[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 87 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Goldlet.jpg (390 KB, 1505x1025)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>Newly Released / Upcoming Releases
https://pastebin.com/jsaav8kB

>Lightning Collection Logbook
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hFB1kL_TdbAd7mCd2VQ1PsbE90J650W_bti5w9azKHI/edit?usp=sharing

>Archived threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/Power%20Rangers%20General%20/

Previous thread: >>8550712
>>
>>8575125
you are personally hurting me by making that the OP pic. this is what we deserve
>>
>>8575172
This is what PR fans get for having such low standards.
>>
>>8575172
Could be worse, you could be a GI Joe fan
>>
This is what we could've had if Hasbro wasn't pants on head retarded.
>>
Why did they do this? Why? I had dropped the rangers for all the QC issues. I was looking forward to these and they completely butchered them.
>>
File: 20201120_145359.jpg (3.37 MB, 4032x3024)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
So is it supposed to be white or silver?
>>
For all it's Flaws, I still enjoy the line. 19.99 for decent plastic reps of designs I love. It's a shame they're botching so much; especially when it comes to Paint apps.
>>
>>8575268
silver side white trim, why cant hasbro get this right.
>>
File: 20201120_150301.jpg (3.36 MB, 4032x3024)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
Heads up, A squad blue doesn't come with trigger fingers just the normal grip hands
>>
>>8575211
The new joes are MUCH better than these
>>
>>8575211
the 3.75? sure. the Classified line is great, though -- other than the distribution
>>
>>8575252
if they're done this from the start i wouldnt be pissed. monsters 8-inch, humans (including zedd so he scales with rita) putties and rangers at 6-inch, fine, it's not accurate to the show but everything still makes sense together. this is just stupid
>>
>>8575125
There's nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>8575125
Fucking Hasbro, man.
>>
>>8575352
bait
>>
>>8575172
They are going to make a Monster sized Goldar
>>
>>8575268
>continuously paint white helmet details silver
>start to paint silver detail white
This line is an unmitigated disaster.
>>
>>8575395
that'd be so scummy to do that.
>>
>>8575125
No.... this cant be true! Tell me its not!
>>
>>8575401
When has Hasbro not done that shit?

>release one Psycho Ranger as an exclusive and another in a two pack
>5 months later announce a Amazon 5 pack with no changes to those two already released figures

>all the $30 released Marvel Legends bafs as single carded/box

>GIJoe Target exclusives all being high demand figures
>>
>>8575401
Why would anyone even want a massive Goldar? This scale is stupid as fuck. The villains look good when they can be pitted against the Rangers as seen in the show. If you're gonna start to arbitrarily scale shit to some idealized size then why even make them look show accurate at all? This line boasts show accuracy and then does something stupid like this.
>>
I like the more imposing size. It's supposed to stand out on display with the 6 rangers, being a little bigger seems better to me.
>>
>>8575438
It stands out by being a fucking monster among 5 twinks in spandex you size queen faggot.
>>
How fucked am I if I want Lightning MM Red, Blue and Pink?
I managed to find Yellow and Black in store as well as Zedd and both Goldars
Also should I just wait for the single release MM Green? Or is the two pack better?
>>
>>8575277
That's the next Ranger on my list after the original MMPR. Love that Gold and Black design.

Did you take that pic with a phone or camera? Great quality!
>>
>>8575441
I'm sorry, they are too big for you. I'm sure that must be frustrating. Do you want some chikkie tendies and hunny mussie to go with all that autism?
>>
>>8575447
Red and Blue are easy to find. Pink you'll have to eBay unless you get lucky. I found mine at a walgreens.

mmpr green just released so he should be easy to find
>>
>>8575447
Red and Blue are doable in the US for retail or on sale (Red was $13.99 on Amazon like a week ago). Pink is shorted right now and costs $40 or more unfortunately.
I believe the main difference between two-pack MM Green, and single is the helmet.
>>
>>8575453
>it’s autism to not want an 8” figure to be the same size as a 6.5” figure, even though they were the same in the show
I guess when your standards are this low, you can drag any of us down to your level of stupidity and then beat us with experience.
>>
>>8575477
>sperg out because someone gives another opinion
>not autism

I wasn't even disagreeing, I was just saying I personally didn't mind it. You're the one all fucked up about it, so yeah. You're an autist.
>>
>>8575477
>I guess when your standards are this low
This is ultimately the problem. The immediate reaction to the scale of these was overwhelming ire across multiple websites. Then the shills start coming out of the woodwork saying "I don't mind it", "I like them being imposing", etc. If everyone could band together to tell Hasbro they fucked up we might be able to save future waves from this fate, but the low standard shills will ruin it for the rest of us, just like every other fuckup in this line that they make excuses for.
>>
I wouldn’t care so much about KS and PR being so tall if they’d already made other monsters like Goldar just as tall. I don’t care that they’re taller than the Rangers, and I don’t even care they’re taller than Zedd and Rita.
>>
>>8575125
You know why this happened? Fucking Hasbro knows we all use SHF for our Rangers and skip their shitty Rangers while using the villains as spot fillers, so they increased the scale by two inches so we'd have to buy their shitty Rangers just to have something that's CLOSER to being in scale (but still not in scale).
>>
>>8575268
oh my god what the fuck
>>
>>8575452
Thanks man, got intoToy Photography few months back.

Took it with my Canon Powershot x530 HS, got it refurbished from Canon themselves.
>>
So, when are we getting a Rito figure?
>>
>>8575714
Hopefully after they learn their lesson about this 8 inch fuckery.
>>
>>8575714
never because they fucked the scale forever. he'll either be taller than rita and goldar (who he is in every scene with almost) or shorter than every other monster
>>
>>8572388
They're outsourcing because its cheaper, same reason why they got a new team to work on the line. Lower salaries.

>>8572549
Its not due to the factory. That's just corporate talk to point fingers elsewhere. I'm sure its the factory workers that pick the paint apps and make the choice whether to paint the face or not.

>>8572890
Astronema looks okay. I hope she looks better in person.

