[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

File: maxresdefault.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
So lately I've been feeling like slumming a bit and buying some KOs of higher end figures-Figmas, Figuarts, Mezco, and even Hot toys to name a few. Maybe it sounds like addict behavior, but these days I'm more thrilled by a decent value than an actually great piece, I'm less impressed with dumping $200+ on figures these days and "realistic" accuracy has never been a concern to me. Plus I want to gift some casual collector friends some neat figures and they aren't that attentive to figure quality and just want something nicer than retail; and I figure even KOs of higher quality figures are nicer than some of the retail stuff these days.

Thinking of buying up some Mezco KOs for me and an older friend who grew up with Mego figures. Anyone have any experience with these? Also looking into KO 1/6 figures. Basically, looking to spend under $60 for any individual purchase.
>>
>>8331094
I have the KO mezco Joker and KO 1000toys Hellboy and they're both great. Especially for the fact your paying a fraction of what you'd pay for the original.

But from what I've seen I'd say the majority of KO's aren't worth it. Especially a lot of the older mezco KO's look like shit and I wouldn't touch the revoltech KO's with a 10 feet pole.
>>
I ordered a bootleg set of Neca Mirage Ninja Turtles since I didn’t want to open my set. The seller never came through so I learned my lesson.
>>
File: 1596210653304.jpg (121 KB, 1536x2048)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>8331094
The KO John Wick came out a little early
>>
>>8331538
MINI HOT TOYS!
>>
>>8331308
Someone post the KO Mezco Spider-man
>>
>>8331538
Dat 5head
>>
>>8331308
My KO Hellboy was falling apart before I took it out of the package. Hot garbage. I returned it.
>>
>>8331094
The KO Punisher was pretty decent from what I can recall.
>>
>>8331841
I mean sounds like bad luck. From what I've seen most people are really happy with their KO hellboy's.
>>
>>8331660
Even the promo pics of the KO look like shit.
>>
>>8331538
Nice Peter Stormare figure.
>>
Hows the Mezco Bootleg BvS Batman? I kinda want it to give it a comic Batman head; I prefer the costume over Mezco's actual comic Batman.
>>
File: 1596003700320.jpg (1.36 MB, 2843x3384)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
I posted this a little while ago. I'm using the Legend Creation Broly with the real head (to make his proportions better) to be my permanent Base Broly. I just need to shave off his bicep limiters and he seems fine.
>>
File: 1596003579711.jpg (1.33 MB, 2870x3290)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>8333026
With bootleg Wrath head to show how much smaller he is. The real base head is a bit bigger but it looks better than a pinhead.
>>
File: 20200226_202556.jpg (2.23 MB, 4032x1860)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
would you fuck me?
>>
>>8331094
Neca 1/4 deadpool turned to 1/10
>>
>>8333011
I heard it's pretty solid, wherein even its outfit feels more durable than the original. The only shitty part is the head sculpt where the cowl is warped but since you're thinking of replacing it then I don't think it should be a problem.
>>
>>8333879
i do have the mafex spiderbootleg

besides that god awful parker head, the whole figure is decent and poses a lot better than expected! even has the magnetic hands and feet
>>
>>8332683
mine is fine, but the inner tube (the actual arm piece that is hidded with the rubber arm) broke in pieces so i ended up making a new one and adapting it to the arm socket.

still a great figure...i guess it's good to be into customing so i can "fix" my bootleg stuff
>>
>>8331094
I have the regular punisher (it's great) and the spec ops (the figure is good but had a problem with the shoulder, has tons of accesories tough so it's a cheap option to get them if you have the regular one) also have the regular deadpool, i think this one it's the best.

They're overal pretty good KO's but you have to do some work on the hands and the extra heads so you can change them, otherwise it's a pain in the ass.

I also have the figma alien and jeanne d'arc, mafex venom and revoltech carnage. Those three are pretty solid and great figure without having to do any modification to them.
>>
>>8331538
OH NONONO
LOOK AT THIS DOOD
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAAAAAAAAAD
>>
File: kamen-no-maid-guy.jpg (67 KB, 960x400)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Are there any KOs of the Storm Collectibles Guile?
I want a base for this guy.
>>
>>8331308
Just picked up the KO Hellboy, his only problems were slightly loose arm joints, which were easily remedied. Not a fan of the soft body for him, though that’s hardly the fault of the bootleggers, I guess.
Mezco bootlegs are generally pretty good, and I think most of them are probably factory seconds. except for Buff Spidey, who is maybe Frankensteined from factory second Cap bodies and unused Spidey suits.
>>
File: 20200521_194137.jpg (1.63 MB, 3264x2448)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
A favorite in /ctg/ is the Shizue Minase bootleg
>>
>>8332685
Damn, Spider-Man been taking them Rocky Balboa roids!!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8JLu_0wDU
bootleg of this where
>>
>>8333879
There must have been multiple runs of bootleg Mafex Spideys because the bootleg Parker head I have doesn't look half as bad
>>
Bought this guy off aliexpress, figured I can paint him up if he looks too shitty. How much work am I in for? Anybody own this?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.