[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 40581_SetImage_1.jpg (324 KB, 1200x1600)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>The World of Bionicle
Media: https://biomediaproject.com/bmp/

Story: https://wallofhistory.com/
Wiki: https://biosector01.com/

>Building with Bionicle
Studio: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/download.page

Guide (also includes official and custom parts packs): https://bioniclerebuilt.wixsite.com/fallingstars/studio-guide-v2

Previous thread: >>10211756
>>
File: 1673958030212648.png (479 KB, 1080x1317)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>10231715
Oh boy does this make me LAUGH
Tee, hee
>>
>>10231718
>an original lego theme doesn't have the popularity and selling power of Harry Potter and Star Wars
Well duh.
>>
>>10231718
a surefire way to tell if someone's mad online is if their post includes something about how hard they're laughing
>>
>>10231715
I've really grown to love the heroic proportions of this Tahu, and they implemented articulation really well (though I may give him ankles to see what that looks like, I also may try ball elbows but I also don't want to take away the original silhouette entirely). Even if not for Bionicle it'd be cool if they made some more little figures like this. Just standalone characters, essentially buildable action figures. Clearly it doesn't need to be constraction to get the feel of an action figure.
>>
any recent mocs anon?
>>
>>10231718
>Oh no, (((brand))) consoomers who will pay 5x markups for anything with a logo haven't ruined the BIONICLE aftermarket, sure sucks to be a BIOfag!

Lol, I'll be wiping my tears with cheaply-repurchased sets I had as a kid while Potterfags and Star Whores get a mortgage just to repurchase Minifigures.
>>
>>10231756
I'd like Hero Factory or Slizers done in this style
>>
>>10231756
ah yes the cope, lick the boot bitch
>>
>>10231784
coping about the cope... powerful.
>>
File: image0.jpg (69 KB, 969x676)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
some pics for your consideration
>>
File: image0 (2).jpg (113 KB, 600x800)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>
File: image0 (3).jpg (132 KB, 965x438)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>
File: image0 (1).jpg (125 KB, 800x800)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
been meaning to whiten the yellowed parts of my krekka too
>>
>>10231820
>>10231822
>>10231824
>>10231828
Good shit anon. Never seen someone army building slizer before but I respect it
>>
>>10231883
yeah, I bought them in lots back when they were dirt cheap so now I have a lot of dupes
>>
File: MVC-454F.jpg (250 KB, 1472x1104)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
some more.

capcha: PGAYX, kek
>>
File: image0.jpg (767 KB, 2048x2048)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
>>
File: DSC00634.jpg (701 KB, 1472x1104)
701 KB
701 KB JPG
>>
File: DSC00649.jpg (330 KB, 1024x768)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>
File: DSC00660.jpg (706 KB, 1472x1104)
706 KB
706 KB JPG
>>
>>10231775
...fuck me that's a good idea
>>10231824
Anon you have so many Turbo, can't I have like, one?
>>
>>10231715
For those who do want to get this via GWP rather than wait for it to show up on Bricklinks what are you planning on buying? Apparently you can even use the pick a brick for it. Maybe there are some creative Rahi builds some have come up with?
>>
File: FmIEwZ4XkA4LhGZ.jpg_large.jpg (434 KB, 1536x2048)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>>10231715
SOUL
>>
>>10232183
I'm still torn truth be told. Part of me wants to buy some sets to get it sooner, but there's not a ton I'm into. Combi Mech, maybe one of the Ninjago Titan mecha or the gattai one. The bolide car has some sick parts, too.
But at the same time, I don't *need* those sets, and I mostly want parts I'll use, and they only have a handful of useful ones for me. It almost feels more economical to just buy the parts I want off of Bricklink alongside the set itself.
At the same time, part of me is also thinking of buying a shit ton of smaller sets and taking those to a place for kids in need or something, give them an early/late Christmas
>>
I’m trying to color swap some of the toa and was thinking of changing their weapon out if there isn’t a bionicle piece in that color to match. what other sets have things bionicles can hold as weapons? Tahus sword for instance was made in a few colors but short of spray painting a sword white for a color swap I was wondering what else I could use even if it was ice theme and not fire theme.
>>
>>10231758
Digital? Yes. IRL? No.
>>
>>10231918
Pure fucking soul
>>
>>10232290
Your donation idea is a good one for sure. I might do the same. I was also eyeing the Combi Mech, it looks like a pretty nice set. At the same time if pick a brick is an option that's always something I could go for. Pick a brick qualifies for the free shipping, right? With Bricklink I'd imagine the shipping ends up skewing the prices quite a bit, so I'd probably rather just have fun with it. That said if I do that shipping could take forever, so maybe I could just go to a store and buy whatever interests me at the time. I have a ton of mixel joints so maybe even something generic like assorted blocks might be something worth grabbing and just building whatever I feel like. Could always give extras to young cousins/nephews/nieces.
>>
While it's cool they acknowledge MNOG takua and the amaja nui stones, I don't really the the point of this set.

Aesthetically and functionally, it's boring... Bland. It falls utterly short of it's predecessor from 22 years ago.

Chunky flat blocks can't really compare, at all, to the stylistic detail put into the og toa's technic limbs and Kanohi masks. There's no reason to get this if you already have a real Tahu or Takua other than blind consumerism. I mean, whoopee, Lego put out a single Bionicle set for $100. One that's worse than all the real Bionicle sets. and also, Lego as an entity doesn't really give a shit at all, since everything cool about this was pushed for by the 2 individual designers who are actual Bionicle nerds. I'm glad for those 2 guys, that's about it.
>>
>>10232460
I'm coming at it from a different angle, it's just a commemorative set that celebrates the idea of 2001 Bionicle, all the way up to the general look of the online game. Aesthetically, though I like how it looks on its own, of course can't compete with the specific style of the originals, but it isn't trying to do that. Functionally, there are no gears but this is the only 2001 Tahu that has this kind of articulation, so that's a plus.

I don't blame anyone for not caring about this set, but I genuinely think it looks good for what it is and is well designed given the limitations and constraints of the size and the pieces available. Would I have rather this be a separate 20 dollar set? Sure, even if I wasn't interested in getting it I think it'd be a cool set. Like if they made a Knight's Kingdom set that was basically the same as this but in that aesthetic, sure it isn't the same as the original, but I'd still think it nice that they acknowledge it. Bionicle was long lived and has fans separate from Lego fans, but at the end of the day it is technically just another theme.
>>
>>10232468
Personally I'd prefer Lego to put together some kind of anniversary retrospective or something. Something that actually requires some effort from the company at large. Rather than a very very very stunted and overpriced product, even if a cool nod. I don't see the point in making an actual toy if it has to be so compromised and watered down
>>
I think what’s ironic is that instead of these brick based things that we can’t really display with anything, I think what would have been a cheaper option for Lego and a preferable one to us is if they just made the original 6 toa as Lego mini figures. if it needs to be brick based at least mini figures have their own appeal.
>>
>>10232499
Yeah, an appeal I don't give the slightest shit about. At least this Tahu is some kind of buildable action figure, which was, you know, the whole concept of the line.
>>
>>10232513
I don’t think a half assed execution is better than a full commitment to one extreme in this situation. Yeah it’s a buildable figure but like another comment already said it’s inferior to what we already own. So what the fuck is the point? If they are going to dumb it down they may as well commit to something worth owning. Lego Bionicle mini figures I can at least display with my Lego system
stuff. This product is basically a desk ornament. I can’t put this by anything else and have it fit anywhere.
>>
>>10232528
That being said if I could display this with the other characters I would probably end up buying it even though I don’t need it. I don’t like having one off things.
>>
>>10232528
I dont get why people are calling it half baked excecution. The interviews show the Bonk team cared about this. They wanted it to be as cheap as possible so that more people could get it so they chose this out of the 3 concepts they came up with. The takanuva for the second concept was amazing but piece count would have pushed it to needing to be a GWP for double the price near enough.

Heck a GWP getting a print is rare and its great that they managed to get TWO prints when the Blacktron GWP got one lol

Its a cool desk ornament and its fueled a ton of cool mocs atleast.
>>
>>10232499
The third concept they came up with was pretty much that!
>>
https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-reveals-concepts-for-bionicle-2023-gwp?fbclid=IwAR0Kz-HTba6lirTst3dmGXDqQ0GVkgJxpMzUky4T_zeizujT04tE2LeWUuA

This was the second concept
Heres the intreview for people who hadnt realized there is any.
>>
>>10232536
There are elements I like about it and elements I don’t like. But the main glaring one is the parts that aren’t even the right fucking color. I can tell they did care because of the lava detail and the surfboard which makes it even weirder they couldn’t color match things. I do like it but it bugs me like I said because I can’t display it with any thing. I’ve been saying it for a while Lego just needs to appease its fans by releasing a few recolored old parts for MOCs. That’s what people want. I simply think value wise rather than having this one random thing, having 6 bionicle Lego mini figures with molded masks would have been preferable.

>>10232538
I think I would have preferred this because I could have made a cohesive display in micro scale. If I want to try and build the other 5 from the OP It will be a lot more work and I will need to print out decals and shit.
>>
>>10232536
Also I will admit however that if they supported this aesthetic and actually made the rest of think it would be a higher quality product than G2 so there is at least that
>>
>>10232562
What parts are you on about being the wrong colour? The balljoints? Tough luck as those parts are color locked to DBG and LBG due to not being ABS
>>
>>10232513
I'll agree with this. I don't care about Bionicle minifigures. At least this buildable set has the 'action figure' feel or Bionicle, plus the adventure aspect with Takua and his backpack.

>>10232538
While this is cool and looks fun for a first pass, I don't think this would have the same level of the current one as a GWP. I'd definitely buy this for a few dollars though. That they pretty closely mirror the original articulation (-wrist for some of them, +neck) is also a neat touch.

