[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 128 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: meds bionicle.jpg (146 KB, 512x497)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>The World of Bionicle
Media: https://biomediaproject.com/bmp/
Story: https://wallofhistory.com/
Wiki: https://biosector01.com/

>Building with Bionicle
Studio: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page
Guide (also includes official and custom parts packs): https://bioniclerebuilt.wixsite.com/fallingstars/studio-guide-v2

Previous thread: >>10231715
>>
File: UntitledModel.png (197 KB, 800x600)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>10243914
any other anons use STUD.IO?
>>
>>10243943
no you're the only one
>>
File: matoran_onu.png (866 KB, 1280x960)
866 KB
866 KB PNG
>>10243943
I like using it for mocs that I plan to build
>>
>>10243943
i don't know why but i really dislike digital mocs
>>
>>10243994
I like having access to new pieces and colors
>>
File: 1645638692957.jpg (467 KB, 2015x1512)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
New thread so let me ask again, but could I get some rahi builds for inspiration? The more functional, the better.
>>
>>10243994
I don't think anyone actually makes things there for the sake of making something rather than with the eventual desire to actually build it, whether through bricklink or pick a brick. Too bad there was no quick way to essentially export the parts to pick a brick though.
>>
>>10243962
that's a sick build, i love chunky little matoran
>>
>>10243962
I should build more Matoran
Could I see a better breakdown of the torso?
>>
File: torso.png (165 KB, 793x491)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>10244123
thx, I do too
>>10244131
the 1/2 pins are the new ones with friction ridges
>>
File: little dudes.jpg (1.48 MB, 2315x1736)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>10244150
here's the builds IRL, I made small variations between the male and female versions
>>
What are the chances someone makes stickers for the rest of the masks to make a full system team?
>>
>>10239999 #
Personally I think Makuta is projecting himself as an illusion, so when the Toa blast him they aren't actually hitting anything at all. I headcanon that Toa require a target in order to form a Toa seal. If they're directing their powers at nothing, the seal can't be formed around anything.
>>
>>10244158
Nice work, these are both really nice. Btw do you have a number for those thumbs? I've been trying to find that part on .io and cannot seem to be able to. Event tried just searching for it outside of it and nothing is coming up.
>>
>>10243914
I’m trying to come up with some powers for Rahkshi Kaitas. In the last thread someone suggested that the secondary powers that such a Kaita displays would be dependent on which Kraata is dominant, which I like, but what ideas can we come up with for said Kraata powers? The last thread came up with ideas for the other four of the original six Rahkshi types, but only a couple ideas for some of the others. Like, what might Insect, Rahi, or Plant Control Rahkshi get as powers in such a fusion? Teleportation Rahkshi? Adaptation?
>>
>>10243994
IDK why but by default it exports MOCs with really gross washed-out colours and lighting. They look a bit better with some photo editing.
>>
I’ve been out of the loop for a decade, I was surprised to hear how retarded bzp got. What are some of the most ridiculous things/ people in the community? Last time I was super invested in bionicle was like 2004
>>
>>10244237
the part with the tow ball is 3614a Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Tow Ball with Round Hole (Homemaker Figure / Maxifigure Hand). about half of the parts I used are very high-quality chinese knockoffs, which is how I got colors that lego doesn't produce (and the black piece used for the opposable thumbs). the website I got them from is dead now but you can still get them from webrick, albeit for a worse price
>>
>>10244351
>(and the black piece used for the opposable thumbs)
Ok ya this was the one I was looking for. I'm surprised they haven't made an official one themselves. Thanks for the response.
>>
The Schizo posting wont stop
>>
>>10243914
Im off my meds and online
>>
>>10244445
>>10244437
I'm drunk and ready to party anon
>>
File: 71786-1.png (387 KB, 800x593)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
>largest amount of pearl gold Bohrok eyes in a set since Brutaka
Found what I'm getting for the GWP.
>>
>>10244515
Are there only 4? Lots of gold pieces too, and swords, and claws. Lots of good pieces there, ya.
>>
>>10244275
>Accuracy
Can shoot spikes from its spines (wherever they might end up) which regenerate nearly instantly.
>Adaptation
Can bring inanimate matter alive, like Thok.
>Chain Lightning
Can transform its own body into a living lightning bolt.
>Chameleon
Develops a chameleon-like tongue with sticky saliva.
>Confusion
Can create a shield like the Hau to protect it while it creates its confusion fields.
>Cyclone
Can spin like a sawblade and fly into foes.
>Darkness
Can create portals to the Field of Shadows like the Kahgarak.
>Density Control
Can turn into a gas cloud to suffocate opponents. A risky move as it may be unable to reform itself if it's completely blown away.
>Dodge
Can shrink to the size of an insect.
>Elasticity
Can liquify its body and slam enemies like a living wave.
>Electricity
Telekinesis.
>Fire resistance
Can summon an ice golem. It has no control over the monster, though, and the creature attacks indiscriminately.
>Gravity
Limited stone powers, can create chinks of rock to hurl at foes.
>Heat Vision
Can also shoot freeze rays that encase targets in ice.
>Ice resistance
Can summon a magma monster. Like Fire resistance, it can't control it.
>Illusion
Through limited telepathy, it can create illusions tailored to foes' fears.
>Insect control
Creates a poison that can mutate foes into insect-like forms, which are subservient to the kaita. The effects are temporary and the target changes back once the poison wears off.
>Laser Vision
Has sonar-like senses that allow it to "see" through its whole body.
>Limited invulnerability
Can share its invulnerability with anything it touches.
>Magnetism
Limited iron powers, it can create and shoot bits of shrapnel.
>Mind reading
Can literally enter minds to possess other beings.
>Molecular disruption
Can shoot beams with a mutating effect like the random reconstitute kanoka.
>Plant control
Can grow armor piercing thorns all over its body.
>Plasma
Can absorb the heat of whatever it touches, freezing it.
(1/2)
>>
>>10244330
>bzp
I'll never forget when I called out Greg Farshtey on there. The soicuck got so triggered
>>
>>10244521
6 actually. 2 at the top half of the wings near their base, 2 beneath, and one under each wing halfway up.
>>
>>10244550
What happened
>>
>>10244275
Primary power turning the enemy gay for an amount of time secondary power is to turn the enemy trans temporarily but this uses an enormous amount of energy

