[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Did you riked the Kingdom leaks?

Old: >>8573275
>>
>>8576527
Honestly how many fucking tank Megatrons do we need?
They're getting better and better at Sunbow accuracy, it's time for another villain to step into the limelight (make a tank Megs as a Core class or something if you must)
>>
File: Kingdom-Airazor.png (1.09 MB, 1279x606)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
Wonder if DNA will reissue their leg upgrade for Kingdom Magnus.
>>
Can you imagine releasing a toyline on January 1st? Can you imagine being this stupid?
>>
>>8576541
Please don't tell me they've gone for original Basics accurate piss yellow on Airazor
>>
>>8576556
>wants toy accurate BW
>gets pissrazor
monkey paw
>>
>>8576520
>Did you riked the Kingdom leaks?
Eh. Might buy Huffer, but I'd rather wait for Pipes. If the Magnus retool is good, I might buy a Delta version.

>>8576533
We're going to be getting Megatrons and Optimus Primes until the end of time, anon. No use fighting it.
>>
>>8576556
Did you expected metalic paint?
>>
I totally forgot I pre-ordered this guy, but Pulse just notified me of shipment. I've no plans to get Skorponok/Zarak, I just kind of liked this whole obnoxious bling getup. Maybe I can make him into a trident for King Poseidon.
>>
>>8576561
>Megatrons and Optimus Primes until the end of time, anon
Yeah but they don't have to take up Voyager and Leader slots when they can just be Deluxe and Core figures instead. How much more show-accurate can they really make them?
>>
>>8576570
You're right, the leaders don't have to take away Leader slots from characters who aren't leaders.
>>
>>8576520
>Did you riked the Kingdom leaks?
I'm just waiting for Galvatron, brother. At least Magnus looks nice.
>>
>>8576575
Okay, so change the name, fuck
Or who gives a shit, half the Leader toys they release don't lead anyone
>>
>>8576575
Pretty wild how the Hasbro scales Transformers in the same way painters did in medieval art (hierarchical proportion).
>>
File: tsbat18_zpsecfc4138.jpg (46 KB, 600x559)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>8576565
Metallic gold recolors always remind me of this motherfucker from my childhood.
>>
>>8576588
>Pretty wild how the Hasbro scales Transformers
Not at all, they're trying to follow the cartoon robot mode scale, altmodes get fucked.. as they should.
>>
>>8576575
Transmetal Megatron was leader of the Predacons, Anon
>>
>>8576588
Pretty wild how they've stuck to the size class names for like 16 years when they changed with every line before.
>>
>>8576564
No, but it looks almost as bright as TR Krok in that image. There's no way Airazor's gold is that much brighter than Dinobot or Blackarachnia.
>>
>>8576615
>they've stuck to the size class names for like 16 years
Scou- sorry, Lege- sorry, CORES say hi
>>
>>8576625
Scouts are slightly larger than Legends but are equivalent to Basics. DOTM/TFP Cyberverse Commanders were the same size as Legends though.
>>
>>8576604
Don't you mean Terrorsaur?
>>
>>8576636
Good point
>>
>Hasbro Pulse restocked a bunch of stuff
>"And save if you spend X amount of dollars!"*"
>*on select toys that nobody fucking wants
>and none of what they restocked on
I mean I'm still buying everything I want but can't say I'm surprised they managed to fuck up a holiday savings. Alicon, Rotorstorm, Bumblejeep, the Powerdashers, and some micromasters.
>>
>>8576636
Did anyone like Terrorsaur? His voice was unbearable.
>>
>>8576673
The worst part is that Scott McNeil actually can do a spot on Cobra Commander impersonation, but we got saddled with Terrorsaur's voice actor does Terrorsaur's voice for Starscream when he had that one episode.
>>
>>8576680
Beast Wars was my first exposure to Transformers and as a kid that episode made me think Starscream was basically what I now know Unicron is instead.
>>
Snagged an LG Blur off Amiami for $30
Thank God now I can cancel my SS86 pre-order
>>
>>8576635
During CW they became Legends and the original Legends became Legion. Confused yet? Whatever passed for that size class in Cyberverse (the franchise not the Prime subline, jeez) alternated between Scout and Commander for a name.
>>
>>8576712
>forced headmaster gimmick
>ugly face
>no ankle rockers
>weird skinny rounded proportions
>far more visibly hollow parts
IMO the only thing LG did well was the colors and used studier plastic but at the end of the day, it's still a terrible TR mold. I know the SS86 figure borrowed a lot of the engineering but they also fixed a lot of what was wrong with the original.
>>
>>8576752
Headmasters are kino
>>
>>8576752
>>8576759
I de-headmastered my LG Blurr, his head never comes off now.
>>
>>8576759
hell yer, i had hardhead and skullcrusher, i regret to this day giving away those two transformers
>>
>>8576759
They will stay on top
>>
I just watched Dinobot die again and still got misty-eyed.
>>
So SS86 Scourge is totally becoming Selects Devcon, right? Or will he be SS86 Blurr?
>>
File: 1556555669613.jpg (268 KB, 2048x1352)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>8576712
>paying more for an inferior version
SS86 Blurr is even going to shelfwarm pretty hard, so he's going to be $15 or something a year from now.
>>
>>8576806
SS86 Blurr doesn't even have wheels.
>>
>>8576806
>SS86 Blurr is even going to shelfwarm pretty hard

What's your logic for this? TR Blurr shelfwarmed hard due to his deco, or lackthereoff.
>>
>>8576673
I liked terrorsaur BECAUSE his voice is unbearable.
>>
>>8576816
>it's similar to the TR and LG versions people already have
>not as good as other SS86 and Kingdom figures, even kids would rather pick a cool animal Transformer over a blue man turning into "something"
>it's fucking Blurr
>>
>>8576520
>Did you riked the Kingdom leaks
Yes, Kingdom is shaping up to be great, I am actually looking forward to getting Primal and Megatron.
>>
File: 1605795549703.jpg (60 KB, 600x465)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Gimme my big bone styracco
>>
>look at that big 2000 image gallery of kingdom figures on tfw
>the MP Cheetor they use to compare had a giant fucking crack in his dickplate probably from bending it the wrong way

lol it looks even worse than mine does. I'd really like to get a new MP Cheetor to replace my old one some day, it was such a trial and error effort trying to fix all that thing's problems when it first game out.
>>
>>8576835
MP Cheetpr has cracks in his dick plate?
...so he does. Well he did take a dive off the shelf about two weeks back
>>
>>8576520
I already told you guys who we'd be getting in wave 2 back in october (turns out screencap of that post is making rounds on That Feel When), but yeah, they look really nice. Shame Magnus is just a retool, though.
>>
>>8576839
I don't know if it cracks on it's own, but when you're folding it up for beast mode you don't have to bend it nearly as much as it would seem, and in fact if you try to bend it too far it will pretty much always crack because it's designed to stop, but it's really easy to just force it instead.
>>
>>8576591
>Sir I don't understand how dawning a state of the art armor made out of pure gold will help you fight pimps and drug peddlers
>>
>>8576813
He's a hovercar, he's not supposed to.
>>
>>8576880
then why doesnt he hover instead
>>
>>8576881
That's what your hand is for as you swoosh him around the air.
>>
>>8576835
Why do MP Cheetor and Megatron both have dickplate cracks? What the fuck is going over there at Nip Nong Labs?
>>
>>8576784
How?
>>
>>8576894
At least in cheetor's case it's just a minor aesthetic issue, it's the sort of crack that isn't really going to worsen on its own. It's not a load bearing dickplate like it is on Megatron.
>>
>tfw red is my favourite colour
>TRU Canada might have Thrust since it's Target and we got Rainmakers and 10-pack micros
>Inferno coming out (but missed Red Alert)
>Terrorsaur hopefully
>Roddy's one of my faves and he's getting 86 and maybe Prime version too
My new frens are gonna help me recover sanity and joy...! Water you guys looking forward to for Kingdum/86?
>>8576673
>>8576680
>>8576683
>tfw people don't like Terrorsaur
>tfw writers didn't like Terrorsaur
B-but I like Terrorsaur...
>>8576818
and I like (You) anon!
>>
>>8576922
The only reason to keep Terrorsaur around and Transmetalized as originally planned was because every non-Megs Pred was a bug of some kind without him.
>>
If TERRORSAUR TERRORIZEAAUGGHR isn't the most iconic line in all of Beast Wars to you, then you failed to properly enjoy Beast Wars.
>>
>>8576962
If properly enjoying Beast Wars means I have to like Waspinator then I'm glad I never did.
>>
>>8576591
I haven't touched it in 30 years, but I can still remember the feel of the wings popping out
>>
File: saucer.jpg (66 KB, 516x415)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
whats a really good tank transformer?
pic unrelated!
>>
>>8576992
Eh... all the tank Megatrons so far have had issues with the robot mode, but they make for good tanks. Generations Warpath was good at the time, but he has aged poorly. I would say Titans Return Blitzwing, but he's pretty damn fiddly.
>>
>>8576962
I guess I failed to do so anyway by rewatching it recently and realizing, once again, that nostalgia is hell of a drug. It's a decent show and the animation didn't age all that badly, but most episodes is pretty meh and the core of Beast Wars lore happens within just a couple of season 2 episodes.
I honestly would like to see a modern take on BW.
>>
>>8576995
>I honestly would like to see a modern take on BW.

I can't help but feel this would be a bad thing. I hate to sound like a geewunner, but going off of how most G1-reboots have been handled in recent years, I'd prefer Beast Wars remain sacred. Beast Machines alone already did enough damage.
>>
File: megatron2.jpg (105 KB, 726x505)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>8576994
how come this megatron's canon cant go up?
>>
>>8577006
Because the way the tank mode is formed doesn't allow for vertical motion in the turret, jut side to side.
>>
>>8576994
>Generations Warpath was good at the time, but he has aged poorly.
Bullshit, he's still one of the best deluxes I've ever had the pleasure of handling.
>>
>>8577024
No wrists or ankles or waist swivel, H tank, can barely hold most guns.
>>
>>8577030
Plus he's ugly.
>>
>>8577024
In the interests of being objective, Generations Warpath does have a real nice "G1-inspired" design with some great articulation. That being said, the lack of ankle articulation of any kind is an issue, the shins look like they're swapped, the non-removable shoulder weapons look tacked on, the tension-missile sticks out like a sore thumb, his head-concealing flap literally rests on the back of his head, and his deep-set hands make it really difficult to get him to hold anything. The lack of waist and wrist articulation is also annoying, but some modern figures still do that.

