[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: COBRA!.jpg (164 KB, 1080x858)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>Previous Thread:
>>8323862

>Archived Threads:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/G.%20I.%20Joe%20General%20/

Thread Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47BjzqA9SUo

>Free Episodes of Joe:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNXV9Mb7egjH0ccOkdYG-SWdLNFuYpBmF

>Target Exclusive Cobra Island figures are out-- Target says they were released in stores on 7/26 and meant to be online on 8/14, but due to an error are showing up as 8/14 for in store as well. Hasbro has also said 8/1 for the release date after moving them up from 8/14 in the first place.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (177 KB, 900x1600)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Rare variant found
>>
>>8330494
Cobra Trooper blue himself
>>
>>8330494
Kinda neat. Someone might pay extra for that one.
>>
>>8330486
>>
>>8330494
Legit looks cool. Will work better with the goggles than the normal one..
>>
>>8330506
Maybe
>>
Anyone fix Snake Eyes’ knife holster issue from the general release?
>>
File: 5542161.jpg (390 KB, 1322x688)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>8330538
>>
>>8330538
>be horny milf
>daughters friend has a brother
>he looks like a retard but you’re desperate for some young tard action
>wait for a good opportunity
>daughter and her friends go someplace, you know tard boy is home alone
>time to go get a clumsy retard pounding
>go there
>he’s unresponsive, wtf
>start fake sobbing to get him to console you
>he stammers something about GI Joe
>aren’t those toys for little children
>he drives off, somehow oblivious to your obvious signals
>another night alone with a bottle of wine and Mr. D-Cell
>it’s okay, you tell yourself
>that clueless virgin retard didn’t get the Cobra Trooper anyway
>>
I’m mad I only grabbed 3 troopers. I want at least one more
>>
There's also blue-eyed and brown-eyed Beach Heads
>>
File: 20200801_185642.jpg (2.62 MB, 4032x2268)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB JPG
>>8330577
Neat.
I got blue
>>
>>8330482
Seeing all you 6 inchers seethe about classified warms my heart, this is what you get for overtaking gi joe
>>
>>8330585
Fuck off grandpa
>>
>>8330524
I figured it was just my Snakeeyes with the messed up knife holster
>>
Rumor has it that Target's getting their next shipment so they can stock for 8/14. Supposedly this is when Baroness is due, and it's supposed to be why many stores don't have just one but two shelf spaces for the Trooper. Hopefully that's legit.

There's one last target I haven't checked that supposedly has Beachhead and the trooper, but I'm so sick of artistically trying to explain myself is it even worth going to? Maybe I should try this "patience" bullshit.
>>
I'm glad the report feature has an option for 'very low quality' posting. Makes me feel good every time I report the scalefag.
>>
>>8330637
I really don't think there's a "next shipment"? I'm sure that's why Target had the 14th street date, so they could put everything out at once. Baroness will make her way onto shelves randomly within the next couple weeks and get gobbled up immediately, surging in price cause she's an even more prominent character packed in with a stupid accessory.
>>
>>8330494
Is his face all blue?
>>
>>8330697
Yeah it's the autoerotic asphyxiation version
>>
>>8330708
Kinky
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (8 KB, 261x193)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>8330637
>me when I see the Target Truck filled with Joes
>>
File: never ever be found.jpg (1.11 MB, 2765x2074)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
Some dude on Hisstank bought out multiple stores, after demanding to speak to a manager and showing them what it said online.
>>
>>8330840
Dude can gargle a handful of rusty nails. Anyone displaying more than three are scum to my eyes.
>>
>>8330840
I don’t have it in me to make a scene or “demand” anything when it comes to toys. Done playing this game, if they’re available online the 14th, great. But chasing them and checking popfinder has been nothing but frustration and annoyance.
Anyone paying scalper rate for these should be shot
>>
>>8330670
Do you really think it's one and done? That Target will sell out all stock in less than a day, and instead of ordering more just say "That was fun, never ever selling those again."

That seems pretty fucking stupid. The only reality in which I'd believe that, is if those bots were Hasbro themselves, and they're gimping themselves on purpose. Which is retarded tin-foil hat tier conspiracy.
>>
>>8330880
>That seems pretty fucking stupid.
Walmart and Target do that all the time, figuring they bought enough of something once and they'll just keep putting out cases of it from the back as they sell out. Target and Walmart kept putting out the same case of Star Wars TVC over and over and over again. Wave 1 basically killed the line because of it.

I'm not saying there wont be more, but I'm also saying that they do it all the time.
>>
>>8330886
I'll also add, how often do you walk into Walmart or Target and just see tons of empty pegs? They don't keep up with their toy aisles and don't often restock once the pegs are empty, because generally the employees don't care.
>>
I wonder if we could inadvertently kill the line by buying up all the figures before children get a chance to get hooked. Maybe our man child dollars are enough to sustain the line.
>>
>"If you were unable to infiltrate Cobra Island, don't worry, GI Joe has your back! Wave 3 of the standard assortment will include new deco variants of Beach Head, Baroness, and the Cobra Trooper!"
>>
>>8330851
Relax, it's not like these are one shipment and done deal. This Hasbro, they're gonna start pumping these out seeing that they actually sell. And it's not like they mad the mold specifically for Target. They're bound to re-release them in wide retail. Target was just for testing the water. Besides, the figures are shipped seperate, so pegs won't clogged up with unwanted figure. If one runs out, Target computers sees that it's out. Unlike Marvel legends where one characters runs out but there are 10 wasps on pegs, the computers still sees a full peg of figures of that wave so they don't order new ones.
>>
>>8330886
>Walmart and Target do that all the time
Can you give me some examples? The Star Wars figs you mentioned, are you implying that Target would just continuously order the basic wave for Classifed, or what? Because in this scenario, there's not exactly a 'wave 1'.
>>
>>8330913
That'd help
>>
>>8330921
>Target would just continuously order the basic wave
No, they order a bunch of one wave so they don't have to re-order and then never re-order, then every time they sell out they can just go in back and put more stock out until whatever they have in the back is gone, and then they never just re-order again until another reset, or it's Christmas or some other reason, etc. So you often will either see the same shit over and over again, or... see empty pegs for months. The stores will even sometimes skip waves at retail, that seem to never show up.
>>
>>8330917
>They'll pump out enough that they'll be everywhere!

Meanwhile, there's shitloads of star wars and marvel legends exclusives that sold well that this never happened for.
>>
File: walmart.png (199 KB, 586x471)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>8330931
Hasbro bitched a bunch in regards to TVC, saying that major retailers, specifically Walmart, would buy up a shit ton of a single wave and then never re-order until a rest would happen, and that that was why waves would often never show up. The website Jeditemplearchives has from time to time insisted that Hasbro now tries to limit how much a retailer can order at a time, suggesting that this is why stores seem to get only a case or 2 now of TVC figures and then seem to never get any more of the current wave...
>>
File: 81V9Ylh8heL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (218 KB, 1238x1500)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>8330932
Yeah people keep forgetting this
>>
>>8330917
What scares me is constantly thinking of the carbonized Mandalorian. That was such an in demand figure for the hottest TV show in the world during November, and Target never gave a fat shit.

If thats how they treated a redeco of the most popular retail action figure 9f last year why would this be different?
>>
>>8330972
Keep this in mind; Star Wars is likely considered much more of a bigger deal to Target than G.I. Joe is at the moment.
>>
>>8330980
How is disney wars considered anything after it killed toys r us?
>>
>>8330984
Let's keep Disney politics out and be honest. Come on, Star Wars is and always will be bigger than Joe, and they treat that like garbage
>>
>>8330984
It's still a viable IP despite that they made terrible movies in the past few years. The Mandalorian is also very hot right now. G.I. Joe doesn't even have a movie until next summer and no TV show or anything.
>>
File: rG2JTEC_d.png (25 KB, 145x145)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
I kinda wouldn't mind if the line died after this. The fact that I'm buying GI Joes again, just bigger and betterer, when I have a couple tubs full of them in my closet, gives me a weirdly sad feeling. But this is honestly all I have right now
>>
>>8330577
>>8330578
Huh, never noticed that. The one I found has brown eyes.
>>
>>8330993
>bigger and bettere
>>
>>8330993
It can't die until we got all the major core Cobra and Joes. We haven't even seen Major Bludd or Zartan yet, and they're supposed to be in one of the next waves.
>>
The more is said, the less concerned I become. There is zero reason Hasbro or Target would let a product of theirs sit on the aftermarket for triple the cost, when they literally just made it, and have all the resources to make more.

I don't know what you guys are expecting here, if there aren't way more figures within the month, then it's literally conspiracy at that point. No other reason why they wouldn't want to profit. These companies aren't that stupid.
>>
>>8331025
>These companies aren't that stupid.
Target certainly is, because they don't care and toy companies have to cater to them. Just look at the fiasco with online sales.
>>
>>8331025
It's not Hasbro I'm worried about, it's Target. Hasbro ultimately would be happy to sell as many as they possibly can, but this all hinges on Target ordering more figures. Which they prove a lot that they simply won't. I'm not trying to be overly pessimistic but like, this is a shitshow and I wish someone up there sees the fuckinh problem
>>
>>8331027
Even if Target is that stupid, Hasbro can sell whatever they want. Why wouldn't they? Unless you believe Hasbro themselves are the scalpers, there's no reason why the figures won't be more available as time goes on.
>>
>>8331027
As has been said countless times, retailers don’t give a shit as long as they get their money. The responsibility of getting product to people instead of scalpers and bots is falling onto manufacturers (see: NECA and their TMNT lines).
>>
I don't think anyone's wrong for preparing for the worst. I just think you're wrong for expecting the worst.
>>
>>8331043
>Hasbro can sell whatever they want.
Not necessarily, they have agreements with Target, potentially exclusivity deals too. I mean is Hasbro selling those Transformers Seeker two-packs anywhere else? Even though they're in high demand and impossible to find? You'll see other Seekers, such as Starscream, but those two from that mold.
>>
>>8330972
Welp, Disney has no say in GI Joe so that's good. Fuck Disney trying to push the Ep9 movie shit that's all on clearance aisles now. All the stack of Rey and Jannah that came out out in the same wave with Mando are now fianlly getting cleared to make room for S7 clone war figures.
>>
>>8330932
Marvel, Star Wars merchandise are controled by Disney. GI Joe IP is directly controlled by Hasbro. They're not being forced to push out new Disney products like the Black Widow Exclusives to replace the other exclusives.
>>
>>8330972
What did they do? They put them out on Force Friday, like they were supposed to. Those carbonized figures were supposed to be just for that, right?
>>
File: unnamed.png (193 KB, 512x348)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
If I may interject, I feel as though there is an outlier variable that is not being considered. These aren't just Target exclusive figures, this is a Target exclusive line, these Cobra Island sets. Multiple stores are even setting up not one but two sets of tags for it. When has this happened before? As far as I recall, and please correct me if I'm wrong, most other exclusives only have the one tag. They may be anticipating demand, but weren't anticipating this early buzz and fuss.

