[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

You are getting the new digital monster pets, right anon? It's only 20 ameribux each
>>
trash
>>
planning on it, yeah
>>
>>7650825
Does it include the online feature that the Japanese version has, or did they remove it? I want one, but I have nobody to play with normally.
>>
>>7650864
No idea, but I was wondering that as well.
My guess is that it doesn't.
It's such a shame they aren't doing more with online functionality, or at least pc or phone connectivity. At this day and age it should be very simple to implement.
>>
>>7650825
If they released it in my country then sure.
>>
>>7650881
I live in a god forsaken shithole and was able to order two off amazon for 40$.
They're likely to go way up in price soon enough.
The Japanese ones went up to 100+$ right after release
>>
>>7650900
Last time I checked Amazon US said they wouldn't ship but now they will apparently. I ordered mine.
>>
>>7650983
Which colors did you get?
>>
>>7651044
Blue and yellow, if the red one was a lighter tone I would have gotten that instead.
>>
>>7650825
Preordered two just in case.
They go up to Mega/Ultimate right?
>>
>>7651050
Yes, but not everyone do, Some stop at perfect.
>>
>>7651049
Oh cool. I got red and gray.
I'm not a big fan of blue and yellow as colors, but I think they actually look really nice here. My autism forced me to buy the two most iconic colors since it's the original v-pet and all, but I'd like to get some more obscure colors assuming they'd release they other versions as well.
>>
>>7651065
Shit. Is it only Agumon and Gabumon who fully evolve?
>>
>>7651120
No.
For each version 1-2 perfects out of 3 can become ultimates.
For version 1 for example, MetalGreymon can evolve to BlitzGreymon, and Mamemon to BanchoMamemon, but Monzaemon can't evolve.
>>
I pre-ordered 2 from amazon.
>>
>>7651466
Which colors?
>>
>>7651083
Well if they do the wave 2, I'd expect they'd use the colors from that instead of just Alpha, Omega, and Zuba.
>>
File: Screenshot_2019-07-18.png (60 KB, 918x336)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>7651482
Blue and yellow.
>>
Where can I get some information on these?
>>
>>7651663
https://wikimon.net/Digital_Monster_Ver.20th
>>
>>7650825
I'm stoked. Never had one growing up but they seem like a really fun little toy to have on you and mess around with whenever. Hopefully some of my friends pick one up too so I have a few people to battle, but just training your digimon against the comp sounds cool too. Got myself a red one ordered already and I might pick up one from the pbandai X series coming up if I like this one enough.
>>
>>7651776
I don't understand, do the Blue or Yellow versions have any exclusives?
>>
>>7650864
>Does it include the online feature that the Japanese version has
I have one of the newer Japanese one and there's no online feature. You can enter codes they released bit by bit to get new stuff but It wasn't online.
>>
Preorders all 4 colors, not for myself of course.
>>
>>7652376
Red/Blue = Agumon
Grey/Yellow = Gabumon
Lunamon/Coronamon/Meicoomon aren't included because those are from wave 2 and these are based on wave 1.
>>
>>7652382
I seen videos online where they had like D-1 Grand Prix to battle your 20th digivices online against AI and other players, so I was hoping it made the cut for the US release as well, but it seems to not be the case thus far.

>>7652383
Right, for your nieces and nephews named "eBay"
>>
Are these just the Japanese ones from a few years ago? Are they likely to release the Pendulum too?
>>
>>7652410
D-1 Grand Prix worked through passwords (you entered your digimon's password on the website to participate). Grand Prix passwords are confirmed gone in the English versions. Also Bandai is never holding it again, not even for Japanese devices.
>>
>>7652410
The D-1 Grand Prix worked via codes too. You could generate a code from your digivice and use it to generate your digimon in a web browser based tournament. Even if they keep the code generation for this version, if they don't put up the web browser based portion then this will be a no-go.
>>
Will these be compatible with the Japanese ones? I have a friend who is obsessed with collecting these but I never jumped in because the Japanese versions go for a lot (like 50+ usd, even when they were new), but If i can pay 20 bucks and battle with him I'd reconsider.
>>
>>7652438
Yes, they're compatible.
>>
>>7652438
In the past the V-pets used very simply data to conduct battles between devices, so even V-pets from years and years apart which had totally different rosters of Digimon could battle, as long as the connector prongs matched up. Not saying you should expect them to be compatible, but it is possible.
>>
>>7652410
No, why the fuck would i preorder 4 if it's for ebay when there is no upper limit to the quantity i may purchase?
Keep your head in your ass.
>>
>>7652521
because you stated they're not for yourself, my friend with the case of a steel girder shoved up their asshole.
>>
>>7652534
You caught me, im a reseller, thats why i only bought 4 since i have no sense of business when leveraging.
Ill pull your steel girder you call your head out of my ass soon once I sell them at a loss.
>>
>>7650825
I'll get one but I think these are a bad idea. Should have released the anime Digivices in stores.
>>
>>7652438
Apparently you can unlock the Dorumon egg by connecting with a Wave 2 Jap 20th Anniversary vpet

Does this mean Wave 2 confirmed for western release or Bandai being lazy hacks and just left it in?
>>
>>7652417
I hope these sell well enough for Bandai America to stop being retarded for a minute and give the Pendulums, and God willing the X series official western releases
>>
>>7652385
>Agumon in blue and Gabumon in yellow.
This bothers me for reasons.
>>
>>7650825
Is this thing not coming to the UK then? I just searched amazon and there is nothing
>>
>>7652796
>Should have released the anime Digivices in stores.
>more animeshit and adventure shilling
Yeah, no. That putrid shit is taking over the franchise.
>>
>>7654295
What did you search for?
>>
>>7654297
Digimon Tamagotchi and then Digimon Digivice
>>
>>7654295
You can ship them from Amazon US
>>
What are these? A glorified Tamagochi?
>>
>>7654296
It's the only thing that sells and would actually bring in casual dollars. The cheapest sold S1 Digivice on Ebay over the past few months went for $79. They throw those in stores for $20-$25 a pop and they are rolling money.
>>
>>7654340
Well Digimon as a franchise literally was created as "Tamagochi BUT FOR BOYS"
>>
>>7654299
Search "digital monster 20th"

