[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 81 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Customs Thread.png (1.74 MB, 1635x1108)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
What's on the workbench, /toy/?

Post WIP or finished projects, give advice, ask for advice, and most of all have fun!
>>
File: PXL_20201025_230519376~2.jpg (435 KB, 1174x2172)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
Had an extra SSGSS headsculpt and made it into a better SS. Turned out well. Easy process but the fine lines on the face plates are hard
>>
what are good epoxies that won't cure to be too heavy, when I do heavy custom work it tends to wind up too heavy on bigger guys and I can't recast my own parts.
>>
>>8543779
looks good. how did you get the eyebrows to look so good?
>>
>>8543803
A tiny brush and thin paint. It wasn't as hard as the green eyes. Also thank you.
>>
>>8543816
what kind of paint?
>>
>>8543841
I used water base acrylic and a a few krylon Matte coats.
>>
Shapeways came in the mail the other day.

For those who want to make a custom satyr, pan-faun, minotaur, etc. I present to you sozai-compatible cloven hooves. Ankles are swiveling ball joints, hooves are a hinge.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/7GDZQ4VJQ/minotaur-satyr-feet
>>
is shapeways still the go-to for outsourced 3d printing?
>>
>>8543953
Depends. I had to print something with Sculpteo recently due to file size constraints of Shapeways. Same materials and results more or less but Sculpteo doesn’t seem to have the selling option that Shapeways does.
>>
File: IMG_20201104_002620545.jpg (904 KB, 2048x880)
904 KB
904 KB JPG
Working on a super saiyan 4 vegito
>>
WIP Sci fi warrior partially based on the moebius design for jodorowsky's dune sardaukar. Production was slowed because platinum-cure silicone doesn't play nice with SLA resin. Have a workaround now, should have a clean cast in the next few days.
>>
>>8543848
This is pretty rad, anon! Are these your own designs? What kind of custom faun are you hoping to do?

Love seeing the customs that people do with the sozai-chan. This swimsuit is simple, but I liked it.
>>
I was planning of making a custom of pic related but I never made or did a custom before, am I biting off more than I can chew? I was thinking of using the paul rudd head and simply sculpting the helmet and using the sunfire body.
>>
>>8544346
You'll never know until you try. Have fun with it
>>
>>8544034
looks pretty cool. will it be articulated?
>>
Kitbashed this Madcap a while ago... That led to waaaay more kitbashing...
>>
>>8544605
Waaaaaaaay more kitbashing....
>>
>>8544309
Thanks! Yeah, the hooves are my own design. I think I’ll turn my Sozai-Chan into a Pan-Faune like Merino or use a tan Sozai for a Satyr. Eventually I want to make a Monster Musume-style Minotaur but need to get a thicc figure for it (might splurge and just get a Revo Cattleya). Really wish I bought that articulated Pochaco GK off eBay when it was still available (even if the ass-tech was horrible).
>>
>>8543967
me again. I just finished sculpting the arms. should I prime and paint them before putting the upper body back together or after?
>>
>>8544597
Thanks. This particular figure won't be articulated, but will be cast in flexible resin like M.US.C.L.E. figures, so somewhat playable. If I get a decent amount of business (potential buyers at least) selling this and other figures, I'll probably figure out a way to add some basic articulation. It's 6cm tall.
>>
Has anyone used that Cosclay stuff yet?
>>
File: PXL_20201105_083229658.jpg (2.78 MB, 4032x3024)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
Hi all, I tried priming the web gear on some joes to paint, and they're all sticky. Is there any way to remedy this? Why did this happen? Softness of the pvc? Oils on the parts? Thanks!
>>
I don't think I posted this here, but I did my best with this. Took the DCUC bits and fit them to a Body-Kun base, used a decal for the shield and a jacket to throw over it from GPSlot. I wish I could find the DC Direct superboy for an alternate head, but unfortunately they ask rape prices on ebay for him.
>>
>>8545479
the type of paint you're using doesn't bond well to softer plastic. you could try coating it with krylon fusion and see if that helps.
>>
>>8545479
Scrub it clean with a degreaser, that stickyness might be that its an oil or chemical based paint that reacts poorly with soft plastics.

