[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: RevitUp.png (369 KB, 627x419)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
Previous thread >>10235610

- Leaks for Skeletor and Screech, Skeleton Warriors and Snake Men 4 pack.
- MCX Battle for Eternia II set cancellations, but some are in hand ?
- Masterverse Wave 7 in stock.
- Minicomic Roboto confirmed as joining Hypno, Snake Armor Skeletor and Tung Lashor in Origins Wave 12
- Frog Monger Creations drop.
- Eternia playset funded, backers will get Moaty.
- Future release: NA Skelly and Rev Hobo Duncan
- WalMart exclusive Origins Moss Man with flocking and scent
- Next Mattel Creations exclusive: He-Skeletor, what's next ?
- Origins Snake Mountain expected this year.
- DX King Hiss and Thunder Punch He-Man are out there.
- Mekaneck and Road Ripper being found at retail.
- Wave 2 restock pre-orders cancelled.
- Rotons are in at BBTS.
- Masterverse Wave 8 making appearances.

Discord:
https://discord.gg/gpdw7QJK

Thread question:
What reveals do you hope to see the most ?

>Moar OC!
>>
File: imfine-.png (206 KB, 280x512)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
Someone is gonna help him right ???
>>
>>10241766
Most I want Two-Bad.
From non vintage He-Ro and Eldor.
>>
File: 44232.jpg (344 KB, 935x1000)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
Spikor is the only leaked figure I'm excited for the reveal of.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>10241773
he's having the time of his life in there. im sure they'll soon bring him donuts.
>>
>>10241865
Im curious to see how 200X randor turns out
>>
>>10241865
>>10241880
Coincidentally, Spikor is character I most regret we didn't get in 200X.
>>
File: 20230124_091530.jpg (1.07 MB, 2880x2880)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>10241898
Reminder of the shit that the 4H designed and planned that never even got included in either the toyline, cartoon or mini statue line
>Spikor
>robotic Horde Trooper
>ayylmao Zodac
>Dragstor
>Faker
>a fucking pterodactyl man Evil Warrior
>>
>>10241957
I hate that zodac has basically become the green lanterns but I really want a green alien cosmic enforcer
>>
>>10241980
I’ve been wanting Zodax since the Classics days, I almost have enough parts to make him myself now in Origins.
>>
>>10241980
My head canon is that he is the only cosmic enforcer, he is the only one and answers to nothing but justice. So for me he is more like the spectre or ghost rider.
>>
>>10242051
I just saw MEF review where guy didnt evn you you can put in new faces...They really shouldnt hide those instructions.
>>
>>10241957
>lmaozodac
>pterodactyl man
>faker
fuck we were robbed
>>
>>10242097
We did get Faker, though
>>
>>10242155
I didn't realize this even existed.
>>
>>10242156
Of course it existed. It required no new parts. How could they resist.
From characters who werent in show (aside from variant armors) It was just Faker and She-Ra though staction figures added more like Clamp Champ and Mosquitor.
>>
File: my-stummy-hurts.jpg (16 KB, 322x202)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>10241957
>>10242155
>best He-man designers ever
>relegated to 5poa shit
>just plain disrespected and forgotten all around
ill never be a real He-fan
>>
You know what's odd about 200X/MYP? We had origins for Two-Bad, Stinkor, Roboto, Sy-Klone and if we kept going we would likely get stories about every hero and villain joining telling us a little bit about them.

Meanwhile there are plenty characters like Ram Man, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces or Tri-Klops who just kinda are and show would never would tell us what's their deal.We would get some kind of origin for Jitsu and still have no idea what Mantenna is.
>>
Just noticed that Duplico has a rope I guess connecting his gun. Any idea what's up with that?
>>
>>10242305
>You know what's odd about 200X/MYP? We had origins for Two-Bad, Stinkor, Roboto, Sy-Klone and if we kept going we would likely get stories about every hero and villain joining telling us a little bit about them.
>Meanwhile there are plenty characters like Ram Man, Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces or Tri-Klops who just kinda are and show would never would tell us what's their deal.
So the problem was that the people making the cartoon were so enthusiastic to advertise the toys they grew up with that they stuffed all the 1982-3 Evil Warriors, Randor, Duncan, Stratos, Ram Man and Mekaneck into the show's very first fight scene, then added Teela, Man-E-Faces, Clawful and Whiplash after the timeskip without explanation.
Anyone who joined after that would get an origin episode, but the rest were just there because they were early vintage toys. At least they did later explain where Teela, Lyn, Clawful and Whiplash came from.
>>
Did the 4H ever do 200x designs for Extendar, Modulok, Ninjor and Blast-Attak?
They seem like glaring omissions when they had designs for practically everyone else
>>
>200x Digitino when?
Come on Mattel
>>
I was expecting more from New Eternia MEF lore. Like explanation why those 3 new faces or why he has them in briefcase.
>>
>>10242219
>5poa
Nigga can you count?
>>
>>10242155
yeah but wasnt he a convention exclusive repaint like moss man? Id want something based off the concept art. a bigger, meaner, stronger bizarro heman.
>>
>>10242331
Why is he wielding g1 shockwave?
>>
>>10242522
Boss moves man. Gotta get a core shockwave when I get him.
>>
>>10242305
Those sound like real missed opertunies, I'd enjoy a good trap jaw or man e face origins story. I'm sure they've been told I guess I'm just too lazy to look.
>>
File: s-l1600 (6).jpg (265 KB, 1600x1458)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>10241957
Faker did come out, ToyFare exclusive.
>>
>>10242569
Yes, I saw >>10242155 and already replied >>10242156
I don't know why I was never aware of it, but there it is
>>
>>10242156
It was not a retail release so that's not surprising
>>
my local target finally restocked, but it was entirely new masterverse stuff. I saw Langellator in person too and he looks incredible. This is the second masterverse fig since Rev Trapjaw that's tempted me. Also, to anyone who cares, I noticed the Mcfarlane Avatar figs scale really well with Masterverse. The beasts, on the merit of their coloring and scale alone, would probably mesh well with Masterverse figs.
>>
>>10242986
Nice try James Cameron
>>
>>10241957

That added bulk and chains makes him look so much more menacing to me. I can't even remember the back story to Spikor. What was it? I'm sure he had some random weird name from the Classics bio but can't remember anything about it.
>>
>>10242986
None of the designs from Avatar resonate with me at all. It all feels very generic.
>>
>>10243083
Cursed blacksmith from the same town that appeared in his minicomic. I think he stole that scroll from the same comic and that got him cursed?
>>
I think Mattel should release Man-E-Weapons aka MEF with numerous extra weapons. Could be a substitute for Weapon Pak.

Q: What are your favorite accessory swaps between figures?
>>
Im just going to guess that other 2 Wave 13 characters are Snake Trooper and Snake Teela. This is Rise of Snake Men after all. Slamurai will get the shaft.