>>7654344
Same thing for the V-Pets. If anything it's the v-pets that have the broader appeal due to its independent existence. Cyber Sleuth would not be nearly as successful outside Japan were it based on a 90s anime instead of being its own entity
>>
>>7654340
Yeah, like that other anon said, that's how the whole Digimon franchise started. Bandai was like "Our Tamagotchi is a huge success, but how do you sell Tamagotchi to boys?". And apparently the answer is instead marketing of it as nurturing and caring for a little alien creature that needs your help, it's TRAINING YOUR DIGITAL MONSTER TO DOMINATE IN BATTLE!
>>
Howdy, I'm new to this shit, I got a grey one (first one I EVER seen in my god damn country in over 30 years, yeah I'm old) and I'm wondering what can I do with one of these solo?

I'm guessing feed, clean, and fight ai, I doubt I'll ever battle another, let alone see another (coulda bought a rainbow tamagotchi with this but I got one from years ago in storage), anything I missed?

And most importantly, can these die, as in the digimon not the device?
>>
>>7654918
>in over 30 years
Virtual pets haven't existed for that long anon
>anything I missed?
You can unlock an exclusive egg (Gabumon on your case) by connecting it to 5 other devices
>can these die
Yes if you don't care of them properly or naturally when they reach their maximum lifespan (depends on the species)
>>
>>7654918
You can unlock a second monster eventually, but you get the most out of it by having at least two devices.
It can connect to most other digimon pets regardless of version.
>>
>>7654999
>Virtual pets haven't existed for that long anon
I have though, was being literal (and admittedly, sleepy)
>You can unlock an exclusive egg (Gabumon on your case) by connecting it to 5 other devices
God damnit ain't getting that then
>Yes if you don't care of them properly or naturally when they reach their maximum lifespan (depends on the species)
Oh good, well not really but least there is some urgency when I do turn this on, thanks
>>7655000
Never met any others when I was young or now that had these, I knew others with tamagotchi's, but knock off versions, fat chance considering local stores only have the empty display boxes (and this right here is the first time I ever seen one in person), oh well, maybe luck will strike me again, cheers y'all
>>
>>7655048
There's a likely possibility that more versions will make it to the west.
Currently Japan has multiple versions of the pendulum, and and two X type v-pets with two versions each.

There's a way to hack the pendulum to get all the special eggs and even switch versions, it's probably possible with the v-pets as well.
Personally, I don't care about these eggs. They ruin the fun by having guaranteed fixed evolution lines.
>>
>>7655048
You can get the Gabumon Egg by getting a second vpet, connect and reset 5 times with a different name as it still counts as connecting with 5 different vpets
>>
>>7655130
>it's probably possible with the v-pets as well
The English ones don't even have the jumpers on the circuit board that allow version changing. Either way the only difference between them is Agumon and Gabumon so not much point to doing that.
>>
>>7655130
>two X type v-pets with two versions each
Those already got official US releases in Bandai's official US site https://p-bandai.com/us
>>
>>7655786
I think someone said the names won't be in English but everything else will be also 33 shipping
>>
>>7655786
Those are just imports though. Hence, the high shipping cost.
>>
Are they available in the US yet? I preordered at Gamestop and feel like I'm going to see them everywhere by the time they get any.
>>
>>7656166
Right, all the menus and text are in English except the Digimon names.
>>7656534
Yes and that's the best you're going to get with these.
>>
>>7650825
Convince me to buy one, please. I had a gray one that I pre-ordered at Toys R Us when the original run came out in the 90s.
>>
>>7657520
These have all 5 versions of the original v-pets included and over 100 Digimon to raise
>>
>>7657553
How long do they usually live for
>>
File: roses.png (206 KB, 335x329)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
Is this chick from the new X ver2? She looks like she'd be on red, but I can't actually find her in any of the recent release information.
>>
>>7657562
They made it go faster than the original, You can get to the final stage in a matter of 3-4 days. I'm not sure how long they live for, probably about a week, and also you can raise two Digimon at once, and there's a sort of "quest mode" that unlocks more eggs the more you progress.

>>7657575
It's a jogress between Rosemon and Lotusmon on the Pendulum
>>
>>7657562
2-3 weeks depending on how you take care of them
>>
Just preordered Blue and Yellow. If they were rereleasing that bright red that would have been my number one pick.
>>
>>7659125
changed my preorder to brick brown and grey after seeing them in some videos. The colors look better than the promotional shots
>>
>>7659125
Those look great.
I love the way the x2 look, so I hope they would end up bringing them over as well. That transparent red is glorious
>>
>>7659125
>green not in US
goddamn it
>>
Thanks anon!
Just yesterday thought of getting a vpet out of the blue (never had one). Didn't find this for some reason but saw everything is going for 100$ and gave up.

Now I ordered a red and gray one. Anything I should do to get the most out of the experience?
>>
>>7659846
You need to connect with 5 vpets with different names to unlock all the possible eggs

Since you got 2, take the one and reset it 5 times with different names and connect it to the other one to unlock everything in one of them. This works because it still counts as connecting with 5 different vpets because they have different names
>>
>>7653929
Considering they removed the codes for the online tournaments, I'm betting on Wave 2 release assuming sales are good.
>>
Found this very excellent evolution chart. Just make sure to select eng 20th at the top.