It can even melt and damage if left on too long.
>>
>>8545967
This is the case. Use a water based paint instead
>>
>>8545912
>>8545967
>>8545987

RIP thank you for the heads up. Any recommended degreasee? Or would any work?
>>
>>8544804
Completely up to you. Might be better to paint everything before reassembly, or just snapfit things without gluing as you paint. How will you prime and get colors on?
>>
>>8548336
probably hand brushing the black paint on and then coloring on top of that. I do have some black rustoleum primer, but i've had this issue >>8545479 in the past with my marvel legends hulkbuster and i don't want to risk that happening again. Plus after I put the torso together I need to add more fur and cover up the seams
>>
>>8546271
Regular dish soap is fine, but I think this is paint reacting to the soft plastic. Strip it and do this >>8545912 and/or >>8545987. Alternately, you could dye the plastic.
>>
More 3D printed fujo bait, Historical Waifu Nikola Tesla edition.
>>
>>8549707
I've finally gotten to the point I can just get drunk and sit down and sculpt over my Desktop Army base for fun.

But man painting at this scale is a bitch.
>>
>>8545551
too skinny and feminine of a body, and the head is too big. Looks almost like Spider-girl with pecs to me.
>>
>>8548336
So I painted them, but I'm getting paint rub when i bend the arm. guess this project is on hold until my rotary tool comes in the mail
>>
so i've been wanting a no more heroes 1/12th figure for a while but at this point I'm willing to custom one into existence. Would ML Starlord be a good body base?
>>
>>8550789
Use some sandpaper to the areas to knock them down lightly then paint as usual. Take some super glue on a toothpick and spread it over the paint where the rub happens and let it cure.
>>
>>8550997
well i also need to sand away inside the joint, but thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.

Would a matte sealer have the same effect as the super glue?
>>
Articulated 1/12 scale Kabuto, 3D printed from Shapeways.
>>
>>8551546
Top side.
>>
File: skeltons oo.jpg (72 KB, 540x306)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
anyone know of a castable PVC-like material? I wanna make pose skeleton knockoffs
>>
>>8545551
Supertwink
>>
>>8551546
>>8551551
Nice! Looking forward to seeing it finished. Is it your own model? You should post it to the Pokemon General, even though they're morons that don't see the benefit of 3D printing figures.
>>
Any suggestions for removing overdone paint shading like pic related? I'd much rather just have the sleeve be orange.
>>
>>8551546
>>8551551
>3D printed
>Shapeways.
lazy and looks like shit
>>
>>8553169
>looks like shit
Definitely not up to the premium, play-doh quality we're used to here on the customs thread.
>>
>>8553377
Don't feed the fuck faces any attention.
>>
>>8550440
I mean, he is a kid, so he isn't really the most fit and muscular person. And this head was my only option. There aren't really any good casts small enough. I'm still looking around though, hopefully i can improve it.

>>8551796
Big gay
>>
>>8551546
Not bad, I would say to dye it black before you paint the underside to avoid paint rub on the leg nub joint things.
>>
File: IMG_20201107_193538777.jpg (2.2 MB, 2304x4096)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
What do you think is better, near complete overlap of parts to hide joints or a higher range of mobility?
>>
>>8551546
Wow, looks amazing
>>
File: Lobey Preview.png (875 KB, 1596x1080)
875 KB
875 KB PNG
>>8553759
Didn't consider that. Thanks! Never dyed anything before but I've heard Shapeways' nylon takes to dye REALLY well.

>>8551948
This was reverse-engineered from an .OBJ file ripped from one of the newer Pokemon games, but the engineering for the joints and clamshell body is strictly my own design. With a little modification I made a stylized Trilobite figure from that model I intend to print next time. (pic related.