These also most likely were intended for a Snake Eyes movie, to have endcaps full of new stuff to promote the film and brand. While Snake Eyes is now delayed to 2021, I'm sure not everything could get delayed. But if these were meant to align with a movie release, thats also the sign of a fuckton of them on the way.

A similar thing happened at Walmart. The Netflix Transformers line, only available there, trickled out, some retailers listed figures for over double cost, before having a big boon and now thet're pretty available. What if thats going to be the case here?
>>
>>8331100
>These also most likely were intended for a Snake Eyes movie, to have endcaps full of new stuff to promote the film and brand.

Has there even been any word of Snake Eyes movie toys to tie in? I haven't heard anything. Plus, the movie was scheduled originally for October, so Cobra Island is at least 2 months early for an end cap, I think.

Otherwise, yeah, I hope it's just early rush to get something, anything.
>>
Why’d the target near me have to be one of those “who cares” ones. Not even a display for the regular figures or any indication that Joes exist.
>>
>>8331080
I guarantee you that disney isn't telling hasbro not to make and sell more toys of their IP. They are spaced out more than you act like they are, too.
>>
>>8331151
>Plus, the movie was scheduled originally for October, so Cobra Island is at least 2 months early for an end cap,
Isn't two months early the norm for movie stuff? That's why I believe this was meant for a movie push.

>Has there even been any word of Snake Eyes movie toys to tie in
There were some classified leaks, just movie names (like MV Scorpion, aka Movie Storm Shadow) and some other stuff. Considering where we are, these were most likely delayed to next year, but I'd wager stuff like Cobra Island made it through for not being tied to the movie
>>
>>8331191
Weren't "movie Beach Head" and "movie Roadblock" some leaks, too? Definitely seems some translations got crossed and these are kind of a stop gap.
>>
>>8330993
how would this kill the line?. hasbro and their partner, in this case target, sold out of preorders in seconds, weather they went to scalpers or not, they made money. thats what matters to them. they will continue to release waves and some rereleases until the scalpers stop auto buying, and then you can have your toys at the normal "late to the party" price tag or get lucky off the shelf.

targets almost out of stock, at least on their first shipments. even if they asked for more, it takes time to make and ship shit, so they either already had a shit ton stored away, or these are going to be reordered, but at the least more exclusives will be requested by target. oh, and you better believe other retailers noticed this too and want in.
>>
>>8331200
I think this is what you were talking about yeah. This might further prove that point, which hopefully is good news.
>>
I hope we aren't coming off as autistic as I think we are.
>>
>>8331213
That's the one!
On the topic of the movie, I bet like with MCU figures, we'll get real guns with them because that'll be easier to do for movie props.
>>
File: mr freeze kenner.jpg (49 KB, 322x420)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>8331203
just a reminder, since they already sold out of their stock, they're going to have 3204982340982340984 figures from the first wave again, because supply outstrips demand almost always for shit like this.

Even movies can sometimes have an oversupply with the restocking.

This is part of why i don't even care that everything is selling out right now.

Without a doubt, the Classified line and Cobra Island subset will be shelfwarming hard
Three months from now you guys will be bitching about how you can't find the second wave due to the high amount of pegwarmers like Winter Destro did for PoC.
>>
>>8331215
we are
>>
Big ships turn slow, but I hope that they get some good fucking data from this shitshow so this doesn't happen again. I'm not truly going to be mad until the 14th, but I'm honestly not holding my breath at this point. Never even got the first wave in my area
>>
>>8331219
look man, all i am saying that after this they are going to obviously do 4-5 waves of this shit before a cool down, and every retailer is going to want an exclusive piece of the pie.
>>
>>8331233
dude, unless this was planned and they already had tons more inventory (it wasn't), then on the 14'th you're going to be competing with some very determined autismos over the one thing they most likely get enjoyment from in life. if you are not there before the store opens already forming a line, and this is if the inventory wasn't already pieced out or scalped by thomas in the back, then you're not getting anything on the 14'th unless you live in the middle of 'what the fuck is gi joe' county.
>>
>>8331233
I've already just accepted that for me, the 14th doesn't mean of August, but more like November.
>>
>>8330967
I was just thinking about this guy the other day. Is it probably time to just bite the bullet and Ebay him?
>>
>>8331234
>every retailer is going to want an exclusive piece of the pie.
Practically every exclusive is done in order to get stores to order more of their products.
USually the exclusives are figures that were being planned out but were canceled because stores didn't order enough to substain a new wave
So if every retailer wants the product, everything will be released like normal. No reason for Hasbro to create incentives.

Also, i seem to remember that the first few 25th sets were unofficially Target exclusives, since stores like Walmart were late in carrying the line. I don't remember TRU carrying anything until the single packs either.

Also, are you confusing waves with restocks? Because it won't take 2-5 waves. Cool down will happen in Christmas when overstock is shoved down everyone's throats. Revision cases will be made that can contain wave 1 figures and even Cobra Island figures with wave 2.

>>8331239
I hate people who lived in cities that got the PoC Alley Vipers like they were fucking bumblebees. Common as fuck in nowheresville.
>>
>>8331250
Ebay prices for him dont seem that bad, if I'm honest.
>>
>>8331213
>Order cut once quota full
Does this alarming sentence mean anything that should worry anyone? Or is it standard speak for things like this?
>>
My target had this peg up today
>>
>>8331272
I mean, they did a dollar general exclusive, so...
>>
>>8331272
Nah, read it again. The line is here to stay for at least 4 to 5 waves of new figures each before any sort of long term cool down period. Maybe a break of a few months here and there, but you better get your wallet ready.
>>
Got Beach Head tonight. Did what this furfag suggested:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SomeKindOfFox/status/1289582017882001410
And a girl walked with me to the toy aisle and started scanning pegs. She was muttering “it says I have them” even though none of the pegs she was scanning said GI Joe. So then she went in the back and eventually came back with a single Beach Head. I’ll take what I can get.
>>
>>8330851
I kinda want four
>>
>>8331409
The guy just wants the line to die.

Either way, you're not going to see exclusives if stores want more GI Joes, because like i said, exclusives is to make stores order more of the product to make it worth their while.
They have literally tons stock in some distributor's warehouse ready to be shipped to any Target or Walmart distribution center, which they will over order now thanks to pent up demand making people freak out by preordering everything and standing in lines for products.

I still stand by my statement that the cool down will happen once everyone is sick of the pegwarming during the holiday Not sure what the game's release will do to its popularity or it could make people dislike the Classified designs.
Also, remember that there's the after-Christmas glut, so you'll have a month or three of nothing but whatever is left over after Christmas.
Hasbro better hope that Toy Fair isn't canceled thanks to COVID sticking around if they want to keep people excited for new products.
>>
Post your funny GI JOE related stories, here is mine(please don't be a asshole, it's a funny story to make you laugh that just happened to me):
>younger sisters friend is over our house
>they're all 18-19 years old
>they leave
>one of the girls moms knocks on my door a few minutes later
>shes freaking out because her daughter won't answer her calls
>ask her what the problem is
>"I CAN'T FIND MY DAUGHTER"
>"well shes hanging out with my sister, so shes fine"
>"BUT WHY WON'T SHE RESPOND"
>"I don't know, but they're safe soooo"
>"LET ME COME INSIDE YOUR HOUSE TO SEE IF SHE'S INSIDE"
>"Is everything okay, what's the big deal?"
>"PLEASE JUST HELP ME"
>"She's your daughter not mine, leave me alone"
>shut the door on her while she's still crying
>10 mins later I'm walking out to my car and I notice she's crying on my front porch
>get in my car, lower my window, begin to drive past her
>she's crying into her hands
>shout at her
>"listen you can stay on the porch as long as you want but I'm getting the entire G.I.Joe Classified wave 1 and 2 delivered in an hour so if it arrives and I'm not home can you sign for it?"
>she stops crying and yells at me "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"
>and im like
>"what's wrong with me, what's wrong with you?! you're crying on a strangers porch for no reason"
>she yells at me to get fucked
>come back 20 minutes later
>she's on my porch pacing back and forth on her phone
>delivery guy shows up
>he has to go around her, i tell him just to ignore her
>he doesn't know what to make of it
>she still won't leave my porch an hour later
>open my door and try to shoo her away
>"You're shooing me away! my daughter is missing!"
>keeping shooing her to her car
>she calls me a manchild gaymer
>tell her that's why i bought the entire G.I.Joe Classified waves 1 and 2
>she peels off, sister comes home with her friend 5 minutes later
>don't tell them a thing
>>
File: 20200731_100900.jpg (633 KB, 1771x1971)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
>>8331407
Those Dollar General figures were awesome. Hasbro tells the GI Joe team to make some cheap wave for DG, so the team takes some of the best molds they had at the time, recolor them into deep cuts of toy lore that were cool and appealing to collectors. Hasbro was actually kind of pissed at the team about it
>>
>>8331449
Two to four I think is an acceptable number. Six to twelve is being an asshole.
>>
>>8331531
I think five is acceptable if it's not an exclusive and it's being clearanced, but I guess at that point you can get as many as you want

Like when those Power Rangers army builders were three bucks on Amazon
>>
>>8331533
Sure, at that point it doesn't matter. But >>8330840 this is what I meant by being an asshole.
>>
>>8330840
legit and proper cunt of a person.
>>
Just was charged today for the Snake Eyes Deluxe from Hasbro Pulse. Can't wait to finally get this guy. I made the order fucking February 21st.
>>
>>8330851
>>8330852
>>8331540
>>8331583
Well, it IS someone from Hisstank. Some of the most autistic manbabies this side of the Transformers fandom reside there.
>>
>>8331607
I was also just charged for him too. And I managed to find Beach Head. After kind of a hassle involving a friend of mine talking with his friend who is an overnight stocker at the only Target in my area that had anything, all of which was Beach Head. But I got my boy so it was worth it.

