[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 109 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

This wave of TF WFC:S has easily been the cheapest & most convenient way to get a G1 season 1 decepticon squad since probably 1985
>>
Too bad they look like utter shit and literally have shit smeared all over them.
>>
>>7440740
Siege has been utter trash so far and these guys aren't anywhere near worth what they are going for desu.
>>
>>7440968
>>7441055
Jeez guys okay
>>
File: IMG_6832.jpg (2.02 MB, 4032x3024)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
I'm a new toy collector and not TOO knowledgeable about Transformers lore or how the ebb and flow of these figures to market works - I just like the way these damned things look.

Do I need to pounce on these things right now if I wanna get them all for MSRP, or are they all likely to hang around on shelves and online for a while so a normal human being like me can pick them up at my leisure over the course of the next 2-3 months?
>>
>>7440740
They look good in this tiny low-res picture but I know that when you can actually see them up-close they bother me quite a bit. Megatron's head is too big, Soundwave's chest is too thick and his altmode is garbage, same for Starscream, etc. etc. I do acknowledge that Siege is doing some good things though, Siege Hound is one of my favorite figures this year.
>>
>>7441333
It should be fine until they leave store shelves.

It's not like any of them are Hun Gurrr so the prices won't get retarded for awhile.
>>
>>7441055
T. buyer of fake toys.

Siege is imperfect, but far from utter trash. Some of these are by far the best OFFICIAL figure these characters have had since G1 not counting MP.

Starscream is literally the only one that's debatable in terms of the ones OP pictured, and even then is a matter of preference, since any competing CHUG Starscream also has glaring issues.
>>
>>7441446
Zoom zoom zoom ruining another thread!
>>
>>7441448
Hold on guys, wait for him to post Denton again.
>>
I wish they'd just do Shockwave as a Voyager, without all the unnecessary kibble. Marking it up as a tiny Leader is absurd.
>>
>>7441474
The only explanation for it I have ever heard is that the rubber on his hose is some weird expensive plastic and is the stealth reason for it, but that's fucking retarded.

I'm almost willing to accept "they did it for no reason" over that.
>>
>>7441474
>>7441546
They did it because they added in a gimmick that includes a lot of plastic, and plastic doesn't pay for itself.

They could have made it without the gimmick, or made it the size of a real leader, but that isn't the case. They made a voyager size figure that needs to be sold for a higher place because it includes a bunch of extra plastic pieces.
>>
>>7441552
I heard the rubber used in the hose also factors into that, as if the price of the plastic for the hose would have either meant they would have to make him deluxe sized and therefore smaller, or if they added more shit to him they could make him a leader, hence what we got cause Siege if for scalefags
>>
>>7441560
>>7441552
I actually wouldn’t mind Shockwave without the hose and kibble.
>>
>>7441566
I swear to god if it was literally just the fucking hose that made it Leader class
>>
>>7441571
>John, the material costs for the hose is too high. What should we do?
>Throw in loads of extra plastic accessories to average out the cost, and sell it as a Leader for good measure!
>>
>>7441560
Whoever told you that lie is fucking with you.
>>
>>7441576
That would make a lot more sense then nothing like this guy >>7441546 wants to fall back on
>>
File: IMG_20190312_235751_169.jpg (123 KB, 1080x2076)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
So sick
>>
>>7446533
I see you back there, cog
>>
>>7440740
Can't wait to get soundwave and starscream
>>
>>7440740
And only plebs care because season 1 Decepticons are boring as fuck, and of the Siege group in particular, only Shockwave is worth it.
>>
Did Soundwave already come out and just sell out instantly? Because I haven't been able to find him for anywhere close to MSRP either in meatspace or online.
>>
>>7447063
I haven't seen anything from Wave 2 yet in my area. Walmart is supposed to be getting them in but all mine are empty. Not even a stray Deluxe or Battlemaster.
>>
>>7447098
You're just lazy and not looking hard enough.
>>
>>7447704
Every Walmart and Target in my entire country is empty nigga, he's looking as hard as he can
>>
>>7446851
Is this baby's first attempt at edgelord? Almost all the Siege figures so far are amazing because they're shying away from stupid gimmicks and just solidly engineering, adding more sculpted detail, focusing on bot modes for good display value, and even working to fill in gaps, like with the back of Starscream's legs. The Optimus is arguably the best non-masterpiece Prime in the game.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1516310677598.jpg (31 KB, 500x522)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>7447704
I'm pretty sure you're the same guy who called me lazy because I could only find deluxes (which are all now sold out). You're probably one of the assholes snatching everything up before anyone else can have a pick. Fuck you, fuck your ISP for enabling you to post, and fuck your family for raising you to be such a turd of a human being.
>>
Siege is good, then again I’m one of the people who is trying to recreate all of G1 with generations.
>>
>>7448134
cant fault you for it its the only real bit of the toys that actually give obscure characters the love they need, doesnt hurt that it gets the mp elitist boomers and 3p fags SEETHING at people having fun for (relatively)
>>
>>7446851
>because season 1 Decepticons are boring as fuck

They're practically the only Decepticons who matter who aren't named Galvatron or the Combaticons. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7441412
not that guy but I just can't get with the cybertron alt modes
>>
>>7448177
>the only Decepticons who matter
>Hurrrr, I only buy toys based on the main guys from the cartoon!!! Nothing else matters because I don't actually like toys and only swear allegiance to a shitty toy commercial masquerading as a kids' show!
Transformers collectors continue to be the literal biggest fucking plebs in the toy community. I swear Funko Pop collectors have more perspective than you faggots.
>>
>>7448134
Oh look, it's that fucking dusty plastic hoarder. Hurry up with that heart attack and keel over any time.
>>
File: 51mh-5Nfx7L.jpg (36 KB, 358x500)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>7448540
Given that they're stiffly standing straight up with their arms in iconic "L" shapes and they reference recreating G1, I'm pretty sure that's intentional, bud.
>>
>>7448534
>wahhhh i need my neon transforming evil monsters and squids and other cliche'd badguy crap that make no sense in the context of transformers

stop being a contrarian, if the original cons were "boring" most of the later ones are "retarded", stop trying to start wars that don't exist. buy toys you like and don't buy ones you don't, nobody cares about your preferences.
>>
https://www.walmart.com/ip/TRA-GEN-WFC-LEADER-ASTROTRAIN/804705540