What do you guys think?
>>
>>10244565
Also the crux is that if you over use the power to much it can backfire partially or entirely on yourself, it’s unstable like the mask of time
>>
>>10244562
Around 2005 or 2006 I think, there was a huge debate on BZP about the new gen designs at the time. I remember there was a lot of criticism of the projectile weapons becoming more and more like firearms.
Anyway, Farshtey comes in and starts defending this shit, and I get in an argument with him. It gets to the point where I said that he's more partial to the tastes of children who are not even smart enough to spell their own name - a point I still stand by.
Well, old Greggy boy didn't like that one bit. He so vociferously demanded I apologize to those hypothetical dumb kids that I am sure he was red in the face, spitting, seething.
I never apologized.
>>
>>10244580
For context btw, by projectiles becoming more like firearms, yeah there was that dart you could fire with the Gena exosuit, but that had a fucking RUBBER tip and you could only hurt your eye if you shot it point blank. Those plastic marble ones the Pirahka carried though, those fuckers could do some damage.
Gregory had no response to my argument that he was catering to retards, though I never used that word.
>>
>>10244588
>Gena
Gen1
>>
>>10244580
Are you talking about the piraka and the inika projectiles that shot those balls? was that controversial? I had already dropped out by then, last set I bought was in 04 and the last time I was on bzp was like 2003. It’s funny to imagine the people so important to the franchise engaging one on one in any argument with the fans. on one hand I respect it and on the other hand it seems ridiculous.
>>
>>10244536
>Power Scream
Can transform into a living soundwave
>Quick Healing
Can control discarded Rahkshi armor, similar to the Tryna but limited to Rahkshi
>Rahi control
Can copy the powers of local rahi, like the Faxon
>Shapeshifting
Can grow to around five times its size, and use its newfound mass for greater shapeshifting. The size shift takes energy however so it can't maintain it for long.
>Silence
Can cancel powers that involve extreme heat or cold. Toa of Ice, Fire and Plasma become virtually without elemental power.
>Sleep
Can go into dreams, either as a mental attack or a means of hiding. If the dreamer wakes up while it's inside, the kaita is destroyed.
>Slow
Absorbs the speed of its target to increase its own.
>Sonics
Limited earth powers, can create earthquakes.
>Stasis Field
Can create solid force field to create invisible walls.
>Teleportation
Charges targets with teleportation energy that makes them warp at random.
>Vacuum
Can create razor sharp blades of air.
>Weather control
Can create firestorms, like fire tornadoes and raining fireballs.
>>
>>10243962
Why aren’t the parts this shiny in real life
>>
>>10235583
I still don’t get it
>>
Where can I get these fake sets
>>
I'm thinking of getting a pick a brick order and I've already gone over the threshold for standard pieces, but still need around 7 dollars from bestseller. I can add a bunch of mixel joints i don't have, but any other good suggestions for system MOCs?
>>
>>10244781
the ingot piece is cool for details
>>
>>10244616
lepin
>>
File: npa_2_-_090.jpg (293 KB, 984x1288)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>10244028
>>
>>10244330
Whatever you do, don’t join that Facebook group.
>>
>>10244330
Remember Aanchir, the autistic dude with a minifig avatar? He decided he was a lesbian several years ago. Many others have followed suit since and Bionicle is a transbian fandom now. This thread has one of the very few actual men left.
>>
>>10245156
What happens if they find or catch us wtf
>>
I had some bonks as a kid but never really followed the story, just thought they were cool. Being an adult now, I started collecting what I didn't have and found out the story was also cool. I however did NOT become a turbo tranny in the process. Are these people's kanohi infected or something?
>>
>>10245243
it's a mixture of being autistic and being lonely horny neets combined with a home-schooled christian upbringing (in some cases).
>>
>>10245264
you were on to something and then veered way off
>>
>>10245265
so, i was close but fumbled at the finished line so it was just autistic lonely neets
>>
>>10244580
>I never apologized.
based
>>
>>10245265
Nah, they're on point. People who spend their youth as part of a faith tend to be extremely sexually repressed, so when they're finally introduced to things that don't paint sexuality as a horrible nightmare thing they go too far. I was lucky enough to get out before I got into high school.
>>
File: 1647327682587.png (359 KB, 1280x960)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>10243943
I use it sometimes.
>>
>>10245493
Simplicity is sometimes sufficient, like that forearm, but often times I end up over complicating parts like those legs. I guess I try to pack in details.
>>
>>10245243
>I however did NOT become a turbo tranny in the process
If you are gay it still counts
>>10245156
So that fucking faggot is why everyone and their mother in the fandom is either gay, bi, trans or all of the above?
I call bullshit on that being the sole factor, the current narrative was already getting strong during 2015/16. In fact is the reason why the Transmaru was a thing in first place.
>>
>>10245578
*Rahkshi uses staff ability to turn you gay in your path*
>>
>>10245604
By the way that’s cannon- lerahk has this ability in the first film
>>
>>10245604
>>10245616
Confirmed, bionicle supports trans rights.
>>
>>10245626
The writers had Gali heal tahu, what did they mean by this?
>>
>>10245650
Taking a bath makes you straight
>>
>>10245156
>>10245243
>>10245264

this is why we must shizo post, to secure the existence and future for our bonkels.
>>
>>10245626
Takua is a trans allegory, anon! Bonkls is so F-ing valid!!!
>>
File: 173354647.jpg (567 KB, 3264x2448)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
>>10244028
Here's a scorpion I made, the tail stings. Other than the official stuff skybird makes a lot of cool rahi mocs with functions. Tributron blue and white doesn't make as many rahi but the ones he does make are cool and have functions.
>>
>>10245940
Love the old school aesthetic you went for, thanks anon!
>>
>>10245940
very cool anon

Got any more? (from you or the others you mentioned)
>>
>>
>>10245990
I'm the anon who posted all the bug rahi a couple threads ago so I don't want to repost them all so soon, but here's a cool mantis MOC by skybird. Him and Tributron usually have youtube videos for their mocs too which is good if you want to see how the functions work.
>>
File: whale.png (314 KB, 591x416)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>10246007
Also this whale from some guy on TTV who was making rahi boxart.
>>
>>10244131
>>10244150
>>10244158
You guys ever make some solidly built mata style toa that are similar to this? I've been wanting some mata with better articulation but finding a consistent build style has been tough since I'm a novice builder.
>>
fuck man the restrictions on the gift with purchase set hurt I just want the bonkle
>>
>>10245888
Ah, you're the tranny
>>
If the infected masks are STD analogies then what does makuta himself represent? And the kraata?
>>
>>10245890
The mask of light were hormones?
>>
File: 64269pb01.jpg (76 KB, 480x360)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>10244515
Those wings look like Tarix's weapons, neat.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (41 KB, 500x500)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>10246007
>White Huna
God, why did it have to be an ultra rare misprint.
>>
>>10246440
>why didn’t they give us this cool piece

It’s too based and Lego is fucking gay, that’s why. they’re more gay than they were before, but they always were a company which makes them gay by default. There is an inherent gay ratio that is alway at play when discussing a company. a gay to based dynamic that slides on a scale. Typically the longer a company exists the more gay it becomes.
>>
>>10244580
>>10244588
You sound autistic as fuck.
>>
i've never gotten a GWP before. is it on sale now?
>>
>>10246440
>>10246473
It's light gray anons, clearly. Go buy it
>>
>>10246483
It won't be on sale. You'll be able to get it once it's up on the site, or tomorrow in stores.
>>
>>10246554
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/bionicle-tahu-and-takua-40581

So we're waiting for this to say add to cart or something?
>>
File: michael-pereira-rahkshihq.jpg (367 KB, 1920x1080)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>10244536
>>10244596
Nice, thanks! What logic did you use for some of these BTW? Like, where's the connection between Gravity and stone abilities, or Sonics and Earth, just to give some examples?
>>
>>10246566
No you're supposed to add however much in your local currency it wants in products from (City, Classic, Creator 3in1, DOTS, Friends, Monkie Kid™ and/or NINJAGO) then they add it on to your order as a free item.