Now to hopefully get Baroness and a couple Troopers in the next week or so.
>>
>>8331528
Why would Hasbro be pissed if the team did what they wanted?

Or are you talking about collectors are pissed because they put wanted redecos in very regional stores?
>>
>>8331665
No, Hasbro wanted crappy cheap figures, like the o-ring Valor vs Venom repaints that were in DGs around 2008. The team decided to use the modern toolings to make good figures.
>>
>>8331540
Why is he Army building Roadblocks anyway
>>
>>8331673
yeah, but don't they give them a budget? Shit should be normal for a toy company to actually lay that out.
Seems like its the first thing they do, since a lot of waves in themselves are constructed on budgets too.

Plus, isn't it more expensive to actually start production on entirely differently engineered figures? I know that Hasbro has different factories, hence the engineering being different between the different lines and the fact that using different materials/machinery would cost more if they no longer had them around at their factory.
Were they even still producing O-ring figures at that point?

I don't find your story believable, especially since they'd have to get approvals from various bosses through the various stages of production/planning/designing.
>>
>>8331687
I don't remember the exact details. I meant Hasbro wanted a cheap and easy line, like the VvV releases in 08, not that the 2012 DG line was going to be o-rings. The team did work within the budget to do the figures, but I think since they were fresh Frankenstein of parts and decos, they were still more than what Hasbro intended for a throwaway DG line.

Again, this was eight years ago. The info might have came from Gary Goggleshead, aka Gyre-Viper, who passed away in 2015. I don't remember that precisely, though.
>>
>>8330840
Okay so I understand why he has so many troopers.
And he has one Beachhead.
But why the fuck does he need 4 Roadblocks?
>>
>>8331747
should be the other way around.

4 beachheads and a single roadblock.
>>
File: Pondering (Ghost Rider).jpg (614 KB, 1186x860)
614 KB
614 KB JPG
>>8331747
That was literally my first thought too.

What exactly are the four roadblocks for? The only thing I can think is he's planning on scalping three, but if that's the case... why scalp the second version of roadblock in eight figures instead of beachhead?
>>
>>8331747
>>8331758
>>8331793
Do you think he bought four roadblocks just to give four cobra troopers the big gun he comes with?
>>
>>8331528
We don’t have DG in my state and I never got around to buying them online, but I remember reading they were made with cheaper-feeling plastic? True or no?
Snake Eyes ‘91 is my personal favorite tho, maybe I should finally buy the DG one
>>
File: 20200731_100215.jpg (1.9 MB, 4128x2479)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
>>8331808
I only got the Storm Shadow and the green recolor of the Snake Eyes. They don't feel any different than, say, the red ninjas from Retaliation. If anything, it was the wave 3 Snake Eyes from Retaliation that had gummier plastic that felt weird.

I pulled them out a few days ago. I wasn't a huge fan of the Night Viper, mainly because the Resolute sniper rifle didn't feel right with them. But it's pretty awesome in the green Snake Eyes' hands.
>>
>>8331705
Ah, now that makes sense.
I'm going to guess using fan-wanted designs instead of being mostly colored plastic redecos was a waste.
>>
File: 20200801_141735.jpg (3.55 MB, 4032x2268)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB JPG
To the guys saying Hasbro wants the line to die, I say look at a company that's actually killing a line, like Mattel with their MOTU Origins line. They made the entire thing Walmart exclusive. Exclusive to the retailer that gives even less of a shit about toys than Target. The retailer that doesn't even put product out when they get whole new lines of it.

>>8330851
Having five is so delicious.
>>
>>8331851
They weren't even fan-wanted designs. Nobody was asking for 91 Snake Eyes, much less any more Snake Eyes, or Duke, or Cobra Commander. But when they showed up, a lot of people thought they were cool. It was kind of like how Target was yesterday, a bunch of weirdos looking for GI Joes and the store staff not knowing what the fuck was going on.
>>
>>8331874
To be honest, that's the best of /toy/
>>
>>8331858
Five troopers is pushing it. A squad of four led by an officer perhaps. Just spare a thought for people outside the US struggling to get even one.
>>
>>8331881
Why would I care if a non American doesn’t get a gi joe
>>
>>8331889
A Real American Hero, GEE EYE JOOOOOOE
>>
>>8331874
That's hilarious. Employee that was stocking the shelves on Saturday seemed surprised that there was anyone even in the store, let alone that someone was asking questions
>>
>>8331874
Based on the /toy/ threads from back then and all teh cursing because DGs weren't in their area or their local DGs already sold out, it seemed very much that those designs were highly popular.

>But when they showed up, a lot of people thought they were cool. It was kind of like how Target was yesterday, a bunch of weirdos looking for GI Joes and the store staff not knowing what the fuck was going on.
... you mean, just because they're out, that people only just started to want them?

Or maybe there's a rather large base of fans who are very nostalgic for a brand from their childhood have been asking for their favorite designs and characters from that era to be released again and now that they're finally out they're shitting themselves that it's not easier to obtain?

Just to note, I didn't really care about the DG figures and I'm not currently trying to make any leaps just to find the current figures being released. I just noticed obvious shit.

BTW, when are the retro figures at Walmart supposed to be released?
>>
File: crying-spongebob.jpg (49 KB, 480x368)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>walking through Target
>freshly placed toy stock
>brand new Cobra Trooper 2-packs
>39.99
>grab 2
>keep looking and find another set of them
>grab 2 more
>see deluxe Cobra Commander set with motorcycle
>wake up
>no Target
>no toys
>no cobra troopers
>>
>>8331925
rollercoaster of emotions
>>
>>8331918
>.. you mean, just because they're out, that people only just started to want them?
Yeah. When the DG Snake Eyes popped up, some people did get excited because it did hit them in the nostalgia, but it's not like many were expecting Ninja Force anything to show up. Or Action Force/meme dog kicking Cobra Commander. Or box art T'Gin-Zu.

Or were you asking for box art T'Gin-Zu?
>>
Lmao
>>
>>8331881
If anything it's been easier to get tjem outside of the US since, in bongland at least, they aren't exclusive so a bunch of online retailers have them.
I have two troopers PO'd and a Baroness.
>>
>>8331952
You’re supposed to push them out from the back, then smooth the bubble back to its original shape. Fucking newfags
>>
>>8331952
This is fixable at least. You can pop any of the figures’ legs off like that with a little heat and some effort.
>>
You guys hear Spy Troops is coming back?
>>
>>8331881
>Just spare a thought for people outside the US struggling to get even one.

Why? These aren't exclusive outside the US and are essentially just wave 1.5. Canadians may be screwed cause they don't have Targets but they can afford the after market prices with their free health care.
>>
>>8331983
Look closer. The peg is snapped off in the leg.
>>
Has Baroness showed up in the US at ALL yet?
>>
>>8332009
no
>>
>>8331881
1 Officer
2 sharpshooters
4 grunts
>>
>>8332004
Oop hahaha. Guess that’s why you don’t pull on the legs to remove from the package.
>>
>>8332034
Whatever floats your boat dude but some people don’t think a rigid cohort of soldiers is worth $140 for the same figure with minor variations.
>>
>>8331492
20 year old zoomer here. My story isn't exactly funny.
>2011
>Uncle unexpectedly passes away at a young age
>Sit in my room all week long
>Dad leaves for work and tells me he will check Toys R Us on his way to work
>Hour later mom hands me the phone
>"I checked Anon, all they had was Arctic Destro"
>Go to bed
>Wake up to find a Hasbro box on my nightstand with a note
>Read the note
>"I know you have been looking everywhere for these figures. Enjoy!"
>Signed Uncle Anon
>Open box
>Entire case of Pursuit of Cobra Wave 5 (the Steel Brigade wave)
>Walk down stairs to the living room to show my dad
>Dad is sitting on the floor and around him are all of my vehicles and all of the bins I put my Joes in
>Even pulled out some of his vintage figures and vehicles
>Spend all day and night playing
>>
>>8330482
wtf that looks pretty cool... don't even collect gi joes but these are good looking army builder goons.
>>
>>8331858
Origins just has an exclusive deal at Wal-mart for a bit. They're planning full roll-out next year.
>>
>>8331985
>Code Name: Wite-Out®
>>
>>8331528

