[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

So, is Masters of the Universe dead on arrival? We got no new info on the toys, the movie might be cancelled and the last hope are two cartoon reboots and one of them is from Kevin Smith while the other from Batman TAS and Trollhunters team. Any hopes for the franchise? Was pandering to nostalgia fans a mistake? Should've just reboot with the cartoon from day one?
>>
I saw Bigbad has the Power Con exclusives up for pre-order. Is that even happening still with the virus going on?
>>
boomer shit doesn't sell
>>
>>8146296
>math is hard
ok Zoomer
>>
>>8146339
Toys R Us is dead. Americans don't buy toys anymore.
>>
>>8146293
https://thepower-con.com/2020/05/powercon-postponed/
>>
I hope it's not DoA. I wanted Origins.
>>
>>8146372
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGVbmxIIEkE

here are some pez toys
>>
>>8146372
still slated for a 2020 fall release
>>
>>8146293
>>8146345
Yes lets cancel this event that takes months after the lockdown ends, fucking idiots
>>8146415
Fuck mattel for waiting till fucking fall to release these, but they can bring out those shitty wrestling figures no problem
>>
>>8146153
Should have just released the new netflix series and made toys based on it to reignite the brand.
>>
>>8146606
WWE is more popular than MotU. They're planting the seeds for that style of action figure. And if you call those shitty what does that make Origins? They're the same figures, just based on different characters.
>>
>>8146153
I wouldn't say DOA, more like "postponed" if anything. The toys had a hard enough time making it to market before the virus, imagine how much of a pain it will be now. Moreover, who's to say the stage in development and manufactury the toys were in at the start of this mess. As for the movie, the last we heard of it is that Netflix bought out the project. For all we know it's incomplete, and Netflix may have to pony up the other half of the budget. All I'm saying is keep things casual, we're not dealing with normal circumstances here.
>>
>>8146611
>netflix

after how they treated shera, fuck off
>>
>>8146293
Jesus these things are way too fucking expensive. It's a shame because this Man at Arms looks so much better than the regular.
>>
>>8146715
The regular one's head is so damn wide it looks pathetic. You'd think with He-Man's updated head, that would be the style in which MAA head would be sculpted.
>>
>>8146293
>>8146153
Are these the Super7 Figures? I am thinking about getting the Turtles, but fucking $50 for 5 PoA toys seems damn steep. Are the Super7 MotU figures worth it?
>>
>>8146730
It's Mattel. Super7 lost the license. Mattel is making Motu toys again.
>>
>>8146724
Right? Anyway, I broke down and preordered this set. Then I'll wait for retail to get a Skeletor. He's the only one that looks not great here.
>>
>>8146730
it's the MOTU Origins line that's supposed to be coming out later this year.
>>
>>8146737
>>8147118
Oh well, did any of you buy the Super7 toys or were they overpriced shit?
>>
>>8147122
Overpriced shit desu, lots of quality issues.
>>
>>8146153
>NEW HE-MAN TOYS
>it's the same 80s things again
im sick of 80s he-man
>>
>>8146415
Plus, they keep spamming their social media accounts with pics of the Origins line, asking dumb questions like “how do you play with your MOTU” as though people have them in-hand.
>>
>>8146153
Definitely postponed. I was hoping to see more MOTU shit in stores besides the same Stratos Mega Construx again and again.

>>8146293
>they actually look great
>54$ a figure
Now that's a bruh moment. Just want that Merman and Beastman so that sucks.
>>
>>8147271
I don't understand how they priced these at $50+ each ($40 each if you're there in person). Add an exclusive tax and they should still be no more than $20 each. $100 for the set and it would surely be sold out already, rather than meandering at 35% on BBTS and 20% in their own extra stock. Between this and the SDCC exclusive which so few got, the Origins launch hasn't exactly been ideal.
>>
>>8147344
Aren't retail Origins figures supposed to be 10$?
>>
>>8147355
$15 actually.
>>
>>8147344
Well now since everyone is a non attendee for Power Con, you get raped up the ass on shipping. US shipping on that set came out to $267 for me so I might as well buy it from BBTS and use pile of loot and only pay $4 shipping with my Thundercats. She Ra with shipping is about 58. It really boils down to being produced in small quantities for a fan con. You ever seen the Joecon or Transformers Botcon stuff? A $20 deluxe TF went for about $60+ there. The set is supposed to come in a remake of the old carry cases from the 80s that folded out.
>>
>>8147538
This is a pic of what the inside looked like. From the descriptions it sounds like it’s imitating this. All new artwork by that guy who’s doing the cardbacks and the SDCC set from last year. He’s pretty good so it should look decent. He’s also doing the She-Ra box art that folds into a comic like last years set too.
>>
Rumours are that Scott “toyguru” Neitlich I had been releasing these YouTube videos to put together with his presentation to Mattel to rerelease classics at retail. Wants to capitalise on motu resergence, new cartoons, new movie. Releasing exact same versions with extra accessories for new fans and to get all the old collectors to buy them all again. Shame on You Scott
>>
Not "exact same". they have modern articulation with ball joints instead of rubber bands. I'll get them if they are priced decently.
>>
>>8147692
Classics are outdated. If they want to bring in that ML price point figure then they should start fresh.
>>
>>8147915
They don’t have 300 plus figures tooled allready with modern articulation. They are reusing all the old stuff and only where moulds are damaged will they retool
>>
200X throwback line when.

