faces (just rotate 180 degrees and then flip the arm around. No disassembling or anything), the resistance from the way it's shaped will hold the arms much sturdier and they won't flop around.
>>
>>8586973
You realise how big that Elite would have to be?
>>
>>8587426
I want an elite as big as me who can be my friend
>>
>>8586925
Damn that magnum sounds so cool. I have a 3d printer so i was thinking about printing out a magnum as well. I have some friends who are really into model painting so i can probably commission them to paint my magnum. Also have some gun friends who might be able to help me out stipple the grip. Maybe a project for the summer.
>>
>>8587170
works with some figures fairly well. on my 6.5 mark 7, flipping around the arm fixed the right one, but the left arm was still super loose. popped it off and put a thin piece of tape over the peg and fixed it right up.
>>
>>8588212
this
>>
File: 20201125_162044.jpg (2.36 MB, 4032x1860)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
love these dudes
>>
>>8588377
fucks sake
>>
>>8585454
Ano?
>>
>>8588379
I was really hoping the banished ghost would look like it did in halo wars 2. That just looks like a regular red ghost.
>>
>>8588708
It's a pretty boring and lazy design honestly. I'm considering painting it like a normal ghost, but then I'd have to sand off the banished bits. Plus they'll probably release a normal ghost eventually.
>>
>>8588379
Man I need to find some grunts.
How is the orange Elite? I found the black one lackluster
>>
>>8589236
like him a lot more. super cool design and he has better articulation in his hips and in his not-robot-arm lmao. I recommend you get some grunts in the 2-pack that comes with a marine, or a 3-pack thats coming out soon that includes two grunts and the orange elite warlord i was talking about.
>>
>>8589236
Quite a bit better, see >>8582068
>>
>>8589966
forgot pic
>>
>>8589236
Also I definitely recommend the 2 pack with the marine and grunt. Grunt has really good articulation
>>
Idk if everyone knew this already but the ghost can extend to accommodate different drivers. Probably part of the reason it's so hollow
>>
>>8589998
both the jazwares grunt and jackal easily have both the best articulation and posability out of any of their other iterations in the past.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (702 KB, 739x491)
702 KB
702 KB PNG
I grabbed this set.

Anyone have any tips for making them look less shiny? I was thinking Tamiya flat would work.
>>
>>8591642
Yeah, Tamiya Flat is some of the best topcoat in the game, that'll definitely do wonders for them. Post pics after you spray em.
>>
Anyone know when Jazwares will restock the Halo figures in retail? Ordered from GameStop and the shit got delayed again.
>>
>>8592406
My local target got restocked and had a full set a few days ago
>>
>>8577981

Amazing that the Joyride figures came out 20 years ago and are vastly superior to every other line.

>perfect sculpt
>perfect level of paint detailing
>more than acceptable articulation (unless you're a yamaguchi fag and love all your shit to look like cut up statues)
>great size and weight, doesn't feel like a gummy kitschy toddler toy
>durable, won't snap like cheap Nissan garbage like PAK
>>
Gamestop pushed back my Chief to 12/7. Fags
>>
>>8592406
Jazwares doesn't really really do restocking, it's mostly handled by distributors and most distribution centers take about a week or two.
With Gamestop, do they even have a distribution warehouse? IF they have to rely on Jazwares, it could be once a month.
>>
>>8592603
>more than acceptable articulation (unless you're a yamaguchi fag and love all your shit to look like cut up statues)
Steady on there Subjectanon. Some people like figures that can actually pull an interesting pose.
>>
>>8592703
>anyone who notices how ugly yamaguchi's engineering is is subjectanon
swing and miss, shitposter.
>>
>>8592709
Nice try. But even assuming you're not Subjectanon, which I highly doubt, that's some utterly trash taste you have there.
>>
>>8592715
actually, i am. I just noticed you claiming someone is me and wanted to rub your nose in how bad you are at guessing and the fact you think everyone else agrees with you.