It doesn't seem to be working at the moment for some reason.
>>
>>10246568
>color coded enemies each have a unique STD related debuff ability
>>
I remember one time seeing a digital MOC of a huge brachiosaurous in the style of the 2001/2002 Rahi, but I can't find any trace of such a thing online.
>>
>>10246569
so when you get everything ordered and ready to pay it'll notify you that you've qualified for the GWP i presume?
>>
>>10245501
I keep complexity generally reserved for villains or what would otherwise constitute one of the larger official sets.
>>
>>10246598
It should. Currently there are some issues and it's not popping up. I would imagine they'd still honor the deal but it's probably safer to wait.
>>
>>10246614
Thanks anon! I checked twitter and it seems everyone is having similar issues living in burgerland. Will wait and see.
>>
>>10244804
are they any good?
>>
>>10246566
>>10246569
>>10246598
>>10246614
So essentially when you qualify it should show up in your digital cart, correct?
>>
File: Funky Makutas.png (133 KB, 574x362)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
What's their endgame?

>YMJWS
>>
>>10246846
>yeah makuta just won't sell
>>
will we have a bionicle fan as president soon? Surely they can put pressure on Lego to resume production. Time is on our side all we need to do is wait now.
>>
>>10246792
Correct. Some who've more experience have said you won't get it unless it actually shows up in the cart, so be sure to wait if you want the set.
>>
It's up now. A few min after I left for work. And I forgot my password. I can't imagine it would run out, though the limited stock at some shops is mildly worrisome. Ah well, if I can't get the set I'll just have to buy it on bricklink.
>>
>>10246957
It won't run out unless there are that many people not only desperate to get it, but also to scalp it.
I'm grateful I have a nearby Lego store so I can swing by shortly after they open.
>>
File: Gwp.jpg (3.23 MB, 2942x4029)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
>>10243914
Never post, just lurk these threads.
But I Got him lads!!!
Despite what it is, pretty exciting not gonna lie getting something Bionicle related for the first time since the glatorian days.

God what the fuck is this mess of a captcha system
>>
>>10246957
Call out, just yell that bionicle is back and you need to buy tahu while supplies last
>>
>>10246854
To be fair, the Volitak looks really good on him.
>>
>>10246568
My idea was to mainly give them powers that worked with the dominant kraata the way Kaita Vo has an enhanced Hunger power, like Accuracy getting a projectile attack. Gravity can create stones so it always has something to toss like a meteor shower and Sonics's earth powers allow it to send its vibrations through the earth to create quakes.
Otherwise, I just thought of powers that seemed thematically appropriate or had a bit of irony to them. Like Heat Vision and Plasma being able to freeze things in addition to generating extreme heat.
>>
>>10247005
I think the end product works surprisingly well. While I'm ok with the prints here (if it was a sticker I'd have definitely skipped on getting it), I think if there ever is a true G3 that the masks, and probably heads, should be unique pieces (maybe weapons too). They would of course also be the collectable items of the theme, through various sets and their own blind bags (gotta make the most out of dedicated tooling, though they could probably fit in a ton of System masks on a single tool), perhaps also with parts to create generic Matoran or Rahi as well.
>>
>>10247058
I’ve got a unique piece right here. A single tool one might say.
>>
File: 1642605797039.jpg (74 KB, 753x733)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>10247005
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
>>
Think they'll do Onua and Jaller next since they have the print designs for it?
>>
What do you guys make of Tahus behavior here at 0:33
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hesXImMaxa0
>>
>>10247088
They won't do shit it was just a gwp
>>
>>10247085
The red one
>>
What 2 buy to get this shitty GWP?
>>
File: 1521229287368.jpg (126 KB, 500x375)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>10247005
So it's officially out? Why isn't it on the website?
>>
>>10247084
Is it a hefty one?

>>10247149
Assorted pieces, combi mech, or some 3in1.
>>
File: Bonke.png (86 KB, 697x636)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>10247154
It is though
>>
>>10247257
oh thank god
>>
File: 1674846188889150.webm (2.92 MB, 750x722)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
Ummm, this was a fluke, right bros?
>>
>>10247291
>toa kaita vs manas.webm
>>
>>10247291
>>10247298
>Hewkii vs Carapar
>>
>>10247291
someone should have a manas fight an IRL crab
>>
>>10247005
Does anyone know how hard it would be to make stickers of the other masks to make the other toas?
>>
>>10247430
Not at all, you just need a printer that can do it. Even if you don't have it something like a Staples will probably have one
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-AK733I9gc
>>
File: Gwp3.jpg (1.72 MB, 3591x2693)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>10247005
Just built it. Really enjoyed building it honestly. Especially Takua, feels really similar to an actual tohunga to me. Although do wish tahu didn't have like red shoe tongues on his fee/shins, would have been better orange. And his head/mask does let him down. Doesn't work as well as it does for the pakari. Overall though pretty cool and neat little set.
>>
Okay what should I be buying
So far
>90 Years of Play (mini Tahu) $50
Still need $50 more
>>
>>10247542
>Really enjoyed building it honestly.
That thing can't have taken more than five minutes, if even that, how can you enjoy something that's finished before your tea as cooled.
>>
>>10247542
Nice. I think I'll mode mine a bit to give it ankles, either via Mixel joints or if that doesn't look right I can just use hinge pieces.

>>10247650
If you're buying that set you'll still have lots of pieces for building whatever else, like possibly Rahi. Maybe grab some Creator sets to get joints, like the Super Robot set (I actually bought 2 of those), though its backordered now. You could also get the Sunken Treasure Mission for some more joints, or some other assorted Classic parts. It didn't contribute to the total, but I also added some pick a brick pieces that I think could add to the bricks I bought, as well as for something like the Takanuva GWP.
>>
>>10247054
Okay, what about alternative powers for Darkness Rahkshi dominant Kaitas then? Because I'm not entirely sold on the one you suggested. Also, why can't the Fire and Ice Resistance Kaitas control their golems? And what was the logic for Electricity and Telekinesis?