https://humulos.com/digimon/dm20/#
>>
>>7659878
doesn't a chart kind of ruin the fun
>>
>>7659913
Not when you want a certain digimon or need one for a specific joggress.
Even than it might just not evolve.
>>
>>7659913
If you don't care what you get and just want the surprise, sure. But if you're aiming for something in particular, those charts rock. Especially considering if you're good at the "game", you'll likely always get the top care mon and that gets boring quick.
>>
>>7650825
Well now I regret importing a Japanese one a few years ago since this is a cheaper option. I'll probably still buy one or two of these though. Probably Yellow for nostalgia (I had the yellow one as a kid) and maybe Blue for Agumon.
>>
>>7660166
at least ya still had years of a headstart before Bandai America stopped being retarded and brought them west
>>
Where do you preorder these? Amazon wants an omegalul of 108 bucks
>>
>>7660917
That's probably the japanese one.
Search for "digital monster 20th", should be the first result
>>
>>7659863
Maybe a dumb question, but what do the codes have to do with the wave 2?
>>
File: 20170106_044247_thumb.png (500 KB, 554x442)
500 KB
500 KB PNG
>>7661073
In the jap 20th Anniversary ones, you could produce a code for your current digimon. You take that code to the D-1 Grand Prix website to battle your digimon online
The english 20th Anniversary vpets don't have this
>>
>>7661073
>>7661276
It proves they modified the code for the device for the western market. But they left the unlock for connecting to a wave 2 device in. If they had no intention at all of bringing out wave 2 in the west, why wouldn't have they have changed how the dorumon egg unlocks or just removed it altogether?
>>
>>7661279
You can also hack the japanese pendulum to display in english
>>
>>7650825
where do I get it from and are these going to be crazy in the aftermarket if I can't get them now?
>>
>>7661504
FUCKING GAMESTOP or Amazon and go for 20 dollaredoos.
>>
>>7661504
Tamagotchi and digimon both tend to be insane aftermarket prices after a bit, so I would not pass up the 20 dollar MSRP.
>>
File: LadyDevimon_X_b.jpg (214 KB, 720x1140)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>
>>7662648
Not that crazy about the weird arm, but I do appreciate the thicc thighs.
>>
Honestly I feel like a fool expecting some announcement regarding Garudamon Digivolving Spirits while everything tells that this shit is already dead.
>>
File: nureru-001.jpg (120 KB, 1024x576)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>7662648
>>7664058
and the zipper-mouth bra
>>
ima scalp the shit outta these lmao
>>
>>7665632
Good luck with that
>>
>>7665632
Considering Amazon has them directly (and not like a third party seller), I doubt you'll get anywhere unless you're playing the long game and intending on buying a bunch to hold onto until no retailer has them anymore.
>>
>>7665632
>scalping something that is easily available at any FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
>>7666726
I bought 5 of each color

One of each for me to play with
One of each for some friends and family
One of each for collection and display purposes

And 2 more of each just in case
>>
>>7667115
Jesus Christ anon. At least I hope your contribution is enough to convince Bandai to bring over the Pendulums.
>>
>>7667115
400 bux for a calculator pet?
>>
>>7664702
No! It WILL release! I refuse to believe they would let us down like this....

I honestly don't know why they won't give us any information. Even a "hey, we haven't released anything new yet because REASONS but the line isn't dead" is enough...if it''s because of money, releasing the guilmon/dukemon should be a guaranteed seller. New mold AND popular MC character.
>>
>>7668376
Well, Bandai never gave any informations. They always dropped the ball and moved on. Like Kingdom Hearts, Naruto, Sentai and many others licenses or lines.
>>
File: 1564283059081.jpg (2.1 MB, 4032x3024)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
Wonder if they'll announce more vpets at Digifes
>>
Have the US 20th vpets released? It said 7/15 but that date has come and gone and it still shows its on pre-order.
>>
>>7673066
Early August
About a week from now, supposedly
>>
File: ragnalordmon.jpg (85 KB, 748x1068)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
I already have the recent JP Pendulum, which has Ludomon, and this has Zudomon, so I'll finally be able to get this overdesigned mess by jogressing between the two final forms.
>>
File: rag.png (211 KB, 540x447)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>7673085
Er, i mean Zubamon, not Zudomon.
>>
>>7673066
FUCKING GAMESTOP fucked up and the release date was actually August 1, just like Amazon.

Still they are being sold if the Gamestop/EB Games location got their shipment by now, as some people are already posting getting theirs.
>>
>>7672352
They recently did a new version of the X Digivice, but instead of actually recreating the original X Digivice they ported everything to the existing machines. So you lose out on significant gimmicks like the larger resolution screen. Kind of a shame.
>>
File: agumonnappy.jpg (1.24 MB, 3264x2448)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>7673066
>>7673077
Most Gamestops didn't get them on the "release date" but some already have them(see attached pic of mine I got yesterday)

Ignore the poop i left it on purpose to bypass future injuries
>>
>>7666726
Scalping is almost always playing the long game these days
>>
I dug out my Japanese anniversary Pendulum Digivice because of all this, and I seem to be getting an indication that it's low on battery. Kind of weird since i haven't had it for very long. Is it safe to change batteries on this thing without losing data? I don't care if the digimon die, but the games tacks total digimon you have owned which I don't want to lose (since certain eggs are locked behind that).
>>
>>7673580
It has a "Load" option that restores everything when you put new batteries in
>>
>>7673622
Oh neat.
>>
>>7673462
I don't really call buying up products to hold onto until they're no longer being sold and then selling them scalping. Scalping implies buying up a limited supply and considering Gamestop and Target are gonna be having these for a bit, I don't think the supply is that limited.
>>
>>7673066
>>7673077
>>7673097
>>7673323
Can confirm that some places at least have them for sale. Nabbed mine at one of the GameStops in town.