Not a bad figure, but definitely shows his age.
>>
>>8577038
I'm getting the new one but I think I'll still keep my old one, I was thinking of having him rep Warpaths cybertronian form,, I wonder if I could repaint him into anyone.
>>
File: 1604219878004.jpg (23 KB, 480x646)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>hear we're getting a new Inferno among the BWs characters
>mfw upon finding out it's not crazy fire ant Inferno
>>
>>8577053
It's his new body.
>>
File: FVWarpath.jpg (1.55 MB, 1708x1264)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>8577050
I'd be getting the new one if I didn't already have Final Victory's Warpath, I just like it too much.
>>
>>8577030
>No wrists
Not that big of a flaw, at least he's not locked into gorilla arms. This is also something they still do on some modern deluxes, so can you really call it "aging"?

>ankles
This is a decent point, but I'd argue it doesn't break Warpath at all. He still poses well enough as it is, and he looks cool as fuck.

>waist swivel
Pretty much the exact argument as the wrist swivels. Isn't ER Starscream missing a waist swivel?

>H tank
One of the few to actually look good, though.

>can barely hold most guns
This is admittedly a huge flaw, but at least he already has a gun built-in. The gun-chest is what attracted me to Warpath to begin with, just sayin'. He doesn't need anything else.

>>8577046
I'll agree with you on the tension-missile. I keep mine put away because I think he looks better without it. I actually like the head-concealing flap, though. It's basically his head sticking out of a tank hatch, it's a nice touch or "compromise".

I'll concede the lack of ankle articulation shows its age, but I wouldn't say it aged poorly at all. He's a good, solid boy with no terribly egregious hollow bits or an altmode that looks like garbage because there's some bot mode feet just sitting there on it.
>>
>>8577057
Looks pretty good!
>>
>>8577037
...compared to the new one?!
>>
>>8577019
bad design if u ask me
>>
>>8577069
Yeah.
>>
>>8577000
The original BW had so much silliness and episodic bullshit, it could only get better with more self-awareness and identity actually established from the very beginning.
>>
File: tankor (1).jpg (114 KB, 590x342)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>8576992
If by really good you mean really cool
>>
>>8576992
If you can deal with movie bots, i really like Deluxe Brawl from Transformers the movie.
>>
>>8577054
I thought original inferno was BW Inferno, just in status when they switched him from Maximal to Pred
>>
File: tank.jpg (38 KB, 512x310)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>8577091
thats cool but, looking for more a traditional tank, speaking of would be pretty cool if there was a bot based on the ww1 tanks
>>
>>8577060
>Isn't ER Starscream missing a waist swivel?
Yes and that's also a mediocre figure.
>>
>>8577116
Looks better than a lot of other modern voyagers.
>>
>>8577119
Sure.
>>
File: sDtMnAF.jpg (651 KB, 1205x1600)
651 KB
651 KB JPG
>>8577098
there is, but it's 3p: Toyworld's Bulldog.
Came in a bunch of colours, but I'm not sure how available each one is today.
>>
>>8576520
HOT SHOT IS DEAD AT 47!

RIP KIRBY MORROW

>We are saddened to report that Kirby Morrow, the voice of Armada/Energon Rad and Cybertron Hot Shot has died at the age of 47. An article on Gateworld.net has just confirmed it.

>Kirby Morrow became part of the Transformers franchise as the voice of Rad White, the young Autobot human friend in Transformers Armada and Energon. After that, he became Hot Shot’s voice in the Transformers Cybertron cartoon. Besides Transformers he also worked in several other animated productions like Cyclops in X-Men: Evolution, Goku in Dragon Ball Z, and Michaelangelo in Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, Cole in Lego Ninjago among other roles. Additionally, Mr. Morrow also participated in live action series. He was well remembered as Captain Dave Kleinman, weapons officer on the bridge of the U.S.S. Daedalus, in a recurring role on Stargate Atlantis.

>We offer our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
>>
>>8577189
Wait, he was Goku???
>>
>>8577255
The other dub.
>>
Does anyone have any favourite fembots that don't have toys yet, or don't have good toys?

Still bummed we didn't get anything from the Transformers Universe game a few years back. Those characters were pretty damn cool. I don't even think I've got art of them anymore :(
>>
>>8577282
Everyone except Arcee and Blackarachnia.
>>
File: Airachnid_Close-up.png (198 KB, 557x469)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>8577282
>>
>>8577282
Minerva, we only got her Headmaster and the 3p sucks.
>>
Around 50 pics of kingdom Megs gallery and review:
https://m.faceburger.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158169528699912&id=317740274911&
>>
>>8577370
>ThreeWolvesHowling.jpeg
>>
Come on Hasbro, show me Delta Magnus. You've skipped it twice, just do it for once.
>>
>>8576549
Dino riders released the day *after* Christmas and it was one of the best moves a toyline has ever made. Anyone unhappy with their Christmas gifts returning them to the store was met with fully stocked shelves of dinosaurs covered in space armor that no one had ever seen before.
>>
>>8577076
OK tooner.
>>
>>8576556
Like titans return and potp, kingdom seems to be about updating the OG Toys
Megatron makes it obvious
>>
Remember that cipher no one could solve? Apparently someone did and it’s a leader class and something so obvious we’d feel like retards for not getting it
>>
>>8577429
Yeah it's pretty obvious.
>>
>>8577429
What are you talking about?
>>
>>8576615
If it ain't broke...
>>
>>8576894
Tooners took it over. You should know this by now.
>>
File: 134921.png (188 KB, 611x406)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>8577457
>>
File: exspeariment.jpg (168 KB, 291x764)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>8576565
My suggestion for a more stable spear, since the combiners are smaller than scorpy
>>
>>8577429
No pics don't care
>>
>>8576712
Don't get me wrong, lg is miles above TR
But i can't think of any reason to pick it over ss86
>>
>>8577429
No, the Cypher was the dominus pack
That was solved ages ago
>>
>>8577461
It's pretty simple. Kobayashi and his new MP team started changing the general MP style around Magnus. At first, it was fairly neat (Ironhide, Sunstreaker). Now, it's dumb as hell (Bee v2, OP v3, fucking poor Hound). That line of toon accuracy thinking guides the BW MPs too. They are generally better than current G1 MPs, but they all have some retarded flaw. Primal with paint chipping. IIRC, Dinobot had a major shoulder flaw...or was it the ankle? Megs and Cheetor have dick cracks. That's not even mentioning the ginormous price hikes. The toon MPs look great, but the engineering requires magic that Takara just doesn't have.
>>
>>8576752
>>8577466
>>8576806
Are we defending SS86 Blurr now? I remember when he got revealed the threads just shat on him nonstop and most everyone was saying that the LG looked better. What happened?
>>
>>8577466
I can:

-Better head
-Working wrist swivels

The only thing the new one has over it is an accourage gun and ankle tilts. The SS head is also really bad (I'll assume most people here consider a figures head among the most important things they need to get right or look good if it's redesigned)., enough that I decided against getting it.
>>
>looks at treehouse friends world mega kingdom dump
>"warpath is perfect"
Tony needs to be thrown off a cliff.
>>
>>8577477
I know why they picked the white plastic, but holy shit what a stupid thing to do.
>>
>>8577472
I don't think cartoon accuracy and the cracks in Megatrons and Cheetor's crotches have to do with each other.
You may conflating two different points in your perceived persecution of this made-up enemy you have.
>>
>>8577466
Better color scheme
better headsculpts without oversized mouth
rotating wrist that aren't locked in place by oversized forearm kibble
has working wheels
optional shield like the g1 toy
working cockpit and pilot
optional head change gimmick

Lg is better if you like fun, SS is better if you want badly drawn Akom Blurr on your shelf.
>>
>>8577481
Not playing into your delusions, anon. It's fact. I'm not sure how you are missing that engineering principles and design flaws are actually related. Perhaps a room temp IQ?
>>
>>8577476
The new one's alt mode is worlds better
Face and wrists, I'll give you that. But the feet and proportions are way better in ss86
>>8577474
No, I've been defending him since day 1
I passed on TR blurr specifically because i expected them to make better movie versions
>>
>>8577474
>Are we defending SS86 Blurr now?
Mind gimnastcs for those wh didn't liked TR Blurr and couldn't get/don't want to pay late tax for Lg Blurr.
>>
>>8577477
Warpath is perfect though.
>>
>>8577493
shut up Tony
>>
>>8577480
Because white is cartoon colour. Looks like shit though.
>>
>>8577493
Headsculpt could be better, but other than that and the oddly forearms molded in white plastic, it looks pretty decent.
>>
>>8577497
Can someone who paints figures tell me if molding those parts white was the right choice? Couldn't they have just painted the thread with silver, then white to prevent the red from bleeding through the white?
>>
>>8577474
Counterpoint: All Blurrs are bad, so you might as well go for the version that will fit with the rest of the movie cast and you don't have to pay $30 for.
>>
>>8577505
Counterpoint: Animated Blurr is the best Blurr. All G1 Blurrs wish they were Animated Blurr.
>>
>>8577492
Titans return was a shit line
>but muhh headmastah gim-
Shut the fuck up retard
>>
>>8577421
>dinobot
>>
>>8577509
>giving a fuck about Animated in 2020
Why even bother bringing this up.
>>
>>8577515
Why are you so rude? I'm allowed to like cool toys, even if their toyline is irrelevant now.
>>
>>8577514
From what we can see, yeah
>>
>>8577511
>Random insults.
The response of a man without any arguments left.
>>
>>8577521
>isn't pink
>>
>>8577481
Anon's got a point, though. MP quality did start to suffer when they went more into the "cartoon accurate" direction. A lot of it has to do with the more complex engineering involved, too. More shit to go wrong with that kind of wizardry. I'd imagine the particular look might also limit plastic options, which could contribute to durability issues.

As a whole the new direction has made MPs more expensive, more fragile, and just plain more fiddly to play with. Honest opinion here, I think the sorta design philosophy that brought about MP-10 was the line at its peak. Good as both a display piece AND a toy.