Or something based on the aesthetic of the upcoming series. Just please, no more squatting '80s shit, it's been done to death.
>>
You'd know what could be cool? If the bootlegs license (if there's one) get bought out by Mattel and remade for the Origins line under a spinoff.

>>8147355
>>8147344
Yeah....really doesn't help Mattel when they're being this greedy. They're really banking on the nostalgia collectors to slurp it up.

>>8147538
>>8147547
I get it, yeah. It's still a spicy pill to swallow.
>>
So, are we gonna get toys based on the netflix shows?
>>
>>8147384
Nobody will pay 15$ for them. 10$? Sure, that's a fair price but 15$ doesn't look worth it for what you get.
>>
>>8149876
How? They look better than the 1:18 Fortnite figures and those go for $13. These are bigger and have more accessories.
>>
Snake men when? Will they release in Europe or no?
>>
>>8146743
You're sinking your toy budget into this and somehow Skeletor isn't one of the stand-outs to you? I love his gradient bat symbol.
>>
>>8147989
I would love Galaxy Warriors Origins. It'd be cool if Lanard got them somehow.
>>
DoA?
>>
Uh MOTU bros
>>
>>8146710
The writing team is responsible for that, not netflix.
>>
That "Power of Grayskull" documentary on Netflix was a really fun watch. Covers a lot of the same stuff the Toys that Made Us did in some respects, but you do get a nice look at concept art for characters, and I enjoyed that.
>>
Is Panthor confirmed for Origins?
>>
>>8153322
I'd wager he'll happen, since he'll probably be a parts re-use of Battle Cat. They've stated that they're tinkering with ideas for a Castle Grayskull, if the line is a success, so a Panthor wouldn't be out of the question.
>>
>>8146341
This, I don't even know what to buy my kid's for Christmas anymore, they just want fucking roblox vouchers.
>>
>>8146341
>>8153352
I worked at Toys R US. Kids bought toys, they just don't buy the toys adults and toy companies try to shove down their throats. Kids were buying lots of wrestling figures, Beyblades, TMNT, Transformers, Legos, and Marvel stuff. Some toys are priced out of their reach though, such as Marvel Legends. Parents are cheap as fuck and toys cost more nowadays, so Hasbro makes all of those crappy budget toys. Soccer Moms don't like dropping $20 on a single action figure. Generally speaking kids buy toys of properties that they know and are aware of, such as toys based on a movie.

Now, what happens if a movie does poorly or underperforms, or is just generally disliked? Then toys don't sell. We had lots of Justice League and Wonder Woman toys at Toys R US, along with lots of Star Wars toys just lingering on shelves, which kids didn't seem to want. And then when we declared bankruptcy, I kept hearing people say, "maybe kids just don't like toys anymore?" A major problem here is that toys need to have media tie-ins, such as a movie or a cartoon, but CN, Disney, and Nickelodeon don't really play action cartoons anymore, and if they refuse to air your cartoon, then you can only rely on Netflix or some other streaming service. Your only other option is to make a movie tie-in like Hasbro does with Transformers.
>>
>>8146153
Dead on arrival? How many goddamn times can we buy the same fucking figures.... how many fucking He-men and Skeletors fo I fucking need. Jesus christ cant they fucking make any different version of these? It's either exact copy of the 80s version or goddamn articulated but made to look like the 80s version and the third option is looks a bit more modernized but is fucking 250 goddamn dollars!
This shit is stupid.
Hell the best motu line is mega construx
>>
>>8153383
Also I think all the media for He-Man being on Netflix will be detrimental. Are there any cartoons geared toward children on Netflix that are as successful as anything on regular tv? You have two shows- one being a series, and another which sounds more like a mini-series, and then you have the live action movie, which seems to have fallen into development hell, primarily because Sony was handling the project and Sony has a bad track record as of late, producing the previous Ghostbusters reboot, then MIB: International, and many other stinkers. The movie is also written by the same writers who did MIB: International. Sony has also felt the movie would be absolute shit and isn't going to release it in theaters, and is instead popping it on Netflix.
>>
>>8153409
Voltron is the only series I can think of that had any toy success.
>>
>>8153434
Not all that successful. They cancelled all the interesting 5" villains after the first wave, and that line floundered. After the main lions came out, and the classic one, that was it.
>>
>>8153398
I will buy them
>>
So are those Mondo figures crap? I was just wondering what the hell could justify a $175 price tag. That new Mer-Man head sculpt is awesome though. I'd definitely buy one of those $15 figures if it had something like that.
>>
>>8153409
>the movie is also written by the same writers who did Transformers The Last Knight
Ftfy
>>
>>8153409
I think the movie might get new directors, the pandemic stopped the filming. Maybe Sony changed their plans. I don't think Mattel will let Sony drop it on Netflix, Mattel really needs a good theaters motu film to relaunch the only boys line they have or they will go bankrupt.
>>
>https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1122794-sonys-masters-universe-begin-production-this-summer
Is it still happening?
>>
File: 1589718307061.jpg (532 KB, 683x1025)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
>The Batman designer works on this show
We are gonna get some kickass redesigns.
>>
>>8157915
its gonna be pozzed sjw pc crap like shera and the tumblrinas of pozzed
>>
>>8157917
That show was done by Dreamworks though. Also, it got a good team behind it. Now fuck off dykera faggot
>>
>>8157920
heman is gonna end up like voltron, pozzed and forgotten
>>
>>8157915
>The Batman
Oh no, we're going to get some horrible redesigns.
>>
>>8157943
How? The Batman redesigns were cool
>>
>>8157946
it'll flop
>>
>>8157946
Nooo, they definitely were not. Everything from Joker, to Bane, to Freeze, just terrible.
>>
>>8157946
If you ever have wondered how people can have such shitty taste, now you know.
>>
>>8157605
I don’t think so. And I don’t think anyone cares. Back in the days of subscribing to Classics, most fans wanted a movie. Not cause it would be awesome, they expected it to be dog shite. It was just going to be a sacrificial lamb for getting more toys and getting figures to retail. Now that Toyguru isn’t holding back with his details he’s dropping. He said on a podcast recently he’s read all the 18 scripts they had come in and none of them were any good.
>>
>>8157915
Isn’t this supposed to be a new continuity minus Filmation elements so Mattel doesn’t have to pay royalties anymore?
>>
>>8157961
Well, I'll give you Joker, but other than that those other characters were pretty good unless you're nostalgia-fag for TAS.
>>
>>8158048
Not that guy, but Riddler was fucking trash looking too.
>>
>>8153398