So how desperate are you for female characters in Origins? Would you take for example Andra or Butterfly Woman? (From Rots)
>>
>>10243290
>So how desperate are you for female characters in Origins?
I'm not, really, unless they're going to make more of the ones I already care about, which mostly means PoP, especially Frosta and Horde women.
>>
>>10241773
Is that Val? Jail is where he will be once mattel finishes with him.a2kvyz
>>
I need ramen toys to hurry up and release their movie he-man heads. The ones that came with it are terrible
>>
>>10242491
yes, can you?
>>
>>10243290
>how desperate are you for female characters in Origins?

Not very desperate I guess, not enough to buy PoP (excluding Frosta) or Snake Teela...but I have weird taste in my choice of females in this franchise. I turn up my nose at Glimmer and Shadow Weaver, but I'd buy shit like Sharella, the green witch, the Kex Queen
>>
>>10242219
*cums in you*
>>
>>10243290
I've been wanting new females for quite some time, if only so that we could get a few new body parts. It's just teela in origins over and over and over again, kinda lowered my affection for her by choking me out.
>>
>>10243290
Im not dying for more girls in the line frankly. It would be nice to get the witch lady, the robin hood native girl, the hordeswomen, and some of the other forgotten concept characters but I wouldnt hold my breath. My bucket list of characters is pretty lengthy already and theres a dozen characters which take precedent over the ones I already named.
>>
>>10243290
I'd sooner have more PoP girls than trying to stretch out into Butterfly Woman already. We haven't even had Catra yet and she's supposed to be She-Ra's nemesis.
>>
convince me to get faker
his proportions seem kinda bottom loaded and smol head
>>
>>10243516
It's fairly nice in hand, it comes with faker armor too so you get some bits to play with. I wasn't disappointed with him, if it's on sale I'd do it. He looks cool doing the t100 thing mixed in with other mv figures.
>>
>>10242219
What? Nobodies forgotten about the Horsemen, they're just doing other stuff now as well as their own line.
>>
Which is lazier? Mattel creations Digitino or He-Skeletor?
>>
>>10243599
Digitino.

He-Skeletor is at least unique.
>>
>>10243599
>Mattel creations Digitino

Did you mean Space Sumo?
>>
>>10241766
Hey wait, the wave 2 restock is cancelled? Origins wave 2? I got she ra, what's going on?
>>
>>10243640
She-Ra was wave 3, that wasn't cancelled
Wave 2 was Trap Jaw, Orko, MEF, Scare Glow, and it was just the BBTS restock that was cancelled, wave 2 restocks still happened at Target
>>
>>10243606
I can't believe both that anon and me both made the same fuckup and didn't notice.
>>
>Valentines Day
>MotU
>it's a 2 dollar sign item

Put on the speculating hats, guys.
Something we've previously seen and expect?
Something out of left field and unannounced/leaked?
>>
>>10243640
I saw Wave 2 restocked at Target. It sold out pretty quickly.
>>
File: Mer-Man & Katara 1.png (1.72 MB, 1333x1000)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
>>10243131
I prefer mixing the superior Avatar with my He-Mans.
>>
>>10243701
>Valentines Day
>MotU
>>
>>10243790
A Masterverse 40th anniversary He-Man x PoP Frosta 2 pack would be cheap, quick and easy
>>
>>10243701
Sigh .... fucking Bearbricks
>>
>>10243927
Whoops I made a mistake. Bearbricks are sooner than Feb14. Still pretty lame tho
>>
File: blog_oops_01.jpg (20 KB, 400x320)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>10243790
>Valentines Day
>MotU
>>
Who would want those?
>>
>>10243968
She digs his devoted attention - and his tongue.
>>
>>10243642
Oh shit, got confused sorry. Poor distribution strikes again, damn. I got stupid lucky and found a case + an extra orko last year. Left the extra orko
>>10244039
Dude, bat pak would be friggin awesome. I'd like to see rattle trap and up scalper in action..
>>
>>10244057
>Bat Pak

200x did one.
>>
>>10244039
Depends.
Would they actually function the way the description says?
If Rattle Trap could actually roll along the ground on its belly and be articulated to rear up, I'd buy it
Ditto with Upscaler if it could really climb walls or inclines. Otherwise, I'd skip. I like my vehicles to do something, like Roton and Land Shark do.

Bat Pak is the least interesting, I've never been much of a fan of the little accessory packs like Stilt Stalker and Mega Laser.
>>
>MOTU BE@RBRICKs
Wow, we have hit the end of the line already
>>
>>10244039
everyone is sleeping on the up-scaler. give me the frog robot
>>
>>10244059
god I wish the 200X stuff wasnt such a bitch to track down
>>
Can someone explain to a 60 year old boomer what a bearbrick is?

Is it like a funko pop or little people?
>>
>>10244240
Funko but more artsy and I think they're from Japan? I just know I see them on Japanese sites a lot.
They're pretty much lego minifigs with a peanut shaped head and mickey mouse ears
>>
>>10244254
That sounds like absolute garbage. I'm waiting patiently for Origins Frosta so I can die in my sleep already.
>>
>>10244283
I don't get them either. That anon is right, they are made by Medicom and have been around for quite a while.
I wouldn't put money on an Origins Frosta for this Valentines Day. It would be a nice surprise though.
>>
>>10244292
Origins Frosta, Sweet Bee and He-Mannwith blushing alternate head three pack with Motu Valentines.
>>
>>10243701
what's the number of $ typically mean?
>>
>>10244366
The relative cost.
I know Frog Monger only had one $ and he was $18
The new Bearbrick shit had three $$$ and they cost a couple hundred.

So the new item falls somewhere between a basic single carded figure and an overpriced artshit release
>>
>>10244139
I cannot convey my level of disdaine, nor how much patience I've lost for Mattel peddling this shit, when I genuinely ask: how many landfills do they need to fill with this worthless trash before they have enough money?
>>
>>10244240
Japanese people love em
>>
>>10244380
thanks

>>10244240
it's the SUPREME equivalent of artsy toy collectors. first time i saw one was pewdiepie talking about some of his odd toy habits. he likes gundam/plamo shit too (irrelevant)

i'm sort of tempted to have just to have bc collector insanity but that fucking price tag is the pull and the vomit at the same time
>>
>>10244453
I've never been bothered with bearbricks or medicom stuff since I enjoyed it when I got back into toys in 2000ish but now it's just boring and expensive. It's almost an og reaction style now
>>
>>10244447
prove it
>>
>>10244463
yeah. if i were to EVER get a bearbrick, it'd probably be this but i'm on the fence. sort of want. sort of dislike the price but i've paid more for dumber (late fees).

just sad this was the reveal. i was hoping something cool in origins.
>>
File: 1673247154505.png (885 KB, 900x900)
885 KB
885 KB PNG
>>10244467
I live in Japan and the secondhand collectibles stores here have whole racks of em. Also lots of Japanese licenses mixed in with stuff like Ren and Stimpy.
>>
>>10244366
>>10244380
That being the case, regardless of whether it's Origins or Masterverse, I think we can rule out the Feb 14th drop being a single carded figure, it'll have to be either a multi-pack, vehicle, or playset.

