[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Welcome to the Doll General!

A thread for discussion of fashion dolls including Barbie, Disney, LOL OMG, Living Dead Dolls, Licca-chan etc but not BJD.

Other toys considered dolls as well as girl collectable toys that are related to dolls or can be used as accessories to dolls are also welcome such as LOL, Capsule Chix, Shopkins, Polly Pocket and the like.

Previous Thread: >>8533758

>Archived Threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/Doll%20General/
>>
I'm curious, what does your doll collection look like?
>>
>>8556978
I posted mine here once, and got made fun of because I have dolls everywhere in my room.
>>
>>8555488
>This is honestly terrible. It shouldn't be this difficult to throw your money at Disney.
It's something else all right. They literally make you solve a google Captcha before allowing you to press the order button.
>>
Looks like the UK got hit hard by scalper bots yesterday. Everyone from the UK is upset.
>>
>>8556978
Bit of a mess, i dont have much space to store all my dolls but I'm hoping to get a new shelves and a new desk to help me organize better soon
>>
Cus I'm a sucker for lining things up and then rearranging. The 4 nude bald skippers are going to be rerooted and painted.
>>
>>8557086
Your collection is adorable. You take such good care of them.
>>
>>8557608
thanks! I think it's kninda funny when I all line them up and realize that they're all dressed like a cozy family.
>>
>>8556978
I keep most of my good thrift store finds inside of a few large tubs after I'm done cleaning, and fixing them. It's not the best, but I don't have room to display them all so at least they stay safe, and dust free. I have two Barbie tubes, two Disney doll tubes, and two tubes where I keep none Barbie or Disney dolls like Monster High, Ever After High, and other types of dolls. Everything else is on shelves and tables or around the house.
>>
>>8557086
These are so cute anon
>>
Is it even safe to out and thrift at place like value village? I'm in "lockdown" (BC)
>>
File: IMG_20201111_192317.jpg (1.28 MB, 1564x1564)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>8558002
Well if you mask up and dont go to close to people and use sanitizer and wash your damn hands I think you should be good.

Got a Sunset Malibu Barbie for $5 at the local antiques mall. Super filthy, but her hair, hands, feet and face were good.
>>
>>8558002
Just make sure to clean anything you get, wash your hands, avoid touching your face
>>8558013
That’s a wonderful find, she cleaned up nicely
>>
File: 20201111_163058.jpg (583 KB, 2615x2131)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
picked up a bag of mixed doll goodies.
The large earrings seem way to big to be for Monster high but the gold earrings are a copy of Jinafire Longs earrings and the other have the MH skullette on them.
The smaller blue earrings and single black are actual MH sized earrings.
Any ideas?
>>
>>8558002
I'm in one of the states with the highest counts of covid cases, and I've been going for weeks now. They took your temperature before letting you walk in, but they stopped doing that now. Just be smart about it. try to touch things with just one hand. If you don't see anything of value don't touch anything. Stay away from people, bitch at people if they get too close to you, and if you have to walk by a crowd of people blocking your path just hold your breath until you've past them.

Put your dolls in a plastic bag, and don't take them out or touch them until you are ready to clean them. At first I started using rubbing alcohol and tissues to clean the face and bodies and then normal shampoo to clean the hair, but some dolls might had a negative reaction to the alcohol so now I just 100% was their hair and body with Dawn liquid soup. The kind that's 3x more effective at cutting grease and killing viruses. Let air dry on a napkin until they are dry. If they have dirty or a stain try an old tooth brush.
>>
>>8558140
>rubbing alcohol

yeah no. just use soap and water to clean them. soap and friction do a lot of good.
>>
Does anyone have any advice for getting into Pure Neemos?
Is there a specific community online somewhere? Google isn’t giving me much
>>
>>8558169
>Pure Neemos
I would check facebook for azone/pure neemo groups. If you want updates on releases, dolly insider is a nice newsletter
>>
File: styling-head.jpg (121 KB, 900x900)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>8558048
The MH hair styling head
>>
>>8558195
There used to be a good pure Neemo group on flickr, now the only one I see most active is the one on the Doll Dreaming forum. Doll Dreaming is mostly for Japanese vinyl dolls so they also talk about Azone.
>>
>>8558169
Hi, I actually collect mostly Azone dolls, so I can help here.

I buy my dolls new from Hobby Search (1999.co.jp). Go to the fashion doll section. You can subscribe to their newsletter, which they organize based on category. I care about dolls and hobby magazines, not much else, so I don't have to see emails about figures or Gundam kits. It's nice.

You can buy blank heads and bodies if you fancy yourself the creative type. Of course there are always the normal releases, too. Normally these open as pre-orders, but you can sometimes get the dolls in stock without a pre-order if it hasn't been months since the release. Don't bother attempting this with a high demand collaboration.

Clothing that fits- They're very versatile. The bodies are thicker than Pullip, but they'll definitely still be able to share clothing. If it's a 1/6 Japanese fashion doll, it'll almost always fit. Blythe clothing fits, and if you like the handmade/OOAK style clothing on sites like Etsy, you are in luck. Many Blythe owners rebody their dolls onto the Pure Neemo body, so a lot of times, an outfit fit for Blythe is actually fit for Pure Neemo (and you'll easily be able to tell this on the photo- just look at the hands and ankles).

The bodies and heads are compatible with Obitsu's stuff. White skin Obitsu will be white skin Azone, heads fit with minimal if any modding, clothing is a perfect fit, you get the point.

Please let me know if you need any more help. I love Azone's dolls and I hope you'll love them too.
>>
>>8558287
awesome thanks! :)
>>
this thread is very wholesome
>>
New Hasbro Comfy Mulan, and Belle dolls
>>
>>8558140
Also, leave anything you buy in the bag in an isolated spot (like your garage) for a few days first, long enough for the virus to die without a living host.
>>
>>8558791
>printed one piece outfits

Ughhh. So lazy. So cheap.
>>
>>8557086
What are the little dot-eyed ones? Precious moments?
>>
>>8557086
You have such a cozy collection
>>
>>8558791
So do they have rubbery legs with click knees like old Barbies or did they just get rid of the knee articulation?

Hoping for the former, but expecting it's the latter.
>>
>>8558970
>expecting knee articulation

oh sweaty
>>
File: tenor.gif (2.08 MB, 498x336)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB GIF
>>8558983
>Hoping for the former, but expecting it's the latter.

I take it you're one of those people who get confused with "former & latter" phrasing. Also, I just had my shower so I'm not sweaty.
>>
>>8558970
>rubbery legs with click knees
Hardly any dolls have those anymore due to limits on plasticizer making them barely able to bend
>>
>>8559085
Yes, but an anon can dream, can't s/he?
>>
I'd really like to get into collecting just a couple Disney limited dolls. Is there any other place I should be looking for aftermarket than Ebay and Mercari? thanks!
>>
>>8558919
Joan walsh Augland dolls, the yarn haired one is vinyl, the one in the stripes is bisque
>>
>>8558791
Belle looks so confused
>>
>>8559010
You're making some real leaps of logic there yourself. Their post still makes absolute sense when you realize they're pitying you for even considering knee articulation to be a possible option. And sweaty is a meme.
>>
>>8558357
This is such a sweet reply
I’m actually coming from the bjd hobby because I’m frustrated with how limited the clothing options can be and I prefer smaller dolls.

How common is it for dolls to have custom faces? Is it possible to have a more realistic face?
>>
>>8559678
Idk about custom faces, but just do what you want really
>>
>>8556986
>I posted mine here once, and got made fun of because I have dolls everywhere in my room.

you got made fun of for posting your room full of dolls in the fashion doll general?
>>
Anyone have tips on how to remove the face paint from a barbie that uses the printed faces? I tried with just acetone nail polish remover and it is not working well at all. I didn't even realize it was a printed face til I held it right up to my face and saw the printing dots.
>>
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Monster-High-Doll-Lot-Lagoona-Blue-Elle-Eedee-Robecca-Steam-Gigi-Grant-/293813088299
This a good deal even with probably $20 shipping?
>>
>>8560115
Try heating it up a bit with boiling water, it helped when I was trying to get a dot face off
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (366 KB, 1200x1600)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>8560121
Lagoona is pretty common character, but Elle Eedee is rare. Robecca is a basic doll, but a popular character. I think that's Gigi's debut outfit. They're all in good shape with hands & shoes. Maybe a bit of touch up for the hair, but that's it.