Oh, and what about Kaita powers for the Rahkshi types unique to the Melding universe?
>>
>>10247665
Please post a timed video of yourself putting together a set with 200+ parts that you need to follow instructions for. Unless you're intentionally rushing things and have parts perfectly laid out I don't think you're getting it done in under 5 minutes.
>>
File: 1645936136363.png (100 KB, 300x300)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>10247680
No.
>>
File: reading.jpg (100 KB, 540x635)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>10247665
Is a sunset less beautiful when it's over so quickly? Is a hug from a loved one any less warm despite its brevity? Some of life's most precious moments are incredibly brief, but then so is life itself.
>>
>>10247650
Monkie Kid Combi Mech and Mei's Dragon Jet (the mech is nice and can combine with the jet) and the super robot. There's 50 bucks right there
>>
File: 1674845781774.jpg (990 KB, 1925x1066)
990 KB
990 KB JPG
>already own the aesthetically Superior 2001 Tahu and 2001 takua
>No need to buy the shitty ass money grubbing system set

Feels good brah
>>
>>10247669
Yeah, I'll try to make Rahi or something like that, seems like it could be fun to try to recreate some.
>Super Robot set for joints
Good idea. Wonder how well you could create something like the Takua build.
>>10247710
Lots of mecha in those themes. They look good for parts for the above.
>>
>want to get Tahu
>don't give a single shit about any of the qualifying sets
>>
>>10247675
Maybe a Rahkshi that can cast an AOE effect that turns enemies gay, and while the enemies are struggling to control their temporary gay urges with eachother, the Rahkshi can flee taking advantage of their confusion
>>
>>10247510
Just checked it out, and it's great how enthusiastic and excited he is about it. It's also making me tremendously sad that I don't have my old Tahu canister (I still have every other one). I think I may also draw on the Mata Nui and Makuta faces on the rocks as well, that was a fun little detail he added.
>>
>>10247542
I think I have stockhome syndrome, the set is growing on me and if they made all 6 toa I would buy them. I like the box.
>>
>>10247442
>>10247430
Scaling the stickers properly seems like the hardest part
>>
>>10247820
bricklink
>>
File: GWP Toa Turaga Matoran.png (2.39 MB, 2444x992)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB PNG
>>10247842
There are some solid MOCs out there of the whole group. This latest one uses hinges for the ankles but mixel ball and socket should work even better I'd think. Someone also made a good Nui Jaga with Matoran Makuta. The more people make the more system Bionicle seems like it could have legs.
>>
File: GWP Nui Jaga.png (563 KB, 958x492)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
>>10247873
>>
>>10247873
looks fucking stupid, but I'm probably gonna get the parts to build them from Webrick anyway
>>
>>10247877
Oh, and credit to the creator. He posted the google drive with stickers, parts, etc. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ozQOu7fTXG9eRLRIh840PA8wFPI-aFFE
>>
File: owo.png (3.16 MB, 1323x992)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB PNG
>>
>>10247898
You thieve them? I can't imagine you spent 700usd. Or perhaps buying them off people who didn't want it.
>>
>>10247873
Where do most of these parts even come from? Can you buy big creator sets that have a lot of these? Wishful thinking...
>>
File: MaskVariations.png (3.24 MB, 4332x2129)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB PNG
>>10247430
Theres these from duckbrick interview.
>>
>>10247906
Nothing so convenient, no. You could use Brickset or Bricklink to try to go through sets, like Classic ones in particular, looking for the various parts, but trying to find them all that way would probably not make a whole lot of sense financially. You'd be better off using Pick a Brick or Bricklink to get individual pieces. With the latter you of course have to be mindful of where all the items would be shipping from. For example I recently tried to put together a semi MOC and though the total on Bricklink was something like 45, the shipping brought it up to 130 or so because all the parts were from so many different stores (at least this is what happened when I used their automated parts picking). I got the same parts from Pick a Brick for around 50. Not a great price to piece ratio (50 for 350 or so pieces) but that's kind of how it goes.
>>
>>10247917
Yeah bricklink is pretty shit in my experience when mass ordering stuff. Gonna have to prowl around on lego.com and see what would be the best use for my $100.
Honestly seems like fun to try to make old Rahi designs at the very least.
>>
File: gwpaltbuilds.png (304 KB, 986x515)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>10247842
After hearing from the designers and seeing the prototypes and alternate pitches, it's growing on me too. Brothers really did their damnedest given the GWP and corporate restrictions. I ended up making my purchase with some Ninjago mechs to relive a bit of Exo Force.

I think it shows promise. Given the chance to be a theme that could allow for new parts, existing parts in new colors, and touched up engineering I think it could work really well. On a technical level anyway. The fear is always gonna be in marketing it well enough. Even if LEGO went for it, I don't think we'll ever see Toa sold by themselves again. LEGO will want to add some fluff which will inflate the price and likely piss some older fans off. Especially if LEGO has the nerve to include some Toa in bigger sets only. I did like the Rahi alt builds they did with the GWP which included using the fluff parts. Maybe taking the Creator route would be for the best for selling the Toa in reasonably and consistently priced sets. And on a side not I would love to see how they would approach the Toa Kaita too since the parts are easier to work with. But this is all fantastical conjecture.
>>
>>10247987
Given that the Toa and everything else would be brick built, it feels like they themselves would be the sets, and anything extra would be small, like a Kohlii ball, or goal posts, a small tree, some rahi fish and some sea weed, etc. Mid-range sets could be like the GWP with a Toa and a Matoran, someone previously mentioned mask packs that could have weapons and a Matoran to use them (essentially an army builder and collectible masks/weapons in one). Sets could also be just Toa, just Rahi (some big some small), former titans like Axonn would be 30-40 dollar sets, something like Ultimate Dume or the Bahrag could be 50-70, and so on. If they could make a new show that'd be good too. Even if not Bionicle, I think system built character focused sets is certainly an idea that can work. I definitely think this would be a way forward rather than minifigures. New specialized Mixel like parts to further enhance the smaller action figure type builds would also go a long way. And please no "8 steps back" like some recent mechs are doing with their static arms and legs.
>>
>>10247305
>Car repair?
I don't own a car.
>>
hahah pay up biocucks!!!
>>
File: Ideas GSR.jpg (80 KB, 1198x824)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>10248009
If they decided to make a System Bionicle then that might be the chance to get this Ideas Great Spirit Robot made. They don't seem to really believe in it as a popular item (and realistically at probably 200-300 dollars it probably wouldn't be), so I'd just opt for a made to order model for it. It'd be a fun centerpiece for a 'G3' collection. Then again, that also means 'G3' would be based on G1, and not something completely new that may not have a GSR, or at least one that looks like this.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hesXImMaxa0