Considering Snake Mountain is later this year and they just sold Eternia, I think another playset is unlikely.
I'd be tempted to guess Snakeman 4 pack or Skeleton 2 pack, but those aren't supposed to be until Fall.
You don't think it'll actually be something they drop completely unannounced or revealed, do you?
>>
>>10244473
does MOTU have a big fanbase in japan?
>>
>>10244473
Maduca, become meguca!
>>
File: darkseid throne.png (1.64 MB, 911x1105)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>10238754
I own Mezco's Darkseid and it's one of my favorite toys. Looks great, but it's not the most poseable toy.

I bought McFarlane's Lex Luthor figure with the Throne. It's oversized for that Lex Luthor figure, who's 7", and it's still too small for Darkseid.

quick pic
>>
>>10244830
its not that undersized for him frankly, its just big enough to look ok. reminds me of that one superman comic where he sits on some guy's couch.
>>
File: darkseid in your home.jpg (455 KB, 1244x847)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
>>10245062
yeah, that's what i was going for.
I couldn't get him to lean back, because it's just too shallow for his bulk. So i had him put his leg up to try and look more comfortable.
>>
>>10244830
I did the same thing!

I think the overall size of the chair is good, the seat just needs a little more depth. But with a little finagling of the figure’s hips, he can still look good.

>>10245062
That’s one of my favorite running themes. Darkseid is always sitting on other people’s furniture.
>>
>>10244524
Probably not.
>>
>>10244493
It leaked a little while ago, it’s the 3 power of grayskull dinosaurs
>>
>>10245251
Source? Literally first I've heard anywhere about the dinos coming to Origins
>>
>>10244493
remind me again what the snake pack consisted of. I remember some anons being upset that it wasnt made up of snake OCs. So is it just repacks of Hiss and Rattlor?
>>
>>10245276
Anons were upset because all the Snakes have been race swapped and now they are all frogs.
>>
>>10245276
Allegedly, it's Snake Armor He-Man, 2 Snake Troopers, and an unspecified Snake Man
>>
>>10245258
There was something about Dino Riders trademarks listed under MOTU’s umbrella. Still think that was an error but it looks like from Fwoosh it might be barefoot muscular mommy Lyn.
>>
File: MotU-tunglashor-dunno.jpg (32 KB, 267x373)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>10245305
>Anons were upset because all the Snakes have been race swapped and now they are all frogs.
>>
>>10245305
>>10245349

So what you're effectively saying is that Tung Lashor is the token black of Snake Man
>>
>>10244524
It has a niche following, most people know about it through the old memes though
>>
>>10244524
not really nah, it feels like one of those things you'd only get into if you're a huge westaboo/collect vintage american toys. at least, I haven't SEEN any motu stuff around here.
>>
>>10245359
>implying King Hiss was in whiteface the whole time
>>
Does anyone else hope for Lodar and Geldor from the mini comics?
>>
>>10245643
I do
>Geldor and Lodar got Classics figures, Dakon and Garn did not
What's up with that?
I'd also like the Kobolds, Princess Rana, the Kex Queen and the minicomic Rock Woman (she looks better than the Filnation one)
>>
>>10245656
It's really striking how Origins could keep going by dipping into various wells.
>mini comics
>filmation
>golden books
>update NA
>concept art

Lots of characters who never had a toy or need to fit in with motu better
>>
>>10245659
I just hope they don't dump all the stuff you listed on Mattel Creations.
I'm not gonna ask for it ALL to be retail, but they could go back and forth. Maybe put Geldor, Batros and concept witch on Mattel Creations, but then Lodar, Lizard Man, Goat Man and Wrap Trap can be retail
>>
>>10244830
>>10245119
Based chairseid enjoyers
>>
>>10245668
I wouldnt mind ordering everything online if Mattel was considerate enough to sell while waves at once.
A few threads ago some anon shit posted about Black History Month wave. The general idea of having a themed wave is kinda cool rather than it being a mishmash of random characters. You could do a mini comics wave, concept and so on.
>>
>>10245706
I'd be on board with that, seems like we'd fill Origins roster twice as fast. I'm assuming you mean something like if this happenrd:
>2023 First Quarter retail wave Tung Lashor, Hypno, Snake Skeletor, mc Roboto
>2023 First Quarter Mattel Creations "minicomic OC" wave Lodar, Geldor, Dakon, Garn

So effectively 2 waves every quarter
>>
If Creations was a store, not this "you have 2 minutes & 30 seconds to order it" shit, I'd care.

"Made to order" can fuck off. They learned jack shit from Matty Collector & turning MOTUC into some "prestigious line you only own if you put in the effort. Super7 also does it. It's kid's toys, not luxury cars, stop the dumbfuckery & run a store, not a secret club.
>>
>>10245711
You are pretty close. After 2 years of going to walmart I'm actually ok if motu was done at retail.
Unpopular opinion I know. But to me its depressing to always see nothing but the same stuff not moving.
If they went online only, then Mattel could probably focus more on the stuff fans want.

Ideally I would love to see motu at retail with fixed distribution so it's not so embarrassing for the brand.
>>
One thing I'm really against is this whole "promoting toys at retail that casual retailer customers will never see".
Like, if I wasn't part of the online community, and I was just getting what I find in stores, and I bought Battleground Warriors and looked at the box, what would I see?
"Oh, hey, they gave Faker a cat! Can't wait to see that show up. And who is that frog with Two Bad? Looks pretty cool."
But the actual figures I would never even know existed when they did come out. If it's on a retail box, it should be retail release, simple as.
>>
Anyone's got enough vintages or Classics to recreate those group shots?
>>
>>10245911
I’ve got all of them in Classics.
>>
>>10245911
>Heroic Warriors are missing Buzz Off, Sy-Klone and Roboto
>Horde is missing Modulok and Multi-Bot
>Great Rebellion is missing Spinnerella and almost all the 1986 dolls
Evil Warriors are winning here.
>>
>>10245950
They're missing Faker and Jitsu.

That lazy no-good Prince Adam is also a no-show. (And maybe King Randor and Sorceress, not sure when those were drawn)
>>
>>10245939
Cool, feeling like photo shoot?
>>
That face somehow looked better on Beast Man than Moss Man. No wonder he comes with second head.