They're about $47us shipping included. I say go for it.
>>
>>8560220
So boil first and THEN the acetone I take it? I’ll give that a go. I gotta say though too.

This made me realize how many dolls from the last few years have fully printed face and I didn’t even realize. Which makes it even crazier that there seem to be 2 distinct printing methods being used. One being almost indistinguishable from the typical painted faces and then the ones that have that shiny grainy look. I wonder if it is dependent on the country the doll is manufactured in.
>>
>>8559678
>>8559678
Custom faces are very common. I think a lot of people like to paint custom faces or at least own them. I used to do custom Monster Highs, so this was a natural transition for me. I have seen a few realistic faces, and while they've actually been well done, it still looks a little uncanny because the actual sculpt is very anime but then you put these realistic features on.

Clothing is a big deal for me, too. I have BJDs but I won't buy any dolls that can't fit into Minifee or Dollfie Dream clothing. It's a hassle otherwise. You'll find things much easier with these dolls.
>>
>>8560115
Soak a magic eraser in acetone and use that to scrub things off quickly.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (110 KB, 892x888)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
New Birthday Wishes Barbie 2021
>>
File: Capture.jpg (272 KB, 1301x896)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
I'm going to buy her and uses her dress for Disney doll costume fodder.
>>
>>8560486
Her dress is nicer than the Holiday Barbie.
>>
File: 12467922222.jpg (173 KB, 1080x1350)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>8560493
I'm going to take the puffy tool things that go around her dress and put them on my singing Ursula doll to make her look like this years designer doll
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (622 KB, 2037x1069)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
>>8560500
It will be glorious!
>>
>>8560496
Agreed.
>>
WalMart has a page up for the Barbie Extra dolls with a teaser image stating Nov 16th. So I imagine that is the release date for the US given they are already being sold in other parts of the world.
>>
>>8560562
I might get Barbie if she wins me over when I see her in stores. She comes so close to being a good doll. I'm not thrilled about that $30 price point tho. That's more than Rainbow High or OMG doll, and those dolls come with two high quality outfits, plus a bunch of extras.
>>
>>8560273
The dot method looks really bad. Some people on the Barbie collectors FB say they dont noticed but my autistic ass can certainly tell it's not smooth and nice
>>
File: MH 13 Wishes Gigi.jpg (354 KB, 736x1023)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>8560231
>I think that's Gigi's debut outfit.

nah, that's new scaremester. her debut doll was part of the 13 wishes line, i think. comes with her pet.

looking at pic related really makes me miss mh though, fuck.
>>
Are the new winter OMGs going to be available at Walmart or are they Target only
>>
File: 87899u80.png (570 KB, 455x601)
570 KB
570 KB PNG
Just saw this up for sale in case anyone has an extra $220 to blow

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Collectible_Doll_Hebei_Yeloli_Toy_Black_Pistil_9_p/hytb0002.htm
>>
>>8560757
I honestly haven't seen anything new from MGA at Walmart or Target since last month when I bought the Rainbow High wig set. I'm keeping an eye out for new OMG's and the new Pink Rainbow High doll.
>>
>>8560977
She's nice. Is she a character from some anime movie?
>>
>>8560085
It was about two years ago, but yes. It's ok though. I know what type of site I'm on so I didn't let it get under my skin. That's one of the reasons I don't post many personal doll collection images here. The second reason is that the few times I have shared the image gets ignored, and if someone does reply to the image it's not to comment on the doll itself, but to comment on the other random stuff going on in the background of the image like a random poster or figure. That's one of the main reasons I always try to leave a positive reply when someone shares something here even if I don't personally collect the type of dolls they are sharing.
>>
>>8561444
Probably just a random pretty anime girl
>>
File: 1600988288049.jpg (30 KB, 222x251)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>3 days
>no update that Hades shipped out

They're cancelling my order aren't they
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (244 KB, 1172x840)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>8561540
>They're cancelling my order aren't they
Don't lose hope. Shipping is very random with these dolls. People who have been buying all of them each week report that while some dolls ship out the day after they placed their orders other dolls took a full two weeks to just ship out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know if you end up getting it.

My Hades "shipped" out the day after I made the order (aka they created a label for it), and I just got him about an hour ago, but he was damaged / defective. They sent it through UPS surepost, and handed it to my local post office to be delivered. UPS took good care of the package because there was no damage to the box, but the two chains across his chest came loose from one side leaving some thread sticking out from under his collar, and the four chains dangling from one side. I cut off the lose strings, threaded a needle, and connected the chains under his collar myself, and it's as good as new now. There were also a few paint marks on his face, but they came off with water and a cloth. I called shopDisney, and they refunded me for the shipping since it was over $75, and I was supposed to get free shipping. Instead of giving me a partial refund like Amazon does they gave me a $15 credit to use on my next purchase which basically hooks me into buying more stuff from them.
>>
>>8560977
Those are cheaper on Taobao and Ebay.
>>
>>8560757
I honestly don't expect the Winter OMGs to hit my walmart til December, there are still a lot of OMGs left along with other dolls, nothing has moved
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (64 KB, 512x175)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Oh but hey, if I remember correctly one anon here was looking for Series 3 Na Na Nas, I went to Rite Aid today and their toy section set up for Christmas had Series three there, might want to give it a try
Also had some older OMGs, decided to grab Busy BB since I didn't grab her the first time around
>>
>>8560486
please god, retire this face. the eyes are horrible. The dress is surprisingly cute and fun.
>>
Man I'm glad I was able to find her again, she's hella cute, had a bit of an issue with her braids, they came a tad messy, but it was a pretty simple fix
The chain on her hip attaches to a key that fits into her back pocket, I love little details like that
>>
File: 20201113_145426.jpg (455 KB, 866x1416)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
>>8561967
Woops forgot pic
>>
>>8560500
>>8560505
Dude... instead of wasting $30 on a whole doll just to yank some cheap tulle off its dress, why don't you just go to a craft store and spend a couple bucks on some trim by itself...?
>>
>>8561968
She's so cute I wish the remix dolls had the dressing room gimmick instead of the record, I know kids probably loved that shit but I would rather pay less for a more functional box
>>
>>8561968
Busy BB isn’t my favorite OMG doll aesthetic-wise, but I still really admire all the nice details she has like real pockets on her jumpsuit and a resizable strap on her bag.
Even though these are ostensibly playline dolls, I love that the designers take inspiration from vintage fashion. in fact, I think there is an OMG doll for every decade.
40s/50s - Busy BB
60s - Groovy Babe
70s - Roller Chick
80s - Pop BB
90s - Alt Grrrl
00s - Snowlicious
>>
>>8562285
The whole omg lights line was 60s/70s inspired with the mod and psychedelic theme, apparently next year omg light series may be 80s themed
>>
File: because you were home.jpg (207 KB, 1200x1600)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
I miss going to vintage doll and toy shows so much. Finding things on ebay doesn't have the same excitement to it. But also this doll popped up on ebay and I'm a sucker for vintage Disney dolls so I will put in a bit, I think.
>>
Does anyone know if the collector Gal Gadot Wonder Woman dolls have the same face sculpt as the playline dolls from the first film? I need the face mold used on the collector doll for a custom, but I don't own a playline doll to compare it with in hand. I'm assuming they are different though - it's hard to tell from pictures.
>>
>>8560977

This one of those cheap asian 'bjd' type dolls you see on amazon and AliExpress and the like. You can get one for cheaper brand new off Wish even. The body underneath the clothing is pretty ugly and the heads of some of them are rip offs of legit bjd companies.

If you have $200 to blow you're better off getting a second hand dollfie dream or an obitsu 50cm. Quality is way higher.
>>
>>8560327

Minifee have completely ruined the bjd hobby at this point. All other msd dolls might as well just not exist because minifee are all anybody makes clothes for anymore. I refuse to buy a bobble headed tiny bodied generic looking minifee just to have clothing to choose from. My limwha and lillycats will just be nudeists.
>>
File: 20201108_111452.jpg (3.35 MB, 3024x3024)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
>>8563139
Learn to sew! Doll clothes are not as complicated as you would think. For example, this shirt has no actual sleeves.
>>
>>8562208
Same, the dressing room gimmick is so cute and it makes for a cute set up with the dolls, the record player is just a quick gimmick that gets old fast and jacked up the price
>>
>>8563163
I've tried sewing and I hated it. I don't have a head for patterns and measurements. I did not find it enjoyable at all.