>>8554082
Thanks!
>>
File: 1414025137444.jpg (22 KB, 163x162)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
What do you all recommend for a good 1/12 scale base body?
I've seen the DamToys ones and the MixMax ones and I have no experience with either of those (or anything else) and I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on which is the best to work with?
>>
In case anyone needs some starter guides on customizing such as prepping a figure, basics of using Apoxie Sculpt, types of paints and sealers, painting techniques, glues and epoxy adhesives, etc.
http://jinsaotomesdangeroustoys.com/guides.html
>>
>>8554619
Make sure you use RitDyemore, not the regular Rit. The DyeMore is made for synthetics and works on nylon, rayon, etc.
>>
>>8544346
Why a Paul Rudd head? An MCU Avengers Cap seems like a better choice.
>>
>>8545551
I think it came out pretty nice. Especially considering 90's Superboy is in his late teens anyways.
>>
>>8544608
Did you turn Havok into Tony Stark? Neat.
>>
Hey all, could you give me a little advise? I am looking to do a custom of Dan Aykroyd as doctor detroit (pic related) and I’m planning on using the plasma series Ray Stantz head. Are there any figures that would work well for this costume that are compatible with that head? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>>8554003
Mobility
>>
File: Deathstroke1.jpg (1.67 MB, 1125x1759)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>8543743
Tried fixing some of Deathstroke's problems. Some minor paint work to his battle damage, closed up the inside of the sword sheath, removed the holster with the molded in pistol and added a functioning holster taken from Select Deadpool, gave him DC Direct Arkham City Two-Face's pistol, Select Gambit's staff, and the remote claw that confusingly shipped with Arkham Asylum Batman.
His knee joints are pretty bad, the top joint doesn't move nearly as far as it should so I may try to modify that, but I'm mostly happy with how he is now.
>>
File: Deathstroke2.jpg (1.68 MB, 1176x1719)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>8555924
>>
File: Deathstroke3.jpg (1.75 MB, 1224x1632)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>8555925
>>
File: finalfaction1.png (3.92 MB, 1769x1891)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB PNG
>>
File: toy_ideas.jpg (191 KB, 1132x797)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
Too many ideas, not enough money.
>>
>>8553158
Just buy 50 cent orange paint at Walmart and a $3 brush and paint it lol, orange covers well so it’d at best take 3 thin coats, but even just 1 is plenty
>>
There any good material for making a thick gasmask like hose for?
Was looking at these things, but so far everything I've tried has been too small or too inflexible to work.
https://www.google.com/search?q=braided+wire+loom&tbm=isch&client=firefox-b-1-d&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwi_7dLfr-roAhWECd8KHf2mDSAQrNwCKAB6BQgBEMoB&biw=1434&bih=669#imgrc=Jydo0Hr356rTqM
Have not tried the braided cable cord covers here. Also looking for anybody who can do decent cloth work.
>>
>>8559271
If I understand correctly what you’re looking for, I would take some thin bendy craft wire, bundle enough up for as thick as you want it to be, and cover it in heatshrink. This will retain poseability and should look the part of a gas mask hose well enough.
>>
>>8543848
Really nice!

Also curious if anyone here does any silicone molds for resin casting? I'm trying to get into it but I've ran into a few road blocks. Would love if anyone has any recommendations for silicone and resin, or even any good documentation. I just ran out of mold star 15 slow which I've had no success with, though mostly due to me not knowing what I'm doing.

My current goal is to replicate figurines I make out of clay (started with airdry Crayola clay to practice but have now moved on to super sculpy), as well as cast parts of figures so I can practice more with stuff like adding new joints or kit bashing them onto other figures. (Current example are to cast a fortnite werewolf head and mod it so I can fit it onto a marvel legends beast body, and recast some funko pop fnaf toy feet to give them ankle ball joints for articulation.)
>>
>>8560632
describe the issues you're facing and I'm sure people will be willing to help.
>>
>>8560632
I make plenty of molds, if you're having trouble let us know and we'll help.

I'm aussie so my go to brand is Barnes, I use use their pourable and paintable mold makers.
>>
>>8560632
Crafsman SteadyCraftin on Youtube does a lot of tutorial vids on that
>>
>>8560723
The issue I just dealt with is that the silicone I bought simply wasn't enough to fill the mold, so I'm wondering if there are any affordable brands that offer more than "test sizes." However prior to the pour I did today, I have had issues where the silicone never cured properly, which destroyed a clay master, though I think it was due to using air dry clay so I'm hoping that switching to super sculpey will work.