Astrotrain is a Skystalker pretool. Looks like leader bases are back.
>>
>>7449298
Yikes. It's worse than I thought.
>>
>>7449114
>Limiting yourself to poses that could be done by a 35 year old toys.
That is pretty retarded.
Just buy the old bricks if that is what you want.
>>
>>7448537
>>7448540
>>7449305
This is why no one likes you.
>>
>>7449298
was there a pic or something? Page is blank now.
>>
>>7449730
Seriously what do you get out of buying highly posable figures and posing them like ancient bricks when said bricks are readily available online in original and reproduction form? What is the point?
>>
File: 1517403615216.gif (3.35 MB, 500x500)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB GIF
>>7449875
Maybe because we're not posers?
>>
File: 1533795165281.png (367 KB, 607x361)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
>have no interest in Siege
>hate cybetronian alt modes in general
>battle damage looks like someone smeared shit on the figures
>being able to equip two dozens of weapons simultaneously doesn't tickle my fancy at all
>Siege Soundwave reviews start coming in
>alt mode is still shit, but robot mode looks great
>casettes are a separate purchase, but Soundwave without them would be incomplete
>decide to make an exception and get him once he comes out here
>yesterday start thinking how having only a single figure from the line would be weird
>ordered Megatron this morning "just to test how the line feels"
>looking forward to Brunt, whenever he is supposed to release, to actually utilise the line's gimmick
FUCK, it really is a slippery slope.
>>
>>7450011
I'm literally you except I still think Soundwave looks like shit. I have Hound though and love him despite all my misgivings about this line, and now I'm thinking about buying Prime and both Megatrons (normal and combat). And maybe Sixgun. And Brunt. And Impactor. Fuck.
>>
>>7450011
Once you buy one, you buy all due to consistency.
>>
>>7450018
Soundwave looks great, he has the best applied battle damage, not liking battle damage is fine, but there is a difference between not liking a gimmick and it being poorly executed. Aside from that, Soundwave is literally the best G1 Soundwave ever made who isn't MP.
>>
File: 20190315_070843.jpg (482 KB, 1504x2016)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>>7440740
This Prime is prime.
>>
>>7450036
>Soundwave is literally the best G1 Soundwave ever made who isn't MP.
You're not really wrong there. But even past his horrifically bad altmode, I dislike how excessive the greebling is, it makes him look busy. I also think that his chest is too thicc, and I don't dig the heavy wear on his cassette door. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty darn well done weathering there, I just think they went too heavy and it makes an already busy figure look even busier.

Overall...ok, I can admit it doesn't look like shit. It's just not for me. It's like half of Siege seems rather sensibly handled, with adequate restraint, and the other half is greeble city. I wish there were more consistency.
>>
>>7450048
Still dosen’t disprove anon’s original statement, name a better g1 soundwave than siege
>>
>>7450051
I literally just agreed that there wasn't a better non-MP Soundwave than Siege. Did you even read my post dawg?
>>
>>7450057
Ah, my bad.
Paitant 4chan autism at work bro.
>>
>>7450044
Maybe you could use that oxi-clean to wipe all the shit off of him.
>>
>>7449295
>neon transforming evil monsters and squids and other cliche'd badguy crap that make no sense in the context of transformers
>he thinks there's some paragon of logic to aspire to in the fucking Transformers
Christ you're embarrassing.
>>
>>7450018
I totally get it, everyone has their preferences. I'm still surprised how good most Autobots in the line look, but I don't really want to go beyond Decepticons (I wouldn't mind getting one or two as presents, though).

I think it's just too good a Soundwave to pass up, Studio Series Bumblebee Soundwave should be amazing, but I'm not sure if he's anything but a rumour at this point.
>>
>>7450011
>>battle damage looks like someone smeared shit on the figures
I keep seeing this and am convinced anybody who says it has never seen shit in their lives. That seems impossible.
>>
>>7450692
>stop making fun of Hasbro's bad decisions

No
>>
>>7450718
I'm just saying if you think that's a legitimate comparison, you might want to consider seeking out a medical professional.
>>
>>7450734
well if I was making healthy life choices I wouldn't be giving Hasbro any of my money and instead Takara.
>>
>>7450096
>robots in disguise
>don't have a disguise

i don't even hate those characters anyway, i'm merely playing devil's advocate to the retard who has a hateboner for the original cast and only apparently loves oh so wackyformers of the later years
>>
>>7450745
Takara died in 2006-2007 when Tomy bought them out. Now they release Hasbro versions with a sticker on the box because they've stopped giving a damn.
>>
File: 098-Megatron-Robot.jpg (392 KB, 2048x1223)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
I finally found Megatron today and love him. I was really worried about the reports of useless floppy ankle rockers, but even though they flop around, they also seem to hold up just fine in wide stances, sooo...I guess we're all good after all? The sculpt on this guy is so good, I didn't even realize how bad I was hurting for a good classic Megs until I got him.
>>
>>7451440
Okay. I'm sad to say this, but the more I mess with Megatron, the more pissed I get at his feet. They do hold in wide stances, but his default foot angle is kind of bad and he has a huge backpack, so I'm finding it hard getting him into relatively normal stances without him falling over. A forward and back hinge would have easily solved this, but Siege seems to have chosen ankle rockers and determined that this means we can't have normal ankle hinges anymore.
>>
>>7450734
I'm pretty sure that's a purposefully exaggerated statement, perhaps meant to rile up autismos like you, because no one cares enough to analyze whether it matches with actual shit stains or not.
[spoiler]It's okay in most cases and the community has already warmed up to that effect significantly since the first time we saw it.[/spoiler]
>>
>>7451599
it's still a wasted paint app that could go to better things, is totally not needed detail-wise, is inconsistent(scraped part next to clean part) and is only "accepted" because the fanboys know Hasbro doesn't give a fuck what they think so they can accept it or not buy the toys.

Give it time, Weijiang will do KOs without the smears.
>>
We are getting a BUMBLEBEE SEQUEL and a main series movie(not a TLK sequel but a main ensemble team movie set in the new universe)

>The main Transformers film franchise producer, Lorenzo di Bonaventura, stated he is currently overseeing the scripting of two Transformers films sequels. He said so as part of a bigger interview to a Japanese movie news website as part of the Bumblebee press tour. One of the films is the next big tentpole Transformers film to follow The Last Knight, while the other is a sequel to Bumblebee. Please keep in mind that the film following the last Knight was already said to be a new experience and thus may involve a new storyline rather than finishing what was started in the Last Knight. The Bumblebee sequel is said to be a buddy movie featuring Optimus and Bumblebee. So one would take place in the past while the other in the present.