0:33

was he always this smug? I didn’t get that impression of him from the MNOG
>>
>>10248087
[spoiler] ( )0( ) prrrt [/spoiler]
>>
>>10248137
I don't think it will be approved.
Duckbrick interview with lego says they're really only going to focus on the first three years of bionicle since its the most recognizable and had the highest amount of fans.
With far fewer people knowing about the later lore or giant robot battle at the end.
>>
>>10247873
Shit, I'm starting to like these. They just need to modify the heads to have masks and I'd be on board for a reboot.
>>
>>10247542
Tahu is kinda lame imo, I appreciate the articulation they gave him and the feet, while not articulated, is a lovely design.
I gotta admit tough, Takua is my favorite so far. Maybe it's my love toward Tohunga but I also appreciate they gave the little fella feel and arm articulation, I think I'll build a custom one if I have some spare pieces.
>>
>>10247898
>>10247902
Scalpers are fucking scum of earth, these GWP are already being sold at the same price for the purchase, if not higher.
>>
Is it true they gave Gali a big ass in the game?
>>
File: 1654445512192.png (514 KB, 874x491)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
>>10248338
>tfw I'd still rather pay a scalper than go with Lego's GWP scheme
It's a lose-lose situation
>>
>>10248216
All context for that was realistically about the GWP though, not necessarily a theme revival or reboot. Plus a made to order model just has to hit a minimum order quantity and it goes through (basically there's no fear of it not making them money).
>>
>>10248347
I mean, you could buy the designated sets to receive the GWP. You'd have your bonkle set and other sets you either could build or resell.
>>
>>10247873
>No red flag or pickaxe for matoro
>>
>>10248375
I just don't want to support the whole GWP thing, especially with them now limiting it to certain sets.
At the end of the day it's the choice between supporting some small asshole on ebay or some large asshole in the Lego store. Or missing out on muh bonkle but that ain't gonna happen lol.
>>
>>10245578
>So that fucking faggot is why everyone and their mother in the fandom is either gay, bi, trans or all of the above?
Oh no I didn't imply that, but he sure was one of the first ones to troon out. Still Aanchir was a big mod and I'm sure his act "encouraged" some younger fans.
>>
>>10247675
>what about alternative powers for Darkness Rahkshi dominant Kaitas then? Because I'm not entirely sold on the one you suggested.
I wanted a non-offensive shadow power so that elemental shadow was stil exclusively a makuta thing. The portals work for me because it's something makuta seemingly can't do.
>Also, why can't the Fire and Ice Resistance Kaitas control their golems?
Fire and Ice resistance are such weirdly specific powers in a world with complete fire and ice control, I wanted their kaita powers to be equally weird and impractical. Being unable to control their monsters was inspired by the Zatth.
>And what was the logic for Electricity and Telekinesis?
The electricity rahkshi create electric fields, unlike chain lightning who shoot it, so I figured they could extend it to mentally moving targets in those fields.
>>
Quick random question, when people add articulation through axle holes, is that by using those tube pieces? If not does anyone know how it'd done?
>>
>>10248417
Well, your decision pal. If you want to have the bonkle set that depends on you and your wallet. If I could I'd purchase some Monki Kid sets, they seem kinda cool.
>>
What are some degenerate tier Rahkshi abilities?
>>
>>
>>10248492
>slow
At top level can completely immobilize a target, a bit like a selective time stop.
>confusion
At top level can basically mindbreak a target.
>fear
Seeing a non-Bionicle character terrified for her life has given me an erection.
>>
>>10243943
I would if I were smart enough to figure out how to export and print the models.
>>
>>10248523
The parts all exist though, why would you print them rather than just get the pieces?
>>
>>10248519
I’m thinking we can as a group come up with a funny set of 6 abilities for a 4chan Rahkshi team
>>
>>10248532
I have a 3D printer but not money for an actual bionicles.
I'm from a poor country and the closer I got were two McTorans when I was a kid.
>>
>>10248576
In that case you can export the .io file into a format that can be imported with whatever 3d software you like using, then save that as an .stl or whatever format for your printing. Could certainly try it out and see how it goes. There are resources out there if you want to try searching for them.
>>
>>10248346
yes
>>
are g2 sets really that rare? I have almost every one
>>
Anyone know if there are bootleg 2000s-era bonkle pieces on places like Aliexpress? I know for a lot of copyrighted things, they get listed under aliases (for instance, Famicom games are often simply called "8-bit games") but I'm not sure what to search for. "Bionicle" just shows modern sets, "technic" just shows the generic staple pieces like axles, gears, etc, "moc" just shows other non-technic lego stuff. I want to build some old sets but don't want to pay the ridiculous prices for legit sets/pieces and don't care about collect-ability or value.
>>
>>10247510
>cans with CD rom had a gold lid
Is Faber huffing paint? That's just Pohatu's lid on Tahu's canister. All my advertised CD rom cans had a normal colored lid.
>>
>>10247873
Can you upload the file to this
>>
>>10243914
what in the fuck am I meant to get for Tahu and Takua, they've restricted the eligible products too much
>>
>>10248835
see >>10247710. for me I got 2 of the 90 years of play classic set (one is for a friend). so if you have a friend who likes lego but doesn't care about the GWP, you could try to convince them to let you buy something for them and pay you back. or just do some early christmas shopping
>>
>>10248848
your idea sounds better, I don't want Monkie Kid or Ninjago
>>
>>10248802
The creator has yet to provide, but he's said he's going to eventually.
>>
>>10248848
>49.99 x 2
>99.98
What about the last two cents?
>>
File: Ideas head bust.jpg (111 KB, 1183x826)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>10243914
Ideas Toa Head is a 'Staff Pick' and has gained a bit of steam recently. Support if you like. Bionicle with a sudden uptick of attention is hopefully a good thing. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/4daf2cfe-314a-4fb2-8cf0-5900f97ebff4
>>
>>10248912
Last one cent, even; you can qualify for the GWP of you buy a $99.99 set on the website
>>
>>10248500
Should be Vakama's hand
>>
Think they'd honor it if I went to the physical store and asked?
>>
>>10248972
redpill me on the tiger and why I should get it
>>
>>10249015
Butthole.
>>
>>10248972
I just asked to look at the box of Tahu and when they handed it to me I put $20 on the counter and left
>>
>>10249097
Sounds like a true story.
>>
File: FnF4akEWYAAnjms.jpg (68 KB, 1600x900)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
The best part about the new Takua build is that you can build Matoran you couldn't originally build without painting parts.
>>
>>10249050
no longer even remotely interested cheers
>>
File: bunny01_front.jpg (26 KB, 322x640)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Hey, does anyone have the instructions for this bunny girl model? I had an imgur guide, but I didn't save it and it was just nuked
>>
>>10248532
well some of the colors don't exist
>>
>>10249124
How many parts is he even? Want to try to make my own
>>
File: gsr.png (123 KB, 426x852)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>10248137
Just make it smaller.and smoother.
The head is inaccurate, and the whole model is just off proportioned, Mata Nui is a brainlet old man pinhead in a lanky Inika body where most mass is taken by the massive legs.
>>
>>10249381
Ideas products are always essentially re-done by Lego themselves, so I assume they'd make him appropriately. I wouldn't mind the size either way, but certainly at least somewhat large. I think made to order is the way to go.
>>
enough of the gay with purchase post bio mechanical asses
>>
>>10249490
didn't mean to namefag was typing the captcha and somehow it ended there
>>
>>10249491
Shut the fuck up r20 name fa
>>
>>10244616
I had them on my closest grocery store, got invincibility robot matau and nuju. Absolutely brittle plastic, loose joints, mold lines hurt my hands. You can tell the pieces apart from lego just by sliding a finger across, the material itself feels wrong, like touching an improperly grounded appliance.
Also got a bohrok and all the parts were the wrong color but the krana was alright.
>>
>>10248972
No they’ll execute you immediately. Saw it happen to another poor guy.
>>
>>10249680
America bros…why are our stores like this?
>>
>>10249381
>>10249432
This is something where I'd absolutely take it on the Bricklink program. It's a shame Sokoda's came first, because as nice as that looked it just wasn't a good model to pick up.
>>10248736
Ish. Second year mostly are rarer because they were limited in release, especially Ekimu, the Beasts, and UtD who only saw Lego Store and TRU release in the US. Add in Makuta requiring a shit ton of sets making them more sought after and you have one hell of a mess.
>>
desu this is much better. Well apart the head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMRooFq89rM
>>
>>10249952
That torso and ankle articulation looks beautiful. Very well done. The hands look pretty lackluster, and the head itself is quite weak. The elbows were also well done.
>>
>>10249952
>>10249958
I agree. The hands and head suck, but the rest is way better.
>>
( )0( )IONICLE
>>
>>10247873
>>10247877
Why are people so obsessed with these, don't you have the original sets?
>>
>>10250129
Many newer fans interested in it surely won't have sets from 20+ years ago. Plus not all fans got into it in 2001, or got all the sets (not like kids will be able to afford everything).