>>10232548
And while this looks really good, this would probably be another 200-250 GWP. Another I'd be interested in buying on its own though.
>>
>>10232571
Yes thats why they went with Concept 1 which was Tahu and Takua. The TakaNuva would have been too expensive a GWP. They wanted more Bionicle fans to be able to get it. It was only greenlit as the higher ups asked the GWP team to make a Bonk GWP. They got older designers back for the box art and such.
>>
>>10232569
How about the dark grey elbows you fucking dumbass? If they cant change the color of the shoulders and thighs they should have found a way to hide them. it’s distracting and breaks the design up.
>>
>>10232584
Not that anon but I'm pretty sure the same principle would apply to the hinge joint as it does for the mixel joint, in that the parts tolerance can't really be changed, which would happen with changes in color. If it was a bigger set and they had room to build around it I'm sure they could, but with the current proportions I don't think there's all that much they could do. For example they covered the thighs, but can't really do much about the hips or knees in the legs.
>>
>>10232571
You know what else also has the action figure appeal? The fucking original figures. instead of reinventing the wheel minifigures would at least have been truly unique instead of trying to approximate something and falling short. if your make something better you can still make something unique. Sometimes compromising is good but I don’t think it was the right call here.

To your second point about fun what fun are you going to have with that desk ornament that you can’t get with the other design? Like I said at least the 6 small figures you could have built a landscape around. That sounds like more fun to me because you can build a display or diorama around them.
>>
>>10232588
Dude are you not aware that the hinge joint has been made in a bunch of colors? What are you fucking talking about. I can just replace it myself if I were to buy it but you shouldn’t need to. Am I mistaking that hinge part for something else? Because as far as I know it’s been made in almost every color.
>>
File: bins.png (91 KB, 589x930)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>10232584
Well thats a different problem. Its not currently In use or production.
GWP dont get new part colours or moulds.
>>
>>10232594
see
>>10232597
It couldnt be used for the set as normal orange hinges arnt in use only the keetongu one.
>>
>>10232600
>>10232597
I find it depressing they couldn’t just simply reprint it in the right color when it used to be such a common part. Regardless I stand by what I said originally I think the set of 6 would have been the better idea because we could have reinterpreted the island in system form without it taking a large amount of bricks to make recognizable places
>>
>>10232612
Building on this post someone said it led to mocs can you guys point me in the direction of some? I’m curious what people made.
>>
>>10232614
Loads of system Mocs, Even seen nui jaga and nui rama.
>>
>>10231722
>>10231759
It's barely even true though. There are Kanohi just as expensive to acquire as some of the rarest minifigures from those themes. Then you have TRU exclusives worth hundreds used. I work at a Bricks and Minifigs and AFOLs are constantly impressed by what Bionicle sets and collectibles are going for these days.
>>
>>10231916
>Old lego site
well damn
>>
>>10231918
>>10231916
Are these old photos or some kind of modern retro setup? Very cool
>>
>>10232431
I think I might follow your lead some, or at least investigate pick a brick more. I want to do more fusion MOCs so if I can get better parts to bridge Bionicle and Technic with System, all the better.
If nothing else, I'll see prices for what I'm after and if it won't cost much to get a lot of what I need on Bricklink, I might just order what I need there and spend the $100 at Lego and donate most of it like I said.
>>
>>10232460
>bending red tohunga arms like that
Suffering.
>>
>>10232536
>I dont get why people are calling it half baked excecution
Because brickonicle looks like plain boring shit compared to og Bionicle unless you go full greeble mode like pic related
>>10232548
>>
The system takua is cute because the pakari and simplistic tohunga design translated pretty well. The tohunga were always small, cute, silly little guys.

However, System Tahu just looks bad. The toa are supposed to be stoic , cool looking badasses. But he just looks goofy. There's none of the dark edge or mystery that projected the whole allure of the line when you were a kid back in 2001. So all his primary traits other than just being a red humanoid thing are completely absent. The most faithful thing is the box art and instruction pamphlet renders, which he just looks entirely out of place in.
>>
>>10232733
I posted both comments and as per the interviews would have led to it being a $200+ Gwp
>>
File: 1673499615004099[1].jpg (2.5 MB, 3279x2464)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>10232614
>>
>>10232780
Good evening gentlemen
>>
>>10231715

who the fuck asked for this? lego keeps sabotaging bionicle and then they wonder why it keeps failing.
>>
File: r6.png (292 KB, 813x666)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
robo riders combiners are cool
>>
>>10233063
I like it. Didn't ask for it but would be happy to get it. I'd buy G3 looking like this too. The whole 6 sets thing would be too much to collect at their larger size and pricepoint nowadays, so something smaller like these would probably be the way to go. Plus the scaling could lead to cool things with larger sets.
>>
File: 1147010362.jpg (402 KB, 551x735)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>10231715
I honestly think Sidorak could take Keetongu in a fight. He's bigger (if the sets aren't canon then what's the point) and Keetongu has like ape-level intelligence. Plus there were 30 visorak there who should have helped sidorak.
>>
>>10233116
Sidorak is a punk ass bitch who never won a fair fight in his life and Keetongu was able to hold his own in a 1v1 against fucking Makuta Teridax, my guy.
>>
Does anyone cast and recolor bionicle weapons? Please respond
>>
>>10233068
Those container wheels really help in making it feel massive, like a proper battleship
>>
>>10232775
I hate the concept of gwps
>>
>>10233116
Sidorak is a massive pussy, Roodaka kept him in chastity and pegged him every night.
>>
>>10233195
Don't forget the constant ball busting
>>
File: Comic_Takutanuva.png (192 KB, 354x235)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
it's been 20 years and I still don't know what the fuck this was about
>>
>>10233116
>Had a hard time (and still kinda do) seeing Bohrok eyepieces on Bohrok themselves as eyes
>Also thought the things on the sides of Sidorak's head were his eyes before watching Web of Shadows
I was a stupid child
>>
>>10233205
Don't take the movies too literal anon
>>
>>10233202
Energized protodermis, ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>10233202
I’ve always thought it was a straight design choice making Makuta’s hands Takanuva masks. I mean as a kid it was nice to have that part since it was so important to the story but still.
>>
File: 717087_1.jpg (2.26 MB, 1946x3150)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
>>10231715
>Ninjago is 10 years old
>confirmed to continue beyond 2023
How did Ninjago go so strong and Bionicle fail so hard? Does this make you angry?
>>
>>10233345
nah ninjago is cool. great mechs, could make exo-force proud.
>>
>>10233345
infuriated
>>
>>10233345
Ninjas sell.
Literally. Always sell. They're as safe as a bet as Pirates.
Lego also was smart early and launched Ninjango with a TV show. Unlike Bionicle which had it's tie-in-media in every other format.

If they had gen 1 be a tv-show with re-runs during the 2000's I assure you, it'd likely still be here today.
Inb4 >What about G2's tv show?
Came out way after G2 started and even then was stuck on netflix.
>>
>>10233345
Ton of reasons. >>10233357 nailed the point of ninjas and launching with a TV series.
Ninjago also learned from Bionicle's mistakes. It was marketed as simply as possible. Elemental ninjas fighting a different line of baddies every year, with very little deep lore to confuse kids, even as the years go on.
Plus it's all made out of System, so you get cheaper investments from Lego itself.
>>
>>10233357
The show was also airing in the zoomer hayday, so it was with a bunch of other memorable tv shows
>>
File: 1667161019601196.gif (575 KB, 220x220)
575 KB
575 KB GIF
So is Boncle gonna get rebooted in mixels form or is it dead for good?
>>
>>10233441
thankfully lego isn't that much into necrophilia but they did made an exception with G2
>>
>>10233441
They've confirmed this is a one-off deal.
>>
>>10233345
>if something ends at any point it's a failure, even if it lasted for years
>the only measure of success is a product continuing on long after it's become stale
peak consoomer mindset
>>
>>10233441
The Bionicle promo is just that, a promo. It's a GWP (grift with purchase) intended to incentivize people to spend more money. Going off the interview with the two people who designed the set, they were the ones to approach Lego and ask for a commemorative Bionicle set. It's made with existing parts and uses flat prints for the masks because they have to work within certain budget restrictions when designing GWPs. So no, Bionicle is not and will not be coming back in any form. I don't mean to be a downer but it's just not gonna happen. Better to enjoy the memories we have and continue making MOCs instead of waiting for Lego to make official sets.
>>
>>10233480
>So no, Bionicle is not and will not be coming back in any form
While it definitely won't be any time soon, I don't think there's a reason to really close the door on it entirely, especially with 90s nostalgia making a comeback, and 00s nostalgia will be on its way soon, and Bionicle always felt somewhat Lego adjacent, in that it wouldn't be odd to see it come back.