>>10245939
Nice collection, man
>>
Non vintage toys I'd like in Origins:
Queen Marlena
Sky High
Lizard Man
Fearless Photog
Fang Man
Icer
Strongarm
Draego Man
Goat Man
Hover Robot
Star Sisters (with Glory Bird)
Madame Razz
Broom
Sea Hawk
Huntara
Light Hope
Horde Prime
Shadow Weaver
Imp
Scorpia
Octavia
Cy-Chop
Callix
Snake Men army builder
Unnamed One
Mara
>>
>>10245970
Forgot pic.
>>
>>10245975
That's a solid list. My only quibbles are no Critta and who is Lizard Man?
>>10245976
When / how did the yellow weapon pack armor get associated with Moss Man? Is it just from the Beast Man reuse?
>>
>>10245992
It's part of weapon pak. Moss Man looks like Beast Man and Beast Man wears those sooo. Lizard Man is Filmation Heroic Warrior
>>
>>10246008
And what about Fang Man?

Personally, I like my Moss Man without armor. It would seem to go against his nature boy vibes.
>>
>>10246016
I listed him next to Strongarm and Icer.
>>
>>10246008
I was watching a documentary on MotU history and they stated Lizard Man was THE first OC Filmation actually designed for the cartoon...implying he predates the likes of Orko even

I kinda feel like he probably shoulda gotten to be a bigger deal for that fact
>>
>>10245992
There was a lot of people back in the day used that armor on Moss Man. I remember the years after MOTU ended constantly seeing him with it on at garage sales or resale shops toys were dumped at.

That face is awful. It looks like that old guy with the computer from the memes.
>>
>>10246016
Haha no no I who is he?
I looked him up myself and he is cool. I like his design better than Lizard Man
>>
>>10245976
He's not even out yet and I already want a Moss Man do-over. I don't like either of the existing Beast Man heads for Moss Man
>>
>>10246008
>>10246028
Not to be negative but he looks pretty uninspired. It's cool that he has some history on his side but would you really choose him over Lord Masque and Shokoti?
>>10246035
The Masterverse Moss Man grew on me. No pun intended. I got him from bbts on discount because of a damaged box and tossed him to the kids. When I was cleaning up a couple weeks ago the details really won me over. Underrated for sure.
>>
>>10245975
I agree with Marlena, Sky High, Strong-Arm, Draego-Man, Goat Man, Mara, Octavia and Unnamed One.
I can take or leave Lizard Man, Fang Man, Icer and Photog
The rest are do not want
>>
>>10245976
Somehow he looks slightly more ferocious and less depressed here.
>>
>>10246049
>cool that he has some history on his side but would you really choose him over Lord Masque and Shokoti?

Shokoti, no.
Lord Masque, yes.
Masque never really did it for me. Lizard Man is better than him by virtue of being more colorful and the novelty of a heroic reptile in a franchise where every other frog, snake and lizard is evil.

But Shokoti is better than both because she's not just colorful, she's got thst ornate snazzy get up. She's S-tier, which I reserve for only one other Filmation character, Strong-Arm
>>
>>10245964
Yeah, it’ll have to be late tonight though.

>>10245970
Thank you
>>
>>10244830
It's a good seat, to. That and the Black Adam Target exclusive throne are worth grabbing just for future use. Also the bootleg Marvel Select throne from the devil character
>>
>>10246062
Shokotinis S tier for sure. I would give Masque A tier because they just go together. Their episode is a great one and they both have good designs that would look great in Origins.
And for us that want more Motu ladies she's probably one of the best they could make.
>>
>>10246062
Gosh I would really like a Shokoti, Masque, Batros, Marlena, and Shadow Weaver in origins. Those are my must have Filmation characters.
>>
>>10246189
You just listed off an excellent "filmation wave."' I might switch out Batros for General Sundar but that's just personal taste.
>>
File: MotU-Cold-Zone.jpg (96 KB, 929x694)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>10246062
>Lizard Man is better than him by virtue of being more colorful and the novelty of a heroic reptile in a franchise where every other frog, snake and lizard is evil.
Except the Reptons, who the author of "King of the Snake Men" remembered to have Kobra Khan cite as "my people, who can't read Snake Men script anymore."
>>
>>10246277

Why and how does he wear those gay little slippers?
Did he chop 2 of his toes off to be king?
>>
>>10245976
>>10246061
somehow origins mossman has grown on me. i say that as someone who was put off by the beastman face too mind you. this might be another thunder punch situation though as I kind of want an unflocked mossy morel
>>
>>10245964
Here’s some pics. They didn’t turn out as good as I hoped, but I’m tired and this is as good as it gets tonight.
>>
>>10245911
>>
>>10246815
>>
>>10246818
>>
>>10246277
In my defense, that was a dull and forgettable episode and I didn't remember they even existed. And can they really be considered "heroic?" They weren't fighting on either side, they're literally just NPCs that He-Man had to defend
>>
File: BALDMAN.jpg (154 KB, 600x400)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>10245976
>>10246061
>>
>>10246903
He looks more bald then when it's Beastman's head.
>>
>>10246812
>>10246815
>>10246818
>>10246819
Nice work, Anon.
>>
>>10246917
Those are both beast man heads
>>
>>10246903
boo they didn't flock the alternate head, that's lazy mattel.
>>
>>10245976
>tfw you make a racist joke on accident
>>
>>10246992
>on accident

Suuuuure, Anon, it was an accident. *wink wink*
>>
>>10246933
My point is that when Beast Man wearing it he looks like normal gorilla monster but when Moss Man is wearing he looks like he's bald.
>>
>>10247003
Is the Lord of power beast man head included or are these mock ups? Have I overlooked a full body shot?
>>
>>10245779
It is a lot of hoops to jump thru, the only positive I can see is that the Mattel creations exclusives can be ignored since they are the most difficult to get. The rest of the exclusives are much easier to find and often on sale regularly. Some are just dumb, like bbts having zoar but it's packed with another teela and flocked panther is still on clearance in my area. I'm rambling but where exclusives are concerned I'd say the only necessary ones are the rise of evil two pack and grizzlor.
>>
>>10246918
Thank you
>>
>>10247017
I wouldn't even call Rise of Evil necessary unless you're a 200x fan.
Teela/Zoar is more necessary since Zoar was an actual vintage toy
>>
>>10247014
He gets green LOP head, yellow Beast Man armor, and brown Pig Head mace aside from his regular weapon.
>>
Any idea why NE MEF comes with those 3 heads specifically?
>>
>>10246903
>WHACHU GONNA DO WHEN MOSSMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU BROTHER
>>
lol did all that creations shit really instantly sell out or is the site fucked up?
>>
>>10247039
Yeah, it's just lame they packed another teela with it. Should've been a simple repaint of zoar and screech.
>>10247041
Ok, cool. Thanks, looking forward to hunting for it.
>>
>>10247132
I agree. I get why they did it, and I might have been OK with it if it was an improved Teela, but it's really not. Head sculpt isn't as good, colors aren't as good, it had new knees, but that doesn't help if I can't put the legs on the better looking wave 1 Teela because skin tone doesn't match
>>
Which characters would you say looked better in Filmation?
>>
>>10246812
>>10246815
>>10246818
>>10246819
Definately good shit. Thanks anon
>>
>>10247169
Mer-man, but even then it's still not the BEST Mer-man.
And Modulok wasn't bad, even if he didn't have his powers.
But they butchered literally every other MotU designed character that they put their pencil to
>>
>>10247132
>>
>>10247218
That's the face someone makes when they destroyed a bathroom
>>
File: Loo-Kee-Figure.png (198 KB, 500x500)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>10247169
>Which characters would you say looked better in Filmation?
Loo-Kee, Bow, She-Ra, Mermista, Perfuma, Catra, Frosta, in roughly that order of how much worse the toy looked.
>>
>>10247245
When it comes to POP, it's hard to find characters that didnt looked better in Filmation.
>>
I dont give a shit what anyone says, Catra was better as a toy
>>
File: pl3wzqO.jpg (74 KB, 720x960)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
And if Classics Catra looked like this, it would've been a way better toy
>>
File: MotU Megabeast.jpg (216 KB, 1200x825)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>10247295
It's a fine design, but just increases the number of Horde members who aren't wearing the symbol.
>>
>>10247300
I'm fine with that because I don't even consider her Horde in the first place, and don't really care whether or not the members have the symbol even if I did
Don't care about Filmation, and in minicomics she always acted on her own, she never even mentioned the Horde until like the very last comic, so yeah, as far as I'm concerned she was an indie villain in the old toy line.
>>
>>10246819
Looking at those pictures, I can honestly believe Moss Man's "fur" doubles as camo, it took me a split second to see him.