So this one will have Agumon right? I’m stupid and also colorblind
>>
>>7674731
yes he's in the default egg you start with(you unlock more eggs eventually)

https://humulos.com/digimon/dm20/english/

All the eggs on this page are and unlockable on this device and it shows their unlock requirements and how to get certain evolutions
>>
>>7674733
Thank you Anon!
>>
Are there any versions that will give me access to the full Angemon line?
>>
>>7674731
oh fuck seein that navy pendulum with the old logo just made me powerfully flashback to 3rd grade
>>
>>7672352
If they make something with my boy Shinegreymon, I'll buy it.
>>
I like digimon, but I feel like its more a chore than a game
>>
>only advertises OG v1 features on box
>ass distribution
It's a shame US Bandai hates original Digimon
>>
>remember having orange digimon pet as a kid in the 90's
>every modern re-release, even the one banking on nostalgia, only has brown and yellow
Am I remembering wrong or did they not bring back some of the old colors?
>>
File: 1467523947253.jpg (188 KB, 564x294)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>7675372
>Am I remembering wrong or did they not bring back some of the old colors?

Nope, Bandai simply decided to be cheap and only do 4 colors
>>
if i have the japanese 20th and my friend got the us version can we still scrap?
>>
>>7675391
Yes, and if I understand correctly, these should even work with the old Digivices and D3s.
>>
>>7675391
Yes, and if you have the Jap 20th Wave 2 one you can, with some finagling, unlock the Dorumon egg in the US 20th
>>
>>7675372
>>7675385
translucent plastic is most 90's and they would be daft not to cash in on it
>>
>>7675399
the X2 is translucent. I hope the western release would go for a larger color variety though. I'm quite sure the japanese wave 1 V-Pet only had brown and gray, so that's a good sign at least.
>>
>>7675163
2real
>>
>>7675385
I don't know about calling them cheap, it seems sensible to keep it to to a few iconic colors when you're not sure how the product will sell.
>>
Just preordered gray. Hoping I don't regret not getting 2.
>>
>>7675574
>X2
>western release
Lol, here's your western release
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2495270001001
>>
>called my new local game stop which is maybe five minutes away
>they're in stock
Thanks for bringing this up guys, always nice to shave off a few days of waiting.
>>
File: 20190729_181336.jpg (1.76 MB, 3264x1836)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
Woooo.

Got grey coming from amazon and already have a Jap 20th red one
>>
>>7675163
It's perfectly manageable with the pendulum version since you can 'freeze' progress on your digimon whenever you are busy. Without that feature it's a lot harder to play through a full life cycle as an adult who has to worry about the work week though.
I really hope they skip to the 20th pendulums soon, they have huge improvements.
>>
>>7673738
Scalping is literally buying something at market value and then reselling it at a higher price.
>>
Wait, so Jesmon is available in this version of the digipet ? fuck, I'm europoor and I really wanted a jesmon version.
>>
Yes. Jesmon and durandamon are available on all 4 colors.
>>
>>7677224
well, I'm going to England next month. Hoping I may get one here, since Micromania (french equivalent of gamestop) won't stock these.
>>
>>7677072
is there a way to make shaking optional for training?
>>
Do we have any idea how well the Diablomon Die-cast transforming spirits sold?

Hoping it did well enough bandai is enticed to do more figures of non-MC-partner/Royal knight mons, and, if god permits, more Diablomon figures.

Still fucking waiting on that D-Arts.
>>
>>7677698
well that entire line is kill, so
>>
>>7677707
Relative to others in the line, I mean
>>
>>7677707
>well that entire line is kill
Has there been any official word?
Because they were still promoting the line at DigiFes and they still need to release Garudamon.
Not to mention Gomamon and Palmon to finish out the set.
>>
For the third evolution, does my digimon need to have been awake for six hours or does the evolutionary clock count time in sleep as well?
>>
>>7678061
Only time awake is counted towards evolution, making your digimon take a nap also stops the evo clock
>>
>>7678088
Oh god dammit. Oh well, guess he's gonna evolve during work tomorrow.
>>
Someone fill me in on the onepoop thing?
>>
>>7678265
You can let shit accumulate and your digimon will only get injured the first time. After the first injury it won't get hurt again from having the screen filled with shit
>>
>>7678320
But doeant it get sick after 4?
>>
>>7678335
Only the first time.
>>
>>7678335
It does everytime it gets to 4 poops, if you don't flush it won't get sick again because its not gonna reach 4 poops
>>
>>7678352
Ah. Gotcha
>>
Is there any way to not train 2 digimon once you reach child?
>>
I take it you cant jogress within the same device even if you raise both halves?

You need another device with the other one?
>>
>>7678385
Jogress happens in the same device, you send in two digimon that can jogress to tag battles 5 times

You can even use Copymon from another device as jogress fodder
>>
>>7678381
Ignore the second one and let it die. Thats the only way to ensure you only have 1 digimon on your vpet at a time
>>
>>7678431
Oh. Shit. Well i fucked up with my egg choice then.. Oh well
>>
So are there any benefits to climbing the fight tower? Seems like most evolution only need a high winrate. Also is there anyway to change the time for the game once its set? I work nights and my digi was asleep the entire time I could play.
>>
>>767871
I think it counts as "fights" and an egg unlocks at 100?

And yes you def can. Bring up the clock and then hit A and C at the same time.
>>
>>7678717
You have to clear 100 fights to get the Zubamon egg, and I think resetting stars you off at 0.
>>
>>7678431
>You can even use Copymon from another device as jogress fodder
Wow, really? This will make getting Rust Tyranomon much easier.
>>
>>7678088
>Only time awake is counted towards evolution
Oh, good to know. I'm used to Pendulum where they can digivolve in their sleep.
>>
>>7678381
Just dont start the second egg
>>
are any of the exclusive eggs from connecting to 5 different unique people still a thing in this version like the japanese 20th?
>>
>>7678985
Yes

Red and Blue have Anime Agumon, Grey and Yellow have Anime Gabumon
Unlocking your exclusive egg and getting a copymon from someone with the other one exclusive is the only way of getting vanilla Omegamon
>>
>>7679013
What about that one egg that needs you to connect with 5 different digivices?
>>
>>7679292

That's two eggs and they are the anime eggs that anon mentioned.