>>8573183
This is why they should release the deco sheets as soon as they pitch a figure. So people can point out whats wrong with their references.

>>8573635
I rather them re-release King Sphinx and Rapper at the Goldar scale.

>>8573645
People will buy them regardless.

>>8573824
Thank you! I was going to request this pic. Can you do one with Legacy Jason + any other Legacy MMPR rangers, Goldar, and Pumpkin Rapper?

>>8575125
That sucks for the Lightning collectors who were looking forward to the villains.

>>8575252
Now thats perfect! I guarantee you people would pay $30 for these! Even with them lacking paint. This scale with Sphinx mouth and nose painted, Rapper with a darker wash would have been perfect.
>>
File: LC.png (218 KB, 532x260)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
Is LC Pink Ranger just second-hand now or is there a chance she gets restocked?
>>
>>8575872
MM white got restocked so it's possible
>>
>>8575872
It feels inevitable they will do a 5/6 pack next year or some other rotation.
>>
>>8575125
>wave 1 of the Monsters line
>effectively a mission statement of what we can expect from this, a toyline aimed at collectors
>the success of this wave determines the success of all future waves, so they should be putting their best foot forward
>faces missing black paint apps
>thanks, Warden
>>
>>8575872
I would bet good money there'll be a 5 or 6-pack with the whole team.

Maybe since they've done the original team, they'll do Rocky/Adam/Aisha/Kat headsculpts, since they have them from the Zeo versions and the Pink metallic armour version.
>>
>>8576023
That's okay, just find them at the next Pulse Con!
>>
>>8576056
I mean you're not wrong.
I'm still waiting to see if they do a reissue of Dino Thunder White, since they're offering replacement helmets and all
>>
>>8576023
Warden not till end of 2021 at earliest, Kingdom is his final Transformers wave so you have to wait for that to be over in terms of figuring out what he worked on
>>
>>8576067
The entirety of Dino Knights Charge Fury Thunder might not even be him desu
>>
>>8576082
Warden worked on the Dino Fury Megazord. They stated it during their last fan Friday stream.
>>
>>8576060
Watch they reissue it in a 5 pack with the main team and that'll be the only way you can get dino thunder yellow
>>
>>8575714
Get ready for 9 inch Rito without camo print or eye sockets
>>
>>8575872
She has been restocked a few times just keep your eyes out.
>>
>>8575548
man I just like big monster toys
>>
>>8576120
I wouldn't put it past them.
God, I've got so many doubled-up figures from this line, it's pathetic.
>>
>>8576176
Same. Big monsters just look better.
>>
>>8575481
>you’re the one all fucked up about it
>dO yOu wAnT ChIkKeN TeNdIeS aNd MuSsIe?
Yeah buddy I’m the one super rustled here, that’s why you default to calling everyone babies over something you care nothing about.
>>
>>8575481
>I wasn't even disagreeing, I was just saying I personally didn't mind it. You're the one all fucked up about it, so yeah. You're an autist.
>I'm sorry, they are too big for you. I'm sure that must be frustrating. Do you want some chikkie tendies and hunny mussie to go with all that autism?
>>
File: 1481377823075.jpg (125 KB, 1600x900)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>tfw never cared about shitty rangers and only liked the robots and monster suits
>only intend to collect evil space aliens and monsters of the week and maybe zords
>>
>>8575548
Looks like we are doomed
>>
>>8576618
You seem pretty cool.
My Ranger teams are pretty much done, so I'm looking forward to getting some cool monsters n zords
Might mix-and-match with monsters from other tokusatsu series, maybe a Megazord fighting king ghidorah, or Ultraman beating up Pudgy Pig

Gonna be neat
>>
>>8576685
Figuarts Ultraman won't scale with these kaiju. Nothing does except maybe Storm Collectibles
>>
>>8576687
Good thing I already own all the Ultra-Acts then, they'll scale
>>
>>8575296
Are they purposely fucking up this line?
>>
>>8575872
This pic is so hot
>>
File: Untitled.png (966 KB, 1000x1000)
966 KB
966 KB PNG
What would your ideal size be for a hypothetical Haslab MMPR Megazord? Pic related is their Haslab sentinel compared to the 6 inch Legends line.
>>
>>8577422
8 inches so that they match the monster wave, then put the price point into articulation, combining, and paint. unlike a sentinel you cannot have a zord that looks like it scales with people because it'd be too huge. I'm already used to having "people scale vs robot scale" with stuff like ultraman figuarts, robot spirits, etc.

but this is hasbro so their approach will be "more plastic = good" so we'll get something the size of that sentinel that costs $400, doesn't combine, scales with nothing, and looks like a scaled up marvel legend
>>
>>8575872
source?
>>
>>8577422
6 inches, fully transformable. Basically Super Miniplas. It makes no sense having Megazords be taller than the Rangers when they're gonna be out of scale with each other regardless. Then all 6" villains can double as adversaries for both the Rangers and Zords. 8" villains is asinine, even if they did eventually do 8" Zords. Make everything the same damn size.
>>
>>8577439
just type in Pink Ranger Hentai into google. should pop up in the first couple of results. That's how I found it.
>>
So all it needed was some more paint? Why can't hasbro do this?
>>
>>8575548
this is the problem with every fandom. there's shiteaters who will gobble up anything with the brand on it so change doesn't happen.
>>
>>8577775
Those people aren't 1/12 scale fans. They don't care about scale at all.
>>
File: sphinx.jpg (65 KB, 960x511)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
i dont know what everyone is talking about, i got my monster wave in and king sphinx looks fine with everyone else. its not show accurate but he's a bigger monster guy so whatever
>>
>>8577821
>so whatever

thanks shiteater.
>>
>>8577828
you're welcome
>>
File: Hasbro Accuracy.jpg (274 KB, 700x570)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>8577821
>i dont know what everyone is talking about
>its not show accurate but
Answered your own question shilltard.
>>
>>8577899
boomers complain about anything i guess
>>
File: Power rangers.jpg (951 KB, 3024x4032)
951 KB
951 KB JPG
Eh kinda bummed by the scaling but I can ignore it. Figures are neat, wish paint was a bit better and Sphinx should not have been 30 he doesn't come with enough accessories. Pumpkin is awesome though and I love the extra heads.
>>
>>8577904
What happened on the shelf below?
>>
>>8577705
Looks better even if it isn’t more show accurate.
>>
>>8577808
What weird is they are to scale of the Megazord coming out
>>
>>8577954
Nothing it's just extra storage for now. I recently moved and am still in the middle of putting my collection up. I have a few marvel figures laying on top of some unopened boxes.
>>
>>8576365

>It stands out by being a fucking monster among 5 twinks in spandex you size queen faggot.