I think Horde came out best, Grizzlor, Mantenna and Leech are just amazingly photogenic.
>>
>>10247218
Cool, thanks! Love the paint blotch on the chest, just like his pappy. Guess I'll try for two, gotta have him next to stinkor.
>>
>>10247178
Thank you

>>10247317
Yeah, the Fright Zone was small enough for me to move to my photo bench. So it had the benefit of decent lighting and a background.

She-Ra got some decent lighting, but I don’t really have anything that’ll work as background. So they just got clouds.

I’ve got the Classics playsets for He-Man and Skeletor’s groups, but they’re so big that they don’t really fit in my photo space. So I kinda had to finagle some lighting and a large enough area for the figures to stand. I’m not thrilled with how those two turned out, but it is what it is.
>>
Can someone with a better collection than mine tell me if Masterverse Scare Glow can fit in Classics Night Stalker?
>>
>>10247317
>I think Horde came out best, Grizzlor, Mantenna and Leech are just amazingly photogenic.
Mantenna is also the coolest basic figure, while Leech, Mosquitor and Hurricane Hordak have some of the most play value among deluxes, Only Snouty and FF He-Man come close among other factions, IMO.
>>
>>10247295
i feel like thats the case for most filmation pop characters except frosta and sweet bee
>>
>>10247461
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4geoguV-4pI

WOW
>>
King hiss is just what I thought it'd be, it's fun. Wish the snakes had jaws, the scaled packaging was neat.
>>
>>10247677
When people say this, the first one I always think of as having a better-looking toy is Angella.
>>
>>10247295
>tfw that's not a skirt
>>
>>10247690
>Angelic guide
>Glimmer was "guide who lights the way"
>Sweet Bee was "honey of a guide"

How many guides does She-Ra need?
And then Flutterina was a "look out" and Peekablue was a "watchful friend", both amount to the same thing.

Is it because Bow was a "special" friend that needed so much looking after?
>>
File: MoLarr_Pkg__scaled_800.jpg (193 KB, 1329x800)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
You know who needs a new figure....?
This African right here.
>>
>>10247725
Handjobs.
Just like she gave the horse.
>>
File: reluctant-2.png (336 KB, 551x413)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>>10247725
>Is it because Bow was a "special" friend that needed so much looking after?
Yes.

"I'm helping!"
"Thanks, Bow, that's special. *sigh* Queen Angella, Glimmer, Sweet Bee, which of you wasn't around when Bow did this?"
>>
>>10247740
>tfw She-Ra thanks you for doing a very grown up thing all by yourself
>>
>>10247163
Yeah, I was looking forward to Zoar but I don't like the idea of being forced to buy a version of Teela I don't really care about with it. And if they hadn't completely changed the color scheme, I wouldn't even mind it since I could just stick the OG Teela head on it.
>>
>>10247759
Yeah, and what doubly sucks is that I'm looking more forward to Screeech than I was Zoar, but he's gonna be with yet another Skeletor and I don't have much faith in it being a really cool "must have" Skeletor
>>
>>10247773
Maybe they will surprise us and its 200x disco Skeletor.
>>
>>10247759
You could always try to sell the Teela, I dont mind this one at all and certainly there are people who think like me. I wasnt into it for the bird.

>>10277759
I really dont want screeech. But if it turns out to be a LoP version Skeletor, I will have no choice but to get it.
>>
>>10247689
King Hiss is one of the biggest upgrades from vintage to Origins in my opinion.
>>
I wonder what the new she ra chars would look like in a normal motu line/art style

I really liked some of the designs but nothing against the show its clear the art didn't have much of a budget but i think a lot of char designs get kinda fucked over by the shows simple art style

I could easily see horde prime, double trouble, entrapta or later seasons catra looking a lot better in the normal motu art style
>>
>>10248123
I've saying the same since the show debuted, some designs were pretty cool but the art style was trash.
>>
File: 30-06-2019_21-43-04.png (777 KB, 1531x886)
777 KB
777 KB PNG
Hey Frostafags! This is your waifu now.
>>
>>10247169

Not a character, but the Fright Zone was such an upgrade.
>>
>>10247869
This is my first hiss, I loved the look of him so I knew I'd enjoy him but once I started messing with him it all started to click..just wish the jaws were hinged or the snakes were slightly flexible. Now I want another WWE Jake the snake so hiss could have a snake face buddy.
>>
>>10246903
>Yo fryman
>>
>>10247725
MOTU for whatever reason has tons of spy characters. Tri-Klops, Mekaneck, Mantenna, Moss Man, Comet Warriors, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Loo-Kee, Peekablue...
>>
>>10248123
I'd blamed it on Noelle, it already looks way better than her comics.

It's honestly hard to believe Catra, Scorpia and Entrapta all have cleavage windows.
>>
Pick 1 character in each of the categories that Mattel Creations has covered to be the next MC offering:
>premium version of a retail release figure (ex Sun Man). Does not have to be one that's already at retail, you can choose a future retail release
>minicomic variant or OC (ex minicomic Tri-klops)
>Filmation variant or OC (ex Kol Darr)
>vintage line figure inexplicably an exclusive (ex Grizzlor. If you don't want any vintage on MC, just chose the one you'd find least annoying if it was)
>unique character made with 100% reuse (ex Wun Dar)
>foreign variant (ex Camo Khan)
>a character who never had a figure before (ex Frog Monger)
> a character from an obscure piece of media (ex He-Skeletor)

Who would you pick?
>>
>>10248325
- He-Ro
- Reptilax if his cameo counts, if not Lodar
- Scorpia
- Two-Bad or Modulok, if just for minicomic. Maybe Tytus because that one would make sense
- Anti-Eternia Man-At-Arms
- Christmas Modulok, maybe Leo Skeletor
- Pigboy
- Major Header or other contest runner-ups
>>
>>10248123
I actually sometimes wonder how some MOTU characters would be redesigned for this show since most characters were made younger and cuter and shippable.