Other general issues I've had is dealing with messes from mold leaking through gaps in-between the lego barrier I made, but I've sort of remedied it by using tape around the sides and bottom.

>>8560742
Haven't heard of Barnes, located in the USA and so far the only brand I've tried is Smooth On, but they don't sell everything on amazon so I've been trying to look around at other brands and sites to buy silicone. I met someone that made figurines at a festival that told me they used dragonskin to make molds but they didn't remember anything specific beyond that. I bought some silicone from a brand called Decorom since it was pretty cheap, going to try and see if I can use it with small items since it only comes in small volumes.

>>8560749
Will check out, I think I saw one of his older videos but I remember having trouble finding the product he was using.
>>
>>8560786
Isn't mold star the brush on varient and not meant to fill a mold? Smooth On is my go to because its cheap an available on Amazon all the time. I use Oomoo 25 as well as a lego barrier for smaller things and the consistency of the Oomoo doesnt allow it to leak through the gaps and its relatively cheap at 30 bucks for the trial size and then I use Smooth Cast 320 which is also on Amazon for 30 bucks. Lately ive been moving away from using lego and cutting strips out of a poster board to make ring molds so when i rubber band the halves back together its a more even pressure around the mold itself and make for better seals and less resin flashing
>>
>>8560749
Channel is fucking lit.
>>
File: 20201113_132029.jpg (1.06 MB, 872x1398)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>8556529
Ok, so despite the head being cast in pink plastic, making him black works infinitely better with this head sculpt.
>>
File: 0s8ky1[1].jpg (49 KB, 577x797)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Anyone have this or can comment on it for use for customizing?
>>
>>8556698
>Droopy
Spider-Ham baf + 3D printed head and lots of sanding
>The Mask
Mattel TDKR Joker + sculpt
>Harvey Birdman
Steeljaw Jack base + Hawkeye head and Hawkman or ML Angel wings
>>
>>8556698
Forgot pic
>>
>>8562510
I've seen alot of people use it for anime characters and spiderman. What are you looking to make anyways?
>>
>>8555570
Try using a black series yavin Luke Skywalker body with the lower legs off a suited marvel legends body
>>
>>8559910
Yeah, I'm trying to maintain the texture though, Is there some material I can bundle it in that'll be relatively loose like a shoelace? I figure if it's light I only need bended wire for the part near the gasmask hose.
>>8562510
No idea, but from 1/6th experience, I would say you'd need to watch for it becoming way too heavy with custom work.
>>
File: toy chairs and table.jpg (947 KB, 4404x1352)
947 KB
947 KB JPG
>>8543743
not sure if this counts, but i spent a few days making chairs for my figures. will probably varnish them tomorrow
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (70 KB, 800x600)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>8563458
I already had ideas. Pretty much the same for Birdman. I think I'd actually buy a "Mask" head.

I just can't decide which one to try first.
>>
>>8551546
>>8551551

For those who are interested, Kabuto 3D prints are now available.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/5NSYM6S2S/1-12-scale-articulated-kabuto
>>
>>8563463
>What are you looking to make anyways?
En from Dorohedoro, so that body is probably overkill but I didn't know what else to start with.
>>
File: 20201115_013058.jpg (3.23 MB, 4032x2821)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
Been working on this spawn for a bit, I'm pretty happy with it, he got removable wings and I'm trying to find the time to make his cape, also finish painting my third attempt at his axe.
>>
>>8564533
Good taste, but you can't make En without a lil Kikurage for him to hold!
>>
File: tenor[1].gif (2.26 MB, 640x640)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB GIF
>>8564657
Will definitely make him a little Kikurage. Probably out of sculpey or something but yes I agree, you can't have him without his little buddy.
>>
will fully cured Aves apoxie be able to hold a screw in place when using it to fix a bicep swivel?
>>
>>8544608
Oh, hello Robo. I like your customs!
>>
File: IMG_20201116_125649450.jpg (1.37 MB, 3264x2448)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
I got custom Chao plushies in today. One of them is a gift for my girlfriend, we can play with them together :).