But you can actually get them with 2 devices by resetting one digivice 5 times with different names to unlock the egg on one then raising the egg to it's final stage, sending it to the other digivice as a copymon then resetting that digivice 5 times to unlock the egg on the device with the copymon to get omnimon by jogressing the digimon from the eggs.
>>
What happens if you try to Jogress with another device, but only one of the devices allows for that Jogress?
For example, the regular 20th lets you get Rust Tyranomon. And the pendulum 20th lets you get Mugendramon. But it doesn't seem like
the pendulum allows for the fusion that results in Rust Tyranomon.
So if I take a regular 20th that has Aegisdramon and try to Jogress with a pendulum 20th that has Mugendramon, will it work, or not?
>>
So how long does each digimon need to be awake for each evolution stages?
>>
File: 20190731_185835.jpg (1.42 MB, 3264x1836)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>7681178
>>
>>7681178

Digitama to Baby I is 1 Minute
Baby I to Baby II is 10 Minutes
Baby II to Child is 6 Hours
Child to Adult is 24 Hours
Adult to Perfect is 36 Hours
Perfect to Ultimate is 48 Hours
>>
>>7681197
Is that cumulative or additive? Like is adult evolution another full 24 hours after the initial 6 of child?
>>
Fuck you faggots, you just convinced me to buy the blue one to relive the glory days of fourth grade. For only $20 I couldn't resist. I just hope I can read the fucking thing with my shit eyes.
>>
Are there any v-pets where you can train the keramon line other then the new X-pendulums where Diablomon X is in
>>
>>7650864
wondering this as well
>>
>Numemon
Oh God where did I go wrong?

On that note, I've woke up to find my digivice going off because there's max poop even though they were sleeping. Do your mons only stay asleep for a set number of hours?
>>
>>7667506
>>7667999
I really like Digimon
>>
>>7673323
Explain
>>
>>7681805
When I asked at my store, the guy said toys have looser release dates than video games and video game accessories, and the date is not a street date or guarantee they'll have it that day but is expected within 2 months of that date.
>>
Really wanna get my hands on Xver2 down the line. Anything I should know about ordering from the US side of p-bandai?
>>
>>7682066
A lot of us ordered X2s during a promotion P-Bandai had where shipping was only 13 dollars. By default it's 33 which is downright predatory. It's actually cheaper if you're buying the pair to get them from ebay resellers or japanyouwant right now because of the shipping
>>
>>7682113
>$33 shipping
I'm really fucked because I just want one, but maybe I'll go in with a friend for two.
>>
>>7681303
>Like is adult evolution another full 24 hours after the initial 6 of child?
Yes
>>
File: 20190801_144231.jpg (1.76 MB, 3264x1836)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
Hows everyones mons doing today?
>>
So weird question but is everyone screws in the back of their digivice weak as shit? Trying to disassemble one of mine and the screw got stripped immediately, happened with two others as well. Cant find a single screwdriver that fits into these shitty screws right.
>>
>>7682602
Waiting until Monday to arrive. I almost want to get a gray one for my brother so we each have one.
>>
How are you guys playing the v-pet when you have work and such?
>>
>>7682765
I bartend so I just take care of it when I gotta grab a drink mix or check on the kitchen
>>
>>7682765
Its actually way easier to take care if as an adult. Take a peek every half hour or hour, take care of their needs. Shove it back in your pocket.

Takes 30 seconds. Maybe a monute if they need training. But theyre really not that needy,

Its not like elementary school, no ones going to confiscate it if they see it.

In fact i dont even see the need for thr poop trick. They poop alot. But they wont kill themselves in an hour via drowning.
>>
>>7682769
>>7682778
I'm mostly concerned about looking like a god damn weirdo
>>
>>7682781
Are people staring at your cubicle all day?

Go to the bathroom for a few minutes?

... Display it on your desk and if anyone asks say its an old toy from childhood that you dug up for kicks

Display it on your desk and if anyone asks say its a remake of an old toy from childhood that you bought for kicks
>>
>>7682765
I keep it in my back pocket and check on it every now and again when I'm sticking shelves or when there's down time on the register.

>>7682602
Red brick shell. I've got a Dark Tyranamon like yours and a Numemon. This is my first digivice and I'm really loving it. It's so much more genuine to have a pocket toy solely for these guys as opposed to an app or something like that, and you actually feel like you're raising your digimon with how much work you have to put in.
>>
>>7682794
It really is. Ive tried countless apps and they never feel the same

Also. Its nice how easy it is. Its such a weird feeling to have a game that WANTS you to do well.
>>
Someone should suggest them to make a v-pet that's also a digital wristwatch. That would make it so much easier
>>
So obviously I wanna keep my win rate up, but I'm wondering when I want to start over from the beginning instead of choosing NEXT. Do digimon have a strength level that goes up or anything like that? Or do fights just depend on their determination and your button spamming?
>>
>>7682769
>>7682778
>>7682794
What do you guys do when you have to go to bed? I know you can make the Digimon go to sleep, too, but I heard they only sleep for 3 hours, but I have to get 8 hours of sleep.
>>
>>7683247
I work till 5 am and sleep around 7, I changed the time so that 7 am is around 3pm. This makes them sleep for around the same amount of time I do
>>
>>7683247
>3 hours
I don't think that's right otherwise I would figure their hunger/strength would be depleted by the time i've woken up
>>
>>7683247
They sleep for 3 hours if you make them sleep in the middle of the day. I think they sleep for 10 at night.

If the 3 of a nap reaches bedtime theyll just keep sleeping till morning
>>
>>7677072
You don't even need to freeze it. Just make sure you start up your new egg on Saturday/Sunday morning, and by the time you hit the workweek, it'll be Rookie level. By then, they won't need as much attention and you can just fiddle with it for two minutes ever hour or so and move on.