>Here is a quote from the website:
>Throughout the day, Di Bonaventura talks with smiles," Our greatest mission is to the audience To be satisfied, "to meet the expectations of the audience." To that end, he and his colleagues are already working on a new series. "We are already working on two projects and are in the process of writing a script. One is the latest in the main family series following Transformers: The Last Knight and the other is a sequel to Bumblebee So, we are thinking of works where Optimus Prime and Bumblebee will be the buddy (buddy), but when Optimus and Bumblebee are the movies of the protagonists ... how human beings get involved in their drama In the first place, the size is different between human beings and theirs .... It's a worrying point (laughs).

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/two-sequels-in-transformers-live-action-franchise-confirmed-in-development/43083/
>>
>>7451654
>Give it time, Weijiang will do KOs without the smears
I think they're better off spending time on some other designs, because aside from Soundwave 90% of battle damage can be removed with alcohol.
>>
File: highbooty.jpg (37 KB, 480x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
big booty bot when drawfags
>>
>sneezes
sorry not sorry
>>
Okay, so I'm a relatively newbie toy collector who grew up with the G1 show, have picked up some Masterpiece figures (because why not) and I love the way these Siege figures look all fucked-up and battledamaged.

I also just watched Bumblebee last night and was wondering - are the Siege figures supposed to be specifically representing the characters in that version of the war for Cybertron (Starscream's Cybertron plane alt toy mode looks almost exactly like the alt modes used by the Decepticons on Cybertron in Bumblebee), or was that just a coincidence?
>>
>>7458376
It's seemingly a new continuity reimagining of G1. Starscream's Alt mode only looks the same because they're both inspired by the original cartoon tetrajet.
>>
File: 1552883627031.jpg (264 KB, 1053x699)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>7452114
>>
>mfw they transformed Ultra Magnus's arms wrong in the new Stranger Things trailer
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>7451480
This is my biggest problem with siege as a whole. It's like they read complaints about no ankle rockers and went "ok, that's what people want, let's give them exactly that!" without understanding WHY people wanted those on top of normal forward/backward range.

It's cool that they finally nailed megatron after so many tries, but he would have gone from good to amazing with like one more joint.
>>
>>7458400
none of those kids have to care about children's toys when smart phones and game grumps replaced the need for real life things
>>
reeeeeee why you idiots bumping this thread!!!
>>
>>7458419
fuck you
>>
>>7458376
The designs overlap because they both pull from a vague G1 Cybertronian design. They're not overtly intended to be the exact same thing, but I have a feeling Hasbro execs are happy to have brand line synergy, it's something they like to push these days.
>>
Any news on the release of toys alliance Soundwave yet?
>>
>>7446851
Everyone one I meet that cares about G1 Decepticons has been in their 30s, overweight and still living with their parents. And almost half of them have have "Megaton" as a user name.
>>
File: 2356456.png (3 KB, 439x87)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>7449875
we both know the answer
>>
>>7446851
>>7458596
I'm in my mid 20's and my love of the G1 Cons comes from Beast Wars and the 86 movie; although itsmainly for the 84/85 guys,and the movie Unicron trio, and Predaking. Otherwise I find a lot of G1 Decepticons pretty bland, I admit. My main complaint is that most G1 decepticons could pass for Autobots with different faction stickers, which I guess is the point but I like how later lines had the decepticons look more different aesthetically.

Armada had a great rounded decepticon cast in terms of different types of robot designs. The first Bay movie, too, has a really great set of Decepticons.
>>
>>7440740

Why is Soundwave so small?
>>
File: m0ek3h1mep121.jpg (733 KB, 4032x3024)
733 KB
733 KB JPG
>>7458670
They are all small anon. Even a toy of the same class a year ago has a good inch in height to the current brand. And you are paying $4 more for it
>>
What's the running change I'm supposed to be looking for on Siege Starscream?
>>
>>7458665
>My main complaint is that most G1 decepticons could pass for Autobots with different faction stickers, which I guess is the point but I like how later lines had the decepticons look more different aesthetically.
I don't really get this. Early Decepticons were primarily military or at least looked "sinister" like Soundwave.In later years, it felt the other way around, since the Autobots diversified into all sorts of military, creature, and sci-fi vehicles. Hell, the toyline actually screwed up at tiems and swapped factions for some characters.
>>
>>7458712
Where'd you get the black fists and cannon for Jazz?
>>
>>7458727
A pin in his chest. He has holes where the pin goes, but no pin on the early figures, but no pin, so it just friction holds in place, but falls off easy when you're trying to transform him. Ones with pins however are showing up apparently as well.
>>
>>7458712
Imaging thinking height represents value or quality. Yikes.
>>
>>7458780
Well it does irl
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/tall-people-smarter-short-people-article-1.1710484%3FoutputType%3Damp
>>
>>7458712
The newer figures have better articulation and look better though.
>>
File: index.jpg (14 KB, 259x194)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>7458789
>The newer figures have better articulation
not really, it's on par for what has come before, you can even see in the picture Jazz has wrist and thigh swivel that Swipe don't have. Swipe only has the ankle rocker, considering that unlike Jazz he dosn't turn into anything else other than a car it's bullshit to pay more for less plastic and engineering

>look better
it's more a throw up because the majority are covered in that awful "battle damage" paint swipes that is very inexcusable.
>>
>>7458785
I'm really not shocked, it's rare you see a guy under 5'9 do anything other than waste his life.
>>
Is there some trick I'm missing when transforming Starscream's head? It's getting stuck at a 45 degree angle when folding it back and it keeps that triple-thruster bit from folding all the way down to where it needs to. All the videos I've watched look like it all fits together okay, but mine isn't.
>>
>>7458799
>pay more for less plastic and engineering
Siege has more plastic than POTP figures.
>>
>>7458799
>you can even see in the picture Jazz has wrist and thigh swivel
WHOA! You couldn't be more full of shit on that one. Jazz has no wrist swivel. The mushroom peg was there solely so he could have black fists(presumibly on a takara version), but the black fists never happened. They don't move at all and are inhibited by the door parts on his arm. Also Sideswipe does have a thigh swivel, just not a cut in his sculpt. The legs have a mushroom peg hooked onto an almost ball joint system. You clearly don't own either figure.
>>
>>7440968

Except they don't and they don't.
>>
>>7441304

They can't help being negative, whiny pieces os shit. They need to find something to whine and cry about or they aren't happy.
>>
File: No Fun Gundam.png (578 KB, 801x837)
578 KB
578 KB PNG
>>7441474
>>7441546
>>
>>7441594

Shhhh. Let him have his bullshit justifications. You can't convince a Transfag to ever be positive about anything.
>>
File: He's right picard.png (256 KB, 610x457)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>7448534
>>
>>7449295

Not wallowing in negativity is contrarian? I guess as far as this fandom goes it is.
>>
>>7450094