Plus there's the potential success of the GWP both in stores and sales data from Bricklink that could interest them. But again, not any time soon.
>>
File: DSC00644.jpg (143 KB, 640x480)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>10232658
>Are these old photos or some kind of modern retro setup?
The latter
>>
>>10233502
The chances for pretty much anything are low but never 0. But I think it's better to keep your hopes as low as possible so that you'll never be disappointed. If something does happen, it will be a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>10233514
Ya, that's my perspective. I'm personally quite happy with this GWP and will be happy to get it. Would I like others like it? Sure, and as non GWP, but as a standalone item and a possible bookend of my (official, anyways) Bionicle collection, that's alright too.
>>
>>10233146
Counterpoint: Keetongu's entire species jobbed to the visorak. Even if they weren't right there Sidorak had enough tools that he should've been able to draw the fight out and summon the visorak with his herding blade.
>>10233195
The Web of Shadows femdom doujinshi isn't canon. And before you mention it, neither was the NTR one where Vakama cucks Sidorak. Those were just promotional material.
>>
>>10233480
>So no, Bionicle is not and will not be coming back in any form.
It'll keep getting shitty one-off sets every 5+ years so that the copyright doesn't lapse
>>
>>10233116
Sid's a coward and didn't end up on the red star, so if he didn't get his cranium crushed, he probably played dead, limped back to Stelt and changed his name
>>
admit it, 2001 is bionicle's most iconic year
>>
>>10233345
As a kid I was really into ninjas so when ninjago came out I wanted to like it, but it seemed very cheap to me mixing so many “themes” together. I just wanted a no nonsense ninja theme. Mixing in the fantasy elements is one thing but the stupid technological vehicles and things makes it seem to silly. Really wish they dialed it back because it was a monkey paw to me when it came out.
>>
>>10233570
we dont need to admit it if it is the coldest and hardest truths of them all
>>
>>10233570
To me it is. The launch with the online game, the cool graphics, I loved it. I remember being extremely disappointed with the Nuva such that I didn't bother buying Takanuva (though happily bought Makuta) because he just looked like another of the 6 I already got (plus I didn't much care for the silver weapons over the colored ones). Plus their oversized masks made them look less interesting to me. I kept buying the sets because I enjoyed the greater articulation introduced with the Metru Nui crew onwards, and also remember being really excited for the Piraka and Inika, but I think it was the Barraki that really got my interest back because of how different they all were from each other. When they brought back Tahu and crew I can't say I cared for any them design wise, and since Tahu was my favorite, it just brought my enthusiasm down. I think new weapons invoking their original ones would have been the way to go. I could go on but this blog post has gone on long enough.
>>
>>10233503
I don’t recognize that computer, what is it? Also how are you using it to get online? I always hear old computers can support modern browsers. Also how are you on the old website? Way back machine? very cool.
>>
>>10233601
No I would be very interested to hear how the designers came up with those shitty toa designs later. Really makes no sense and I wish I knew what the fuck they were thinking. We could have had modernized versions of the original cast that still looked like the original characters but they totally fucked it up.
>>
>>10233570
Who says otherwise?
>>
>>10233570
what a bold and controversial take
>>
>>10233609
the sets are designed before it's decided what characters they will be
>>
>>10233063
It's a fucking GWP set
>>
>>10233116
Sidorak doesn't even have eyes, Keetongu has one eye.
>>
>>10233669
Source or shut up they can’t possibly be this retarded

>>10233688
All Lego needs to do is recolor a few masks for Mocs and release them as a collectors set it’s that simple. mata masks, metru masks, it doesn’t matter. Alternatively just few technic parts they still use today, just recolor them for some fucking Moc parts. It’s so simple.
>>
File: Lesovikk_Alone.png (134 KB, 259x377)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
The added articulation that came from the piraka/inika build was great and everything, but I don't like how it make the whole toyline's aesthetic transition into gangly designs with lanky kong arms.
>>
>>10233911
They're aliens. Alien cyborgs. Who give a fuck if they have weird proportions. It'd be weirder if they didn't.
>>
>>10233884
>It’s so simple.
First off 90% of Bionicle fans wouldn't care about this, and 99% of non Bionicle fans would care about this even less.

Secondly they obviously don't have those molds anymore. Not "so simple".
>>
>>10233345
It’s system there’s are a bunch of internal autistic lego designers who fucking hate bionicle because it doesn’t fit into the “system” which is like a fucking religion at lego HQ in Denmark
>>
>>10233448
Bionicle fans are literally going waste hundreds of dollars on shit they don’t want for a one time deal is lego the stupidest company?
>>
File: Why.png (84 KB, 858x324)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>10232640
There's also this retardation that happened because of le gregg canon contests.
>>
>>10233884
from an interview with faber: https://stonewars.com/things-to-know/interview-with-former-creative-director-christian-faber/
there are other examples out there but you'll have to find them yourself instead of being spoonfed. it's pretty much common knowledge though, and why else do you think the toa metru look nothing like the turaga, the mahri don't look like the inika, or phantoka like the nuva? it's a toy first and foremost. making cool and unique characters that kids want to play with comes before story.
>>
>>10233464
Well, the last few years the sets got too repetitive, the fragile joints became a problem, and the story got too complicated as Greg turned it into his shitty fanfiction.

>>10233884
>Source or shut up
I believe Greg said that in an interview or something, I can't find it anymore but I'll try to look it up.
>It’s so simple
They don't have the molds anymore, and even if they kept them stored somewhere they're probably too worn out to be reused. Also, TLG is a company, setting up molds, printing pieces in new colors and releasing sets costs them money, so they wouldn't release parts/sets that don't produce any profit.
https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2009/02/building-on-a-dynasty/
>Such are the high tolerances demanded from the manufacturing process that it was said that Lego buried their old moulds in the foundation of buildings. “It is true,” Duedahl says. “In the old days there was a saying that the tolerance was really a competitive edge for the company, so when they built new factories, they took the old moulds, threw them on the floor and put concrete over the top. That has actually happened!
>“For competitive reasons, you didn’t put them anywhere. Now we have a more formal scrapping process, where we re-use or melt a lot of the stuff, so we don’t put them into the floor anymore.”
>>
>>10233976
Seems pretty genius to me. Pull a bunch of people back to buy their products just to get a hit of nostalgia. Some might stay customers after that.
Lego knows what they're doing.
>>
>>10234056
I think it only applies to later years, there are some obvious similarities between the Turaga and the Toa Metru. Also the final design of the Phantoka resemble the Toa Nuva in some way (look at Lewa's mask and the original Miru Nuva for example), but the Mistika were originally meant to be a new version of the Inika/Mahri.
>>
File: 1628997806701.png (319 KB, 750x409)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>10234090
I hate the fucking autist who wanted the Av-Matoran masks to be noble versions of Kanohi we already knew, and fuck Greg for giving it green light.
We could've gotten new masks but those BZP fags and their nostalgia boner.
>>
>>10233570
Does anybody deny this? Even Attitude Era fans, G2 zooms and Metru fags acknowledge this, even if they prefer whatever other era. Railing against 2001 is like getting mad at gen 1 Pokemon but liking the rest of them.
>>
>>10234372
>getting mad at gen 1 Pokemon but liking the rest of them.
/vp/ does this all the time.
>>
File: 20230118_220534.jpg (1.84 MB, 3971x1898)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
Christmas haul
>>
>>10233202
is this combiner worth building?
>>
>>10234412
Kopaka sure does look different
>>
File: DSC00640.jpg (720 KB, 1472x1104)
720 KB
720 KB JPG
>>10233603
>I don’t recognize that computer, what is it?
Power Macintosh 5500 in a Macintosh Color Classic case.
>Also how are you using it to get online?
Just simple ethernet.
>I always hear old computers can support modern browsers
There are some but they weren't needed here, the original Bionicle site was already designed for these computers.
>Also how are you on the old website?
https://files.maskofdestiny.com/sites/_download/Bionicle.com2001.zip
>>
File: DSC00642.jpg (150 KB, 640x480)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
this is how a lot of people probably experienced bionicle.com back in the day
>>
>>10234517
>>10234516
I wish I kept my crts
>>
File: IMG_0633.jpg (827 KB, 1284x1278)
827 KB
827 KB JPG
>>10234635
>I wish I kept my crts
indeed
>>
>>10233570
I would argue 2002.
>>
>>10234517
For me it was my grandmas old windows computer, something before XP. Go to the matoran jalla page
>>
>>10233964
One of the main appeals of bionicle is the ability to make your own designs. Lego fucked up bottlenecking that by not producing parts in enough colors. Perfect time to have done that would have been those part tub things which were simply just ordinary parts. Mata and metru torso recolors, masks recolors, weapon recolors, joint recolors, list goes on an on. The metru masks are probably the most disgusting regarded fucking example because not only did they not make new colors for them they fucked reused the same ones for those other smaller characters later- essentially just making them look like shrunk down toa metru.
>>
>>10234415
I've built him once. Not really, it's just a swole Teridax who gobbled up the Ussanui and can't support his own weight anymore. The model just keeps swinging its waist around because the legs and hips are a near exact copy of the design of the Makuta set, but the upper body and the staff combined weigh a lot more.
For a "fusion between the forces of Light and Darkness", it really looks like a bigger version of Teridax with a silver paint. Plus, you're left with most of Takanuva's pieces and IIRC you can almost rebuild him. Granted the movie version sucks (like pretty much any movie design), but it does convey the fusion aspect better.

2003's best combo model was Makuta Nui without a doubt. Very scary and mean looking dude, and surprisingly big too.
>>
favorite combiners GO
>>
File: vywf9gwf7q651.jpg (1.19 MB, 3024x4032)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
I actually liked CCBS as a system.
>more compatibility with Technic and System
>still had compatibility with Bionicle parts (also Ben 10, early Hero Factory and some Knights Kingdom parts)
>bone/frame pieces allowed more complexity in structure, due to their technic connections and basic design
>basic shell pieces had more versatility due to their simplistic look, but there were some stylized shells too and ccbs was still compatible with Bionicle styled pieces
(they also somewhat nerfed G1 in later years by discontinuing the titan ball joint piece)

I just think it wasn't used to its full potential in official sets.
>>
>>10235130
I should build Makuta Nui someday, I finally have all of the component sets.
>>10235155
Kuma Nui
Mana-Ko
Kinloka
Kraahu
Voporak
Lava Hawk
[spoiler]Super Kulta[/spoiler]
JTO Makuta
>>10235160
I don't think it's a controversial take. I think CCBS is a great system - when it's not the sole thing in place. Integration into other systems is where it really comes to shine I'd argue.
>>
>>10234139
And not just for the Toa Phantoka but for the Makuta too. Sure Gavla's mask was pretty similar to Vamprah's, but Kirop's and Radiak's looked different enough they could be used for other purposes, especially given the very small pool of "evil" Kanohi designs we got.
Likewise Photok's kinda looks like a Kakama, but Tanma's and Solek's were prefectly serviceable.