Works especially great for me, cause I have a desk job, so I can just raise the baby stages right at my desk.
>>
>>7679013
>Red and Blue have Anime Agumon
Do you have a sauce on this? Cause I picked up the Grey and Blue before reading about all this stuff without knowing about exclusives, but nobody mentions the Blue/Yellow exclusives. I was about to go hunting for a Brick one, but if I can get my Wargreymon off of the Blue one, I'd be a happy duck.
>>
>>7683621
https://humulos.com/digimon/dm20/english/
The slate blue color in OP is referred to as grey.
Red/navy are Agumon, grey/yellow are Gabumon.
The catch is you'd need to receive a copy of Matt's MetalGarurumon from someone's album to jogress with for OG Omnimon.
>>
>>7683637
Thanks friend. Then I won't have to hunt after that brown one anymore.
>>
>>7677072
Can't you just do the trick from the original V-pet? I had one of the 1997 ones and I remember that if you kept the screen on the "set time" thing on the clock while the Digimon was sleeping, they wouldn't wake up so long as you kept it on that screen. Does that trick still work with these new versions?
>>
>>7683739
Doesn't work on these because the clock set screen times out after a short while
>>
Well Amazon failed an said my Res one won't get here until the end of the month. Fuck that. I checked Gamestops website and apparently all 3 locations near me have them in stock. Gonna go hunt for a red one later. My brother will probably come with me so I'm gonna convince him to get a blue one to relive childhood.
>>
File: 1564613851079.gif (1.07 MB, 266x268)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>Vanilla Omegamon is still Omnimon in english version like in the Digimon dub
>Omegamon Alter-S is kept as Omegamon

Why the fuck did they do this?
>>
I made a cover
>>
>>7684644
>>
>all these niggas talking about the western release of the digivices using jap terms

Why not just import and embrace your full weeb status?
>>
>>7681941
I meant explain the poop thing
>>
>>7684137
That's a shame Anon, mine says it'll be here in two days.
>>
>>7684739
I ended up snagging my blue one at GameStop. They didn't have the the red one which was disappointing but maybe I'll order that one on Amazon and wait for it to show up.
>>
>>7684577
Because they are fat retarded americans, what did you expect?
>>
>>7684708
Eh
>>
File: IMG_20190802_154510.jpg (2.91 MB, 2754x2238)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
Got one. I did my part bros.
>>
>>7684708
Because I did buy one when they first came out and it cost me 50 dollars plus shipping from Japan due the fact the Japanese release was a Premium Bandai release meaning you had to go through a third party dealer? And now they would be even more expensive due to the ridiculous third party prices on older virtual pets?

20 dollars and a trip to Gamestop is a damn good deal compared to getting an imported one.
>>
>>7684889
Looks really nice. Too bad it'll get all dusty and worn out after a couple of weeks. That fresh look is really great.
>>
>>7684913
I've been keeping mine in my pockets most of the day, and while it's fine now, I figure that sorta thing'll wear on it the long run. Makes me wish I had a shell for it or something but oh well.
>>
File: digimon.png (1.27 MB, 695x928)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>7684889
me too, though i'm reading through the manual because i dont know what i'm doing. It's got some pretty nice artwork littered throughout.
>>
Useful information for everyone.

Evo trees, rule book, etc

https://humulos.com/digimon/dm20/english/#
>>
File: 20190802_235601.jpg (2.54 MB, 4032x2268)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB JPG
Anybody else doing stuff like this? Shell swaps/adding paint

>>7682733
The screws arent the best but one of mine had them all in really tight, hard not to strip them. Others were fine with a lil care
>>
>>7685393
I’m planning to make molds of the housing in the future

I’ve only painted the cell bars because the original paint on mine got stripped
>>
>>7685393
I'm making molds of the shell right now for em
>>
>>7685412
>>7685422
i would definitely pay for neat shells/buttons/cages, and i'm sure i'm not alone in this
>>
>>7684577
That's hilarious. That effetely makes it the official name too, since It's the first appearance in english, isn't it?
>>
>>7685422
>>
File: IMG_6415.png (729 KB, 800x800)
729 KB
729 KB PNG
>>7684928
I wish they had brought back the old cases with this release or even just included it as a freebie.
>>
>>7684577
>>7685427

I assume whatever staff dealt with English programming probably didn't have permissions to localize any names and were told to use the already existing names where possible. Logically, another form of Omnimon would be "Omnimon whatever" when localized but that's not how weird licensing stuff works.
>>
>>7685424
Yeah I figured I'd make some cool weird ones for myself. May make some with a backlight mod.
>>
>>7685422
what material are you using, resin?
>>7685568
do these still work with the 20th ver because of the added thickness?
>>
>>7685621
Yeah I got resin and liquid plastic
>>
>>7684648
Nice autism.
>>
And how are everyone's mons this fine day?
>>
>>7685945
Still happy, i think greymon might hit ultimate today if im lucky
>>
>>7685422
I was thinking about this also.
But i was worried about bubbles. Could tou show some in progress pics and the molds when youre done?
>>
>>7686116
Yeah sure, I'll probably start working on it on Sunday.
>>
>>7684717
The anon you were originally responding to here(last one wasn't me)

If you fill up screen with poop initially they get sickness/injury. Which you can heal. But if you dont wipe the screen then they dont accumulate more poop and thus no more injuries or sickness.
>>
>>7686218
Why not just heal them? They only poop like once per hour when they hit rookie stage.
>>
>>7686255
laziness
>>
Guys, I'm contemplating buying one using amazon (or somewhere else so I can have it before 2046) and I have a few questions. I'm sorry if they were already answered.

- Do Digimon die, à la Digimon World, or do they stay in perfect/ultimate form once they reached their most powerful option ?

- Is there any exclusive Digimon dictated by the pet's colour ?

- Can I put the game in pause completely during the night or work ?
>>
>>7686312
>Do Digimon die, à la Digimon World, or do they stay in perfect/ultimate form once they reached their most powerful option ?
Yes to all. They die from either old age or injury/illness that isn't healed.

>Is there any exclusive Digimon dictated by the pet's colour ?
Red/Blue is anime Agumon and Yellow/Grey is anime Gabumon

>Can I put the game in pause completely during the night or work ?
You can out your mons to sleep for 3 hours at a time. Then they go to sleep at 9pm, and wake up again at 7am. If you work nights or need to have them sleep at a different time, just adjust the time on the clock.