You're the one who started throwing names being so fucking triggered by a toy being to big. Stop being a lil bitch about it. Don't buy it then, grow up.
>>
>>8577904
honestly seems like they just made them 8 inches so they could justify that $30 pricetag.
>>
>>8578030
Just like Bandai slapped unneeded diecast that only caused problems onto their Legacy items to justify the cost. It's because retards think size and weight equates to value.
>>
Remember folks: it's the Vietnam factory fucking things up and the HasBRO started the QC issues should iron out by early next year.
>>
>>8578197
Anon, the Hasbro rep literally said it's the Vietnam factory.
>>
>>8576154
You would think it'd be easy as shit to do Rito but after King sphinx nothing would surprise me.
God help us whenever they get around to Ecliptor
>>
>>8578203
Why are you so fucking paranoid?
>>
>>8578306
I'm not, that's just you being paranoid again.
>>
>>8578316
Because I want to have sex with Anubis Cruger. What's your excuse?
>>
that hasbro anon was a liar, just an undercover rep trying to trick us into buying lightning collection
>>
>>8578331
You legit need some meds man.
>>
>>8577422
Serpenterra
>>
>>8578193
Both are responsible. Hasbro should have put their foot down earlier and not given them the wrong colour guides to begin with.
>>
>>8578491
I like how you think that's what happened.
>>
>>8578017
>You're the one who started throwing names
You called me an autist first, retard. Try responding with more than one brain cell next time, bitch boy.
>>
>>8578331
Spent three days talking about every Hasbro line, barely even talked about Lightning collection, but sure he’s a fucking spy or whatever.
>>
>>8578491
This is true

>>8578501
This is not
>>
>>8577705
Pumpkin Rapper never had black eyes or a black mouth. Only the reason fan art has him like that.

>>8577821
Yeah that looks off. They needed to be Goldars size. Bigger than the rangers but no monster should be bigger than what they made Goldar.
>>
pic related seems like a no brainer for a MMPR display, but was wondering what anons thought about it who had it
>>
>>8578923
Alpha 5 is great, Zordon is shit
>>
>>8578923
What store is this exclusive to and when tf is it coming to Canada
>>
>>8578923
I've seen reports of the screw to get to the batteries for Zordon breaking making you have to break it to actually get to them

Alphas fine though
>>
>>8578924
>>8578942
thanks. Yeah that makes sense. So Zordon is like a $10 accessory that seems more trouble than anything else. Probably just get it for the Alpha then.

>>8578940
this is a WalMart exclusive
>>
>>8578923
I don't understand why they sculpted Zordon, he looks creepy. They should have lasercut and backlit a piece of acrylic inside the tube, it would have looked dramatic and not so cheap.
>>
>>8578539
>hasbro hires all their staff through instagram
Kek, you genuinely can’t make this shit up. Where’s your proof? Or are you just going to point to the freelancer they hired who happens to post on Instagram?
>>
Well done Hasbro, well done.
>>
However...
>>
>>8578524
This is how I know you're a fucking sperg, who doesn't socialize. You call someone a size queen faggot and don't think thats an insult then ree out when they call you an autist over it. Learn how to talk to people retard. Maybe people would listen to your lil Timmy complaints instead of calling you the retard that you are.
>>
File: 1astronema[1].png (1006 KB, 1366x768)
1006 KB
1006 KB PNG
>>8579055
Shes looks tiny next to Zed something which is strange as Rita doesnt look tiny next to him. Can you do a side by side with Rita. Maybe its just the headpiece thats making Astronema look so small.

Shes as tall if not taller than the Quantrons. I hope the Quantrons dont tower her.
>>
>>8579055
>one day new Machine Empire
>new Divatox
>new I forget the guy at the right right but him too
YES
>>
>>8579055
Ran through a few scenes where Divatox and Rita/Zedds together or Divatox and Astronama together, from what I can gather Zedd and Rita are almost the same height with Divatox slightly taller than them and Divatox maybe 2 or 3 inches taller than Astronama.
Going by the the show Zedd and Rita shouldn't be absolutely mogging her but just slightly taller.
What in the absolute fuck is Hasbro doing with the sizes
>inb4 Ecliptor is huge
>>
Anyone know if Amazon will have Black Friday deals for LC? Maybe a drop in the psycho set again?
>>
>>8579282
But Rita and her are the same scale, Rita just has a fuck huge hat
>>
>>8579329
Not my pics, I'd need to see them side by side without Rita's dress to compare, but it doesn't seem like it's the same body if Rita is this much taller.
>>
File: _20201122_092118.jpg (137 KB, 894x931)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>8579214
She's supposed to have big heels as seen in your photo, so she's losing a bit of height with her flat feet. She should be about as tall as Andros, and if you were to swap out heeled feet from a Marvel Legend she'd be close to that mark.