I'm a little worried because they seem to be GLUED together instead of sewn. They don't seem like they're falling apart or anything but glue on cloth doesn't seem that stable especially when the head is bigger than the body. BUT they're cuties so :)
>>
File: 6heads.jpg (2.35 MB, 3508x2480)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
New custom-painted heads on the way for 1:18 scale.
>>
>>8566823
nice shading
>>
File: IMG_20201116_194340219.jpg (364 KB, 440x1024)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
Vegito is starting to come along. The purple paint I bought turned out to be transparent and too dark so ill have to mix it with some white and repaint it. And of course he's going to need some lighter tones on the chest.
>>
>>8564533
Ooo, keep us updated for sure.
>>
>>8567764
Will do, but it'll be slow going.
>>
>>8560786
Sorry friend, I can't offer advice on specific brands since I don't know what you have access to. That said, one way to work out how much you need is to get a container/glass/etc that will be about the same size as your mold, then fill it with water and measure the water.

I find legos too leaky as well, I've taken to using paper cups and plasticine. Never had issues with leaking since switching, and I dont make waste like I used to with tape or hot glue or plastic molds.
Also, I'm not sure if its my specific brand or in general, but mentioning it in case. Check your brands of brush on and pourable are compatible before mixing. Mine arent, so I cant use brush on for the details then fill with pourable. Something to do with the chemical balance. Just to keep note of.
>>
>>8566770
I don't know too much about fabric stuff but I think that fabric glue is supposed to be pretty sturdy as long as it's a good glue and isn't going to be washed or handled often. It shouldn't be falling apart if you leave it on a shelf, hopefully. Also god those are fucking cute, I love those.

>>8561648
I'm not sure what brush on means, but the instructions and the demonstration video on their website says it's meant for pouring on a master to make a mold. Will check out those other ones though once I finish the new one I just bought, haven't had a chance to try making a mold yet with it.

>>8568247
I'll use that water trick, I actually just tried to fill a test mold with resin and I ended up underfilling it, I realized I should have tried measuring how much water would have filled the mold before guessing. Also didn't know about those kind of differences, I'll have to check. Are there any red flags or anything that I should keep note of? Or do I just have to google around whatever chemicals they are made up of?

Side note, does anyone remember a custom posted a few years ago of a tyler the creator inspired doll? It had a green mask with an upside down cross on the fore head, and it looked like a 1/6 scale body and it was on a bicycle.
>>
File: IMG_20201117_163531552.jpg (758 KB, 2048x880)
758 KB
758 KB JPG
>>8567407
Adding some more hair. The chucks of hair that go down his back and shoulders will be articulated, probably with magnets
>>
>>8569141
chunks*
>>
>>8568483
I plan on actually playing with them is the thing. me and her want to go on pretend double dates and stuff. I couldn't be worried if they were just sitting on a shelf. Also yeah they're really cute. They're chao from sonic if you want to look them up.
>>
>>8569400
Working on the girl from Metamorphosis.
This is what i have for the base so far, feel free to give better part suggestions.
>>
File: chrome_ejcY8spACV.png (824 KB, 574x796)
824 KB
824 KB PNG
>>8569443
Forgot pic
>>
>>8566823
Very nice! Tips on how to achieve this?
>>
>>8569443
>This is what i have for the base so far, feel free to give better part suggestions.
did you reply to the wrong post, I was replying to >>8568483 because they replied to my question about fabric glue.
>>
>>8569549
Yes... my bad.
>>
Just finished up this pennywise in the middle. Super simple and easy, quite a shame how little effort it took to get him looking this way. Also had a random arm from some toy and made him an accessory.
>>
>>8570128
>>
>>8570128
>>8570129
10/10 would not sleep in the same room with it, excellent job dude.
>>
>>8544608
that kurt russell gives you away robo
>>
>>8565629
You'll need to use Fixit if you want something that resists being ground away by metal threads. You can also use J&B weld like this too, but it's more liquid while Aves Fixit is the same consistency as apoxie sculpt
>>
File: lucky rabbits foot.jpg (43 KB, 1080x744)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>8568483
Just pulled out my first resin cast. Came out really easy, though I was worried it wasn't curing right but I'm pretty sure it's good. Pretty happy with how it came out, only thing I need to figure out is how make the joint on the top thicker, as its nowhere near tight enough like the original. Also, anyone got any ideas on how to make ball joints? I want to try cutting where the leg meets the foot and giving it a ball joint to have some ankle movement.
>>
>>8570853
damn. All I have is Aves Apoxie. hopefully it holds
>>
>>8569509
Not me, a guy in Sweden did them for me, you can find him on Fiverr called Teonius.
>>
>>8569443
Great start!