There's a reason why no one really talks positively about revoltechs outside of the circlejerk general and most post that are brought up about them elsewhere are usually left alone.
>>
>>8592236
Awesome, thanks!
>>
>>8592719
>There's a reason why no one really talks positively about revoltechs outside of the circlejerk general and most post that are brought up about them elsewhere are usually left alone.
Pssst, this isn't a bizarro /toy/ thread Subby. You save the blatant inversions of reality for there.
Also
>Admitting to being Subjectanon
What a retard.
>>
>>8592719
>There's a reason why no one really talks positively about revoltechs outside of the circlejerk general
Most Revoltechs as of late have been received pretty positively. It seems to be just a few vocal contrarian going against the grain. Figures like AY Harley and Deathstroke are considered to be some of the best figures if those respective characters.

>the fact you think everyone else agrees with you.
Pot calling the kettle black. Funny.
>>
>>8592798
>Pot calling the kettle African-American
Fix'd that for you.
>>
>>8582009
>No "The Package" Chief
For shame
>>
>>8592406
>>8592652
God fucking dammit........ I just fucking want the 6.5 chief.... finally decided to order from gamestop because I was having 0 luck finding him in stores bc scalpers kept buying all the figures up.... Im fucking never getting him....
>>
>>8593490
dude on my local offerup is selling the red mark 7 + chief for $20 each or $35 for both, which is a good deal, but the fucking chief looks like hes missing his right shoulder pauldron. and I already have the red mark 7
>>
reminder to check your local Meijer if you have one
>>
>>8592719
>There's a reason why no one really talks positively about revoltechs outside of the circlejerk general
MOST folks largely keep what they like in their own related generals. I rarely see people bring up other toy lines in the gunpla threads and I imagine it's largely the same elsewhere with the exception of comparing same character made by different companies like say figuarts discussing figma because they both made bruce lee or something.

Really the only time people bring something up outside of related generals is when they have an unnatural hate boner and have to bad mouth it every opportunity.
>>
Major yikes to any Halo fan who did not pick up the 1000Toys Chief.

I just grabbed him and he is not only the best Master Chief , he’s straight up one of the best action figures ever made!
>>
>>8596511
Major yikes at those hips and waist.
>>
>>8596511
I probably would have but I have a personal rule to never spend more than 50 dollars on an action figure. Instead, I buy a bunch of smaller figures one at a time and convince myself that I'm spending less money.
>>
File: 20201129_192842.jpg (3.47 MB, 5312x2988)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
Went and snapped the head off my Rtas Vadumee figure didnt i :(

So i tried to set the ball joint again with brass rod. The ball joint connecting bar width is just over 4mm, i used 2.5mm brass rod to set it, leaving 0.75mm of plastic encasing the rod, the length of the broken off ball was 6.8mm so i drilled out 2.4mm (0.1mm tighter on the diameter than the brass rod, to make it a real snug fit and account for handheld drilling inaccuracy) x 6.5mm on each end with the pin vise, then set the brass rod of length exactly 13mm with superglue between them, i scuffed up the rod good too so the superglue grabs it better. This was all basically the largest rod i could use while still leaving enough plastic for there to still be a ball joint structure to speak of at the end.

What do you think? Ive never done this fix before. It seemed to turn out well, the joint seems pretty much an exactly snug fit to me, and its probably stronger now than it was before it got broken, i reckon.

Btw the plastic of this particular ball joint on this figure is hard plastic, not vinyl. I guess i was expecting vinyl, so i managed to snap it while trying to unstick it.
>>
>>8596587
This is a terrible way to think
>>
>>8596611
Most collectors start out this way.

I did. I still am. Now I buy multiple $150 figures to convince myself I don’t need $500 figures
>>
>>8596589
how did u break his head :((((((
>>
>>8596511
dont care still think it looks like ugly jap shit lol
>>
>>8596695

Well i fixed it now good as new.

Was just being lazy and trying to unstick joints without heating up some water first.