Seeing as how there's no shit on him that would be impossible.
>>
>>7441333
Nice digits...https://mega.nz/#F!Ax4nUCCT!_5vN--HYA1R6ahJUNcx-wQ!MpgTQQIY
>>
>>7449875

It's not your place to dictate to others on how to and how not to pose their possessions.
>>
>>7450011

Wow. Sure is nice to be immune to the irrationality that plagues the fandom.
>>
>>7458712

Either go to Hasbro themselves and address your concerns to them or shut up. Talk is cheap.
>>
File: smug Starscream.jpg (75 KB, 434x432)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>7458799

>>People and vehicles that fight in a war never, ever get dirty or receive battle damage.
>>
>>7458801

I'm willing to bet you're over 5'9" and you're clearly a waste.
>>
>>7459145
The problem is that they are trying to do realistic paint jobs on cartoony bodies while keeping 80% of the things paint free cheap looking plastic. It looks like shit.
>>
File: 14934077204240.jpg (169 KB, 960x960)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>7440740
>still never arrived to europe
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFF

im from russia - may be they just never arrived to Wussia?
are there EU anons? did you got any of WFC figures?
>>
>>7459138
In my defense, I'm pretty new and I'm trying to be as picky as possible to not impulse buy everything available on the market right now.

I've picked up Megatron a few days ago and he's pretty cool, except for the ankles, which are either too loose or too stiff (former is annoying in tank mode and latter gets under my skin in robot mode). Battle damage and all the greeble add a bit of character "pure" G1 designs surely need.
>>
>>7459145
>Justifying shitsmears that don’t even look contestant
State of the fandom
>>
>>7459148
Wow that’s your best comeback? Clearly youre a Manlet
>>
>>7459403
>contestant
>One taking part in a contest; a competitor.
Seriously though, do you want them to be symmetrical or something?
>>
>>7459159

Plenty in the UK? Try ordering from a UK retailer
>>
>>7440740
>cheapest
here in SEA deluxe cost $35, voyager $50, and leader $90
studio series even worse because retails treated them as super limited item and restricts the distributions and jacked up the prices even more than siege
>>
So, it's probably safe to assume that eventually we'll get a Nemesis Prime/Scourge/Motormaster redeco/retool of Siege's OP in the WfC line?

Siege Optimus Prime is pretty cool, but I'd rather stick to Decepticons and SS BB OP seems better anyway.
>>
>>7459158
That's my issue, I'm not a fan of "battle damage" anyway but when they try to make them look like the toon and realistic at the same time it just makes it look like I'm getting a worn out toy.
>>7459159
trust me you are not missing much
>>
>>7458712
>>7458780

Funny thing being, those two figures weigh almost exactly the same unless you count the combiner part with Jazz.
>>
>>7458632
That is spot on
>CW shows up
>"Best series ever! New combiners!"
>end of the line
>"It's shit"
>TR rolls in
>"Headmasters are back that's awesome"
>TR ends
>"What a shitty gimmick"
and on and on. It's just whatever is the hot new shit and that's all anyone seems to care about
>>
Probably a dumb idea but I'm asking here. I have a choice of
Studio series Jetfire
Studio series Rampage
Studio series BB Optimus prime.
I'm leaning towards jetfire but why should I get one over the others?
Options are get jetfire and nothing else, or get one other Voyager class guys and get something else later.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (20 KB, 300x268)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>7459541
I've seen praise for all of them. So really there's no wrong answer. Of those three, I only have Rampage I think he's a lot of fun; I love his weird insectoid bot mode.

I know Jetfire suffers terribly from "robot stuck to the underside of a plane" syndrome, and personally he doesn't interest me. Like, it looks like you see his entire head just sticking out in jet mode.

BB Optimus looks good though, he's really the only thing showing up at retail that I'm on the lookout for.
>>
>>7459543
Guess I will go with rampage. I just traded my 2009 devastator for overlord at my local toy shop and I need to get devastator again.
>>
File: 102867396.jpg (42 KB, 1062x868)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
https://discord.gg/j8XeYwN
>>
So I've seen all of Wave 2 except for Soundwave. He's the one I want the most too. Starscream is cool but his chest is annoying for sure. Hopefully now that I've seen two Walmarts have Wave 2 in maybe I'll find Soundwave this weekend.
>>
>>7447063
Walmarts here just got him on Tuesday of this week
And I'm not aware of any target that got him.
Try over the next week
>>
>>7449298
Stop posting this troll link
>>
>>7458712
>$4 more
What are you talking about
Toys went from, what, 17 dollars to 18 dollars?
Also, siege is weightier than previous lines
>>
>>7459456
I could see us getting a nemisis/nova prime retool of galaxy prime
>>
>>7441304
Fuck these faggots, anon. Siege is for the most part , a good toyline. Ignore them
>>
>>7450011
Welcome the toy collecting, the true gateway drug
>>
>Originally wasn’t going to get all of Siege wave 1 due to already having versions of the characters
>Get micromasters and target masters initially
>want cog and Flywheels but it was cheaper to get them by ordering a set of wave 1 deluxes
>Get special edition G2 Megatron because it’s special and cool looking
>Get Shockwave because it’s actually good
>See Siege megatron going for 20 bucks on amazon warehouse deals
>buy it because it’s cheap
>Already have CW Magnus
>See Siege Magnus going for 35 bucks on amazon warehouse deals
>buy it because it’s cheap
>all I am missing from wave 1 is Optimus and there’s so many 3rd party kits coming for him that turn him into a different character

I’m in deep
>>
>>7459844
That would be the worst, but seeing how Shockwave was just a Voyager with a ton of junk thrown in, I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>7459543

Jetfire is great for the robot mode, very expressive, solid, and well sculpted. You have to like the character design though. Combined mode and jet mode feel kinda sorta like bonuses.
>>
>>7459838
depends where you shop but MSRP was

Ptop Deluxe 15.99
Siege Deluxe 19.99
Ptop Voyager 24.99
Siege Voyager 29.99
Ptop Leader 44.99
Siege Leader 49.99

Now you can have fluxes in cost and what not but it varies by location and online shopping. Where you were seems to have not undersold PotPs like mine did where they were 14.99 at Walmart which makes the 17.99 more obvious, you were getting raked with a higher cost some of us never felt during Prime Wars. Regardless I'm personally more concerned how they traded detailed paint apps and decos for whatever this smudge damage is suppose to be as well as the very afterthought alt modes with the bigger more pricey robots.
>>
File: hcgm fyjnrd.jpg (843 KB, 1200x685)
843 KB
843 KB JPG
>>7458712
Oh look, it's another "figures of the same class are smaller now" shitposter.