Make sure you do the gyaru version after this.
>>
Starting my Zagreus custom.
>>
>>8570222
Thank you so much!
>>
>>8571141
Realistically it’s not the joint being thick enough but just the material; how does your resin stack up between the original, is it kind of rubbery? Realistically your only bad is going to be able to reinforce it with some kind of maybe glue or remold a new one with more rigid stronger resin. For a ball joint personally I would just buy old broken figures, dremel/fit it to the ankles and use their parts as donors. Might as well give them some use
>>
>>8571750
It's pretty firm, almost as firm as the original plastic, but it does have a bit of flex on the thinner parts. I'm adding some glue to try and thicken it, hopefully it will help.

How do you go about buying broken figures? Just search for fodder on ebay or something?
>>
I want to print a nendoroid face I made to stick it on a blanc nendo face, but I don't know the exact size proportions of a nendo face, do you guys have them so I won't fail when I print it?
>>
>>8573420
I assume you need a regular nendoroid and not the petites, right?

If you just need a nendo to reverse engineer simply buy a bootleg off eBay or aliexpress. They’re usually around $20 shipped.
>>
>>8573427
I’m an idiot. I misread >8573420 and thought he was gonna 3D print a face when they meant face decals.

Buying a bootleg is still my suggestion.
>>
Finished up pennywise with a base. Overall happy with how it turned out.

>>8572615
Pretty much. Broken figures, fodder, figure “for parts”, lot sales, etc. You should be able to find em.
>>
>>8573758
Sorry for the shit cropping
>>
>>Come, Nerevar,
>>Collector or scalper, come.
>>Come and look upon the heart of SolidWorks and Shapeways.
>>And bring a better graphics card, I have need of it.
>>
File: IMG_20201121_113929.jpg (1.09 MB, 997x1911)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
Is this shit ok on abs plastic? I need to coat the inside of a belt so it doesn't rub paint.
>>
>>8577397
In general nail polish is a cheap lacquer that's not meant to last, you'd be better off getting a bottle of clear acrylic varnish- it lasts long, won't discolor the plastic and won't have a reaction to the plastic. The nail polish might not react either, it depends on the type of plastic and the quality of the nail polish but most of them do crack over time and fall off no matter how good you take care of it. If it's a cheap figure and you're not too worried about that though it's fine.
>>
File: Zagreus.jpg (271 KB, 1334x818)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>8571478
Slowly coming along. Still figuring out:

- how to do the cerberus skulls around his left shoulder. probably some revoltech joints here and there and some polycaps.

- his claws/fists for the Twin Fists of Malphon.

Hopefully I can get some suggestions.
>>
>>8579550
Did you 3d print the head ?
>>
>>8579976
Nope. Shang Chi's bald head with green stuff.
>>
>>8544605
Nice bibleman
>>
>>8579550
You could make the skills one soft piece that rest on the shoulder, and then peg on holes in the front and back to hinge up and down?

I love the head, I think with some sculpt/paint to change up the eyes it'll look great.
>>
TBLeague question:

I want to darken the skin of my 1:12 TBLeague figure (own the ‘tan’ version) to a darker shade of brown. Has anyone dyed these and if so can you mask off parts to remain untouched by the dye? If possible I’d like to give my figure tan lines of a one piece suit.
>>
File: 20201123_192901.jpg (3.05 MB, 1727x2723)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB JPG
Well I kind of expected I'd never see one of the new Snake Eyes figures in stores ever, but I found gun Batman and I'm already poking around turning him into Snake Eyes.
>>
>>8543743
Whose making that vaporeon figure?
>>
>>8583837
OP here.

