[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cowpoke.png (252 KB, 500x332)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
/osg/ 1/6th General: Waiting Edition
From the last thread,
>bootleg rangers in stock and shipping, of good quality despite cheap prices
>Leon Kennedy is now for sale at an arm and a leg at your favorite retailers
>there was a mr.x unofficial figure for sale but it's sold out now
>possible 3rd party 1/6th mgs2 snake teased by LIMtoys again
>all's quiet on mondo's doomguy front
>ASMUS toys V announced
>ASMUS TOYS VERGIL DELUXE in stock at retailers
>ASMUS TOYS Vergil DMCV announced
>DMCV Dante shipping
>New special edition hot toys star wars kenner figures up
>hot toys Cody for pre order
>hot toys jedi knight anikin and obiwan available for pre order
>anon makes a sexy custom classic doomguy kit
>anon makes custom MGS1 snakes
>hot toys spider-man 2099 ships
New shit
>Hottoys Jango Fett gets final product pics, goes up for pre-order
>More pics of LIMtoys Arthur, they're "working diligently to make sure it ships in the year"
>Hottoys is doing a figure of Tom Hardy's Venom
Last Thread: >>8494333
>>
The new pics of the LIMtoys Arthur look incredible
>>
>>8535089
>>8545221
Posts of Venom and the new 3rd party Hunk
>>8516737
>>8502250
>>8501466
Pics of the new Clouds and X-men in 1/6th

There's also some new figures by the guys who did those old foxbox figures like Zeus, Hermes, and Hades.
>>
Hottoys are doing a Tusken Raider figure
>>
>>8559265
>Hottoys are doing a Tusken Raider figure
it'll probably end up like all the other figures they teased with a torso shot
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (234 KB, 1600x1200)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>ebay store cancelled my order due to problems with air mail during COVID-times
oh well
go get this arm if you want - it's Age of Ultron-something right arm.
It looks so cool and would look great on my kitbash-character but whatever. It was the last one in that shop.
>>
What was the MGS2 Snake Tease from LIMToys again? Wasn’t it just a pic of a render they had posted? Anyone have it?

Also I’m still waiting on actually receiving the MGS1 snake head before I send the body off to be tailored with it. But I got to see what the 3D print was like before cleanup and molding from the dude selling it. Gonna take a while with tailoring and getting the head painted but I’m excited as hell.
>>
>>8559412
That headsculpt is so perfectly Snake. That's going to look great anon.

Anyways, the mgs2 Snake tease was just them saying they're going to do it, nothing concrete yet
>>
>>8559424
>the mgs2 Snake tease was just them saying they're going to do it, nothing concrete yet
Got a source on that?
>>
>>8559412
>What was the MGS2 Snake Tease from LIMToys again? Wasn’t it just a pic of a render they had posted? Anyone have it?
Nah was just LIMTOYS on one of the sixth scale figures.

That head is nice, really accurate, but the only Snake I want is liquid
>>8559460
I tried to look for it, couldn't find it, think it was on sideshowfreaks or something, not sure.
>>
Did Mondo cancel their Doom Slayer figure?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz5ocW42mPs&ab_channel=KingZacharyV
>>
>>8559742
we still don't know
>>
>>8560134
>1/6 as anything but for fun, opening and posing

soulless
>>
>>8561988
>soulless
all i do with 1/6 is posing and playing. For me 1/6 is basically the cool big version of regular action figures.

But then again im not some normie pleb that collects MCU/StarWars crap and never touches it again
>>
>>8560134
Not even gonna watch it, 1/6th figures are just liek any other figure, if you get one of a character or property that is rare or popular, it'll go up, simple as.
>>8561988
>>8562003
I pose the shit out of my 12inchers. Thing is, the starwars hot toys are among the best for that since they have little pleather and are super posable. The MCU shit is among the worst obvious because pleather galore. I'm worried about Mysterio in the future, but I hope his bodysuit is easy to swap out, still annoyed his armor doesn't segment.
>>
File: sequelshit.jpg (446 KB, 1821x881)
446 KB
446 KB JPG
>>8562023
The useless nu-troopers that shelfwarmed on Sideshow for a year + have the worst articulation range cause of the underlying pleather or whatever, I really wish Hot Toys prioritized poseability over accuracy when it comes to underbody garments and such
>>
>>8562043
really? I thought they were alright, but I only saw the red ones and the cool ass snowtroopers/the ones from the not sequels in motion

Like the tank troopers, the mud troopers, and the guys like that.
>>
I hate it when Hot Toys shows off prototype figures and then either announces them officially like four months later, or just quietly cancels them. But then has figures that just fucking pop out of nowhere and officially announced. It bugs me because it gets my hopes up.
>>
File: 56о.png (475 KB, 740x810)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
i really want to get picrelated just for the sake of having it. It's also one of the cheapest 1/6 figs.
However pic is a prototype. The final product's face looks more simplistic and unpainted
>>
File: 43g.jpg (314 KB, 1200x1600)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>8562343
i still don't understand though...
Why there is a figure based on R.I.P.C. - nobody expected the movie to be the hit.
But there are so many better movies that still dont have 3rd party 1/6
>>
I spent SHIT TON OF MONEY on clothes for 1/6 figures.
For boots for shoes for suits and many others.