But She-Ra characters are mostly humans so the only challenge was Hordak (and honestly they did decent job shifting him from that reptillian gargoyle to dark elf look and keep him recognizable) but how would Modulok or Mantenna look like?
>>
File: MotU-Obelisk.jpg (98 KB, 418x525)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>10248325
"Premium" Rattlor with working gimmick.
Pic related from the Obelisk minicomic.
Filmation Adora
Rotar
Slamurai
Christmas Modulok
King Agho
Songster
>>
File: Galago_senegalensis.jpg (247 KB, 560x748)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>10248341
>But She-Ra characters are mostly humans so the only challenge was Hordak (and honestly they did decent job shifting him from that reptillian gargoyle to dark elf look and keep him recognizable) but how would Modulok or Mantenna look like?
Filmation Modulok and Mantenna were already less freaky than their toys, and that was the only source everyone Dreamworks hired saw (Noelle did additional MotU research, and I'm not sure if it was her or someone else who picked up on Double Trouble's existence).
So maybe Mantenna would just have a fuzzy blue bush baby head to match the rest of his body. Modulok kind of looked like a bald red elf, so just give him some hair like Hordak, four legs like Mantenna, and cuter, less alien clawed hands.
>>
>>10248325
Premium Randor with shinier armor and crown, maybe a more ornate alt crown and a soft goods regal looking cape
Kex Queen
Strong-Arm
Multi-Bot
Felinor
Leo Skeletor
Concept character Tank Top
Minox
>>
Angela, Swift Wind, Kowl, Sweet Bee, Flutterina...pop has too many characters whose main talent is flying.
>>
File: vintage-masters-universe.jpg (321 KB, 1497x1080)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
My favorite vintage figures as a little kid:

1 & 2: Modulok & Multi-Bot
3: Dragon Blaster Skeletor
4: Flying Fists He-Man
5: Snout Spout
6: Buzzsaw Hordak
7: Extendar
8: Mosquitor
9: Orko
10: Rattlor

Honorable mentions: Tung Lashor, Kobra Khan, Roboto, Rio Blast, all three women.
>>
File: hre4efgf7ln61.png (407 KB, 1552x1100)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
>>10248127
It would be interesting to see a Shadow Weaver that uses the new design but retains the original curviness. The nu-ra Shadow Weaver overall is more interesting looking, since the original was pretty much just a robe. But the fact that her new outfit leaves her totally shapeless is unappealing.
>>
>>10248384
What I'd like is a doll of the original design, forcing the designers to come up with what the hideous head under her curvy burka looks like.
>>
File: images.jpeg.jpg (16 KB, 246x184)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>10248398
Are we counting comics? If we are, we've seen it.
Not exactly ugly, but definitely not human
>>
>>10248325
As far as characters from obscure media go I think cube face deserves a figure. All the other rulers of the sun are getting one.
>>
>>10248245
>asian loli
Shes better now
>>
>>10248477
>Shes better now
Not for Mattel. She'd have to be a 4-inch figure in a 5.5" line, no shared parts.
>>
>>10248477
Sure, if you have bad taste
>>
>>10248245
Thanks, I love Toph and her ice clone.
>>
File: 20230128_150902.jpg (1.15 MB, 2110x2920)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>hahaha, He-Man, I have you surrounded.
>>
>>10248365
am I alone in considering dragon blaster skeletor to be the best vintage skeletor variant? laser light and intergalactic are both neat and all, and theres a charm to terror claws, but otherwise dragon blaster is the only one that feels like a true upgrade on the level with He-Man's best. I also just appreciate when figures come with little buddies.
>>
File: 20230128_151338.jpg (704 KB, 1844x1946)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
>>10248606
>Kapow
>>
File: 20230128_151814.jpg (1.29 MB, 2268x2702)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>10248610
>you are an odd fellow, Blast-Attak
>>
File: Mighty Max 10-4.jpg (70 KB, 998x728)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Its an autistic desire of mine to see somekind of big name crossover in origins before the line comes to a close. I've been a proponent of Bravestarr, Blackstarr, and Fuerza T. But recently I had an idea cross my mind which I thought many here would appreciate. What if we got origins versions of Skullmaster and the original Cap-Barer from Mighty Max? At best it would be a good step forward in testing the waters for potential inteterest in new Mighty Max stuff aswell as a decent home media release of the old cartoon. At worst it would be an easily skippable creations exclusive.
>>
>>10248611
>but I must say
>you steam a good ham
>>
>>10248619
I think I'm doing a straight up repaint of the Mega Teela and Beastman and oneo of my spare He-man's to make a Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla.
>>
>>10248675
>looks just like He-Man in longer bracers and a brown fur vest instead of a harness
>has a magic sword
>travels with a young woman in a leotard and bracers
There was something in the air in 1980, and I don't think we can ascribe it all to the success Marvel was having with the Conan license.
>>
>>10248697
Psy ops man, that's all the 80s were man, a decade of Psy ops.
>>
You aren't alone. I never had the original He-Man or Skeletor growing up. So while those designs are iconic my personal nostalgia is for BA and FF He-Man and TC and DB Skeletor.
>>
>>10248697
Man all these 80s cartoons are giving me a leotard fetish.
Filmation already gave me one for Teela's pale thighs.
80 for Brady made me want a gilf
>am I really just a coomer?
>>
>>10248732
I got all my vintage figures in 86 and 87, and while they might have been doing refreshes of core characters (I had Teela, Lyn and Orko), it was impossible to find Original He-Man or Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, male Evil Warriors from the first two years, or even Prince Adam. But I didn't much care: I had the best He-Man and Skeletor and it's not like I was eager to play out "Prince Adam's dad is disappointed in him, then he secretly changes into He-Man".
I'd say the coolest figure I missed was Trap Jaw.
>>
>>10248737
>Man all these 80s cartoons are giving me a leotard fetish.

CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>10248127
Curious who prefers toy-human Catra or Filmation over her being a catgirl.
>>
>>10248384
Really? Creepy masked witch still needs hourglass figure or design is unappealing?
>>
>>10248846
The talk of nu ra must have attracted troons. They are the only ones who like those designs.
>>
>>10248619
I want Norman. Seems like an easy figure too with the new arms from King Hiss and parts from the New Adv Heman from the 4 pack.
>>
>>10248856
>>
>>10248966
Cool meme bro.

To be fair I do see the appeal of nu ra for trannies. The original filmation had beautiful women, which they could never be and probably intimidated them. But nu ra everything looks retarded and lumpy which would set a lower standard to aspire for.