Also there's nothing wrong with this new take of Bionicle using System, and even more just being excited about something new. They're also completely different products. Would you say the same thing to MOTU collectors who buy Origins? "Don't you have the original figures? Why do you guys want these?"
>>
>>10250129
There's an appeal to building Bionicle toys with the original Lego system rather than with the Technic-like Bionicle system when done right. I think it is the end result style again when done right that people find comfy.
I find the Lego system incarnation of Bionicle sets to be comfy looking and cartoonish and they somewhat remind me of the cartoonish style of the Mata Nui Online game. Maybe that's why.

Also there is no pain of broken joint parts cracking. It breaks my heart when that happens.
>>
the toa mata had no personality. I mean that worked fine for 2001 when they were basically just elemental tribal gods and the story was told from the matoran's perspective but man did that not work 2002 and beyond.
>>
>>10250154
>Also there is no pain of broken joint parts cracking.
A lot of my mixel joints got looser over time, some of them even have small cracks now.
>>
>>10250360
Sure they did. All 6 toa received pretty ample characterization, or at least as much as "I'm a sentient being who woke up mere days ago and don't know my purpose" could possibly have.

The main source of characterization between them was their conflicting personality types. How they had to learn to work together and put aside their weird hangups and egos.
>>
>>10250368
Maybe anon means in the online game, where they felt like deities, or forces of nature to the matoran, especially when Vakama bowed to Tahu shortly after the Ta-Matoran were trying to fight him. But ya, in the comics, movies, books, they had personalities.

>>10250367
Scary. I guess realistically Mixel joints are a lot newer so they aren't as likely to have had anything bad happen to them for most. I just messed around with my original Tahu and his joints are still incredibly tight, and as are the joints on my other sets. I guess maybe because I didn't take them apart very often? Formed the Kaita probably once (for pretty much every Bionicle that had a combination or alternate build) and otherwise just played with them as they were.
>>
>>10250378
The toa become more directly involved characters in the last part of MNOG
>>
>>10250381
they still don't have any personality.
>>
>>10250381
You'd have to think that most kids with the attention span of gnats just played through Ga-Koro over and over after they logged back in. Even I don't think I actually finished it back in the day. Was there an update? Because I can't remember much after Makuta showed up in his Matoran form. I'm in the process of rewatching it, it's a fun nostalgia trip.
>>
>>10243914
How cannons are the comics?
I'm starting to get into this Bionicle thing and I only plan on reading those and watching the movies.
>>
>>10250493
the books are the primary source of canon; the comics are basically abridged versions of the books
>>
>>10250493
>I only plan on reading those and watching the movies.
You're going to hit a huge gap in the story when you reach the ignition saga. The comics drop you in the middle of the plot with little context.
>>
>>10247879
I truly wish that 3D printing would get to a point where it becomes close to the quality and sturdiness of mold injection.

I just want to have a catalogue of Bionicle parts old and new in whatever color I want without having to worry about custom pieces snapping if I look at them funny or play with them too much.
>>
I was a big Bionicle fan as a kid. Not so much into the lore beyond Mask of Light, but it was the easily Lego theme I had the most sets from and just really enjoyed them as toys despite not knowing the larger story.

I’m sorta back on the bandwagon cause the GWP induced nostalgia. It was a very pleasant surprise to see how fucking cheap they are on the aftermarket. I was sure cause they’re like 20 years old and the molds are gone they’d be way more expensive.
>>
>>10250522
Most of the collectors market is skewed towards mask hunting. Some have inflated in price over the last 2 years dramatically, with some going for 400~800 bucks now. If you're just trying to have fun building mocs, your wallet should be safe though.
>>
>>10250532
I’m pretty sure I have a bucket full of my Bionicle parts at my parents. I doubt I have the technic pins needed to put them all back together, but I probably have a good amount of parts from like the sets from 2001-2007 to build mocs with, I’d just have to make the drive to my hometown and see if said bucket actually even exists. Might just be easier to get a bunch of used sets and go wild.
>>
File: 1618712796678.png (1.1 MB, 1160x1424)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>10250540
If you wind up going for used Bionicles, it's usually cheaper to buy the parts off Bricklink and building them yourself. If you feel like gambling, some people strike gold on random part lots online or at thrift stores/flea markets. Especially in the EU, since some misprinted parts only made it into circulation there. Have a checklist for all the masks you might find.
>>
>>10250509
Ugly obsession with articulation
>>
Can someone explain the rumor behind why people say downloading some bionicle game is dangerous? They never elaborate on why. I read some kind of cancelled beta thing.
>>
>>10250546
I mean I think the plan right now is to just get a few of the old sets I remember fondly to put on my shelf and then maybe later get a parts haul. I rarely have a plan when I build mocs. I just put some pieces together and keep adding and see what ends up taking shape. I like having limitations. I still build with traditional Lego, but I remember making some pretty cool shit as a kid with Bionicle.
>>
>>10250576
I think it looks cool. And articulation allows them to move like they did in the old game, movies, other games, etc. Them being able to do that seems like only a good thing.
>>
>>10250597
The creepiest pasta of all. If you download the Legend of Mata Nui beta, you become a tranny.
>>
Has anyone gotten the GWP from an actual physical Lego Store? The terms and conditions on the main page suggest it's possible, but then the announcement on the actual store pages says it's online orders only.
>>
>>10250622
So that’s what happened to my benis. I just assumed some cartel hooker drugged me and took it along with my kidneys.
>>
>>10250597
There's hidden cp in it.
>>
>>10250826
I didn't (and still don't have it) but tons of people have gotten it from a store.
>>
>>10249253
My condolences
>>
>>10250826
I went in to the store originally to buy it and would have, but they didn't have the sets I was after to put towards it.
But all stores should have it available, and if not it's likely they ran out of stock.
>>
>>10250826
I went yesterday and it was so fucking depressing. The Ninjago and Creator sections were pretty much cleared out and Monkie Kid is now online only. So I wandered around looking a fucking Dots and Friends and shit for ten minutes and couldn't bring myself to buy anything. There was a fucking mountain of Tahu GWPs behind the counter because there was nothing in the store that anyone who wants Tahu would give a shit about.