Honestly it's insane how clothes for 1/6 figures cost more than ACTUAL HUMAN CLOTHES.
My own clothes are not as elite/expensive as what my figures wear
>>
>>8562436
Mine are, but I do get annoyed when a custom set of clothes is as much as a decent leather jacket.
>>
>>8562436
What’re you building anon? It’s crazy how expensive this niche part of the figure collecting hobby can be. But when you buy quality shit it always pays off.
>>
>>8562449
>But when you buy quality shit it always pays off.
true
it's so very satisfying when you put everything together and it looks fantastic.
>>
File: 423.jpg (99 KB, 800x533)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
thinking of getting more zombie-like hands. Because when this will come out, it will need a lot of work - weathering on clothes and a new set of hands
>>
>>8562501
that is one of the laziest put together figures I've ever seen anon kek
>>
>>8562512
the best part is head. basically i see it as a starter kit. You get it and you have to do couple of tweaks after that.
>>
>>8562513
how much does it cost? if it's above $80 you might as well just buy the head and kitbash the rest with parts you already have
>>
>>8562519
it's above 80$ obviously.
But
>kitbash
with buying new clothes, body for this figure, it will cost very close to this figure at the end.
It's much easier just to ge the figure, add actual sombie hands and just make his clothes dirty.
>>
>>8562527
I see, I was assuming you had spare bodies and clothes, I have a whole heap of bodies and clothes so kitbashing a zombie wouldn't be hard at all for me
>>
>>8562501
It doesn't even come with a pair of crazy hands? For a zombie it's much more important to have wild grasping hands than it would be to have gun hands or relaxed hands.
>>
Just paid off the balance for this fella and I am HYPED.
>>
>>8563354
i wonder what kind of body they used?
>>
>>8562977
yeah the whole figure is so lazy. Most of those hands not even needed with such figure
>>
>>8563354
Can you still get this guy anywhere? Also got this on pre-order on amazon, I really hope they make a Tatsumaki in this scale or a Zombieman, the pricepoint at 130$ hasn't been beat since before 2010.
>>
Damn i want that Joel...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPlOlEYLEjU&ab_channel=MakeAPathPresents
>>
Anons are there any other places where i can find people that collect/kitbash 1/6 stuff? This thread alone is not enough.
>>
>>8564055
Sideshowfreaks is great
>>
>>8564055
what this anon said
>>8564136
there is tons of boards there for all types of collectibles and reps from some brands post there as well
>>
File: nujoelandellie.jpg (488 KB, 1920x1437)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>>8563978
I wanted this years ago and never picked it up low and behold it's sold out everywhere now, they did make versions of that dumpster fire of a sequel but I could not care less for nu Joel and nu Ellie, I was hoping LIMtoys would make them in 1/6 based off the new gen look from the second game but it seems like all they care about anymore is 1/12 which is a fucking shame
>>
>>8564136
>>8564147
thanks!
>>
>>8564153
>I could not care less for nu Joel and nu Ellie
honestly nu Joel is a useless thing as a figure, especially fig this expensive. He dont do anything in the game except being killed and a reason of fanbase drama.
But as time goes i have more and more connection to Joel and Ellie from first game.

all i want now is just that clicker - gonna use him as a zombie enemy for my kitbash "surviver" character from generic apocalypse world that i built.
>>
>>8564055
Like the other anon's have said Sideshow Freaks is a great forum and probably the most recognizable. There's always good deals for all sorts of stuff in the For Sale/Trade section. Ranging from production figures like Hot Toys to people selling off customs heads/clothing they never used.

