[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 61 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1596057876786.jpg (180 KB, 1289x725)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
Where the Fuck Is The Plunger Tube edition

Dart Zone Pro MK 2 reveal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d2uC_31dJ8

Previous: >>8475779
>>
>>8555575
Fuck that, where the fuck is the mag well edition.
>>
>>8555625
What do you mean? It shows the load point in the video. Do you mean how the darts fit in the angled grip?
>>
File: dcjhc7zviiy31.jpg (1.65 MB, 4032x3024)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>
>>8556502
Is it possible to learn this power?
>>
>>8556700
Yeah, all you have to do is play Factorio
>>
bought a fuckload of k26 what do
didn’t work in my longshot so i’m assuming i did something wrong
>>
>want to upgrade a mega blaster
>have to choose between keeping the sweet whistler megas or being able to actually hit shit
really ungas my bunga
>>
>>8556757

Build a Talon Claw
>>
>>8556864
You could probably cut a hole in the head of an Accu-Mega and get whistling Mega darts. Just look at the head of a regular Mega dart and try to carefully recreate it. At worst you ruin a dart or two testing to see if you can get it to work.
>>
>>8556864
That's what MEGA shotguns are for.

>>8557214
The hole is what makes the darts inaccurate.
>>
File: 1ekxg1h5gbw41.jpg (352 KB, 3472x2656)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
I want a terminator.
>>
>>8559887
>all that free space
I'm surprised how people aren't shoving longer plunger tubes on this thing
>>
Just chucked an old 2s lipo in the kmart stryfe and I'm starting to feel the flywheel master race lads. Made a nice improvement to fps and really cured the bogging down during rapid fire.
>>
>>8559887
This makes my dick hard
Is it new?
>>
>>8560285

not *that* new, but very expensive.
You're looking at 100+ dollars for just the clear shell, plus 100+ dollars for the internals.
>>
Some guy’s coming out with a easy ammo type swapping 3D printed blaster. Apparently he’s looking for applicants/people interested in the open Beta for it:
https://foamknight.com/

He says once the testing and refining is done the files will be freely available and he’ll sell part kits and fully assembled blasters.
Only specs material cost-wise I’ve seen so far is that it took about 1 kg of PLA filament to print.
>>
>>8561310
He apparently tapped Hotkoin to help design the appearance/shell, which is pretty cool:
https://foamknight.com/concept-art
>>
>>8561322
I have absolutely no interest in firing different ammo types out of the same shell but that blaster looks pretty slick!
>>
File: 1603445685344.png (356 KB, 677x496)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>8555575
DZP MK2 price tag confirmed at $79.99
It feels like a lot for what you're getting but I ain't even mad, I love breech loader pistols so much and the price means it'll probably have solid internals and FPS bone stock
>>
>>8562538
Makes sense they'd sell a pistol sidearm to compliment their primary, borrowing from the success they're having with the nexus and aeon.
>>
>>8561322
They look very phallic.
>>
Can I use a half dat mag in a stock springer or do I need to spec it for half darts
>>
This packaging is pretty cool
>>
>>8563734
makes me hungry for nerf pie

where do you get nerf news?
>>
>>8562538
>>8555575
Dracs got a hold of one apparently.
Hopefully he actually does a decent job reviewing it.
>>
>>8563843
This is actually part of a collaboration between Nike and a store called Concepts on a sneaker that's based on a Turducken. You get everything in pic related with the shoe, and I think it's the only way to get that Nerf football as well.
>>
>>8563906
Those shoes look very comfy.
>>
>>8563580
The dart post will get in the way and the short darts won't get pushed far enough down the breech to shoot very well.
If you have a front loading single shot Springer (like say a firestrike) you can rip out the dart post and it will fire half darts - you just have to push them all the way in with some sort of ram rod.
>>
>>8563580

You'll need a proper half-dart pusher, a half-dart breech and probably a mag adapter.
>>
>>8563896
How does drac get all this shit
Anyways I was hoping that orange part was just an extension, I'm glad I was right
>>
>>8565350
magic cards
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=3M3BrgA4lAg