Side note, I got Cheetor and his chest paint started flaking almost day 1. Now he just sits in a box.
>>
What is the technical term for the explosion and shooting effects we have been getting. I need more of that shit
>>
>>8577545
effect parts
>>
>>8577386
why is the original dinomegs textured like spaghetti and meatballs
>>
>>8577545
Effect parts. Sadly, they can have harmful effects on plastic if left on for too long, and they seem to be only available with voyager figures for SS86, I don't think I've seen any for Kingdom.
>>
>>8577030
I'm firmly of the opinion that if you let minor shit like no wrist, ankle, or waist swivels stop you from enjoying an otherwise stylish and unique toy, you're probably a pretty big faggot.
>>
>>8577573
Based. Articulation fags ruin everyone's fun.
>>
>>8577573
Nice brick faggot, all the better for standing un-dynamically on your overcrowded shelves, yeah?
>>
I like SS86 Blur but the design of the wrists is seriously moronic.
>>
>>8577573
Based retard.
>>
>>8577573
That list doesn't include horizontal elbows, though. Fuck horizontal elbows.
>>
>>8577582
>>8577588
Pretty sure you guys are the unfun primadonna retards here.
>>
File: IMG_20201026_202335.jpg (210 KB, 1004x879)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>8577582
>>8577588
not that anon, but if you can't pose stuff just because it doesn't have wrists or ankles, then maybe you're the retard?
>>
>>8577600
>has to use a figure stand and a tilted camera angle to pull off a very boring pose
>still dependent on waist articulation
>>
>>8576934
>only reason
Having someone try to actually usurp leadership instead of doing their own thing would've been neat, although "muh loyalty" was Inferno's thing alongside poor Scorp..But yeah, no more dinos huh. Guess it was too much to animate..? Wait, did we get more dinos in the OG Beast Wars toyline? We got a metric ton in Neo... The hell? We got a handful of reptiles, but no dinos, other than Grim-Gram and no-robot-mode Razor Claw... Did Hasblow lose the right to make dinos or something, what gives?
>>8576962
Absolutely based, and usually followed by his good buddy Waspinator's cry too (didn't really like that joke char but felt bad for him). Would you be getting our boy too?
>gun, shoulder guns, laser eyes
Dinobot and Terrorsaur (both have eye lasers??) probs won't get some kind of effect parts for them right? Although with "here have a budget mini-MP" that happens now and then, maybe Dinobot would get the laser thing, and a recoloured one for Terry.
>>8576992
>pic unrelated!
Wh-why
>>8577006
Because nobody is above Megatron, the leader of the Decepticons!
>>8577030
>>8577046
If the datedness bothers some anons, just pretend he's a clunkier veteran, with either less joints/features or they froze up/melded to his body, e.g. posability, weapons. He's a powerhouse but is nicer and compact in tank-mode, but is always ready to advise and fight for Sentinel, the true Prime.
>>
>>8577607
the cope is real. Keep moving those goalposts.
>>
>>8577614
You can put fucking energon prime on a stand and play with the camera angle to make him come across as dynamic. Don't be purposefully a retard just because you're mad that all your figures are completely obsolete now.
>>
>>8577617
>figures are obsolete
It's not about upgrades and improvements, it's about fun. You want upgrades to make you feel good, collect iPhones.
>>
>>8577552
That's what dinosaurs looked like in the 90s
>>
>>8577600
>generic shooting pose and an action pose achieved only thanks to a stand
You're usually a pretty cool guy, so I'll only point out that there's a difference between a toy with barebones, but workable articulation, and total bricks the Downshift anon is trying to promote.
>>
>>8577622
Shut the fuck up.
>>8577617
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>8577573
I would say there's a "bare minimum" of articulation a modern TF should have to be fun to play with. And I'd generally consider that to be neck, shoulders, elbows, legs, and knees. Anything beyond falls under "nice to have", and if the choice is between something that feels sturdy and looks nice in every mode and something that compromises on all of these aspects to deliver the "nice to haves", I'd pick the former any day.
>>
>>8577629
Ah yes, the argument of patricians
>waaaaa mommy these guys on the internet have different opinions
>waaaa mommy this toy doesn't have an ankle tilt buy me another
cope, dilate, and seethe faggot
>>
I'm going to have to side with the anon posting toys and not with the anon saying some toys are bad.
>>
>>8577607
>>8577628
The stand argument is very poor given the pose they're doing would require a stand regardless of articulated points. Anything even slightly in the air requires a stand.
>>
>>8577639
Ankle tilts, anon. You could pull off the same pose standing using ankle tilts and some decent leg articulation. On a similar note, that Goldbug is saved by having blocks for feet.
>>
>>8577632
>waaaaa mommy these guys on the internet have different opinions
Yes, and you seem to have a hard time coping with those different opinions.
>waaaa mommy this toy doesn't have an ankle tilt buy me another
Strawmanning an argument is weak, especially because you have no clue what I think. Literally all I've said to you is to shut the fuck up. Which I will repeat again. Shut the fuck up. No one cares what you don't like. Try talking about the things you like instead of dedicating most of your failed life to shitting up a toy thread with your worthless feelings.
>>
>>8577626
But dinosaurs didn't exist in the 90s...
>>
>>8577647
Sure, but if you want the figure suspended in air, ankle tilts won't make a bit of difference.
>>
>>8577647
They're not trying to make a standing pose, though. It would not look natural with the feet touching the ground at all. Least, I don't think it would. Looks like a leaping/lunging pose to me.
>>
>>8577651
I am talking about things I like: toys. You are bitching about people not talking about topics you want and/or people enjoying toys without your standards of articulation. Please neck yourself Epstein style.
>>
Netflix wave 2 spotted in IL

Soon, midwestbros
>>
>>8576575
You realize the "Leader" in "Leader Class" has no correlation to their rank, right? Right?
>>
>>8577664
Look at you all on-topic and shit. Oh wait.
>>
>>8577370
I'm glad it's happening, the Kingdom stuff, I just am a masterpiece guy.
Even more when I just want to have 1 of a version of a character.
Besides Prime it seems.
>>
My only contribution on the subject of articulation, people who are happy to settle for less are regressive.
>>
>>8577665
>Netflix wave 2
Extreme lack of Decepticons. Sad.
>>
>>8577684
Or they are content with the toys they have.
>>
File: 20201116_154501_Film1.jpg (1.97 MB, 2560x1920)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
There is extreme faggotry afoot.

Here, look at my shitty pic.
>>
>>8577698
>print out the gay anon's picture
>infinite points of articulation
You're not so bad
>>
File: 20201116_154501_Film1-1.jpg (968 KB, 1800x2405)
968 KB
968 KB JPG
>>8577698
Disregard my previous post, my picture was drunk.
>>
File: 20201121_131435.jpg (2.19 MB, 4032x1960)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>8576992
Rotf Bludgeon? SS Brawl (mostly)
SS rotf megatron is a cynertronian tank
Turn soundwaves head around for Anubis face
>>
File: 1526076703185.jpg (28 KB, 640x360)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>8577684
I mean, that's exactly how I feel about build quality and altmode integrity, and I gladly "settle" for less articulation in favor of toys that keep those.

For the record, I will never complain about extra articulation, more is great if you can make it work. But I find Hasbro cutting corners elsewhere that shouldn't be cut. In all fairness, articulation isn't necessarily the reason these corners are being cut, but it is something I can't be terribly happy with when we have huge, glaring pieces of shit like PotP Optimus or Siege/Earthrise Megatron.

This entire shitposting war started just because I was trying to say a relatively old toy was still great and that I felt there were unsavory trade-offs with newer TFs.
>>
File: 20201121_001225.jpg (2.18 MB, 4032x1960)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>8577575
Noooo mooorrreee articulation!
>>
File: IMG_20201031_234854.jpg (1.34 MB, 2955x2160)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>8577698
>There is extreme faggotry afoot.
Tell me about it. Time to post pics I guess. Sorry if all my poses are too "generic" or lacking in ankle tilts to be approved by the articulation police.
>>
>>8577573
Considering his age this guy looks awesome, same with a lot of Cybertron toys. Articulation is definitely limited but he's a really nice design.
>>
File: 20201114_184716.jpg (3.11 MB, 4032x1960)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
>>8577717
This
(that dotm barricade has flat feet, no ankle rock, but I think it's my favorite version)
>>8577730
That looks awesome
Sorry windows and my phone both rotate pics again
Soundeaves worst ankles, but gives a neat silhouette
>>
File: starscreamsiege.jpg (1.86 MB, 4032x3024)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>8577639
Even with a figure suspended in air, limited articulation just kills the variation of the figures. Put 10 figures with limited articulation on flight stands and eventually they're all just going to do extremely similar poses at different angles.
>>
File: IMG_20200220_214915.jpg (373 KB, 2048x1510)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
Can anyone ID this Arcee? She's adorable and I love her.
>>
>>8577717
>>8577730
Just post pics without your hot takes and shitting on people who disagree.
It's clear you both have rather unusual tastes when it comes to toy aesthetics and getting upset about people wanting modern engineering in modern toys is silly.
>>
>>8577754
It's Iron Factory's Arcee.
>>
>>8577668
So sharp, it gave a janny an emotional crit, too.
>>
Anyone get the Netflix Bee? I just want to know how good it is compared to Cliffjumper and if it has anything that might put one off from getting it, like rubber or something.
>>
File: 1577956088551.png (152 KB, 368x283)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>8576995
>It's a decent show
Yeah, it's only the best piece of Transformers media ever made, it's nothing special.
>the animation didn't age all that badly
The environments aged the worst. The characters being robots was a lucky preservative for the visuals, much like the Toy Story characters being toys, and the Reboot characters being programs.
>most episodes is pretty meh
Season 2 > late Season 3 >late Season 1 >early Season 3 >early Season 1.
I'm rewatching it right now and the thing that sticks out to be the most as a problem is how long it took them to establish Megatron's character. He's little more than a default heavy in the narrative until the antepenultimate episode of season 1, where Rhinox is infected with the Energon buildup virus. Here, he is fully utilized as a sly, scheming ham with an Energon hot tub and a T-Rex head-hand he treats like a pet. His personality and intellect aren't really showcased very well at all before this, save for the episodes where Terrorsaur and Rhinox attempt to usurp him ("A wise tyrant..."/"Predacons gloat too much."). The Maximals' personalities and character dynamics are sorted out well enough very early on, but the Preds are a mess for a ways into the first season. Scorponok in particular is just completely inconsistent, even in his speech. Other than that, there are no real problems with the show. A war is a series of skirmishes and the initially episodic nature suits the premise, which continues into season 2, where the writing is much stronger throughout even though it still has one-offs. Season 3 suffered from Hasbro's indecision and interference, granted, but they pull it back together for the ending just fine.
>>
File: 1508876669886.png (384 KB, 501x622)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>8577756
>usual tastes
Y'know you can't look like the reasonablefag if you're gonna take little potshots like that. For the record, I haven't been making most of these shitposts, all my posts are just defending Generations Warpath and the one with the Megumin pic you quoted. I'm not shitting on anyone, aside from Hasbro for making toys I don't like.

But where the fuck do you get off calling wanting a GOOD altmode an "unusual taste"? How is it "unusual" to want a tank mode that doesn't have big feet sticking out of the end, or a truck mode without VISIBLE ARMS on the cab? Sure, I get that these are robot toys and all, but they're also transformers and their altmodes are meant to be played with, too.

I've been saying this entire time there's been a trade-off with TFs in their current state and it seems like you and any other opposition to this idea just plugs their ears and assumes I'm against modernization altogether. It's ridiculous.

