[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan will be switching to HTTPS by default on March 27th. Please save your settings using the 'Export Settings' button in the settings panel!

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Duke Edition

Previously: >>8022529

So, we got:
>Three Classified reveals and more to come.
>A rumoured 1:18 Joe line from Hasbro.
>Jazwares is only making Domez Joe figurines.

>G. I. Joe archived threads:
>https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/G.%20I.%20Joe%20General%20/
>>
I'm kinda worried about a few characters.

>They'll ruin Stalker by giving him dreadlocks and changing his skull shape again.
>They'll omit the animal companions, making Mutt and Law completely pointless.
>They'll fuck up Spirit somehow, like they did consistently through Modern.

I'm sure there is more to be worried about, and what we have does look nice, but I don't trust Hasbro to do a good job consistently.
>>
>>8041751
>>>They'll ruin Stalker by giving him dreadlocks and changing his skull shape again.
Aw, Resolute and 30th Stalker were go imo
>>They'll omit the animal companions, making Mutt and Law completely pointless.
I doubt they'll get to making them desu senpai
>>>They'll fuck up Spirit somehow, like they did consistently through Modern.
25th Spirit sucked, but the RoC/PoC/50th Billy headed versions were good. 50th especially if you changed his vest for something better.
>>
>>8041763
Resolute/30th Stalker just never felt like Stalker to me. He never felt like a dreads guy, too straight and narrow after he changed his life.

The later Spirit toys are good toys, more TRU and 50th than Marauders, but not really feeling them as Spirit. They never really harkened back enough to be an update to Spirit. 50th probably the closest, could have done with a blue shirt.
>>
>>8041751
I kinda wish the new movie was about Stalker and Snake eyes going to rescue Duke. Dreadlock ponytail stalker was a fine look for him, I just want him to have some actual screen time in the movie, I don't want spirit to appear at all, they will ruin him. .
>>
>>8041751
I'm worried we won't even get my boy Lt Falcon.
>>
>>8042065
I love Lt Falcon FIGURE. I hate what they did to him in the movie. He is a damn Green Beret not an inept that thinks with his dick and needs to 'train' to be able to be elite. If there's ever a media apperence again by him, I wish he gets properly treated; I don't think I own the monopoly on how he should be but something like Snake from Metal Gear (the first game) and Rambo from the third movie.
>>
>>8041768
>>8041796
>>8041763
>>8041751
I changed the head on the PoC Stalker with the 25th one. Much better as I also didn't like dreadlocks on my Stalker.
>>
>>8042129
Yeah. The old Sunbow cartoon you really had to forget that they all had military experience before joining the team. Movie Falcon was basically a raw recruit. In fact, all the Rawhides kinda seemed like that, but he had to grow as a character too. Personally, I just really like his design. The green and black or dark green camo, the shotgun, the big ass knife, and that he's a fairly important character that's a simple brunette instead of black-haired or blonde.
>>
Paramount wants the Russo Brothers to direct G.I. Joe: Ever Vigilant.

The studio is also trying to get Mark Wahlberg to play Duke.

It's unknown if this is based on the leaked Ever Vigilant script from back when this was still a sequel to Retaliation and not a reboot. The movie would have saw the formation of a new Joe team: Daina Janack, Dr. Adele Burkhart, Wild Bill, Barbecue, General Flagg, Doc and Keel-Haul. Tomax and Xamot were the villains the script. You can probably toss out most of that list of Joes if this is tied into Snake Eyes though, so more like: Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes and then whoever else.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/paramount-reportedly-russo-brothers-direct-gi-joe-reboot/
>>
>>8042423
>no ARAH in the new line
What do you mean? There's Duke, Scarlett, Roadblock, Snake Eyes, and Gung-Ho. Unless you mean their outfits. Then fuck off faggot. Where were you when Joe vs Cobra or Valor vs Venom, or fucking Spytroops happened?
>>
>>8042423
>lets spend all this money on new molds, art, promotion, logistics and a movie to finally kill this franchise we invented and put us on the map and made us rich; the stores will cancel more orders but we'll put the blame on the consumers so no one suspects a thing mwuahahahaha
>>
>>8042432
Swishing around in my dad's balls, old faggot.
>>
>>8042508
so you were born after 2005?
>>
>>8042529
Of course! Why else would I throw such an entitled shitfit about wanting toys that look like something from twenty years before I was born
>>
>>8042423
Kys faggot
>>
>>8043214
No one says they're entitled to your money. We'd just like you to stop shitting up the thread reeing about toys not being carbon copies of your nostalgia.
>>
>>8043214
I greentexted what I think your theory is so you can read it and realize how stupid it sounds. I didn't imply anything. Maybe you have autism?
>>
>>8043214
>Nope, they can make what I want if they want me to buy

Good thing nobody cares what you want.
>>
>>8042434
this is unironically what the did for both G.I.Joe movies and threw their hands up and said "WELL NOOBDY WANTS GIJOE ANYMORE OH WELL" when it was such a huge hit with collectors AND KIDS in the 25th retro line that stretched to the movie release.

Like you don't see that kind of explosive growth anymore, then they killed it twice and can't see what they did wrong.
>>
Can we all discuss how based the new design team is? Baroness has a student activist background, now she has a streak of purple hair again.
>>
>>8044309
why not just not do anything then? Why do they have to spend millions to sabotage one of their in-house brands? I'm an idiot please explain.
>>
I just hope they get far enough to put out Cobra Commander before the ARAHfags tank the line.
>>
>>8044309
>this is unironically what the did for both G.I.Joe movies and threw their hands up and said "WELL NOOBDY WANTS GIJOE ANYMORE OH WELL"

That is the exact OPPOSITE of what happened. Hasbro pretty much did everything they could to keep Joes on the shelves, despite the poor reception of the two movies. Hell the original 25th line was just supposed to be a short run of the two initial box sets and some retro carded single figures. But Hasbro saw how popular it was with fans and stretched that line out right up into the movies.

After the first movie more or less flopped and the figures didn't do as well as expected, Hasbro dropped the movie stuff almost entirely and came out with one of the greatest era of G.I. Joe toys to date. Updating and re imagining tons of old characters while loading cobra up with some of the best Troop builders ever. But at this point, they were already losing shelf space.

The death of The Hub and the delay of the fairly bad sequel killed any retailer's interests in carrying the line so all Hasbro could do was once again rely on Toys R Us. They tried hard with the 50th line, coming out with long demanded figures, re-releasing popular troop builders and vehicles, and making everything 2-3 packs helped keep prices somewhat manageable. But the line phased out with a whimper and TRU shortly after it.

The past few years have really been the only years Hasbro HASN'T released G.I. Joe figures since the line started. If they really wanted to kill the damn thing, they wouldn't keep trying to bring it back off it's life support.
>>
File: crap.jpg (25 KB, 474x266)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>8045044
>fairly bad sequel killed any retailer's interests in carrying the line
So we're to believe that retailers had no interest in carrying what used to be the most popular toy line for boys; couldn't even reserve a few pegs for Joe figures, but they have no problem with carrying knock-off brands like Kid Connection whose toys take up an enormous amount of shelf space. How stupid do you think we are?
>>
>>8045289
>Why does Wal-Mart carry it's pwn personal cheap ass brand instead of buying from another company and splitting the profits less in favor of themselves?
>How stupid do you think we are?
You want an honest answer?
>>
>>8045296
Seen this huge cargo plane at Target the other day with a price tag of 59.99. This thing takes up a huge amount of shelf space, but they won't reserve a couple of pegs for Joes? C'mon, man! Give me a break!
>>
File: true hero.jpg (66 KB, 750x563)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>8045299
*forgot pick
>>
>>8045299
>>8045289
Do you not realize that was nearly ten years ago and that the landscape is changing, hence the return of GI Joe? Are you a literal retard? Of course you are.
>>
>>8045314
>the landscape is changing, hence the return of GI Joe
Exactly! The landscape is changing. It has nothing to do with what retailers want. We're going to war soon, so it's time to bring back GI Joe.
>>
>>8045314
The original 12-inch GI Joe figures launched on Feb 22, 1964. 5 months later, on Aug 2, 1964, the Gulf of Tonkin Incident occurred, which lead to the Vietnam War. August 2 (or 8-2).

The USS Maddox was 28 nautical miles from the North Vietnam Coast when it radioed that it was under attack by 3 North Vietnam boats.
Maddox expended over 280 shells in a sea battle.

John Jerome Herrick was an officer in the United States Navy who was commander of the U.S.S. Maddox during the Gulf of Tonkin Incident in August 1964. He died Aug 2 (8-2), 1997.

George Stephen Morrison was commander of the U.S. naval forces in the Gulf of Tonkin during the Gulf of Tonkin Incident of August 1964. He died in 2008 (28, a reverse 82).

Hasbro launches the 3 3/4 inch figures in 1982.

On Aug 2 (8-2) 1990, the Gulf War begins, and it ends on Feb 28, 1991.

In July of 2001, Devil's Due Studios acquired the rights to produce GI Joe A Real American Hero comic series. The first issue launched on Sept 1st, 2001, just 10 days before 9/11.
>>
>>8045532
Correction: The 12 inch figures launched on Feb 2, 1964. (33rd day of the year)

From 2/2/1964 - 8/2/1964 = 182 days
>>
>>8045044
>That is the exact OPPOSITE of what happened. Hasbro pretty much did everything they could to keep Joes on the shelves, despite the poor reception of the two movies.
So it's their fault, because nobody wanted the fucking movie figures.
>Hell the original 25th line was just supposed to be a short run of the two initial box sets and some retro carded single figures.
Right, but it was so popular it sold incredibly well and got almost an entire section to itself at some retailers.
>But Hasbro saw how popular it was with fans and stretched that line out right up into the movies.
They didn't "see" shit, retailers saw it was selling like hotcakes and ordered more, hasbro doesn't have the pull to tell a big box store or TRU "listen you're GOING TO STOCK THIS BECAUSE OF DA FANS" retailers saw the new shit, was shit, and stopped carrying them. The line never recovered from the first hit, and after that they started to build back faith and killed it again with the second movie.
>After the first movie more or less flopped and the figures didn't do as well as expected, Hasbro dropped the movie stuff almost entirely and came out with one of the greatest era of G.I. Joe toys to date. Updating and re imagining tons of old characters while loading cobra up with some of the best Troop builders ever. But at this point, they were already losing shelf space.
Yeah, because the movie stuff WASN'T SELLING. They had to make good shit to sell it again, but it lost half the market at that point and the Marvel universe brand they helped build took over their real estate.

Then they screwed up again with movie 2, because they're out of touch and don't learn.