You could never be as feminine and beautiful as the real Frosta. However you probably already are a brown misshapen thing in a blue bathrobe like nu frosta.
>>
This is a real nice sorceress, like coloring book cheesecake
>>
>>10248365
My favorites as a kid were Battle Armor Skeletor, Flying Fists He-Man, Mekaneck, Clawful, Two-Bad, Snout Spout, Mosquitor, Tung Lashor and Rattlor.
My biggest regrets was never having Mantenna or Evil-lyn, my cousin had them and I was always a little jealous I never did.
I loved Saurod in the movie and never even knew he had a toy until I was an adult. Kid me would have gone nuts.
I also wish I had known Extendar and Blast Attak existed back then. I love them now and I like to think young me would had thrm as two favs
>>
italy is so based
https://youtu.be/7GVUBTZ8K6g
>>
>>10249292

Battlecat in this series looks so damned cool. I'd like to see that take migrate to the other lines.

Also I'd like a less goofy He-Man in that series.
>>
>>10249292
Sad we won't get this. Goo Jitzu is going really strong oddly.
>>
Any updates on the Val or the future of the org?
>>
>>10249426
I just assumed the forums went down for some reason. Is there actually some drama involved?
>>
>>10248697
I've been watching two things lately..
this..
>>
>>10249429
He is apparently being sued by Mattel. For what exactly, no one seems to know.
>>
>>10249435
and this.
>>
>>10249437
Weird. They seemed a bit at odds around Power-Con but I guess there's probably some stuff going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.
>>
File: x360.jpg (43 KB, 547x360)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>10249435
Ah, Pirates of Dark Water. A show ahead of its time, as it feels like it was trying to be ATLA in 1991. Though the talking monkey-bird was a throwback to annoying '80s comic relief creatures.
>>
>>10249452
If this show was made in 91, than ATLA would be attempting to be like this pirate show.
>>
>>10249437
People keep saying that but I haven’t seen anyone present any proof
>>
>>10248755
Almost all of my core cast came from yard sales. One of the huge draws of Origins was finally getting Duncan with all his armor, having two half power swords to put together and so forth.
I never had Roboto, Ninjor, Adam or Randor. Blade and Gwildor I didn't even know existed until I was an adult and started into Origins.
Saurod was one of my favorites. It stings that many of my vintage favourites are the most expensive to buy now. At least Extandar was cheap haha.
>>
>>10249513
Nta...but does Val have social media to just him?
>>
thought about finally getting a classics heman figure cause i wanna just have more hemans

theyre so insanely expensive, i doubt ill ever get a classics figure. I dont understand why theyre all over a hundred dollars
>>
>>10249426
>>10249429
>>10249437
>>10249449
>>10249513
Does it really even matter anymore?
People talk about the archive, but didn't that get taken offline years ago? The .org was basically just the forum these days, and for what value that brought, it's no loss for it to be dead
>>
>>10249388
from what ive seen the reason it has such strong legs is because its one of the few toylines young kids really love. they move all the time, often go out of stock, and constantly churn out wave after wave. all that before they even began to obtain licenses too. they're definitely up there with those zuru suprirse eggs, treasure x, fortinite, minecraft, sonic, and mario in terms of success.
>>
>>10249452
i have to revisit alot of these shows someday. god knows they'll never make another good action cartoon like this again. it seems like the genre itself died off enmasse in the early 2010s. everything since always has to be coated in this dense film of "action comedy" and sucks as a result.
>>
>>10249553
why not buy one of the bootlegs floating around? given the number of cheap masterverse figures you could easily dress one up with a nicer harness.
>>
>>10249574
We lost priceless library of MOTU books, we really dont need rubbing salt in the wound.
>>
>>10249598
Why didn't anyone save it offline?
>>
.org forum was a good liblary of Origins minicomics, now even that might be lost.
>>
>>10249606
I'm sure it's backed up, just no one is willing to spill the beans yet. I'm as unaware of the details as everyone else but someone knew something was coming,and it's all saved. Guess it's a good reason to pick up those reference books now lol.
>>
>>10249437
Seems unlikely he always bent over backwards to make Mattel as happy as possible, to the point of discouraging criticism, and constantly trying to make the forums an all ages safe space for MOTU fandom.

Although, with Powercon becoming just another toy convention and the archive shutting down maybe he's just lost interest in maintaining it going forward?
>>
>>10249623
Is that character guide just a collection of his fanfiction?
I have the other ones and they are quite good
>>
Who would you say in MOTU wears the best hat/helmet/headwear?
>>
>>10249642
Sorceress
>>
File: E0P0TsfWUAMHZlf.jpg (118 KB, 1200x677)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>10249642
>>
File: Sulkor.png (306 KB, 459x436)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
sulkor hahaha
>>
>>10249642
Tri Klops
>>
what's the best articulated skeletor figure?
>>
>>10248846
Yes. Not sure why you're acting like that's unreasonable in a franchise where the walking skunk has eight pack abs.
>>
>>10249695
Currently available? Am Origins one or New Eternia Masterverse, depending on what you want out of it.
>>
>>10249669
i know stinkor = skunk but I can only interpret his face as a cat
>>
>>10248697
I'm pretty sure Thundarr was not just imitating Conan, but a combination of a lot of different franchises. Star Wars has a particularly clear influence - Ookla the Mok as Chewbacca, Princess Ariel as Princess Leia, Thundarr's sun sword as a lightsaber. There are other similarities in some episodes. Then the main villain, Gemini, looks like Darkseid from Superman.
>>
>>10249720
This is why I dislike vintage toy accurate Mer-Man. Other versions actually looking a fish, but that mold looks better when painted as Stinkor or Felinor than it does Mer-Man
>in b4 someone makes a catfish joke
>>
>>10249626
Couldn't say, I don't have any personally but I've heard nothing but positive things about the figure guide and mini comic collection. Which reminds me I want to read my savage sword of Conan collection again.
>>
Guide books are good but they will never cover everything that was on .org unless they make a fat book called "Miscellaneous". I doubt they'll even cover magazines.
>>
>>10248697
>There was something in the air in 1980
And it was AWESOME! Seriously though, it was Dungeons and Dragons which had creeped enough into the national consciousness (it debuted in the 70's but started getting media attention later like the "Satanic Panic" and Tom Hanks "Mazes and Monsters"). Star Wars was HUGE and every copycat was trying to get their own slice of box office and toy sales, Likewise, D&D was doing for Fantasy what SW did for Sci Fi, everyone was trying to get on top on the "Next Big Thing", Conan was adapted to comic book which meant you could find him in your grocery store comic rack. Filmation tried their hand at first with Blackstar (which is great and holds up well minus the Trobbits) before their home run with MOTU. Thundarr was very much a pitch of "Star Wars mixed with Conan/D&D", which at that time in 1980's Hollywood was like being the first person to ever pitch combining peanut butter & chocolate (or jelly).