And sorry I don't have any TFs to post, I don't have anything good to take pics with and my hands are too shaky, anyways.
>>
>>8577773
bayformers is much better
>>
>>8577754
Iron Factory Pink Assassin. I sold one in the /bst/ a few years ago...forgot all about her. She’s a great little figure, though the alt-mode is a little depressing. She’s also really tiny.
>>
>>8577318
I loved the almost romantic dynamic she had with Silas. Silas in general was fucking wasted. He was very good for a human villain and even became a Decepticon in a roundabout way, all to be thrown away after one episode.
>>
>>8577773
Should I just skip Season 1 and come back after I finish the other two? Tried watching BW from the start twice and I can't get into it at all. I like the Kenner toys and the Kingdom stuff looks pretty good...just can't get past the awkward first episodes.
>>
>>8577669
So how's that broken crotchplate treating you, Masterpiece guy?
>>
>>8577785
Just about every character in Prime was wasted. The showrunners broke Aligned from the start and couldn't even forge their own universe correctly.
>>
>>8577785
Everyone was wasted due to the budget. Incredibly sad really. Dreadwing, Breakdown, Silas, Airachnid. All gone.
>>
File: IMG_20201120_135831.jpg (1.77 MB, 3840x2160)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>8577756
>getting upset about people wanting modern engineering in modern toys is silly.
But that's just it; we're not even talking about that. We're not mad at them for wanting articulation, and we're not even talking about modern toys. We're just saying that completely writing off a figure as crap because it doesn't have ankles or wrists is silly. I love ankles and wrists as much as the next guy, but if I never collected anything that didn't have them, my collection would be boring as fuck, and so would everyone else's.

>>8577747
I like that Soundwave even though I'm not a fan of Bayformers. What does he even Transform into? I can't remember.
>>
>>8577786
The show has a lot of underlying plot points that become importand and relevant; it was very serialized for a kid's show in the 90s. I'd just try to tough it out if you can.
>>
File: bruticuscombinerwars.jpg (837 KB, 2048x1536)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
>>8577573
I'm sorry, but some figures are just pretty unlikable without proper articulation. This Bruticus was so dead without the upgraded hands and feet.
>>
>>8577793
>Bayformer Soundwave
Tentacle satellite, then Mercedes, then dead
>>
>>8577776
Hang in there anon. I like Warpath too. I also like Overlord, minus the waist articulation. It's a great treat to have, but I don't find myself really using it for toys that have it, so I'm fine with him even if he might be a brick by modern standards. I usually like minibots and am used to the basic articulation, them all being deluxes would hurt my wallet but I wouldn't mind the extra size and posability.
>my hands are too shaky, anyways
Are you okay, anon..?
>>8577786
Just watch while you're eating or have nothing better to do. Went back to watch Terrorsaur clips and I saw some drone get blasted into triangles and polygons, try to enjoy it for what it is.
>>8577793
Are there any actual deal-breakers for lack of articulation on certain bots..? Binging on micromasters, now I'm just thankful if they can remain standing...
>>
File: 20201121_145527_Film1-1~2.jpg (534 KB, 2560x1084)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
There is room for all kinds, anons.
Even trash.
>>
>>8577802
>get away from her you bitch
>>
>>8577779
Fuck me, you're right.
>>8577786
I recommend pushing through it, as >>8577796 says. It's one of those shows that had to figure itself out as it was airing, and its reputation really doesn't do its early episodes any favors.
>>
File: IMG_20201104_120745.jpg (564 KB, 2145x1382)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
>>8577798
>then dead
The final transformation for us all, anon.

>>8577799
>Are there any actual deal-breakers for lack of articulation on certain bots..?
I mean, probably. I'd say a neck joint, but l love the fuck out of Downshift even though he's missing that. My thing with articulation is that it's a floating scale; it really needs to be assessed on a toy-by-toy basis. Some dudes make me yawn if they don't have a neck or bicep swivel, and sometimes a figure can be literally nothing but a slab with two shoulder joints and I'll have a blast with it.
>>
>>8577787
Is his dick guaranteed to break or is this just a one-batch design flaw that poors use as a cope for not being able to afford the figure?
>>
>>8577799
Man, Overlord looks fantastic but I never got around to buying him. I've gotta pick and choose my purchases carefully.

>Are you okay, anon..?
For the most part, just have a bit of an unsteady hand and a perfectionist slant when taking pictures.
>>
>>8577814
I am assuming you are loving Target movie Armorhide. He's a real fun Scout class toy. Glad you are enjoying him, Artfireanon.
>>
>>8577549
>>8577557

thank you
>>
What's everyone's favourite bad toy? Something objectively meh but still subjectively loved?
>>8577814
>a (You) from Artfire-anon
Awawa
>I'd say a neck joint
Wh-who doesn't have a ne-
>l love the fuck out of Downshift even though he's missing that
Aww!
>Some dudes make me yawn
Is that also/moreso bc of character or design? Or are you talking purely about articulation? I mean, no neck and no waist would mean he has to walk in place to turn...
>sometimes a figure can be literally nothing but a slab with two shoulder joints and I'll have a blast with it.
Whom? Like, the targetmastery guys/small boys?
>tfw talking about posability, but just keep them in default standing poses and in their altmodes when they sleep
I'm not very good...
>>8577816
>Overlord looks fantastic but I never got around to buying him. I've gotta pick and choose my purchases carefully.
Wanted Sixshot but was poor and missed him, Overlord was on clearance and I got him and he was alright. Think he was still cheap after, even in the States, might be worth czeching out.
>slant
Then it's not perfect, is it??
>For the most part
Hope you're better and comfy soon, fren!
>>
>>8577815
My friend has had his since release and there have yet to be any problems. Youtube reviewer Bobby Hong established a crotch watch for his and will let us know if it happens to him. I'm feeling at ease enough to finally buy one for myself.
>>
File: IMG_20200513_021215.jpg (311 KB, 1208x914)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>8577797
Combiners are a bit different, I'll agree that good articulation can really make or break them, especially since they're usually laden with other compromises. Plus it usually helps with stability.
>>
File: IMG_20201103_184829.jpg (1.08 MB, 3064x2105)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>8577826
>Is that also/moreso bc of character or design? Or are you talking purely about articulation?
Again, it's hard to separate, because yeah, if a toy is truly amazing in terms of style and overall wow-factor, I can pretty much always overlook some weak articulation. But a good example of articulation making me lose interest in a toy would be like the Combiner Wars legends class seekers. I've always loved the Guido Guidi design that they used, and Thundercracker is one of my favorite 'Cons, but his lack of neck joint really kind of slammed the brakes on a lot of fun poses, so he ended up tossed in a drawer more often than not.
>Whom? Like, the targetmastery guys/small boys?
Yeah, basically. But even in terms of old g1 dudes, I'm fine with a big unposeable brick if it's charming.

My ultimate point is that unlike many other figures, Transformers do a lot more than just posing, so using articulation as a finite guideline for quality is a bit silly.

>>8577822
Thanks anon! Yeah, Armorhide just pushed all of my buttons at once. He's easily in my top 5 favorite figures of all time; he's so stout and loveable. And being so small, I can tell he's one of those toys that is basically going to be on my desk forever.
>>
>>8577786
I think it would be better to stick with it from the beginning and watch it build.
>>
>>8577786
The odds are you won't like the rest either, because there isn't a huge gap in quality between the three seasons, with just the second half of season two being exceptional.
>>
>>8577776
Lol ragin.
>>
File: IMG_20201121_153753.jpg (2.59 MB, 4816x2136)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>8577826
>What's everyone's favourite bad toy? Something objectively meh but still subjectively loved?
I haven't posted about him in a long while so I had to take some new pics, but I think we'll all agree that '07 movie legends Starscream is some objectively utter shit. But I love him. I got this version in some TRU pack, the clear plastic and detailed paint are supposed to represent him reformatting into his Earth alt mode, I guess? The robot mode is garbage, the transformation is laughably incomplete, and the weird joints and sculpting on his arms and hands make him look like he's always singing an opera or doing "Italian hand talking", if you know what I mean. He can barely stand on his janky chicken legs, and he's got this weird hole in his jet mode in a half-hearted attempt to let his cockpit show through his torso and it doesn't work at all.

Conversely, the ostentatious "reformatting" paint job is actually exceedingly well done and looks really nice, which just makes it all the more hilarious that it's splattered onto this ugly pig of a toy. The ball joints on the wingtips and the arms just hiding beneath the tailfins are just perfect, and the fact that this thoroughly botched toy transforms into such a thoroughly botched plane as the F-35 is thematic icing on the cake.

I'll never get rid of this charming piece of shit.
>>
>>8577833
Love my CW combiners, but most of the torsobots really could've used leader class budgets for stronger ratchets and dedicated hand feet.
>>
>>8577833
>cant hold weapon
Wow I see why they're so pricey.
>>
>>8577773
Megatron's shaky characterisation is a direct result of the show lacking direction in the first season. If it wasn't for awkward attempts by Predacons to usurp leadership, BW Megatron in season 1 would easily be remembered as a comedy relief. Perhaps it's for that reason why he was voiced by Shigeru Chiba, not really known for his serious villains, in the Japanese version. Same applies to Tarantulas, whose mad scientist persona was constantly going back and forth from an actual threat to merely a punchline.

Dinobot's arc in the Beast Wars was the biggest disappointment for me while rewatching it. Everyone remember him for the Code of Hero, but outside that he was just an asshole without much going for him. His shift from a prick constantly butting heads with Rattrap into a conflicted hero out of Shakespeare is almost comical. I still liked him, but he's definitely overrated.