Dunno. I just grabbed it off google images.
>>
File: 20201124_180447.jpg (1.12 MB, 3264x1836)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Working on detailing in all the pouches and straps.
>>
File: 20201124_180457.jpg (2.78 MB, 1589x2783)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
>>8586376
Stupid image orientation, more pouches.
>>
File: 20201124_180512.jpg (2.13 MB, 1771x1930)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
>>8586381
Filling in the bat symbol, then gonna sand it over. I think this head will work fine once I sculpt a visor.

The only part I'm iffy on is the arms. I kind of want to swap them, but the articulation is pretty good, especially the wrists. Maybe I'll add an upper arm pouch.
>>
What's the best clear adhesive for repairing small parts?
>>
>>8571141
Try coating an existing ball joint with a brushable hardening resin or UV hardening resin
>>
File: 20201125_185605.jpg (862 KB, 1481x2577)
862 KB
862 KB JPG
STRAPS!
>>
>>8583837

Here its from 2014 and was sold on ebay

https://www.deviantart.com/vonborowsky/art/Vaporeon-Ball-Jointed-Doll-eBay-498115533
>>
>>8582969
I haven't tried, and I'm not sure about hands and feet; but turmeric solution and tape for tanlines sounds doable.
>>
>>8588685
looking good, dude
>>
File: 20201127_113441.jpg (735 KB, 1750x2633)
735 KB
735 KB JPG
>>
File: 20201127_113527.jpg (473 KB, 1806x1905)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>8592145
>>
File: 20201127_113849.jpg (530 KB, 1129x2637)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
>>8592147
>>
File: 20201127_114747.jpg (712 KB, 1633x2745)
712 KB
712 KB JPG
>>8592149
L E T S G E T R E T R O
>>
File: 20201127_115211.jpg (716 KB, 1811x2425)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
>>8592153
>>
File: 20201127_115427.jpg (582 KB, 1709x2481)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>8592156
>>
File: 20201127_114952.jpg (735 KB, 2321x1715)
735 KB
735 KB JPG
>>8592161
Done
>>
>>8592145
DAmn that thing turned out great!!!
>>
File: 20201127_154730.jpg (1.23 MB, 3264x1836)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
Beach Head and Firefly are most likely to get made next, but I have some stuff on the way for Duke.
>>
I done caught the Genshin Impact autism so I've shat out three figure sculpts so far this week.
>>
>>8593489
>>
>>8593493
>>
>>8593498
I'm having issues with her dress. Otherwise I'm starting Xiangling tonight.
>>
>>8592163
How’s Grim Knight’s range of motion? I’m considering using one as a base for a Naked Snake figure.
>>
>>8593498
AOE Pyro Damage
>>
File: IMG_.jpg (129 KB, 912x666)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Mazoku Yusuke.....I made him before that kind of sucked. So I am making him again with a better plan

