[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vmg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 20200802_002632.jpg (116 KB, 507x797)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Why the fuck did Lego stop making Technic figs? This whole time we had fully poseable, ball-jointed action figures but we ended up with the shitty 5poa figs they've been recoloring for years. Why, goddammit?
>>
I think they rebranded Technic as collectors items to put in a display case instead of something you could play with.
>>
>>8331620
That's lame and gay

the Technic figures were the shit
>>
I guess due to being pre-assembled and having overly specific pieces they were too expensive to produce so they dropped them.
>>
>>8331612
Just buy Megaconstrux, they are better than Lego anyway
>>
>>8331739
I mean look at this faggotry here:

>use Top Gear license
>feature The Stig prominently on the box
>no Stig technic figure included in the set

blunder of the century
>>
>>8331839
Man I even got a bit excited there would be when I saw the box.
>>
>>8331612
I miss those guys. Growing up, I had one from a skiing set that was easily my favorite action figure, even when I had Centurions, TMNT, Transformers, and GI Joes.
>>
>>8331825
Literally impossible to get in europe
>>
File: topgear_24hr.jpg (58 KB, 800x500)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>8331839
No snappy sponsors like Larsen's Biscuits, Penistone Oils, or team racing stickers. SAD.
>>
>>8331612
They tried, mate. They tried really hard to get kids/teens to love those guys. The last line to use them was going full tilt into using them as a main feature and they still didn’t sell.
>>
>>8331982
I have to admit that when I was a kid I didn't like the look. They didn't have a very appealing look to them, and I guess others thought likewise, people voted with their dollar and they sadly went away.
>>
>>8331958
>can't get megabloks in yoorup

I'm British and my brother had like 90% of the old Halo shit lmao, unless something changed then there should still be megablox/constructs in Europe. Maybe it's a continental thing.
>>
>>8331982
I would do anything to have Lego go in this direction for Technic again. Inventive, fun designs and features are the heart of that system. No reason we can't have that AND the models that people also enjoy.
>>
>>8331958
german amazon has plenty of that
>>
File: 15141398194660.jpg (537 KB, 1598x953)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
>>8331612
back then technic was meant to be for kids that challenges their building skills.

Now technic is an ultimate "NORMIE ADULT" klocki. So the abcense of figures is obvious - they would make sets look like childs toys - not collector's items.

Tehcnic is an ultimate pleb tier thing because it's basically what rich office workers would buy, build 1 time and put on a shelf to rot.
>>
Just build gundam

Lego is for small children. Its time to move on anon
>>
>>8332078
why
>>
>>8331612
Fun fact these guys heads can swap with fabuland figures
>>
Are these guys expensive on bricklink? I want to check but I dont want to feel disappointment directly.
>>
File: honk.jpg (53 KB, 500x365)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>8331825
>buy the teeny tiny figs that work totally with 1/12
>>8332078
>buy a completely different product that isnt lego related nor uses lego products
step on bricks
>>
>>8332122
The point is to not buy lego because in 1960 it was a toy for kids. Kids as in 8 year olds. It was never imagined that adults would play with them. Further, the creators never wanted the complete commercialization of the brand, nor to gain a collectible aspect (minifigures) which completely tarnishes the toys value. Its really time to move on.

Lego minifigures are the exact same thing as pops. Both lack soul, cost a dollar to produce and aren't special or unique.
>>
>>8332122
Work with 1/12? What does that mean.

Also don't punch Audino.
>>
>1/12
>>
>>8332122
>work with 1/12
Since when are Technic sets true 1/12?
>>
>>8332248
Since 1/12 has always been the premium collector's scale recognised by everyone.
>>
>>8332248
ok ok 1/18 then
>>
>>8332250
That doesn't mean Technic sets are built to 1/12, retard
>>
Minifigures have soul, technic figures don't.
>>
>>8331982
I only had two guys from a pack that my father bought me. I absolutely loved them and while i didn't have many parts I did end up making them a car.
Lego succeeded in making me love them at least.
>>
I recently got a ton of lego competition sets (sealed!) For my birthday and I fucking love these dudes and how well articulated they are. Took a bunch of pics with them. The absolutely crazy action features in the theme were loads of fun to mess with too. I wish there were other fun sci fi technic themes.
>>
>>8333188
I don't think I remember that middle one at all
>>
>>8333658
He's insanely rare. Came in one single Europe exclusive set called "duel bikes". I had to get him and his armor shipped overseas from two seperate countries for a total of about $25. I love his design though so it was worth it. I even drew some fanart of him.
>>
>>8334569
Pretty good.
>>
>>8333188
>>8334569
This guy always reminded e of a cyborg Roger Klotz
>>
>>8334569
Best thing about your fan art is that it can practically do the pose you drew. pretty much why i hate minifigs presented in cartoons or promo material. except for the upcoming monkey kid, because it's 2d
>>8335242
beat me to it
>>
I absolutely loved these figures back when they were available and had several. The articulation and being able to mix with Lego naturally made building vehicles for them fun. Built a few crude exo suits for them and fuck Lego Corp for discontinuing the line. They were kino, but, the shoulders, if they didn't have those shoulder wings on the body, the articulation would be excellent.
>>
>>8331999
>I'm British and-
Opinion disregarded, enjoy your Brexit.
>>
>>8331982
I had this set, it was fucking great.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.