That noble mask faggotry was actually one of the things that pushed me into going "Fuck BZP and their autism, I'll make my own parallel autistic headcanon with blackjack and hookers". I chose to use the Av/Kra Matoran masks as their masks and I didn't look back.
>>
>>10235109
That's not cost effective in the slightest. A company's main concern is not to serve you, it's to make a profit.
>>
>>10234415
No fucking way.
>>
>>10235263
You sound like a faggot and I don’t like your attitude. I didn’t say they needed to do all of that at once. Any of those possibilities individually would be greatly appreciated, and they can recoup the cost selling any of that as a collectors set online or in a Lego store with limited distribution. if they did a yearly part set they could probably turn a profit and improve their relationship with some of their customers. Respectfully choke on my balls.
>>
>>10235337
>and they can recoup the cost selling any of that as a collectors set online or in a Lego store with limited distribution
Absolutely not. Not even close.
>>
>>10235345
If it’s kept simple and just to 2 or 3 molds, recolored a few times , I don’t see how they wouldn’t be able to make the money back. The people who are buying this would be willing to buy this at a mark up as well because it would be the only way to get the parts in these colors. Look at the people who are buying over priced parts on bricklink because of the retarded canon contests. Lego could probably charge a premium for a small amount of plastic.

the other thing to consider is that even in a situation where it doesn’t make all the money back, which I don’t believe would happen, customer retention also matters and the argument could be made that by making a small token support “collectors” set once a year, that will lead to some people buying other Lego products.lots of companies already have this approach with their own products they make. I think it’s a good idea. They could literally take the 01 hau and recast it in 10 colors, sell it for 50.00 and people would buy it from the Lego online store. That would be the simplest form of the idea and even that would work.
>>
>>10235164
>Super Kulta
Based, the short arms look kinda derpy but nothing a revamp can't fix.
>>
>>10235160
>I just think it wasn't used to its full potential in official sets.
That was the main issue.
Lego phoned it in for the actual sets.
They used the normal frame and just stuck shell shit on it.
>>
https://youtu.be/6rZvIxNHr10
Amazing.
>>
File: 20230119_151125.jpg (1.77 MB, 3645x2050)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
Ungabunga.
>>
>>10235422
my god...the great beings...
>>
>>10235431
They... they like hockey?

>>10235369
Not gonna go too much into anything but Lego hasn't tested the waters with a crowdfunded project as far as I'm aware, and something like you're suggesting would probably relegated to that. But of course now the project is too small and not worthwhile, so they'd have to opt for something else. If they ever do decide to try crowdfunding? Then maybe we could see some unusual things. I'd have a hard time believing they have much interest in remaking old parts, and at that point why not just make new things.
>>
>>10235441
>Lego hasn't tested the waters with a crowdfunded project as far as I'm aware
Bricklink AFOL Designer Program.
>>
I missed out. As a kid I only got sets from the Last Bionicle waves and early Hero Factory.
>>
File: PXL_20220418_222234476.jpg (2.49 MB, 3024x4032)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>10235385
Kulta is just great for revamping in general. The guy needs a little extra growth.
>>10235441
>>10235449
Forma or whatever the hell those fish sets were as well.
>>10235489
Never too late. Plenty of parents selling their kids' sets that you can jump in on!
>>
>>10235160
I don't care if other people think I'm being nitpicky, it always bothers me when I see an illegal connection like in your pic (the 3l pin in the chest connecting the rahkshi upper chest piece to the t bar and the 5x3 plates)
>>
>>10235583
I don’t get it
>>
>>10231715
I’m trying to come up with ideas for combination powers for some Rahkshi Kaitas, does anyone here have any suggestions please? I was thinking of trying to have the powers make sense compared to the abilities of their components, like Vo’s power to fire the energy it absorbs using its Hunger ability right back at the foe it drained. To start, what power might a Teleportation, Hunger, and Stasis Kaita have? How about Darkness, Adaptation, and Insect Control? Finally, what about Rahi Control, Insect Control, and Plant Control?
>>
>>10235167
I never really liked the whole idea of noble masks at all. Seemed pointless to establish that every new mask introduced canonically had a second form that we would never see.
The original noble masks were just a different type of kanohi accessible to Turaga. There was no reason to establish the Toa Metru were wearing the exact same masks instead of just giving them brand new great masks that they would later get rid of because they simply couldn't use them anymore.
>>
>>10235395
one hell of a chunky bionicle dream come to life right here
>>
>>10235680
you know how the 3 long pins have that bump that you push liftarms or whatever past it? In that image it's being constantly depressed because they put the rahkshi body piece a half unit deep, stressing the piece and making it fragile. All things considered it's a minor stress and there have been countless arguments here about a similar situation with the mahritoran but it just bothers me.
>>
>>10235723
>Teleportation, Hunger, and Stasis
weakening aura, anything that gets within range immediately becomes extremely weak, with proximity increasing effects, and you could make a staff strike ludicrously debilitating.
>Darkness, Adaptation, and Insect Control
you can meld into shadows in any capacity and travel through them completely undetected, including taking others with you etc. Staff strike could submerge someone halfway, or something.
>Rahi Control, Insect Control, and Plant Control
You can create and control a blob/slime/ooze of biomass that consumes anything organic and grows. Obviously wouldn't eat the user, but otherwise is extremely dangerous. Staff strike creates on on target which is a death sentence.
>>
>>10235734
finally, someone who gets it.
>>
>>10235723
Based on the two official names, I always assumed the type of rahkshi kaita was determined by solely the dominant kraata. So any kaita lead by a Vorahk would become a Kaita Vo, with the same energy redirection power, regardless of the other two.
So I would assume the kaita powers are less about combining the three and more like a secondary kraata power.
>>
>>10235810
Different guy, but I always thought that what you're suggesting might be the case too (though Za's cyclone power seems a bit of if we're going by that kind of logic). So, to answer >>10235723's question, what are some cool secondary Kraata powers for those components? I like the idea >>10235781 had for a power Darkness could have, what about the others? Maybe Stasis Field dominant Kaitas can create one field for every Kraata in the fusion, so three instead of one?
>>
>>10231718
Bonkle
>>
>>10235991
Za's cyclone is off no matter what logic, but it makes marginally more sense as an ill-fitting secondary power of the kraata-za than somehow being the result of mixing fear, anger and poison.
>what are some cool secondary Kraata powers for those components?
Well let me think
>Kaita Ye
Can create clouds of toxic gas, not deadly like their poison, mainly for disorientation.
>Kaita Xi
Limited telekinesis. If a foe dodges their fragmentation beams, Kaita Xi can pelt them with the debris instead.
>Kaita Ul
Can create clones of itself, only a few at time, that fade away into dust after a few minutes. An ironic twist on the fact that Guurahk's power is the opposite of creation.
>Kaita Cu
Can transform into a living fireball. Just something to match Za's cyclone, plus anger becoming fire kind of fits thematically.
>>
>>10236027
Okay, that works for the other Rahkshi from Mask of Light, but what about the others, like Insect Control, Teleportation, etc.? The Anger power is pretty cool though.
>>
https://boxturret.tumblr.com/post/704822100785086464/one-sec-lol
>>
>>10236558
you think he will make a character creator?
>>
>>10236635
I hope so.
>>
I was the original person with the idea for noble masks ask me anything. I can spare 7 minutes, nothing more.
>>
>>10236918
What was the plan before that? Were they just going to be powerless, or did the additional six mask shapes as a whole not exist yet?
>>
>>10236927
Are you talking about the metru masks having powers? I don’t understand your question.
>>
>>10236927
You’re out of time.
>>
Was just looking at my CCBS stuff in a bin and some of the sets and MOCs that can be made are quite nice and easily made nice. I guess that's the point. Toa Ekimu has got some really wonky proportions with its weirdly long torso and short legs. Also had a couple Hero Factory in there and damn is Core Hunter a beautiful looking figure. The Breez from around that time is also very nice.
>>
>>10237284
Breakout Breez is a great figure. I bought a lot last year that had over half of the line and of the few I kept, that Breez was one of them. Waspix was another, great figure with some unique parts and colors, really nice to have around.
>>
>>10237284
>>10237565
Breakout was honestly the peak of Hero Factory
>>
>>10237577
Very controversial take. How brave.
>>
I found the old White Metal bionicle mask I got as a kid in my old toy chest, but googling around I can't find anyone selling it.

I'm probably going to keep it as a memento of my childhood, but I was wondering if anyone knew how much they were worth (hopefully not thousands because my insurance would need a rider).
>>
>>10233205
wait... The bohrok eyes are NOT his eyes?
>>
>>10235160
CCBS had one fatal flaw and that was having the middle section be a ball joint instead of the technic beam structure. Because the ball joint took up too much space it was harder to add anything to the side or front/rear, this meant the only pieces you could use was CCBS shells limiting your options.
>>
>>10238118
The movies interpreted sets weirdly. I thought the bohrok eyes were eyes but the movie had the metru skull eyes be the eyes. Similarly krekkas snout thing in the movie was supposed to be eyes according to the boxart.
>>
>>10235734
Case in point the Toa in MNOG were using the Turaga masks freely all the time, the masks even came in colors that matched the Toa so they could easily wear them.
My understanding as a 8 year old in 2001 was that "Noble" meant more magical powers, like invisibility or telekinesis, as opposed to the Great masks that had physical powers like strength or speed. They had the same power level, just dealt with different usages.
I think the idea that every Great mask had its Noble version, and that Noble = weaker, came way later, not before 2004 when the whole Kanohi-Kanoka power level thing was laid out.