The speed loaders don't seem to work all that great...
>>
>>8565350
After burning all his bridges with Hasbro, he needed another company to shill for.
Anyway the blaster looks tight but I can't justify $80, I'll probably be waiting for the cheaper Adventure Force version.
>>
>>8565515
>I'll probably be waiting for the cheaper Adventure Force version.
Already confirmed there won't be one
>>
>>8565517
Source?
>>
>>8565529
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nerf/comments/jslj6s/dart_zone_rep_confirms_the_dzp_mk2_wont_receive/
>>
>>8565539
Shame, maybe I'll keep an eye out for sales. Also I shit on Drac a lot but damn, most of Reddit seems to hate him now too.
>>
>>8565563
He's a massive tool and it doesn't take a special kind of person to see it, people only follow him because he unfortunately gets his hands on everything first
>>
>>8565378
kek
>>
>>8565515
>After burning all his bridges with Hasbro, he needed another company to shill for.

After burning his bridges with a shit company, he is now shilling for a company putting out good products

He could've done worse i.m.h.o.
>>
how essential is it for the plunger tube in the nexus to be well lubricated
>>
>>8566478
You should always have a well lubricated gas cham-- plunger tube. Keeps air pressure from leaking and allows the plunger to move as fast as the spring allows.
>>
>>8566517
what am I suppose to use to lubricate it
I feel like I've rubbed most of it off trying to wipe off hair and gunk that's gotten on it
>>
>>8566522
White Lithium is what I usually hear. Not sure if they mean the grease or the spray, but pretty much any plastic safe lube should do.

Could get a plastic safe degreaser to clean the whole thing off then grease it up again if it got dirty enough.
>>
>>8566526
it's mostly just stray hair and shit that gets on it near the O ring but it bothers me so I always try to wipe it off since I don't want it to get really dirty by ignoring it
also when I leave it sitting for a while it takes a decent amount of force to unseat the plunger from the barrel when I first try to prime it, should I not be storing it with the prime handle pushed forward all the way?
>>
>>8566536
Could be the lack of lubrication. Try working it slowly while the shell is open, or without the spring, and see if there's something not quite right just in case.
>>
>>8566551
it only does that when it's been sitting for a while with it fully forward, after the initial tug it's fine
that's why I'm wondering if I shouldn't have so the o ring is in the barrel when I'm leaving it for longer periods of time
>>
>>8559887
>>8560285
The screws get stripped, the supports are brittle, and they only support Worker internals. I'd reccomend avoiding it.
>>
>>8557689
>The hole is what makes the darts inaccurate.
That was debunked, like, a decade ago
>>
>>8567209
Yeah seems to be more about the rounded edges and the fact that the weight isn't right at the tip. That's why darts with squared off edges (like mega accustrike) fly straight, and rounded darts with solid tips (like acc half darts) fly straightish.
>>
>>8565563
The nerf sub-Reddit actually has a rather specific an personal feud going on with Drac;
The crux of it is that he wanted to be made a mod and/or for the mods to ban people on account of him happening to have personal beef with them, the mods refused so he left and ever now and then does stuff like calling the sub a cesspool. (Which is ironic considering if anything it’s
more of a hug-box about anything except for the ULTRA and Elite2.0 lines.)

So that’s one of the reasons why a lot of the users there passive aggressively hate on him.
>>
>>8567468
>>8565563
He wanted to ban torukmakto4 because he didn't like him, and when the mods didn't he threw out some vague threats. He also took issue with the policy to not make people with a commercial stake in the hobby moderators.
>>
>>8566440
fuck off drac
>>
>>8566522

White lithium grease or silicone grease works well.