At least it gave me an excuse to try out my pin vise kit, it went so well that i feel better about fixing the Dutch with his leg twisted off that ive got.
>>
>>8596587
Not even a fan of 1000chief but:

>Quantity over quality

I'd rather buy 1 great figure than 5 mediocre toys.
>>
>>8596334
i was actually referring to the Marvel general and how people who bring up Marvel revoltechs and sometimes figuarts get ignored. Some posts aren't even baited trolls and no on replies to them still.
>>
>>8596863
>Using the Marvel general, one of the worst generals on the board, as a yardstick for sane conversation
Kek
That place is a cesspool, largely due to one or two obnoxious and really persistent shitposters with a hateboner for anything that isn't an ML.
Reminder that someone started a thread with a harmless OP with a photo of Revoltech Iron Man and these trolls had an absolute shitfit, completely derailing the thread because how DARE someone be excited for a figure they didn't like!
>>
>>8596863
That's a poorfag general, they usually ignore Mafex and SHFs too.
>>
>>8596910
>if they don't like it, it's them that are trolls
>implying that those photos in OP aren't used as bait, since the Marvel General threads ended with trolls akin to posters in this thread trolling with the 1000toys Master Chief
uh huh

>>8596949
When there's a general like for the toys, they're not ignored. Stuff like Mafex Gwenpool got a lot of positive posts until trolls started up. Same with the Spiderman and Carnage.
There was also a lot of positivity with Figma Iron Man and some of the Figuarts.
Nevermind people also like some of the Diamond and Mezco figures.

So you're ignoring a lot of times when people have expressed interest and like for expensive figures.
People just focus on what they like though. Has nothing to do with poorfagging.
>>
>>8596744
Doesn't matter if the so-called greater figure can't even look the way you want it to.
>>
This figure is dope, but calling it one of the best figures ever may have been hasty.
His hands don’t stay attached for shit and he’s getting that weird problem I have with some Bandai figures where their joints start freezing up. I noticed new figuarts have grease on their ball joints to prevent this.
>>
>>8597008

articulation is great but he looks like hes wearing a fuckin corset there

also the helmet seems too vertically stretched, and im not taken with the baby shit green color

other than that its great tho
>>
>>8596744
in this day and age, most figures are already great. The quality differences between them vary little.
>>
>>8596511
I wouldn't have minded dropping the money on him if he actually looked like master chief.
>>
>>8580035
You outed yourself real quick.
>>
>>8587145
>>
>>8597076
>There aren't massive quality gaps between different figures and lines

Spoken like a junk-hording pleb.
>>
>>8596744
But I like the new 4in figures. I wouldn't buy them if I didn't think they were a good quality.
>>
>>8596984
>Anyone posting a figure I don't like is baiting
Uh huh.
>>
>>8597825
God, Hasbro Gwenpool looks so fucking bad. Those legs in particular are awful.
>>
>>8579388
Stfu 1000toys MC looks like fucken ass.
>>
>>8597915
Your bad taste is noted.
>>
>>8596949
>ignore Mafex and SHFs too.
No one ignores them, the fans who get a single figure spend nearly a month with post like

>cope poorfags

And never actually talk about said figure beyond shit posting other lines. No one like import kids since they need to spend hours talking aboutu supeeru waponeese jerk off motion.
>>
>>8597932
Sorry you can't afford decent figures, poorfag.
>>
>>8597932
Cope poorfag
>>
>>8597937
>>8597941
Lonelyfags and their single figure.
>>
>literally quantity over quality larping
This is bad bait.
>>
>>8597996
Did you expect anything less from a bait thread?
>>
>>8597996
If you truly wanted pure quality you'd just be buying no-fun Hot Toys and leaving them on a shelf. every purchase involves some compromise. I'd rather not shove $100+ figures into my mouth that I'm not entirely happy with.
>>
>>8597915
this is the correct opinion
>>
>>8596744
with figures like halo, sometimes quantity is equally as important in order to army build and stage battles. Way better than having 1 overpriced jap figure standing by itself on a dusty shelf.
>>
>>8579308
>You might be autistic.
Said the 40Knigger as he cried into his mounds of unfinished models and cringy lore books having never actually played a round of Warhammer in his fucking life.
>>
>>8598116
Agreed. I think expensive high-quality figures are nice, but I also appreciate more affordable toys that you can buy in a store (as long as they aren't shit quality). A $200 figure may be "better" than a $10 one, but that doesn't make the cheaper one bad. And this is /toy/ after all, you can't complain when people talk about toys and not adult collectibles.
>>
>>8598132
Warhammer is a game?
>>
>>8598132
Warhammer lore is better than whatever your favorite series' lore is.
>>
File: halo related.jpg (1.04 MB, 2145x1015)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
lol since this thread is barely halo related now i wanna take this time to talk about this sick ass gundam wing macross robot i picked up at my local walton k-mart store and how now i can have this cool as doom guy toy kick its ass with this sick plasma BFG sword he came with.

