[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous: >>8557610

>Latest News
Artakha art contest, final poll: https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/art-poll-nine/57026
Crainy, the lead developer on BIONICLE: Quest for Mata Nui, has claimed to have met with "prominent figures" from LEGO, who have allowed the project to continue. https://twitter.com/QuestForMataNui/status/1296867016381472770
This is now the canon appearance of Helryx https://biosector01.com/wiki/Helryx

Christian Faber, an art director who worked on the first generation of BIONICLE, has announced he is working on a new BIONICLE project. Due to COVID-19, however, progress has been slow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiQsdzudHm4

>G1 Story Material
Comics: http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/comics/
Books: http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/story/books/
Everything: https://wallofhistory.com/

>G2 Story Material
2015 Animations: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRNbTEZ7dhL1lKhlxvt777XQvGFMCH9sq
2016 Series: https://www.netflix.com/title/80062112

>Miscellaneous Media
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/

>Fan Projects
BIONICLE: Quest for Mata Nui: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpDnhOuhJ3Sxr4SpBudL15Q
Team Kanohi (BIONICLE: Trials of the Great Spirit): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz1Z5C9fwxHDiKYPgoTz7A

>Resources for Builders
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/
https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page
>Booru
http://biog.booru.org/
>Discord
https://discord.gg/R9BdKTK
>>
File: 1500998290013.jpg (719 KB, 2542x2447)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
Disney
>>
>>8567518
I wanna fuck this thing's slutty shorstack Ga-pussy.
>>
File: 1605578252615.jpg (1.96 MB, 2312x1734)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
I'm really into building all sorts of Matoran right now.
Left one is missing a hand, his feet and a name, top one is missing right colored thighs, a better lower leg design, half his head and a name.
Right one is named Katao and is missing a friend.
>>
>>8567531
Wouldn’t all Ga-Matoran technically be shortstacks?
>>
>>8567500
Indeed, it certainly would be awesome.
>>
>>8567365
Maybe have two kinds of stories, one involving fun Matoran adventures and one with Toa edge?
>>
>>8567424
Well, they definitely serve a distinct purpose in the great beings design, being craftsmen and manufacturers. Which is more than I could say about Steltians or the six Barraki species.
But they're a huge heap of missed potential, especially because Xia is awesome for a dystopian setting and I would have loved to read a serial based on there.
>>
File: bsm91djuenz51.jpg (269 KB, 1791x1958)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>8567518
Gimme your ga matoran pussi aboogaboogabooga
>>
>>8567526
Rojoempastillado
>>
The top one need a kanohi.
>>
>>8567635
>>8567547
>>
>>8567635
Holy SHIT this is an awesome build. Where'd you get it from? I'd like to take some notes from that beautiful armor distribution
>>
File: Fgyenyf_d.jpg (33 KB, 640x847)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>8567654
You will find her on aminoapps she is made by Mr DragonMan under the title RahkSHE (thicc female rahkshi)
>>
>>8567666
Thank you kindly rahkshiposter, trips checked
>>
>>8567635
>>8567646
Yeah, I know. I'll either get a pearl dark gray Hau, begrudgingly paint a Matatu or try to make one myself. As I said, half his head is missing. He'll have dark blue eyes.
>>
>>8567670
No problem.
>>
today's been a day of small tweaks.
new clawed hands and feet, replacing the rounded toes and fingers of before.

a redesigned chest that sits lower, and flow with here overall shape (and get rid of what would have been a necessary rubber band holding her together phew- i hate those)

her hips are wider to help the lower chest and now longer torso all fit, unfortunatley i couldn't find any better way to do this than use some CCBS extenders. oh well.

she now has an ass- which also breaks the CCBS rule, and most certainly did not exist in 2010- but its hard to argue with results like these :P

i've also bulked up her arms at the request of an anon in the last thread.

currently working on the back. i think that the slizer head does a good job shaping her spine down to her lower back.

other things to think about would be colors, and a final mask.
i dont really want to just use one of the piraka heads, as then i feel it would just look like whatever piraka in question.

maybe i could use one of the heads from the canisters? or maybe a custom head. be it a Frankenstein or a completely new model. i could also try building one with parts. but that might be hard. especially without system, which i'm trying to avoid using
>>
>>8567783
I personally vote for the canister faces, they're distinct enough. The only question is - are they actually in Studio?
>>
>>8567365
This, just look at MNOG for inspiration. It was serious and dark when it needed to be, though the action was held back thanks to Lego's violence policies. It was never "grimdark" or forcefully edgy. It balanced lightheartedness on the Matoran's side and seriousness when the Toa were on screen, but they were allowed to loosen up too. The setting and tone were welcoming and majestic, but there was a sense of sublime mystery and outright darkness to it. Many later settings lacked this balance, everything in Voya, Mahri and Karda Nui and Bara Magna was just shitty.
In a hypothetical movie, there would be no need to go full-on edge, nor make everything comical or sarcastic. Even when I watched Legends of Metru Nui for the first time, I felt Matau's slapstick was embarrassing. I feel like Toa humor should be done with banter and other character moments, not this physical cartoon comedy. Web of Shadows handled this better, though that movie felt like it tried to be way too dark and somber in some moments and too comical/light in others, and the two moods clashed too much.
>>
I finally got the og Makuta set. Great upper torso, but man do those lower legs suck. I’m tinkering on modding the set to have better legs. I’m open to suggestions, especially with the knees and lower legs.
>>
>>8567977
I doubt most of you will care for it, but I always liked the Glatorian head, and it works pretty well with Makuta’s mask.
>>
File: 1604459019619.png (1.2 MB, 1151x863)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>8567939
There's a reason people like 01 and 02 more than the later years. The scope was relatively small, and it had a LOT of time to grow smoothly. Everyone can understand that most of the island is wilderness so there's not as many questions, and it's more about the adventures the characters have therein. And they had 3 years to do so. The expanded media was arguably at it's peak here, with the MNOG game, DC comics, even collectible trading cards.

03 had MNOG 2 which was just... Not as good as the first MNOG. Bohrok Kal animations were good. The 3D movie was goofy as hell and totally misrepresentative of the established setting.

04 was better although it suffered from a a lack of depth. Such a massive and complicated setting like metru Nui deserves more exploration. Those cgi teaser trailers are a frustratingly small glimpse into the world, because they show so much potential.

05 was Metru Nui but shallower. Now there's nothing going on in the city except spiders.

06 was pure edge, I think this is when the comics changed art style as well, the writing got way more comic booky and cartoonishly evil (vezon is the joker). And we really get to know nothing about this Huge Voya Nui island.

07 had toned down the edge and brought a lot more nuance to the characters. And the scope was smaller - Mahri nui was just a village and trench. But even this was underdeveloped. Same for 08.

I don't know enough to comment on 09, but I imagine it's an expansive and complex new setting that didn't get time to breathe, just like Metru Nui. and 10 was just a rushed mess.
>>
>>8567916
they arent no, neither are any of the piraka heads if you dont count the minifig ones.
theres custom parts packs for them though. but i doubt anyone has ported the canister heads.

and on that note: studio really should have more bionicle stuff in it. it's missing tons of limbs and weapons and such. not to mention there isnt a single kanohi to be found...

but hero factory gets it's whole parts list accounted for!? someones playing favorites... :P

thankfully custom parts are a thing. so you can add most of them in no problem.
>>
Has the final artakha vote started yet
>>
>>8567983
>And we really get to know nothing about this Huge Voya Nui island.
Which is really bizarre if you think about it, given all the media they had for that year. Multiple versions of Bionicle Heroes, the Voya Nui Online Game, the Piraka-Inika animations, the Free the Band promo and a shitton of Flash games. We had plenty of ways to explore the setting down to its every detail, but none of them were canon, only the books and comics. They have spent an ungodly amount of work and money creating the settings for all those games, and very little of it actually mattered in the story.
Greg's influence also increased around that time since Bob Thompson, the main "head" of Bionicle, quit Lego in 2005. And Greg was famous for his lack of visual imagination and capeshit-level writing.
>>
>>8567547
I love Katau and wanna protect them
>>
>>8567986
hero factory is CCBS, if you added break out, brain attack, and 2.0, you basiclly have the whole series.
>>
>>8567994
Polls ended three days ago. Now we're just waiting for them to rig the votes and show us results.
>>
>>8567983
>vezon is the joker.
>and we really get to know nothing about this Huge Voya Nui island
Just admit that you're biased.
>>
File: front with real color.png (354 KB, 1024x768)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
now's about the part where i'd like to start thinking about colors.

going all various shades of green isn't gonna happen. nor is my wishful thinking green with brown armor (brown representing animal skins, tying into that tarzan/ape theme)

i've gone through and recolored a number of the parts to what i know actually exists of them.

the thighs for example are only in blue, or stained gold.
same for those shoulder spikes. only in dark blue.

theres also likely to be a good bit of black/ dark grey. so having blue and dark blue might help tie those into something like dark green.

i could also completely forgo the green altogether idk
thoughts?
>>
>>8568200
Green and keetorange? Bohrok heads and those fingers exist in gunmetal so maybe use that as accent?
>>
File: silver chest.png (229 KB, 640x480)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>8568207
gotta say, i do like the silver chest. i dont know how i'd incorporate keet orange though, not many pieces are available in it...
>>
File: butt 2.png (177 KB, 640x480)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
more of her backside. now all black.
>>
>>8568222
It's funny how we went from blue to green to blue again for the color scheme, but it may be for the best. I think that gold is a solid idea, since like almost like half the skakdi used gold as a secondary color in 2006.
Also nice trips
>>
>>8568341
>since like almost like half the skakdi used gold as a secondary color in 2006.
Does Irnakk really count as a Skakdi
>>
>>8568390
>Reidak
>Zaktan
>Wait, that's it
Fuck, you got me. There's still a precedent though!
>>
>>8568122
If you count the legal votes #2 has already won.
>>
File: Spiriah.png (131 KB, 374x327)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>8560760
>Spiriah is just a huge heap of missed potential
Since we've been talking about Skakdi, I would say the opposite. I think the character Spiriah shouldn't have existed to begin with.