The problem is Rita and Zedd. Zedd was scaled larger than he's supposed to be (he's about 6.5", whereas in the show he was under 6 feet), and then Rita was scaled to Zedd. It results in everything being off. Will they scale Ecliptor to Astronema, or will they make him a beast like Zedd? It's a mess.
>>
>>8579245
Master Vile
>>
>>8579148
Lmao cope harder
>>
>>8579087
>”Hasbro hires all their staff through Instagram”
>the guy who designs the box covers was discovered through Instagram
One guy gets hired to make box art and suddenly all their freelance employees get hired off of Instagram? Talk about a stretch
>>
>>8579626
>Talk about a stretch
Any excuse to denigrate women
>>
>>8579626
It's almost like this board is infested with retarded trolls
>>
>>8579564
Ok there ksteel
>>
>>8577705
Does anyone have any experience custom painting these figures? Can you just apply paint and have it be good to go or do you need to prime the figure before hand? Just got Pumpkin and Sphinx and wanted to add a bit more paint detail to them both.
>>
>>8580249
I think tips that would apply to painting Gundam models should be transferable to these figures. Not totally sure though. I did see one youtuber mention using a Gundam Marker to color in the nose of King Sphinx black.
>>
>>8580249
Use acrylic or lacquer paints on plastic and you're fine. I never prime anything. Though if you were wanting to paint a lighter color like yellow on top of a darker one, then you'd probably need to prime.
>>
>>8580267
Yeah priming helps so your paint doesn’t chip, but most people are doing Grey/black on both Sphinx and Pumpkin so you don’t really need to. I’d stick to acrylic though, lacquer can chip sometimes.
>>
File: 20201122_193205.jpg (312 KB, 1440x2012)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
Here we go lads
>>
>>8580772
Is that supposed to be special?
>>
File: BqHoi8B[1].jpg (866 KB, 1500x1000)
866 KB
866 KB JPG
>>8580772
That looks cool!

I was worried at first but ill definitely be picking up the Astronema 2 Pack.
>>
>>8578923
autistic screeching Alpha 5 stock image on the back is lol
>>
>>8581502
She'e shorter than a female Ranger due to her calves being shorter. With heels she should be as tall as a male Ranger, so they really botched her height. Since her legs are plain black I'm hoping they can be swapped with a Marvel Legend to make her as tall as she's supposed to be, but it's ridiculous that I should even need to do that.
>>
>>8580249
wash the figures beforehand
>>
>>8575184
They have a good line what are you on about?
>>
>>8581842
Meant for the post below it
>>
>>8576687
What if you don't care about the monster being the same size as Ultraman?
Him fighting a bigger foe is fine too.
>>
>>8581090
All it is is just a different box, the figures are completely the same, the spectrum series is a target exclusive
>>
>>8581874
That should be how Target exclusives should be from now on.
>>
Any repainted king sphinx yet?
>>
>>8581850
No its not
>>
SoC Titanus is currently $150 on Bluefin's website for Black Friday. This is pretty consistent with last year where Dragonzord was $80. I won't lie I am really fucking tempted to get this, even if I have no room for it on my Power Rangers Shelf.
>>
>>8583283
I love you! That's the one I needed to complete my collection.
>>
>>8583283
Thats basically MSRP for the Legacy one, and considering they're 90% the same thing that's appropriate.
>>
>>8582414
Check out the lightning collection subreddit, there’s a few.
>>
>>8575418
Right? They're supposed to be human-sized villains for human superheroes to fight. They're not fucking daikaiju. The only monsters/villains who should be that size are Master Vile and Dark Specter.
>>
>>8577821
>but he's a bigger monster guy
There is no "bigger monster guy" in MMPR. King Sphinx is the same height as Goldar. The only "bigger monster guy" in MMPR is Master Vile.
>>
>>8575268
So glad I don't like SPD enough to buy the whole team. Shadow Ranger is all I need. Maybe Kat if they do her later.
>>
>>8575125
While King Sphinx is irksomely tall, Pumpkin Rapper just has a normal sized body and a massive pumpkin head.
>>
>>8584466
A reasonable assumption, but no. Pumpkin Rapper's shoulders come up to the midway point of a male Ranger's helmet. Even without his big ass pumpkin head, he's still too big.
>>
>>8575125
The lead for the upcoming Power Rangers movie will be trans.
>>
>>8584506
Is this confirmed or just part of the weird time travel rumour from a while ago?
>>
>>8584836
False.
>>
>>8584506
I'm fine with this. Diversity has always been a big part of Power Rangers.
>>
Bluefin has an unending amount of the White Ranger figuarts. It's always on sale every Black Friday.
>>
File: EnjS4QOXMAEVfq4[1].jpg (152 KB, 900x1200)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
Proportionate with Goldar and the nose/mouth painted he would have been perfect.
>>
>>8578193
>Remember folks: it's the Vietnam factory fucking things up and the HasBRO started the QC issues should iron out by early next year
This is a fucking lie. They've had these issues for years. It's not new.
>>
File: MMPR Shelf.jpg (3.15 MB, 2613x2548)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
Ok /toy/ I've posted my PR shelf a few times recently so I'm sorry for reposting it yet again but I wanted to put my situation into context so you guys would better understand my dilemma. As you can see my current PR setup is pretty full, I personally feel that it's slightly too cluttered at the moment but I've arranged it to where I'm at least content with it. As you can see, I have SoC Megazord and Dragonzord. With SoC Titanus on sale for such a good price, picking up is almost a no-brainer to complete the Ultrazord, however I run into two problems. Problem one is the aforementioned space constraints, I'd love to expand my PR shelf, but I can not do so at the moment, maybe one day in the future. Problem two is display configuration. Even if I did have ample space to accommodate the Ultrazord on my shelf, I personally prefer displaying Megazord and Dragonzord separately. I've actually only ever combined the two one time. I don't really like handling them that much because I'm afraid I'll be a retard and break something. Anyway, even with the space I don't think I'd display the whole thing in Ultrazord formation anyway.