Just ignore them and they'll go away.
>>
File: 1494519745927.jpg (32 KB, 498x614)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>7460170
>Just ignore them
like you did by replying to a day old post?
>>
>>7460170
Now put Siege Sideswipe beside Universe 2006 Sideswipe.
>>
>>7460179
Or Siege Ironhide beside 2006 Ironhide.

See? The rest of us can cherry pick too. Your arguments are pathetic.
>>
File: 145643540788.jpg (94 KB, 900x726)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>7460170
That Starscream on the left also cost $9.99. With inflation that's $12.
Not picking a fight over height but more that looking at when the same chunk of plastic was much cheaper isn't the best way to go with this debate/fight/shitpost.
>>
>>7460182
lol
>>
File: 2959675703_ed043373b1.jpg (135 KB, 500x375)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>7460182
>2006 Ironhide
movie Ironhide? Generations was 2008
also he is just as tall as 2006 Sideswipe so you are just looking very stupid.
I mean if that was your plan well played.
>>
>>7460184
>That Starscream on the left also cost $9.99. With inflation that's $12.
You have no idea how inflation works. Oil prices are a lot more than you think. Figures that were made in 2006 cost twice as much to make now. Don't like it? Sell your own oil cheaper than the sand niggers do.
>>
File: Stegers.jpg (520 KB, 2048x1536)
520 KB
520 KB JPG
>>7460188
>also he is just as tall as 2006 Sideswipe so you are just looking very stupid.
Ignorance doesn't win you an argument, it just means that you fail even more.

2008 Ironhide is shorter than Siege Ironhide
>>
File: Optimus.png (745 KB, 640x960)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
are sideswipe or hound worth picking up? I have flywheels/cog/shockwave and they're nice.
>>
>>7460189
>You have no idea how inflation works
nor do you, anon likely meant cost adjustment, like the buying power of $5 20 years ago isn't the same as now. You are on a different tangent with oil prices
>>
>>7460189
America already does that, America is already 100% energy independent as of a few years ago.
>>
>>7460197
If you think oil prices don't matter, you're stupider than we thought.
>>
>>7460193
>Ignorance doesn't win you an argument, it just means that you fail even more.
You must lose a lot in life because Siege Iron hide is short, so is that SS, the whole line is manlets
>>
>>7460200
>America is already 100% energy independent as of a few years ago
Keep telling yourselves that, Jesusland.
>>
>>7460196
on it's own, Hound's probably the best figure from wave 1, Sideswipe's alright, lack of wrists makes me sad tho.
>>
File: 1453215583180.jpg (21 KB, 400x418)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>7460205
You seem really hostile and blind to the conversation. Because nothing type is saying otherwise. Take a breath, go hang with your roommate/spouse/whoever lives with you about you day and clear you head because you are seeing fights that are not their.
>>
Does anyone know if they have the new wave at EB Games in Canada yet?
>>
File: P1060466.jpg (1.61 MB, 2048x1536)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>7458712
As someone who literally has twenty years of Transformers sitting on his floor right now (pic related) I can 100% call bullcrap on this claim. When eyeing up figures from as far back as 1999 (if you want to get technical, 1995 as RiD Scourge uses the G2 Prime mold) there is a TON of variation in height between figures from the same "Class". There are Armada figures the same height as 07 movie figures, TF:Prime figures that are much smaller then Titan's return figures.

Hell, I have voyagers from Energon, Cybertron, TFTM07, RotF, HftD, TF:P, TR and CW all set up near each other and most of them are all nearly the same height. Character and the specific line the figure is from plays more of a factor in it's height then anything else. With Siege specifically, they've already made it clear they're making an effort to keep the figures in "character scale" compared to each other. It's why Shockwave is a tiny leader while Ironhide is a hulking deluxe.

As for the topic of Siege itself, I managed to pick up Soundwave today and despite his terrible alt mode and lack of any cassettes, I'm super happy with him. He'll be the first Soundwave to officially replace my old, *old* Cybertron Soundwave in my Decepticon ranks. While I always did love the concept and design of the Cybertron Soundwave and his Stealth Fighter mode, his toy was just an absolute mess. Fiddly, covered in kibble and barely able to stand. Siege Soundwave just looks imposing and blocky and is just covered in weaponry. I don't think I've ever seen a Soundwave as armed to the teeth as this one.

My biggest complaints are again, his terrible alt mode and the fact that he doesn't include a single Cassette. I think this is the first mainline Soundwave figure to NOT have some sort of minion included with him, not counting the movie versions. I'll certainly pick up the Laserbeak/Ravage 2 pack when I see em because Soundwave isn't complete without his team.
>>
File: soundwave.jpg (77 KB, 1000x750)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>half-assed alt mode that doesn't look like anything
>floppy little engine pods that don't click in anywhere
>shoulders soft ratchet from 90 to 45 degrees with nothing in between
>right arm doesn't even securely pop into place due to the pointless antenna
>dinky little gun weapon whose only use is to make Megatron look slightly more interesting in robot mode
I've been loving Siege so far, but Soundwave is fucking stinker, probably the worst of the line so far. Robot mode looks good though.
>>
>>7460725
it has godlike (except for empty hands may be) affordable robot mode that comes with 2 cassetes
so you can fuck off retard
>>
>>7460747
>it has godlike (except for empty hands may be)
godlike what?
>comes with 2 cassetes
They're sold separately.
>>
>>7460759
>godlike what?
Can you not read?
>>
>>7460725
>>right arm doesn't even securely pop into place due to the pointless antenna
I don't have this problem at all on mine
>>
>>7460156
You're confusing titans return and potp
Potp deluxe msrp was 16.99, and leader was 49.99
Voyager was where the real jump happened.
>>
>>7460184
That Starscream on the left is made out of cheaper and shittier plastic and has hollow parts, and poor articulation. You can't even raise his arms forward to fire his null-rays. There's way more plastic in the current Siege figures than there were in figures from even figures made years ago. Even weighing bigger figures of the same characters such as with Ultra Magnus shows that there is considerable more weight in the figures from the amount of plastic; you're getting a higher quality figure.
>>
File: Hound upgrade kit.jpg (137 KB, 1200x798)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>7460196
Very much so, and there's some kits for both Hound and Sideswipe to give them G1 accessories and extra hands in the case of Hound.

The prototype pictures here are shown in gray, but everything will be cast in appropriate colors for the actual sets.