Nobody gives a shit about the HUB internet shit, again more out
>If they really wanted to kill the damn thing, they wouldn't keep trying to bring it back off it's life support.
They saw the numbers 25th did and wanted to double it with the movie, in their hubris, they failed twice. Lets see if they go for a 3rd.
>>
I wish they'd stop with the Arashikage story. It's become overplayed and boring. I can't think of a series post Sunbow that doesn't have it to some degree. The worst part is, they won't even let the story have it's pay off with 88 and Ninja Force Storm Shadow. I love the idea of Storm Shadow switching sides.
>>
File: 1000 duek.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
As an aside, 1000 toys made some freakish frankenstein Joes, one of Duke and one of storm Shadow.
>>8047794
I don't mind it, I think the issue is that:
1. the series always focus too much on it
2. they never last long enough to get a proper conclusion
3. we never get a consistent team besides the same few core joes to care about

I think if you gave teh series to a guy like Derek Wyatt from TFA and Teen Titans fame, and had him do a couple of seasons, you'd get a proper Joe series that had all teh cartoonish designs, and semi serious plot that you could want. His transformers take was a really well thought out world that we never really got anywhere else in that franchise, and I imagine he could do the same for Joes.
>>
>>8045325
>We're going to war soon, so it's time to bring back GI Joe.

Isn't a war what killed interest in GI Joe before the 1/18 toys became a thing?
>>
>>8047811
The thing is, he cared about Transformers, does he care about Joe?
>>
>>8047840
no.
oil prices did.

Also, Bush's wars in the 00s did nothing to GI Joe's popularity. Only at the very tail end there might have been a problem, but that switch for the larger scale was supposedly because Walmart wanted a more expensive toy to sell instead of the nickel and dimes the two packs were selling at.

Obama's wars did nothing for the success of the 25th, movie, and further lines in the late 00s and 10s. And don't let that anon tell you that the movies sold poorly, because those lines were incredibly well received and Hasbro boasted about their sales. Stores over-ordered the fuck out of the first movie line and it wasn't until near the tailend that they started having trouble selling the left overs, sorta like Attack of the Clones line. Still, stores kept on ordering the GI Joe lines for the Pursuit of Cobra lines.
For the sequel movie, the delay just fucked everything up. Initial sales were great, but stores cursed Hasbro because of Paramount delaying the movie for almost a year and said they wouldn't carry shit later.

in short, wars sell war toys. Also take note when the original GI Joe line started doing the adventure team crap. Shit only happened after the government itself was saying it was going to end its war with vietnam
>>
>>8047852
Do you think a more "realistic" GI Joe would help if it was released in light of a real war?

I'm wondering at what point patriotism and political correctness would come into conflict as far as what the general public would be willing to buy (in the right world event, of course), since obviously that fear of lashback is why we have Cobra instead of some named middle eastern terrorist group.
>>
>>8047852
initial sales of the movie figures sold well, but I distinctly remember the line bombing at stores not too far into the second wave. Compare the movie line to the 25th and Marvel universe line and you couldn't keep them on the shelves, outside of maybe the mcdonalds flamethrower guy, buzzer, and some of the late late MU stuff. Meanwhile in wave 2 of the movie joes, the pegs were flooded with roadblock and peanut head storm shadow, it was so bad I remember roadblock being a meme on here for a bit. after those waves we never got the later waves in in great number at all and most stores downsized. Helix, that predator knock off, low light, and tunnel rat were supremely hard to come by and released as some of the final figures I think they still command a big price today, same as those hard to get 2 packs with midnight shockwave and the night vipers.
>>8047853
>Do you think a more "realistic" GI Joe would help if it was released in light of a real war?
if the sjw types oppose it, it'll get tons of publicity, and then sell pretty well if it's good. Manufactured hate works for advertisement, but if your movie is as bad as BOP or Captain Marvel, you're going to need an extra push to get it to work. All hasbro and Hollywood has to do is not fuck it up and make a good or decent movie, better than the last two and less generic looking.

>I'm wondering at what point patriotism and political correctness would come into conflict as far as what the general public would be willing to buy (in the right world event, of course), since obviously that fear of lashback is why we have Cobra instead of some named middle eastern terrorist group.
We're seeing this shit come to a head with the 2016 electiosn and again now for 2020, PC culture and patriotism as they are cannot co-exist. Joe will not have to deal with the fallout of that though, they just need to coast off the inevitable outrage for being a "pro war" movie.
>>
>>8045305
YIKES
>>
File: cc_generals_01.jpg (2.05 MB, 1600x1200)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
It's crazy to think how much the political climate has changed.
>>
>>8047853
It's not about SJW's really. It's about European countries primarily being pussies and not liking guns or Americanism. They don't like Patriotism in faggot countries like France or Germany and discourage it, and some countries might be turned off that it's so focused on another country's military. And some countries don't like guns at all, so they give Joes more obvious "laser" weapons instead so it's more commercially viable.

Joes are hard to market in some countries.
>>
>>8048333
I think they could do it well enough if they made G.I.Joe the american branch of a world counter terrorism organization. That way you can get things like action force and red laser in there.

You're right that it's mostly other countries who don't like guns and think America is savage despite having higher violent crime per capita and no guns.
>>
File: retro-gijoe-line.jpg (142 KB, 1440x979)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>JOE VEHICLES AND A RETRO G.I. JOE LINE FOUND IN WALMART COMPUTERS

>I REPEAT HASBRO IS BRINGING BACK O-RING JOES

>O-RING JOES ARE COMING BACK!

>HISS TANKS ARE ALSO IN THE COMPUTER

https://news.hisstank.com/2020/03/15/walmart-computer-listings-for-gijoe-retro-line-include-h-i-s-s-tank-68323
>>
>>8048633
I should clarify, myself and others are assuming "retro" means O-ring, but then again it's also POSSIBLE retro COULD mean modern era style joes. I just suspect that retro would mean like the retro Star Wars figures and Retro Real Ghostbusters we got.
>>
>>8048633
How are people going to spin this into Hasbro trying to kill GI Joe
>>
>>8048633
Some of these retro figures cross over with ones used in Classified. Mosquito is Scarlett, so we're getting both a retro version and a movie version, I'm guessing that movie version listed is 6-inch.

Scorpion and Tarantula are Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. Mantis is another name that we've had show up in computers, so I think it has to to be either: Destro, Gung-Ho, Baroness, Cobra Commander, Alley Viper, or Red Ninja from what we can see in the artwork for the Classified line, unless it's something not in the art.

Darkling and Mayfly are also another mystery. Mayfly is another in Classified. None of these are Duke as Duke's name in the computers was Dung Beetle.
>>
>>8048650
By claiming it's just a cheap cash grab, or some other such salty bullshit level of cope.
>>
>>8048658
They still have to remake the steel molds, pay to have everything made, convince retailers to make shelf space for vehicles for something that hasn't been in stores for years based on a cartoon from decades ago

They probably want it to not die this time!
>>
File: Michael GI Joe.jpg (59 KB, 702x477)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>8048692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd0LiVvCNm4

What will Michael's cope be? That Hasbro's being cheap by giving him 100% what he would have wanted, instead of making new o-ring figures in the exact same style but with even more Sunbow accurate details?
>>
>>8048633
I wonder what scale that Hisstank will be. It doesn’t say retro.
>>
File: hiss tank blue.jpg (31 KB, 500x371)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>8048698
I know I was thinking the same thing. Marvel Legends and Black Series have been getting vehicles, and G.I. Joe vehicles were always designed to be scaled down and on the smaller side, so many vehicles like a Hiss Tank would translate very well to a 6-inch line.
>>
>>8048704
That’d be dope.
>>
>>8048695
The same thing he said about the Retro Ghostbusters. "Laziness". Because he ignores everything in the first part of this >>8048692

It's why I prefer Michael Mercy now even if he isn't well liked around here. At least he said "If you don't like the new GI Joe please don't ruin it for the people who do". You know, like an adult?
>>
File: 1582485932562.jpg (233 KB, 696x923)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>8048710
Hiss Tanks are also on the poster...

I wonder if wave 1 is skimpy on Cobras, because we're getting Destro and a Hiss Tank?
>>
>>8048716
> It's why I prefer Michael Mercy now even if he isn't well liked around here
I don’t really understand why. He’s probably the one of the most harmless toy youtubers out there.
>>
File: retro-gijoe-line-1.jpg (103 KB, 1566x413)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>8048704
>>8048698
>>8048710
Shit I was kinda hyped for a 6-inch Hiss Tank, but this is good also. It does indeed say RETRO Hiss Tank on the tag listing for the Hiss Tank. So we will be getting 1:18 Hiss Tanks.
>>
File: retro-gijoe-line-1 (1).jpg (135 KB, 1600x1279)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
So there's 4 different confirmed lines confirmed now:

>Core Line- the main line, presumed 1:18

>Classified- the collector geared 6-inch line

>Titans- the 12-inch shampoo bottle style figures

>Retro- presumed to be o-ring figures
>>
File: quick kick.jpg (46 KB, 632x960)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Custom Quick Kick
>>
File: quick kick2.jpg (75 KB, 906x960)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>
File: quick kick3.jpg (73 KB, 788x960)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>
File: alley-viper.jpg (188 KB, 500x375)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>8047858
My own local stores saw the line selling briskly up until fall/winter, which was around the time the exclusives were supposed to come out.
So it lines up with the exclusives heading into Rosses/Marshalls/etc, because the tailend shit wasn't selling. So that's like 3-4 waves that did sell vs the last 2 not.
Also, you have to remember that stores generally order a fuckton of movie products. Whereas the 25th and MU line got normal sales. IT's hundreds of thousands vs millions.

Also also, the last wave of the 25th wasn't ordered by a lot of stores, as they wanted to prepare for the movie shit.
This affected the 30th line/PoC line as well.

>>8047853
real shit is boring. Sales usually go up for the more fantastical elements are introduced, hence even HAsbro doing neon garbage and making the cobra troopers more specialized and distinct.
Personally, i like boring, but i like muh alley vipers more.

I think Hasbro really needs to stop being afraid of making a good shooter for GI Joe. Let someone be creative with the license, which has only helped grow the popularity of Batman, Spiderman, Star Wars, and brought GI Joe knockoffs like OVerwatch to the limelight.

Does this guy who took pic stilll collect GI Joes or any 1:18 lines?
>>
>>8048832
>Also, you have to remember that stores generally order a fuckton of movie products. Whereas the 25th and MU line got normal sales. IT's hundreds of thousands vs millions.
No doubt, but the thing to remember is this, there was nothing in the four in ch scale for a while at that point, Marvel universe was a failed line at that point and nobody was ordering anything in big numbers.

The thing that was wild is Joe came out of nowhere, and muscled their way into a shelf space almost as big as star wars was, from nearly nothing, and sold well enough it got interest in marvel universe line restarted again. It was a chain reaction of winning that spiraled into the IM2 line, and movie joe. But nowadays it was basically unheard of to come from a low tier nothing toyline into something with competitive space with star wars and marvel.