It's amazing what a toy designer can do with a great mold and minimal paint and accessories. Making Duke into a generic Greenshirt and giving Shipwreck the sweater look were both brilliant and black Cobra Commander with black Trooper should have been something used in a full box set or something.
>>
File: 20200802_122431.jpg (2.79 MB, 4032x2268)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
Fucking Roadblock's floppy hips made this take way too long.
>>
>>8332044
Ah, cute story zoomer.
>>
>>8332157
Stop it, J Hernandez
>>
>>8332180
kek
>>
First video review of Arctic Storm Shadow. He seems to be a weird off-white color

https://youtu.be/8YxhN94nNnY
>>
>>8331952
1/18 come with metal hips
>>
File: 513ttr+h3kL._SL1000_.jpg (56 KB, 1000x1000)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>8332203
>weird off-white
It's called cream, you peasant. Anyway, that has to be a movie figure repaint.
>>
File: BlockedRAW.jpg (1.02 MB, 2273x2268)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>8332180
>SHUT THE FUCK UP WHITE BOI! I'M TAKIN YO BITCH!
>>
>>8332205
And they all ended up loose
>>
>>8332209
The fact that it doesn't match the paint right next to it is a a weird choice that makes the *cream* look bad
>>
>>8332221
It was obvious since the first promos, so I'm not surprised. White paint on black is typically a mess
>>
>>8332221
It needs to stand out because it's the only way for it to RISE to the TOP-ah!
>>
My local target has no joes, not even empty pegs.
>>
>>8332255
Ask if anything's "in the back" or wait for the 14th
>>
>>8332212
>Snake Eyes
>White
>>
File: SE unmasked.jpg (309 KB, 602x898)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>8332342
He is though. Blonde haired, blue eyed white guy.
>>
>>8332367
Shit's boring though, we already have Duke
>>
>>8332369
Totally different characters though.
>>
>>8332367
Not anymore. Have you not been paying attention?
>>
>>8332416
ARAH is the only version of Joes that matter.
>>
>>8332416
Totally different character. Not really Snake Eyes.
I hope Classifieds does well enough that this AsAm appeasement shit can flop.
>>
>>8332416
So what, are they going to have him walk around unmasked just to be like SEE?? SNAKE EYES NOT WHITE. Like Stallone Dredd but worse
>>
>>8332452
Yes. Why else get a "heartthrob" actor instead of a stuntman?
>>
>>8332454
I read his wiki and he doesn’t appear to be a martial artist, or at least nothing like Ray Park. So dumb. I hate this stinking world so much
>>
>>8332367
Such a let down. It was implied for years that he wore to mask to keep people from freaking out or getting outright nauseated and instead he looks like a handsome Jonah Hex.
>>
>>8332460
Shit artists gonna shit art.
>>8332458
You and me both. I wouldn't even hate them Asianing him if they got, like, that dude from the Raid and Mile 22, just make him a beastly martial artist, but no. Get the dude from Crazy Rich Asians because that's the audience we need to entice for our action movie franchise.
Paramount is dumb.
>>
Speaking of Snake Eyes, I'm happy with how decent of a Classified version of him you can make in Breakpoint. Even has tabi boots. And no sword obviously so I overcompensate with the knives
>>
>>8332516
What's that shirt?
I'm rolling as a squad of Falcon, Lady Jaye, Beach Head and Low Light.
Fucking game stole some premium currency from me yesterday. I bought a few pieces with the stuff I had, and one shirt just isn't unlocked.
>>
>>8332530
That sucks man, it did it to me too. I bought some pants and never got them.

The whole outfit is the 3E top, UA Heatgear Balaclava, Vasily's pants, Silent shoes, and the default Oakley gloves. I bought the modern ninja set that came with the mask and shoes. I ended up using the top it came with for Scarlett.
>>
>>8332542
Neat! I think the 3E top is the shirt that didn't transact properly. Got a shot of your Scarlett? I'd rather use her than Lady Jaye.
>>
>>8332551
I'm still working on finding a vest that works better. The one that I wanted to use can't be recolored. Also these are all using coyote brown but I'm going to switch to tan once I find it.
>>
>>8332516
>>8332530
Running Beach Head, Lady Jaye, Tunnel Rat and Rock n Roll myself. I'm not really happy with any attempt at Snake Eyes myself.
>>
>>8332452
Probably, yes. The snake eyes movie will be trash
>>
>>8332452
Nobody ever even knew or cared about Snake's ethnicity besides hardcore Joe fans.
>>
>>8332568
Nice. I made a similar Beach Head. This is my main crew. I took inspiration for Roadblock from Renegades. I'm also autistic and have a Duke version for Nomad that I switch to before cutscenes. Last night I also made a Gung Ho for Fixit and a Low Light for Vasily.
>>
>>8332589
I've also made Stalker, Flint and Shipwreck at one point but I wasn't happy with em. I never tried Gung Ho because you can't give him his chest tattoo and there aren't like military t-shirts with their logos and stuff on em. The customization in Breakpoint is better in some regards and worse in others. Mostly the colors/camos.
>>
>>8332589
>>8332568
>>8332562
>>8332516
Hell yeah, Joes!
>>
>>8332614
Breakpoint would be a perfect GI Joe game. I mean its about a group of Special Forces taking out a giant paramilitary terrorist organization that took over a super tech island. That feels more GI Joe than Ghost Recon or anything related to the stuff that has Tom Clancy's name tied to it.
>>
File: specter_pose_05.jpg (115 KB, 1000x1333)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
How good is the articulation on Snake Eyes compared to a figuarts?
This may sound weird but I've been looking for a generic-ish body to make a custom of this guy that is in the Legacy Collection scale.
>>
>>8332606
For Gung Ho I basically just tried to copy his Classified look with the battle vest and colors. It's just closed but it doesn't bug me too much since most of the time I don't see him.

>>8332625
That's what convinced me to buy it besides the cosmetic stuff. I know a lot of hardcore GR players aren't happy with the game but I'm playing it as a GI Joe simulator instead of a tactical shooter and it's fun. Probably helps that I got the game for $9. Their biggest complaints seem to be about fighting drones but that makes it all the more Cobra-esque to me. I'm still real early into the game. Only done like 3 of the main quest missions and a side one. Mostly I've been hunting around for gear to make Joes and taking out bases.

>>8332614
It's cool you can see everyone's favorites by the team they made
>>
>>8332714
I'm not a big Liw Light guy. Just couldn't think of another sniper
>>
>>8332714
>It's cool you can see everyone's favorites by the team they made
To be fair I went with Lady Jaye because I felt like having a female Joe and she's the only one you can really pull off.
>>
>>8332713
If you're planning on painting, figma Genji would probably work better, and he's pretty cheap last I checked.
>>
File: genji height.jpg (196 KB, 1280x720)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>8332892
They are the same height? What the hell. I didn't know.
>>
>>8332906
Yup, there might also be some Bugmen that would work, since they have the plated look. But I don't know as much about Bugs.
>>
>>8330913
Legit or fake?
>>
>>8332935
Nah. I need one that's about 6.5 inches tall.
I guess I'll get a McFarlane Omega, fix it, and start from there.
>>
>GI Joe doing a Target exclusive wave with one of my favorite Joes as a kid
>my Target doesn't even have a GI Joe section

feels bad man
>>
Forget Bikini Baroness, I want telethon Black Dress Baroness.
>>
>>8332939
Fake but likely to happen at some point
>>
classified line should have card backs
>>
>>8332957
Not gonna lie I'd rather have that over Bikini Baroness
>>
>>8332988
They're saving that for the retro repainted in the next year or so.
>>
>>8332957
Classy looking, more suited to her intelligence role. The dress might hinder articulation though.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (54 KB, 512x393)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>8332957
I want Casual wear Flint and lady jaye
>>
>>8332957
Bikini Baroness would only work if it was a seamless figure
>>
>>8332988
cardbacks are pointless now since they ditched the actual biography just to cram in a bunch of language versions of the character's rank.
>>
My target won't fucking budge on the 8/14 date. They say they're locked up. I'll probably keep checking and try to be patient but if they screw me over and sell them in advance I might be pissed
>>
File: cs.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>8332957

Only if I can get a Cold Slither 4 pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osZ52A-_kpQ
>>
File: 1581305043214.jpg (182 KB, 1080x1080)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>go into Target 7AM yesterday
>shows on popfindr and their POS system at least a full case of Beachhead and one case of Troopers in stock, but street dated
>the employee was super nice, understood my frustration and noted they were "hard locked",, they couldn't sell me them even if they wanted to until 08/14
>show him the tweets, still notes there's nothing they could do
>I work retail myself, so I don't press the issue too much and wish him a good day
>check popfindr today
>Cobra troopers all gone, 0 in stock at that location
Absolutely infuriating. At this point I won't bother checking until 08/14. I'm so sick of Target and Hasbro having some level of miscommunication with each other and no one, even between stores seeming to know what's going on with product.
>>
>>8333096
I can actually see hasbro doing this one. At least pack the regular figure with a guitar
>>
>>8333105
All but 1 of the 6 Targets in my area are all sold out and the the one with stock won't sell them. I did the same thing you did and showed the manager the tweets. Nothing. The manager even took the cases and put them in his office so employees couldn't put them out. The manager did though take down my number and said that if he got permission to sell them, he would call and LMK.
>>
GI Joe must be cursed
>>
How many orders of snake eyes deluxe do you think is going out to everyone? Hoping secondary market drops in price or a nice restock
>>
>>8333178
How did you see the manager? I at the very least just want to get my phone number taken down too. These horror stories of people getting to the store only to see them all reserved worries me.
>>
>>8331416
And got Roadblock just now. This time all I did was ask some teenager who was stocking the shelves. No pegs, no Joes, though his little PDA gave aisle locations. He went in the back and came back with ‘block and Beach Head. At this point I’ve gone to two Targets far from my house and come away with two figures. I’ll take my chances online on the 14th from here
>>
>>8333302
Nice!
Now post pics.
>>
>>8333253
After I talked to someone at customer service about the figures and showed them the tweets, they called the manager over to the desk and just passed me off to him. I really don't expect much except maybe a call saying that they put out the figures. He didn't say he was going to hold anything for me.
>>
>>8333305
You’ll have to wait till later, driving
>>
>>8333105
It's frustrating. And it sucks because there's no communication within the stores either. You either get a person who won't budge on them despite what their own company has said or get the person that doesn't care and gives a whole case out to Scalper Steve all within an hour of each other.
>>
>>8333315
I guess I'll wait then, I don't want to go Karen. When I showed the tweets and chats I just get shrugged at like I'm crazy, and I don't want to be an inconvenience but this is irritating
>>
File: baroness-dress_xvid.webm (354 KB, 480x320)
354 KB
354 KB WEBM
>>8332957
>>
>>8332157
that's not how people walk
>>
File: GI Joe 10.jpg (103 KB, 937x595)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>8333015
>not even a mention of wanting a bikini baroness
cmon man
>>
Remember when Beach Head fought Cobra Troopers in a New York back alley?
>>
>>8333510
ACBA was invented by Satan to control the action figure community
>>
File: Barehead.jpg (93 KB, 896x621)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>8333442
People always wanting casual flint and bikini baroness, but unmasked Beach head is my jam.
>>
>>8333558
That's the general release sans accessories version we're getting next year.
>>
File: 20200803_001841.jpg (1013 KB, 2268x2458)
1013 KB
1013 KB JPG
>>
File: RB-newpants.jpg (255 KB, 522x1080)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
Looking like Target RB will get clearanced as he's the only one I've seen all weekend. Will get one just to switch out the pants of the first release.
>>
>>8332957
is that a drawn nipple?
>>
File: gijoe_dragonfly_mayfly.jpg (211 KB, 612x816)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>8333305
Unfortunately, Kimbo Block's sunglasses don't really work with any of the others, including Roadblock 1. Kimbo has little holes under his doo-rag to keep them in place. Also they removed the blue energy accents from his gun, making it even worse than it was before.
It was fun to find them, but on this particular weekend I'd have traded 'em both for one Trooper
>>
I don't know GI Joe but I wanted to say that Beachhead sounds like a racial slur.
>>
>>8333510
They could have at least waited until we got an urban combat version.
>>
>>8331947
>implying /toy/ isn't full of nostalgiafags who kept asking for neon Ninja Force shit when the 25th+ line was out
What a newfag and you're probably underaged too.