I've heard that aerosols eat at 3d-printed plastic parts so when in doubt, use the grease kind.
>>
>>8568498

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all the fun I'm having with my Dart Zone / Adventure Force products.
>>
>>8568627
coop's still better than you, thief
>>
>>8568630
At least drac doesn't unironically say LE LE LE
>>
>>8568790
Coop stopped that a while ago but it was certainly cringeworthy
>>
So Jet Blasters released something new
>>
>>8568873
Looks to me like it's something new with nothing new.
>>
How am I supposed to get the pin holding the bolt and bolt sled together
Wanna do a brass breech but I can’t get them apart
>>
>>8569483
Find a slightly thinner metal rod, hold it against the pin and tap with a hammer until it's out. But make sure you're careful enough to not damage the sled.
>>
>>8569601
Fuck the sled I’m replacing it with a metal one
While I’m in here what else is worth upgrading
>>
>>8568873
>Something "new"
Ceda reshell number 5 at this point.
>>
File: drac.jpg (4 KB, 180x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>8565567
>>8567468
>>8567638
The dudes not just a tool, but a criminal as well, screw him.
>>
>>8568873
how is that new
>>
>>8568807
Half of his new videos still say it on the unboxing and contents shots
>>
>>8568873

Ceda reshell with the pump grip the right way around.
>>
>>8565378
underrated
>>
>>8569010
>>8569707
>>8570060
>>8570381
Ok even if it is just a ceda reshell, it's nice to see them continue to improve the platform. And this would be the first ceda reshell by Jet anyway.
>>
>>8555575
Looks basically like a Kronos with a speedloader
>>
Relatively new to the whole Foamblaster/Nerf-stuff and got myself recently a Stryfe, and just wanted to ask, what's the advantage of a metal-flywheel-cage over the included plastic-one?
Might get into modding, one day

>>8556502
Wait a minute, is that, is that Poppy qt pie?
>>
>>8571395
It's a little stiffer and holds the motors better. Some are designed so that the motors are closer together, meaning the dart is squeezed a bit and flies even faster. And if you have super torque-y aftermarket motors it might help them stay cool too.
>>
Not the guy who just asked about strife mods but does a better flywheel setup eliminate that horrible buzzing scraping noise? I've always avoided flywheelers because I hate the noise but I don't mind motor WHIRRRs as long as it sounds smooth and clean.
>>
>>8571984
That's why modders are so keen on "CNC machined flywheels" - if the flywheels are balanced they make less noise. Of course all that goes out the window when you add powerful noisy motors running off higher voltage but as you say, that's a different type of noise.
>>
>>8571700
Ok, thanks for the answer
>>
>>8571984
Balanced flywheels do typically sounds better. Look up some flywheel builds on YouTube and see for yourself.
>>
Just a "retarted" idea, I came up with
Barrels actually decrease the performance of Nerfblasters, aren't they
Has anyone removed the barrel from a titan yet?
>>
New Ultra AMP blaster.
>>
>>8573220
I might be wrong, but I think the titan’s barrel is actually wide enough that the darts don’t actually make any contact with it.

The closest I’ve ever actually seen to that was a joking low quality photoshop though.
>>
>>8573249
>ultra stryfe
Could be ok
>>
>>8573220
The Titan's barrel is very wide. Its low performance is down to stock Elite flywheelers being garbage
>>
>>8573249
Cool shell. Slightly worried about that clip release though. The Elite 2.0 ones have apparently been terrible and this is a similar style.
>>
>>8573360
I know, I basically only retell coop's opinion, but the Ultra-series is hit and miss so far
Worst part are the new darts
And don't start about Elite 2.0
>>
File: .com.google.Chrome.jpg (15 KB, 400x300)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>8573220
You said Titan and i thought Pic related and was thoroughly baffled.
>>
>>8573280
Its wide enough in theory. But id youre running and gunning theyre gonna hit the walls.