I have my own question, how long does it take your second egg to hatch? I just got mine this morning and it still hasn't done anything. It's a question mark egg too whatever that means.
>>
>>7686301
Shouldn't you work on gaming your own laziness instead of gaming the system?
>>
>>7686357
>I have my own question, how long does it take your second egg to hatch?
5 minutes, why, wh-

>It's a question mark egg too whatever that means.
Oh. Read the manual, doofus.
>>
>>7686359
doh! I missed that
>>
>>7686357
So then you can't keep an ultimate Digimon more than a few days ? It's pretty disappointing, even if I suppose that's the name of the game.
>>
File: 5a27bf1124ae2_422596b.jpg (197 KB, 1500x1125)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>7686372
There are v-pets out there that have longer lifespans, but it's kinda boring having one mon for ages and ages. The pendulum progress is probably the most extreme about this, you can have an ultimate live for literal months, like the life counter can get maxed at 99 days and your mon will still be going strong.
>>
Can someone tell me how the feature to play online with these worked? Was it through a punch-in code or did it connect someway to a PC?
>>
>>7686784
yeah, it generated codes for your mon to enter online. no hardware connection or anything.
>>
>>7686803
Do the new ones coming to the States have this feature?
>>
>>7686815
no, it was removed. bandai america doesn't want to run tournaments like japan did.
>>
>>7686818
that is incredibly sad. Thanks for telling me though anon
>>
My dark tyranimon upgraded to metal tyranimon but my graymon stayed the same. So sadly, i seem to have missed the mark on tourney fights.

After these two kick it i may move to my japanese brick red one.
>>
>>7685393
How hard is it to remove and switch out the buttons?
>>
>>7685412
>>7685393
Please post pics when you're done
>>
>>7686818
There could have been ways the community could have ran their own tournaments or ladders.
>>
One of my Digimon died and I haven't recieved a new egg, and the grave is still there.
Is it a glitch or not?
>>
>>7687203
If you get a grave, you have to select to get a new egg, press a and b together on the grave. You only get a grave if it dies through hunger or battle wounds, a mon that dies of old age will leave the egg behind on its own.
>>
File: 20190804_071846.jpg (2.22 MB, 4032x2268)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
>>7686936
Four screws on case, four screws to pull out the board. Buttons are free at that point, you just slot them into the front part. Easy peasy
Pic related it's just a loose rubber piece
>>7687007
Sure np
Front and battery cover from yellow. Buttons, cage, back from grey. +Amateurish gold paint app
>>
File: 20190804_071904.jpg (1.96 MB, 4032x2268)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
>>7687660
And here's the back
The paint is actually vallejo 'brass' 70.801
>>
>>7687663
Looks great. What kind of tool did you use to paint the cracks?
>>
>>7686818
Japan doesn't do it anymore either
>>
>get home from work
>this is waiting for me outside

What an end to a shitty day. Other 3 colors will be here within the next couple days. Amazon really fucked up their orders for some reason.

>>7687663
You use a clear finish cote on that to make sure the paint's sealed?
Also what does that color info mean? I work for a paint company and we don't sell any products with any gold lusters to them.
>>
>>7688488
Vallejo is a brand of model paint. Brass and the number are how you find the specific color
>>
>>7688509
Thanks anon
>>
Wait a minute

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2495270001001?gclid=Cj0KCQjwhJrqBRDZARIsALhp1WTYs3oTdrK128vPtIu2xA5I_1f-2GtPYdQXb2nWDBtdUUG2-NDCACcaAg6qEALw_wcB

So are these being localised or is this translated just as a courtesy to the people who buy the japanese version?
>>
>>7688520
The actual device is completely in english except for the actual digimon names already. They are just being imported as is. Although it's cheaper to buy them elsewhere like japanyouwant as a pair since the discount on the shipping ended.
>>
>>7688559
Got a link by any chance anon?
>>
How long can my digibros survive without my care? I'm not going to be home much tomorrow and I'm afraid they'll die while I'm gone. They're both rookies if that matters.
>>
>>7688609
Just change the clock so it's 9pm when you leave. Your digis will sleep and be fine.
>>
>>7681800
Are you getting any of the X ver?
>>
>>7688613
Does changing the clock have any negative effects?
>>
Hopefully they make something that allows online battles that are readily available with better pixel sprites next digivice i really liked the box art of the D-arks
>>
So, I really want Jesmon, but I wanted to know. For those kind of eggs, once you've reached the condition to unlock them once, are they added to the egg pool forever or you need to do it all over again ?
>>
>>7687704
Not him, all you need is a brush. Get paint outside of the cracks? Let it all dry and use thinner to remove the paint that got outside the cracks.
>>
>>7688659
I wanna say added until you reset.
>>
>>7688631
I'd like to very much anon but I just spent a fuckload on the $20 American releases and I'm not sure if I'd splurge for just one or two at those import prices.
>>
>>7688613
Not that anon but are all digimon programmed to sleep at 9pm? For how long until?
>>
>>7688672
9pm to 7am. If you out them to sleep before 9pm and it they sleep until after 9 than they'll sleep the full night. Normally if you out them to sleep manually they'll crash for 3 hours.
>>
How long does it take for one to evolve? Some of mine have max stats but won't change already.
>>
>>7688681
Check the manual
>>
>>7688686
They haven't changed in days.
>>
>>7688691
Glitch
>>
>>7688691
Then you missed a condition.