Skakdi were cool because they were kind of like Bionicle's orcs, a species of naturally violent and warring assholes. And it was neat to see another group of natural elementals aside from the Toa.
Then 2008 came and Spiriah's backstory retconned them into yet another "They turned evil because they got experimented/mutated" case, like a good deal of the Book's Dark Hunters.
Sure, Greg shortly after backpedaled and went all "t-they were assholes even before Spiriah's experiments!", but it's Spiriah who turned them into the violent assholes with elemental powers we got to know. Basically 2006's main villains were just a bunch of failed experiments.

Spiriah's only real purpose was acting as a sort of antagonist for the Suicide Squad plot and get BTFO by Miserix, but those roles could've been fulfilled by an existing character, like Takadox (treacherous asshole), Pridak (ex-Brotherhood employee), or Roodaka (both). Those characters pretty much did nothing after their arcs anyway.
>>
>>8567518
Really want to pick up an infected hau (not the nuva one) but i know nothing about them and they look like they'd probably be easy for someone to fake/paint to look like one. Is there anyway to tell? Is it a mask that people fake?
>>
>>8567977
>>8567978
very cool.
>>
>>8568500
Want to make the makuta tohunga from mnog
>>
>>8568497
>Spiriah
How does /biog/ feel about the Makuta species? Do they add to the lore, or do they take away from Makuta himself?
>>
>>8568517
Take away. Brotherhood of Makuta should have been an organization of Makuta's (Teridax) worshippers, not Makuta beings.
>>
File: CGI_Toa_Hewkii_Mahri.png (170 KB, 340x385)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
Why'd they have to do our boy so dirty?
>>
>>8568517
I like their concept, not a fan of their execution. Having a caste of demigod super scientists and having them all gradually fall to shadow is a neat concept in theory, but in practice making Makuta a species simply added expendable fodder for Teri. Like, no one came even close to challenging him except Mizerix, but that fucker chilled in a cave for the better part of the storyline.
(Also y no neutral Makuta who just want to be left alone and creaste fuzzy rahi in peace)
>>
>>8568585
There were neutral to good Makuta. They were executed when Teri took over.
>>
>>8568597
Well, that's a given. I mean in the main storyline. The closest we've seen is Miserix and light Teri but they don't count, since one is insane and the other one is from Greg's jerking off to AU's
>>
>>8568612
Krika tried to undermine the plan when it was safe to do so but he wasnt really a good guy.
>>
File: red.jpg (2.29 MB, 3264x2448)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>8568517
I dislike everything to do with how things proceeded with "teridax" in general. I think he's far more interesting as a computer virus/brain tumor allegory than some sneaky backstabbing Sauron rip off. as for the lesser makuta themselves, I'm partial to some of the sets so I don't want to pretend they just don't exist, but they'd probably be better as just an evolution of rahkshi; beings created by the makuta but given vastly more autonomy and personality.
>>
File: latest[1].png (746 KB, 800x530)
746 KB
746 KB PNG
Where can you download those games? The French narrator was dubbed by Benoît Allemane for crying out loud.
>>
>>8568390
Irnakk is to Skakdi what Sasquatch is to us. There is a chance that it might be human, but nobody knows for sure.
>>
>>8568725
skaksquatch
>>
>>8568725
>Skakdi leaders scared an entire race of bloodthirsty cyber orks into submission with a fucking yeti story
>>
>>8568799
Although if it's anything like Ithaqua I guess it checks out
>>
>>8568804
Skakdi don't have such creative imagination.
>>
>>8568500
They’re actually hand painted by default so I don’t think there’s any good way to tell.
>>
>>8568710
biomedia project
>>
>>8568654
This guy gets it. Also nice MOC
>>
>>8568558
They didn't, that set is too based for words.
>>
File: 68migtxqwl431.jpg (1015 KB, 3024x4032)
1015 KB
1015 KB JPG
>>8568558
He just needs a chestplate.
>>
>>8567983
>04 was better although it suffered from a a lack of depth. Such a massive and complicated setting like metru Nui deserves more exploration. Those cgi teaser trailers are a frustratingly small glimpse into the world, because they show so much potential.
This is why we need a Metru Nui fan game of some sorts. What pisses me off is that there was one in the works but it was never finished! This is the most complete footage there is of it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmiErKduke4
>>
>>8568585
>neutral makuta
not speaking up is racism and makuta aren't racist
>>
>>8569296
Yeah, they do hate everyone equally
>>
>>8568654
Good take. And definitely whatever potential an entire race of makuta should have had on paper got tossed out in actual story content where basically all but one or two of them are written like cartoon villains. That would be fine except that G1 takes itself so damn seriously that it highlights how flat they are in comparison. I’m pretty sure every one of their edgy character descriptions begin with the same combination of “sadistic, cruel, arrogant, evil” etc etc. Like even as a kid when you presumably enjoy that I found it more than a little repetitive. And cringey.
>>
what Tohunga/mctoran are possable to build?
>>
>>8569536
You can build most of them, naturally some are impossible due to having obscure mask colours.

The worst is the Le-matorans, many le-matorans use green bodies instead of lime, which don't exist.
>>
File: final colors maybe.png (308 KB, 800x600)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
skakdi girl pics:

i think i've decided on a final color scheme.
and with this blue theming- i think she fits well with a reptilian/amphibian beast. maybe not godzilla or kappa- but more american 60's lizard men. the lizard guy from monsters vs aliens comes to mind.
i think this asthetic is a nice balance between a new amphibious creature- while still retaining those swole monky attributes.

decided to design my own mask. and i've got some concept art and sketches. i'll probably start the modeling process soon- and see what comes of it.

we still need a name though.

kirza? kirzak? kirzan? of those 3 its down between kirza and kirzan for me. but i'd like to hear other peoples oppinions.

maybe a name kappa related would work well? while she is far from resembling any sort of kappa- the amphibious nature, and prominent sharp "K" is enough to make me consider it.

kappan? kappi? kappaz? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: backside final color.png (293 KB, 800x600)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>>8569694
>>
File: just a peek.png (356 KB, 1024x768)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
posing in studio is such a pain holy balls
>>
>>8567518
what do you use for the eyes?
>>
>>8569703
from last thread, its just paper behind the visor.
>>
>>8569694
Krappa
>>
>>8569694
maybe work on the inside of the thighs and the shoulders, looks a bit empty there
also different toes maybe? looks weird if they all have the same length and direction
>>
>>8569094
She’s a cutie
>>
>roodaka will never give you a reacharound
>>
>>8569915
>Roodaka will never attach a nice collar and leash to your neck, and declare youcas her “pet” and treat you surprisingly well, with some verbal and physical teases occausally each day.
>>
anyone ever made a cured Radiak using the stars hau?
>>
>>8570189
Radiak has noble, not great Hau. (Which I think looks like G2 Hau).
>>
>>8570197
do we know that, though? Jala wears a noble hau that looks just like the great.
>>
>>8569915
Why even live...
>>8569796
Rahkshi-chan at your service sir.
>>
>>8569332
Would the /biog/tribe celebrate the makuta and their creations as the matoran do mata nui.
>>
>>8570202
I love you rahkshi-Chan!
>>
>>8568954
I thought they were in the game section but it turns out they were in the Promo CDs. Thanks.
>>
anons...
Is every White Metal Krana accounted for?
theres 5000 of em, are all 5000 opened?
>>
>>8570201
Jala wears Lhikan's Hau which was supposed to be a special kind of Hau, but it somehow looks like a regular great Hau. Better not think about this shit.
>>
>>8567783
you should add some sort of lever to the shoulderblades so it's easier to pull on them, as it is you'd have to grab them by the balljoint if you want to use the function
>>
File: The winner.jpg (1.94 MB, 1728x2592)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
So, which Kanohi won.
>>
>>8570482
Probably thatone.
>>
>>8569915
I wonder how the world would've turned out if we had a matriarchal structure. Female Knights saving the prince in the tower.
>>
>>8569915
>>8570117
I hate sex addicts so much. Rodaka would kill both of you idiots. Vortrixx males are only used for labor.
>>
>>8570117
To think Vakama said no to that in the end.
>>
>>8570557
There’s these things called things “alternate universes.” In fact, Bionicle has quite a few of them already. Who’s to say there isn’t one where Roodaka keeps people as pets? Maybe there’s a universe where her main goal in “Web of Shadows” was to get a Toa to be in her pet collection?

There might even be universes in the Bionicle world where none of Greg’s asspulls and retcons exist!
>>
>>8569694
OUR GIRL GOIN' TO KRUMP ALLA 'OSE TOA BOYS
I still think Kyrza is probably the best choice. It seemed that people in the last thread also gravitated more towards Kyrza
>>
>>8570576
maybe there's a universe where you get laid
>>
>>8570321
I mean, it clearly was not something that had been planned since the start. Maybe if things had been planned from the get-go, Jaller would've had a Hau that looks like Lhikan's.
But then again, only reason set Lhikan has a different looking Hau is because reusing a mask mold from 2001 would have made him a less appealing purchase. Story wise, he might just as well worn a Hau entirely similar to Tahu's.
And let's not even mention the fact that, technically, Jaller's Hau should be Noble.