Normally, if this figure were even just $50 cheaper, I'd pick it up just to have the option of Ultrazord if I ever wanted it, however, even discounted, the price is pretty high for something I don't even have space for. That and all the other random issues that seem to plague the release. The tight fit for the legs, the difficulty attaching the claws to Megazord, and other weird nitpicks, I just don't know if I can justify spending that $150 for it. I can afford it, I just am having a lot more trouble justifying it than say another whole Megazord. Titanus on it's own is kind of meh and really needs the other two sets to be worth it. I just don't know what I should do, I feel like I'd be fucking myself over by skipping on the deal but then I'm finding it difficult to justify the purchase, even at such a discount. What should I do /prg/?
>>
>>8585791
I would add Alpha in front of Billy with his hands posed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd get it. Titanus released in 2019. Its usually two years later when retailers run out of stock that prices go up. After 2021 Titanus will be hard to find plus you wont ever find it below $400.
>>
>>8585779
>They've had these issues for years.
Line only started last year dude. Is it really so crazy to you that a newer, shittier factory is having so many fuck ups? Or are you just a conspiracy theorist?
>>
>>8585987
Hasbro 'forgetting' paint apps has been a thing in Nerf for years but I don't know about pre-LC Power Rangers or Marvel Legends
>>
>>8586015
I feel like with LC it's to a far worse degree than MLs and BS.
>>
>>8586049
yeah these figs are way worse than MLs.
>>
>>8585750
>inb4 6 months from now they rerelease King sphinx with slightly better shading and the nose/mouth colored
>>
>>8586015
Well, Hasbro didn’t own PR prior to Lightning Collection, so any issues with Legacy would be Bandai America’s fault. They gimped on paint plenty but most of the time it was them being objectively cheap, not necessarily factory errors. Zeo Gold (Cheddar Ranger was the popular nickname) was a particularly bad example.

As for Legends, the paint apps are usually decent. It’s pretty rare to get a completely unpainted figure in most spots (although some Spider-Men have plain red plastic that would’ve really benefitted from black lines). However, I think PR generally has a lot more paint apps than the average Marvel figure. Not really an excuse, but Omega Ranger for instance requires a fuck ton of paint apps.
>>
File: IMG_20201124_182433.jpg (1.04 MB, 3496x2424)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
VS Pack when?
>>
>>8585987
1) you don't know what "conspiracy theory" means apparently
2) it doesn't matter how long the line has been around, retard. It's a thing Hasbro has been doing for years.
3) I honestly can't tell if this is shtick or if you're really this stupid
>>
>>8586536
The Vs packs are perfect for Red Samurai vs Deker. Snide vs Kendra could work. Pipe dream but Snide vs Sledge, a "for leadership" pack.
>>
>>8586599
Skull vs Bulk would be nice
>>
>>8586565
Suck my cock, mouth breather. Go rant about election fraud, that’s more your speed.
>>
>>8586565
>1) you’re dumb
>2) you’re dumb
>3) you’re dumb

Someone’s bootyblasted lmao
>>
>>8585779
Imagine thinking this
>>
>>8586536
Holy shit. This is the first time I've ever seen any actual proof of existence for the legendary "Zhane vs. Elgar" deleted scene from Countdown to Destruction.
>>
Will they do Mystic Force bros?
>>
>>8586536
I want a Quantron 2 Pack like the Putties.

>>8586750
I was going to say I dont remember this. Wait, what? This is the first time hearing about it. Any more info about it or any other deleted scenes?
>>
>>8586767
>Any more info about it or any other deleted scenes?
All I've ever heard about it is that it existed. I THINK it was supposed to take place between "WE... are the Power Rangers!" and Zordon's energy wave, but I might be wrong about that. As for other scenes, there were some, but I think they were just extensions of scenes already in the episode as opposed to entirely new/unused sequences. There MIGHT have been an Andros/Ashley kiss, but again, I might be mistaken. I haven't really read anything about these scenes in probably well over a decade.
>>
>>8586750
>>8586767
>>8586786
OH! Supposedly Phantom Ranger was going to demorph once Zordon's energy had saved the universe and they were going to tie up his thing with Cassie, but I'm not sure if that was actually a deleted scene, cut from the script before filming, or just a fan rumor.
>>
>>8577439

>>8577416

You can find a Ranger thread in /aco/ if you're looking for more of the same.
>>
This doesnt look too bad, but I cant speak for King Sphinx
>>
>>8587033
Huh. He doesn't look too bad next to Zedd... Is this your pic? Any chance you could take one like this with Sphinx?
>>
>>8587045
Its from D Amazings review:
https://youtu.be/kqcuEAO3sSc
>>
>>8587045
It doesnt look as bad because their shoulders align. Its just the huge head that makes him taller.

Sphinx on the other hand shoulders are way above everyone elses making him out of scale.
>>
>>8587073
>First thing he does is yank Pumpkin Rapper's head off
Jesus. I'm always so careful with my shit that sort of thing gave me a heart attack.
>Watches the King Sphinx review
I never really noticed it before, but there's something off with Sphinx's face sculpt. It's too human-y when it should be more feline. But I can't quite pinpoint exactly how/why.
>>
>>8586755
PR season was bad, Sentai was only decent. No demand. No figures.
>>
>>8587172
Missing the nose paint
>>
>>8585750
Who did this so I can ask them to fix mine?
>>
>>8587172
the first and only lightning collection problem I've had was the neck joint popping out when I was swapping out the helmet for the tommy head
>>
>>8586755
Nothings off the table but the capes will probably suck.
>>
>>8587033
As I pointed out earlier, Pumpkin Rapper isn't oversized. He just has an enormous head. He's actually in scale with the others body-wise.
>>
File: _20201125_114612.jpg (129 KB, 918x641)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>8587746
He's not as bad as King Sphincter but he's still oversized. His body is taller than the male Rangers, and his head is larger in relation to it. >>8575252 is proper size. Rita and Zedd are oversized themselves so he doesn't look bad next to them.
>>
File: rxDulnQ.jpg (214 KB, 630x450)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>8587746
>As I pointed out earlier, Pumpkin Rapper isn't oversized.
As I pointed out earlier, he is.
>>
>>8587471
Twitter ThePlasticGeek
>>
File: 1606323740172.jpg (131 KB, 819x450)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>8587784
Yes and no, body is right, collar piece and head are a bit OS.