It just sucks because I've even tried to comission people for above the going rate only to be told they 'only sew for minifee' or the 'sold all their other bjd models and they don't want to work from measurements.' I want to give someone my money to do it but minifee are all that matters anymore.
>>
>>8562979
They are different face sculpts (and have different bodies). You can probably get the collector doll for pretty cheap though, if you don't care about her outfit or hair - both WW and WW84 have collector 2packs with Wondy and Steve Trevor, and the loose Wonder Woman dolls from those are not exactly hot selling items.
>>
New Barbie/Ken fashion pack, it’s ok I guess. Are we ever gonna get a two-piece Barbie swimsuit again?
>>
>>8563494
I’m impressed that one piece shows off as much as it does
>>
>>8563494
The suit is cute. Like i'd wear it, but for a doll? Eh boring.
>>
20% on Shop disney today. Regular playline dolls are $12.95, with coupon you can get them for $10 each.
>>
>>8563494
Poor Barbie doesn't even get shoes.
>>
Anybody got neked pics of the new Billie Ellish doll?
>>
Here's the stock pic of the sparkle serie nanana surprise
>>
>>8563823
Ducky raincoat is cute
>>
>>8563113
any places youd recommend buying from?
>>
>>8562106
because he's retarded and/or trying to bait people by posting about his plans to destroy a doll basically
>>
I found this on Etsy for $240 Canadian, does it look worth it?
>>
>>8564072
Hard to tell unless you know what type of doll it is?
>>
>>8564096
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/838444252/full-set-bjd-doll-60cm-with-clothes-best
Pretty sure it’s a recast MSD
>>
File: Creepy-Doll-4.jpg (112 KB, 667x500)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
First it was >>8560977
Now it's >>8564072

What's with all these dolls that look like they came from Grandma's cheap porcelain doll collection? Ya know, the dolls with all the embroidery, tulle and lace out of the wazoo? Tacky.
>>
>>8564150
I like the tacky look
>>
>>8563823
The Mermaid and Pirate are my favorite. Raincoat girl is very cute, and If you're into anime the sailor girl should be right up your alley.
>>
>>8564072
Literally looks like one of those recast/cheap China ones but you do you anon
>>
>>8564150
Different strokes for different folks.

For example I dont like disney/bratz/lol/mh/baby dolls
I also dont like most BJD
I do like dolls like Licca or barbie dispite the lack of articulation
>>
>>8563139
There are so many options in the slim MSD category these days, though, so my dolls fit Minifee clothes but aren't actually Minifees.

>>8563163
>>8563429
I actually have pattern books for a bunch of dolls and I still can't bring myself to actually sit down and make anything. I made ONE dress and that was enough for me. I like a lot of the creative stuff in this hobby, but fuck sewing. My eyes are too old for this stuff. I do love seeing what my friends make when I lend out the books, though, so it's not like that was a waste of money at least.
>>
>>8564448
Care to share anon?
I actually have some pdfs that I've downloaded, but damn, I wish I had the DCR 13 one, from the cover alone the stuff in it looks cute af. So far I don't seem to have any luck finding it online even though this issue is more than a year old. I also really want the DCR Romantic Dresses because of the lolita shit, but I am not even looking for it because it's super new and I know I won't find it.
>>
File: foranon.jpg (2.21 MB, 2550x3246)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>8564472
The books are a real bitch to scan, but here's one from one of the Unoa Freaks. You basically have to weigh the pages down, use tracing paper to get the pattern, and then use the tracing paper pattern for sewing because of how they're made. You can see on the edge where I just could not get the spine to lay flat for a good scan. On a lot of other books, there are these crazy fold out patterns which are too big to scan, too transparent and double side printed so you can't get a clean scan, or all of the above.
>>
File: silverbutterfly.jpg (2.3 MB, 2550x3190)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>8564510
One for the boys. I just let my friends borrow the books until they're done (and thankfully never run into anyone trying to run off with one because they can get a little pricey). If you have a Kinokuniya near you, you can probably pick them up in person (for like twice the normal price but no waiting at least).
>>
>>8564510
>>8564512
Thanks for your kindness, anon!

>use tracing paper to get the pattern, and then use the tracing paper pattern for sewing
Isn't possible to copy it (with a printer or going somewhere for it or whatnot)? I believe it would be easier and a little less flimsy with regular office paper, but I am legit asking since I don't know. I plan to print some of the patterns so I am hoping it works.

>On a lot of other books, there are these crazy fold out patterns
God I hate those. I think the CDR kimono one has these and I was so disappointed because it was one of the patterns I was looking for the most and the patterns were kinda incomplete and it was clear how shit it was to try to scan it. Bless the scanner soul, though.

>Kinokuniya
Unfortunately, we don't. There are a few japanese bookstores here (or there were, I dunno after rona), but the dollar is currently worth in gold here were I live, so nothing from anywhere else than China for me for a while
>>
Found a hell of steal on Craigslist, gonna pick it up tomorrow
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/pml/tag/d/coquitlam-doll-house-furnishings/7228692976.html
>>
>>8564535
>Isn't possible to copy it (with a printer or going somewhere for it or whatnot)?
Technically yes, but it requires actually taking the pages apart from the book, and I would really rather not do that. The Unoa Freak patterns I uploaded happened because the books are so old that the glue is just starting to come apart in the spine, so they just fell out nice and neat like that.
>>
>>8564072
Doesn’t buy resin dolls on eBay if you don’t want a recast - hard resell on the second hand market
>>
>>8563908
preorder directly from the company. There are third party stockists but depends where you are and what you want
>>
>>8563139
Really? I feel like every time I look for slim MSD clothes they’re fairly generic or a little bit behind on fashion trends - like loads of pastel goth stuff despite it peaking five years ago.

>>8560327
Is Facebook the best place for sales and comms for pure neemo?
>>
>>8564866
it can't hurt to check. I usually buy pure neemo new from 3rd party/authorized sellers like hobby search or used from mandarake
>>
The Barbie Extra line is starting to trickle into stores.
I’m disappointed with these. The pets are completely unnecessary, why not allocate that part of the budget to improve the actual doll? MSRP is $24.99 and they don’t even include a stand, what a ripoff.
>>
>>8564948
This is extra disappointing to me because they're somewhat analogous to fashion I like, only poorly executed and put together. It's a shame.
>>
File: u0nkq7.jpg (990 KB, 1927x2776)
990 KB
990 KB JPG
I got this kimono off Ebay, it's one of my favourites.
>>
File: 20201115_124134.jpg (407 KB, 860x1164)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
Barbie thrift haul! Nothing particularly fancy, but they came with a baggy that had a lot of nice little outfits and accessories, lots of cute stuff
>>
File: 20201115_124211.jpg (193 KB, 744x1013)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>8565290
And I was able to hunt down this book finally, I love looking at all the old outfits and accessories, makes me jealous
>>
>>8565298
Nice, any outfits standout in the book?
>>
File: 20201115_125442.jpg (260 KB, 830x1174)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>8565305
So many
>>
File: 20201115_125649.jpg (329 KB, 961x1334)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>8565320
>>
File: 20201115_125927.jpg (152 KB, 1033x702)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>8565325
Got a kick out of this pajama set for Ken, comes with a little honey bun
>>
File: 20201115_130334.jpg (350 KB, 1189x1138)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>8565331
I could post many more but ill end it here with these adorable astronaut suits
>>
>>8565320
>>8565336