The theme restriction is so fucking dumb. I'd have walked out of there with a 100 dollar droid or Galaxy Explorer if they let me.
>>
>>10251245
I just went to my closest Lego store and the exact same thing happened, so I just asked hey can I just buy it directly and they said yes because they need them out of there
They have way more Tahus than other sets they could sell for people to get them for free lol
>>
>>10250129
Cocksucking bootlicking shit taste vermin
>>
>>10251245
>>10251304
I get Lego's point of trying to only include in-house themes, but they really missed the mark here. Putting both the Forestmen and Blacktron without that restriction was already bad enough, but when a chunk of Bionicle fans are only interested in constraction, it becomes a hassle.
Not to mention Monkie Kid being online only is a massive missteps when that theme has plenty of interesting sets. Technic, Mindstorms, and Creator Export/Icons *should* have been options, and the decision to exclude them, even for the few licenses among them, is fucking baffling.
Like I know I don't have room to criticize when I just bought a bunch of Monkie Kid shit, but the more time passes the more I start to really question just what the fuck Lego is doing with Bionicle.
>>
>>10251315
Those Monkey Kid sets are probably the best bet to try to make bonkle mocs in system form right? They seem to have a lot of those joints Tahu and Takua use. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly to buy to make some mocs.
Honestly this is a bizarre reason but maybe Lego is trying to see how much people want a Bionicle GWP by forcing very narrow purchases.
>>
>>10251323
If you're looking for things with Mixel joints like in Tahu and Takua, then Monkie Kid, Ninjago, and Creator have some that might be of use. Check Bricklink's part lists if you want to get a better eye on what you get in them, of course.
Personally speaking I was the anon that went for >>10247257. Clips, ratchet joints, ball joints, and some decent part colors as a whole made them appealing since I've already got a considerable amount of Mixel joints. Others might have some better recommendations however, but that's my take on it.
>>
>>10250604
which sets are you thinking of grabbing?
>>
>tfw just got some 01 dino parts
Guess who's making some techno-dinosaurs
>>
>>10251625
Sounds neat.
Do share some pictures when you're done.
>>
I saw 5/6 toa mata with instructions and canisters on FB marketplace for 55 bucks. The listing lasted for a week before it got sold. That was probably the best deal I'll ever see for those sets ever again. Somewhat regret not picking them up. Those canisters would've just done nothing but take up space though.
>>
>>10251304
>because they need them out of there
The promotion still lasts until feb 9. No reason they'd be desperate enough to sell them individually at this point in time. And even then they'd probably ship them back to HQ to have them destroyed. There wouldn't even be an option to sell them unless lego stores don't operate like regular retail, which they do. So I'm not calling you a liar, but I'm definitely calling you a liar about that part. >>10251304
>>
>>10251338
Looked like some of the smaller Ninjago sets had the best mix of parts for what I'm looking for. Got a good variety of stuff coming, hope I can make some cool Rahi mocs. If I'm feeling very creative then I may try a Bohrok or something, but that seems tough to pull off.
Thanks for the advice.
>>
File: 20230130_140051.jpg (1.81 MB, 3000x2579)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
The chad toa of air vs the virgin toa of fire
>>
>>10251739
Pretty cool MOC but boooy you best take that back.
>>
>>10251595
For sure Pohatu cause that was my first Bionicle and remains my favorite of that initial wave. Maybe some of the Toa Nuva I had as a kid. Definitely a Bohrok since that was probably my favorite wave of Bionicle. The Metra Nui Matoran were one of my favorites as a kid. I think my mom got me that entire wave in one go as a kid cause TRU was having a buy 2 get 1 free sale. Strong maybe on some Rahkshi.

Idk I don’t want to get too deep, but rebuy some sets I have sentimental value towards and then if I feel so inclined get a decent collection of parts to fiddle around with if making some MOCs really calls to me. Though I think I get MOC making out of system enough with traditional lego, but we’ll see. I really try not to fill my shelves to the brim with stuff so I want to aim for maybe 5 sets. No more than 10.
>>
I'm not sure I ever saw the Stars commercials/videos but it's interesting that they modded their knees and elbows. Would have made for really cool little figures if they had all that articulation.
>>
File: UntitledModel.png (200 KB, 800x600)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>10243962
>>10244150
>>10244158
Tried my best to make a Toa in the style of your Matoran, didn't want to use mixel joints yet. Still needs some improvement but I like the style.
>>
>>10251885
toss the shoulders and leg guards.
mixel joints are weak and suck.
>>
>>10252065
What do you think would look better for the shins and shoulders?
>>
>>10251739
Wrist axe? Based for using the Mata torso and actually maintaining th arm swing unctionality, looks like. I'm gonna guess the neck is a tube so it can swivel?
>>
>>10251739
why ruin perfection
>>
>>10250129
Because let's face it, bionicle fans obsession with the past is no different than a little attempting to reclaim their childhood.
>>
>>10252225
probably keep the body "light" instead of bulky like the original. just my opinion though, do whatever looks good for you.
>>
>>10252387
>society and modern day living has only become more complicated and stressful steadily over the past few decades longer than many of us have been alive