if you wanna know more about this mecha assault 3 pre-order edition robot its a full on converting mech it turns into a 1999 pontiac firbird in salmon yellow and his adult name is upstream, his blaster there on his arm is called tamiya extra thin cement and samus from doom is totally kicking yellowmans ass from megaman i loved collecting halo related xbox 360 toys like spiderman from ps4 or jazz from mass effect andromeda
>>
>>8580239
just jumping into this thread. Its a bad compromise. It doesnt look organic enough to look like a guy in armor, but it doesnt look mechanical enough to look like a cool mech take on master chief. It just is a weird half assed inbetween thing that doesnt really appeal to anyone.
>>
>>8578941
looks better from this angle imo, but mainly because it obscures the robot joints. The arms imo are the biggest problem and look like Gunpla parts. The fact it looks so muc hbetter from this angle solidifies it for me that the problem is just mismatching of how parts look. Comes off like a mess from the front.
>>
>>8578394
if you're army building with toys you are 100% retarded. use miniatures.
>>
>>8599508
That is literally maximum virginity
>>
>>8596587
Hello, you must be American.
>>
>>8597076
You only collect Hasbro figures, amirite anon?
>>
>>8597915
Nope, not even remotely true. I can see how someone who likes shitty, blocky cheap-looking plastic might feel that way, but having him in-hand and he's fucking awesome.
>>
>>8598030
No, that's only if your definition of 'quality' is 'looks like the actor'.