You don’t like where we’re headed with the new toy line?

I think I heard the same podcast anon mentioned above. Toy guru flat out said this line is gonna fail hard!! He said someone from Mattel saw the savage Funko line and threw this together on spreadsheet. Hell the real lifeblood to MOTU, the Four Horsemen didn’t even know they were doing this TIL it was announced. I think once it gets past the nostalgia fags buying them up and when it hits regular stores with figs no one will buy since they already have them, it will be another dead line for Mattel and they’ll go crawling back to classics.
>>
>>8158130
They already abandoned classics to Super7.
>>
>>8158090
Clayface is passable, Croc is hot, Penguin is okay, Scarface was...a reference, so, okay...
>>
File: 20200517_121627.jpg (619 KB, 1080x2115)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
Is this worth it? $170 for a classics figure is a bit steep..
>>
>>8158046
It's a hard reboot of Motu. Orko is not in this hard reboot, they want to rewrite the lore like transformers always does, add new stuff, dump bad stuff such as Orko.
>>
>>8157953
How? The Batman ran for 5 seasons and the toys sold.

>>8158036
I know, you have shit taste and you are retarded too.
>>
>>8158130
There are a lot of strong delusional points in this statement...
>>
>>8158040
>literal who YouTube guy knows things about movie industry
Yeah, fuck off
>>
>>8146153
REALLY hope it's not. Want the new show to come out soon so it and War For Cybertron can BTFO of CN and Man of Action with their "toy-based/action cartoons should be either replaced unfunny Family Guy-lite bastardizations (Teen Titans Go, Thundercats Roar) or entirely half-assed and made only to appeal to kids and sell toys (Power Players).
>>
>>8158130
>toyguru
LITERALLY WHO? A faggot like you? Fuck off and kill yourself retard
>>
Toy guru? more like toy Who
>>
>>8158207
everyone likes batman, no one cares about heman
>>
File: 20200517_122924.jpg (719 KB, 1080x1920)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>>8158196
Holy shit
>>
>>8158225
He-man was pretty popular thanks to 200x. No idea how they fucked it up...
>>
File: 20200517_122942.jpg (659 KB, 1080x1920)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
>>8158196
>>8158231
>>
>>8158233
both the toyline and show bombed. no one gives a FUCK about heman
>>
>>8158130
>left Mattel in 2014
>somehow he knows what happens there in 2020
Anon, he is just angry he got fired by Mattel, he never left because he wanted to, they fired him. That he left because he wanted to is just to look good.
>>
>>8158238
Why are you here then? Leave faggot
>>
>>8158255
for toys, not shitty cartoons led by kevin smith
>>
>>8158233
Too many He-man/Skeletor variants per case, shortpacking of other characters killed the toyline. Toyline dying killed the show. I kinda wish they were bringing the 200x series back instead of continuing the filmation story.
>>
>>8146153
>Trollhunters
Am I a retard for liking this show? I acknowledge the last few episodes sort of shat the bed
>>
>>8158298
I talked about the cgi one from Trollhunters team not Kevin Smith. I hate him
>>
>>8158375
>Trollhunters

another netflix flop!
>>
>>8158381
>Trollhunters
>flop
Imagine being so retarded like you. How do you live this way?
>>
>>8158398
trollhunters is a flop
>>
>>8158381
It’s such a flop they’re coming out with the third part to the Trollhunters cartoon cinematic universe in July
>>
>>8158419
where are the toys? ninjago gets new toys every three months
>>
>>8158422
Not every show is made for toys. Trollhunters is Guillermo Del Toro artistic project. Fuck off
Ninjago is garbage btw. Kys faggot
>>
>>8158424
>Not every show is made for toys.

then fuck off /co/ fag, this is /toy/. toys come first.. trollhunters is a flop
>>
>>8158424
>Fuck off
>Ninjago is garbage btw. Kys faggot
>I am a stupid fucking /co/ fag and need to spread my tumblr aids all over /toy/