I still think it was a case of everybody being way too greedy for their own good when the movie line came out, man those figures were mostly garbage outside of the paris pursuit snake eyes and the random raree unreleased 25th figs like Jynx and the storm shadow upgrade.
>>
File: nightadder-04.jpg (42 KB, 452x400)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>8048856
uhhhh?
MU wasn't a failed line yet. Hasbro didn't sabotage that line until like 2015 or 2014. It's around Retaliation came out that we started seeing Hasbro cheaping out on the 1:18 figures and only then did everything start slumping in sales.

Looking back, I think Hasbro wanted to phase out the 1:18 lines because of GI Joe falling out of favor with retailers. It's cheaper to have multiple lines going using similar engineering and without GI Joe, only the MU line had mainstream appeal to shore up sales for 1:18 stuff.
I don't think Star Wars shares factories with either of these lines, but the 3.75" line was petering out during this time too.

Also, I'm SORTA with you on the Rise of Cobra line not having a lot of good stuff, but i sitll liked it. It was more realistic than the normal GI Joe line and that's boring. We still got great figures out of it though, like this guy
>>
I don't know which Storm Shadow costume costume I like most. The original is a classic, the hooded '88 Storm Shadow has a ton of charm, Ninja Force Storm Shadow looks really distinct and makes an impact, but damn, did the movies do something right with 'Yakuza' Storm Shadow.

Tommy probably has the best set of costumes in the line.
>>
>>8048704
>Blue HISS tank
It's been a while, but were they in the Marvel comics and/or in the MASS Device cartoon?
>>
File: 33492.jpg (171 KB, 418x1000)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>8048953
I always liked the Devil's Due era look for Storm Shadow, but I like GI Joe ninjas to be more modern.

I used the Retaliation 3pack version and kitted him up with the comic vs Firefly 2pack version's backpack to sort of make My version of that Storm Shadow.
>>
>>8049031
Nope, the HiSS 2 was Blue
>>
>>8049031
Not that I remember. I use the blue ones for characters like Cobra Commander and Destro.
>>
>>8048883
>MU wasn't a failed line yet. Hasbro didn't sabotage that line until like 2015 or 2014. It's around Retaliation came out that we started seeing Hasbro cheaping out on the 1:18 figures and only then did everything start slumping in sales.
Yeah it was, series 1-2 were dead in the water, it didn't pick up steam till Joe went full steam ahead, and then they had to reissue waves 1-3. This is why Torch and ironman were so hard to come by earlier. Spiderman from wave 2 basically saved the line once people started pairing them with joes, and this eventually led to thinngs like the a team figures, jazzwares MK figures, the assassins creed odyssey figs, crisis 2 figs, and more in that scale. Without joe's runaway success they wouldn't exist.
>Also, I'm SORTA with you on the Rise of Cobra line not having a lot of good stuff, but i sitll liked it. It was more realistic than the normal GI Joe line and that's boring. We still got great figures out of it though, like this guy
Yeah there were a lot of losers, but the few that were great were homeruns. Like Dusty for example kicked ass, and the generic desert soldier. I don't rememeber that guy though, you got a better shot?
>>
File: pissed.jpg (62 KB, 540x405)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>8048650
>How are people going to spin this into Hasbro trying to kill GI Joe
The goal, as always, is to piss us off. This is all a giant cock-tease. They're leading us to believe that we're getting everything we ever wanted, but it will never actually get released because everything will be shut down in order to contain "the virus."
>>
>>8048633
What are O Ring figures????
>>
>>8049195
O-ring was the name of the waist construction of the 80's, 90's, 00's Joes, where the metal pelvic T was tied to the torso using a rubber band.

There's no confirmation of any sort that it's being used again. The label just says "retro". Could be retro look, or just retro as in retro scale, or retro packaging...
>>
>>8049201
>There's no confirmation of any sort that it's being used again. The label just says "retro".
Why wouldn't it be? Transformers has a retro line. Star Wars has a retro line. Real Ghostbusters has a retro line. And G.I. Joe has a line now that says "retro" with a Hiss Tank that also says "retro".
>>
>>8049225
Because installing an O-ring into toys is probably more expensive at this point than just using a balljoint.

Super7 for their MotU Vintage line replaced the rubber bands with a peg and hinge.
>>
>>8049231
Which is far smarter. The O-ring is outdated, wears out, etc. If they're going to remake these figures they're better off making them in a way that stands up to time. And that will also leave vintage collectors happy that their old figures are distinct.
>>
>>8049231
>Because installing an O-ring into toys is probably more expensive at this point
Bruh metal is cheaper than plastic. Only normies think otherwise, because they assume it must cost more because of it's weight.

>Super7 for their MotU Vintage line replaced the rubber bands with a peg and hinge.
That had zero to do with price. That was because the old rubber in their legs was notorious for breaking and being very difficult to replace. Joes it's very easy as long as they have a screw in their back. Only some of the Ninja stuff is difficult to replace o-rings on.

>>8049360
>wears out
They have about a 20+ year shelf life.
>>
>>8049536
Is it not more expensive to involve three different materials in the construction of a joint when you could just make all of it out of three pieces (crotch, two torso halves) of plastic?

If metal was significantly cheaper I have to imagine diecast would still be commonplace in toys.
>>
>>8041735
Will we get captain walrus?
>>
>>8049557
>Is it not more expensive to involve three different materials
no, because the tooling already exists. You're not sculpting new figures or new designs or re-engineering them to have a new hip and waist joint system. They're made of a very cheap and hard plastic, which is why they used it and there were so many cheap knock-offs like The Corps and Bronze Bombers and a dozen others back in the day. The rubber band is also a cheap mass produced item you can get in a hardware store used to fit on pipes. And the metal parts are cheaper than the plastic parts to make, which are pre-made screws, rivets and t-bars that can fit on any G.I. Joe. These figures used to retail for $2-3 in the 90's, they weren't expensive to produce. Even with modern inflation they're still very cheap to produce those types of figures.
>>
>>8049557
Diecast went out of fashion because it's far more brittle and dangerous to use in kids toys then plastic. Plastic parts can be made to disconnect under stress without causing permanent damage, but die cast will snap off with no way to easily fix it.

>>8049536
>They have about a 20+ year shelf life.
If you don't actually play with em. I remember O-rings snapping constantly as a kid. Ball and socket joints similar to the Marauders stuff are a far better alternative because they give better range of motion without stressing out the joint holding everything together.

>>8049798
>no, because the tooling already exists.

Any tooling that exists would have to more or less be reproduced from scratch since that stuff does not last forever and it will degrade over time.
>>
>>8050077
>Any tooling that exists would have to more or less be reproduced from scratch since that stuff does not last forever and it will degrade over time.

I was wondering about this, do we have any actual reason to believe Hasbro even has the original molds? I know this is a bit of a messier situation because of the multiple companies involved, but the G1 Dinobot molds are toast or lost iirc, so I wouldn't be surprised if these molds that were used even more were broken.
>>
>>8050077
I don't think any of my Joe's rings snapped until about ten or more years later, but plenty of thumbs and cocks.

On the tooling, did it go to a company called Funskool? I remember seeing a lot of Joe's available in the early 2000s from them.
>>
>>8050077
>If you don't actually play with em.
Mine from childhood are still good almost 30 years later.
>Ball and socket joints similar to the Marauders stuff are a far better alternative
And? That's neither here nor there on a retro figure.

>Any tooling that exists would have to more or less be reproduced from scratch since that stuff does not last forever and it will degrade over time.
Bro, they still have molds from the 2000's from when they last were making o-rings, it still very much exists and technology is much better. If some retard on the internet can custom cast and produce new o-ring parts and make new o-ring figures and sell them on ebay, why can't Hasbro cast new parts from existing figures?

>>8050081
>Hasbro even has the original molds?
They were still using them during new sculpt era and Funpub used some of the O-ring molds during Modern Era.
>>
File: comicpack76-10.jpg (54 KB, 500x521)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>8049557
>If metal was significantly cheaper I have to imagine diecast would still be commonplace in toys.
Diecast is cheap as fuck, hence hot wheels being a $1 forever.

Plastic is significantly more expensive to mold, because practically everyone uses high pressure injection molding for dat high detail toys have since McFarlane started showing off how much better toys can look.

Diecast can be a cheaper material than plastic and can be 2x less expensive for molds.

Anyway, the o-ring engineering would be more expensive just because their factories would need to retool themselves to start producing that type of shit. It's cheaper to keep their factories the way they are, including not needing to retrain everyone on how to assemble the old style t-hook + o-ring engineering.

>>8049798
current factories aren't set up to do the old style. Plus, if you didn't know, going back to fix up old molds is actually pretty expensive. Back during the GI Joe Vs Cobra line, they had to fight pretty hard to fix up the old molds because of the costs involved. I seem to remember them saying it cost almost as much as just doing a new mold.
>>
Someone on HISSTank was suggesting the idea that the Retro figures might be recreations of the originals using current Corps! articulation, since they aren't susceptible to broken thumbs and crotches.
>>
>>8050891
Meh.
>>
>>8050891
The thumbs and crotches issue can be fixed by making the figures out of a more flexible plastic. They could just use current materials and not have those problems.
>>
>>8050170
>current factories aren't set up to do the old style.
Bro they still have most of the molds. And it's not difficult to recreate missing ones with modern technology.
>is actually pretty expensive.
(citation needed)
>they had to fight pretty hard to fix up the old molds
Which now exist. They can also 3D scan figures now and create new molds off of the original existing figures or even sculpt replacement parts. If a guy at home can 3D print his own parts, I don't understand why some people think Hasbro lacks the technology to recreate the vintage figures?
>I seem to remember them saying it cost almost as much as just doing a new mold.
That was then, this is now.
>>
>>8050891
There's some retards floating around shit on there because they're in denial, since they REALLY WANT THESE TO BE MODERN ERA FIGURES. Despite that it's very likely the figures listed as "CORE" in computers is a Modern Era line based on the Snake Eyes movie.

The same tards kept cross posting here on /toy/ saying "core" was first a 5POA line, then said it was a 5-inch line, then said it was a simplistic 6-inch line.
>>
>>8051030
https://news.hisstank.com/2020/03/07/brand-new-listing-of-upcoming-g-i-joe-figures-including-movie-toys-and-vehicles-68277

From this listing it clearly states that there's a "Core" vehicle and figure assortment for the Snake Eyes movie.

>GI JOE – CORE NINJA FIG AND VEHICLE AST (4)

>https://www.everestwholesale.com/products/h>bgf01355l0
>F01355L0

So everyone in denial about the Retro figures being O-ring because they want new modern era figures is a full fledged retard. They're coming and so are the vintage style figures.

Also correction there is a 6-inch listing for "core" figures too but no indication that they're going to be part of the same figure and vehicle line listed for the other "core" figures.