For me quality is material that feels good to the touch; smooth joints; heaps of articulation; toys that don't break easily (especially not straight out of the package); great-looking, detailed accessories; good sculpt and paintjob and don't look like cheap toys.
90% of my figures meet all these criteria.
>>
>>8599308
...except for the fact that it appeals to a great many people, myself included. It really does look like a guy in armour when you see it in person. The proportions are right and their is a distinct difference between each armour plate. A lot of the cheaper MC figures (not all of them) literally look like sculpted hunks of plastic.
>>
>>8599608
?
>>
>>8599616
>>8599624
massive cope
>>
>>8578444
I'd buy one with pistol whipping action, that was always my favorite thing to do in the games
>>
>>8580035
>caring this much about some random guy's nails
bruh you don't even interact with him irl, the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>8600295
He's just exta-ornery that his nail-salon is forced to close during lockdown.
>>
>>8599616
I won't argue about the quality of the materials, but it's funny that the Jazzwares gold-chrome visor looks so much better than the dull orange translucent thing On 1000chief >>8597008
>>
>>8600295
When a person types something like
>Unless you are a woman or a fag
It's clear they have pent up anger and are looking for any excuse to lash out and say some ignorant edgy shit to vent their anger issues.
>>
>>8600233
No, I genuinely really like this figure. Even more so after reading all these first-hand accounts of people having their other Halo toys literally breaking apart on them.
>>
>>8600840
It's ok to like flawed things anon, just don't pretend that they aren't flawed.
>>
File: 20201201_160807.jpg (2.74 MB, 4032x2268)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB JPG
Bros...... after 2 months of hard searching and almost giving into scalpers, I found them.... I FOUND CHIEF. If you have been having trouble finding literally ANY of the figures and you live in Texas, go to your local HEB immediately. There's been a ton of 3.75s barely anyone has been buying in the seasonal isle for a month or so now, so I've been stalking that idle since then bc I like 2 min away from an heb. Today, when going to check if they ever finally stocked up on the 6.5s, I saw a family buying their kids toys. I decided to walk into the actual toy isle next to it to wait bc I didn't want to barge between them all and autistically start digging through all the shelves, so I decided to wait there. Looking at all the shitty dollar toys where, I glance up to the very top shelf and spot all of the 6.5s just sitting there.... there were 3 chiefs, and one of each of the other figures. Who fucking knows how long they have been sitting there and NO ONE has touched them. I'm fairly certain I was the first person to stumble across them. Even a FEW 3.75s were bought, but these hadn't been touched. I chose the best looking chief and was about to leave, but the white mark vb just looked too damn good in person and I couldn't resist. Still won't buy Kat tho bc I don't feel like collecting all of noble team again as I already have all the mcfarlanes. It is a good day after a shitty weekend bros.
>>
File: 20201201_162500.jpg (2.53 MB, 4032x2268)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>8600909
Surprisingly, this figure doesn't suffer from an QC errors either.... maybe wct really did listen to our feedback and started tweaking the newer batches. Even my red mk7 spartan I got like 2 months ago had a real bad case of helicopter arms. This chief however, is solid as hell and if anything his arms were a little tight at first
>>
>>8600921
I'm happy for you anon, I hit up a local Target for MLs yesterday and they had the whole wave EXCEPT Chief. I was so bummed. Hopefully Gamestop doesn't push it back again and I can finally get him. I do have the white SPARTAN and he has some pretty loose shoulders too so we'll see how my Chief is whenever I actually get him.
>>
>>8600927
Ik that feeling man. Back in early October I was able to hit up this one target across town and they had literally every figure in the back EXCEPT the 6.5 chief. The figures were even still in the shipping boxes when I asked an employee to pull
some couple out for me. From what I can tell there are usually 3 chief figures to a case of the 6.5s as that was the ration when I stumbled across them today. Scalpers tend to mainly target him unfortunately.
>>
>>8600909
>>8600921
>>8600976
Jesus christ I sound like a Neanderthal reading some of these posts lmao. Misspelling tons so shit rn bc im celebrating w some good ass soup as i talk to yall lmao oh well.
>>
Do the old joyride weapons scale well with jazwares spartans? I think I might still have them in storage somewhere
>>
>>8600991
They scale well enough, pic for reference. Wct weapons are way too small for the joyrides on the other hand
>>
>>8600873
I agree, and I'm not pretending they're flawed, did you not read where I said
>Even more so after reading all these first-hand accounts of people having their other Halo toys literally breaking apart on them.
I fully acknowledge that the Halo toys are flawed, and it's ok for people to like them. It's also perfectly ok for people to like the almost-flawless 1000Toys Master Chief.
But no toy is perfect, even the 1000Toys MC could do with better wrist pegs.
>>
>>8601732
>I'm not pretending they're flawed
I obviously meant
>not flawed
here.
>>
>>8588212
same
>>
>>8588377
how do you get them to stay on the cieling like that>?
>>
>>8600921
>>8600909
Be careful with his shoulder armor - mine snapped pretty quickly and I ended up returning him.
>>
>>8596511
doesnt look like chief looks like a cosplay
>>
>>8596587
depending on what you get that could actually be a better choice. really is based on what you choose.
>>
>>8601787
You mean like a person wearing armour? Yes, that's what I've been saying all along!
>>
>>8596744
depends, I cut my collection down massively and ended up keeping just a few collections, in the end i got rid of the more expensive stuff and ended up keeping some of the cheaper things. 20 dollar per figure stuff.