But Tigatron is hands down the most underrated BW character, almost single-handedly carrying big part of season 1. The way he was later handled seems almost like a fanfic, as though someone at Hasbro just hated the character.
>>
>>8577652
Only 90s kids remember the dinosaurs
>>
File: IMG_20200508_194734.jpg (298 KB, 1134x934)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>8577902
It ain't that hard.
>>
>>8577898
Something doesn't look right about that Onslaught, is there some third party kit that makes the legs not shit?
>>
>>8577922
As long as it's within 45 degrees to the ground.
>>
File: Racial Slur.jpg (224 KB, 1280x720)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>8577853
>if a toy is truly amazing in terms of style and overall wow-factor, I can pretty much always overlook some weak articulation
Yep yep, that's how it is with me and Overlord and Warpath. Weirdly enough I like having Doublecross displayed and dusty in dragon mode (extinct in the 90s), can't/don't really do much with him otherwise. Same with Krok's alligator mode.
>seekers, loved the design and character
But they look so cool..
>drawer purgatory
Oh no... be sure to fish him out and love him now and then, okay? He's still a seeker doing his best, seeking what's most valuable to him - your love and affection!
>I'm fine with a big unposeable brick if it's charming.
You're charming!
>Transformers do a lot more than just posing
Some guys I keep in boring poses as I've said, but I love transforming them back and forth now and then. Posability > transformation probs, but they're pretty close.
>>8577889
>legends Starscream is some objectively utter shit
I don't have him, but he does look nice.
>supposed to represent him reformatting
Or he's loaded with energon and power!
>always singing an opera or doing "Italian hand talking"
Maybe that's his character! But holy moly that's a lot of flaws...
>botched in both modes
Oh...
>I'll never get rid of this charming piece of shit.
Glad to hear it, chief! He's happy to have you. Why not introduce him to your good friend Thundercracker..?
>>8577916
Ahahaha I hate this, hahaha thank you anon, I smiled.
>>
File: 20201121_142328.jpg (541 KB, 1281x1500)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>8577853
He's a great little guy and I'm having fun with mine too. An' I hate to bring up articulation gripes in this thread again but it's just that unlike a lot of other guys at his size Armorhide doesn't have ball jointed knees, which means he's missing out on a swivel would add a lot of dynamism to his posability.
The ball jointed head does add quite a bit of personality though.
>>
>>8577929
That's just CW Motormaster's legs.
>>
>>8577949
That's what it looked like, but I was genuinely hoping otherwise. I have a UW Bruticus just buried under shit because I hate it so much. Onslaught is legit the worst TF I've ever handled, those legs are awful and it didn't help that mine had a huge QC issue.
>>
>>8577769
No one here has it yet?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1605995241941.jpg (182 KB, 720x1072)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
Some fucker on FB
>>
File: Bumblebee crying.jpg (184 KB, 700x556)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>8577961
Wasn't supposed to tell you, but Bee said he thinks you're weird and doesn't want to be with you. He thinks you're mean and scary. But maybe wait a bit and see what happens.
>>>8577968
>FB
A mean and scary place.
>>
>>8577968
A reviewer, I guess. Did Hasbro do this before? I remember some sites getting toys but not the entire first wave.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1605995455058.jpg (50 KB, 540x960)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>8577929
Custom hips, Onslaught has no modification, he just wraps his legs around the T, now it has better knees, hips and even a working waist swivel.
>>
>>8577968
>legends is back
finally, all of those voyagers look soulless as hell like their shitty titans
>>
>>8577905
I really don't understand how Beast Wars was so beloved in Japan when the first season was all they received of it.
>>
>>8577999
They got all seasons, S1, then BWII, then NEO, then Metals 1 and 2 (S2 and S3). It was Beast Machines didn't get released over there until 2005 (Beast Wars Returns).
>>
>>8578009
Oh, my source must have been misinformed.
>>
>>8578010
There must have been some confusion with newer shows. Prime and RID had some seasons cut in Japan. The Beast Hunter portion of Prime wasn't dubbed (replaced with GO) and RID didn't get the Combiner/last season.
>>
>>8577905
He wasn't really incompetent or anything, they just really didn't use him very much at all. I believe they always knew what they wanted to do with him (the pilot showcases him right out the gate as melodramatic, sadistic and someone who values cleverness and cunning), he just didn't get up to much outside of running and gunning for a while.
>>
>>8578038
The show kinda address it by having him delegate to his subordinates, and flying was also a huge deal in early BW, something he couldn't do until later on. When he loses most of a good chunk of his subordinates, and few others start breaking off, he took a more active roll out of necessity. I'm assuming the actual reason for him not doing much was the writers not wanting Megatron to come off as a loser, which is what happened with the G1 version after getting his butt kicked for almost the entire show.
>>
File: IMG_20201121_173206.jpg (1.62 MB, 3363x2159)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>8577935
You made me take them off my shelf and combine them just to prove you wrong, so congrats, I guess. This is actually easier than the 45 degree angle because you can just turn the arm sideways and lock all the joints.
>>
>>8577975
The last time I remember them doing it with an entire wave was age of extinction in 2014. Other than that, it’s been a lot of BotBots mailers for some reason.
>>
>>8577968
>2018 legends wasn’t selling so we changed it
>2020 the micros weren’t selling so we changed it back
>>
>>8577961
Got pushed back to December 15th but some are reporting a massive amount pushed back to Jan 2021. Seems the Factory shutdowns in the fall fuck up a lot of the exclusives
>>
>>8578069
I will tell you straight up that this is not normal or expected of this set. I also own it and the thing has very iffy combiner port ratchets and the hip ball-joints that make up the arms cannot hold the weight of any of the team members in gun mode. I got lucky and escaped the cracked hand/foot ports on some of them but the set is genuinely less stable than Bruticus and about on par with any of the truck torsos without the PE upgrade kit and hands/feet.
>>
>>8578044
That would make sense.
>>
>>8578069
>just turn the arm sideways and lock all the joints.
Ah so you cheated.
>>
>>8578069
You're pretty good at hiding weak parts and ugliness of the toys you own, wallsocket-anon. That's unironically a nice skill to have.
>>
>>8578091
>I will tell you straight up that this is not normal or expected of this set.
I know it isn't, but all it takes is like 5 minutes of tinkering and a little brain power to figure out how to make it work. I used floor polish to tighten up the ball joints on the arm-bots (which honestly I don't know how any TF fan lives without a bottle of that stuff, weak joints are a constant QC issue) and you can lock the shoulder ratchet in any position by collapsing Lobclaw's head-hinge inward against it. Really though, I can't see any reason why using the sideways arm method wouldn't work right out of the box, no special tricks were required for that. The trickiest part is finding a pose to offset the awkward weight distribution, but it's not hard.

>>8578101
Ah, so you've moved the goalposts again.

>>8578109
Thanks! I don't like to think of it as hiding the weak points, but rather accentuating the strong points. I've been thinking about getting a nicer faceplate for that wall socket, though.
>>
This guy looking slick
>>
>>8578120
>>
>>8578118
Lol your such a tryhard.
>>
File: IDW-221-010.jpg (384 KB, 1186x1800)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
You are in charge of expanding the cast of the new Beast Wars project. The story is starting from a scratch, so Transmetals and Fuzors are not recommended, but could be added down the line. Which toy-onlys do you throw into the Beast Wars?
>>
File: Cybershark 1.jpg (1.11 MB, 1944x2592)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>8578129
>Which toy-onlys do you throw into the Beast Wars?
Cybershark because I love his face.
>>
>>8576636
no one cares about Terrorsaur, jesus christ. He was a Starscream wannabe that the writers nixed after the first season because they realized Tarantulas filled that role far better.

The only reason you faggots care about Terrorsaur is he was your first (and in some cases only) Beast Wars toy because he was one of the cheapest and your parents didn't think you were worth any more than that
>>
>>8578181
Cybershark is a fucking classic, love him and wish I still had mine.
>>
>>8578202
I don't know why specifically he got so expensive on the aftermarket
>>
>>8578129
My nigga SPITTOR!

Although it's difficult to improve upon perfection.
>>
>>8578209
I swear he was a short pack, because I never saw one in the wild.
>>
>>8578181
>>
File: 1473429753970.png (18 KB, 236x263)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>8578209
>$75 for complete loose
Goddamn it I should have re-bought him years ago when I get the chance.

It's 'cause he's good and he has a loose connection to Sky-Byte. Also hammerhead sharks in general are just real fucking cool.
>>
>>8578199
I don't care about Terrorsaur as a character, but I want as many prehistoric animals as possible. Simple as that.
>>
Thought he'd be taller.
>>
>>8578120
Sandstorms out already? From what site?
>>
>>8578239
I think his robot mode is cool too.
>>
>>8578209
>>8578222
I'm the one who posted Cybershark and I didn't know about his aftermarket price, color me surprised.
>>
>>8578215
>>8578222
>>8578268
His price has always been sort of inflated to my recollection. I don't think I've seen a (complete) Cybershark going for less than 50 bucks on eBay ever.
>>
>>8578258
Gamestop apparently started releasing it.
>>
>>8577905
Agree with you about Dinobot his code of honor is actually quite pathetic once you realize he's literally the only Predacon that thinks like that.

At least Vegeta doesn't have any other Saiyan survivers to call him out on his chilvaric bullshit
>>
>tfw was taking photos for you guys but broke something
a
>>
File: Capture.png (562 KB, 626x475)
562 KB
562 KB PNG
>>8578313
>>
>>8578303
Dinobots code of honor kinda reminded me of Worf's from Star Trek. It may have been a thing at some point, but it didn't matter, his comrades didn't follow it. It's why I didn't mind it too much, he had an idealized version of Predacon that didn't exist, it's too bad the show didn't do anything with it.
>>
File: file.png (1.63 MB, 1008x756)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>8578314
W-well, here I go...
Was watching J-Decker and decided to make poor Soundbarrier (renamed Safeguard) as a part of the rescue patrol, renamed Safeguard. Felt bad he'd be left behind, so came up with this mode (he can summon/dispel his energy shield/rescue ramp at will), serving as a platform thingy for Red Hot should any headmasters or Kreons need to sit there. Figured out either a boom-box or smol guns/missiles for Stakeout too, haven't decided what those port-things are yet.
>>
>>8578313
Shit, been there man, I was taking photos of Fortress holding the real gear camera bot and Cerebros slip (wasn't plugged as he was "looking down to the camera") and broke on its base/ cerebros neck.
>>
File: file.png (1.74 MB, 1008x756)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>8578320
Was trying to retake this photo without a crayon but with the ladder extended, was literally thinking "oh, I better warn /tfg/ about being careful about his transparent plastic legs, there were stress marks already", felt a plop, and had a sinking feeling... A buddy's recommending krazy glue but my impatience tells me to try with gorilla glue and ruin yet another toy. Might buy krazy tomorrow after church if stores are open...

Anyway... their rescue thing for either putting out fires or rescuing baddies from the mortal coil is this. Stakeout's aiming/commanding while being a counterbalance weight thing, Red Hot's attached to Soundbarrier.