Rule 1. Toys, Toys, Toys.
>>
ninjago has toys. no one gives a fuck about troll hunters. will nu heman flop like voltron the floptastic defender or succeed like based ninjago?
>>
I feel sad about He-Man. I was never a mega-fan of it but I did watch the 2000s remake as a kid and thought it was pretty damn cool. But the fact that the series has all those awesome designs and ideas, and yet the BEST toys for it are really kinda weak (basically worse MLs) that are inexplicably worth a fortune on the aftermarket really fucking sucks. Shame there is absolutely no way on Earth other companies could make figures of the characters too, imagine a Revoltech Skeletor.
>>
>>8158429
>>8158426
Why are you retarded? He Man will be a success. COPE harder faggot
>>
>>8158492
of course heman will be a success, itll have toys on shelves unlike nushera, trollhunters and voltron. netflix can't do anything right unless its a legacy franchise
>>
>>8158435
>ninjashit
GO back to Lego general faggot
>>
>>8158500
ninjago was able to get a movie in theatres. why is it taking mattel forever to release their new movie to theatres? did corona fuck it up for them?
>>
>>8158511
Mattel are retarded, why do you suck Lego cock so much? You know they sold their soul to China with Monkie Kid, right?
>>
>>8158526
Don't be so jealous the chinese are much more efficient and universal plans on releasing five more ninjago movies. its netflix cartoons the best heman can do given how much love the franchise has? or did the big mean chinaman take away all the resources thus preventing americans for making anything new and exciting anymore?
>>
>>8158533
>5 more
Ninjago movie flopped at the box office and lost the studio money
>>
>>8158552
flopped because it wasn't faithful to the source material. ninjago isn't pozzed sjw pc bullshit like TLM2 was
>>
>>8158196
damn had one a few years ago and sold it for like $30, should have waited.
>>
I'm gonna get Skeletor, He Man, Evil Lyn, Teela, Trapjaw, Mer Man and Beast man.
>>
>>8158196
>got Scare Glow for $75 several years ago. Even that was steep.

JFC, why are those prices so autistic?
>>
>>8158236
This is like a vicious cycle of abuse you see in kids that were beaten and grow up to also be violent.

Accept the original abused is MattyCollector.
>>
Super7 was never good. Super7 is like a disease. Fuck them. Classics suck btw. Lots of qc issues.
>>
>>8158583
Skeletor, He-man, Teela, Evil-lyn, Scareglow. The sky-sled. Mer-man if I can get his minicomic styled head. I missed out on Classics for the most part.
>>
How much will be Origins? 10$?
>>
File: 1376624.jpg (34 KB, 540x383)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>8158204
>Orko
>bad
>>
>>8158236
>>8158231
>>8158196
Probably people trying to cash out before the new set and inevitably a new Scareglow is released with more availability and a lower price tag.
>>
>MOTU has a bunch of barefoot male characters
>no barefoot female characters

This fucking sucks
>>
>>8159691
$15.
>>8159920
A whole lot of THIS. It has already been confirmed that Scare Glow will be rereleased in the Origins line, which lies somewhere between Vintage (size and proportion) and Classics (articulation and accessories).
>>
>>8159936
>15$
Is that price fair for what you get?
>>
>>8159951
Personally, I'd wait to have one in hand before judging, but here's my two bits. They appear to be more solidly made than the Super7 Neovintage line (because they're actual TOYS, and not "Adult Collectibles"), with roughly the same amount of articulation as Classics (minus the ab crunch). Paint looks simple, but vibrant, with the only real sticking point for me being Skeletor's boot tops (they need to fix this). Orko actually comes mounted on a clear, hinged stand (see pic). The line looks like fun, the only real problem I see being distribution: the first wave is Wal-Mart exclusive, opening up to other retailers with wave 2 in 2021.
>>
>>8159931
Does it though? In the vintage line, even the barefoot men had boot foot sculpts. Hell, beastman doesn't have toes on his vintage figure.
>>
File: D_3b2unU0AASVfh.jpg (147 KB, 675x1200)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>8159967
Or his Origins figure (seen here). Christ almighty, what's with the shit spray on the chestpiece? But yeah. All hail the return of sockfeet figures! Stratos will probably have them too (when they get around to him).
>>
>>8159976
>shit spray on the chestpiece
I can check on my vintage fig, but I think that's accurage to the original. Kek.
>>
>>8159978
Accurate. Dang my big fat thumbs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOmIuIIUwhI
>>
>>8159962
>first wave is Walmart exclusive
That's retarded, I'm Eastern European... Does this mean we have small chances of getting Motu Origins? We had the 200X series here.
>>
>>8160017
This, I cannot say, as Mattel's so far been frustratingly mum about international distribution.
>>
>>8160047
europoors don't deserve toys
>>
>>8159931
Queen Veena is barefoot with greaves.
>>
Looks like some Latin and Spanish retailers are pre ordering for October release. It’s a Bubba Mart exclusive in the US but not elsewhere in the world.
>>
>>8160667
America first.
>>
>>8159920
>>8159936
But it won't be the classics one. Don't get me wrong, I ain't paying $170, but I'd rather have the Classics than an Origins figure
>>
>>8160050
COPE ameritard as corona kills your population
>>
>>8158601
>>8159920
Yeah, thats very likely the last time you'll ever see an articulated Scareglow figure in that scale and level of detail again. MOTU is basically over, and the reboot stuff with just recycle the first 3 years with new designs.
>>
>>8160668
America sucks.
>>
>>8160711
Yup. Even the new G.I. Joe 6” line is taking the America out of its title and designs.