Thundarr was actually killed by parents complaining about violence, which is a damned shame because if it had gone on longer, oh what could have been!
>>
>>10249756
The minicomic collection is great, but I can't for the life of me really figure why anyone would spend money on the figure guide. Anyone who collected the lines already knows what figures exist, and anyone who's just getting started can just Google "MotU/PoP/NA/200x/Classics checklist" and find every toy plus pics instantly.
>>
>>10249438
I have this on DVD, never did get around to finishing it. Probably my earliest exposure to typecasting, I can't get over the dad from Herculoids doing any other character, just too distinctive.
>>
>>10249579
>Galtar
>another good action cartoon like this again.
Another DVD set I bought but never finished, guess I need to. It didn't grab my attention too well at first, but it was hard to follow up binging Thundarr.
>>
>>10249737
ironically felinor reminds me of a bat because of his cardback bio. maybe its an overactive imagination on my part.
>>
>>10249778
im still sad that thundarr comics were made but never printed because of those same parents groups. fucking parents groups man...
>>
>>10249795
thundarr really was the apex of the scifi fantasy barbarian genre. obviously heman started it but thundarr perfected it to a science. having steve gerber and jack kirby on board was obviously a huge part of that. speaking of which how sad is it that jack never got to work on the MOTU movie? fuck I can only imagine what he could have cooked up for cannon
>>
>>10249715
I dont remember people hating on those redesigns because they're less buff. Same with Hordak.
>>
>>10244142
>>10244039
I don't even know anything about He Man and I want an Up-Scaler.
>>
>>10249809
>obviously heman started it but thundarr perfected it to a science.

Thundarr predates He-Man.
It debuted in Oct 1980
He-Man toys didn't hit the shelves until 1982 and the cartoon didn't debut until the following year
>>
>>10249821
wait really?
>its true
how the fuck did thundarr get buried ?! man that's crazy
>>
>>10249834
Never heard about Hydrox cookies?
>>
>>10249844
good point, I guess the lack of merch and parents group attacks probably didnt help in retrospect
>>
>>10249782
Just because you didn't need something doesn't mean someone else didn't.
I got a copy for Christmas. As someone who had vintage toys as a child and hasn't bought another toy (at all) in the last 25 years, it's amazing to see what I missed and make my own checklist of who and what I want to get.

I'm also one of the most enthusiastic anons about getting updated New Adventures in Origins. That's all because of sitting with the book thinking about how awesome the mutants look.
>>
File: SuperPowers-038.jpg (92 KB, 600x800)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>10249722
That's because the studio hired Jack Kirby.
Five years after Gemini, Kirby gave Darkseid's son Orion a similar spinning face feature when Kenner asked him to redesign his New Gods characters for Super Powers.
>>
>>10249803
>thundarr comics were made but never printed
Damn, I never knew that! That fucking sucks.
>>10249809
>thundarr perfected it to a science.
Exactly! It absolutely pains me that so many great cartoons had their film masters junked by idiots who thought video resolution was the best it would ever be, but I thank God that of the very few that were saved, Thundarr was one of them, and the Blu Ray is a real treasure.
>>10249834
>how the fuck did thundarr get buried ?
I covered that in a previous post, the show was cancelled because parents complained it was too violent. Looking back, you see Thundarr never had an Orko-like sidekick. I bet people like Lou Scheimer showed these groups clips of their characters like Orko, the Blackstar Trobbits, Thundercats Snarf, to parent groups to prove how kiddie their shows were, and also why they put their recap "lesson of today's episode" moral lecture so it's okay to buy melted skeleton face man toys! I recently watched a Thundarr episode where Ariel fell into a pit and Thundarr says something akin to "save yourself, woman!". Put THAT on a fucking lunch box!
>>
>>10249928
>Exactly! It absolutely pains me that so many great cartoons had their film masters junked by idiots who thought video resolution was the best it would ever be
It gets even worse when they cleaned them up with shitty/lazy DVNR first. It's especially jarring in the He-Man intro where the lines between Cringer's toes disappear when he's shaking during his introduction, and you don't even have to fucking freezeframe to notice that.
>>
>>10249782
Idk, it's fun just to leaf through books and magazines. I mean, I see your point completely, still physical media is nice.
>>
>>10249776
Guess a trip to the internet archive is in order, see what's there to build up a file or two?
>>
>>10249790

it's an interesting show.. especially when they throw little practical bits like using a lever in.
sort of like the original Sealab.
Micro Ventures dind't last long enough or put in enough science to make it worthwhile but if they had it could have made the "grade 3 science class" circuit and opened up that field.
Also it aired the same day as Land of the Lost which blows my mind.
Is that a result of industrial espionage or the weirdest co-incidences?
>>
File: RevengeJedi.jpg (42 KB, 300x218)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>10249722
It hurts so much.
>>10249809
What pains me is ARGO.
The Canadians and CIA went in to Iran with Jack Kirby production art of Zelazny's Lord of Light - a movie that will probably never be made.
>>
File: thundarrcomics01.jpg (62 KB, 408x300)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10249803
The fact that all the artists had mock ups for a comic series as well.
>>
File: 1548.jpg (176 KB, 471x721)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>10249996
>>
File: 3316.jpg (136 KB, 499x630)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>10249997
it would have been a crazy world.
>>
>>10249984
>Also it aired the same day as Land of the Lost which blows my mind.
Trippy. I grew up with Land of the Lost reruns, I have extremely vague recollections of encountering the rare episode of Valley of the Dinosaurs. Absolutely love Land of the Lost, too bad the 90's series was trash.
>>
>>10249996
Did they though? That's the art from promotional material on the left, and the right was a coloring book cover that did get released. How do we know these aren't fan mockups?
>>10249997
Looks photoshopped
>>
>>10250000
Ah yes, Thor always was my favorite DC character. /s Nice digits at least.
>>
New Thread:
>>10250086
>>10250086
>>10250086
>>
>>10250087
>not even waiting for autosage

Bruh
>>
>>10250096
I thought seeing the threads next to each other was fishy. Any way, my battle damage skeletor took a dive and snapped at the teeny weeny tiny knee joint. Are the the thighs on deluxes removable? I'd like to buy a loose origins and swap them out if I can.
>>
>>10250155
>battle damage skeletor
I assume you mean battle armor skeletor but that's a pretty appropriate mistake

captcha: WASPS
>>
>>10250157
Yeah, I get my masters confused more than any other line. So are the thighs swappable on these? I'm not one that dabbles much in the modular aspect of origins unless it's spare parts on a donor body.
>>
>>10250225
No, well not the thighs anyway

I know you can probably swap them at the knees by softening them in boiling water but it sounds like the peg is now stuck inside the thigh so you'd have to figure out a way to pry that out first
>>
>>10250251
I was afraid that this was the case. Ok, well until I get replacement I've got some tack holding him together. Thanks for the answer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.