>>8578325
H-holy shit, that's a more costly accident than mine, I'm sorry... was it salvageable..?
>>
File: file.png (1.74 MB, 1008x756)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>8578330
Was having a cheery two days instead of wanting to cry, felt it wind down so wanted to do something fun... Here's a pic I promised, two buddies neglected or unloved by the fans, having fun together. They're colleagues and mentor/mentee and general/successor in crayola world, not sure about Generations/chug though. I want to fucking cry, poor Soundbarrier...
>>
having fun with rattrap
>>
>>8578344
You bought one off ebay?
>>
>>8578346
no
>>
>>8578352
I think the only thing hurting this bot is her monotone color scheme. I suppose she is made of fossils so I'm not sure what else they could have done, but maybe there'll be a wacky, baseless repaint in neon pink, blue, and silver? A man can dream.
>>
>>8578366
all of the wave 1 core class are quite nice
>>
>>8577665
Yes it has been. Scored today. No Voyagers though. Store got in 2 cases of deluxes.
>>
File: file.png (1.17 MB, 816x612)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>8578338
I want to fucking die
>>
>>8578129
Wolfang and Manterror
>>
>>8576556
For the price hike for extra painted cardboard. Ill take it. She was one of my favorite toys in middle school.and incorporating the wings like a seeker or angel mode is pretty cool. I'm just wondering how the beast mode will look. Will it be off like BA or will all the legs and arms tuck in better. Dinobot I'm not worried about, he's such a favorite there is no way they would find a way to fuck him up.
>>
>>8578381
Did you get Bumblebee? Mind telling us if it has any rubber like some post in Turtle Fondler Wisconsin chapter?
>>
>>8578181
Holy shit, I had him and forgot about it somehow. Easily the coolest Maximal. I hate Maximals as a rule. They're kind of cheating by pilfering a blatant Predacon shoe-in design.
>>
>>8576591
Man that was a great Batman. The Batman and robin was pretty good too.
>>
File: breakage.jpg (207 KB, 940x834)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>8578330
>was it salvageable
It just looks bad up close.
>>
>>8578388
I modified mine to prevent breakage, still annoyed that I can't modify the legs so it can get 90 degree forward motion since the forward hips would need shaving and I don't want them to look like shit.
>>
>>8576556
looks fine
>>
spooky
>>
>>8578344
>>8578352
>>8578373
Who has them early?
>>
What do I do for this poor guy., plamo general's suggesting drills and pins, sounds like it'd be something that'd crack it or that I'd mess up with..
>>8578410
Ahhh... that'd bother me, but literal 1mm paint chips do so too. Maybe if it bothers you when you look at or notice it, you could just say that it was a crash that happened in a failed combination. Watching J-Decker and that sometimes happens when they didn't have enough friendship or bravery. Um, I hope it's not too big a bother, I know how some people can be, myself included..
>>8578412
How did you prevent breakage? It was the forward motion that did it I think, there's that little *bump* kinda thing that happens against the torso.
>>
>>8577493
Yeah he's just as terrible as flywheels. I hope everyone enjoys more G1 megatanks instead. Dumb assholes.
>>
>>8578419
me
>>
>>8578423
I shaved off the pressure bits from the plank section since the stress would eventually snap it, and the back of the hips was shaved off so it could move without bumping into the plank section. Now it can transform without worry of it snapping due to pressure from the plank or torso.
>>
>>8578429
flywheels is fun tho
>>
>>8577538
>gen selects grimlock slaps your shit
You know its coming and I had to buy that fucker because I couldn't find dinobot after I started watching beast wars.
>>
>>8578434
I was being sarcastic on the internet, sorry. He's going to be the best tankformer we've gotten. I can't wait to get the lil fucker.
>>
>>8578436
Not sure if I'll want it, I'm so used to that nice mutant velociraptor look in The Gathering, I don't think a voyager with a white velociraptor alt mode will satisfy me.
>>
>>8578423
>hope it's not too big a bother
It is, that was a SDCC Fort... but then I got lucky and found a loose Cerebros on facebook, now I have 2 Cerebros with both heads and just keep the undamaged one as Fortress while the injured one chill in chibimode.
>>
>>8578431
Are the arms the pvc plastic or rubber shit? I saw ham hands rip its head off, then again he probably
asphyxiated on burger king pokeballs as a kid.
>>
>>8578442
Oh I can't wait, gen selects has shit out some gold like powerdashers and rotor storm. Plus the upcoming sky linx expansion pack.
>>
>>8578417
Have a photo from her back, curious if she has.. her 5mil port expossed, where her tail/whip plugs in beastmode.

need the info for lewd art.
>>
>>8578455
they’re hard plastic
only rubber parts are the head, back panel and tail
>>
>>8578417
Nevermind, found it, it points down.. still can be used.
>>
>>8578463
>>
>>8578465
Thanks bro, its no transmetal 2s but the boneformers scratch that itch. I wish they'd done more BW style artwork, but ill take it. Beats soi Cheetos fromnearly beast machines.
>>
>>8578467
Im boney Im boney
Leave me ALONEY!
>>
>>8578254
Dunno why
Three out of four cyclonus molds are that size
>>
>>8578465
Who has rubber, Vertebreak?
>>
>>8578479
yea, vertebreak has a few rubber parts
>>
Terrorsaur was my favorite...
>>
>>8578485
Shit, I was on the fence, guess I'll skip it. Thanks for telling us.
>>
File: Bumblebee do not want.jpg (100 KB, 349x405)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>8578433
>pressure bits from the plank section
?
>stress would eventually snap it
??
I only heard about shaving the front of the thighs, I don't know what else is happening... The clip that's on his butt and goes around the pin/middle of the ramp snapped off already, but I tried to enjoy his liberation as play value instead, since it allowed him to swing his legs back. I'm so sorry Soundbarrier..

>>8578449
Oh dear... Oh uh, but you found another one!
>keep the undamaged one as Fortress while the injured one chill in chibimode
Um, please don't neglect your old injured one either. It's been a loyal friend to you and has been through a lot, hopefully you find fun ways to play with him as a standalone guy.
>tfw literally gonna tear up thinking about loved or neglected children's toy robots
>>
>>8578487
I honestly wouldn't have believed you, but I just saw someone on another forum state that the Transmetal toy designs were bad, and that retroactively made every other off-the-wall BW opinion seem normal to me.
>>
>>8578503
Sorry.
>>
Is there a cure for ham hands? I have enormous hands and can't really help that. My fingers are long and slender, at least. I've never been an ace at transforming these fuckers, but I have no memories of actually breaking one ever.
>>
>>8578503
Only worse opinion is that Fuzors were bad.
>>
>>8578199
>>8578487
I forgot to respond to this.. Terrorsaur was probs my favourite Predacon too. Red is the best colour, and he was the right amounts of menacing, traitorous, and incompetent. Kind of like a Starscream before I knew about Starscream (but learned about him thanks to that one VHS). Tarantulas is pretty great, but he has plots and lore stuff, whereas if you wanted a simple scheme or a coup, Terrorsaur was your guy. His shrieks were terrifying and endearing, I really hope he gets a good figure. Legends would be affordable but a deluxe would make him pretty intimidating. (I mostly buy legends and deluxes...) might get his poor death-buddy Scorponok too, who knows.

Umm was going to say something like "he's my favourite because someone put springs in him" or something, but I never got to own him and I'm too sad to make jokes
>>
>>8578503
While I don't consider Terrorsaur my favorite or even entertainment character, I liked his toy. It gave off that simplicity that I liked from the Cyberjets, and the Machine Wars Megatron and Dirge molds.
>>
>>8578508
You don't have to apologize for being deaf. You're lucky you can't hear him. His robot design is pretty cool looking. You'd like Prime's Knockout, probably.
>>8578510
Injector was my fucking favorite and to this day I'm upset he was never in the show.
>Aquasting
>>
>>8578509
Pick up some modeling clay and mold shit by hand. You'll learn pressure control and precise finger movement. Maybe you'll even learn how to sculpt. Mostly it's just not rushing a transformation and stopping if you feel too much resistance.
>>
>>8578520
That sounds very helpful, thank you. I'm mostly paranoid about breaking my incoming MP Beast Megs. I've heard there's a bit that demands carefully applied super strength in the transformation, on top of his crotch problems that were apparently never fixed.
>>
File: bwbboomweapon.jpg (80 KB, 512x495)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>
>>8578517
at least he gets a got spotlight in BWNeo
>>
>>8578509
Ham hands means having big meaty claws and being stupid with your toys. If you don't have stubby little sausage fingers, you've got the right equipment, I think.
>>
>>8578473
Thanks.

>>8578477
Rough sketch already on the Tf thread on /trash/.

>>8578498
>don't neglect your old injured one either
He spends time with his deluxe headmaster budies.
>>
>>8577968
Is the Leader Optimus a repack of Earthrise?
>>
>>
>>
>>8578541
Who the hell is that in the top left?
>that Blackarachnia
Erection: TERRORIZE
>>
if i wasn’t so lazy i’d find him a tiny news paper to read
>>
File: 1601661673971.jpg (106 KB, 360x931)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>8578541
>>8578544
Kinda conflicted because I love what we did get, but man these deserve to exist in plastic too.
>>
>>8578538
Yes, the exact same toy with zero changes. The only "new" thing is less secure packing and a card (which other toys can have so don't worry about not getting a specific one).
>>
>>8578544
Tigatron deserved better. They should have randomly written Cheetor out instead.
>>
File: 1603469446697.gif (89 KB, 602x476)
89 KB
89 KB GIF
>>8577557
>>recently reading about how the effects parts can melt and damage figures.
>>remember how I've just been tossing them into boxes with figures willy nilly
>>
>>8578558
>Tossing them into boxes
Don't worry that's fin...

>With figures
WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE!?
>>
>>8578536
>He spends time with his deluxe headmaster budies.
Oh, I'm pretty glad. I think Cerebros was the actual guy in Headmasters, and fought with other buddies before sometimes going full Fortress. Um, can I see them together..? I could use something cheery.. Please don't break anything on the way, ha ha....
>>8578538
>>8578553
Would there be a good chance to have him shelfwarm? Picked up poor Siege Astrotrain at clearance/voyager prices, expecting him to go poorly for Earthrise, but either ER Prime does too, or Kingdom does because people already got him? I'm happy with Siege but wouldn't mind having a clean Earth Prime with a trailer, at voyager price.
>>8578558
It's probably stuff for an extended period of time, maybe store them separately from now on and just check the points of contact where you last tossed them. Your buds won't blame you, they know you didn't know!
>>
File: acmatsukaze1.jpg (125 KB, 640x427)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>8578548
ha! looks like an Armored Core
>>
>>8578199
My parents got me the deluxe Megatron because I loved T-Rex so much and that was my introduction to Transformers in general. I didn't even know there was a cartoon until I chanced upon it while channel surfing one day. And what a day it was.

MUNKY NOT TRUKK.
>>
File: 20201121_180056.jpg (1.61 MB, 3264x1836)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>8577754
It's a shame her alt mode is nothing, because she's fantastic otherwise

Also, yes. Pocket wife
>>
>>8578547
Unused Fuzor
>>
File: 1578599326479.png (262 KB, 711x643)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>8578558
>Threw RotF Bludgeon and Lockdown in the same box while moving.
>Remove them a week later.
>Bludgeon's treads wiped off a big chunk of Lockdown's roof paint.
>>
>>8578566
I've seen Prime on Ebay for 30, but I'm not sure if I'll get cheaper. Optimus is one of those guys who's toys rarely go full clearance, at best he'll be 20%. The Alt Universe Prime hit 35 a few days ago, and that's mostly due to it being a really niche figure that doesn't satisfy most people for different reasons.
>>
File: 1581685369546.jpg (193 KB, 926x567)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>8578588
>>
File: skyshadow.jpg (830 KB, 800x1138)
830 KB
830 KB JPG
>>8578547
>>8578588
Actually, the top left Fuzor looks like it may have been some early concept for Sky Shadow or Buzzclaw
>>
File: BW-toy_Buzzclaw.jpg (62 KB, 1000x340)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>8578602
Or maybe both
>>
File: blackarachTM.jpg (67 KB, 480x480)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
slightly better pic of that blackarachnia
>>
>>8578608
>someone actually thought this was an acceptable Hasbro toy design
God bless this idiot
>>
>>8578566
I don't remember which boxes they're in. I've been going through some figures in storage and found some but I don't know about the rest.
I'm also not sure about the best way to store. Im afraid keeping them together in a small plastic bag will wind up with a big ball of melted plastic.
>>
>>8578589
Yep, Bludgeon is in a box somewhere with figures too.
>>
>>8578608
The fact that this is significantly sluttier than the show model who was expressly based on an exotic dancer says all that needs to be said.
>>
>>8578589
I really need to get off the hobby and find something that isn't such a money hole like drugs or hookers.
>>
>>8578588
Looks like Primal
>>
>>8578624
It's not that it's sluttier, it's that this is straight up a normal women with mechanical bits here and there. Most of her parts are normal and look fleshy, while her head is just a normal woman's head with hair. It's just strange.