Seems to me it would've made more sense if the power level of the mask had been tied to its user, the greater your mental fortitude the more you can make out of a mask. One mask, one power level, depends how much you manage to use it, like any other tool.
>>
>>10238152
>but the movie had the metru skull eyes be the eyes
That's not true though. He has big red transparent eyes that come from the side of his head in the movie. Just like the set. The Bohrok Eyes are his eyes, no question.
>Similarly krekkas snout thing in the movie was supposed to be eyes according to the boxart.
An error on the box art render. The movie gets it right. His eye is the red stud.
>>
lego is shitting in our mouths and calling it a sundae
>>
>>10238459
lego isn't shitting in our mouths. they don't even serve shit to us anymore
>>
>>10238459
>>10238462
rent free
>>
>>10231828
What dillution do you use?
>>
>>10238459
They fucking spelled Greg's last name wrong.
>>
File: 2d7.gif (500 KB, 500x374)
500 KB
500 KB GIF
Vezon's got the mask, but Fenrakk's got the teeth.
>>
Does anyone here resin cast parts? What would be the easiest pieces to do to learn?
>>
>>10237897
Nigga I don't ever see anyone talk about Hero Factory, ngl i kinda miss it, even if it was a huge waste of potential
>>
>>10239088
Like with most Lego themes you can tell the exact point the company decided to stop investing (money and effort) on HF, and that's right after Breakout. 2013 really didn't bring new to the table and was a severe downgrade in set and character designs. 2014 tried introducing some new building techniques with CCBS but the theme was already dead by then.

During Breakout it really felt like HF was finding its own footing and could stand on its own rather than a poor man's Bionicle. But like G2 and many other themes Lego declared it dead before it could fully express itself.
>>
>>10239166
>the anti-bionicle nigger is an esl
>>
>>10239178
anti biotard not anti bionicle, retard
>>
>The Toa of Fire has the Mask of Shielding
>The Toa of Stone has the Mask of Speed
>The Toa of Light has the Mask of...Light
>The bad guy boss with Shadow powers has the Mask of... Shadows
Anyone bothered by this? Granted, those two masks had secondary powers, but it all sounded too convenient, like most of the Mask of Light "plot".
>>
>>10239218
it's because they ditched the collectable masks by the time of the movie's release
>>
>>10233911
Yeah it sucks
>>10233961
Counterpoint: looks like shit
>>
>>10239218
They looked so cool my 11 year old self didn't even notice.

Maybe mask of creation and mask of destruction or order and chaos would have been better
>>
I have no idea why I keep rewatching piraka online animations
>>
>>10238041
Post a photo?
>>
>>10238127
Very true very sad
>>
File: 1651494924564.jpg (34 KB, 432x326)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>10239281
Not with me here unfortunately, but one of these
>>
>>10231715
This shit looks like the 2015 g2 cartoon
No bark no bite
>>
>>10239252
Just keeping their secondary psionic powers (spreading hope and peace vs fear and anger) would've been enough. Greg kind of acknowledged the redundancy of their power when in a 2007 book Teridax admits he mainly uses the Kraahkan for psychological warfare rather than for its elemental powers, fitting for his personality actually.
>Most think it allows me to spread physical darkness, or breed a little rage here and there, but it's much more than that. My Kanohi lets me see the darkness inside everyone, all the nasty little things they hide in the shadows of their spirit.

Has Takanuva ever actually used the full extent of the Avohkii's powers? BS01 says he used it to shoot a laser beam and that's it kek.
>>
>>10233542
What I assume is that within the same species the power levels aren't the same. Roodaka could hold her own against an entire Toa team, but most of the Vortixx seem to be mountain fodder lab nerds. Voporak even before mutation most likely wasn't a faggot like Sidorak if he was chosen for the experiment. And even among the Makuta someone like Icarax was defeating shitters like Vamprah and Gorast on his own.

It's probably the same for guys like Brutaka and Axonn, there's no way there are entire species of Makuta-tier monsters like them. The Shadowed One too is very clearly above Ancient and Tyrant. I'm assuming a mix of mental strength, natural powers and cybernetic augmentations can go long ways.
>>
File: JtO Makuta.jpg (718 KB, 925x782)
718 KB
718 KB JPG
>>10235391
My guess is trying to keep sets below a certain price point was the limiting factor. Pic related is a good official example of what could have been had price been no object.
While not Bonk, I remember the General Grievous set 75112 getting a lot of love as a CCBS showcase.
>>
>>10239316
Yeah, kind of like how most of the high powerlevel aliens in DBZ are supposed to be outliers among their species. And in both cases, the reason is probably just that character/set designers wanted to draw/build freely without needing to stick to established physical traits.
>>
>>10239288
Nice! It depends man. I've seen that cunt Cass Van Zutphen sell custom cast shit as the real thing for 1.5k and above, but even in recent years in local US based groups I've seen them sell for as low as 300-400 even w the pouch and card, or traded with pearl gold kraahkans/multiple euro misprint gali masks.
>>
>>10239463
>that cunt Cass Van Zutphen
I'm guessing that's that Bionicle Universe clown?
>>
So is it confirmed we're only allowed to buy $100 worth of classic, ninjago friends, monkie kid sets only for bonkle?
>>
>>10239162
Breakout felt like a big bang finale to me from a set perspective. With the way they brought back all the heroes with new forms in a single year.
Everything afterward feels meandering. Just like the MCU after Endgame.
>>
I know it's supposedly not canon or whatever, but it annoys me that when the Toa combine their powers against the Bahrag it creates a Toa Seal, but when they combine their powers in MNOG it doesn't.
>>
>>10239594
Supposedly anything is ok, but until the actual offer shows up online or in store, we're kind of waiting for confirmation.
>>
>>10239999
I believe the protodermis cage concept just wasn't thought out for mnog. It's one of those things they decided to add later.
>>
>>10235767
No you aren’t making any sense
>>
>>10239316
>It's probably the same for guys like Brutaka and Axonn, there's no way there are entire species of Makuta-tier monsters like them.
It took the order like a day to replace Botar. I assume that if Brutaka died they'd just pick up another one off the street and call him "Brutaka's Replacement."
>>
>>10235422
I wish people used the Hockey stuff more for MOCs
>>
>>10235422
voodooheads
>>
>>10233570
Iconic
>>
who would win in a fight?
>Gadunka
vs
>Lehvak Va
>>
>>10239999
I always saw this as it was just before their powers would start a protodermis cage, which is why Makuta retreated and booted the Toa out of Mangaia. Not because they beat him, but because he knew he'd be trapped again if he didn't. It ties this confrontation in with his battle against the Metru, and also shows the lack of knowledeg on the Toa's part. It also keeps Teridax as this big, powerful baddie without making him lose in his first true appearance.
>>
File: 68migtxqwl431.jpg (1015 KB, 3024x4032)
1015 KB
1015 KB JPG
I love you Rahkshi-chan!
>>
>>10239594
>>10240056
The amount of conflicting reports basically tells me we won't know until day of. Some places are reporting it's any theme, some are restrictive. Lego may be stupid enough to let stores set their own requirements and I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>10240786
Scratch this, looks like places like DuckBricks are confirming that the theme restrictions are in place.
>Creator 3 in 1
>Friends
>Monkie Kid
>Ninjago
>Classic
>City
>DOTS

Guess I'll be sorting out what I'll be picking up ahead of time.
>>
Lego has me seething and malding over this theme restriction bullshit on the gwp. So many creator expert sets I would be willing to spend twice as much as is required on to get the GWP. Other than ninjago, I bet they just wanted to pawn off various unlicensed themes that were selling poorly.
>>
>>10240803
After scouring Lego's current offerings, I can say with certainty I have no idea what the fuck to buy.
Jay's mech has a stupid amount of useful Technic parts, including a lot of those nicer new rotation joints. But then there's the combo mech that scratches my Power Ranger itch. And that doesn't even include all of the nice shit Monkie Kid has.
>>
>>10239327
>still missing Tahu and Umarak the Destroyer
One day I will have them, someday, somehow...
>>
>>10240141
Nonsense
>>
>>10240926
Same. Even though it seemed unlikely I had a bunch of pick a brick parts picked out that I was hoping would work towards the GWP. If interested in more potential 'G3' MOCs the Space Mission parts set is a really good piece to price ratio. Seems like some decent parts in some interesting colors. Anyone else have any decent solutions? Just as a fun looking build the Monkie Kid Combi Mech looks like a good set.
>>
>>10240948
I've only heard good things about the combi mech, seems like a solid buy. If I go the route of buying a bunch of smaller sets, that's one I'm for sure going to get.
>>
>>10240803
With this limitation in mind what do we think will happen with the set? Will few people bother with it, making after market prices soar? Idk if this actually happens, but if they don't run out of stock by the time the promotion ends will they actually sell it individually? I assume they won't just destroy any potential extras.
>>
>>10241151
I'm honestly not sure; my main concern is that since this the first and likely only Bionicle GWP that'll be made, prices for it on Bricklink are going to be much, much higher than they otherwise would be for a regular GWP. So it really boils down to personal choice: spend over $100 on a limited selection of Lego sets, or wait for the GWP to pop up on Bricklink and risk people asking absurd prices for it. The GWP has an estimated retail price of $17, for reference.
>>
>>10240935
can you elaborate?
>>
>>10241214
sounds like one hell of a chunky boner we gotta work out on this one lads, a pile of hefty ones to go through
>>
>>10241214
Ya, no real frame of reference. I'd imagine it'll show up right away probably for 50/60, then a bit later for 40, but who really knows. I think I'll buy some sets. I haven't bought Lego in a long time so it'll be fun. At least I hope it will be. If people want they can always buy sets to sell later and at least break even but I think I'll try to have some fun with it.
>>
>>10240803
i got dicked by this, was thinking of picking up the World Map since people were turning that into a map of Mata Nui, but not only the limitation but that went temporarily out of stock instead of just going on backorder

the fuck else am I gonna buy everything else looks like pure static to me
>>
>>10241461
Sounds like you lack an imagination
>>
>>10241465
lego ain't my main collecting sphere, but I really wanna get that Tahu and throw it somewhere on a shelf. nothing really piques my interest and if anything it'll take up space and just not be worthwhile

but yes you're probably right I do lack an imagination lol

if anything maybe i'll grab that $100 classic box set thing and a small other thing to push me over the edge, IDK.
>>
Personally I think that a full theme of these weird lego system based bionicles could work, I just want new toa and not the same toa mata everyone has seen before. They simply cannot do what they did in 2001 again in a way that would be better. Id also like to just buy the set instaead of getting $100 of other shit.
>>
File: 1669231856334.png (311 KB, 640x480)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>10241609
here's your G3, bro
>>
>>10241623
you say this like its an own or something but lego is a kids toy and these would be good rahi for the toa to fight. The thing at the bottom right is cute.