A place called Comics Barcelona has the whole Masters wave up for PO. 18.95 Eurobucks per fig. So looks like you won’t have to go to ASDA to get your MOTUO fix, It’ll have full European distribution.
>>
>>8160883
G. I. Joe will focus on Snake Eyes. Scrneecap this.
>>
>>8160883
Huh. Never noticed that. Isn't the tagline literally "a real american hero"
>>
>>8160893
Yeah it’s really evident on the newest series. The logo looks the same with the stripes coming off the E but it’s always a solid colour. White, silver, black, never the red, white & blue. Also their new symbol is a star with the stripes coming off it. The new description on the packages is they’re a global on demand special mission force. Secret international elite operatives was thrown around a lot at NY Toy Fair which shouldn’t be a problem, it’s always been full of international characters.

I think that’s totally correct on the whole series focusing on Snake Eyes. The Arashikage symbol is everywhere. It’s only the first wave and there’s 2 Snake Eyes figures already. It sort of is loosely tied into the movie coming out. Waves seem to be like Marvel Legends with comic and movie figs.

Superman already addressed dropping America in the early 2000s. I think it was Superman returns where Perry White mentions he stands for truth justice and all that other stuff instead of the American way. It’s a global world now!!
>>
>>8146153
I always thought He Man was gay as fuck
>>
>>8146153
What if Skeletor and He Man kiss in the new animated series? How will fans react?
>>
>>8161284
yeah he is, that's why i like He man

i have blown some cum loads to gay fan art of him
>>
File: STL156027.jpg (1.73 MB, 2413x1500)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>8146153
Thoughts on the She Ra toys? And show? I love them.
>>
>>8161324
cancelled and forgotten, fuck off back to /co/
>>
>>8161324
Make your own general, she-ra is a separate brand.
>>
>>8160708
>gives shit to the burger despite all of the old world having rates higher than China at this point
Outside of California and New York, you really can't say much Fritz.
>>
>>8160889
No shit, hasbro wants a spiderman/iron man for their shitty shared universe. Snake Eyes is the most recognizable non-transformers character in their arsenal. Rom and the Micronauts are too niche, they dropped the ball with stretch, and everything else (visionaries,Jem, faux inhumanoids) seems dead in the water.
>>
File: EYUAYivXYAEzKu6.jpg (194 KB, 1242x1021)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
New package pic
>>
File: EYUXPwWWkAMB8AO.jpg (34 KB, 600x397)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>8162279
The set is expected to retail for $30
>>
>>8162284
>$50 CAD
Damn
>>
Any definitive episodes I should watch before the Netflix movie?
>>
>>8162481
>Netflix
>>
>>8162489
I mean the one with Mark Hamill as Skeletor.
>>
>>8162494
why do you even fucking care about the original since you're such a celeb faggot over mediocre voice actors?
>>
>>8162499
Not that anon but if Mark Hamill is a mediocre voice actor, who is a good one?
>>
>>8162507
vic mignogna
>>
>>8162499
As said earlier >>8158211
>>
>>8162511
I REALLY don't give a single fuck about shitty cartoons and want mattel to work on their international distribution for children's toys.
>>
File: 2020-5-19_11-5-33.png (211 KB, 1080x1354)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>8162510
Hmmm
>>
>>8158196
Wait for the origins one faggot
>>
>>8146153
Well lads i did it, i bought the lords of power set. Im sick of waiting for origins to come out and with this ill know ill have it by sept. Plus i dont think mini comic accurate mer man will be rereleased anytime soon so its good i have the lords of power version.
>>
>>8162848
See
>>8160674
>>
>>8162882
Post pics
>>
>>8164898
Don't worry, anon will be back from his travel through time soon to post pics for you.
>>
New photo of Origins Teela
>>
>>8146611
They said they're doing toys for that and the movie and Kevin Smith's series.
>>
File: 502.jpg (37 KB, 600x614)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>8169450
I get this vibe.
>>
>>8169450
I'm not sure how to feel about this. This is probably a production piece, and it looks better than some of the previous prototypes, but I'm not really feeling it either. Maybe it's the ugly joints, or how basic it looks.
>>
>>8164898
I dont get it till may
>>
>>8169450
Looks like a fun toy desu senpai
>>
>>8164898
>>8169708
Fuck meant sept
>>
Why is Classics Fisto so goddamn expensive? I don't get it.
>>
File: 20180129_225512.jpg (1.35 MB, 2560x1440)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>8169811
Yeah I never got that either. He's even a less Iconic hero than say, Man At Arms, and I don't remember him ever having a diehard following. The MOTUC figure is from 2012, the 4th/5th year of Classics, so it isn't even like he's particularly old. And while some of his wavemates are getting more and more expensive, none even come close to reaching Fisto's going price except maybe Castle Greyskullman. Which leads me to believe it's just
>people buy cool looking shit
I mean a bearded guy that comes with both a giant sword and a giant fist? Sign me up (twice)
>>
>>8169947
That's kinda the reason I wanted him for longet than I've actually collected MOTU, honestly. He's like the one regular brown haired guy out there too. And the beard is way cooler than Man at Arms' moustache.
>>
>>8169811
I think he was one of those 2 minutes sell outs day of sale. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>8169811
>>8169947
Are you guys really this dense? He’s so popular because of his meme-worthiness.
>beard
>purple
>massive fist
>Fisto
>clearly signaling the sexual act
>>
>>8170078
There is nothing sexual about MOTU. You have a very perverted mind that's all. I just. I just can't with you right now.
>>
>>8170078
Purple used to be associated with royalty as it was the first colored dye to be used in clothing and it was extremely expensive to cultivate.