that said, this is a dumb reason for not getting a cool looking monster.
>>
>>8587873
I'm totally getting Pumpkin Rapper, but King Sphinx being fuckhuge kills it for me. That and the lack of face paint. Plus Rapper at least comes with cool accessories that I can use on other figures.
>>
>>8587873
The body isn't right, the torso is longer than a standard male Ranger before you even get to the collar. Look at the arm placement compared to Green. The collar should be below a Ranger's head, not at the middle of it.
>>
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 263x191)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>8587172
>I never really noticed it before, but there's something off with Sphinx's face sculpt. It's too human-y when it should be more feline.
Yeah definitely looks more animalistic in the show, and it's more than the nose paint
>>
Totally nitpicking here, but the end of the chin decoration in King Sphinx should also be red. I'm amazed that even the old toys got that part right.
>>
>>8588041
don't worry, Im sure they will release a $30 upscale Goldar in wave two
>>
>>8588041
Them being bigger is better. Suck it.
>>
>>8588111
It should be painted. People didnt notice it because the nose and mouth are the ones that make the figure look off.
>>
>>8588173
Them being bigger than the Rangers is one thing. They shouldn't make Goldar look like a midget.
>>
>>8588193
Goldar was a bitch anyway
>>
>>8588200
Maybe, but he was a bitch that was the same size as King Sphinx.
>>
>>8587916
>dumb and generic

boy, this is the og dumb and generic
>>
>>8588173
like the tumor on your brain?
>>
>>8588041
>launch your line with the claim of most show accuracy ever
>constantly fuck up accuracy of the Rangers due to hiring lazy freelancers who don't do proper research
>intentionally fuck up the accuracy of the monsters of the day by making them two scales too large to better justify a $30 price point
The Lightning Collection is literally "Monkey's Paw: The Toyline".
>>
Picked these up on sale. Usual Hasbro frustrations (had to take a blowdryer to a bunch of frozen joints, and Rita’s elbow almost tore despite the heat) but I’m really enjoying them, never expected to have a decent Rita figure.
>>
File: ThanksHasbro.jpg (523 KB, 1056x856)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
Why should I pay $30 for an out of scale King Sphinx when I can just use the one I already have, which actually has a painted face and better sculpt?
>>
File: 73373111.png (21 KB, 148x200)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>8588463
What's under her dress?
>>
>>8588482
I don't know why are you such a little bitch?
>>
>>8588482
Do you enjoy being miserable all the time?
>>
>>8588482
Holy shit Hasbro, get your shit together. It's sad that more than two and a half decade old figure is better than what you released now.
>>
>>8588488
Under her dress is just the standard stock body in black plastic. The only difference is at the elbow, where they pegged in human forearms
>>
>>8588488
Look here >>8581502
>>
>>8588482
I will say it's nice that LC Sphinx has his loincloth and shoulder pads painted properly and actually comes with his scepter. Otherwise... yeesh.
>>
File: 4b1.gif (1003 KB, 328x245)
1003 KB
1003 KB GIF
>>8588509
>>8588519

Thanks for answering my question, anons. That's a disappointing looking buck body. Still, I'm planning on getting this set as i don't have Zed and you can never have too much Machiko Soga in your life.
>>
>>8588041
If they had just scaled it like Goldar, they could have painted the nose and mouth with the extra budget. Or at least forego the failed attempt at shading.
>>
>>8588528
The Bandai figure overdoes his forearms just a tad (they're not quite that Popeye-y on the actual suit), but the accurate face more than makes up for it. Looking at the two side by side, I think the problem with the Hasbro figure's face is that it looks like the sculptor saw a head-on shot of King Sphinx and they somehow misinterpreted his muzzle/snout as snarling/grinning lips
>>
>>8588482
Nobody asked you Reddit fag
Fuck off back to your shill discord

if you serious think it's even an option to go for a mcdonalds toy statue vs a new Hasbro fig you're a fucking retard, but we already knew that
>>
>>8588463
I don't have her but from watching reviews the joints or her elbows were backwards. So people had to lift up the sleeves and rotate the elbows so they had the proper articulation.
>>
>>8588615
Yup, I had that issue plus the joint was frozen. So it was very confusing
>>
>>8588580
Why are you so mad at an honest question?
>>
>>8588674
>honest
>full of deceitful remarks
>>
>>8588681
So Hasbro isn't charging $30 for an out of scale figure with a badly sculpted, unpainted face?
>>
File: 1603865634455.png (68 KB, 1716x314)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>8588585
Everyone should be criticizing Hasbro for the terrible job they're doing on the Power Rangers line

But this video is so shit I saved the response to the first time people were spamming it trying to give this faggot views
>>
>>8588712
I'd rather have none thanks. Views help content creators so even spite watching helps them out more than a downvote hurts.
>>
>>8588712
>>8588730
If you have to due to autism, you could actually post youtubers related to the thread. Like Toku Topics who actively steals material from these threads anyway
>>
>>8588759
Go away
>>
got Lightening Black Ranger today. knew the faults going in but still a solid figure. Good accessories. Hope they re release Pink because at this point that's all I'm missing for the original line-up (got the rest on pre-order). Got to posing Drakkon as well. Despite being a bit samey with the White Ranger, I dig him. Especially with the context from the comics. Vicious bastard.

So weird how Pink is rare. Pretty much every other MMPR that's been released seems easy enough to pick up (at least in the U.S.).
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.19 MB, 1234x2010)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>8588784
>>
>>8588556
I'm not even entirely sure what you're trying to say here but it feels fairly aggressive so I'm just gonna say "okay."
>>
After looking at this all I'm not sure I want Quantum Ranger anymore.
>>
>>8588784
>knew the faults going in but still a solid figure.
There something I missed or is this just general dislike of the line?
>>
>>8588482
LC Sphinx looks like he cried off his eye makeup
>>
>>8589079
You can't talk about a toy you like on this board without starting with an acknowledgement of the manufacturer's historic sins
>>
File: foreverred.jpg (196 KB, 1024x1024)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
Painted his staff since Hasbro was too cheap to do it. Not flawless but it looks fine from a distance on the shelf...
>>
>>8589468
At first I thought it was some added custom paint.
>>
>>8589079
>>8589542
I guess I just like to cover my bases when I post. I also watch Anthonycustoms reviews which are definitely on the critical side.