Thing is, after 2001 the concept of Turaga and Noble Kanohi was almost entirely phased out, with the designers and the story team caring about those concepts less and less. There is some shaky evidence that the mask Dume (the last Turaga set ever, by the way) wears might not even be in its Noble form, but that's another matter entirely.
All this makes the fact that some BZP autists managed to convince Greg to canonize the 2008 Matoran masks as existing versions of noble Kanohi, of all things they could have been, even more baffling.
>>
>>8570557
Roodaka is an evil bitch who deserves to be decapitated if she was actually real, however she isn't real and thus I am free to have sexual thoughts about her, now kindly fuck off.
>>
>>8570646
>as existing versions of noble Kanohi
Brain fuck-up. Meant to say
>as Noble versions of existing Kanohi
>>
>>8570204
lmao that's my picture. didn't expect it to show up here
>>
>>8569694
looks cool though the hips look a bit too skinny to look 100% female
>>
File: adigmh6e6b941.jpg (977 KB, 3240x3462)
977 KB
977 KB JPG
>>8569699
She needs some thicker thighs.
>>
File: 92208.png (69 KB, 200x200)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>8567986
>>8568035
speaking of, why not use some of the HF helmets shaped like pic related for a skakdi head? just use gears for teeth like that one Hakann moc did and it should work. Bonus: this one comes in like 6 colors.
>>
>>8568799
they're still orkish lizard people at their core, they're dumb.
>>
File: thighs.png (293 KB, 1024x768)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>>8569751
>>8570672

hows this?
compromises some ankle articulation. but i think i might do new lower legs anyway
>>
File: gappy butt.png (101 KB, 640x480)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>8570793
also leaves her butt kinda gappy. but i'm looking into filling in the underside. which would help with this
>>
>come here to see bonkles
>it's all coomer MoCs
I'm not sure what I expected.
>>
>>8570828
You're a thread too late, previous one had a bit more variety
>>
>>8570828
What kind of stuff do you like?
>>
>>8570828
I think the issue is that only handful of them are good or even just "ok"
>>
File: boobonicle.jpg (227 KB, 1755x1616)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>8570828
join us, and embrace the boob-onicle
>>
>>8570858
>>
>>8570846
to bitch an whine that's what he likes
>>
>>8570828
if you don't like the coomer MoCs be the change you want to see in the world and post your own bonk MoCs
>>
>>8569915
>sidorak gets his prostate pinned by this every night
>>
>>8570302
As long as some remain unopened there’s always that microscopic chance of finding one, I’m surprised that hasn’t had any impact on the prices for sealed kal
>>
>>8570925
Yeah in his dreams.
>>
>Genndy Tartakovsky-directed 2D animated Bionicle series never fucking ever
Y live?
>>
>>8570935
People who know about the rare krana most likely long ago figured out how to open the canisters without tearing the seals. It's difficult but possible. They're just glued onto the lid after all.
>>
>>8571182
>>8570935
What would you do with a sterling silver krana?
>>
>>8567983
I'd say 05 was edgier than 06 but it's close.
>>
>>8570557
Steltian hands wrote this post
>>
File: Winner.jpg (3.3 MB, 7039x2900)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB JPG
>>8570482
>>8570522
Unsurprisingly, this one won by a landslide.
>>
>>8570557
fuck off Brutaka
>>
>>8571197
Lick it to find out what silver tastes like.
And then have fun looking at it every other day or using it for displays.
>>
>>8571349
Anon, silver tastes like nothing. That's why it was used for tableware by the wealthy.
>>
>>8571197
I would cum.
>>
>>8571364
I know. But it won't stop me from making sure.
>>
>>8571334
I'm not happy that you can still see those fugly feet, but I'm also glad that the picture has fuzzy lines and so distance itself from that retarded moc.
>>
>>8571292
And 03 was edgier than both of them combined.
>>
>>8571378
was 03 edgy?
>>
>>8571334
Cool, I guess. I'm wondering how this would look 3D printed.

Now if only the moc looked as good as the picture...
>>
>>8571349
Silver shouldn't have a taste however maybe its gathered some from being packaged so long.
>>8571365
A fitting response.
>>8571378
Why so? I would find 08 with all the makuta mistika alot more edgier.
>>
>>8571390
>DARKNESS EVERYWHERE
>CREATURES SPAWNED FROM SHADOW
>POWERED BY FEAR, ANGER AND HATRED
>THE CHOSEN ONE ALONE AGAINST DARKNESS
That's like textbook edgy
>>
>>8571399
He doesn't have a neck and his shoulders should be broader if it were to be improved.
>>
>>8571399
Well, MOCs are MOCs. The good part is that we can build or own interpretations of it that'd look way better.
>>
File: jar.png (970 KB, 776x1088)
970 KB
970 KB PNG
>>8571334
>>
>>8571410
>>8571399
That said, the rest of the moc is well made, I just wonder how much movement all this armour allows.
>>
>>8571408
>>8571404
>>8571399
>>8571390
>>8571378
>>8571292
I don't know what are you still arguing about. Everything Bionicle is edgy and the whole Bionicle fandom is one of the greatest bastion for edgelords, surpassed probably only by Sonicfags.
>>
>>8571334
I want a print of this to go alongside my MoUP so badly.
>>
>>8571416
only a sonicfag would call sonicfans edgy, they are people with bad taste all the way down to basement dwelling poo eating retards posting their mspaint oc inflations on deviantart
>>
>>8571410
I build the torso and one leg because I don't have enough parts to replicate it and I'm too lazy to take pieces from my collection.
The legs scare me because there's no friction in those so it looks like the axle of the HF foot will snap at any moment. Also the pre-HF joint pieces can't stand the heaviness of the body, this makes it wobbly crap. Don't have most of the pieces to build the arms so I have no idea about the friction, the hammer seems solid but small and boring.

The torso itself is not that bad, albeit flat as fuck which it's something I hate with burning passion. The one I built was kinda unstable but I'm not sure if I missed some pieces in the proccess The way the hammer is held is retarded and it might break the technic piece when held for too long.
But this is just my way of coping for this Artakha being the winner, this one upstes me more than the Melding Teridax despite both having flaws concerning articulation.

But as >>8571412 mentions I can just modify the existing moc so that it can at least have more friction in the legs and a broad chest without being a complete washboard.
>>
>>8571399
Wtf why are its shoulders so fucking high up??
>>
>>8571408
Wouldn't it be edgy if the chosen one was dark instead of a literal luminous being?
>>
>>8571444
>frogposting
Also shoulder pads
>>
>>8571456
those are some pretty nice foot designs.
>>
>>8571456
I'm really not thrilled this won, good thing canon is meaningless for a dead story
>>
>>8571456
I'm more salty about the lack of a waistline, and mistika shield could probably be replace with another armor piece for a better flow. Still though, I generally think that the MOC is solid
>>
>>8571468
which did you want to win anon?
>>
>>8571456
>Also shoulder pads
Doesn’t answer the question. Why are they so high? It looks fucking retarded. Almost intentionally so.
>>
>>8571496
Something that looks less like a human wearing armor and doesn't take 10,000 rare expensive parts to build
>>
>>8571506
other than the ben 10 thighs, whats rare here?
>>
>>8571496
This fantastic moc, but of course "greebling and overdesigned"
The painted pieces are shit though, I wish WholesomeGadunka hadn't use them. Even if it meant changing the moc's structure.
>>
>>8571517
Sand green and gunmetal are. Well not super rare but compared to other colors they are very scarce and more expensive
>>
>>8571523
Holy shit this was one of the entries?? See, this one has shoulder pauldrons that manage to not be retarded.
>>
File: 1602379724178.png (552 KB, 853x513)
552 KB
552 KB PNG
>>8571550
It was meant to fail though, for me it was pic related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgoc3Z25H8&t
>>
>>8571523
is this guy afraid of monochromatic areas bigger than two parts?
also painting parts is just lazy. if the part you want to use doesnt exist in that color use another part or another color
if you need 5 cans of spray paint to make a canon accurate lego model theres probably something wrong
>>
>>8571399
The lack of a neck is the only issue I have with it, honestly.
>>
>>8571573
I think the real kicker wasn't that he painted his entry. He painted a green character black like some Netflix executive.
>>
File: 24201.png (22 KB, 202x166)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>8571589
I think the guy didn't have enough sand green pieces in some areas, so he had to paint them. Pic related is an example of this.

On the other hand, I get that he wanted to give his Artakha Alrec's color scheme but come on. I'm planning to build this one without painting any piece but, unless I change the colors for something else, this will look like a total salad of tones.
Some of these don't even exist in black or dark gray, not to mention metallic gold being rare even in normal system pieces.
>>
File: 1590884996088.jpg (54 KB, 600x750)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>8571660
And btw this was like a first version of Gadunka's Artakha, it was on his Instagram but the post was deleted.
>>
>>8571606
>like some Netflix executive
>???????
>>
>>8570644
I hope so too, triggered anon, and I wish you the same. :)
>>
File: 1601844551327.jpg (48 KB, 640x640)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>8571589
>>8571606
I wonder how the future entries would look if teeteevee decides to also ban painted pieces and illegal connections.

Shit like this is a fucking crime and the dude used it as part of his Artakha build.
>>
>>8571414
Did he put Gali in a cum jar?
>>
>>8571736
maybe there's a universe where you can come up with a better response than "triggered" and "no u"
>>
>>8571496
My own imagination, because not every single character needs to have a physical representation.

>>8571506
This too
>>
>>8571741
That illegal connection bothers me so much.
>>
>>8571741
god I am just seeing those things shatter. How the hell do people justify this shit?
>>
File: 1597176383675.jpg (284 KB, 1280x1707)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>8570828
For me, as long as the moc doesn't rely on illegal/cut pieces is okay.
Shit like this however is irking.
>>
>>8571745
Yes, I hope so as well, but I didn’t feel like putting much effort into it. However, aren’t you basically doing the same thing right now, my friend?