There's also tons of people that do custom heads, clothing, and accessories, as well as people that strictly collect that post on Instagram.
>>
>>8564191
>He dont do anything in the game except being killed and a reason of fanbase drama.
so fucking true they wasted him for nothing his entire role in the game is just looking like a kicked puppy, getting shat on by Ellie and have his brains bashed in by a mutant, I still want figures of the first game, they are way more iconic and worthy of being made
>>
>>8564200
>>8564136
>>8564147
>finished registration
>they suggesting me to fill my "ICQ Number:"
holy shit the memories...i havent been on such forums for so long...
ahh...forums...home...
>>
>>8562346
Sometimes in 1/6 you get toys made of unpopular movies because it allows them to make a head sculpt of a known actor people like, as well as producing an outfit that can work for other characters. Basing it off an existing movie just lets them be able to have all the concepts done and snag the few fans of it as customers.That’s what this figure is, it’s almost meant to be sold for parts.
>>
>>8563354
It's nice and tall, but somehow he looks too skinny. I looked back at some screenshots and admittedly, Mr. X isn't as hulking as he seemed in my mind, but I still think this could have used slightly more bulk.
>>
the head should be smaller on the figure
>>
>>8562194
Mondo announced a 12 inch Wolverine based on the 90s cartoon, wish they'd do Spiderman instead.
>>
File: michael-enea-p1020683.jpg (159 KB, 1387x1600)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
im still super upset there wasnt any Dishonored 1/6 stuff... that game gave such a top tier aestetics that begs being done in 1/6 to bring unique clothes and acessories.
Why did nobody made it?
>>
So I want a generic 1/6 guy for outdoor adventuring. Soldier, tomb raider, SWAT, I don't care which. I just want him to be both poseable and look realistic. So what are affordable but convincing brands for heads/bodies? Any sites I could look into?
>>
>>8565613
who made this one?
>>
>>8568224
found it randomly on google. random custom
>>
was this figure ever released? I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>8569670
nope
>>
>>8569727
For fucks sake, he's literally the only nu-star wars character i liked.
>>
>>8569735
you didnt like deathtrooper?
>>
>>8569737
Troopers is another thing. I don't count them as "characters" but i liked different troopers (currently announced battle damaged mercenary trooper is great).
>>
>>8569670
>No Yellowjacket
>No Vulture
There's more, but those are the two that upset me.
>>
>>8569670
Maybe in eight years after Hottoys stops shitting out ironmen. Didn't they show off Krennic, cancel him for 4 years, only to release him a couple months ago? They're ran by a bunch of chimps, I swear
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (50 KB, 609x628)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Can you use one of those female boots on high heels on male body/legs?
asking for a friend..
>>
File: 20201118_151527.jpg (909 KB, 2069x2041)
909 KB
909 KB JPG
dante came. skipping V and waiting for vergil
>>
>>8571312
be careful with that crotcg-grabber stand with first Dante. he has leather pants. over time they will be torn by that holder - it happens to every figure with leather pants every rime
>>
>>8571316
thanks for the headsup, i'm tryin to figure out a better way with it. might put some foam or something
>>
>>8571316
>>8571319
also noticed his wrist joints aren't the same as neros. very delicate so i might not have him hold the dsd
>>
File: 45.png (348 KB, 610x353)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
>>8571319
>>8571323
>>
>>8571407
fuckin yikes. for now i'm just gonna turn the use them as a support
>>
>>8571312
>>8571323
You could instead swap out his body for a better one, a few guys on sideshow did that to great effect
>>
>>8571619
ill keep that in mind in the future thanks. i haven't really undressed any figures at all since i was a kid with G.I. Joes but I think i might not mess with dante as much as i did with nero.
hes fuckin beautiful though, and i thought nero was dope. wew.
>>
Looks like Toys Eras The Ock is finally releasing
>>
Could be cool, wish they started with a character that wasn't Deadpool. If they do a Cap I hope he has an exposed brain.

Whatever happened to the Black Widow movie figures? Did they get delayed or cancelled?
>>
Anyone have tips for repairing Medicom Real Action Heroes? The neck washer fell out of my Kyoko Sakura as soon as I unboxed her...
>>
>Got the email asking for the rest of the Tyrant figure payment
>Arriving mid December
Well shit, that was unexpected. Can't wait.
>>
File: HottoysDeadpool.jpg (91 KB, 819x487)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
They ALMOST got me... they almost got me. I had it in the cart ready to order. I cant do it though. I can't justify that much on a figure.
>>
>>8574701
Is there even a reason to pre-order Hot Toys figures these days? I can't think of one that was waitlisted before release.
>>
>>8574701
>>8571784
It's not that I didn't have a fairly good time reading Marvel Zombies, and I have a few Deadpool toys and shit, but somehow, the combination of the two in this ~$300 figure just seems like the most casual normie bazinga thing to have sitting in your living room. Two of the most played out tastes of the last decade, together at last in a stupid-expensive monument that doesn't even look fun to play with or pose.
>>
File: 1605823058584.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>8559059
Question for (you). I'm getting back into 1/6th. I've made some POs, but I've got a huge backlog. Mainly, I'm interested in getting all the Sith (I generally want to collect villains/anti-heroes with some exceptions here and there). So, my question is: Do I start off with one of HT's Sith
>Maul
>Tyrranus
>Sidious
Or do I buy another figure I'm missing, like Ep.III Anakin or DX15 Sparrow? Or do I just go for War Machine Punisher now that it's fresh? I'm a Punisherfag, sure, but I've always preffered his 80s, Rambo-esque/Snake-like look. It's just that this is a "comic" Punisher and who knows when we'll get that HS again. I don't have any particular affinity for Maul, Dooku and RotJ Sidious (I prefer his RoS and Palpatine looks, tbqhwy), but they're needed. Jack & III Anakin are due to childhood nostalgia, so I do want them at some point.