>GI JOE – CORE 6 NINJA FIG AST (8)

>https://www.everestwholesale.com/products/h>bgf01165l0
>F01165L0
>>
>>8051018
I promise if they do that people will say they "feel cheaper"
>>
so we're just getting 6 inchers and classic o ring style? shame 25th style was great.
>>
File: dukecomicpack24-7.jpg (60 KB, 640x601)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>8050891
The comic packs from the the GI Joe Vs Cobra lines used rubbery plastics on the classic molds. see >>8050170
>>8051028
They actually lost a lot of the molds, which is why there was such a limit on what they've actually reproduced.
As for source, a lot of the 00s websites i went to are gone. I personally have talked with Hasbro reps at conventions about this too, but think about it logically. Molds wear out over time and shit happens as they age as well, including just breaking apart. They've had to go back and physically do shit to the molds to get them to have crisp detail (again).
These are steel molds, so it's not some rubber shit that you can just recast. IF you need to recast it, that's a brand new toy and all the costs associated with it. It's not like the old GI Joes were even done in 3d, so they just can't resend the file to create a new mold. Shit needs to be scanned, modified and all the tweaking that still requires a sculptor to do.
>If a guy at home can 3D print...
Most of that is just simple statueshit or heads. They need to engineer it and take into account the fact that they're using different materials. Nevermind the paints that will need to be applied.

>That was then, this is now.
Doesn't matter, because to reuse an old mold requires a lot of physical artistry to fix the molds.
Unless they're just doing an easy as fuck pump and dump....

>>8051030
25th style aren't modern and would be considered retro today.
Who knows what Hasbro is doing with the retro line until it comes out
>>
>>8051060
>They actually lost a lot of the molds, which is why there was such a limit on what they've actually reproduced.
They re-located a number over the years. IT was how they were even making those ones during the comic 3 packs. FunPub also had access to a number during the modern sculpt era; they do indeed exist still.

>They need to engineer it and take into account the fact that they're using different materials.
No they don't because the parts already exist. You can just 3D scan a vintage figure completely, even taking one apart and scanning it piece by piece, recreating the EXACT SAME FIGURE. People even custom cast parts and 3rd party sellers even produce o-ring joes. I don't get this idea that some people have that it'd be so difficult when 3rd party sellers are making custom Joes like all those custom colored Cobra Troopers and Snake Eyes on ebay right this very second.

>Doesn't matter
It 100% does, the toy technology is different now.

>25th style aren't modern
They 100% are, they're the very definition of when they began, the figures prior to them were "New Sculpt" era.
>>
Why do the 80's heads have so much more charm to them than the heads from the late 90s onwards? Not that modern is bad, just that 80s have a slight stylisation to them that is more appealing.
>>
File: Acid Rain LP GIJ Dare.jpg (541 KB, 1728x1290)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>8051072
FunPub had access to old molds, but to which molds?
How proper will this retro line be?

See that Duke? Notice how many pieces aren't actually from the original mold?
Nevermind we don't know the condition on these molds, which might need to be modified yet again if they were used too much.

>People even custom cast parts
Hasbro isn't going to stick shit in silicon molds. They're on a entirely higher plane of manufacturing, which is why they might not even be able to retool their factories to be able to construct them with the original engineering.

>the toy technology is different now.
lol, you sound like my brother that was dropped on his head when he was a kid and talking about how highways could totally be made a hundred times better.
Toy manufacturing has changed very very little since high pressure injection molding was started in the 80s/90s.
Sure, it CAN be done differently, but the costs would be huuuge and unrealistic on the scale these toys are done on.

>They 100% are,
Sorry, but the 25th happened over a decade ago.
The entire 1:18 market has moved on and improved since then, where even fucking Jazwares is making something that's better than what Hasbro did.
This doesn't mean i think they'll do 25th style GI Joes. I'll be impressed if Hasbro does do o-ring GI Joes, because that won't be cheap. This doesn't mean i won't be disappointed either, because i like my modern toys and don't really like 3.75" anymore.
>>
>>8051072
>comparing making a silicon mold for a couple dozen uses to the amount of money it costs to create steel tooling

Obviously the profit margins on these retro figures are high as fuck, but they probably won't go super far if it'll cost that much. I mean, who the hell is actually gonna buy these when the clearly better detailed Snake Eyes toys are also on shelves, besides collectors of course.
>>
>>8051112
what's that big mech?
>>
File: soviet compare threefour.jpg (761 KB, 1722x1083)
761 KB
761 KB JPG
>>8051132
I know next to jack shit about home molding, but i imagine high pressure steel molds are much better than shittyass ice making wares.
Aren't Finecast minis from Games Workshop/Forgeworld shit made from steel molds?

>>8051137
Toy Notch's Lost Planet. Its on the right in this image.
>>
>>8051166
>i imagine high pressure steel molds are much better than shittyass ice making wares

Absolutely, and the price reflects that. Making a silicon mold takes about half a day of waiting and maybe like $10 in silicon. It's nice, but really only useful for a few dozen copies and pouring resin. Steel tooling costs thousands of dollars and will last a long ass time, but the payback has to be there at that point.
>>
>>8051170
That's what a lot of people didn't take into consideration for the Unicron Haslabs thing.

Or anything that ends up in Haslabs I'd assume.
>>
>>8051173
That and of course less units = more price per unit.

I still hope we see them reuse that tooling SOME day though, ideally for a very limited movie-accurate colorway.
>>
File: 1553146928100.jpg (72 KB, 806x750)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>8051112
>>8051166
neat!

>1:18 scale
fuck. where are the 1/12 mechs?
>>
>>8051112
>FunPub had access to old molds, but to which molds?
Loads, you do recall that they made o-ring figures right? They even made a number of con-sets with o-ring during Modern Era.
>How proper will this retro line be?
It's only a few figures and a Hiss Tank. That's it. Same as Retro Star Wars, just a few figures a year. Same as Retro Transformers, a few figures a year, same as Retro Real Ghostbusters; a few figures.

>See that Duke?
Yeah, I own him, I'm not a zoomer.
> Notice how many pieces aren't actually from the original mold?
And? That was then, this is now. They can just cast new parts off of any figure. They could go on ebay right now and buy one IF they wanted. Further, DUKE is NOT listed in the Retro line-up, it's likely characters from the Snake Eyes movie. We know this, because Duke's computer listing for Classified was "Dung Beetle".
>Hasbro isn't going to stick shit in silicon molds.
They have 3D scanners now. They used them for Star Wars to make the Rogue One Stormtrooper and a 5POA Boba Fett by scanning actual prop armor. The Stormtrooper's head was later used in the TVC line.
>lol, you sound like my brother that was dropped on his head when he was a kid
Stop projecting LioCumBoy
>has changed very very little
(citation needed)
>Sorry, but the 25th happened over a decade ago.
And? Modern Era began with that line. It ran for about a decade.

>The entire 1:18 market has moved on and improved since then
And?
>better than what Hasbro did
Alright Lio you can fuck off with you're gay autism because of the Hasbro boogeyman.

>This doesn't mean i think they'll do 25th style GI Joes
Yet you've been bitching non-stop as if you hope "retro" will be something else.

>I'll be impressed if Hasbro does do o-ring
They are.
>because that won't be cheap.
They're $13. Are you retarded?
>don't really like 3.75" anymore.
You sound like you eat cum anyway.
>>
>>8051132
>but they probably won't go super far if it'll cost that much.
I don't know why retards think it's going to cost a whole lot. You fags keep pretending like Hasbro the world's largest toy company who has and owns the molds can't produce them, despite that they're in the computer and listed as existing and going to be on store shelves. Why be in such gay and homosexual denial like this? What's the point?

>I mean, who the hell is actually gonna buy these when the clearly better detailed Snake Eyes toys are also on shelves
Me, because it's not aimed at zoomers. You fags can go play with your funkopops and shampoo bottle figures. That's why they're priced at $13 a figure, because they're a niche item.
>>
>>8051192
The only retard is you, because you believe that because something is old it could be made cheap.

Again, back in the 00s, Hasbro talked about how it isn't cheap to revisit old molds and refurbishing them for the comic packs they had been doing.
Do you even know how they can add LOST detail to STEEL molds?

If Hasbro is going to do it on the cheap, what molds do they have to actually do a retro line? See again the comic packs from the 00s and how they basically ahd to redo a lot baulking all the way, and that was when the line was POPULAR.
If they're doing it on the cheap, forget about using O-rings, because factories NEED to be retooled and trained to do that shit. That's extra money, for a ONE TIME gimmick line. Because that's what retro shit is.

80s GI Joes are much more complex than those shitty 5PoA Star Wars figures and those 5PoA figures have way more in common with the shittyass budget shits HAsbro is currently producing than 80s Joes.
If Hasbro is making new molds from 3d scans of old figures, that's the same cost as making molds for brand new figures. So again, I'd be impressed if Hasbro is going to spend that much money for a proper Retro line.
>>
So my preorder of the deluxe Snake Eyes was supposed to ship on April 1st. Has there been any word on if they're still going to be able to pull that off or what, with the current covid situation?
>>
>>8051218
warehouse people dont need to worry about corona and usps are working like normal

or did something happen that i haven't bothered to look?
>>
>>8051224
>or did something happen that i haven't bothered to look?
Nothing new, just wondering.
>>
>>8051189
>>8051192

>$13 for a toy that with inflation accounted for sold for around $6
>it's not expensive!!!!

You're the same people who are paying $50 for half of an Optimus Prime, just because you can't comprehend anything existing beyond your long gone childhood.

>>8051211
Maybe I'm just retarded and bad at it, but doing an O-ring change usually takes me a minute to reassemble, because the arms and head need to sit on the torso half while it's half buried under the pelvis. I'm no expert on factory production but I'm gonna make a wild guess that with how many of those Transformers reissues are shelfwarming at Walmart, they make a decent amount of these things, and popping together a couple pieces of plastic probably takes less time.
>>
>>8051230
training for factories switching to new mechanics for assembling toys is more money than doing shit they're currently doing.
Do they even have rivet hammers or whatever those things are to join the limbs together? Forget screws too. That's extra steps, hence those Jumbo Joes faking it.

I remember Hasbro talking about how different factories are set up differently to manufacture their toys, hence the engineering on the MU figures being different from GI Joes. I believe they eventually moved production to the same factory, hence them starting to share various features/molds and the eventual dumbing down of said lines.

I have vague memories of old Transformers, so im not sure if they're made up of more pieces than GI Joes, which does increase costs for manufacturing and assembling.
>>
>>8051211
>because you believe that because something is old it could be made cheap.
It absolutely can be.
>Hasbro talked about how it isn't cheap to revisit old molds and refurbishing them for the comic packs they had been doing.
Retard, the molds already exist from the 2000's. They have have most of the major Joe characters fully, and only are missing a few guys like Version 1 Cobra Commander and a few parts on other figures, such as the arms for Duke and the legs on the Viper.

>Do you even know how they can add LOST detail to STEEL molds?
They don't need to retard. They can make new molds if they want to. They even have the original figure masters, you know those giant fucking ones that the figures are made off of? They COULD if they wanted to scan the masters and produce a new mold.