Hack that shit off.
>>
>>8573467
I completely forgot that """minigun""" Titan was a thing, that's what I thought about as well and was confused by the comment.
>>
>>8573449
I hear the darts are fine out of the springers but there's still no reason to run Ultra when Adventure Force darts are seven times cheaper.
>>
>>8573474
Might as well buy a Hyperfire instead of a Titan if you don't want the barrel
>>
>>8573489
50 dart drum magazine.
>>
>>8573489
Truth be told, I'm thinking it as some sort of "joke" mod
>>
>>8573489
More like Diaperfire
>>
i'm doing it
i'm buying a centurion
>>
>>8573834
Have fun. But be prepared to buy a lot of Mega darts. It munches through them quickly.
>>
>>8573834
Inspect the breech closely to ensure it hasn't been fouled on a half inserted magazine.
I've bought two centurions and they both have mangled breeches.
>>
Is the rapidstrike any different to simply finger banging a stryfe? Do the motors bog down less or are they pretty much the same?
>>
Can I duct tape 2 talons together and use it for double shots in a stryfe
>>
>>8577962
yes
>>
>>8576729
Mod it and it's better. Stock they're both shit.
>>
>>8576729

Modded Rapidstrike is a thing of beauty. However, as >>8578787 said, stock they're both shit.

A modded Stryfe eats a stock Rapidstrike, though.
>>
>>8579581
>A modded Stryfe eats a stock Rapidstrike, though.
Why? There's nothing you can put in a Stryfe that you can't put in a Rapidstrike
>>
Heads-up: Dart Zone Magnum X2 Superdrum and XShot Crusher both 50% off at Target for Black Friday week.
>>
Anybody ever try making an elite blaster shoot rival balls? Got a shitty Barrelbreak and I've been thinking about trying to convert it since it's a throwaway.
>>
>>8580454
Barrel Break would be a hard one to convert but it could be done with something simpler like an X-Shot Eliminator.
>>
k14 spring yes or no and why
>>
>>8580537
I'm assuming it's just a matter of increasing the inner diameter of the barrels?
>>
>>8580591
Pretty much. People have turned single shot Mega blasters into Rival pistols by simply removing the air restrictor and dart peg. The issue with the Barrel Break is that the functional barrels need to be thin enough to sit inside the orange faux ones when the blaster is closed. I haven't got mine with me to see how much material you could cut away.
>>
File: BbkIyx5.jpg (613 KB, 2323x2153)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
>>8580615
My first thought is to do some epoxy / PVC work and just replace both barrels with larger diameter ones. I'd like to be rid of the internal functional barrels and have direct contact between the PVC and plunger tube, but I don't know how I'd get that to work cleanly. Pic not really related
>>
Business idea: the tube at the bottom of the jolt priming handle should be the right diameter to hold a spare dart.
>>
>>8580559
depends on the blaster...?
>>
>>8581247
The dart would just get in the way
>>
I'm gonna call them guns instead of blasters and nobody can stop me
>>
>>8581963
icon longshot
probably gonna need some pretty serious reinforcements but think of how cool it would be holy fuck
>>
>>8569965
What did he do?
>>
>>8584479
check the last thread
>>
>>8584002
Apparently, it's been tried but there are better dedicated Longshot springs available
>>
>>8584479
stole magic cards from walmart or some shit
>>
>>8584834
It’s fat enough for a k26 to fit inside so I’m assuming it’s possible to use both if you really wanted but idk tho
Sounds like a good way to break something
>>
What actually can take a k26?
>>
>>8585903
yo momma
>>
>>8585903
Generally, single shot pistols, as long as they don't use the Jolt style plunger head. Also Rival blasters but there isn't much performance gain.
>>
>>8585903
Captain Xavier has a good video series answering this question for many blasters.
>>
>>8565512
Internals vid:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=oVVNBw3sthg
>>
>>8587920
I'm not giving dr*c a view but thanks for the pic
Looks like a crazy optimized design, I don't understand how that tiny plunger has so much power
>>
>>8588302
Looks like it would have as much volume or more than a retaliator, with less dead space, plus a sealed breech and a stronger spring.
>>
>>8587920

Looks like a thing of beauty on the inside - the only thing I could shit on is that the stripper clips look unwieldy.

I don't think there's a lot of modding potential there - except for the diehard autists, the thing already looks good as-is. That prime assist 'claw' Drac is putting out just looks awful.