Any takers?
>>
>>8569816
depends on male figure, GI Joe and Ken have different size calves and feet probably also.
>>
>>8576764
I wanted to use it on one of those coomodel-ish bodies for muscled men.
>>
>>8576655
I will say as far as 1/6th Punishers go the Sideshow one is alright and should still be cheap. I'm a Punisherfag too. My recommendation is that if you want a fi9gure that's coming out for sure you should get it, because aftermarket on these things is always fucking ridiculous. Still beating myself up over missing Anakin
>>
This hobby is so expensive.
>>
File: 1590394570580.jpg (65 KB, 640x520)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>8577877
It really is, and the price keeps going up. I remember two years ago how ripped off I felt paying $260 for the Mythos Obi Wan Kenobi, which was a figure that had a shitload of accessories. Now it seems like every damn figure costs just south of $300. I feel like third party figures are the only ones that are halfway affordable anymore. $200 for LIMs Arthur Morgan seemed like a steal at the time, but it really should just be what all figures of this caliber cost. I still remember when Sideshow figures were $40, hahaha
>>
>>8578034
To be fair, they looked like they cost $40.
>>
>>8578121
You are very right, but for the time they were a lot of fun
>>
>>8577877
to be honest, i only buy one major figure a year which is like 200 bucks. really have to be deliberate
i dont know if this is the right board but it kinda makes me want to get into making my own with a base body. fuck ill take up sewing if i have to.
>>
>>8581381
learning how ot sew wil make you good money in this hobby. I am wiht you though, I don't buy much anymore but when I do it's like 1-4 purchases a year after reselling some.
>>
>>8581381
I wish I had that restraint. But the good news is I can always sell to make room if I need to. The only one that's hard to get rid of is Infinity War Thanos, because that fucker is still in-stock on Sideshow.
>>
A comic style Juggernaut figure is cool as fuck, but something about it doesn't look right and I can't figure out what. Is the helmet too oblong?
>>
>>8577877
I'm just getting into making one figure for photography, and even a kitbash is like 200 burgerbucks just for the bare minimum. I'm fine with that investment, but goddamn.
>>
>>8586375
He needs to be more squat and wide. Torso is too long and narrow.
>>
>>8586412
Yeah that's it.
>>
File: 2zctxi.jpg (50 KB, 708x404)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>8586375
>more recycled capeshit
>>
>>8586384
Yeah, it's crazy. I thought I'd just casually make a simple custom and suddenly I've spent like $175 on what I thought was a pretty basic outfit.
>>
Are worldbox bodies compatible with hottoys heads? I got a head in mind and a body in mind but know jack fuck about the peg sizes. It looks like it should fit.
>>
>>8587295
I've spent a little more than that making a custom Wolverine, and it sucks because the jacket prevents movement in the arms and the neck is too short.
>>
1/6 is dead it's all dinsey and marvel trash now
>>
>>8588229
they are, but occasionally you might have an issue, it shouldn't be too hard to replace the socket in the hottoys head or the joint in the worldbox body.
>>
I guess this is a minor update on Arthur, LIMtoys said the beard on the midbeard sculpt was going to be darker and have more paint detailing on the final figure, which is good because in game it was almost black
>>
File: 185736veeoeem7eyndkbkv.jpg (365 KB, 1080x1620)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
Looks like a company called Darktoys is taking a swing at Rick Deckard. Don't think I can pass this up
>>
File: 185736w4wk4lcf4krw3fkl.jpg (474 KB, 1080x1620)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
>>8593753
It's got a pretty good likeness to Ford. I'm impressed. Dare I say it's better than hottoys attempts
>>
File: 185734mxhomq49vx5ohk9v.jpg (422 KB, 1080x1620)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>8593757
The only thing I don't like is that chintzy generic stand. What's stopping these guys from just printing "Rick Deckard" on the nameplate and putting bladerunner on the stand. For Christ's sake the bottle says Johnny Walker. If it does come out and is good I'll definitely be getting a custom stand
>>
>>8593753
>>8593757
>>8593760
Curious to see how it turns out. That head is for sure a re-cast of the custom head from Sculptor Buffy. Just wait and see what happens.
>>
File: gisf-004aa.jpg (222 KB, 750x500)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>Someone was making a 1/6 scale flying ant for Ant Man
>Was supposed to release early this year
>Website in pic doesn't even exist
Damn. Would've been cool.
>>
I have the asmus yakuza figures what are some good stands to use for them?
>>
Well Iron Spider is a letdown. Can't even do this pose in the promo images. I guess that's the price you pay for detail. Or Hot Toys just blows, idk.
>>
>>8600483
that's what you get for buying capeshit anon
>>
Anyone get their Ock yet? If so how do you like it?
>>
>>8601648
Still waiting on mine, but I've heard the paintjob on the tentacles isn't movie accurate and the body type isn't accurate either.
>>
File: 7-528x668.jpg (51 KB, 528x668)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Have I been scammed out of 20 dollars?
>>
>>8593753
Where do you guys suggest ordering this from?
>>
I'm left wondering if this is even gonna come out anynore

>>8563354
Damn he looks so fucking good
>>
>>8602058
Right now? Nowhere, probably. It's always up in the air how well recasts like these turn out. But eventually probably KGHobby or Giantoy, I know they're recommended highly among hobbyists
>>
>>8602058
I order from One Sixth Outfitters. I haven't done it enough to say if it's a good site or not, it's serviceable I guess.
>>
Anyone get the ThreeZero D2 warlock? Ordered one a while back from Hobby Galaxy, but haven't heard anything and the expected release was ~1 month ago now. First time ordering a 1/6 figure from anywhere, but I've heard Hobby Galaxy in particular can be kinda slow so I'm not too worried, but just wondering if the delay is from HG or ThreeZero
>>
>>8602054
This looks real bad, dude. Rebecca is skinny, yeah, but this is like sickly-passing-out-daily skinny. The head and clothes aren't too bad looking, but I would rebody her. The bends in the seamless arms look bad too, as is usually the case.