Where you can buy your set for Hound:

https://www.nonnef.com/collections/upgrades/products/hound-siege
>>
File: Sideswipe upgrade kit.jpg (120 KB, 1200x798)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>7460837
Sideswipe's set hasn't gone up for sale yet, but may go up next week.
>>
>>7460832
>That Starscream on the left is made out of cheaper and shittier plastic and has hollow parts, and poor articulation. You can't even raise his arms forward to fire his null-rays.
How wrong can you be.
>>
Do the old "tablet" minions from the previous Soundwave (the one who turned into some kind of fortress and boombox) fit into the siege soundwave? afraid i haven't found the new laserbeak/ravage set.
>>
>>7460843
Is this opposite day?
>>
>>7460844
Don't think so, those are a size class larger.

>>7460846
It uses the same ABS plastic. The only hollow part of the classics mold are the flipout wrists. The wings can bend away for the null rays to point forward. You are straight out lying there. Go kys.
>>
>>7460851
>The only hollow part of the classics mold are the flipout wrists

You forgot his sides and his weird head.

>can bend away
No, in fact you had to buy a 3P hinge or upgrade kit just to make it possible. Now please cut off your balls and flush them down the toilet, don't kill yourself though, live with it.
>>
>>7460859
The wings bend as part of the transformation, so it's time for you to lob your own sack off, but I don't think you have any to begin with. I'll email you 2 MISB Overlords if can prove you're not ball-less.
>>
File: upgrade kit.jpg (82 KB, 640x853)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>7460864
>The wings bend as part of the transformation
They don't bend the way you need them to moron, that's why the upgrade kits had smaller null-rays and hinges.

> I'll email you 2 MISB Overlords if can prove you're not ball-less.
You sound like a discord tranny
>>
>>7460869
>They don't bend the way you need them to moron,
Which means they do bend but not in the autistic manner you want them to. What are waiting for? Go deep fry those testicles of yours. You kept them in the fridge for this moment.
>>
>>7460878
Not him, but a lie is a lie and when you lie you put your balls in a pie. Go do it, faggot.
>>
File: classics starscream.jpg (42 KB, 413x800)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>7460886
>a lie
Yeah, you're lying, and a homosexual. You might say, fake and gay. There's zero clearance for the null-rays, because they were purposely made giant for safety reasons.
>>
File: classics starscream2.jpg (277 KB, 1877x1258)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>7460891
You have to get creative and show him from an angle just to make the wings folding back not like like pig shit on a hot summer day. That's why the upgrade kits had a hinge for you to attache to him, because they fucked not giving him one in the first place.
>>
>>7460891
>Acknowledge that the wings bend out of the way
>Still lying that the null rays can't point forward
Just take the L, even your mom is gravely disappointed in your faggotry.
>>
>>7460898
>>Acknowledge that the wings bend out of the way
Except they don't they fucking go down instead of back, hence the hinge that the upgrade kit added. You'd know that if you had an IQ above room temperature instead of whining over what the men on the internet said about your children's play things instead of getting pussy.
>>
File: my 600lb life.jpg (51 KB, 600x600)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>7460907
t.chucklefuck defender of his virginity still unable to admit he was wrong, whatever though. I'm getting sleep. Continuing not reproducing or having meaningful relationships of any kind though.
>>
>>7460909
I don't get how dishonest faggots like you go to sleep without guilt, but I still hope you rest in peace, forever.
>>
>>7460771
Mine works perfectly. And i love the adorable tiny conning tower
>>
>>7460904
Both mad and a faggot. I present to you, a maggot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrw2rItgSL8

Thoughts on the "boombox" or whatever mode, to me looks better than the "tapedeck" mode which requires a loss of arms
>>
>>7460909
>I'm getting sleep
why would you broadcast this? Do you just spend most of your day here? Do you worry that no response means you conceded? I just post and leave, if the person calls me a faggot and the thread goes 404 I don't give a shit
>>
>>7461034
>a 20 minute review of a fucking toy from wal-mart
Christ, I hate toy reviewers.
>>
>>7441333
Why bother buying such expensive toys if you’re got display them so shitty?
>>
>>7461072
I too generally hate the format and just skip around to see the toy, but blame the audience for those videos. If these dorks didn't painstakingly go through every detail of the transformation and describe every type of joint and every degree of articulation people would most likely spazz out on them
>>
>>7461072
Gotta get that ad money
>>
>>7461088
>If these dorks didn't painstakingly go through every detail of the transformation...
What irks me is the videos that don't do that and are STILL 20 minutes, just because the fucker making them can't be arsed to make notes or edit their shit, so they just ramble on about cartoon accuracy or height comparisons with the camera running, upload the whole thing and call it a "review"
>>
>>7461101
those are pretty sad
>>
File: download_20190322_065539.jpg (349 KB, 1122x1486)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
Ooof
>>
>>7461078
Why bother buying them at all?
>>
>>7461120
because this is all you have
>>
anyone here plays the card game?

It's pretty nice
>>
>>7461103
>>7461101
>>7461088
>>7461072
>>7461034
I've been considering getting into toy reviewing for tfs because of similar complaints, but then I wonder, what WOULD be the ideal tf toy review? Everyone rightly complains about how bad they are, but what could I do to avoid those ?

I'm thinking using a stand to show them off, and maybe a pointer, and wear gloves. Use cuts, script, etc.
Do people care about the packaging? I always skip that part.
>>
>>7461250
>what WOULD be the ideal tf toy review?
No review at all.

Or, I guess just one of those stop-motion deals that the nips do, sometimes.
>>
>>7461250
You can't win, because the majority of people who watch the videos are little kids and autists. If you want to appeal to THIS board, you'll have like 100 views per video tops, and then what's the point
>>
>>7461045
Just filter the retard already, hes a discord refugee
>>
>>7461250
Something like how peugh does his, but less ham handing, stick strictly to the figure and keep lore/accuracy fagging to a minimum so as to not make mistakes or bash a figure just because of supposed inaccuracies (like siege soundwave's alt mode, its accurate to nothing so base it off as its own thing, but you can discuss the secret mode since its a feature but no need to go full autistic about its shape).

Keep opinions to a minimum, let viewers judge a figure from the points you pick (good and bad), make sure to use a script if you speak and don't free hand anything (been there, its shitty and lazy) and be sure to speak nice and clearly.

At the end of the day a review is often one's own views in projection to another, but you don't need to shove it down someone's throat like how emgo shush's parts forming arguments (he can just...keep going rather than imitate anti-parts former autist personally).

As for boxes just a quick 2-3 second splice of each side and maybe the backing with maybe a caption of anything of note
>>
>>7461271
Depends, if he pumps out reviews fast enough and is really informative without making 30min reviews over a micromaster or legends class he might attract others especially if its posted to -other sites- he might have his own following.