Someone will probably develop a pump-grip kit and add a scar barrel to turn in into a PDW. But at that point, you're better off making a Super SPAMF as it can take magazines.
>>
>>8587920
is a detachable box max in the grip possible in 2020?
>>
>>8589713
With half-dart magazines, yeah. Look up the Dessert Pigeon or the Grass Snake.
>>
So what makes elite darts suck so bad? Do they just not have enough weight?
>>
>>8555575
>>8587920
>Toy blaster Repetierpistole M1912
What a time to be alive.
>>
any ideas on how to make a double stack single feed mag that fits in a standard mag well
>>
>>8591316
Double stack, single feed magazines are already unreliable with solid bullets in real steel guns - they're never going to work well in nerf.
>>
>>8591316
No idea if there's been an update on this design since
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j1XpdWMXS4
>>
I always get a kick out of YouTube Makers doing insane nonsense nerf mods: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=ZdJ84cHEmDc
>>
>>8591616
try this https://youtu.be/bIp6zdcSR04
no idea if this ever got a follow up or if the files ever made it out in the wild
>>
File: 20201127_174649.jpg (700 KB, 4032x2268)
700 KB
700 KB JPG
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4668304
>>
>>8594777
But why
>>
>>8594777
Finally, I can turn my Takedown into a Shot Blast.
Or I could, if they were sold here
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EfYpnxSKUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPYPSMmxViQ

big shock alpha strike is still bad and hasbro can't into making budget blasters
>>
>>8596580
I like the idea of taking simple blaster bases and attaching different shells over the top to create 'new' blasters cheaply but Alpha Strike plastic is godawful.
An Elite blaster like the Lynx but taking Trilogy shells would be fun. Seems that Nerf has abandoned shells after the Trilogy though, not releasing the Shellstrike or shell packs internationally then relaunching Elite with no shell blasters to be seen.
>>
>>8596580
>alpha strike
sux
>2.0
sux
>rival
dead
>>
>>8596802
>tfw Fortnite is our only hope
>>
>>8596804
might as well die

(the suppressed pistol would've been cool if it had a tac rail on top)
>>
>>8596807
Yeah, a little rail for an optional sight would have been nice, as would a way to properly dual-wield the DP-Es. There are grooves on the inside of the built-in sight if you wanted to insert some clear plastic with a drawn-on reticle.
>>
>>8596842
this is such a particular use case, but i have that dumb nerf gun rack, and i can store pistols on the side using their top tac rail

have 2 kronos and 2 hammershots stored already
>>
>>8596855
Neat. I'd like to see more reverse rails used for blaster storage.
>>
should I buy official nerf rival ammo or is there a cheaper alternative that's just as good?
also I have a perses, a nexus, and a couple hammershots, what else do I need?
>>
>>8597208
I have a recollection of coop saying the knock-off rival ammo from Amazon isn't as good so he prefers to use nerf brand.
And that's coming from a man who shits all over elite darts in every video.
>>
>>8597208
Adventure Force works fine if you have a Walmart nearby. I've gotten decent results with Headshot ammo online but reviews are mixed.
>need
That's mostly subjective, I'd say get a Meteor or a Kronos so you have a single-shot Rival blaster. Sometimes the Perses' ability to barf balls everywhere can be a liability. Also consider getting something Mega if you plan on playing in any games with special ammo effects.
>>
>>8597356
>>8597355
I don't actually play in any games, I'm just buying shit I think is cool
after using the hammershot I really don't think I can go back to using any sort of top prime pistol that needs two hands, I actually have a strongarm too but I never even use it anymore when I just wanna fuck around with a pistol
I don't know how much rival ammo I should look to get either, especially with how the perses literally disintegrates it
>>
what's the most fun/coolest non battery nerf or whatever other company gun?
>>
File: boomstick.jpg (30 KB, 499x273)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>8597473
Buzz Bee Double Shot.
>>
what's the best place to buy talon half length mags?
>>
>>8594777
>atf party van sounds increase
>>
>>8597473
Nerf Sledgefire. Least fun thing about it is the second hand price. Apart from that, it's a shell-fed, break action shotgun that fires three darts at once. Alternatively, grab something like the X-Shot Turbo Advance or (if it's available ) the Dart Zone Villainator. They're both high capacity pump action blasters that don't require magazines.
>>
>>8597506
>>8598033
why is all this shit I'm interested in always discontinued and extremely overpriced
>>
File: 1586271066074.jpg (41 KB, 718x231)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>8597473
Buzz Bee Rapid Fire Tek
>>
>>8593135
Orange Modworks used to sell like a purpose designed injection molded magazine that does a similar thing. Dunno if they still do.
>>
>>8598064
Overpriced if you're buying from ebay scalpers. Try r/NerfExchange or just check craigslist.
>>
any good nerf swords that are retail right now? the amazon exclusive one looked awesome but it's OOP I think.