Still want a third party to make it.
>>
>>8578682
Are third party figures ever worth it? I've been eyeing that Transmetal II Megatron one. I'm very impressed with how durable and heavy it is.
>>
>>8578688
Depends on the toy and company. I recommend reading a LOT on the toy you want, since most reviewers for 3P are shit, and they'll neglect to mention any real flaws unless they're "this toy crumbles in your hands" bad.
>>
>>8578590
30 Cad or Usd...? At TRU it's just the entire price/classes that go on sale, e.g. Siege leaders went on clearance, and some were able to grab Magnus and Shockwave and not just Astrotrain.
>really niche figure that doesn't satisfy most people for different reasons.
I mean, you usually want your buddies to be vibrant and full of life... I wouldn't know whether I'd want a dead Prime at even deluxe price, it'd be too depressing...
>>8578617
Aaaaaaa
I believe in you, but uh, hope it works out!
I have one or two of these kind of boxes, smol plastic ones for screws and nails and etc, with dividers between them. Roughly the size to fit a few Lego guys or Kreons in there, probs good for effect parts. One box I have has removable dividers, so you could use several "cells" to store a longer effect. Might be worth a try.
>>
>>8578558
Melt?! Are you fuckers putting your figures in the attic?
>>
Core class Megs and screamer have been found in gamestops system, looks like pic related is real aside from the anon mislabeling deep cover as a selects.

https://www.gamestop.com/products/tra-gen-wfc-k-core-megatron/11110640.html?condition=New

https://www.gamestop.com/products/tra-gen-wfc-k-core-starscream/11110639.html?condition=New
>>
>>8578766
So Wingfinger must be a fossilizer?
>>
>>8578781
Yes, he's a pteranadon
>>
>>8578756
Certain types of soft plastic can have catastrophic consequences when left touching regular plastic. This isn't something that happens with all of them, but can cause issues like issues like melted plastics to stripping paint. High temperatures and Humidty can accelerate this process by A LOT, like this could happen in a normal area after leaving the parts on for a few months, while a high heat and humidity area could have the same effect in days.
>>
>>8578766
>Transmutate
>no Rampage
I don't really know what to say. This is like "Inferno, but the wrong one" again.
>>
>>8578129
>Which toy-onlys do you throw into the Beast Wars?
All of them.
>>
Are we all in agreement that any new Beast Wars project should just immediately make every character a Transmetal? I see no reason not to do this from an aesthetic or toy-centric standpoint. It objectively looks better and you get the vehicle parts thrown in.
>>
>>8578858
>and you get the vehicle parts thrown in.
Most of the time those were useless pieces of kibble and or looked ridiculous, while still being kibble that made their backpacks too heavy.
>>
>>8578858
I agree with this simply because I don't care for organic beastformers, but for those out there who seem to like them, it seems a shame to throw them under the bus.
>>
>>8578858
No! I like organic looking beasts. Save the Transmetals and Fuzors for the upgrades.
>>
>>8578868
>>8578873
What are some good-looking organic beasts? I was never really taken with one until the MP Megs. That admittedly looks really good.
>>
>>8578875
Megatron and Primal are pretty great. Inferno is up there, too.
>>
>>8578885
Oh, yes, Inferno is great. Bugs work because they're practically robots already. Primal looks fine in the show but the toys always look awkward to me.
>>
>>8578875
Silverbolt, Skyhammer and Airrazor still look better in beast than botmode.
>>
>>8578875
Well frankly quite a few of them were bad, but I don't care, nostalgia and all that. Beast Wars Neo had a lot of nice looking ones at the expense of being shellformers, for example, Big Convoy. I also think Generations Rhinox has a nice beast most.
>>
>>8578688
JX MetalBeast? I'm this close to putting that on my Christmas list. The only bad thing I've heard about it is that the paint is prone to chipping, which is kind of a baffling problem for a figure I hear is so well engineered to suffer from. You make a transformer that can survive a top shelf fall and skip out on the paint job?
>>
>>8578254
There are a shit-ton more Kingdom pics on that site BTW:
https://tformers.com/transformers-kingdom-optimus-primal-wave-1-voyager-in-hand-images-preview-gallery/39302/news.html
https://tformers.com/transformers-kingdom-megatron-wave-1-leader-in-hand-images-preview-gallery/39304/news.html

https://tformers.com/transformers-kingdom-optimus-prime-wave-1-leader-in-hand-images-preview-gallery/39303/news.html
https://tformers.com/transformers-kingdom-cyclonus-wave-1-voyager-in-hand-images-preview-gallery/39305/news.html
https://tformers.com/transformers-kingdom-warpath-wave-1-deluxe-in-hand-images-preview-gallery/39313/news.html
https://tformers.com/transformers-kingdom-blackarachnia-wave-1-deluxe-in-hand-images-preview-gallery/39314/news.html
https://tformers.com/transformers-kingdom-cheetor-wave-1-deluxe-in-hand-images-preview-gallery/39315/news.html
https://tformers.com/transformers-kingdom-paleotrex-wave-1-deluxe-in-hand-images-preview-gallery/39316/news.html
>>
>>8578254
Modern diet is stunting bots’ growth.
>>
>>8578965
Preds
>>
>>8578965
Ah, yes, my favorite Beast Wars character, the firetruck.
>>
>>8578984
There's an undead Megatron too?
>>
>>8578984
Maxies
>>
>>8578987
Dry Megatron?
>>
>>8578993
Is regular Megatron...Wet Megatron?
>>
>>8578985
What does the fire-department due were you live with trucks like those?
Stand around and watch houses as they burn down?
>>
>>8579000
You mean to tell me Robot Jesus was not a firetruck the entire time?
>>
>>8578553
Doesn't he have the silver face now?
>>
>>8578997
Why does piranha-plant have bones?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VPY9R_yyiEM
>>
>>8579000
Oh god, they’ve joined forces!
>>
>>8579009
They do have a truce, after all.
>>
>>8579009
They’re communicating.
(I’ve never actually watch Jurassic World)
>>
>>8579009
They have an unusual relationship. I always got the impression Megs was really into the idea of Primal as his great nemesis, while Primal just really didn't want anything to do with him in turn.
>>
>>8579009
I like the figures a lot but man do they have a ton of gaps in them.
>>
>>8579015
>When a Predicon asks for a ceasefire, it means he needs a cycle to reload.
>>
>>8579026
>>8579019
Yeah, that pretty much sums up their dynamic pretty well.

Almost feels like an inverse of how it was between Op and Megs in Animated.
>>
>>8578959
Go for it. It's enormous, cold, and heavy. So satisfying just to hold. Transforming it feels like assembling a car.
>>
>>8579034
Didn’t something like this actually happen in one of the Japan only shows?
>>
Kingdom Paddles when
>>
File: Enzyte.png (30 KB, 86x119)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>8579026
>Weak crotch, Maximal? What are you prattling about?
>>
>>8578971
This is the same sort of thing I was commenting on with the Hoists.
NewWP might be a technically superior toy, what with the added articulation, but GenWP just looks cooler.
>>
>>8578840
Gen selects are just repaints, so probably a paleotrex repaint
>>
File: 1413469122473.jpg (97 KB, 280x338)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>8578766
>*another* voyager Starscream
>>
>>8579019
Beast megatron was completely obsessed with the idea that it was his destiny to be the next megatron
Without an optimus, it's pointless.
It was juxtaposed to primal who's title indicated he should be the next Optimus, but was more concerned with doing his job and taking care of his people
>>
>>8579064
My problem is that I don't have a nemesis. Really need to do something about that. Why was some random Maximal named Optimus Primal, anyway? The punny names never really make any sense in-universe, but that's a step too far. I guess it's like the Hispanic name Jesus.
>>
>>8579063
Rerelease of Earthrise Starscream
>>
>>8579071
Didn't we have a leaked listing for a SS86 Screamer or was that for the Bumblebee one?
>>
>>8579072
The 86 is supposed to be a leaderclass. Supposedly comes with coronation peces plus other stuff
>>
>>8579076
I can't imagine it would be a rerelease of the same inner robot, especially if Kingdom is doing just that. And I really doubt that there's already a new G1 Seeker mold. Maybe a Deadscream with both living and dead coronation pieces? Or maybe just the dead ones and some rando release like Blackout will get the purple coronation stuff?
>>
File: bigfatretardboy.jpg (82 KB, 600x455)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Please help me will a new generations Fat Cosmos figure into existence.
>>
>>8579080
At the very least I imagine it'll come with the skywarp screaming face
>>
>>8579036
Maybe the Robot Masters shorts?
>>
>>8579088
You do that. I'm going to will in a swole Cosmos to go with Universe Powerglide and HftD Seaspray
>>
File: beefwave.jpg (85 KB, 498x512)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>8579096
>I'm pulling together a team.
>>
>>8579096
Wasn't there going to be a titanum cosmos like that?
>>
>>8579096
Gonna need a beefcake Warpath to go with that team
>>
>>8578971
>Warpath (left) and Cybertron mode Razorbeast (right)
>>
>>8578608
Someone. Somehow, thought this was an good toy pitch. Fucked up and we ended up with TM2 BA with removable bra.
>>
Why did everyone in the show automatically and independently know what a Transmetal was
>>
>>8579154
Quantum Surge. I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>8578971
I still like generations warpath more, but I'll still pick up Kingdom if I see him in the wild.
>>
>>8579121
Holy shit, cannot unsee.
>>
>>8579258
>Have you picked out an earth mode yet, Razorbeast?
>I was thinking this, it's called a puma
>...what in Cybertron's name is a PUMA!?
>>
File: da cheeta.jpg (1.24 MB, 2000x2000)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
What are y'all's thoughts on R.E.D. Cheetor? Personally I couldn't be happier. Something about the tweaked proportions, the colours, everything about him seals him for me. Definitely picking him up the second I see him. I don't even care that he doesn't transform.
>>
>>8579168
I'm probably only gonna pick up Kingdom Warpath if I feel some sort of itch to repaint him. Gen. Warpath is the way to go for me.
>>
>>8579267
>Cheetor
Why.
>>
>>8579270
Why not?
>>
>>8579274
He's a low tier character. Not the worst, but I don't believe he ever inspired a positive thought in me. Neutral at his best.
>>
>>8579275
Fair opinion. For a kid appeal character, he managed to strike me in a good light for whatever reason.