Or he can dress up like a clown and act like a retard and become like the rest of them and steal their audience
>>
File: happytrigger.webm (2.84 MB, 1280x720)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
>>7461250
The silent, well-edited and well-shot ones are my favorites. Most of the toys you just have to look at them to get them. Maybe include some text/captions pointing out shit that's not obvious.

https://youtu.be/AZSfUwArnX0
>>
>>7461258
>>7461293
I like the idea that I think that emgo guy does, a separate video just about transforming, but I feel like lack of dialogue can lose a lot. Like, making a comment about how the soft plastic might snap differently than hard plastic, or mentioning running changes that might be relevant.
>>7461276
>>7461279
Honestly, if I even had 100 views per video I'd still be happy. Bout to go through an extremely stressful year, and will likely lose access to my social circle, so having anything that keeps me on a regular cycle of interaction is going to be essential to my mental wellbeing
>>
>>7461220
I had a time where I bought a bunch to packs but no one plays it around me so I'm selling them.
>>
>>7461306
>but I feel like lack of dialogue can lose a lot. Like, making a comment about how the soft plastic might snap differently than hard plastic, or mentioning running changes that might be relevant.
Just use captions. Spoken videos are sometimes more awkward because the reviewer will feel to need to keep speaking even when they don't need to. It's why some reviewers end up saying "THIS, THIS IS VERY NICE" half the time.
>>
Tried a few fan modes for soundy
Here's a submarine
>>
>>7461316
And what I like to call, space truck mode
>>
File: file.png (1.3 MB, 2048x1536)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
I gave my bird new guns/treads
>>
File: file.png (1.58 MB, 2048x1536)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>7461329
It's Micronauts Red Falcon if anyone is wondering.

I still need to get all the Micromasters. 5mm pegs are fun.

I bought the Combat Megatron to give him this guy's wings too but I have no idea when ages3andup or any other retailer will get them in stock. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>7461105
F
>>
File: IMG_20190322_105417.jpg (629 KB, 1135x791)
629 KB
629 KB JPG
I hope you virigins also collect the Chad studio series.
>>
>>7461347
Only the OP. The rest look dumb. The orange bulldozer looks kinda neat tho
>>
File: 20190322_133923.jpg (34 KB, 684x513)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
just picked up this glorious bastard
hes a beauty
>>
>>7461347
I've actually started with SS and didn't mean to get anything else, because most Transformers toys look like ass. But Siege turned out to be so good I'm now following these two lines.
>>
>>7461394
Oh hey, they made a SS of the Megatron from Universal Studios!
>>
File: Fry.jpg (112 KB, 604x453)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>7461437
>>
File: eb_162616777198_2.jpg (539 KB, 898x1085)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>7461440
>SS Evac when?
>>
>>7461347
I saw him in the store but just couldn't convince myself to buy him
most optimi don't get my interest though
>>
have yet to find the ravage/laserbeak in store and it is pissing me off
>>
>>7463857
You're just not looking hard enough. You're lazy.
>>
>>7463857
Have you checked Soundwave's breasts?
>>
>sneezes
sorrynotsorry
>>
>>7461347
I hate this figure. It’s a mess of loose panels and joints
>>
>>7467600
And it has that awful Knightformer design too. Or were you talking about the Siege one?
>>
>>7467600
>It's funny because it applies to both figures

I prefer Siege
>>
>>7468045
A man of taste. Have an upvote.
>>
>coughs
opps
>>
bump
>>
File: 20190328_192225 - Copy.jpg (1.1 MB, 2656x1494)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
Working on some Prowl stickers to fix his stupid Cybertronian canopy thing.
>>
File: 20190328_192230 - Copy.jpg (1.11 MB, 2656x1494)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>7470935
>>
>>7470935
>>7470936
>Can't wait till the inevitable Earth mode retool
Suit yourself.
>>
>>7471027
>trusting Hasbro to do anything right
>>
File: IMG_20190328_214655_1.jpg (1.82 MB, 3024x3356)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
Got me a Sixgun and went for an Ultrazord type of build.
I love this line so much.
>>
I got new antidepressants and a new debit card bc lost wallet, I feel the need to reward myself for doing nothing, possibly when I go grab beers tomorrow.

I missed the buy-one-get-one-half-off sale but those seem to come back now and then. Should I get Firebolt or Blowpipe? I would have saved $3 from the sale so I might just grab 0-1 of them. I like Hot Rod a lot, but his targetmaster has that hideous and cheap-looking white. At least blue is a different colour, cheap-looking plastic but I'd feel I was given more for my money bc colours.

>they're binary-bonded so Hot Rod's probably trying not to fall down
This comment made them more beloved to me, because Hot Rod is a good boy
>>
File: IMG_20190329_184957940~2.jpg (1.31 MB, 1803x2748)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>7446533
>>
>>7440740
how do i remove the shit stains? i can't just scrape it with tamiya sandpaper can't i?

>b-but anon, it's part of the charm
it's looks like shit
>>
so what's the deal with this trilogy aspect? are all the waves going to be cybertronian designs?
>>
>>7472615
Rubbing alcohol

>>b-but anon, it's part of the charm
No one here says that.
>>
Picked up Soundwave today and he's awesome. I don't even mind the alt mode that much. Plus having seen pictures of the fan made cassette mode so it's sort of a non issue.
>>
File: tapedeckmode.jpg (27 KB, 443x332)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>7472738
>>
>>7472725
I am. Right now.
It's also why there's a 5$ price difference.
Stop being autistic over battle damage that isn't even intrusive.
>>
cough
>>
>>7475209
So, uh. How's the weather?
>>
>>7459871
>all I am missing from wave 1 is Optimus and there’s so many 3rd party kits coming for him that turn him into a different character
say what now?
>>
Does Solus' purple match any TR deluxes or voyagers?
>>
File: 20190401_061645.jpg (1.6 MB, 3264x1836)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG
I heard a few people say they were trying to focus on scale with siege. Squad looks pretty solid. I love how all the decepticons are bigger than the carbots.
>>
File: 20190401_063220.jpg (1.65 MB, 3264x1836)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>7475954
Ha almost forgot the star member of the team. Once i find a sixgun we can have a reckoning, but for now....Cog is Siege.
>>
>>7475410
Probably A Phat Lion. I'm lazy to check.
>>
>>7475410
Closest you get is grotesque
>>
>>7475972
>>
File: flappa.gif (770 KB, 418x358)
770 KB
770 KB GIF
>there's a blast effect peg on the bottom of siege optimus
>specifically just for that moment from the movie where he rides into battle and rockets into the air to transform
>>
>>7471236
Honestly, both of them have felt sturdy despite looking kinda bare-bones.
As for who to get, Blowpipe has the most universally-applicable blast effect and belongs to one of the best TR figures, so he's a good buy if you wanna mess around with that, but Firebolt has the best-looking gun mode and his blast effects looks really nice on him.
>>
File: 20190401_071853.jpg (1.63 MB, 3264x1836)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
Cog is a gentleman of leisure after all. Not sure i trust that new orange fellow on the left though....
>>
File: 20190401_071857.jpg (1.67 MB, 3264x1836)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>7476013
Sorry for the shitty phone pics. Slightly better.
>>
>>7476021
>>7476013

>Prowl is shorter than Hound

Goddammit
>>
Come on Hasbro Pulse, ship my Ironhide today already.
>>
oops, wrong thread.
>>
File: 2019-04-05 04.34.24.jpg (766 KB, 2560x1440)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
I just don't understand it.