>>8589079
>There something I missed or is this just general dislike of the line?
I would say it's somewhere between "Oh this is so cool Hasbro is making all these Power Ranger toys" and "why are they making choices that are either ignorant of the source material, or just smack of laziness/incompetence". So some happy some angry. That's why I kind of tip toe when talking about the figures.
>>
>>8589574
They could've at least included the lines in the sculpt. Lazy fucking interns. Also I don't understand how they fucked up the belt so badly when the cheap Blue Ranger got it right.
>>
I grabbed a green ranger because I was bored waiting on a prescripton. for the most part it's what i expected, except: why the fuck is the ankle pivot on these so good? it's better than my import figures in that specific joint, and it can hit much wider poses than my figuarts zyurangers with his feet flat on the ground. it kind of pisses me off
>>
>>8589929
Can his legs actually split more than 45 degrees though? Because most LC figures can't.
>>
>>8589938
no, it’s just a ball joint with a thigh cut. so that’s disappointing, but I knew that when I bought it. it’s specifically the ankles that surprised me

also I typed green but I meant white
>>
>>8589951
also ignore that i have him pointing his sword at himself like a dumbass lol
>>
>>8589952
yeah the ankles are pretty good. It's been a long time since I've seen the White Ranger in action so I always get confused with that damn sword.
>>
Anyone got the rerelease of the White Ranger? Were there any differences?
>>
>>8589970
i dont have the previous one but comparing what i just bought to pictures of it, it looks like a straight reissue

from what i understand this was their "strong premiere" before the line started going downhill so it makes sense they wouldn't change anything
>>
>>8589951
What good are the ankles when the hips have terrible range? Also you have him holding the sword backwards.
>>
>>8589983
I think Saba has more paint details but idk.
>>
>>8589988
nice job reading, dipshit
>>
Mandarake has a SOC mega used for $260, looks like it has some scuffs though and the description says there is damage but I can't tell from the translation.
Anyway someone have a look and tell me what they think
>>
>>8590291
Had myself a look and it looked pretty good, so I bought it. Thanks for the tip, fag
>>
>>8588784
Hasbro had to fight for retailer faith for like a year because of legacy's shelfwarming.
Lightning IS Yellow selling well kinda broke the mold so hopefully between metallic and needing MMPR wank MMPR Pink will get a double packed second release.
>>
>>8589929
I was gonna ask what imports you have where you somehow think these are better, but then I saw you had the sword backwards in >>8589951 and realized you're just retarded
>>
>>8589756
>Lazy fucking interns
They aren't interns, dingdong
>>
>>8588490
>>8588494
>>8588580
Crybabies
>>
>>8590623
Are you retarded? He's only talking about the ankles and he's right, only Amazing Yamaguchi figures have good ankles on imports.
>>
>>8590623
Nice job reading, dipshit
>>
>>8590632
*Crybaby
It's just Hasbrofag, the most pathetic troll on this image board
>>
Anyone have a pic of Sphinx/Pumpkin Rapper next to a SOC MegaZord?
>>
Psycho Green and Putty 2 Pack are back in stock on Pulse
>>
Damn that was fast! I received my Titanus from Bluefin. I placed my order Monday afternoon and received it this morning.
>>
Just bought the new Hasbro Megazord, and it ain't half bad (or good). My only problem is the lack of a neck, knees, and wrist swivels, but hey shoulders and hip movement, and elbows help.

Also glad to see 5mm ports on him, so he'll be fun to mess with all the recent TFs I've gotten.
>>
>>8575806
>They're outsourcing because its cheaper, same reason why they got a new team to work on the line. Lower salaries.
Aren't most of Hasbro's lines now made over in Vietnam? I know Transformers moved there around the mid-2010s and Overwatch was also done by (presumably) the same factory as both TF and Thunder Collection, no idea about Star Wars, Marvel or their other lines though. If that's the case, the I can probably see why the quality is not all that great considering they have to juggle like a dozen lines at the same time. And most people think that the lines are either shit, or turning into shit (Star Wars and Transformers especially with regards to the latter)

Personally, I just want Goldar and maybe some putties and Pumpkin Rapper. Not really interested with the rest of them.
>>
>>8577705
this looks bad but I agree it needs more paint
>>
Where the fuck is my LC Captain Chaku
>>
Technically speaking, does Hasbro now own the rights to VR Troopers and Beetleborgs? What about Mystic Knights?
>>
>>8592071
I picked up putties so Goldar can have some goons.
>>
>>8594167
Yes, they effectively bought every property owned by Saban
>>
>>8594167
Mystic Knights and Mask Rider are in limbo. When Disney bought Saban's IPs in 2001 those two were separate property buys. When they sold Power Rangers back to Saban , BB and VR were certainly involved because they tied the Metal Hero Series with the Sentai into the license, but they never did that with their OG or the Kamen brand and as such no one is really certain if Disney still has them.
>>
>>8594357
Well masked rider's original footage is what's in disney limbo, with the RX, J, and ZO footage in ishinomori pro limbo.
Just like KRDK's OG footage in addness limbo and ishinomori pro not wanting to reup stock footage and design rights.
But Hasbro outright owns the "rights" outside of that for masked rider, saban got all their live action rights back.
Which means basically nothing in the long run.
>>
>>8594167
Something up with Mystic Knights and Rider because neither of those are being sold or legally streamed anywhere. And considering how shameless Shout Factory has been with the buyout that is telling us something is in dispute on the Hasbro side.
>>
Anyone find these exclusive packaged deluxes in Target yet?
>>
>>8587873
>Jason
That’s Tommy you retard
>>
>>8595238
I think they have a soft street date of December 1st, along with the two packs, but some people have been finding them and the wave with the Z putty.
>>
Hello, just recently got into toys and found out that the Lightning Collection exists. Where is the cheapest place to get the 5 members of the MMPR right now?
>>
>>8595472
Red, Yellow, Black, Blue, and Green should be doable retail (either in-stock or pre-order) but you might have to spread your purchases across stores as they may not have all of them in-stock. In the U.S., these figures are MRSP $19.99.