What's the action force meme anyway?
Never really paid attention to any discussion about that european nonsense. All i know about that line is they have ugly crimson guard wannabes and it's somehow related to Action Man, which is even worse than Mattel's dollshit.

Also, anyone know when the Retro line is supposed to come out?
>>
>>8333860
What’s your mother’s name?
>>
>>8332452
Most likely, modern Hollywood can’t do masks anymore. You have to keep showing the actors face. It’s why Spider-Man in the mcu keeps removing it like every five minutes. Snakes eyes will probably only wear it once
>>
>>8334109
Robinson
>>
>>8334113
Seriously. I guess Ray Park was okay with not showing his face, since that’s not really what he got hired for, but Storm Shadow barely wore a mask in either previous movie. Fully expect any final battles in the new movie to be completely maskless. Probably shirtless too idk
>>
>>8333439
YOU CAN'T STOP THE WALK
>>
What do any of you think of using Street Fighter SHFs with the Classified series, sort of bringing back the old Street Fighter GI Joe crossover that happened in the early 90s? Would the SHF anime style look too out of place?
>>
File: 7XqeyXD.jpg (185 KB, 1632x918)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>8334343
>Would the SHF anime style look too out of place?
Yes
>>
I finally found all of wave 1 except Destro. Tried 3 Targets but no luck on exclusives. I really hope Hasbro makes Low-Light.
>>
>>8334232
I just want one picture of duke, Roadblock (not cobra island), Scarlett, snake eyes, gung ho, and beach head.
>>
>>8334343
It would look mabey a little off, but overall it would probably be fine.
>>
I had to go full Karen and call Customer Relations to get a Beachhead. After they sell out the entire region of troopers and they want to enforce the street date on me. No.
>>
so... im a casual when it comes to gijoe. these new ones look great and they aren't radical redesigns of the old characters. i actually think these are some of the best things hasbro put out, so im wondering, what are people upset about with the classified series?
>>
>>8334544
Hi Hasbro
>>
>>8334544
>they aren't radical redesigns of the old characters
>>
>>8334544
There was a lot of initial fear that's slowly subsided. The Joe team outside of wave 1 don't have gold shin guards. For the most part Scarlett got the craziest wardrobe change. Hasbro's demonstrated here they're willing to do a million variations of each character if you don't like one design. It's corny to say, but I think a lot of fans chilled out when they finally got the figures in hand.
>>
>Target has cobra troopers
>Won't sell them until august 14th
>Next day, they don't have them anymore

lol this is all such a joke
>>
>>8334609
It’s cause there were people like me that wouldn’t budge until we got them

Thanks for being agreeable
>>
>>8334536
why is your beach-head not smirking? is it a variation?
>>
>>8334628
>Proud of being a karen
>>
>>8334640
He's disappointed in him for acting the way he did.
>>
Are there any good reviews for Classified Cobra Commander?
>>
>>8334701
this one is watchable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOylZ-h5f1c
>>
>>8334825
This dude sucks. No fucking charisma or knowledge of Joe. I hate that he buys everything off like Mercari or whatever and is the first reviews up by weeks. I wish it was almost ANYone else doing that.
>>
>>8334657
target themselves stated that they should have been available in stores on the 26'th. Not his fault you meekly checked the toy rack at 8:00am when the stocker is still shitting out his morning coffee instead of getting shit done about it. Imagine going out and not coming back with what you went out for. never gonna make it, get ready to pay the late fee bucko.
>>
>>8334831
He even states himself that he knows nothing about Joes, but then proceeds to buy figures like PDD.
>>
>>8334701
>>8334825
>>8334831
>erivera
Kek I raise you with J Hernandez
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wHmrxLThD0
>>
>>8334657
It's easier to understand when you accept that about 60% of toy collectors are just fucking terrible people.
>>
>>8334883
He's gotta get that YouRube money so buying everything first will totally make up for his below-mediocre reviews.
>>
>>8334890
J Hernandez isn't as cringe as Shartimus but god damn is he close.
>>
>>8334395
has there been any info on a wave 3 and beyond? wave 2 is Arctic SS, Gung Ho, Red Ninja and... ?
>>
>>8334922
Cobra Commander. I think Arctic SS isn't TECHNICALLY part of wave 2.
>>
>>8334883
The "I don't know shit about GI Joe but I bought the toys anyway" guys are annoying, but I don't know if they're more annoying than the long-time fans who gut super anal and bitchy about everything not being 80s accurate.
>>
>>8334948
I don't give a shit about the latter. Unless they still feel the need to buy everything despite HATING it so much. Toy collecting has become, weirdly enough, terribly competitive these days and people who are either apathetic towards a line or outright antagonistic about it but still competing with me for the product make me fucking miffed.
>>
>>8334954
Wouldn't be a problem if Hasby actually MADE STOCK.
>>
>>8334958
But they're not, and that's out of our hands. Fuck boys that want to buy up shit then loudly tell the rest of us who really want it that they don't should be spat upon.
>>
>>8334948
As a long time Joe fan, I can say the bitchy 80s fanboys are way worse than the "Don't know, but bought it anyway" guys.
>>
>>8334890
>>8334825
I wonder if they've worked out some minor deals with the scalpers they enable because their reviews will most likely generate more hype and demand for the figures probably driving more gullible idiots into said scalpers' arms.
>>
>>8334978
I'm pretty sure all the youtube reviewers who get figures and reviews out months before the figures release get them off eBay sellers who get them from the factories in China or wherever they're located. Or in a few cases they just know and work with the company in making promotional stuff like D Amazing.
>>
>>8334970
I'd agree with this 100%. The other guys buy something because it's new and they think it's cool and inevitably support the brand. 80's fanboys refuse to buy anything new if it's not a 1:1 recreation of ARAH designs.
>>
>>8334989
At least the Chinese are starting to wake up to the fact they can do that now, too. So as early as these fucks try to get them, there's always some Chinese guy putting something up with zero effort a week prior. I hope they eat into the domestic reviewers' views.
>>
>>8334883
I mean, I really don’t either. Missed the boat on the 80’s stuff and I really only had toys from when Spy Troops was going on, short as it was. But I’m also not a toy reviewer buying things for $80 when I don’t know anything about them. I did my research on PDD but this guy sure didn’t. I guess he just bought it because... it looks cool?
>>
>>8334997
>I guess he just bought it because... it looks cool?
That would be fine. It seems more cynical than that to me, though. I think he just got it because he wants to have it early and get those reviewbux.
>>
I can live with reviewers getting shit early. It's on them to pay for those quick views if they choose to do so. What grates me with erivera is when he says he doesn't know much about Joes and then encourages others to get them even if they don't care for the source. It just defeats the point of getting people into the series.

I'd happily take someone new who's genuinely enthused by these figures enough to dive into ANY media of Joes than someone who just wants them as background filler for their shitty ML display.
>>
>>8335042
>wants them as background filler for their shitty ML display
This hurts.
>>
>>8335042
You don’t have to love the source material to own a good toy. This is the best shit Hasbro has released in years, so it shouldn’t be strange that people who don’t really care would still want them.
>>
>>8335042
Classified seems to be bringing in the ML collectors into the line
>>
>>8335047
That's not my point though. Read my last line again
>I'd happily take someone new who's genuinely enthused by these figures enough to dive into ANY media of Joes
If the line actually draws people into Joes as a franchise then that'd be great but the fact remains that you already get people wanting these only as fodder/army builder goons for their ML displays.
>>
>>8331858
Are you from West Covina?
>>
>>8335114
Nope. Exact opposite side of the country.
>>
Fuck it, I'm just gonna pay a scalper. It's not worth arguing with one more target employee.
>>
File: 91h2Oc9.jpg (26 KB, 500x525)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>8335123
>spent a combined 100 bones on Beach and Trooper on Friday
>one stuck in transit since Saturday and other hasn't shipped
>contemplate selling AI White Ninja + arms to make up for cost

Just wait for the 14th and see what happens.
>>
>>8335157
The preorder was a fucking disaster of bots the first time, it's going to be ruined by bots the second time.
>>
>>8335158
They did mention "limited preorder quantities". Maybe we'll have a couple minutes this time instead of 15 seconds
>>
>>8335108
I guess I’m trying to figure out the difference between me, someone who isn’t about to read the comics or watch the show, but likes the characters and the figures, and someone like that, who only buys them as goons for ML. I don’t want to mix my displays, especially since these GI Joes come with way better articulation. Seems like it would be a crime to stick them in the back.
>>
>>8335169
Not just articulation, but detail and proportions. Legends just don't match their aesthetic at all, all the Black Widow heads I've seen on Scarlett look fucking atrocious
>>
>>8335163
I've seen scalpers and bots get around this WAAAAAY too often. The only way this wouldn't be shit is if it wasn't on target.com
>>
>>8335163
They also said the new street date was 8/1 and how did that turn out?