SWToys seems to have a problem with this, their Jill looks real starved too. Goddamn, let them eat something.
>>
>Old Man action figure!
>20% more fat suit!
>Now with articulated napping feature!
>>
New Hot Toys announcement. 1/6 DX TDKR Batman.
>Not sure if it's the second or third DX version, but it's definitely at least the fourth version of a TDK Bats in general. Good lord.
>>
File: 424tav.png (145 KB, 798x644)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>8602054
>>8604116
>spaghetti arms
>>
File: HT_GOD_FATHER.jpg (155 KB, 1024x768)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>8604577
Goddamn that's funny. This is the fifth 1/6 Vito Corleone made in the past, what, eight years? From 3 entirely different companies no less. And that's not even counting unlicensed versions, of which there's at least 2. What a funny property and character for there to be so many figures of.

Anyways, the figures aged like milk, but for my money nothing can beat the box of the old Hottoys, with Vitos silhouette in red velvet inlaid on a rose box. I can't think of another 1/6 package that I liked so much
>>
>>8602054
>>8604116
>>8606233
I have a really hard time finding a 1/6 scale figure of a female character that doesn't look terrible because of those awful arms and bodies. All I can think looking at them is the material breaking because the arms are so thin.
>>
>>8608160
I pretty much never buy female figures if they have seamless bodies (or I rebody them). It's just not worth the headache and eventual rotting rubber, and I don't even like how it looks when you actually pose their limbs.

I like joints, joints are fine. They're fucking toys, let them have joints.
>>
File: DSC00463.jpg (1.71 MB, 2500x1667)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
Man, I really want this vulture figure but $500 is fucking steep.
>>
man, asmus needs to fuck off from facebook. hard getting news about them for me. I want to know when vergil is available for preorder and an estimated release so i can start figuring out how much to put aside a month to save up.
>>
Weird question. I'm brand new to 1/6 scale figures and figure collecting in general really. I've ordered my first 1/6 figure which is the deluxe beskar Mandalorian from Hot Toys, the next figure I am thinking of getting is the Soosoo Toys Spiderman Noir figure. What I want to ask is will a random collection with no consistency look bad as it grows? Every figure I would buy would definitely be a character that I really like, but they would all be from different licenses. Will I come to regret not focusing on an overarching theme, or will I come to enjoy myself more for only getting things that I really like? 1/6 scale figures can be pricey so I really don't want to fuck this up and start regretting purchases later on.
>>
>>8612749
We are not you and we don't have a cristal ball to answer that. The only one who will know this is yourself once you will get your hand on it.
This is always a risk when you start collecting into a new hobby and unfortunatly we never know if this will make us happy or not when we get the product in hand.
Maybe you should find a shop near you who sell and display them to see if you are really interested in 1/6 or if you know someone who has one to show you but once again only time will tell if you really like this.
>>
File: zMMS129_4 (1).jpg (314 KB, 1200x1600)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
Ok bros I need help
330$ NIB is a good price? He's worth it? And yes I'm a T-1000 enthusiast but I never bought a hot toys/ 1/6 figure before so I don't know about the scale/quality
>>
bumping
>>
>>8612749
soosootoys has been caught by the mouse somehow, seems like chinks aren't safe from copyright laws after all
>>
>People posting their Doc Ocks
>Mine hasn't even shipped
>>
File: htbody.jpg (109 KB, 894x1311)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Any idea why these bodies are so expensive/hard to find? I bought a Fett from a friend and wanted to replace his body, but i cant find them anywhere
>>
>>8619962
Seems like they're not run very often, and I'm really not sure why. They're guaranteed to sell, it would be like printing money. I bought mine a while back for quite cheap (like $50 or so) and if I'd known they were gonna get so rare, I would have stocked up.

You could always try one of the bootleg bodies, like VeryHot. They look similar but the quality isn't as good of course. Also the finish on the bootlegs really sucks, you should topcoat the body yourself with a high-quality topcoat, and replace the glossy, rubbery-looking hands with real Hot Toys ones.
>>
I'm starting to think the quality control on Hot Toys figures isnt that great. This is two figures in a row that have had an issue. First it was a hip glued together, and not its a foot that wont stay snapped on and pops off at the slightest tilt
>>
>>8620822
Which figures anon?
>>
>>8622034
I'm having the foot issue with a Patrol Trooper. Hardly an old figure and I cant find a replacement anywhere. The hip issue was on a Mando, but Sideshow was able to help with that
>>
Snakes head finally came in today. Gotta send him off to be tailored soon.
>>
Attention sideshow gambit has gone up, the extra head and hands are exclusive. It's overpriced and I can't post becausei'm taking a shit, but it looks gorgeous. The figure not my shit, although that's good too.