I love these.
>>
>>8564948
Instead of the pets they should have come with a second outfit and stand. Make the pets a sub theme blind bag situation like color reveal extra or something.
>>
Has anyone seen lol omg 24k DJ show up in stores yet? I’ve been searching nearby Walmart’s but no luck
>>
>>8565765
She's from an older wave isn't she?
>>
File: GRN29_01.jpg (41 KB, 679x679)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Official images of the other 2 Barbie Extra dolls are out. Mixed feelings on them much like the others. Blue hair has some printed lace up detail on the sleeves - the jacket would be perfect without that extra detail - it just cheapens the look with it being printed on. Similar feeling on the flame print on the fringe jacket of the other doll.
>>
File: GRN29_03.jpg (38 KB, 679x679)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>8566119
>>
File: GRN30_03.jpg (41 KB, 679x679)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>8566121
>>
File: GRN30_02.jpg (96 KB, 679x679)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>8566124
Her freckles are cute. But damn she deserves better hair and cuter earrings at the very least...
>>
>>8566119
Almost good
>>
>>8565908
She's been re-released, it seems.
>>
>>8565331
>dat seam finishing
>>
>>8566124
A playline doll jacket with a working zipper? Ok I might actually get this one
>>
>>8566309
Haven't seen anything, could try Target
>>
>>8566386
The working zipper, the lining, the nice trims. This is the direction they need to continue in. If they just give good quality clothing on an articulated doll the $25 price point will get people buying them. They need to rework their Barbie budgets from the ground up - the line is so bloated now anyway. When they have that much product on shelves not moving it's no wonder they keep cutting costs.
>>
>>8564535
There are apps that can turn jpegs into pdfs.
>>
>>8566550
>They need to rework their Barbie budgets from the ground up - the line is so bloated now anyway. When they have that much product on shelves not moving it's no wonder they keep cutting costs
100% agree. Mattel should have a few of high-quality articulated Barbie lines, not a whole pile of bricks in sack dresses.
Stop spending so much money creating lines that don’t really sell (creatable world, wild hearts crew, etc) and focus on making Barbie actually good again.
>>
>>8566309
Also try Walgreens, that’s where I found Shadow, Downtown BB and Uptown Girl
>>
Is there a link to the bjd discord
>>
>>8564072

You can tell from the wrists that this another one of those cheap 'hinge' jointed dolls that don't have a real bjd body and whose head is probably a recast.

Seriously anon look up resinsoul or island doll or impldoll if you want a legit bjd in the $250 to $300 price range that isnt an oversized brittle plastic fashion doll.

Also join DenofAngels.com. Ignore anyone who says it's toxic or any other made up crap and ask questions in the newbie part of the forumn.
>>
>>8564866

Check etsy for minifee' clothes. There are literally dozens of shops ranging from knitted sweaters to full fantasy outfits.
>>
>>8566127

The hair looks too thinly rooted to me but I like the color. Those earrings though, woof. That's such a classic Mattel move. "what does the youth care for these days? Ahh yes, girl power!"
>>
>>8565298
Thanks for the images. God this makes me miss the doll shows. I could dig through entire bins of vintage Barbie fashions for hours.
>>
>>8566127
>giant earrings with that hair
I can FEEL my earlobes ribbing.
>>
>>8564948
>>8566119
It's so annoying when I want just like one accessory from these things. I'm not paying $50 for a pair of winged shoes and some green socks just to throw two dolls into a storage bin I keep swearing I'll take to Goodwill some day.

Gonna have to stalk ebay to see if anyone is selling the separated items again.
>>
>>8566842
Figures I’d get really into my doll collecting just in time for a pandemic to cancel doll shows, I would love to go one day
>>
>>8560231
that elle eedee has some of my favorite MH shoes.
>>
>>8566943
Robecca had some nice ones too. I'm also a huge fan of signature calliope and honey's shoes as well.
>>
>>8566119
hahahahaha.absolutely horrendous.
>>
>>8566584
Biggest thing that would help is if they cut out like 90% of those playline career and other type dolls. Go back to having the dolls be nice dolls and then make fashion packs extra and playsets for a handful of the more interesting things. They are so obsessed with making sure Barbie can be EVERYTHING that they end up making her be nothing at all. Plus the Dreamtopia line - so many cheap, ugly and redundant mermaid, fairy and princess dolls when having just 3 GOOD ones with a handful of variants is all they need. It should be like a 12 doll line MAX.
>>
File: 1DS8ARn.gif (485 KB, 480x270)
485 KB
485 KB GIF
>>8566124
>>8566127
>TFW a fat blue blob skateboards down the road towards you.
>>
File: PicsArt_11-16-06.37.37.jpg (983 KB, 2898x2898)
983 KB
983 KB JPG
>>8566124
>>8566386
The jacket is really cute with the real working zipper and lining but they had to ruined it with printed lacing on the sleeves, like if they couldn't do lacing just scrap it, the rainbow high is for reference
>>
>>8566874
They were so fun. I hope you get to go to some, and that they can survive all this.

It's especially fun when you go to the same shows every year and you get to know the little quirks. The doll show with the ATM that you shouldn't trust and the unofficial husband waiting room. Which booths have the best Barbies, and which has the best "offbeat vintage dolls," like those mod-inspired boudoir ones from Japan. Which doll shows are filled with "reborn doll" type people, and which had drama with the "reborn doll" people so they won't come anymore....

Oh doll shows.
>>
>>8567431
Please anon, give us tales of the dollshows. or places to read about them.
this sounds batshit in the most fun way
>>
>>8566813
th-that’s where I’m looking
>>
File: 20201116_203417.jpg (863 KB, 1208x1208)
863 KB
863 KB JPG
Pure neemo anon, Licca heads look nice on the bodies.
>>
>>8567431
Hey, Doll Show-anon. How easy is it for a man to get pussy at a doll collection? Is it worth it?

I've heard that chicks get plenty of dick at regular SF conventions, no matter how fat or ugly they are. Just dress up in some cosplay and you'll have your choice of nerds lusting after you. So as a decent looking (straight) guy with an interest of dolls, I'd thought it might work for me in an opposite way at a doll show. Are there bangable looking girls there or are they all just grandmas and frumpy fujoshis?
>>
>>8567513

Honestly I can't speak for everyone else but I'm at a doll show to shop and talk hobby. I don't want some horny doll guy getting in my way while I'm trying to find nice doll clothes or learn how to improve my face up skills at a panel. Save that shit for the bars when they re-open.
>>
>>8567466

Just a quick search gives me this

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AnastasiaMayakova

This
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Nulizeland

This
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SophieToyParadise

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlsineDollBoutique

What's your deal anon, there's like million things to choose from.
>>
File: thisisbait.jpg (24 KB, 625x626)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>8567513
Please take your trash self out. This is a perfectly nice thread.
>>
>>8567495
Speaking of Licca, any sewfags have this book? (Licca chan kisekae sewing book)
I've found it on a random site an okay price (scan), but I don't know if it's a scam so I am just asking here before hand just in case.

>all this cute shit
>>
>>8567593
nope, but if you get it from etsy usually the downloads are pretty complete. you just want to be sure that you're measuring the seam allowances once you print them out, also, how much? I don't pay over $5 for scans.
>>
File: folder.jpg (480 KB, 1175x1500)
480 KB
480 KB JPG
>>8567593
No but I have this. Where do the kids upload scans these days?
>>
>>8567606
It's not etsy, if it was there I think I would actually buy it without hesitation lol usually my scan shopping there has been pretty smooth. It's a site called Kailey books, it has some comments complaining about some of the (coloring book) scans they have, so I guess at least they deliver something? lol

>>8567720
Etsy, mostly.
But have this big mega archive someone dropped at our sister site
https://mega.nz/folder/iFd3wapa#B70grHUe4xsTkLU_s8Ag_Q
>>
>>8567441
I call this story... The Tale of the Rebuffed Reborn Doll Ladies.

This is from a doll show that has been running for many years, and it should be stressed that at no point was this doll show ever marketed towards reborn or other realistic baby dolls. It's a doll show primarily for Barbie dolls, vintage dolls, antique dolls, retro dolls, with a few contemporary vendors (like Madame Alexander) that rotate. But there is usually a booth, maybe two, of reborn-friendly stuff.

So a group of "reborn doll women," the type that don't just collect them but treat them like children, take them out in strollers, etc, started going to the show with their dolls. That was fine, albeit unusual, as people typically don't bring dolls to this doll show unless they're headed to the "I repair dolls & stuff" booth. They had a little unofficial "meet up," culminating in the holiest of places, the row of school-style lunchroom benches shoved in the center-back of the room, in front of the sole food vendor that sells plastic-tasting hot dogs and gyros served in the warmth of a hazy yellow 70s school kitchen glow.