Blue had the same associations because blue paints were made from a precious stone, lapis lazuli.
>>
>>8170661
t. s.universe tranny
>>
>>8170588
No one unironically likes MoTU for anything other than gay subtext.
>>
>>8162481
Watch some of the 200x series. Good stuff.

For the original, I know that episodes that Bob Kline was involved with have some well done animation work. Colossar Awakens has less stock footage than most MOTU episodes because he did layouts for that particular episode. But I'm not sure where you can find a list of episodes he worked on specifically.
>>
>>8170664
>gives info on historical facts
>mentions a mineral
>REEE SU

rent free.
>>
>>8170675
>I think with my dick, so everyone else must too.

Says more about you than the MOTU fandom. Have shots like pic related and you choose to focus on the sexual nature of the muscular men. I just see heroes and villians fighting for the fate of the universe.
>>
>>8170675
Look, just because I bought every snakeman because I like muscled reptile men, that doesn't make that true. I bought a bunch of shit I didn't need cause it looked awesome like Scareglow and Galactic Skeletor.
>>
File: 20200525_130312.jpg (1.05 MB, 1412x1446)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>8174979
>snakemen
Based snakebro.
>>
File: 1378769.jpg (33 KB, 540x375)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>8170675
>>
>>8147122
The Vintage Filmation figures are pretty severely overpriced at $20 each but I've had good QC luck with mine. If nothing else they come with a decent amount of accessories and paint (plus the spring feature) to compensate.
>>
In better hands MOTU could have really taken advantage of the Star Wars collapse. The fact that Mattel entrusts their golden boy in the hands of these Hollywood bums really shows what they know. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson after the financial disaster that the original film was. Or at the very least, you'd think they'd have the capacity to choose better talent. It's crazy to me that the best source of MOTU content is limited to just the comics.
>>
>>8169811
A lot of paid subscribers never received him from matty collector. Some were sent a sorceress in his box and were given a refund instead of replacement. After this massive stuff up they strangely never did a second run of him
>>
They should revive New Adventures of He-Man

>Gary Chalk plays He-Man in the series. Chalk is best known for playing Optimus Primal in Beast Wars and would later go on to play Man-At-Arms in Masters of the Universe 200X. Chalk makes for a very good, more serious and less campy He-Man in the series.

>The action is very upgraded, being handled by Jetlag Productions, who employed Japanese and South Korean studios under the name "K.K. C&D," which was actually TMS Entertainment. The fights are exciting and fast paced, and the show is essentially an anime set in the world of He-Man.

Just look at this intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CxVXRzRtM

>Susan Blu, who played Arcee in Transformers was in charge of voice acting for the show.

>Music for the show was by Haim Saban, who later became famous for his work on Power Rangers

>The series has an actual beginning and an ending, which is unusual for an action cartoon back then. Often a show was cancelled with no finale, but He-Man actually defeats Skeletor in the last episode in a final clash and exiles him into outer space. This show was actually telling a story.

The show should have been more well known and more fondly remembered, but for some odd reason it didn't catch on the way the original did. Perhaps because the toys were so different? A number of them lacked the same charm and variety of characters that the original line had with the sculpts, with from what I remember as a child a number of the villains just did not look as cool or memorable in the same way a character like Spikor did. I remember buying Thunder Punch He-Man, because he looked a lot like a classic MOTU figure, but had cool added articulation in his knees and better leg joints. And I also picked up Discs of Doom Skeletor, who looked very rad and had sinister light up eyes, the line then basically ended before I could get any more stuff and they weren't re-running the show, which was lame.
>>
>>8177402
This is what I mean by weird sculpts that were different from the original line.
>>
>>8177402
>The show should have been more well known and more fondly remembered, but for some odd reason it didn't catch on the way the original did.

Most old He-man fans don't want anything beyond their 80s cartoon. They act hostile to fans of anything newer than their series and try to bury anything that doesn't appeal to their sensibilities. Young fans are basically chased off he-man forums because of this so the franchise is going into an aging death spiral as its has no young blood to replenish the fandom.
>>
File: thunder punch he-man.jpg (26 KB, 450x600)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>8177407
At the end of the line they eventually seemed to bulk up the figures and make them more like the original MOTU figures, only with better articulation. They did this for example with Thunder Punch He-Man, who was my main He-Man for many years as a kid. I ended up losing his harness, shield and sword like immediately, and then had to substitute shit for his sword until one day I accidentally broke his leg off.
>>
File: discs of doom skeletor.jpg (357 KB, 1000x969)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>>8177417
Discs of Doom Skeletor. This dude was so cool. Much like He-Man I lost all his weapons and then accidentally broke him and had to use a Scareglow figure to substitute as my Skeletor.
>>
>>8161331

It ended bby
>>
>>8177411
I never understood the hate against New Adventures just because it was He-Man in space, despite that He-Man had been in space numerous times in the Filmation series, and his mother was an astronaut from Earth. There was also lots of sci-fi shit in the series, and Adora was on an entirely different world battling Hordak. So, what was the big fucking deal? It never made sense the way people scoffed at the series.
>>
>>8177423
Another example of how the figures looked at the end of the line. Here they bulked out Skeletor more to make him more in line with the vintage MOTU figures.
>>
>>8177441
Now this is the first Skeletor they released in the line. Just look at how thin he looks and undetailed. He's just so bland. The line suffered in my opinion from these thinner sculpts that just didn't look like MOTU in the beginning.
>>
>>8177423
>>8177441
face torso looks rad on him
>>
>>8177417
Damn his thighs look they are melting and that face! Looks like he's trying hard to push out a turd!
>>
>>8177441
Damn that shit looks wild they should have made that a classics figure
>>
File: crita.jpg (116 KB, 789x1013)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>8177450
>>8177447
New Adventures gets treated like a red headed step-child, so Classics didn't make all the Skeletor looks and they fucked up Crita's figure, but that's just because for some retarded reason, whoever was in charge of the line hated using cloth goods and preferred to use plastic instead, so the cloth on Crita's arms was made of plastic, essentially making her arms completely useless.