I put money down because i'm an idiot, all other outfits
Idiots are to place their pre orders now.
>>
Why do stores still ask for non-refundable deposits? What's the worst that can happen in regards to payments?
>>
File: Berserk_PO_Logo_V03_h.jpg (572 KB, 1500x1061)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
>Delayed 2 months until February

Can't say im not surprised, but it still hurts.
>>
>>8627274
Worst case scenario? Imagine if say, a figure turns out bad, and everyone bails on their preorders because there are no financial consequences for doing so. Then the store is stuck with a huge backstock that nobody wants and they need to find somewhere to store and eventually sell at a loss.
>>
>>8627274
It's a big ticket item that at worst is sold at a loss. If it's well recieved it makes profit, if they didn't charge a fee, there would be shouldering the risks entirely.

This ensures they make some of their costs back.
>>
Well the reviews for the War Story Tyrant figure are disheartening, especially the head. Mine comes on Wednesday, but I'm far less excited for it now.
>>
What's the best 1/6th joker?
>>
>>8631731
Depends on what you want. I hear the Batman 89 one was fantastic
>>
>>8626791
Looks weird! I’m intrigued though
>>
So I’m probably late to the party but just got mando the other day and I highly recommend. Prefer this look to the full beskar but I do need a Grogu for him
>>
File: bbpods.png (1.61 MB, 1200x802)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
Kojima just tweeted these beauts.
Hopefully they aren't candy.
https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1339130099853971457/
>>
>>8632362
The different colorways suggests they're gacha/shokugan. The construction also isn't good enough to be a serious 1/6 figure, with that big seamline down the bubble. Too bad, I'd love some 1/6 Death Stranding figures.
>>
Some strange Megaman inspired 1/6 just went up for pre-order. $280 a pop. They look neat but at that price I’ll pass
>>
>>8632528
They’re called Rock Gaki 1&2
>>
>>8632118
Should have clarified, I mean the best 2019 joke
>>
>>8632528
>>8632530
"Artist toys" are so stupid.
>>
>>8563354

Everytime I see figures dressed like this I just picture the pleather coat peeling in the trash can 3 years down the road. I flat out refuse to buy a figure of it has and clothing made of pleather on it.
>>
>>8608970

Finally someone says it. I hate how every female body's has gone seamless for the coomers who can't even afford them.

I've turned to obitsu and other doll companies for bodies in the past. They don't have the most realistic proportions but neither do the seamless bodies really.
>>
>>8632678
None of my pleather clad figures have decayed. My Star Lord is still pristine.
>>
>>8632528
>>8632530
they are so damn cool
but yeah the price...
>>
>>8632528
>>8632530
The big jackets ruin it for me.
>>
Got a Hot Toy with a slightly loose bicep swivel on one arm and a slightly wobbly elbow joint on the other. The figure's clothing is not designed to be removed. If both of these things become worse down the line to the point where the arms can no longer stay up/bent and I can no longer return it what would be a good way to fix it myself?
>>
>>8633537
If you bought it new you can probably get a replacement. Hot Toys is pretty good about that.
>>
>>8633341

It depends on many factors, heat humidity etc. All pleather stuff will eventually crumble as it dries out and looses flexibility it's only a matter of how long it takes.

Sometimes the pleather looks okay and then you notice tiny spidery cracks where it's creased. That's the begining of the end.
>>
>>8633682
Is there any way to treat pleather to prevent this?
>>
>>8633703
I saw a YouTube video that recommended covering it with satin acrylic finisher. I don't think normal leather conditioner will work.
>>
>>8632528
>>8632530
I like the IDEA of Megaman-inspired dudes mixed with modern streetwear and shit, but these just don't look good at all to me. Their outfits are dull, they're actually sort of eerie looking in the face, and their helmets make them look like dumb scooter kids at the skatepark. Easy pass.
>>
>>8634346
>I like the IDEA of Megaman-inspired dudes mixed with modern streetwear and shit, but these just don't look good at all to me. Their outfits are dull, they're actually sort of eerie looking in the face, and their helmets make them look like dumb scooter kids at the skatepark. Easy pass.
The only thing that chaps my ass is that this is the only real figure of Protoman that exists. Very frustrating. The accessories look cool though, I think the Megaman looks a lot better than Protoman, the lack of green in Proto really takes away from his design. IMO The Megaman would look a lot better in the shirt was light blue rather than a grey color he doesn't have in his palate
>>
>>8563485
>>8628197
Pre-ordered these 2 together. Are we still expecting Genos this month?

Thinking i'll just ask for it to be held until Feb and get them shipped as a job lot.
>>
>>8632675
That depends. I like original characters and designs by independent artists but hate this kind of uninspired thingXstreetwear or thingXotherthing that plagues “art toys”.
>>
File: 56о.png (423 KB, 581x579)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>8559059
How do you get goot in 1/6 photography?