They can't get target to do anything.
>>
>>8335191
>>8335197
So you really see the price rising higher by that time? If you really want to spend the money on them now, go ahead.
>>
>>8335219
I definitely think that after the 14th turns out to be a shit show that a lot more people will break down and head to ebay.
>>
OHHHH NONONONONO
I was forgiving of Scarlett's elbows, but this is bad.
>>
>>8335185
i dunno, that looks pretty good to me?
>>
>>8334970
>"Don't know, but bought it anyway" guys.
That's me, kinda, I at least knew a decent bit about Joe's beforehand but Classified is mg first time collecting figures of them.
But I'm not buying everything, just the ones I like the designs of.
>>
>>8335250
dafuq? so it's definitely going to pay off to wait for a solo variant right?
>>
>>8335108
Who the hell is buying Joes to use as background fodder for ML displays? Marvel Legends already has tons of options for that as it is, there's no need to throw Joes in there. If a ML collector really wanted army builder fodder, they have their choice of either cheap Hydra AND AIM soldiers on Pulse (I'm surprised the SHIELD Agent hasn't gotten this treatment yet).

>>8335169
>>8335185
MCU MLs work much better then comic ones, the lack of skin tight spandex, tacticool designs and real-ish headsculpts helps a lot.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (74 KB, 800x1029)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>8335250
I really don't understand. They've proven they can do double joints on a female, and they've also done some pretty good single joints in recent Legends. Why give up on their own characters? Butterfly joints, separate neck joints, ball jointed waists, drop-down hips, and they fuck up the elbows?
>>8335261
Single will likely be a repaint
>>
>>8335250
And I was hoping to give her one of the assault rifles she and the bike come with.
>>
>>8335108
It kind of sounds like you're gatekeeping against MLfags. If the Joe's sell then the line will be successful, and that means we'll see more. Honestly I don't care who buys it as long as the line flourishes
>>
>>8335280
>wanting no-standards ML fags to infest the Joe collecting hobby, allowing Hasbro to get away with producing crap, low-quality repaints
Nah. Gatekeep them the fuck OUT.
>>
>>8335304
>get away with producing crap, low-quality repaints
Are you paying attention? They're already doing that
>>
>>8335309
The current repaints are still decent quality, though.
>>
>>8335309
Isn't this supposed to be the new Renaissance of GI Joe? The figures look awesome, better than 90% of Legends
>>
>>8335244
Ngl, my autism is definitely telling me to splurge on a second trooper, cause fuck it, I've wasted enough money by now, just sell some more shit to compensate. But you just never know, they could have enough online stock to last all day, and prices could drop by half on secondary
>>
>>8335357
>they could have enough online stock to last all day
>prices could drop by half on secondary

I hope so
>>
>>8335327
>Isn't this supposed to be the new Renaissance of GI Joe?
Yes but only if you aren't an 80's purist. We should come up with a term for that like how Transmofmers has G1nner or however its spelled.
>>
File: gitwt-2026a c.jpg (113 KB, 750x642)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>8333510
Better get saving for something more accurate, anon
>>
>>8335368
Fag? I nominate Fag.
Or Drabber because they want everything to be olive drab.
>>
>>8334890
I don't know where the ACBA and hip-hop crossover comes from and I'm too afraid to ask at this point
>>
File: 0d6.jpg (31 KB, 600x556)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>8335368
>>8335398
>"I can't believe the special mission force GI Joe that recruited a mute ninja and a crossbow specialist, who fight a snake man with his metal headed weapon dealer, were given laser weapons instead of M-16s from the vietnam war!"
>>
>>8335409
They have to offset the nerdiness of photographing toys with the "hardcore" nature of rap.
>>
>>
>>8335357
This is the most hopeful thing I've ever seen written about hasbro handling something like this.
>>
>>8335430
Could easily do the same thing with Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Black Widow
>>
>>8335434
This shit is kinda all I care about right now, it only hurts to be so hopeless. And we can pretty much guarantee they'll reveal comparable repaints of the new characters by the end of the year to scoop up sympathy from those burned
>>
>>8335414
Who was saying that? The 80's purists that everyone hates complain that their designs are 100% accurate to the OG 80s figures. No one is complaining about the characters backstories being changed, because they haven't.

Also
>recruited a mute ninja and a crossbow specialist
Snake Eyes wasn't mute when he was recruited by G.I. Joe, and Scarlett was Counter Intelligence not a "Crossbow specialist".
>>
>>8335430
Perfect. Snake Eyes btfo
>>8335435
Like, Scarlett is into chicks? My penis can dig double readhead lesbians.
>>
>>8335462
Fags have been bitching about them having lasers since almost the beginning. There's a LOT of old boring dudes that piss their pants any time a GI Joe character isn't decked out in normal army gear with an m-16.
Well, aside from Snowjob, Spirit, Gung-Ho, but don't tell them that it's just nostalgia letting those designs and armaments slide for them.
>>
>>8335467
Meant to reply to>>8335455
>>
File: step up bitch.jpg (564 KB, 1742x2048)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
>>
>>8335467
Yeah but who's saying that here now? Aside from the weapons and the communicator or whatever it is on their vests and stuff, the Classified figures are very modern military in terms of their designs so those "old boring dudes" should be pretty happy.
>>
>>8335484
>Aside from the weapons and the communicator or whatever it is on their vests
And that's what they're bitching about
>>
>>8335480
T H E W A L K
>>
>>8335480
very uninspired
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (350 KB, 1200x1600)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>8335484
>>8335486
Also gold bad
>>
>>8335498
She looks like she farted too hard.
>>
>>8335498
>>
>>8335486
Yeah but I haven't seen anyone bitching about that in a while. Only complaint about the guns I've seen recently are that they've used Nerf Guns for their guns. Personally I'm against that, just because they just look like nerf guns. I liked Dukes Hybrid AR/Laser and Roadblocks big railgun. I don't use em, I just bought and used 1:12 guns but I I'm more than ok with them making hybrid guns that mix the real world guns and the 80's laser rifles.

The only people I still see complaining about the Classified line are 80's Nostalgia blinded fags like Retroblasting who don't like that they aren't 1:1 design recreations of the original designs, or 1:18 fags who are angry and bitter that the line isn't 100% devoted to their preferred scale. And I guess those of us annoyed with the shitshow that's going on with Target, but I don't think that's really aimed at the line specifically and more just angry at the situation.
>>
>>8335498
God that is ugly. I agree that Scarlett's design is a little to busy with like 5 colors just blasted all over her, but some of the re-paints I've seen are just shit and don't fit Scarlett at all.
>>
>>8335498
>going through all the trouble to repaint the whole figure
>still do a sloppy as fuck job
Maybe that's for factory authenticity, I dunno.
>>
>>8335512
I don't know, the more repaints I see, the more I appreciate the original. They made 5 different colors work somehow.
>>
>>8335430
>the chad Duke
>the virgin Snake Eyes
>>
>>8335525
That's more or less what I'm saying. the 5 colors looking almost scattershot on her is better than all of the 2 color repaints everyone is making. I feel like, aside from the arms, the only thing that could improve Scarlett would be her midsection being the same color as her chestplate. And maybe a darker shade of red hair, but the lighter orange has grown on me.
>>
>>8335496
What would make it "inspired"?
>>
>>8335525
>>8335532
I like the original look too. It makes her stand out. If I were to repaint her, which I might if I get a second one, I'd do something more like this and use the gold as the feature instead of taking it away.
>>
>>8335525
I think it's because the different colors are almost all on different material-looking parts of the figure. Then you go and get repaints like this>>8335498 that take no heed of that because they just want colors where they were on the original figure so you end up with two-tone jeans where the crotch perfectly matches her shirt and random texture changes across the legs and torso.
>>
>>8335537
Not that anon but I'd say I'm more distracted by the fact that Destro is holding the gun in the wrong hand, and doesn't have his finger on the trigger than I am by the hunched over villain walk. And if they are walking as a group the Troopers should be doing more than just standing there. I'd give it a 7/10. Posing needs a little more effort.
>>
File: 81cyLimCD6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (276 KB, 922x1500)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>arctic mission
>cobra island
are these variations based on anything? (older toy lines/ cartoon episodes)
too bad they don't give us any card backs or packed in comics.
>>
>>8335546
You can't get his trigger finger in on that pistol. I just found this out yesterday, so it's never leaving his holster again.
>>
>>8335549
>Arctic Mission
They released a few winter/snow themed variants of figures in the vintage line and there were always episodes of the cartoon where they were in different climates and in cold ones they at least gave characters coats
>Cobra Island
Sort of a throwback to the Special Mission Brazil set in that it's called Special Mission and is a store exclusive. Would have been pretty rad if it came with a code for a download off itunes or something of a little radio play like how Brazil came with a cassette tape.
>>
>>8335480
Would have been better if Destro was wearing his glasses.
>>
>>8335549
>>8335553
The implications of more sublines was awesome, now every time we see one we're gonna get ptsd from this Target shitshow
>>
>>8335549
>>
>>8335480
So, was he just standing in that dead end hallway with his four goons before this picture was taken or did he make a wrong turn somewhere in the Terrordrome, come face-to-face with a wall, and now he has to backtrack to actually find his way out?
>>
>>8335480
Image theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Tu4pfSlA8
>>
>>8335550
I thought you could if you bend the trigger finger a bit.
>>
>>8335480
>>8335565
>I swear! You'd think this place was designed by that insane Winchester woman.
>>
>>8335571
Maybe, but I don't like doing that. I did that with my Black Series Boba Fett to get him to hold his carbine and it makes it look like the finger is going to break off. His other gun is basically a just a really big pistol anyway.
>>
>>8335565
looooool
>>
>>8335549
Hope we get a Battle Damage line
>>
>>8335565
Probably meant to be a large door. Didn't they have hidden bases on the side of cliffs all the time?
>>
File: Lady J Cup.png (118 KB, 246x304)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>8333442
>bikini Baroness
>not underwear Jaye
>>
File: 20200803_165353.jpg (1.51 MB, 2898x2456)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>8335550
>You can't get his trigger finger in on that pistol.
Yeah, you can.