They dont look as impressive but to me they are more fun to fiddle with and display, just ended up that way through a coincidence. didnt realize it until i realized i had gotten rid of 70 dollar ones because i just didnt find them as fun to mess around with. i think i chose nostalgia over quality but i dont really care.

sorry for the blog post just saying sometimes people can go in a circle weirdly and go from cheap to expensive import to cheap again.
>>
>>8599508
is it possible to scale warhammer up using halo figures?
>>
>>8599624
every figure is going to appeal to someone i dont doubt that YOU like it or that there are PEOPLE who like it. But what i doubt is that this has as much appeal as it would have if it had just gotten its shit together and picked one direction and stuck with it. I have seen way too many people complaining about it to believe that the majority public opinion is positive about it. This is like a movie with good critical reception (good paint high POA etc) and bad fan reception (poor likeness) that has a cult following.
>>
>>8600909
how much are they charging in stores versus scalpers? Im not really innterested in these but am surprised to hear how much trouble anons are having finding them. im only in here because halo.
>>
>>8601794
youre purposelly conflating different things.
In most angles it doesnt look like a person because of the fucked up shoulder joints, which are inexcusable. Combined with the bizarre looking arms which look gundam parts.

In angles when that stuff is obscured, and it looks more like an outfit with a dude in it, it looks so far off model that it looks like a costume a fan made and put together.

If you like the figure good im happy that you do, but I think it has a lot of flaws to it. It honestly sort of looks like a well painted gunpla model kit to me of a chief inspired non cannon design.
>>
>>8601814
btw i not trying to convince you not to like what you bought the last thing i want to do is make someone feel bad about something they bought and enjoy. so i apologize if it comes off that way. Some of what i wrote is too harsh and i was being too aggressive.

But I really think that before they released this they should have tweaked some stuff. Because the quality of the figure itself seems high in the sense that the visor and paint and sculpt are sharp and look high quality. A line like this is something I would have been interested in buying if it was tweaked a bit.
>>
>>8601807
they retail $20, scalpers usually sell around $30-$35. Every walmart/target i go to is completely cleaned of them. Was only able to finally track these down bc HEB is a grocery store that usually only had shitty dollar store toys, but now they are starting to carry good shit like this and people havent been catching on.
>>
>>8601786
yeah i was testing his range of motion and noticed his shoulders were flexing in a way that made me uncomfortable. Is it something you could have easily repaired or did you just not care to try and wanted to get your money back instead?
>>
>>8601805
>if it had just gotten its shit together and picked one direction and stuck with it
But it did though, it is a Re:edit, it was always supposed to be an artistic interpretation of the character. It never veered from that direction.

>I have seen way too many people complaining about it to believe that the majority public opinion is positive about it
Baader-Meinhof effect mate.
>>
>>8601835
well i guess the good news is they are sellling though right? I hear people say no one cares about figures anymore and this hopefully proves that wrong.

is it worth 20.00? Idk if i like any of the figures enough to buy them or not.
>>
>>8600921
forgot to update about white mark vb. overall in pretty good condition as well and doesnt have much QC errors at all other than his left arm being a tiny bit loose but nothing thats deal breakng. Also just hate how these figures didn't come with a standard gripping hand so they could properly hold their rifles. have them gripping it like an olympic shooter baka
>>
>>8601814
>fucked up shoulder joints
lolwut? What's wrong with the shoulder joints?
>bizarre looking arms
>gundam parts; painted gunpla model kit
This is all subjective opinion
>but I think it has a lot of flaws to it
>I think
Ah. Yes.

I totally get that you don't want it because it doesn't look exactly like the original model. That's totally fine. I honestly don't have an issue with that or your disliking it.

It's the anons who are saying that it's a shit toy that's inferior to the blocky plastic $20 figures (that multiple people are complaining about falling apart and breaking in this very thread) -because- it doesn't look like the original model that I have an issue with. Because it's a fantastic toy.
And no, it's not an exact design or colour copy of the Master Chief design from Combat Evolved. But it was also never meant to be.
>>
File: 20201202_001930.jpg (2.37 MB, 4032x2268)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
>>8601862
Mmmm chicken wings..... would also be perfect if they fit elbow rotation into the next figures somehow. Honestly would prefer that rather than a double jointed elbow, like w the 3.75s
>>
>>8601863
because at that point its barely even halo. I would take a figure that actually looks like a design from the games rather than an expensive jap figure that looks like gundam anime shit. Also, these cheaper figures actually have variety and once you have a couple you can do a lot more with them.
>>
>>8601863
i get what you mean anon, i dont like the figure but i do like your personality and attitude. youre pleasant to talk with.