Their presence soon became annoying as there is precious little space in the showroom (there's 200 booths or so) and their group went from a few people carrying their dolls to the booth with newborn baby doll clothes and accessories to a gaggle of people with strollers that would stop at every both, talk about the dolls they saw to their dolls ("Oh Precious Baby Name! Isn't this the cutest Barbie set?? Ohhh but it says ages 6 and up... to big for you honeykins!!") and take up space not just in the "food court" but in the actual showroom aisles. Which is, of course, a big no-no, as blocking booths with strollers means people are less likely to bother going into booths, less money for vendors, less money for the show, etc. Complaints to the official doll show runner began to build.
>>
>>8567739

The "reborn women" group came for about 3 years, with each visit seeing the group grow in size and scope. The final time they came en masse culminated in a tantrum worthy of, well, a newborn baby. The owner of the doll show decided to make it official: no strollers or carriers for anything that was not a real baby. She decided to make this official at the actual doll show, as the show's website and social media is pretty much never updated with anything meaningful, anyway.

Now imagine you're part of this reborn doll group. You've been taking your "babies" to this show for years, and you're used to making a spectacle of yourself, demanding attention and notice, as you go from booth to booth with your "baby." You sometimes even take it out of the stroller and pat its plastic little ass as you pretend like you're going to buy something from one of the booths. (And you rarely do.)

You arrive to the show, diaper bag, stroller and all, only to be told by the greeters at the door: Strollers and baby carriers for real babies only, ma'am. Your friends behind you stop in their tracks. Did... they just say that your precious snookums ISN'T a real baby?

As you might imagine, being told that "strollers are carriers are welcome for REAL BABIES ONLY" did not go over well with the reborn crowd. They said it was allowed before. Showrunner said, rules changed. They said they should be allowed to bring dolls in. Showrunner said, you can, but you have to carry them yourselves, and there really isn't a reason to bring dolls in here anyway, it's a doll show for finding and buying, not showing off your own items. They said that it was too hard to carry a doll, that's what strollers are for. Showrunner said if you can't carry it, leave it in the car.
>>
File: 500.jpg (19 KB, 500x300)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>8567564
>Barren reborn collector detected.
>>
>>8567741
Only a handful of the reborn doll women decided to stick with the show. Most of them left that day, red in the face for more reasons than one, at being rebuffed. A few did the sensible thing and took their dolls to the car, so they could return and buy doll stuff.

Sadly, the Facebook comments that detailed the most beautiful parts of this drama have since been deleted. But being bluntly told that they could leave their dolls in the car, and that taking them around the showroom, cooing over them, stopping to 'feed them,' etc, was not acceptable, absolutely made them lose their minds. The reborn doll "moms" wrote comments of great length on the doll show's facebook page about being offended that they were told their dolls are not real babies. They demanded an apology for being told that their dolls would be fine sitting in the car, because you can't just leave babies sitting in a car, Cheryl! You just can't!

All the shows I've attended after that year have had maybe one or two people bring reborns, and only specifically to go to the booth with baby doll stuff. Their era has passed.
>>
>>8567513
Absolutely no one is hooking up at doll shows. Any man or woman who cares more about pussy or dick than sitting on the floor for an hour digging through a massive basket of 1960s Barbie clothes won't be at a doll show.
>>
>>8567606
Samefag cause I forgot to add: it's $5. It's not much, but I don't wanna risk losing money kek
>>
>>8567747

Basically this. Doll shows are way more about snagging good deals than feeling out and 'fandom' or whatever. Bitches be wantin a bargain.
>>
>>8567199
I’m probably going to try removing the lace up printing and/or add actually lacing in it’s place. It should only take a few minutes to do by hand.
>>
>>8567739
>>8567741
>>8567745
Ah reborn weirdos, wild
Good on the doll show for not tolerating that shit for too long
>>
>>8567747
>massive basket of 1960s Barbie clothes
God, that's a wet fucking dream. the best i tend to do is finding the odd small baggie of barbie stuff with a few 90's items at our shitty local thrift store.
>>
File: DISGUSTING.jpg (38 KB, 331x379)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>8566119
>>8566121
>>8566124
>>8566127
So basically two more low effort fat brown diversity dolls with puffy blue hair. Thanks Mattel, but I think I'll be keeping my $30 for an MGA doll I've been eyeing.
>>
>>8567739
>I call this story... The Tale of the Rebuffed Reborn Doll Ladies.
I'm already hooked.

>Their presence soon became annoying
>a gaggle of people with strollers that would stop at every both
>Isn't this the cutest Barbie set?? Ohhh but it says ages 6 and up... to big for you honeykins!!"
>blocking booths with strollers means people are less likely to bother going into booths, less money for vendors, less money for the show

Yep, and that's how you kill a fandom. Star Wars people ran into the same problem once tv shows like The Big Bang Theory made Nerd Culture posh and fashionable. They start in low, and start to grow until they have 100% hijacked your hobby, and than they have the balls to turn around, look at you and say that you are the problem.
>>
File: 1543521468235.jpg (89 KB, 1200x796)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>8567741
>Showrunner said if you can't carry it, leave it in the car.

kek.
The ending was so worth reading this story LMAO
>>
>>8568312
>the Big Bang theory making literally anything posh or fashionable
>>
>>8567513

>arrive to the doll show at the unheated community centre
>I’ve saved up some spare cash and I’m ready to spend it on tiny sweaters
>A man blocks my path, the fluorescent industrial lighting throwing every blocked pore on his face into sharp relief
>EY BABY WANT SOME FUCK
>I turn on my heel and make a quick escape
>all I wanted was some tiny sweaters
>>
>>8568515
>There's a rumor among doll collectors...
>That if you attend a doll show on the last day of the event...
>And go into the back rooms where normal attendees are not supposed to be...
>There will be a man.
>He's the most perfect looking man in the world. Like a cross between Fabio & Ken, only taller. Oiled pecs bulge out from his half buttoned shirt. His black leather pants accentuate his well chiseled buttocks.
>In his sultry, vague European accent he will speak softly to you...
>EY BABY WANT SOME FUCK
>Only those with an iron willpower and fierce determination to snag a good deal on tiny sweaters can resist his charms.
>Those that submit to this doll show Lothario are taken to a secret room. One that is their ideal backdrop for lovemaking. Be it Victorian bedroom, Walled garden, or sunset beach.
>There, the woman is carnally debauched by this Casanova of the Barbie dolls. He's forceful, but tender and he knows how to exactly please a woman.
>Descriptions of his manhood size vary, except for the fact that it "fits perfectly" and he knows damn well how to use it.
>Afterwards, the ravashed woman will be found wandering the back halls of the doll show in a daze. When questioned, she is unable to say how she got there.
>Only to say, "I've just had the best shag of my life!"
>This tale is particularly popular with the reborn doll community as it is believed that intercourse with the Doll Juan will result in pregnancy 100% of the time, no matter how barren the woman is.
>This has led to a glut of reborn mommies surging to attend doll shows of late, taking their diaper bags & strollers with them.
>But alas, with the Wu-Flu shuttering all public events, the dream of being seduced by Phantom Lover of the doll shows has disappeared for now...
>>
>>8568515
>dad died when I was young and mom worked a lot so spent a lot of time with grandma who got me into dolls
>it’s been a tough year but decide to go to a doll show at the local community centre
>At a booth in the far corner I see a small selection of tiny sweaters, just what I’ve been looking for
>a guy wearing ill fitting jeans and a band t shirt cuts in front of me and starts asking where he can find some “prime pussy”
>I assume it’s some kind of gimmicky Japanese doll released in the 70s for the adult market and point to the only Asian doll booth, it’s run by an older Korean guy who runs a local import business and picks up dolls at flea markets when he goes overseas for work
>The guy looks at me with disgust and the scorn of a heterosexual male reminds me of the father I never knew, he walks away but I’m momentarily frozen my eyes staring vacantly in the direction of a booth selling 80s wrestling figures and memorabilia
>I’m jolted out of my reverie by a woman rushing past me clutching the tiny sweaters I had my eye on in a ziplock sandwich bag
>I fight to hold back the emotion welling inside of me
>at least I manage to get a good deal on a figure of the man who awakened my sexuality, Hulk Hogan
>>
>>8566119
At least she's got her thumb in maybe a real pocket? Let's see if Martell actually keeps them though. Otherwise the look is still a complete hot mess (no pun intended). Seriously, who designs this crap?
>>
>>8567029
Signature calliope's were so gorgeous, I wish I had them in real life.
>>
>>8565113
Looks great! It's simple, but the gold trim makes it elegant.
>>
Just found two these “A monster high story” dolls for $7 each. Are they worth buying?
>>
File: yes-1.jpg (470 KB, 670x472)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>8568778
>Are they worth buying?
In a heartbeat.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1 MB, 2548x1383)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
>>8568819
Thanks. My local thift store just randomly had these two mint in box behind the counter for $7 each. I'm not a major Monster High collector, but I got Frankie as she's my favorite character. Not sure if I should go back for Draculaura later on today.
>>
>>8568911
Yes, go back and get Draculara NOW.