>Cobra Island
Was also a big deal in the Marvel comics. Something like Cobra was buying a bunch of explosions, so the Joe's tracked them down to the fault line near Mexico. Cobra tricked Joe's into causing an explosion, which made a tectonic shift and created a new island. Cobra lawyers were already at the UN and got it recognized as a Cobra regional territory and the Joes had to legally leave the island. It then became the head base for Cobra.
>>
>>8335498
i appreciate the effort but this looks... not great
>>
File: IMG_20200803_171246.jpg (142 KB, 694x706)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>8335550
It didn't go right in but it took minimal effort to get it in there. You could also cut some of the trigger away to open it up a bit.
>>
>>8335650
>cut some of the trigger away to open it up a bit.
That worked wonderfully. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>8335669
No problem. If the finger can't fit in there cutting away a little plastic usually opens it up. Just be careful or you might cut through the trigger guard. I mean some super glue fixes that but work smarter, not harder ya know.
>>
>>8335674
Yeah. I got a bit more of the trigger than I initially intended. This is some soft plastic. It's actually still a snug fit around the trigger finger so it all worked out.
>>
>>8335480
"I put my briefcase down, take my gun out of the holster, put it in my left hand, then reclaim my briefcase."
>>
>>8335509
Fantasy/fiction laser guns vs real weapons intended to harm real people.

Right on. Such dissonance.
>>
>>8335863
He legitimately thinks GI Joe is a tribute to the American military industrial complex and not just a simple war toy. He believes only TRULY PATRIOTIC Americans can and should love Joes. His grandfather was a pilot in World War II and so that makes him an expert on this sort of thing.
Duh.
>>
>>8335462
I meant switch Snake Eyes and Scarlett and have Black Widow as Duke. Snake Eyes is into redheads and black bodysuits after all. But hey, lesbians are always fine in my book
>>
>>8335280
>gatekeeping against MLfags
Wanting more people to get into Joes as a franchise through the figures is the complete opposite of gatekeeping.
>>
>>8335867
His grandfather would vomit if he saw that he was arguing about toys on the internet. That’s not what people went to war for.
>>
>>8336025
But if you take away GI Joe's guns, you're PISSING on his grandfather's grave.
>>
>>8335611
I always love it when villains use the legal system to screw over the heroes.
>>
>>8336025
Kinda hard to go to war over something that didn't exist yet.
>>
>>8336400
Point being that I doubt his grandfather would really give a shit about “historical accuracy” given that he probably thinks arguing about toy guns on the internet is dumb, like 98% of other people do.
>>
File: destro.png (131 KB, 449x705)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
For anyone who hasn't nabbed a Destro yet, Amazon has some for retail price and free shipping if you're a Prime member.
>>
>>8337153
Good to know.

Now that he's getting back into people's stocks, this gives me hope that Hasby might do the same for the Target figures.
>>
For what purpose?
>>
Here's your non-exclusive Beach Head lol
>>
>>8337302
This is a custom right?
>>
>>8337307
Yes
>>
>>8337307
yes, no way we'd get something that spot on.
>>
>>8337310
>>8337312
Good, I was going to get pissed off if it was real. I don't really care about the camo print, but that green is so much better looking.
>>
File: 20200804_163205.jpg (2.9 MB, 2043x2973)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB JPG
Finally got my pulse exclusive snake eyes. Packaging is gorgeous and all the gear is neat but his fucking waist joint is floppy. All 4 of the classified Joe's I own have floppy joints of some kind, does anyone else have this issue? That and the soft webgear always seems to jumble around and tempted to glue them into place.
>>
>>8337333
That’s crazy. I’ve gotten Scarlett, and just today got the retail Snake-Eyes (>>8337273) and they’re both fairly tight. Snake-Eyes is so tight, in fact, that his waist joint feels like something is twisting or bending when I move it, and his butterfly joints are stuck.

Also, someone had asked if Overwatch Ultimates Soldier 76’s rifle would fit on Duke. If Duke’s hands are anything like Snake-Eyes’, you’re going to have to heat them up to get him to hold the gun. Snake-Eyes’ grip is like a vice because his plastic is so firm. Have a pic with a few various Hasbro rifles.
>>
>>8337333
>>8337344
The detents on the hinge were super tight for me, but they're fine now. Swivels are getting looser as a result though, articulating the hinge is pushing the hand against the wrist, flexing the hole open, so it loosens the pegs fit inside. Idk if that made sense, but that's what I can deduce
>>
>>8337333
I have one of the first shipment Pulse Snake Eyes and don't have any floppy joints nor do my Scarlett or Duke. I actually had the opposite problem with Duke where some of the joints are really tight. His left wrist hinge is basically unusable because everytime I moved it up or down, it stressed the plastic so I don't even move it now.
>>
>>8335498
I don't get all the complaints about her hair. Has anyone ever met redheads in real life? Some of them have really light, orange colored hair. Given how pale and freckly she is, the orange hair works better.
>>
Bros how do I get deluxe snake eyes without paying rape prices
>>
>>8337497
>>
>>8337497
Ya snooze ya looze. He was up for preorder for a while when they announced it since Hasbro Pulse actually has bot protection.
>>
>>8337497
You wait and pray that he gets another round of production. Or hope that a kindhearted simpleton bought two by mistake and will sell you the other at cost.

I almost bought two by mistake because I thought Hasbro tried to cancel my order.
>>
Joined this group on Facebook. First post I see is scalper scum. After being called out, he made probably fifty replies in trying to justify his behavior including "I'm a collector too and addicted to plastic crack!" while posting his collections. My favorite was that he also had 4 mouths to feed. Could have spent that $80 on food instead dumbass.
>>
File: zarana .png (155 KB, 282x405)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>8332957
I want Zarana's butt crack
>>
>>8337607
Dudes like this come to the marvel facebook pages all the time. When Red Hulk was dropping some guy tried to sell a grip of them for near 300% mark up.
>>
>>8337607
>>Special club for 6inch Joe collectors
bunch of wankers desu
>>
File: 20200804_195524.jpg (2.78 MB, 2761x1878)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
>>8337344
>>8337355
>>8337359
Snake has the worst case with his ball waist being near ragdoll loose but the rest are tight or almost to tight. The rest have one or 2 joints that are wobbly or loose feeling but the rest fell rock solid or way to tight. The inconsistency just gives them an odd feeling but just need to dig into them with floor polish and gun oil to fix it. Only other complain is the hands are really stiff and hard to fit gear into them and the soft gear jiggling around kinda irks me a bit.

But god damn I do admit they look good.
>>
>>8337711
There's also groups for 4" and vintage. What's your point?
>>
CC helmets seem to be consistently fucked. Hope those custom hooded ones people make come pre painted
>>
>>8337719
What irks me is that posing
>>
>>8337719
>>8337878
I apologize, that was rude
>>
>>8337719
God, I would be all over Duke if he didn't come with those stupid gold leg plates.

I hope they make a version without them.
>>
>>8337749
Is the weird helmet on all of them or just a few unlucky figures?
>>
File: 91OiaVBhCmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (286 KB, 1476x1500)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>8337917
>>
>>8337749
Seems fixable with heat though. Just bend it closer shut.
>>
>>8338114
I just wish he didn't have them at all DESU.
>>
>>8338169
Get the Gamerverse cap and swap the boots out. He will be a tiny bit shorter but he will have regular boots.
>>
>>8338232
Is this a comon swap?

What does it look like?
>>
>>8337878
Oh shit it's the pose Nazi.
>>
>>8338238
Not that I've seen. I tried it out of curiosity and didn't like it because it made him like a quarter of an inch shorter and the boots are blue grey and don't really fit Duke. But if the armor annoys you that much its an option. Honestly after some of the repaints I've seen that just paint the shinguards a solid darker color like gunmetal or something they looks fine. Same thing with the knee pads but I've put different kneepads on my Duke anyway.
>>
File: 20200615_221323.jpg (2.91 MB, 2929x2157)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
>>8337917
They irk me because they always look crooked. Idk if they where glued on wrong or just how the ankle poses behind it but always looks off.
>>
>>8337878
Post an example of good posing so we can learn.
>>
>>8337919
I always feel like the early figures are the ones with the QC issues that get ironed out, suppose it's best to wait
>>
>>8337729
Oh you dont get it, 1/12 should feel ahsamed because *looks at notes* their not the "real" joes, even though the 3.75 are not even the first joes, nor the only size.
>>
>>8337749
I hate this configuration of the trooper's double knees.
>>
>>8337607
Holy shit, the admin defending him despite the rules clearly stating "no selling for more than $10 over retail".
What a fucking joke.
>>
>>8337607
“Hey dudes, SnakeEyes289 here with some new figs, turns out I actually owe a lot of money to a debt collector so I’m selling these Joes for a steal at $80 a piece, shipping and PayPal fees NOT included bros. We fans gotta look out for each other in these trying times! Yo joe!”
>>
Digging Snakeeyes so far, the wrist joints and the waist/ab joints are pretty good. Hope they make a basic ninja trooper, Ally Viper will be dope but too many acessories to sell at 15 buck like the hydra guys.

I have the pimp Destro and CC on pre-order, have been scouring brickseek and popfindr for the Baroness. But the basic line never showed up in my city so I have mostly relied on online. Not going to have hope I can get a Beachhead.