I really dont have one glaring issue with it that is a dealbreaker, for me it is just a bunch of small things that add up at a point.

I dont really care if its 100% accurate, I can settle for 90% or so, maybe less, but that thing seems closer to like, 75% or something. Which alone isnt a huge deal really. i have halo megabloks and some way weirder halo stuff. But I think the shoulder looks a little strange. I just think they could have been filled in a bit somehow and its distracting to me. The shoulders arent a huge deal either. But i think that the top comes off a bit more mechanical, and the bottom a bit more organic. so it also conveys a sort of mismatch of aesthetics to me i also get a little bothered with.

None of them alone are so glaring they are a deal breaker. Just personally for me, they add up to a point where i dont want the figure. But It still is interesting to look at.
>>
>>8601877
you know it would be kind of cool if they did a masterchief gundam thing all things considered. I wouldnt have asked for it before this thread because it seems like a dumb idea but i think this figure is a proof of concept that it could work.
>>
>>8601914
that would be pretty chill, but idk its kind of stupid to compare these figures because it really is apples and oranges
>>
Hey what the fuck happened to the Halo Mega Bloks sets? I hadn't looked at them for a few years but holy shit are they atrocious. They look smaller and cheaper, none of the sets are interesting at all and all effort is out the window. Fuck 343 and fuck their designs
>>
>>8601983
some japanese fetish wrestler named van stuck them up his ass
>>
Kat and the red Spartan are on Amazon for $20 right now lads.
>>
>>8601877
Yeah, um...no. It doesn't even remotely resemble a gundam, you're really reaching here. It resembles the Master Chief significantly more than any gundam. It also doesn't look remotely anime, that's also a reach (no pun intended).
>these cheaper figures actually have variety and once you have a couple you can do a lot more with them.
Is your complaint here that there's only one in the line?
>>
>>8601912
It's nice to talk to someone reasonable for a change. Thanks for explaining what you didn't like.
The biggest differences I can see are the curves (CE MC is totally blocky); the helmet (it's narrower); the back armour that comes up higher on either side of the helmet.
When you talk about the shoulders, is it that they look a little like large balls maybe?

I get what you're saying though and that's cool. For me it's more the great engineering trumps everything else. I love that I can put him in any pose I want and that the armour hinges and moves easily out of the way. He also feels nice to hold and move around and a like the sleeker aesthetic. He also scales well too, which can be a deal-breaker for me because I mix lines.
>>
>>8602005
FUCK YOU
>>
>>8602183
It definitely does not resemble gundam but as someone who likes the design gonna disagree with you on the anime part. It DEFINITELY has anime design style going on. It feels like what would have happened if they made an anime of halo if there was no reference material at all besides the first polygonal game to design the anime armor.
>>
>>8601866

ey that weapon looks pretty decently detailed.

you need to hot water and straighten it out a bit though bud
>>
>>8602263
No..fuck YOU, leatherman!
>>
>>8579049
So every other spartan is forced to wear puke neon colors that get them killed in any enviroment that is forest green, just because it's what chief wears.. What is this /fa/?
>>
>>8597486
Anon, say something instead of acting like a silent autismo fuck. How is that figure proportionally flawed? Is he just not like the buff chief you so lust over or something?
>>
File: PXL_20201203_225434280.jpg (3.77 MB, 2045x3722)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB JPG
Finally, after months of searching, waiting, and hoping that Gamestop would finally come through with my order. After getting yet ANOTHER delay on my GS order and I was losing hope of ever finding him, I found him. On a grocery run to Target, so I could make myself a sandwich for lunch tomorrow, I venture to the toy section as my final stop, as per usual and see they restocked. I searched through the peg to no avail, only red white and blue were on hung to see. Dejected, I did one final scan only to discover a lone Chief laying on the middle shelf all on his own. Elated I grabbed my prize, paid for my wares and returned home to bask in my glorious bounty.