She's selling for $35 on eBay, so it's worth investing $7 that can turn into $35 if you want to go down that route. Either that or you can use Lala for trading bait with another doll collector.
>>
>>8568014
Its' honestly amazing. One of my favorite booths has those giant storage tubs organized by decade and type (60s tops, 70s full ensembles, etc) and if I wanted to, I could probably spend the entire day of the show there.
>>
>>8568911
I find it interesting that Monster High did collector lines with the ghouls as fairytales and superheroes, and then a few years later Mattel made Ever After High and DC superhero girls.
>>
>>8568915
I went back to get her. I guess the reason I left her behind was because I wasn't a fan of the green stuff on her dress, but you're right about it being a good deal. I almost wish I knew someone who was really into Monster High in my area so I could gift it to them.
>>
>>8569023
The fairytale one came out long after EAH had started
>>
>>8569138
>The fairytale one came out long after EAH had started
Scary Tales came out summer 2012, EAH debuted summer 2013
>>
>>8569164
Huh, strange, did they ever get re-released? I know I saw them later than that
>>
I bought my first ever Na Na Na today, and I am an instant fan, there's just something so appealing in these dolls
>>
>>8569213
Who’d you get?
>>
>>8569213
I like that they manage to be cute and fashionable without looking whorish
>>
>>8569256
Well, most of them
And let us not forget the lingerie on the poodle one
>>
File: 20201117_200653.jpg (1.07 MB, 1080x2075)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
Sneak peek of the neon rainbow high girl : karma nichols
>>
>>8569353
>glitter lips

nope
>>
>>8569353
Yeah not crazy about the glitter but I oove the neon green
>>
>>8569353

The eye makeup looks great! I'm always impressed with the way these dolls look like they have looks actual women would wear.
>>
>>8569353
I love how this one's eye makeup makes her eyes look less round, I think it looks way prettier.
>>
does anybody have a collection of all the rainbow high dolls released? I'm considering getting one but I dont know which one. Im considering Jade.
>>
>>8568751
Thank You! I wanna get blue one for another doll I have.
>>
anybody know where to get azone dolls for under 200 (are there any?) ? Or just shops dealing in them?
>>
>>8569250
Bebe Groovy
>>
>>8569970
Buying them firsthand? They're all under $200 on AmiAmi/Hobby Search/HLJ. Unless you mean the big ones, then you're SOL.
>>
>>8569970
You could look on Mandarake if you’re looking for the big ones but they’ll probably be damaged for under $200
>>
>>8569885
Jade has nice hair but her clothes leave a lot to be desired. Poppy is the best balance of nice hair, cute makeup and nice clothes. Wait for wave 2. Because honestly of the wave 1 girls the one I liked the most is Avery - but she is in a gift set, so not really the ideal first doll option from the line.
>>
Long shot, but does anyone have a clue as to what doll this is. Thats the only pic I have .
>>
>>8570762
maybe a betsy mccall?
>>
File: 20201119_024133.jpg (130 KB, 1024x576)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>
Garrett Sander posted some MH prototypes to his Instagram
>>
>>8572553
>>
File: MtM.jpg (255 KB, 1200x1600)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
So ever since Made to Move bodies came out I've been keeping an eye out for them while thrifting.
Years go buy, and I haven't been able to find a single one. Now suddenly out of the blue I keep finding this naked MtM doll almost every other week in relatively new conditions. Joints are nice, and tight, hair is un-played with. It's almost like someone buys her for the outfit, but has no interest in the doll itself, and just donates her body instead of trashing it.
Who is she, and why do people take the outfit and then trash a perfectly good MtM body? I don't collect black dolls, but for a $1 I'll take it. I'm going to rebody one of my Disney Princess Frog dolls.
>>
>>8572671
She's the black version of Wheelchair Barbie. Obviously someone wanted the wheelchair and doll clothes, but didn't want the doll itself, MtM or not.
>Insert your own racist joke here.
>>
File: IMG_20201119_120242_176.jpg (1.54 MB, 2355x2322)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>8572001
>>
>>8572553
>>8572557

Wow, this is interesting! I now want to see a "Fashionably Fierce Monster Teens" prototype release like Mattel did with the "Lords of Power" He-Man convention exclusives.
>Barbie proportioned bodies
>Prototype outfit for Clawdeen
>Pale skin Frankie
>Regular Lala because she came out perfect the first time.
>My Scene shoes.
Alas, we won't ever get this until the inevitable MH re-reboot.
>>
>>8572703
Its a shame. black wheelchair barbie is pretty cute. I only saw white here
>>
>>8568778
>>8568911
I really, really regret not buying that Frankie when she was around. In the years afterward, I realized it's probably one of my favorite Frankie designs, I don't know what I was thinking passing on it.
>>
>>8572703
>but didn't want the doll itself, MtM or not.
That's a waste of money. I mean if it was one of those cheap budget fashionista body I'd totally get it, but you can do so much with a MtM body even if she's black.
>>
File: 20201119_144517.jpg (336 KB, 1006x660)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
OfferUp usually has nothing good but today was a goldmine, I'm especially excited about Peaches n Cream & Astronaut Barbie, probably gonna be my last haul of the year
>>
File: 20201119_145114.jpg (439 KB, 1232x838)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>8573407
Others plus some of the accessories
>>
>>8573013
I mean She's not horribly expensive on ebay. I think I saw one for $30 plus $10 shipping. That's not too horrible considering that her original price point was probably $20 to $23 and that shes eight years old. Just keep your eyes open for a good deal.
>>
>>8572792
I saw them both, and didn't care. I'm waiting for the male MtM wheelchair doll mainly for the rare male MtM body.
>>
>>8572553
I could honestly see myself collecting these if they were in store for around $23. As $60 plus adult collectable dolls that you have to order online I probably wouldn't be interested.
>>
>>8573407
>>8573408
That's an amazing little vintage collection there. What's even more impressive is that not only do they still have their main outfits on, but they also still have their shoes and accessories. Congrats on your find, anon.
>>
File: Rainbow High 4a.jpg (104 KB, 900x899)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>8569353
We already have a neon green RH doll tho.
>>
New dolly
>>
>>8573485
Thank you! I was very excited to see they had so much still on them along with the outfits, Day to Night Barbie even had her business paper in her suitcase still, very cute
>>
>>8573488
She’s more of a neutral green than a neon
>>8573591
Super cute!
>>
File: IMG_20201120_133535_516.jpg (2.22 MB, 2322x2903)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
>>8565113
>>8568751

A fuller image of it if you wanted to see more.
>>
File: IMG_20201120_142155_937.jpg (1.36 MB, 2322x2902)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
She's Strapped up.
>>
>>8574121
Damn, I love rainbow high's clothes. I wish I could just get the clothes, but they are too new and too expensive in my country for me to even be able to find it at any thrift shop.
Need some aliexpress dupes.
>>
>>8574121
These dolls are so fashionable and cute
>>
>>8575563
I wish the faces weren't flat
>>
>>8575581
They still have more dimension to them than the OMG dolls do.
>>
>>8575603
Not much though, still very flat
>>
File: P9210004.jpg (232 KB, 1283x1888)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
So I guess the latest trend here on /doll/ is our thrift store finds. Might as well show you my haul I picked up in the last few days.