what's Nerf generals take on this guy? I love the look, and it'll mostly be a display piece a la resident evil.
>>
>>8598127
The RFT/Hawk would be a lot cooler if I didn't have to break off the end of the barrel to open it up. The shell ejector on my Hawk is too weak
>>
>>8598229
I don't know of any good foam swords available at the moment. X-Shot has a few but they're cheap garbage. Fortnite has some foam-tipped pickaxes but that might be it for melee.
The Saturn is a great looking blaster but I'm a bit disappointed that it only fires one ball at a time. Even more disappointed that Rival Edge is still yet to show up in the UK.
>>
daily reminder that k25 > k26
>>
>>8598268
thanks anon.
>>
>>8598229
they make foam katanas with rigid cores that are fun to swoosh around
>>
>>8598514
Is that the Worker one?
>>
>>8598559
these are the ones i have

https://www.amazon.com/SparkFoam-Samurai-Plastic-Scabbard-Bundle/dp/B072B5RJLH/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=foam+katana&qid=1606776141&sr=8-2
>>
>>8598575
Ah, haven't seen that one
>>
any meaningful difference between a full autism breech with a barrel and a sleeper breech where you just shove it in there
>>
>>8563906
>a sneaker that's based on a Turducken
That’s both a hilarious and bizarre idea for a shoe
>>
File: 1600426795944.png (204 KB, 1000x750)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
What is the best Nerf logo and why is it 1998-2003?
>>
>>8560664
Doesnt look like very stable plastic for that amount of money if i knock it over by accident.
>>
>>8599090
I heard that a lot of Terminator shells broke in the early days. Stuff like screw posts snapping off
>>
>>8597473
Nerf Rival Hades, X-shot meteor royale and orbit royale.
>>
>>8598751
Depends on the plunger volume and spring strength - a long shot plunger with a 10+kg spring benefits greatly from a 12 inch or so barrel, and then you put a scar on the end for greater accuracy.
>>
Does anyone have the Worker half length dart kit for the Slingfire? I'm wondering if you could top off darts through the jam door without taking the clip out, like the Aeon Pro.
>>
File: Buzz-Bee-Guns-1024x845.jpg (109 KB, 1024x845)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>8597506
>>8598127
I have a love-hate relationship with Buzz Bee blasters, their blasters have some of the coolest gimmicks out there and nowadays have pretty solid proformance stock, but they tend to make the ugliest, most dollar store tier blaster designs in the business and are completely unable to design a shoulder stock usable by human beings.
>>
>>8599588
Buzz Bee doesn't design blasters to be held by humans
>>
>>8599090

I've heard that the plastic isn't as solid as the Woeker Prophecy shells
>>
>>8599588
Their build quality is also complete dog shit, I've never owned one that didn't break within several months of use unmodded.
>>
Other than the Kronos or takedown what would be a good blaster to get my feet wet with rival
>>
File: logo_1992[1].png (216 KB, 1600x1200)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>8598832
It's 1992 for me
>>
>>8601500
Charger if you're buying new, Artemis if you're willing to go secondhand.
>>
is it at all possible to find a stryfe for 20 bucks anymore or did i miss that boat forever?
>>
>>8573845
Jesus you weren't kidding. The darts are starting to get deformed and chipped at already and I've only had it for slightly over a week, worse still I bought some mega accustrikes for sniper memeing but I've had it jam on me twice using them, afraid to keep doing so if it means it will eat up those expensive things. I think it's because the heads are bigger than normal mega darts but I didn't think it would be a problem at first since I have heard of some people using them before. Are there any good third party mega darts good or am I just better off getting standard nerf ones when this thing inevitably murders mine?