Who is on every ones list for joes/cobra?
>Shipwreak
>Flint
>Sgt Slaughter

>Dc Mindbender
>Serpentor
>Tomax/Xamot
>>
>>8339021
Forgot pic
>>
>>8339004
"I spent a LOT of time and effort clearing out several stores so I can take advantage of your community's desire for these figures, so I can't POSSIBLY offer less or it wouldn't have even been worth it for me to do this."
>>
>>8339021
I'm waiting on Destro to come into stock so my order can ship but I'm looking forward to them.
>Who is on every ones list for joes/cobra?
Mutt and Junkyard and Croc Master are but there for me, Shipwreck too and also Wild Weasel.
>>
>>8339021
>Joes
Shipwreck
Lieutenant Falcon
Tunnel Rat

>Cobras
Serpentor
Croc Master
Copperhead
Night Viper
>>
File: danoks.jpg (116 KB, 861x650)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>8339021
The Dreadnoks, of course!
>>
>>8339021
>Who is on every ones list for joes/cobra?
Joes
Shipwreck
Rock n Roll
Chuckles
Lady Jaye
Stalker

Cobra
Zartan
Firefly
Cobra Viper
Serpentor
Tomax and Xamot 2 Pack
>>
>>8339021
Joes
>Stalker
>Lady Jaye
>Heavy Duty
>Barbecue

Cobras
>Zartan
>Firefly
>Major Bludd

I’d also like Copperhead because he looks like Doomguy to me.
>>
File: 1593500780927.png (817 KB, 925x1388)
817 KB
817 KB PNG
>>8339068
>>8339088
>>8339147
>>8339254
>>8339290

Shipwreck is on alot of peoples list, its funny, I always thought he wasnt a well liked character. I always felt I liked an odd Joe.

Aslo
>Firefly
How the fuck did I forget this guy? What was the name of the jungle sniper, I remember he had a recent release with a neat rifle and plant stuff that covered him?
>>
>>8339376
Nah, man. He was probably the best character on the cartoon. He just didn't get a lot of play in the Marvel comic and only had the two vintage figures. I think the lack of reprints/rereleases of the character made him look less desirable. Lord knows I thought the same thing about Beach Head growing up.

That was called the Jungle Viper, by the way.
>>
File: IMG_20200805_112637.jpg (108 KB, 632x843)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Well I had an interesting morning. Went to a Target looking for Cobra Troopers, left with Gung Ho. Got the run around about the street date on the Troopers, but the Wave 2 stuff had no issue. Aside from them limiting it to a single figure per customer.
>>
>>8339376
I feel like Shipwreck will be either in the next wave or part of whatever the Walmart Exclusive wave will be.
>>
>>8339021
>Joes
Shipwreck
Rock 'n Roll
Stalker
Clutch
Lady Jaye
Cover Girl

>Cobras
Firefly
Major Bludd
Zartan
Zarana
Zandar
Tomax & Xamot
Night Creepers
>>
>>8339379
Ironicly, I came back since these figures are the same scale as my Marvel legends and Mythic legends.
>>
I want Lady Jaye and Flint, after watching the episodes on youtube i find them cute together... From cobra i would like zarana and firefly
>>
>>8339376

Shipwreck is awesome in a weird way. He's a sailor and a SEAL and a legit badass on a team of badasses. Even the cartoon, his voice and the fact that he was always around makes him memorable. I always thought Shipwreck was the fourth or fifth most recognizable Joe, just behind Snake Eyes, Duke, Beachhead and Gung-Ho.

Plus, he had that parrot.
>>
If they do accessory packs, I’d really like to see some alt hands included, and maybe some alt heads that give some more expression to these characters.
>>
Is the Hasbro Pulse Snake Eyes ever coming back? I heard something about October but I have no idea
>>
Fuck yes. I was expecting to get him next week sometime.
>>
>>8339544
You mean the Deluxe one? Mine is on its way right now, but are you asking if they will do another re-issue of him? Because I think that will probably be a no.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (58 KB, 512x404)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>8339477
They're not doing accessory packs, this is Hasbro. We'll get a rerelease with a new head or hands
>>
The people getting their hands on these absolutely do not deserve them
>>
>>8339544
Highly doubtful. It had a significant pre-order window. The October date is most likely for the other shipment going to people who ordered him later.
>>
>>8339585
What's pissing me off is how people are finding wave 2 at retail stores already yet Pulse and Amazon isn't showing them until November. Why is there a 4 month difference?
>>
I really hope they do another deluxe style figure that comes with the JUMP and maybe launch pad if they up it to a Riders style release.
>>
>>8339590
Because fuck us lol!
But at least I won't need to deal with the whole hunt for them.
>>
>>8339590
Amazon doesn't have lazy ass stock boys putting out product early. They have a date in the system and its automated enough that it won't get broken.
>>
>>8339590
If its any consolation, the Target I went to that had wave 2 was only letting you get 1 figure. Not 1 each, just 1 period. And I wasn't going there for Wave 2 it was just a happy coincidence. And also really funny because the guy wouldn't let me get any Troopers because of the Street Date, but the figures that shouldn't be out for another 2-3 months were cool to sell.
>>
>>8339607
>1 per customer
You can just walk back into the store and keep buying one at a time, right?
>>
Are the target exclusive stuff ever gonna come out to other sources like Entertainment earth or bbts?
>>
>>8339738
Have they ever before? If Hasbro was smart, they'd ensure they were
>>
>>8339738
You do know what exclusive means, right?
>>
File: MVIMG_20200805_151258.jpg (662 KB, 2028x3037)
662 KB
662 KB JPG
Show me your Joes walkin'
>>
>>8339560
>>8339587
I figured as much but I'll keep my ears open. Missed the whole window because I was on vacation. Guess I'll just have to eat the aftermarket cost at some point
>>
>>8339842
>Missed the whole window because I was on vacation
Nice! Memories like that are bigger than plastic army ninjas.
>>
File: 20200805_184210.jpg (920 KB, 2452x2128)
920 KB
920 KB JPG
>>8339820
>>
>>8339700
Maybe if the guy handing them out of the box was different. This guy seemed to know about collectors and scalpers and stuff. He was giving me the run around about the Street Date on the Cobra Island figures. Saying the Street Date is the 16th, I told him it was suppose to be like the 27th, then the 1st, he acknowledged that, but said it was now the 16th. The case the figures was in had a handwritten note from management about 1 figure per customer. Really nothing short of having another person get it from the guy was going to get it from him. On one hand, I'm glad someone is trying to help mitigate scalpers, but on the other, I think limiting it to a single figure period is fucking annoying. I'm not asking for 2 Gung Ho or CC, I just wanted 1 of each.
>>
>>8339842
The deluxe package is cool and all but there''s nothing you'll really be missing in a year or two when Hasbro reuses the weapon stand with some other release. You could always repaint a retail Snake Eyes to match the Pulse version and all the weapons sans spear come with the Red Ninja. Your vacation was probably a better investment.
>>
>>8339876
That sounds like bullshit. I hate how it's different from store to store too. Some people are lucky to walk out with cases where others are getting scraps or are being limited. I hope Hasbro pays attention to their social media because they have been getting hammered by people about this situation, so hopefully they are pumping more out to keep shipping or never do this again without throwing some up on Pulse too.
>>
>tfw Beach Head is a Chad
>>
Anyone happen to know the DCPI numbers for Wave 2?
>>
>>8340030
No, Beach Head is ugly, that's why he wears the mask
>>
File: Croc_Master.jpg (50 KB, 360x450)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>8339021
>>
>>8340031
>>
>>8340030
That doesn't look to bad. I was thinking of repainting a Yondu head for an unmasked Beach Head. Not so sure now.
>>
J Hernandez's stupid ass really has ruined everything
>>
>>8340043
Awesome, thanks dude.
>>
File: christ-almighty.jpg (342 KB, 1080x1350)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>
>>8340123
What a scumbag
>>
>>8340123
>>8340126
>tfw trying not to buy a second trooper on ebay for $55
>>
>>8340144
Shit I’m over here with 3 wishing I got 4
>>
>>8340148
Off ebay or found in store? My store was wiped clean of everything at once, and employees say they're "discontinued" and only got 6. I really want to wait and see what happens on the 14th
>>
File: IMG_20200805_175036.jpg (122 KB, 677x903)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>8340030
>>8340038
>>8340060
I think we all know which head makes for the best unmasked Beach Head.
>>
>>8340123
this is the ACBA future you chose
>>
File: karloff.gif (1.3 MB, 500x256)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB GIF
>>8340123
>>
>>8340162
Yeah as someone who desperately wanted Joes in this scale for the past few years, I'd rather not have them at all if this is the norm going forward. Also we're gonna regularly get autistic shit like this >>8340160
>>
>>8339477
>I’d really like to see some alt hands included, and maybe some alt heads that give some more expression to these characters.

This should be standard considering they're charging the same as Marvel legends which first have a licensing fee which Joe doesn't and they also include BAF parts which Joe also doesn't. An extra pair of hands bare minimum should be expected.

>>8339565
>They're not doing accessory packs, this is Hasbro.

They did one for Transformers that included a redeco of a previous figure. If they'll do one for Transformers on Pulse, there's no reason why they won't for GIJOE also. They could do a urban redeco of Beach Head and include a bunch of vintage style weapons in the pack.
>>
>>8340162
Sure is
>>
>>8340153
In store, I work there
>>
File: fun police.png (361 KB, 512x512)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>8340176
>>
>>8340320
If you think a severely overdone headswap is "fun", than yeah, fuck fun
>>
>>8340324
>severely overdone headswap is "fun"
I don't. I think its funny because he and Beach Head have the same smirk. Just because you don't like having fun with your toys, doesn't mean you have to shit on people who do have fun with them.
>>
>>8340293
Uggggghhhhhh why
Why the Deadpool
Why are the troops just standing
Why is he holding Lego dynamite
Whyyyyyy
>>
>>8340324
You are such a little bitch. People shove figures up their assholes, don't fucking spend an ounce of thought on what other people do with their toys.
>>
>>8340123
When Hasblow sees stuff like this, and the same toys selling for triple MSRP, what conclusion do they draw? Does the consideration that they fucked up big time ever occur, or do they just shrug it off like “welp, there’s 12 more we sold”
>>
>>8340123
What a nigger.
>>
>>8340162
What do they have to do with anything?
>>
>>8339376
I would unironically vote for Sunbow Cobra Commander.
>>
>>8341104
>>8341104
>>8341104
>>8341104

New Thread! GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.