But don't think that this is some boring "this dirty old dolly" show & tell! No! We've got mysteries, surprises, chuckles, and heart break ahead! It's going to be a wild Friday night in this thread! Woo!
>>
>>8575766
thats a wide variety of outfits lol, I see disney's Jane, Bo-peep and Flynn Rider
>>
File: P9210009.jpg (203 KB, 1617x1428)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>8575766
Let's take a lookie at these two beauties. Normally, I wouldn't pick up these plain-janes, but they were in a bag with Invisi Billy for $7, Pricey for a sack o' random dolls, but Billy alone was worth it.

To the left is a Disney Store Cinderella in what I believe to be Jane's dress from Tarzan. Hair's a mess. May sell the dress on ebay to recoup my $7 back. Don't know what I'll dow with the doll, as she's pretty common, but the body's better than standard babs dolls.

The doll to the right is a mystery. She's got no markings on her. None. Her face is very Madame Alexander-ish with glass-like eyes and pinched mouth. Articulation is VERY basic with 5 poa. The left leg is permanently bent at the knee. I'm getting ballerina doll vibes, but I can't pinpoint where. Top is a standard babs outfit, but she does have bloomer that seem to belong to her. Any clues on this mystery doll?
>>
does anybody know any good doll reviewers? I miss toy box philosopher
>>
File: P9210011.jpg (189 KB, 1420x1566)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>8575781
Now onto our pair of transvestites.

Poor Billy, he's very confused and going through a phase. He's wearing Toy Story Bo-Peep's dress. Another outfit for the eBay fodder. I'm keeping Billy for my own MH collection. I had a Billy once, but sold him. As a matter of fact, I found my first Billy in the exact same thrift store as this one. In a bag of two other MH dolls. That was well worth the $7.

As for our babs, she's in a male Flynn Ryder outfit. I think I have a naked Flynn that could use this outfit! Also, if you have keen eyes, you'll notice something "off" about this barbie doll...
>>
>>8575789
HANDS
>>
File: P9210014.jpg (182 KB, 1262x1798)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>8575789
...Someone switched heads on the barbie with a Wonder Woman doll! I'm not knocking it, as the WW body is a better one than most babs have.

Seems like Billy is liking her too! Looks like a change of clothes and a naked lady in front of him was all Billy needed to stop questioning his gender confusion!
>>
>>8575796
the dick omg
>>
>>8567735

Thanks for sharing this, and sorry for being that new, but which site are you talking?
>>
File: P9210006.jpg (187 KB, 1365x1798)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>8575796
And now it's time for the heartbreak...

This is Jordan. He's from Integrity Toys "Janay" doll line from back in the 90's. I picked him up simply because it's rare to find an AA boy doll out in the wild. The Integrity mark on the back of his head was also intriguing. Was it the same Integrity company that make all those snooty high class dolls today?

But alas, When I was going to photograph Jordan, I broke off his leg at the hip when I moved his leg a bit out too much. I'm sorry Jordan. I never meant for this to happen. Maybe I can find you a donor body, but an AA one in your shade would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I'm so sorry!

Oh, and there's also TRU exclusive Elasticgirl in her early outfit. No mask, but in otherwise perfect shape. I already have her MIB with Mr. Incredible, but I wanted a spare to go into my harem of Elasticgirl dolls & figures. I'm up to about 12 or 13 now. Yeah, she's my milfu waifu.

That's all i got this week. Press "F" to pay respects to Jordan ;_;
>>
File: EnTwQ--XcAEatmo.jpg (69 KB, 720x922)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
saw this on twitter, but can't find promo images for the other girls on amazon or target. i think sunny looks really cute, though, again i'm liking what they did with the eye makeup.
>>
>>8575825

just kidding, i googled it. maybe it's just because i love rh, but i think they look super cute, especially for what i think is supposed to be a budget line.
>>
>>8575831
>>
File: 5c0888cbb1a455de.png (223 KB, 400x500)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>8575819
Oh yeah and if you're wondering if Integrity Toys are still making Jordan dolls, albeit with a snooty look, they are!

<----This is the modern Jordan. Seriously.

...I guess good ol' Jordan did the opposite of Billy and went in for a full sex change. Gotta admit that those Thailand docs did a good job.
>>
>>8575836

$22.99 isn't much of a drop for a budget doll from $26.99, though.
>>
>>8575831
I really want to like RH, the fashion appeals to me on a personal level and I like their makeup. But a doll line kind of lives and dies by its proportions and faces to me, and I don't like either here.
>>
So Francie is super cute and cant wait to dress her in mod styles. Her hair is such a weird texture in comparison to the other dolls I have it's like too soft
>>
>>8575940
I like the outfits and makeup, and I can overlook the flat faces, but the body looks so awkward
One thing I’ll praise about OMG is the unique body choice
>>
>>8575825
>>8575831
>>8575836
What a great doll line, gorgeous.
>>
>>8575819
Poor Jordan! But perhaps he can find a way to live a fullfilling life without one leg.
>>
>>8575831
I think yellow, blue and green are cute, but orange, red, and purple are not hitting the right notes.
>>
And because 2020 couldn't get any worse.
>>
>>8577526
The New long awaited 10th Anniversary 17" LE Rapunzel is now available, but only at Shanghai Disneyland, and she looks like this.
>>
>>8577530
Oh that's right, that's Barbie Pink she's wearing. Some say the gold printing makes the doll look really tacky, and cheap. The random white at the top is mind boggling. In fact that's what I would call this dress, random, because it's a random mix of 30 ideas meshed into one dress.

Thanks, I hate it.
>>
>>8577526
>>8577530
>>8577543
Honestly the only thing I really like is her face.
>>
>>8573591
I want a doll with the Francie face mold in my collection so much. Congrats!
>>
>>8575077
I really like that dolls face. Who is she?
>>
>>8575766
That's a nice little haul. I'd say the Elastigirl, and the male Monster high doll are the best ones as they are harder to find. The doll wearing the Ridder outfit made me kek.
>>
>>8575781
>what I believe to be Jane's dress from Tarzan
That's not just any Tarzan Jane dress like the easily found Mattel version. That's the ultra rare and hard to find Disney On Ice Jane dress.

I have her doll mint in box because I went to see a Disney On Ice show. I'm not a Tarzan or Jane fan, but I bought the doll after the show because the girl who played Jane in the show had a horrible accident where she fell to the ground face first while flying in mid air with Tarzan on a vine. I felt bad for her and didn't wanna ever forget so I bought her doll.
>>
>>8576781
They're just super super pear shaped lol is insta influencer snatched but rh is clunky for lack of a better word, I love the fashions especially jades but those faces and bodies...
>>
>>8575782
Some of the ones I enjoyed straight up left and took their toys with them after YouTube started cracking down on toy channels, and they realized they wouldn't be able to make money off of their reviews. Others like My Frogy Stuff and The Doll Circle who talked about leaving when they though the cash would be taken away from them have stayed and continue to monetize their doll videos even though they were told not to. Me personally I just type the name of the doll I want a review on and cross my fingers for the best. Sure there are a few channels I watch but none of them are good, and they are all annoying in one way or another.
>>
>>8575789
>I had a Billy once, but sold him.
Why do people do this? Why are people always selling off random dolls from their collections only to later regret it or buy it again? I'm keeping everything. If I buy it it's mine. I'm not selling crap even if I have five of the same doll. They are mine!
>>
File: shitt.jpg (476 KB, 1000x600)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>Disney finally makes a Jewish princess
>She looks like SHIT

Do you think she'll get a doll?
>>
>>8577571
thanks! the reproduction sells for pretty inexpensively on ebay. I got this one for $30 NRFB I think?
>>
>>8577752
Isn't this old information, like a year old
>>
>>8577572
Fashionista 51, if I remember right.

I need to give her an actual name tho, I still have her original dress, but she looks much better with the Kimono.