>WHYYYYY ARE PEOPLE ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT THE PAAAAST THINGS ARE GOOD NOW WE HAVE NETFLIX SOCIAL MEDIA AND PROGRESS
>>
>>10252567
You have no idea what I'd give to not have as many drug addicted, homeless freaks or degenerate thugs parading around my town as I do now. The fact that the parks and lakes I used to go to have been sullied as they are make me just hide from the world and build. Nothing else is fun anymore.
>>
>>10252685
Yeah shit has definitely changed since the line came out in 2001. It’s basically a new world. every year I buy more and more into the dumb theory that the world did end in 2012 but not in some instantaneous way like we expected but turning into whatever the fuck this is.
>>
>>10252703
Also I think that thing have changed a lot more from 2022 to 2012 than say 2012 to 2002. people will probably say of course it’s different because time passed but it’s not as simple as that.
>>
>>10252387
>pathologizing nostalgia
this may be difficult for you to comprehend but not everything is a mental illness. people like to discuss brickonicle because it's a not concept and it's fun to mess around with different interpretations of the original designs.
>buh-but why do people still care about bionicle specifically and not other stuff
because bionicle was cool as hell, wholly unique, and there will probably never be anything like it ever again
>>
I ran across these and I generally like how they look, except for some parts I may be able to fix myself.
Are there any standout MOCs of the original Toa that are way better than these? I tried looking at some sites, but the MOCs all tend towards being super tall and lanky, and I'd like to stay in the size ballpark of the OGs.
>>
>>10252805
>not concept
neat concept
>>
>>10252807
Those MOCs use cut bars, which is pretty disgusting.
>>
>>10252813
He also sanded some shit down, which I'm not gonna do. All of this is part of why I'd like to just go with a better MOC, but so help me god, if I can't find one I'll try to make this work without sanding and cutting.
>>
>>10252807
Not necessarily about these but about robotic MOCs in general, are they as flimsy as they look? With almost every MOC like this I always have the feeling you have a good chance to take a joint apart when trying to pose it.
>>
>>10251885
looks pretty good. I would probably make the torso a little longer and probably the legs and arms too. maybe change the shoulders and hips to black to more closely match the original model (it's surprising how much the black adds to the overall look). I'd also make the feet longer/larger
>>
>>10252705
Social media and smart devices are a big reason. Raising kids on tablets so they become impulsive and mentally unstable in their adult years. People haven't realized how bad srcooling and shit like TikTok has fucked kids up. Families aren't how they used to be. Couple that with governments fucking their own citizenry over, economies going down the shitter, communities atomizing, etc., and you have a recipe for disaster. There are other aspects but I'll keep it short by saying yes, it has been a sharper decline from 2012 to 2022 than 2002 to 2012. My hobbies and family are all I have at this point in time. The world looks pretty fucking bleak otherwise.
>>
File: UntitledModel.png (262 KB, 800x600)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
Holy shit it's like I'm 10 again
>>
>>10253193
his nuts
>>
>>10253193
Nuhtsakku hopefully isn’t used by any other languages
>>
>>10252807
Looks cool but the masks don’t match the aesthetic.
>>
>>10252817
https://www.deviantart.com/mpc2424/art/Bionicle-Revamp-Tahu-762655538
Check this guy out. He made all 6 and uploaded the files via drive on his page so you can make your own or even your own improvements. Also, you could just use cut hoses instead of bars which is perfectly legit.
>>
>>10253052
You aren’t alone in feeling that way, sometimes knowing you aren’t alone in feeling alone can help cope. I think a reason why a lot of this stuff isn’t understandable to zoomers is they were obviously born into it like the fish that doesn’t see water. They seem to make fun of people for being nostalgic about the past and they themselves probably don’t have a lot to be nostalgic about so they wouldn’t get it.

I do think some of them can tell though some things were better in some ways or just as good as today. It shocked me but a younger relative of mine is really into gen 1 bionicle, has watched the films and knew some of the lore despite having none of the gen 1 figures so I gave him some to start out with. They also like retro videogames like the GameCube n64 and snes gen despite being the Fortnite generation. I can’t explain how that happens but I thought it was surprising. I guess all I’m trying to say is somehow a small amount of zoomers seem to be able to see a lot of older shit was high quality which is good at least.
>>
is the process of the parts spilling out of the tub and forming the bionicle a trans analogy?
>>
>>10252833
I'm pretty lost on the leg design now. Trying to incorporate the feedback I've gotten so far but its just breaking that aesthetic and becoming more of a gappy technic "revamp" than anything else.
>>
File: Turaga_onewa_infobox.png (595 KB, 586x564)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
Reminder that his name is pronounced oh-NEE-wah (and not oh-NOO-ah)
>>
>>10253331
There are people who pronounce it with an o even though his name has an e in it?
>>
>>10253333
>people who pronounce it with an o even though his name has an e in it
Yeah, who knew (pronounced knee)? That's a new (pronounced nee) one
>>
>>10253337
You people are weird.
>>
>>10251323
>>10251737
In my opinion Speed Champions, Creator and cheaper Technic sets have te best value if you're trying to make constraction MOCs with modern Lego. Also some Ninjago sets. Speed champions has a lot of useful SNOT (stud not on top) pieces for more complex builds and those slope pieces for small details. Creator and Ninjago both have useful pieces too, sometimes including Mixel and Bionicle/CCBS joints. But Creator has more pieces for a lower price, and Ninjago sets have more specialized pieces and weapons if you're looking for that.
You can also use bricklink for specific pieces or look around for interesting pieces in other Lego themes aswell.
>>
>>10253337
It's not in English. Lewa is also pronounced either LAY-wah or LEE-wah.
They only changed the pronounciation of "ew" to "oo" with the new names after the "naming day" in 2003.
>>
>>10253331
It's Ah-neh-wah, pleb.
>>
damn the studio is hard to use
>>
>>10253415
You get used to it. I have probably 30 mocs and counting in the program. Becomes second nature after about a week or two.
>>
>>10253415
As other anon said, you'll get used to it as you work with it.

>>10253420
Quick question for you, do you just remember the parts, or is there an easy way to catalog them? I guess after you use them the first time you kind of remember the general shape and can at least find it even if you don't remember the name, but what about discovering pieces to use? I guess everything just takes some time.
>>
File: 1413164514335.jpg (93 KB, 425x550)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>10253331
You're actually supposed to pronounce it 1-wa, so that it matches Poha-2.
>>
>>10253430
I get used to the listing terminology. Like if I need an axle, i look up axle 3l or axle 4l, or if I need a liftarm, liftarm, 3, and so on. Pin friction, technic connector, blah blah. Soon you just end up halfway through typing and the results give you what you need.
>>
>>10253291
Thanks my man.
>>
File: 1658916814067.png (269 KB, 912x775)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>10253420
>>10253430
fug :DD
doesn't help not having touched a bionicle in 15 years
>>
>saw fatdaka on /v/
I thought you people never left this thread
>>
>>10253788
Where?
>>
>>10253331
oh-NOO-ah is the black toa
>>
>>10253810
/v/
>>
>>10253810
it was in a thread a little bit ago
>>
What color are masters of magnet and metal again?

>>10253431
kek, based
>>
>>10253788
We must spread the word amongst the masses
>>
>>10253331
I always pronounced it Oh-NAY-wah
>>
>>10253431
this
>>
Where can find bionicle building instructions? I want to build one of those bigger ones in studio
>>
had the Bionicle dream again. interestingly enough, I dreamt that Lego released some slightly-tweaked Bohrok and some random 2001 Matoran without any new parts, so nothing all that thrilling
I guess even in dreams Lego doesn't care about the franchise anymore
>>
>>10253925
>masters
Kek

Toa of Magnetism are gunmetal and black, Iron are burnt orange + one of three color variations (gunmetal, gold or bronze).
Note that the colors of Magnetism have been called into question by Greg himself, as they were based on the sole Magnetism character to get a set form (Jovan), so other color variation might exist.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.