Is GIGANTIC light box is the only option?
>>
Any recs for a basic 1/6 black cloak with hood?
>>
Best place to preorder hot toys in the EU? I like sideshow but I always pay customs from there.
>>
File: Tyrant.jpg (1.34 MB, 1815x2420)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
The figure isn't as bad as I was expecting, it looks way better in person. I tried giving it the blue lighting in the game but I'll probably take a better photo.
>>
File: Tyrant2.jpg (1.17 MB, 1936x2581)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>8637458
Here's a better picture, I fixed up his outfit to match the game better.
>>
>>8637458
>>8637499
It looks wrong his bulk should be much better.
>>
>>8637522
He needs like padding in his shoulders. I wonder if I could do that.
>>
File: Ock.jpg (839 KB, 1815x2420)
839 KB
839 KB JPG
This body totally sucks, and I don't think I can change it because the waist clamp is attached to the body. Any ideas?
>>
>>8628197
The sculptor posted this (pic related) on the Berserk skullknight forum, notice the Guts headsculpt in the profile photo:
"Can't say much about it but it's very likely that this new delay is due to some 'extra' that wasn't planned at first on this Berserker armor Guts figure. They are working on it and it took a long time to make sure my work could be suitable for mass production."
>https://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?threads/threezero-1-6-articulated-figures.14585/post-260614
>>
>>8636539

I think outdoor pictures are great too
>>
>>8639043
So waiting for summer - gonna try some zombie hunting shots.
Especially with that clicker coming soon
>>
For anybody who missed the bootleg rangers, threezero made their own for the same price minus white. 100 a pop, if they sell enough maybe we'll get other series.
>>
File: Cap.jpg (3.02 MB, 3456x5184)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
>>8639043
Same.
>>
>>8637847
Surprised you hate it, the world box body is pretty good.
>>
File: garbage.jpg (256 KB, 1432x1789)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
So this is the power of Hot Toys...
>>
>>8643162
It's just not accurate to Alfred Molina. With the coat on you can't notice it anyways. My biggest issue is the long neck.
>>
>>8643793
Fucking embarrassing. Why the fuck did this pass QC
>>
>>8643793
>>8644693
I must be missing it, is it the skin? Hot Toys has kind of been dropping the ball with new head sculpts lately.
>>
>>8639043
Absolutely
>>
>>8644739
I mean, it just doesn't look like him at all. It actually looks more like a mix between Vincent Price and...some actor I can't quite put my finger on.
>>
is there an estimate to when Captain America will be released? This is the first time I buy a Hot Toys figure so I dunno the schedules.
>>
>>8643793
>>8644693
>>8644739
>>8645303
They're offering replacements now.
>>8645724
Which one? I expect almost everything I order to be delayed 3 months.
>>
>>8645753
the Endgame one.
>>
>>8643793
Man, they think they can get away with everything. Last figure i'm getting from them is mysterio.
>>
>>8645753
I wish they offered replacements on that new Ant Man.
>>
File: 1606475759799.jpg (117 KB, 418x608)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
http://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/prod/dt/23/24/15923.html
>>
>>8647768
My initial gripes are color accuracy. The pill seems too pale, it's got the colors from the artwork whereas they were darker in the anime (also, if we're nitpicking, the text was not there in the anime, but everyone loves it so whatever). Gloves and boots should be a darker shade of red, not straight-up brown. Otherwise looks alright, just sort of unspectacular. I would have liked to see some alternate expression heads or something to jazz it up a little, this seems really barebones. I know this is just a re-release, but it honestly wouldn't have been that hard to change up some colors, add an accessory or two, and call it a 1.5. They are apparently also rereleasing his bike, which is going to be a huge financial drain.

I am VERY concerned for the outfit though. The whole damn thing is pleather, and even the boots are some "soft material" as they mention. Those are probably not going to last more than a year or two before they start to go. I don't claim to know what else they could have used to get Kaneda's look right, but this right here is a ticking time bomb.
>>
File: IMG_0576.jpg (39 KB, 640x480)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>8648276
>>8647768
Hmm, yeah, I looked around a little and it seems like a lot of people didn't like this figure the first time around. Body too skinny, and the worksmanship on the clothes was not good (lots of loose seams and threads, and cheap threaded-in hooks to close the jacket).
>>
File: IMG_0627.jpg (85 KB, 768x1024)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>8648279
Goggle-less headsculpt also looks like of weird viewed head-on.
>>
>>8648283
He kinda looks like Rolf from ed Edd and Eddie