I think everyone here is stuck in 2008 where all the designs have to be super serious and not fun. but if you are trying to kickstart a new bionicle series it will have to be more styled and simple so they can make the warrner bros bionicle movie.
>>
>>10241642
Yea, biotards have arrested development
>>
>>10241642
what you're describing is literally why G2 flopped
>>
>>10241642
why is it that themes can't have different aesthetics? Why must everything become homogenized? I don't even mean this as a complaint, I don't care about the rest of lego, but why is it a rule in your head that if bionicle got rebooted, it would need to be like all their other products? That makes no sense!
>>
>>10241648
this is the correct answer
>>
>>10241644
>>10241644
real.
Every time I visit this thread everyone here is theory crafting a new strategy to revive the Bionicle line, without like actually thinking about the year we are in and how generally things that do exist function.

no one will get the Gen 3 they want, Because we live in the current year and not early 2000s. If they actually make gen 3, Lewa will be trans, kopaka and pohatu will be gay and gali will become the team leader. Makuta will be an analogy for racism and mata nui will be an evil white colonialist that gets humiliated by everyone. They will shit out garbage and foster a fan base so toxic and degenerate that you will hate that you ever liked Bionicle in the first place, and on the off chance you still do, they will erase any archive of the original gen 1 line and replace it with advertisements for their new gen 26, where in which tahu (an ally) has to fight the turaga and mata nui for kopakka and pohatu's right to gay marry each other and have anal sex. The best part about this is that tahu and gali realize their only way to fight the bad guys (old white people) is exercising their right to vote (for the democrats)!!!!!!

Bionicle, for the time being, is better off staying "dead". And, if we all cared enough, we could come together and continue it ourselves in the way we wanted too, but I doubt everyone here has any concreate idea for where this series should go (and neither did the original writes apart from Faber).
If Lego where to make a gen 3 I think the guys that where posting about the "rahi day" thing a while back kind if hit it on the head. Point being we cant do what was done in 2001 and something new must happen for Bionicle's to survive and if we force lego to make a gen 3 it will be shit and we wont like it, effectively killing the series.
>>
>>10235160
Agreed, CCBS was fine, even good sometimes, but I like mixing it with traditional technic stuff just for the heresy.
>>
>>10241658
Your reading comprehensions is very low. I didnt even say it had to be system, I just think the one system bionicle set they made was alright, and would probably be easier for lego to make a warner bros bionicle movie, which would be the clear end goal of gen 3 no? My argument is just a pragmatic one, we dont live in 2001, we live in 2023 and LEGO and the toys industry is a completely different beast, it is so stupid to think that a franchise like bionicle (something that was an early 2000s phenomenon) would work again now without any alterations.
>>10241648
Im not sure what you are trying to say, because I said more then one thing in that post. But ill contest that gen2 flopped because they tried to reboot the bionicle franchise instead of continuing it. They tried to reignite the spark that was 2001 gen 1 but you simply CANNOT do this again the the modern world. I dont think its possible. I believe the biggest issue with gen two was the design of the Bionicle's and the general aesthetic. The world seemed to gay and the animated show sucked big balls and wasn't cool like the original. The grand majority of zoomers and gen alpha don't watch TV any more and don't see ads, lego partially understood this so they cut down on the marketing budget, but they failed to advertise the line in a proper way. That in addition to the general lack of quality and originally which was gen 2. I would rather just buy transformer sets.
>>
>>10241648
Assuming you meant that the designs where too 2008 ignika ass transformers light looking ass shit then I agree totally, Bionicle's should look weird.
>>
>>10241609
Agreed, but this is how it's being presented now. I don't like when people look to that Bricklink vote thing to say system Bionicle wouldn't work. If that set was instead 6 or 7 System Toa looking like this Tahu, I bet it'd have done quite a bit better. Bionicle isn't the story to a lot of people, so as cool as that set was, it was hardly the embodiment of what System Bionicle could be.
>>
>>10241713
Real, Real
I Think they could definitely make some cool toa sets in system.
>>
>>10241623
mixels were kino, anon
>>
>>10241723
>real, real

Come back when you put your balls in some sockets, zoom zoom
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxo2bAwZxGA
>>
>>10241742
Me and the system boys have been putting our balls in ur moms sockets since day one
>>
>>10241748
Real.
>>
>>10232460
This picture is very insanely cool
>>
>>10241642
>is a kids toy
So were 2001 Rahi and the masterpack ones and except some counted exceptions they didn't look "cute".
Also is not like 08 didn't have shit like the good guys as the previous two years or anything.
>>
>>10241680
>That fucking schizo rant
Also rich that you think Bionicle is any less ruined now with the kind of people you seethe about being in power of what is left with an artificial sense of power that not even the most currently pozzed franchises offer (even SW fans have less risk of being unpersoned from the fandom).
You are so fixated you fail to see now we have all the cons of a dead franchise and none of the pros.

Lastly take your meds and touch grass with your bonks.
>>
>>10239218
They were more allegorical
Takanuva can pacify others
>>
>>10241680
Look you may be a schizoid zoomer but I'm down for rule63 lewa.
>>
>>10241921
You are a sick freak with mental problems
>>
File: 1634097077118.jpg (88 KB, 640x638)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>10241856
>Also rich that you think Bionicle is any less ruined now with the kind of people you seethe about being in power of what is left with an artificial sense of power that not even the most currently pozzed franchises offer (even SW fans have less risk of being unpersoned from the fandom).
you are probably a third worlder because this run-on sentence is almost completely incomprehensible. full stops and commas are very helpful for conveying your ideas in a way that normal people can understand them.

>Also rich that you think Bionicle is any less ruined now with the kind of people you seethe about being in power
The fact that Bionicle is not an actively running line in addition to the Biomedia project and Biosector01 being active websites means that "these people" have not yet ruined it. Gen1 is pretty much free for everyone to experience whenever.
mischaracterizing what im saying as "seethe" is a misnomer, What im saying is that If you push for Gen 3 in the modern world you will get modern corporate garbage. Gen 3, if it ever gets created, will be made by one of "these people" who are not bionicle fans. See the rings of power of the halo tv show for examples of this.
>>
>>10241856
Additionally,
>You are so fixated you fail to see now we have all the cons of a dead franchise and none of the pros.
You have not explained what it is im fixated on? nor what these pros or cons are.
>>
>>10241852
I dont get it, do you think that rahi should be cute or not? you haven't articulated your point clearly enough.
>>
What bionicle characters seem the most likely to be racist?
>>
File: 1660501911479490.png (3.15 MB, 1997x1125)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB PNG
>>10241944
Po-matorans
>>
>>10232100
>can I have a turbo

NO!!! NONONONONO—- N O!! I NEED THEM…I H A V E to have them. NO!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
>>
>>10241931
>you are probably a third worlder
Just phoneposting atm, which is bad I admit but not as bad as being mentally poisoned like you. Yes we know shit is bad but did you have to drop an entire salt mine into the wound when It was off topic?
>The fact that Bionicle is not an actively running line in addition to the Biomedia project and Biosector01 being active websites
Guess who runs those websites. Ofc G1 is free to experience but also is SW Legends and their plethora of games.
>If you push for Gen 3 in the modern world you will get modern corporate garbage. Gen 3, if it ever gets created, will be made by one of "these people" who are not bionicle fans. See the rings of power of the halo tv show for examples of this.
Such is the fate of most media. But the rambling sounds utterly schizoid even by the standards of the worst we have seen in for example Lord of the Rangz
>You have not explained what it is im fixated on? nor what these pros or cons are.
The troons, as for the cons It should be obvious at this point. The community is an extremelly endogamic echo chamber where a handful of people basically have a lot of influence despite not doing anything productive. And the ones that do productive stuff can get blacklisted on the entire community because some lifeless loser uncovered that he liked a couple of rockthrow comics. Like I said in SW that is less likely to happens because the sheer size of the fandom allows for people not terminally online to be present in bigger numbers.
There is more to this to overanalyze but It would be a waste of a good thread.
>>
>>10241948
Can I get a quick run down on this
>>
>>10241940
No. The cute Rahi/sets exist but they are the exceptions not the rule.And even then depending on who you ask they might find them not that cute.
Specially not the kind of "cute" of that previous pic.
>>
>>10241959
>Guess who runs those websites.
The point has gone over your head completely, the fact that the websites are still up and free is the point.

>Yes we know shit is bad but did you have to drop an entire salt mine into the wound when It was off topic?
The Thread is called Bionicle General, im talking about bionicles, I fail to see how this is off topic by any means. Especially when someone was talking about gen 3 not but 6 posts before mine. The fixation on being salty is again a bizarre way to paint me in the way you want. Im not particularly angry, I just want people to realize that Campaigning for a gen 3 or for Bionicle's to make a come back is misguided. on the other hand, Ad hominem me for articulating the way of things does come of as salty. But I do want to understand your point.