>>8573861
That wasn't an issue thankfully since I bought it new.
>>
>>8601500
Artemis for a fun pump-action springer
>>
>>8601811
There are some third party Mega darts that use an upscaled Elite Accustrike head. I heard those were pretty good by Mega standards
>>
any good indoor target recommendations?
>>
>>8603051
Empty cans, plastic bottles, you can also probably cut up the packaging of your blasters into nice targets with some craftsmanship. Get creative!
>>
>Had a couple more overnight prints done to fine tune everything, and I think its ready to be released! It's a basic 4 short dart inline clip. Requires 40mm of 17/32 brass and removal of air restrictor and dart post.
>All you need is access to a 3d printer (Library or Makerspaces are great!), a 17/32 brass tube from your hardware store (cheap), and basic tools: hack saw/metal pipe cutter + sandpaper/some scissors for reaming the tube, and some masking/electrical tape.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4672633
>>
>>8603074
That's pretty cool. The longer barrel adds to the cartoony look of it.
>>
>>8601593
Same here, that's my childhood.
>>
>>8603072
There's a nice auto reset target, like the real steel gongs. It uses a servo and arduino setup, it's on thingiverse.
>>
>>8603051
I had a "boxing ball stand" lying around which makes for a perfect headshot target at the end of my hallway.
I don't know why people say flywheelers are innacurate because it's not unusual for me to get 6/6 hits with my 2s stock stryfe at 20ft or so.

But I suppose that perspective changes when you take part in some outdoor nerf war at a wide open park and the minimum engagement distance is like 75ft or something...
>>
>>8602962
Is there anywhere to get those other than nfstrike? I have heard bad things about their shipping.
There is a listing for some on ebay but it's horribly overpriced. Not as bad as official darts, but still too much.
>>
>>8603491
Not that I'm aware. I checked AKBM and a couple of US stores but no sign of them.
>>
>>8603491
Try aliexpress, this was just the first listing I saw so there's probably others. Looks like they have suction darts too https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000953934602.html
>>
>>8603491
Pretty sure it was nfstrike who commissioned them so your only other bet would probably be direct from the Chinese company who produced them.
>>
File: 20201203_132740.jpg (2.96 MB, 4032x3024)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
is this nut type part of the muzzle break on the nexus supposed to be able to turn freely? it even can move up and down for whatever reason
>>
File: 20201203_205005.jpg (1.56 MB, 1444x4032)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
Its been years but I had to own this.
>>
>>8605662
I'm tempted to get one. just seems like such a fun thing to have around. How's firing it?
>>
>>8605666
I was a bit surprised it was semi auto and bot full, and only operates with battery but I haven't nerfed in awhile. Don't like how loud the flywheels are but it feels good to shoot. My brother claims it hurt more than he thought it would.
>>
>>8604813
Mine spins as well, but it's just decorative so it's fine.
>>
>>8605666
I picked one up mostly because I grew up with Halo on the original Xbox back in high school. It was kind of expensive, but it has a really nice feel to it.
>>
File: zs3lgdsea3n51[1].jpg (216 KB, 1666x937)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>8605662
Now repaint it, you pussy.
>>
>>8606203
that does look cool. tell me about your colour choice.
>>
>>8606203
that is beautiful anon. how long did that take you? I know nothing of the process of painting nerf guns.
>>
File: 81tXVXZCc-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (202 KB, 1500x1025)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
not much of a nerf guy but my little bro is, so.. can i get some help?
>Nerf Elite 2.0 Commander RD-6
>Nerf B9837 N-Strike Elite Disruptor
which one of these would make for a better birthday gift for a 7yo boy?
>>
>>8607754
Do you know if he has any stock or barrel attachments? If so, the Commander. If not, go for the Disruptor
>>
File: joot.jpg (140 KB, 1024x1149)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>8607836
much appreciated
>>
>>8607754
A stryfe

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.