>It's not like Crita was an essential character in the show or something

Oh, wait she was. She was the Evil-Lyn of the series.
>>
>>8177411
Not just young fans. Had to dig for this, but a few weeks ago, this was posted. The .org's blacklist function is routinely abused to help "shape" the fandom and remove posters that are considered "annoying" or "problematic" (fans of elements that the majority doesn't like) by isolating them until they just give up and leave of their own volition. This passive aggressive bullshit approach is why I'm pretty much a fan without a fandom.
>>
>>8177464
The Classics figure is also going commanding, so it has that going for it.
>>
File: 1572101488309.jpg (973 KB, 1920x1080)
973 KB
973 KB JPG
I want toys of my lesbians. not even the other new netflix shows are getting any love.

>80's > Classics > Origins
how many times can the same fan buy the same toy
>>
File: 1589593218678.png (327 KB, 408x443)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>8177407
>>8177417
honestly those 2 look bad compared to the original, muscles or not.
>>
>>8177438
I don't hate it, but it has the same issue the DIC G.I. Joe series did (if not worse in the visual change aspect). New studio, new voice actors replacing the iconic voices, new character designs (He-Man looks like a completely different character), and a huge change in setting. Too much was changed at once to the point where it just wasn't He-Man anymore, or was a "Why is this He-Man?" situation.
>>
>>8177854
>visual change aspect
>New studio
>new voice actors replacing the iconic voices
>new character designs
>huge change in setting
>Too much was changed at once to the point where it just wasn't He-Man anymore
at which point do you have to get the hint that it was a new thing and not the old thing?
>>
>>8177862
>it was a new thing
It was just a Flash Gordon ripoff with He-Man characters.
>>
>>8177833
Separate IP. Please start a separate She-Ra thread.
>>
>>8177833
Man, I'd have dug some Mega Construx She-Ra
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (260 KB, 1200x1600)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>8146153
What is the best Skeletor figure and why is it the 2003 McDonald's Happy Meal version?
>>
File: 1537099024809.jpg (1.2 MB, 2048x1536)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>8177966
Sorry my friend, close but no cigar
>>
>>8177978
I saw this guy the other day at Walmart; should I have gotten him? He looks sweet in this photo but irl the face printing was really sloppy

Normally Mega Construx has decent prints, but it looked really smeared/runny
>>
File: 1583775020706.jpg (1.39 MB, 3072x3060)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>8178000
You should! I'd even recommend him if the paint is a lil sloppy. He's a really cute fun little Skeletor, and as a bonus, you can detach the ram skull from his staff and use it as an alternate head!
>>
>>8177651
Wow. That is pretty bad. Especially since that's how school kids tend to push people out of social circles making them outcasts. And you would think geeks would be against that kind of behavior, having likely dealt with it in the past.
>>
>>8177833
They made classics She-ra characters, you dum dum.

There's also a 200x exclusive of her.

And a doll or 2, I believe.

And a remake of the vintage style.