>If Hasbro is going to do it on the cheap
Who said that? You? They're $13 which is quite a mark-up.
>what molds do they have to actually do a retro line?
Versions 1 and 2 Snake Eyes, Scarlett with her swivel arms, Roadbloack v1 and 2, Zartan and ALL of the Dreadnoks, Firefly, pretty much most of the major characters and army builders STILL exists and got figures up until like the mid to late 2000's. And many of the vehicle molds ALSO still exist because Hasbro was using them to make 25th Anniversary vehicles and altering them for the modern figures.

>ONE TIME gimmick line. Because that's what retro shit is.
Who gives a fuck if it's a one time thing you salty retard? I don't even know why you're being so ass-mad and gay over this.

>80s GI Joes are much more complex
Nigga it's just extra articulation, this isn't a figma or something.

>same cost as making molds for brand new figures.
And?

>So again, I'd be impressed if Hasbro is going to spend that much money for a proper Retro line.
Nigga it's not gonna cost that much and regardless you're pretending like it's like 20 fucking figures and 30 fucking vehicles, instead of like 6 or 7 figures and one vehicle.
>>
>>8051230
>You're the same people who are paying $50 for half of an Optimus Prime, just because you can't comprehend anything existing beyond your long gone childhood.
I don't even know what you're complaining about faggot. You should really stop acting so fat.
>>
>>8051245
Probably more pieces, but with how many I see on store shelves I doubt the upcharge is due to it being "niche," rather just Hasbro trying to cash in on people who need to a nostalgia high. Same reason Super7 can sell their vintage Filmation figures for $20 a pop, though at least those consistently use new tooling and have new art.

They're probably hoping GI Joe will appeal to small children as soldiermen if they're gonna mass produce them for Walmarts, but I doubt parents would ever choose a $13 lower quality looking toy over the like $5 multi packs The Corps has. I doubt nostalgic manchildren are enough of a market with how poorly the Transformers reissues seem to be doing, especially since if you're really that deep into it all you probably already own an original or one of the million reissues/alternate versions that exist by now.
>>
>>8051248
You're dumb.

They're a business and making classic GI Joes from brand new molds is expensive for a one time thing.
Again, this isn't like 5PoA pieces of shit.

What are you even arguing anyway? That they'll totally be o-ring and still feature metal rivets? That they'll be updated non-o-ring retro figures?

Because if the latter, i can see that. If the former, i highly doubt it because of the costs and technical aspects of doing that again.
>>
>>8051258
>i highly doubt it because of the costs and technical aspects of doing that again.

its also just a really shitty design now that balljoints are commonplace lol
>>
>>8051253
> I doubt parents would ever choose a $13 lower quality looking toy over the like $5 multi packs The Corps has.
honestly, the corps shit still looks like lower quality than vintage gi joe crap.... well, not the original ones. they're both equally shit.
After the first two waves, old shit gi joes are still better looking.
>>
>>8051266
I really like the style of old Joes, it has its charm, but the softness of details really makes them look low quality at a quick glance. That and the price difference make me doubt these will appeal much to any market other than old dads who see the toy, go "wow, only $13 to have that toy I gave away as a kid?" and buy it on one-time impulse.

I'll probably buy them depending on the QC, but I also just really like the style. Even then I'd much rather buy some of the cheaper vintage ones, since I'm more fond of the early 90s stuff that seems to be less popular on the aftermarket.
>>
File: total justice black.jpg (91 KB, 577x1024)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>8051268
On one side, i remember wanting and buying into the total justice bullshit.

On the other side, i remember owning the total justice bullshit.

i'd rather have softer sculpts than inarticulated trash that corpshit still include. Plus, Corps don't have that great of sculpts either. kinda ugly < soft sculpts.
>>
>>8051258
>They're a business and making classic GI Joes from brand new molds is expensive for a one time thing.
Who gives a shit if they're one time or not? You're being so autistically retarded it's like you think arguing with me will prevent these o-rings from happening, as if to convince yourself.

> That they'll be updated non-o-ring retro figures?
Who said that they'd be updated. They'll be the same figures they've been re-popping since the mid to late 90's up thru the late 2000's.

>Because if the latter, i can see that
Because you're fag whining because it's something that already exists.

>i highly doubt it
And yet you keep arguing

>You're dumb.
Says the tard with no argument.
>>
>>8051258
Hi, Michael! I predicted you would make this gay cope, that you would whine and say it was cheap but then also say they needed to update them, because you were autistic and nothing would please you because you're a faggot.

>>8048695

>What will Michael's cope be? That Hasbro's being cheap by giving him 100% what he would have wanted, instead of making new o-ring figures in the exact same style but with even more Sunbow accurate details?
>>
>>8051274
I agree, I'm more referring to the brief glance a parent would give through the packaging.

That and some of them are pretty good, particularly the two females.
>>
>>8051276
I think you inhaled too many fumes from new packs of O-rings when you went to replace all your old snapped ones from childhood
>>
>>8051285
I've never had to replace an o-ring ever. You're gay denial over o-rings is telling though, that you spent all this time kvetching over it, whining over prices and molds, etc., again because your 'tism makes you think arguing on the internet will prevent the production of these figures.
>>
>>8051292
>ive never had to replace an o-ring ever

god i dont even want to imagine what they look like on your copies then, probably like 40 year old semen
>>
>>8051294
They look the same as they were the day I got them--straight up black rubber bands. I don't really mess with them much anymore but they're around 30+ years old and still going even after being played with for years. I last messed with them a bit a year ago. You have to be a chucklefuck to break them, such as twisting the torsos all the way around over and over again, or pulling the figures apart repeatedly. I haven't broken an o-ring since I was a child.
>>
>>8051297
I've never broken one either but it's the same reason I remove the rust off screws, there's no harm in doing the simple repair and it really just means you won't inevitably have to do it later. Rubber dries out, you're going to have to replace them eventually unless you handle them so infrequently you wouldn't even notice if they did tear.

It's honestly a fun process, anyways
>>
>>8051300
>Rubber dries out
30+ is so long that it's fine. I'll get some more pipe fitters from the hardware store and replace them when it eventually comes to that. But doing so once every 30 to 40 years is so long that I could be dead by the second time I would have to do it.
>>
>>8051276
>Who said that they'd be updated. They'll be the same figures they've been re-popping since the mid to late 90's up thru the late 2000's.
Yeah, you're dumb.

There's no getting through to you, especially since you even brought up shitty customizers. You have no idea of the manufacturing processes if you think it's so easy/cheap for Hasbro to do this shit.

Again, I'll give them big props if they actually do rivets and o-rings, because that's pretty expensive just to make nostalgiafags happy.
>>
>>8051303
That's part of why I do it, you pretty much only have to do it once because modern rubber and materials is so much better than the shit old toys used. It's also possible to re plasticize it if you're up for opening them up for maintenance every few years.

I mean, look at how G1 Shockwave's hose has aged, same problem.
>>
>>8051283
parents aren't really the deciders. They may end up being the one who buys it, but the kid is ultimately who they're trying to please and that's who decides what gets bought.

This is why GI Joe beat out all their cheaper knockoffs back in the day, including Corpshit where you got like 5 figures for the price of one GI Joe.
>>
>>8051305
>Yeah, you're dumb.
You're just mad because you got BTFO over shit that doesn't matter and only mattered to you an autist.

>There's no getting through to you
Why are you so ass mad as if this a personal slight to you?

>because that's pretty expensive
(citation needed)

>nostalgiafags happy.
Fuck off Michael.
>>
>>8051308
>modern rubber and materials
this is complete bullshit.

nothing is made to last anymore.

even the shit that wasn't made to last back before manufacturers tried cheaping out even in fucking China, that shit still lasts longer than modern crap
>>
>>8051311
old plastic is total shit lol

it was fine for the day but pretty much anything I own made past 1990 feels INFINITELY better to handle than the old creaky 80s shit

A modern release of the old HISS tank mold is going to last for longer than an original
>>
>>8051315
yeah, no. i have keyboards from before the 90s that are better than newer shit.

Also the build for game controllers was better back then.

Thicker plastic was used back then too, which aids in how much superior it is to current shit.

I was just thinking the other day about how plumbing is far superior, since stuff built in my parents house from the 70s is still in use and working. Whereas shit in my place is breaking down after just 10 years. Anything with rubber tubes, gaskets, etc are just breaking down incredibly fast. Anything metal? FUCKing shit, shit's deteriorating like nuclear technician Hisashi Ouchi compared to materials pre-90s

See also old cars. fucking fucking fucking fucking plasticizers in new cars is leaking through in just 8 years, whereas shit from the 80s may be discolored (fucking sun!), but it's not fucking tacky or wet.

Also, the 90s was when they were phasing shit out. So you still got quality, even if it wasn't as good as before shit. Even in the 00s, you still got SOME quality, but this era was largely when they started cheaping out.

The only thing post-00 improved was the coloring of plastics staying unchanged longer.
>>
>>8051315
Yeah no. 50th Joes have a very real risk of melting thanks to the rubbery plastics causing a chemical reaction.
>>
>it's another subjectatard ruins a perfectly good thread episode
I'm so fucking sick of this guy, I hope he gets corona and dies, then at least one good thing would come of this mess.
>>
>>8051325
>Not just learning how to chemically force the plastic to absorb new plasticizer yourself
>>
>>8051177
Man, you don’t want that. I had the pic related 3A lost planet mech for about a week before I resold it. While it was impressive as all hell, it was just way too large. IMO 1/12 mechs and vehicles work best as small-and-light-duty things, like the Star Wars speeders, and things like MOTUC cats. But so far, the best and most useful accessories I’ve gotten for 1/12 have been the Star Wars Centerpieces since they don’t overpower the figures.
>>
>>8051615
Yo, got a link to a tutorial for a novice?

I took the arm off my Rancor a few years ago using hot water and wanted to let it dry, then never got around to putting it back on. I just found it recently and it leaked plasticiser and was too stiff to push back in.
>>
>>8051666
I just saturate it with car seal moisturizer you can find on Amazon. German stuff, I believe. It can work wonders, made my crusty Astro Viper helmet look and feel good as new.
>>
>>8051668
Thanks, it's that simple? Cool.