Also, you seem like one of the people who has a disliking for the Miramax Bionicle films. Would that be a correct assumption?
>>
>>8571758
>Also, you seem like one of the people who has a disliking for the Miramax Bionicle films
no? are you on crack?
>>
File: 1580958562546.png (742 KB, 813x636)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>8571741
>>8571753
These upset me every time they get posted
>>
>>8571742
yes
>>
>>8570557
Good thing I'm not a Vortixx male
>>
>>8571416
3, 5, and 6 were the edgiest years. Everything else was fine
>>
File: fear.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>8571741
>that technic part stressing
>>
>>8571741
disgusting
>>
Fuck I’m so glad that kingk’s obese transformer mask didn’t become canon
>>
File: 1559230684525.gif (456 KB, 200x150)
456 KB
456 KB GIF
>>8571741
>>
>>8571767
Well, usually people like you who are this uppity about coomer like joke posts about discontinued toys in a thread on 4chan on the Internet usually don’t like the Miramax Bionicle movies, for whatever reason.
>>
>>8571914
Can’t deny they have epic music
>>
>>8570557
Sex can be considered labor
Lenny face
>>
>>8571917
That we can agree on.
>>
>>8571334
The bright side is that since the art is what's up front and the moc is only pictured at the bottom of the page as an "inspired by" sorta footnote, this'd allow for ppl to make their own interpretations of this Artakha to make him better than the """official""" moc. I know I'll be making my own someday
>>
>>8571914
Cooler MOC's are cringe, yes even ironically, and the miramax films were shit
>>
>>8571937
>Cooler
Huh, I’ve never seen a Cooler MOC before. What form are the MOCs normally in?
>and the miramax films were shit
Ah, well you’ve basically invalidated everything you’ve ever said. Also, look at this reply: >>8571914

You're very easily read.
>>
>>8571937
why don't you just leave then?
>>
>>8571979
I didn't realize it was a requirement to like the shitty parts of a series instead of just the good parts
>>
>>8571979
Because he feels entitled and is 102% triggered and can’t take a joke, on a 4chan thread, about toys.

Maybe he’s underaged?
>>
>>8567518
Holy shit I want to fuck that midget Gali.
>>
>>8571758
>you will never buy Koua Tali Gahu Lehatu Onupaka Powa in store
>>
>>8571758
Do all those pieces exist from sets or were they custom made/re-painted?
>>
>>8571999
I believe her name is “Hiika”, if I remember right. In Maori, the word has something to do with fishing.

>>8572004
I didn’t know what you were talking about, then I looked back and saw what picture I posted lmao.

>>8572010
They were preexisting. However, some of the pieces just close aprixomations to what the pieces were/are look-wise. Look at brown Lewa’s “axe”. Instead of the axe, it’s a System-Technic combo club/mace instead. And then there’s green Pohatu’s rock, which is very System-based.
>>
>>8571758
Should've swapped Pohatu and Onua, since the rock actually exists in white.
>>
>>8571741
...I don't get it
>>
>>8572028
What is there to not get? The Technic parts bend, and will shatter in the future if kept like that.
>>
>>8572041
Where? Is there a pic from a different angle 'cause I ain't seeing anything
>>
>>8571530
but using sand green was part of the rules
>>
>>8572045
you dont see the technic parts bending?
>>
File: gigataka.jpg (97 KB, 752x1024)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>8571334
Really happy about it, unlike with Helryx. It takes the winning MOC and fixes its proportions (read: he doesn't look like a fatass). The piece is probably a bit too bleak for my tastes, but it fits Artakha's character as a reclusive, somewhat creepy artist.
And the mask is just really good, looks a lot better than the other entries and matches the description.
>>
>>8572050
it literally wasn't
>>
>>8572236
Hello TTV
>>
>>8571989
The only requirement here is to stop bitchin' and clogging thread with 'stop liking what I don't like'.
>>
File: husZQNy.jpg (561 KB, 2400x2900)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
>>8571334
Honestly I wish he'd submitted the version with the silver mask instead of the gold one.

