[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have you ever bought an expensive toy because of a viral marketing campaign?

https://youtu.be/7CJEPkqN4LU
>>
I feel like mezco becomes a worse company every year.
>>
File: 1672948793664527.png (76 KB, 405x322)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>A random high end figure from a poorly received and mostly forgotten movie from ten years ago
Well it is an interesting license I guess but even as a huge fan of indie horror I don't really care.
>>
>>10244138
Basically my reaction, though I had to look up the film and was surprised it was 2013 and not a newer movie they were making product for.
Such a weird choice, maybe someone who works there really likes it?
>>
>>10244144
Being extremely late on things is mezco's signature move.
>>
>>10244144
I imagine getting the license to make the figure was pretty cheap, that also could have played a role in it.
>>
>>10244138
I mean if they wanted to grab cheap-ass, forgotten horror licenses, I feel like 80s movies would be heaven for them and the designs and demand would both be better than for this one. I didn't even know any of this existed or even heard anyone ever talk about it. Compare that to 80s stuff that NECA refuses to make like Pumpkinhead or Basketcase or Leprechaun or C.H.U.D. Can't imagine they'd be much more expensive to license but they'd sell much more than this one
>>
>>10244209
Pumpkin head would be rad, I'd wager Charles Bronson from death wish could be affordable.
>>
i think mezco conan is cool but the price is way too much for me
that's all what i wanted to say
>>
>>10244102
lol holy shit I remember this being a viral thing on fucking Omegle and everyone thinking it was stupid back then.

Mezco what the fuck? Where is Batman 89?
>>
>>10244102
This guy looks like he'd be a cool villain for the Gotham by Gaslight Batman. Like a proto-Talon/Court of Owls member
>>
>>10244209
That would be a better route to take. I know I would buy a Belial, Pumpkinhead or Leprechaun in a second and I don't even particularly like Mezco figurea. Hell, they could probably get a decent cut from the hipster market they like to cater to by doing more recent indie horror stuff. The Lighthouse, The Void, X/Pearl and the like have way more of a presence in the horror zeitgeist than the fucking Lord of Tears.
>>
>>10244102
Mezco has to be the laziest company out there right now.
>>
>>10244106
They have. It's a shame too. I have a pretty substantial Mezco collection but they haven't made anything compelling since Conan.
>>
Don't buy Bigchap, it's shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ5Ma4adxSg
>>
>>10244433
Lol even D-amazing had the limb "snapping back" issue with his figure's knee. He just glossed over it like it was nothing of course.
>>
>>10244138
>from the award-winning film
>>
>>10244471
>D-amazing
That guy is a fucking retard
>>
File: 1664653209152136.jpg (56 KB, 517x656)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>10244865
Oh man I didn't notice that part.
What fucking award?
>>
>>10244893
a Razzie
>>
>>10244412
That beats Hasbro, for being the laziest and the greediest company out there right now.
>>10244332
I had a similar idea, in fact, I thought this character was one of their originals and would hang out with Vex and fight Atticus Doom and Doc Nocturnal. Cool design but Pumpkinhead, Killer Klowns, or even Candyman would be a gain they could net over NECA. Give me a Cronenberg Fly or Naked Lunch set.
>>
File: OpsA0eVP.gif (815 KB, 500x298)
815 KB
815 KB GIF
>>10244922
>Cronenberg
I would take back every negative thing I have ever said about Mezco if they made a Max Ren from Videodrome with a huge accessory load out. Naked Lunch would also be great.
>>
>>10244937
Wouldn't cronenberg cringe at the idea of his films getting toys for man children such as yourself?
>>
>>10244942
I don't know. Probably. Most out there filmmakers from around that era have kind of a stick in the mud attitude about that sort of thing. I don't really care though since I think it would look nice next to my Blu-Ray of the movie.
>>
>>10244942
Go ahead and ask David Lynch what he thinks about Twin Peaks Funko Pops.
>>
>>10244949
>>10244979
dont you guys feel embarassed for wanting to consome plastic crap from pretentious hacks that consider their work untouchable and would further shallowify their work as children's entertainment if they ever placate to unironic soys boys such as yourself?
>>
>the attention whore pretending to be le mature man
lololol
>>
>>10244984
McFarlane made a Fly figure in the 90s, so no. My point is that these pretentious film makers have somewhere down the line signed off on merchandise. You don't have to recede your hairline further to figure this out.
>>
>>10244984
Uh-oh. Anon, is mad that people are enjoying things. At any rate, no.
>>
>>10244996
isnt mcfarty a pretentious hack himself? talk about no selfawareness from a heckin onions boys such as yourself kek
>>10244997
uh oh the man child is crying and begging there be ordinary action figure man from some dumb boring cringe fest no one remembers
>>
>>10245000
Nobody is going to engage man. You are being way too ovious. Go scream about villains in the Revoltech thread or something.
>>
>>10245004
>tranime poster
cringe
>>
>>10244942
>>10244984
Wow, Athena, two whole new sentences! You may just be able to become human, after all!
>>10245000
Oh... nevermind
>>
>>10244433
I wish companies wouldn't keep falling for the seamless meme, when has it ever actually worked and not resulted in a figure that tears apart in a year or two?
>>
Yeah, preordered the FSB Bantha almost 3 years ago. Biggest mistake of my life.
>>
>>10244102
The guy who made the movie is a pretty cool guy, I've talked to him a little bit. Sold me a copy of LoT directly. I bet he's fucking over the moon about this. Good for him.

I may consider ordering it.
>>
>>10245000
I know this is a really desperate plea for attention, given the reactions you've gotten in this thread. But it's like your reading level is far behind for someone who is nearing or at 40 years of age. Todd clearly takes the business where he can, look at his IP nets over the years. So no, he's not pretentious. I don't like onions, they are my least favorite topping for any occasion. You should either enroll in some online classes or take some medicine. Maybe call your parents and try to reconcile your relationship. Maybe they have made peace with you being a failure.
>>
>>10245000
'onion boy' GANTZ?!?
>>
>>10245291
>when has it ever actually worked and not resulted in a figure that tears apart in a year or two?

I have a lot of seemless figures that are 10+ years old, some I got second hand. the caveat is that you can't pose them much, but that's another story.
>>
Is the new Conan figure gonna have a new body like Death Dealer?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.