Is it something like 303 Rubber Seal Protectant and Conditioner for Weather Seals?
>>
>>8051755
The literal product I use is called gummi pfledge shtift I think? It means rubber care stick or something. It has an applicator sponge on the bottle, so you just let it run a little into the sponge then wipe it onto the item. I usually rub it in a bit. You should clean the part off first and because some plasticizers are liquid cancer I'd advise wearing gloves. For the record, I have not seen this damage any of my toys however it's only been a few months. I can't guarantee this doesn't somehow wreck the toys. You'll know if it absorbed if the part is visibly more glossy than it was before.
>>
>>8051760
Cool, thanks again.
>>
>>8051226
>>8051224
>>8051218
So I just got an email that Snake Eyes is shipping tomorrow
>>
>>8051863
me too. Hoping work stays open since I had it shipped there instead of it sitting outside my apartment door.
>>
>ALERT
ALERT
>ALERT
ALERT
>ALERT
ALERT
>ALERT
ALERT

Hasbropulse is unexpectedly shipping the Snake Eyes figure early. Check your emails! I wasn't prepared for this because of Coronavirus shutting down the construction company I work at, my boss even rolled our checks into next week's since we get paid weekly typically, but we may get almost no hours next week if we don't roll them over, so I don't even have two nickels to rub together.
>>
>>8051928
Yeah...I get paid Friday. And may have just lost my job due to Coronachan
>>
>>8051933
I called my bank, which has shut down it's lobby asking to open up a line of credit on my account, since I have another bill that's approaching anyway. The line of credit may help me until I either see work again or that stimulus check arrives.
>>
>>8051947
What sucks is I'm a couple weeks away from getting my eleven year bonus and today I just found out that, due to medications I'm on I'm immunocompromised, which doesn't mesh well with the fact that I work in a nursing home. I'm just praying that they'll let me keep my employed status through all this so I don't lose my health insurance and future yearly bonuses. What's worse is I was planning on getting MORE hours in due to all this shutting down.
>>
>>8051958
you transitioning?
>>
>>8051928

Thanks for the heads up, just checked my email and it is indeed on the way. That's a helluva turn around time on a newly announced figure.
>>
>>8052088
Why is that the first place your brain goes? How obsessed with trannies are you, anon?
>>
>>8051958
I'm waiting on my bank to email me paperwork in the morning to sign, but I should have my credit line on my checking account so I wont get overdrawn and still be ok for a little while as things get sorted.

You should file with unemployment immediately, they may be swamped though, but you're gonna have to do it if you have no other options.
>>
File: she cute.jpg (299 KB, 2000x2000)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>8052091
Hasbro's offices are closed and conventions where shit may have been revealed seem to be getting cancelled, so maybe they're forcing these things out faster because of it.

Will Duke, Scarlett, and Roadblock be out faster?
>>
that new 6 inch snake eyes is 40 bucks? i thought it was going to be 20 bucks
>>
i like that gold assault rifle and pistol.

how come duke isn't on preorder on amazon but roadblock is?
>>
>>8052749
That's the "Con Exclusive" version with tons of extra stuff in a super nice box. The normal retail one will be $20 bucks.
>>
>>8052743
>>Scarlett a qt
>>
>>8052749
It's a Pulse exclusive. The regular one will be $20.
>>
>>8051928
I got my email too, pretty hyped
>>
I hope retail Snake Eyes doesn't have all the olive on his gear. Don't like it.
>>
File: 81IasC5mfvL._SL1500_.jpg (356 KB, 1500x1500)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
>>8052756
I think he's sold out on Amazon. He's the best figure.
>>
>>8051928
This was both awesome and shitty news at the same time. I wasn't expecting to have to pay for it for another month since I had other pre-orders that hit this month and Coronachan is fuckin' with my income right now.
>>
>>8052743
So when is TK gonna tie her and Katie to a rope?
>>
>>8051928
>>8051865
>>8051933
>>8052091
Any word yet today?
>>
>>8048704
i remember the hiss tank i had being black, with a red canopy
>>
>>8053538
Still nothing. Now I'm worried I didn't have the money in my account and didn't get Snake Eyes.
>>
>>8054660
don't you get charged when you place the order? or do they charge you when they ship?
>>
>>8054664
Charge when they ship the preorder
>>
>>8054664
Pulse charges on ship, the email was a heads up to let people know they should have the cash ready. Yesterday is when they planned to start charging and shipping, so it's still a bit too early to panic.

Unless you're broke, then you should totally panic.
>>
>tfw SE ships early but you're a leaf and got it shipped to the US to save money
>can't cross the border because of coronavirus
Well, fuck.
>>
>>8054990
Dud you get a shipping notification?
>>
>>8054998
Yup. A couple days ago.
>>
>>8055021
Hrmmm. Mine says it's paid but it also says it's unfulfilled.
>>
>>8055158
Maybe Monday? It took me a few days to get mine paid and I had to update my payment options a few times to get it charged. They only allow you 5 days to sort things out otherwise they give your Snake Eyes to someone else. They also have a live chat system on Hasbropulse if you want to ask them any questions in regards to your order.
>>
>>8055158
Yeah Pulse does that sometimes, you'll get a shipping notice days after it's at your door very often.
>>
>>8055926
>5 days
Oh, thank god. I got paid yesterday. But I also just got the shipping notification so that's alleviated.
>>
>>8052774
Aside from duke and somewhat scarlet, I'm worried about how they'll handle troops and Storm Shadow. I don't want them to be overly modernized with weird nerf tactical choices like how Roadblock has all those weird colors, or Scarlet has all that greeble.

Not worried about the BATS though if they get to them.
>>
>>8057109
>I'm worried about how they'll handle troops and Storm Shadow

They could Cobrafy the DDP Storm Shadow design,
>>
Got Snake Eyes today. He's great. Really feels like the best engineered figure Hasbro has made yet between the waist and neck articulation. Weapons rack was a total ripoff for an extra 20 bucks but oh well.
>>
Unproduced Rise of Cobra and Pursuit of Cobra vehicles.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>8057501
thanks I hate it
Storm shadow is at his best when he's simple, 25th, sideshow and movie line 2 got this right, minus that horrible shirtless abomination shadow.
>>
>>8057631
>>8057632
The Club was gonna release a Mauler with the '07 set, but found that the molds were fucked. Probably why those RoC ones were shelved.
>>
>>8057631
>>8057632
>>8057634
>>8057636

Man those panels and the Concept Cases of what we didn't get hurt.
>>
>>8051928
Got mine today. He’s fantastic.
>>
>>8057863
Beautiful! Mine's held up in a FedEx facility in PA. It's so close and I'm not gonna see him till Wednesday.
>>
>>8057690
>but found that the molds were fucked. Probably why those RoC ones were shelved.

http://www.generalsjoesreborn.com/2009/08/updated-info-from-gi-joe-collectors-club-roundtable/

>The club stated that Hasbro asked them, at the beginning of this year, which molds they wanted to keep. The club’s answer was all of them of course. Hasbro told them it was easier to recreate a mold than it was to fix a rusty pitted one, let alone pay for storage on old molds.

Hasbro can recreate any mold they want. It's cheaper to do. They could remake any vehicle or figure they want with or without a mold.
>>
>>8057863
I dig it. Mine will ship probably Monday. I just hope we don't have to wait very long to get the rest.
>>
>We MW2 now.

9/10 toy. I only have small complaints, but then I realize it’s just a $20 figure and I calm down.
>>
>>8058117
I'd be interested in hearing the complaints.
>>
>>8058117
>>8058121
Same. Does it have the easily loosened joints the earlier ones did?
>>
>>8058121
The joints feel fine. Knees and hips are strong to allow for good balancing. The upper body is also pretty flexible.

As for complaints, the paint is a little scratched up already on mine. Also the web gear is almost all loosely attached, which aids in possibility but it can also kind of get in its own way. He would have benefited from some more shoulder flexibility to allow true shouldering of weapons, but again, $20 mold.

I was just going to get Snake Eyes and be done, but now I’m considering some other figures from this line.
>>
>>8058150
Yeah he should have had butterfly jointed shoulders considering its all hidden under the gear anyway. I can only assume they didn't do it so they can reuse the torso without the straps later.

>>8058121
My only real complaint is the ab crunch is loose on mine. Normal hasbro shit I'm used to at this point. Should be able to fix it with some pledge but I don't understand how they fuck up the detents so badly on even the brand new molds.
>>
>>8057631
This one hurts the most because I still don't have a decent MBT for my Joes. Most of their armored division is smaller stuff like the Armadillo/Armored Panther, which don't stand a chance against the battalion of H.I.S.S. tanks Cobra has amassed.

>>8057634
This certainly looks better then the drop ship we got in Retaliation. But it doesn't look like it could comfortably carry troops, which is the whole point of a drop ship.

>>8057636
It hurts that we never got this gorgeous jet yet we got the gimmick laden Night Raven from RoC.
>>
>>8057863
>>8058117
>>8058150

Can he two hand rifles?
>>
>>8058246
Yeah, kind of. This SCAR isn’t the best example, but he can achieve the pose.

The hands on this figure are strong. It’s tough to finagle items that weren’t meant for it into them.
>>
>>8057940
uhhh... i think you're reading that wrong.

Molds are still expensive as fuck.
To refurbish an older mold would cost more than making a new mold.
Did the Club take them on the offer? Probably not, because of the costs involved versus just changing out a piece or two on a couple of figures, which can all be joined onto a single mold
>>
>>8058250
Neat.

Can you get him to open his left hand enough to hold the rifle from underneath?
>>
>>8058296
The fingers don’t open unfortunately. Fantastic grip strength, but like I said it’s hard to finagle anything into them.
>>
>>8058296
Rifle with a vertical foregrip works better.
>>
File: unnamed (2).jpg (38 KB, 512x379)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>8049078
The figure is Night Adder, cool figure and comes with a doggo
>>
>>8058290
>Molds are still expensive as fuck
>Hasbro says they can just remake a mold, since it's easier and cheaper

What's it like to get repeatedly btfo in this thread over your constant whining about how expensive it is to reproduce o-ring figures?
>>
>>8059000
Cool thx.
>>
File: Housecleaning.jpg (630 KB, 1200x900)
630 KB
630 KB JPG
>>8059064
It's comparitively cheaper and easier to make all new molds then to clean up and repair older ones. Which means the Retro line will be made with all new molds based on the original 3"3/4 designs, but they'll be updated with modern assembly techniques so they can avoid outdated technology like rivets and those horrendous O-rings.

>>8059036
This dude is way cooler then he has any right being, seeing as he's made of a pre-paint Resolute Roadblock body with a visor-less Ice Viper head. Making him a unique character instead of a troop builder was a great idea as he just has this really imposing presence compared to most figures. I use him as my Metro Armored Division (M.A.D.) leader, combined with a bunch of urban based specialty Vipers and some Shock Troopers.
>>
>>8057863
I got home from work today and he was sitting on my front step. I haven't taken him out of the box yet, but god DAMN is that a nice ass box. I don't normally care about packaging, but this was a fantastic presentation and a great start for the new G.I. Joe line. Anyone who says Hasbro doesn't want Joes to succeed is talking out their ass.
>>
>>8059504
>updated with modern assembly techniques
(citation needed) Your own gay autism isn't proof. It makes you sound gay subjectanon
>>
>>8059551
No source, just using common sense is all.

Retro Joes won't be using old molds so no need to use the old, out dated assembly tech.

He-Man Origin figures phased out rubber band joints because solid joints are just better.