The gold just clashes way too much with the color scheme as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>8571741
>Shit like this is a fucking crime and the dude used it as part of his Artakha build.
he didn't, it was a different Artakha
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14 KB, 480x360)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>8571741
Disgusting
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7 KB, 168x300)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>8571753
I like the shortstack moc but that part abuse....
>>
File: hahli_sluice.jpg (15 KB, 304x317)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Just what the fuck is protodermis anyway. How can it be both stone-like, metal like, and basically whatever the fuck the writers want it to be? Is the entirety of MU built from protodermis variants? Is it ever explained?
>>
>>8572345
It's an element, the core of the planet, and also a malignant being of great power. Basically a Great Old One.
>>
>>8572345
It's artificial matter, everything in the MU is made out of it.
There's some retcons involved here, since when protodermis was first introduced in 2001, it was said to be the "stuff of life" that was mined in Onu-Koro. It was the material living beings were made out of and MNOG was even supposed to have a character called biodermis smith who created Rahi out of random parts (biodermis was the material's early name). This was removed from the lore and making Rahi became more of a Makuta thing. The liquid the Toa fell into was also just called protodermis early on, not energized protodermis.
Then around 03-04, when the lore was massively expanded because Lego wanted to keep the franchise going, EP was separated from regular protodermis and they explained that everything in the MU was made out of proto, including different forms of liquid, wood, muscle, metal, rock, everything.
>>
>>8572345
Its the macguffin of bionicle. Acquired from the core of Spherus Magna it can both be a liquid and a solid at room temperature. It has mutagenic properties in its liquid form and is extremely durable in its solid form. Everything in the matoran universe is made from protodermis. Solid protodermis is used as their only source of metal.
Protodermis could also be made into protosteel, an alloy, and was the strongest material in the matoran universe.
>>
>>8572345
Think of it like lava/magma and stone, but mixed with mutagen.
>>
>>8572359
Ah, so that's why EP seemed malign in the serials compared to even the Antidermis-charged Brutaka.
>>8572373
Oh, thanks for clarification. Applications and descriptions of protodermis in MNOG 1&2 vs later years kind of confused me the most.
>>
>>8572380
>>8572381
I like to think of it more like plastic. Can be liquid, molten, solid, etc. When Bionicle beings themselves are plastic toys its fun thinking that their ancestors literally cracked a planet into fragments over what's basically magic fucking petroleum.
>>
>>8572399
But plastics are pretty soft, while protodermis and protosteel are supposed to be the toughest material around.
>>
While we're on the topic, is Antidermis basically Nega-Protodermis with all the same properties plus being all virus-like'n'shit?
>>
>>8572408
Protosteel is just ABS.
>>
File: 3f0Dj8z_d.jpg (18 KB, 640x442)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>8571969
He is anrgy because he doesn't have a qt3.14 rahkshi gf.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (15 KB, 225x225)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>8572425
So a Makuta's biggest fear a tub full of acentone?
>>
>>8572445
Yeah that's what the virus that ate through their armor was all along.
>>
>>8572447
A fate worse than death.
>>
>>8572399
>magic fucking petroleum
I for one think that sounds pretty badass and metapilled
>>
File: protodermis.jpg (11 KB, 448x253)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>8572345
Wait, are you guys joking or are you all legit serious? You're telling me that you don't have protodermis at home?
Wtf? How else do you create your Bionicle?
>>
File: Kino.png (1.97 MB, 1920x1080)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
>>8572263
I'm pretty sure Perp wanted to play it safe since a lot of people wanted the mask to be gold due to its legendary status and Artakha providing the Toa Mata with gold masks instead of silver, gunmetal, or sand green. I care more about the mask design so idrc. Crunch used a gunmetal mask, didn't bother to include runes and look what happened. I'm fine with a gunmetal mask but Perp made the right decision by not weighing himself down. At least you can change the mask to silver on your own version.
>>8571399
>>8571423
Galva already released a 3-D model. I really hope someone designs a version of the moc based on the artwork.
>>8572088
Exactly. The winning art makes the moc look way better. It fits the description more effectively than the other entries while at the same time not overthinking it. I'm not sure what KhingK was thinking when he believed his mask would easily win.
>>
>>8572582
>t. Angonce
>>
File: 1520527418119.jpg (1.64 MB, 1440x2560)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>8572596
Holy shit this looks cool, I'd like to know how it would look like under the 3D treatment.
>>
File: highdraxon.jpg (922 KB, 1298x1373)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
what are your favorite names from this series?
personally i'm a big fan of angonce, annona, kulta, lariska, marendar, tren krom, and trinuma
funny enough the false maori names for the most part don't do much for me
>>
>>8572621
Unironically Glatorian and Agori, I'm a bit of a simp for faux-latin
Also how'll he light that joint underwater
>>
>>8572621
MAXILOS
also "Adaptive Armors" sounds really cool, both in name and description
>>
>>8572621
Piraka names are the best.
>>
File: 20200811_202936.jpg (1.05 MB, 2400x1800)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>8572621
Maxilos.
>>
>>8572655
i love how in the books the word piraka is an allegory for nigger
"--it's rather vulgar term, there are far better words should be uttered from civilized beings--." something like that
>>
>>8572741
President Zaktann, it's an honor for me to call you... my PIRAKER.
>>
>>8572741
Tell /pol this.
>>
>>8572345
protodermis is supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek stand-in for plastic you daft cunt.
>>
>>8572798
I don't think the qboomers who took over it care about toys anon
>>
>>8567518
What would be good price for mostly complete Jetrax? It's missing Antroz's mask and some other bits.
>>
>>8572263
This, the gold looks fucking stupid on a mostly gun metal figure
>>
>>8572326
that's pretty bad as well
>>
>>8572621
Kiina. Feels like a almost real name, and I've used it for pretty much every female vidya game character I've ever made
>>
>>8573006
As a finn, Kiina is always ruined to me since that's what we call China
>>
is there a reason why the silver miru nuva is so common and cheap while the rest of the nuva masks are rare and expensive?
>>
>>8573118
My best bets are that someone either stole a whole bunch from the factory, something went wrong with the production line and they made too many accidentally or they were in some sort of parts bin in Lego event and then got in the wild
>>
WOOHOO I finally achieved OP pic status
>>
>>8573006
>Feels like a almost real name
Cause she was named after Greg's ex-wife Jackina.
>>
>>8571665
I like this way better, damn. if you just gacve this the legs from >>8571456 it'd have my vote no issue
>>
>>8573167
Jackina ironically sounds like a fake name i comparison
>>
>>8573140
Post more pictures of the cutie
>>
>>8573140
Turn her around
>>
>Ordered lego on bricklink from Spain
How fucked am I?
>>
>>8572582
>What Zero Pussy Does to MF
>>
>>8573332
They're good people.
>>
>>8573332
Going to wait for big shippy
>>
>>8573332
What did you order and from where?
t. A paella-piraka
>>
>>8572621
>I'm ballsy, I take no shit from anybody
>>
>>8573006
>>8573167
No wonder he made her have a crush on Mata-Nui.
>>
>>8573140
What a cutie, OP delivered some instructions afaik
>>8573332
Depende de la reputación del vendedor, mi estimado
>>
>>8573332
Took a week or two to get to me, but then again it was from canary islands
>>
>>8573167
>Jackina
Holy tranny Batman
>>
>>8573500
Just a small bulk of stuff. It's just that I ordered some stuff from Germany as well, and it's already here, while the stuff from Spain is nowhere to be seen
>>
File: Mask of Yandere.jpg (208 KB, 720x1280)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
What do you guys interpret as the Felnas's mouth? I always thought of the bottom section (with the mosquito stinger) as the mouth. But I've been having some second thoughts about it, and suspecting that the two lines (circled in blue) could be the mouth instead. So which is it?
>>
>>8574523
Both, no joke.
>>
>>8574281
Maybe it's because of travelling restrictions that it takes longer? i dunno. Assuming it's bricklink you should be safe I guess. I purchased sealed stuff at price that should be considered a steal to the seller and had no issue.Then again I am there.
>>
>>8567518
Lads, i recently found out that almost all my socket pieces are cracked, i used to think that only the longer limb connection sockets were prone to becoming split but under closer inspection the hand sockets and shorter double sockets have small fractures and hairline cracks. It's another fucking reminder of the hellish nature of reality where destruction and decay are omnipresent, that the works of man, even something as small as fucking bionicle cannot escape the crushing all pervasive machine like law of duality, of creation and destruction that nothing can stand against the passage of time. Been using Bionicle for escapism from obsessing over existential/metaphysical/rules of existence shit or what ever the fucking correct term is and my enjoyment of bionicle was already beginning to be ruined by being a perfectionist and rather irrational about the parts used to rebuild sets not being the exact same pieces which originally came from the same set. Now this happens and now i have to check all my sets for cracks and i won't be able to build freely without worrying about breaking my remaining good parts. Fucking demoralised. Sorry for the blog post.
>>
>>8574523
I don't. I think trying to see human faces in masks is normie and dumb.
>>
>>8573140
She's a cutie.
>>8574523
She doesnt have a mouth.
>you will never get sucky by gorast
>>
>>8574654
Tahu, and any Hau wearer, would like a word with you.
>>
>>8574632
Do they happen to be lime green pieces? That colour has been known to break easily. Dont be discouraged from mocing, most if not all limbs/connectors are cheap as heck on bricklink so you could buy em in bulk.
>>
>>8574763
Yeah those lime pieces broke years ago and i'm pretty sure i knew back then that they were an issue for everyone so i just accepted those pieces as being basically off limits to me and it hasn't really been to much of a problem anyway because it's not really a colour i use but it's happened to all of the colours not just lime, i guess it's from them having so much use, either that or i was brutal when connecting and disconnecting them as a kid. Strange that i only discovered them recently but the cracks aren't up on the loop bits of the socket they're split diagonally up from the ball joint sockets base which i assume was caused by pulling the ball joint out to one side instead of pulling it out straight. I do find it sad though to see relics of my childhood in such a state but i suppose they broke serving their purpose of allowing me to express and expand my imagination as a kid and even beyond that to my age now. I haven't used bricklink before so i'll check it out, usually use ebay which is often expensive.i don't like that there is a number to the amount of times the sockets can be used, even if i buy more they'd be on borrowed time but that's problem with everything if it's has a beginning the clock is ticking towards down its end. I love bionicle too much to stop building but i might stick to more technic based builds like vehicles for a while to avoid the worry until i get over it. Be nice to not care about the pieces in the sets i rebuilt from the chaos off the parts boxes being from different sets and not being original to that set. It's quite stupid because they're lego and are supposed to dismantled and rearranged and after all these years any set i buy is bound to not be 100% original or have broken parts that need replacing, the only way would be to buy those really expensive sealed ones. does this even matter to anyone else? I doubt it does due to their nature of being construction toys.
>>
>>8573959
Canary islands? That doesn't seem that far from Spain itself. Guess I should just grease myself up with some patience then since I live in Norway
>>
File: Jutlin2.jpg (27 KB, 344x324)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>8574654
I would agree, if it weren't for the fact that most Kanohi do have a mouth or a mouth area. And all Makuta Kanohi (except , I guess, the Kraahkan's main side) clearly do.
>>
>>8575019
>That doesn't seem that far from Spain itself.
It's roughly a 3-4 hour flight from Madrid, they are deceptively further away than the maps show.
>>
>>8573006
Please, hit me with some nice Kiina artwork, I'm starving. (SFW pls).
>>
>>8567518
Say it with /biog/
>Ga-matorans are for ________
>>
>>8575569
Stalking their soon to be toa GF
>>
>>8575569
for SPORTS! SPORTS! SPORTS! SPORTS!
>>
>>8575596
is Vhisola ded?
>>
>>8575569
Handholding.
>>8574922
Bricklink is ideal for parts. From my experiences the parts were almost brand new every time. Connectors and liftarms go for cents. To me it doesnt really matter if a set contains the original parts, you could ask is Tahu still Tahu if you make him from your own parts?
>>
>>8575596
I Kneel
>>
>>8575723
>you could ask is Tahu still Tahu if you make him from your own parts?
Thats some Theseus ship kind of shit.
Although no canister no buy, at least for early years
>>
File: IwfEV8DE_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>8570576
>Roodazyn the Infinite
>>
File: Ga-koro.jpg (12 KB, 338x149)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>8575569
Plant-based fiber production, as it is an extremely important product in craftsmanship, and it doesn't seem like any other village produces industrial grade fibers.
>>
>>8576865
>>Roodazyn the Infinite
Mmm eshplain, please.
>>
>>8576897
There's this schmuck in 40k called Trazyn the Infinite who's obsessed with collecting all types of lore, artifacts and even people. He'll get them through deception, manipulation and oftenly, extreme trolling.
>>
>>8576908
How does he treat them after collecting them?
>>
>>8576972
Depends. He mostly locks them up in stasis and arranges them in dioramas like a fucking action figure collector. He does let them out on an occasion though.
>>
>>8572257
why do the miramax movies suck so much shit?
>>
>>8577013
Casue you're mentaly retarded that's why. They're better than 90% of kids movie made at that time or today.
>>
File: fixed.png (40 KB, 532x496)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>8571741
>>
>>8577010
What do they usually think of the whole situation?
>>
>>8577018
This
>>
>>8576972
Idk how do you treat your bonkles minus the canibalizing them for shitty mocs part
>>
>>8577018
I think it's a fair assesment to say they are better than most kids media but not by a longshot, music is good but rather generic, character designs take artistic liberties for better and worse but the plots are a mess and seem nonsensical to anyone not familiar with the source familiar to a near autistic degree given the amount of plotholes. The movies have great atmosphere, Miramax tried to nail the feel of the commercials and sorta achieved it, probably had to be toned down to not be too scary. But all this together just makes a better than average kids film.
>>
>>8577018
trolls2 is more popular than bionicle
>>
>>8577112
They're literally frozen in time, so they're usually have a mindfuck moment when they're brought over.
I'm not that well versed in 40k lore though, so I don't know what the individuals captured by them feel like. I'd be down though, since it beats living in the grimdark hellscape that is 41st millenium.
>>
Y'all heard about stud.io and the custom bionicle parts?
>>
>>8577184
There's an anon here who does studio mocs. He's making a skakdi girl MOC rn, but I haven't heard from him in a while
>>
>>8577160
>popular=good
yeah, you're definitely retarded
>>
>>8577249
trolls lego sets are better than bionicle
>>
>>8577156
Don't underestimate kids. Only out-of-touch adults think that kids are too stupid to understand complex stories and think some dumb shit like peppa pig is the only thing child will be able to understand.
And I for example hated Aladin so fucking much as a kid and I hate it even to this day, because of that retarded "prince" plothole everyone seems to ignore. "Plotholes" in Bionicle movies are minimal compared to some other popular movies, yet disneyshit always gets a pass because it's a fucking disney (unless it's a sequel), while other, better-animated films remain victims of autistic, biased cherrypicking.
>>
>>8577249
Stop biting the fucking bait, anon
>>
>>8577264
is not bait, is truth
>>
>>8571969
>What form are the MOCs normally in?
It depends. MOCs like something Eli J. Brony are in jobber form. MOCs like something Trimondius would make are base form.
>>
>>8577305
>Eli J. Brony
Just googled the dude's MOCs and I can't say I have a gag reflex. They're definitely on the plain side with mostly stock CCBS "put shells on a bare skeleton" affair.