Guess the cat got my tongue haha
>>
>>8579279
I liked Tigatron more. Writing him out and bringing him back to kill him was probably the weirdest thing the show did.
>>
>>8579281
Tigatron was epic. Although, speaking of him, I can't wait to see more images of, and then get my hands on Airazor. One of my favourite characters from the show.
>>
>>8579267
He's the first RED figure so far that doesn't make me wish for the extinction of the human race so that's pretty good. Maybe they made sure he was good so people could buy him instead of the nasty Kingdom Cheetor.
>>
>>8579283
I wish they'd sell the figures before Christmas. Perfect opportunity wasted. I've always been a Megatron guy, and a Predacon guy. It works out perfectly because reptiles, arthropods, and amphibians are my favorite animals, while I disdain mammals in comparison.
>>
>>8579285
I feel that haha

Kingdom Cheetor looks awkward as hell. The colours, especially that blue, are really outta wack.
>>
>>8579287
Kingdom Cheetor is definitely checklist material. It's better than the Universe figure for sure (which isn't hard) but Cheetor is just a hard character to do right in a constrained budget. Even the MP only barely manages to do it, the Cheetah mode is hokey as fuck.
>>
>>8579318
The cheetah mode is great. Nailed the look of the mode in the show. That's why we like the BW MPs, isn't it?
>>
File: shitmaster.png (42 KB, 1052x356)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>8578766
The best part wasn't even being right, but proving that one attention whore is full of shit.
>>
>>8578988
HE HAS NO GUN, HOW WILL HE SHOOT THEM
>>
>>8579400
Transmetal Cheetor existed as a toy first, right? The show had to get creative with his apparent lack of a gun?
>>
File: rampagetank.jpg (1.12 MB, 1500x1225)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>8576992
>>
>>8579402
All Transmetals had melee weapons only, with the exception of Optimus Primal's blunderbuss that shot studded maces.
>>
>>8579400
Laser eye beams
>>
>>8579408
god
I NEED IT
>>
Apparently the siege seeker is getting at least 1 more repaint next year. It's going to be part of a new subline that will be revealed in the nex few months. G2 Ramjet may also be a part o this line
>>
>>8579428
A line for dedicated G2 and SG repaints would be nice, but don't make it US store exclusive, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>8577968
Why did they change the maximal and predacon logos?
>>
File: VVLmUNH[1].jpg (117 KB, 800x612)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>8579436
They're hybrid logos that also have elements of the Autobot and Decepticon logos on them.
>>
>>8578965
Christ did they get their toddler to pose these?
>>
>>8579452
Worse, a shelver. Toddlers have imagination.
>>
>>8579415
You are forgetting Optimal Optimus, he still was a transmetal in that form.
>>
>>8577991
>Primal
>Soulless
>>
>>8578129
Shadow Panther as a Predacon spy amoung the Maximal forces, I don't think you get to see that too often since they normally opt for good faction spies in the villain faction.
Also I'd add Survive because he is cool.
>>
>>8578199
I just think he looks cool and I think it's funny how nobody takes him seriously unlike Starscream.
>>
>>8579443
That's pretty neat.
>>
File: terror.jpg (23 KB, 480x368)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>8578199
A lot of people like Terrorsaur, you'd be surprised. Even though he wasn't all that important to the grand scheme of the show he's got a lot of fans. Probably because his show design was fairly [spoiler]androgynous[/spoiler]
>>
>>8578858
No, personally I prefer organic beasts way more than transmetals
>>
>>8578984
>>8578988
B-bros I think transformers might actually be...good?
>>
>>8578858
>I see no reason not to do this from an aesthetic or toy-centric standpoint.
Because Beast Wars fans are now 30 or so year olds with money to waste on collectibles. That's why do CHUG Beast Wars now.
>>
File: starthink.png (197 KB, 378x378)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>8579479
Or people found his design similar to seeker.
>>
>>8578971
I maintain Generations Warpath would work great in a Siege display.
>>
>>8578971
Geez, I think I like >>8577057 more.
>>
File: Hotrodpatrolcommercial.jpg (227 KB, 568x429)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
am I the only one who really doesn't see the appeal of micromasters? I know it was a "trend" thing because of Micromachines, but they're really not much to consider past that.
>>
File: Fred_Spiral01.jpg (17 KB, 214x217)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>8579559
Working them into lore is just as dumb. I realize they were made to be "energy efficient", but it kinda fucks over the whole "Robots in disguise" thing both as a concept and in function.
>>
>>8579559
Robot midgets
>>
>>8579559
>>8579563
they smol
>>
>>8579563
I mean let's be real, "robots in disguise" works as a great tagline for a toyline but only works for the first episode of any fiction realistically. Unless every bot changed "disguises" every single episode before transforming it really doesn't make sense, it's just a catchy tagline and setup for the premise before it just becomes cool robot super heroes/villains who turn into cool shit.
>>
>>8578858
No way, organic alt modes is beast wars, it's the thing that made it unique at the time.
Transmetals are cool and I get the appeal but I think the organic modes were way better and skipping over them would be dumb.
>>
>>8579479
It's funny how Starscream possessed Waspinator instead of his direct expy.
>>
Forgive my ignorance, I'm pretty new to collecting TF. Is stuff like the Pulse exclusive Volcanicus just gone forever?
>>
>>8579603
No, they won't be gone forever if you buy them.
>>
>>8579604
I meant more along the lines of, it's sold out on Pulse. Do they normally restock after they've been released?
>>
File: 1585014808711.jpg (27 KB, 262x297)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>8579479

I like him a lot too, honestly he was probably the most fleshed out Predacon in season 1. a lot of episodes had his as some sort of plot point. from the energon storm producing teleports, finding the floating energon mountain and of course the betrayals.

his character arc was complete during the episode double Jeopardy, he finally got command of the darksyde, megatron let him command and he fumbled like they knew he would. all the predacons stepped back and nobody was willing to follow him.

ever since that episode, terrorsaur knew his place and never again tried to betray Megatron or scheme. he actually carried out his orders quite well.
>>
>>8579559
It means not every aircraft is a seeker repaint.
>>
>>8579478
It's packaging only, the actual toys still use the "regular" faction symbols.
>>8579559
Micromasters really only blossom when you take everything they sold together as a play pattern.
>it's tiny car with only swivel shoulders and can sit down? Meh?
>WOAH GIANT PLAYSET BASES AND THEY CAN CONNECT TOGETHER TO MAKE EVEN BIGGER PLAYSETS AND CITIES
Especially for the 80s era of the franchise, they offered something the brand just couldn't do. One could argue that they still do, since they play nicer with a Titan Class base mode than something like a Voyager Optimus or the like.
>>
>>8579603
Some of the pulse products are just imports of the japanese stuff. You can still find Volcanicus on other websites.
>>
>>8579559
I really dislike them, because they're pointless without bases and bases are pointless without them.
Headmasters are just as dumb, because half of alt-modes don't really have room for them and unified head design they enforce is boring.
Target/Battlemasters are okayish. They work as melee weapons, but that's it.
>>
>>8579402
All the original cast that got upgraded into Transmetal had their toys made first. Hasbro for some reason wanted to push the line to be melee centric which presumbably Mainframe had a hard time translating in the show. So they mess around and gave the bots vague way of using a supposedly close range weapon long range while others just uses a gun like Rattrap which was repurposed from his previous form.
>>
>>8579559
They really suck by itself. That's why Hasbro been forcing the Targetmaster gimmick because selling MIcromasters by itself with nothing else to stand out other than being small won't get a kid's interest. Plus it only works well in diorama with bases. I like Mini-cons as a result because they combine with both Autobots and Decepticons for interactive gimmick however intrusive it may be, no need for bases to serve its purpose. If the Mini-Con is also a Targetmaster then it wouldn't be half-assed like Micromasters and be like mounted weaponry, that's a huge bonus.
>>
Just so peeps is aware, there are a lot of places drive-by griefing /tfg/ and because you're all anon, they have been getting away with it. You're about to be flooded. Dunno what can be done about it, but just a heads up.
>>
>>8579559
>Personally, I kind of like the novelty of them.
That said, they were one of Hasbro's desperate, gimmick-driven attempts to keep Transformers relevant when the original line was dying.
>>
>>8579559
Minicons are better IMO, given they're essentially just Micromasters with better interaction with bigger figures and more interesting robot modes. But seriously, Minicons are cool.
>>
>>8579668
NANI?!?!
>>
New thread, transform and roll out!
>>8579682
>>8579682
>>8579682
>>
>>8579617
>It's packaging only, the actual toys still use the "regular" faction symbols.
That's pretty weak.
>>
>>8579668
Willis, WTF are you talkin bout?
>>
>>8579356
> tigatron wave 2 even though he would be manufactured in june/july despite a second wave already in production that lines up with the 4chan info
>>
>>8578338
>>8578330
>>8578320
What Show/Game is your mousepad from?
>>
>>8579615
One of the strangest aspects of the early episodes was the shaky "Energon" plot. They never actually showed anyone turning the raw Energon into something useful, and Terrorsaur getting a video game powerup from it was the only glimpse of why the Preds actually wanted it. Was Megatron's plan to just make them all supermen and personally sweep Cybertron like that? I really wish they'd figured out what they wanted from the story before they had to get it on the air.
>>
>>8579655
>Headmasters are just as dumb, because half of alt-modes don't really have room for them and unified head design they enforce is boring.
Plus it makes one question how the larger robot body works... Titan's Return made that the headline character but what do they do when they don't have a head?

>Target/Battlemasters are okayish. They work as melee weapons, but that's it.
>>8579663
>If the Mini-Con is also a Targetmaster then it wouldn't be half-assed like Micromasters and be like mounted weaponry, that's a huge bonus.
Yeah, though the Micromasters that transform into Military Vehicles can be handwaved; They'll probably have some type of molded in Weaponry by default and their scale down size can be explained as being RC Models.
>>
File: hunk.jpg (93 KB, 727x969)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>8579096
Mad respect for hunky lifeguard Seaspray, but a big ol fat Cosmos would still go well with HFtD 'Spray IMO
>>
>>8576894

Not a common problem on either figure.
Don't confuse internet hyperbole with reality.
In fact I hadn't heard of either until I came to this cess pit of a site.
>>
>>8577815
You hit the nail on the head.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.