Pink Ranger is rare at the moment and currently the only one you'd have to pay over MRSP for (on average she is scalped for $40).
>>
I could’ve sworn I remember hearing that Lightning Collection was supposed to be groundbreaking because it was being worked on primarily by women, which would explain a lot honestly
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (210 KB, 865x698)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>8595405
>>
>>8590291
You aren't going to be able to ship anything out of Mandarake without paying more than the product's price in DHL shipping right now anyways.
>>
>>8595803
Lies
>>
>>8595805
Give it a shot, dude.
>>
>>8595808
I order from them constantly and DHL is $30-40 per $300 I spend so long as I’m not buying huge shit
>>
File: 20201129_030342.jpg (432 KB, 1209x1612)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
So I finally broke out my Shadow Ranger and finished up his paint apps I began ages ago before moving. I'm still not sure if the outward-facing sides of his helmet's fins are meant to be silver or not. I never noticed until I saw it on the Battle for the Grid game. Otherwise, I think I'm gonna call him done.
>>
>>8595821
Nice job.
The outside of the fins are meant to be white, as is the edging around the visor. The two lines going down the top of the helmet each side of the badge are also missing paint. Those lines and the lines on the mouthpiece should be the same silver/gunmetal as the paint around the siren lights.
>>
>>8595821
you missed the blue on his knuckles and the black stripe down his leg guards
>>
I think Hasbro underestimated how much work there is to making Power Ranger figures and just assumed it was something they can lazily do similar to how people see the show itself
>>
File: EndDlYrWEAEVBYI[1].jpg (343 KB, 1536x2048)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
two new figures coming. female psycho gold and sorpina.
>>
File: En7mQvTXIAEUV_F[1].jpg (472 KB, 2048x1536)
472 KB
472 KB JPG
>>8597361
>>
File: Capture.png (72 KB, 159x169)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>8597364
she has an expression of discomfort.
>>
>>8597361
>>8597364
Those have to be fan customs. Hasbro would obviously come out with Psycho Silver first (mainly because Psycho Silver is actually from the TV show and what the fuck even is Psycho Gold?) and that Scorpina looks awful, even to a point that Hasbro wouldn't be okay with releasing. Okay for a fan custom, but dreadful for an actual Lightning Collection figure.
>>
>>8597364
I can't tell if these are customs or not
>>
>>8597364
>>8597361
Can't wait for Toku Topics to think these are real and steal this content for another video
>>
>>8597456
of course its a custom, hasbro would never put that much paint on a figure
>>
>>8597590
THIS
>>
>>8595802
Jason Jason David Frank is my favorite Sentai Man
>>
>>8597456
Look at the right arm, it’s clearly just a painted Trini. Even Hasbro wouldn’t be dumb enough to sculpt human skin with clothing folds.
>>
>>8579324

Yup. Psycho set is down to $70. I've been waiting on it, thus far it's the only decent deal I've gotten out of the whole Black Friday - Cyber Monday thing.
>>
File: 20201130_102020.jpg (404 KB, 1419x1158)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>8596494
>>8596521
Didn't have much luck getting the metallic blue I have to stay on the hands (odd, since I didn'thave any issues painting DC Gold's hands), but I think I will at least add some metallic black to the lines on the top of the forehead so it matches the mouthpiece and may add the black to the shin guards. I think I'll try to paint the wrist piece for Omega next.
>>
>>8597909
also they wouldn't paint the armor if they could just leave it as a waxy yellow instead of gold
>>
Has anyone dealt with Hasbro to get a replacement head for Dino Thunder white? What's the best way to get ahold of them to get the right head?
>>
>>8598024
The only way is to go to the customer support page on Hasbro’s website, and get in the online chat with someone. They’ll ask you to take a picture of your figure with a piece of paper that has a number written on it. The number is something they tell you over chat, to make sure it’s you and you actually own the figure. Then they send you a new head within a week.
>>
>>8597975
Those look great together.
>>
>look up a video to remember how the dinostegazord looked like in action
>get an ad before the video played
>when it's on youtube kids
*sight*
Anyway, should I talk my friend out of buying the Hasbro Megazord? Is it really as terrible as it looks?
>>
>>8598239
Honestly it's kinda pricey for what it is from what I can tell. It's more expensive than the Legacy one was when it came out and looks worse imo. I dunno, I'd be interested to see when Hasbro is going to do a fully combining Megazord set for the Lightning Colleciton but it'd be hard pressed to get me to replace my SoC.
>>
>>8598301
Yeah, that's about what I told him. That it's too expensive for what it is. I didn't even know about its price in comparison to the legacy, that just makes it worse even if the Legacy wasn't great either.
I was considering it at first too because of how much I hate diecast making the SoC essentially an overpriced turd in my eyes but then I saw it in person and it looked pretty bad, especially when each part of the set is about 20 dollars where I live and the legs look like those shampoo bottle transformers figures that appeared en masse with the fourth movie.

Hopefully they make a good one in the future now that they moved Warden over to their team because there's no option for me as of now.
>>
>>8597950
I was hoping for $60, optimistically $50. Oh well, maybe they’ll do better for Christmas.
>>
File: 20201130_234224.jpg (485 KB, 1209x1612)
485 KB
485 KB JPG
I'm holding off on the fins until I can get a good look at him from the side to determine the proper color (I think I'd go for the lighter silver I lined the back of the helmet with), but I think I'mdone with him for the time being. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out after all this time.
>>
>>8599348
It looks really good. Well done.
The fins are straight-up pure white. They continue on from the white lining around the visor.
>>
>>8599348
>>8600004
>>
>>8600004
>>8600008
It looks like a lighter silver, similar to SPD Red's in the second image. Also, it seems I may need to darken the lining on the back of my helmet if I want to be accurate.
>>
>>8600044
>Also, it seems I may need to darken the lining on the back of my helmet if I want to be accurate.
Nevermind. For some reason, I had it in my head I used the light silver that I painted his little shoulder SPD rank with, rather than the sterling silver/gunmetal gray 50/50 mixture I used on the pauldrons. The helmet lining matches the pauldrons though.
>>
For those that have Astronema. Is it easy to pop the head out?
>>
>>8602707
>>8602707
>>8602707

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.