Why do so many people absolutely fucking refuse to experiment with CCBS? It has potential to be a terrific addon to the usual technic-shit with all the extra pinholes and balljoints and shell armor.
>>
>>8577332
I'm not saying a purely ccbs won't come out looking like ass but refusing to use any at all to balance the greeble with smoother surfaces here and there is just autism.
>>
>>8577332
Because usually when you stick something into those pinholes, the armor starts to look more disjoined and fat.
>>
>>8577184
Yes. For some time now
>>8576870
Are they the only ones with rope and fibers?
>>
>>8575569
mating presses
>>
File: FqMKxeI.jpg (2.48 MB, 6600x4800)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
>>8571334
>>8572596
>too poor to afford a 3D version that won't snap easily
It sucks, but what a sick looking Kanohi. Can't wait to see how it looks irl.
>>
>>8577426
I can imagine Le-Koro also being a market for fiber production, but I don't remember seeing looms or related equipment in their village. They probably export it to everyone else
>>
>>8577063
Isn't this still illegal? Those 3-length pieces can't rest flush because of the ball-joint, so the axle connection above would be stressed.
>>
>>8569696
>>8569699
I gotta say, it's looking up to be amazing. All you need is that good old grin and chin and we got ourselves a deal. My favorite part has to be the torso and the use of Bohrok "heads" for the chest.

Kept working on an idea for a G3 story, which I first mentioned back then >>>/x/1208196, where the Toas are Champions that wield masks passed each generation. This is the concept I came with for five of the leads:

> Fire Champion
A scribe who was chosen by the mask of fire against all expectations, despite lacking any training, and has a hard time dealing with this new position he feels unworthy of.
His weapons are claws that can cut and melt the strongest metal and absorb the heat in the air to create fireballs, spray flames and even serve as thruster Iron-man style.

> Stone Champion
A muscle lady, built like G2 Onua, who was chosen by the previous Champion for her strength but also taught out of being a bulli to become a protector of the weak. She's still quite rough around people, but in a friendly way.
She wields a hammer that, combined with her strength, can split the largest boulder.

> Air Champion
An hermit who lives deep in the jungle and was raised by his predecessor after becoming the pariah of his village as a child. He is a misanthropist who protects the jungle and its fauna before his own kind and he doesn't take kindly to other tribes intruding on his domain.
He wields a pair of Boomerangs he can use to glide on the wind, Lewa-style.

(1)
>>
>>8577680
(Darn link)

> Water Champion
A sarcastic and opportunistic thief who has been stealing from pirates and tribes ever since he was a kid trying to survive. He still tries to help children like him in hopes they don't become like him, which made the mask of water judge him worthy of wielding it. He found it after stealing from pirates who had discovered it for the first time in centuries. He uses his new powers for his own gain and argues that he doesn't owe anything to his tribe since, according to him, it has never done anything for him.
He uses a harpoon as a grappling hook and a hook-shaped dagger for close combat and grabbing objects.

> Ice Champion
A guard whose father previously wielded the mask before DIA. She keeps a tough and imperturbable attitude to hide her insecurities and fear of disgracing her father and her ancestry of warriors. In trying to maintain appearances, she ends up isolating herself from others.
Her labrys splits into two ice axes for climbing.

I still have yet to figure something for Earth guy/gal. I was thinking of an hunched elder who's still quite strong and fast for his age though.

How's that for a main cast? You should get good interactions out of some of them, especially fire guy and ice gal, but there are things I'm thinking of rewriting, like water guy's bio implying that there are classes among tribes. I don't know if those are waters I want to venture into.

I'm not certain about some weapons either. I know I want fire guy to stand out with claws instead of another fire sword, but I don't know about boomerangs and harpoons.