Nonsense story aside, I gotta say he feels a lot better than the white Mark V SPARTAN that I got a while back. That one was loose in the shoulders and honestly just kinda felt cheap. Chief though feels sturdy, has tight joints all around, and just feels like a better toy. They're the only two I've gotten so far but it almost feels like they're from different lines. It's weird.

Anyway super happy to finally have him, fuck you Gamestop. You don't get my money.
>>
File: PXL_20201203_232930357.jpg (3.88 MB, 3132x2549)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB JPG
The Virgin Toddlet vs the Wicked Cool Chad
>>
>>8605312
We are finally winning bros, we are beating back the scalpers. I was the anon who finally got the chief the other day as well. Happy for you, and hope everyone who has suffered defeat after defeat in the hunt joins us in this success soon. Chiefs all around
>>
>>8604584
They can't, because they have nothing intelligent or factual to say except "I can't afford this $100 figure so it must be bad".
>>
File: 20201203_190817.jpg (2.65 MB, 4032x2268)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
>>8605372
>>8605532
Sorry toddlets and animefags, this is a chrome visor only party
>>
File: 20201203_193035.jpg (2.68 MB, 4032x2268)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>8605544
Crouching only party as well
>>
>>8605372
>>8605544
>>8605596
Liking one thing doesn't mean you have to cut down another thing. Fun pictures but a little mean spirited (especially cause you'll probably summon some people into this thread).
>>
>>8605618
Oh don't be such a baby
>>
File: 20201203_205005.jpg (1.56 MB, 1444x4032)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
Its taken months but I'm now armed
>>
>>8605618
what he said >>8605622
I'm just picking a little fun at mcfarlane lmao. If I didn't like mcfarlane I wouldnt have been collecting them since their halo 3 release and they wouldnt comprise most of my collection. If toddlets really get so heated over such silly pictures in the first place then they deserve to get shit on lol.
>>
>>8605635
damn good score anon. Would love to buy myself one and then repaint it but I dont feel like dropping $50 on it rn.
>>
>>8605654
I may paint one day but I'm no artist. But it does seem almost shockingly simple. Black and dark gray. Id assume id disassemble and paint each part.
>>
>>8605669
Yeah me too lol ive never repainted any figures before, but it seems like a very fun hobby to get into that ties in with my toy addiction lmao
>>
>>8605596
Fancy pretending that's a crouch while dumping on Best Master Chief. Cringe. Hope none of your knee or hip joints broke making those poses. Did you remember to heat up the joints first?
>>
>>8605544
Pretty sure the title says "Halo General" not "Fanboy Party".
>>
File: Lets get tactical.jpg (984 KB, 2381x2268)
984 KB
984 KB JPG
I painted a marine
>>
Back
>>
File: Mira a mk 5.jpg (1.76 MB, 3690x2921)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
Forgot image
>>
File: Commando.jpg (847 KB, 2560x1557)
847 KB
847 KB JPG
Heres his gun. It was a cunt to paint
>>
>>8606031
>>8606039
>>8606042
very very nice. marine already looked kino af, now it looks even better.
>>
>>8605990
Nah i don't need to worry about heating up the joints before moving them bc theyre not mcfarlanes lol
>>
>>8605993
yes, it is the real halo toys having a party :)
>>
chiefs $20 rn on amazon bros
>>
>>8606131
So is kat
>>
hey i think youve got the wrong thread, leatherclub is two blocks down
>>
>>8605372
More like chad Mcfarlane vs kiddie shit big peg holes helicopter chief
>>
>>8606737
McFarlane can talk when their limbs move more than 90 degrees.
>>
File: file.png (2.16 MB, 1428x1600)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>8605596
Yeah... no
>>
>>8606748
Stoooop, you're ruining their funnnnn. :(

>>
>>8606748
>joints that barely bend 90 degrees, if that

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.