And 2 failed attempts to sell the shitty new design. Go buy one on clearance or hit up ebay.
>>
>>8178025
Nooooo. After the WoW franchise died I said I wouldn't stray into Megablocks again. But that is pretty sick and would look good with a skeletal dragon...
>>
>>8177438
I always pinned the fall of new adventures on two things, the weak designs and the die hard filmation fans.TNA is filled with an abundance of great ideas and concepts that all play out well, but it leaves behind alot of questions too.
From what I recall we never really learned what happened to skeletor's original cronies, the aesthetic of the show is too much of a departure from it's classic iteration (appearing closer to flash gordon than it did conan or star wars),
and alot of the new additions lacked the punch of the classic characters (Flipshot and Hydron come to mind).
I love the premise,"He-man in the future" is a perfect evolution of the concept. By adding more star wars elements to the mix, it really gives you a sense that the world is always evolving and growing. But He-man doesn't look the part,and alot the shit from the original show doesn't carry over. They never acknowledge She-ra or the Horde, or for that matter the bulk of the original cast. That's alot of important information to pass by, especially for the die-hard fans.
Personally, despite enjoying the show (it's a fun flash gordon/john carter esc romp) I wish they had either gone with the "He-Ro" continuation plans, or the other option, the next generation of eternia stuff. I think either of those would have
proven to be more satisfying continuations, because you would have provided something new while acknowledging and respectfully building onto what had come before.
>>
>>8177441
The entire "skeletor is so evil, he had to continue to rely on technology over magic" concept is the coolest shit to me. This figure really portrayed that idea best. At this point in his life, Skeletor is more of a vessel for evil than he is himself.
>>
File: herobiblepage14.jpg (135 KB, 600x757)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
Bumping with this article because it covers the he-ro idea that eventually became new adventures.
http://neftyshouseofrants.blogspot.com/2014/02/he-ro-son-of-he-man-return-of-rant.html
>>
File: 1551575376972.jpg (1.62 MB, 3264x1958)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>8178236
Come back...come back. Aside from the distribution issues, Mega Construx is more fucking amazing now than it's ever been.
>>
>>8177833
Not many times for me. I'm not sure how common this is but if you're a zoomie like me and didn't actually grow up with MOTU, having newer toys even in the older style sure as hell beats paying $80 or whatever for a vintage skeletor that's fully intact.
>>
File: skeletornew.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>8177423
>>8177441
>>8177445
One thing i thought was cool in the cartoon is Skeletor actually got one of those power-ups you would associate with toy exclusive gear, and he kept it. It wasn't a one episode thing, or a power-up he would occasionally use, it just became his new gear.
Similarly I liked how He-man kept his anti-snake gear in the 2002 He-man vs the Snake Men cartoon. I just like to see them make real use out of what would otherwise just be some toy variant that is barely acknowledged in the series fiction.
Also, I can totally understand why people would not like the change in characterization, but Skeletor is such a ridiculous ham in that show that it's hard not to love.
>>
>>8177411
I feel like this is partially responsible for the fall of the 2K how as well. There was a lot of complaint that it "wasn't like the old stuff" and MYP even came right out and said they changed stuff to appease the fans and those fans still walked. Hell just a few years earlier the same thing happened to TMNT. The 4Kids show is an objectively far better show then the 80's version but fan backlash caused them to change a bunch of stuff, ironically away from the original source material, and the fans still dried up and jumped ship.
Fuck. Fandoms.
>>
>>8177651
HISSTank posters reckon the He-man fans are a bunch of sjw losers. Sounds spot on.
>>
>>8178418
I'm not sure about that, aren't SJWs the people who ran the netflix she-ra show that attracted basically zero classic He Man fans?
>>
>>8178418
Quite the opposite, really. Posters who aren't keeping it 100% "family friendly" get shunted and punted into their agelocked "Adult topics" forum all the time.
>>
What?
>>
You heard.
>>
>>8186292
No.
>>
File: EZb5Q5MX0AEq2_T.jpg (113 KB, 585x960)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>
File: EZb5R3UXQAA2LJy.jpg (149 KB, 960x960)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>
File: EZb5PI1XgAIgQ_1.jpg (105 KB, 571x960)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>
File: EZb5OW5XQAA0o3C.jpg (97 KB, 528x960)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>
>>8191540
>>8191546
>>8191548
>>8191549
just release these already, why the fuck are they waiting till the fall
>>
File: EZb5M46X0AAY7az.jpg (99 KB, 536x960)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>
File: EZb5Lc8XgAY6LDw.jpg (120 KB, 531x960)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>
>>8191563
Fall is Walmart exclusive. Worldwide in 2021.
>>
File: BLACK LIVES MATTER.jpg (97 KB, 1008x567)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Mattel, Masters of the Universe, and He-Man.org tweet support in favor of rioters

https://twitter.com/HeManOrg/status/1267549878844035074

https://twitter.com/Mattel/status/1267284518135894017

https://twitter.com/MastersOfficial

https://twitter.com/HeManOrg/status/1267549878844035074

In related news, rioters tweeting support for, raped and murdered a woman:
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/29/woman-found-dead-inside-car-in-north-minneapolis-amid-2nd-night-of-looting-fires/
>>
>>8192047
yep, there goes all faith in the cartoon. I'll stick with anime
>>
File: power-con.jpg (75 KB, 1008x567)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>8192047
Power-Con also endorsing the violence

https://twitter.com/ThePowerCon/status/1267550028396212229
>>
>>8192047
>>8192064
toys?
>>
File: stunning and brave.png (1 MB, 1076x1023)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>8192066
Yes, I believe Mattel used to make toys, now they're activists according to Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimosman/2019/10/22/-mattel-federal-securities-probe-bankruptcy/#3e8ba17a5cb8

>The company, which appears to be grasping at straws with a move into gender-inclusive dolls, is determined to action on its turnaround plan, but it could be too late. The gender-inclusive dolls line (A.K.A. Creatable World) seems to be doomed to fail from the outset, as Mattel’s VP of global brand communications Michelle Chidoni made it one of her last big announcements before she left on October 11 after being poached by Facebook.

>She said, “We understand that this line may not be something that everyone wants, but we hope that there’s something they can relate to.”

Also this is toy-related news. Just because you're an easily offended retard, doesn't mean it isn't.
>>
>>8192072
toys?
>>
>>8192085
Yes, I believe that is an article by Forbes discussing Mattel's financial problems and toy manufacturing. You're very astute anon.
>>
>>8192102
toys?
>>
>>8192105
Yes, I believe we've established it is toys.
>>
>>8192110
toys?
>>
>>8192111
Yes, would you like to contribute?
>>
>>8192113
do I need to donate to BLM first? does heman.org have a BLM fund set up to help black orphans get heman toya?
>>
>>8192117
Why wouldn't they donate Sun-Man toys instead?
>>
>>8169450
The brow ridge is pushing out too far for a woman's face.Can't mattel afford competent sculptors?
>>
>>8169450
face is ugly. gsc should have sculpted it
>>
>>8192128
Sunman MOTUC when?
>>
File: teela.jpg (128 KB, 960x960)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>8192198
Made an attempt at feminizing the sculpt with a overpaint.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.