There is literally no advantage or reason to revert back to O-rings because O-rings are objectively worse then ball joints in every possible way.

Also, I been on /toy/ for damn near 15 years now, but you are the first person to ever accuse me of being subjectanon...and I don't know how to feel about that.
>>
File: 1558026356495.jpg (333 KB, 1106x962)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>8059735
>common sense
>>
I'm disappointed, all this virus stuff and no Airtight memes.
>>
>>8059064
How retarded are you?

It costs more to refurbish a mold than to make a new mold.
This doesn't mean the cost of molding has gone down, it literally just means its not worth the time and money to fix an old mold.

In fact, it backs up what i said earlier
>>>8051211 Again, back in the 00s, Hasbro talked about how it isn't cheap to revisit old molds and refurbishing them for the comic packs they had been doing.
also
>>>8050170 Plus, if you didn't know, going back to fix up old molds is actually pretty expensive.
>>
>>8059859
>>8059926
....wait wait wait, it's trolling to say it's more likely the "Retro" line of G.I. Joe WON'T use O-rings now? I thought it was the trolls pushing the idea of O-rings still being a good form of articulation. I can't think of one advantage to O-rings, especially when we've seen just how good a simple ball joint in the waist can be.
>>
>>8060094
It's trolling to not agree with them and also makes you subjectanon.

If they actually do the o-rings engineering, i will have a good laugh, because that's a lot of money for a (hopefully) one time gimmick. Props to Hasbro for going full retard to please nostalgiafags.
>>
>>8060103
As someone who grew up on G.I. Joes, and has loved the line since the 80s, I honestly would prefer if the "retro" line was a full on modern engineered and scaled line that just uses older designs. The o.g. figures are cute and all, but the 1:18th game has changed and Hasbro needs to show these new kids who's boss.
>>
>>8060119
What if the retro line is actually the ARAH style figures in 6" scale (or maybe 5 1/2")?
>>
File: 1584992529208.jpg (549 KB, 1588x1600)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
>>8060103
>If they actually do the o-rings engineering
What's it like to have an IQ below room temperature?
>>
>>8060142
It's not. The price point on the listings is $13. There's also a "retro" Hiss Tank in the listing for a little over $20. The characters are also all characters who happen to be in the Snake Eyes movie. Hasbro has in addition released a "retro" line for many of their properties now: Star Wars, Transformers, Real Ghostbusters, and now G.I. Joe. The Transformers and Real Ghostbusters figures are also Walmart exclusive just like the G.I. Joe ones.
>>
>>8060142
We know the retro line is gonna be a smaller scale, due to both the pricepoint and the inclusion of vehicles. What we don't know is if it'll be retro in the same manner of the 25th line or retro as in 80s toys redone with new contruction like the new He-Man line. I'm hoping it's the former, especially with vehicles being involved. A lot of the 80s vehicles are just to small to fit ME figures, so 80s figure scaled retro vehicles would kinda suck. But if the fichure use ME engineering and size, the vehicles will work just fine.
>>
>>8060275
>redone with new contruction
Why do you keep saying that? Nowhere is there any indication or precedence for this autism. It's beyond retarded to insist there would be a difference in construction and engineering therefore making an entirely new style of figure for a line called "retro." Every indication is that it's the vintage style of figures: AN O-RING. There's no point in making anything besides an O-Ring for a "retro" line because that's where ARAH began; that's the very reason they would do it in the first place. They're not just gonna surprise everyone with New Sculpt era figures that have no O-Ring or shit like that again.
>>
There's no much indication of anything. We know the retro line is going to be cheap and feature vehicles, and that other anon points that it's all movie characters, which I don't recall reading but it might very well be. So it's likely 1/18-ish.

Generally speaking, retro can mean lots of things. The Marvel Legends "retro" waves are modern figures with old packaging style, for crying out loud. "Retro" GIJoe figures might be full modern Joe figures where the only "retro" thing would be their 1/18 size as opposed to "modern" 1/12 size. Or they could be 1/1 replicas of the old figures complete with o-rings and stuff. Or they could be old designs with new tooling featuring ankle articulation, wrists, double knees and *gasp* ball jointed waists.

It could be lots of things. No need to go full autist at someone suggesting that they are likely not going to be what you want.
>>
File: gi joe 25th.jpg (46 KB, 500x300)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>8060119
i'd prefer modern engienering too, but come on, how can you not see the comedy in them spending all that cash on brand new molds just to make o-ring figures to please nostalgiafags?

IT's just as funny if they just remolded the 80s figures with new engineering.

Still, nothing can be as awesome as when they did this shit. Came out of nowhere and looked amazing compared to what they had previously been producing. This was how to do retro correctly.

Those new 1:12 figures? Not even close.
>>
Do you guys think the feet/back pegs will be modern size, or ARAH size for the retro line?
>>
File: IMG_20200324_115127.jpg (696 KB, 1576x694)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
NAMASTE FUCKERS
>>
>>8060751
He pulls off this shot quite well too, I can't wait to see storm shadow.
>>
>>8060751
Nice
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1585065414782.jpg (1.17 MB, 1920x1920)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>8060763
This was supposed to be attached...
>>
>>8045305
Is CIA included
>>
>>8045305
Can you crash it with no survivors?
>>
>>8060773
>Snakes never gets spike knuckle trench knives anymore
It was like the only minor personality quirk he had, and they never seem to run with it.
>>
>>8060833
is that some kind of inside gag? Never read the comics, but he strikes me as a psycho barely contained by G.I joe; like if he wasn't a special operations soldiers he would be out killing low life mobsters and dealers.
>>
>>8060838
he's just a disfigured mute but he is a honrabu gaijin ninja bro
>>
>>8060838
>a psycho barely contained by G.I joe; like if he wasn't a special operations soldiers he would be out killing low life mobsters and dealers.

Sounds pretty based to me.
>>
File: 20200324_144309.jpg (1.48 MB, 3024x3471)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
I love this guy so much.

>>8060838
He kinda is like that in the comics. He's basically Rambo, riddled with PTSD, and it's basically just the ninja training that he got from Storm Shadow and his clan that keeps him from going full on murder hobo The barely contained, or rather barely focused, rage is a huge part of his character in the comics.
>>
File: 20200324_145930.jpg (1.75 MB, 3977x2654)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>8060945
And I love how he can hold the uzi with two hands and go full soldier.
>>
>>8060948
How'd you get him to two hand that gun?

I thought he couldn't open it enough to hold any guns from underneath.
>>
>>8060094
Has nothing to do with that, notice the person writing out long ass paragraphs with named images with that distinct style of writing. It's an interesting discussion to be had sure, there's plenty of rumors flying around, but this particular autist likes to stir shit in multiple threads.

Once you notice his patterns you get sick of him real quick.
>>
>>8060987
The hands are pretty pliable. After getting the handle in the right hand, I slid the left hand over it from the barrel to ease it in, then I put on the suppressor. And to the guy saying he should have had butterfly joints, he does. They're stiff out of the package, but they're there.
>>
File: DSC03605.jpg (378 KB, 1910x1271)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
I've never touched a joe in my life but I figured I'd bite, and there's no way he's not in my top 5 for the year. My only problem is the chest hinge is REALLY floppy in all but the furthest positions.
>>
I got my SE today. Kinda tempted to scalp the thing and just buy the retail release.
>>
>>8061096
We have no idea what the retail version will be like. Better to wait and see first.
>>
>>8061118
Also, this one is still up for preorder on Pulse.
>>
>>8060945
>>8060948
>>8061032
How well can he pull off two handed sword poses?
>>
>>8060994
Would he be able to hold figma Snake's M4 with both hands?
>>
>>8061123
Are you sure?

It looks to be sold out on my end.
>>
File: DSC03619.jpg (413 KB, 1910x1271)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>8061222
Pretty easily.
>>8061228
I can't find that one is in particular, but I've gotten him holding a bunch of other 1/12 rifles just as easily.
>>
>>8061229
Same here. He's sold out.
>>
>>8061245
>Pretty easily
Can you show him doing a sword cutting pose? How far do his butterfly joints move?

>I can't find that one is in particular, but I've gotten him holding a bunch of other 1/12 rifles just as easily.

Pics?
>>
File: DSC03622.jpg (418 KB, 1910x1271)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>8061255
>Pics?
From revoltech deathstoke, so probably bigger than snake's gun but you get the idea.
>>
>>8061267
Yea but that has a front grip.

I'm curious how he holds rifles without a grip.
>>
File: DSC036332.jpg (397 KB, 1910x1271)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
>>8061273
OK, there's a MGR gun, it's a little smaller too. Like >>8060994 said, both hands are easy to open up so you can wedge pretty much whatever in there.

>>8061255
>Can you show him doing a sword cutting pose? How far do his butterfly joints move?
The sword pose is kinda hard to show in a pic, if that makes sense? He can definitely swing it around convincingly but I'm a scrub at perspective. The butterfly joints have pretty decent range, but they've got that thing the power rangers stuff does where they really like to spring back to center after you move them.
>>
>>8061283
Cool, thanks!
>>
>>8061096
I'm thinking that too.
But damn the figure is done well and the presentation is top tier.
Only thing I dont care for is the brown accent parts
>>
>>8061703
Yeah, I just got the chance to actually pull the slip cover off and take a look at the thing, and it's pretty badass, honestly. I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't fully prepared to buy 36 versions of Snake Eyes, anyway.
>>
File: IMG_20200325_110758.jpg (1.14 MB, 1141x1700)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
Snakeeyes has pull down hips, similar to figuarts... hopefully they put this level or articulation into all their lines.
>>
>>8062060
Got a close-up of the hips?
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1585151981955.jpg (1.52 MB, 1920x1920)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>8062084
Here is the best I can get of the joint, and a shot to illustrate the pull down.
>>
would love these figures with actual figuarts joints
>>
>>8062122
Nice. I love seeing Hasbro experiment with shit. Like with the Black Series stuff, how they transitioned some figures to a double-ball-socket neck. That shit should be standard! Fuck the hinge!
And I wish to God they’d stop using the ab crunch.
>>
Ugh my Snake won't be here until tomorrow. As soon as I got the early shipment email, I lost all my patience. I need him now.
>>
File: sgt slaughter figures.jpg (291 KB, 814x1280)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>8062255
I wont be happy until the other 3 Joes start shipping. You can't just have Snake Eyes.

Also we're going to have to settle on what the best 6-inch Sgt Slaughter figure is.
>>
>>8062276
>Also we're going to have to settle on what the best 6-inch Sgt Slaughter figure is.