The threads are an easy fix besides that though.
>>
>>8647768
I wish they'd done a new one or at least a new outfit, this feels dated
>>
>>8645724
About a year or two out from the pre order
>>
>>8601648
Mine is currently in the mail, should arrive in january. Really hope that it looks good!
>>
This headsculpt is great, but it needs a body to match it. Just plopping it on a Days of Future Past wolverine looks ugly.
>>
>>8652074
what would you even put it on besides that or the sideshow figure? Maybe a custom tailored thing?
>>
Do I take the plunge with the new DX Baleman, or do you think that the pleather will still be an issue?
>>
>>8637337
Honestly, as a Yuro myself, I'm starting to think it's not worth it. There's a local store that has every figure with a 100 euro markup. There's still shipping. BigChief carries stuff but it's UK-Based so you're buyng in pounds. The difference you save on the dollars is more or less the same. I'd love to be proven wrong, and I'm still waiting on some POs from the US and Australia to see how customs compare, but finding a local vendor isn't a clear solution.
>>
>Classic spidey releases next year
Weird, I would think that one would be the easiest to make.
>>
>>8657663
they had to sell all the figures of spiderman nobody wanted first.
>>8654381
pleather is always gonna be an issue, how much it winds up being is ultimately up to you.
>>
>>8654383
>>8654383
how much do you wind up paying on average
>>
Bump
>>
File: 1715_imqux_a0.jpg (44 KB, 680x885)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>8559059
here is a nice find

https://www.coachoutlet.com/products/mini-rowan-satchel-bag-charm-with-dandelion-floral-print/1715.html?dwvar_color=IMQUX
>>
>>8666076
Dunno, I've never paid taxes on a figure. Customs are weird here. One time I paid 50 euros on a 80 euro package of comics. I've got a couple on PO so I'll see then. My point is, even if I end up paying the 24% or so tax, it's more or less the same money as if I ordered from a local vendor instead of Sideshow, due to the markup. That same store I wrote about above with the ~100 euro markup also has a 70 euro shipping. At this point it's even costlier than ordering from the usual US places.
>>
>>8571312
any ankle pivot on these guys?
>>
Have you ever wanted to get something because it's silly?
>>
>>8562449
jesus that looks good
>>
What third party star wars kits are out there worth buying other than the Art Toys anakin, i cant seem to track any down
>>
>>8677882
Nah, but I ain't that kinda man
>>
Is the reissue deluxe Boba worth it?
>>
>>8677882
I want to get the one that's pissing. I feel like I would get more mileage out of that one.
>>
>>8680881
But poop is funny!
>>
>>8685532
Poop is indeed funny, but pissing is an action that more scenarios can be crafted from.
>>
So ash is still making weird porno things, and then he also started making new figures, some weird freddy krueger bot, and something called a nomand nom? It's like a cold weather nom, but either it sold out, or isn't made yet.

That guy can't run a company for shit.
>>
>>8678604
bumping
>>
File: UV+FJC+MEAN+ESSENE+05.jpg (108 KB, 750x1060)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>8691213
No, he also has a Square in production (which looks exactly like the old ThreeA squares), and a new Fighting JC on an all-new body. I don't like it as much as the original Fighting JC, but the cross diorama piece looks great, and this at least sorta reminds me of the old Ash. It's probably the most exciting release I've seen from him in years, and finally a return to Adventure Kartel, which many thought was dead for good. The Joker/Kreuger bot looks real bad to me, like unironically edgy and unaware of it. Nomad Nom looks boring, yet another Nom.

I'm not ready to support the guy again or anything, he's done too much dumb shit in recent years--but this is the first glimmer of hope I've seen in ages.
>>
File: UV+FJC+RESURRECTER+06.jpg (133 KB, 750x1060)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>8692447
Here's a pic of the cross and variant colorway. It really does look great.
>>
I prefer the classic RE3 Jill costume.
>>
But I really like that remake RE3 Jill head, even if it is sculpted hair. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it separately.
>>
Any anons interested in the Luxury Edition Asmus Dante accessories? I was only able to get the Luxury edtion but have no interest in Devil Sword Sparda or Balrog. Since it's about $70 more than the base verison, I was thinking $50-$60 shipped.
>>
>>8692962
Too much makeup.
>>
>>8692447
>>8692450
Love the new body, I think what you dislike is the hair, I hate it too. But I can't find production images of the new plume. I wish wwr would come back, but I still have to sell my old wwr stuff.
>>
File: blacklung.png (1.02 MB, 1035x789)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
Virtual Toys is going to release their Arthur Morgan figure soon, meanwhile LIM Toys hasn't said a word about their own version, someone please tell me, what in tarnation is LIM doing that prevents them from releasing a figure they put on sale 3 years ago? How are they still operating when they can't release their figures? Unlike Virtual Toys who not only revealed their Arthur long after but is also releasing him first.
>>
>>8695858
It's true, the hair is one element I don't really care for, but I think the new body also makes him look...kinda weirdly youthful? The slim proportions and smooth tummy make him look like a skinny teenager. The old body didn't really have abs either, but it hid it well since the ab crunch was cut so low down.
>>
>>8695858
What do you have for sale?
>>
>>8695896
has anyone been invoiced for this one yet?
>>
>>8696462
I think I see what you mean with the mid section.
>>8696465
Tk ronin sun, which has apparently become stupid expensive, von plume, and parts for handsome wu.
I don't know what to price them at yet, or even have pics.
>>
>>8698577
Yeah, looks like Sun is going for between $2-300. It's a sick fig but more than I can afford, good luck with your sales.
>>
I put this down and the Yuna for preorder because I really liked their 2B.
>>
>>8702512
Looks nice, not my cup of tea though

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.