>But the rambling sounds utterly schizoid even by the standards of the worst we have seen in for example Lord of the Rangz
You haven't articulated whatever point you where trying to make here very well. I dont see how how my post was in any way schizo if you seems to agree, examples:
> Yes we know shit is bad but did you have to drop an entire salt mine into the wound when It was off topic?
>Such is the fate of most media.
Ill concede that it was perhaps long winded but I think you are taking a lot of the hyperbole at face value.

>The troons
Just call them transgendered people. I dont get why you have a problem with what im saying if you will use the slur to describe them.
I don't think I really mentioned them in the post beyond saying lewa would be trans. Again hyperbole to illustrate a grander point. I didnt think I would need to explain what I meant here but im referring to the practice big corporations employ of to alter previous beloved cultural icons to be LGBTQ and BIPOC to spread their agenda. I believe this is a self evident phenomenon.
>>
>>10241968
you are really fucking bad at explain what you meant tho,
> Also is not like 08 didn't have shit like the good guys as the previous two years or anything.
what are you even trying to say here

>No. The cute Rahi/sets exist but they are the exceptions not the rule.And even then depending on who you ask they might find them not that cute.
what is ur issue then??????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>10241959
>as for the cons It should be obvious at this point. The community is an extremelly endogamic echo chamber where a handful of people basically have a lot of influence despite not doing anything productive.
Im not really sure who you are talking about, you can name names and it would be interesting. I dont think I disagree with anything in this sentence tho.

>And the ones that do productive stuff can get blacklisted on the entire community because some lifeless loser uncovered that he liked a couple of rockthrow comics.
I'm only really aware of the reddit coup and the takua 64 guy. both of which are bad things but im not as much as a defeatist as you are clearly. lying down and taking it wont get you anywhere, it will just let evil people ruin the thing you like.
I dont have a proscriptive solution but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to forge a new Bionicle community, if indeed the productive people are being cast out.
>>
>>10241959
>There is more to this to overanalyze but It would be a waste of a good thread.
Im not sure it would ruin the thread, there wasn't much going on. Having these ideas out in the ether would probably be more beneficial then complaining about how much you dislike system or what have you.
>>
>>10232468
>this is the only 2001 Tahu that has this kind of articulation
If this counts as a 2001 Tahu, then Stars has it beaten by over a decade.
>>
>>10241988
Stars would count, but Stars only has shoulders hips wrists ankles and head. This Tahu did lose his wrists and ankles, but gained elbows, knees, mid-section. It's actually fairly close, but I guess those new pieces help make it seem more dynamic.
>>
>>10241680
>If they actually make gen 3, Lewa will be trans, kopaka and pohatu will be gay and gali will become the team leader
every piece of story-related lego media since bionicle has been completely safe and non-political. why would they suddenly do a complete 180 and LGBT-ify bionicle??
>>
>>10242081
I wouldn’t exactly call Lego media non political. But their is already a push to recontextualise the takua arc as a transgender allegory so I don’t exactly see it as far fetched to see something of that sort showing up in a potential Gen 3.
>>
File: 10978u.png (36 KB, 151x147)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>10242087
>a push to recontextualise the takua arc as a transgender allegory
the fuck? this is the first i'm hearing of this so i'm blanking
>>
>>10242087
There*
Again I’m being hyperbolic with the extremity of the example but the general idea is that they will alter the line to suit the cathedral’s agenda to corrode anything that was mostly apolitical to being explicitly pro-cathedral agenda.
>>
>>10242095
Here’s a video I found

https://youtu.be/vz7tZwhAAZQ

but this idea has been going around for a long time. Takua is being kind of turned into a transgender icon. Very sad, considering the allegory doesn’t make any sense in context.
>>
>>10242087
>>10242096
corporations don't have agendas other than making money. lego didn't make a rainbow pride set to push le globohomo conspiracy, they did it because everyone else was doing it and they thought it would sell. a theoretical bionicle g3 (which is never happening anyway) would be aimed at young boys, and even lego is smart enough to know that they don't care about any of that shit
>>
>>10241680
Thank you I can now repeat this every time some retard asks why gen3 hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>10242109
Lego made that rainbow set because there is a degenerate in the top staff.
>>
File: 1689048590809.jpg (51 KB, 1050x591)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>10242101
thanks anon

yeah this bullshit is just static, if anything Mask of Light was a coming of age story and Takua is apprehensive about the responsibility, and Tamaru is different, enough said
>>
>>10242087
>recontextualize
You realize that people are allowed to see things in art that they want to see, right? There is no right or wrong answer. For some, it's simple as what the story presents. For others, they see a resonant meaning. Get over yourself and quit being inflammatory.
>>
>>10242109
> corporations don't have agendas other than making money.

This is a very small brain take. And I genuinely feel bad that you have been hoodwinked like this( because it’s what they want you to think!). Without the massive screed, why do you think every modern company shills for progressive issues only and no right wing issues, despite their being a roughly 50/50 split of these people? I don’t disagree that progressives and especially trans people are the perfect consumer but to think that corporations wouldn’t try to produce more of these people by way of media hypnosis is absurd on the face of it.

> lego didn't make a rainbow pride set to push le globohomo conspiracy, they did it because everyone else was doing it and they thought it would sell.

By ur own logic if Lego saw something like Steven universe and thought If they made lewa trans it would sell better, they would still do it. And considering the general trend of things, I don’t see why they wouldn’t make lewa trans.

Also they definitely did make the rainbow pride flag to push the globo-homo conspiracy, because globo-homo conspiracy would make them more money. See?

> a theoretical bionicle g3 (which is never happening anyway) would be aimed at young boys, and even lego is smart enough to know that they don't care about any of that shit

Modern Shows aimed at the youth are designed to propagandise them into becoming progressive nihilistic consumers with no connection to anything. See like any Disney corporation movie of late and the aforementioned Steven universe. I don’t see why bionicle would escape this, especially now that takua is becoming a progressive trans meme.

I genuinely feel bad that you have such a low brain take on this issue. Why do you deny that if they made a g3 it would be modern garbage? It’s very weird.
>>
>>10242128
Omg I totally relate, bionicle helped me realize I was trans too.
>>
>>10242134
lol ok retard
>>
>>10242143
Modern cartoons are too ugly to ever receive toys.
>>
>>10242128
Not that anon but there are also intentions. For example there are cases where directors explicitly explain their line of thinking for a movie/scene, yet someone else could have interpreted it completely different and believe that how they see it is the right way in earnest. Both people can technically be right, but the director had his vision which is essentially the true way of how the movie/scene is, and the person's interpretation is technically a re-contextualization of it. I don't think anon was purposefully trying to be rude, and saying that people are reinterpreting a movie/scene isn't necessarily wrong or meant to be mean.
>>
>>10242128
You are just fucking stupid my man. I’m using the word correctly. In context there is no mention of transgenderism, so to then say the movie is an allegory for transgenderism is adding a new context that was not inherit to the art, hence re-contextualising the art . Adding a new context to the art to make a new meaning. The fact you think I’m being inflammatory is kind of crazy. And to immediately use the subjectivity defence is also crazy. There is objectivity in art, and one persons interpretation can be wrong if they have perceived the art wrong (say they misunderstood a concept or misheard a line and so on)
>>
>>10242137
I’m really glad it helped :-) you have a lot of produces to buy and democrats to vote for.
>>
>>10242114
Glad I could help :) !!!!
>>
>>10242119
I agree that that is the actual moral, but I’m pretty sure this narrative of being transgender was made post hock to drive the transgender horde to invade the bionicle space and convert it to the cathedrals agenda (Make it shit).
>>
Would you guys be alright with system Bionicle if it was purely centered around buildable figs with tons of articulation?
>>
>>10242169
I don't know I'd need to pull out my dick and furiously masterbate for a while.
>>
>>10242169
They have to look cool with a cool story. System or ccbs doesn’t matter at all. System is better tho :0
>>
>>10242171
Real
>>
>>10242169
Would definitely be interested, ya. Keeping them small and simple, with 'titans' the size of say G2 Toa, and giant Rahi and others would make for a fun world building series.
>>
>>10242181
Why not make your own?
>>
>>10242184
Some parts coming soon to make my own. At least in this thread your usual spiel makes sense.
>>
>>10241926
I'm not the one screaming at shadows.
>>
schizoposting aside, I'd gladly welcome a toa team with a 50/50 gender ratio and a female leader so long as they're all brand new characters. I'll take cool new characters over needlessly rehashed old ones any day.
>>
>>10235489
Early Hero Factory wasn't that bad.
>>
>>10242589
Given the robotic nature of the Toa, it isn't like them being female really matters one would think to buyers, at least unless there was a show. No need to lock them into being Ga only, and frankly, why even limit the Toa to the usual 6 elements. Why not get some Sonics, Magnetism, and the rest, with some new unique color schemes. Maybe a smaller core team of 3 or 4, and a lot of other teammates they can team up with depending on where they are.

Whether the characters are new (ie. have new names, because functionally a new Tahu won't be the same Tahu as the past) or not doesn't really matter to me, but I'm open to it. The thing is nostalgia sells, but then again a fresh start might be a good place to start. Maybe Tahu and the rest could actually be those side Toa (maybe they're also more experienced), or maybe they're even Turaga, so it's almost like a spiritual successor, and the new core cast can be new.
>>
>>10242613
>>10242589
It's a toyline for boys, of course most of the characters are gonna be male.