When I disassembled Optimus and Ironhide and gave their battle-damage parts an alcohol bath, the paint just scrubbed right off

when when I do the exact same thing to Hound and Soundwave, the battle damage paint absolutely refuses to wash off, while the actual detail paint practically melted off.
>>
>>7483389
Hmm. I suspected it was a different application technique/paint type, since Optimus has the uniform battle damage tampos (with the tiny halftone pattern if you look closely) and Hound has the streaky, drybrushed type of battle damage. But from what I can tell, Soundwave and Ironhide don't really hold true to this example--Soundwave looks like he has the tampo type, and Ironhide looks like he has the drybrushed type. How mysterious.

Of course, I could be wrong about this, the only Siege figure I own so far is Hound.
>>
>>7483389
use paint thinner
>>
>>7483389
holy shit, so you found a way to rub off the shit stains AND the shitty greebles?

that's amazing
>>
>>7483525
D-do you know what a greeble is, anon?
>>
>>7483525
>wanting to get rid of two things (while apparently not even knowing what one of them is in the first place) setting Siege figures apart from the garish and blocky G1 designs
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>7483556
g1fags are cancer. there must be a way to permanently ban them
>>
>>7483578
G1 is the only thing worth a damn
>>
Okay, dumb question (this from a newbie to Transformers collecting).

I’m falling down the Siege rabbithole pretty hard - I picked up Optimus on a whim, and then Megatron, and then I liked them both so I also grabbed Hound, Starscream, Soundwave and Shockwave. How many more of these figures are out right now, and how many more are incoming in the near future?

It seems like the Siege line is popular enough that I wonder if they’ll end up reissuing most of the G1 stuff in this format.
>>
>>7485143
From wave 1, there's still Sideswipe, Cog and Flywheels for the Deluxes. There's also Leader Ultra Magnus.

For wave 2 Deluxes, there's Sixgun, Prowl, Chromia and Ironhide. You have all the Voyagers so far.

So not counting stuff like Battlemasters, you're 7 Deluxes and a Leader short so far.

Upcoming Voyagers are Thundercracker and Springer. Deluxe will have Brunt. Commander class Jetfire and Titan class Omega Supreme. As well as Star Convoy, Super Megatron, Cybertron Prime, Snap Trap and Armada Prime.

Transformers lines have been pretty short so far. PotP barely got pass wave 2. So with that said, Siege'll probably peter out after wave 4 or 5, as far as new molds go, though you can expect repaints like Thundercracker, Smokescreen, Blue Streak etc.

Don't expect the entire G1 line-up to get done in this style. If you really want modernized G1, you'll basically have to backtrack, give or take a decade.
>>
>>7485227
>If you really want modernized G1, you'll basically have to backtrack, give or take a decade.
Have they remade my boy Vroom yet?
>>
File: IMG_8047.jpg (2.08 MB, 4032x3024)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>7485227
Thanks for the guideline! I didn't realize so many other figures were already out yet - I'd only seen Jetfire and Red Car Guy so far. I figure if I pick up one of the big figures like Ultra Magnus or Jetfire, then I'm doomed to trying to at least get all of the best figures from the line from here on out.

Any word on if Hasbro is considering making Dinobots part of the Siege line? That wouldn't make any sense, right, since these are all supposed to be pre-Earth version of the characters?
>>
File: Kreo A Autobots.jpg (372 KB, 1125x705)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>7485253
You missed the Dinobots from the last wave. They're an alright bang for your buck, hopefully you can find a set online or at a nearby convention. Maybe hit up smaller toy stores/malls bc it wasn't too long ago.
Gonna take a depression nap someone help him out
>only have Grimlock
>his proportions are somewhat weird but I like him
>size/proportions and them being combiners throw a lot of people off regarding the Dinobots
Watch some photo or video reviews for your stuff as well, I consider my purchases for weeks/months at times but don't be like me

If you want cheap collectables of your characters, there's always Kreo, which you can probably find cheap online. Lower-quality lego figures basically. You can mix parts and make guys Hasbro didn't make, it's fun

Good luck anon, pls don't get jaded like some of us, enjoy your toys
>>
>>7485261
Thanks for the advice, too. What was that line with the Dinobots called?
>>
>>7485395
Power of the Primes
>>
>>7485232
Nope, sorry anon.
>>
>>7483389

You never know. Seemingly similar paints on different toys can behave completely differently. Some almost melt right off, some require a little scrubbing (paper towel or cotton swab in 91% alcohol only!), some require a soak in the same alcohol to soften it up first, and some will basically NEVER come off well enough to be worth it because the finished product won't look right/better than when the piece was painted originally.
>>
>>7490744
Getting a UV light and playing around with it has taught me so much. Seemingly identical looking plastics or paints on toys show up VERY differently under the UV light, like some glow and some do not. For example, while it all looks the same in daylight, SS Starscream's face is for some reason divided in half, one half of it glows like a phantom of the opera mask. Toy production is weird and apparently some very strange choices are made behind the scenes.
>>
File: dinobots.jpg (219 KB, 1280x720)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>7485253
The Dinobots came out, and they combine even. The combined mode is...a litle wonky. If you are willing to shell out a little extra money, there are third-party addons that fix most of the issues
>>
>>7461347
the left should be evasion optimus
>>
>sneezes
>>
>>7483389
Good to know about Ironhide. He’s the only Siege I’ve bought so far, and the damage paint has been bothering me.
>>
>>7493391
>>
File: -7957116796459623842.jpg (159 KB, 868x1000)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>7461453
It was originally a wide retail release that was (apparently) rereleased in Universal Studios packaging
>>
File: 20190416_061338.jpg (770 KB, 1080x1616)
770 KB
770 KB JPG
>>
>>7494989
Fake widows, fake news

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.