(2/2)
>>
>>8568517
Krika best 2008 character
>>
>>8571416
in every bionicle discord there are trannies and mods offended by anything
>>
>>8577369
>>8577369
Completely Flat smooth surfaces were never part of the bionicle aesthetic
>>
>>8577781
At this point, what even is and is not Bionicle aesthetic? Every form of media across both generations have had different idea about it.
>>
>>8577642
What you're describing would still be bad (not to mention it would heavily depend on what those double holes collect to), but you could still cheat by using 3Ls and then putting a half-width washer between those two pieces. Still wouldn't be great for structural integrity, but it would at least be legal.
>>
File: SOYLEK.png (1.37 MB, 1449x2130)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>8577751
>>
>>8577867
Makes me wish Solek had been a gal. The mask would certainly fit.
>>
>>8577873
I think that's still a guy...
>>
>>8577876
That's fine too
>>
File: 1604254102653.png (1.04 MB, 1024x1308)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>8577873
It's still pretty interesting that the years when they actually went out their way to be like "Uh, actually, there are girls that aren't blue", they did almost nothing with it. Gorast is still the only one that kinda breaks the mold. In a way I respect G2 for making Korgot female, even if that wasn't the original intention with the sets.
>>
>>8577792
Just because there was a variety of styles doesn't mean anything goes
>>
>>8577873
It's one of scant few beardmasks, anon.
>>
>>8577886
I mostly appreciate it was a "also this is some neat trivia" type deal and nothing more instead of shoving it down people's throats like other groups might have, especially in 2015 of all years.
>>
File: and.png (195 KB, 423x430)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>>8577876
>>
>>8577886
did HF had any female sets aside from Breeze?
>>
File: 44029-1.jpg (603 KB, 2370x1800)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>8577923
Pic related :). But in all seriousness, I'm not that deep in HF lore, and there might be some villain I'm not aware of.
>>
>>8577886
the only one who deserves an ounce of respect for the story is Ryder Winham who made the books
>>
File: BONEr.jpg (623 KB, 1200x1599)
623 KB
623 KB JPG
>>8577928
Don't care who did it, but I'm happy it still happened.
>>
>>8577933
I miss Kultaposting
>>
File: Kulta.png (134 KB, 275x276)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>8577937
Kultaposting was the best shit
>>
>>8577927
Remember that heartwarming scene with Breeze ("No one wants war."), where she really felt like the hero of this episode, and how they had to ruin it seconds later? Yeah, screw IfB. For this and for changing the voice actors.
>>
>>8577933
>>8577937
>>8577950
Does anyone still have that Hoss Delgado edit with Kulta's face?
>>
>>8572331
Is there non ant ver of this pic?
>>
>>8577989
just google rahkshi lynna
>>
>>8577867
We solekians now?
>>
>>8577887
Yeah, only the thing you like, amirite?
>>
>>8577897
>>8574654
>>
>>8577933
the bellend should be the head of a skull warrior facing upward
>>
>>8578005
Just saying, flat square shells are objectively uninteresting. Both compared to normal bionicle aesthetic and just in general.
>>
>>8577867
Someone needs to do a moc of basedlek
>>
Anyone have any pictures of big fat sold dragon/lizard mocs that I can't find with just a quick search?
>>
>>8578097
*solid
>>
>>8573118
I think it came in one of those bulk parts bins.
>>
Thanks to the kung flu I've spent the last couple weeks sorting through all of the miscellaneous bullshit I've built up after buying lot after lot of Bionicle for specific pieces. Anything that isn't a complete set I'm dismantling, logging on Rebrickable, and sorting into plastic takeaway containers. I'm most of the way through and my coffee table is currently stacked with containers. Any of yous done the same?
>>
>>8578006
Seeing faces is literally normal human behavior, even in places there are none. If you can't identify facial features in masks of all things then there is unironically something wrong with you.
>>
>>8578006
idk I see them as whiskers
>>
>>8578097
The only moc I like from Rao, her bioformers bullshit really are overdesigned greebling fuckhuges.
>>
>>8577989
Yes, sauce: Lynna by Biorockdude
She's the OG rahkshi girl.
>>
>>8577642
If those 2 mata hand connectors are flush against each other then its adding another balljoint would deffinetly be illegal.
>>8577873
Moc a fem solak, anon.
>>8577886
I liked having korgot as a female. I thought it didnt make sense that certain elements were locked to certain genders.
>>
>>8578135
Chronic face pareidolia is one of the early symptoms of schizophrenia onset.
In other words: no u
>>
File: IMG_20201121_174256.jpg (2.23 MB, 3648x2410)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
Hey /biog/... Lego fag here getting ready to sell a bunch of Bioncle parts that came in a used bin of Lego. Can you tell me what I got in pic related and how much I should sell it for? Any assistance is appreciated.
>>
File: 1594929921149.png (59 KB, 426x496)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>8578578
>those mini Visorak
>those Krataa
>those keetorange heads/claws
>the Tohunga parts
Sometimes I envy you fuckers, good luck to whoever ends up getting those
>>
how effective are 3d printed lego parts?
>>
>>8578578
I'll buy all those tohunga parts off of you for 20 bucks.
asdfghgfd@protonmail.com
>>
>>8578578
Those tohunga parts are sought after.
>>8578603
Sometimes the are too loose and sometimes too light. Find some1 with good reviews.
>>
>>8578593
>>8578625
>>8578690
Thanks dudes. I have just listed it on ebay starting at $19.99 if you want to bid on it.
>>
>>8577691
I like the ideas so far, a harpoon is a fitting weapon for someone who would spend alot of their time in the water. Boomarangs make alot more sense for the element of air then stone as in g2.
You could give earth champion a flail of some kind. Maybe with a huge boulder? Maybe they could have a sling as a weapon and fire stone projectiles?
>>
>>8577867
>>8577876
About to get me a femboy Bionicle BF!
>>
>>8577143
Well, they need to be dusted and cleaned, but once I do that, I either have them posed for a while, or I put them in a bin so they don’t get lost/broken/damaged.
>>
>>8577262
This is kind of random, but it’s still in the same subject. I think Batman: The Animated Series, as well as Justice League and JL Unlimited, and Samurai Jack are some of the best “kids” cartoons. There’s actual conflict, and characters actually die, and not every single episode has a happy-happy-joy-joy ending. They would also sometimes tackle more more adult themes. This particular scene comes to mind: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YOooJW5SSDA (that one line gets me every time)
Remember when those kinds of cartoons were a thing?
>>
>>8577886
So, that makes Kivoda (Protector of Water) a femboy, right? That’s been my headcanon, because femboys are great.
>>
>>8578578
Does anyone know what the brown mask-looking thing up top is? Looks like Avak's head, but with the spine cut off.
>>
>>8578937
It looks plastic, so it's not an Avak head at least. There's some other non-bonk stuff in there so it may well be from another franchise.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (321 KB, 1600x926)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>8578937
>>8578948
The Piraka canisters had detachable masks built into their lids. A lot of people didn't know you could take them off, and most of them ended up in landfills.
>>
>>8578957
You could take them off but they literally didn't connect to anything
>>
>>8578957
Interesting. I had 2 Piraka and I never knew about this.
>>
File: EezP4uPUEAArmIz.jpg (290 KB, 1536x2048)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>>8578968
https://twitter.com/Jacksontreid/status/1291635778120908801?s=20
People found ways to make it work
>>
>>8579013
From what I can tell, this has one problem. It seems like it would prevent you from including an eye piece.
>>
>>8578957
How much do they sell for? I have 3 and no use for them.
>>
>>8579083
About a dollar or so on Bricklink, though Thok's is 3 for some reason
>>
>>8579084
It's Thok. The best Bionicle.
>>
>>8579249
Can't comment on that as I never got Thok itself. Only Irnakk, and since I already had Vezok and Reidak, didn't bother to take it apart just for Thok
>>
>>8578869
True. I don't think you can find stuff like that in today's cartoons. Many people say that Clone Wars are like that and try to convince me to watch it. But I don't know, I still consider even the original life action SW movies too childish. Also, I don't think that I ever saw a kid being interested in it. Only adults. I prefer the stuff you mentioned TAS, Jack. Also, the first Pokemon movie has deeper thoughts than any recent oscar-winning garbage.
>>
>>8579276
Which Clone Wars? Genndy’s Clone Wars (the one made by Genndy, the guy who made Samurai Jack), or the CGI The Clone Wars one?
>>
File: the_dialogues.jpg (119 KB, 800x1224)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>8579298
Dunno. But probably the cgi.
>>8579255
Go ahead and build him. You can always put Irnakk back together. That's what lego is for.
>>
>>8578106
I'm a mad collector with a complete collection of G2 sets and working towards the same for G1. Not having shelf space for more than one year at a time has pretty much forced me to sort the rest away in a compact and orderly fashion, currently I'm at a stack of 9 assortment cases (plus a few random bags and boxes) and starting to worry the containers might cost me more than the collection itself by the time I'm done. Haven't used Rebrickable yet since the point was mostly to get stuff out of the way, but probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start doing that at some point. Right now I just have a spreadsheet to keep track of what can be found where.
>>
>>8578829
Thanks. Maybe the harpoon is not so bad. I agree, boomerangs were a pretty odd choice for Pohatu. It would have worked better for Lewa, considering how uninteresting his sword things were.
Both suggestions sound good. I'm actually thinking of switching the rock champion to the earth champion and give either of those weapons to a new rock champion.
Thanks again for the feedback.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (57 KB, 800x573)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>8578328
> Moc a fem solak, anon.
I wish I could.
>>
File: Femvoda.png (186 KB, 687x562)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>8578877
Yes. Yes he is.
>>
>>8579394
I think it fits, since 'Straya Pohatu was one of the best things in G2
>>
>>8579357
I mean, I might, but considering how almost all of my childhood sets are not put together, and they're like 200 km away from me right now, it's not that easy.
>>
bunch a homos, I wanted milkers
>>
>>8579409
Very nice. We need more femboy Bionicle.
>>
>>8579492
Aren't femboys kinda gay?
>>
>>8579596
But what if it's a femboy with a badass /fit/ girl?
>>
>>8579596
And?
>>
>>8579276
What's your metric for "childish"? Because Bonkle is definitely more Childish than any of the Lucas-era Star Wars films.
Of course, that doesn't make bonk bad. I just find the notion of avoiding "childish" things, well, childish. If it's good, it's good.
>>
>>8579635
That's Kiina and Berix tho Kiina is just adhd weirdo with toaphilia and betrays him for Mata Nui's BTC.
>>
>>8579662
>SM folks are mostly organic with implants despite what Tinseldownies showed in TLR
>Mata Nui creates himself a Toa-based form
>Kiina is literally a technophile who's turned on by gears, sensors and other shit
Guess we know who draws all that Roodaka hentai now.
>>
>>8579656
>bonkle
Stopped reading right there.
>>
DOUBLE IS A BULLY AND HAS TO BE STOPPED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMT__gcy-rU&start=2140
>>
>>8579677
I'm pretty certain that they won't be doing all the contests they have planned, since the community will implode before they make it that far.
>>
>>8579667
>use childish text to emphasize the point about Bionicle being childish
>"I'm too mature for your memes, so I don't need to respond to your point."
Okay, actual child detected. I'm sorry corona means you'll never see an R-rated film in theaters.
>>
Do any of you guys have the Mata masks and headpiece for studio? I haven't been able to find a download for them since Lehvak had a shitfit and took em down.
>>
>>8579656
>Because Bonkle is definitely more Childish than any of the Lucas-era Star Wars films.
[Laughs in stinky the Hutt,
and Jar Jar,
and farting alien camel]
>>
Fuck Star Wars
>>
>>8579704
Why the fuck are you so salty? And why are you trying to play the "adulthood" card on /toy/ board?
>>
Once you understand that the ones who hate Bionicle the most are Bionicle-fans to begin with, your enjoyment of the franchise goes up tenfold.
>>
>>8579801
Wait, you mean you don't hate %franchisename% with a burning passion and you call yourself a true %franchisename% fan?
>>
>>8579798
Stop projecting. I'm laughing at kids pretending they're mature on /toy/ by calling things childish on a Bionicle thread.
>>
>>8579726
>he forgot MNOG has fart jokes
>>
>>8578957
It makes me angry to this day that my canisters ended up in landfills in general because I realized they could've been part for mocs
>>
>>8579836
Or parts of dioramas if you have the space and are particularly DIY-oriented.
Using glued Bohrok canister lids for an underground hive diorama or plopping a Toa Mata canister for a beach diorama all seem like cool ideas for hand-crafted displays
Even Mahri thingies could be used as a base for some technic-based monolith if you think about it. Mistika canisters are the only one I can't think of use for in DIY on the spot.
>>
File: trap.jpg (13 KB, 359x336)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>8579817
You laugh at nothing. Everyone is laughing at you because you're mad as hell when someone dares to touch your autistic movies.
>>
File: 1605651252596.jpg (29 KB, 680x656)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>8579849
>use glue
>>
>>8580076
Not in the actual MOCs, duh. I wonder if anyone sells just straight up canister lids though.
>>
>>8580079
I know. I'm just too much of a purist to even think about it though. Though I have seen 1 or 2 cool looking gas masks using Metru lids
>>
File: fatangel.png (2.71 MB, 1126x1393)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB PNG
>>
>>8571334
Who's going to be the next being with a character contest? Nidhiki or the Toa Hagah?
>>
File: solek.jpg (188 KB, 443x584)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>8577867
based
>>
>>8580140
I exhaled a bit faster than usual.
>>
>>8580105
I probably wouldn't do so either, since ideally I would prefer to both have untampered canisters to actually store and disposable ones to use in DIY shit. I can only imagine the costs though.
>>
>>8571334
>>8571414
T-this looks so, wrong...
>>
>>8580381
It will look fine when someone makes a better MOC with less retarded design
>>
>>8579492
now that seems like an interesting challenge: how to make a bonk that is feminine enough to be a femboy but not feminine enough to just be a girl.

might just try that when I get back home and have access to my bionicles.
>>
>>8580394
I pray some talented guy will make a revamped version of this canon Artakha.
I'd try but I suck at mocing, plus I don't have enough parts to try make one either.
>>
>>8580381
I always thought the Takanuva chestplate made him look like a fatty, can't believe he has two more of those fucking things on the back of his legs.
The more I look at this damn thing the more I have to get assmad about.
>>
File: Hand over the sauce.png (402 KB, 603x434)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
>>8580140
You don't just serve pasta and not give sauce.
>>
>>8578562
And how is seeing a face in something that is covering a face and has eye holes "chronic pareidolia" instead of a healthy amount of it, faggot?
>>
File: fatdaka 1.jpg (225 KB, 1366x1526)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>8580481
The original twitter post was deleted
>>
File: fatdaka 2.png (561 KB, 1120x1378)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>8580662
>>
File: 1600654792813.png (278 KB, 974x916)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>8580671
>>
>>8580431
>I always thought the Takanuva chestplate made him look like a fatty
Yup, I'm happy the now canon art make him look muscular and with pecs but damn the build makes him flat as hell while being square at the same time.
>>
>>8580054
Project any harder, and I could shove a DVD up your ass and watch a movie.
>>
>>8580777
Holy trips
>>
>about to get a Roodaka and a boxful of 02-06 for $30
>sorry my son changed his mind he wants to keep them
fuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>8577950
That skull guy image reminded me of this Hoss Delgado meme
>>
File: Skull Delgado.png (6 KB, 268x276)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>8577950
in fact...
>>
>>8580431
He's a thumb with no neck.
>>8580159
Yours? Nice moc
>>8579397
Why not? Are you lacking the parts?
>>
>>8581076
Which Makuta keeps making all these Rahkshe?
>>
File: IMG_20201120_212615.jpg (1.51 MB, 2976x3968)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>8581082
The best makuta~
>>
File: 1582578671358.jpg (104 KB, 668x391)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>8581098
Booba
>>
>>8581082
Makuta's daughters are very effective at persuading toa to give up their secrets.
>>
>>8570482
>>8571334
>>8572263
>>8572596

Shouldn't the mask also have an Official name? It's still only called Mask of Creation.
>>
>>8581192
I'm surprised they didn't go for it too. But for the time being I'll call it Kanohi Hanga
>>
>>8580381
I think that head can even look up, let alone turn that much

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH27vLfpyFG/?fbclid=IwAR291voF0B1aQG2s6K1p1jUocJFYX9jX6zzZNWhKyToDLk5UYaVWPkHzNMk
>>
>>8581192
Shhh! Don’t give TTV any funny ideas! Do you want the mask to be named something stupid and unpronounceable?