See
>>7685182
>>
>>7688672
>>7688673
>>7688613
The digimon go to sleep at times dependant on the actual monster. My Agumon typically went to bed at 9 pm, and my Guzzimon went to bed at 10, but after both of them evolved, Greymon hits the hay at 11pm while Dark Tyrannomon goes to sleep close to midnight. I have to be careful that I leave enough naptime to put him to bed at 11 with his brother.
>>
>>7688712
It's not a glitch, he just didn't fulfill a condition. You're not guaranteed evolution beyond adult/champion, the rest you have to earn by fulfilling the conditions for them.
>>
>>7687660
>>7687663
I'm not gonna lie bro, that looks REALLY ugly. It might look a little bit better if you use a silver/grey like paint on the yellow bricks though. Then you could kind of have an opposites effect. But yeah, that yellow and grey combo alone is gaudy as all fuck.
>>
>>7688875
Do you know if there's a cutoff for that, or can you fulfill the conditions at any time and still be good?
>>
Me and 2 friends ordered one each and are waiting for them to arrive
I just wanna ask, would the following work?

>I got Red, friend #1 got Grey and friend #2 got Blue
>#2 resets his vpet so that me and #1 can unlock the exclusive eggs by having 5 unique connections
>Me and #1 raise exclusive egg to max and give each other the Wargreymon/Metal Garurumon Copymon
>Then we give #2 a Copymon of Wargreymon and Metal Garurumon

Would this make it so each of us can get vanilla Omegamon?
The only part I have doubts is with giving 2 Copymon to #2, as I have no idea how many Copymon one vpet can have or if you can tag battle with 2 Copymon
>>
do digimon have a dodge rate in addition to their power level?
trying to climb up the battle rankings and it feels like I keep getting stuck on weaker enemies due to dodges
>>
>>7688880
I dont know for sure. But my greymon never evolved and then kicked it, even after i completedb the conditions so im pretty sure tou need to get it done by the time it tries to evolvem
>>
>>7688876
Tbh i've been thinking about re-doing it with something else. Maybe like a more copper-ey color b/c i'm right with you that the gold-on-yellow is pretty plain. I was going for gaudy tho
>>
>>7689506
I actually really like the pop of the paint.

Mixing the cases, not so much
>>
>>7689510
The mixing is just something my friends and I did with the originals. Once my other buddy gets a red i might swap the battery panel for red or something. Mostly nostalgia
>>
>>7688889
You can only have 1 copymon at once so your plan wouldn't work
>>
My Dracomon hasn't evolved despite supposedly there being no requirements for it to change and it's meters being filled. Is something wrong with it?
>>
>>7689920
Yes
>>
>>7689920
How long has it been dracomon?
>>
>>7689920
Im unsure about this. But on the chart linked above if you click dracomon or its evolutions it has a tag that says "sleep time 23:00"

Maybe its gotta sleep more?
>>
>>7689990
I think two days ago.
>>
>amazon haasnt even shipped out two of my four colors
Can this connect to the pendulums? Im pissed this was a present.
>>
With soms practice under my belt and the presumable death of my Metal Tyrannomon on the horizon, ive its time to boot up my JP 20th for real.

Now, if i clone my Metal Tyranomon over, does anyone know if it keeps its presumable care mistakes? Or is the clone flawless?
>>
Well anons I may be a retard

Cant seem to connect my devices together, even consulted the manual.
>>
So will these work with the old digivices like this: https://wikimon.net/Digivice_Toy ?
>>
>>7689506
>>7689516
Seriously, if you use silver-ish paint on the yellow portion, you can get this sort of gold/silver duality on the case. I would then replace the battery case with the grey one and paint that, and you'd have something looking way better.
>>
>>7690473
I almost did gunmetal on the yellow, actually. didn't reply to that detail but i get what you're going for with the opposites effect. might go back and change it, if it bothers me enough
>>
>>7690397
It's really easy, almost precluding user error. Maybe you got a bum device :(
>>
>>7690397
How long do you hold them together before hitting the button?

>>7690438
Indeed they will.
>>
>>7690088
Yeah they can
>>
>>7690528
>>7690816
I mean I keep them connected the whole time. Scroll both over to the Digivice Communication icon, and press on both but nothing happens.

Do I have to make a certain amount of progress or what?
>>
>>7691157
What stage are your digimon?
>>
>>7691157
Hold them together when they start making the copy noise. On one of the divivices, press b. I couldn’t figure it out for the longest time.
>>
File: IMG_20190806_121624.jpg (3.1 MB, 2752x2477)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB JPG
You guys do bring your Digis with you on the go right?
>>
>>7691706
>>7691157
Yeah dont plug them in 'till you finish menu, and press b like this kind anon said
>>
>>7691785
Me and my bros enjoying some lunch.
>>
File: IMG_20190806_125609.jpg (2.63 MB, 3007x2688)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>7691788
I thought I was going to be self conscious about it but everyone is always on their phones anyway so it doesn't look out of the norm to be messing with a v-pet.
>>
File: 20190806_192558.jpg (2.53 MB, 4032x2268)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>7691785
Wait, people don't? That's the whole point
>>
File: 20190806_192411.jpg (2.38 MB, 4032x2268)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>7691792
Ive only gotten positive comments about it. Love these guys. Kabuterimon was a fav, good to see him again
>>
Oh hey! Totally thought i missed the window for metal tyrranomon to evolve. But checkit. Machiedramon just poped up!

Meanwhile my JP babies are growing well. Sadly, its time to start abusing Gabumon.
>>
>>7685070
>keep "hungry" full by feeding flintstones meat ("food" in manual)
>keep "strength" full by training or feeding pills ("protein" in manual)
>food raises weight by 1 gig, protein by 2 (and can shorten life but i've never used enough to tell). train reduces by 1 gig
>clean up shit [or let it stay forever like a gross degenerate exploiter]
>put them to sleep at 9, they'll get up at 7. waking them at night pushes back wakeup time by an hour
follow evo guides to get the 'mons you want, they explain care mistakes, etc
>>
Just made a new thread, since we're sinking pretty low in the board, and compilated most of the useful links I could get from the thread.

>>7691859
>>7691859
>>7691859
>>
>>7691785
my problem is that i work the sort of job that i can't easily stop and dick around with something, even for a minute, except on my breaks. so if my digi starts pitchin a bitch fit when i'm not on break, it would be kind of a pain
>>
Is there supposed to be a way to increase strength besides using protein?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.