>>8567407
Yo is that a screw on the left delt because you broke the peg? Nice save
>>
>>8594057
from last year? that custom was amazing, did you get rid of it or something?
>>
>>8594065
Yeah, I will be using some parts from that one. There were a few things wrong with it so I think this one will be an improvement
>>
>>8593601
Hips don't have the best range, everything else is pretty fantastic. The wrist joints especially won me over since they allow him to actually shoulder a rifle or hold the mp5k with two hands properly.
>>
I don’t know where to post this but I figure this is an appropriate place. I’m looking to make some thwip hands for my new Marvel Legends Kaine Scarlet Spider figure. I don’t have resin at my disposal currently and even if I did I’m terrified of ruining my Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider’s thwip hands by making molds from them. Anyone know where I might find a .stl file for these hands, or is resin casting them like a normal person pretty much my only option?
>>
So like, I plan on making a custom clasic doctor strange figure off of the one from the dormammu wave, how hard would it be to paint his symbol? Also any prepping id need to do before I paint said figure?
>>
>>8594812
Show me the pegs of kane's hands so I know which version they are, I probably have the thwipp hands you need.
>>
>>8595270
It’s the good one, the SP//DR wave one. Pic related is likely to be sideways because I’m phoneposting but it is what it is.
>>
>>8594057
>>8594065
I agree with this anon, I felt like you did a great job before. But this looks good too!
>>
File: Customs.jpg (809 KB, 3008x2373)
809 KB
809 KB JPG
>>8543743
Man, these past few months have been crazy. I started actually customizing not too long ago and these are the guys I've made. They're not too good, and I've still got a lot to learn, but they've been so much fun to make. Here's to future projects!
>>
>>8596410
Is that an uzay blue stars figure?
Also what's the story on the space marine?
>>
>>8596436
Yeah, that’s a Blue Stars. I love myself some bootlegs and thought it’d be fun to make a small army of them (eventually). The space marine’s just an OC. That didn’t exactly turn out the way I intended.
>>
>>8596410
paints thicker than my jizz
>>
>>8596410
>>8596463
I agree with this anon that the paint is very thick but if you use stuff like folkart, it's going to be thick even with water.
Good acrylics are also expensive these days but worth it for the effort put in a custom
>>
>>8596463
>>8596526
Believe it or not, I actually did make sure to thin my paints before I used them everytime. As far as I’m aware, water should do fine with Citadel paints right? I think it just came down to me just not being good at painting.
>>
>>8596538
Any semi gloss acrylics like Testors should give you a smooth glossy finish even after like 4 layers. After that if you want, spray matte finish and it will look very neat. Nice sculpt on that Jaco btw.
>>
>>8596538
It honestly looks more like you didn't sand the models before painting more than thick paint. The gloss is showing pits and surface texture more than globs or runs.
>>
>>8596410
I like the dinosaur a lot, anon.
>>8595268
Painting the symbol isn’t gonna be too difficult. Since it’s on a fairly loose fabric surface you don’t have to be totally perfect. Are you planning on using the movie doc or defenders costume for a base?
>>
Progress on AOE PYRO DAMAGE
>>
>>8596410
Who is the dinosaur? Looks oddly familiar
>>
>>8596410
my only issues with this are Uubs chest and the amount of black wash on Goku
>>
>>8598260
Really that's all?
>>
>>8596871
I planned on doing a symbol similar to this one guy’s custom, should I boil the figure and get the arms and legs off to make painting it easier?
>>
I just bought some 1988 TMNT figures with chipping paint and wanted to give them an updated paint job.

I know certain paints can eat through the plastic and some paints don't dry correctly leaving the figure sticky so I was hoping someone could tell me what type of paints to use for these figures.

I also waned to know what paints would work with CosClay Doll Faerie Lite clay after baking. I need to make weapons for the figures and will be using CosClay Doll Faerie Lite clay.

Thank you in advance.
>>
>>8543743
I'm going to get the MOTU Origins Battle Cat and repaint it; how do I go about doing that?

I'm not sure how the joints work but from how it looks I'm not sure disassembling is an option.
>>
>>8599339
you'll need to cut or dremmel any areas where the joints rub together. then just prime and paint
>>
>>8596664
Thanks anon for the tips. I’ll keep them in mind going forward.
>>8596815
Yeah, I really could’ve done better in smoothing them out.
>>8597594
Diego Brando from JoJo.
>>8598260
>>8598294
Really? Only that? Huh. Admittedly, Uub’s chest does suck, but that’s cause I can’t sculpt to save my life. And the shading on Goku I went full ham on. I wanted to put a ton of it on there, just to have as much contrast between him and the other really clean ones.
>>
File: IMG_20201201_172214391~2.jpg (468 KB, 2128x1520)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
>>8595354
These work? Just gotta paint the fingers. Drop me an email located at the bottom of my site on any of the pages.
>>
>>8544034
If he will be articulated I will gladly pay for the print or files
>>
>>8598797
bumping for you again bro
>>
>>8601906
Kek ty
>>
>>8561902
No doubt m8. Looks miles better.

What figure is this anyway?
>>
>>8598797
>>8602360
It's painting guide time!
http://jinsaotomesdangeroustoys.com/guides.html
>>
>>8601033
Possibly, but I’m not entirely sure. Sorry for the late response. I’ll get back to you if I’m able to determine whether or not they’ll work.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.