>>8581308
Why that name?
>>
>>8579733
Yes, now that Didney has ahold of it.
>>
>>8581066
>>8581069
I came
I cummeded
>>
>>8580777
Whatever helps you sleep at night spergo. But everyone can how much assblasted you are.
>>
>>8581375
I think Hanga is the Maori word for creation.
>>
>>8581445
Amateur: Painfully obsess over a character's name only to end up with something that still doesn't sound right.
Connoisseur: Throw that shit into a maori translator and be done with it.
>>
>>8580662
> Like she'd let Sidorak feed her instead of Vakama...
>>
>>8581618
No, see, Vakama plans to FEED Sidorak TO her.
>>
>>8579677
Good. Fuck Double.
>>
>>8581192
>>8581308
>>8581375
Greg can't canonize any new names since those would have to get approved by Lego's legal team. And since nobody at Lego gives a fuck about Bionicle anymore, it's just impossible.
>>
>>8581682
Then how come he can still “””””””canonize””””””” appearances? I’m not doubting you, just wondering.
>>
>>8581697
He can't, but the bonk community will take anything they can get. AndTTVwilltakeanypoweritcangetoverthebonkcommunity
>>
>>8581697
Cause that doesn't cost anything. But Greg used to say that back in the day, approving Bionicle names would costs thousands of dollaridoos for Lego, thanks to the Maori fiasco.
>>
>>8581682
I'm not sure how that works, but I guess canonizing names has something to do with copyright and/or trademark, or maybe even with this whole Maori controversy. That's why every new term in Bionicle had to go through legal checks.

I remember back in 2010 somebody on the story team proposed the name "Zirahk" for the yellow Rahkshi, but that name didn't get approved by the legal team. Same with the names of the 2007 Pit Prisoner contest winners.

So yeah, adding new names to Bionicle is kinda a complicated and fiddly process, and since the theme's dead nobody's really willing to go through all that stuff. That's why every name that has been given to previously unnamed characters by Greg in response to fan demand was one that was already used in the theme (i.e. Naho, Midak, Nektann etc.)
>>
>>8581788
meant to reply to
>>8581697
>>
>>8581733
>Hey Greg, is this canon?
>Eh, sure, why not.
>How about this?
>Yeah, I guess.
>Can my nonsensical Rahi reproduction headcanon be true?
>Sure, knock yourself out.
Every time I read Ask Greg archives I have a sensible chuckle.
>>
>>8581788
>>8581733
Remember that time when Greg said he had the Lego-approved name for the Shadowed One, but instead of telling people his name, he pulled a “ Well I’m taking my ball and I’m going home!” because he was butthurt and never said. He’s a loser.
>>
>>8581968
his canon name is Tso, like General Tso's chicken
>>
>>8581968
well no wonder considering the backlash he received after revealing Teridax's name
besides, not knowing TSO's name just adds to the mystery. i like things the way they are
>>
>>8581968
To be fair, Bionicle isn't Lord of the rings and Greg isn't Tolkien. There's no need to know the backstory of every rock in the world since the dawn of time.
>>
>>8582027
>>8582041
What would you rewrite about lore if you could, beside love not being canon?

I've never read Greg's stories, but the whole lore he created seems to be so big I wouldn't know where to start for fear of everything crumbling down like a house of cards. I guess I'd at least try to simplify things a bit, probably rewrite Makuta and Mata Nui back into being genuine brothers, like two AI programmed to work together would be.

I'd probably also be tempted to rework the giant robot, if not drop it altogether, cos, even as a kid, I found it ridiculous that it all took place inside a mecha. Maybe it would have just contained Metru Nui and the other islands, like Voya Nui, were outside of it.

While there were good ideas in the later years, I still miss the spirit of the earlier years, especially 2004 and 2005, which I enjoyed the most story-wise. I'm just mixed.

Maybe you're better off creating whole new continuities bearing the Bionicle title, like G2 did. Starting fresh, lightened of all the previous lore, was probably the best thing they could do.
>>
>>8582129
Giant robot was the whole point of the story from the get-go. It's just that Greg kinda twisted it to suit his own needs.
>>
>>8582129
>I'd probably also be tempted to rework the giant robot, if not drop it altogether, cos, even as a kid, I found it ridiculous that it all took place inside a mecha.
Mata Nui being a giant robot was planned from the very beginning you fucking casual
>>
>>8582129
>Maybe it would have just contained Metru Nui and the other islands, like Voya Nui, were outside of it
Voya Nui WAS outside. The only main story locations inside the robot were Metru Nui and Karda Nui.
>>
>>8582151
>Voya Nui WAS outside
I still don't understand how it survived being launched several kilometers up in the air and through a metal barrier said to be unpenetrable.
>>
>>8582135
>>8582138
Yeah I know, and I think it's a cool concept. I'm just perplexed about some of the implications and the retcons done by Greg, like a 40 million feet tall robot being like a brother to 14 feet tall Makuta and vice-versa.
>>
>>8582162
Don't quote me on this, but I think the robot was originally intended to be much smaller, but yeah. There's that gif of it running across Earth and it could crush continental Europe under one foot, which is honestly way too big.
>>
>>8582151
It was? I think I get it now. The map of the islands were not inside the robot but on its surface, just like Mata Nui. That sounds way less stupid than what I've been thinking all those years.

Call me out for realizing the obvious only now but I'm not really a connoisseur on the detailed lore. That's mostly due to not reading the stories since I didn't speak English back then and I couldn't find translations in my tongue - or I couldn't be arsed to when I wanted to buy toys and get more movies.
>>
>>8582165
I heard the same rumors. I watched the video, and they seriously went overkill with it. Bara Magna had to be huge for Mata Nui and Teridax to fight on it without killing any of the major characters.
>>
File: Matoran_Universe.png (994 KB, 710x929)
994 KB
994 KB PNG
>>8582174
>The map of the islands were not inside the robot but on its surface
If this is the map you're thinking of, then no, those islands actually are the ones on the inside, with artificial gravity and all that stuff. Voya Nui was outside at the time of the 2006 story because of the Great Cataclysm, but later went back to its original position, which is why it's also on the map.
>>
>>8582193
Good thing I'm not a normie cos I would have given up long ago.
>>
new bread?
>>
>>8582234
Go for it.
>>
>>8582241
im scared ;_;
>>
>>8571414
Underrated post
>>
>>8582283
Ohmy Mata-Nui... the realization came to me just now.
>>
>>8582334
What are your eyes seeing?
>>
>>8582041
Idk, I'd probably like to know if at least Matoran society has paper books, or at least something like papyrus. Cause writing all the shit on tablets has GOT to be pretty taxing
>>
>>8582353
Greg actually wrote a bit where Toa Nuva were surprised when they found literally the only piece of paper in the universe and wondered why would someone write down anything on such a flimsy material.
>>
>>8567518
>>8567518
>>8567518
>>8567518
>>
>>8582377
>>8582377
>>8582377
>>8582377
>>
File: rthrhrhrh.jpg (152 KB, 1279x677)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>8582353
Well, there's cloth because they use flags and banners and the movies gave the Turaga robes. Writing on textile could be an alternative to carving everything on rocks. They had actual paper in MNOG II but it was declared non-canon.
I used to think Lhikan wrapped the Toa stones in paper when he gave them to Vakama and co, but apparently it was just thin foil.
>>
>>8582165
You can tell it was meant to be smaller by simply looking at the canon size of Mata Nui (the island). If it covered the entire face as usually depicted, the GSR would need to be about 25 heads tall, which is funny to imagine but clearly doesn't match the actual design.
>>
>>8581420
>Me: "Wow, you're projecting."
>You: "HAHAHA ASS MAD I'M DEFINITELY MOT ANGRY!"
Dude (or ma'am or xir or whatever identifier your sperging ass conjured for yourself), I never even said I was a Star Wars fan. No one even criticized Star Wars. They described it as childish - a point I didn't even deny - and then you went ballastic with the mere suggestion that a merchandise-driven franchise for ages 6-14 was more childish than Star Wars.
This isn't even funny anymore. It's just sad.
Though it does become funny again when I realize you're a 12-year-old (or the mental equivalent) screeching about how mature your taste in edgelord magic robot sci-fi is superior to space wizard fantasy.
>>
>>8583169
You must be the walking definition of assburgers.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.