Is there an "Iragi Defector" Slaughter yet?
>>
File: iraqie sarge.jpg (261 KB, 958x1280)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>8062485
Yeah, they made one of those fairly recently.
>>
Would anyone be willing to buy a premium online only 6-inch line done in the same style as the Hasbropulse exclusive Snake Eyes? Same level of accessories, same special packaging, other pack-ins such as the weapons rack, and more of the ARAH look that the retail line may not have?
>>
>>8062779
Nah. I could pay a couple bucks more for more accessories or a design they don't think can sell on shelves, but at the end of the day this snake-eyes is still a $20 toy and nothing they gave us is nice enough to make it worth paying double for it.
>>
>>8060751

Dude, I don't even Figma or SH FiguArts can do this, unless I'm mistaken, then you can ignore this. Either way, I can't WAIT to see the other Joes in this line!
>>
>>8062792
Figma should never be included in conversations about articulation. At this point they're outdated articulation wise. They often have beautiful sculpts for the most part, but range of motion has never been their strength. Quite a few SHF could do a full splits, as well as some other Hasbro figures, McFarlane, Revoltech, etc. It is nonetheless impressive.
>>
File: Anthyscumstains.jpg (9 KB, 225x225)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
/ourguy/ Anthony'sCumStains put out a review of Snake Eyes:

>3:14
https://youtu.be/QAeh8SY0Dms?t=194
>>
>>8062792
>>8062796
>Quite a few SHF
Everybody is comparing it to SHF, and TM978 says it BTFO a SHF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZGCjp4QdZo
>>
File: IMG_20200325_225151.jpg (1.48 MB, 1135x1749)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>8062792
New figuarts don't, they use the sliding plates style hip but old figuarts used to have pull down hips but snakeeyes also jas the deep wells in the hip where they can sit flush with the peg that help alot.
>>
File: Sgt with Snake Eyes.jpg (1003 KB, 3162x2640)
1003 KB
1003 KB JPG
Sgt. Slaughter is indeed taller than the Classified figures. I think the scale works for him. What other classic wrestlers should join the Joe team?
>>
>>8062930
junk yard dog?
>>
File: perry1.jpg (36 KB, 456x352)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>8062943
Did The Fridge ever get a WWE figure?
>>
Is everyone with a Snake Eyes just from ordering super early? Got a email saying mine wasn't coming until the current posted date of July 1, guess I waffled too much.
>>
>>8062954
No, they did a second run of the figure. He sold out with-in like half a day. Everyone who didn't get the first run gets their's in July. The second run also sold out. It's entirely possible there could be a third run.

Hasbro commented on their sales numbers on the figure during their G.I. Joe panel, saying he was a hot seller, being the first Joe figure in a few years and the first of this scale.
>>
>>8062965
He's also easily the most popular Joe.
>>
>>8063029
More than likely, though he's really one of the more unimportant Joes outside of Hama's comics, which treat him as his Sonichu. He gets very little attention in the cartoons, because he's a mute. He's more just a fun background character to me.
>>
>>8063065
Renegades had him featured prominently
>>
>>8063163
Yeah, but Duke and Scarlett still overshadowed him.
>>
>>8063163
Resolute too.
And in Sigma Six he was important enough to have two sidekicks.
>>
>>8063334
Sigma Six is shit though, and Resolute is barely a show
>>
File: IMG_20200326_115530.jpg (2.17 MB, 1363x2088)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
So glad I kept this shotgun
>>
>>8063505
Alright that's slick, where's it from?
>>
File: 20200326_165641.jpg (1.53 MB, 4032x2536)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
I love that he can actually hold his sword like this. I'm constantly looking for figures that can and it's a surprisingly short list.
>>
File: 20200326_171711.jpg (3.71 MB, 4032x3024)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB JPG
>>8063848
Better angle.
>>
>>8063505
*Loads shotgun with malicious intent*
>>
So, if I missed out on that deluxe Snake Eyes, I;m shit out of luck, right?
>>
>>8063968
I doubt it. There's no way they would make Snake Eyes exclusive. You're probably just not going to get the weapon rack and extra ninja weapons. Possibly different paint apps.
>>
File: 20200324_210735.jpg (2.33 MB, 2820x3862)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
>>
File: 80316-2-56c22d3290c34.jpg (28 KB, 450x600)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>8062945
I could only find a shitty custom made out of a different wrestling figure.
>>
>>8063767
Mcfarlane halo reach spartan, I've got a battle rifle somewhere.
>>
>>8063968
Only on this specific version probably. The retail release might just have different colors and none of the extra weapons. But I'm sure eventually all the extra accessories will be part of other figures in the line. Probably even do a Storm Shadow vs Snake Eyes two pack down the line that will include the weapon rack.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (141 KB, 640x1070)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
Up for pre-order now.
>>
>>8064742
Now this is a proper updated figure. No RGB shin guards with gold plating. A throwback to the classic 80s costume. Preordered.
>>
>>8064742
Very nice.

I don't care for the guns but they can be replaced. The figure itself is very cool!
>>
File: EUH0u-DXgAY-gaA.jpg (43 KB, 750x750)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>
File: EUHm_6oWsAE0W8Z.jpg (373 KB, 2000x2000)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
>>
File: EUHm8fVX0AADQpo.jpg (334 KB, 2000x2000)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>
File: EUHm9ekXQAEGIrq.jpg (305 KB, 2000x2000)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>
File: EUHm-Z7XQAIWyRN.jpg (295 KB, 2000x2000)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>
reveal cc/baroness dammit
>>
>>8064822
>>8064823
>>8064825
>>8064826
>>8064828
This is the perfect redesign!

Why the hell do the other figures not look like this!?!
>>
>>8064832
It's pretty good, but I'm hoping they make an Iron Grenadier Destro. That was a great design.

Unless we get a pimpin' Destro repaint from this version.
>>
>>8064832
Yeah the other figures seemed pretty meh, but this one actually looks great.
>>
I pre-ordered him. I got him and the rest from Entertainment Earth, since they have a decent track record of sending toys out early.

The Snake Eyes reveal is gonna be kinda lame. They should have revealed him at the same time as Destro. He had better be very different, and either be like Commando Snake Eyes or come with Timber.
>>
>>8064885
Can we all get it out of the way now that he's not going to come with Timber? Thank you.
>>
>>8064885
>>8064901
He better fucking not come with Timber, if the expensive exclusive release didn't.
>>
>>8064825
Damn he looks sick. Wish Corona-chan wasn't fucking with my shit right now, I would pre-order him for sure.
>>
>>8064885
>>8064825
I do wonder how obnoxious that drop down holster will be for posing. It better not interfere with getting him seated.
>>
>>8064828
For a second, I thought the top of the case was filled with money, and they were doing a third Fat Stacks Destro, after S6 Crimeboss Destro and POC Heavy Destro.

Now I'm disappointed.
>>
>>8064903
If anything I'm guessing a Timber will come with a Snake-Eyes in a deluxe back of some sort down the line. Fully articulated, of course.
>>
>>8064924
I thought the same thing and thought it was dumb that the money was somehow stuck to the top of the case.
>>
>>8064924
Is it not supposed to be money? What else could it be? I was assuming it was a case full of money as a front (so he could flash it and it would just look like stacks of money), and there was a hidden compartment so that he could operate whatever terminal that is when he needed to.
>>
>>8064915
I wouldn't be surprised if the first wave is already boxed and in cases ready to ship. Retailers have known for some time now about the entire wave, and how Snake Eyes is packed two in a case, and that he was very different from the Hasbropulse version. Some retailers even suggested that the Hasbropulse version might be a movie Snake Eyes, because of how different it was.
>>
>>8064885
Pretty cool his dumb laser gun is based on the one that came with the original at least. I really hope more of these will eventually come with actual guns though.
>>
>>8064957
Plastic explosives maybe? I guess it could be either or really. The lack of detail might be on purpose for that reason.
>>
>>8064957
It reminds me of the Airstrike control system from Half Life 1 or Modern Warefare 2.
>>
File: 12-800029-2.jpg (294 KB, 1200x637)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>8064965
1:12 guns already exist. More will probably follow.
https://www.marauderinc.com/category-s/2088.htm
>>
I'm going for my Trumpbux and then pre-order. I'll most likely skip Roadblock, he looks so goofy with that railgun of his. When is Cobra Commander and Zartan coming out?
>>
>>8065023
Cobra Commander's like a wave 2 or 3 figure. Wave 2 has some movie versions in it. A movie Scarlett, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow are coming in one of the waves. Then there's a few characters who may be Gung Ho, Baroness, Cobra Commander and maybe an army builder.
>>
The only thing holding me back from getting Snake Eyes is that goddamn ugly gray commando pants. It would have been better if he was all black.
>>
File: 71JuGNrWPIL._SL1500_.jpg (129 KB, 1500x1500)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
I like that butterfly joints are standard on this line; even Duke has them, but they're sculpted in such a way as to not break up his sculpt and be hidden.
>>
Would people be mad if retail Snake Eyes was based off his version 4 figure?
>>
>>8065056
Yuck. The only two Snake Eyes figures that should have been made are his all black ninja or his ski-mask commando.
>>
>>8065056
I'd prefer v3, but this one would also be exciting.
>>
>>8065060
>>
>>8065066
That head sculpt makes him look like Spiderman.
>>
File: firefly06.jpg (33 KB, 542x350)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>8065056
I would nut. Ninja Force bullshit was my jam. Neon Firefly a best, too.
>>
>>8065172
This design is my fucking jam.
>>
I saw the gray unpainted pics of Destro at Toy Fair and looks spot on to me finally seeing his colours. Very ARAH but with some extra flair. Nothing was in colour on him so the gold gun and red holster don’t bother too much. It’s almost like a precursor to his Iron Grenadier look. Kind of do miss the grenades on the other arm but at least he still has the rockets.

There was a rumour they were going to send another email later today to show off Snake Eyes but it wasn’t 100%. Hasbro’s getting blowed up for people who didn’t jump on the exclusive asking for another run or people bothering their cs asking for what happened to cancelled orders and can they buy them.

As I mentioned several threads ago, the retailer who showed me the pics had one of wave 1 in package. It was split into 5 boxes. Destro just had the painting of his head. It was small but SE was in full colour like the Joes. Either he had goggles or it was the visor painted black. The weapons looked similar, no extra hands but it might have been another head and looked like something was poking above the cut on the right which could be Timber.

Lenny did say to us that he did 18 colour passes on Timber and the colours on the Joes weren’t final. Based on how positive Destro’s been going over, I expect the gold might go away.
>>
>>8065183
Making everyone a ninja was fucking stupid, but I don't care at all. As a kid finding out that Firefly was The Faceless Master and lived through the volcano bullshit blew my mind.
>>
>>8041735
I got an armadillo for my cobra commander figure
>>
>>8065056
people yes, but I'd be happy with it
>>
>>8065190
I'm not a fan of him being the faceless master, but nothing about the design really says "ninja" so I just really like him as a cool neon future soldier guy.
>>
>>8065056
Yes. Angry Joefans hate everything after 1987.
>>
>>8065084
Considering the origin of that costume, that's as good as can be expected.
>>
Did Gentle Giant ever make a Jumbo Flash?
>>
>>8064742
Welp, that was probably the fastest I've ever pre- ordered something.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.