I do admit the females got shafted in terms of powers though:
- Water
- Psionics
- Electric

Whereas the boys got:
- Fire
- Earth
- Stone
- Air
- Ice
- Magnetism
- Iron
- Sonics
- Gravity
- Plantlife
- Plasma
>>
>>10242626
way to be a little bitch about a brand meant for boys
>>
How is it heresy? They're both lego and they are compatible.
>>
>>10242677
(meant to answer this post: >>10241699 )
>>
>>10242680
because biotards have brain damage and hate fun, its why they take the lore of this faggot shit so much and recontxtualize a hero journey as a trans reawakening
>>
>>10238127
You can still attach technic pieces with pin holes there, but you can only attach pieces with studs (picrel for example) to the pinhole in front of the ball joints.
>>
>>10242628
no I support this.
>>
We’re the infected kanohi an allegory for STDs? What other hidden lessons are in the lore?
>>
>>10242783
Bara Magna were actually a nudist beach and the Skrall are cops trying to arrest them for being nude.

Brotherhood of Makuta and the Order of Mata Nui was meant to invoke Bloods and Crips.
>>
>>10242801
Can you elaborate on your bara magna theory? I’m not familiar with that part of the story. I want to hear more.
>>
>>10242677
It's a funny m8, some autists really do get uppity about it
>>
>>10242626
I dunno, girls get electricity and psychic powers, those are some of the coolest ones.
>>
>>10242683
Real, real.
>>10242613
No body has ever had a problem with a female lead toa team when the line was still running, helryx was the first toa no? It’s more that if gen 3 was made it would be designed to propagandise the youth. And above that designed for actual bionicle fans to hate it.
>>
>>10242613
This post is so baffling.
You want the toa mata to be out done and humiliated by an all female girl power toa team and then be turned into turaga. If you get a gen 3 it will literally be this. And it will be your fault. I doubt that you have any connection to the bionicle series or characters if you wouldn’t mind this.

Making concessions they you “wouldn’t mind” an all female toa team is so silly, granted the idea by itself is innocuous in a normal healthy society, but we don’t live in this normal healthy society. the people making gen 3 won’t take that concession in good faith, and will just use it to shit up and ruin gen 1 and the original characters. Stop giving the enemy your ground!
>>
>>10242783
yeah that’s right, because you aren’t allowed to make media that is devoid of sex and “gender”.
The subtext of the message is that you should be gay or trans. which is a really empowering and valid message that makes me want to vote Democrat and buy products.
>>
>>10242575
We are all posting on the biog thread on 4chan.
>>
they should just expand the universe of bara magna and drop aqua magna already. at least there it wouldn't fuck around with the source material if they'd decide to do some shit with love since the Glatorians can feel that. i just hope this won't be system, but they could use some desert sets to be frank
>>
>>10243186
persoanlly i find that the Barramagna arc and 2009 in general where quite bad. teh character design was especially bad part from strakk maybe
>>
>>10243244
i was pretty unhappy with the movie and the embarrassment that was the fight against tuma but i think it has really nice potential. what was based from Glatorians was bringing back "rahi" with their vehicles and returning to a more tribal aesthetic just like the first waves of bionicle and it's matorans. and making a hut out of technic plates won't be that hard, basically creating a technic dollhouse or something. for the Designs, yeah i like more Designs than just strakk who looks the coolest but there were shitty ones imo like Tarix. not malum, malum is king, big ass claws as hands are kino, onua taught us that.
>>
>>10242626
For what it's worth, a hypothetical G3, even including all the elements from g1, would absolutely not keep the sex ratios for them. Heck, we already had it changed in G2 with whats-thems-names, kizuna as the water villager and whatever the earth villager being male and female respectively instead of the other way around.
>>
>>10243280
looked it up after posting, kivoda = water = male and korgot = earth = female. (tiddy launcher, based based based)
>>
>>10243147
Who said anything about an all female team or humiliating the Toa Mata?
>>
>>10243284
He's saying that's what would happen do to current political climate, culture, and people in charge at lego. Not a controversial take.
>>
>>10243252
I Actually agree that the idea has insanely good potential and I liked the weird monster sets, the scorpion guys and the vehicles too. I will also concede that there are aspect of the designs that where cool, and like i said before the scorpion guys where very nice. i just dont think the year was particularly good, and kind of squandered the potential.
>>
>>10243286
Im glad someone Understood!
>>
File: Comic_Tuma.png (612 KB, 474x703)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
>>10243291
to let Bionicle rest easy in it's grave, lego could name it something else than Bionicle G3. maybe just bara magna or something. having all these tribes can make for some good variety in outpost sets.
>>
>>10243330
I think something other then a mega corp should make it. bionicle was only as good as it was out of necessity.
The only way something good would come of a bionicles continuation is a fan continuation that was kino and not modern progressive shit. A modest retcon of 2008-2010 would also be needed I think.
I think reworking the tribes on bara magna and fleshing the world out a little more would be good too, its not even a bad idea, has real potential. however, Spherus magna seems more interesting, Bionicle NEEDS big dinosaurs. I think merging the concepts might be best, or cutting to the chase idk. Sand isnt very interesting.
>>
>>10243186
>it wouldn't fuck around with the source material if they'd decide to do some shit with love since the Glatorians can feel that.

I would strongly oppose trying to add a love or romance arc into anything bionicle and especially in the current year with the LGBTQ zeitgeist. one of the best parts to me about Bionicle, and why I think its a bastion against modern shid, is precisely because of the lack of those themes.
>>
>>10243354
Exactly. Love not being canon is one of the things they got right
>>
>>10243361
Glad you agree!!! its a very unique aspect of the series which I would hate to see retconned. one of the reasons the Takua recontextualization and the LGBTQ stuff urks me so much is because its so out of contex and clearly alien to the actual material.
>>
New to the franchise. What are some unpopular/controversial theories or beliefs you have about this franchise that you can’t talk about on BZP?
>>
>>10243252
I feel like the problem with the Glatorian was that, if anything, they weren't different enough.
The whole Glatorian year was supposed to be like a soft reboot, something to keep Bionicle fresh, but the toys were all av-matoran and inika builds all over again.
>>
>>10243615
Real, Real.
The designs weren't much good. Vorox and Skrakk where the best by far in terms of design and truthully they arent better then anything made in 2001-2008, and incredibly derivative of 2008. If anything these two are just Mild retreads of the Barraki sets.
>>
>>10243661
2007-2008* 2007*
>>
>>10243091
I think Magnetism and Iron are by far the coolest ones, in a universe where there's metal everywhere
>>
>>10243661
>>10243615
Bara Magna was the perfect time to introduce the hero factory builds (the good ones).

But instead they wasted it with more Inika builds
>>
>>10243147
>Stop giving the enemy your ground!
it's a 20 year old plastic toy, please take your meds
>>
>>10243284
his schizo powers allow him to read between the lines and see hidden globohomo dogwhistles.
>>
File: 1556129976807.jpg (69 KB, 600x404)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
Stop giving the schizo attention.
>>
>>10243244
I honestly liked the first half of the arc when Bara Magna was still moody and mysterious, but during the second wave Mata Nui kind of overshadowed the setting and the movie ruined all of the cool stuff in it. Also for some reason the second wave of sets were way uglier.
>>
File: 1645638692957.jpg (467 KB, 2015x1512)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
Post Rahi, I need inspiration
>>
>>10243914
>>10243914
>>10243914
>>
>>10235160
Interesting torso frame, I might build a similar one. I wonder how the Hordika neck is attached though.
>>
>>10239999
Personally I think Makuta is projecting himself as an illusion, so when the Toa blast him they aren't actually hitting anything at all. I headcanon that Toa require a target in order to form a Toa seal. If they're directing their powers at nothing, the seal can't be formed around anything.
>>
>>10243738
Real
>>
>>10243866
you will never be a woman
>>
>>10241982
>The point has gone over your head completely, the fact that the websites are still up and free is the point.
The point is flying above yours as well, they own these pages so they get that "prestige" and so they believe themselves to be holier than thou despite the fact that they are severely overglorified archivists. Think of the Beaverhouse crew, whose main achievement is to rescue an unfinished game and make an entire event just to promote that achievement (810day 2019 was literally made for that reason)

>Just call them transgendered people. I dont get why you have a problem with what im saying if you will use the slur to describe them.
My problem is that out of the blue you vomit an entire paragraph of made up bullshit that reeks of too much free time at best and outright false flagging at worse. Literally the equivalent of the brapfag on twitter that if anything is making the cunts that he is allegedly fighting against bolder.Like another anon said it is highly unlikely that Lego would do that shit on a kids toyline unless they wanted to cater the they/them fags.
And if they did, I can firmly say that it would flop harder than , not G2, but Galidor even because Lego themes aren't like Disney/CN cartoons that can be catered to the lesbian shippers.
Obviously not all of those shitters are trans, but some of the most political ones (besides admins and "big names") are.

>Im not really sure who you are talking about, you can name names and it would be interesting. I dont think I disagree with anything in this sentence tho.
People like Arc, who get famous solely for being a janny in a lot of places (fun fact, he is also a janny on Duckbricks server to make the circlejerking even more blatant)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqYqbWF87QA
Or pretty much the entire Council shit.
>>
>>10242128
By that reasoning I could craft the most xenophobic and race realistic narrative regarding the Bionicle lore you could gaze upon and not only would it be correct regarding to the lore but more accurate to it than the fucking Transkanuva shitty meme. You darn retard.
>>
>>10245545
>People like Arc, who get famous solely for being a janny in a lot of places
Not the anon you were replying to, but is that really all there is to him? How did he end up being a janny in so many places that he's basically an eceleb with no one else able to question his authority?
>>
>>10241430
different anon here. you know that bump on the two section long end of the 3l pin that acts as a soft barrier between the central section and the far end? he identified that that bump is caught in the middle of the rakshi chest section. because if this, its being lightly, but constantly, pressured into a position that the piece isnt intended to assume.
>>
>>10243934
connects to the end of the upper rakshi torso, where the spine usually connects in the front of a rakshi.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.