I don't know why some images have her with the bent arm.
>>
>>8577526
>>8577530
>>8577543
Big oof
>>
>>8577983
Yep. The image I have saved on my computer of her dates back to December 2019.
>>
>>8578336
Well then you know the answer to your question.
>>
>>8572553
They are beautiful, but they look like older women would like them more than kids who would like a more cartoony bubble head look. Plus they look expensive and parents won't drop that money on a doll
>>
>>8578768
I mean they were just prototypes to sell the idea for MH, if they went more of the myscene angle i doubt they'd match the prototypes
>>
File: IMG_20201121_155707_900.jpg (213 KB, 2098x2098)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
Last francie post I swear. Made her a dress using the official Mattel patterns. Damn these patterns fit well.
>>
>>8576117
she has kanekalon hair which tends to get damaged and frizzy easily so definitely be careful when handling her hair. I usually drown my dolls kanekalon hair in conditioner to get it to stop feeling so dry.
>>
>>8577526
I legit thought she was supposed to be like that 17" Rapunzel from a few years ago, the $50 "Deluxe" one, not a $130 LE.
>>
>>8578817
how pretty
>>
>>8579105
I have this doll still in the box and I'm sad because I know I'll have to sell it before I move for my new job. It's so pretty in person.
>>
>>8578817
I absolutely adore her, she's so precious
>>
>>8579079
Oh! Thanks for the tip. I'm used to the saran/whatever licca and blythe hair is that usually feels greasy
>>
The weird pleating on the skirt, the sewn down parts... they did this with the holiday Ariel doll, too. It looks horrid and makes the dress look cartoonish and flat.
>>
>>8579862
The gold chest piece is very strange
>>
>>8579868
Feels like they were trying to add in details from some concept art where she's got a gold bodice without fully committing.
>>
>>8579874
Yeah it definitely feels like a piece they really wanted to include into the design but failed to properly design around it
>>
If anyone cares. The other 2 Barbie Extra dolls are available on Walmarts website right now ready to ship. So no need to wait for the super long street date/pre order times listed at other retailers. Rainbow coat and iridescent dress are out of stock right now, but are also available through them with no street date.
>>
File: Jordotron.jpg (226 KB, 1204x1751)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>8577319
I've decided that Jordan is gonna have a full body replacement. Been looking into some 1/6 headless bodies for him so he can return leaner, meaner, and blacker than before.

>>8577581
Oh definitely Helen & Billy were the best of the haul. But Fiona Ryder is by far the most unique as someone actually took the time to swap heads of a generic Barbie with a Wonder Woman. And then further, some clueless thrift shop worker dressed her in a man's outfit. She's got character.

>>8577606
Tarzan on Ice? How did Tarzan get from Africa to the Arctic? LOL No seriously, thanks for that info! I see that there's one dress on eBay for $20. That should cover last week's thrift doll expenses. Thanks!
>>
I finally got a chance to make it down to a Target and there's still no damn Winter Chill OMGs, at this point I think they won't be put out around me until after black Friday holiday shopping is done
I did see Pink Rainbow High girl though
>>
File: Barbie 2020 EXTRA 2.jpg (96 KB, 717x897)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>8580564
>Target and there's still no damn Winter Chill OMG
My target has had them for over a week now. I don't care for any of them tho since they are all brown or have big afro hair. I went to see if they had Barbie Extra or the new Pink Rainbow High doll today, but they didn't.
>>
File: HERCULES 111.jpg (105 KB, 717x894)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>8561540
Did they ship your Hades yet?
>>
>>8580744
No Extra dolls either but I expected as much, but im really loving the Winter Chill girls I gotta grab Missy Meow, Big Wig and Icy Gurl when I get the chance
>>
Dolly redress day for Licca and Middie.
>>
File: 20201122_131734.jpg (1.37 MB, 2468x1908)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>8580744
Why are barbie posters always racist?
>>
>>8580908
If I had to guess, Barbie is kind of a legacy brand so it's more likely to have older fans, who tend to have more outdated views/values. There is also the fact that Barbie has historically had kind of a problem with diversity, with a gigantic portion of the line being comprised of skinny, conventionally attractive, blond, blue-eyed white girls, with their nods to diversity being rather small and/or underwhelming. That kind of thing might attract racists who feel that Barbie is like, pushing an all-white agenda or something similar.
>>
our doll selection is pathetic

>only blue, purple, red, yellow RH have shown up
>havent seen anything but purple in 3 weeks
>no winter chill
>no chillax
why live
>>
>>8580933
I didn't expect an actual answer but that sounds about right
>>
>>8580933
>who tend to have more outdated views/values.
Brain washed college kids. You know I hate them.
>>
File: BLACK BARBIE.jpg (255 KB, 800x892)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>8580908
Not all doll collectors collect ethnic dolls for the sake of instargram brownie points, and that's ok.

Me personally, I collect whatever the hell I feel like. No, I'm not going to buy a brown or black doll to support some cause if the doll is shit or lie, and say it's beautiful if it's skin tone is so dark that it looks like the living embodiment of a cursed image. That said I have no problem with brown dolls. I own one of the two dolls in your image, and I was really happy to buy my first ever black Barbie this week. I mostly bought her because she's part of a line I'm trying to finish, but she's also pretty. I even own a few of those black Disney princess dolls.
>>
>>8579188
>I know I'll have to sell it before I move for my new job.
Why would you have to sell a doll just because you're getting a new job? Your new job doesn't allow you to have a personal doll collection?
>>
>>8580854
Comfy, and cute as always. I love the doll with the bangs. Those socks and shoes are adorable.
>>
>>8581258
Oh God. The purple hair fashionista is ugly. But more because of poor hair color and unflattering makeup color. She looks like she was planned to be white and changed last second without changing anything else. Funny enough the fashionista line tends to have the black dolls look better than a lot of the other dolls. The rainbow dress one is my personal favorite - honorable mentions to the tall box braid girl, vitiligo petite and the curvy Afro doll with the striped dress.
>>
File: 20201108_011108.jpg (137 KB, 1024x576)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>
File: 1604086065135.jpg (1.22 MB, 1080x2064)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>8581258
Who the hell keeps thinking putting light pink lipstick on a black doll is a good idea
>>
File: image0.jpg (378 KB, 1079x1084)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>>8581258
When was the instagram thing ever implied you know it's possible for people to buy a black doll because they like it and not for approval, you called the dolls not worth buying specifically because they're brown or have afro hair, what conclusion are we supposed to come to from this
>I own a black doll
>I have a black friend
People darker than that doll exist, the design sucks but it's not just because she's dark
Anyway cheers anon I don't want to start fighting but you can see how your posts could be misconstrued as something more unpleasant
>>8581558
Agree the edit another anon made with darker makeup was cuter
>>
>>8581558
What color would you prefer?
>>
File: 1604098564888.png (2.59 MB, 1080x2064)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB PNG
>>8581681
Nayrt
>>
>>8581269
Thanks! Socks and socks are my favorite thing for dolls. it's kinda unfortunate that not that many doll north American doll lines have socks or underwear included.
>>
>fresh thread
>>8581890
>>8581890
>>8581890
>>
>>8580933
>Barbie has historically had kind of a problem with diversity, with a gigantic portion of the line being comprised of skinny, conventionally attractive, blond, blue-eyed white girls, with their nods to diversity being rather small and/or underwhelming
This isn’t as bad as SJWs like to claim it is, in the 90s Barbie almost always had a black, Hispanic and Asian friend in the same lineup as her. And a lot of white blonde Barbies had an African-American counterpart (remember Oreo Fun Barbie?)
I’m not one of the racist anons, but the reality of it is that dark skinned dolls have never sold well. Why should toy companies make products that don’t sell?
>>
>>8581893
Yet OMGs are doing great
>>
>>8577543
Her face looks like she's chewing a big wad of gum
>>
>>8578817
Once again I am amazed! I really do envy your skill in making doll clothes and sense of style.
>>
>>8581558
I don't like the lipstick, but mostly because it doesn't really fit with the rest of the doll. Dark lip looks are in right now, they coulda done a matte Indigo or something
>>
>>8581558
>>8582274
The indigo doll was originally going to be lighter skinned and MGA darkened her last minute, but they didn’t update the makeup to fit, so the lipstick clashes
>>
>>8581673
You must be really fun at college parties.
>>
>>8581261
She’s selling the doll because she’s moving - when you move you want as little stuff as possible
>>
>>8564472
There's a mega folder in the catalog. Lots of pattern books for BJDs. The link was posted both at /toy/ and /jp/.

https://mega.nz/folder/iFd3wapa#B70grHUe4xsTkLU_s8Ag_Q

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.